NATION

PASSWORD

Scorinators (OOC Discussion)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Kita-Hinode
Diplomat
 
Posts: 610
Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Koana Islands wrote:I've been searching for days but have finally given up and decided to ask for help. Can anybody send me the link to the website that allows you to scorinate soccer/football results? It looks like this:

(Image)


I don't know if we should count it as scorination in all honesty. I remember using that once for a test and it just felt basic/cramped.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands

User avatar
Free Republics
Minister
 
Posts: 2831
Founded: May 03, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Free Republics » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:38 pm

While its perfectly fine to use that leaguesimulator.eu site or FM or FIFA or even just make up scores for a domestic league, they probably shouldn't be used for international tournaments.
Games of the XIII Olympiad Host / NS Olympic Council President
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
3rd: World Cups 71 & 81, DBC 29, UWCFC Gold Cup III, GCoS 1
Qualified: World Cups 68, 69, 71, 72, 73, 79
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII & XXXI, WBC 42, RUWC 25, Beach Cup XI, World Korfball Classic III, Runner Cup 7
Current Senior Consul: Kyle Bolton (Liberty)
Current Junior Consul: Scarlett Nicholls (Liberty)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
List of Scorinators and other related programs

User avatar
Joshenia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 44
Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Joshenia » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Free Republics wrote:While its perfectly fine to use that leaguesimulator.eu site or FM or FIFA or even just make up scores for a domestic league, they probably shouldn't be used for international tournaments.

FM is a pretty advanced football simulator you know. FiFA is no way a simulator

User avatar
Kita-Hinode
Diplomat
 
Posts: 610
Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:08 pm

Joshenia wrote:
Free Republics wrote:While its perfectly fine to use that leaguesimulator.eu site or FM or FIFA or even just make up scores for a domestic league, they probably shouldn't be used for international tournaments.

FM is a pretty advanced football simulator you know. FiFA is no way a simulator

Can't factor the RPs, which are kind of the meat of International Tournaments. Likewise with leaguesimulator.eu.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands

User avatar
Wuriya
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 407
Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Wuriya » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Hello, Does tutorial books for use scorinator program?
------------------------------
FactbookEmbassy ProgramGaruda Wuriyan
Trigram: WRY | Location: Southeast Asia | Population: 97,450,000

User avatar
Listel
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Aug 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Listel » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:44 pm

So probbaly really nooby question but I have the sport I want open and what do I do now?

User avatar
Squornshelan Remnant States
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 119
Founded: Jun 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Squornshelan Remnant States » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:09 pm

Listel wrote:So probbaly really nooby question but I have the sport I want open and what do I do now?


You might get more answers if you specify which scorinator you are asking for help with.
The Confederacy of Squornshelan Remnant States
True Democratic Successor to the nation of Squornshelous
Trigram: SRS
KPB Ranking: 16.32 (44th)
World Cup 31 Champions
World Cup:
Runners Up: WC15 & WC38
Third Place: WC20, WC25
4th Place: WC18, WC27
Quarterfinalist: WC5, WC11, WC12, WC22, WC30, WC32, WC33, WC34, WC40
Second Round: WC6, WC7, WC9, WC16, WC21, WC23, WC24, WC28, WC36, WC37, WC39
Qualifier: WC8, WC10, WC13, WC17, WC19, WC26, WC29, WC35, WC41
Did not Qualify: WC14, WC81, WC82, WC83
Did not Participate: WC42-WC80
Cup of Harmony:
Quarterfinalist: CoH6, CoH73
Second Round: CoH 74
Other:
BoF68 Quarterfinalist
IAC6 Second Round
IAC7 Second Round

User avatar
Kita-Hinode
Diplomat
 
Posts: 610
Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Wuriya wrote:Hello, Does tutorial books for use scorinator program?

Well, I did this one back in the day... If you got any questions, don't hesitate.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands

User avatar
95X
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1158
Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Capitalist Paradise

Re: Scorinators

Postby 95X » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:42 pm

Saw something that tangentially relates to scorinators and thought I'd share.

A Pew Research study states the percentage of adults in the United States that own and use a smartphone exceed those who use a desktop or laptop computer: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... of-growth/

Additional data says 20 percent of the US Adult population uses only a phone to access the internet: http://www.pewinternet.org/fact-sheet/mobile/ (Scroll down to "Smartphone dependency over time")

Obviously, a survey of those 18-plus in only one country isn't necessarily indicative of NS users. But I will mention that the community-accepted scorinators we do have (namely, xkoranate and NSFS) were programmed by members of NS Sports that had the talent and inclination to do so.
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan, except:
Jay Inslee for WA Governor
Carolyn Long for WA-3

No on WA I-976
Atlantian Oceania. The Place.
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4 & 7 Champions!

User avatar
Free Republics
Minister
 
Posts: 2831
Founded: May 03, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Free Republics » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:32 pm

95X wrote:Saw something that tangentially relates to scorinators and thought I'd share.

A Pew Research study states the percentage of adults in the United States that own and use a smartphone exceed those who use a desktop or laptop computer: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... of-growth/

Additional data says 20 percent of the US Adult population uses only a phone to access the internet: http://www.pewinternet.org/fact-sheet/mobile/ (Scroll down to "Smartphone dependency over time")

Obviously, a survey of those 18-plus in only one country isn't necessarily indicative of NS users. But I will mention that the community-accepted scorinators we do have (namely, xkoranate and NSFS) were programmed by members of NS Sports that had the talent and inclination to do so.


The numbers are much likely larger worldwide (or even just in the English-speaking world in general) since the United States is a relatively wealthy country and I'd say there's a definite need given how frequently people have asked whether they can run xkoranate on their iPhone, Android phone or Chromebook.

At some point, I'd like to create a web-based scorination platform capable of scorinating the Olympics which would have some kind of an account system (collecting only the minimum amount of data necessary to fulfill its functions and using a secure system to store passwords) and the ability to save results in a database. If I ever get around to creating this (and its still a ways off), I'd release the code publicly and probably introduce it with a large multi-sport tournament of some kind.

Supporting both iOS and Android requires the creation of two completely different but equivalent apps, likely written in 2 completely different programming languages, and paying an annual fee to Apple to release the app on their app store (the only way to get software on an iOS device) and possibly paying a one-time fee to Google (which is required to release an app on Google Play, though Android allows apps to be installed from other app stores or even by being downloaded directly from the web).
Games of the XIII Olympiad Host / NS Olympic Council President
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
3rd: World Cups 71 & 81, DBC 29, UWCFC Gold Cup III, GCoS 1
Qualified: World Cups 68, 69, 71, 72, 73, 79
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII & XXXI, WBC 42, RUWC 25, Beach Cup XI, World Korfball Classic III, Runner Cup 7
Current Senior Consul: Kyle Bolton (Liberty)
Current Junior Consul: Scarlett Nicholls (Liberty)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
List of Scorinators and other related programs

User avatar
North Quadana
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 47
Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby North Quadana » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:55 pm

So, I tried to add the SGIS formula to the formulas on xkoronate, but I can't seem to find out how to do that. Can someone please help me?

User avatar
Tinhampton
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5068
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:11 pm

North Quadana wrote:So, I tried to add the SGIS formula to the formulas on xkoronate, but I can't seem to find out how to do that. Can someone please help me?

Yeah, I had this exact same problem last year. Does the below code, my end result after a couple of hours of publically wondering at the time, work?
Code: Select all
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <sport version="0.3">
        <name>Association football—SGIS formula</name>
        <discipline>Association football</discipline>
        <event>SGIS formula</event>
        <scorinator /> <!-- only one scorinator is needed for this event -->
       
        <paradigm>sqis</paradigm>
        <paradigmOptions>
          <double type="constantA">0.11</double>
          <double type="constantB">0.08</double>
          <double type="homeAdvantage">1.223333333333</double>
          <double type="homeAdvantageGG">0.123333333333</double>
          <int type="attacks">12</int>
          <double type="etAttackCoeff">0.293333333333</double>
          <int type="shootoutLength">5</int>
          <double type="goldenGoalProb">0.4</double>
          <double type="shootoutProb">0.65</double>
          <int type="pointValues">1</int>
          <double type="attackCoeffs">1</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleCoeffA">2.0000000000000</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleCoeffB">1.2000000000000</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleExponent">-0.23705203296846</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleOffset">0.102435335725325</double>
          <string type="tableHeaderGoalsFor">GF</string>
          <string type="tableHeaderGoalsAgainst">GA</string>
          <string type="tableHeaderGoalDifference">GD</string>
          <list type="tiebreakers">
             <string>extratime</string>
             <string>shootout</string>
          </list>
          <list type="tiebreakerNames">
             <string>AET</string>
             <string>pen.</string>
          </list>
        </paradigmOptions>
       
       <!-- the style modifier distribution is a bit wonky because negative modifiers are less likely to take effect -->
        <dataPoints name="style">
          <dataPoint pos="0">-3</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="0.4">-1</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="0.5">0</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="0.65">0</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="1">3</dataPoint>
        </dataPoints>
    </sport>

* Mayor: Saffron Howard (UCP; libertarian)
* Foreign Minister: Ryan Terrence (TLP)
* WA Delegate-Ambassador: Alexander Smith (NatSov)
* WA Assistant: Bianca Venkman (IntFed)
* Nat'l Football Team Manager: Harta-Yunal Den (QUS)
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (trigram TIN, pop. 319,372) — OOC: Who is she, really?
Author: SC#250, SC#251, SC#267
Football: Cup of Harmony 73 Champions - KPB rank 37th (18.05pts), UICA rank 59th (6pts)

User avatar
North Quadana
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 47
Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby North Quadana » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:47 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
North Quadana wrote:So, I tried to add the SGIS formula to the formulas on xkoronate, but I can't seem to find out how to do that. Can someone please help me?

Yeah, I had this exact same problem last year. Does the below code, my end result after a couple of hours of publically wondering at the time, work?
Code: Select all
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <sport version="0.3">
        <name>Association football—SGIS formula</name>
        <discipline>Association football</discipline>
        <event>SGIS formula</event>
        <scorinator /> <!-- only one scorinator is needed for this event -->
       
        <paradigm>sqis</paradigm>
        <paradigmOptions>
          <double type="constantA">0.11</double>
          <double type="constantB">0.08</double>
          <double type="homeAdvantage">1.223333333333</double>
          <double type="homeAdvantageGG">0.123333333333</double>
          <int type="attacks">12</int>
          <double type="etAttackCoeff">0.293333333333</double>
          <int type="shootoutLength">5</int>
          <double type="goldenGoalProb">0.4</double>
          <double type="shootoutProb">0.65</double>
          <int type="pointValues">1</int>
          <double type="attackCoeffs">1</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleCoeffA">2.0000000000000</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleCoeffB">1.2000000000000</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleExponent">-0.23705203296846</double>
          <double type="NSFSStyleOffset">0.102435335725325</double>
          <string type="tableHeaderGoalsFor">GF</string>
          <string type="tableHeaderGoalsAgainst">GA</string>
          <string type="tableHeaderGoalDifference">GD</string>
          <list type="tiebreakers">
             <string>extratime</string>
             <string>shootout</string>
          </list>
          <list type="tiebreakerNames">
             <string>AET</string>
             <string>pen.</string>
          </list>
        </paradigmOptions>
       
       <!-- the style modifier distribution is a bit wonky because negative modifiers are less likely to take effect -->
        <dataPoints name="style">
          <dataPoint pos="0">-3</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="0.4">-1</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="0.5">0</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="0.65">0</dataPoint>
          <dataPoint pos="1">3</dataPoint>
        </dataPoints>
    </sport>


I had the code, but i can't seem to find out where should i put it.

User avatar
95X
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1158
Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Capitalist Paradise

Re: SGIS file

Postby 95X » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:57 pm

North Quadana wrote:I had the code, but i can't seem to find out where should i put it.
If you open the folder xkoranate is contained in, you should see a folder named "sports". Inside that folder is a folder called "associationfootball"; incursive is yet another called "associationfootball". That folder should have three files: "football_footba11er.xml", football_nsfs.xml" and "football_sqis.xml". You want to save the SGIS code as the file "football_sgis.xml".

When you re-open xkoranate, SGIS should now appear as an option.
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan, except:
Jay Inslee for WA Governor
Carolyn Long for WA-3

No on WA I-976
Atlantian Oceania. The Place.
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4 & 7 Champions!

User avatar
North Quadana
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 47
Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby North Quadana » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:27 am

95X wrote:
North Quadana wrote:I had the code, but i can't seem to find out where should i put it.
If you open the folder xkoranate is contained in, you should see a folder named "sports". Inside that folder is a folder called "associationfootball"; incursive is yet another called "associationfootball". That folder should have three files: "football_footba11er.xml", football_nsfs.xml" and "football_sqis.xml". You want to save the SGIS code as the file "football_sgis.xml".

When you re-open xkoranate, SGIS should now appear as an option.


Thanks.

User avatar
Starblaydia
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 4079
Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:22 am

I shared this the other day for the folks in the North Pacific, who are setting up their own World Cup having done some messing around, by way of giving them some advice with how xkoranate works to get things going for them. I took one of Zwang's posts, one that I've used myself as guidance, and fleshed it out a little, added some screenshots, and came up with: xkoranate for Dummies.

Interested to see what the community at large thinks of the guide, and if it's missing anything in regard to starting a football tournament.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30 & 63 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Six-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

AO4LIFE

User avatar
Baranil
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 110
Founded: Oct 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Baranil » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:24 am

Hey all, is there a way that I could make my speedway league where 6 riders compete in each heat with a race lasting 14 heats and riders score 5 pts for winning a race, 4 pts for coming second, 3 pts for coming third, 2 pts for coming fourth, 1 pt for coming fifth and nothing for coming sixth?

It may sound a bit complicated but there's 252 points available in a race with both teams getting a minimum 42 of those points (so the highest possible victory would be 210-42), the code for how to do this is all I need.
"Baranil is renowned for its drinking age of 13 for beer, 14 for wine and 15 for all other alcoholic beverages, as well as thousands upon thousands of bars and pubs, and its national shared love for football of course."

Current RP Population - 7,201,724
Government - Right Wing Populist.
Sports - Football, Field Hockey, Baranillian Boxing and Motorcycle Speedway.

User avatar
Commonwealth of Baker Park
Diplomat
 
Posts: 776
Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Starblaydia wrote:I shared this the other day for the folks in the North Pacific, who are setting up their own World Cup having done some messing around, by way of giving them some advice with how xkoranate works to get things going for them. I took one of Zwang's posts, one that I've used myself as guidance, and fleshed it out a little, added some screenshots, and came up with: xkoranate for Dummies.

Interested to see what the community at large thinks of the guide, and if it's missing anything in regard to starting a football tournament.


This is excellent for anyone who might be a bit intimidated by the program and how to use all of the variables. I learned a lot of this by trial and error, but I still picked a couple of things I didn't know reading this.
Soccer--Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5) Champions
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII Third Place (co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83 Round of 16
World Cup 80 Group Stage
Football--NSCF 18 Mineral Conference Champions
playoff quarterfinalist
NSCF 19 & 20 Mineral Conference Champions

User avatar
Starblaydia
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 4079
Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:48 am

Commonwealth of Baker Park wrote:
Starblaydia wrote:I shared this the other day for the folks in the North Pacific, who are setting up their own World Cup having done some messing around, by way of giving them some advice with how xkoranate works to get things going for them. I took one of Zwang's posts, one that I've used myself as guidance, and fleshed it out a little, added some screenshots, and came up with: xkoranate for Dummies.

Interested to see what the community at large thinks of the guide, and if it's missing anything in regard to starting a football tournament.


This is excellent for anyone who might be a bit intimidated by the program and how to use all of the variables. I learned a lot of this by trial and error, but I still picked a couple of things I didn't know reading this.

Thanks BP, glad it helped.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30 & 63 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Six-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

AO4LIFE

User avatar
Pratapgadh
Envoy
 
Posts: 218
Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pratapgadh » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:48 pm

Are there any scorinators that work on Chromebooks?
  • 18th in GCF 20-20 Rankings
  • Baptism of Fire 69 - Round of 24 (Defeated by Eraman)
  • 2nd Baker Park Open Cup - 4th Place (Defeated by Joshenia in the 3PPO)
  • Rugby League World Cup XVIII - Quarter-finals (Defeated by Abanfleft)
  • 9th In Rugby League Rankings
  • [url]Rugby League Team Dispatch[/url]



User avatar
Lisander
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1221
Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Lisander » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:23 pm

Pratapgadh wrote:Are there any scorinators that work on Chromebooks?


Scorinators based on Google Spreadsheets work in Chromebooks.

Yet, to use xkoranate, you'll need some way to emulate Windows.
The Principality of Lisander
Sports Newswire | Guilde des Graphistes | Fencing

User avatar
Qusmo
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 366
Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Qusmo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:18 pm

Pratapgadh wrote:Are there any scorinators that work on Chromebooks?

I've heard good things about https://www.leaguesimulator.eu/, though I haven't used it myself. It has been used for scorinating one's own domestic leagues & seems adequate for that purpose, but I don't think it's powerful enough to be used for any sort of international tournament, from what I've seen.
Hello, there! My name's Qusmo. Here's my sportswire/RP portfolio. If you see something of mine that's particularly good or particularly poor, feel free to let me know what I should make sure to keep doing or to not do again. Thanks!

Support: Good things
Against: Bad things
Neutral: Other things

User avatar
Free Republics
Minister
 
Posts: 2831
Founded: May 03, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Free Republics » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:38 pm

Lisander wrote:
Pratapgadh wrote:Are there any scorinators that work on Chromebooks?


Scorinators based on Google Spreadsheets work in Chromebooks.

Yet, to use xkoranate, you'll need some way to emulate Windows.


Xkoranate will also run on Mac OS and Linux (and also any OS that supports its graphics framework).

It may be possible to run xkoranate on ChromeOS if there's a way to install Qt Creator and compile the xkoranate source code but getting it to compile on Linux with a modern version of Qt requires replacing and/or commenting out some function calls that have been deprecated and removed from the framework (in other words, you have to make some minor changes to the source code and doing this probably requires at least an intermediate level of programming).
Last edited by Free Republics on Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games of the XIII Olympiad Host / NS Olympic Council President
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
3rd: World Cups 71 & 81, DBC 29, UWCFC Gold Cup III, GCoS 1
Qualified: World Cups 68, 69, 71, 72, 73, 79
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII & XXXI, WBC 42, RUWC 25, Beach Cup XI, World Korfball Classic III, Runner Cup 7
Current Senior Consul: Kyle Bolton (Liberty)
Current Junior Consul: Scarlett Nicholls (Liberty)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
List of Scorinators and other related programs

User avatar
Pratapgadh
Envoy
 
Posts: 218
Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pratapgadh » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:31 pm

Are there any excel sheet scorinators for kabaddi, football and other sports?
Last edited by Pratapgadh on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • 18th in GCF 20-20 Rankings
  • Baptism of Fire 69 - Round of 24 (Defeated by Eraman)
  • 2nd Baker Park Open Cup - 4th Place (Defeated by Joshenia in the 3PPO)
  • Rugby League World Cup XVIII - Quarter-finals (Defeated by Abanfleft)
  • 9th In Rugby League Rankings
  • [url]Rugby League Team Dispatch[/url]



User avatar
Apl0n
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Dec 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Apl0n » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:46 pm

Free Republics wrote:
95X wrote:Saw something that tangentially relates to scorinators and thought I'd share.

A Pew Research study states the percentage of adults in the United States that own and use a smartphone exceed those who use a desktop or laptop computer: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... of-growth/

Additional data says 20 percent of the US Adult population uses only a phone to access the internet: http://www.pewinternet.org/fact-sheet/mobile/ (Scroll down to "Smartphone dependency over time")

Obviously, a survey of those 18-plus in only one country isn't necessarily indicative of NS users. But I will mention that the community-accepted scorinators we do have (namely, xkoranate and NSFS) were programmed by members of NS Sports that had the talent and inclination to do so.


The numbers are much likely larger worldwide (or even just in the English-speaking world in general) since the United States is a relatively wealthy country and I'd say there's a definite need given how frequently people have asked whether they can run xkoranate on their iPhone, Android phone or Chromebook.

At some point, I'd like to create a web-based scorination platform capable of scorinating the Olympics which would have some kind of an account system (collecting only the minimum amount of data necessary to fulfill its functions and using a secure system to store passwords) and the ability to save results in a database. If I ever get around to creating this (and its still a ways off), I'd release the code publicly and probably introduce it with a large multi-sport tournament of some kind.

Supporting both iOS and Android requires the creation of two completely different but equivalent apps, likely written in 2 completely different programming languages, and paying an annual fee to Apple to release the app on their app store (the only way to get software on an iOS device) and possibly paying a one-time fee to Google (which is required to release an app on Google Play, though Android allows apps to be installed from other app stores or even by being downloaded directly from the web).

Ik i'm very late, but if you do this, do not release on galaxy apps. It's a breeding ground for viruses.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pratapgadh

Advertisement

Remove ads