NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup of Hockey 47 || Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:35 pm

Team name: Græntfjall
TLA: GRÆ [GRF when not available]
Demonym: Græntfjaller
Team nickname: Ice Wolves

Kit: White with blue detail and blue socks; alternate is the reverse. Because all Græntfjaller names are patronymic, players typically have their first name on the backs of their shirts.

Coach: [VACANT] (Diðrik Júníusarson caretaker)

The Ice Wolves enter the build-up to World Cup 47 qualifying with no coach in place. KG have advertised for a replacement for Marís Finnsson, but are yet to appoint anyone. Applications still welcome!

Squad: A 22-person squad has been named for the tournament.
  • The Pavolan Hockey (PHL) is the national hockey league and rivals the GPL (football) for popularity in terms of the national sport.
  • Græntfjaller players tend to be on the bigger side [by human standards], and very physical, fore-checking and back-checking with equal vigor. But this means trading off for speed and most are not skilled puck-handlers by international standards. They hit a lot of one-timers.
  • PHL rules are laxer on charging, cross-checking, and shots to the head than international rules.
  • Fighting, once a basically unknown phenomenon, has become a more regularly accepted feature of the PHL.
  • New players are listed in italics.
  • Because the PHL is very low ranked in HCL terms, all players are available for foreign teams to sign.
1. Starri Hlynursson – G
5. Asbjørn Niklasson - LW
10. Blængur Arnbjörnsson - RW
15. Kyrri Árgeirsson - C
17. Ríó Ferdinandsson – D
21. Eiríkur Hálfdánsson – LW
23. Lár Kristfinnsson - C
26. Dýrmundur Asbjørnsson – RW [A]
27. Christian Vífillsson - D
34. Skorri Mikaelsson – C
39. Kjarval Snorrason – D [A]
55. Hákon Helmútsson – LW
60. Lukas Jalmarisson – C
62. Bjarnþór Náttúlfsson – D
66. Sveinn Bertelsson – G
71. Marc Matteosson - D
73. Felix Johannesson - RW
79. Víkingur Gunnólfursson – RW
81. Lárentíus Mattíasarson – G
87. Bjarnleifur Asgeirsson – D [C]
89. Christian Sofusson – LW
90. Róbert Grímúlfursson – D

Lines will be flexible and adjusted over the course of the tournament but provisionally:

GK1: Starri
GK2: Lárentíus
GK3: Sveinn
After serving a long apprenticeship to Tom Finngeirsson, the rest of the goalkeeper corps gets a chance, with newcomer Starri and previous reserve Lárentíus duking it out for the #1. Starri is a hybrid keeper like Tom, lacking his predecessor's size but possessing good reactions and speed. A smart player who doesn't commit many errors, even if he's not quite the shot-stopper of his predecessor.

D1: Ríó – Bjarnleifur
D2: Kjarval – Bjarnþór
D3: Marc – Christian V
7th: Robert
Bjarnleifur Asgeirsson continues as captain. By far the best two-way player, his long time partner Ben Espensson has finally retired, so up steps Ríó, who is the first black player to represent the Ice Wolves in their history. Kjarval is also skilled with the puck, but the rest are mostly hewn from rougher rock, while Robert is the closest thing the team has to a designated enforcer.

L1: Christian S – Lukas - Dýrmundur
L2: Asbjørn – Kyrri – Blængur
L3: Hákon – Skorri – Felix
L4: Eiríkur – Lár – Víkingur
Veteran center Jack Jokulsson isn't back so Lukas Jalmarisson gets a deserved chance at leading the first line. Christian Sofusson is the best skater with speed in spite of his size, and Dýrmundur’s size and killer slap shot combine for a potent offensive unit. Behind them, an all-new second unit. Karim Zain, the first Muslim to represent the Ice Wolves, has unfortunately been dropped as the controversy over past social media comments rolls on.

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my Scorers: Yes
Choose Scoring Events: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Maybe, ask first if you have something unusual planned
RP Injuries to my Players: Yes, but let me determine the severity
Godmod Injuries to my Players: Maybe, ask first and let me determine the severity
Godmod Other Events: Maybe, ask first
Other: You can sign any of my players should you wish (or draft from the WJHC), given how bad my own league is I'm happy to send them overseas, just shoot me a TG

A note on penalties: Græntfjallers will probably be perceived as dirty players by international standards, but they are not intentionally out to inflict cheap shots, but rather used to league rules that are laxer on checking. Most could not even spell ‘concussion protocol’.

A note on fighting: Fighting has now become more common in the PHL, but be reasonable. Our players are here to skate, not fight, but will fight if provoked. Most should be physically able to handle themselves; I don’t object to you RPing your players ‘winning’ fights but don’t have them mop the ice with mine.

A note on pictures: Please do not use photographs of RL people/teams/stadiums and say they are my players/team/country.

Style Modifier: +1
Last edited by Graintfjall on Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

Independent Athletes from Quebec
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 20, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Independent Athletes from Quebec » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:54 pm

Hockey is one of the big three indoor sports in winter-spring season for Quebec and Shingoryeo alongside basketball and volleyball. Traditionally regarded as one of the most historical names in the sport, the World Cup of Hockey 26 champions have signed up not as their usual moniker of Quebec and Shingoryeo, a title the Imperial Sporting Council, one of two immediate bodies between the Ministry of Sport and Hockey Quebec, has retired, but as Independent Athletes from Quebec.

The bulk of the reasoning behind this decision, one that follows precedence from the original I.A.Q. representation in the international football scene was the continued disputes between the ISC, Hockey Quebec and the QHL Players' Association (QHLPA). The disputes are generally viewed to come from the questions about scheduling mid-season international windows (footballers like this, hockeyists not really lol), and not to mention but the heart of it was over the revenue split of the games. Even before the ISC's decision to retire the banner, the squabbles have long caused the alteration of full-strength, collegiate and junior national teams over the past ten World Cups, meaning that the decision to retire the Ice Knights in favour of Grim Reapers, while surprising on the headlines, was perhaps inevitable.

The complicated and messy nature of this split means that each and every cycle the Independent Athletes team from Quebec and Shingoryeo will represent a certain group of players. This will likely mean an age side (usually Under-18s or Under-20s), a collegiate side, or even a regional sides take part, with the players expected to represent the Tricolour Taegeuk in a respectful manner. Coverage for this Team Quebec, due to the recognition-based challenge as a 'independent side', would remain limited with the IAQ team not receiving as much newspaper or television coverage unlike their football equivalents. As with past editions, however, Hockey Quebec will continue to provide necessary staffing and other needed assistance for this tournament.

Anyways, let's go and check out this squad:

Independent Athletes from Quebec - Skate4Love Team

The Skate4Love Team is a team consisting of a diverse mix of major junior, collegiate and professional players in Quebec and Shingoryeo, with professional players coming from middle six of the lineup outside of Geraldine Otter-Gormley, who is one of the most prolific scorers in recent history of Quebecois hockey. They will be representing Quebec and Shingoryeo as part of the Skate4Love campaign, a charity campaign established by Hockey Quebec to raise money on finding cure for incurable illnesses. For the course of this World Cup, they will be wearing a pink and white home jersey, with sky blue and gold sleeves, while the away jersey will be white and gold with blue and pink sleeves.

Head Coach: Kweon Chang-Soo, 36
Assistants: Michelle Weon-Bergeron, 31 - Antony Donato, 53

Former assistant Kweon Chang-Soo is promoted to the head coach, while Michelle Weon-Bergeron, a well-known power forward on the QHL and in past national teams, is now firmly established as a lead assistant to Kweon era. Antony Donato, a long-time collegiate and major junior coach, will be serving as the video coach.

Goaltenders: #40 Kim Yeong-Ook, 19 (World Cup 46 team member) - #29 Salvatore Tagliafico, 32 - #31 Anne-Marie Seiss, 23

Top Line:
  • LW #9 Geraldine Otter-Gormley, 27 (Past World Cup team member) - C #19 Bryce Matheson, 19 - RW #9 Helene Soucy, 20 (World Cup 46 team member)
  • LD #3 Denan Rogers-Ogunbowale, 22 (World Cup 46 team member) - RD #4 Claudio Shin Boitano, 26

Second Line:
  • LW #12 Milan Dukic, 17 - C #24 Jean-Simon Park, 25 - RW #10 Deidre Rodda, 31
  • LD #5 Michelle Moon, 23 - RD #7 Bernard Cha, 21 (World Cup 46 / World Juniors 18-19 member)

Third Line:
  • LW #11 Doh Sang-Hyeok, 20 - C #15 Marina Belmondo, 18 - RW #13 Lionel Drews-Clark, 24
  • LD #26 Gracie Kramer, 21 (World Juniors 19 member) - RD #8 Gleb Apostopoulos, 33

Reserves/Healthy Scratches (additional skaters are usually selected from this group):
#43 FW John Michael Bowes, 28 - FW Min Joo-Ri, 17 - #3 DF Yim Jae-Yeon, 21 (Past World Junior/Cup member) - #18 Milson Tanabe, 25

Special Teams
PP1: Otter-Gormley - Doh - Soucy / Rogers-Ogunbowale - Shin Boitano
PP2: Dukic - Matheson - Drews-Clark / Kramer - Cha
PK1: Belmondo - Park / Rogers-Ogunbowale - Cha
PK2: Otter-Gormley - Rodda / Moon - Apostopoulos

Style mod: -5
RP Permissions:
Choose my Scorers: Y
Choose Scoring Events: Y
Godmod Scoring Events: N
RP Injuries to my Players: Y - Maximum 2 a match
Godmod Injuries to my Players: N
Assign Penalties to my Players: Y
Eject my Players: TG me if necessary, otherwise no
Godmod Other Events: N

Note on fighting: This version of Grim Reapers' side will stay out of fighting as much as possible, especially considering the charity aspect of the Skate4Love Team. Ask me via TG if you plan to have a player of mine fight yours - while it may be likely for me to say no, it may end up coming down to what you have on mind re: match.
Last edited by Independent Athletes from Quebec on Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:29 pm

Article posted on the winter sports blog Icy Dead People.

Social media controversy overshadows retooled Ice Wolves team

At the press conference announcing the Ice Wolves team that will travel to the Squornshelan Remnant States for the qualifying games for the 47th World Cup of Hockey, it took journalists seventeen questions before the absence of Tom Finngeirsson – the ironman goalkeeper who had played every game since the Ice Wolves debuted in Quebec 12 years ago – was raised. The retirement of Jack Jokulsson, the all-time leading goal scorer for the Ice Wolves, ‘hockey’s Jason Þórhallursson’, didn’t even get a mention. Instead, the overwhelming focus of the assembled press corps was the ongoing controversy over historic social media comments that flared to life during the recent Junior Ice Hockey Championship. Multiple players were sent home from the tournament – which saw the Junior Ice Wolves go undefeated yet fail to qualify for the knockouts, recording the “world’s saddest 6–0 win” in a consolation game against Madrinpoor – as tabloid ND unearthed evidence of homophobia, misogyny, and antisemitism, and comments they labelled “anti-White” and “anti-Christian”, among past social media accounts of three players. That controversy only grew over the intervening weeks ahead of the squad announcement for WCoH47 as further investigation dragged up similar remarks made by Ice Wolves star Karim Raknarisson Zain.

That ND, a tabloid itself not shy of the odd dash of incendiary political incorrectness, was taking such interest in policing the social media etiquette of the players struck some on the liberal left as bad faith reporting. Vestrænnblaðið, while not defending the comments, accused ND of “sensationalism” and reporting them without proper context, while hinting at the real motive. Others were more candid. Left-wing politician Nusaiba Jihaadsdóttir el-Siddiqui said that ND was “obviously targetting players of color” with its reporting while “ignoring the far clearer transgressions” of players like Róbert Grímúlfursson, the bruising enforcer whose poorly spelled social media posts have regularly taken aim at left-wing politics and social justice campaigns. For el-Siddiqui, the charge is that ND, irritated by the increasing inclusivity of the ‘Rainbow Wolves’, a team who had once been accused of harboring far-right sympathies now boasting of more black and Muslim players, had run a purposeful hatchet job on just such players. Which may be true, but doesn’t detract from the fact those players – admittedly when they were in some cases just teenage boys – did indeed make such hateful comments.

The consensus is that Karim Raknarisson Zain will get a chance to play in blue-and-white again and is merely being withheld from this tournament to let the hubbub die down. A due round of cringeing apologies – the phrases “changed and grown as a person”, “don’t reflect who I am now”, “opportunity to learn”, practically write themselves – will probably follow, after which he and the junior players will quietly slip back into the ranks. All of which has proved an immensely frustrating distraction from actually talking about hockey. An Ice Wolves team that is going into a tournament with a new goalkeeper for the first time in over a decade, with Lukas Jalmarisson and Christian Sofusson needing to step up to replace Jack’s scoring, will probably spend more time fielding questions about social media – and will undoubtedly have every keystroke put out in their name duly scrutinized.

Also in the news:
  • Police fire rubber bullets as protests over policing reform bill escalate
  • Prime Minister scoffs at “ridiculous” suggestion animal cruelty provisions are “racially tinged”
  • el-Masri network linked to suspect detained over failed train bombing attempt
  • Derivatives deregulation passes Thing over Left-slate objections
  • GANAX probe Module Utilizing New Complex High Energy Reactor to dock with the All Spectrum Satellite
Last edited by Graintfjall on Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

Squornshelan Remnant States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

WCoH 47 MD1

Postby Squornshelan Remnant States » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:34 pm

RP Cutoff for MD01

Let's start things off with a traditional feel.

Group A
Abanhfleft 3–2 Juvencus
Texas Jaguarundi 1–0 The Greater Onvares
Canadian Dominion 1–2 Trolleborg
Gyatso-kai 6–2 Golyna

Pos                           Pld   W  L OTW OTL  GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Gyatso-kai 1 1 0 0 0 6 2 +4 3
2 Abanhfleft 1 1 0 0 0 3 2 +1 3
Trolleborg 1 1 0 0 0 2 1 +1 3
Texas Jaguarundi 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 +1 3
5 Juvencus 1 0 1 0 0 2 3 −1 0
Canadian Dominion 1 0 1 0 0 1 2 −1 0
The Greater Onvares 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 −1 0
8 Golyna 1 0 1 0 0 2 6 −4 0

Group B
Lacfroid 2–3 Medzhumoramia
Caribbia 0–1 Valanora
Ko-oren 1–0 Katterimunk
Zelena Planina 6–7 Patriotlandia

1 Patriotlandia 1 1 0 0 0 7 6 +1 3
Medzhumoramia 1 1 0 0 0 3 2 +1 3
Ko-oren 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 +1 3
Valanora 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 +1 3
5 Zelena Planina 1 0 1 0 0 6 7 −1 0
Lacfroid 1 0 1 0 0 2 3 −1 0
Caribbia 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 −1 0
Katterimunk 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 −1 0

Group C
Nova Anglicana 2–0 Atheara
Arjunnagar 3–3 C.D. Karegnondi Lodge (1–2 SO)
Saperetia 0–2 Huron League
HUElavia 5–4 Vilita and Turori

1 Huron League 1 1 0 0 0 2 0 +2 3
Nova Anglicana 1 1 0 0 0 2 0 +2 3
3 HUElavia 1 1 0 0 0 5 4 +1 3
4 C.D. Karegnondi Lodge 1 0 0 1 0 4 3 +1 2
5 Arjunnagar 1 0 0 0 1 3 3 0 1
6 Vilita and Turori 1 0 1 0 0 4 5 −1 0
7 Atheara 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 −2 0
Saperetia 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 −2 0

Group D
Darkmania 1–4 Jedinsto
United Penguin Commonwealth 4–6 Cassadaigua
Cordia 5–5 TJUN-ia (1–2 SO)
Lorenthia 5–6 Kimi-Suomi

1 Jedinsto 1 1 0 0 0 4 1 +3 3
2 Cassadaigua 1 1 0 0 0 6 4 +2 3
3 Kimi-Suomi 1 1 0 0 0 6 5 +1 3
4 TJUN-ia 1 0 0 1 0 6 5 +1 2
5 Cordia 1 0 0 0 1 5 5 0 1
6 Lorenthia 1 0 1 0 0 5 6 −1 0
7 United Penguin Commonwealth 1 0 1 0 0 4 6 −2 0
8 Darkmania 1 0 1 0 0 1 4 −3 0

Group E
Eden and Cambersey 6–2 Evinea
Madrinpoor 0–0 Squornshelan R.S. (0–1 OT) (scorinated by Tumbra)
Banija 7–1 New Folgore
I.A. Quebec 0–3 Mercedini

1 Banija 1 1 0 0 0 7 1 +6 3
2 Eden and Cambersey 1 1 0 0 0 6 2 +4 3
3 Mercedini 1 1 0 0 0 3 0 +3 3
4 Squornshelan R.S. 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 +1 2
5 Madrinpoor 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 -1 1
6 I.A. Quebec 1 0 1 0 0 0 3 −3 0
7 Evinea 1 0 1 0 0 2 6 −4 0
8 New Folgore 1 0 1 0 0 1 7 −6 0

Group F
Lisander 2–1 St Saratoga
Elejamie 7–0 Arctic Hockey Association
Placely Placington 5–3 Ile de Richelieu
Delaclava 3–5 Huayramarca

1 Elejamie 1 1 0 0 0 7 0 +7 3
2 Huayramarca 1 1 0 0 0 5 3 +2 3
Placely Placington 1 1 0 0 0 5 3 +2 3
4 Lisander 1 1 0 0 0 2 1 +1 3
5 St Saratoga 1 0 1 0 0 1 2 −1 0
6 Delaclava 1 0 1 0 0 3 5 −2 0
Ile de Richelieu 1 0 1 0 0 3 5 −2 0
8 Arctic Hockey Association 1 0 1 0 0 0 7 −7 0

Group G
Tjorl 5–4 Græntfjall
Sannyamathland 2–6 Kelssek
Furilisca 0–0 Dod Rava (1–0 SO)
Depivik 6–6 Oursberg (7–6 OT)

1 Kelssek 1 1 0 0 0 6 2 +4 3
2 Tjorl 1 1 0 0 0 5 4 +1 3
3 Depivik 1 0 0 1 0 7 6 +1 2
4 Furilisca 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 +1 2
5 Dod Rava 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
6 Oursberg 1 0 0 0 1 6 7 −1 1
7 Græntfjall 1 0 1 0 0 4 5 −1 0
8 Sannyamathland 1 0 1 0 0 2 6 −4 0
Last edited by Squornshelan Remnant States on Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Confederacy of Squornshelan Remnant States
Successor State to the Imperium of Squornshelous
World Cup 31 Champions
AOCAF Cup 69 Champions
ARC 1 Champions
World Cup:
2nd: 15, 38
3rd: 20, 25
SF: 18, 27
QF: 5, 11, 12, 22, 30, 32, 33, 34, 40
Ro16: 6, 7, 9, 16, 21, 23, 24, 28, 36, 37, 39, 90, 93
Group Stage: 8, 10, 13, 17, 19, 26, 29, 35, 41, 88, 91, 92, 94
DNQ: 14, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89, 95
Cup of Harmony:
QF: 6, 73, 75, 81
Ro16: 74
Ro32: 79
Group Stage: 76, 77, 87
Regional:
2nd: AOCAF65
3rd: IAC8, AOCAF67, AOCAF68
QF: IAC10, IAC13, AOCAF66, AOCAF70
2nd Round: IAC6, IAC7, IAC12
1st Round: IAC9, IAC11
Other:
BoF68 QF

Squorn is an unknowable entity -Mriin

Lacfroid
Attaché

Founded: May 30, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Lacfroid » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:21 am

“”, pt 2
The Lacfroid Aquarium, despite its name, is a private, entirely for-profit venture owned by the Champlain family, hospitality and tourism magnates for whom the city is named. Its newest exhibit is a penguin habitat with several of the birds, of which Lucia Boutin was entirely unaware until her date offered to take her to see them. Ema’s bright blue eyes sparkled as she spoke, and Lucia wondered what it would be like to drape one’s arms around her and kiss the unruly mop of hair above her sharp fade. But first, penguins.

Ema’s car was a compact executive sedan in Lacfroidois blue, stylish but reasonable, and Lucia found herself grateful for the seat heater. They chatted lightly as they drove; how long had Lucia been in town, what kind of places did she like to go, how was she liking the gendarmerie. The questions Ema asked painted a picture for Lucia of a life of relative privilege; a well-paying job that afforded her the flexibility to live life on her own terms. She was a few years older than Lucia and evidently worked as some kind of engineer, perhaps mechanical, given her familiarity with the engines that powered Lucia’s helicopters. But the conversation stayed mostly on Lucia, and to her shame she found she liked it that way; it was beyond flattering to think someone as…cool as Ema could be interested in her life.

Laying out the details of her daily routine, Lucia realized it was even less glamorous than she’d thought. Wake up, early-morning hockey workout, drive to the airport, fly or do paperwork until evening practice, skate, then do it all again the following day. Days she had to go out of town, either flying or for hockey, were the worst, because what routine she had went out the window and she had to start from scratch. It was fortunate Champlain had so many quality restaurants, because Lucia wasn’t yet at a point where she could reliably grocery shop. All this Ema took in with quiet interest, nodding at the appropriate moments and asking leading questions. A few times Lucia stopped herself from going too deep into the weeds of what specific missions she was flying–operations security was a thing, after all–but she had a feeling that if she’d wanted to get into acronyms and jargon, Ema would be right there with her.

The aquarium turned out to have far more than just penguins. Three stories tall, it took several hours to walk through the entire thing. Lucia felt like a child; after years of studying math and physical science, she’d forgotten how incredibly engrossing biology could be. For her part, Ema mostly watched Lucia, occasionally pointing out an interesting fish or amphibian. The only time she strayed from her pattern was the gallery covering fishing and watersports in Lacfroid. Here she moved slightly ahead of Lucia, urging her through the gallery. Even when they reached the promised penguins, Ema kept most of her attention on Lucia, eyes wide as saucers.

After the aquarium they went their separate ways. Lucia texted Manon Voisin, her defense partner, to let him know she was headed to the gym in case he wanted to join.

“So late?” he replied. She could see the stupid grin on his face as he typed it.

“Fuck off. Had a busy morning. Not like you went to the gym.”

“True, true. Busy doing what?”

Lucia hesitated; she hadn’t mentioned Ema to anyone, and it seemed too early to do so now, but this was Manon. A teenager in his first season of professional hockey, Manon had become a friend to her almost by default, the shared bond of too many early mornings and late nights together. She decided what the hell.

“Had a breakfast date. Girl from that app.”

“Ooh, sounds interesting. Tell me between sets.”
Population: ~1 mil
Capital: Ville du Lac
Demonym: Lacfroidois
Sports played: Winter sports, Australian football

Golyna
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 29, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Golyna » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:58 am

FINAL SCORE GYATSO-KAI 6, GOLYNA 2

"Disappointing, yes. Surprising, no" said head coach Axel McDrummond of Golyna's first WCoH game. "Those shots were some of the fastest shots I've seen in my career" Kris Cronwall stated. Cronwall let in four goals before he was swapped out for Adrian Moorhawl. After the goalie change in the second period, Golyna picked up some speed, with captain Derrick Barber firing a heavy slapshot past Ming Zhanshi. Despite the morale booster of a goal, the Golynans were never able to catch up, scoring only one other goal midway through the third. The only interesting thing to happen was a line brawl after the buzzer. "We were pissed" said Aaron Shalahaw, the starting center, "The refs were missing calls left and right and at some point during the game I thought, 'are they taking bets?' I quickly let that thought die." Shalahaw later stated he did not believe the referees were betting on the game, stating he thought "they just couldn't do their job right." Fans on Golynan social media site Twitler shared their sentiments with Shalahaw, with one user writing "just watched Golyna's first World Cup game, did anyone else think the refs were idiots?" Comments on that post agreed with the user. Even fans in the Macrodome thought something was up with the referees, chanting "Helen Keller!" during the game.

44 Derrick Barber, unassisted
18 Liam Carpenter, 41 Eric Fairchild

OOC: Gyatso-kai I hope you're okay with blind refs and line brawl, if not TM me
Last edited by Golyna on Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NS Stats Are Mostly NOT Cannon

Medzhumoramia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 11, 2022
Ex-Nation

Lacfroid 2 - 3 Medzhumoramia

Postby Medzhumoramia » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:49 am

КЧС Спорт

Medzhumoramia Wins WCoH Debut 3-2

"Welcome back to KČS Sport, everyone. We’ve just witnessed Medzhumoramia’s first foray in the World Cup of Hockey in a matchup against Lacfroid. It was a hard-fought game against a skilled opponent, but ultimately, Medzhumoramia bested Les Papillons 3-2 in regulation.

Lacfroid came out swinging early on, winning the initial face-off. They scored the first of their goals in the first two minutes of the game. However, Medzhumoramia quickly rallied, Krystian Kask scoring with a wraparound shot a few minutes later.

In the second period, a goaltender interference penalty by the Lacfroid LW put Medzhumoramia on the power play, which team captain Vytali Novyk capitalized on by scoring a goal of his own. Shortly before the end of the period, Lacfroid scored an equalizer.

In the third period, Oskar Bladzhykowski showed his skill as a goalie fending off an absolute barrage of shots in quick succession. Eventually, Medzhumoramia went on the counterattack, and Novyk assisted Kask in scoring the game-winning goal.

'We are thrilled to have won our first ever World Cup of Hockey game.' Novyk said in an interview with Simon Tsap. 'All the lads put their all into the game, and we hope to take this momentum forward into our next game.'

Medzhumoramia next faces Patriotlandia on the 14th. They won their opening game against Zelena Planina 6-7.

Another interesting story relating to the game was the brief circulation of an online hoax prank claiming the game ended in a 0 - 0 tie, despite the fact that there are no standing tie-games in the tournament rules.

From Han Wavel, Squornshelan RS, I'm Vyktor Üriau Pivaurengo for KČS Sport"

K. Kask (#41), unassisted (P1 10:11)
V. Novyk (C, #43), unassisted (P2 9:28)
K. Kask (#41), V. Novyk (C, #43) (P3 7:46)

OOC: @ Lacfroid I Didn't assign players to your scores and minor penalty. But the times for the Lacfroidois scoring events would be around 19:00-18:00 of Period 1, and 2:00 - 0:10 of Period 2, if you want to RP them. Your PK would have started between 11:05 and 10:00 of Period 2.
Last edited by Medzhumoramia on Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reflects My Views?: Not Quite. Closer than My Puppets, though.
NS Stats?: Not Canon
Establish an Embassy with Us
Member of SCTO
MEDZH HOCKEY GOES TO WCoH KNOCKOUT ROUNDS! Just Stop Solar holds entirely respectful protest. Eggnog sales hit record highs over holidays. Why Epiphany and Theophany are Sorta the Same Thing, but Maybe Not

I LIKE TYPING IN ALLCAPS ABOUT MY OPINIONS SOMETIMES!

Trolleborg
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Trolleborg » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:55 am

Greetings, compatriots!
It’s TTV from SRS, where probably most dramatic game of our sporting history just ended. Canadian Dominion was considered by both fans and specialists as a more than worthy opponent, but victory over him as still quite within the capabilities of our team. Hockey players started their first match at the tournament very cheerfully and confidently, for the first few minutes they almost did not allow opponents to cross the center line of the field, and made dangerous shots at the goal several times. And then something went wrong. Usually in such cases, both in hockey and in basketball, our head coach begins to regulate the actions of the players “manually”, and constantly shuffles the lineup, and we are witnesses that this helped several times. But not now. Opponents successfully moved the game to the middle zone, and then to our own, and now Shelburne had to work hard, and very thoroughly. Just before the break, he couldn't help his teammates, but the crossbar saved our lads, parried the shot of Francis Bailey. The teams went to the break with the score 0:0, and we all expected the team back on the field with some trepidation and much worriness. Not in vain, as it turned out – since hockey players began to show the game that we expect from them only towards the end of the period, and neither the energetic injuctions of the coach, nor his instructions, nor the constantly rearrangement of the players changed the situation. It seemed to us that the national leader was barely holding back so as not to start handing out slaps to make his ideas more clear to the players. In the last minutes of the second period, the team still started up, in which, it seems to us, Halgren played a big role, created dangerous situations a couple of times, and it seemed to us that the period would last a couple more minutes would have succeeded to open score.

But the time came to go to the locker room, and again it was not a team that came back, but just a string of players in the same uniform. And at this moment Canadian Dominion opened the score. The first link, which had just entered the ice, correctly figured out what to do and Jakob Hawley had enough time to pick up the puck, and put it right into the top corner of the goal. The entire armada of fans from Trolleborg responded to what was happening with a long heavy exhalation and after that fell silent, and for about a minute did not react at all at anything, only then gradually came to life again and begin roars as usual. But only this revival only partially affected things on the ice. Our hockey players began to act somewhat more collected, and the further the more intense, but for a long time there was a lack of much-needed spark in actions, ten minutes before the end it seemed to many that now the team would fall apart in despair from its inability to defeat a stubborn opponent. But on the contrary, the less time left, the more serious the pressure on the gates of Seth Arbor became. Twice the head coach released the sixth field instead of the goalkeeper, trying to achieve a decisive advantage. With a little over a minute left, Vladimir Finn took a thirty-second timeout, called all six field players to him, and spent time on intense explanations, drawing something on the board and prescribing to everyone what to do with energetic gestures. The teams didn't even play ten seconds after that the puck went out of field, and now our opponents have taken the timeout, apparently counting on the psychological effect of such a move. All the seconds allotted to them were spent to one, the puck was thrown in again, the struggle started, and then the final siren sounded. The opponents poured out on the ice to celebrate the victory, and it is not so easy to describe the emotions that were on the faces of our fans. However, then some confusion began on the bench of officials, with much talking and discussions proceed, then the referees were involved and they were asked about something. Then they are go into the ice again, went to the teams, the Canadian Dominion players' faces were drawn out and paled to some extent from what they heard, and in the stands fans began to wonder what was there, but then the fans were informed: it turned out that all the time while both teams had timeouts, official watch was not stopped, and thus there is still about a minute left to play.

Apparently, this moment had an effect: immediately after the throw-in, Jesper Sederland took possession of the puck, Yakob Valgren threw it away, and after two moments of thought, he forwarded it to Torben Ronnefjord. The defender made a low shot almost from the blue line – right into the corner of the goal, 1:1! With faces gray from the experienced emotions, the Canadian Dominion players made a lineup change, took possession of the puck in the center, but Aiden Bourne, apparently, took the incident too close to heart and made a not quite obvious forward pass, Nolan Dawson was attacked by two of our hockey players at once, who threw the puck to the right, Ruud Woldring took possession of it, and, having speeding in on the flank, flew into the opponents' zone. There he made a pause and sent the puck to the center, where from the melee of three players, she bounced back towards the center of the field and from there Hendrick Reuter sent it straight into the top corner - 2:1! We will not go into detail about what happened in the remaining forty seconds of the game, where which the winners turned into losers in a matter of moments, but rather spend the airtime in order to congratulate our lads on such good luck. Tough win, but a win nevertheless.

Jedinsto
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedinsto » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:07 pm

Jedinsto Sports Network

"Thank you for tuning in tonight on this special broadcast. As you may have seen yourself, the Jedinsto national hockey team has emerged victorious in its first ever game. Managed by the commissioner of our very own Jedin Hockey League, the team currently leads its group in this early part of the group stages. We are now being joined by Head Coach Caden Hunter, the coach of the Sloboda Senators- 'Tonight our boys went to work, and it shows. This team was created through open tryouts after the draft for the first ever Jedin Hockey League season, which all of these boys will be playing in. We have a hell of a lot of respect for that Darkmania team, and we're thrilled to have pulled out the win. Hats off to Mr. Sharrow for leading the team tonight, and putting the puck in the net himself as well. Huge shout out to the goalie and first star of the game, Mr. Woods. How he managed to get a goal himself, we're not sure, but we'll certainly look out for more tomfoolery in the future. We're gonna hope to build off this win and by some chance make it to the knockout rounds, thank you.' We certainly are pleased and surprised with the performance of our boys tonight, and we hope they really do live up to the hype."

+17:22 Cedric Peters
+25:02 Austin Sharrow, Captain
+32:45 Kaeden Thatcher
+59:50 Jeffrey Woods, empty net

OOC: Sorry if godmodding a goalie goal was a bit too much, it's my first time :P

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Darkmania » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:16 pm

It was an awful start for the national team, ending their first match in a 4-1 loss to Jedinsto, and the darkmanain national team only scored a consolation in the dying minutes of the match. For a nation where ice hockey is one of the most popular sports, this isn't the best start for them. The team was in the locker room after the match not happy over the fact that they lost to a team whose as far as it's known is making its debut at the WCoH.

"What the fuck was that playing of yours", someone asks when the players were beginning to take off their suits. The disappointment could be felt. 4 to 1 to a rookie nation team. Not something to be proud of. "If this is how the tournament will be going for us then I don't want to play". The manager was walking into the locker room.

"I understand that you are disappointed but don't forget that this is the first match and we still have many matches still left for us. We can still turn over and we can still win"

The players were quiet and left the venue, only to head back for their next match.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Huron League
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 11, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Huron League » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:37 pm

GROUP DRAW RECAP

Pot 1:
Nova Anglicana - Rank 6
Nova Anglicana is one of the lowest ranked in the highest pot, yet are still going to certainly be the team to beat. However, a weakness Huron League can seize on seems to be goaltending. Darren Gordon is the 1A, but his weakness is definitely athleticism, so a well-done deke here or there could do him some trouble. Joey Perry is a big body, but can and has been beaten often by more skilled players, which Huron League has multitudes of at forward. Nova Anglicana is slightly more defensively minded than the Huronian team, but likely not enough to shut down the fiery offense of Huron League. However, if Huron has the slightest of off-days Nova Anglicana is the clear favorite.
Prediction: HUR 3-4 NOA
Record Prediction: 5-1-0-1

Pot 2:
HUElavia - Rank 12
The most recent roster for HUElavia available is from the WCoH 45, Huron League's only previous performance in the Cup. If this roster is the same or similar, HUElavia has an aging core with young guns dotted in between. They play a slightly offensive game, but Huron League will be able to output more points than them. Unless their goalies come up big, Huron League should take the win. This will be slightly less even than some games for Huron, but will be a very important one nonetheless.
Prediction: HUR 5-2 HUE
Record Prediction: 3-2-1-1

Pot 3:
Vilita and Turori - Rank 27
Vilita and Turori are an... interesting team, and seemingly interesting to play against, with their style modifier that is literally pi. They are a tad more offensive oriented than Huron League, but not enough to make it matter. This game will come down to the wire, but if Huron League keeps up their training they will have the upper hand. This will be another critical game for Huron League to win to boost them into a comfier position in the finals.
Prediction: HUR 4-5 VIT (OT)
Record Prediction: 4-2-1-0

Pot 4:
Atherea - Rank 32
Atherea is a defense first, offense next team, which Huron League can deal with, even if it will be tougher than another offensively minded team. Atherea, who like Huron League finished third in their group and just missed qualifications, will be out for blood and rock solid on the back end. Atherea is also a very youthful team, without a single player over 27. Lacking leadership, the team could falter under major pressure here in the Squornshelan Remnant States. However, in a battle between two evenly offensive and defensive teams, Huron League should come out with the win. This, however, will be another game like Nova Anglicana where anything could happen if Atherea capitalizes on the mistakes of a weaker Huronian defense. Today’s game will be a bellwether for both teams, as these are the most evenly ranked teams in the group. If there is a blowout or a shutout for a team, that could show a stronger performance upcoming for the victor.
Prediction: HUR 2-1 ATH
Record Prediction: 2-2-1-2

Pot 5:
Huron League - Rank 45
As the lowest ranked nation in the group, (apart from unrankeds) Huron League must show it’s worth against the powerhouses if it wishes to prove that their second place Olympic finish was not just a fluke. Returning largely the same roster plus some incredible, yet inexperienced youngsters out of the Huron Junior Hockey League should help. Keep an eye on them to go far. Part of the low rank is certainly Huron’s participation in just one WCoH, in which they just missed out on advancement to the knockout rounds. The Huronian schedule could lure them into a false sense of security, as their fifth placed seed means they play seed 4, then the three unranked teams, followed up by a very tough few marking days playing 1-2-3. Don’t take this to mean Huron won’t make the medal round, but they need to stay on top of their game against the big boys after a few easier games.
Record Prediction: 4-1-1-1

Pot 6:
C.D. Karegnondi Lodge - UR
Our first newcomer to the WCoH seems to be new to everything. This team has no info about it, from coaching staff to the team to a domestic league. Expect a team that will be flummoxed by every one of it's opponents apart from Arjunnagar, who we will discuss later. They could beat ARJ, or they could be demolished by them. We have no idea. All we know is that Huron League will have a near-guaranteed points night.
Prediction: HUR 6-0 CDK
Record Prediction: 0-6-1-0

Pot 7:
Saperetia - UR
Saperetia is a defense-heavy team who is participating in their first international hockey tournament. If their defense can shutter the Huronian offense (a tough feat) while putting up a goal or two, expect a potentially close game or even a win from Saperetia. Unless the Saperetian defense breaks down, this will be a close game that goes down to the wire. Most likely, this game will be another close game for Huron League, but it could go either way. They will be the strongest of the unranked teams, who could pull off an upset or two of higher ranked teams.
Prediction: HUR 2-0 SAP
Record Prediction: 2-3-1-1

Pot 8:
Arjunnagar - UR
Arjunnagar is a newcomer to the WCoH, and have little information anywhere about their players, coaching staff, nor a domestic league or even hockey in general in the country. Arjunnagar comes from an area of the world not known for it's hockey prowess, leading us here to believe this will be one of the weakest teams in the competition. Expect a trouncing of them by all teams in this division, except for maybe the Celestial Dancers. Huron League will have a fun night, to say the least. Perhaps this mysterious team could sneak in a win somewhere, likely against Celestial Dancers.
Prediction: HUR 7-0 ARJ
Record Prediction: 0-6-0-1

Overall Group C: With some of the lower ranked teams in each pot, Huron League seemingly lucked out in the draw. It is important for them not to get too cocky, as any ranked team could certainly pose a solid challenge for them. Keep an eye on the first game between Atherea and Huron League to see an example of how those teams will fare in the rest of the tournament. The three unranked teams could jump out of the woodwork and prove a surprise for the ranked teams, but minus Saperetia, most likely they will serve as record boosters for the five top seeds.
Difficulty rank: 4/10, easy

this was made before MD1, but i forgot to post it ^

MD1 RECAP

Around the C - MD1
Welcome to The Squornshelan Remnant States, where 56 nations are facing off to be the Champion of the WCoH. Here in Group C, like all the other divisions, we have 8 teams: Nova Anglicana, HUElavia, Vilita and Turori, Saperetia, Huron League, the Celestial Dancers of Karegnondi Lodge, Atherea, and Arjunnagar. Nova Anglicana and Vilita and Turori are the favorites, but keep an eye on Huron League, HUElavia and Saperetia to make it to the knockout rounds.
Last nights matchups:

6 Nova Anglicana 2-0 UR Atherea

Nova was easily the favorite heading into this match, and beat Atherea as expected. A decent offensive performance coupled with an impressive first night against a powerhouse for Atherea could be a sign of how the rest of this tournament will go for both teams. Atherea will be able to get in a few wins, likely against Karegnondi Lodge and Arjunnagar, but we doubt they will advance to the knockout rounds. Nova Anglicana is well poised for a good performance, with their talented offense bolstering their way. This game was not what they were expecting, beating an unranked team by a measly two goals. Nova Anglicana might need to be worried when facing stronger teams like HUElavia and even Huron League, or last night could have just been an off day. Goaltending could be a problem, but if they keep their offensive output consistently higher than what they let in, they are sitting pretty in the knockout stage for group C.

UR Celestial Dancers of Karegnondi Lodge 3-3 UR Arjunnagar (2-1 SO)

This was certainly expected.
This game was painful to watch at times, overall a very sloppy game of hockey on both sides. Missed passes, messy stick handling and weak shots that fluttered past the goalie were a common sight throughout the game. Save for a pretty major upset, this game will probably be both teams only points. They both had better have construction teams at the ready to rebuild them after their games against Nova Anglicana - yikes.

32 Saperetia 0-2 45 Huron League

While a bit of an upset, not many took it to be. A very strong defensive game from Huron League shuttered the albeit weaker Saperetian offense. At 13:34 of the first period, Huron League saw their first goal being scored, on a 2 on 1 rush by Florian Garner and Milo Armstrong. Garner pocketed it right above the Saperetian goalie, and Smazing and Armstrong took credit for the assist. Later into the first, they got their second goal with a highlight reel goal from Archambault on a breakaway. Off of a line change, Archambault snuck away with a headman pass from Callum Melli, and out skated the defenseman easily, stick handled from the top of the face off circle in, and tucked it around the goalie who dove for the puck. Huron League certainly didn’t play bad, but they seemed to not be able to get a lot of shots off even with lots of time in the offensive zone. Shots were in favor of Huron League (28-21) since their time of offensive zone possession was nowhere near even (8:28 HUR - 4:10 SAP). Saperetia played a good game, however, and if the Saperetian squad continues to play this kind of defense, making it into the knockout rounds is certainly a goal within sight. They will, however need to bolster their offensive performance, as they put up no goals against a weaker Huronian defense corps. Huron League will look to build on this game, even if they didn’t get the result they entirely wanted. Saperetia’s ultra-defensive style of play was tough for the strong Huronian offense to take on after the first period, but the team figured out how to manage it. If a medal is within reach, Huron League must put more pucks in the net and stay solid defensively. Putting up two goals to start the World Cup is not quite what forward coach Trevor Macbeth had in mind. For his thoughts, we brought him in and asked him a few questions.

“Hello, thank you for taking your time during this busy month to speak with us.”
“My pleasure!”
“Ok, so what is your opinion on the level of play the team gave last night?”
“They played well, don’t get me wrong, but they played too cocky. They had so much time with the puck in their offensive zone, yet they got what was it 28, 29 shots? I expect more of the team tomorrow night, and I know they can certainly deliver. I talked with some of the guys after the game, Eaton and Armstrong as well as a few others, and they said they felt that the game was pretty bad. They’ll be put for blood tomorrow, so keep an eye out for them.”
“You and I know they’re capable of so much; but the rest of the world might not. How do you think their presentation, as a team on the ice and as sportsmen, was last night?”
“I think that they showed they can play with anyone, and contend. That game could’ve easily gone either way, and with a few more good bounces for us and I think we win that game by a lot more.”
“Did anyone in particular stand out to you on the Huronian team?”
“Barnum Cavalier played terrifically, we just couldn’t get any offense out. We know Cavalier can play that well though, but a surprise for me was to see Theo Eaton playing like someone double his age. He had such poise out there, and didn’t play intimidated. He had one or two chances that I was amazed didn’t go in, one of them being the breakaway with just a few minutes left in the second. That was great by him to get the puck and go that fast, right off the bat, then his hands to undress both of the defense and get a clear lane straight to the goalie. Eaton really impressed me that game, yeah. It’s not my area of expertise, but I’m curious about how Louis Harvard will play in his first international appearance. It will not be great for him if he messes up, since the team we play is likely a lower competition level than a few of the teams in his major junior league.”
“Thank you for taking time to speak with us, we and all of Huron League wish you and the team luck!”
“Thank you for having me!”

Huronian Goals:

FIRST PERIOD
13:34 Florian Garner, Assisted by Milo Armstrong and Bennett Smazing
17:20 Arlo Archambault, Assisted by Callum Melli

12 HUElavia 5-4 27 Vilita and Turori

Again, not an upset per se but still a surprising victory for many who thought Vilita and Turori would take the victory. HUElavia’s scorers just beat out the offensive team from Vilita and Turori, and played good enough defense to not let their dangerous offense get enough chances to overtake them. Don’t expect this loss for Vilita and Turori to be the norm, as HUElavia is one of the teams to beat in Group C.

Around the Cup

Group A
Gyatso-Kai 6-2 Golyna

A bit of a rollercoaster of a game saw these two group A teams duke it out for the first ten minutes, with the lead being swapped four times. A bad day for the Golyna goaltender, but vice versa for elated goal-happy fans in Gyatso-Kai. However, this was not the highest scoring game of the day, with that honor going to…

Group B
Zelena Planina 6–7 Patriotlandia

This game was another wild ride for all who watched it, flipping back and forth between Zelena Planina winning and Patriotlandia leading. Ultimately, after 6 switches of the lead, Patriotlandia scored a couple straight and carried the lead to victory.

Group E
Madrinpoor 0-0 Squornshelan R.S.

MD1 was a defensive deadlock for these two teams, one of which is new, one of which is experienced. This match day was an oddity, with few medium scoring games and a lot of low or very high scoring games, apart from groups A, C and to a lesser extent B.

Group F
Elejamie 7–0 Arctic Hockey Association
The powerhouse team out of Elejamie absolutely trounced the AHA, and near the end there were rumors that Elejamie was thinking of swapping their defense to offense and vice versa as youth teams do in a one-sided match. This was not unexpected, as Elejamie is ranked number one in the world, yet was still an exciting game for fans there and abroad.

Group F
Placely Placington 5-3 Ile De Richelieu

We do not know what to say. Thank you for reading and please do not faint.
Last edited by Huron League on Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Erie-Arcadia of Wombats is my puppet

NS ACHIEVEMENTS
XVI Men's Olympic Ice Hockey Silver Medalists
crickets

Caribbia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 05, 2021

Caribbia vs Valanora

Postby Caribbia » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:37 pm

Valanora Defeats Caribbia in Dominant Performance - TVC SPORTS

"Welcome and greetings to you all joining in to today's TVC broadcast!

It was an eventful day today in Caribbean sports, as the Caribbia National Hockey Team played its first ever game at a competitive tournament. Our great nation was woefully defeated 1 - 0 by our opponents, Valanora. For those who don't know, Valanora is one of the strongest teams in our group, and we have many more games yet to be played. Caribbia is the underdog however, as we do not have any world-class players as our country has a population of approximately only 60,000.

We interviewed many Caribbean fans at the stadium at the end of the match, and all of them thought quite alike in regards to the outcome of the game. Some said we were lucky to lose by just one, as we did have next to no attacking opportunities throughout the entirety of the game. Others were more optimistic, going as far as saying that we have a shot at winning the World Cup. But for now, most fans would surely at least appreciate Caribbia getting out of the group stage.

As for a quick recap of the game, not much went on. Valanora got out to a quick lead, when RW Kristian Simonsen scored from a beauty of a shot slotted right into the top-left corner of the net during the first minute of play. From then on, no more goals were scored by either team. However, Caribbia did not play well at all, honestly put. We were constantly under immense pressure, and could easily have lost by 5 or even more had we not been so lucky to only concede one. Valanora was creating chances left, right, and center, whilst we could barely manage to retain any possession of the puck, let alone have any real chance at scoring or even coming close to scoring!

Romeilanno Bavarädor, the head coach of the Caribbia National Hockey Team, is being heavily criticized by fans who disagree with his defense-orientated approach to hockey. Many fans we interviewed said that they would like to see more attacking opportunities created by our team so we could at least get on the scoreboard. Nevertheless, the our team's outstanding defense must be commended, as we were projected to lose this game by far more than what we actually did. That in itself is a terrific achievement taking into consideration our brief history.

Here's what he had to say about our performance:

"Firstly, I must praise our players for defying all odds and expectations here tonight. This was the first ever professional competitive hockey game our tiny island nation has ever played, and we faced an incredibly tough and world-renowned opponent. Yet, we still played incredibly well, especially on defense, and I am incredibly proud of what our team was able to achieve and accomplish out on the ice. We weren't expected to win, but we sure did put up one hell of a fight! As for our tactics, I agree that our offense wasn't the best today. There's no sugar-coating it, our offense was garbage! It did not perform, it wasn't in form, and we barely created any scoring opportunities. I take the blame for that, but I will learn from this game to ensure that necessary adjustments are made to our team. We'll play like bulls out there on Thursday, and I sure do hope the result will reflect that. Thank you!"

That is all for hockey for tonight. We send our best wishes to our national team and hope they perform above and beyond everyone's expectations. So, good luck!

Now, we'll move onto baseball..."
Last edited by Caribbia on Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Caribbia

Eden and Cambersey
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 11, 2021
Liberal Democratic Socialists

WCoH 47 — MD1 RP

Postby Eden and Cambersey » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:38 pm

Eden and Cambersey marks international debut with convincing 6—2 victory
The Mist Knights handily dispatched Evinea in their opening game at the World Cup of Hockey
Natalie Bowen (@NHBowenUP)
Sports | Pompey, Eden and Cambersey
ImageSHARE THIS: Image Image Image Image

#PLAYER
8Adrian Rosewarne
9Axel Begbie
10Caspar Begbie
19Francis Brekespear
42Archie Frost
5Moses Byfield
92Tristan Halley
#GOALTENDER
1Anthony Everett
XXX
#PLAYER
81Daniel Adebayor
98Oliver Adu
37Blake Fakoly
43Harold Olatunji
XXX
XXX
XXX
#GOALTENDER
18Koby Asare
99Aaron Salou
GAP
SASVSV%
GAP

XXX
SASVSV%

Image Image
E&C 6 — 2 EVI
Synesoft Center, Arkintoofle

ARKINTOOFLE, SQUORNSHELAN REMNANT STATES — Supporters at the Synesoft Center in Arkintoofle were treated to an engrossing eight-goal game Monday evening, which Edenocambrians at home were delighted to learn had resulted in a shock 6—2 victory for the Mist Knights. As no one outside the island had ever seen the Mist Knights in action before given the game marked their first appearance in an international game in history, the Edenocambrian side was seemingly able to use the element of surprise to get the better of an Evinean team that had entered the 47th World Cup of Hockey ranked 53rd in the world.

For the duration of one game at least, any doubts that captain Adrian Rosewarne's dominance at the domestic level would carry over onto the international level were emphatically dispelled. The young power forward unleashed total carnage for 60 minutes, racking up 2 goals and 4 points in the first period alone before completing a hat-trick midway through the third. The hat-trick was Rosewarne's first at the international level as well as the first hat-trick in the Edenocambrian team's short history, and it was perhaps the lattermost of Rosewarne's three goals that provoked the loudest cheers from the crowd at the Synesoft Center. With the Evineans botching a line change following an offensive spell, defenseman Moses Byfield took advantage of the opposition's vulnerability with a long cross-ice feed to Rosewarne, who, already at the Evinean blueline, found himself one-on-one with goaltender Aaron Salou and unleashed a powerful breakaway slapshot to round off an evening of explosive offense for the Mist Knights.

The Begbie twins' performances on the night were also excellent, with the brothers registering three points apiece: Axel with a goal and two assists and Caspar with three assists. The pair mesmerized the crowd with laserlike passing that at times seemed telepathic, and consistently got the better of the Evinean blueline with movement and skating patterns which, fortunately for the Mist Knights, was apparently seen as erratic, outlandish, and unpredictable to the hockey world outside of Eden and Cambersey. Francis Brekespear and defenseman Archie Frost rounded off the scoring for the Edenocambrians, with each of their goals coming by the grace of two Begbie assists. As for Evinea, an Oliver Adu wristshot in the final minute of the first made it 2—1 at the end of the period, perhaps giving the side reason for optimism, but three unanswered Edenocambrian goals in the second effectively sealed Evinea's fate, with goaltender Koby Asare suffering the ignominy of being called back to the bench and Aaron Salou being sent out to replace him. A Daniel Adebayor one-timer from the point early in the third eventually proved to be little more than a consolation goal, and was immediately followed by Rosewarne's third of the night.

Eden and Cambersey currently sit 2nd in Group E, sandwiched between second-seed Banija in 1st and first-seed Mercedini in 3rd — esteemed company given the two are ranked 10th and 5th in the world respectively. The Mist Knights will next face fellow World Cup of Hockey debutants Madrinpoor, who kicked off their campaign in impressive fashion despite a loss, managing to hold a Squornshelan side with much more experience and the benefit of home ice advantage to a 0—0 draw until falling at the last in overtime.

World Cup of Hockey 47 — Eden and Cambersey
Schedule
MD1: Image Eden and Cambersey 6—2 Evinea @Synesoft Center, Arkintoofle
MD2: Image Eden and Cambersey vs Madrinpoor @Synesoft Center, Arkintoofle
MD3: Image Banija vs Eden and Cambersey @Synesoft Center, Arkintoofle
MD4: Image Eden and Cambersey vs I.A. Quebec @Synesoft Center, Arkintoofle
MD5: Image Mercedini vs Eden and Cambersey @Synesoft Center, Arkintoofle
MD6: Image Eden and Cambersey vs New Folgore @Synesoft Center, Arkintoofle
MD7: Image Squornshelan R.S. vs Eden and Cambersey @Synesoft Center, Arkintoofle
Goals
Adrian Rosewarne - 3
Axel Begbie - 1
Francis Brekespear - 1
Archie Frost - 1
XXX
XXX
XXX
Assists
Caspar Begbie - 3
Axel Begbie - 2
Adrian Rosewarne - 2
Francis Brekespear - 1
Moses Byfield - 1
Tristan Halley - 1
XXX
Axel Begbie - 3
Caspar Begbie - 3
Francis Brekespear - 2
Archie Frost - 1
Moses Byfield - 1
Tristan Halley - 1
Last edited by Eden and Cambersey on Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Puck Watch!: What A Start To This One!

Postby TJUN-ia » Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:39 pm

After the start of the new era began with a knockout appearance, the Ice Jaguars of TJUN-ia have made it to the Squornshelan Remnant States in order to try and compete at another World Cup of Hockey...this time as the #13 ranked team. Ølson Rasmussen had to wave goodbye to his 2nd captain, Ryan Pericic, as well as Thorgan Annursson and Ki Hwa-Na but the replacements that have been drafted in - Thabo Tholo, Mary Karaitiana and Matilda Johansson - are certainly pointing towards the future. Rasmussen knew that he wanted to make it back into the knockouts again but considering the faces that we would have to face this time around, things were certainly going to be tough.

Scolaidh Arena in Han Dold will be our home away from home for the next few weeks and up first would be The Cordian Isles, coached by Kress "Terrible" Thomassen, who went out last time and won the whole fucking thing. Facing the defending champion on opening night sounded daunting as all hell but both sides recognised that this contest may decide overall implications for this group...and we certainly gave it our all. This game was fucking chaos, no doubt about that, and recounting it to you may make your head spin. It was 1-1 after the 1st period, with Randolf Karlsson's strike being countered by John Gallagher. After the 2nd, it was 3-3 after a brace from Lan Yih-Wen was countered by both Karlsson and Magnus Bjornsen. At the end of regulation, it was 5-5 - with new Captain Chris Jeeves scoring our 4th, a brace for Justin Perreau setting the defending champs up for the win...only for Luis Olivares to strike home with 15 seconds to go. This game had produced everything...and yet, onto overtime we went.

You could certainly tell that both teams wanted it in OT, with both Chris Ericsson and Chulalonnkorn "Chula" Shinawatra certainly working hard to not be the one that blinks first...and in the end, that was enough to take this opening night classic to a shootout. Both Chula and Ericsson made great saves in this shootout and with the scores tied at 1-1 after 4 (Harald Ericsen scoring for them, Saffron Allen for us), it would end up going down to the final pair of shooters. Martin Kordsen went first and while he tried to slot the puck past our Goalie, Chula had that one scouted and caught it in his puck. John Gallagher would then step up to try and win the game by himself...which he did, tipping the puck past Ericsson to walk off the game. After nearly 2 hours, this contest had finally been decided. Cordia would start their title defence with 1 point, but TJUN-ia ended up with 2. The defending champs fell on opening night...and damn, it felt good.

That performance showed off a lot of grit and if we can replicate that throughout the rest of our time in the SRS, then who knows how far we could end up going. #82 Lorenthia will be our next foe and we hope to keep the momentum going from there. GO ICE JAGS!

SCHEDULE (Group D, all games @Scolaidh Arena, Han Dold, Squornshelan Remnant States)
MD1: vs The Cordian Isles (2) W 5-5 [2-1 SO] (4th)
MD2: vs Lorenthia (82)
MD3: vs Kimi-Suomi (41)
MD4: vs Jedinsto (UR)
MD5: vs Cassadaigua (26)
MD6: vs Darkmania (53)
MD7: vs United Penguin Commonwealth (UR)
Last edited by TJUN-ia on Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Kimi-Suomi
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

FINALLY IN THE WIN COLUMN!

Postby Kimi-Suomi » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:28 pm

KIEKKI-AIKA, BABY! Yes, it's hockey time once more and time for the 47th WCoH in Squornshelan Jäännösvaltiot, or Squornshelan Remnant States to our englantilainen yleisö. Two years ago, the KSJ finally sent a team to this tournament and while we didn't win any games, we only lost once - which put us in a good mood looking back. Now, the same team from two years ago is back, looking to try and finally win some hockey games and see how far we can go in a sport we all know and love. Hannes Lehtonen knows that things will not be easy for the Leijonat in their 2nd go around but the mood around Kimi-Suomen sports has shifted so much during the last few years, that no one really knows what to expect. The Huuhkajat made it to the WCQ Playoffs. HM won a Cup Series race and made the Top 12 of that Chase. The Karhut almost made the semifinals in their T20 debut. So what the fuck could the Leijonat do?

Scolaidh Arena in Han Dold is our host ice for this tournament with Game 1 seeing us face #82 Lorenthinen (Lorenthia) on opening night. Our opponents did have previous WCOH experience under their belts, but were still ranked behind us...so no one really knew what to expect. As it would turn out, this game turned into a shootout pretty fucking quickly and the defence just went out of the window all night. After the first period, it was 2-2 with goals from Jenna Silvonen and Erik Ekman-Larsson being pegged back. After the second, it was 5-5 as Ekman-Larsson completed a hattrick and Ville Innala got onto the scoresheet but was pegged back each time. The D-Lines would then regroup before the 3rd and things suddenly slowed down, but a winner would finally be found with 2 minutes to go thanks to an excellent strike from Kapteeni Frans Seppälä. It was chaotic for a lot of this contest but finally, the deed was done. Kimi-Suomi had won a WCoH game in the most batshit way possible. Perfect for a nation like ours, which claims to be the "neighbour" of the SRS even if we aren't on any map (yet...).

Finally getting a win on our record certainly felt great, but more work needed to be done if we wanted any shot of reaching the knockout rounds. Debutants Jedinsto is up next, a team who beat a ranked opponent 4-1 in their first-ever game. They seem dangerous and we must take them seriously. NOSTA KUIN LEIJONAT!

SCHEDULE/AJOITTAA (Group D, all games @Scolaidh Arena, Han Dold, Squornshelan Jäännösvaltiot [Squornshelan Remnant States])
MD1: vs Lorenthinen [Lorenthia] (82) W 5-4 (3rd)
MD2: vs Jedinsto (UR)
MD3: vs JYK-inen [TJUN-ia] (13)
MD4: vs Cassadaigua (26)
MD5: vs Pimeämaninen [Darkmania] (53)
MD6: vs Yhdistyneiden Pingviinien Kansainyhteisö [United Penguin Commonwealth] (UR)
MD7: vs Cordianin Saaret [The Cordian Isles] (2)
B W O A H
A Tribute To The Iceman

Puppet of TJUN-ia
Member of Anaia

Saperetia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 14, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Saperetia » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:56 pm

In the category "News that that surprised no-one", Saperetia's first game in the WCoH!
Saperetia 0-2 Huron League

While some optimists held out hope for the national team to win their first ever tournament match, most hope was gone after the first period. Once defeated, optimists turned to the fact that other teams had lost by more than two goals to explain why Saperetia was going to win the entire tournament, only to be reminded of the fact that no-one in Group C had lost by more than two points and that Saperetia was, in fact, last.

Asked about the performance of the team, Blanchard told reporters that he was proud of the defense for getting it's act together after the goals were scored and that he hoped that next game, they could play as such from the beginning. Offensively he said that he had some ideas on how to improve but that he wasn't quite sure what would work. He praised the attack for "doing what they could with the little time they had." He also said that he would look at the enemy team to see if he could learn from they what to do and what not to do. When asked to elaborate on the "what not to do part" Blanchard explained that despite the fact that Huron League had nearly double the time in offensive zone posession than our team (8:28 HUR - 4:10 SAP), they managed to get "only" 28 shots compared to our 21.

Leaving defeat behind and learning from it is a great skill to have, so while Blanchard, Sepp and Nichols work out the "learning" part, let us focus on the next fixture, when our team will play Celestial Dancers of Karegnondi Lodge, a nation that is alongside us one of the three unranked nations in Group C. A victory against them would boost morale for our team which they can bring with them to the next match. Fans have pointed out that some luck will be required to advance to the knockout round, but that Saperetia should have a shot at it. Cocky or optimistic, you decide, but advancing to the knockouts would definetly boost hockey as a sport in our nation.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:25 pm

Scoring Summary- MD1 (Cassadaigua 6, The United Penguin Commonwealth 4)

1st Period:
(1-0 UPC)- Udert Zespa (UPC) 1 (Olas Lane, Sadas Duono) 3:22
(1-1)- Crystal Shadrick (CDG) 1 (Kelsey Carver, Hannah Regan) 5:10
(2-1 CDG)- Julie Robinson (CDG) 1 (Hannah Briscoe, Ashley LaPointe) 5:32
(3-1 CDG)- Kelsey Carver (CDG) 1 (Crystal Shadrick, Rachel Tillman) (pp) 13:50
(3-2 CDG)- Zidal Akosta (UPC) 1 (Adrano Siegel) 16:20
(3-3)- Zidal Akosa (UPC) 2 (Zinisio Narín, Anaro Gottlied) 19:03
Shots: CDG- 13, UPC- 9 PP: CDG- 1/2, UPC- 0/0

2nd Period:
(4-3 CDG)- Kelsey Carver (CDG) 2 (Hannah Regan, Crystal Shadrick) 14:59
(5-3 CDG)- Meghan Hess (CDG) 1 (Kelsie Shaller) 17:01
Shots: CDG- 13 (26), UPC- 6 (15); PP: CDG 0/1 (1/3), UPC- 0/1 (0/1)

3rd Period:
(5-4 CDG)- Sadas Duono (UPC) 1 (Olas Lane, Udert Zespa) 10:36
(6-4 CDG)- Kelsey Carver (CDG) 3 (unassisted) (en) 19:41
Shots: CDG- 10 (36), UPC- 11 (26); PP: CDG: 0/0 (1/3), UPC- 0/1 (0/2)

Notes:
This was Kelsey Carver's second career World Cup of Hockey hat trick.... The Fillies outhit The United Penguin Commonwealth 29-22.... Jenna Mitchell led the Fillies in ice time with 24:44.

(OOC: This is as in-depth as I'll be able to get with any RP anywhere this week, but it's something).
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:54 pm

Banija National Men's Ice Hockey Team
Head Coach: Dieter Lobe(Siovanija & Teusland). 49 years old. Former head coach of the Rotmunde Hurricanes in the Ehrenliga in S&T. Fifth tournament in charge.

The Banijan Hockey Federation, as the national governing body for ice hockey in Banija, is the governing body for this squad.

All teams listed are in the Greater Banijan Hockey League, or post-secondary education institutions competing in the Banijan Collegiate Sports Group competition, unless otherwise specified. Players who are making their international debut at the senior level are italicized.

Goalie
Starter: #44 Trophimus Raila. 32 years old. Plays for the Jaromirgrad Huskies.
Backup: #35 Gomolemo Pusoetsile. 31 years old. Plays for the Schemerdrecht Caribou.
Third String: #50 Yerga Azim Giday. 19 years old. Plays at Sankt Adelheid University.

Defenders
Partnership 1
Left Defender- #13 Alan Ceesay. Age 35. Plays in the Ehrenliga(Siovanija & Teusland's top hockey league). Captain.
Right Defender- #17 Esau Kayange. Age 22. Plays for Northern Moravica University(college hockey).

Partnership 2
Left Defender- #7 Kebba Marong. Age 26. Plays for the Istria Golden Bears.
Right Defender- #22 Gilead Obuo. Age 30. Plays for the St. Jakob Crusaders. Graduate of Loyola-Istria.

Partnership 3
Left Defender- #19 Jaramogi Hera. Age 33. Little Istria Tigersharks
Right Defender- #18 Chukwuma Chinasa. Age 31.. Quebec Grizzlies.

Forwards
Line 1
Center- #40 Okeli Uwaezuoke. Age 25. Jaromirgrad Huskies. First Alternate Captain
Left Wing- #10 Onyango Jow. Age 32. St. Jakob Crusaders.
Right Wing- #16 Paul Misiani. Age 28. Plays for the Mansfield Warriors.

Line 2
Center- #1 Kamara Marong. Age 34. New Istria Eagles. Second Alternate Captain
Left Wing- #33 Muhammad Ngoche. Age 27. Plays for the Schemerdrecht Caribou.
Right Wing- #4 Mcebisi Nokwe. Age 33. Goldstaff Cocodragons

Line 3
Center- #8 Mukasa Ssebanja. Age 28. Quebec Grizzlies.
Left Wing - #5 Émile Leroux. Age 21. Stalliongrad Mountaineers. Born in Quebec to Quebecois parents, moved to Banija at age 5.
Right Wing- #14 Tadi Kasuza. Age 29. Kapetägien Kestrels

Line 4
Center- #13 Belonwu Uchey. Age 31. Youngstown Yellowhammers.
Left Wing- #2 Junkung Kambi. Age 32. New Istria Eagles.
Right Wing- #6 Joylord Nyauchi. Age 21. University of Loyola-Istria(college hockey)

Notes:
The team's special teams tend to struggle, as they are more likely to score goals when it's 5 v 5.

As Banija is a country that lacks winter, the sport's popularity struggles inside the country itself. However, Banijans rank as some of the largest migratory people in the multiverse, as there are multitudes of Banijan migrant communities across Atlantian Oceania and far beyond. Therefore, the vast majority of places come from those Banijan migrant communities, in countries that actually have winter. Ice hockey has, quite famously, become a sport that migrant Banijan communities rally around, as thanks to the GBHL, it has become a way to connect both to other Banijan migrant communities, as well as the homeland.

At the last edition of this tournament, Banija made the knockout stages at a World Cup of Hockey for the first time since WCoH 40 in Taeshan. After getting a rather encouraging run to the quarterfinals(where they were felled by tournament hosts, Mercedini), this Banijan squad is ready to get back at it as they try to make their slow climb to the top of the ice hockey world.

Group E Schedule (Must finish Top 4 in this group of 8 to advance to the knockout stages- or be one of the four best fifth place teams)
Matchday 1: Banija(10) v. New Folgore(UR) in Arkintoofle, Megabrantis, Squornshelan Remnant States
Matchday 2: Squornshelan Remnant States(33) v. Banija(10) in Arkintoofle, Megabrantis, Squornshelan Remnant States
Matchday 3: Banija(10) v. Eden and Cambersey(UR) in Arkintoofle, Megabrantis, Squornshelan Remnant States
Matchday 4: Madrinpoor(UR) v. Banija(10) in Arkintoofle, Megabrantis, Squornshelan Remnant States
Matchday 5: Banija(10) v. Evinea(53) in Arkintoofle, Megabrantis, Squornshelan Remnant States
Matchday 6: Banija(10) v. Independent Athletes from Quebec(35) in Arkintoofle, Megabrantis, Squornshelan Remnant States
Matchday 7: Mercedini(5) v. Banija(10) in Arkintoofle, Megabrantis, Squornshelan Remnant States

Style Mod: -2
RP Permissions: Anything is game, although you need my permission to kill anyone. No pandemics of any kind allowed. Hockey's not that big in country, so expect Banija's fanbase at each game to be much smaller than our opponent's. If you injure somebody, please specify what the injury is and how many games they will be expected to miss.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Atheara
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheara » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:39 pm

A Bit of Insight to Athearan Hockey
Whilst within the current era Atheara is known to also be somewhat of a hockey faring nation, The Republic actually doesn't have too deep of a hockey history. Throughout it's entire history, while stick and ball games were played on the ice, ice hockey wasn't as prevalent within Atheara and it only became the dominant ice sport within the country after The Republic revealed itself towards the multiverse. But even then, there have been other sports that have taken similar roles to hockey. The most similar sport that isn't played as much anymore that rivaled ice hockey for dominance that also bears similarities to ice hockey is Spadis. Spadis is a sport of Nordian origin brought over by Nordcalia-Gestova that is played on ice between two teams of seven players that consists of an ice rink shaped in an oval and a large ring on two steel rod at both ends of the oval that acted as the goals.

Within Spadis, there are three main positions. The goaltender, defenders, and forward players. The goaltender is tasked to protect the ring that acts as the goal by blocking off any shots done by the opposition team. The defenders have the main task of protecting the rings so that the opposition can't score, and the forwards have the task of scoring goals for the team. The equipment that the players use for playing Spadis generally include a puck (Similar to one you would see in ice hockey), a long wooden stick with a large plastic square at one end to act as a shovel to lift the puck up and launch it at the ring to score points (Goaltenders do not use these), a see through shield for goaltenders to protect the ring from the opposition attempting to shoot the puck, and protective equipment for players to use such as helmets, knee and shin pads, shoulder pads, and others.

Spadis is played within four quarters of fifteen minutes each, with a quick ten minute break within the first, second, and third intermissions. Substitutions are allowed during each intermission and while the puck is in play. While during intermission, five substitutions are allowed and while during play, only two are allowed. When it comes to subsitutions while the puck is in play, if the sub and the substituted are both on the rink (Which counts as eight players in the rink) as long as neither are interfering the play (Defending, trying to challenge for the puck, etc) then it is allowed. Other interesting quirks about spadis is that there are several levels of severity within fouls that compliment the type of fouls (Light, Mild, Medium, Harsh, and Severe Fouls), the entire rink acts as the field (Meaning that play can ensure from behind the goal) among a lot of other things.

But that begs the question, what does Spadis have to do with Ice Hockey? Well, spadis helped the development of Atheara's now current hockey players early on within their career. The thing is, while ice hockey has competitions for all educational levels that require so and for amateur clubs, spadis only has competitions and tournaments for middle school and high school. The ratio for spadis/ice hockey entrants in middle school is 3:1, while it's 2:! in highschool. Most spadis players move on towards ice hockey in college and/or university, and the sport is more tame than ice hockey which allows them to get used to playing on the ice. However, some fear that sooner or later, spadis as a sport will die out and the transition to complete ice hockey will hurt something that's been signature to Atheara. Which is why after talking to key figures of spadis and ice hockey, a new sport was created right after Atheara participated in it's first ever ice hockey tournament. And that is Athearan Rules Ice Hockey, which takes rules from Spadis and ice hockey.

And that will be dived into the next part of this insight. Athearan Rules Ice Hockey, and the tournaments/competitions we speak of.
A T H E A R A | A N A I A
"I'm not sure about being as obvious as other people."
Football
Jenna Raven Cup I Champions!
3rd in the 75th Baptism of Fire!

Ice Hockey
3rd in the 19th World Junior Hockey Championships!
Ro32 in the 47th World Cup of Hockey
If you were wondering, the girl on my flag is Vill V from Honkai Impact 3rd. Your welcome.

Patriotlandia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 17, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Patriotlandia » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:38 pm

On the quest for more goals, the Mountaineers forget to defend

Roland Leduc
Han Wavel, Han Dold

A lot has happened since the Mountaineers took to the ice in an international tournament. The domestic league have been rebranded and restructured to improve the profitability of clubs and their overall parity. The PHA also sent a team comprised of the nation's top junior talent to compete in the 19th edition of the event. Exceeding all expectations, the team led by Phil Caxton won the gold medal to defending champions Delaclava. This success not only brought international success to our shores for the first time but also inspired the whole nation. Since the final, season tickets sales for all levels of hockey have sky rocketed and players everywhere are getting asked for commercial appearances. With the draft quickly approaching, the junior players are gearing up for the traditional holiday Junior Clash. The senior team however will be on display in the WCoH. The team has seen a remodelling of sorts following their group stage exit in the last edition. Coach Brent Calhoun from the Port-Crotay Cleaners of the PLH was brought in to replace François Saumure. The distinction however is that Calhoun as been offered the position as the full time manager of the national team. With this change the PHA is hoping that a proper system can be put in place that truly utilizes all the players' strengths. Despite bringing back players such as Camille Danault, Janna Friedova and Robert Moran, Calhoun is bringing in some young up and coming players like Blaise Parmentier, Jason Calico and Stephane Vitreuil. Still injured from last season, Hervé Terellien as left the starting role to Renée Latraverse from the Port-la-Ville Anchors. The netminder has already seen action in the WCoH and put up decent numbers but the label of starting goaltender is heavy.

In their first match, Patriotlandia played Zelena Planina, a new team in this tournament. In what could be best described as a defence optional night, both teams put up video game numbers offensively. The Mountaineers opened the scoring first Jeremy Faraday scoring is first in international competition. The young forward had the goal served on a platter after Marion Prunel took matters in her own hands and rushed down the right wing. The goaltender, Gišić, bit hard on the shot and wasn't able to cross the crease fast enough to stop Faraday. The spirits seemed high on the bench, but complacency soon set in as mistakes started to materialize. Cassandra Gaulin fanned on a clearing attempt the Zelenan forwards on an odd man rush. The Ice Cats would score two goals before Janna Friedova found twine after her shot snuck through heavy traffic.

The Mountaineers were caught napping off the second period face off with the Zelenan performing a set play which saw the puck be sent to the back boards off the draw. The Zelenan winger raced to the loose puck first negating the icing. The bounce caught Renée Latraverse unprepared and Darko Bajić didn't need a second invitation to give his team their second lead of the game. The rest of the period saw a lot of back and forth action. The Mountaineers saw their first opportunity on the power play in the second period and quickly capitalised with Max Galant finding the back of the net. Patriotlandia would soon get their first lead of the game courtesy of Camille Danault, but Zelena Planina retaliated with three unanswered. Heading into the break down by two, the team look deflated.

In the third, the Patriotlandians were back to their normal style, play was fluid but with purpose and emphasis was placed on dissecting the Zelenan defence while keeping possession. The pressure seemed to give Zelena Planina trouble has they started to take more penalties. Prunel scored with the help of the second power play unit to cut the lead down to one shortly before Plouffe and Roy also found the back of the net. With the lead secured once again, the Mountaineers were able to relax and bleed the clock despite some resiliency from the Zelenans.

In the post game media scrum, we were able to reach Brent Calhoun. "It obviously wasn't ideal, I think we had a cleaner game in our minds, but this team has shown they are not afraid of adversity. As a group we have to learn to win these types of games". The coach had this to say about Latraverse performance, "We left her to fend for herself far too often tonight. We consolidated in the third but we have to be ready to sacrifice the body and reduce the number of chances on net. She was far from the worst of us out there tonight". When asked if changes were on the horizon, the coach smiled coyly and said that we would see on Wednesday.

Roland Leduc has been a travelling reporter for the TPW for more than a decade. He started as the liaison in the minor hockey leagues but his writing style and character soon saw him climb the ladder to new heights. Roland strives to redefine what it means to be a sports journalist in Patriotlandia and those that by bringing his readers closer to the action than ever before. When he is not travelling, Roland lives in Boiscomplet with his two dogs, Soup and Fry.

Republic of Patriotlandia
Ice Hockey:
WJHC19 Champions

Association Football:
BOF80 Quarter Finalists

Ile de Richelieu
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2022

Postby Ile de Richelieu » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:47 pm

Lutenblag, Molvania, Squornshelan Remnant States - Yesterday marked history in Île de Richelieu as it was the first time a senior team played an international match (the junior hockey team already played in the latest junior world cup of hockey). For their first game, the Richelois faced a strange team named Placely Placington in a nation called Squornshelan Remnant States. We don't know what happened in SRS but it appears it was a large nation and something bad happened and now they are the remnant states.

Anyway, the game started off badly for Île de Richelieu with Test Subject 13 scoring two goals and Test Subject 9 scoring one in the 1st period and Placely Placington took a 3-0 lead. Astrid Bjornstad-Skyberg scored a power play goal midway in the 2nd period while Test Subject 7 was in the penalty box for high sticking. 3 minutes later, Guillaume Champoux-Rinfret, the son of head coach Ginette Champoux-Rinfret, scored on a 2 on 1 with Björn Rogstad . Anniken Steinback also has an assist on the goal. With 4 minutes remaining in the period, Test Subject 13 was skating heads down when Hakon Kleppe crushes him with an open ice hit and a line brawl occurs. Test Subject 12 jumps on Hakon Kleppe and they drops the gloves, Sigurd Andre Fredriksen is trying to defend his teammate when Test Subject 5 pull hims and they drops the gloves against each other. Simultaneously, Test Subject 11 and Test Subject 4 drops the gloves against each other without realising they're on the same team! Damn, these players are stupid! Hakon Kleppe gets a 5 minutes major penalty for fighting, another 5 minutes for charging and a game misconduct. Sigurd Andre Fredriksen, Test Subject 12 and Test Subject 5 all got 5 minutes for fighting. Test Subject 11 and Test Subject 4 weren't penalized for fighting each other. With all these penalties, Placely Placington have a 5 minutes power play and Test Subject 10 scored with 30 seconds remaining in the period when he deflected Test Subject 3's shot from the blueline. During the intermission, Test Subject 13, who looked a bit shaky after getting hitted by Kleppe, skated on the ice to get prepared for the 3rd period when the zamboni was shining the ice. The zamboni driver didn't see him and he got hit by the zamboni. The doctors tried to revive him, without success and his death was pronounced.

With a 30 minutes delay delay, the 3rd period resumed and, surprisingly, Test Subject 13 was back on the bench in good shape! Test Subject 13 scored a goal 6 minutes later on an assist by Test Subject 12. It was his 3rd goal of the game! Xavier Lajeunesse-Flanagan also scored with two minutes remaining in the game. The final score was 5-3 Placely Placington. Hakon Kleppe will be suspended 1 game for his open ice hit and will miss the next game against Delaclava. Alicia Sanchez will replace him in the line up.

Charlotte Elstad-Constantineau
Puppet of Saint-Jean-Jacques et Burnham-on-Stove

KPB rank: 84th

1st place: Jenna Raven Cup IV

Canadian Dominion
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 04, 2021

Postby Canadian Dominion » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:00 am

The Canadian Dominion gander squad crossed up with a 2-1 loss to the Trolleborg team, Also the coach needing to shift the lines to make it so the team doesn’t seem like a disjointed unit and those line will be show later.

Interview with head coach of the Canadian Dominion Hockey team.

Reporter: “Charles, how would you think you and your team performed in this game tonight?”

Charles: “Well, I would say that our game was lacking, and we could have done a lot better… it just felt like our team just wasn’t their and ready for the opening match, but the next match against The Greater Onvares, hopefully we will you know bounce back from this.”

Reporter: “Also your line changes seemed to be lacking. How will you get that to change? Because it did cause a last minute goal against.”

Charles: “Well after the game, I talked with the team to make sure they understand when and when not to change, but in practice that will be a main point on what needs to be done and what should be continued to work on. Hopefully we can get our act together after this loss and that some of the younger guys step up to help the team out.”

Reporter: “Would you like to bring to light the possible line changes on the team? Since these lines didn’t work, who are you considering to be scratched by the next game and could you offer any reasoning to why?”

Charles: “I am sorry but i can’t detail it in terms that i want but before the next match i will be sure to have it released. Other than that I think we should be wrapping up, but I will take another question before I have to go.”

Reporter: “Alright then… How could this game ruin the momentum that most CD teams have seen? In the 18th World Juniors, there was an explosive start with a 5-2 win, along with the shoot-out win against St. Saratoga. The 45th edition of the WCoH? Most runs in the realm of hockey have started with a win in the opening game. How could this affect your team's morale?”

Charles: “Well, I don't think it could change much at the moment. It is still a toss up for now but I could see us qualifying in a third or fourth place position, unless we go on a run we could snatch 2nd if we played as well as we did in the last couple Hockey cycles and thank you all for your time.”

Behind the scene PT. 1

The man walked to the right and off camera as he walked away from the public light. He felt so much pressure on his shoulders due to the Canadian Dominion Sporting Board. They were threatening his job unless he worked and got past the first elimination round, which is problematic in some aspects of the sport. Although he has coached some of these men since the 45th WCoH, he noticed, with every passing cycle, that they seemed to hit a stagnant line. The team needed to improve. Or, to get worse, this roster was static, and every time they made it to the Ro16, it seemed as if they hit a bump. The lines from the group stage stayed the same. If they wanted to advance, changes would need to be made. Charles would make a final roster for these games but with more pressure on him after the game's collapse against Trolleborg.

He would call Ellis Fisher to his office to let him know that Charles would put him on the scratch list. Fishers would be told that his teammate Archer Beech would replace him for one game to see how much that would affect the team's chemistry. However, Canadian Dominion would play a game against The Greater Onvares, an Unranked squad. That didn't matter to the coach. All that mattered was that Canadian Dominion was back on track to qualify for the Ro32. That or his job would likely be taken and given to Anthony Goddard, his assistant coach whom he has worked with for years on the domestic scene. Once Ellis Fisher Stopped by, Charles broke the news to the 20-year-old, and well, there was some disappointment in the young man's voice, along with heavy hints of sadness. Fisher thanked Charles and headed out of the office to tell Beech that Charles needed him. Soon enough lines would be posted on a cork board with defensive pairs being shifted along with two center-man and right-wingers, this change would hopefully help the gander squad in the next coming games.

Offensive Lines for the game against The Greater Onvares

First Line
Sawyer Lee - Nolan Dawson - Michael Holder

Second Line
Arjun Jacks - Jakob Hawley - Clark Gosling

Third Line
Archer Beech - Xavier Ostell - Tucker Peters

Fourth Line
Nicolas Lake - Francis Bailey - Gunner McCain

Defensive Pairs for the game against The Greater Onvares

First Pair
Bastien Cohen - Kai Miller

Second Pair
Huxley Frazer - Gabriel Shields

Third Pair
Tristan Barber - Aiden Bourne

Fourth Pair
Victor Till - Beckett Byrne
THE GOOSEDOM OF CANADIAN DOMINION

Sporting adventures
FIRST PLACE:
WJHC 21

Fourth Place:
WJHC 20

Quarterfinals:
WJHC 19, AOHC 11

Round of 16/32
AOCAF 67, WJHC 18, WCoH 46, WCoH 47, AOCAF 68, WCoH 49

Dod Rava
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 20, 2020

Postby Dod Rava » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:53 am

Dod Ravian Hockey National Team

Head Coach: Adam Król • Trigramme: DOR • Style: +1

Assistant Coach: Szymon Wojak • Goaltending Coach & Scout: Franciszek Gol

Record: 0-3-1

Roster:
No. Pos     Name             Age
9 C Czesław Reparator 35 (c)
14 C Jadwiga Huga 19
44 C Loepold Germański 18
69 C Kamila Ojo 19
96 C Rezigiusz Paleta 32
10 LW/RW Karola Szałwia 19
29 LW/RW Martin Polanek 18
17 LW Sebastian Pérez 26
22 LW/RW Martin Gotówka 23
75 RW Bożydar Żarnowski 28
4 RW Jesus Mallén 25
99 RW Robert Trumna 24
86 RW Paweł Woźniak 17
13 D Maciej Mak 24
88 D Ignaś Białczański 28
66 D Szaweł Woźniak 17
43 D Camilo Ojo 20
28 D Karol Krosno 32
55 D Marcin Mak 24
21 GK Pablo Horeszko 19
71 GK Agata Alba 19
62 GK Cesar Pérez 21

Lines:
1st Line Forwards:
LW/RW Karola Szałwia
C Czesław Reparator
RW Robert Trumna

2nd Line Forwards:
LW Sebastian Pérez
C Loepold Germański
RW Paweł Woźniak

3rd Line Forwards:
LW/RW Martin Gotówka
C Rezigiusz Paleta
RW Bożydar Żarnowski

4th Line Forwards:
LW/RW Martin Polanek
C Kamila Ojo
RW Jesus Mallén

1st Line Defence:
D Maciej Mak
D Marcin Mak

2nd Line Defence:
D Szaweł Woźniak
D Ignaś Białczański

3rd Line Defence:
D Camilo Ojo
D Karol Krosno

Choose my Scorers: Y
Choose Scoring Events: Y
Godmod Scoring Events: N
RP Injuries to my Players: Y
Godmod Injuries to my Players: N
Assign Penalties to my Players: Y
Eject my Players: Y
Godmod Other Events: N
Last edited by Dod Rava on Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
REPUBLIKA DOD RAVY
Republic of Dod Rava
Population: 18 million ☆ Capital: Rawa

Golyna
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 29, 2022
Ex-Nation

Newsreel: WCoH 47

Postby Golyna » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:48 am

It's back to the training camp days for Golyna's World Cup Hockey Team. After a disappointing start to the series with a 6-2 loss to Gyatso-kai, Golyna's head coach Axel McDrummond is working to get his players back in fighting shape. "This isn't for me, well, maybe a little, it's for my boys, our fans, and our great nation" McDrummond said in the latest press conference. "Despite the fact I don't expect to win, I think we have potential to make it past the group stages." When asked about his team's debut loss, McDrummond said "we just got unlucky. We have never competed on this level before and went up against the third ranked team in the entire world." Despite McDrummond's seeming acceptance of the loss, players don't seem to think he has fully accepted defeat. "He knows he lost," says Oscar Sykes-McDurmout, a defenseman on the team, "but he wants us to pay for the loss. What did he think was gonna happen? they're the third best team in the world!" According to members of the team, after the loss, McDrummond made his players preform windsprints up and down the ice for 90 minutes. The only reason he stopped, says assistant coach Darron Willard is, "the arena custodians told me to 'get the hell out or else,' so I told Axel and he got the hell out of there." At 0400 UTC, Golyna will play their next game against Juvencus.
NS Stats Are Mostly NOT Cannon

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:59 am

"Men against boys."

An old soccer cliché, sure, but those three words summed up the Ice-a-phants' opener against the Arctic Hockey Association. In one corner, you had a seven-time WCoH finalist with trophies coming out of four of those finals. In the other corner, some random nation that may or may not make a re-appearance. A win was pretty much inevitable. Even Coach Alex, when asked, pretty much predicted that his side would emerge the victors and a spot at the top of the group wouldn't be out of the question. The thing was that he had predicted the final score to be 5-1, enough for his side to show they were serious but with enough leeway for the opponents to have some sense of dignity come the final klaxon. Instead it was an absolute bloodbath. 7-0.

He didn't really have much in the way of tactics for this game and, indeed, he just wanted his players to take it nice and easy. Cristian Serrano was placed between the pipes, just so the opposition wouldn't have to deal with aggressive goaltending from Adrian Lambert or Ricardo Bejarano's "standing but solid" stance. A passing game was pretty much the play of the day, as anything direct could run the risk of burying the opposition under an avalanche of goals. Normally that'd be a good thing but here he didn't want that, simply because he didn't want to demoralise the other team this early and also because it would've been no good to put up a massive display only to choke away the next game. He had also considered switching out a few players for some of the scratched ones, namely to make it a bit more balanced, but that probably would've been a bit too much. Either way, he had a good plan, now it was time for his side to enact it.

In all fairness to the Arctic Hockey Association, they managed to keep their stronger opposition at bay for the first twelve and a bit minutes. Elejamie had a number of chances but their goalie managed to block or save all of the shots he faced. Even a potential opening goal was just kicked off the line with a lucky movement of the skate. It seemed like they'd be tougher than expected. And then, with 7:42 left, Stacy Saunders managed to score the opener. He found himself on the breakaway and eventually went one-on-one with the goalie. Thanks to some clever deking he managed to slip the puck into the back of the net to give his side the lead. Even when Diego Pinto, who was the only person to get an assist for the aforementioned goal, was sent to the penalty box for slashing an opposing player it still wasn't enough to break the home team's stride. Indeed, with 3:22 left, Saunders went on to double up with a one-timer through the opposing goalie's five-hole and assistance from line-mates Bill Harrison and Cerin Meloten. The AHA would be down a player with 2:03 left after they hooked Ethan Swinburne, but they would fortunately kill off the penalty. 2-0 up at the end of the first, things were looking good for the reigning bronze medallists.

The second period seemed to be more of the same. The AHA put up a solid effort in front of the net but would eventually buckle. It took a shorter length of time for this to happen, more exactly with 10:09 left on the clock when Lucas Madgwick making it goal #3 with a snap shot from close range (a shot that was assisted by Rafael Espinosa and Adam Keane). Roughly a minute later a fight broke out between Lupe and one of their defenders, a fight that the Davenport defenceman managed to win fairly handily. Just a few quick slugs before the opponent accidentally lost his footing and the refs had to step in and escort the duo to their respective boxes. It didn't help that, around three minutes later, he'd be joined in the penalty box by someone who tried to high-stick Danilo Barajas. Shortly afterwards, with 5:51 left on the clock, Saunders would go on to complete his hat-trick with a well-timed wrist shot that bounced off the crossbar and into the back of the net; Harrison and Keane would be credited with assists. Fortunately, the rest of the period would be a quiet affair with neither goalie being troubled but the 4-0 scoreline pretty much meant that, barring some minor miracle, a win will be out of reach for one team.

Despite the fact that it would've been wise to resort to a backup goalie, the AHA kept their starter out going into the third. Even Alex wasn't sure why but hey, maybe since the puck gets kept out of the net for the first half of the period, the goalie's doing something right even if he lets it in at two different points in the other half. A theory that didn't last very long as, only 45 seconds into the period, Bill Harrison made it goal number five with a quick slapper from the point that just made it over the opposing goalie's stick. After that it was pretty much quiet for the rest of the period. Sure a couple of penalties from each side, the most notable being a Carlos Sierra and one of their guys getting a minor each for roughing. And Rafinho passing the puck over to Danilo Barajas who had a back and forth passing game with his twin brother Felipe before the younger Barajas brother put the puck into the back of the net, all with 8:49 left in the match. But, other than that, nothing interesting happened until the final minute when the AHA goalie was pulled for an extra attacker. With 37.2 seconds left on the clock, Kiko Carpio and Harrison Blackburn skated up the ice when the latter fired a shot at the empty net. It seemed to be going wide so Kiko Carpio skated ahead and passed it over to Blackburn, who netted it off the one-timer. While you could argue that Serrano was pretty much not needed, he was still able to easily save 16 shots (and just about save three more) which helped keep the opposition out in this 7-0 thriller.

Coach Alex was surprised by this. Surely the opposition could've put up more of a fight or his side could've let their guard down just a fraction. But it didn't matter in the end. His side had gotten their opening win and that's all that mattered. In the changing room he congratulated them but also warned them not to get complacent, especially since they had only played one game and if they had scored themselves tired then he would be a bit upset with his squad. Once that was all said and done, he got himself a coffee from a nearby vending machine and headed to the post-match press conference. Most of it was the usual questions, like if he expected this win, how he'd approach the next match and other such stuff. One of those questions was about what he thought of the match in general, which lead to the quote at the start of this RP:

"Apologies if I come across as a bit of an ego, but it was men against boys out there. There were some moments where they looked absolutely lost out there. There were a few gimme shots that Serrano could've saved with his eyes closed. And they had a few mistakes that lead to goals or near goals. But apart from that, it was a solid game. Everyone did their part very well and I couldn't have asked for more. And the Arctic Hockey Association did a valiant job out there despite the massive uphill battle they had to face. They were very unlucky and, hopefully, their next game will go a lot smoother for them. And, with any luck, they will finally get their first goal."

Once that was over and done with, it was time to board the team bus back to the hotel before eventually everyone retired to their rooms or to a supervised night on the town; after all, they had training tomorrow and a match the day after so there was no need to get too faded or do something stupid. Plus there was that garlic schnapps that was popular in this part of the SRS and Alex didn't want them drinking it, not until their tournament was over in one fashion or another. Speaking of Alex, he was busy in his hotel room studying the Lisander vs St. Saratoga game, a match the former won 2-1. This was mostly to let him know what his side would be in for and to plan accordingly. They were a comparatively tougher opponent, if only because they were actually ranked 14th in the world and actually didn't do super badly in the last WCoH (if only because they had a very easy group), but since he couldn't find a list of their players and they were generally a squad that had an aura of "OK but nothing truly special" about them he wasn't that worried. He still didn't want to take any risks, however, and was able to formulise a solid game plan. When he looked back at it, knowing that he shouldn't have any issues with his squad re-enacting it in training tomorrow, he smiled and said to himself:

"Let's see if their ice hockey is as good as their rugby."
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports