NATION

PASSWORD

General Sports Roleplaying Questions (OOC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sat May 26, 2012 11:01 pm

Sensal wrote:Though understandably a more of a sports roleplaying community, I find that most sports events and even teams on these forums lack something major that's in every RL event/team. A corporate sponsor of somesort. You see it with the almost every major sporting event, the commercials, the ads and when it comes to teams you see the corporate logo plastered right on the players' shirts.

So this is my question, what's the official status of corporate advertising when coming to NS Sports?

Your question has been answered pretty well before I saw it, but I want to weigh in on your, er, finding. Just to explain one perspective in this, some of us are glad to have a chance to simulate a sports league that doesn't have corporate sponsorship, but is based in the love of one's community and the free association of people to jointly develop their minds and bodies with playful competition.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Sun May 27, 2012 2:27 am

Sensal wrote:Though understandably a more of a sports roleplaying community, I find that most sports events and even teams on these forums lack something major that's in every RL event/team. A corporate sponsor of somesort. You see it with the almost every major sporting event, the commercials, the ads and when it comes to teams you see the corporate logo plastered right on the players' shirts.

So this is my question, what's the official status of corporate advertising when coming to NS Sports?

The beauty of NS is that if people want to come up with companies, corporations, their industries and their logos to plaster all over their competitions, teams, boots, or whatever, then they can. Those who don't bother, don't bother. Simple :)
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Carmadin
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Sun May 27, 2012 1:23 pm

Free South Califas wrote:

Your question has been answered pretty well before I saw it, but I want to weigh in on your, er, finding. Just to explain one perspective in this, some of us are glad to have a chance to simulate a sports league that doesn't have corporate sponsorship, but is based in the love of one's community and the free association of people to jointly develop their minds and bodies with playful competition.

Hear, hear! I hate corporate sponsorship, and try to keep it as far away from my sports as I can
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sun May 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Carmadin wrote:
Free South Califas wrote:

Hear, hear! I hate corporate sponsorship, and try to keep it as far away from my sports as I can

I'd like to have one of my country's trade unions or collectives sponsor a tournament, but I'm not so great with the graphics.
FSC Government

Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Sun May 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Filopines wrote:
Ko-oren wrote:A pre-WC-qualifying national football team competition, that I completely dominated finished second last time. (Assuming last time was Market Cup V.)

What happened to it?

Mangolana, the founder, hasn't put another one up yet? If he wants to, he will get around it.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Englonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Englonia » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:44 pm

when i scan a semicolon delimited list into xkorinate the competitors dont appear! why is this happening to me?
The Commonwealth of Englonia
Amor Nunquam Mori, (our love (for this country) can never die)
Join my game show!
Attention Esportivans, wanna race?

the war on nirvana
IC
OOC

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:55 pm

I was wondering the same thing, Englonia...haven't figured out what the delimiting characters are
FSC Government

Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
Flag
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Kardashiana
Lobbyist

Founded: May 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kardashiana » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:06 am

I'm sorry if other people have already asked this.
I see on International Incidents and F7 people posting threads titled things like "(OOC) Survive the Zombie Apocalypse" or "(OOC) Fight the Evil Goblins" or things like that. And they have signup sheets, and people sign up with a character's name, occupation, nationality and things like that.

I want to do something like that, but in this forum, called something like "(OOC) Sign up for the Kardashiana national basketball team!" and people can post with their player/character's name, stats, position, experience and things like that. And then, hopefully, my country will have a full RP basketball team! (Made up of non-native players, of course, but that's what the Republic of Georgia did when they hired Brazilians to represent them in beach volleyball in the last Olympics. Remember?) And then my team can play in tournaments or whatever.

Can I do that? And is this the right forum for it?
Are you a regional founder or WA delegate who would like Kardashiana
to be a member of your region? Please telegram me or click here!

Would you immigrate to a nation ruled by Kim Kardashian? Vote Here!

(I'm based more on Nasim Pedrad's impression of Kim Kardashian
on "Saturday Night Live" than on the real Kim Kardashian.)

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:17 am

It is, as I understand it. The "(OOC)" tag is fine but not necessary in this context, as you are in fact recruiting characters for an IC team, not recruiting nation-states to an OOC tournament. Still, if you want to make it OOC, or just have an OOC section of your post where you explain the Georgia thing, that's up to you.
FSC Government

Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
Flag
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Kardashiana
Lobbyist

Founded: May 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kardashiana » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:35 am

Free South Califas wrote:It is, as I understand it. The "(OOC)" tag is fine but not necessary in this context, as you are in fact recruiting characters for an IC team, not recruiting nation-states to an OOC tournament. Still, if you want to make it OOC, or just have an OOC section of your post where you explain the Georgia thing, that's up to you.

But I can do that? And this is the right forum to do it, not F7 or II?
Are you a regional founder or WA delegate who would like Kardashiana
to be a member of your region? Please telegram me or click here!

Would you immigrate to a nation ruled by Kim Kardashian? Vote Here!

(I'm based more on Nasim Pedrad's impression of Kim Kardashian
on "Saturday Night Live" than on the real Kim Kardashian.)

Free South Califas
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:01 am

Yes, but you should know that you don't need to have a roster before you sign up for tournaments. I usually do it the other way around, personally.
FSC Government

Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
Flag
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Englonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Englonia » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:24 am

Free South Califas wrote:I was wondering the same thing, Englonia...haven't figured out what the delimiting characters are

well i have alredy made the list and im having trouble getting it into xkorinate. so anyone, can you plz help me?
The Commonwealth of Englonia
Amor Nunquam Mori, (our love (for this country) can never die)
Join my game show!
Attention Esportivans, wanna race?

the war on nirvana
IC
OOC

Carmadin
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:53 am

Englonia wrote:
Free South Califas wrote:I was wondering the same thing, Englonia...haven't figured out what the delimiting characters are

well i have alredy made the list and im having trouble getting it into xkorinate. so anyone, can you plz help me?

I would suggest followibg the link in the OP of this thread to the Scorinators OOC discussion. Some players much more knowledgeable than I about the subject should be able to help you out there.
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:17 pm

I have been searching around and didn't found any competition like the X-Games so, I'd like to ask if any country has made any competition involving sports such as skateboarding, street football and snowboarding.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:34 pm

Northern Sunrise Islands wrote:I have been searching around and didn't found any competition like the X-Games so, I'd like to ask if any country has made any competition involving sports such as skateboarding, street football and snowboarding.

Here:

NS XGames I

NS XGames II

NS Winter XGames I

Guess you didn't look hard enough. ;)
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Camwood
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Camwood » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Kardashiana wrote:I'm sorry if other people have already asked this.
I see on International Incidents and F7 people posting threads titled things like "(OOC) Survive the Zombie Apocalypse" or "(OOC) Fight the Evil Goblins" or things like that. And they have signup sheets, and people sign up with a character's name, occupation, nationality and things like that.

I want to do something like that, but in this forum, called something like "(OOC) Sign up for the Kardashiana national basketball team!" and people can post with their player/character's name, stats, position, experience and things like that. And then, hopefully, my country will have a full RP basketball team! (Made up of non-native players, of course, but that's what the Republic of Georgia did when they hired Brazilians to represent them in beach volleyball in the last Olympics. Remember?) And then my team can play in tournaments or whatever.

Can I do that? And is this the right forum for it?
That would actually be F7._
The Republic of Camwood
Demonym: Camian | Trigramme: CMW | Population: 80 Million
Air Camwood
cbcsport.cmw
Champions of:
Keisler Cup - U13 Baseball Tournament
Fourth
WLC 12
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." -Wayne Gretzky

Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:24 pm

I'm thinking of starting an International Boxing League RP. Could someone walk me through the basics and nuances of xkorinate?
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Wight
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wight » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Last edited by Wight on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
::: WIGHT :::
BECAUSE REASONS

Kitsunetsuki
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Question?

Postby Kitsunetsuki » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Would a 1930's era air race belong here, or in international incidents?

Aldares
Diplomat

Founded: May 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Can anyone explain to me the NS FootySim and it's formula input to me?

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Kitsunetsuki wrote:Would a 1930's era air race belong here, or in international incidents?

Probably II, sounds interesting though.

Aldares wrote:Can anyone explain to me the NS FootySim and it's formula input to me?

Formula input? I'd be happy to help but the version of nsnfs i'm using has a user inteface, so requires no creating of input at all. Unless you mean the skill/style marks? In which case, simple.

You can set the maximum skill at the top of the window, most people set it as 100 I believe, and then the skill of the team is simply how good it is. Closer to the max skill, the more chance of winning. Style is about how defensive or offensive teams are, from -5 as the most defensive, to 5 as the most offensive.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mapletish » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:14 pm

Kitsunetsuki wrote:Would a 1930's era air race belong here, or in international incidents?

A 1930 era air race hmm,more of II if it is more of Rp then result base,but more of NS Sports if it is a result based want.
The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XIV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

Aldares
Diplomat

Founded: May 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Polar Islandstates wrote:

Probably II, sounds interesting though.

Aldares wrote:Can anyone explain to me the NS FootySim and it's formula input to me?

Formula input? I'd be happy to help but the version of nsnfs i'm using has a user inteface, so requires no creating of input at all. Unless you mean the skill/style marks? In which case, simple.

You can set the maximum skill at the top of the window, most people set it as 100 I believe, and then the skill of the team is simply how good it is. Closer to the max skill, the more chance of winning. Style is about how defensive or offensive teams are, from -5 as the most defensive, to 5 as the most offensive.

Could you direct me towards the NSFS with a user interface?

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Sadly, I cannot, as I downloaded it a looooooong time ago. There should be a link somewhere in the later pages of the scorinator questions thread, which is also sticked. Or some kind soul will pop up with a link...
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Earent
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Earent » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Try here?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports