NATION

PASSWORD

[Tennis/NSTT] Outdoor hard court season 9 [RP/Results]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:13 pm

Singles — Round 1 (bottom half)
Section 5
Georg Heraklit (PUG) 5 2 3
Xander Foyner-Devatee (CEN) 7 6 6

Maria Sharanova (USR) 3 6 3 4
Tristan Armstrong (DEX) 6 2 6 6

Lucas Parvash (ACS) 4 5 7 7 4
Elena Cibulkova (USR) 6 7 6 5 6

Filipe Korf (LIS) 6 3 0 7 6
Eva Sarvan (ACS) 4 6 6 5 4

Ralph Newkarn (BRI) 6 6 6
Anneliese Damsgard (LIS) 4 2 0

Vladimir Tarpischev (USR) 6 6 2 6
Paula Blomqvist (MEL) 2 3 6 3

Maddison Scott (ETM) 5 6 6 6
Ljubomir Ivanković (SRE) 7 1 2 4

Michael Juno (QAD) 7 6 6 6
Martina Aguero (JUE) 6 3 7 3

Section 6
Janet Riley (ETM) 6 6 1 3
Johmer Vales (CEN) 2 7 6 6

Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (PCU) 5 2 2
Dora Klemenčić (SRE) 7 6 6

Aline Luiza Romão (CDO) 6 7 1 0
Erik Burawa (HOP) 7 5 6 6

Kirigundi Padurjili (PCU) 2 4 3
Ayu Diah Padmi (PCU) 6 6 6

Indah Susanti (PCU) 6 7 3 6 7
Alexis Davidson (GYO) 7 6 6 3 5

Kora Sunder (QAD) 7 6 3 6
Damir Pernar (DOT) 6 2 6 1

Sigrid Vasakärven (PUG) 6 6 6 6
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 7 0 3 4

Hallie Baker (GYO) 4 2 1
Iris Bergadhga (ACS) 6 6 6

Section 7
Ardil Navsal (CEN) 4 7 6 3 7
Kaustuv Kublev (USR) 6 5 2 6 5

Leone Na (BRI) 6 6 6 6
Aoife Morrow (MEL) 4 4 7 2

Andrew Simmons (ETM) 7 6 6
Timaeus Andersson (PUG) 5 3 2

Kush Acharya (BRI) 3 4 2
Derek Dubrovnik (BRI) 6 6 6

Sibylla Naess (PUG) 6 6 6
Kyrsten Fletcher (HOP) 2 1 1

Derby Cuellar (UAD) 4 6 6 4 5
Kanoa Faye (ARC) 6 2 1 6 7

Valentina Spetsova (TJU) 2 3 6
Lacey John (UAD) 6 6 7

Noah Damaris (CEN) 7 4 2 7 6
Byron Aucamon (CEN) 6 6 6 6 3

Section 8
Dioro Hansil (CEN) 6 6 3 6 4
Florian Durigan (LIS) 7 3 6 0 6

Mihaela Ioana Prisco (NTN) 6 4 2 4
Ken Pollock (TJU) 2 6 6 6

Rog Ion Tralito (NTN) 3 6 4 6 7
Hana Kaori (NTN) 6 0 6 3 5

Iohanna Márcia Enderssen-Moura (NTN) 4 5 2
Anne Valens (LIS) 6 7 6

Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU) 2 6 2 6 7
Toby Lindberg (MEL) 6 4 6 4 5

Bruno Radmar (ACS) 5 4 5
Alina Koreleva (SRE) 7 6 7

Augusta Björnstjärna (PUG) 6 6 4 6
Philippe Baloui (TJU) 4 3 6 4

Maria Cláudia Amúlio (NTN) 3 2 4
Ion Victor Amúlio (NTN) 6 6 6
Last edited by Ceni on Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Archalit
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Archalit » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:11 pm

Kanoa Wins!
Kanoa Faye 3 - 2 Derby Cuellar

In her debut match, Kanoa Faye came out on top in a close 3 - 2 match, coming back from 1 - 2 to defeat Derby Cuellar.
Derby Cuellar (UAD)                      4   6   6   4   5
Kanoa Faye (ARC) 6 2 1 6 7

This match has been dubbed her "wake-up call" by Archalitian fans. You may notice that, after winning her first set 4 - 6, her ego got the better of her, and she proceeded to get absolutely dominated by Derby 6 - 2 and 6 - 1. Admittedly, she pulled herself together and came back to win, but it was truly the moment Kanoa realised: she isn't gonna be easily winning anymore.

Tennis: A non-Archalitian sport
Archalit's most popular sports include Volleyball, long-distance running, and more recently, association football. It is only in the region of Kimje that Archalit truly has a big Tennis population.

Kimje is the region born from territory formerly owned by Xanadi, one of the neighboring nations of Archalit which have ceased to exist. Xanadi was the Tennis capital of Opasna, the continent they are on. As a result, Kimje inherited tennis's popularity. Furthermore, the area in Xanadi now known as Kimje featured the strongest tennis team in the continent, with players being brought from abroad to play, further adding to it's popularity.

Overall, Kimje is considered the tennis capital of Archalit, and the area is home to many talented players, coaches, and facilities. The sport is deeply ingrained in the culture of the city and is a source of pride for its residents. Even though the other regions of Archalit do not have the same level of engagement with the game, the Kimje residents have kept the tradition and the game alive, with regular competitions and tournaments happening throughout the year.
Trigramme: ARC
PRAF Enlistee

Sporting Achievements
BoF 80 Runners-Up
ECC 6 Champions
CoH 86 Bronze Medalists

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:06 am

CENIAN OPEN- season 9

KORELEVA AND KLEMENČIĆ IN TO SECOND ROUND, END ROAD FOR LJUBO!

BY

IVAN JURLINA

Dear viewers, welcome to the show "IT'S TENNIS TIME!"
With the matches of the bottom half draw, the first round in the singles competition is completed. today three of our tennis players played, and Alina Koreleva and Dora Klemenćić were successful. However, Ljubomir Ivanković did not manage to create a surprise.

Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (PCU)               5   2   2
Dora Klemenčić (SRE) 7 6 6

In the first round, Dora Klemenčić had a player from Pemecutan, Aya Ratih Kemalasari, as her opponent. Dora is currently in 117th place and needs a win to secure a possible entry into the top 100.
She is our youngest tennis player and maybe even the youngest in the whole lot, so it is not surprising that our tennis player was nervous at the start of the match. Dora lost her serve right at the start, making 2 double service faults. But as the match progressed her game picked up and Ayu Ratih Kemalasari had a lot of trouble holding her serve when she served. With the score 5-4 for Aya Ratih Kemalasari and his serve to win the first set, Dora managed to make a break and tie the game at 5-5. It is the turning point of the match because after that break, Dora won 6 consecutive games, won the first set 7-5 and took a 4-0 lead in the second set. Ayu Ratih Kemalasari had no answer for this fast and aggressive game of our tennis player.
In the third set, Dora continued in the same rhythm as the previous one, quickly gaining a 4-0 lead. Ayu Ratih Kemalasari managed only to suffer defeat.

"Blah, I was a little nervous at the beginning, I was thinking too much, and that's not good at all. When I let go of my hand, cleared my head of thoughts, I caught my rhythm, imposed my game and then everything went according to plan."

REPORTER: Johmer Vales, the local tennis player, beat Janet Riley. what do you know about him and what kind of game are you preparing?

"I don't know anything for now, I didn't even know who my next opponent was. My tactics are always the same, which is to play my game, try to stay aggressive and focused."

Bruno Radmar (ACS)                       5   4   5
Alina Koreleva (SRE) 7 6 7

Our fourth best tennis player Alina Koreleva was successful in her first match this season. Her debut at the Cenian Open ended with a win in three straight sets against the player from Acastanha, Bruno Radmar. Bruno Radmar showed good tennis and he is a very fast player, returning almost everything into the court. Alina had to work hard and reduce the errors wich she made a lot. In the first set, she had 24 unforced errors, but despite that, she managed to break and take the first set 7-5.
In the second set, she reduced unforced errors and was more focused, building the game and building points. However, Bruno Radmar is a player who runs everything and returns, and that created pressure for her. Again, one break was enough to win the set.
In the third set, Alina again makes a lot of errors but hits a lot of winners. Bruno Radmar is slowly but visibly getting tired from the intense running. Alina uses the opportunity and at 5-5 makes a break and ends the set and the match.

ALINA KORELEVA

"I am not satisfied with my game. For better results, I have to have a fluid game without too many unforced errors. Bruno Radmar is a tough competitor. He is a fast player, he has fast feet, he returns everything inside the field and forces you to make more shots, which annoys the opponent. and make a mistake. I just didn't have my game today but despite that I won and that gives me confidence."

REPORTER : Next is Dewa Putra Adrian Putra, top 10 player.

"He moves very well, very good at transitioning the game from defense to attack, great competitor but sometimes he plays unrecognizably. Last season was good for him, he had good results and I definitely I need to be at a higher level than today."

Maddison Scott (ETM)                     5   6   6   6
Ljubomir Ivanković (SRE) 7 1 2 4

Ljubomir Ivanković qualified for the first round of the Ceninan Open. The 276th player in the world still failed to surprise the 20th seed Maddison Scott from Electrum. Although he won the first set and it seemed that Ivanković could make a upset, Maddison Scott did not want to agree with that.
In the next two sets, Maddison Scott increases the intensity of her's game, sppeding up her rhythm. She changes her's style of game and approaches to the net more and more. Ljubo needed time to adapt to that game, but Maddison Scott already made a significant advantage by winning the next two sets very convincingly 6-1, 6-2. In the last set, Ljubomir still pressures his opponent and looks for a way to turn the match in his favor. But in one of his service games, with a bchand diagonal he almost knocks his opponent out of the court, Maddison Scott returns that shot with great difficulty and Ljubo misses the empty court on the volley. There was a turning point that shook his confidence again, and a player like Maddison Scott knows how to use it very well.

" Returning to big tournaments and big matches is not easy. It will take me some time to get back into competitive rhythm. I worked very hard . I believe that step by step I will achieve my goal. Unfortunately today was not that day, Madison was great and she give me no chance."

TODAY AT CENIAN OPEN

We saw that a lot of seeded players dropped out of the tournament, the second player in the world Georg Heraklit and the eighth player Foger Rederer are the most famous names, so we still expect a lot of excitement today. In the first round of singles, our players had 7/8 wins. That's really great. However, now we enter the second round where things become much more difficult and complicated. We hope that our players will stay focused.
In addition to singles, doubles also take the courts. Our best doubles players will try to pass the first round. Špiričić/Korelva and Farkaš/Ibrahimović are our best representatives. However, we will see how much the remaining two doubles can do.
Therefore, dear viewers, stay with us today as new great excitement begins at the Cenian Open.

Dexterra
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:26 pm

28 January 2023

DEXTENNIS

served to you by the Dexter Tennis Union

Thank You For Reading Est. 19 November 2021 Court XIV Match III (archive)

Tennis testifying under oath of office

by Mason Woodmere and Maxine Woodmere | Cenial, Ceni | Previous

"I, Mason Woodmere, do solemnly swear that I will dutifully perform the responsibilities of Deputy City Manager…"

The city of New Foggy Bottom, Dexterra, has been busy lately. After inaugurating a fresh slate of democratically-elected city leaders including a certain diamond-studded Woodmere, this fourteenth-largest city in our nation has gotten right to work taking care of all 120,328 residents. Some of its most pressing issues include increasing educational spending and supporting equal access to housing, healthcare and food, as the New Foggy Bottom metropolitan area maintains one of the nation's highest rates of dropouts, homelessness and malnutrition. Situated by the River Patawomeck, it is also home to one of the nation's largest ongoing environmental cleanup efforts. Fortunately, the city also boasts one of the largest performing arts centers, a major historical landmark and several oldest neighborhoods.

Suffice it to say that it will certainly be a challenge to serve New Foggy Bottomers as their Deputy City Manager while still a member of Dexterra's sole national doubles tennis team - one that hopefully seems to be making progress, having transformed last year's Cenian Open semifinals run into a magical Diamond Trophy title. But at this year's Open, practice time will be limited, training will be reserved and focus will be constrained both on and off the court. It may not have been the best idea in hindsight, but then again, duty calls and doesn't leave a message.

Local leadership greatly influences daily life throughout Dexterra, and can make a noticeable positive difference in people's lives. Mayors of cities, towns and rural communities are the highest elected local positions, and can sign bills into law, direct local daily operations and manage local government employees except unions and other elected positions. Deputy Mayor is the second-highest, and serves Mayoral duties when needed, represents the Mayor as necessary and tiebreaks legislative impasses. Below them, City Managers and Deputy City Managers execute daily local operations, control the budget and prepare programs to address community needs. Finally, there are Delegates numbered proportionally by population who form a 'city council' called a Delegation, and write legislation, vote on bills and inspire civic engagement. All of this, of course, is a vast oversimplification of the many duties, responsibilities and tasks performed by local leaders throughout our nation.

Working with 121 Delegates, Mayor Alexandra Kennedy, Deputy Mayor Virginia Lenfant and City Manager Pierre Gatewater, myself and all leaders in so-called 'Foggier Bottom' have a number of plans and ideas in mind to address city needs. First and foremost, we are working with the Dexter Assistance Bureau (the nation’s main welfare program) and the National Finance Council to increase universal basic income payments from $3,589 a month to $4,450 a month, which would afford nearly everyone an extra month of rent. As well, we hope to open 7 more grade schools, 12 libraries and one new national campus of Citizen’s University. And we are also looking to create a free breakfast and dinner program for schoolchildren to complement a nationwide free lunch system, with which many other localities have experienced immediate moral and academic success. Naturally, there are some challenges - many Delegates are fiscally conservative, and want to implement these changes when they are affordable to taxpayers, which could potentially subtract quality, quantity or both. Other Delegates are staunch environmentalists who seek to mitigate human impact on nature, even at the cost of impact on humans.

Of course, working with local leaders to make a difference won’t be anything like beginning this year’s Cenian Open by taking on Sora Alya and Yashiro Toshiro, debutants from Archalit introducing their terrific national tennis program. Even before us Woodmeres brought home double Diamond dreams come true, we remembered that we had begun the year as surprise grand slam semifinalists, so our resolution this New Year is to make an incredibly boring and predictable run to a slam finals. But we have to take it one match at a time. Alya and Toshiro could easily outshine us, Diamond style.

Guess that would be okay though, because we’d head right back to New Foggy Bottom, where the city Delegation is considering a number of bills…

Edit: correcting factual accuracy - 'fourteenth-largest city [...]' was originally printed as 'fourth-largest [...]'

Last edited by Dexterra on Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:12 pm

THREE TO SEE: CENIAN OPEN, DAY 3
Day 2 of the main draws here at the National Tennis Centre in Ceni already produced a number of upsets and exciting matches, with Xander Foyner-Evatee outperforming our prediction and Johmer Vales fulfilling our prediction on the dot. Sadly for Cenian entries, though, Dioro Hansil suffered a shock loss to wild card Florian Durigan of Lisander. We're fully ready for Day 3 of the tournament and the beginning of the doubles tournament... so here are three to see on Day 3:

(17) Tena Špiričić (SRE) vs. Marisa Maradona (CEN)
Well, one name is considerably easier to type than the other. Unfortunately, that doesn't help us in our analysis any! Nonetheless, we think it's easy to declare Tena Špiričić the presumptive favourite for this match. Maradona just came out of a monster of a five-set match in the last round; Špiričić had to play four sets, saving up her energy for this second round encounter. Plus, we've seen a lot more consistency from Špiričić (after all, she did reach the final at the last Electrum Slam), whereas it's taken a while for Maradona to be able to even string a few wins together. On the whole, it's likely to be a slam dunk for the player from Srednjaci, who has an added incentive: Playing in the Cenian Open for the very first time. In that sense, she certainly has more to prove than Maradona.

Winner: Špiričić

(16) Ana Radkkar/Eva Radkkar vs Jac Iegis/Cornelis Zapfe (CEN/PUG)
This is an intriguing match: a seeded team that has been around for a few seasons versus a new, but exciting, partnership from Ceni and Gnejs that has been lauded in publications such as Cenisport. While we have a few seasons' worth of (middling) results for the Raddkars, we only have one match to go off of to look at Iegis and Zapfe's budding partnership. But that one match is pretty good for them: In the qualifying competition, they absolutely creamed fellow newcomers Tomás Nascimento and Duarte Cerqueira by only losing one game. In particular, they have the bombastic game with powerful forehands and great volleys, enough to literally blow Nascimento and Cerqueira off the court. While the Radkkars are certainly more experienced than the duo from Archalit, we think Iegis and Zapfe's game style will be enough to overpower the Radkkars' relatively defensive strategy.

Winner: Iegis/Zapfe

Jana Arkinn/Myria Primarch (CEN) vs. Valentina Spetsova/Austin McDanielson (TJU)
This is another intriguing match, if only because Valentina Spetsova and Austin McDanielson — a former Grand Slam champion, on hard courts, no less — have fallen outside the top 16 seeds, and had to cross their fingers that they didn't draw a seeded team in the first round. In that sense, they succeeded, drawing Jana Arkinn and Myria Primarch of the home nation. Certainly, the home duo will have the home crowd on their side, and they have some recent(ish) successes, notably a semifinals appearance at the New Oxford Masters, also on home soil. Unfortunately, the CTF's policy of splitting up teams to get under Tier 2 point restrictions has meant that the two have not played together too much in the recent past. Even if Spetsova and McDanielson haven't been enjoying good results of late, their chemistry together is undeniable, and they won't have to relearn how to play with each other again.

Winner: Spetsova/McDanielson
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:04 pm

Singles — Round 2
Section 1
Dorotea Granit (PUG) 6 6 6
Eric Agostino (JUE) 3 2 3

Komang Agus Artawan (PCU) 6 6 4 6
Crystal Stephens (URM) 3 3 6 0

Jack Ho (ETM) 7 6 3 6
Ioana Amúlio Constantinescu (NTN) 5 4 6 4

Tena Špiričić (SRE) 2 3 7 6
Marisa Maradona (CEN) 6 6 6 7

Section 2
Igor Matković (SRE) 7 6 2 6
Hakim Kalah-Mustafa (TJU) 6 3 6 1

Ivan Štimac (SRE) 7 7 6
Livinia Moore (ETM) 6 5 3

Joe Katsi (TJU) 6 7 6
Lukas Valerio (BRI) 0 5 2

Isis Dimpal (ACS) 6 6 3 4
Ingrid Dal (PUG) 4 7 6 6

Section 3
Michael Loy (DEX) 6 6 6
Shinji Makauchi (TJU) 2 3 2

Jason Gordon (BRI) 6 6 6
Indigo Crawford (UAD) 4 4 1

Kim Chester (UAD) 4 6 3 6 2
Aaliyah de León (BRI) 6 2 6 4 6

Lucija Bagarić (SRE) 6 6 6 6
Jumal Huyluer (HOP) 3 4 7 2

Section 4
Lonus Varalin (CEN) 4 7 6 0 6
Petra Mačinković (SRE) 6 5 4 6 4

Marcus Hathwar (ETM) 7 2 6 6 3
Vivian Walsh (UAD) 6 6 4 7 6

Ricardo Toli (BRI) 6 4 3 6 3
André Bapako (ACS) 1 6 6 4 6

Scott Durin (LIS) 6 4 6 6 6
Saber de Granat (LIS) 2 6 4 7 1

Section 5
Xander Foyner-Devatee (CEN) 6 6 6
Tristan Armstrong (DEX) 2 1 4

Elena Cibulkova (USR) 6 6 7 6
Filipe Korf (LIS) 7 3 5 4

Ralph Newkarn (BRI) 7 5 6 6
Vladimir Tarpischev (USR) 6 7 3 2

Maddison Scott (ETM) 2 6 3 6 8
Michael Juno (QAD) 6 4 6 2 6

Section 6
Johmer Vales (CEN) 6 6 6
Dora Klemenčić (SRE) 4 3 3

Erik Burawa (HOP) 7 6 6
Ayu Diah Padmi (PCU) 5 3 4

Indah Susanti (PCU) 6 6 4 3
Kora Sunder (QAD) 1 7 6 6

Sigrid Vasakärven (PUG) 3 6 7 6
Iris Bergadhga (ACS) 6 1 6 4

Section 7
Ardil Navsal (CEN) 6 6 5 6
Leone Na (BRI) 4 2 7 2

Andrew Simmons (ETM) 2 6 6 3 6
Derek Dubrovnik (BRI) 6 4 2 6 2

Sibylla Naess (PUG) 3 6 3
Kanoa Faye (ARC) 6 7 6

Lacey John (UAD) 2 6 6 6 6
Noah Damaris (CEN) 6 3 7 2 2

Section 8
Florian Durigan (LIS) 6 6 4 2
Ken Pollock (TJU) 4 7 6 6

Rog Ion Tralito (NTN) 7 6 6
Anne Valens (LIS) 6 3 4

Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU) 6 6 6
Alina Koreleva (SRE) 1 4 2

Augusta Björnstjärna (PUG) 6 6 7
Ion Victor Amúlio (NTN) 3 4 6

Doubles — Round 1
Section 1
Elia Xal/Fia Xal (CEN) 6 6
Oscar Lamurdela/Rebecca Vasankar (ACS) 3 3

Bruno Ayragadh/Chandra Wiguna (ACS/PCU) 6 6
Simon Oxford/Will Washer (QAD) 3 4

Ana Radkkar/Eva Radkkar (ACS) 6 3
Jac Iegis/Cornelis Zapfe (CEN/PUG) 7 6

Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi (PCU) 6 2 6
Vladimir Bekhov/Irina Sabalenka (USR) 3 6 4

Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (CEN) 7 6 7
Bryson Dingley/Nissa Tran (ETM) 6 7 5

Vuyani Rabada/Kaui Kamakawiwo'ole (TJU) 6 3 4
Dora Klemenčić/Petra Mačinković (SRE) 4 6 6

Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (ETM) 6 6
Elisabeth Wallin/Okoth Adida (NYK) 4 4

Alen Glesnik/Vječeslav Korent (DOT) 4 6 1
Indigo Crawford/Dale Carman (UAD) 6 4 6

Section 2
Jaguar Zenteanite/Zeke Newham (BRI) 6 7
Kora Sunder/Ven Van Der Vin (QAD) 4 5

Jayadi Ahmad/Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 7 0 2
Aaren Seabrooke/Lacey John (UAD) 6 6 6

Marcus Hathwar/Jack Ho (ETM) 6 0 3
Iria Valens/Tea Valens (LIS) 3 6 6

Jana Arkinn/Myria Primarch (CEN) 6 6
Valentina Spetsova/Austin McDanielson (TJU) 4 2

Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) 7 6
Theo Hopkins/Magnus Larsen (MEL) 6 2

Leanne Stewart/Rachel Simon (ETM) 3 2
Rachel Archibald/Phillip Mabott (BRI/BPE) 6 6

Mason Woodmere/Maxine Woodmere (DEX) 6 6
Sora Alya/Yashiro Toshiro (ARC) 1 4

Section 3
Arne Oxwald/Georg Heraklit (PUG) 6 6
Leone Na/Abi Forrest (BRI) 1 2

Nathan Bensaïd/Kell Korden (BRI/CEN) 7 6
Madeleine Jeffries/Karina Gourde (HOP) 6 1

Ricardo Toli/Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) 6 6
Mihai Caeso Mihailescu/Márcus Gabriel Alencastro (NTN) 3 2

Ilonka Plevnik/Mihaela Mazurkijević (DOT) 6 3 3
Kim Chester/Vivian Walsh (UAD) 2 6 6

Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) 7 6
Kyrsten Fletcher/Jumal Huyluer (HOP) 6 4

André Bapako/Isis Dimpal (ACS) 6 1 2
Dusan Ivanovic/Will Nolovor (CDO/CEN) 3 6 6

Sibylla Naess/Timaeus Andersson (PUG) 6 7
Miguel Taberon/Pedro Arrachar (ACS) 3 5

Maria Cláudia Amúlio/Iohanna Márcia Enderssen-Moura (NTN) 4 4
Mihai Caeso Mihailescu/Márcus Gabriel Alencastro (NTN) 6 6

Shrook Ionescu/Shahenda Ionescu (NTN) 6 1 3
Ljubomir Ivanković/Martin Ocvirek (SRE/RAS) 2 6 6

Section 4
Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (ETM/CEN) 6 6
Damir Pernar/Bojan Nož (DOT) 4 2

Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE) 7 4 6
Kim Li Bo/Mei Li Bo (TJU) 6 6 0

Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE) 6 6
Augusta Björnstjärna/Anthony Kawasaki (PUG/ETM) 3 3

Felipe de Michelis/Mar Sarriegi (JUE) 7 6 6
Teagan Cantrell/Derby Cuellar (UAD) 6 7 4

Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati (PCU) 6 6
Tommy Anderson/Pauletta Stone (URM) 2 1

Viktor Volchyashev/Anna Puchkova (USR) 4 7 5
Sigrid Vasakärven/Botack Andiam (PUG/CEN) 6 6 7

Emily Romanescu/Amarsin Gandas (ADB) 6 6
Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani (PCU) 3 1

Roman Aven/Anastasia Vesnina (USR) 2 4
Éric De Witte/Gauvain Deniel (VAR) 6 6

Edit 1: Doubles match in Section 3 was inadvertently omitted; the match was scorinated and added in.
Last edited by Ceni on Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Archalit
Spokesperson

Postby Archalit » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:58 pm

The Footing Has Been Found!
Kanoa Faye 3 - 0 Sibylla Naess

In an absolutely stellar display by Kanoa Faye, the player took down world ranked #14 and Gnejsian rank #3 Sibylla Naess in an incredible display of strength.
Sibylla Naess (PUG)                   3   6   3
Kanoa Faye (ARC) 6 7 6

It was truly the match Kanoa had been looking for, facing off against an opponent far stronger than from her previous match. However, unlike in that match, she knew no one here would be pushovers like back home. After losing two early games in the first set, Kanoa found her footing and proceeded to dominate the set with her superior speed and spatial awareness from weeks of top-level football and tennis training. The second set saw Sibylla put up a good amount of resistance, taking Kanoa all the way to a tiebreaker set which pushed 8 - 7 before Kanoa hit a clean shot just inside the baseline to secure the set. The third set saw a return to dominance for Kanoa who ended the match with three straight sets to take down Sibylla and proceed to the next round in her section.

Sora Alya/Yashiro Toshiro 0 - 2 Mason Woodmere/Maxine Woodmere

Meanwhile, Sora Alya and Yashiro Toshiro proved that Kanoa is truly the only one from Archalit that can compete at this level.
Mason Woodmere/Maxine Woodmere (DEX)                          6   6
Sora Alya/Yashiro Toshiro (ARC) 1 4

The first set was a quick one, with the Woodmere duo using their superior doubles play to take control of the match from the start. They were able to break the serve of Sora and Yashiro early on, and they never looked back. The Woodmere duo were able to hit precise shots, and their net play was outstanding. They closed out the first set with a score of 6-1, being virtually uncontested. The second set was more of the same, with the Woodmere duo continuing to dominate the match. Sora and Yashiro tried to fight back, but they were unable to overcome the Woodmere duo's superior play. Ultimately, they were able to close out the set and match with a score of 6-4.

"Football" Practice
The Archalitian Football team are sat together around a TV watching Kanoa's game unfold, definitely preparing for their game tomorrow against Kirungabi

"That's 6 to 3 baby!" Duke Sondas, the replacement captain, yells out following Kanoa's first set.

"Hell yeah, it is!" Jose Gee, the new primary penalty kicker shouts back.

Kanoa came all the way from Mertagne to compete out in Ceni, and all of her teammates back in Mertagne loved watching her play.

The match progressed, with remarks of excitement from Jose and Nikko Benito, a reserve midfielder. Slowly but surely, the set closed in on 6 - 6 and the tiebreaker commenced.

Krystol Mays, the manager, passionately nervous, murmured "I am sweating," out of sheer shakiness from the tiebreaker.

Ethan San retorted her quiet remark, confidently declaring "nah, ain't no way she throws this here."

"Yeah guys, no way she loses against rank 14 internationally," Terry Yang ironically responds to Ethan's declaration.

Of course, she didn't lose, as the score crossed 9 - 7 for Kanoa.

"OOOOOOOO..." a passionate Jose screamed.

Roland Baker chuckled to himself, then quietly sang, "who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"

Duke overheard this, blatantly laughing his ass off at the retort.

The match continued, and Kanoa ultimately emerged victorious.

"Goddamn, she is so omni-talented, isn't she?" Lyndon Nightmare, the now starter, suggested.

"I think we all are, to be honest," Jose concluded, "just watch me at next years Olympiad."

Archalit's national football team were watching with true excitement as Kanoa continues to win day-after-day. Beyond them, all of Kimje and many across Archalit are excitedly watching to see how far she can go.
Last edited by Archalit on Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
PRAF Enlistee

Sporting Achievements
BoF 80 Runners-Up
ECC 6 Champions
CoH 86 Bronze Medalists

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Founded: May 11, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:02 am

Smash! Magazine

Cenian Open

BREAKING - Golden Boy reveals retirement plans

By: Thea Winther
Just a few days ago, Georg «Golden Boy» Heraklit’s first round elimination by Cenian star child Xander Foyner-Devatee had everyone turning heads. However, the world of tennis was truly struck with surprise today, as Heraklit causally mentioned he had no intentions of finishing the ninth season of the NSTT during a Cenian Open press event, but rather planned on retiring to focus on alternative career paths.

It was supposed to be a standard affair, with a variety of NSTT-stars and officials engaging in some lighthearted discussion about prospects and predictions for the ninth season. Will this be the true Top 10 breakout year of Srednjaci singles tennis? Will the Pemecutan contingent and the new generation of Electrumite stars rise up and redo feats of old? Will the new PUG-CEN doubles offensive usher in a new era of dominance? How many titles will Rederer and Loy claim between them? You know, the usual stuff that people gab about in the NSTT lounges across the world.

And it was during the exploration of such conversational paths that a sudden bomb dropped. The moderator turned to Heraklit and jokingly asked if he had any innovative plans for «surviving» Grass Season, to avoid leaving more or less pointless once again. Heraklit just smiled and lackadaisically said he didn’t intend on staying around for Grass Season, so what seemed pointless was innovating for naught. The room’s atmosphere changed and you could cut ambivalence, shock and confusion with the proverbial knife.

Was he joking? Because everything up until that point had been very much jovial with many a things said in jest; was this just riffing on that vibe? Or was he actually serious? The greatest Union tennis player of all times, offhandedly announcing his retirement, having just ended a season most players only dream off?

It quickly became apparent that he wasn’t jesting, because he confirmed his plan for retirement when assaulted by an avalanche of follow-up questions. No, he was serious, he said, and yes it was a decision he had spent quite some time deliberating on, but he didn’t care to elaborate, saying he’d instead much rather they speak of the upcoming Navsal-Simmons bout (Heraklit being a known fan of Andrew Simmons).

But the collected world press pressed on with questions about when he’d retire, why, and his plans for the future. Heraklit said nothing of the reasoning behind his decision, but relented slightly towards the end and said he was planning on ending his career at the conclusion of his favorite tournament (Beçonailles) and he hinted that his future might be tied to cooking and a certain major Terranean broadcaster

Still, so many questions remain. What about Heraklit’s doubles career with Arne Oxwald, for instance? Smash! Magazine has tried to source comments from both Heraklit himself and the GTF, but our interview requests have so far gone unanswered.

Our other top stories

Inside the new PUG-CEN power-couples - the future of NSTT doubles?

Back in the saddle - Sigrid Vasakärven speaks of the hard time after she lost her mother, and how she found the strength to compete again

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:49 am

CENIAN OPEN- season 9

SHOCK FOR ŠPIRIČIĆ BUT ALL DOUBLES WINS!

BY

IVAN JURLINA

Yesterday at the Cenian Open, we didn't have a great day in the singles competition. out of 7 of our tennis players in the second round, 4 of them were eliminated, including Tena Špiričić.
We again invited Mr. Franko Josić to comment on the events at the Cenian Open with us.

JURLINA: Mr. Josić, let's start with the singles competition first. I think that Igor Matković deserves to be the first in the analysis. The 129th player currently in the rankings continues to score great results.

Igor Matković (SRE)                   7   6   2   6
Hakim Kalah-Mustafa (TJU) 6 3 6 1

FRANKO : Yes, young Igor Matković, our former junior champion, is playing great. After he created a great sensation in the first round by knocking out 8th player in the world with a convincing 3-0 in the sets, today he played in a slightly more convulsive tone, I would say. But his opponent, Hakim Kalah-Mustafa from TJUN-ia , probably also prepared well. Hakim Kalah-Mustafa, let's not forget, has one title won last season and he is a very quality player.

JURLINA: But we got the impression that in the first two sets Igor played with a lot of reserve...

FRANKO: I wouldn't say it like that, I would say that he entered the match nervous because he became a star overnight and a lot is expected of him. I think the pressure took its toll. But when he got rid of the pressure and let go of his hand, then everything went very well.

JURLINA: He will improve a lot after this tournament and will certainly see a big jump in the rankings. His next opponent is Ivan Štimac...

Ivan Štimac (SRE)                     7   7   6
Livinia Moore (ETM) 6 5 3

FRANKO: Štimac had a very tough opponent. Livinia Moore from Electrum is a very good tennis player and has experience. Štimac played hard and stuck to his game. He anticipated the play from Moore very well, but the errors still decide all game. Although he won in 3 straight sets, the nuances decided which direction the match would go. However, young Igor is unpredictable and Ivan will have to play a very psychologically and athletically difficult match again because Matković has the energy for 5 matches in one day. This will be a test for both our players.

JURLINA: it will certainly be interesting how experience and youth will play out...
Tena Špiričić lost to home player Marisa Maradona...

Tena Špiričić (SRE)                   2   3   7   6
Marisa Maradona (CEN) 6 6 6 7

FRANKO: yes, but our best tennis player didn't look good even in the first match. She herself said that it was not the level at which she was used to playing and that returning to competitive tennis is always difficult. Tena had a really great player. Maradona always had amplitudes in her game. She could beat anyone but also lose to anyone. now she shined at home.

JURLINA: this defeat will delay the return of our tennis player to the top 10...

FRANKO: Tena will have to defend a lot of points this season, it will certainly not go to her advantage. In addition, Tena could lose the national first place as the best tennis player. We can see that Štimac won and Lucija Bagarić also won, who was placed only a few positions worse than Tena.

JURLINA: yes, it will be interesting to see that outcome after the tournament. As you said yourself, Lucija Bagarić won the second round...

Lucija Bagarić (SRE)                  6   6   6   6
Jumal Huyluer (HOP) 3 4 7 2

FRANKO : Lucija always goes for all or nothing. She is a strong attacker and plays powerful and fast tennis. She continues to play well here as well. Last season was the best for her. But we saw that she is not yet at her highest working temperature because she missed a lot shots in attacking tennis. However, 27 aces, 62 winners are still high numbers. Although she made 48 unforced errors, most of them in the third set, which she lost. Jumal Huyluer from Hopal actually lived on the mistakes of our tennis player.

JURLINA: she is in a fierce attack on the first place in Srednjaci after Tena lost. Lucija says that she comes to the tournament not for points but for the title, we will see how far she can go here.

Lonus Varalin (CEN)                   4   7   6   0   6
Petra Mačinković (SRE) 6 5 4 6 4

JURLINA: now we come to the match in which the young, still teenage Petra Macinković almost made a big sensation...

FRANKO : incredible quality of the match in which our young player seriously shook the great Lonus Varalin. Although she left the court in tears, she had a great opportunity, but she has nothing to regret...

JURLINA: 6-0 took the fourth set from Lonus Varalin, unbelievable

FRANKO: Exactly, it's incredible that someone can take a set from Lonus Varalin with 6-0, let alone someone who is as young as Petra. That just tells you what kind of talent is involved here.

JURILNA: The whole stadium gave her a standing ovation for her performance. It was really a pleasure to watch her. Lonus was in serious trouble and panic, but inexperience was the cause of the defeat. That is, the experience of Lonus to calm down in key moments and play the key points in the last set with a cool head.
That brings us to the next match...

Johmer Vales (CEN)                    6   6   6
Dora Klemenčić (SRE) 4 3 3

FRANKO: another local representative was better than ours. But for Dora Klemenčić, the only thing that matters is that she gathers experience. She didn't have much of a chance here, but I repeat again, experience is important. She is 16 years old and her time is still coming. She turns 17 this year.

JURLINA: we come to the last review of the matches in the singles competition.

Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU)          6   6   6
Alina Koreleva (SRE) 1 4 2

FRANKO: Alina also made a lot of errors in the first match and was slower than usual. On the other side, Dewa Putu Adrian Putra played a fantastic match. He is one of those who could enter the top 5 this season. He plays fantastically. He transferred his good form from last season to this one. He didn't give our player any chance. Easy win for the player from Pemecutan.

JURLINA : When it comes to doubles, all our doubles passed the first round. The performance of the first round is great, we are at 100%.

FRANKO: Yes, that's really great in such tough competition.

JURLINA: here you watched the match between Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović. Are you satisfied with their first performance?

FRANKO: I can't really say that they are as well-coordinated and tuned... I would say... as they were in their best days, but there are indications that they could return to the top of tennis. In doubles and especially in doubles, a lot of things have to match to be the best.

JURLINA: Can you explain to our viewers?

FRANKO : Well, first of all, you don't depend solely on yourself and your game, but also on your partner, and he also depends on you. Second, the two of them are married, live together, have lunch together, work together, train together, play together. Everything they do, they do together and saturation can occur. Therefore, it is important to see if that double will continue to function, if there are cracks in their symbiosis. They work for now.

JURLINA: Špiričić and Koreleva were convincing in their match. Young girls Mačinković and Klemenčić too. Ivanković and Ocvirek from Raspotochje are also in the second round. The Cenian Open tournament continues today. The matches are in the third round.
Mr. Franko, thank you for this thorough analysis. Dear viewers, we advise you to stay with our program because a little later we will join the live broadcasts of matches from the Cenian Open. Until then, thanks for your attention.
Last edited by Srednjaci on Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:21 pm

29 January 2023

DEXTENNIS

Thank You For Reading Est. 19 November 2021 Court XIV Match IV (archive)

A political statementality

by Michael Loy | Cenian Open, Ceni | Previous

Even though I’m not as cool as the Woodmeres in running for office, I think it’s still important to use my national household name to address issues facing our people. And it's time I talk about the ongoing crisis in Loysville.

Situated around an extinct volcano that now forms the region’s largest lagoon, Loysville is the fourth-largest majority ethnic Dexter state by land mass and population, and its capital city (pronounced Muh-tee-iss) is the sixth most populated.

Loysville is a mostly sunny subtropical island about 178 kilometers southeast of Dexterra. One of the oldest inhabited parts of our region, it is named after our region’s most common surname in order to symbolize national unity under public governance. Economically and socially, Loy nationals have largely seen this symbolism come to fruition: with the region’s second-highest economic freedoms and third-highest civil rights, the Loy government generally lets people go about ordinary life with ease. Most people are at work anyways - the highly industrialized Loy economy still relies on its agrarian background, making it one of the world’s leading exporters of dairy products, meat and coffee. And though the Loy government does seem to care for its populace (especially with the region's largest welfare program), its concern for their freedoms is mostly concentrated on its black hole of a political arena, where democracy has been heavily curtailed, voters continuously disenfranchised and elections increasingly dubious. It is Loysville's repeated efforts to thwart free choice at the ballot box to which all Dexter people must call more and more attention.

Loysville became an independent nation around 30 May 2021 (Gregorian calendar), though it has had a long history with Dexterra prior to this because of their close proximity. Once joined together in a single nation before the 2021 Independex revolutions, many members of the autocratic political establishment raised families, ran businesses and owned vacation homes in what is today Loysville because of its nearby lush coastline and cooler weather, imparting generational layers of political conservatism to a place already right-leaning from a rural majority. Political elite would eventually lead an exodus there after the revolutions, as scores of members fled in search of refuge, exile and immunity in order to escape not only justice but the will of the people. Many helped write the charters that voters ratified to establish Loysville, and scores have even been 'elected' to the national legislature despite indictment and arraignment on corruption charges. Combining the last vestiges of autocracy with historical preference of economic and social liberty, Loysville arguably then began to build an alternate version of Dexterra where post-revolution economic and social freedoms are amplified to distract from pre-revolution political tyranny persisting. However, blocs of pro-democracy voters and opposition leaders are actively pushing to liberate the nation under full Dexonomics, having successfully installed free-market eco-socialism, multi-marriage equality laws and other Dexter policies in an overarching effort to allow democracy to flourish.

The biggest obstacle to democratic progress in Loysville is likely its current ban on protests. Though Loy voters and opposition leaders have installed a term-limited, proportionally devolved government according to Dexonomics, efforts are still ongoing to overturn laws that prohibit Loys from speaking their voice, organizing on the streets or demonstrating for causes. An analysis by the Dexter Integrity Bureau suggests that an average of 28 Loys a day are arrested for protesting, which can incur severe penalties up to and including loss of voting rights. Recently, when Anarchic activists from sibling state Anarchton swayed voters to elect a political caucus nicknamed 'Death to the State' to the Loy national legislature, all political parties were disbanded in an abrupt and abrasive entrenchment of longstanding Dexter tradition. After charging the Anarchists with protesting, they also barred anybody with a criminal record from running for elected positions. And for all these reasons, Loysville's protestors lose not only their political present, but also their political future. This is why it is important to pass laws that enshrine - not ban - protesting in Loysville, as well as support voting rights and oppose the current Loy government.

I believe that the people of Loysville have a right to enjoy full democracy and protesting rights. And there are several key people standing athwart these rights, including Maria Berks (Commoner, or national leader, of Loysville), Nicholas DeHuff (Deputy Commoner) and Truesdell Kistler (leader of the national legislature). These people and others who have worked to constrain Loy voters should resign effective immediately and pave the way for full democracy, beginning with a repeal of the protesting ban. Loysville is a nation which can and should join Dexterra in the 21st century as soon as its people defeat its autocratic, backwards regime.

Edit: fixing typo

Last edited by Dexterra on Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:36 pm

THREE TO SEE: CENIAN OPEN, DAY 4
The business end of the tournament is already approaching, yet the action has only grown more intense as 32 singles players remain from the once-crowded field of 128. Without further ado, let's jump into Three to See for Day 4...

(3) Ardil Navsal (CEN) vs. (27) Andrew Simmons (ETM)
On paper, this is not the most competitive match in the world: as the third seed, Navsal is comfortably ahead of Simmons in the world rankings, even if this is one of the few matches in the bracket that has played out as expected. But in practice, this is likely to be a much longer, more grueling match than either expect: Simmons is a former top 10 player, and he's criminally underranked right now in our opinion. With a solid forehand and the ability to play crazy defense, he will certainly make things more competitive for the world number three. That being said, this is the Cenian Open, and Navsal is one of the putative favourites for this event, even if he's been looking a little rusty in the last two matches. While we expect Simmons to make this a hard match, in the end, we think Navsal will prevail.

Winner: Navsal

(3) Sarah Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (ETM/CEN) vs. Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE)
This match absolutely should be in the quarterfinals or later, as it was only due to a long period of absence from the NSTT that Farkaš and Ibrahimović lost ground in the rankings. If they play like they played in 2021, going on a 15-match winning streak with two titles (including the Tier 1 Mandatory tournament at Antillia)... then they can certainly give Zhuo and Rentos a run for their money. Unfortunately, betting on Zhuo and Rentos to lose this early in a tournament is likely an untenable proposition: they have never (never!) lost before the third round at any tournament. Of course, they haven't had such quality opposition this early on... but we're certainly not betting on the world number 3 team and two-time Grand Slam champions to end their streak anytime soon.

Winner: Zhuo/Rentos

(8) Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati (PCU) vs Sigrid Vasakärven/Botack Andiam (PUG/CEN)
It seems that Pemecutan's players have wet spells and dry spells: Last season, Indah Susanti stormed to a surprise victory in the Ubung Open, and Pemecutan followed that performance up with a victory in the International Tennis Trophy (which allowed Antari and Andreawati to qualify for the NSTT Finals). After that, though, Antari and Andreawati have disappeared from the conversation somewhat, posting a 0-3 record at the NSTT Finals, and not much media attention from Pemecutan has been granted to the tennis season so far in Season 9. On the other hand... there has certainly been a lot of media attention given to the new pairing of Vasakärven and Andiam! But media attention is not a proxy for on-court success, and Vasakärven and Andiam had enough trouble getting past a qualifier from Sannyamathland in the first round. Against a more seasoned team that's played together a while? There may be showmanship, and there may be showboating, but there likely won't be a competitive match.

Winner: Antari/Andreawati
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Qasden
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Qasden » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:47 pm

Quick Report: Killer Kora Walks Alone
By Jackson Darvel

From an tumultuous sea of emphatic chaos, the Cenian Open's waters finally started to calm; despite the brightest bulbs of Qad tennis entering its pearly proper clutches, only one evades a watery end (tournament-wise, they're not dead dead).

Following the carnage and devastation faced by the nation's tributes in qualifying, the new old guard stood its ground to pursue the Grand Slam, desperately pushing the boundaries of what could be and will be ridiculed at a later date. 2 delegations in both Singles and Doubles entered the early rounds of play, and the dreadful series of beats and breaks carving through their wake caused the hearts of many Qads to accept their last gasp into Round 3. Michael Juno, despite avenging a Qad loss in Round 1, would fall in a stinging fifth set defeat to Electrumite, Madison Scott, a match later. The perpetually acclaimed Simon Oxford and Will Washer were curbstomped before the ball could even leave their moisturized serving hands. Van der Vin would try one last pull into Doubles debauchery, but were unable to make a scratching jab at a tough Britonisea team. Disappointment was on the up, save for one, final, hail mary herself: Kora Sunder.

Despite falling in duos, the DiGaldi Devisee struck a shallow gold vein in Singles competition in the wake of consecutively impressive matches. Her opener saw off the Dotivijan Damir Pernar, an individual who pushed Sunder right off the gates before she was able to find her footing. Despite some uncomfortable yoyoing, the Qasdonian was able to gain the upper backhand in the fourth game, splitting her opponent's tactics to accrue one of the only two First Round triple-U's for the Vans tennis squad. The win was appreciated, but found itself sharply surpassed by the onslaught of a legendary comeback and takeover in her following battle, a victory she received over a tourney favorite in Pemecutan's Indah Susanti. Such an act brokered her the sole Blue-Red representation into the Round of 32, a venue which will see her face off against another strong opponent, one in Sigrid Vasakärven of Gnejs. Will Killer Kora live up to her newly accentuated moniker and endure the unendurable? Could the #SunderSlayyy train on domestic social medias be stopped? Stay tuned, stay updated, and stay alert for a more in depth report, potentially ensuing sometime in the future of the Cenian Open!
Sporting Achievements
World Cup Ranking: 49th; KPB: 15.66; Style: 0
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:05 pm

Singles — Round 3
Section 1
Dorotea Granit (PUG) 6 6 7
Komang Agus Artawan (PCU) 3 3 6

Jack Ho (ETM) 6 6 1 5
Marisa Maradona (CEN) 1 7 6 7

Section 2
Igor Matković (SRE) 2 1 5
Ivan Štimac (SRE) 6 6 7

Joe Katsi (TJU) 3 6 7 6
Ingrid Dal (PUG) 6 3 6 0

Section 3
Michael Loy (DEX) 5 6 7 4 6
Jason Gordon (BRI) 7 3 6 6 2

Aaliyah de León (BRI) 4 3 2
Lucija Bagarić (SRE) 6 6 6

Section 4
Lonus Varalin (CEN) 6 4 6 6
Vivian Walsh (UAD) 3 6 2 2

André Bapako (ACS) 4 4 6 6 5
Scott Durin (LIS) 6 6 2 2 7

Section 5
Xander Foyner-Devatee (CEN) 6 6 7
Elena Cibulkova (USR) 3 1 6

Ralph Newkarn (BRI) 6 6 7
Maddison Scott (ETM) 2 3 6

Section 6
Johmer Vales (CEN) 6 6 6
Erik Burawa (HOP) 4 3 4

Kora Sunder (QAD) 7 6 6 6
Sigrid Vasakärven (PUG) 6 2 7 4

Section 7
Ardil Navsal (CEN) 6 7 2 6
Andrew Simmons (ETM) 2 6 6 2

Kanoa Faye (ARC) 6 6 6
Lacey John (UAD) 2 3 2

Section 8
Ken Pollock (TJU) 6 6 6 6
Rog Ion Tralito (NTN) 4 7 3 4

Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU) 6 6 3 1 7
Augusta Björnstjärna (PUG) 3 3 6 6 9

Doubles — Round 2
Section 1
Elia Xal/Fia Xal (CEN) 7 7
Bruno Ayragadh/Chandra Wiguna (ACS/PCU) 6 5

Jac Iegis/Cornelis Zapfe (CEN/PUG) 6 6
Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi (PCU) 4 3

Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (CEN) 6 6 6
Dora Klemenčić/Petra Mačinković (SRE) 7 4 1

Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (ETM) 4 6 6
Indigo Crawford/Dale Carman (UAD) 6 1 2

Section 2
Jaguar Zenteanite/Zeke Newham (BRI) 4 7 7
Aaren Seabrooke/Lacey John (UAD) 6 5 6

Iria Valens/Tea Valens (LIS) 6 6
Jana Arkinn/Myria Primarch (CEN) 4 4

Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) 4 6 6
Rachel Archibald/Phillip Mabott (BRI/BPE) 6 4 1

Mason Woodmere/Maxine Woodmere (DEX) 6 2 6
Ljubomir Ivanković/Martin Ocvirek (SRE/RAS) 4 6 1

Section 3
Arne Oxwald/Georg Heraklit (PUG) 7 7
Nathan Bensaïd/Kell Korden (BRI/CEN) 6 5

Ricardo Toli/Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) 6 4
Kim Chester/Vivian Walsh (UAD) 7 6

Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) 6 5 2
Dusan Ivanovic/Will Nolovor (CDO/CEN) 4 7 6

Sibylla Naess/Timaeus Andersson (PUG) 6 7
Mihai Caeso Mihailescu/Márcus Gabriel Alencastro (NTN) 0 5

Section 4
Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (ETM/CEN) 3 6 6
Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE) 6 1 3

Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE) 4 6 6
Felipe de Michelis/Mar Sarriegi (JUE) 6 2 1

Sigrid Vasakärven/Botack Andiam (PUG/CEN) 3 4

Emily Romanescu/Amarsin Gandas (ADB) 6 4 7
Éric De Witte/Gauvain Deniel (VAR) 2 6 5

Edit 1: Adding logo...
Last edited by Ceni on Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Archalit
Spokesperson

Postby Archalit » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:23 pm

To The Top!
Kanoa Faye 3 - 0 Lacey John

Back for more against the United Adaikes, Kanoa comes out with a flawless victory against Lacey John.
Kanoa Faye (ARC)                 6   6   6
Lacey John (UAD) 2 3 2

After taking down the high-level Sibylla Naess in three straight sets, Kanoa found the mindset she needed to compete at this elite level. With that, she easily took down Lacey John, from the same United Adaikes as Derby Cuellar, her first-round opponent. Unlike against Sibylla, this was pure smooth sailing, with no inch of a comeback being given up. Right off the first set, Kanoa showed Lacey exactly what was up, not conceding any points for the first two games until Lacey finally somewhat adjusted. Unfortunately, adjusting to Kanoa only means getting the occasional point before she retaliates with a dominant streak. Now, it wasn't totally lost for Lacey, who was able to steal some games back from Kanoa, but after the first set, they both knew who was going to win the match. It had only been a matter of time.

Now, Kanoa has the truly daunting matchup against the one and only Ardil Navsal, rank number 3 internationally. This would be a match unlike any prior, especially with Navsal having the home-field advantage.

Calling some friends
Before the match, Kanoa is watching the Baptism of Fire when Archalit loses to Kirungabi 0 - 1.

The game ends and she's slightly upset that they fell short. However, with her tennis distractions, she quickly calls them up before going to play.

She turns on her camera, seeing Duke and Krystol in the frame. They seem to be very upset from the loss. Sarcastically, she remarks "wow, you guys really ruined my mood, y'know?" Immediately, Duke picks up the phone. "Here's to hoping I do better than you guys :p"

She hears laughing from a few of the other players, while Duke stares her down through the screen, the one who led the team to defeat. She can faintly detect a smile through his serious expression.

"Sheesh, I gotta go play a game of tennis," she quickly says, noticing the time, "good job on losing Duke." Though a mean comment to end on, she chuckles as she says it.

After hanging up, she quickly gets ready to play her next match.

The Faye Dynasty: A Cut Above the Rest

Kanoa, at 21 years-old, is currently the only young, able-bodied member of the Faye dynasty of Kimje. Despite this, her family is filled with elite-level tennis players, especially the 15 year-old twins Jakob and Misali Faye. They're supposedly almost as capable as Kanoa, which makes for two very interesting prospects in the future of Archalitian Tennis.

The Faye Dynasty's dominance can be traced back 250 years ago, in Xanadi, when Gerard Faye raised three Leo, Addison, and Joseph Faye under his own training regimen for real tennis. The results showed, as each one competed in the U18 Opasna Royal Tennis championships from just 14 years-old and placed noticeably high in the rankings. While Leo grew up to have two children who never had strict Tennis training, Addison and Joseph did. This led to the historic "golden quintuplets," competing from the region now called Kimje, dominating competition across the Opasna stage. However, of all five of them, it was only Rio Faye who had children and continued the legacy. From then on, a string of only child's were being brought into the world in the Faye Dynasty, leading to the current Kanoa Faye, as well as her twin brothers.

Despite the strength of the family, due to severe lack of international connection outside of Opasna from Archalit, the Faye Dynasty were never able to show their strength at the top level of Tennis until recently, when Archalit joined the Pacific region and the World Assembly, delving deeper into international affairs, giving Kanoa the chance to kickstart her international Tennis career.

[post-event edit: twin names changed]
Last edited by Archalit on Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
PRAF Enlistee

Sporting Achievements
BoF 80 Runners-Up
ECC 6 Champions
CoH 86 Bronze Medalists

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:41 pm

30 January 2023

DEXTENNIS

Thank You For Reading Est. 19 November 2021 Court XIV Match V (archive)

Loy banned from Loysville

by the Dextennis editorial board | Previous

Matthias, Loysville - signs along the border have been vandalized to read 'sville.'

Despite surviving a five-set duel to advance to the Cenian Open fourth round, Michael Loy may find his trip home to Dexterra just as challenging. The nation’s leading singles tennis diplomat posted a public admonition of neighboring Loysville's government, hours before he represented against 30th seed Jason Gordon of Britonisea - even though forewarned officials promised consequences. "I believe that the people of Loysville have a right to enjoy full democracy and protesting rights," our only remaining Cenian singles entrant wrote, shortly before calling on Loy national leaders to resign.

He may now be forbidden from Loysville for life, pending an appeals ruling.

"Mr. Loy knowingly and willingly published inflammatory remarks in open violation of our laws and customs," stated Loysville Communications Caretaker Howard Cantru in a press release during the third set. "Although we appreciate his bringing attention to our glorious Public Hegemony, we do not appreciate anything that can foment a national security threat. Accordingly, travel authorities have been advised to forbid Mr. Loy from entering the borders of our glorious Public Hegemony indefinitely."

But the most pressing concern is the possibility that the tennis statesman has violated Loysville’s protest ban, charges which could merit arrest if he sets foot on their soil. "Loy’s comments that ‘all Dexter people must call more and more attention’ to ‘repeated efforts to thwart free choice at the ballot box’ may have violated ‘the call to arms’ code in section G, paragraph 15, clause 11W of the Protesting Freedoms Act," senior lawyers at the National Diplomacy Council estimate, wrangling handshakes behind the scenes. But it is unclear whether any charges will be filed. The Diplomacy Council maintains that, if so, the tennis ambassador will likely be protected by the absence of an extradition treaty between the two nations.

There are many more important nations, of course. Beside calming shores seen by vibrant Lake Cenial Park, the tennis delegate meditates daily. "I’ve got bigger problems to deal with, like getting through [Lucija] Bagarić [of ‪Srednjaci‬] to make it back to the quarterfinals here," once-‘Diamond Mike’ assured reporters at the National Racquet Centre. "She and her whole team have showed up really strong, and I've got to respond just as skillfully, just as Gordon did through five tough sets. This could be it for me."

An estimated 90,000 people in Loysville are expected to tune in, as well as to Mason and Maxine Woodmere’s doubles match with juggernaut multinational fifth seeds Val Korekal and Luciano Crepaldi, despite national blackouts. But no matter when they see beagles sent to the pound, their dogged tennis delegates will have to return home minding Loysville airspace. "The Public Hegemony is a great place to participate in democratic processes, but not to upend our way of life," their Communications office continued. "Loys should stick to the tennis court, not the court of law."

"Their democracy is certainly 'processed' and their way of life already upended," retorted Mason Woodmere, Deputy City Manager of New Foggy Bottom and nationals doubles tennis, in a now-deleted Dextwitter post defending their singles teammate. It is unlikely that it was seen by Loysville officials.

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:47 pm

BREAKING NEWS !!

BY

IVAN JURLINA

Before we start with the events at the Cenian Open, we have news that reached us about 15 minutes ago. News that will certainly stir up our tennis waters.
Namely, the Supreme Court is considering the case of releasing tennis player Bojana Španović before the end of her sentence. As far as we know from reliable sources, Bojana and her team sent a request for early release from Rudeš Prison.
We asked the judge of the appellate council of the supreme court, Dalibor Grgurić, about this case, so let's listen to what he told us in a telephone conversation.

"The case has arrived from the legal team of the female convict with the initials BŠ and it is being considered. As is known, I am not allowed to say anything about it yet because the case has not yet come into my hands. Furthermore, the legal procedure in our country is clear for such cases. The convict submits a request that contains the opinion of the superiors in the penitentiary. The case is then sent for consideration to the Commission of the Honorable Court of Appeal. The Commission gives its legal remedy or judgment and then the case goes to the supreme judge for study. The supreme judge then gives the case to the permanent judge for appeals, who makes an agreement a hearing where further proceedings will be decided. So, the Commission of the Honorable Court of Appeal can reject the request if it is deficient for legal reasons or is not in accordance with the law or violates some provision of the constitution. The person in question is not yet free to go."

"How long can these procedures last, and if a case is rejected at the first instance due to some deficiencies, is there a possibility of restarting the case? That is, what happens if the case is rejected for the first time?"

" The first question is closely related to the second question. It is very important that the judge does not reject the appeal. Because when the judge rejects, then the case is closed and there is no longer the right to appeal. However, when the commission of the honorable court rejects the case, it usually writes why it was rejected, sends it to the defendant's pre-trial team for revision and gives a certain deadline by which these deficiencies must be eliminated. It is usually given 8 days from the day the case was rejected. It means that the entire case can be resolved within 20-30 days, and if if everything is fine then really within a few days."

"I can't ask you about the content of the case because you haven't seen it, but do you know if the former tennis player asked for the lifting of the ban on tennis and all tennis activities?"

" No you can't and I have no knowledge because, I repeat, the case has not yet come to my table or in my hands."

"Thank you for your response."

Just to repeat, Bojana Španović, former tennis player and tennis doubles partner of Tena Špiričić, was arrested less than two years ago because of the scandal surrounding the fixing of certain matches and receiving bribes for them.
Along with her, several people from the association were arrested, coaches as well as Bojana's father, who was sentenced to five years in prison for organized crime and fraud. Bojana was also sentenced to not play tennis or tennis activities.
So much for this topic. We will inform you as soon as we know more about the case.

CENIAN OPEN

Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (ETM/CEN)                        3   6   6
Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE) 6 1 3

Along with Elia Xal and Fia Xal, Electrum's Sara Zhuo and Gyrachor Rentos are the early favorites to win this tournament. Therefore, it is not surprising that our Farkaš and Ibrahimović were defeated in that match. However, of course we are not happy about the defeat, but we are happy about the seriousness in the game of our tennis players.
In the first set, our players played very well on their serves, they did not allow their opponents a single break chance. But they pressed the serve of Sara Zhuo, who struggled in the first set with the interception of the first serve. That pressure resulted with a break. That break was enough for our boys to win the first set.
However, Zhuo and Rentos put in two more gears in the second set. Zhuo has no more problems on the service and they read our game very well. The game of our tennis players quickly deflated like a balloon. Zhuo and Rentos won the second set very convincingly.
In the third set, our tennis players were adapted to the play of theirs opponents and managed to be an equal opponent, but Farkaš served poorly and our players lost the game with a break. That break was enough for Zhuo and Rentos.

Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE)                         4   6   6
Felipe de Michelis/Mar Sarriegi (JUE) 6 2 1

Špiričić and Koreleva are our only doubles pair that qualified for the next round. And Zhuo and Rentos will be their next opponents.
Yesterday the girls played very well and their opponents were Felipe de Michelis and Mar Sarriegi from Juvencus. Our players entered the first set very nervously and without rhythm. Right at the beginning, Alina lost her serve and there was no way to come back because the opponents saved every break chance of our tennis players.
However, in the next two sets, our tennis players got into a rhythm, imposed their game and easily won both sets.
Although we don't give them almost any chance against Zhuo and Rentos, we hope that they will play better than yesterday because Zhuo and Rentos will take every chance they get.

Igor Matković (SRE)              2   1   5
Ivan Štimac (SRE) 6 6 7

In the match of the our two players, Ivan Štimac showed his best tennis in the tournament so far. With a convincing 3-0 straight sets, he defeated the young Igor Matković. Igor is one of the sensations of this tournament, but Štimac did not allow any sensation any more. Wisely and experiencedly, he dictated the entire match, not allowing the young rising star to get any closer to the results. Matković tried with all his knowledge and skill to do something, but Štimac had an answer for everything.
The next opponent for our player will be Joe Katsi from TJUN-ia.

Aaliyah de León (BRI)            4   3   2
Lucija Bagarić (SRE) 6 6 6

Lucija Bagarić is getting better as the tournament draws to a close. From match to match, she raises her level of play and precision. Yesterday, she left Britonese's Aaliyah de León with no chance. Britonish player didn't win a single set. It was a stunning play by Bagarić.
Winers were sowing from all sides. Her next opponent is a much bigger challenge, a real test of her quality. Michael Loy of Dextera, the fourth player in the world was not convincing against Jason Gordon of Britonese.
Loy managed to win but had to play in five sets.

"This was a very good match for me. My hand finally worked and I was hitting everything I imagined. I'm moving much better and I feel very good about this tournament. I feel good here."

REPORTER: Michael Loy is your next opponent. How much do you know about him?

"He plays smart tenis, he doesn't making many errors, doesn't run his head through the wall. That kind of play brought him fourth place in the world. For sure, he is also aiming for the title here, but so am I."

The match of the day was played by August Björnstjärna from Gnejs and Dewa Putu Adrian Putra from Pemecutan.
An incredibly high-quality match with a high rhythm. Both players treated us to a real tennis pleasure. In the end, the lion's fight went to a Gneisijan player August Björnstjärna . The audience, as well as we, who broadcast the match, saw both players off with a big ovation.

Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU)     6   6   3   1   7
Augusta Björnstjärna (PUG) 3 3 6 6 9
Last edited by Srednjaci on Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:18 pm

THREE TO SEE: CENIAN OPEN, DAY 4
With a bumper crop of five singles players and eight doubles players in the Round of 16, Day 4 is set to be an exciting day for Cenian fans rooting for home players and new faces alike. And there were far too many matches to have to choose from, with some bumper matches taking place on the Grandstand or even outer courts on a busy day for play here in Cenial. Without further ado, then, we're presenting the usual Three to See as the competition already is closer to the finish line than the starting line...

(1) Elia Xal/Fia Xal (CEN) vs. (Q) Jac Iegis/Cornelis Zapfe (CEN/PUG)
Iegis and Zapfe have certainly done well for themselves in their first tournament together, with a performance evocative of the first international appearance of the (now entrenched) partnership of Val Korekal and Luciano Crepaldi. But let's also look back to the first tournament that Korekal and Crepaldi played at: they lost in an incredibly competitive match to the then-dominant partnership of Marcus Hathwar and Spencer Kohnhead (which has sadly dissipated since then). Honestly, we expect something similar here: Iegis and Zapfe will pull off a dazzling display of attacking tennis, but it won't be enough to disrupt the number one seeds and defending finalists.

Winner: Xal/Xal

(6) Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (CEN) vs. (9) Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (ETM)
This is most certainly a spicy match, with all four players having extensive experience from the old NSTT before the reboot. But Ronya have faded somewhat in this reboot edition, always the bridesmaid but never the bride, so to speak. On the other hand, Darlcheri and Rianor have been really consistent over the past two seasons, although it took them a season and a half to win their first title (conveniently on home soil at New Oxford). On balance, though, Darlcheri and Rianor have been much more consistent and much more successful over the course of this NSTT season, while Gredello and Levinsky look likely to continue their slump.

(Too bad we don't think Gredello and Levinsky will win: That would tee up yet another instance in the rivalry between them and the Xal sisters, certainly the longest-lasting rivalry in NSTT history.)

Winner: Darlcheri/Rianor

(5) Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) vs. (12) Mason Woodmere/Maxine Woodmere (DEX)
Speaking of the now entrenched partnership... in one of the most hotly anticipated doubles matches of the tournament, they play defending semifinalists Mason Woodmere and Maxine Woodmere, who are hoping to build off their surprise run to the Diamond Trophy title last year in Nassau Bay. On the one hand, the Woodmeres are definitely distracted, with affairs back at home at Dexterra likely nagging them through their roles as municipal politicians (and a new diplomatic crisis with the nearby nation of Loysville over a column produced by tennis star Michael Loy also probably hitting closer to home than anticipated). On the other hand, the Woodmeres are certainly motivated to try to defend their oodles and boodles of points from last year. With the home support for Korekal and Crepaldi, though, we think the number five seeds will be a tough nut to crack for the Dexters.

Winner: Korekal/Crepaldi

Bonus: Xander Foyner-Devatee (CEN) vs. (13) Ralph Newkarn (BRI)
What a run for the young Cenian: After upsetting number two seed Georg Heraklit in the first round in straight sets (and prompting Heraklit to reveal retirement plans after the clay court season), he hasn't given up a single set so far this tournament. The fans have clearly adopted the hirsute 18-year-old as one of their favourites, and his matches have drawn packed courts as many Cenians have flocked to see this young prodigy, son of former ATP world number one Elaine Foyner. Up next will be 13th seed Ralph Newkarn, only the second seed he's come across in this tournament so far. Ranked at number 13, Newkarn is no slouch: He reached two Grand Slam semifinals in a row last season, looking to add his third. And Newkarn's path here has also looked pretty rosy, with only one set dropped in the past three rounds.

So we can definitely expect a competitive match here, with lots of fan turnout both in the stadium, on television and in pubs and bars across the country. With the run that Foyner-Devatee is on right now, though, we'd bet in his favour, especially with immense crowd support behind him.

Winner: Foyner-Devatee
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:05 pm

Singles — Round 4
Section 1
Dorotea Granit (PUG) 6 6 4 6
Marisa Maradona (CEN) 3 4 6 4

Section 2
Ivan Štimac (SRE) 3 3 7 6 6
Joe Katsi (TJU) 6 6 5 3 2

Section 3
Michael Loy (DEX) 4 6 6 6
Lucija Bagarić (SRE) 6 1 3 1

Section 4
Lonus Varalin (CEN) 6 6 1 2 6
Scott Durin (LIS) 2 2 6 6 3

Section 5
Xander Foyner-Devatee (CEN) 6 6 1 6
Ralph Newkarn (BRI) 3 0 6 4

Section 6
Johmer Vales (CEN) 4 6 6 7 6
Kora Sunder (QAD) 6 4 7 5 2

Section 7
Ardil Navsal (CEN) 6 3 1 6 6
Kanoa Faye (ARC) 4 6 6 3 3

Section 8
Ken Pollock (TJU) 6 4 3
Augusta Björnstjärna (PUG) 7 6 6

Doubles — Round 3
Section 1
Elia Xal/Fia Xal (CEN) 6 7
Jac Iegis/Cornelis Zapfe (CEN/PUG) 2 5

Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (CEN) 6 6
Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (ETM) 0 2

Section 2
Jaguar Zenteanite/Zeke Newham (BRI) 6 6 2
Iria Valens/Tea Valens (LIS) 7 4 6

Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) 1 6 6
Mason Woodmere/Maxine Woodmere (DEX) 6 3 4

Section 3
Arne Oxwald/Georg Heraklit (PUG) 7 7
Kim Chester/Vivian Walsh (UAD) 5 5

Dusan Ivanovic/Will Nolovor (CDO/CEN) 6 6
Sibylla Naess/Timaeus Andersson (PUG) 7 7

Section 4
Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (ETM/CEN) 4 2

Emily Romanescu/Amarsin Gandas (ADB) 1 2
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Founded: May 11, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:23 pm

Ode to Heraklit

By: unknown drunk at The Golden Mackerel, Old Quarter, Esaias

«The Citizen Georg, we all know him.
Raise your glass to that fellow so jolly, so trim.
Many a joys he has served, to sons and daughters of the Rock.
Jubilation be upon all us lousy souls at this particular time, the end of an era for sure.
The years, all those years of sweat and tears and blood and backhand slices.
The privilege to see that Golden Boy shine.
The grace, the talent, the tenacity.
Wowing the public across the globe, be it Grand Slam or no.
That smile infectious, the love for summer days and clay dust contagious.
Unwavering commitment, to excellence and juggling and culinary exploration; all the beautiful things in life.
Accolades, records, trophies.
From that first Underdog achievement, to the latest grand slam championship.
Each triumph a testament to hard work, perseverance.
But not just skills on the court.
We admire the character, the sportsmanship.
The dignity! Oh the grace!
A hero, our Citizen Georg!
Not just for aspiring tennis players, but for people of all ages, trades and walks of life.
Take that final bow, oh Golden Boy of yore, we thank thee for the memories, for the moments of pure joy and excitement, the inspiration they have provided.
You will not be forgotten, forever be remembered as one of the Union greats.
May he enjoy that well-deserved rest, spending time pursuing passions.
For he has earned it.
So here's to you, son of Vika.
May you look back with pride and joy.
The legacy will live on, and we will always be grateful for the memories you have given us.»

Archalit
Spokesperson

Postby Archalit » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:20 pm

In a statement, manager and mother Mika Faye said only one phrase before walking away from the microphone:

"Just unlucky."
PRAF Enlistee

Sporting Achievements
BoF 80 Runners-Up
ECC 6 Champions
CoH 86 Bronze Medalists

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:30 am

CENIAN OPEN- season 9

ŠTIMAC AND DOBLE ACHIEVED BIG WINS! LUCIA STOPPED!!

BY

IVAN JURLINA

The first Grand Slam of the season is coming to its final stage. We watched incredible matches and we are still under the impression of the match played by Augusta Björnstjärna of Gnejs and Dewa Putu Adrian Putra from Pemecutan. Augusta Björnstjärna won this round as well. Apart from that match, our Petra Macinković played a fantastic match against Lonus Varalin. That match is also at the very top in terms of quality.
However, yesterday Ivan Štimac played one of the best matches of his career against Joe Katsi from TJUN-ia.

Ivan Štimac (SRE)               3   3   7   6   6
Joe Katsi (TJU) 6 6 5 3 2

An incredible match was played by Ivan Štimac against 11th world player Joe Katsi from TJUNI-ia. Katsi always plays very well in this tournament and last season he reached the final and lost to Dorotea Granit.
But Ivan Štimac played his best when it was most needed. Katsi had the situation ready, 2-0 in sets and a lead of 4-2 and 5-3 in the third set. And when it seemed that everything was over for our player, Ivan Štimac started to hit the impossible shots. As if he said to himself "it's all over anyway, I have nothing to lose, I'll hit that ball as hard as I can, and if you're lucky you'll hit something". He hit almost everything, forehands from runs, hit drop shots, played impossible volleys, ran after every ball. For God's sake, Ivan, where were you been the first two sets?!!
This running around the pitch, hitting winners from almost impossible positions, irritated Joe Katsi. Joe started making more and more mistakes, especially on the volley. Uncertainty has crept into his hand and relationships in power ratio on the field are slowly but surely changing in Ivan's favor. Joe Katsi completely falls out of rhythm and Štimac wins the set with an incredible turn!
Joe Katsi is in serious trouble and in the continuation of the rhythm, it can be seen by his body language. Štimac is in a complete frenzy, he continues to play his rhythm while hitting winner after winner. Katsi is getting more and more nervous, yelling at his team in the box. But his game is bursting at the seams. On the court power ratio are slowly but surely changing in Ivan's favor. Joe Katsi completely falls out of rhythm and Štimac wins the set with an incredible turn!
Štimac also increased the percentage of his first serve as well as the number of points won on his serve. which additionally made it impossible for Joe Katsia to attack our player's serve and create a break opportunity for himself.
In the final set, the game of the world's 11th player completely fell apart. Štimac makes two breaks in that set and close that story by winning set with 6-2.
An incredible turnaround i comeback was made by Ivan Štimac !! Insane!!

" the match was very exhausting for me mentally and psychologically. It's amazing that I hit later and everything turned in my favor. Joe just couldn't believe what was happening. I don't remember ever playing a match like this. I've played before 5 sets, but if I played this well and turned a loss into a win, I don't remember ever having that."

REPORTER: What happened to you in the third set? What led to the reversal?

" Well, I had nothing to lose anymore. I stopped thinking about the match and simply play relaxed, knowing in my head that everything was over. However, it was as if that was what I needed, not to think about it but just to play. From that change ,came a change in the game "

REPORTER: It was s completely crazy match! Your next opponent in quarterfinals is defending champion and number one player in the world Dorotea Granit.

"Dorotea is playing great. I don't know if I will manage to regenerate after this match, which exhausted me a lot. I will do my best, but I don't promise a positive outcome."

This is our player's first Grand Slam quarterfinal in his career. It sounds incredible, but he never made it past the fourth round of Grand Slam. Match against Dorotea Granit will be his toughest test. Dorotea plays great, breaks and grinds every opponent and is definitely rushing towards to defending the title.

Michael Loy (DEX)               4   6   6   6
Lucija Bagarić (SRE) 6 1 3 1

Michael Loy played another great match. With a brilliant game, he completely outclassed our Lucija Bagarić. Lucija helped him with that because her first serve dropped to only 52%, so the fourth player in the world was able to make an excellent return.
In the first set, Lucija had a high first serve interception rate, 82%. With that alone, she could dictate the tempo of the game because she has a stronger and faster serve than her opponent. However, the serve stopped in the rest of the match, and with that came uncertainty in the game. Loy is too good a player not to take advantage of that and completely sweep Bagarić off the field.

"This was not very great for me today. Michael played great and with a high rhythm and quality. I was betrayed by my serve and when my serve betrays me, I am no longer confident in myself and my shots. Now I have to rest and prepare for the rest of the season. Fourth round it's not bad for the beginning of the season, but I expected at least the quarter-finals. Obviously, I'll have to wait a little longer for that."

Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (ETM/CEN)        4   2

Tena Špiričić and Alina Koreleva played their best match of the tournament in the doubles game. 30th players of the world on NSST rankings managed to upset with a great play and knock out one of the favorites Sara Zhuo and Gyrachor Rentos from the tournament. The combination of Ceni and Electrum was reputed to be a double that should enter to the fight for the title. Last season they played here in the quarterfinals, but now they were stopped by Tena Špiričić and Alina Koreleva, who were in a great mood to play.
Our girls have played two finals in their career so far as double, but unfortunately they did not manage to reach the title. This is their biggest result in Grand Slam tournaments. The girls dropped out of the singles competition, so they can fully devote themselves to the doubles competition.
The best match and the best play in the tournament showed when it was most needed so far.

A NEW STAR IS BORN !

The young player from Ceni Xander Foyner-Devatee made it to the quarterfinals. The brilliant 18-year-old got the chance to play in the tournament and made the biggest sensation by knocking out the second player in the world, Georg Heraklit. Heraclit later stated that he might retire after the clay season. We hope that it will not come to that.
Yesterday, Xander Foyner-Devatee defeated Ralph Newkarn of Britonesea 3-1 in sets with the remark that he won the second set 6-0!
Xander Foyner-Devatee is the generation of our Petra Mačinković and Dijana Jukić from Dotivija, he is older than Dora Klemenčić but also younger than Igor Matković. However, of all of them, this young man, almost still a teenager, showed the most mature game, excellent control of the ball, incredible overview of the game and we will be hearing more about this young sensation in the years to come.

Dorotea Granit stopped Marisa Maradona's great run at this tournament. Ardil Navsal, Lonus Varalin, Michael Loy are also in the tournament, that's all that is left of the top 10 players. But all of them are actually in the club of the top 5. For Varalin and Loy, this is a repeat of the results from last season when they played here in the quarterfinals. Now they have the opportunity to go one step further in mutual duel. However, Augusta Björnstjärna of Gnejs and young Xander Foyner-Devatee will have something to say. We must not write off another local player, Johmer Vales. He somehow quietly wins and enters the quarterfinals. We will see how he will play against the young 18 year old sensation.

Dexterra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:02 pm

31 January 2023

DEXTENNIS

Thank You For Reading Est. 19 November 2021 Court XIV Match VI (archive)

Pleading the fifth seed

by Michael Loy | Cenial, Ceni | Previous

I'm the only one of us left swinging now, just like old times.

Today I hear Tristan Armstrong finish cleaning up our brunch feast while I peek out the blinds of a swanky hotel room in The Orion, eyes checking any remotely shady figure crossing the packed downtown business district. My downed singles tennis copilot comes back in from handing off trash to our caseworkers and shuts the door like my ability to ever land in Loysville again. "All clear?" he verifies.

I nod, creaking the blinds to allow a little sunlight to wash over the room as I turn to face him. "Yeah, I always have fun here, even when I don't," I assure him, turning down the TV volume as I start pacing again. The room is filled with hometown silence, as televised Woodmeres shake hands with fifth seed titans Val Korekal and Luciano Crepaldi, packing up their gear and sauntering away newly foggied bottoms. "Dang, they were semifinalists last year, a fourth round bounce will sink their ranking. Just as they hit top 25, too," Tristan grieves, then looks at me. "Geez, and now you’re facing Varalin again for a spot in the semis? The Diamond Trophy must be cursed."

Coach Moore texts me about the same thing about the same time. I peek out my window again, and end up telling them both the same thing. "Hey man, I just marched back to the Cenian quarters over Bagarić. I got two breadsticks after she ruled the first set! The only curse is not executing our best tennis. Hope is not always realized, like democracy in Loysv..." I cut myself short, checking how far I am from my phone's microphone.

Seeing this, Tristan hollers loud enough to wake the dead, "Maybe you're cursed by secret agents sent to beat you and our country's tennis program. Like at the Tour Finals, when Varalin downed you in the group stage. Or now, when he keeps you from the C.O. semis. There's totally no one listening at all right now."

I try to shush him, before thinking about what he said. "Oh sure, like when I jailed him 6-2, 6-1 at the I.T.T.? …Maybe you’re onto something, that match was way closer than the scoreline." Out of the corner of my eye, I catch the bedside table clock, and automatically calculate how long we have until we leave for more practice. About ten minutes, maybe nine after we stop for the Woodmeres, three if we or somebody quickly returns a stack of books at the National Library.

Gathering up gear, I add, "I'm gonna get ready to peace out. If you still want to practice with us, I'm gonna challenge you guys like Bagarić. Or maybe even Varalin. Or protesting in Loysv... Man we've got a ton of work to do."

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:50 pm

Terranean Broadcasting Company

Double trouble in top half as Xal/Xal will face off against Darlcheri/Rianor

By Zion Berik
TBC Sport in Cenial, Ceni
Despite Marisa Maradona's loss to world number one and defending champion Dorotea Granit, it was a successful day for Cenian singles tennis with all four other players still in the draw winning their matches.

Lonus Varalin prevailed against Lisander's Scott Durian and Xander Foyner-Devatee extended his inspiring run with a victory over Britonisea's Ralph Newkarn. Meanwhile, both Johmer Vales and Ardil Navsal had a hard time taking out wild cards: they needed five sets apiece to take out Kora Sunder of Qasden and Kanoa Faye of newcomer Archalit, respectively.

Navsal wanted to comment on the statement by Kanoa's mother, Mika, in a press conference after the match.

"I'm the number three player in the world," said Navsal, careful in choosing his words to avoid a comparison to the notably sour and irascible Lonus Varalin, nicknamed "sourpuss" by some in the media. "To say that an unranked player's loss to the number three player in the world is 'unlucky' seriously ignores the reality of tennis."

"I mean, she's good," continued Navsal. "But the end of a lucky run shouldn't be considered unlucky. Kanoa will have a long way to go on this tour if her mother continues to complain that she gets 'unlucky' every time she loses."

Overall, the doubles bracket was also generally kind to Cenian entries, except for one (somewhat surprising) result.

Playing in their first Cenian Open ever, Tena Špiričić and Alina Koreleva of Srednjaci shocked Sara Zhuo and Gyrachor Rentos at the Slam where the latter pair won their first Grand Slam title together.

And it wasn't even close either: After a tight first set with only one break, Špiričić and Koreleva absolutely dismantled Zhuo and Rentos in the second, giving them no quarter with plenty of angled volleys, backhands down the line, and error-free play.

"We got ourselves in a hole, and, well, we just kept digging," said Rentos of his own team's play.

Alongside new partner Dusan Ivanovic, Will Nolovor also lost but in a more contested match. Playing 10th seeds Sibylla Naess and Timaeus Andersson, Nolovor and Ivanovic stretched the Gnejsian pairing to a tiebreak in each set but ultimately fell short at the final hurdles.

"I think this partnership is going to work out," said Nolovor, who signaled interest in continuing to play with Ivanovic in other events on the NSTT circuit.

But other Cenian entries in the top half fared better.

A Cenian was guaranteed to lose (and, well, a Cenian was guaranteed to go through) when the Xal sisters played the new partnership of Jac Iegis and Cornelis Zapfe.

By the way they played, one could tell that the Iegis/Zapfe partnership is certainly one to watch out for. But ultimately, small errors can doom your game against the world's best doubles pairing, and that's exactly what happened against the Xals. Since Iegis and Zapfe are still learning how to play together, there were some communication missteps and some funny errors that ultimately solidified the Xals' 6-2, 7-5 victory.

Meanwhile, another surprising result was Coosal Darlcheri and Perger Rianor's victory over Sonya Gredello and Rosa Levinsky. The victory itself wasn't the surprising result — after all, Ceni's Break Point publication had predicted it. The surprising result was the margin: Despite Ronya's expertise and experience, and proximity to home soil, they fell 6-0, 6-2.

"I felt we played really well, while it seemed like Ronya were a little off," said Rianor. "But I was really happy with our performance, and that's really all you can ask for in a sport as competitive as tennis."

In Section 2, Val Korekal and Luciano Crepaldi defeated the Woodmere cousins of Dexterra in a tight three-set match, losing the first set in a blowout but recovering to take the next two sets.

The Xal sisters will play Darlcheri and Rianor for a spot in the semifinals; Korekal and Crepaldi will take on the unseeded Iria and Tea Valens of Lisander,
Last edited by Ceni on Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:53 pm

Singles — Quarterfinals
Dorotea Granit (PUG)            6   7   2   3   6
Ivan Štimac (SRE) 4 6 6 6 8

Michael Loy (DEX) 3 7 6 3 6
Lonus Varalin (CEN) 6 5 4 6 3

Xander Foyner-Devatee (CEN) 2 6 5 6 6
Johmer Vales (CEN) 6 2 7 2 3

Ardil Navsal (CEN) 7 2 7 3 6
Augusta Björnstjärna (PUG) 6 6 5 6 1

Doubles — Quarterfinals
Elia Xal/Fia Xal (CEN)                     6   6
Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (CEN) 1 4

Iria Valens/Tea Valens (LIS) 2 1
Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) 6 6

Arne Oxwald/Georg Heraklit (PUG) 6 7
Sibylla Naess/Timaeus Andersson (PUG) 1 6

Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE) 7 7
Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati (PCU) 5 6
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:30 am

CENIAN OPEN- season 9

WITH THE BEST TENNIS OF HIS CAREER, ŠTIMAC QUIT THE SEMI-FINALS!

BY

IVAN JURLINA

Two days ago, Ivan Štimac played an incredible match against Joe Katsi. After that long match played in 5 sets, we were all wondered how much strength and freshness our player still has for qurterfinal.
But what Ivan Štimac and Dorotea Granit prepared for us was atomic tennis. Tennis from another planet! The number one player in the world and the defending champion stands on one side of the net and opposite her, on the other side of the net, is Ivan Štimac, who has never reached the quarterfinals at the Grand Slams until now.
Ivan Štimac created a comeback of the entire tournament, this is his second such match that he had to get out of big shit.
Dorotea opened the match very confidently and authoritatively, Štimac tried to be in the game and match her. However, Dorotea wins the first set with a break, 6-4.
In the second set, Štimac raises the level of his play. It is visible that both tennis players try to find even the smallest crack in their game in order to break their opponent. In this competition and a large number of great points, Dorotea Granit does better again and wins the set with 7-6.
Already in that set, we saw that Štimac seriously raises his game, makes fewer mistakes and hits more clear winners.
Such a game gave him a big advantage at the beginning of the third set in which Štimac cracked Granit twice, took a 4-0 lead and did not let go of the lead until the end of the set.
Ivan continued in the same rhythm, Granit is now slowly but visibly raising his game. But Štimac again takes away the opponent's serve and wins the set with 6-3 and the match completely leads to a tie.
Then came the drama. Dototea Granit approaches the game of our player, Dorotea, and takes a lead of 4-1! And when it seemed that Štimac would not return, he miraculously came back and reached a 5-5 tie. Dorotea then led 6-5 and had 40-15, two match points on Štimac's serve.
But Štimac saves both break/mach opportunities with two great kick serves.
Štimac manages to get out of the awkward situation and level the score at 6-6. Dorotea Granit then serves for a 7-6 lead but fails to hold her serve. She had 40-30, created a point brilliantly, and then the backhand misses a clear chance with a diagonal. Visibly annoyed by that miss, she doesn't even manage to hit her first serves. She was vulnerable to other serves, and Štimac took advantage of that right away, breaking for a 7-6 lead and serving for the match.
On his service game, Granit creates two tied break opportunities, but Štimac miraculously saves himself again and then he gets the first match point. She serves strongly to the body of Dorotea Granit, she adjusts to the ball, the ball is fast and strong, Dorotea hits the net with her forehand!
GAME, SET, MATCH MR. Stimac !!!

Dorotea Granit (PUG)            6   7   2   3   6
Ivan Štimac (SRE) 4 6 6 6 8

"Uhh, what a match. I can hardly stand on my feet. This is my biggest victory in my career. I have never beat number 1 in the world and I have never reached the Grand Slam semi-finals. Now everything is really possible, I really believe it,I just want to enjoy my tennis and this moment. Later I will think about my next opponent, Michael Loy." he said very tired. Ivan Štimac

Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE)         7   7
Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati (PCU) 5 6

Tena Špričić and Alina Koreleva reached the semifinals of the first Grand Slam tournament. Our girls again played a solid and strong match on their serve, not allowing Komang Antara and Kadek Andreawati from Pemecutan to create even a single break chance.
On the other hand, double Šprirčić / Koreleva played brilliantly against the opponent's serve and this resulted in two breaks. One in each set.
this is another player's career result at Grand Slam tournaments. Following their opponents are Arne Oxwald and Georg Heraklit. Along with the Xal sisters, Arne and Georg are the main favorites of the tournament.
However, all options are open. Our girls can surprise everyone again and play the best in the final game. You never know, anything can happen.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports