NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Fire 40: Kazzoria and Krytenia

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Qlumez
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Qlumez » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:59 pm

A flopping fish
With their third draw in a row, Qlumez needs to step up the game

Another day, another disappointing result. The Qlumezian national team can't seem to be able to finish a match on top, and the last match, against Robsonien, didn't end in a disaster for very little. It fell on Yuyù, yet again, to save the team, sending a screamer from outside the box after catching a heel pass from Liqecwi. Tuqeuci is still not scoring, and the young guns over at the bench saw little action.
With Meddicia already through, now Qlumez depends on a victory and a stumble from their adversaries to keep going.
Last edited by Qlumez on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Qlumez motto in Katothwa Re
Veegahn kahmikuhn yahshemahlah lucs. Veegahn dahkaht votahnto.

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:55 pm

OOC: Please find updated knockout schedule in the OP.

MATCHDAY FOUR

Group E
North Breifne 1-0 D Land and Isles
Aniporo 2-1 Diol

Ps Team                  P  W D L For Ag +/- Pts
1 Aniporo 3 3 0 0 4 1 +3 9 QUAL
2 North Breifne 4 1 2 1 2 2 +0 5
3 A Rebel Alliance 3 1 1 1 1 1 +0 4
4 D Land and Isles 3 1 0 2 3 3 +0 3
5 Diol 3 0 1 2 3 6 -3 1 ELIM

Group F
Waterlords 0-2 Jepstonia
Amelsberg 0-3 Free Swiss States

Ps Team                   P W D L For Ag +/- Pts
1 Free Swiss States 3 2 1 0 5 1 +4 7
2 Ganjapolis 3 2 0 1 3 2 +1 6
3 Jepstonia 3 1 1 1 4 3 +1 4
4 Amelsberg 3 1 1 1 3 5 -2 4
5 Waterlords 4 0 1 3 2 6 -4 1 ELIM

Group G
Midlonia 2-0 Zirakul
Mossulia 0-1 Arda

Ps Team          P  W D L For Ag +/- Pts
1 Midlonia 4 2 1 1 4 2 +2 7
2 Mossulia 3 2 0 1 4 2 +2 6
3 Zirakul 3 1 1 1 2 3 -1 4
4 Arda 3 1 1 1 1 1 +0 4
5 Nanwe 3 0 1 2 1 4 -3 1 ELIM

Group H
Mangolana 0-2 Wilfred Test
Total n Utter Inanity 1-0 Dutch Africa

Ps Team                       P  W D  L For Ag +/- Pts
1 Mangolana 4 3 0 1 6 5 +1 9
2 The Krieg Empire 3 2 0 1 4 2 +2 6*
3 Wilfred Test 3 2 0 1 4 2 +2 6*
5 Total n Utter Inanity 3 1 0 2 2 4 -2 3
4 Dutch Africa 3 0 0 3 2 5 -3 0 ELIM
*The Krieg Empire above Wilfred Test on head-to-head result
Last edited by Krytenia on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Aniporo
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aniporo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:49 pm

The Daily Moo

Success! Aniporo qualifies early

If you were wondering why your neighbors were partying til the late hours of the night, it was probably because they were celebrating the Aniporon national team's qualification to the next round of the Baptism of Fire. So far, they are the only team in the Krytenia region to have qualified which makes it all the more great. The qualification came after a 2-1 win against Diol, who just so happened to be eliminated at the same time. Aniporo struck hard and fast with a 12th minute strike by the captain, Sanchez and a 43rd minute goal by Validinho from a free kick just outside the box. Diol scored in the 63rd to make the game interesting but just couldn't get near the goal again. This success has raised the hopes of the football fanatics in Aniporo and given hope to its desenters. Aniporo looks to finish the group stage undefeated against D Land and Isles to keep their momentum going into the next round. All of us here in the sports section of the Daily Moo wish them the best of luck.
Last edited by Aniporo on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Melkor Unchained » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:17 pm

Brun Lifts Arda To Stay Alive

DATURUAS- It seems Arda's advancement hopes weren't meant to be dashed just yet. Wilhelm Brun scored in the 65th minute to lift Arda to a 1-0 victory against the then group-leading Mossulians. Striker Ogan Edebali and team captain Max Von Kroy pushed the ball through midfield with a give-and go, which drew a defender up to challenge the play. He nearly bounced the pass away, but Brun streaked to the goal up the middle, and got a perfect aerial feed from Von Kroy as the defender pressed him from behind. Both Edebali and Kasparkova had lured their defenders wide, which gave Brun all the space he needed to advance the ball and punch in a long strike from just outside the penalty area.

Despite his size advantage, the opposing goalkeeper was helpless.

"I still can't believe we did it," admitted Von Kroy after the match. "Whoever had the bright idea of letting sentient animals into this thing obviously never had to tackle an Elk."

Team coach Irgen Saaduri took a different track. "Well, these are the kind of challenges you're going to face in an environment like this," he noted when asked about the physical discrepancies between his team and his opponent's. "Whether we think it's fair or not doesn't affect the job we have to do. I'd have preferred a better showing until now, but we're still in it. It's good to see a spark from this team, but all we can do is win the next one and hope everything works out."

Arda has high expectations for their national team, which despite today's victory have yet to be fulfilled. One pleasant surprise, however, has manifest in the play of the team's defense. "Our back four have been fantastic," Saaduri gushed. "They've been playing with a lot of intensity and that's always good to see. If our midfield could start clicking too, we might have a real chance to salvage something out of this."

Nanwe is the Ardans' next opponent and everyone knows a draw isn't good enough. "It's good to have the pressure off, you know, just a little bit," remarked striker Miroslav Kasparkova after the game. "Now we have our first goal and our first victory and maybe we'll be able to build on that. Our defense has been playing great, but we can't rely on them too much."

Arda's defensive success has come as something of a surprise. Before the tournament, Saaduri had emphasized a doctrine that relied on strong midfield control and fluid movements upfield. These have yet to materialize, and as a result it's been Arda's defense that has kept them even in goal differential across three matches. "They looked a little better today," Saaduri answered when queried about his team's midfield and their expectations. "I really thought we should have won against Zirakul, and today it looks like my boys proved me right. If we can improve by as much for our next match as we did for this one, we should be fine."
Last edited by Melkor Unchained on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"I am the Elder King: Melkor, first and mightiest of the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will. But upon all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair."

Meddicia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meddicia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:25 am

Royal Sports Brief

The Golden Crowns won their second straight match of the Group Stage. Once again they scored 1 goal and blanked out their opponent - a tribute to David Bancer's talent along with the strong defense of the women in the Meddician ranks. Sanfira Loth and Jasmine Ullario make up the left side of the Crowns' defense and have let nothing through. Though initially thought to be overmatched against their Estnorden opposition, the ladies have proven able to take a kick and give one back also.

Unfortunately the referee's were not kind to Loth and Ullario and gave them both Yellow Cards in the second half of the match. West Smythe, head coach of the national club, substituted Loth in the 70' for Eve Guis. He later said that had he not done so, he was "pretty sure Loth would have slide tackled her way into a red card - or worse." Don't call these ladies powderpuffs.

The lone goal, second of the Group Stage for Meddicia, was scored on a header by a sprinting Chasey Valkerian. It was a terrific ball on goal and Valkerian was able to whip it past the diving Estnorden Goalkeeper, whom Meddician and other reporters think was #11 Karolin Ro.

So now the Golden Crowns sit on the outside and rest after beating the Golden Nordies. The best outcome for a first place Group A finish would be for a Robsonien Draw or Loss. A win by the Robsonien team would mean all sorts of weird Tie-Breakers would come into play which just boggle the mind for any Royalist. Let's hope Slazengara can take care of business.
Horribly Ethnocentric. So Ethnocentric we don't even use Quodite, Sarzonian or Tarrentian products.
Sporting Achievements: Baptism of Fire 40 Champions

Wilfred Test
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Wilfred Test » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:36 am

[OOC: I've been offline for a while, I'm able to post now!]

Wilfred Test in top form!
Mangolana 0 - 2 Wilfred Test

Wilfred Test are in a great position after smashing Mangolana 2-0! Manager David White has been ill recently but fought the elements to attend the match. He is happy with the performance of Luke Tunnels who scored the first goal. Luke, who was given the Captain's Armband by chance is happy to have helped the team. Sarai Potter, president, also attended the match and talked to the team before the match. She is also happy with the result.

Wilfred Test is now more likely to win the Baptism of Fire, but sports experts are not jumping to that conclusion now, they are waiting to see how the other opposition are playing, as they have not got a chance yet to see them.
The Republic of Archer's Bow
Year: 2101 AD
President: John Spencer-Quinn
Prime Minister: Peter Arnold MP

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

yes, I'm posting again

Postby Melkor Unchained » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:10 am

Althalon House Chaimberlain Oldrich Cenkova was the closest thing the Angsiyan had to a full-time assistant. He not only managed but often represented the royal house on errands. This had been his first international assignment since taking the office about a decade ago, as Arda had only recently exited isolation.

Generally he had been content to watch on matchday, which was all the Angsiyan had asked of him at first. As the pressure mounted, however, Konrad had been sure to tell Cenkova to keep close by to see how the team and staff handled it. Cenkova had a background in psychology, so the Angsiyan trusted his top-down analysis of the team, even though the man didn't know much about football.

Owing to his position in the royal house, Cenkova held a rank equivalent to Colonel in Arda's Guardis Imperica officer's corps. Coach Saaduri, for his part, still had a habit of saluting even though he was retired, which he absently does as the Chamberlain steps out of the tunnel and takes a seat near the field.

Cenkova can't make out what he's saying all that clearly, but everyone seems pretty relaxed, which is a good sign. A few of the players are standing, but no one seems tense. He jots something down on a notepad, but he looks back up when he hears a loud, three-syllable chant he can't quite make out. Saaduri directs his players down the tunnel, but approaches Cenkova. "Hello, Chamberlain." He salutes again, and Cenkova nods.

"Hello Irgen. Finishing up a practice?"

"We drill one more time before the game," Saaduri answers as he sits. "If that Edebali kid can finish a little better, he could be really good."

"What's your plan?"

"I'm probably going to field the same team that beat Mossulia. They had good chemistry out there and beat a challenging team, but we'll need more punch up front to win by three. I debated adding a third striker, but I don't think I'm going to do it. We don't need another man up front, we need the two we have and the midfield behind them to move better and make smarter passes."

"Do you think we can do it? Win by three?"

Saaduri shrugs. "I'm sure we can, in that it's probably within our capabilities-- but we should have beaten Zirakul and came close to breaking the Midlonia game open a couple times. That's football for you. We have the talent, but I can't promise anything until our movement upfield improves. It has gotten progressively better, so we're see where that takes us." Saaduri pauses. "Is the Angsiyan watching?"

"He's taping it," Cenkova announces as he tucks the notepad into his jacket. "He's still up north, but the Angsiyii has been following from Daturias."

Saaduri cracks a grin and looks to the other man. "No pressure."

Cenkova winks. "No pressure."
Last edited by Melkor Unchained on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am the Elder King: Melkor, first and mightiest of the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will. But upon all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair."

Midlonia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby Midlonia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:14 am

HuntCraft smash Zirakul defences

Hunt and Craft are beginning to form a dream team at the forefront of the Midlonian offensive actions which has now lead to Clarkson confirming that putting together small groups of similar players from national friendly clubs is evidently playing dividends. Midlonia's match against Zirakul saw the Doves continue their winning streak and storm to victory in a stunning 2-0 showdown which has now placed Midlonia at the top of the group. Both Hunt and Craft scored well with another lucky goal from "The Craft Devil" seeing it hit the top bar of the goal and bounce in. Hunt's own flowing style came into play as a feint saw the Zirakul defences baffled before a neat, tidy goal was scored from near the pentalty spot.

Danny Mays also helped with notable co-ordination of defence with Norman "Our Norm" Watts which saw the Midlonian defenses shut out the attempts by Zirakul to break through being utterly twarted by the Colonial Bruisers. Midlonian team co-ordination appears to be gaining pace now and the Doves are getting better with each subsequent game.

"Much better performances by our lads now." Says Jerry Standing, a Dove's fan with the Midlonian flag painted on his face who is grinning ear to ear. "At first it seemed like we were going to completely crash and burn after the Ardan draw and Mossulia loss, but it seems like we're going to be finishing first else second in the group which is just utterly fantastic now, seems like we can do anything."

Manager Clarkson is much more adamant: "My eyes are now on the prize of seizing total Victory here at the BoF. I know all our lads are thinking the same damn thing too." He winks. "More than ready to take on any comers now."

Craft is perhaps a little more subdued, in spite of now being the highest international goal scorer he was very relaxed when Day of the Match interviewed him. "Don't forget this took a hell of a lot of hard work to do this, so... lets not get carried away by being at the top is all I'll say."

Either way, the Doves after a dissapointing start have now stormed the group and seized the day. How the team will fare further into the competition remains to be seen...
The Greater Kingdom, resurgent.

A Consolidated History of Midlonia

Glan Seiont
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

And it was all going so well!

Postby Glan Seiont » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:07 am

Today Glan Seiont lost their 100% record by succumbing to a dismal 4-0 defeat to Mytannion, who now qualify for the next round. The game started slowly, with neither side really making decent scoring chances. For the first half an hour it was a battle for midfield, with both sides having plenty of posession in their own half, but being closed down too quickly in the opponents final third. However, this all changed when Robin Hjik won the ball near the center circle and then proceeded to dribble all the way into our penalty area, only to shoot wide. This opened up a flurry of attacking from Mytannion, fortunately all chances were wasted. With one minute of injury time remaining, the Glan Seiont defence seemed to switch off. Hjik made another daring run into our penalty area, seemingly unopposed, and easily slot the ball into the bottom corner of the goal. As you might have gathered, the manager was not happy.
All three substitutes were made at half time, though to no avail. Mytannion had two advantages: being a goal up, and being in a positive mood. It seemed the first goal killed off Glan Seiont even though it was in the first half. Before the end of the game, we had conceded another three goals and were lucky not to have conceded any more.
As bad as our performance may have been, credited must be given where it's due. Mytannion played superbly. It was an incredible display of teamwork, all players were clearly on the same wavelength, with barely a single mistake being made. Surely they must be among the favourites to win this cup.
As for our cances of winning the cup, we must first qualify. This will be decided on the next match day, when we must play Xalisco, who have an outside chance of gaining the final qualifyig place. This qualifying position is available to Xalisco, Sillar and Glan Seiont. While we play Xalisco, Sillar are on their bye, which means their fate is out of their hands. If we are to qualify, we must not lose our final game. A simple draw will suffice to qualify, though I believe we can win this last game.

Kazzoria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazzoria » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:40 am

Final cut-off for the group stage.

And to clear up anything the tables are the way they are because I lost the resume file, I am using an excel spreadsheet to calculate them.

MATCHDAY 5
Estnorden 0-3 Qlumez
Robsonien 1-1 Slazenagara
MATCHDAY 5
Saxony Silvia 5-0 Trivval
Transilveinia 0-2 Greater Cotswalds
MATCHDAY 5
Garimidia 1-2 Samos Islands
Almaniania 0-0 Saugeais
MATCHDAY 5
Sungai Pasat 2-1 Mytannion
Glan Seiont 2-0 Xalisco

Group A
Played	Won	Drawn	Lost	For	Against	GD	Points
1 Meddicia 4 2 2 0 2 0 2 8
2 Qlumez 4 1 3 0 5 2 3 6
3 Robsonien 4 1 3 0 4 3 1 6
4 Slazenagara 4 1 2 1 4 3 1 5
5 Estnorden 4 0 0 4 1 8 -7 0

Group B
1 Polythinia 4 2 1 1 4 3 1 7
2 Saxony Silvia 4 2 0 2 8 5 3 6
3 Transilveinia 4 2 0 2 5 6 -1 6
4 Trivval 4 2 0 2 3 6 -3 6
5 Greater Cotswalds 4 1 1 2 2 2 0 4

Group C
1 Saugeais 4 2 2 0 6 1 5 8
2 Windows Vista business 4 2 2 0 10 6 4 8
3 Almaniania 4 1 2 1 4 6 -2 5
4 Garimdia 4 1 0 3 6 11 -5 3
5 Samos Islands 4 1 0 3 2 8 -6 3

Group D
1 Mytannion 4 3 0 1 8 2 6 9
2 Glan Seiont 4 3 0 1 5 5 0 9
3 Sillar 4 2 0 2 4 3 1 6
4 Sungai Pusat 4 1 0 3 2 5 -3 3
5 Xalisco 4 1 0 3 2 6 -4 3

Well done to all those who have participated. Commiserations to Robsonien, Slazenagara, Estnorden, Trivval, Greater Cotswalds, and Sungai Pusat who all Rped but didn't make it. I hope this doesn't put you off RPing, because all your RP's were excellent.
Last edited by Kazzoria on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[align=center]Co-Hosted the Baptism of Fire 40 | Winner of Beach cup II | Qualified WC 56 (Quater-finals)

Mytannion
Minister

Founded: Aug 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mytannion » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:05 pm

by Vladimir Hyralov

We had a day off. A couple of nights ago, and now. It had helped us a whole lot. With the crammed schedule nearly getting ahead of us. This 'bye' game, came at the perfect time for us. Giving our boys a rest at the time they needed it. This transcends into a great thing, as our players are rested. And they came out with all guns blazing to play Glan Seiont. In a match where the players played some of the best football they ever will do. The match was one where the team controlled the whole game. Theo Wekkler's counter-attacking and passing football ideals coming to the front. As we simply passed the ball around the Glan Seiont team. It was the perfect game, the scoreline reflecting just how well the players actually played.

The scoreline, was 4-0. A huge score for the Baptism of Fire. We should now qualify from the group stage, with such a strong win. But we will explain that later. The first goal that our team scored was again, from Radoslaw Famoc. Who seems to at the moment have a superb scoring record for his national side, but not so much for the Mytanar Prima Lega team, Port Jarko Rebels. He simply can't recreate the football he is playing for his country. This goal was particularly special, however. He dribbled past two defenders, then turned another. When he cracked the ball against the under-side of the bar and over the line. There was protests from the Glan Seiont players, but the goal stood. Later video replays show that the goal was in fact, not over the line. But it didn't matter and the goal stood. The second goal, came from a corner. Just before half-time. It was obvious that our players had trained for this exact situation. As the corner was well-worked, and so obviously rehearsed. That it almost looked like time stopped for our boys, but not for the opposition. Anyway, Laze v Tuhinju crossed it in. And Joep Bang met it at the near post, flicking it across the face of the goal. Where Famoc stood, to just tap the ball into the back of the net.

After half-time, three subsitutions were made. The most important player to come on, was Imre Ulsson. Who promptly came on, ran past three defenders with the ball. And curled the ball into the bottom corner of the net. The goalkeeper just stood, unmoving. Ulsson, ran the length of the pitch. To the travelling Mytanar fans, who were going wild in the stand. A flare was lit up on the seventy-eighth minute, well - it was lit up earlier. But it was thrown onto the pitch by one of our fans in that minute. It meant that a lot of time was consumed by this being put out, and removed from behind the goal. Promptly after this, police moved into the stand that our fans were in, surrounding them. They were stopped getting out until thirty minutes after the game. But back to the match, seven minutes of added time, were added by the fourth official. And in the last minute of them, the ball was crossed into the box. From about half-way into the Glan Seiont half. Which was an extremely early cross, but it paid off. As Radoslaw Famoc chested it down to his feet. And then lashed it into the back of the net. Winning the game for our team, and scoring his first international hattrick.

He took off his shirt, and then whirled it around his head. Running to the corner flag, and sliding on his knees. The referee told him to get back to the half-way line, and booked him. He went back, and the game re-started. Only to have the whistle blown straight away, meaning that the game was over. And our biggest international win (even though we've only played three games...but no one will mention that, will you?), with the four-nil scoreline. This left us top of our group, with nine points. This leaves us three points ahead of our nearest rivals, Sillar and Glan Seiont. We also had a game in hand over Sillar. Meaning we could gain an even bigger lead.

We then played Sungai Pusat, in a tight game, where they just edged us out in a 2-1 win. Joep Bang, scored our goal. With a low shot, that went under the goalkeepers body. Glan Seiont won their game, so are level on points with us. But we qualify as group leaders anyway. With a far superior goal difference. As we gave them a drubbing.
The Third Republic of Mytannion
Capital: Esca - Population: 43,500,000 - Demonym: Mytanar

Sporting Achievements:
Football: Copa Rushmori XVII, CoH 56 & 59 Champions. Qualified for WC 55, 58, 60, 61, 63, 66; Round of 16: WC 56, 57, 62, 65. Quarter Finals: WC 68.
Lacrosse: WLC IX & XVII Champions!

Windows Vista Business
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Windows Vista Business » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:28 pm

Windows Vista will play with Mytannion!
Let's hear what our coach Johnny Manley .jpg have to say!
We play with Mytannion?! We are screwed! We cant beat them! Maybe we could but if we do a one mistake they tear us appart! I cant believe that we will play agaisnt Mytannion! I we work hard enogth we can beat team! We will need lost traninng to beat Mytannion. Anyway I think we have chance of being forth We could still beacome first but I dont think we can beat other teams it was kinda of sturrgle to get here! I wonder will we win or lose...

And lets hear what our players have to say!

Raymond Elsdon .wav:
We need to lots of trainning they have changed since last time! It will so thoght to get thoght their defense! We sholdnt give up now We still have a chance to win.

Zackery Everette .mov:
They lost before why its a such deal? We can beat them easily! I cant wait for the match and see their faces when they lose!

Post your guess of the BoF 40 matches at
thewindoze@football.com

Watch the highlights at
http://www.thewindows.co.win/bof_40
Economic Left/Right: 4.50 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.97

Free Swiss States
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Swiss States » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:30 pm

Interview with Jonah Nizzy

Hey, Jonah. Glad to see you could make it.
No problem. Anytime.

So, how's the team doing? No crippling last minute injuries? Everything smooth?
We're great, the team's doing well, and we're all excited for our last group stage game.

So, I saw the news yesterday. How -
Did you like that? Did you like that score?

Oh yeah I liked it. I was busy trying to finish a report while my entire apartment was filled with cheering people glued to the TV. How did you do it?
This was a really high stakes event. We know that either we were advancing or Amelsberg was advancing. I told the team we had to win, and we didn't just win. We DOMINATED.

I'm embarrassed to say, but I didn't have time to review the game. Could you explain how we were able to do so well?
We were fast. We were god damn fast. I've never seen Nurbendine move so fast in my entire life. You probably don't know this, but he scored two goals in the 20th minute, right after another. Our defense got the ball, and both times, he was just waiting and ready.

There were three goals, though? When did the -
Ha, well after the first two, the other team was pretty enraged. So I told the team "Hold back, play D, frustrate them." We held 'em off till half time, and after then in the second half, right as the game began, d'Ramos came up with an excellent run and hammered it through their goalie's hands. Forty minutes later...

3-0. Awesome, man, awesome. You guys have another game today right?
Yeah. To be honest, I've been kinda harsh. I didn't let the team celebrate at all yesterday, I had them working their butts off for this final game. We're new at this, and we probably won't get to far in elimination stage, but if we can win the group stage...

We'll make one hell of a good impression.
Yep. Damn straight.

Meddicia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Meddicia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Royal Sports Brief

With a chance to recuperate because of the free matchday, the Golden Crowns did some light drills and low-impacting lifting in the weight room. They started earlier enough to have a chance and watch the Group A matches as a squad. Well, they watched one match.

The Robsonien v. Slazengara match was a nail biter, but the Meddicians saw their grip on first place in Group A solidified with the Draw in the R-n-S match. David Bancer, star goalkeeper, was upbeat after the match. "This is what we were hoping for! A steak dinner for me and my girls!" Bancer then wrapped his arms around his two starting defenders, Serafina Loth and Jasmine Ullario - who shared in the celebration by kissing him on his cheeks.

Such exuberant displays of celebration could be seen as over the top, but for the Meddicians, coming in only their second international event as an independent nation, it can be excused. Ghero Teggera, Manager for the nation's team, was happy for his team. Underneath everything though, "we have to be somewhat upset with our lack of goal scoring." He continued that if it wasn't for Bancer's terrific play "we'd be in the muck and mire of 4th or 5th place."

Tune in to SportsNetworX for the excitement playoffs of the 40th Baptism of Fire!
Horribly Ethnocentric. So Ethnocentric we don't even use Quodite, Sarzonian or Tarrentian products.

Slazenagara
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slazenagara » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:25 pm

St Kovy Square, Ruslov
The Streets were quiet, it seemed like a ghost town. There was a huge T.V Playing the Slazenagara vs Robsonian match and no one was there. Slazenagara was embaressed because of this world cup, 4th place in their group with 1 win, 2 draws and 1 loss. Shame and disgrace was brought upon the nation. Slazenagara's Wild Dog's Football team would be returning home very shortly but there were fears that brutal attacks may occur after the tournament. Emperor Viktor Yanukovych gave a speech on Slazenagarian television earlier today.

Viktor Yanukovych Gives speech at Slazenagarian Football Federation.

"Comrades, today we face not qualifying after a draw with Robsonian, we have been disgraced and dishonoured by the Slazenagarian Football Team and when they arrive back they will be reformed! A new lineup, stricter training, a new coach and higher standards. Never again will we not qualify we will have glory for Slazenagara!"
Last edited by Slazenagara on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kingdom of Slazenagara
| Judea l Embassy l

DEFCON: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Current Leader: King Christian IX

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:29 pm

MATCHDAY FIVE

Group E
D Land and Isles 0-2 Aniporo
Diol 1-0 A Rebel Alliance

Ps Team                  P  W D L For Ag +/- Pts
1 Aniporo 4 4 0 0 6 1 +5 12
2 North Breifne 4 1 2 1 2 2 +0 5

3 A Rebel Alliance 4 1 1 2 1 2 -1 4
4 D Land and Isles 4 1 0 3 3 5 -2 3
5 Diol 3 1 1 2 4 6 -2 4

Group F
Jepstonia 1-1 Amelsberg
Free Swiss States 2-2 Ganjapolis

Ps Team                   P W D L For Ag +/- Pts
1 Free Swiss States 4 2 2 0 7 3 +4 8
2 Ganjapolis 4 2 1 1 5 4 +1 7

3 Jepstonia 4 1 2 1 5 4 +1 5
4 Amelsberg 4 1 2 1 4 6 -2 5
5 Waterlords 4 0 1 3 2 6 -4 1

Group G
Zirakul 2-1 Mossulia
Arda 4-0 Nanwe

Ps Team          P  W D L For Ag +/- Pts
1 Arda 4 2 1 1 5 1 +4 7
2 Midlonia 4 2 1 1 4 2 +2 7

3 Zirakul 4 2 1 1 4 4 +0 7
4 Mossulia 4 2 0 2 5 4 +1 6
5 Nanwe 3 0 1 2 1 4 -3 1

Group H
Wilfred Test 4-1 Total n Utter Inanity
Dutch Africa 2-3 The Krieg Empire

Ps Team                       P  W D  L For Ag +/- Pts
1 Wilfred Test 4 3 0 1 8 3 +5 9
2 The Krieg Empire 4 3 0 1 7 4 +3 9

3 Mangolana 4 3 0 1 6 5 +1 9
4 Total n Utter Inanity 4 1 0 3 3 8 -5 3
5 Dutch Africa 3 0 0 3 4 8 -4 0

Commiserations to all those who RPed but were eliminated at this stage (Zirakul, Mossulia, Nanwe, Mangolana); special mention to Group G, where all five teams posted a roster and/or RPed. Shame we had to eliminate three of you, really...

And now, knockouts!

KAZZORIA
KZ1: Meddicia v Saxony Silvia (St John's Arena)
KZ2: Saugeais v Glan Seiont (Elderberry Road)
KZ3: Polythinia v Qlumez (Southdowns)
KZ4: Mytannion v Windows Vista Business (Coastal Stadia)

KRYTENIA
KT1: Aniporo v Free Swiss States (Lay's Road Ground)
KT2: Arda v Wilfred Test (Manor Fields)
KT3: Ganjapolis v North Briefne (Brecklands)
KT4: The Krieg Empire v Midlonia (Orange Street)
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Qlumez
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Qlumez » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:59 pm

The way it should be
Young stars make the show, as Qlumez achieves their first international victory

Football supporters in Qlumez are finally brimming with pride, as Qlumez beat Estnorden 3-0 in a fine display of the Qlumezian style. The victory sent them ahead of Robsonien on goal difference and granted them a place in the knockout rounds.

Maybe it was the changes, maybe it was the increased confidence of the team, but the fact is, what we saw in this match was light-years from the previous ones. The team entered the field with a different lineup from the previous games. Fan-favorite Cahbul started the game in place of Tuqeuci, while Lubelam and Licuzsecwi were in the middle, replacing Vezqalni Mezpu and Azuci. And it was from the former that the first chances came up; a header in the first minute, which hit the post, and a one-two down the left flank that ended with him shooting straight at the Estnorden goalkeeper from near the back line.
That was just the prelude of things to come; Qlumez was hungry, passing the ball and looking for more striking opportunities. Yet, what really broke the tie was a familiar sight; Yuyù breaking down the right flank in one of his trademark glides. After leaving two defenders in the dust, he set up - yet again - Cahbul, who trapped the ball, pivoted and sent it to the far post. 1-0. It was the youngster's first goal as a Qlumez international, in the nation's first international championship. What a way to start a career.
Lubelam's speed gave a biting edge that was missing from the Qlumezian counterattack. That showed in the second goal, which started all the way from the back line. Zòrei passed to Lubelam, who ran down the middle and rolled it to Licuzsecwi, who sent a long ball to Cahbul behind the Estnorden defence, who beat the goalkeeper and made it a brace. 2-0.
The third goal was a thing of beauty, the closure to the show. Cahbul receives the ball, weaves and passes to Vucmi (replacing Licuzsecwi) at the right. The 19-year-old chips a look-over-there pass to Yuyù, and the playmaker volleys it home. 3-0.

Only time will tell, but one thing is clear - this match restored the confidence in the national team. "As long as they keep playing the Qlumez way, nothing will be impossible", says a supporter. "To the championship!"

The Qlumez motto in Katothwa Re
Veegahn kahmikuhn yahshemahlah lucs. Veegahn dahkaht votahnto.

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Melkor Unchained » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Arda Advances in Dramatic Fashion

A few short days ago, advancement out of the group stage in the Baptism of Fire seemed like a pipe dream. Strong play from Midlonia and Mossulia had them solidly atop the group, and Arda's offensive game had yet to materialize.

Neither of those things are true anymore.

Arda obliterated Nanwe today 4-0 to advance to the knockout stage as the winner of Group G. Midlonia and Zirakul also finished with seven points, but the margin of the Nanwe victory put the Ardans over the top to win the tiebreaker. Arda got goals from Miroslav Kasparkova (21'), Wilhelm Brun (38' and 62'), and Max Von Kroy (55').

"We played a great game from top to bottom, that's all there is to it," commented coach Irgen Saaduri after the match. "They had some good chances early, but our defense really stood up and stayed up all game. One of their midfielders had a great chance in like the seventh minute that went just wide. I think that woke us up."

Wake up they did. Arda notched two tallies 17 minutes apart to put Nanwe all but out of the game. Zacarie Silano nearly pulled them within one in extra time before the half, but the Ardans were not to be undone.

"I thought their midfield was pretty good, actually," remarked standout midfielder Wilhelm Brun in praise of his foe. "They threaded some pretty nice passes through our coverage a few times, caused some headaches especially in the center of the field. I was marked pretty well most of the time, but Max's goal was huge. We all knew it was the one we needed to advance for certain, but I think even after that we wanted more." Brun finishes group play with an impressive three goals, and also assisted on striker Miroslav Kasparkova's goal to open scoring.

Next is the knockout stage, where Arda plays Group H winner Wilfred Test at Krytenia's Manor Fields arena. Group H ended similarly to Arda's own Group G, with three finishers with the same point total, the top two thus advancing on tiebreakers. "It was like ours with a few more goals piled on, mostly in favor of the top two finishers," explained Saaduri. "Their games had more goals almost across the board compared to our group. I suspect our group was more competitive, but we'll study the games and figure it out."
Last edited by Melkor Unchained on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Midlonia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2003
Ex-Nation

Postby Midlonia » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:53 am

Midlonia through, Day of the Match...

Tensions are slowly rising now that Midlonia has shifted into the knock out stages of the BoF. Having gained a pair of victories putting them at the top of the group with Arda just managing to take the lead positon on goal differences. However, this has placed the Ardans against the powerful team of Wilfred Test, who have more going for them with 3 victories to just 1 loss to their names in the BoF so far.

Midlonia's side is to remain unchanged in the face of their match against The Krieg Empire, Group H's runner ups. Clarkson is confident but as ever Craft remains more subdued, Hunt himself is wisely following Craft's example, and fully intends to do his best as evidenced by the strict training the players are going through near to Orange Street. Clarkson and The Major are running their men hard, following and refining tactics that have evolved out of the matches so far played, the brutality of Hunt and Craft's striking abilities, and the solid defences put up by the Colonial Bruisers and "Our Norm". Mays himself is helping the forward parts of the mid-field to better feed the ball forward to the strikers who are practising their goal kicking abilities.

Midlonia facing The Krieg Empire will be it's most intense match yet and so the Top Secret Midlonic Drum Corps has been spruced up with a new uniform donated by the Bass Brewing company based in Burton-On-Dream. The uniform bears a small logo of the company on it and the TSMDC is more than happy for the sponsorship which sees equipment costing covered by the company.
The Greater Kingdom, resurgent.

A Consolidated History of Midlonia

Aniporo
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aniporo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:33 am

The Daily Moo

Undefeated Aniporo moves on to face Free Swiss States

The Aniporon national team's strong showing at the Baptism of Fire continues as they defeated D Land and Isles 2-0 to win Group E and remain undefeated. Goals by Jonah Faust and substitute Bernardo Ramos in the 37th and 54th minute, respectively, helped Aniporo move into their current situation: a Round of 16 game versus the Free Swiss States. The Free Swiss States are the winners of Group G, having edged out Ganjapolis by a point. However, Manager Maxi Von Stubbs and Assisstant manager Laurence Sanchez both know that no matter the difference in record, any team can beat anyone on any given day. Manager Von Stubbs told reporters, "A group winner is a winner, no matter how they win it. The Free Swiss States are a very talented team and we know that from this round on is when we'll have to play our best. Our team is definitely good enough to win this tournament and are going to start to prove it with a win against them[Free Swiss States]." We'll just have to wait and see as Aniporo plays the Free Swiss States at Lay's Road Ground in Krytenia.

Meddicia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Meddicia » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:08 pm

Royal Sports Brief

The draws for the Kazzorian Knockout Stage were announced after the conclusion of Krytenian Group play. The Golden Crowns were afforded the first Knockout Game slot. Of course this is becuase of the team's terrific defensive play which has earned to praise around the globe, especially for goalkeeper David Bancer's scoreless match streak (4 Matches).

The Meddicians face off against the runner-up in Group B: Saxony Silvia at St. John's Arena in Kazzoria. With the Queen herself supposedly making an appearance at the match, expect the Royalists to be at the top of their game against their opponent. This is truly a proud day to be a Meddician.

Through the strife of annexation to hated Tarrentum; through the dismal years of occupation by Tarrentum; through the dark days of the War of Re-Independence - the nation has waited for something to believe in. First it was the restoration of the Medici Dynasty. Now, it will be the success of their beloved football team.

Join your fellow countrymen at the local sports bar or royal tavern for a pint and sit back and watch the excitement!

Kazzoria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazzoria » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:24 pm

RP cut-off

Regional Quarter-Finals
Meddicia 2-1 Saxony Silvia
Saugeais 1-2 Glan Seiont
Polythinia 3-1 Qlumez
Windows Vista Business 2-0 Mytannion

Regional semi-finals match-ups
Meddicia Vs. Glan Seiont
Polythinia Vs. Windows Vista Business
Last edited by Kazzoria on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Co-Hosted the Baptism of Fire 40 | Winner of Beach cup II | Qualified WC 56 (Quater-finals)

Windows Vista Business
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Windows Vista Business » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:51 pm

Windows Vista wins the match against Mytannion!
Let's hear what our coach Johnny Manley .jpg have to say!
We won it! WE WON IT! Now I'm starting think that we can be come 4Th! as Elsdon said we shouldn't overestimate or underestimate. Our next match is against Polythinia I think we can beat them But we should still work hard to win the match! Anyway I wonder what will happen..

And lets hear what our players have to say!

Raymond Elsdon .wav:
It was easier then we thought! I thought they were going to slaughter us but We won it. We shouldn't overestimate or underestimate

Zackery Everette .mov:
Just as expect we won it! I knew they were going to lose it! I knew it!

Post your guess of the BoF 40 matches at
thewindoze@football.com

Watch the highlights at
http://www.thewindows.co.win/bof_40
Economic Left/Right: 4.50 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.97

Free Swiss States
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Swiss States » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:44 pm

This transcript was taped yesterday, during the coach's talk to the team.

NIZZY: I'm so proud of you guys. We've just won the group stage. I swear, they're cheering so loud back home that if you just listen closely you can hear them.

MORGENBURG: Aah, shut it, coach. We couldina got anywhere without you.

D'RAMOS: Heh. I loved this. Let's go again next year.

JONAH: Don't start with that talk, Ramos. It isn't over yet.

NURBENDINE: We're already heroes, right? I mean-

NIZZY: Now I want you all to get a good rest today. You've done good, real good. Better than I ever expected. But we're still in the tournament.

CARLET: But coach, these guys are good. They're undefeated so far. 12 points. No losses.

NIZZY: Look-

D'RAMOS: Carlet! You're talking as if we've already lost.

CARLET: But we have, haven't we? The best that we can hope for is-

NIZZY: Shut it! Look, we'll got out on that field tomorrow, and we'll play our best. Maybe we've reached our peak, but if we have, that's okay by me! We've set a great standard for our next competition. But I don't want to lose before we've even played them. Let's give the guys back home one more great game, eh?

D'RAMOS: Eh. I like it.

NIZZY: Go and get a good sleep. Trust me, you're going to need it.
Last edited by Free Swiss States on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:01 pm

KRYTENIAN REGIONAL QUARTER-FINALS (Overall Round of Sixteen)

KT1: Aniporo 0-3 Free Swiss States (Lay's Road Ground)
KT2: Arda 1-0 Wilfred Test (Manor Fields)
KT3: Ganjapolis 0-1 North Briefne (Brecklands)
KT4: The Krieg Empire 0-1 Midlonia (Orange Street)

KRYTENIAN REGIONAL SEMI-FINALS (Overall Quarter-Finals)
KT5: Free Swiss States v Arda (Bell Moor)
KT6: North Briefne v Midlonia (Abbey Road)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports