NATION

PASSWORD

General Sports Roleplaying Questions (OOC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Like that :)
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:56 am

How do I get to the irc channel? Just downloaded mirc as client, but I can't make heads or tails of this, even with a tutorial.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Carmadin
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:02 am

Ko-oren wrote:How do I get to the irc channel? Just downloaded mirc as client, but I can't make heads or tails of this, even with a tutorial.

click this, put what you want your name to be in "Nickname", type "#nssport" in "channel", and hit connect ;)
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Karditan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Karditan » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:17 am

Ko-oren wrote:How do I get to the irc channel? Just downloaded mirc as client, but I can't make heads or tails of this, even with a tutorial.

I'm not entirely sure how it's done in mirc, but if you can find a way to attach to the EsperNet server (it's just "/attach irc.esper.net" in chatzilla, but that's chatzilla), then do "/join #nssport". The join command should be fairly universal in the various clients. The main hurdle is figuring out how to connect to the server.
Champions: -n/a-
Runner-up: BoF 46; WBXX
Qualified for WC63
Hosted: WBXX; WBXL
<Audio> I'm singling out Karditan for reasons that should be fucking obvious after the past twelve months
<Karditan> Sssshh, some people haven't caught onto our man love, Audio.
<Audio> I'm drunk, I'll express my manlove for whomever I damned well please
<Karditan> And now, for a stirring rendition of the Equestrian States national anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmVWvOC_2HU
<Audio> why did I even click on that?
<Nephara> why did I expect that to be
<Audio> what was I expecting?
<Nephara> anything other than it was
Nephara clears internet history

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:21 am

Code: Select all
/server irc.esper.net
/join #nssport
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:36 am

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm now connected via esper.net
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:10 am

I have two questions.

So the scorinator chooses who wins? And if so, then what do we RP IN the event?
Last edited by Horusland on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:15 am

HorusLand wrote:I have two questions.

So the scorinator chooses who wins? And if so, then what do we RP IN the event?

You RP the results as per the scoreline given for that particular match. You then get a minor scorination bonus for your RP (quality-dependent, usually) in order to help you in the next match.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:19 am

a) Yes. Almost always it is "weighted" in its decision by the three Rs of nssport; randomness, RP bonus, and rank.

b) As long as you don't go against the results the scorinator produced, or against the permissions allowed to you by your opponent (who can get injured, who can score goals, etc), almost anything you want. In some of out larger events, some users choose not to RP anything to do with the sport at all. Sometimes its a blow by blow account of the crucial moment of the context, sometimes its a first person account of the players being nervous before the event. I can think of nothing better right now for you to see the huge range of RP styles we have here, than to have a flick and a read through the current World Cup RP thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=181143
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:21 am

So, the scorinator chooses the results and I just go along with it? Hmmm...
Thanks!
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:25 am

HorusLand wrote:So, the scorinator chooses the results and I just go along with it? Hmmm...
Thanks!

It's not like a war or politics or whatever else goes on in NS or II - the scorinator allows us to still be fans of games with ups and downs. They give us the result, we make up how that result happened - it means the godmodding of 'taking no losses' can't exist in NS Sports. Which is nice :D
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:28 am

Starblaydia wrote:
HorusLand wrote:So, the scorinator chooses the results and I just go along with it? Hmmm...
Thanks!

It's not like a war or politics or whatever else goes on in NS or II - the scorinator allows us to still be fans of games with ups and downs. They give us the result, we make up how that result happened - it means the godmodding of 'taking no losses' can't exist in NS Sports. Which is nice :D

Great! Also, do I NEED a scorinator? I really am no downloading anything anymore. And this won't be an exception.

Carmadin
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:33 am

HorusLand wrote:
Starblaydia wrote:It's not like a war or politics or whatever else goes on in NS or II - the scorinator allows us to still be fans of games with ups and downs. They give us the result, we make up how that result happened - it means the godmodding of 'taking no losses' can't exist in NS Sports. Which is nice :D

Great! Also, do I NEED a scorinator? I really am no downloading anything anymore. And this won't be an exception.

Not unless you're hosting an event, RPing in a tournament hosted by another nation means they will scorinate everyone's results.
However, a scorinator is nice to have, if you plan on scorinating domestic leagues, or running your own tournaments.
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:45 am

Carmadin wrote:
HorusLand wrote:

Not unless you're hosting an event, RPing in a tournament hosted by another nation means they will scorinate everyone's results.
However, a scorinator is nice to have, if you plan on scorinating domestic leagues, or running your own tournaments.

Thanks! Last question.
Is there an official racing event? Like the World Cup is the BIGGEST football (or, like some people call it, soccer) event, is there one for racing with cars?

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:54 am

Depends on what kind of racing you're looking for, stock cars (NASCAR-style) or open wheel (IndyCar or Formula 1 style).
Слава Україні!

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:06 am

Liventia wrote:Depends on what kind of racing you're looking for, stock cars (NASCAR-style) or open wheel (IndyCar or Formula 1 style).

Priority 1: Anything that does not have only oval tracks, but all sorts of turns. I love those.
Priority 2: I'd prefer stock cars, but I don't care much about the type of car.
Last edited by Horusland on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:15 am

For stock car racing, NSSCRA is considered the world championship; open signups are here.
For Formula One-style racing, the World Grand Prix Championship was the last active world championship; it is currently dormant although I do have plans to run its 11th season starting in the autumn.
Слава Україні!

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:18 am

Liventia wrote:For stock car racing, NSSCRA is considered the world championship; open signups are here.
For Formula One-style racing, the World Grand Prix Championship was the last active world championship; it is currently dormant although I do have plans to run its 11th season starting in the autumn.

So there are none with actual tracks, and not just puny ovals?

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:22 am

HorusLand wrote:
Liventia wrote:For stock car racing, NSSCRA is considered the world championship; open signups are here.

Formula One-style racing does not use ovals. So technically, yes, although a world championship for racing on "road circuits" does exist, it isn't currently active and won't be for a while yet.
Слава Україні!

Whittoria
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Whittoria » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:27 pm

HorusLand wrote:

The NSSCRA is primarily ovals. I'd like it to be an even mix of track types (super speedways, intermediates, short tracks, and road courses) as we have an eleven race schedule. While one person has committed to entering a road course right now no one has officially signed up with one. All the more reason to put in your own though!
I did the football and racing thing. I also was good at writing dumb stuff.

WAC is still going. You should join.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:34 am

In NS Sports, are there only the normal sports? Like football, american football, tennis, besketball, etc.?
Or are there other things? Other kinds of competitions?
Because NS Sports is 103 pages long. That seems a bit much for only the sports I'm thinking of.

Also, is there an official tennis tournament? Or snooker?

Licentiapacisterra
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Licentiapacisterra » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:43 am

HorusLand wrote:In NS Sports, are there only the normal sports? Like football, american football, tennis, besketball, etc.?
Because NS Sports is 103 pages long. That seems a bit much for only the sports I'm thinking of.

Also, is there an official tennis tournament? Or snooker?

There are quite a lot of sports around here. Not only are there the standard sports that you mentioned, but there are more obscure ones, and quite a few made up sports, such as Babbage Rules and Community Football.

I'm pretty sure there was a tennis tournament at some point, but I'm not sure whether it's still going. I'm not sure whether there's a scorinator for snooker to be honest, so I don't think there's been a snooker tournament. I'm sure someone more experienced than me will pop up if I'm wrong.
This nation has now been reformed as the Licentian Isles. Please direct anything intended for me to that nation.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:37 am

HorusLand wrote:In NS Sports, are there only the normal sports? Like football, american football, tennis, besketball, etc.?

Apart from anything else, we've also held several Quidditch World Cups... ;)
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:29 am

Thanks, Licentiapacisterra (LOL, I spelled it perfectly on the first try!) and Bears Armed.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:58 am

Bears Armed wrote:

Apart from anything else, we've also held several Quidditch World Cups... ;)

We need to do that again. Perhaps when the next HP-related thing comes out to grab the interest.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports