NATION

PASSWORD

Proposal: repeal nuclear arms possesion act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri May 27, 2011 3:59 pm

Linux and the X wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:
Take a good long look at #1.

I declare that I am legally permitted to kill you. Declarations are not automatically true.

Except that in this case, it is legal. According to a WA resolution. So in your analogy, if there is a law saying that you are legally allowed to kill me, then yes, that declaration is true.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Fri May 27, 2011 4:06 pm

Linux and the X wrote:I declare that I am legally permitted to kill you. Declarations are not automatically true.

Except that in this case, it is legal. According to a WA resolution. So in your analogy, if there is a law saying that you are legally allowed to kill me, then yes, that declaration is true.

The resolution declares that there is no legislation against x. At present, this is true. The resolution does not declare that there can never be legislation against x. However, let us assume that the right of posession exists, as I did for the original list. Everything else is still fair game.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri May 27, 2011 4:10 pm

Linux and the X wrote:

The resolution declares that there is no legislation against x. At present, this is true. The resolution does not declare that there can never be legislation against x. However, let us assume that the right of posession exists, as I did for the original list. Everything else is still fair game.

We don't have a need to assume. Nations are legally allowed to possess and use nuclear weapons according to NAPA. What you would like to to is limit nations' abilities to respond to hostile enemies, especially those outside of the WA. I dont know what kind of fluffy fairyland your nation exists in, but the CDSP is greatly concerned with it's defensive capabilities in regards to our neighbors.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Previous

Return to General Assembly