NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 12 Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Secristan
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 09, 2008
Ex-Nation

World Baseball Classic 12 Everything Thread

Postby Secristan » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:23 pm

Welcome to World Baseball Classic 12, everyone! Thank you for your interest in participating in this event. I thank those of you who voted for my bid and assure those that voted for the other bid that things will be in good hands. Right now, we have 37 participants. However, this reduces to 36 because Wikipedia Again 2 was permabanned from the forums viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6628&p=239939#p235216 viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6628&p=239939#p238513 through one of his puppets.

Group A:
Cassadaigua (9)
Delaclava (NR)
Peso Grande (NR)
Secristan (5)
Vephrall (17)
Warner Channel (NR)

Group B:
Albundania (NR)
Dancougar (16)
Newmanistan (1)
Oreington Canada (NR)
Sarzonia (7)
Vlasi (NR)

Group C:
Bluth Corporation (18)
Bostopia (NR)
O5vx (NR)
The Babbage Islands (NR)
Yafor 2 (11)
Zwangzug (3)

Group D:
Chesstaland (NR)
Fyendor (NR)
Liventia (8)
Qazox (4)
Quakmybush (NR)
Quintessence of Dust (19)

Group E:
Barnettsville (NR)
Milchama (10)
Palmouth (NR)
Pokemonman (NR)
Taeshan (6)
Tree Hugging Lesbians (26)

Group F:
Central Prestonia (NR)
Iglesian Archipelago (NR)
Lovisa (13)
Steroga (14)
Tocrowkia (2)
Uiri (NR)

Stadium Info
The Official Group Draw Announcement

The official schedule is sponsored by the Secristan Department of Tourism:

MD1- July 16- 1 at 4, 3 at 2, 6 at 5
MD2- July 17- 5 at 4, 1 at 2, 6 at 3
MD3- July 18- 4 at 6, 1 at 3, 2 at 5
MD4- July 19- 3 at 4, 2 at 6, 5 at 1
MD5- July 20- 4 at 2, 6 at 1, 3 at 5
MD6- July 21- 4 at 1, 2 at 3, 5 at 6
MD7- July 22- 4 at 5, 2 at 1, 3 at 6
MD8- July 23- 6 at 4, 3 at 1, 5 at 2
MD9- July 24- 4 at 3, 6 at 2, 1 at 5
MD10- July 25- 2 at 4, 1 at 6, 5 at 3

Playoffs:
Round of 16 G1- July 27
R16 G2- July 28
R16 G3- July 29
Quarterfinal G1- July 30
QFL G2- July 31
QFL G3- Aug. 1

Semis G1- Aug. 3
Semis G2- Aug. 4
Semis G3- Aug. 5

Final & 3rdP G1- Aug. 7
Final & 3rdP G2- Aug. 8
Final & 3rdP G3- Aug. 9
Final G4- Aug. 10
Final G5- Aug. 11

The format will be six groups of six. The top two teams in each group make the playoffs with no exceptions.

Afterwards, the teams with the next overall best four records will also make the playoffs.

Each playoff round will be a best-of-three except for the final which will be a best of five. All playoff games are in Secristan.

During the group stage, you will play the opponents in your group once in your ballpark and once in theirs. This will lead to a total of ten games played during this stage. Tiebreakers are head-to-head, run differential amongst tied teams, runs for amongst tied teams, run differential overall, runs for overall, runs per 9 innings, tiebreaker game.

You may now present your rosters. In doing so please:

Declare whether or not the DH will be used in your home park.
A RP Permissions box:
Provide a RP permissions box that looks a little something like this:

Choose my runscorers: Y/N
Choose my lineup: Y/N
Follow my Pitching Rotation: Y/N
Godmod scoring events: Y/N
RP injuries to my players: Y/N
Godmod injuries to my players: Y/N
Eject my players: Y/N
Godmod other events:Y/N

The official Group Draw will take place at about 5PM eastern time in the US. This equates to 2200 UTC on Tuesday, July 14th.
Last edited by Secristan on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
WINNER of the 1st International Basketball Championships, 7th Di Bradini Cup, & the 4th World Lacrosse Championships!
RUNNERUP in Baptism of Fire 30 and World Baseball Classic 10.
HOST of World Bowl 6, International Basketball Championships 6, and Baptism of Iron 6. (Hosting a 6th version of something? Call us.) Also, World Baseball Classic 12 and World Lacrosse Championships 3.
Qualified for World Cups 49-52.

All arrogant, stuck-up, conceded or whatever comments I make in roleplay are always in-character and should not be interpreted as also being the out-of-character attitude of the person controlling the nation. My nation is my attempt to mock people I have to deal with often at work.

Secristan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Re: World Baseball Classic 12 Everything Thread

Postby Secristan » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:23 pm

Stadium information.

Monopoly Stadium- The largest and most modern stadium in the country, with capacity over 80,000. It is in Amherst, which is in Southwest Secristan and is the capital of the country. Other then all kinds of governmental buildings, there are also many prestigious universities. Urban Amherst is like any other city, but only millionaires and multi-millionaires can afford to live in the suburbs.
Dimensions: LF: 362, LCF: 386, CF: 409, RCF: 391, RF: 358

Stadium will host: Group Stage Game vs. Vephrall 1st Rd: 1v 16 series; 2nd round 4-13 vs 5-12 series; “Bottom Half” Semifinal. (6-11, 3-14, 7-10, 2-15 bracket); Championship series.

Loophole Life Insurance Stadium- In Lakeland, which is in the northeast part of the nation. The stadium has a capacity of about 65,000, but the stadium owners do the absolute minimum work in regards to stadium maintenance. If there were not a bidding process to select our home stadiums, it would never have been chosen.
Dimensions: LF: 372, LCF: 391, CF: 399, RCF: 391, RF: 372
Stadium will host: Group Stage Game vs. Cassadaigua; 1st Rd 4 v 13 series; 2nd Rd: 2-15 v 7-10 series; “Top Half Semifinal” (1-16, 8-9, 5-12, 4-13 bracket)

Megabyte Industries Stadium- Located on the shores of the Penthoria River in Western Secristan, the 63,000-seat stadium has the best backdrop of all of our stadiums. East Penthoria is known for some nice beachfront property, and only the upper class can afford to live here. You can see the skyline of Newmanistan’s Dover City in the background.
Dimensions: LF: 344, LCF: 362, CF: 389, RCF: 374, RF: 353
Stadium will host: Group Stage Game vs. Warner Channel; 1st Round: 2 v 15 series; 2nd Round: 1-16 v 8-9 series.

Key South Field- Might sound like some kind of resort area, but it really isn’t. It’s in South Central Secristan, and is one of the more affordable places to live in the country. The Stadium is large, seating 74,000, but the sightlines aren’t necessarily the greatest. Not really designed to be a wonderful baseball stadium (more for football), but they bid enough money to be here so, we’ll deal. Difficult stadium to hit one out of.
Dimensions: LF: 395, LCF: 415, CF: 427, RCF: 413, RF: 391
Stadium will host: Group Stage Game vs. Delaclava; 1st Rd: 6 v 11 series; 3rd Place series.

PVT Dome- The 42,000-seat dome (retractable roof) is a complete contrast to Key South Field in that it was built exclusively for baseball and lacrosse. Located in the central portion of the nation, in the city of Ocala. It is sponsored by Penthoria Valley Tecnhologies.
Dimensions: LF: 312 (however has a 17-foot wall), LCF: 326 (still with the big wall), CF: 378, RCF: 352, RF: 342
Stadium will host: 1st Rd: 7 vs 10, 8 vs 9 series; 2nd Rd: 3-14 vs 6-11 series

The Sub King Stadium- Sponsored by the countries top maker of high quality sandwiches, the only downfall to this stadium is that it is one of the countries small cities (Lockport). It is in the southeastern portion of the nation and is a cozy 48,000-seater.
Dimensions: LF: 330, LCF: 348, CF: 375, RCF: 348, RF: 330
Stadium will host: Group Stage Game vs. Peso Grande; 1st Rd: 5 vs 12 and 3 vs 14 series.
Last edited by Secristan on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
WINNER of the 1st International Basketball Championships, 7th Di Bradini Cup, & the 4th World Lacrosse Championships!
HOST of World Bowl 6, International Basketball Championships 6, and Baptism of Iron 6. (Hosting a 6th version of something? Call us.) Also, World Baseball Classic 12 and World Lacrosse Championships 3.

All arrogant, stuck-up, conceded or whatever comments I make in roleplay are always in-character and should not be interpreted as also being the out-of-character attitude of the person controlling the nation. My nation is my attempt to mock people I have to deal with often at work.

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:00 am

The Babbage Islands
Roster for World Baseball Classic 12

Roleplay Information:

DH in our home park: Yes
Choose my runscorers: Yes
Choose my lineup: No, I have provided a default lineup.
Follow my Pitching Rotation: Yes. Special note: Janice Young catches when Flip Brown starts; knuckleballers need TLC.
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes, only for injuries that might remove the player for one game or less.
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Eject my players: Yes, in baseball it makes for good RP.
Godmod other events: No.

No Pitchers          B/T  Ht    Wt   Age  Team
17 Ray Barnes R/R 6-1 195 30 Charleston Cosmonauts
10 Walt Bradford R/R 6-0 160 26 Santa Catalina Sailors
14 Flip Brown R/R 5-11 220 32 Bloomfield Bards
13 Cameron Ferguson L/L 6-2 235 31 Tardis Visionaries
18 Allan Filler R/R 6-3 210 26 Armagh Brawlers
11 Dave Fulton R/R 6-3 210 25 Armagh Brawlers
16 Bill Kimball L/L 6-0 170 27 Great Falls Mavericks
19 Jared Michaels R/R 6-4 180 27 Gernsback Power Towers
1 Parker Thompson L/L 6-4 220 24 Gernsback Power Towers
12 Don Tyler R/R 6-5 225 26 Moundsville Scouts
15 Scott Woolley R/R 6-5 200 22 Tardis Visionaries

Catchers B/T Ht Wt Age Team
2 Jack Aldridge R/R 6-1 225 31 Santa Catalina Sailors
25 Janice Young R/R 5-6 160 23 Bloomfield Bards

Infielders B/T Ht Wt Age Team
22 James Baker R/R 5-10 195 34 West Scoville Gunners
3 Aaron Ford B/L 6-3 200 27 Gernsback Power Towers
4 Thomas Leonard R/R 6-0 180 32 Great Falls Mavericks
24 Liam McKay R/R 6-1 205 26 Virginia City Tinkers
5 Wayne Richards R/R 5-11 190 32 Nephi Deacons
6 Tori Simpson B/R 5-5 130 19 Cardston Technologists

Outfielders B/T Ht Wt Age Team
8 Jason Andrews L/R 6-4 190 29 Bloomfield Bards
9 Harold Gillespie R/R 6-0 185 28 West Scoville Gunners
20 Elwood Julian L/R 6-2 195 27 Gernsback Power Towers
7 Frank Moore R/R 6-0 215 35 West Scoville Gunners
21 Julie Williams L/R 6-1 170 26 Virginia City Tinkers

Designated Hitter B/T Ht Wt Age Team
23 Vincent Smith R/R 6-2 220 32 Armagh Brawlers

Starting Lineup:

Rookie of the Year shortstop Tori Simpson, 19, was the league leader in walks and fielding and was third in steals and on-base percentage.
Thomas Leonard, second baseman, is a miraculous fielder and a first-rate bunter who led the league in both sacrifices and bunt singles.
Two-time batting champion Wayne Richards holds down the hot corner.
Frank Moore, left fielder, has led the league in home runs for three straight years.
Vincent Smith is the only designated hitter to be named Most Valuable Player. He led the league in RBI and slugging, and was third in home runs and fourth in batting average.
Switch-hitting first baseman Aaron Ford hits cleanup for the league champions.
Centerfielder Jason Andrews led the league in triples and outfield assists; he is fast with an exceptional arm.
Team captain Harold Gillespie is a staple of the highlight reels in right field, known for an all-out style of play.
Jack Aldridge is the prototypical defensive catcher and a rock solid game-caller.
If we are on the road and no DH is used, drop Vincent Smith, use the others in the order listed, and the pitcher bats ninth.

Pitching Rotation:

Parker Thompson is a flamethrowing lefthander who led the league in both strikeouts and ERA.
Don Tyler is a control pitcher who owns the only perfect game in league history.
Flip Brown is a veteran knuckleballer.
Bill Kimball is a bona fide four-pitch lefty; he and Tyler shared the league lead for wins.
Scott Woolley is known for an almost unhittable slider, but has more control issues than Thompson.

The closer, Jared Michaels, is the league leader in saves and has a 102-mph fastball.
Last edited by The Babbage Islands on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:59 am

OFFICIAL NEWMANISTAN WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC 12 ROSTER

We kept bringing them back and back. Given our record of one championship victory, three championship losses, and one third place win in the five WBC’s we have been in (a podium finish in all), we would be stupid not to keep bringing them back. But alas, age is starting to catch up to them now and thus we end up with several changes. Additionally for many key players, this is likely to be their final WBC.

By the way, Newmanistan baseball has a wiki! Check it out: http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=N ... n_Baseball

Choose my lineup: No, as my lineup is posted here. Follow that!
Follow my Pitching Rotation: My starting pitcher for the next game will always be announced in my RP from the previous game.
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but only to the extent of saying so and so was injured. I’ll determine the severity
Eject my players: Yes on a basis of no more then one more then you eject from your own team.
Godmod other events: No, except for weather. That you can.

Additional Information that is very important to me: Newmanistan does not prescribe to the modern day concept of pitch counts determining how long a starting pitcher is kept in for. In fact, pitch counts are not even kept track of outside of curiosity sake. Such count is not displayed on the scoreboard, so if you want to track it for your pitcher, you must do it manually. If Newmanistan has given up 3 runs or less, then the starting pitcher has gone all nine innings. No ifs, ands, or buts. This is true even if it would have been a save situation.
– Another Newmanistan trait is aggressive base stealing. Think back to the days of Vince Coleman and Ricky Henderson in their primes.

Head Coach- Christina Sanders (Southport)
Hitting Coach- Allyson Payne (North Charlotte)
Pitching Coach- Carrie Lynsder (Hampton)

Home Stadium for all Group Stage games will be the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds. The DH is NOT used.

Rotation: (pitchers bat with the same hand the pitch with)
1) Stacey Keisler (LHP- Southport)- The 32-year old veteran has been the most successful starting pitcher, statistically for the Rockets in the all World Baseball Classics that the Empire has participated in. However with the international retirement of Tara Stewart, this will be the first time that Stacey will be our #1 pitcher. She is a power pitcher and comes right after the hitter, afraid to challenge no one. Keisler is also known for being the most attractive player on the team and has used her success to also be a marketers dream. Tossed a perfect game against Lurikastan in WBC10. Has particularly amazing success against Qazox and Taeshan.

2) Courtney Lombardi (RHP- Pocono City- The 29 year old’s fastball can hit the high 90’s and she also mixes in an assortment of breaking pitches, including a fantastic slider. Courtney also pitches in a new spot this time, moving up from #3 to #2 in the rotation with the retirement of Stewart. Courtney is also a pretty good hitter for a pitcher, with a career BA of .277.

3) Kristen Haynes (RHP- South Charlotte)- Due to her petite stature, Kristen does not look like she would be an overpowering pitcher. On the contrary. The 31 year old won the league’s Curtis Award (equivalent of the Cy Young) twice. Kristen’s fastball is in the low 90's, but its her ability to mix up speeds that makes her real effective. That, and her devastating splitter. She has a career 1.91 ERA. She has appeared in all WBC’s the Rockets have been in also, and has been 3rd previously, but has generally been the #4 starter.

4) Sarah Brayton (LHP- Putnam Lake)- At 27, Sarah is in her fourth World Baseball Classic. Brayton will come at you with a wide variety of pitches, but her wicked 12-6 curve seems to be her favorite. Also moves up a notch in the rotation.

5) Michelle Harrison (RHP- Centralia)- The 22-year old makes her national team debut and could be a long term fixture on this team. Her money pitch is her slider, but she can also bring the heat and also has a great curve. She’s wise beyond her years, and pitching in the #5 slot this year will benefit her in the long term. You’ll be seeing more of her.

Bullpen: (Smaller then most because of the nation’s reliance on starters)
Lauren Tippett (LHP- North Charlotte)- The 30 year old will generally be used in situations where the Rockets need to pull one of their starters early, and then Tippett will go several innings. She is mainly a sinker/slider type pitcher, and is actually a starter herself at the club level.

Sara Schaefer (RHP- South Tier)- A 21-year old making her debut on the national team, Sara is a versatile reliever that be used in any situation. She can pitch in long relief or be used to get one or two outs. Coach Sanders has a lot of confidence in her.

Jessica Vauclair (RHP- Tundra Falls) - The 35 year old features everyone’s favorite pitch, the knuckleball. She will mainly be used after Keisler and Lombardi, to make batters have to adjust to a knuckler after facing the heat all game.

Set up/Short Relief: Erica Darby (LHP- Springfield)- Darby is a 26-year old makes her second WBC appearance. Initially she seemed like she would be an above average but not a superstar as a starting pitcher, but once Springfield moved her to the bullpen, she was dominant.

Closer: Kristen Collins (RHP- Dover City)- Kristen, at 28, debuted in World Baseball Classic 11. She was a slow starter originally, but over the last three seasons she was emerged as the top closer in the country. Tosses a mid-90 fastball with a nasty cutter mixed in.

Batting Order: (throws/bats)
1) Brittany Wright- CF (R/R- North Charlotte)- Wright is everything you want in a leadoff hitter. The 32 year old has outstanding speed, and draws a ton of walks. Sadly for pitchers, it is often a 3-base walk. Wright will steal 3rd as aggressively as she steals 2nd. She has a 93% success rate, and a career .321 BA. Some may consider her to be the MVP of the team as she has really seemed to pick her game when the team needs it most.

2) Meghann Carrillo- LF (L/S- South Charlotte)- The 33-year old has been a bench player every WBC since #7. Now she finally gets her chance to start, and that was helped by the big year that she had with the Condors. Meghann can run well, but she is no Brittany Wright. Make sure you hold her on first, though. She has a career .308 average and typically gets 15-20 HR’s per year.

3) Carrie Nicolette- 2B (R/S- Southport)- Behind the speedsters is one of the Empire’s all time best pure hitters wtih ability to hit for average and power, such a rare find for a second baseman. The 34 year old has a career .349 BA. Nicolette does a great job getting on base and allowing the big guns behind her to bring her in, a formula that has worked extremely well. When there are tense situations or arguments between our players and opponents, Carrie usually has some kind of role in it. With Sarah Boland now retired from international play, look for her to take over the role as the one who gets Johnny Stryker riled up.

4) Rachel Crockett- RF (R/S- Springfield)- Crockett’s power must be respected. She consistently averages 40-50 HR’s per season, but unlike a lot of power hitters, she also hits for a great BA (career .320 hitter), and rarely strikes out. At times, Rachel will do a little showboating after a homerun, but its one of the reason the fans love the 34 year old slugger. Replaces Boland as the team captain.

5) Natalie Monroe- 1B (R/R- Hampton)- Natalie, 29, continues to get better and better at the domestic level, and it’s going to continue to show at the level also. Previously regarded as a player who will hit around .315 with 25 HR’s, Natalie has averaged a .338 clip and 38 HR’s over the last four years.

6) Sarah Conrad- C (L/S- Tundra Falls)- After being on the bench for three WBC’s, the 34-year old backstop starts for her second WBC Though she can sometimes be prone to the strikeout, it is her behind the plate ability that the coaches love. Her lifetime BA is a steady .270 and she has enough power to make an opposing pitcher have to respect it. She is coming off a career high 28 HR’s this past season too.

7) Meghan Butler- 3B (R/R- Dover City)- The 22 year old has a tough job in replacing Sarah Boland at the hot corner but most believe that she is the right person for it. With Dover City and hitting behind Johnny Stryker in that lineup, she has shown the ability to come through with clutch hits in key situations. She has a ton of power potential. Probably hasn’t reached her ceiling there yet, but pitchers will be advised to be careful when facing her. She makes her debut here.

8) Tara Cuyler- SS (R/S- South Tier)- There is no let up in the 8 spot, in fact, it is because Sanders wants to make sure the bottom of the order is not a walk through, that Cuyler hits here and not 6th. Tara is a career .338 hitter, and can hit the ball over the fence with regularity. She is a 34-year old veteran.

9) Pitcher (w/o DH)
9) (w/ DH) Jennifer Dawkins (MI by trade- Dover City) (R/S)- Jennifer has been on the roster since World Baseball Classic 7, but the 34-year old has never started. She is a 2B, and well, that’s Carrie Nicolette’s house. That continues, but this is the first time that she has been declared the DH when we go to parks that will use it. Jennifer is a bit more conventional for a player of her position, relying on hitting for average and mainly being a doubles hitter.

On the Bench:
Rachel Becker- C- Olympia- Only use a substitution behind plate, not to pinch hit.
Ashley Maguire- MI (Middle Infield)- Pocono City (WBC rookie)
Stacie Gallant- CI (Corner Infield)- Loudon (preferred pinch hitter)
Kiersten Johnson- OF- Centralia (preferred pinch runner)
Rachel Ryan- OF- Thumbria Bay (WBC rookie)
Erica Hilton- Utility- Fairfield City
Note: Starting Pitcher Courtney Lombardi, is a good hitting pitcher and can also be used as pinch hitter when not on mound.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:28 am

CASSADAIGUA WBC ROSTER

We WILL use the DH at home!
Home Stadium is the 70,000+ seat Concord Heights Stadium in Concord Heights

Choose my lineup: It is posted here.
Follow my Pitching Rotation: It is posted here.
RP injuries to my players: No
Eject my players: Yes only if you make it exciting!
Godmod other events: Yes as long as no one dies or is seriously hurt.

Cassadagan (what people from Cassadaigua are called) sports teams don't have an official nickname, but we are generally called the Dagans, which is shorthand for the name of our country.

Coach- Brittany Donnels

SP- #36- Meghan Corrigan- LHP
SP- #38- Rachel Andrews- RHP
SP- #41- Morgan Klein- LHP
SP- #39- Stacey Franklin- RHP
SP- #43- Julie Therrian- RHP

RP- #48- Brittany Marshall- RHP- Long reliever.
RP- #37- Kayla Belanger- LHP- Short reliever, usually just comes in to get one or two outs.
RP- #40- Adrienne Benton- RHP- Short reliever, like Belanger.
RP- #35- Katie Douglas- RHP- Mop up reliever.
RP- #34- Alyssa Markowitz- LHP- Set up reliever.
CP- #42- Katie Sanderson- RHP- Closer.

Here is our lineup with the players average numbers per season over the course of their career. All players are switch hitters, you don’t get to this level in Cassadaigua without having that ability.

1) #11- Christina Barrett- CF .337, 9 HR, 45 RBI, 104 SB
2) #4- Brittany Knowles- 2B .330, 7 HR, 50 RBI, 88 SB
3) #31- Rachel Weston- C .327, 30 HR, 115 SB, 0 SB
4) #5- Katie Sheridan- 1B .348, 55 HR, 158 RBI, 11 SB
5) #17- Elizabeth Murray- DH .329, 43 HR, 140 RBI, 3 SB
6) #18- Jennifer Branston- RF .322, 28 HR, 106 RBI, 1 SB (first time starter)
7) #6- Amanda Meyer- LF .314 33 HR, 122 RBI, 26 SB (debutant)
8) #20- Deanna Hudson- 3B .305, 12 HR, 60 RBI, 2 SB
9) #1- Michelle Driver- SS .308, 8 HR, 58 RBI, 2 SB

Where the DH is not used, Murray starts at 3B, Hudson goes to bench, and Driver bats 8th.

Bench:
#33- Casey McAbee- C
#7- Katrina Campell- 1B
#2- Stacey Kessler- 2B/SS
#6- Nicole Goddard- Utility Infielder
#15- Emily Thomas- OF
#26- Ashley Rivers- OF (debutant)
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Uiri
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Uiri » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:53 am

UIRI ROSTER

Designated Hitter: Y
Choose my runscorers: Y
Choose my lineup: N
Follow my Pitching Rotation: Y
Godmod scoring events: N
RP injuries to my players: N
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Eject my players: N
Godmod other events: N

Pitchers(Pitch right unless otherwise noted. Bat the same as pitch)

Starting Rotation

Pedro Albarrux
Hugo Saraya
José Benafull
Fernando Tourinho
Jorge Camar

Bullpen

Carlos Dutra(MR)
Eduardo Veloso(LR)
Manuel Evougi(SU)
Henrique Arei(LR)
Guy Fonte(LOOGY)(Pitches Left)
Nuno Bastos(SU)

Closer

Cesar Gouveia

Batting Order with DH (Position)(Batting order w/o DH; Pitcher hits last)(Bats/Throws)

Leonardo Carilho(SS)(2)(R/R)
Diogo Latam(2B)(3)(L/R)
Ernesto Costa(3B)(5)(R/R)
Afonso Martelo(DH)(-)(R/R
Marco de Loiola(CF)(4)(R/R)
Filipe Odenaf(RF)(6)(L/L)
Zelito Paz(LF)(7)(R/R)
Gustavo Elav(C)(8)(R/R)
Barbosa Rocha(1B)(1)(L/L)

Bench(Position)(Bats/Throws)

Alexandre Fundo(C)(R/R)
Vitor Lobo(3B/SS)(R/R)
Ricardo Maconde(1B/2B)(R/R)
Nicolau Natam(OF)(L/L)
Last edited by Uiri on Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
SH*T HAPPENS
<Franberry> a WA condemnation is more useless than an irl UN sanction

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:55 am

Taeshan Purple Knights Baseball Team

Stadium-Quarant Xa'virt Sphark Stadium, Quarant Xa'virt 400,000 seats. Located on the Lesser Island of Quarant Xa'virt, it is well of the beaten track. Only one airport on the other side of the island is available, and of course you may catch a cold in the summer highs of the 30's, and lows of the -10's. No DH

Roster
Player Pos # Age Other(pitches)(hits) Hand Batting Spot
Anthony Rielas SP #1 28 Knuckler, Curve, 4 Seam, Slider Left
Zeke Peters SP #3 29 Slider, 2 Seam, 4 Seam, Change, Palmball Left
Rian Willemson SP #7 31 Slider, Change, 4 Seam, Curve Right
Coi Vecxen SP #90 27 Curve, Slider, Palmball, Knuckler Right
Victor Frun RP #45 38 4 Seam, 2 Seam, Curve, Slider Left
Goeli Hans RP #78 39 4 Seam, Slider, Palmball, Curve, Change Left
Ohmegode Frede RP #92 38 Curve, 4 Seam, Change, Slider Right
Willie Stavra RP #46 27 Slider, Curve, Sinker, Change Ambidextrous
Danny Laemen RP #25 25 Slurve, Change, Knuckler, Palmball Right
Starting Lineup
Freddy Myers Catcher #12 38 Switch Right 8th
Tadihito Shakiri 1B #2 30 Switch Right 7th
Adam Menigen 2B #22 21 Switch Right 2nd
Alexander Parea 3B #7 25 Switch Left 1st
Sol Jeeves SS #49 32 Switch Right 5th
Fier henris LF #66 35 Switch Left 6th
Riane Totalez CF #24 32 Switch Left 4th
Socki Lewis RF #14 24 Switch Right 3rd
Bench
Yeckers Flederichi Catcher #78 28 Switch Left
Corbin White IF #39 29 Switch Right
Jose Deigo IF #34 29 Switch Right
Jeb Fisher IF #8 27 Switch Left
Jay Nedved OF #29 28 Switch Left
Xeric Peters OF #83 26 Switch Left
Joel Myers OF #41 31 Switch Left
Xavier Dendes OF #93 30 Switch Right
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:27 am

Starting pitchers:
  • Dwight Fish #14
  • Sean McIntyre #8
  • David Sisk #37
  • Thomas Shelton #16
  • Cory Smith #25

Bullpen:
  • Cody Meny #9
  • Logan Canaan #1
  • Karl McLain #22
  • Roth Cole #13
  • Christopher Brewster #18
  • Theodore Dages #5
  • Jonathan Hunt #41

Catchers:
  • Jared Ritchie #17
  • Karl Vandenberg #29

Infielders:
  • Benjamin Eads #23
  • Kyle Thorson #4
  • Joseph Coomer #19
  • Clint Eaton #51
  • Sepp Stein #38
  • Alexander Beadles #24

Outfielders:
  • Jared Lamar #20
  • Kevin Hurst #15
  • Cody McConnell #28
  • Chester Stonecipher #36
  • Arthur King #40

Home stadium: Ramius Field, Newport Beach (capacity 43,000)
DH in home stadium: Abso-freekin'-lutely not, not even when hell freezes over
RP Injuries: No
RP Erections: No
RP run scorers: Yes
RP lineup: No...I'll be sure to post a lineup, and you can assume it'll hold until I decide to change it
Godmod scoring events: Y, if it's really really cool
The Huge Mistake of Bluth Corporation
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Champions of: World Bowl X

You should really be using Slackware

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:43 am

Choose my lineup: No - it is prescribed below. You may however make use of pinch hitters/runners (max two a game, unless in a non-DH situation)
Follow my Pitching Rotation: Yes - Follow it exactly, please
RP injuries to my players: Yes - but they should not miss more than one game
Eject my players: Yes
Godmod other events: Yes
Designated hitter: YES

Home games are played at Shocker Stadium in the capital Orean. Dimensions left field line 331, left field 351, left-centre 377, deep centre 406, right-centre 383, right field 369, right field line 340.

Pitching rotation:
SP1 Ben Nichols, the team's ace. Throws a four-seamer, a forkball, a circle change and a knucklecurve. Not on pitch counts and usually completes games in which he has allowed three runs or less. Throws right, bats right. WHIP under 1 in WBC11.
SP2 Patrick Stephenson. Throws a four-seamer, a cut fastball, a slider and a sinker. Usually goes seven innings or more. Southpaw pitcher, bats left.
SP3 Matt McDonald. Throws a two-seamer, a slurve, a changeup and a splitter. Good for six innings or more. Throws left, bats left.
SP4 Albert Sturdy. New to the roster, 19-12 in the Liventian league (regular season and playoffs). Throws a fastball, slider, curveball and sinker.
SP5 Sebastian Hopkins. Was closer at WBC11, but has shown improved stamina and been promoted to the rotation. Throws the fabled Eephus pitch (not always with great accuracy and control, but when he's on his mark it's unhittable at 55 mph), as well as a power four-seamer.

Bullpen:
Should not be used unless team is losing by more than five; or winning by less than three and Nichols not on mound. Closer should be brought in in any save situation except where a complete game is possible.
LRP Charlie Watson. Throws a four-seamer, a sinker, a splitter and a curveball. Good for four innings at most. Throws left, bats left.
MRP Liam Donaldson. Throws a two-seamer, a slider and a changeup. Good for up to two innings. Throws right, bats right.
MRP Sean Nelson. Throws a four-seamer, a knucklecurve, a sinker and a forkball. Good for up to two innings. Throws right, bats right.
SU Neville Laroque. Throws a power four-seamer, a cutter, and a circle changeup. Set-up man, only enters play when Nichols not on mound and game is close (two runs in either team's favour) in the eighth inning. Throws right, bats right.
CL Oli Todd. Was starter at WBC11, but has been moved to the bullpen. Throws a knuckleball, a slider, a 12-6 curveball, and a relatively slow four-seamer. Usually good for at least six innings. Throws right, bats switch.

As there has not been a complete season since the last WBC, stats are from last season.
Lineup (*League leader)

LHP, no DH
Order Pos Name B T Regular season totals/Notes
01 2B Wade Purglove S R AVG .348, 137 H, 79 R, 70 RBI, 8 3B*, .441 OBP
02 CF Julian Atwood L L AVG .287, 96 H, 79 R, 44 RBI, 42/7 SB/CS*
03 1B Wayne Tope R R AVG .317, 28 HR, 79 R, 83 RBI, .594 SLG
04 LF Darren Ashley L L AVG .352, 37 HR*, 83 R, 100 RBI, .701 SLG*
05 RF Luca Orping L L AVG .338, 11 HR, 89 R*, 71 RBI, .526 SLG
06 3B Ryan Turry R R AVG .271, 22 HR, 54 R, 84 RBI, .573 SLG
07 C Brendan Poore L R AVG .297, 18 HR, 65 R, 68 RBI
08 SS Luke Clayton S R AVG .260, 15 HR, 62 R, 72 RBI
09 P Pitcher's slot

BENCH
LF Brad Tretheway L R AVG .319, 21 HR, 71 R, 66 RBI, .507 OBP*, 1.146 OPS*
RF Bert Bazley L L 41/8 SB/CS, USE ONLY AS PINCH RUNNER
2B Steven Lucking L R AVG .373, 126 H, 67 R, 66 RBI, 7 3B, 1.013 OPS
1B Lucas Shoreland R R AVG .369, 121 H, 63 R, 43 RBI
CF Phil Uttley R R AVG .294, 30 HR, 79 R, 105 RBI*, .581 SLG
C Frank Brindley R R AVG .253, 17 HR, 42 R, 55 RBI

LHP with DH
01 1B Lucas Shoreland R R AVG .369, 121 H, 63 R, 43 RBI, .420 OBP
02 LF Brad Tretheway L R AVG .319, 21 HR, 71 R, 66 RBI, .507 OBP*, 1.146 OPS*
03 SS Wayne Tope R R AVG .317, 28 HR, 79 R, 83 RBI, .594 SLG
04 DH Darren Ashley L L AVG .352, 37 HR*, 83 R, 100 RBI, .701 SLG*
05 3B Ryan Turry R R AVG .271, 22 HR, 54 R, 84 RBI, .573 SLG
06 CF Julian Atwood L L AVG .287, 96 H, 79 R, 44 RBI, 42/7 SB/CS*
07 RF Luca Orping L L AVG .338, 11 HR, 89 R*, 71 RBI, .526 SLG
08 2B Wade Purglove S R AVG .348, 137 H, 79 R, 70 RBI, 8 3B*, .441 OBP
09 C Brendan Poore L R AVG .297, 18 HR, 65 R, 68 RBI

BENCH
2B Steven Lucking L R AVG .373, 126 H, 67 R, 66 RBI, 7 3B, 1.013 OPS
SS Luke Clayton S R AVG .260, 15 HR, 62 R, 72 RBI

RHP, no DH
01 CF Julian Atwood L L AVG .287, 96 H, 79 R, 44 RBI, 42/7 SB/CS*
02 2B Steven Lucking L R AVG .373, 126 H, 67 R, 66 RBI, 7 3B, .448 OBP
05 RF Luca Orping L L AVG .338, 11 HR, 89 R*, 71 RBI, .526 SLG
06 3B Ryan Turry R R AVG .271, 22 HR, 54 R, 84 RBI, .573 SLG
07 SS Wade Purglove S R AVG .348, 137 H, 79 R, 70 RBI, 8 3B*, .441 OBP
08 C Brendan Poore L R AVG .297, 18 HR, 65 R, 68 RBI
09 P Pitcher's slot

BENCH
LF Brad Tretheway L R AVG .319, 21 HR, 71 R, 66 RBI, .507 OBP*, 1.146 OPS*

RHP with DH
01 2B Steven Lucking L R AVG .373, 126 H, 67 R, 66 RBI, 7 3B, .448 OBP
02 SS Wade Purglove S R AVG .348, 137 H, 79 R, 70 RBI, 8 3B*, .441 OBP
05 3B Ryan Turry R R AVG .271, 22 HR, 54 R, 84 RBI, .573 SLG
06 DH Brad Tretheway L R AVG .319, 21 HR, 71 R, 66 RBI, .639 SLG
07 RF Luca Orping L L AVG .338, 11 HR, 89 R*, 71 RBI, .526 SLG
08 CF Phil Uttley R R AVG .294, 30 HR, 79 R, 105 RBI*, .581 SLG
09 C Brendan Poore L R AVG .297, 18 HR, 65 R, 68 RBI

BENCH
CF Julian Atwood L L AVG .287, 96 H, 79 R, 44 RBI, 42/7 SB/CS*
Слава Україні!

Tocrowkia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tocrowkia » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:45 am

Few will soon forget the magical play-off run, a ridiculous seven wins to one loss affair in which the Nordics gained their first title. The years of frustrating 'close, not no cigar' scenarios were washed away by the jubilation both fans and players felt when the Nordics hoisted the title over a defeated Newmanistan in Newmanistan last time around, solidifying the Nordics status as an elite team, and Tocrowkia as an elite baseball playing nation. The Nordics return to defend the title, with some minor roster changers, mostly

Manager: Paul Rudolf
[ The manager of the Nordics baseball team for the past six WBCs, Rudolf has lead his squad to an all-time WBC record of 43 – 14 (A towering .754 winning percentage), five play-off berths, two division titles, three straight final four appearances, and of course, the big one, winning a WBC title in his last Classic. Often thought of as an 'old school' type of manager, one who preaches good baserunning, defense and manufactured runs. Though he is known to keep his starting pitching on a tight leash, if he's not regarded as one of the best managers in the world at this point, what's wrong with you guys?]
Bench Coach: Alex Cremer
1st Base coach: Albin Linder
3rd Base coach: Katrine Alberts
Pitching coach: Johann Hilgers
Hitting coach: Kathe Lohmeyer

Batting Order:
3B - Kitten Dyfuse (R/R)
[ The young Kitten has a great set of wheels, among the leaders in her league in extra base hits, infield singles (despite being a righty) and stolen bases last year. Usually not a power hitter, but can play longball every so often. ]
LF - Willhelm Dynrus (L/L)
[ Another Speed demon, and an expert at threading the needle with on the line base hits, bloopers and in field singles. Not a longball player, but he draws a lot of walks to make up for it.
SS - Jill Haviland (R/R)
[ A rarity among infielders, Jill Haviland has an excellent power stroke. She is known for her majestic, 425+ ft homeruns that come easily to her, giving her the tongue-in-cheek nickname "Princess of Pounders" Everything works for her, and her swing is regarded as one of the most beautiful in Tocrowkian baseball. She is much more than just a slugger though, and can pretty much get every type of hit from line drivers to tape measure jacks. She can also protect her strike zone fairly well. On top of that, she is a media darling with a great personality, and is regarded as the most attractive female player on the team, thus making her a great team captain. ]
CF - Dmitri Rykov (R/R)
[ One of the more overlooked players on the Nordics roster, though we can't imagine why. Rykov is also a five-tool super-star talent, frequently posting stats that look something like this: 332/42 HR/120 RBIs through his five big league seasons. Known for his ability to come through in the clutch, he has the nick name "Mr. Clutch." Has good speed and a dead eye and a terrific arm in the outfield. ]
1B - Johnny Stryker (L/L)
[Still one of the teams youngest players at only 25 years old, Stryker is an amazing five-tool player. He hits for average. He hits for power. His speed is positively explosive on the basepaths, and he's a defensive wizard to cap it all off. He also possess many intangibles that are only boosted given his superstar status. He is a spark-plug for his team both on and off the field, thus giving him the name of "The Catalyst.". Due to his youth, he is often thought of the future 'face of the franchise' for the Nordics in the coming years. He is coming off the most frightening year of his career in which he hit for a .392 BA, belted 52 HR's, had 184 RBIs, and swiped seventy two bases
C - Kevin Monroe (R/L)
[ A well-rounded catcher with good defensive and terrific offensive abilities. He was elected to the WBC team after posting a .310/31 HR/112 RBI season in rookie year to replace the now retired Hoyt Klaus. Due to the fact he is only 24 years old, the wear and tear his position usually inflicts hasn't caught up with him and he has good, but not blinding speed on the basepaths.]
2B - Domino Mazdrick (R/S)
[ Mazdrick's position in the order should not reflect poorly on her. She is perhaps the best "pure hitter" on the team. Excellent at protecting her strike zone, and has been developing her power stroke recently, making her a 25 HR per season player. ]
RF - Kathrin Jordan (L/S)
[ Making her second WBC appearance, young Kathrin Jordan will be in right. She is essentially another lead-off hitter with great speed and good contact. She also has good power for a girl her size, and she is always a threat to steal on the basepaths. In fact, she had 57 SB's in her ROY season. Also a strong arm in the outfield. ]

[COLOR="Orange"]Designates team captain[/COLOR]

Pitchers:
SP - Tommy Thunder (Righty)
[ The ace of the Nordics staff for the past six Classic. Classic power pitcher, with a 93-98 MPH fastball, 12-6 Curve, cut fastball and circle change making up his arsenal. Attacks the strike zone, especially the corners, with his fastball and uses his other pitches for outs. And having player 3rd base during high school and half of his college career, he is no slouch at the plate, either, and can hit balls and hit them deep. ]
SP - Matthew Shaporio (Righty)
[ A pitcher with excellent control of four pitches: A 92-97 MPH fastball, an odd screwball, a deceptive splitter and a great change up. Has an odd wind-up and delivery style, which of course deceives hitters. Count on him to rack up a lot of Ks on a lineup when he's grooving. Takes over as the number two starter after his WBC 11 performance, which included a no-hitter. ]
SP - Sofie Behm (Lefty)
[ Sofie is a making her second WBC appearance and is only 22 years old to boot. It was was also only her second year in the big leagues, but she proved she is legit with a 23 wins to 7 losses season with 210 Ks and a 3.10 ERA, a dominating year for the young Southpaw She has quite the arsenal consisting of a 93-98 MPH fastball, a cutter, a slider, a curveball, and a splitter. Behm completes what is sure to be a devastating 1-2-3 combination of aces with Thunder and Shaporio ahead of her.]
SP - Jeanna Glaus (Lefty)
[ A sink baller by nature, Jeanna also has a 92-96 MPH fastball, curve ball and a slider to make use of. Of course her sinker is her main pitch however, which results in a lot of ground outs. ]
SP - Mercedes Gaunt (Lefty)
[ Finesse pitcher who relies on breaking pitches and off-speed pitches to win games. Throws quality strikes, and has a low walk percentage to show for it. However, her fastball, which tops out at a maximum of 92 MPH is sort of easy to hit, but due to all the off-speed stuff she mix's in, it makes up for it. Likely her last WBC]

Bullpen
MR - Jaycen Hester (Righty)
[ A former starter turned reliever late in his career. Has a four-seem fastball, a curve and a change-up. Though he used to be a fire-baller, he now relies on throwing quality strikes rather than over-powering the hitter. Good for up to two innings of effective relief. ]
MR - Kimberly Soylnt (Righty)
[ A smart pitcher that uses a two-seam fastball, a slurve, a circle change and a fork ball. Though she usually ends up working the count full and throwing a bunch of pitches, she's good for up to two innings of relief. ]
MR - Hans Koller
[ Hans really only has control of three pitches. A sinker, a two-seam fastball and a curve. His sinker is really good though, so he's often used in jams with the game on the line, like a bases loaded no outs type of situation. ]
LHP - Darrel Klitz (Lefty)
[ Used against tough lefties, obviously. Has a cut-fastball, a slider and a change up. Prefers to work lefties inside at first, and surprise them with a fastball outside for the out. ]
LHP - Anna Tavker (Lefty)
[ Again, used against tough lefties. Another junk-baller too in that she relies on a 12-6 curve, a normal curve, a slider and a palmball in order to get her target out. ]
SU - Amber Taven (Righty)
[ Amber Tavern, an impressive young woman that performs well under pressure, has an arsenal of pitches to work with. A 95 MPH Fastball, a two-seam Fastball which has good movement and has a good late break, and is extremely effective against lefties. An excellent slider, which she often uses for outs against righties, an effective curve which breaks down and away, and finally a great change up. Amber is extremely emotional, and some would say cocky, and often performs elongated celebrations after retiring the side. ((OOC: Seriously. Imagine her doing something like Jonathan Papelbon and K-Rod after every out she records.)) ]
CL - Jamie Von Tipker (Righty)
[ A classic closer. Unlike her set-up counter-part, Jamie is a calm and modest player, but she is extremely effective. She has command of a cut-fastball, which she throws with great effectiveness and oddly enough causes alot of broken bats. She also has a good 12-6 Curve, circle change and finally a sinker. ]

Bench:
Eva Bethge (Utility Infielder) (R/R)
[ Can play either corner-infield position, Eva is a strong defensive player used mostly in double-switcher scenarios. She can make good contact on pitchers too, but has little power. ]
Stefan Küchler (Utility Infielder) (R/R)
[ Can play either middle-infield position, Stefan is utilized as pinch hitter more often than not due to his ability to work the count in his favor. Though he has little power like Eva, he can also hit for average. He also has good speed, and is often utilized as a pinch-runner as a result. ]
Michel Keitel (Utility Infielder) (R/R)
[ A young catcher, used more often than not to give Monroe a break for a game or two. He can call a good came, but has iffy skill when it comes to throwing runners out. Can hit for power, but not for average and is vulnerable to striking out. ]
Heinz Görtz (Utility Outfielder) (L/L)
[ Can play either right or left field. He's a solid defensive player, but he can really struggle at the plate at times. When he does make contact however, he can hit the ball a long way. ]
Carmen Rein (Utility Outfielder) (L/L)
[ A young center fielder, Carmen is known for her athletic and impressive plays in the outfield and her cannon of an arm, having two gold-glove awards in her short career. Not a lot of power, but is pretty fast, making her a good pinch runner too. ]

Uniforms:
Home
Away
Alternate
Last edited by Tocrowkia on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Member of the Hermes Alliance] - [Member of the Coalition] - Tocrowkia WIKI (Constant WIP. Check back all the time for new info)

General Information:
Title: The Liberal Neo-Imperial Reich of Tocrowkia (MT), the Interstellar Reich of Tocrowkia (FT)

Under the auspices of: Steward Seth Mahone (MT), Stewardess Amelie Chaste (FT)
Style: Your Grace. e.g. His Grace, Steward Mahone. Her Grace, Stewardess Amelie Chaste.

Official Language: Neo-Gothic

Demonym Tocrowkian
Sporting information:
~Nordic Nation~

Titles: WBC 11, Keisler Cup I U-21, 1st Pheonix Cup, World Bowl IX
Leaders (Head coaches, Managers, etc): Paul Rudolf (Baseball), Vincenz Roehler (Gridiron), Justin Michahelles (Hockey), Richard Gottberg (LaCrosse), Jonas Haker (Basketball)

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:15 pm

This Time With Feeling!
Or, Submitting A Roster That's Not Almost Entirely Based Off That Simpsons Episode
For reference, our WBC11 entry

The recent completion of the latest season of Minimal League Baseball has left fans eager for more action in Quintessence of Dust as baseball's unexpected popularity continues to surge. The roster features a number of changes from WBC11.

Coaching staff

Ryan James remains the nation's best spitter, so has been kept on as coach despite the team posting a .250 record in WBC11. Jun Zhou has moved from 3rd base to hitting coach, with Yi Lu moving to kicking coach, and Zhen Chin as hacking and stabbing coach. Martin Billy is the new pitching coach, and Yukio Mizokuchi remains scouting director. Kati Kauppi is the new batgirl.

Stats

Included are last's seasons statistics, which reflect the massive popularity of sabermetrics within Quodite baseball circles. Hopefully, these will be fleshed out a bit later on. However, the season is only 72 games long, and the standard of play in the QBL is much lower than in foreign leagues, explaining why (particularly in the case of the pitchers) they are so horrifically, incredibly good.

Starting lineup

1. Kelly Maddox (Greschmeier MSC, CF, throws L, bats L)
A newcomer to the side, Kelly takes off the leadoff role from the sadly deceased Owain Meally, the only vaguely successful player Quintessence of Dust had in WBC11. So she has big, well actually very small, shoes to fill. She also brings reasonably strong defensive capabilities to the role.
Batting (wOBA = .329, ISO = .100, LD% = 19.9%, GB/FB = 1.91, O-Swing % = 22.9%): A contact hitter who mustered only 3 HRs last season, for Kelly it's all about getting on base. She's patient enough to earn walks, and when she swings she will mostly keep it down, but might be good for a double if she can get it on the screws past the infield.
Baserunning (SPD = 8.5): With 6 triples and a League record 42 stolen bases (with an 86% success rate), she is super quick on the basepaths, and will rarely ground into a double play. She and Georgia should be a double steal threat, providing they can stop arguing for five minutes.
Fielding (UZR = 16.1): She uses her speed to cover centre field very well and is a clinical, efficient fielder. Her arm is only average, however. A keen amateur gardener, she might leave away ballparks with a surprise petunia patch.

2. Georgia "Foxy" Fox (Highmark Giants, 2B, R, L)
Once again, there will be concerns that Georgie's at best passing interest in baseball will interfere with her game. Though a slight physical presence she has a good eye. She simply doesn't care all that much, though, and if games stretch into extra innings will almost certainly be subbed out, as she'll need time to do her hair.
Batting (.349, .105, 20.0%, 2.65, 24.2%): At the plate, she does a similar job to Kelly, getting on base a lot without posing much of a threat deep, hitting three HRs last season. She bunts a lot, and has further refined her technique while still squealing with glee at the very word, "bunt". Very much a ground baller, with reasonably good eye and patience.
Baserunning (5.3): A more conservative but more consistent base stealer than Kelly, with 20 stolen bases at a remarkable 100% success rate last season. Sometimes instead of going for third, though, she'll wander off into the outfield if she thinks there's something more fun going on in the stands.
Fielding (7.2): Previously one of the best second basewomen in the QBL, her tendency to be distracted has only grown. Though she only had one error, her double play awareness was considerably down. If she can concentrate, she's a solid presence - only don't use the word "solid" in her presence or she'll throw her shoes at you.

3. Barry Pullman (Grey Sox, C, R, S, team captain)
An unusual double, Barry is still captain of both national rugby and baseball teams, and although the bull-necked prop may be more familiar to fans of New Cleethorpes Deathshriek, he's consistently made an impact as a consistent hitter and reliable catcher for the Grey Sox. Good natured, well organized, and commanding enough respect to keep the youngish team under wraps, he was the only member of the national team included in the WBC11 All-Star side (as a reserve), though he ended up having a poor tournament.
Batting (.407 , .206, 19.3%, 1.47, 27.3%): A good, clean hitter, he made 15 home runs and 58 RBI last season. He has a nice stroke, can bat switch, and won't flail too wildly at balls. He is probably a little more powerful than his stats suggest, a function of how slow he is: not a lot of doubles, as he'll generally be wheezing heavily halfway to first base. Don't bother walking him: it'll take all afternoon.
Baserunning (4.4): Pretty slow on the basepaths, Barry stole one base at a 33% success rate last season, and poked one triple. So basically, if he's outrunning your fielders, it's all on you.
Fielding (N/A, RF/9 = low 7): A solid catcher who gave up only 2 errors on the season and has a good arm to second. Not all that agile, though, and his alertness might drop as his blood sugar does.

4. Emily Sanderson (Dodgers, LF, R, R)
Last WBC11, she was just the team's batgirl, and they even spelled her name wrongly on the pre-tournament literature. This time, no one would make such an error, as she burst onto the scene, leading the Dodgers on a .750 season before flaming out in the playoffs, where she was unable to hit Masami Tamagotchi. With Joaquin Arizona gone (reportedly to pursue a rap career) she's been brought in at the prestigious No. 4 slot, but for a young player there could be a lot of pressure to perform. She hasn't forgotten her roots entirely: if she hits a home run, the stadium organist will play the "Batgirl" theme tune.
Batting (.439, .301, 19.9%, .959, 20.3%): The season's batting undisputed champ, Emily hit 17 home runs, which still hardly makes her a slugger by international standards. Her high OBP was helped by tremendous patience at the plate, and on good days she rained in the base hits. She's prone to the lazy flyball to centre, though.
Baserunning (4.4): Some slightly rash running saw her SB% dip to 78%, though she hit 4 triples to boost her overall speed score. She's quick enough to push for extra base hits.
Fielding (19.1): Her fielding rating might be even higher if it weren't for some occasional errors, mainly down to rushing and inexperience. She's quick and has a strong arm, and was the winner of the Woolly Glove at her position.

5. Momoko Koumura (Grey Sox, 1B, R, R)
One of the big disappointments of WBC11, Momoko remains the nation's batting idol despite an indifferent season with the Grey Sox. She has an excellent swing and, it's hoped, the move to the infield will allow her to concentrate more on her batting, though it's difficult to tell with one of the more maddeningly inconsistent players on the team.
Batting (.360, .124, 25.7%, 1.67, 20.8%): Though last season was slightly disappointing for her, she still posted some pretty impressive numbers, and her swing remained as smooth as ever. She joins the list of "not quite but sort of" players, scattering a few home runs but still finishing with a high OPS.
Baserunning (5.5): Just 8 stolen bases (uncaught) last season, but plenty of extra base hits. She hits lower down for the NT than she does for the Grey Sox, meaning she might be more likely to attempt a steal. She's pretty nippy, and - no, wait, no, that's what I meant, look, I am not a, please don't leave...
Fielding (N/A): Not a starting first basewoman but moved to accommodate Emily, Momoko has good reactions and a reasonably quick arm. Her range is nothing unspectacular, unlike her range of custom sunglasses.

6. Jurgen Barthes (Greschmeier MSC, RF, R, L)
His second - and probably last - WBC will give Jurgen a chance to improve on a tepid showing in Newmanistan. He led Greschmeier to their first QBL title last season, so a good performance now would really be the icing on the cake. If he does badly, however, he will still probably be able to deconstruct the matrix of performance within a post-Marxist framework.
Batting (.443, .316, 16.9%, 1.06, 21.0%): Still the team's best power hitter, Jurgen led the lead in home runs (22) once again last season, but has enough poise that he's not simply a slugger. He's a lot less likely to make good contact than Emily or Momoko, but when he does it tends to fly for extra base hits. Or, you know, right into the CF's mitt. Whatever.
Baserunning (4.4): He makes a show of stealing, but only managed to pick up 6 bases at 50%. He hits plenty of doubles, but averages just one triple per season: if he connects, he's not going to hang around at third base. OH SNAP.
Fielding (-5.0): Big arm, low on errors, Jurgen is probably a good enough outfielder by conventional metric, but he's got poor range, which could be costly in a big right field park, or against a lot of lefties.

7. Tabitha "Webby" Weber (Anti-Catholics, 3B, R, R)
Another newcomer, Tabitha was chewing her pencil in high school exams while the last WBC was being played. She's had a couple of strong seasons with the New Cleethorpes Anti-Catholics, and is regarded as the nation's best third basewoman. She's one of the younger crop of players and loves baseball, as well as reading, fine wine, world music, and long walks on the beach.
Batting (.323, .156, 19.3%, 1.05, 31.5%): Tabitha earns her keep against domestic pitchers, but may struggle at the top level. Last season she just pipped the .300 BA mark and hit 6 homers, but she's neither a consistent contact hitter nor a big slugger, and is a bit too much of a chaser to pile up the walks.
Baserunning (2.1): An infrequent base stealer, picking up just one or a two season and caught at the same rate, Tabitha isn't fast on the flat. She knows her limits though, so she generally will run conservatively, unless she suspects she's being chased by a Papist.
Fielding (15.2): Winner of the Woolly Glove in her position and the overall Mittens-on-a-String Prize for best fielder, Tabitha takes her hugely imaginative nickname from her ability to catch line drives that would decapitate slower third basewomen. And, well, her surname.

8. Amanda Jónsdóttir (Grey Sox, SS, R, R)
Hockey, football, baseball...there's no doubting Amanda's overall sporting talent, and what she lacks in game knowledge she makes up for in enthusiasm. But even by Quodite standards she may be stretched a little thin, and fatigue could be an issue - especially if the WBC ends up overlapping with Olympic preparations.
Batting (.361, .139, 19.5%, 1.51, 13.8%): Leadoff for her own team, Amanda led the League in walks last season; when she decides to swing, she's also pretty successful, though again no big hitter with 6 HRs. She has an excellent eye and good control, and connects well reasonably often.
Baserunning (7.2): What's that? Yet another quickie? Good Quod, you must be thinking, what do they feed their baseball players? It's true that Amanda hit 5 triples and stole 24 bases, which is not all that surprising as the best natural athlete on the team. However, she was caught stealing 11, and as the least knowledgeable about baseball will tend to run, wildly, at every opportunity, even when it makes no tactical sense.
Fielding (9.7): 11 errors cost her a better UZR: she's lithe, quick and accurate with her throw, but she will make errors over the course of the tournament. Still, she's judged to be valuable enough to retain the shortstop position.

And when needed...

5, everyone else moves down one. Eddie Sandström (Greschmeier MSC, DH, R, R)
Used only as a pinch hitter last time, Eddie made little impression, but he made an impression on the domestic season that followed, crushing homers to all parts and batting well in clutch situations. He's one of the better cleanup hitters in the League, though will only be used in DH parks for the national team.
Batting (.401, .304, 17.0%, .76, 22.2%): Reasonable discipline, but will fly out a lot; it's not entirely clear he knows that you're allowed to hit the ball on the ground. He is one of the more pronounced spray hitters, aiming over half of his 20 home runs over centre right.
Baserunning (1.6): A big man who's dead slow getting out of the blocks. Could be ground out on plays others might manage a triple off. Well, actually, no, but you get the point.

Bench
Eddie Sandström (PH, OF) in non-DH parks
Anne Wu (PH, 1B)
Heintje Kristoffersen (PR) never pinch hits
Daryl Kumquat (PH, OF)
Michael Wood (PH, C)
Charley Collins (PH, SS)

Pitching staff

Masami Tamagotchi (Grey Sox, pitches L, bats L)
Pitches (WHIP = 1.15, FIP = 2.43, K/9 = 10.52, BB/9 = 2.43): Fastball (84-86 mph), curveball, slider, changeup, knuckleball, gyroball. Another tremendous season for Masami, including 3 complete games and 1 shutout. By no means the quickest pitcher in the League, she still topped the strikeout rankings thanks to her variations that kept domestic hitters dazzled. She proved rather less elusive at the last WBC11, though she was still the nation's best pitcher and the only starter to record any wins. She's also one of the League's best hitting pitchers and to top it off an excellent fielder. As with Amanda, her biggest weakness is that she's so busy playing football as well, her availability may be limited, and they almost certainly won't risk her more than 7 innings.

Django "Three Finger" Scheinhardt (Dodgers, R, S)
Pitches (1.02, 2.75, 8.63, 1.93): Fastball (88-92 mph), curveball, changeup. Another stellar, prize-winning season for Scheinhardt. Given an unusual right hand by a childhood accident, he throws with a huge amount of topspin, with a GB% of over 60%. His wicked curveball is his main weapon. While the accident has also leant his jazz guitar playing a distinctive style, he is best known for his pitching, and has been the QBL leader for many seasons. He's a reasonably solid batter, though the constant blowing away of his terrible wig distracts from his fielding.

Tal Isaachar (Grey Sox, L, L)
Pitches (1.04, 2.38, 9.96, 1.90): Fastball (96-98 mph), slider, curveball, changeup. Has dropped the screwball. Mainly a left-handed specialist during WBC11, Tal enjoyed another fantastic season with the Grey Sox, though he still struggled to pitch complete games. His QS% was very favourable, with a tendency to let go late on. Still, when in trouble he could throw strikes, and he blow away most of the League's lefties. With improved pace, he may fare better against top flight batting than he did last time. A poor fielder, and not much with the bat.

Włodzisław Pawłowski (Raptors, R, R)
Pitches (1.05, 2.64, 8.97, 2.13): Fastball (92-94 mph), cutter, curveball, split-finger fastball. The NL's pitching MVP last season, Włodzisław was the star of the Raptors' bullpen and posted some hugely impressive numbers, including a very favourable K/BB ratio. His success has come from augmenting his fastball with cutters and curveballs. His biggest weakness is a tendency to give up home runs, owing to a relative lack of variation. Average on the mound, peanuts at the plate.

Benoît Labonté (Giants, R, R)
Pitches (1.10, 2.95, 7.4, 1.25): Fastball (86-88 mph), slider, curveball, changeup. An accurate pitcher who's struggled with control in the past and was used sparingly during WBC11, but had a good season with the Giants, posting great K/BB numbers and winning the Woolly Glove at his position. He's got a sharp pick-off to limit base stealing. Relatively seasoned, good in clutch situations, and has great duration as a starter. Can muster the odd hit at the plate.

Bullpen

Stephen Williams (LR)
Kunika Okamoto (LR)
Herbie "The Herbster" Black (SR)
Janneke Frandsen (SR)
Mazio Mizokuchi (SR)

Quodite teams tend to eschew the idea of a designated "closer", or at least, closers may often be brought in before the final innings. Mazio generally fits this role.

Home Park: Raptor Field, Nowy Orpington (PU)

Gone are the days of tinny cheers echoing round the dilapidated New Cleethorpes Municipal Sporting Ground Baseball Playing Area #1. The construction of the nation's only significant full-sized arena has been met with delight by the citizens of Nowy Orpington, at least up until they watched their Raptors crushed in the Divisional Playoffs by the hated Greschmeier MSC. The park is built in what, in other nations, would probably be known as a "retro classic style" (though as we have no domestic baseball history, the retro epithet is questionable). Despite this it is a fully modernised park. There will be seating allocations for visiting fans. Baseball has become particularly popular among Quintessence of Dust's large hipster community, so expect lots of check shirts and overly tight denim ensembles in the crowd; the vendors generally sell rice cakes and heroin instead of popcorn and peanuts. If a Quodite batter hits a home run, a giant mechanical orange will light up and rise out of the centre field fence.

The scorinator does not, presumably, allow for "park effects", but you're free to use or ignore the following in your roleplay.

Distances from plate
LF: 364'
LC: 389'
CF: 408'
RC: 415'
RF: 383'

By Quodite standards, this makes this a relatively large playing space. During the domestic season, hits, including extra base hits, were up, home runs and outfield fly balls down. This was partly because of the relatively high fence that goes from left corner to right centre. At this time of year, the weather will be warm but not hot, and pretty dry; floodlights are used but not strictly necessary as the nation's proximity to the South Pole means there are very long days. The stadium organist is Johann Sebastian Bathtub II.

There is no DH.

RP Permissions
Follow my Pitching Rotation: Y (as in, please do)
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: N (I mean, if they're HBP I guess it'll sting, but don't hobble them)
Eject my players: Y
Godmod other events: Y

General note: Obviously, I still expect my team to do very poorly against the established nations, so the impressive stats here should be seen as relative indicators: so and so being more likely to get a hit or K than so and so, etc. Feel free to do what you like with RPing, really; the ban on injuries is because I don't want to make up loads of extra players and I like the ones I have. In terms of playing style, the team will go for lots of stolen bases and extra base hits (successfully or not is, I suppose, up to you). They don't have many big hitters or absolute power pitchers.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Two kinds of pork in one soup? Bring it on. -- Christina Hendricks

Barnettsville
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2009

Postby Barnettsville » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:03 pm

BARNETTSVILLE OFFICIAL LINEUPS
The Barnettsville Red Hurricane national baseball team lineups were announced today in a press conference in St. Catherine.

National Team Starters: B/T Ht. Wt. Age Team Notes
1 1B 42 Jonathan Strong S/L 6’5 205 22 Fair Haven
2 3B 20 Bo McCracken R/L 6’3 205 24 New Castle
3 RF 22 Nathaniel Davis S/L 6’2 185 23 New Castle
4 SS 29 Cody Luzier R/L 6’0 185 28 Phillipsburg Team Captain
5 LF 38 Javier Martinez R/L 6’0 190 24 Uniontown
6 2B 15 Phillip Matthews L/R 6’2 180 25 St. Catherine
7 CF 25 Shawn Cartman S/L 5’11 198 21 Dravosburg
8 C 10 Mark Johnson S/R 6’3 205 18 Phillipsburg
9 Pitcher’s spot

Reserves:
8 C Wesley Ashbaugh S/L 6’3 195 27 Saltville
11 IF Tim Watkins L/L 5’9 210 18 Riverview
9 3B Mike Albertson R/R 6’3 200 25 Great Falls
13 SS Omar Rodriguez S/R 6’0 195 27 Dravosburg
18 OF Jose Martinez R/L 6’0 175 28 Uniontown
19 CF Joe Livingston L/R 6’2 170 30 New Castle
23 OF Jacob Conner L/L 6’1 185 22 Mount Joy
28 LF Barry Baker L/L 5’11 180 22 East Fork
33 OF Nathan Mentch L/L 6’0 175 20 Great Falls
45 IF Eric Jacobs S/R 5’11 170 19 St. Catherine
Starting Rotation:
57 P Garry Barnett, Jr. S/R 6’4 190 23 St. Catherine
16 P Aaron Wilson S/R 6’3 210 23 East Fork
17 P Matt Goodman R/L 6’1 210 29 East Fork
34 P William Monaghan L/R 6’3 195 20 Great Falls
Bullpen:
30 P Jason Baker S/L 6’2 190 20 Saltville
31 P Sean Gindlesperger L/L 6’3 215 23 St. Catherine
48 P Greg Jennings S/R 6’3 185 26 New Alexandria Setup pitcher
21 P Brian Kuzenski R/R 6’0 190 21 Fair Haven Closer
Coaches:
63 MGR Chris McCracken -- 6’1 190 44 New Castle
24 3BC Dave Gibbs -- 5’9 195 49 Phillipsburg
40 1BC Shawn Barnett -- 6’0 180 42 Great Falls
54 BNC Tom Gemcity -- 6’3 205 47 St. Catherine
59 PITC Tony DiNozzo -- 6’2 210 42 Mount Joy

Home games at St. Catherine City Stadium, capacity 17,258 with a beautiful view of the neighboring amusement park next door.
We will not be using a DH at home. In DH-used games, Javier Martinez will bat 5th; everyone from there down will move down one spot in the order.

Other notes:
- Coach McCracken has already been put on notice by the National Sports Committee that he has an undisclosed ejection limit, due to his league leading 32 ejections during the NBL season. If he is replaced, bench coach Tom Gemcity will replace him.

- Garry Barnett, Jr. (son of the president, but a above-average pitcher in his own right - 2.86 ERA in 44 IP, .282 opponents BA) will start the opening game in the Hurricanes' group stage. He wil be followed by Aaron Wilson, Matt Goodman, and William Monaghan.

Choose my runscorers: N
RP injuries to my players: N
Godmod injuries to my players: Y
Eject my players: Y, as necessary, but make it interesting
Godmod other events: Y

Setup and closer to be used in 8th and 9th innings with a 3-run or less lead, and the starting pitcher should be replaced if he allows a 5-run lead. Relievers when trailing start with the reliever with the most rest.

http://216.97.238.54/Rawlings/baseball/?configPath=hp174rHome
http://216.97.238.54/Rawlings/baseball/?configPath=e1h9bkAway
http://216.97.238.54/Rawlings/baseball/?configPath=4fflgsAlternate

All games will be shown on BSN-TV and BSN radio networks.
Last edited by Barnettsville on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Barnettsville Embassy Application Barnettsville Facts
History of Barnettsville Professional Sports Venues Barnettsville Sports News

BARNETTSVILLE/LYCRABON SPORTING HISTORY:
WBC 12 (Quarterfinals), WBC 13 (Round of 16), Games of the IV Summer Olympiad, 1st Gordonopia Cup (Group A 3rd), Baptism of Iron III (Quarterfinals), World Bowl VIII
Host of WBC 17 and 24 (as Lycrabon), WBC 20 Champion (as Lycrabon)

Dancougar
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dancougar » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:29 pm

The Dancougar Black Wings are a baseball team which exists outside of the rest of the country's sports timeline because, well, it can. It's made up entirely of high school girls and coached by an ever-pessimistic salaryman, Schwartz Seherisch.

The team plays at the Nozomu Itoshiki High School stadium, located 45 miles south of Yuki City in Kuraizawa, which has at least had the outfield extended so hitters don't walk all over it. Some bleachers are going to be set up, we're told, along the foul lines and behind the left field fence.

And now, the lineup. They're capable players, I suppose. They have to be if they're Dancougar's best (which may not, in fact, count for much.) The girls are flexible and will play just about any position, although their preferred positions are listed.

Juliet Sanretour
Position: 2B
Handed: Right
Personality: Juliet has a habit of falling hopelessly in love, and after doing so, she'll stalk the object of her affection. She'll go to any length, regardless of whether or not her love is returned, to grow closer to the person.
Name Note: Her last name comes from the French sans retour, "without return," as a reference to unrequited love.

Joy Allegray
Position: SS
Personality: Joy has a positive outlook on life. Disgustingly positive. The glass is half full, toast always lands butter-side up, and the F on your exam stands for 'Fantastic!' Her worldview is sometimes at odds with reality, or even common sense, but it would be ridiculous if she let that stop her.
Name Note: Her last name sounds like allegre, Italian for "cheerful."

Kagami Mimeko
Position: LF
Handed: Left
Personality: Kagami doesn't really have one. In fact, she's usually pretty easy to overlook because she just copies the people around her. Although, her ability to switch from one set of behaviors to another, just because someone else enters her line of sight, is kind of impressive.
Name Note: The word kagami means "mirror" in Japanese, while "mimeko" sounds a lot like "mimic."

Amber Dextrous
Position: CF
Handed: Switch
Personality: Amber used to be a pretty balanced person, but once in high school, she became fractured. Now, whenever she favors her right hand, she's a sweet, gentle girl. But when she favors her left, she becomes an angry, violent person. It's most visible when batting, since when she fields, she does need both hands to catch and throw...
Name Note: From the word "ambidextrous."

Faye Toonmay
Position: 3B
Personality: Faye believes that everything is predetermined, and will constantly say so regardless of what happens on or off the field. Nobody's quite sure if she actually believes that or if she always uses it in case she needs an excuse.
Name Note: When read, sounds like "fate unmei," where unmei is a Japanese word meaning "destiny."

Clarissa Voint
Position: 1B
Personality: If you watched her standing near first base or in the batter's box, you'd swear she was spacing out. She seems to stare off into space and pay no attention to the world around her... until she displays a remarkable sense of what's about her. Sometimes she seems possessed, too, and that can be creepy.
Name Note: From the word "clairvoyant."

Norma Smith
Position: RF
Personality: Pretty normal, much to her chagrin.
Name Note: From the word "normal," with a completely average last name to boot.

Akiko Morimoto
Position: C
Handed: Left
Personality: Akiko is incredibly shy. So shy, that we're surprised that she even leaves her house for these things. It helps that she plays catcher, because it enables her to hide behind a mask and lots of bulky padding. The weird thing is that she never takes it off.
Name Note: From the Japanese hikikomori, which means "acute social withdrawal."

The team actually has some substitutes this year! Incredible! Like the rest of the team, they can be plugged into most places, although their preferred position is listed.

Ann Ahn
Position: RF
Personality: Ann's a bundle of joy, right? Uh... Ann? Where did you go? Son of a... So, Ann. Ann has absolutely no presense. She doesn't stand out in a crowd. She doesn't even stand out in an open field. People only notice her when she does something embarrassing, which is an endless source of frustration.
Name Note: From "anon," a popular abbreviation of "anonymous."

Lois Yento
Position: 3B
Personality: Lois thinks everything is her fault. Everything. Even if it had nothing to do with her, if somebody finds something wrong with anything and she's within earshot, she will proceed to apologize profusely, even if she doesn't know what she's apologizing for.
Name Note: When read aloud, sounds like lo siento, Spanish for "I'm sorry."

Batting ninth will be whoever's pitching at the time. The team now has three pitchers; Sarah will start two games out of every three, and Abby is generally in relief but may occasionally start. The team does NOT use a DH at home, and on the road, the pitcher will serve that role because Schwartz doesn't understand why you need a special position for people who hit.

Sarah Propeado
Position: SP
Handed: Switch
Personality: You'd think that pitching all the time would destroy you, but Sarah has it all worked out. As someone obsessed with doing things properly, she's developed a delivery that doesn't wreck her arm. For both of them. That's all well and good, but she still has to work on the "being unhittable" thing.
Name Note: When read aloud, sounds like ser apropriado, Spanish for "to be appropriate."

Laurie Dickinson
Position: SP
Personality: Ever the drama queen, Laurie can do poetic justice to just about anything. One moment, you think you're playing a baseball game, and the next, she's holding the ball out in front of her going, "Alas, poor Yorick; I knew him well." She likes to call herself the Muse of the Fastball. Nobody else does.
Name Note: Her first name comes form the word "laureate", while her last name is taken from Emily Dickinson.

Abby Lenken
Position: RP
Personalty: Like Clarissa, Abby tends to look out of it, staring off into space or something unrelated to the task at hand. That's because she's easily distracted, and if no one thinks to yell, "Hey, you gonna throw or what?!", we could be here all day.
Name Note: Her name comes from the German ablenken, for "distracted."

Finally, the permissions box!

Choose my runscorers: Yes. Makes it hard to RP otherwise.
Choose my lineup: Yes. Not like you really have a choice, but sure. I guess you could always do the "switched roles" episode where people play different positions.
Follow my Pitching Rotation: No. Choose whoever you like to start. Maybe Kagami wants to pitch today! She was watching Sarah and thought she could pull it off...
Godmod scoring events: Yes. Amuse me. Bonus points if you can work in an emperor penguin, stork, or stick dog. You're free to decide what constitutes a "stick dog."
RP injuries to my players: Yes. I guess? They're kind of superhuman anyway, so they'll be fixed or play hurt, or something.
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes. By extension of the previous.
Eject my players: Yes. Red card? Psssh!
Godmod other events: Yes. I'm ripping off Japanese cartoons, so you ought to be afforded the same privilege.
Scorinators: Basketsim | NSFS 2.0.7.2
NSWiki: D-League
Sporting Braggery:
Champions: WC46, WB(1,4,6), BoF26, OC11, WLC6
Second: WB3, WCoH11, WLC(4,5)
Third: WC(43,48), WB2, WLC2, KC1
WC Qual: 40-50
Club Champions: GC6, IUCC(4-6,12,14,16,18-20)
Host: WB(7,10), BoF31, CoH(36+Caf,38), IBC(1-5)

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:38 pm

Choose my lineup: No
Follow my Pitching rotation Rotation: Yes
Godmod scoring events: No
RP injuries to my players: No
Eject my players: Within reason; ie, if you have a bench clearing brawl, there's bound to be some ejections.
Godmod other events: Stuff like charging the mound, bench clearing bawls is fine, but that's about it.
DH in home park: Yes

Sarzonia Stars

Manager Jim Paulsen
Bench Coach Johnny Martin
First Base Coach Clem Barker
Third Base Coach Lyle Menifee
Hitting Coach Geoff Yancey
Pitching Coach Jim Wiesen

ROSTER

Starting Rotation
12 John Morgan (RHP): Woodstock Mountaineers Led the Sarzonia League in victories with 15 and finished fourth in strikeouts with 106.
22 Charlie Palmer (LHP): Portland Fishermen Known for having the best changeup in all of Sarzonian baseball, he was named the first-ever Jim Palmer Award recipient for postseason MVP after leading the Fishermen to a Sarzonia Series crown.
27 Brian Edwards (RHP): Lexington Flight Despite the Flight's last place finish in the Incorporated League, Edwards was an 11 game winner (11-5, 2.67 ERA). He doesn't strike out many and relies on a sinking fastball to get ground ball outs.
34 Brad Baxter (RHP): Nicksia Nighthawks Baxter led the Sarzonian major leagues in wins (17), innings pitched (172) and strikeouts (156). He just pitched two days before the team assembled, so he was pushed back in the rotation.
40 Ken Sutcliffe (RHP): Portsmouth Pilots Sutcliffe is the veteran of the rotation, turning 41 at the end of the season. He's known for being a heady pitcher but he can still throw the ball past hitters when he has to.

Bullpen
32 Kenny Spencer (RHP): Saugerties Streakers Spencer is arguably the best setup man in the history of the sport in Sarzonia. He has only six saves in his career, but makes a living closing the door in the eighth inning.
29 Jay Ballard (LHP): Nicksia A specialist at getting lefthanded hitters out, Ballard made only one career start in secondary school. He threw a two-hit shutout in the state championship in that start.
33 Roger Tolliver (LHP): Avalon Aeros The lefthanded long reliever for the Aeros, he led the league with most innings pitched by a reliever (79) without making a start. His 38 appearances led the league among all relief pitchers.
17 Kerry Clark (RHP): Woodstock The leader among all of Sarzonian baseball with 29 saves, Clark has a devastating curveball and fastball. He's working on developing a change up.
39 Alvin Dryden (LHP): Rypien Rhinos Dryden is the lefty closer on the national team and will alternate with Clark depending on the opponent. Dryden led his league with 27 saves.

Position Players (starters in bold
C 10 Fred Carlton: Grovesmont Gryphons Carlton is the best defensive catcher in Sarzonian baseball. Calls a great game, threw out 44 percent of opposing baserunners. His problem: He hit .227 with only two home runs.
1B 44 Hank Everly: Woodstock Led the Sarzonian League in home runs with 37 and finished tied for second in runs batted in with 105. His batting average of .269 is lower than his coaches want.
2B 8 Dewey Griffin: Avalon The sparkplug for the Aeros, Griffin led both major leagues with 44 stolen bases and nine bunt hits. He was tied for second in the league in sacrifice hits (bunts or flies).
SS 2 Chris Spontanelli: Townshend Tigers: One of the many shortstops in the Cal Ripken mold, Spontanelli led his team with 17 homers and 81 RBI. At 6'5", he's the tallest starting shortstop in Sarzonia.
3B 9 Kate Schmidt: Bristol Bears: The only female to earn a starting spot on the national team, she hit .309 to lead her team and smacked 11 home runs.
LF 19 Tyrell Gordon: Portland Set a record for most outfield assists in college or high school baseball with 133. Had only two outfield assists this season when major league teams decided not to risk running on him.
CF 23 Drew Bradley: Avalon A speedster, Bradley is known for his graceful play in center and led his league in outfield assists with nine.
RF 24 Mark Dwight: Nicksia Not much with speed or a throwing arm, but Dwight specialises in being at the right place at the right time. He led the league with a .361 batting average.

Reserves
OF 36 Skip Hale Woodstock: Hale played in a career-high 44 games for Woodstock due to injuries to other outfielders. He's known as the best pinchhitter in the league and can serve as the starting DH if that position is available.
OF 7 Tyler Hunter Bristol: Can play either corner outfielder position, but his throwing arm is arguably the worst in the league.
C 13 Mario Salvidotti Avalon: Improving as a receiver, Salvidotti led his team with 21 home runs and 89 RBI.
IF 3 Russ Fraley Bristol Handled his demotion to reserve behind Schmidt with surprising grace and honed his skills as a shortstop so he could play short, third or first. He also is learning how to play second.
IF 5 Bryan Carroll Portland Extremely valuable asset to his team, he can play any position in the infield. Could serve as the emergency catcher if necessary.

Starting lineup (with the DH)
2B Griffin
CF Bradley
SS Spontanelli
1B Everly
DH Hale
3B Schmidt
RF Dwight
LF Gordon
C Carlton

Starting lineup (without the DH)
2B Griffin
CF Bradley
SS Spontanelli
1B Everly
3B Schmidt
RF Dwight
LF Gordon
C Carlton
P

Home colours are white and navy with silver trim. Road uniform is a dark grey with navy blue and white lettering. The third uniform is navy blue with white lettering, which is used as either a home or away uniform depending on what the other team wears.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:58 pm

QSPN.com/WBC12 Coverage

After the choke-job done at the last WBC, the new-look Pheonix attempt once again to regain their past glory. They will use the All-QCAA Team from the most recent season. For the first time, Qazox will use a 5-man rotation.

Head Coach: John Framming (San Guano State)

STARTING LINEUP: (Bats/Throws) (College in Italics)

SS- Eric Johnsen (S/L) Saxer University
    RF- David Joiner (R/R) North Qazox University
    3B- Greg Hancock (L/L) Qazox Naval Academy
    C- Sean Bragg (R/R) Gothika State University
    1B- Evan Wastin (R/R) San Guano State
    LF- Brian Manuel (S/R) San Guano State
    2B- Vaughn O'Bannon (L/L) University of Graverville
    CF- Chuck Reyes (L/L) Chuia State University
    P- (see below)

NOTE: In games in which the DH is used, the DH (Adam Figgins) will bat 3rd, and everyone else will drop down a spot in the order.

STARTING PITCHING: (throws/bats)
    Francis Errol- (RHP/R) University of Gila-Iguana
    Lonnie A'i'a'hu- (LHP/L) Qazox School of Technology
    Sean Yamamoto- (LHP/L) Monteverde University
    Mark Stairs- (RHP/R) Iguana State College
    David Segowa- (RHP/S) Gothika State University

BENCH:
1B/3B: Gregg Doone- University of Gila-Iguana
2B/SS: Trey Vander Wahl- Qazox Military Academy
C/DH: Adam Figgins- University of Qazox-Las Vitas
INF: Hank Ramierez- Vogg University
OF: Benjamin Davis- Bruxen State University
OF: Issac Griffin- University of Fromburg

BULLPEN:
Long RP (RHP): Steve Barthy- Monteverde University
Long RP (LHP): Jason Starks- St. Nash University
Middle RP (LHP): Paul Cerron- St. Nash State
Middle RP (RHP): Eric Easley- Qazox Naval Academy
Set Up (RHP): Mike Dobbs- Joehio University of Technology
Closer (LHP): Mike Rainier- San Guano State

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my lineup: follow the one i have.
Follow my Pitching rotation Rotation: YES
Godmod scoring events: no
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod injuries to my players: no
Eject my players:No
Godmod other events: No
DH in home park: No

UNIS (thanks to Tocrowkia!)
Home:

Away:

Alternate:

Home Stadia to be used.

National Stadium Capacity: 37,989:

Pheonix Stadium Capacity: 58,145:
Last edited by Qazox on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Central Prestonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Prestonia » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Prestonian National Baseball Team
The Royals

Home Jerseys:

Away Jerseys:

Roleplay Information:

DH in our home park: No
Choose my lineup: No
Follow my Pitching Rotation: Yes.
RP injuries to my players: Yes within reason
Godmod injuries to my players: Within reason and with prior discussion
Eject my players: Yes
Godmod other events: Talk to me first

No Pitchers B/T Ht Wt Age Team
67 Jorge Martinez R/R 6-0 173 31 Bermuda Buccaneers
44 Carlos Santos L/L 5-10 165 27 Hamilton Blue Sox
73 George Stevens R/L 6-2 184 25 Englewood Mantas
36 Daisuke Nakamura R/R 5-9 137 23 Xibao Tigers
41 Owen Carlton L/L 6-3 220 22 Dundee Crocodiles
30 Eric Moore R/R 6-1 210 35 Alva Razorbacks
31 John Tavers R/R 6-0 175 29 Port Charlotte Pirates
24 Harold Holmes L/L 5-10 200 27 Hudson Athletics
38 Roger Coleman L/L 6-1 202 24 Coventry Blackbirds
21 Norbert Clement R/R 6-5 240 21 Inverness Claymores
3 Juan Barrero L/L 5-8 130 19 Riverdale Raiders

Catchers B/T Ht Wt Age Team
9 Salvador Colon R/R 6-1 230 33 Andersonville Colliers
16 Alex Gordon R/R 5-11 190 26 Melbourne Eagles

Infielders B/T Ht Wt Age Team
34 David Goldman S/L 5-10 176 28 Shepparton Rams
6 Micheal King R/R 6-1 200 23 DeSoto Sharks
4 Travis Sampson R/R 6-3 225 34 Mutoka Warriors
18 Aron Sanchez L/R 6-0 180 30 Cape Town Cheetahs
1 Malcolm Reese S/L 5-9 141 22 Stanley Rebels
20 Quincy Thomas S/R 5-10 150 20 Portland Hurricanes

Outfielders B/T Ht Wt Age Team
14 Franklin Stubbs S/L 6-3 187 28 Hanjin Rockets
27 Bo Greenwell L/L 6-0 185 21 Romulus Reds
17 Enrique Estevez S/R 6-2 195 27 Bendigo Bulldogs
26 Andrew Lennox R/R 6-2 223 31 Natal Lions
25 Sean Killian R/L 6-4 235 29 Edinburgh Arrows

Designated Hitter B/T Ht Wt Age Team
33 Frank Howard R/R 6-4 245 36 Inverness Claymores

Starting Lineup:

Leading off is the speedy and powerful right fielder Franklin Stubbs, who captured his third straight Hermes Award for most stolen bases in a season this past year. If he gets on base--which he did quite often last year, posting an impressive .507 OBP--a run is practically assured.

Following him is the equally quick first baseman Micheal Goldman. While he hasn't won a Hermes yet, his steals are still impressive and his bat a solid choice for moving Stubbs over or batting him in. When he gets one to drop, it usually nets him two bases.

Batting third, second baseman Micheal King is a balanced player who has the trappings of a future perennial 30-HR slugger. At present though, his bat is more of a platoon player. Often swings for the fences, producing more flyouts and early-count strikes than his coaches would like.

In cleanup is the powerful and dangerous switch-hitting left fielder Enrique Estevez. Most of his power comes from the right side, but his 51 HR last year were enough to convince the national team scouts--and the rest of the league--that he can be effective on both sides of the plate. Let him on in the first, and it'll cost you.

Batting fifth is experienced catcher Salvador Colon. A solid defensive player, his bat leaves something to be desired, though in the heart of the order he should be good for a few sac flies and RBIs.

In the six-hole is young center fielder Bo Greenwell. An impressive rookie season this past year showed him to be a solid contact hitter, though how he'll do in the biggest of all big games is anyone's guess. Still, having played on the College Commonwealth Series champion Hudson Strobovian University team, he's no stranger to the spotlight.

In seventh is speedy shortstop Travis Sampson. Though he's one of the oldest players on the team, age has done little to blunt him and he's possibly one of the most intelligent hitters and baserunners in the league. It's been said that he never lets the same pitch by for a strike twice; whether or not this is true will be up to the opposing pitchers to find out.

Batting eighth is the third baseman Aron Sanchez. Though excellent in his defensive role at the hot corner, his bat rarely heats up to anything spectacular and he's been steady in the role of the supporting man for most of his career. One of his few outstanding qualities, though, is his remarkable ability to hit the bad ball: he may just be the only person to hit a ball nearly in the dirt for a home run.

Rounding out the lineup is the pitcher. If in a DH park, the DH bats cleanup and everyone else moves down a spot.

Pitching Rotation:

Jorge Martinez is a big, hard-throwing right hander with a high-90s fastball, mid-80s circle change, a 12-6 curve and a slider. When he has the 12-6 running well, its break makes him nearly unhittable. Control issues with his slider have made it a rarely-used pitch.

Carlos Santos is a lefty whose pitches are nothing spectacular in terms of speed, but made up for by their owner's ability to spot them almost anywhere he wants them. His curveball, usually topping out around 72 miles per hour, has been described as "knuckleball-esque" by opposing hitters for it's 11-14 inch break. His fastball and change are nothing spectacular but when used in a good sequence will give batters fits all game long.

George Stevens is another lefty whose knuckleball is the highlight of his arsenal. He has above-average control and the general consensus with him is that if you want to get ahead, bunt.

Daisuke Nakamura, a young Macanese righty, is known for having one of the fastest fastballs in the league (hitting a whopping 102 miles per hour), and a usual assortment of other pitches, but his control leaves a bit to be desired. If he stays calm, though, he'll be golden.

Owen Carlton had an outstanding rookie season with a very respectable 3.77 ERA this last year, and seems to be developing into something of a Santos-Stevens hybrid with the knuckle-curve as his signature "sit-down" pitch. His speeds are above-average, but his ability to control and locate is nothing spectacular.
Last edited by Central Prestonia on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Puzikas wrote:Machine Cult of the V8
Steel Cult of the Murdercube³
Organic Cult of the Undying Axolotl

nomine ferri, machinam, et Sanguinem
Ave.

[23:35:03] ‹feepbot› Trans|Work: I do not understand preston!

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Newmanistan wrote:Another Newmanistan trait is aggressive base stealing. Think back to the days of Vince Coleman and Ricky Henderson in their primes.

OOC: THE TARP, IT'S ALIVE!
Capital: Newport Beach, Shostakovich | Starting Quarterback: Peyton Manning #18 | Company President: Michael Bluth

Albundania
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Albundania » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:36 am

Choose my lineup: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y
Eject my players: Y
Godmod other events:Y (don't kill anyone!)
DH: N

Roster:

Starting Rotation:
1: Adam Haren (26 yrs, #21)
2: Kevin Shields (31 yrs, #01, Won All-Star MVP award this last season)
3: CC Johnson (23 yrs, #22)
4: Tim Greinke (34 yrs, #99)
5: Carlos Harden (22 yrs, #12)

Bullpen:
MR: Kevin Guzman (28 yrs)
MR: Aaron Samadzija (37 yrs)
MR: Mariano Paplebon (25 yrs)
LR: Chad Marmol (23 yrs)
LR: David Nathan (19 yrs)
Set-Up: Kevin Maddux (25 yrs)
Closer: Kerry Wood (I couldn't help myself, 32 yrs, #34)

Catchers
Jorge Posada ( 28 yrs)
Yadier Soto (23 yrs)

First Basemen
Derek Pujols (35 yrs)
Prince Cabrera (27 yrs, can play 3B, DH when DH rule is used)

Second Basemen
Jason Infante (24 yrs, can play SS)
Dustin Kinsler (35 yrs, can play SS)

Short Stop
Miguel Rollins( 23 yrs, can play 2B)
Ryan Ramirez (26 yrs, can play 2B)

Third Basemen
Kevin Young (42 yrs, can play 1B)

Out-Fielders
Vernon Suzuki (23 yrs)
Carl Soriano (25 yrs)
Hunter Upton (31 yrs)

Andre Lee (28 yrs)
Jeff Holliday (38 yrs)

Batting Order (no DH):
1: Jason Infante
2: Miguel Rollins
3: Jorge Posada
4: Kevin Young
5: Carl Soriano
6: Derek Pujols
7: Hunter Upton
8: Vernon Suzuki
9:Pitchers Spot
Last edited by Albundania on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Soccer:
World Cup:
Qualified: 52-55
Ro16: 54
QF: 55
Finalists: 53

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:14 am

The Zwangzug Zebras, version 12.0. Well...maybe 10.0. Unless...never mind.

Numbers after the teams denote their first tournament: this is mostly for personal record keeping. Handedness isn't given for everyone--eventually it will be, but it's being phased in to avoid contradictions. RPers have free rein, though I'd ask you to justify any departures from the given lineup or rotation.

The Zebras are a defensively-minded team overall, eschewing many power hitters in favor of patience at the plate. Pitchers, likewise, tend more towards finesse than speed. There is no DH used at our home stadium, the Worm Hole (located in Spenson).

Manager: Maren Ruud (102d Gray Sox). Still the most recent league-winner; you didn't think we were actually going to take this LAZY business very quickly, did you?

Starting rotation:
#20, Tristan Gronosky, L/L, Zwischen Bears, 11
#3, Norman Jakiela, Bassabook Grey Socks, 10
#11, Ari Leinwand, R/R, Nuel Panthers, 11
#25, Deirdre Palomaki, R/R, 102d Gray Sox, 11
#18, Crystal Liegler, L/R, Spenson Worms, 12

Bullpen:
#22, Gabriel Dukart (long relief), Arlington Aurora, 10
#8, Johanna Aelink (long relief), Weegham Rainmakers, 10
#26, Jerome Straugter (middle relief), L/L, Logrove Dolphins, 11
#19, Hedrick Wehrwein (middle relief), Noh Weir Red-Tails, 10
#60, Ross Connell, (middle relief), R/R, Belpub Wildcats, 12
#29, Willy Federowicz, (middle relief), R/R, Kerlagrad Dragons, 12 Raw velocity with developing control.
#7, Leslie Scripps, "closer", L/L, Inver Millers, 12 Won't necessarily come in in save situations, but instead whenever the manager deems it most important to get an out or three.

Starting lineup:
#12, Greta Orsulak, shortstop, Frischberg Flash, 10 Best-case scenario seems to be a four-pitch walk and stealing second on the fifth pitch, and her strike zone is small enough to frequently permit that.
#15, Marvin Stania, first base, Zwischen Bears, 10 Great bat control, can send the ball anywhere on the field.
#59, Jameson Lamenc, center field, FTC Mustangs, 10 Can foul off pitch after pitch--likes to tire out opponents.
#14, Murray Quashnock, right field (DH when in use), L/R, FTC Crabs, 11 A four-tool player who can hit, run, hit for power, and speak Spanish.
#6, Alison Minium, R/R, catcher, Belpub Wildcats, 11
#9, Anastasia Alperin, third base, S/R, Bassabook Grey Socks, 11 Stereotypical Zwangzug "hitter" with a batting eye that's keen to a fault.
#27, Blaise Spacchi, left field, L/L, 102d Gray Sox, 12
#10, Dennis Yeaton, second base, R/R, Noh Weir Red-Tails, 12
pitcher

Bench:
#21, Cecil Arzaga, outfield (plays right field and bats 5th when DH is in use), R/R, Logrove Dolphins, 12
#40, George Stolley, outfield, Hadiln Tigers, L/L, 12
#17, Sonia Rustrian, corner infield, L/L, FTC Mustangs, 12
#2, Irene Scircle, middle infield, R/R, Arlington Aurora, 12
#5, Constance Tidmore, catcher, R/R, 102d Gray Sox, 12

Yeah, watch us repeat first names. We're completely doing it. Because honestly, there was no good reason not to.

Oh, and we also have a wiki page. Like you care.
Last edited by Zwangzug on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Secristan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Secristan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:56 pm

The Group Draw is Presented by Loophole Life Insurance.

There are six pots, each with a company logo of some sort on it. Each pot contains the name of six nations, which are seeded by rank. Bet you didn’t know that we have a nice convenient system here of 18 nations that had a rank and 18 nations that did not.

Pot 1, sponsored by Penthoria Valley Technologies, contains the names of the six highest ranked teams in the world. They are Newmanistan, Tocrowkia, Zwangzug, Qazox, Secristan, and Taeshan.

Pot 2, sponsored by Megabyte Industies, contains the names of the next six highest ranked nations that are participating. They are Sarzonia, Liventia, Cassadaigua, Milchama, Yafor 2, and Lovisa.

Pot 3, sponsored by Incredible Buy, contains the names of the next six highest, or if you prefer, the final nations which actually have a ranking. They are Steroga, Dancougar, Vephrall, Bluth Corporation, Quintessence of Dust and Tree Hugging Lesbians.

The pots of those without a ranking were sorted alphabetically.

Pot 4, sponsored by Sleek Concrete, consists of Albundania, Barnettsville, Bostopia, Central Prestonia, Chesstaland, and Delaclava.

Pot 5, sponsored by SE Sports, consists of Fyendor, Iglesian Archipelago, O5vx, Oreington Canada, Palmouth, and Peso Grande.

Pot 6, sponsored by McDaniels, consists of Pokemonman, Quakmybush, The Babbage Islands, Uiri, Vlasi, and Warner Channel.

(Once drawn, teams arranged alphabetically within their group)

Group A:
Cassadaigua (9)
Delaclava (NR)
Peso Grande (NR)
Secristan (5)
Vephrall (17)
Warner Channel (NR)

Group B:
Albundania (NR)
Dancougar (16)
Newmanistan (1)
Oreington Canada (NR)
Sarzonia (7)
Vlasi (NR)

Group C:
Bluth Corporation (18)
Bostopia (NR)
O5vx (NR)
The Babbage Islands (NR)
Yafor 2 (11)
Zwangzug (3)

Group D:
Chesstaland (NR)
Fyendor (NR)
Liventia (8)
Qazox (4)
Quakmybush (NR)
Quintessence of Dust (19)

Group E:
Barnettsville (NR)
Milchama (10)
Palmouth (NR)
Pokemonman (NR)
Taeshan (6)
Tree Hugging Lesbians (26)

Group F:
Central Prestonia (NR)
Iglesian Archipelago (NR)
Lovisa (13)
Steroga (14)
Tocrowkia (2)
Uiri (NR)

The official schedule is sponsored by the Secristan Department of Tourism:

MD1- July 16- 1 at 4, 3 at 2, 6 at 5
MD2- July 17- 5 at 4, 1 at 2, 6 at 3
MD3- July 18- 4 at 6, 1 at 3, 2 at 5
MD4- July 19- 3 at 4, 2 at 6, 5 at 1
MD5- July 20- 4 at 2, 6 at 1, 3 at 5
MD6- July 21- 4 at 1, 2 at 3, 5 at 6
MD7- July 22- 4 at 5, 2 at 1, 3 at 6
MD8- July 23- 6 at 4, 3 at 1, 5 at 2
MD9- July 24- 4 at 3, 6 at 2, 1 at 5
MD10- July 25- 2 at 4, 1 at 6, 5 at 3

Playoffs:
Round of 16 G1- July 27
R16 G2- July 28
R16 G3- July 29
Quarterfinal G1- July 30
QFL G2- July 31
QFL G3- Aug. 1

Semis G1- Aug. 3
Semis G2- Aug. 4
Semis G3- Aug. 5

Final & 3rdP G1- Aug. 7
Final & 3rdP G2- Aug. 8
Final & 3rdP G3- Aug. 9
Final G4- Aug. 10
Final G5- Aug. 11

Expect cutoff times between 5 and 6 PM Eastern US time or 2200-2300 UTC; except for on Thursday nights. On Thursdays, cutoffs will be around 9 PM.

Barnettsville
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2009

Postby Barnettsville » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Schedule Announced for WBC 12
Jason Capowski, Capital City Journal Sports Director

SECRISTAN-The groups for the twelfth edition of the World Baseball Classic were announced today, and the Red Hurricanes may have dodged somewhat of a bullet in their group placement; they avoided all of the top five teams in the world, and drew only two top-10 teams. The 'Canes schedule, with projected starters:

Game, opponent (Rank)(Starter)
Game 1: at Pokemonman (NR) (Garry Barnett, Jr.)
Game 2: at Milchama (10) (Aaron Wilson)
Game 3: at Palmouth (NR) (Matt Goodman)
Game 4: vs. Taeshan (6) (William Monaghan)
Game 5: vs. Tree Hugging Lesbians (26) (Barnett, Jr.)
Game 6: vs. Pokemonman (Wilson)
Game 7: vs. Milchama (Goodman)
Game 8: vs. Palmouth (Monaghan)
Game 9: at Taeshan (Barnett, Jr.)
Game 10: at Tree Hugging Lesbians (Wilson)

When informed of the schedule, pitcher Garry Barnett, Jr. remarked, "I'm looking forward to pitching the opening game, but the game I'm REALLY looking forward to is Taeshan -- to take on one of the best in the world. My hope is that it's a winner takes the group situation." All games will be broadcast in Barnettsville on the Hurricane Radio Network, and televised on BSN. President Barnett has been offered and has accepted broadcast duties for three of the group stage games: the opener at Pokemaniman, the game at Taeshan, and the home opener against Taeshan.
Last edited by Barnettsville on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barnettsville Embassy Application Barnettsville Facts
History of Barnettsville Professional Sports Venues Barnettsville Sports News

BARNETTSVILLE/LYCRABON SPORTING HISTORY:
WBC 12 (Quarterfinals), WBC 13 (Round of 16), Games of the IV Summer Olympiad, 1st Gordonopia Cup (Group A 3rd), Baptism of Iron III (Quarterfinals), World Bowl VIII
Host of WBC 17 and 24 (as Lycrabon), WBC 20 Champion (as Lycrabon)

Bluth Corporation
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bluth Corporation » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:43 pm

Bluth Corporation Schedule for World Baseball Classic 12 Finalized
Bluth Corporation will be making its second-ever appearance in the World Baseball Classic with an all-star team drawn from the highest levels of the Bluth Corporation professional leagues. Bluth Corporation was drawn into Group C, putting it against several teams new to the world stage as well as eleventh-ranked Yafor 2 and third-ranked Zwangzug. Each team will be played twice, once at home and once on the road; Bluth Corporation's home games will be played at Ramius Field in Newport Beach.

Game 1: @ The Babbage Islands
Game 2: @ Bostopia
Game 3: @ O5vx
Game 4: vs. Yafor 2
Game 5: vs. Zwangzug
Game 6: vs. The Babbage Islands
Game 7: vs. Bostopia
Game 8: vs. O5vx
Game 9: @ Yafor 2
Game 10: @ Zwangzug

Manager Red Schoendienst admitted that he did not have the pitching rotation lined out yet, explaining that he was waiting to learn the schedule first. However, he did note that it was likely that ace starter Dwight Fish would start for both games against Zwangzug, though if a playoff position had already been locked up he might not play the tenth game so he would be available for a game in the opening-round playoff series.

OOC: Shit, I drew ZZ...

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:27 pm

X Island Inquirer

Another year and that means that once again for the ninth time in the teams history the Purple Knights of Taeshan will journey upon the quest for the trophy that is given to the Champion of the World Baseball Classic. Officially many predict that the Knights are finally due to win it, and have also named the team as best team never to win a championship, and yes that has been their nameplate for many years in the great sport that is baseball. As the nations number 2 favorite sport it has always been enjoyed by Little Leaguers of the world, and hopefully soon you will all see the Purple and Gold waving a trophy of glory in front of their fans at home and around the world.

Once again the stadium on Quarant Xa'virt, that is Quarant Xa'virt Sphark Stadium will host all Knights home games in the 400,000 seater they have called home for so many years. Every year the stadium is of course trounced with snow, but the ice is also known to be the bringer of wins for the Knights, hopefully once again it can prove worthy of its land. This year the teams it will be playing host to at some point are as follows Pokemonman, the vile Palmouthians, Barnettsville, and only two other ranked team who have netered before, number 26, the land of the Lesbians, Tree Hugging Lesbians and old enemy Milchama number 10 in the world. The Knights are currently ranked 6th in the world and top in their group.

This of course gives the Knights many advantages, but it gives the same advantages to many other teams. First off the top seeded teams in most groups will only have to wade through the bottom feeding newbies, and will probally only have to contend with the other ranked team, and a newbie or two in their group. All, but the Milchamans in the Knights group look to be easy wins for the Knights and i soundly predict that an advancement to the playoffs will be very easy for the Knights to achieve. I say a record of at least 9-1 which means that hopefully the Knights can prove to make it to the finals with hopefully a good match in the final stages.

Schedule
Vs Tree Huggin Lesbians Starter, Alexis Reallis
@ Pokemonman Starter, Zeke Peters
VS Milchama Starter, Alen Willemson
@ Barnettsville Starter, Coi Vexcen
VS Palmouth Starter, Alexis Reallis
@ Tree Huggin Lesbians Starter, Zeke Peters
VS Pokemonman Starter, Alen Willemson
@ Milchama Starter, Coi Vexcen
VS Banettsville Starter, Alexis Reallis
@ Palmouth Starter, Zeke Peters
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Vephrall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Vephrall » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:45 pm

VEPHRALL
AURIC WOLVES

STARTING LINEUP

Pos B/T ## Name                Age Team        AVG  OBP  SLG  HR  RBI  SB
1B L/L 34 Lit Clinered 34 Solonds .375 .509 .729 29 107 1
C R/R 7 Handbosm Cilleng 34 Siellal .322 .413 .640 24 82 0
RF L/L 15 Fyls Celtuars 28 Netlas .345 .398 .652 21 97 21
LF L/L 27 Dreditars Dustele 28 Netlas .318 .402 .685 28 104 8
3B R/R 19 Speocacks Scezes 28 Meice .338 .415 .570 20 77 2
CF R/R 26 Ostalir Gicks 28 Pallona .322 .386 .554 17 58 28
2B L/R 30 Vaphiris Giisost 26 Solonds .279 .368 .571 18 80 4
SS R/R 43 Sutred Tyssits 38 Knolees .274 .328 .545 21 78 0
PITCHER

STARTING ROTATION

Pos B/T ## Name                Age Team         W-L   ERA WHIP   K  BB
SP R/R 14 Pitski Whaariny 32 Solonds 10-2 2.13 1.03 107 12
SP L/L 28 Colin Lain 29 Siellal 8-2 1.51 1.05 118 24
SP R/R 18 Mopukest Bunsars 25 Gloem 10-1 2.12 1.04 167 32
SP R/R 9 Seketre Rilin 32 Solonds 4-6 3.69 1.51 91 45
SP R/R 16 Nore Cuizamed 27 Gloem 6-2 3.54 1.33 93 24

BENCH

Pos B/T ## Name                Age Team        AVG  OBP  SLG  HR  RBI  SB
OF L/L 44 Sorrah Crublig 28 Gloem .339 .465 .710 13 48 1
OF R/R 48 Tidus Crublig 23 Flaarickug .304 .413 .608 24 103 3
OF S/L 4 Cuizamed Denosone 35 Siellal .324 .401 .608 18 87 14
C L/R 8 Izorigor Prorim 29 Knolees .314 .400 .500 9 63 1
IF R/R 17 Tolspong Wassaraat 27 Pallona .327 .377 .660 29 117 0
IF L/R 31 Vaphiris Giisost 26 Knolees .279 .368 .571 18 80 4
IF R/R 52 Cinerne Preptyrs 27 Meice .336 .402 .575 17 72 0

BULLPEN

Pos B/T ## Name                Age Team         W-L   ERA WHIP   K  BB
RP S/R 41 Spelaad Rutako 34 Solonds 1-0 1.14 1.06 27 4
RP R/R 45 Taclik Apyrphung 25 Speilers 5-1 1.59 1.24 57 19
RP R/R 25 Scunt Edroklis 33 Tuffir 5-1 1.76 1.19 96 25
RP R/R 32 Nastadgus Pipletone 30 free agent 5-1 2.20 1.27 48 14
RP L/L 24 Ebrulefa Angufams 36 Knolees 1-4 2.74 1.45 53 22
RP L/L 13 Cothasat Wismalies 32 Speilers 3-3 1.24 1.02 65 17
RP L/L 21 Misina Sorn 25 Tuffir 5-1 1.88 1.04 79 13

As if you couldn't already tell, the DH is not used at the Auric Wolves' home stadium, Suns Stadium in Netlas, home of (predictably enough) the Netlas Suns. When we do have to use a DH, Cuizamed Denosone will serve that role. He will bat 5th, with everyone from there down moving down one position.

A diagram of the home park:

Please adhere to my batting order and starting rotation, but beyond that it's up to y'all.
Last edited by Vephrall on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Clenoncyg Vephrall — Current status: ACTIVE
Creator of NSFS (latest v3.0.0)
as Bedistan: Host of World Cups 8/18/27; WC 21/26/27/30 Champions
as Vephrall: Host of World Cups 38 and 43
World Cup Committee President (19?-24, 40-42, 52-54)
* Han gives Krytenia some Bostopian magazines
<Krytenia> I'M FREE TO READ WOMEN'S MAGS ON MY BREAK AGAIN!

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:33 pm

THE ROCKET REPORT

PLAY BALL!

Pocono City- World Cup qualifying got you down? Don’t worry, because pretty soon we will be playing baseball once again on the world stage and making countries pay for any and all disappointment we endure in the world’s football here on the diamond. Unfortunately, nations such as Nethertopia, Capitalizt SLANI, and Macoksla have such pathetic baseball programs or even completely non-existent ones that we cannot directly take out our aggravation on them. Instead the victims will have to be Dancougar, Sarzonia, Oreington Canada, Albundania, and Vlasi. We feel sorry for all of you. Really. Because the Rockets are an angry #1 ranked team. They were terrible in the World Cup of Hockey and disappointing in the World Cup qualification, but now, this is thing they call the World Baseball Classic is our territory. We are also hungry. We have been to the final in four of our five appearances with a third place finish in the other. It is a track record of dominance and one the Empire has no intention of releasing the grasp on. With the playoffs taking place across the Penthoria River in Secristan and our fans knowing the tricks and trades of winning Secristani auctions for good seats better then most.

We’re glad to see that Dancougar is making an effort to become a baseball power. The wandering mind of Abby Lenken is always a joy to watch. When Carrie Nicolette steps into the box to face her, we hope Abby is up for it because Carrie intimidates the best of starting pitchers, including the likes of Steve Jamison and Tommy Thunder. Dancougar will also get a double dose of Stacey Keisler. Keisler, who likes to make guarantees with opponents has already guaranteed that she will win both starts. In addition, Keisler says that, “It will be so bad for them that they’ll offer to give us the Bird on Skates back in exchange for mercy out on the baseball field.” Sarzonia is good, but reports have it that they are still selling “sweep” shirts from having beaten us twice during World Bowl 6 qualifying. Come on guys, World Bowl 6 is ancient now. They may have won those games, but we did get to the championship there, unlike Sarzonia who lost to, oh screw it, don’t feel like looking that up. They lost to someone. Then we have the Blue Crew of Albundania, Oreington Canada and Vlasi. These nations have never participated before and now they are going to have to play us. The best advice to them we have is to watch and learn for future reference.

Sarah Boland, who has retired from international play is still making her voice heard saying that, “The Rockets will win 9 out of 10 easily and probably go undefeated.” We were going to be nice, but like we alluded too, we are angry and we are hungry. And without World Cup Proper, our media has more time to give to baseball. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports