NATION

PASSWORD

[Cancelled] International (WA) Ban on Nuclear Testing

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Darenjo
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:I was wondering if it contradicted Nuclear Testing Safety... after all, the existence of such a resolution allows us to infer the right of individual states to perform nuclear testing provided certain protocols are followed.

It depends on how you're looking at it. As I see it, it doesn't exactly contradict NTS [period in which I thought of an earlier version of NTS which did not get submitted]. I don't really know if it's illegal because of NTS specifically.

Anyways, I'm hoping this would get deleted for being "Bloody Stupid".
Last edited by Darenjo on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Park Si-Jung, Ambassador to the World Assembly for The People's Democracy of Darenjo

Proud Member of Eastern Islands of Dharma!

Ryouese Black Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryouese Black Islands » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:50 pm

The Ryouese Empire declares that the idea of banning Nuclear Testing is stupid and illegal. If this goes to vote The Empire will vote against it and we will make sure that Powerfulbritannia knows that we are not a nation to bow down to stupidity.
Colonies of Ryou
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
New Age people claim The "Space Brothers" are coming. I say "Do they have Space Sisters?"
StGeorge: you're pathetic
13:25 StGeorge: seriously
13:25 StGeorge: just leave ns already
13:25 StGeorge: you're an embarrassment to the site
13:25 StGeorge: and should have been thrown out months ago

Droskianishk
Envoy

Founded: Dec 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Droskianishk » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:57 pm

The Ambassador of Droskianishk refers to and reinforces the statements made by the Ambassadors of Great Nepal and the Seperatist Peoples.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:07 am

The Left-Libertarian Hippies wrote:KNOWING that nuclear weapons testing is harmful to the health and security of all nations in the world,
Already one absurd statement. How does having well tested and well developed weapons endanger a nations security exactly? Also, how can you demonstrate that all nuclear weapons testing is harmful to health? If I tested a nuke on an desolate asteroid several parsecs from any civilisation, how does that harm anyone's health?

FEARING that if nuclear weapons testing continues as a common occurance most of the world's population may become sick or possibly die,
Can you run it though a spell check please? Also, again, big gap in logic by suggesting all nuclear tests cause health problems.
DEMANDING that action be taken by the World Assembly to prevent nuclear weapons testing and provide health services to those affected by the harsh effects of nuclear weapons testing,
M'kay.

This act hereby declares,
i. All World Assembly nations must cease their use of nuclear weapons for testing. Corporations who operate in these nations must also cease testing.
And allow all non-member states to feel safe in the knowledge that they can drop nukes on member states without fear of effective reprisal. Yeah Good thinking!
ii. A Nuclear Safety and Health Advisory Council shall be established to aid nations in building health facilities for those affected by nuclear testing. This Council shall also work with individual nations to ensure the safety of methods being used in those facilities and to ensure that resources are not wasted in treating patients.
Meh. Seems a bit like micromanagement, but whatever
iii. The Nuclear Safety and Health Advisory Council will also give aid and income support to workers displaced by this act.
Yup, definitely seems like micromanagement.
iv. This act doesn't prohibit nations from posessing nuclear weapons.
Oh that's nice of you. Shame we won't know if they actually work. Also spell check.

In summary, my government chooses to express our opposition to this proposal.
Kryozerkia wrote:I was wondering if it contradicted Nuclear Testing Safety... after all, the existence of such a resolution allows us to infer the right of individual states to perform nuclear testing provided certain protocols are followed.
Given NTS says we can test nukes (under certain conditions), and this piece of tripe says we can't, that's a pretty obvious conflict right there.
Last edited by Hirota on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Aeolic
Secretary

Founded: May 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeolic » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:15 am

The Council of Aeolic agrees with ambassador Hirota as he has define the faults of this proposal. We stand by his decision on this matter til furhter notice.
"We are the Keepers of the Wind"

Scandavian States
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Scandavian States » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Is this your round-about way of saying this this proposal does in fact come in conflict with NTS?

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Scandavian States wrote:

Is this your round-about way of saying this this proposal does in fact come in conflict with NTS?

Unofficially, my interpretation is that if there is a resolution governing a certain action, in this case, regulating nuclear testing, that it's indirect approval from the WA to carry out the action provided that its done in accordance to the stipulations of the legislation.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Scandavian States
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Scandavian States » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:
Scandavian States wrote:

Unofficially, my interpretation is that if there is a resolution governing a certain action, in this case, regulating nuclear testing, that it's indirect approval from the WA to carry out the action provided that its done in accordance to the stipulations of the legislation.

Would it be possible to have an official ruling in regards to this resolution, in light of the existence of the NTS? Needn't be from you, just something official to steer us on this matter.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly