NATION

PASSWORD

Elephant Chess Cup 4 - OOC Thread (Signups closed)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Insulamia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 07, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Insulamia » Sat May 21, 2022 5:27 am

Hello again. I'm in.
Insulamia
Liberty, unity, peace

Chartania
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 12, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Chartania » Sun May 22, 2022 7:08 am

Are you fine with first timers to NS Sports joining?
Last edited by Chartania on Sun May 22, 2022 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Insulamia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 07, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Insulamia » Sun May 22, 2022 7:09 am

Chartania wrote:Are you fine with first timers to NS Sports joining?

I joined in the last competition, and it was my first time in NS Sports too, so I think you're fine.
Insulamia
Liberty, unity, peace

Chartania
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 12, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Chartania » Sun May 22, 2022 7:11 am

In that case, I'm in as well.

Eud Mirabilis
Lobbyist

Founded: May 23, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Eud Mirabilis » Mon May 23, 2022 9:13 am

I'm in

Bollonich
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Bollonich » Mon May 23, 2022 11:14 pm

Bollonich (Fermont) Elephant Chess Cup 4 Host Bid

The Bollonischian Association of Chess is officially submitting their bid to host the 4th edition of the Elephant Chess Cup.

Bollonich National Information
Bollonich is a coastal nation located towards the north east of Rushmore with Græntfjall to the West and Weatherdon to the south. Bollonich is an advanced nation with two parties dominating the political scene. The most popular cities, Vreton and Fermont, are luxurious locations with great living facilities. Vreton is the capital of the Republic of Bollonich.
Chess considered to be one of the most important sports in the nation hold great importance within Bollonich’s population compounded with a growth in following for the sport following the three peat of South Newlandia hosted Elephant Chess Cups. With South Newlandia relinquishing their right to host the Elephant Chess Cup, the Bollonischian Chess Community has been eager to bring to Bollonich’s shores given the rich history surrounding the game here.

Fermont City and Venue Information
Fermont has been finalised as the location to host the Elephant Chess Cup, due to not only its rich heritage but also the cultural importance chess bears here. Fermont is a tourist hotspot for travellers visiting Bollonich. Luxurious beaches, resorts coupled with delicious street food and monuments of historical significance truly gives Fermont a different allure in Bollonich.
The Milton Hotel located at downtown Fermont has been chosen as the venue for this bid. The hotel is one of the best ranked in Bollonich with any and all facilities an individual could dream for. The matches will be played in the conference hall, all players will be given free lodging and food during the duration of the tournament to be held over a weekend starting on a Friday. Boards shall be implanted with technology to allow the simultaneous live streaming of the matches on the internet and the BAC’s live commentary team shall be reviewing all the games occurring in the tournament.

Format
There will be 9 rounds with 9 total matches for all team on 5 different scorination days, using the Casaran (Swiss) System. Depending upon the number of entrants, we will proceed with quarterfinals or semifinals along with placement games for all teams not making the knockouts.

Scorination
I will be using xkoranate 0.3.3 to scorinate chess team matches with the updated formula created by SNL. To tabulate results and decide matchups I shall be using Ko-oren’s Casaran Scheduler. The Elephant Chess Cup does not make use of any rankings and that shall also be the case if my bid succeeds with new nations having no disadvantage to a team having partaken in the competition for the last three editions. There will be 48 hour gaps between scorination windows.

RP Grading
Roleplays will be graded on a generous scale prioritising quality instead of quantity and will be cumulative for the entire duration of the tournament. Rosters will be able to earn up to one day’s RP Bonus. The grading will be done based on how the rosters faithfully meet the requirements expected from them- ages, favourite openings, playing style - and additional details, which would come handy for other RPers to come helpful.

Tie Breakers (in order)
Game points
Board points
H2H game points
Buchholz points (total game points by all opponents, to reward teams with tougher schedules)
IC coinflip (scorinated game)
OOC coinflip

Hosting Experience
The user behind Bollonich has hosted the following competitions:-
1. Baptism of Fire 76 with Banija
2. International Basketball Championship 33 with Quebec
3. Volleyball World Expo 13 with Hispinas
4. Handball World Cup 23 with Equestria
5. International Baseball Slam 14

Other OOC Information
Any and all questions are welcome and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Meh

The Divine Sonne
Secretary

Founded: May 11, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Divine Sonne » Tue May 24, 2022 10:11 am

The Empire of the Divine Sonne wishes to make a debut in the glorious game of chess, being their debut also in competition between other nations in general
Glory to the Sonnenkaiser!
@Don_Joseph#1673 on Discord

South Newlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby South Newlandia » Wed May 25, 2022 3:03 am

All signups up to this point and the host bid by Bollonich have been added to the OP. Should anyone else be interested in submitting a bid, they have 60 hours to do so.
ECC4 is also still open for new signups.
Last edited by South Newlandia on Wed May 25, 2022 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

South Newlandia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby South Newlandia » Sat May 28, 2022 1:58 am

Host bidding is now closed. There is one bid, by Fermont, Bollonich.

Telegrams are about to be sent out to all eligible voters; that being all signed-up users that have previously actively participated in an Elephant Chess Cup.

There will be 72 hours of voting, closing 10:00 UTC on the 31st of May.

If you believe you have been missed, please TG me.
Last edited by South Newlandia on Tue May 31, 2022 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

South Newlandia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby South Newlandia » Tue May 31, 2022 3:02 am

Voting is now closed.
With 5 votes FOR and zero votes AGAINST, the bid of Fermont, Bollonich is ACCEPTED.

All things considering the administration of ECC4 are now handed over to Bollonich.

Bollonich
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bollonich » Tue May 31, 2022 4:07 am

I would firstly like to thank everyone who voted for me for trusting in my ability to host this tournament and hope to deliver on those expectations. By my counts we have 23 participants so far. I shall be closing signups in 4 hours around 1500 hours UTC. The everything thread will be up sometime tomorrow.
Meh

Bollonischian Maribaya
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Bollonischian Maribaya » Tue May 31, 2022 10:40 pm

Puppet of Bollonich, signing up to get the playing field to an even number

Bollonich
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bollonich » Tue May 31, 2022 10:41 pm

Bollonischian Maribaya wrote:Puppet of Bollonich, signing up to get the playing field to an even number

Confirmed and signups closed
Meh

Bollonich
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bollonich » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:29 pm

Matchday 5 and 6 has been pushed back a day since I shall be travelling, please take note of the updated schedule. I shall also be having my cutoff windows for scorination on the 8th and 10th from 1000-1100 hours UTC. From the 13th my cutoff window shall switch back to 1700-1800 hours UTC. The OP shall be updated to reflect the same.
Last edited by Bollonich on Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meh

Bollonich
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bollonich » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:19 am

Responding to New Eestiball's query, I know I am a little late but I was on vacation. Anyway, out of the four opponents I have faced two have been unrostered while the other two are, so I do not see any out of the ordinary results here apart from me getting lucky on occasions. However if other participants have similar concerns, please do let me know and I shall look for an independent, non participant to scorinate my matches. I did not do this from the very beginning as I do not believe that has been the practice for past editions of the ECC.
Meh

Bollonich
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bollonich » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:56 am

I pushed back the quarterfinals by a day since I shall be unable to scorinate at my usual times tomorrow
Meh

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports