NATION

PASSWORD

Quidditch discussion thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:22 am

Mohawk Clans wrote:Any interest in doing a 5th one?

You mean this fifth one?
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Mohawk Clans
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mohawk Clans » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:23 am

Starblaydia wrote:
Mohawk Clans wrote:Any interest in doing a 5th one?

You mean this fifth one?

O looks, I simply was silly and forgot to go looking for one. My apologies :blush:

Cherry Cup Resurrection Runner-Up
WCOH 16 Runner-Up
Participated in:
WCOH 12,14,16,17, Cherry Cup Resurrection
Ranked 45th for WCOH

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:13 am

The Search function on NS is fairly good at finding instances of the word "Quidditch", haha, doesn't come up that often.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:26 am

Regarding the current Quidditch World Cup, I've thought about trying my hand at writing a quidditch scorinator where the scorinator would consist of an unlimited number of attacks, each consisting of two parts. For the first part, it would generate a number and determine if the snitch had been caught. If so, it would determine which team caught the snitch (using a second random number) and award that team 150 points. If the snitch was not caught, it would then give each team an attack (using two additional random numbers) where that team would have a set chance of scoring a goal (worth 10 points) or not scoring a goal. This scorinator would repeat the cycle indefinitely until the snitch was caught. In terms of actually coding it, this isn't that different, conceptually, from Must10inator (which is x rounds, where it first determines if the fight ends in a knockout or submission and who wins if that is the case and then generates a score for the round if it doesn't end).

The hard part, of course, is figuring out what the various probabilities should be (and I have no idea if I'll have the time to actually write this before the tournament starts).
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:17 pm

Free Republics wrote:Regarding the current Quidditch World Cup, I've thought about trying my hand at writing a quidditch scorinator where the scorinator would consist of an unlimited number of attacks, each consisting of two parts. For the first part, it would generate a number and determine if the snitch had been caught. If so, it would determine which team caught the snitch (using a second random number) and award that team 150 points. If the snitch was not caught, it would then give each team an attack (using two additional random numbers) where that team would have a set chance of scoring a goal (worth 10 points) or not scoring a goal. This scorinator would repeat the cycle indefinitely until the snitch was caught. In terms of actually coding it, this isn't that different, conceptually, from Must10inator (which is x rounds, where it first determines if the fight ends in a knockout or submission and who wins if that is the case and then generates a score for the round if it doesn't end).

The hard part, of course, is figuring out what the various probabilities should be (and I have no idea if I'll have the time to actually write this before the tournament starts).

The biggest part of the Quidditch cups historical has been the scorinator as i believe at least 3 times the hosts made their own, i think originally when Star started it he had one that was used 2-3 times and then others also created their own because he often wasn't there. I think the biggest factor is unlike most sports here there is no readily available scorinator, or any other sport that is similar. Theoretically you could take say football scores add a zero and often it would end up with similar scores, but then again often it would not. Say 10-7. The lower limit in this case would have one team scoring 15, and who cares what second scores. But anyways yeah the scorinator is the most difficult part for Quidditch. The stories are there, the teams are there, but how to score. So any ideas in this end are always useful and honestly you don't know until you put it out there whether it works or not.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Free Republics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Taeshan wrote:
Free Republics wrote:Regarding the current Quidditch World Cup, I've thought about trying my hand at writing a quidditch scorinator where the scorinator would consist of an unlimited number of attacks, each consisting of two parts. For the first part, it would generate a number and determine if the snitch had been caught. If so, it would determine which team caught the snitch (using a second random number) and award that team 150 points. If the snitch was not caught, it would then give each team an attack (using two additional random numbers) where that team would have a set chance of scoring a goal (worth 10 points) or not scoring a goal. This scorinator would repeat the cycle indefinitely until the snitch was caught. In terms of actually coding it, this isn't that different, conceptually, from Must10inator (which is x rounds, where it first determines if the fight ends in a knockout or submission and who wins if that is the case and then generates a score for the round if it doesn't end).

The biggest part of the Quidditch cups historical has been the scorinator as i believe at least 3 times the hosts made their own, i think originally when Star started it he had one that was used 2-3 times and then others also created their own because he often wasn't there. I think the biggest factor is unlike most sports here there is no readily available scorinator, or any other sport that is similar. Theoretically you could take say football scores add a zero and often it would end up with similar scores, but then again often it would not. Say 10-7. The lower limit in this case would have one team scoring 15, and who cares what second scores. But anyways yeah the scorinator is the most difficult part for Quidditch. The stories are there, the teams are there, but how to score. So any ideas in this end are always useful and honestly you don't know until you put it out there whether it works or not.

Interestingly, there seems to be an (extremely rare) foul where a team can win at quidditch while scoring less than 150 points. This involves a player on the other team, other than the seeker, capturing the snitch and results in the disqualification of the team that illegally captured the snitch.

I'm actually attempting to write a scorinator working exactly as I described above right now. I've decided to make that particular foul happen twice in every 100,000 matches (i.e. when the scorinator generates a snitch catch and the random number to determine which team caught it is either a 0 or a 99,999). Unlike Must10inator, this one is being written in Java so it should run on every computer that has the current version of Java installed. Like Must10inator, it uses text files for input and output (and has additional support for user-specified constants for probability of the snitch being caught, probability of goals being scored and randomness constants for both goal scoring and snitch catching). Also like Must10inator, it lacks support for any tournament formats and determines matchups by pitting team1 against team2, team3 against team 4 and so on. I'm not going to implement any home field advantage or style mods in the first version. Input files use the Xkoranate/Olympic format and results will be outputted in a format that is mostly compatible with Xkoranate's table generator ("mostly" meaning that the 99,998 out of 100,000 matches that don't end in a DQ will be in xkoranate-compatible format).

Since it seems that there is no official tiebreak rule, I'm going to assume that quidditch uses the old soccer rule of replaying a tied match, in the event that a winner is needed.
Last edited by Free Republics on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Free Republics wrote:
Taeshan wrote:

Interestingly, there seems to be an (extremely rare) foul where a team can win at quidditch while scoring less than 150 points. This involves a player on the other team, other than the seeker, capturing the snitch and results in the disqualification of the team that illegally captured the snitch.

I'm actually attempting to write a scorinator working exactly as I described above right now. I've decided to make that particular foul happen twice in every 100,000 matches (i.e. when the scorinator generates a snitch catch and the random number to determine which team caught it is either a 0 or a 99,999). Unlike Must10inator, this one is being written in Java so it should run on every computer that has the current version of Java installed. Like Must10inator, it uses text files for input and output (and has additional support for user-specified constants for probability of the snitch being caught, probability of goals being scored and randomness constants for both goal scoring and snitch catching). Also like Must10inator, it lacks support for any tournament formats and determines matchups by pitting team1 against team2, team3 against team 4 and so on. I'm not going to implement any home field advantage or style mods in the first version. Input files use the Xkoranate/Olympic format and results will be outputted in a format that is mostly compatible with Xkoranate's table generator ("mostly" meaning that the 99,998 out of 100,000 matches that don't end in a DQ will be in xkoranate-compatible format).

Since it seems that there is no official tiebreak rule, I'm going to assume that quidditch uses the old soccer rule of replaying a tied match, in the event that a winner is needed.

The thing is you might not have to regulate within the scorinator which team caught the snitch and leave it up to the team who first rps. In that as long as both teams have more than 150 points theoretically they could both have caught the snitch, I.e. Ireland's chasers were too much for Bulgaria and created a huge gap, but Viktor Krum was miles better than Ireland's seeker and thus eventually caught the snitch.

In theory if both teams have 150 points than either team could have caught it and one just had a huge lead before likely. I would advise against having any scorinator decide who caught the snitch much like i disliked the scorination of the WBC back in the day that went inning by inning. It takes away from the fun of the RP. Not saying that you would intend to show who caught the snitch, but with the scores, im just saying that if that is the thought process i would advise against having a scorinator which plops out a side that caught the snitch. Rather that gives scores within the range that seems possible for international level games. I believe 0 points to i bet the highest we've seen on NS (lower in the books, but they are after all not professional except for the world cup) is maybe 1000. Theoretically teams could score within that range.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

-Anthor-
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Anthor- » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:44 pm

I'm curious to see how Free Republic's turns out with his hunt; I'm really interested in hosting the Cup, but I'm pulling a dummy moment and having a hard time understanding the old Star spreadsheet scorinator.
Kingdom of Anthor
Capital: Vaumort
Monarch: King Michael III of House Lenova
Prime Minister: Rachael Monday
Info: Anthoran News Network, Anthoran Sports Broadcasting Network
NSS International Ratings:
WCOH 35 Champions | WJHC 15 Champions

Free Republics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:47 pm

MALFFR Quiddinator
Source Code
Some test scorinations (even teams, table produced by xkoranate's generator without no manual editing of results)

MALFFR Quiddinator should work on any computer where Java 8 is installed.

As I've started before, there's no interface in this version. Some features (such as actually doing anything with trigrams) were left out of this version but may be included in future versions (and I may add a user interface at some point in the future), but the core algorithm of the scorinator is there (along with all other essential code) and the constants are 100% user-editable without altering any source code.

My advice to hosts considering using this scorinator is to play around with various constants (which are explained in the readme and which I can explain in more detail if necessary) and state clearly in your bid what values you've decided to use for the constants. As this scorinator was obviously put together in a single evening, I have not have sufficient time to thoroughly test the constant values yet.

Given that we already have 2 potential bidders, I see no need to put forward a bid of my own at this time.

EDIT: These 3:1 ratio test scorinations show that the default constants are almost certainly way too random (NOTE: that scorination does not include any of the matches from the original, even, scorination).

Taeshan wrote:
Free Republics wrote:

The thing is you might not have to regulate within the scorinator which team caught the snitch and leave it up to the team who first rps. In that as long as both teams have more than 150 points theoretically they could both have caught the snitch, I.e. Ireland's chasers were too much for Bulgaria and created a huge gap, but Viktor Krum was miles better than Ireland's seeker and thus eventually caught the snitch.

In theory if both teams have 150 points than either team could have caught it and one just had a huge lead before likely. I would advise against having any scorinator decide who caught the snitch much like i disliked the scorination of the WBC back in the day that went inning by inning. It takes away from the fun of the RP. Not saying that you would intend to show who caught the snitch, but with the scores, im just saying that if that is the thought process i would advise against having a scorinator which plops out a side that caught the snitch. Rather that gives scores within the range that seems possible for international level games. I believe 0 points to i bet the highest we've seen on NS (lower in the books, but they are after all not professional except for the world cup) is maybe 1000. Theoretically teams could score within that range.

Even if I had wanted to have the scorinator specify which team caught the snitch, doing so would have broken compatibility with xkoranate's table generator.
Last edited by Free Republics on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions

Darmen
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:52 pm

-Anthor- wrote:I'm curious to see how Free Republic's turns out with his hunt; I'm really interested in hosting the Cup, but I'm pulling a dummy moment and having a hard time understanding the old Star spreadsheet scorinator.

You might be interested in Equestrian States' bid for the 5th World Cup and the use of the Babbage Football formula in xkoranate for scorination. That particular form of scorination was also used in the 6th World Cup and is one I quite like.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

-Anthor-
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Anthor- » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:55 pm

Darmen wrote:
-Anthor- wrote:I'm curious to see how Free Republic's turns out with his hunt; I'm really interested in hosting the Cup, but I'm pulling a dummy moment and having a hard time understanding the old Star spreadsheet scorinator.

You might be interested in Equestrian States' bid for the 5th World Cup and the use of the Babbage Football formula in xkoranate for scorination. That particular form of scorination was also used in the 6th World Cup and is one I quite like.

Thank you good sir, I'll look into it :)
Kingdom of Anthor
Capital: Vaumort
Monarch: King Michael III of House Lenova
Prime Minister: Rachael Monday
Info: Anthoran News Network, Anthoran Sports Broadcasting Network
NSS International Ratings:
WCOH 35 Champions | WJHC 15 Champions

Spaam
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Spaam » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:20 am

I have put together a scorinator for Quidditch here: https://repl.it/F77O/latest

It can be run on any browser (though some are obviously better than others!)

If you wish to play around with it, feel free to make a copy and change things, especially the teams.

I look forward to comments and suggestions!
Yes, that Spaam
Runner-up WC7, WC13 & CoH24, Third WC6 & CoH20
(Co-)Host CoH3, CoH19, CoH20, CoH22, BoF19, BoF65, IC3
Winner AFLC3, Runner-up QWC7
(Co-)Host UC5, QWC7
Rugby League Scorinator

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:54 am

Well, since this seems to give the all clear, let's bring back this thread as a discussion thread for Quidditch.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Velestria
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Velestria » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:37 pm

This serves as the greatest bump of all time.
CROWN FEDERATION OF VELESTRIA & THE JA'BARILANDS & GRIERWOOD & THE LOTUS KEYES
Sporting World Cup 6 champion
Trigram: VLZ | Demonym: Lotish | Capital: Southampshire | Leader: Statminister Winfrey Godsend | Newswire

Shapoer
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Shapoer » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:09 am

Question: Are woman are allowed to be in rosters or is a man focused sport.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:01 am

Shapoer wrote:Question: Are woman are allowed to be in rosters or is a man focused sport.

Women and men can both compete. And not just that, pretty much everything is allowed, from humans to sentient ponies.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:01 am

Ko-oren wrote:
Shapoer wrote:Question: Are woman are allowed to be in rosters or is a man focused sport.

Women and men can both compete. And not just that, pretty much everything is allowed, from humans to sentient ponies.

and Bears.
^_^
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:59 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Ko-oren wrote:Women and men can both compete. And not just that, pretty much everything is allowed, from humans to sentient ponies.

and Bears.
^_^

Not to mention robots.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:35 am

Winners of the last one were a co-ed youth team.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Free Republics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:47 pm

Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:55 pm

Oof, you mean I need a quidditch team? I was busy designing stuff for NSSCRA...
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:04 am

I’m slightly disappointed with myself about somehow missing the sign-ups for the current tournament: I’d been considering a return to Sports RP, although on a lower-intensity level than either the World Cup or the Olympics would require, and as one of my more recent projects has been writing-up some notes about the Bears’ own “wizarding” school —’Hogwings’ — this could have been a good opportunity for me to do so… and to do so with my main nation rather than just, as in some previous Quidditch cups, with a puppet. Oh, well, maybeso next time…

Anyhows, there’s probably a small group of Bears among the spectators for some of these matches if any of you want to mention that fact: They’d be mostly adult wizards (robes & wands, but not pointy [or, probably, any other] hats) but might have brought some of their children [who are current Hogwings pupils] along as well. Not Ursine direct counterparts to anybody from the books, though, because I want to reserve introducing those until I do enter a team in one of these Cups. Contact me if you want any more details about them to use in your own RP.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:38 am

By the by, if the gender of any players is an element of your roleplaying, beater Elynn Davis is gender non-conforming and uses they/them pronouns.

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:11 am

Sarzonia wrote:By the by, if the gender of any players is an element of your roleplaying, beater Elynn Davis is gender non-conforming and uses they/them pronouns.

Could you throw this tidbit into the roster post itself? That would make it much easier to remember :D
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:03 am

Banija wrote:
Sarzonia wrote:By the by, if the gender of any players is an element of your roleplaying, beater Elynn Davis is gender non-conforming and uses they/them pronouns.

Could you throw this tidbit into the roster post itself? That would make it much easier to remember :D

Done.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports