NATION

PASSWORD

World Grand Prix Championship 20 [RP/Results Thread]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Mon May 15, 2023 12:53 pm

V. V is for Vetinari

"This story started more than 40 years ago. When most of the things on the car were, in fact, mechanic. There were no thermic energy recovering panels, Carbon Fibre, Imagination, Eco-Fuels, nothing like this. The things were much less expensive. At the time, we didn't need that much money to run a team, and tyres had a longer life. Well, on the other side, we had much less opportunities to drive, in fact. AstyF1 has more than 20 races each year. WGPC more than 10, if we include the test and non-championship events. Back in the time, we had three big races in Lisander. The Mil Milhas in the Soria Circuit was the biggest one. Circuit de Soria was a victim of real estate speculation in the 1980s, much to the chagrin of thousands of fans."

Paolo Vetinari, a man in its late 70s, had a kind of satisfaction in showing people his memories and memorabilia. He walked side to side with Anneliese Devereux around his "second garage", a small building in the back of his mansion in Soria. The place was filled with car parts hanging in the walls and above countertops, sharing space with newspaper clippings and framed photos. In the center of the room, a dark blue formula car, from the days when racing cars didn't even have front and back wings yet. It was very clean, with no sign of dust. Paolo had always been very proud of his past as a racing driver.

"The thousand miles race was the big event of a time before the racing circuits. We started by night, and ended in the following day. And it was pretty much a madness, because there were all kinds of cars competing. By that time, the single-seates were just starting. The Grande Prêmio in the Kasandora Basses was the most prestigious one, made to be the Lisanderian equivalent to the Grand Prix of Monsa. This one was the dream race. Just imagine. 1 million Lis. That was a lot of money in those days! Later in the sixties, Camden Automobile bought a big chunk of land near to their then-factory and built the Circuit de Sirenia, and only fifteen years later, Brax Circuit and Circuit de Grandeville made into life. Here, Look at this. This is a photo of when I won the first Grand Prix de Sirenia. I'm the one in the right. I can't remember in what lap this was, probably it wasn't in the race even, because the other drivers here, Pedro Belluno, Mário Vargas, both were driving SGA Commodores, and back in the time, Camdens were so much better."

Anneliese followed patiently the stories of Paolo, partly because he was her sponsor, but partly because she had a genuine interest in cars, since the first time she saw them in action with her own eyes. She looked back at the car in the small platform, but then she noticed something a little bit different. There was a racing simulator in that warehouse. It wasn't uncommon for her friends to have bought structures to training and Sim Racing. In fact, she had one. But what made that case a little different were the details. It was mounted inside a period car, in a corner. Paolo Vetinari was an elder, and despite looking like having the somewhat slow and frail body most elders have, using a walking cane here and there, his bearing was still haughty. She wondered if that cane wasn't just for show.

"So, Anneliese. We expect you to keep our legacy from now on, within team Eminent. I started a beautiful story decades ago. My son took a different way in life, choosing the books instead of the wheels, and I'm proud for him. It seems like each generation is the opposite of the next. I'm happy that he could find you to be our first driver on this new era. My old feet can't push a real throttle as before, but thanks to the technology, maybe could we drive classic cars together some day in the Simulator, what do you think?"

Anneliese Devereux accepts the Eminent offer.
Last edited by Lisander on Sun May 21, 2023 2:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Mon May 15, 2023 1:08 pm

Eelandii Grand Prix Course, Eelandii, Turori :: With iBen Toralmintii busy moonlighting as an NSSCRA Driver for Team Tropicorp in the WGPC offseason, and Juracai Klianiota busy defending their title in the AOCAR Stock Car Series, much of the preparation within Race Eelandii! Vilita and Turori World Grand Prix Motorworks for the 20th World Grand Prix Championship Season has fallen to Technical Director Intoreil Palmsti'i. There has been much for Palmsti'i to do, as well, particularly on the driver lineup side of the house. There had been plans for Race Eelandii! VTGP to expand downward into the Atlantian Oceania Grand Prix circuit - but now there are questions as to whether they will even have enough drivers to do so. While TJUN-ia's Lane Carter returns to the #1 Seat for Race Eelandii! VTGP in Season 20, the teams second driver Gregori Krupin has taken a leave from competition and will not be competing for the team this season. That would normally open the door for the teams test driver to move into a driving role on race days, however Daryl Mizushima has also stepped away in order to focus on things back in their native Squidroidia.

So now Race Eelandii VTGP has been tasked with filling not one... not two... but possibly as many as 3 seats with an open Race Seat for WGPC Season 20 as well as a Test Driver slot which could also become an AOGP Drivers Seat. While the World Grand Prix Circuit will begin its 20th season with a test event for confirmed drivers and teams at the Eelandii Grand Prix Course, Race Eelandii VTGP will also use the opportunity to evaluate at least five drivers who are currently free agents and have submitted prospective race driver packages to Intoreil Palmsti'i. Those five drivers come in two forms, the experienced World Grand Prix drivers Olivia Stone and Cocoabo #23, and the rookie hopefuls looking to snatch a 2nd seat or test role to gain experience at the World Grand Prix level as a springboard to a potential career as a WGPC Driver. Those newcomer trialists are Danielle Bugatti Johnsilvatur, Sandro Perez and Julita Lérida. It is believed the Race Eelandii will have 3-4 chassis on hand and may split the test up into two groups, with former WGPC Driver, AOCAR Champion and Race Eelandii Principle Juracai Klianiota piloting one to set a baseline and to see how the drivers perform from up close.

Klianiota will be in town not just to oversee the activities at one of the most important race weeks of the season at the Eelandii Grand Prix Course, but also to compete in the iROS - Race of Stars event which will kick off its 4th season at the circuit following the conclusion of the first day of testing for the World Grand Prix Championship cars. The five-race shcedule is likely to move back to a couple of tracks on the NSSCRA Circuit after kicking things off in Eelandii before returning to be co-resident with the WGPC circuit later in the campaign. While no official dates have yet been announced, it is believed that all circuits after the mid-way point in the season are being considered as potential companion events. No two seasons of iROS have exactly the same circuits, and only two of the circuits on the WGPC Season 20 calendar have ever hosted an iROS event: The Talbott Autodrome in Liventia and the Hwoarang Racing Circuit in Togonistan. Of the other potential venues, iROS has held prior events in Hapilopper and Aboveland, but neither the Hapilopper City Grand Prix Circuit nor the Fjellutfordring were the venue for those events. Some have suggested the Fjellutfordring could be pitched as a potential season ending event which would be a deviation from tradition if the Vilitan Mountain Challenge Course does not return as the championship round of the AOGP circuit. It has also been rumored that R.L. Cruisin, already at the track for the WGPC Test session, could be the host nation entry to the iROS kick off event despite being of Vilitan heritage as iBen Toralmintii and Juracai Klianiota are both already qualified as full time drivers on the circuit - but there has as of yet been no confirmation on this move from iROS officials.

Fifth harmony harmoniser nation
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 30, 2022
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Fifth harmony harmoniser nation » Mon May 15, 2023 4:37 pm

Danielle Bugatti Johnsilvaturr accepts the invitation to Urotovsky-Gatutin's private testing session.
icly Jonjastan (see my factbook)

my about me so that you can choose whether to interact with me: kpop stan, minor, genshin player, straight male

Huayramarca
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 02, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Huayramarca » Mon May 15, 2023 5:18 pm

Ricardo Schmidt was nervous about his performance during the trainings with Sivaleinen, it is comprehensible as it is his first experience for a potential WGPC racer spot. His heartbeat was surprisingly high, his hands were shaking, but he said to himself “Richard, take it easy! It is the time to prove my real talent.” Then, some words from detractors and fans came to his mind “Your parents bought you a spot in WGPC 2”, “He has some interesting potential.” Then, somebody walked and said “Welcome, Ricardo, to Sivaleinen. Thank you for coming for this test process, good luck!” He stood up, shook hands, and said “Pleasure is mine. Thank you for considering me for the process.”

He thought that it was done, he failed completely during the tests, and that meant that there wasn’t future anymore for him in racing, as he would have to come back to Huayramarca to work in the family business… Something he despised as “didn’t let him express himself” the Sivaleinen representative asked him to go to his office, Ricardo’s heart got crazy as he nodded and walked. He continued to talk with himself, and said “Did I really did a great test?” He rubbed his hands, adjusted his glasses, and sat in the office of the representative. In complete silence, he listened and stopped thinking.

“Alright, Ricardo. You showed a lot of promise in our WGPC car, nice cornering and confidence while driving, although you lacked aggressiveness, something that it is a big plus for this tournament.” Ricardo sighed, and cleared his foreface from sweat, “Do you want some water?” said the representative, Ricardo said “Please.” As the representative asked for water, Ricardo talked and said, “You’re right, I lacked aggression while driving… Pretty much a customary thing from me as I took my parents cars to drive instead of going to shop.” The representative laughed, then said “Time to move forward!”

Ricardo then said “Damn… You’ve thrown your own chances to the trash can with those words, unbelievable…” Then the representative continued “You didn’t seem to be comfortable while driving those WGPC 3 cars, why?” Ricardo was sincere and said, “I’m used to quickness, I needed something faster to work with and use my creativity to get the best times possible.” The representative noted that, then added “You need to work with strategy. We aren’t like street racing nor the WGPC 2, we need to plan more, to stick to a different set of scenarios made by our engineers to achieve the best results possible.” Ricardo nodded.

“So, he thinks that I can’t plan anything? I’m doomed.” Ricardo thought for himself, then the representative said “We see talent in you, we see potential for the next couple of years… That’s why we want to offer you a reserve driver role for you.” Ricardo thought again “A spark of hope, at least…” Then the representative said “We want to work with you, meanwhile, you can get accustomed to the strategy required to be an official driver of this team. We will work you to transition from a promise to a great driver. What do you think?”

Ricardo’s ambition is something that must be noted across the most important episodes of his life. He is used to get what he wants immediately, as his family had raised him in that way; pretty much the norm in a typical aristocratic family, although he wants to get rid of that label by being different to his family… His mother has been quite strict with him after Ricardo asked, “Why I can’t have fun as a normal child?” He has been deprived of fun activities, that’s why he pressed to be in the WGPC, he just wants to have some fun, to be away from his family and develop an independent personality, far away from any potential household influence.

That meant that Ricardo was still wondering if accepting or not the invitation by Sivaleinen, which sounded to be a serious one, one that showed some care for his future, and any potential plan from Schmidt to forge a career in the WGPC. The water was delivered, he drank and thought “Shall I accept this or keep trying to achieve my dream in WGPC?” Then, he remembered some words from Gabriel, one of his friends, who told him “If you don’t want to achieve your dreams, no matter the cost, then, why are you still alive?” he thought “Alive… I want to be free and live my life for once. Away from my family, from that horrible business, from that dumb mindset of my family… I want to shine with my own light.”

Ricardo talked and said I will put my decision on hold. I want to keep testing and see if I can get a main driver seat. that meant that he didn’t rejected Sivaleinen, to the contrary, he appreciated their consideration towards him, the preference to be a part of a solid team… Although, it was a matter of seeking a meaning of life, to achieve a dream and get out of a toxic environment he doesn’t want to belong anymore. So, Ricardo Schmidt is open to any trial or testing as he wants to achieve his lifelong dream.

Population: 36 million, demonym: Huayramarcan, capital city: Chuquiago languages: Spanish, Quechua, Aymara + 6

CAFA VII Champions

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hapilopper » Mon May 15, 2023 5:24 pm

Eelandii Grand Prix Course, Eelandii, Turori
The morning of the first pre-season test
Marty Lewis walked out to the pit garages and a huge smile came about his face. For the first time in some time, the World Grand Prix Championship was starting up, and the series, as well as Preston Autos’ involvement in it, was stronger and healthier than ever. Preston, along with 13 other teams, was getting ready to contest a 10-race series where it seemed like anyone would be a winner – and anyone could be a threat at any time. Already, pit road and the garages were a flurry of activity, where each of those 14 teams were getting ready to see just how well their off-season preparations had done, and Marty took a moment to observe each of them.

Of note, he stared over to the Sivaleinen LCR and UrGa garages. To him, those two teams were more than just competitors in the WGPC, and more than just customers. They were proof that what he was doing, and what Preston was doing was the right thing and on the right track for success in the World Grand Prix Championship – and proof that Marty, and Preston, had come so far with this team, and with this WGPC program. It was almost all he could do to keep his emotions as he saw Preston mechanics scurrying in and out of both garages as he thought about several years before, when he was placed in this role.

It wasn’t a role he wanted when he first got it. Several years ago, after a particularly hard night of partying and drinking, Marty was forcibly woken up by a couple of Preston representatives at his house in Hapilopper City, the morning after embarrassing both himself and the Preston automaker. He was called into Shawn Hammer’s office, where both he and Jim Preston gave him an ultimatum – clean up your act or you’re gone, and on top of that, here’s an assignment. Sink or swim.

From the ground up, Marty was tasked with building a Grand Prix organization, building a car powered by a Preston engine of some sort. He was tasked with finding a facility and hiring staff. He was tasked with finding drivers and securing contracts.

He had several options for an engine – a high-revving 2.4 liter V8 engine purpose-built by Preston was the first that came to mind. But as he looked at it, it seemed like it had little relevance to what people drove. Nobody in Hapilopper drove a car with an engine that revved to 20,000 RPMs and required several computers to get started. So that was out the window.

The next option was a 270-cubic inch inline-four cylinder engine that Preston Performance had built decades ago, an engine based off a 100-year old design but remained competitive for generations. But Preston didn’t want to run 100-year old tech in the World Grand Prix Championship, even if the engine was still competitive, and even if the engine sounded angry sitting on the line. So that, too, was out the window.

The third option was a stock car engine, a 5.8 liter V8 engine that was effectively the same engine that Team Blue built for their NSSCRA cars. And Preston executives seemed to like it at first – a rumbling Hapiloppian V8 that was already a proven powerhouse. But upon doing feasibility studies – namely, trying to fit the engine in a modern-day Championship Car, the staff figured the engine just wouldn’t fit. So that, too, was right out.

The last option was the engine that Preston had built for certain customers competing in the Hapilopper City 500 open-wheel race, a 3.43 liter V6 engine, based off the engine in a Preston Skychief. The engine appeared to fit and packed quite a punch, but still needed quite a lot of development. Marty took that option on and with gusto, too.

But that first season was difficult. At the end of the season, the record will show that Rudy Edwards had a mathematical chance to win the World Grand Prix Championship on the last race of the season, and the record will show a fourth place finish for Preston, its first time out, in the WGPC. But it doesn’t show how it got there. It doesn’t show how Preston Autos was considering pulling the plug before those midseason non-championship races that William Archer won. It doesn’t show how the morale completely changed when Preston started running up front. And it doesn’t show Marty’s, and Preston Performance Products’, efforts to turn the Skychief V6 from a raw, powerful but questionable power plant into the most talked-about engine in Grand Prix racing.

All of that weighed on Marty’s mind as he saw the Sivaleinen LCR and UrGa teams working. Then he looked over and saw his crew, the Preston team of hotrodders, dirt track guys and misfits, just like him, getting ready for this pre-season test – preparing both cars 5 and 96, for Rudy and William, for the start of what looked to be such a magnificent season. Such a difficult season. Such a tough road ahead. But damn it, it was going to be worth it.

These were people that Marty had plucked from drag strips across Hapilopper – the people that knew how to get the most power out of a compact package. These were people that had come from dirt tracks, guys that had worked on sprint cars and dirt late models, and knew how to harness incredible power into a controllable vehicle. These were people that came from the wrong side of the tracks, but they bonded together, realizing they were capable of something great. You didn’t hear of incidents involving the Preston Grand Prix crew. You didn’t hear of infighting, nor did you hear of ridiculous stupidity that, in another series, would have peppered a TJUN-ian’s list of memeable moments.

It was such a great story, and it was something Marty was so proud of. In this, the most advanced form of motorsport in the multiverse, where certain teams and cars operated on the leading edge of the future, Preston Autos had proven that it was still possible to compete with – and beat – the best of the best – using know-how and technology that the average motorist could use in their everyday life. And on top of that, there were other teams that had taken advantage of that technology. The fact that Preston was a serious contender for victory, and the fact that there were teams that had a great shot at victory using that same technology, that was proof that Marty and his band of merry men were doing something right.

Last edited by Hapilopper on Mon May 15, 2023 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Aboveland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2013

Postby Aboveland » Mon May 15, 2023 7:04 pm

for Pre-Season Test 1 at Eelandii Grand Prix Course

Aboveland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2013

Postby Aboveland » Mon May 15, 2023 7:13 pm

Week 1: Pre-Season Test 1 (AM Session)
Conditions:      	Dry
Lap Record: 00:01:22.409
Session Length: 180 minutes
Nation: V&T
Circuit: Eelandii Grand Prix Course

Drivers have 180 minutes to complete as many laps of the track as they like

POS # ▍DRIVER                           	FASTEST LAP	GAP TO LEADER
1 25 Jordan Crowe 00:01:29.160 00:00:00.000
2 7 Anneliese Devereux 00:01:29.162 00:00:00.002
3 12 Darian Vilau 00:01:29.166 00:00:00.006
4 14 Skiia Vialiv 00:01:29.170 00:00:00.010
5 17 Janne Laukkanen 00:01:29.171 00:00:00.011
6 10 Lillý Náttmörðsdóttir 00:01:29.171 00:00:00.012
7 50 Sara Luna 00:01:29.172 00:00:00.012
8 42 Sophie McCreary 00:01:29.173 00:00:00.013
9 51 R.L. Cruisin 00:01:29.173 00:00:00.013
10 33 Sam Blaatschappen 00:01:29.175 00:00:00.015
11 94 Ryker Lane 00:01:29.180 00:00:00.020
12 37 Laura Haukanna 00:01:29.184 00:00:00.024
13 9 Batu Tüvshinbayar 00:01:29.188 00:00:00.028
14 13 Ji So-Yeong 00:01:29.191 00:00:00.031
15 1 iBen Toralmintii 00:01:29.198 00:00:00.038
16 19 Dom Falepeau 00:01:29.199 00:00:00.039
17 71 Brendan Faloe 00:01:29.209 00:00:00.049
18 5 Rudy Edwards 00:01:29.211 00:00:00.051
19 87 Bryce Yannec 00:01:29.239 00:00:00.079
20 28 Aaron Deering 00:01:29.248 00:00:00.088
21 88 Ted Pressley 00:01:29.265 00:00:00.105
22 11 Lane Carter 00:01:29.266 00:00:00.106
23 91 Kingston Walcott 00:01:29.284 00:00:00.124
24 84 Angela Stella 00:01:29.347 00:00:00.187
25 40 Adriana Kowalski 00:01:29.689 00:00:00.530
26 96 William Archer 00:01:32.027 00:00:02.867

Week 1: Pre-Season Test 1 (PM Session)
Conditions:      	Cloudy
Lap Record: 00:01:22.409
Session Length: 180 minutes
Nation: V&T
Circuit: Eelandii Grand Prix Course

Drivers have 180 minutes to complete as many laps of the track as they like

POS # ▍DRIVER                           	FASTEST LAP	GAP TO LEADER
1 13 Ji So-Yeong 00:01:29.596 00:00:00.000
2 94 Ryker Lane 00:01:29.599 00:00:00.004
3 33 Sam Blaatschappen 00:01:29.602 00:00:00.006
4 84 Angela Stella 00:01:29.602 00:00:00.007
5 12 Darian Vilau 00:01:29.604 00:00:00.008
6 37 Laura Haukanna 00:01:29.613 00:00:00.018
7 17 Janne Laukkanen 00:01:29.617 00:00:00.021
8 7 Anneliese Devereux 00:01:29.619 00:00:00.023
9 1 iBen Toralmintii 00:01:29.619 00:00:00.024
10 96 William Archer 00:01:29.626 00:00:00.031
11 51 R.L. Cruisin 00:01:29.641 00:00:00.045
12 91 Kingston Walcott 00:01:29.642 00:00:00.046
13 28 Aaron Deering 00:01:29.649 00:00:00.053
14 71 Brendan Faloe 00:01:29.678 00:00:00.083
15 19 Dom Falepeau 00:01:29.698 00:00:00.102
16 10 Lillý Náttmörðsdóttir 00:01:29.707 00:00:00.112
17 25 Jordan Crowe 00:01:29.713 00:00:00.118
18 14 Skiia Vialiv 00:01:29.730 00:00:00.134
19 9 Batu Tüvshinbayar 00:01:29.745 00:00:00.149
20 87 Bryce Yannec 00:01:29.747 00:00:00.152
21 50 Sara Luna 00:01:29.772 00:00:00.177
22 88 Ted Pressley 00:01:29.783 00:00:00.187
23 5 Rudy Edwards 00:01:29.916 00:00:00.321
24 42 Sophie McCreary 00:01:30.026 00:00:00.430
25 40 Adriana Kowalski 00:01:30.047 00:00:00.451
26 11 Lane Carter 00:01:30.288 00:00:00.692

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Mon May 15, 2023 10:55 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

SCUDERIA ORANGE COW SET TO MAKE MOVE INTO WGPC SERIES

Scuderia Orange Cow are excited to announce that we have come to agreement with both of the drivers instrumental to our Constructors Championship in WGP2 Season 5.

WGP2 Drivers Champion Batu Tüvshinbayar will once again pilot the #9 SOC machine while Jordan Crowe, seventh place in the Drivers championship, will make a number change to 24 to his drive for his WGPC debut.

An overview the generous sponsors who make possible the chance to compete in the top tier of motorsport.

Commonwealth Oil is the title sponsor of Scuderia Orange Cow for the third season in a row. Baker Park's leading petroleum producer as well as largest retail station operator contributes not only financial backing but also supplies the fuel and lubricants used in every Orange Cow Racing race car.

BCEL Beverage also returns for a third year as associate title sponsor and will promote separate brands on the two PRL03-2 WGPC entries. Jordan Crowe will have Chappy No-Caf Cola on the side panels ahead of the radiator openings, while Batu Tüvshinbayar will carry the logo of Steppe Zone Drinks, a company from his home region that the Commonwealth's largest distributor of licensed products will make available in Baker Park, Atlantian Oceania markets and elsewhere the company trades.

LiteSpeed Mobile is the nation's second largest cellular telephone company, with approximately 12 million subscribers. They too will be a major associate title sponsor for the third straight year in addition to providing communications technology to the team on the pit wall, in the garage and in the factory.

Commonwealth Auto Corporation (CAC) joins OCR as a supporting partner after having provided technical support for the previous two campaigns. The timing of the 20th WGPC season is auspicious as CAC are rolling their newest iteration of the sport luxury sedan marque Antelope, the 'T' Class. Following on from their success with the 'F' Class and the 'B' Class before that, Antelope have raised the bar on high performance with comfort and style.

McDonald & Muir also join the ranks as a supporting partner for this season. The home appliance manufacturer is looking the expand overseas in the competitive market of range, refrigerator, laundry, and dishwasher brands, in addition to other smaller kitchen and housekeeping products.

Wells Industrial Automation & Robotics joins our expanding list of supporting partners, although much of the process of race car construction is still manually done by humans. WIAR is the leader in automation across an array of industrial applications, and in the same vein that Mc&M and CAC are looking to gain wider exposure to international markets, seeks to draw attention the Commonwealth's broad based technology and industrial sectors.

JSB Heavy Equipment may seem like a strange sponsor for a high-tech series such as WGPC, but it also looks to put a spotlight on the Commonwealth's industrial might, although the fact it doesn't actually produce anything in Baker Park might take some lengthy explaining. From bulldozers, backhoes, cranes, graders, and any other type of construction vehicle you can imagine along with a wide fleet of agricultural machinery that is equally made with the highest standards in mind, JSB has over 125 years of experience to draw upon.

Commerce & Credit Bank (CCB Corp) is the Commonwealth's second largest financial institution, one the nation's 'Big 5' banks that hold a seat on the Treasury Board. It will take a sharp eyed observer to find the logo on both cars, but they can be found!

We mentioned Steppe Zone Drinks, one of four sponsorships that his nation offered to OCR in support of the WGP2 Champion and we are excited to have all of them as partners.

BOLT and Views of Time have combined to produce a calendar featuring both drivers from TJUN-ia, Batu and Lane Carter, which will be available for sale at the OCR Pavilion at every race weekend and through the website OrangeCowRacing.co.bp; finally we welcome NGADM, The Notts Guild of Art, Design & Messages, a creative hub based in Notts, NAU Zone. They create commissioned art installations, design logos, & merchandise all across TJUN-ia but are more famous for providing the armbands used by Jaguar Racing in NSSCRA.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Race Eelandii VTGP Test Event

Postby Vilita and Turori » Tue May 16, 2023 3:08 am

OPEN DRIVERS TEST SESSION

Eelandii Grand Prix Course, Eelandii, Turori :: Those drivers not yet affiliated with a World Grand Prix Championship Team were afforded the opportunity to get on track for two sessions, a mock qualifying run where drivers would have 3 laps around the course to post a fastest time, and a 20 minute open drive with Race Eelandii Driving Coach and former World Grand Prix Championship driver Juracai Klianiota on track evaluating the talent from close range. Chassis were supplied by Race Eelandii from WGPC Season 19 supply with Tires from Tropicorp Racing Supply. As this was a driver evaluation session and not an official WGPC Testing Session, with more than just a drivers lap times being assessed, results are shown in Alphabetical Order. For additional background on the Eelandii Grand Prix Course weekend, Please see this prior informational release.

All Free Agent Drivers were scorinated. Only those who confirmed attendance at the test have their times displayed below. If you believe your driver should have been included in this test based on a prior declaration of interest in this thread, TG me or send a message on the Motorsports Discord server and I can add your drivers already-scorinated results into the results list below.

FAST LAP QUALIFYING SESSION

DRIVER FASTEST LAP GAP TO LEADER
Adonis Fitzpatrick 00:01:30.139 00:00:00.871
Cocaobo #23 00:01:29.268 00:00:00.000
Danielle Bugatti Johnsilvaturr 00:01:29.466 00:00:00.198
Julita Lérida 00:01:29.533 00:00:00.265
Olivia Stone 00:01:29.289 00:00:00.021
Ricardo "Richie" Schmidt 00:01:30.174 00:00:00.906
Sandro Perez 00:01:30.056 00:00:00.788
Test Driver 00:01:29.392 00:00:00.124

20' Open DRIVE - Best 6 Consecutive Lap Average

DRIVER FASTEST LAP GAP TO LEADER
Adonis Fitzpatrick 00:01:29.992 00:00:00.398
Cocaobo #23 00:01:29.661 00:00:00.067
Danielle Bugatti Johnsilvaturr 00:01:30.031 00:00:00.437
Julita Lérida 00:01:29.893 00:00:00.299
Olivia Stone 00:01:29.594 00:00:00.000
Ricardo "Richie" Schmidt 00:01:30.124 00:00:00.530
Sandro Perez 00:01:30.121 00:00:00.527
Test Driver 00:01:29.966 00:00:00.372

For RP Purposes, please note there are at least 4 Notable activities taking place at the track during testing week:

1. WGPC 20 First Official Test Session
2. iROS (Race of Stars) 1st Race of Season 4
3. Race Eelandii VTGP Open Drivers Test
4. Tiones Lumberjack Challenge - an opportunity for drivers to step away from the track and channel their inner lumberjack - and for viral videos of their follies to spread across twii.tur.

Last edited by Vilita and Turori on Wed May 17, 2023 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Tue May 16, 2023 9:11 am

█████████████████████████████ About Us █████████████████████████████

Kaylan Racing Team started the journey up the World Grand Prix ladder in the second season of WGP2. Over the years, we have steadily grown into one of the most well established teams on the grid, representing the Togonistani car manufacturer on a global sporting scale in single-seater motor racing. As former WGP2 Constructors Champions, Kaylan took a step forward into World Grand Prix Championship last season with only one goal in mind - to push ourselves to be the best we can be!

With a team where young minds and fresh ideas are accompanied by years of experience, we are always eager to take on new challenges that come with competing on the highest level of motorsports. Driven by our will to constantly improve ourselves in everything we do, we are ready to enter the new season while following the values of passion, discipline and teamwork.

█████████████████████████████ Our Drivers █████████████████████████████

#88 Ted Pressley

Race number: 88
WGPC Grand Prix Entered: 15
WGPC Wins: 0
WGPC Podiums: 1

The son of renown mechanic and engineer Charlie Pressley, Ted was always destined to race and from the moment he first took the wheel of a go-kart, it was clear that the only route he was interested in was making it to WGPC. Having won multiple trophies in karting, Ted continued his career in Tumbran WGP3 series, from where after winning the title he headed into WGP2. Signing with Kaylan, Ted showed incredible skill and sportsmanship right from the start, finishing the season with 2 race wins and 5 podiums and helping the team win constructors title. From there on, Ted followed the team into WGPC, helping Kaylan head through their debut season. While already having a great racing portfolio, the Tumbran Tiger surely has a lot more to offer in the upcoming season!

_

#12 Darian Vilau

Race number: 12
WGPC Grand Prix Entered: 0
WGPC Wins: 0
WGPC Podiums: 0

Born in Hwoarang, the racing capital of Togonistan, Darian has been around cars and motorsport since young age. Starting in karting at 6, Darian quickly became one of the most promising young talents amongst his peers, winning multiple trophies in his junior years before joining Kaylan Prospect Program and moving on to participate in WGP3 ENZ Championship and become the first drivers champion of the series. From there on, Darian joined WGP2 first as a reserve and development driver for Kaylan, before going on to participate full time in the next season and finish as the runner-up, while acting as reserve driver for Kaylan's WGPC team at the same time. Entering WGPC for the first time as a full time driver, Darian is eager to jump into action at the top level.

_

█████████████████████████████ Our Team █████████████████████████████

Image Image Image Image Image

█████████████████████████████ The Car █████████████████████████████

Chassis: Kaylan T190
Engine: Kaylan Taika 1 V6 Turbo Hybrid
Gearbox: 8-speed paddle shift
ERS: Hybrid energy recovery system via electrical Motor Generator Units
Overall Weight: 752 kg
Tyres: Phoenician-InMotion

█████████████████████████████ Our Partners █████████████████████████████

Last edited by Togonistan on Fri May 19, 2023 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Atheara
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheara » Tue May 16, 2023 10:28 am

SMALL CHATTER
N. Vollerei:
How did the test with Tropicorp go?

M. Asphari:
Better than I expected it to be. Even topped Skiia Vialiv in the first session.

1st, 3rd, and 5th. I do not do well with small, square like corners.

N. Vollerei:
Small, boxy chicanes. You're weak at there most, you've been overtaken by most drivers in the AGRC at tracks like Riyagur, Feyerisk, and Sisalena at these type of chicanes.

M. Asphari:
Yeah, yeah. Part of it is due to the car setup as well.

N. Vollerei:
So did you get the cut?

M. Asphari:
No. They went for someone else, but at least I got a feel of the type of cars they use.

Far different from the Athearan Formula cars we often use.

N. Vollerei:
To be expected.

The AGRC is arguably what we call a "Semi-Spec" series. The AGRC has three engine providers, the ARC gives a standard chassis for teams to base their unique chassis on, all drivers are given the exact same fuel load, and there are plenty of more rules that I'm certain you yourself know.

Seems like I won't be having a seat for this season, which is expected.

What about you, Asphari?

M. Asphari:
I have one more shot. I feel confident after the Tropicorp test.

N. Vollerei:
Then I wish you luck. Also, don't you think we should get to making that ASON project?

We need to get it done before the end of the WGPC season even if we don't get signed.

M. Asphari:
Okay, let's get it done. I hope I don't stutter too much.

AGRC in an ICEBERG

Maximiliano: Not a g-good name.

Natasha: Blame ASON, that's what the name of this series is. Because we're covering an iceberg.

Maximiliano: Are y-you starting it?

Natasha gives a nod, Maximiliano sighs in relief.

Natasha: Greetings and welcome! My name is Natasha Vollerei, co-hosting with me here is former Azura Excellor driver Maximiliano Asphari."AGRC in an ICEBERG" is a video series supported by ASON to introduce you to the Athearan Grid Racing Championship, whether it be already well known bits of information or rather more obscure parts of the competition's history. But first, Asphari, what is the AGRC's definition of itself?

Maximiliano: Uh, e-eh yes thank you for the uhm introduction Natasha. The Athearan Grid Racing Championship, soon to b-be renamed is Atheara's top f-flight of open s-seater motorsport. 12 teams and 24 d-drivers compete in 24 races t-throughout the nation in order to be crowned c-champions. The driver's champions is d-decided by which driver has the most p-points, and uhm, the constructor's champions is d-decided by which team's drivers have the most p-points combined. That's the j-jist of it. Off to you again, Natasha.

Natasha: Thanks for the summary Asphari. Now that you know what the AGRC is, we'll be showing you what we will be covering.

Natasha: An iceberg meme.

Maximiliano: I d-don't understand why they added the people on the side.

Natasha: Asphari, this was originally a meme someone posted on a forum. ASON actually asked the creator of this meme if they could make a series on this.

Maximiliano: O-oh, alright. Well then, uhm, we'll start from top to bottom. Let's begin from the t-top, where it's considered g-general knowledge when it comes to t-the AGRC. Natasha, let's s-start off with "Halozia."

Natasha: Of course. Halozia, better known in the AGRC as Halozia Racing Team is one of the main contestants and title favourites. They have the most driver and constructor titles by a longshot, beating out their rivals EdgeTech Racing. They've been in the AGRC since the first edition of the competition and are the only team besides EdgeTech and M-Caust/M'Caust to have participated in the competition since it's conception. Their current driver line up is Sebastian Venau and Fezarro Van Trezeget, with Anderson Williams being their 3rd driver. Fellow Athearan Nathaniel Van De Soubre also raced for HRT, did he not Asphari?

Maximiliano: Oh he did. R-raced him for a while too and uhh, the f-freshest memory I have o-of him was when he d-divebombed me down T1 at Harindar. He's c-cheeky like that, sometimes. Alright, next is something t-that the multiverse has seen and it's the "Kallen Grand Circuit."

Natasha: The Kallen Grand Circuit is Atheara's most prestigious circuit. Located in the city of Kallen, It is considered one of the "big three" circuits in Atheara along with the Astena Asterwynth Circuit and the Neidegrad National Raceway. It hosts either the first or the last race of any AGRC season and has hosted a race for the AGRC ever since it's 17th edition. The Kallen Grand Circuit used for the Kallen Grand Prix has only held a race in the middle of an AGRC season once. That specific race was abandoned and all drivers were rewarded points, due to the fact that the track was apparently covered in mud and multiple trees had fallen down on the track.

Maximiliano: The Tree Tumbling Accident? Isn't that l-like... Over 80 years ago?

Natasha: You do realize people in Atheara have been calling me a walking AGRC Encyclopedia?

Maximiliano: I k-know but... It's still a s-surprise that uhm, you have t-this much knowledge about the AGRC's p-past you know? Anyways let's just forget about that and continue. N-next up is "Six 7x Champions"

Natasha: The Athearan Grid Racing Championship has six seven-time champions, they are in order of oldest to most recent: Mateo Enzio, Piete Van De Gulwan, Bernard Val Yesetsko, Luuk Van Nilvhal, Takeo Nikuzachi, and Ivanev Chorschets. Three of these drivers in Van De Gulwan, Nikuzachi, and Chorschets won their 7th title with Halozia. Enzio won his seventh title with EdgeTech, Van Nilvhal with Innovate, and Yesetsko won his 7th title with M-Caust. As for the iceberg section which says "Innovate's 2 Titles", we will cover that rather soon. Don't worry about it.

Maximiliano: A-an interesting fact is that t-these drivers are, uh, known for being smooth and p-precise drivers. N-no driver w-who's known to be aggressive has won seven titles. T-the closest one would b-be Denvirre Van De Soubre who has six titles to his name. Another one w-would be Tristan Da Cerello who has five, t-though to be fair he lost 2 titles d-due to bad team strategy so there is that. E-either way, next up is the AGRC Anthem.

Natasha: The AGRC Anthem, also known as The AGRC Song which is named, "Racing for All" was composed by the band LIGHTFUSE, whom have done songs in multiple genres. Before this there wasn't anything such as a song to hype up races or be featured as a background sound for the videos that the AGRC post to introduce the drivers and other similar things. But now, the song has become iconic and is a synonym for the AGRC.

Maximiliano: I p-personally don't like it too much.

Natasha: I don't like it too much either, but it's public knowledge that this song is synonymous to the series which is why it's there.

Maximiliano: Y-yeah, understandable. And last on today's segment is the Van De Soubre Family. Natasha p-please don't dive into their, uhm, full history because that deserves it's own series.

Natasha nodded, even though she has a lot to say about them.

Natasha: The Van De Soubre Family is, one of, if not the most prestigious family in Athearan motorsports. The man who started their entire bloodline was Aurelian Van De Soubre, who married to Chadea Relnev - Koblyaneko which started an entire dynasty as Aurelian was also a racing driver and he had 6 children with Chadea. The Van De Soubre name has been in all forms of Athearan junior and senior motorsport whether it's the AGRC, A-GTL, the Junior Formula Chhampionships, Superbikes, Motorcrossing, and more. The current Van De Soubre who is actively racing is as brought up before, Nathaniel Van De Soubre who is racing in NSSCRA as an... Open charter if I am correct. His father, Aarnhaldt Van De Soubre, stopped racing in the AGRC after a horrific accident where he lost control of his car and crashed into the barrier that separated the main straight and pitlane at Deskala. And speaking of stopping, that's where we are ending the first episode.

Maximiliano: Not b-bad of a transition. E-either way that's the end of the f-first episode of AGRC in an ICEBERG. T-thank you and we'll see you in the second e-episode where we cover m-more general things that aren't as widely known but still important. Abmeldung!
A T H E A R A | A N A I A
"I'm not sure about being as obvious as other people."
Football
Jenna Raven Cup I Champions!
3rd in the 75th Baptism of Fire!

Ice Hockey
3rd in the 19th World Junior Hockey Championships!
Ro32 in the 47th World Cup of Hockey
If you were wondering, the girl on my flag is Vill V from Honkai Impact 3rd. Your welcome.

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Tue May 16, 2023 11:38 am

Pressley Racing offers an OOC-unofficial IC-official reserve and testing role to Dario Nülkeschläger, as well as priority for filling in any open seat at Pressley Racing for WGPC 21 should the team return.

Eelandii, Turori
Pressley

Sonia Fairbairn: Okay, Sophie, the stewards have deemed that you left the track after Turn 11; they've deleted your time, they've deleted your time.
Sophie McCreary: That's bulls**t! There's no way I had all 4 wheels over the line!
Sonia Fairbairn: Sophie, we need you to get your head down. We need consistent laps; right now, the tyre data is all over the place.
Sophie McCreary: I'm already doing my f***ing hardest!

Sonia Fairbairn sighed, but she made sure not to let Sophie McCreary hear it. She looked over at Jack Brook, team principal who looked more nonplussed about the situation than anything. She saw his finger hover above the button that would put him through to Sophie; but he ultimately decided against it. The six-person pit wall was a well-oiled machine by this point; but it was evident to everyone that the test was not going as well as they'd hoped. Sure, tests were usually inconclusive, and people tended to read way more into them than what they really should've; but the key was momentum. A good test meant a good mood in the garage; bad tests usually meant doubt.

Probably the one with the most stress on her front was Kelly Patel, the chief designer of the team; it seemed that even in Eelandii, she was sketching upgrades to the car. McCreary had been complaining about not enough downforce; Bryce Yannec thought it was fine, but thought that the car lacked acceleration. Even in the early days of the season, Sonia could see that Kelly wasn't sleeping well; somehow the team had managed to sign two drivers that had different driving styles, and she was trying her best to accommodate both. Even if the direct order from above was that McCreary was the priority.

Jack Brook looked at the timing screens, remaining unconvinced, as Sophie kicked up another cloud of dust in the near-nonexistent runoff. At least she'd kept it out of the walls, Sonia mused; the walls on this circuit were much closer to the track than expected. That they were here was another surprise; and one that had generated plenty of discourse in the Vilitan Cove.

A piece of paper was passed to her by Jack, through Norman Vance, Bryce's race engineer; he had apparently taken a look at it, and raised a quizzical eyebrow at her, inviting her to read it. Scrawled in Brook's neat, clinical, almost type-set handwriting was the following:

car needs improvement and lots of testing. thinking of signing nulkeschlager.

Sonia saw Jack looking at her, judging her reaction; and she gave a brief nod. She knew immediately why the piece of paper had been passed to her. Dario Nülkeschläger, fresh out of a drive at Pryfors Bilar and having not made it to the Kaylan second seat, was an ideal candidate for racking up testing miles. He knew his way around a WGPC car, unlike how Yannec and McCreary were relative newcomers to the big beasts of the world's top-tier racing series; and could always be dangled as a threat to Yannec in case he didn't perform up to the standards that Charlie Pressley wanted.

That was how the prospect of signing Nülkeschläger would be sold, at least; Fairbairn knew that the real reason why Brook wanted him was because he didn't rate McCreary as ready for WGPC. She hadn't been privy to the argument, but she had heard the Xinhua whispers of a massive shouting match when it came to whether McCreary should be in the WGPC effort. Eventually, as always, Charlie got his way; Sonia felt a bit hard done by that she hadn't been consulted, but she quietly felt that neither would have been pleased by her answer. Sure, there were flashes of speed and promise; but they were by far and away inconsistent in a tiny package of aggression and a willingness to tear the car to bits in search of a fraction of a second. Charlie respected that; Jack despised it.

Brook was playing a dangerous game of team politics; he was going up against the man who owned the team, Charlie Pressley, and his deputy who was probably openly hankering for the team principal job, Stephen Cheung. Yet Sonia knew that Jack had the best interests of the team at heart; and for all his tirades against McCreary, didn't want to expose the girl to more than she needed to be exposed to at such a young age. He knew she had potential; he knew it needed to be honed. Having Dario on the team would be an insurance policy; and it made sense.

She gave another nod. She was on-board with this.

Kaylan

Ted couldn't help but feel that the atmosphere around Kaylan was slightly more...cosy this season.

Cosy was perhaps putting it lightly. A lot of the creature comforts had disappeared; there was still the free-flow ZX-Flow Energy Drink, and the hot chocolate that Ted secretly preferred to drink was still stocked up in his small room in the Kaylan motorhome, but he couldn't help but feel that things were a lot more sparse in the Kaylan garage this season.

Well, things were sparse; except for stress, it seemed. He'd thought about talking to team principal Xander Mahakipare about it, but most of the stress seemed to be emanating from him. Simon Wallace, his long-term race engineer, had revealed that the Kaylan team budget had been slashed this season; which somewhat explained why his salary had also been cut. Ted had considered signing elsewhere — he'd considered sending feelers out to Carvenlo and Viska — but ultimately he prized the job security that Kaylan offered. That, and he was grateful they'd even returned to him after he hadn't exactly made a splash in his first season in the top tier of WGPC.

At least everyone was still here. Xander, Simon, Artyom, Rai...it was cosier, slightly more barebones, but the Kaylan family was still together. Well, mostly; Anola had disappeared from the face of the earth over the off-season, and he wasn't able to find out what had happened to her. He missed her, somewhat; she was a solid team-mate.

And at least her replacement was a familiar face. Darian Vilau, Kaylan junior, had been promoted to the second race seat alongside him; the two had a cordial working relationship and he felt they were quite similar. Ted didn't light up the timesheets in both the morning and evening sessions; but he was doing long, consistent runs; getting back into the rhythm of being in a WGPC car. As the team gathered for dinner after, Ted watched the highlights of the day on his phone; and couldn't help but feel a pang of worry for Sophie McCreary, who was highlighted for multiple off-track excursions.

He had to talk to her soon. Gosh, there were a lot of people for him to talk to, weren't there? Sophie, if she'd talk to him after everything that happened between him and Dad; William Archer, to try and catch up for drinks again and keep their friendship going; and Janne Laukkanen...

God, the season was about to be very long.
Last edited by Tumbra on Wed May 17, 2023 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic News | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hapilopper » Tue May 16, 2023 4:50 pm

The first pre-season test
On paper, it would seem that Preston Grand Prix’s first preseason test would be a massive disappointment. After all, they weren’t on the top of the charts, and it seemed like the team had a lot of catching up to do. But to view Preston Grand Prix’s first test of the season with the rest of the World Grand Prix Championship teams as a failure would be a terrible misreading of how Preston really viewed that first preseason test. And a look at Marty Lewis’s facial expression after the tests ended would reinforce that fact – the test, to Marty and to the rest of the Preston crew, was a big success.

1: The test was less about raw speed and more about familiarity and reliability.
The Preston team was not looking at putting huge numbers up on the board for the purpose of looking sexy. Those huge numbers – those numbers to brag about – would come later. Instead, Marty and the Preston team was looking at how Rudy Edwards and William Archer could handle the PGP-03, and if they could come to grips with the car. The team was also looking at if the car would complete a race length without any issues, and if the car could be competitive in race trim compared to other cars. The answer to all of those questions, to the team’s delight, was “yes.”

The drivers didn’t encounter any catastrophic failures. The tire wear didn’t appear to be excessive considering the speeds. The car’s systems all behaved as they were supposed to. The engine behaved as it was supposed to. The car operated absolutely perfectly. Over that first three-hour session, the car handled as it was supposed to. The car turned when it was asked to turn. The car went over the rumble strips as they were supposed to. The car didn’t snap loose or tight.

And when Rudy Edwards climbed out of his car at the end of the first three-hour session, he had a big smile on his face – a smile that indicated that he was pleased with the car – even if he was midway down the time sheets.

“Car drives good,” Rudy told his crew. “Real good. We’ve got a good package here.”

2: Did you see how CLOSE the time sheets really were?
Officially, Rudy was 18th out of 26th, but .051 seconds off of Orange Cow’s Jordan Crow. That, right there, was something the Preston team was paying closer attention to – was just how ridiculously close it seemed the whole field was – with the notable exception of William Archer, who was nearly three seconds off the pace. But then again, that wasn’t of any concern to Marty Lewis or the Preston crew either.

The same went for the second session, the afternoon session, when the entire field was separated by less than seven tenths of a second, and when Archer appeared to get the grip of the car too, running 10th quickest.

When a reporter asked Marty about it after the test session ended, his reaction was that of satisfaction.

“I’m not expecting Rudy and William to break track records on their first time in the car,” Marty said. “They got to grips with the car, and they didn’t break it. It looks like they handled it perfectly, and for that, this test is a success, regardless of what the time sheets say. The drivers got used to the car, it handled great, the car did exactly what it was supposed to do so, I’m not really worried about the time sheets.”

And that’s the attitude the team carried as they loaded the equipment up and headed out of Turori. Their next stop would be Mertagne, where they would continue to get used to handling the new PGP-03.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Tue May 16, 2023 5:23 pm

Office of Jericho A. Samuelson
Death Templars Law Firm Headquarters - Chromia Office
Chromia, Capital District, Chromatika

"And it will be Ji So-Yeong taking first place in the afternoon session, the Chromatik posting the fastest time by .004 seconds! What a showing by the rookie..."

As the announcers droned on about Ji's' accomplishments as the newfound member of Tropicorps-Colourworks, the figure sitting at the big office desk sighed. Ever since he had been awarded this case two months ago, the woman who now graced his TV screen was his biggest headache. He had hoped that her job would take her far away from Chromia, but the fact that Ji had somehow signed on with an outfit based out of Tropicorp meant that no, she wasn't that far away - and with the Chromatik justice system allowing testimonies and examination to be done over a secure internet connection, there would be no circumventing Ji's presence in the trials to come.

"We're only taking the case because the client is way too public, and it would hurt the firm immensely if we were to break out," Jericho A. Samuelson's boss had told him, "And we're giving it to you because you possess the savvy to show how much we tried while losing graciously. There is no way that you can win this case - the best thing to do is to lose graciously, give our client the best bargain possible, and make it clear that what happened to Anola Melani and her family is actually a tragedy that the client is absolutely distraught about."

Bullshit, Samuelson knew. The only reason why he had been appointed to this case was because his accolades had risen to the point where the elites of the firm were starting to consider him a threat. This would be a way to humble him, a way to make sure that he took the loss - and then they would hold it against him for all of perpetuity. It was the basics of corporate politics, and the saddest part was that it was likely going to work. Which defense attorney could win this case, given the details of what happened to the Melani family? Given the fact that Ji So-Yeong was the sole survivor, who had provided all the details to the press, who had independently verified almost all of her claims?

No, to resist was folly. Except...

Jericho A. Samuelson hadn't become one of the best defense attorneys in Chromatika by playing by the books. No, he was always up for doing some unconventional things, things that others would never try, if it meant getting a leg on the opposition. The true opposition in this case wasn't the State, nor Ji So-Yeong - no, the true opposition was the notion that he couldn't save face while making sure that his client, who was absolutely guilty, got what was coming to them.

He pulled up his cell phone, went to a directory that he had only used one other time in his career, input a secure password, and waited for the phone to notify him that the line was safe. When the clicking sound commenced, he dialed.

"It's been a while, Mr. Samuelson," came the heavily distorted voice on the other side, "What can we do for you?"

"I have a proposition..." he started.

If he hadn't been so preoccupied by the conversation to come, he could've maybe noticed in the reflection of his office bay windows that a camera from across the street had begun recording, prompted by his call.

Samuelson had not just contacted the Watchers again after a long hiatus; no, he had put himself back on the board - and the game was afoot.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016

Postby Diarcesia » Tue May 16, 2023 5:57 pm

Iceshield Twenty-One

In the Pryfurium Airport, Sara stood in front of a makeshift cardboard cutout of Youhei Joho, the most recent Diarceesian WGP3 champion. She was wearing an outfit that just barely passed off as "casual", but gave off a serious demeanor nonetheless.

"Hi there!" she exclaimed when she recognized Laura Haukanna approaching in her direction. "I'm Sara Luna. I heard you're continuing to drive for PB. Nice to meet you! Welcome to Diarcesia!"

The two drivers shook hands before Sara made her way to the Diarcesiac Erogram flight DE21 en route to Sterlennau-Varuvanta Airport in Auruna, famously called by frequent flyers as Iceshield Twenty-One. The flight was scheduled to leave in about an hour...

The journey was uneventful. Once she got settled in the provided quarters in Auruna, Sara prepared by reviewing the circuit layouts in the season. She knew beforehand that the season would bring her back in Diarcesia to race in Sigurd Ring. It was set in a dieresis she had not explored much before, but that didn't mean it wasn't out of her element.

She had packed a laptop bag and some smaller bags with her clothes and other belongings for the weekends away from home.

There was no need to rush, even though the preseason test would take place soon. She occupied herself with rigorous training sessions and meditation and started to dip her toes in the Aurun language and culture. The test weekend would not be a weekend for relaxation, after all.

AS informed her that the team had scheduled a meeting to discuss the test sessions and her goals for the upcoming season. She was looking forward to it, and not just because of the coffee that would be on offer.

Once she arrived at a meeting room in one of Viska's buildings, Sara noticed two other people already present: Aaron Deering and someone she had never seen before. She didn't have time for an extensive examination of her surroundings as more people filled the room in short order.

The chief strategist, Artur Iljakov, addressed the room and welcomed Sara to the team. He also formally introduced Aaron as her teammate. She smiled and chuckled a little before beginning a remark: "I've heard a lot about you! Zdravo'ka!"

She turned her attention back to Artur, who wanted to get a sense of how the car handles and identify any areas that need improvement. She would be happy to oblige once the test starts.

Pre-Season Testing Session One
Post-AM Session

"Hej, Sara. Ready to go?" asked a smiling Jan Mikkeli Kovalenna as he entered the garage. She nodded in response and smiled back at him before turning her attention towards one of Viska's engineers who was ready to bring out the slides for the performance review.

"Hevänamta!" she began, addressing the engineers who were paying attention to her her. "I believe this is the first time I see most of you." She looked around and saw that one face stood out, however: her race engineer, Jan Mikkeli Kovalenna. She proceeded to provide feedback about the car's handling and suggested adjustments to optimize its performance for the PM session.

She remembered well how it all started for her with Viska now. The team principal had personally responded to her during the offseason... It didn't take long before a contract was drafted, culminating in her becoming part of one of the multiverse's rising's teams in grand prix racing.

She found herself easily fitting in with. She had become accustomed to the lifestyle and nature of motorsport, as well as the demands placed on drivers. Her practical experience also helped her get a grip on what goes into designing and building cars for competitive purposes.

She reminisced how she made her WGP2 debut for Adelphia-VMR at Circuit Arnaud: nervousness taking over before the race start; overtaking some drivers during lap one; holding position until lap nine, and her ultimately untimely finish. She remembered how, throughout the race weekend, she had failed to get a hold on her nerves. She was quick to learn that if she wanted results like in the local drag races and WGP3, she needed to take the time to adjust.

Sara continued to push the limits of the car in the PM session and make further adjustments based on her experience from the AM session. However, the cloudy conditions in Eelandii meant that it took some time for her to get a grip on the situation and adjust her approach accordingly, but she made it work by her tenth lap.

It wasn't enough to be at the top of the timesheets, though.

Multi Two-One?

"They just put several supersized logo decals and a bunch of sponsor decals on bare carbon! Clever? Or lazy?"
- A comment on twii.tur after Pryfors Bilar's livery reveal

Credit: Valkea

EELANDII - Pryfors Bilar's WGPC team principal Aldauren Ginintella was known for his calm demeanor and outspoken, but respectful manner. He had seen the rise of young drivers from karting to the pinnacle of motorsports many times before; he had been at it for a century now. In that time, there were some ups and downs in terms of results, but one thing always remained: The eventuality that sooner or later, he and his team will emerge at the top... In anticipation of the first pre-season test, the Diarcesian team unveiled their WGPC Season 20 cars, the PF-2s, to the public for the first time.

From left to right: Sam Blaatschapen's car, Laura Haukanna's car. Credit: Valkea

On the opening laps of their pre-season tests, both Laura Haukanna and Sam Blaatschapen got off to a good start with Miss Blaatschapen clocking a top ten finish in the fastest times. Meanwhile, Laura Haukanna, known for her consistency and precise driving style, aimed to fine-tune the car's setup and optimize its handling. However, their driving styles were still being calibrated throughout the morning.

By the afternoon, both drivers had been given a new set of Phoenician-InMotion Blackbirds. They were encouraged to push themselves with no fear in order to further explore the car's limits and find ways to improve its handling. After some laps, it was evident that they had indeed found an improvement in performance as Haukanna's and Blaatschapen's standings improved significantly over the morning. This achievement proved their consistency so far, vindicating PB's regard of her as the promising rookie last season. Meanwhile, WGPC rookie Sam Blaatschapen showed more improvements during her last few runs: she improved on her times lap after lap until she secured the third fastest lap time.

In the post-PM session interview, driver Sam Blaatschapen stated that she has been "rekindled" this season: She confidently stated that she is allowed to race Miss Haukanna for the drivers' championship. Despite the fact that she had been involved in a visible falling out with Pryfors Bilar during the offseason, Blaatschapen is adamant about her goal to become a world champion in her debut.

Meanwhile, as everyone's eyes were on Blaatschapen and Haukanna for their planned championship battle, another driver was quietly making herself known... Ji So-Yeong (hereafter referred to as 'JSY') has always been one of those drivers who can be described with words such as "steady" or "reliable". While some may see it as a passive trait—thinking that she lacks passion or drama—others have come to appreciate her style of driving. Unlike many other young drivers who tend to be more aggressive when racing, JSY seems almost calm yet determined during races while constantly looking around and analysing what's going on around her. In an age where mental health issues are becoming more common among athletes due to increased media coverage of such events happening across different disciplines all over the world, including motorsports, it is comforting knowing someone like JSY exists: Quietly working behind the scenes without causing any unnecessary drama while keeping up with expectations set.
Last edited by Diarcesia on Wed May 17, 2023 1:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Delaclava
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Tue May 16, 2023 6:36 pm

Kingston Walcott's first day on the job was absolutely exhausting.

The driving bit was actually pretty easy. Walcott's nerves had really settled after a successful test, resulting in the contract, and he was feeling that driving the Sivaleinen car was only getting easier and easier. Although the competitor in him was irked that he technically was 23rd out of 26 drivers in the first session on the Eelandii course, the technician in him knew that he wasn't so far off from the pack, which was basically the entire field minus Archer and the Valentians. He noted that he continued to go back and forth, neck and neck with his new teammate—which he learned that day would be Lillý Náttmörðsdóttir—and was pleased to see that both drivers were able to get good results out of the car, and that they'd be able to challenge and push each other up the grid.

The afternoon session was slower, a bit gloomier, and some drivers were perhaps daunted by the prospect of an unfamiliar car and worsening conditions. Walcott was not one of them. By the tiniest of margins, a top half of 13 separated itself from the bottom half, and Walcott coaxed his car to twelfth-fastest of the evening. The ride felt sturdy and reliable, he thought, even as the clouds began to roll in, and Walcott was getting better at eliciting a good acceleration out of the turns. One of the youngest in the field at 23 and looking even younger, Walcott climbed out of the car confident that he had not made a fool of himself, even sure that he had the potential to challenge for points throughout the season.

The hard bit, then, was nearly everything else.

Kingston was an only child, and a sheltered one at that. His schooling had been entirely at home or at a boarding school, and when he wasn't there, he was on the race track, devoid of social interaction or of any other kind of interaction save for instructions and guidance barked into his ear.

To their credit, the bodymen Sidley Walcott had appointed to accompany Kingston on the day refrained from being too overbearing. Kingston had lately grown annoyed with his father's dictations, especially as many of them came from the likes of Curtis and not from his own father directly. Yet Kingston also barely knew what to do without his father or one of his henchmen guiding him.

He was frightened to so much as make eye contact with any of the other drivers, let alone introduce himself to them or socialize. Even as Vitaliy Aaltonen and his staff introduced the teammates, the bright hopes of the squad, Kingston and Lilly, Kingston was too intimidated to make that more than a cursory interaction. Lilly herself seemed very intense, very severe and fiery in the way she moved around the paddock. Kingston respected it, for he carried the same intensity to his craft—albeit much more understated—but Lilly seemed unapproachable.

It wasn't just a matter of human interaction, though. It was that Lilly was an attractive young woman, and while Kingston noticed this, he was too embarrassed to even let himself observe someone else in that way, immediately directing his brain to other thoughts, like his grandmother. And that was nothing compared to some of the other crew members, support staff, reporters, and groupies around the track and in Turori. Some of the latter, fans and hangers-on, recognized Walcott as one of the season's new drivers and wasted no time coming onto the adorable young twink. Kingston practically choked on his tongue trying to politely move on from these interactions, and by the end of the day, back in the hotel room, he was nearly having a panic attack thinking about all that came with being a WGPC driver that didn't involve, well, driving.

Sandro Perez, yet again, woke up in a stupor.

This was different. This wasn't a careless night out on the town where he'd bring home five or six girls and a couple of guys too. This was raw, ill-advised, emotional drinking. He had been so damn close to getting that spot at Colourworks, he had even gone faster than the driver who got the seat, and how was it that he, a raw talent who had gone from street racer to Prix del Á champion, didn't have the right pedigree for the role and somehow she did?

He had held it together long enough to make the trip to Turori and participate in the Eelandii free agent test, yet he knew he was a smidge off his best in those sessions. Yet because the official test had been going on, he'd seen all the drivers around town who did have seats for the year. And somehow, one of those drivers was none other than Kingston fucking Walcott, the cake-eater who'd never even driven top-level Delaclav racing, let alone the world.

He'd gone out to the bar that night, blown his wad of cash on some Boser, an overpriced and truly horrific Milchaman Arak, and taken home a Whittorian girl named Elise who very quickly grew tired of Sandro's inebriated mutterings and left Sandro to take care of himself. That was the last thing Sandro remembered until just now, where he was vaguely aware that his phone was ringing.

"What?" he mumbled.

"For fuck's sake, man, you ever hear of just going to bed?" Marco Ciccone shouted on the other end.

"Oww," Sandro moaned.

"Listen, I know it's been a rough couple of days, but we've got to talk next steps, alright? What's next?"

"Going back to bed."

"No, no, no... no! Sandro. Look, there may still be an opportunity for you to get a test drive somewhere. It'll be good experience, good traveling, and it may open a window for next year. Or, you come back to Prix del Á, win another title, and see what happens after that."

"...is there a third option?"

"Yeah, you just fuck off and do nothing, I guess. Look, get some good coffee and think about it, alright? I can't make all your decisions for you."

"You don't—what the hell are you talking—no, screw this," and Perez hung up. About ten seconds later, the phone rang again.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," Sandro whined, and without looking, he picked up the phone and answered, "I've not made my mind up yet, you just called me!"

"Uh...what?" a high, flutey voice replied.

Sandro tried to sit up a little, clearing his head. "Wait, what? Who is this?"

"This is Kingston Walcott."
Sports Honor Roll
Football: 2x WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONS (13 & 15), 1x Runner-up (11), 4x Third Place (41-44), 1x Regional Champions
Hockey: World Cup 16 Third Place, 2x World Juniors Champion (18 & 22), 3x World Junior Runners-up (16, 17, 19), 1x Regional Silver
Basketball: 2x IBC Runners-up (31 and 36), 4x Regional Medal (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
Lacrosse: 2x Worlds Runners-up (16 and 41) 1x Regional Silver
Soccer: Olympic Gold (V), 3rd at IAC 18 3rd at Di Bradini Cup 15, 4th at Baptism of Fire 34
Host of WC 55; CoH 44, 46, 84, and 87; BoF 72; World Bowl 11, 15, 39, and 43; IBC 7 and 31; AOCAF 31; WJHC 16 and 18; etc. Founder of Scott Cup and World Team Tennis Championship.

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Wed May 17, 2023 2:26 am

It had been a whirlwind of action since Batu and Jordan signed for the team--their press conference, the unveiling of the cars, testing on the factory track along with a visit to Drummond Vale, then packing up to flyaway to the first full field test day in Turori.

One issue that consumed the attention of the mechanics was what the "New" PeRiL test circuit would be called; it was finally settled and a mini ribbon cutting was held on the first day the new cars ran to christen the 'Circuit of Legends'.
While it was about 2/3 of a mile longer than the original, it still wasn't of an adequate width to allow two cars to run side by side, but could be spaced so that both could be on the track at the same time.

There were new people to get to know from outside as well, with Lowell Evans from Tropicorp Racing Supply requesting his bosses to allow him to return as chief tire engineer for Orange Cow for a second year in a row; Evans was popular among the entire OCR organization and his return was considered a good omen plus he brought along a new member of 'The Rubber Band' as the tire people were called by the mechanics, Ursula Yeaddin. Yeaddin had been a race weekend "runner" for SOC in a couple of rounds and when Evans asked if she wanted to be seconded to SOC as their in-house tire tech for the WGPC season, she had no hesitation accepting.
I'm improvising a scenario that tire suppliers have at least 2 people (one for each car) embedded within their customer teams to keep track of usage during testing away from official series tests. And on race weekends there are 3-4 junior people who bring tires to each team and do all of the tracking of sets, air pressure work, inspecting tires after sessions, etc...you're welcome to envision a different idea. Engine customers will be kind of the same, as you'll soon observe

The Tropicorp Engineering powerplants were the wild card for Lambert, Valentini, O'Malley and Ammaker; the Preston customer program was pretty hassle free--breakdown, cleaning and re-assembly after each race meeting was done at PRL, observed via videolink by the engine liaison techs in Hapilopper City.

A team of six arrived with the initial delivery of the TRE-2T24V8 engine allocation to the OCR Center; there had been a great deal of discussion about specific customer exclusivity--i.e., confidentiality of proprietary engineering information--between Lambert and the Tropicorp Engineering folks. The resolution was that TRE would embed three engineers for powerplant liaising over the season.

The newest department that had been established at OCR was a dedicated Transportation, Logistics and Travel Office, which had been offered exclusively to Helena Kaczakzy to be in charge of; she'd handled everything pertaining to Saki Kuyara's season with the team, and then taken Batu on as a steady, consistent presence in his life when he needed it most.

Hella agreed on two conditions--that she could give up race weekend media work, but still handle Batu's affairs until he decided she shouldn't; and that he should be allowed to select his next media/PR rep from the available choices:
Ben 'Smitty' Smith--Pedro Carballal's and Jordan Crowe's media/PR guy, who would present a strong, tough 'Big Brother' front to the WGP2 Champion;
Shelly Brandywine--Samantha Carter's media assistant in AOGP; would bring more of a 'best friend' vibe to Batu's persona as she was eternally optimistic, & had a command of barbed, sharp replies that only made sense long after the session ended;
Robin Markham--Nick Unger's AOGP minder, voted by the women in the race team as 'Chief Bitch' (a compliment). Steph Landers' cousin and best friend (and bridesmaid for her and Jordan's wedding).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Debrief--OCR Center
11 am, day following Eelandi GP Course Test

Vic Marzetti opened up the proceedings, as Mike Lambert had not returned from Turori with the team and had texted Vic to take charge of the meeting where every department head was present, along with the drivers, race engineers and senior mechanic reps.

"Good Morning to everyone. It's a Great Day to be an Orange Cow!"
This was a line Marzetti himself had coined during the WGP4 season to give encouragement to the rest of the team when both cars crossed the finish line; he fancied himself as the optimist, the morale booster, the hands-on positive reinforcement for the mechanics, the data techs, people in the facility that might not get recognition. "Uncle Vic" was the face of the team to everyone who didn't get camera time on the weekend.

"Let's start with the thoughts of the driver that ran the fastest lap time on the day, Jordan Crowe."

(laughs) "I thank you Vic. What does a single lap at the end of a three hour session mean? Nothing to me. I think we're learning the baseline info that will help us down the line. We did a lot of work on weight distro before we went this last weekend and I'm getting used to how the car feels under heavy fuel load and end of race load."
"Batu? your brief impression?"

"The car is good and I feel like there is more we can get out of it as the season progresses."
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tropicorp » Wed May 17, 2023 3:28 am

Cocoabo Shows Speed in Eelandii, Awaits Decision on WGPC Future

Eelandii Grand Prix Course, Eelandii, Turori :: Just as quickly as it had come, the first World Grand Prix test of the season had concluded. There was plenty of racing action on the track, from the Official World Grand Prix Test, to the Unofficial one for the local team Race Eelandii Vilita and Turori World Grand Prix Motorworks - to the stars of the racing multiverse in the iROS series - there was always something going on trackside.

As for the Official WGPC Testing, the field was almost improbably tight, as if there was simply a physical limit of speed which nearly all drivers were pushing up against at the Eelandii Grand Prix Course, an artificial barrier which was collecting all the teams at nearly the same identical lap time. Though the margins were small, it was a Tropicrop Racing Supply driver who ended top of the heap with World Grand Prix Championship rookie Jordan Crowe fastest in the morning practice session for debut team Orange Cow Racing, which also progressed from World Grand Prix 2 the season before.

The story would be the same in the afternoon. The teams were slightly more spread out which allowed some of the cream to rise to the top - and as such it was no surprise to see the constructors title favorites Tropicorp Colourworks on top of the charts - even if it was a surprise that it would be Ji So-Yeong and not iBen Toralmintii piloting the fast car. Toralmintii was not far off, however, the reigning series champion posting a time just barely two-hundreths of a second slower than that of their unheard of team mate.

Though it was just a practice session, it was a great start on track for the Tropicorp Racing Supply brand, topping the speed charts in both sessions - doing so with two different team/driver combinations in the Cloudy conditions in Eelandii. While there are two Tropicorp Drivers who received a World Grand Prix License for this season, just one participated in the Official Test Session - the rookie Skiia Vialiv.

Vialiv will be part of a large class of rookie drivers in the field for WGPC Season 20 - with first-season World Grand Prix Championship drivers making up half of the 26 drivers that competed in the first test event - a number up considerably from WGPC Season 19 which had roughly half that number of debutant drivers. Vilitan firm Toys '4' All expressed interest in returning to its role as official sponsor of the Rookie of the Season award. Both practice sessions at the Official WGPC Test event saw the speed charts topped by a rookie driver. Vialiv was not far behind, placing 4th in the morning session just 0.010 seconds behind Jordan Crowe, though slipped down to 18th in the evening session 0.134 seconds behind Ji So-Yeong. Last seasons Toys '4' All Rookie class sees its Top 3 finishers returning to full-time action this season with Rookie champion Laura Haukanna and runner up Ted Pressley returning to their respective teams while Abovian Janne Laukkanen is promoted to the second seat at Nexus Racing after spending a season on loan at Carvenlo. It will certainly be a challenge for Vialiv to overcome such a deep rookie field but based on her initial times as the lone driver participating in the test for UrGa Motorsports, Vialiv and the team have a chance to compete this season.

WGPC Season 19 Rookie Standings :: After 13 of 13 Races

Pos # ▍DRV Name Team Pts
1 37 HAU Laura Haukanna GP Pryfors Bilar Viska 65.5
2 88 PRE Ted Pressley Kaylan Racing Team 44
3 17 LAU Janne Laukkanen Carvenlo Racing 23
4 31 WIN Joy Wingelaar Teusbank TMW Rennsport 18
5 83 MNI Anola "Wrench" Melani Kaylan Racing Team 14
6 15 JUN Heinz-Otto Junker Teusbank TMW Rennsport 3

Following the second session of testing for the World Grand Prix Cars it was time for the Race Eelandii! VTGP prospects to hit the track. A total of 7 drivers participated in the timed runs in addition to Race Eelandii! VTGP remote principle Juracai Klianiota who got into the action to evaluate drivers from the very tracks of their rubber. There were three on track sessions - in the first, each driver, having only run laps in the Team Tropicorp simulator earlier in the day - was sent onto the track cold and given three laps to turn a fast time. Tropicorp's own Cocoabo #23 - who has driven the track before, was fastest of them in a lap time of 89.268 seconds which would have been within the competitive range at the World Grand Prix morning test. The only driver to match Cocoabo #23's speed in the green qualifying run was Olivia Stone, a race winner during WGPC Season 19 with Viska racing but who lost their seat when Viska Racing inexplicably decided to drop their entire driver lineup despite being the third best returning team on the grid based on WGPC 19 performance. Viska would make a splash in signing veteran Diarcesian Sara Luna but the decision doesn't help Stone as the former In-Motion aligned driver appears to be stuck switching allegiances to Tropicorp Racing Supply tires or take no ride at all in the World Grand Prix Season 20 grid.

Stone would be quick again in the Open Drive portion of the Race Eelandii VTGP test but Tropicorp's Cocoabo #23 was right behind her with the team hoping that the Cocoabo had done enough to Secure a seat with Race Eelandii! VTGP for World Grand Prix Season 20 after having missed out on consideration at Sivaleinen and Eminent Grand Prix, and, more notably, being usurped to the second seat at GPA Pryfors Bilar by local driver Sam Blaatschappen despite being deep in negotiations for the second seat alongside defending Rookie of the Season Laura Haakanna. The breakdown in the deal with GPA Pryfors Bilar sent a ripple through the Cocoabo ecosystem, without even an Academy deal to fall back on, particularly with the previously uplifting news that Cocoabo Park would be hosting a full up World Grand Prix Championship race for the first time in its history. Now, it was time for the Cocoabo Preservation Society to go to work and help their driver get a seat for the race.

Image SKIIA VIALIV
@Skiia

Alright great start to the season. This #14 #UrGa Motorsports ride was fast fast fast in the first test. I think its going to be a great season!!! #WGPC20
- Tropicorp -

Auruna
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Auruna » Wed May 17, 2023 8:20 am

Pryfurium Airport
Diarcesia wrote:In the Pryfurium Airport, Sara stood in front of a makeshift cardboard cutout of Youhei Joho, the most recent Diarceesian WGP3 champion. She was wearing an outfit that just barely passed off as "casual", but gave off a serious demeanor nonetheless.

"Hi there!" she exclaimed when she recognized Laura Haukanna approaching in her direction. "I'm Sara Luna. I heard you're continuing to drive for PB. Nice to meet you! Welcome to Diarcesia!"

Taken by surprise, Laura froze for a bit then looks around until she notices Sara Luna. "A-ah! Hei... didn't expect to meet you here... err... well, nice to meet you too Sara!"

The two shook hands before Laura heads out of the airport on her way to the PB Headquarters in a slight rush.

GPA Pryfors Bilar Garage
Eelandii Grand Prix Course
Pre-Season Test 1

It's the official start of the season with the first Pre-Season Test at the Eelandii Grand Prix Course. For Laura, it's business as usual. Still in the same team, she has been though this before but the newest change is her teammate, Sam Blaatschapen. She knew Sam for a bit during the previous season but never interacted with her that much being busy with WGPC and Sam with WGP2. While she misses being teammates with Dario, it's now time to try and get along with her new teammate but unsure where to start.

During the AM Session, Laura walks into the garage after warming up for a bit and talking to Erik Halenna, her race engineer. After greeting the mechanics and engineers, the two talk about setups and the typical racing talk. Sometimes, they switch to conversing in Aurun to which their Diarcesian colleagues have no idea what they are talking about.

"So, any suggestions?" Erik asked Laura as the two walk around the PF-2 while it is being setup.

"Let's try my neutral setup from last season. I'm sure you have it noted."

"I always keep it saved just in case."

"Well then, set it up just like that. I just want to have a feel for the new car."

"I'll let you know when Aina's ready."

"Got it."

Erik relays the settings to the mechanics while briefly visiting the pitwall. Laura just paces around, observing the rest of the crew inside the garage as well as peeking into Sam's side of the garage while waiting for Erik's signal. After a while, Erik lets Laura know that the car is ready to go after a quick tweak by the mechanics. She puts on her gear, before climbing into the PF-2, the car which she named Aina.

Laura has a habit of talking to her car, something that she picked up during her time in the Aurun Rally Championship. It was something that stuck with her since then.

As the PF-2 starts up, Laura sighs then gently whispers. "Alright Aina, are you ready?"

"I'm ready as well..."

Then the crackle of the radio is heard followed by Erik's voice. "Radio check, one... two..."

"Heh, all clear Erik. We're ready to go."

"Great. First things first, have a feel for the new car, and let us know what you think. We can do some fine-tuning later on."

"Alright."

"Looks like you're going out first. Enjoy."

Laura goes on to start her runs around the circuit with the first few laps being familiarisation with the machine, trying to look for even the tiniest of details about the performance of the car. While she was doing this, she nearly spun at the final corner but managed to saved it. Lap after lap, she gradually increases her pace. And after a while, she returns to the pits for some fine tuning of her setup.

Climbing out of the car after being wheeled into the garage, Laura decided to head to the back for a quick break while the car is being worked on. She can be seen sitting alone at the back, munching on some bread that Juno got for her, enjoying her snacks while observing the entire garage and the monitors.

After getting back into the car, her times seemed to improve in a gradual manner with the biggest leap being in the second half of the AM Session as she clocks in her fastest time of the session. As a result, she was 12th fastest by the end of the session.

In the afternoon, Laura manages to set the 6th fastest time of the session while being focused on overall race pace and optimisation. She nearly spun several times pushing the car to its limits.

"Come on Aina, you can do it." She said off the radio as she does one more lap before returning to the pits. With skillful driving, she manages to do a near-perfect lap but it wasn't enough to improve on her fastest but she nonetheless enjoyed giving valuable feedback on the car and the setup.

She just hopes that no one found her stash of Juno's bread when she gets back.

Viska Garage
Pre-Season Test 1

Viska arrived at Eelandii with a new pair of drivers, and a new car. After an odd offseason for the team, they still have confidence in themselves and in their new drivers as work continued on as normal. Meanwhile, Jöna's schedule didn't allow him to be present in both tests and the first race so his duties fell onto Artur who is managing fine as acting team principal as he had taken up the role before and it was not bad for someone who is still racing part-time.

The two VK-03Hs, wearing a testing livery similar to what Viska used in the previous season, sat at the garage being worked on by the mechanics and engineers of their two drivers. WGPC rookie Aaron Deering and his race engineer, Esko Mirošu Viruvahtta, can be seen going over the functions of the car one last time before heading out. Sara Luna with her assigned race engineer, Jan Mikkeli Kovalenna, are working seamlessly due to their experience. The entire Viska garage is full of activity, something that Artur missed seeing as he carefully manages everything from within the garage.

"Remember, your times here doesn't reflect your actual performance. Just take your time and get used to the car first." Artur said to both drivers before they both head out to start their runs.

"Now, let's see how this goes."

Viska didn't perform well during their previous outings in the Eelandii Grand Prix Course but now, to Artur's surprise, they managed to keep up. It was not in race conditions but it still counted as before, they were several seconds off in this particular circuit. Artur remained realistic while acknowledging their progress. The true test of pace are at the races. As he starts thinking of several scenarios based on the current data received being the chief strategist he is.

At the end of the morning session, the two Viskas posted the 7th and 20th fastest times although Aaron reported some minor issues with the brakes which were later fixed at the latter half of the session. The times were respectable being close to the fastest time by SOC's Jordan Crowe. Then the afternoon session came and clouds covered the sky over the circuit. Both Sara and Aaron continued where they left off, pushing the car's limits and setting their fastest times of the session. While they're not within the top 10 fastest, at least progress was made. Significant or not, it was still important to note especially for development as it can be used as a base to improve upon.

This was all good news to Artur as he informs Jöna of the successful test with the intense data gathering as well as Aaron and Sara's performances. He is hopeful that they will get the results that they want but he is still uncertain. Well, it was still the beginning of the season and more change will soon come especially when Jöna finally returns to his team principal duties around the time of the second round of the season.

And now it's off to Mertagne for the second pre-season test.
#RiseAuruna!
#NagrüvaAuruna!

Note: I don't primarily use NS stats
Auruna's attackers in wars, in a nutshell
Clarkson : "Richard Hammond...
how's the braking going?"
Hammond : Sliding down the slope
"That's going well... it's going well."

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AURUNA
Litävinnenazyonalla Auruna

#ConLangGang
"Logistics is a fun mess of confusion and ammunition." - Auruna, 2020

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Race Eelandii VTGP Driver Selection Event

Postby Vilita and Turori » Wed May 17, 2023 8:33 am

Back at Race Eelandii Headquarters, following the completion of the Race Eelandii Open Drivers Test, Intoreil Palmsti'i and Juracai Klianiota discuss the performance of the drivers in the test. iBen Toralmintii enters into the discussion even though they have left all the decision making to the other two. Juracai Klianiota and iBen Toralmintii originally started racing together as teenagers during NSSCRA Season 4, and have been closely paired throughout their careers, including as teammates in the NS Super Formula Championship. The duo started Race Eelandii, a high performance driving school and development center on the grounds of the Eelandii Grand Prix Course. While both still race full time, they regularly tag back up for important decisions to be made. Day to Day operations of the Race Eelandii VTGP team fall to a trio of personnel, but Technical Director Intoreil Palmsti'i is the lead amongst them.

"Well I think the answer is clear, we take Stone." Palmsti'i stated. "Don't we?" Klianiota pondered for a moment. "I think we need to take a veteran driver. We don't need a pay driver."

"Exactly, so we take Stone." Palmsti'i stated again. "Right?"

"Take Sara Luna!" a voice from the other room shouted. It was iBen.

"She already signed with Viska!"

"What!"

"Yea, didn't you see her on the track earlier?" Klianiota snapped back "Why would you want Luna over Stone, Stone won a race last season"

"So what, winning doesn't give you championships. Trust me I know." iBen quipped. "Look at the last few races"

Taking the advice of the World Grand Prix Champion, Klianiota and Palmsti'i decided to actually sit down and look at the data. Sure enough, iBen wasn't wrong. They pulled up the last four races of WGPC Season 19, Sara Luna had the 2nd best average finish on the circuit. Only William Archer, who won two of the last three races, performed better in that stretch.

"So how did Stone do?" Palmsti'i asked. Klianiota scrolled down. And down. And down again. "Terrible. 24th. 21st. 24th. 21st. Worst on the grid of drivers that ran each of those four races."

"Damn." Palmsti'i responded. "And we're sure Luna is signed?"

..."She... was on the track in the official test. Driving for Viska. She's signed. she's gone. It's not going to happen."

"Maybe it was just a phase she'll snap out of, I mean she won a race!"

"At her home track!" iBen butted in yet again.

"More than you can say!" Juracai snapped back as they tried to continue the conversation with Palmsti'i. There was another consideration and they both knew it. Olivia Stone was an In-Motion driver, always had been. Race Eelandii had close ties with Tropicorp Racing Supply and Tropicorp Engineering. Would they see signing Olivia Stone as a coup for the brand, or a liability? Of course, any driver decision would still have to be approved by the primary sponsors, so Klianiota and Palmsti'i shifted course and focused on the funding.

Juracai set the tone: "Well the Dart Group already has their driver. Lane is going to race for them this season and they don't care who we put in the other car. I think Tropicorp are the same way. They give us free Tyres, I dont think its enough to get a say on who drives the car. We could get their thoughts, but I think it will be fine either way. Besides they would probably want a multi-season commitment from someone like Stone. It really comes down to twii.tur and I guess maybe our new partner, Tiones Lumber could havea say too"

"Well, Tiones Lumber was really impressed with the performances of Olivia and 'Nini' in the Tiones Lumber Drivers Challenge event." Intoreil added, "I think they would be happy with either driver"

"Yea well I thought we'd just talked ourselves out of Stone? Anyway, Tiones Lumber is going on one of the new AOGP cars, I doubt Olivia Stone would want to drop down to AOGP. Danielle perhaps. She's probably the one that impressed me the most in qualifying trim"

"Wasn't as great in race trim though"

"Well thats to be expected when all she's ever done before this is video games. I think shorter races like AOGP would be a good fit for her. You could see she had talent, but she doesnt have experience driving a hot, heavy car around a real track for hours. Even in the 20 minute session you could see her getting tired and her times fell off."

"Ok, well what about the others. If we aren't putting Tiones on the main car then really the only opinion that matters is twii.tur. Who do they want in the car?"

Juracai pondered. "Well, they want someone who uses twii.tur or can be marketed on twii.tur easily. Thats for sure. Lets consult the Motorsports Media Reference Guide to see who is active on twii.tur."

The two looked through the Guide. The Cocoabo were well represented. Of course, so was Sara Luna - it was a missed opportunity for Race Eelandii to make both their sponsors and owners happy. Nothing they could do about it now, however, Luna was gone. She was going to retire at Viska and Eelandii would have to move on.

"Oh, Donny is in the Top 100!" Intoreil exclaimed, having found the name of Fleftic driver Adonis Fitzepatrick among the Top 100 followed twii.tur Motorsports accounts. "Donny wasn't...bad... out there, at leat from my point of view."

"Is that what we've settled on now, 'wasn't bad'? - Donny did look pretty good in race trim but really strugged on the qualifying laps. Even that newcomer, Sandro Perez, was faster in qualifying. I know they have a twii.tur account. Even though they aren't in the Top 100 i know they tagged us in some twii before the test. Could just as easily be them."

"So what's more important to twii.tur, a driver that is already popular on twii.tur, or a driver that is going to help us win a championship?" Intoreil asked.

"I guess I'll just call them" Juracai said, picking up their communication device. and the other end picked up, "Hey its Juracai. We've completed our assesment from the driver test and wanted to review with you before going public with it. Yup. Yes, Thank You. Ok, Well I'm sure you saw the two fastest drivers in both sessions were Olivia Stone and the Cocoabo. Yes, Fast Cocobo lived up to the name. Yes. I know. We do have some concerns about Stone, her performance really dropped off at the end of last season. I know. No I haven't. I'm not sure if they even have an account, no, we checked the Top 100 twii.tur Motorsports handles and she wasn't there. Adonis Fitzpatrick was there. No, we're not. This Kid Perez has been picking up a following, but very raw, probably needs a season. Yea. Ok, I'll hold."

"They said they need to check something with Legal"

"Odd"

"Yes, Still here. Really? Ok. Yes, I think it will be fine. It will take some adjusting in the shop, but the talent is there. I was impressed with the consistency on the track, I followed behind them for a few laps and they always hit the mark. Got it. Yes we'll need to focus on converting the car before heading to Mertagne, then we can do a photo shoot after. Yup. Not a problem, we'll have Lani put some updated concepts together and send them your way. Thanks. Ok, Bye"

"They want the Cocoabo."

"Crap." Intoreil muttered. "I didn't really want to have to deal with all the conversions. That's why I was pushing for Stone."

"I know. They wanted Sara. We should have made a bigger offer for Sara. Now they are going to pivot and feature @CocoaboPark on the car, I guess legal said they've done it in NSSCRA already and they get a huge write-off for charitable contributions when they do it. We need to re-design the whole livery now. I guess you've got a lot of work to do, I'll take care of the AOGP stuff.

"Alright. Thanks for nothing!"

"Anytime."

Intoreil left as Juracai sat down in their desk. It was fairly dusty, Juracai had been on the road for the AOCAR circuit and out trackside all day, competing in the iROS event and then on track with the prospective Race Eelandii Drivers. He had hoped to spend some time at home, but with twii.tur's decision to put Fast Cocoabo in their WGPC car, there was just too much work for the teams Technical Director to also have to be concerned about the AOGP cars.

Juracai reviewed the data one more time. Perez wasn't much f aster than Richie Schmidt in the race trim but had over a tenth on him in qualifying trim. Julita Lérida had both of them beat flat out in Qualifying and Race trim. She had funding from the Amica Technological Company, but the AOGP team already had funding from twii.tur and Tiones Lumber. And as far as Juracai could tell, Lérida had no twii.tur account and didn't participate in the Tiones Lumber Drivers Challenge. They were fast but they were out. They could take that funding and buy a seat from nearly any AOGP team they wanted. Just wouldn't be Race Eelandii. Tiones loved Olivia Stone and the 'Mystic Lumberjack' video that was going around. They also liked Nini. Olivia Stone probably wouldn't accept an AOGP seat or a Reserve Seat - especially if they had to sign a two season deal with Tropicorp Racing Supply to ink it. And her stats at the end of WGPC 19 were just pitiful. Finally, there was Donny Fitzpatrick. His quali time was poor but in race trim he was solid enough, in the same ball park as the others. The only downside was he was late to the drivers meeting before the test. If it was important to him, why wasn't he on time? Juracai contemplated, then typed up a message to the Race Eelandii VTGP Contracts team with instructions on who to draw up contracts for, and which contingency contracts to have in place should any of the offered contracts be rejected.

Race Eelandii VTGP Offers in Order:
1. Cocoabo #23 to Drive the twii.tur WGPC Second Seat
2. Danielle Bugatti Johnsilvaturr to drive the RE:AOGP Entry sponsored by Tiones Lumber

Race Eelandii VTGP Would like further discussion with:
3. Sandro Perez to drive the RE:AOGP Entry sponsored by twii.tur (Under an assumption that Perez was 'born' in Atlantian Oceania to loosely comply with AOGP regulation in the event Nini Accepts, and, was not)
4. Olivia Stone to drive the RE:AOGP Entry sponsored by Tiones Lumber should "Nini" Decline
5. Adonis Fitzpatrick to drive the RE:AOGP Entry sponsored by twii.tur should Sandro Perez decline
6. All four drivers to join the Race Eelandii Development program and continue on-the-job evaluation to become Race Eelandii VTGP's official Reserve Driver and designated driver support (ICly) at the WGPC Mid-Season test

Race Eelandii VTGP Additionally proposes:
7. Other interested drivers to the AOGP Free Agent Driver Signup tab where they can be signed by any team with an open seat including Tropicorp Engineering and the Race Eelandii supported AOGP Motorworks team.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015

Postby Valentine Z » Wed May 17, 2023 9:38 am

Part 3 – Comebacks and Consistency.

1st Cpt. Angela Stella Trista Josephine Natalie Rv. E. Tps. “The Eternal Explorer” Bethany Alyssa Valeska Payton. Mikayla Gosling Josie Rowan Serenity Chelsea Lynette Hannah Tan Fang Ling got herself all suited up and ready for the upcoming Pre-Season Test, the very first one for this entire season. A dry day at Eelandii Grand Prix Course, she decided to run a couple of pre-test checks, along with trying to know the staff of Cygnus University perhaps other than Dr. Emerson and Lianna. Bredan is especially one of the persons that she needed to talk to – for a mix of simply knowing the guy and make friends, as well as to ensure that they are working together and not against one another. She thought of it, but with the checks needing to be done, along with her mind being a little too set on going for the test itself, Angela decided that she would talk to the guy in the afternoon, right after PM session is done. Angela hopped into her car, doing the same series of instructions and checks that she has learned from that trial, and making sure that she knows the buttons of her car. "Still have a bit of muscle memory," she remarked.

The morning session was rather average, the roads dry and perhaps even a little too warm for Angela's taste. Her first thought was that she did decently considering this being her first time on the course after years. The truth, however, was that she placed 24th when her best time is compared to the rest. Below her were Adriana Ela Kowalski Lillian and William Archer respectively, both of whom she felt a lot of pity for as well. Still, this was just the very first session of the very first test, and there were no points, scores, or any of the stakes involved. With that said, Angela felt that she should still do her best, especially with Cygnus University backing her (and Brendan) up with utmost amounts of respect, and she would have been disappointed with herself first if she keeps delivering them bad results. Eventually, the second test in the afternoon session – where the weather gets a little cloudy – Angela got the upper hand, both in terms of communicating with her team, knowing the course a little more, and ultimately, knowing how her car handles. Almost every single turn that she went for, she realised that the car was easy to handle, which would not be a bad thing normally. For Angela, however, she found herself overcorrecting and overturning a little too much, and that was as to why she started babying the steering wheel a little bit more during the second test. As a result, it paid dividends – come the time to check all of the best lap times, Angela was absolutely delighted to see that her timing was only 7 milliseconds away from the leader, and she placed 4th on the board. She would thank Dr. Emerson and Lianna at the end of the day, and she would attempt to talk to Bredan. Alas, there was something she needed to talk to the Cygnus team for, "Please do tighten the steering wheel, just a little bit."

Zastępca Strażnika Adriana Krystal Desiree “Cudowny Manipulacja Światłem” Venus Kowalski Faith Stanisława Engelse I. Cherise Krystyna Zaborowska Sztormowska Pamela Alina Re. T. Lillian had the only solace in the fact that she was consistent. However, that consistency wasn't exactly a lot to talk about and to be happy about when she ended up second, from the bottom. "First time, I guess," was all she could muster, because for once, it is simply a practice session and secondly, perhaps she could go for a bit of a test drive with the race car that she was in. She was not going to put the blame on the Eminent mechanics and engineers, not at all; it was simply that after years of absence and climbing back into the car, Adriana had to do a fair bit of calibration on the car, in order to align and fit in with her own driving style. And that was what she did. Right after the race, and after a bit of rest, she then approached the Eminent staff, along with the team principals and leaders amongst them. "No sign of Jane, I think," she thought to herself, wondering where her past trainer went; she would love to work with her, but if she was a bit busy, then there was no need for her to bother her. Moving on, Adriana talked to the staff, requesting some time with the car itself so that she could adjust her codes accordingly. "I will not be affecting your car, don't worry of that!" she explained, "I will need to interface and hook myself up to the car, and of course, I will do a read-only to the car's systems, statistics, and other things that I might find useful. I need to adjust myself so that, well, perhaps I can do better for the next test, and for the rest of the season." She finished it off with a hint of confidence in her voice, but at the same time, she did not want to be arrogant; after all, the other drivers were unwavering for victory.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

WGPC pt 4 - The 1st Test, Qs and As

Postby TJUN-ia » Wed May 17, 2023 10:54 am

WGPC20
1st Pre-Season Test
Eelandii, Turori

LC
And so, the cycle begins once again. For Lane Carter, the journey from Race Eelandii VTGP's headquarters to the paddock of the Eelandii Grand Prix Course was laughable - it's literally across the street from each other - but it also felt impactful, as this crossing of the street meant that WGPC20 was about to begin with the 1st Pre-Season Test. It was nice to see the other 25 drivers arrive at the front porch for this event, including good friends in Batu Tüvshinbayar and William Archer, but he also knew that once the engines started firing once again that the mood would permanently shift. A drivers meeting would go down before running got underway and as the only driver taking part representing the local team, Lane stepped forward to give a brief speech. "Today may be the continuation of your career or the start of your new one. In any case, welcome to Eelandii. To all those who have been here before, you know what to expect, and to those who don't, then you have 4 hours to figure it all out. There are no points available here but despite that, today is the day this journey starts. If things don't go well, then don't feel disheartened - you will have plenty of time to improve before points are on offer. If they do go well, then well done - but don't assume things will continue to be that way once points are on the line. We are all here as representatives of teams and nations because someone saw something in all of us - something that means we are permitted to drive one of the fastest cars in the world against each other. All of us, and the remaining two drivers yet to be confirmed, deserve this opportunity - so well done! Now, the work begins - so best of luck to you all."

With that, the morning session got underway - and things were tighter than the grip of an Arbok. Obviously, there were different tactics being deployed by different teams during this session, but to have all but 2 drivers within 2 tenths of the leading time of Jordan Crowe? That spoke to the talent there was out there and that certainly made things interesting. Lane himself would end up in P22, but still only 0.106 off Crowe in a session that mainly focused on getting used to these machines once again. During Lunch, Lane would wave hello to his former teammates at UrGa - the place where he started his career in WGP2 - before digesting some of the data with the team. The afternoon session would be even tighter and while Lane did end up at the rear, he was still only 6 tenths down on Ji So-Yeong during a session that they were focusing more on long runs than anything else. Sure, not being towards the front was a visual failure - but it wasn't as bad as you'd think.

The team's Open Driver's Test Session would come a day or so after the iROS event at the same track, but Lane was too busy in the simulator to pay too much attention to that battle as he was preparing for the 2nd test in Mertagne. Things are looking like it will be a battle between Olivia Stone and Fast Cocoabo for that seat...but he's told the team to not involve him in the decision-making process. No matter who comes out on top in this battle - Stone, #23 or even someone else - Lane will be ready to welcome them to REVTGP with open arms.

BT
Eelandii. The Road Started Here. Batu Tüvshinbayar had finally arrived at the WGPC table - and listening to the speech of friend Lane Carter proved that for a fact. Scuderia Orange Cow, Batu and Jordan Crowe had all made it to Eelandii to be a part of the World Grand Prix Championship - a situation that everyone was certainly delighted to be a part of...but how would things go in Turori for one of the many debuting teams on the grid?

Well, on the track, things were to tight and so much in the mood of 'going through the gears' that it was hard to fully determine just where everyone was, but both Batu and Crowe certainly got some good running out of the car - the first WGPC-spec car ever made by the team from Baker Park. In a tight morning session, Crowe would lead the way with Batu only 0.028 down in P13 while the afternoon would see Ji So-Yeong on top and both drivers within 0.150 of the pace, with Crowe in P17 and Batu in P19. Data was certainly collected in both and with the grid being as tight as it is, there is certainly still a bit of confidence that they can be at least somewhat competitive in the debut campaign...though a better picture on the grid may only occur after the 2nd test in Gernache, Mertagne. There was also the iROS event over the same testing week in which Batu was drawn randomly on pole and ended up in 2nd, just behind the legendary iBen Toralmintii.

Off the track, things were certainly interesting as Batu looked at all the different teams across the grid. Tropicorp-Colorworks was one that Batu looked at with almost a smug smile after their academy team (via NN) were the ones who made him go through so much hell in his first WGP2 season, while Race Eelandii got a smile as that is the team of Lane Carter, of course. UrGa? Well, they were here...but not with Donny, his future seemingly undecided as Skiia Vialiv was the only driver here for the team. That certainly brought concern upon the Mongolian as preparations began for the 2nd Test. Was Donny going to be on the grid? And if not...then would that be on Batu? Was Donny being 'distracted' in Baker Park fuck his chances of getting on the grid? Did Batu, unintentionally, fuck up the career of his friend? Because if he did...then he didn't know how he would cope with that guilt.

But there was one more piece of business that needed to be addressed in the immediate future - Media and PR. Helena Kaczakzy, the one who certainly helped him during that WGP2 campaign, has now been promoted to the Head of the new Transportation, Logistics and Travel Office of OCR, meaning Batu needed a new Media and PR Representative before the start of the season. Helena picked out three potential choices for the role - Ben 'Smitty' Smith, Shelly Brandywine and Robin Markham - and told Batu to choose who he wanted most. It certainly was a hard call to make, as all three of them would bring something to the role, but Batu had to make a decision and decided to go for Shelly. Shelly was both an optimist and someone who can deliver the punches when needed - which will be perfect in this debut season.
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Trans-Dniesters
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trans-Dniesters » Wed May 17, 2023 11:36 am

Urotovsky-Gatutin confirms Adonis Fitzpatrick as their second driver.

Urotovsky-Gatutin offers a testing/reserve driver role to Nepö Kinder, as well as an invitation to drive in AOGP for an UrGa-powered team.
The Democratic People's Republic of the United Socialist States of Pridnestrovia
Leader: President Field Marshal Stepan Stepanovich Stepanenko

Abanhfleft's post-Soviet dictatorship
Rushmore's a good place, да.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

2. Moving Forward

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Wed May 17, 2023 11:45 am

Nexus Racing HQ, Crossbay Circuit, Nimbus Bay, the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
5th of May

Victoria needs to be here for this.

“Stage one complete. When ready, proceed to stage two.” Lucia’s steel tones ring across the room. They vibrate behind the toughened screen in air thick with tension; if things go right in this moment, they will be well on their way, but if they go wrong. Nexus Racing have precious little time to spend, not after spending the past year and a half locked in a holding pattern.

They cannot afford to lose more. She needs to be here to see it, to know that they won’t – even if her nerves are such that her weight shifts from foot to foot near-once a second.

“Remote Imagination conveyance online! Orb… Yes – orb chambered!” Her teammate and fellow programmer, Tiffany Vallanite, plucky and good-hearted as ever in spite of recent events, reads off the sensor’s output with aplomb.

Another reason for Victoria to be here; her aura of positivity is beyond infectious.

“Flow confirmed – still no issues!”

“Stage two complete. When ready, proceed to stage three.”

All eyes turn to the room beyond the window. There, anchored by thick metal struts to the floor and surrounded by a precautionary shield of frozen air, shining blue, the Ultra High Speed Ground Vehicle 5, the ‘Chase Cutter’ – one of only two – as yet unpainted, bearing black and grey instead of silver, but otherwise assembled in its entirety, eight frustal wheels and all. Within, its core, a tangle of wires arranged just so to produce clear intent. A tangle whose mind is, in part, of Victoria’s design. The most practical reason.

In theory, it is almost as it was before. They have double checked and triple checked software and hardware, making certain that their unconscious selves compromised neither software nor hardware. They, it seems, did not.

In theory.

A quick check on her laptop, balanced precariously on a forearm, and she speaks herself. “Array confirmed still online.”

A glance to her other side – Alex Sanderson, her other team member, gives his own nod.

Victoria takes a breath.

“Static Imagikinetic convertor – commencing pseudonervous interaction!” She pushes the key.

The Chase Cutter blazes with light. Nothing yet – the shield does its job, responding and holding back the vehicle, but the readouts tell all that they do not. Victoria feels elation flood her body; she wants to jump for joy.

Not yet, not yet…

“Interaction successful – thrust vector is stable and within margin of error!” Another glance shot to Alex. Be ready.

Lucia’s voice rings out once more. “Stage two complete. When ready, proceed to stage three.”

“Imagielectric convertor.” Alex now. “Commencing pseudonervous interaction.”

The wheels spin up on their belts, moving faster, and faster, and faster. What talk remains hushes to hear the joyous cry of the motors beyond like a thousand of the birds that nest in the nearby cliffs, begging to be on the wing.

“Interaction successful… Maximum RPM achieved and sensor suite active.”

Tension mounts. Victoria readies herself.

“Stage three complete. When ready, proceed to stage four.”

“Dynamic Imagikinetic convertor.” Everything rests on this element. Losing half of the Imagikinetic propulsion, the directional Imagikinetic propulsion, would be a disaster even for a start to the season this erratic. If it is her work that will disrupt, she at least ought to be there to pick up the pieces.

“Commencing pseudonervous interaction.”

Even as she hits the key, the air feels drawn out of the room. The light from the machine beyond the window seems to brighten.

She dares look down at the screen.

Her heart leaps.

“Interaction confirmed…” A glance to Lucia. A nod back. “Begin directional adjustment.”

The wheels slowly, painfully slowly, angle leftwards, then rightwards. And, from the readout?

The force travels with them.

Victoria surges up, standing tall, face beaming. “Stable thrust vector, within parameters!” Cheering displaces any remaining disquiet; even Lucia smiles as she and Tiffany manage to confirm over the noise that the final element, the Imagithermal heating of the tyres, is similarly functional.

Well, there you are, Ryker… Your turn, now.

The pang of sadness and fear at that thought isn’t quite enough to blot out her elation. The distraction, and the space, have done their job well. A good thing she’s here.

15th of May; AM Test Session

Ryker need not name this car ‘Coalescence’. This car is so clearly the product of so many, of so much. He feels it in the lateral pull at every adjustment of the steering wheel, the way everything is drawn down and back when he touches at the brakes.

And, of course, the glorious, ecstatic SURGE from even a moment touching at the throttle pedal.

What need for him to name something that already so clearly is?

“Liking these camber adjustment settings, Martin,” he answers as he soars through Turn 9, a streak of blue light and matte grey striking across the surface of the track. The wheel is firmly pressed forward right now, tyres locked to their downward position to adhere to the tarmac through the bend. “Let Janne know?” Need to talk with him more in general, especially now…

“I can do so, Ryker.” The gentle melodies of Martin Veri’s voice glide through Ryker’s mind, and even if his instincts tell him that he’s as used to them as he ever has been, it is still beyond reassuring to hear. After everything, and Jean, and ‘Toria…

Victoria.

He’s slow to plant the wheels down again after a tiny lift on the long corner’s exit, slides a touch through Turn 10; the onboard computers and dynamic thrust of the car set him right as he shrugs it off, the tyres glowing slightly more intensely as they begin to reconstruct from the damage. Ryker shakes himself, thankful that this is the session he’s on a race run-plan. At least In Motion get some good data!

For now, he recomposes himself, braking for 11, swinging through, towards 12… The fiddliness of the upcoming section suits the Chase Cutter and his own driving style poorly, but he is still Ryker Lane, WGPC race winner and champion. He feels the car around him, the work of so many, and he binds it to himself as he has done so many times before.

(A mist of concern passes through his mind, for the one who taught him that.)

And he drives. It’s like he never stopped.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Wed May 17, 2023 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Mlima Kijani
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 26, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Mlima Kijani » Wed May 17, 2023 2:28 pm

Article from news magazine The New Week National Atlantic News Spectating Economist Time Man.

In The Land Of The Blind, The One Eyed Driver Is Queen?

Mlima Kijani racing driver Lillý Náttmörðsdóttir has become the first Kijani driver ever to be signed by a WGPC team after agreeing terms with Sivaleinen LCR Origas, a new team based out of Mertagne. The team, a collaboration between fashion house Sivaleinen, former open-wheel team Lekueder Country Racing, and energy company Origas, is new to the WGPC paddock, and announced Náttmörðsdóttir as their second driver after she exceeded expectations in an unusually strong showing at their test day. Náttmörðsdóttir, better known for perennial last place finishes on the recent OWARS season, blamed her surprise win in the Sivaleinen test day race on a “technical malfunction”. Although a small number of Kijani soccer, basketball, and gridiron players have found playing time overseas, Náttmörðsdóttir’s signing makes her by far the highest profile athlete to come out of the Atlantian Oceanian jungle republic. Yet in her home country, her signing has been met, not with wild jubilation, but a ripple of disapproval.

It doesn’t take long to notice that Lillý Náttmörðsdóttir is not your typical Kijani. White, with blonde hair and blue eyes – much like her teammate Kingston Walcott of Delaclava – her appearance alone makes her stand out; even her name is a clear outlier. Náttmörðsdóttir does not speak fluent Ruhangoro, Kayura or Mkusesa, the three national languages of the country; instead, like most White Kijanis, she speaks Barafu, a Græntfjaller creole incorporating assorted Schutzenphalian and Kijani language loanwords. The language is sufficiently similar to Græntfjall that there, she can get by with only the occasional quizzical look over some specific bit of vernacular or twang of her accent. In purely demographic terms she would seem far more at home in the Rushmori White Winter Queendom thousands of miles from the country where she was born and grew up.

Not so, Náttmörðsdóttir herself claims. Her social media feed is full of pictures of her family’s bushland home. She re-twiis Kijani recipes, flies the Kijani flag in her InstaSnap handle, and supports Kijani charities, notably wildlife conservation trusts and anti-poaching initiatives; this season in WGPC, she plans to drive with a patch on her racing suit supporting the Uaminifu wa Uhifadhi wa Tembo organization, which works to rescue and rehabilitate elephants, rhinos, and other bushland fauna. After signing with Sivaleinen she flew back to her family’s farm in Luwekiso, and released promotional shots driving her old jeep around the Kiresi Nature Preserve. But missing from these photos and videos is much evidence of international with Kijani people themselves. From Luwekiso, to the gated community Bolungarvatn neighborhood in Nzoro City, almost every person she consorts with and calls friend and family is White.

Whites make up about 2% of the Kijani population according to the most recent available data. That’s down from over 8% in the mid 20th century, and emigration has increased rapidly in recent years; 20 years ago, some 4% in the census were White. Contrary to public perception, the majority of the remaining 2% are not wealthy landowners, but middle class workers in civil service and technical positions. Most live in communities like Bolungarvatn, heavily gated off and protected by professional security. These numbers do not include the Græntfjaller special forces currently on assignment in the south of the country, working with Banijan paramilitaries to defeat the el-Masri Network in Mlima Kijani (MNMK). But while the majority are not wealthy landowners, it is the small minority who own disproportionate amounts of land and capital who draw the most ire from the other 96% of the population.

The White minority are a relic of a colonialist past rooted in exploitation. First hardwood, then rubber, then petroleum: Mlima Kijani proved rich in a succession of natural resources, lacking only the ability to prevent foreign expropriators arriving. While in Græntfjall the royal family was toppled and communism imposed, Mlima Kijani – known then as the Kingdom of Ánni – was ruled as a personal fiefdom of the puppet kings, who were in turn in thrall to expatriate Græntfjallers who made their home away from home a bastion of anti-communism. Decades on as Græntfjall overthrew communism and proclaimed a new era of freedom and democracy, Kijanis themselves still labored under the brutal diktat of foreign mining interests. That ended with the Kijani Revolution, led by Abdu Zahar Hamadi and Chane Njuguna, heads of the National Revolutionary Movement (NARM). The modern nation state of Mlima Kijani was born, free at last of its colonial oppressors. Within weeks, Whites – many of them third generation Kijanis who had never known anywhere else as home – began streaming out of the country.

The lack of land redistribution in the wake of independence remains a sore spot. Left wing opponents of Njuguna, now Chairman of the Permanent Revolutionary Council and de facto president-for-life of the country, have advocated for forcibly reclaiming farms from white ownership, as well as taking on “monopoly capital”, which they identify as the source of Mlima Kijani’s continuing underdevelopment. Recalling the severe economic shock that knocked points of the country’s GDP when tepid economic reforms aimed at renationalizing some industries were first undertaken, Njuguna has been reluctant to engage in such reforms. Once the firebrand liberator of his people, he now serves as the best friend to white Kijanis’ interests. But even a president-for-life is not immortal, and there are concerns among many about who will succeed him, and what policies they might unleash in a bid to renew the economic fortunes of one of the world’s poorest countries.

Náttmörðsdóttir herself “doesn’t do politics”, at least in public. Her public statements are so tailored as to be quite bland: no real criticism of the government but vague platitudes about concern for the situation in Mlima Kijani. It’s not clear whether “the situation” means the status of white farm owners like her parents, or of the 27% of the public infected with VODAIS; the safety of white gated communities like Bolungarvatn, or the perilously high infant and maternal mortality rates. In private, she is reportedly more forthright. She has inherited from her parents not just a love of the runnaland and a deep concern for the plight of elephant calves – but a searing and abiding hatred of “international communism”. Off the record, one can find her with few if any good words to say about post-independence Mlima Kijani, and the occasional unverified allegation that she is prone to referencing “Ánni”, the pre-independence name, seen as something of a dog-whistle for anti-independence politics.

The lack of affection is fairly reciprocal. Most Kijanis have not even heard of her. The WGPC does not enjoy a large following in the country and enthusiasm that a Kijani driver will appear in this season’s races is quickly tempered when the identity of that driver is revealed. In bars in Ntukabanda and Nzoro, all the TV sets are tuned to football or basketball. “Miss Lillý” is by all accounts fairly popular among the Kijanis who work on the family’s farm, but this personal affection has hardly filtered out into the nation as a whole. The independence movement in the south, the civil war against Islamist militants, issues of every day health, hygiene and nutrition, the parlous economy, endemic corruption, criticism of the brutal crackdown on last month’s food and gas price protests. And soccer scores. Kijanis have a lot to be concerned about. The plight of one driver, totally unrepresentative of 99% of their society, does not feature highly on the list.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports