NATION

PASSWORD

[Tennis/NSTT] Clay court season 8 [RP/Results]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:02 pm

ANTILLIA MASTERS

SHOCK IN FIRST ROUND FOR LEO AND GORAN!

BY

IVAN JURLINA

Dear viewers, good afternoon and welcome.
Of course it's time for tennis in your favorite TV show "IT'S TENNIS TIME"!
The third round in the singles competition and the first round in the doubles competition were played. Half the success was achieved by our tennis players, but we must immediately say that the defending champions were shocked in the first round.
In the duel of our two talented tennis players, Bagarić was convincing against Alina.And the end of the road is also for our best tennis player Tena Šprirčić.

Ivan Štimac (SRE)                  6   6
Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU) 4 0

Ivan Štimac showed his true game in the third round of the Antillia Masters. Štimac beat Pemecutan player Ngurah Putra Muliawan 6-4, 6-0. The first set was dominated by our player, but he did not manage to gain a bigger advantage than one break. Ngurah Putra Muliawan tried to get our player out of the rythm with a drop shot and lob, but he didn't succeed.
In the second set, Štimac was far more precise and determined to bring the match to an end. Every attempt of the opponent to return to the match was in vain.
Štimac will faced to Lonus Varalin in next round.

Lucija Bagarić (SRE)               6   6
Alina Koreleva (SRE) 4 2

We all wonder how far Lucija Bagarić can go in this tournament. Lucija is playing better and better tennis. Compared to last season, Lucija has maintained her aggressiveness this season but has become more precise. In the match against Alina Koreleva, Lucija showed all the splendor of her talent. Alina is an extremely good tennis player, she has won a tournament this season, but she did not manage to be on the level where Lucija played.
Another storming match for Lucia in which she served 14 aces in just two sets. This is an amazing fact.

Johmer Vales (CEN)                 2   7   6
Tena Špiričić (SRE) 6 5 3

Johmer Vales managed to cheer all his fans. Tena Špiričić has not shown her best tennis since the beginning of this tournament and this defeat could help our best tennis player to better prepare herself for the upcoming tournaments. Tena started the match very well. With two breaks in the first set, she was dominant. But in the continuation of the match, an inexplicable drop in the game, big misses and unforced errors multiplied, one by one.
Johmer Vales managed to take advantage of our player's bad day and win.

Georg Heraklit/Arne Oxwald (PUG)                6   1  10
Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE) 2 6 5

Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović had a difficult job in the first round. Our best double paircame to Antillia to defending the title here failed to win one very solid combination Georg Heraklit / Arne Oxwald of Gnejs.
The number of errorss made by our tennis players in the first set was incredible. In the second set they managed to establish the rhythm and their game and then the drama in a super tiebreak. Heraklit and Oxwald took a 5-0 lead, Leo and Goran reached to 5-5. Then Goran with two double faults gave a 7-5 advantage to the duo from Gnejs. Heraklit and Oxwald then defended the serve and reached the match point.
Leo served and both times he was ruled out, a new double fault by our players and a tragic end to the match.

Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE)              2   7  10
Lucas Magnier/Adelinde Günther (RCN) 6 6 8

Although they showed a bad game, Tena Špiričić and Alina Koreleva still managed to win with a turnaround.
Lucas Magnier and Adelinde Günther of Recuecn seriously endangered our players. In the first set, the players from Recuecn dominated throughout the first set. Our players have previously played their matches in singles competition and both have been defeated. Probably that two defeat left a mark on them. The girls managed to win in two tie breaks, actually one tiebreak and one super tiebreak.

IVANKOVIĆ AND HIS COACH SPLITS

Ljubomir Ivanković is with us in the studio. Ljubomir is at the turning point of his career and he will talk to us about the situation he is in, but also about our tennis players and this season .
Ljubo, welcome.

LJUBO: thank you.

IVAN: You have withdrawn from the singles competition and you will not be performing for a while. What is it about ?

LJUBO: That's right. Unfortunately, I have to inform the public that I no longer work with my long-time coach Robert Žepić or with the team that used to represent me. Our collaboration came to an end because my results were bad and we came to a point where we no longer had anything to give each other.

IVAN: Who is your new coach?

LJUBO: now I work with Damir Ivezić and Oktan Tennis Academy. Therefore, I will retire to short preparations in order to prepare for the pre-Olympic national tournament, but also for the rest of the season.

IVAN: With Martin Ocvirek of Raspotochje you are still in the doubles competition, will that change?

LJUBO: I talked to Martin and explained the situation I was in. men are very sorry that I had to withdraw from the next tournaments because I just have to go to the academy and do quality preparations. Martin is a great guy and he supported me in my plan. Thank him for that.

IVAN: Today we experienced several tennis shocks. First you announced that you would not play for a while, then Tena Špiričić lost in third round and after her Leo and Goran in first round.
Did these defeats surprise you?

LJUBO: yes, first of all I have to emphasize that Goran and Leo are my friends but I have to admit that they are still not at the level they were in last season. There is no synergy between them and a there is no beautiful lavish game any more. They will have to change something if they want to get to the high level they were at this season.

IVAN: They will lose a lot of points ...

LJUBO: That's for sure. They failed to defend the title at the Masters tournament and it will cost them a lot of points, and they will probably fall in the standings.

IVAN: Tena Špiričić ...

LJUBO: Tena is a amazing player and I believe that everything will look much better from the next tournament. She reached the third round here, which is a better result than last season. But she didn't feel well in the first match either. It was obvious that it was not her game, but if she had won this match, I am sure she would have gone far at this tournament . Tena had a turbulent period behind her . She was the face of the Plava Lagoona Open, then she signed a million-dalats contract with one sponsor. Then she was a guest in the domestic sitcom. She did a lot of things off the tennis courts. The lack of quality training and competitive matches has left its mark.

IVAN: Who do you think has made the most progress this season?

LJUBO: In general, our tennis is progressing very fast. We debuted in NSTT tournaments last season. From then until today, we have won two single titles, two doubles titles, had a grand slam final, one double final and hosted a tennis tournament. I must also mention the silver medal from the Olympic Games. Those are great results. But I am always happy when someone young appears, a new young name that we have placed in NSTT competitions. The play of the young Petra Mačinković simply knocked me off my feet. The girl is amazing and in my opinion she is a great discovery and a great gain for our and world tennis. And when we add Dora Klemenčić, then we have reason for great optimism.

IVAN: Ljubo, thank you for your honest conversation with us. We wish you to return to the tennis courts as soon as possible and a lot of success in the new collaboration.

LJUBO: thank you.

Last edited by Srednjaci on Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Founded: May 11, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:59 pm

The Knee-Injury Recovery Journal of Fredrik Stagnelius

Journal entry nr. 23 - 05.06.22

This is the twenty-third entry in my knee-injury recovery journal. For several days my knee has felt fully recovered, but the physical therapist insists that I keep writing these entries. It is supposed to help with the healing process. I am not sure how it is supposed to help heal my knee. But she says it is all connected. I do not know what that means. But it is important that I heal. I have had reassurances from the GTF that they wish to sign me up for the latter part of the clay season, should I be up for it.

I woke up at 07.15. That is when my alarm goes off. I had breakfast. It was two sandwiches with cheese and a glass of milk. I spent the better part of two hours listening to the PUPR classical station. They have a quiz in the mornings sometimes. They play a lot of different sonatas and cantatas and make you guess the name of the composer, or the piece, or the orchestra playing and so on. One of the letters in each answer is part of a key, and in the end you should have the complete keyword, usually in itself a sonata, cantata, composer, orchestra or piece. If you send the correct keyword to the station, you can win a PUPR cap. Or beanie. It depends on the season, really. I’ve never been able to complete the keyword.

Then began a quite hectic day.

My nephew has a birthday coming up, and I promised my sister they could use my garden for his party. Unfortunately my garden is a bit messy. I had my patio redone last year. It was about time. The old one had been there since the house was built in the 1950’s. I took care of it, but still, it was a lost cause. It splintered something terrible, and all my guests always ended up with nasty splinters in their feet. It was particularly bad for the children. My nephew that is.

I got a local carpenter to do it for me, and he did a great job, and the price we agreed upon beforehand seemed fair. When he was halfway done though, there was a great leap in commodity prices, lumber in particular. He is an honest man, and he told me that there was no way he could complete the task at the pre-agreed price; he would end up losing money. I sympathized, of course, but I am also an honest man, and I told him that I could not afford to pay him much more than the price we had agreed upon. In the end we came to an understanding where he did the job for the original price, but he didn’t get rid of all the planks from the old patio. This was originally meant to be a part of his services. It felt fair.

I was uncertain as to how I should dispose of the waste. It was a surprisingly massive amount of planks. I thought about ordering a container from the local renovation company. You can do that. They drop if off and it sits there for three or four days, you dump all your stuff and they collect it. It is convenient, but expensive. I am not overly fond of spending money unnecessarily, so I contemplated alternatives. The obvious one was of course that I could get a hanger and drive to the recycling station. The problem was that the planks were really quite long, and would not fit any ordinary hanger I could get my hands on. They would have to be cut in at least half their size. The problem here, of course, is that I do not own a saw. At least not an electrical one. I tried using my old traditional one, but the futility of that enterprise quickly became apparent. I could’ve gotten the electrical kind; they sell them in town. I suppose it could come in handy at other times, but honestly I didn’t see myself needing an electrical saw to the extent that buying one felt prudent. I though about pros and cons for about a month, but then the international circuit started up and I had to postpone making a decision.

Winter time was convenient, because everything, including those big piles of planks, was covered in snow. Then there was spring, and the trouble came thawing back. I couldn’t very well do much about it when my knee was acting up. But now the knee feels alright, and my nephews birthday is two days from now.

So today after lunch - I had an omelette- I decided to buy that electrical saw, cut them all in half and drive them to the recycling station. It took a long time cutting them in half. Unfortunately, there were no hangers available from the place that rents them. Not for another week. But the party’s in two days, and we can’t have cut up planks everywhere. I tried calling the renovation company, but it’s a long weekend. And having that container in my yard for the party wouldn’t be ideal either. In the end I carried all the planks to the back of the house. It took a long time, because now the planks were all cut up in pretty tiny pieces. The garden looks decent now, but I am exhausted.

I heated a chicken korma from the store for dinner and now I’m sitting in the sofa writing. The games from Antillia will be on soon. My knee has started hurting again. Maybe that’s what they mean when they say it’s all connected.
Last edited by Gnejs on Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:53 pm

Singles — Round 4
Ardil Navsal (CEN)               1   7   6
Indigo Crawford (UAD) 6 5 3

Dorotea Granit (PUG) 6 7
Lucy Muneer (SHT) 3 5

Davi Malakkar (ACS) 6 3 6
Valentina Spetsova (TJU) 4 6 4

Janet Riley (ETM) 4 4
Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU) 6 6

Lonus Varalin (CEN) 4 6 6
Ivan Štimac (SRE) 6 4 3

Lucija Bagarić (SRE) 7 7
Vladimir Mikhailov (WSN) 5 6

Augusta Björnstjärna (PUG) 6 7
Mirella Xanthou (BRO) 2 5

Aline Luiza Romão (CDO) 4 6 6
Johmer Vales (CEN) 6 3 4

Doubles — Round 2
Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (ETM/CEN)         3   2
Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati (PCU) 6 6

Radovan Marinković/Ljuba Hristov (KHA) 3 6 10
Camille Fournier/Inès Fournier (RCN) 6 0 12

Elia Xal/Fia Xal (CEN) 6 6
Emily Romanescu/Amarsin Gandas (ADB) 4 2

Georg Heraklit/Arne Oxwald (PUG) 6 6
George Fakhrul/Izzat Manson (SHT) 4 1

Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) 6 5 10
Jan Turovets/Vitaly Rakov (WSN) 4 7 4

Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (ETM) 6 6
Liam Penderyn/Jac Iegis (CEN) 4 0

Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) 6 6
Damir Pernar/Bojan Nož (DOT) 2 4

Marcus Hathwar/Jack Ho (ETM) 4 3
Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE) 6 6
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A proud member of the Astyria region
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:31 am

ANTILLIA MASTERS

SHOCK IN FIRST ROUND FOR LEO AND GORAN!

BY

IVAN JURLINA

The Antillia Masters have reached their half of the competition. Which of our players placed in the quarterfinals? Stay with us and you will find out this information. Yesterday we had a special guest in the show and that was Ljubomir Ivanković who honestly answered our questions. Certainly the most bombastic news is that Ljubo has terminated his cooperation with his current coach, but also that he will not have NSTT matches until the beginning of the season on the grass courts tournaments.
But we will definitely see him at the national Olympic qualifiers. Ivanković will be specially prepared for that tournament.
From other tennis news, we single out the fact that Luka Trošić and Madyson Ryding will make their debut at the NSTT tournaments.
And we can now go back to the matches at the Antillia Masters.

Lucija Bagarić (SRE)             7   7
Vladimir Mikhailov (WSN) 5 6

Lucija Bagarić continues with her excellent play at the Antillia Masters. Lucija transferred her good form from the beginning of the season on hard courts in to clay court season. In the fourth round, Lucija defeated Vladimir Mikhailov of Waisnor 2-0 in sets. Lucija had a very good player as her opponent, 12 ranked player of the world and 12 seed of tournament. The match was of exceptional quality and the game of both players was at the highest level. Both were dominant in their serve games. We saw one break in the whole match and it was made by our tennis player in the first set. With a score of 6-5 for Bagarić, Vladimir served but Bagarić managed to make a break and win the first set. In the second set, the situation is almost identical to the first set. Great moves on both sides and a solid game on the serve characterized the second set. The set went to a tie break and our tennis player was more focused and won the set and thus won the match.
Entering the quarterfinals is the best result in his career for Lucija Bagarić in the Tier 1 tournaments. In the quarterfinals, Bagarić will have to play against Lonus Varalin, who knocked out our Štimac.

Lonus Varalin (CEN)              4   6   6
Ivan Štimac (SRE) 6 4 3

Ivan Štimac and Lonus Varalin played a beautiful match again. Two players playing very beautiful and attractive tennis left the audience breathless several times during the match. And after the match, the audience applauded to both players with huge ovations. However, Ivan Štimac was defeated again. Although Ivan won the first set, he failed to win any set more in the rest of the match. Lonus managed to turn the match in his favor. The second player in the world continued in the same rhythm while our player still showed the weakness that cost him the victory in the end. With this defeat, Štimac will lost a lot of points, which will cost him positions in the NSTT ranking.

Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE)          6   6
Marcus Hathwar/Jack Ho (ETM) 4 3

Tena Špiričić and Alina Koreleva overcame the crisis after being eliminated in the singles competition. In the second round of the doubles match, our girls played a top-level match and defeated the seventh seeding double players of the tournament, Marcus Hathwar and Jack Ho of Electrum. This is a great result for our double and since Leo and Goran lost in the first round, they will lose a lot of points and there is a possibility that from next week Tena and Alina will be our best ranked double in the NSTT ranking.
In quarterfinals, Tena and Alina will play to fouth seeding double of TJUN-ia, Shinji Makauchi and Felipe de la Rosa. Very tough task for semie final.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pemecutan » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:49 am

Soma Pon Wuku Dungulan, Pawukon 1783

See You in Quarterfinal

Antillia - Thrilled, surprised and overjoyed are all the feelings that Pemecutanian tennis fans felt at the moment. In the end of the fourth day of Antillia Masters, 2 Pemecutanian delegations still able to stay at the competition after both of them scored a win from their opponents. Dewa Putu Adrian Putra in single and Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati in double.

At the Round 4 of Single competition, Adrian Putra meet Electrumite player, Janet Riley. The match was quite tight with both player try to lead right from the start. The first set show a balance position and playing style between the two players where all of the games were ended after 40-40 setting. Fortunately, Adrian Putra was able to get the upperhand in the 9th game and keep his lead until the 10th game where he able to win it to clench the first set.

In the second set, Riley lead fast at first but Adrian Putra was able to catch up. At the 3-3 position, the situation get tricky. Riley start to lose her confidence after Adrian Putra can equalize their position. And the situation give advantage to Adrian Putra. He take the next two games to lead 5-3. Riley regain her focus in the 9th game and able to steal it from Adrian Putra to prolonged the match a little. But Adrian seems to want to end it soon. He made a deadly moves that difficult Riley. She gave up and give the quarterfinal spot to Adrian Putra.

In another match, Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati met the first seed of the competition, Sarah Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos, a mixed national pair. Zhuo/Rentos lead first by 2-0. A win that they hard to get. But Antari/Andreawati get their moment at the third game. The Pemecutanian pair keep their pace and able to out played Zhuo/Rentos. The mix pair was able to comes out from the pressure and steal 1 game at the 7th game. But their luck were shortlived as Antari/Andreawati were back to their pace and win the next 2 games. 6-3 for Antari/Andreawati.

Starting the second round, Antari/Andreawati lead fast by 4-0. It seems that they were not slowing down. But Rentos great lob at the 5th game was success to stopped Antari/Andreawati dominance. The Pemecutanian pair were distracted with Zhuo/Rentos comeback. They lost another game after Andreawati widen shot gave victory to Zhuo/Rentos. After a brief break, Antari/Andreawati back to their condition. They were able to tackled the mix pair shots and win the next 2 games to claimed the set. 6-2 for Pemecutanian pair.

In the quarterfinal, Dewa Putu Adrian Putra will be facing Davi Malakkar from Acastanha. Malakkar shocked the crowd after he successfully defeats Valentina Spetsova, TJUN-ia great player in a tight 3-sets match. While Antari/Andreawati will meet the Fournier of Recuecn. Camille/Ines Fournier is regard as the best Recuecn double pair. The pair is known locally as the winner of the inaugural edition of Ubung Open. Although they haven't been in their prime performance again since then. Both interesting matches will be broadcasted live by GOR channel.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:10 pm

Singles — Quarterfinals
Ardil Navsal (CEN)               1   4
Dorotea Granit (PUG) 6 6

Davi Malakkar (ACS) 4 4
Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU) 6 6

Lonus Varalin (CEN) 5 5
Lucija Bagarić (SRE) 7 7

Augusta Björnstjärna (PUG) 4 6 7
Aline Luiza Romão (CDO) 6 4 5

Doubles — Quarterfinals
Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati (PCU)        2   6  10
Camille Fournier/Inès Fournier (RCN) 6 4 2

Elia Xal/Fia Xal (CEN) 6 1 9
Georg Heraklit/Arne Oxwald (PUG) 1 6 11

Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) 5 6 10
Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (ETM) 7 2 8

Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) 4 2
Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE) 6 6
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:08 am

ANTILLIA MASTERS

LUCIJA SHOCKED LONUS FOR THE SPOT IN SEMIE FINAL!

BY

IVAN JURLINA

Is this season of Lucija Bagarić?! The first part of the new tennis season Lucija is playing fantastically. Last season we saw that Lucija has talent, she has raw strength and power but she lacked stability in the play but also tennis tactics.
Today Lucija plays completely with everything.She kept the powerful shots, the service that develops the opponents, moves much better on the court and tactically keeps the ball in the game by building points.
Lonus Varalin was simply taken aback by the level of play that Lucija showed in match. The second player in the world and the second seed of the tournament, failed to win a single set in this match. Lucija blows 38 winners but also made 29 unforced errors. She was dominant on the serve and did not allow her opponent to take away her serve.
With 14 ace of service and a high percentage of first serve, Lucija dictated the pace and built self-confidence.
Lonus tried to tactically outplay our player. Number two in NSTT rankigs trying with rhythm changes to throw our player off balance and shake her self-confidence but her hitts were too strong and too powerful to be easily controlled.

Lucija Bagarić (SRE)             7   7
Lonus Varalin (CEN) 5 5

Lucija will play in the semifinals against August Björnstjärna of Gnejs. Björnstjärna showed great play during this tournament and beat home player Aline Luiza Romão in the quarterfinals.
Let's add the news that Dorotea Granit of Gnejs completely outplayed the first player in the world, Ardil Navsal.

Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE)          6   6
Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) 4 2

Tena Špiričić and Alina Koreleva took care of the great news from the double draw. After losing both in single competition they have all now invested in doubles competition. That has paid off so far. The girls advanced to the semifinals of the masters tournament, beating a great combination from TJUN-ia, Shinji Makauchi and Felipe de la Rosa. What we noticed about Tena and Alina is the embedding and coverage of the court. In that area of play they have had problems before. Today we see that they are more mature and that they played together as a double , as a combination. It is amazing that with their speed and intelligence they managed to leave the seventh double in the world without a set won and on only 6 games won. With a play like this, Tena and Alina can reach the title in Antillia. If they maintain this level of the play then the door to the trophy are open.
Several great double pairs are in the draw and believe it or not, none of the seeding players made it to the semifinals. Georg Heraklit and Arne Oxwald, the players who knocked out our title defenders Leo and Goran are serious candidate for the title but rest of gang also play in high quality level. It will be especially difficult for Tena and Alina in semies because they are playing against the home player Luciano Crepaldi in combination with Val Corecal of Ceni.

SEMIE FINAL MATCHES
Lucija Bagarić (SRE)
Augusta Björnstjärna (PUG)

Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR)
Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE)

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:49 am

Dorotea Granit's diary, 07.06.22

Dear diary. Just woke up. I’ve got tiny clay particles all over my body, my clothes, in my hair. Everywhere. Even though I spent four hours in the shower last night and forced the Alameda staff to wash my stuff repeatedly, it’s still there. It’s unbearable.

Dear diary. Back from breakfast. Had eggs. I wish I could give you my judgment in terms of taste, but alas, I can not. Why? Because they tasted like clay. Like everything else during this godforsaken part of the NSTT season.

Dear diary. Top five reasons why I hate clay tennis.

1. It’s dirty
2. It’s mucky
3. It’s filthy
4. It’s nasty
5. It’s Heraklit’s favourite

Dear diary. Did you know that it’s not even actual natural clay? It’s like crushed brick or something packed together really tightly, sprinkled with some less squashed slab on top. Yeah, that’s right, they have us playing on trampled cinder blocks. Inhaling that stuff can’t be good for you, and I can’t believe there aren’t any health and safety rules or something preventing this travesty to keep on unfolding every year. I might file a complaint with the NSTT directly.

Dear diary. I can hear them now, the detractors. “But Dorotea,” they’ll moan like stupid nansypansies. “What about grass? You can get equally dirty from playing on grass, and the stains are even worse.” To that, I reply: fuck you, it’s not the same. Firstly, it’s a different kind of stain. It’s a natural surface. You know why they call it grass? Because it’s fucking grass. It’s not like they pulverized an assortment of green fruit, packed it real tight and called it “grass”. It’s actually grass. Secondly, only losers fall over and stain themselves. So if you’re doing that you need to get a fucking grip and start winning.

Dear diary. Speaking of Heraklit, how about that breakdown of his? I’ve never seen someone bomb like that. Wandering around all teary-eyed and looking like a dog someone abandoned. I’ve always said he was weak. Maybe the rest of the world will finally wake up and smell the pathetic stench of that charlatan.

Dear diary. I’m playing the semi tonight. It’s almost like my innate hatred of clay is opening up an untapped source of power. I’m like a freight train out there. It’s a complicated feeling. I see Björnstjärna also pulled through. Good for her. Amongst the other weaklings playing for the Union, she’s probably the least weak one.

Dear diary. Oxwald just came by. I was surprised he was still around after that embarrassing second round. It seems like he and Heraklit are playing doubles. Doubles? I didn’t think we still did that. Feels very last century. Anyways, he’s got a scheme going to lift Heraklit’s spirits and wants me and Björnstjärna to join them tonight to watch Heraklit cook. Yeah, right.

Dear diary. Irregular bowel movements. Not comforting. Stool has distinct color of «faux clay». Figures.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Postby Pemecutan » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:04 am

Anggara Wage Wuku Dungulan, Pawukon 1783

Enter the Semifinal

Antillia - Pemecutanian players keep giving surprise to their fans. At the continuation of Antillia Masters the 2 Pemecutanian delegations that still left are success to advance to semifinal. This will be the country's second semifinal placement in this season after Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi at Cenian Open in the start of the season.

In single competition, Dewa Putu Adrian Putra was facing a surprise player from Acastanha, Davi Malakkar. Malakkar was not favor to be this far. But yet he succeed to defeats his opponents to reached quarterfinal. The quarterfinal match was not an easy one. Malakkar really give his best effort to defeat Adrian Putra. Fortunately, Adrian Putra able to clench the first set although with a hard fight. In the second set, Adrian Putra lead fast by 3-0 which makes Malakkar a little depressed. He was trying to made a comeback in the fourth game. When it seems like he will lose the game, Adrian made an error. His shot which was aimed to the empty field at the back of Malakkar was fall to far behind, it landed outside the line. Malakkar regain his confidence and take one by one points. Adrian begun to overwhelmed by the young player sudden change. But Malakkar performance was still unbalance. Adrian still able to steal one or two game in between Malakkar's victory. In the end, Adrian Putra still on a better position than Malakkar and win the match by a twin points of 6-4.

In Double competition, Olympic medalist, Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati have a hard time when facing Recuecn best pair, Camille and Ines Fournier. Camille/Ines get the upperhand in the first set. They took advantage of the disorganized Antari/Andreawati. It was a rather easy start for the Fournier. 6-2 for them. Starting the second set, Antari/Andreawati make up from their mistake in the first set. But Camille/Ines didn't back down. The match become so interesting as both pair were chasing point by point with almost all of the game in the second set were ended by deuce setting. Luckily for Antari/Andreawati, they eventually able to equalize their position. 6-2, 4-6 after the end of the second set. The third set saw the rise of Pemecutan pair. Antari/Andreawati didn't give a chance for the Fournier sisters to expand their playing style. The result was clear. Antari/Andreawati lead the set until the end and win the match.

In the Semifinal, both Pemecutanian delegations will be playing against Gnejsian players. In single, Dewa Putu Adrian Putra will be playing against Dorotea Granit. Granit advance to semifinal after defeating Ardil Navsal in a dramatic result, 6-1, 6-4. While in double, Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati will meet Georg Heraklit/Arne Oxwald. The Gnejsian pair surprisingly win against legendary pair, Elia and Fia Xal of Ceni in a tight 3-sets match 1-6, 6-1 and 11-9. The semifinal is a match between 3 nations between Gnejs, Srednjaci and Pemecutan.
Pemecutan Realm

Homepage | Wikipage

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:53 pm

Singles — Semifinals
Dorotea Granit (PUG)             5   1
Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU) 7 6

Lucija Bagarić (SRE) 7 6
Augusta Björnstjärna (PUG) 6 3

Doubles — Semifinals
Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati (PCU)       4   5
Georg Heraklit/Arne Oxwald (PUG) 6 7

Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) 6 6 7
Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE) 4 7 10

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:25 am

Reassembling Georg Heraklit

Five of the King’s guardsmen and a decadent nobleman walked into the Coração de Maria bar just off the Avenida dos Aviz. They had all been convinced to show up by a ragged young man with a family of Goldfinches nestling snuggly in his tangled and dreaded beard and hair. The job was simple, requiring only to sit, drink moscatel and play audience when some northern jogador de tênis tried to cook with chicken.

They were greeted by a beautiful old woman with curly black hair - the eponymous Maria - apparently an old friend to the ragged young man’s father, who led them towards the back of the bar where a makeshift kitchenette had been set up. The young man with the hair sausages was busy fiddling with camera equipment, while two young women wearing headbands sat in silence at one of three tables with murder in their cold eyes.

Maria gestured to the men to sit down and started pouring generous servings of mahogany colored wine, filling the room with aromas of jasmine and orange blossom. The nobleman sniffed his glass and nodded approvingly, as the guardsmen unbuckled their rapiers to join him. Maria briefly disappeared into one of the back rooms and soon returned with a lanky looking man with long and strong arms.

The man had swollen red eyes and carried a big mug of blueberry smoothie that smelled strongly of Ginjinha. The walking bird nest quickly came up by his side and guided him to the improvised kitchen, showing him the utensils and foodstuffs at his disposal and pointed towards the camera and audience. The man started crying and shook his head, mumbling something unintelligible.

His friend patted him on his back soothingly, Maria poured him a glass of moscatel, the nobleman and the five guards shouted their approvals and one of the women with a headband screamed “Just fucking do it already, Heraklit!”

He looked at his audience, and for the first time during clay season he smiled. He nodded to his friend behind the camera, who pressed record and turned on the tape deck. Music filled the room, and as it slowly started fading into the distance, he looked into the camera and said

“Hey there dudes and dudettes, I’m beloved international tennis star extraordinaire, Georg Heraklit. You know what I like to do to get back on my feet after an embarrassing first match exit? I cook awesome meals. That’s right. Today I’m gonna cook you a savory, smoky and crispy-skinned Peri Peri Chicken”

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:51 am

ANTILLIA MASTERS

FINALS IN BOTH DRAWS!

BY

IVAN JURLINA

great news comes to us from the Antillia Masters which is played in the beautiful Costa de Ouro. For all those who have not watched live matches on our television, our tennis has finalists in both competitions, singles and doubles.
last season we had winners in doubles competition and in singles Ivan Štimac played in the semifinals.
hopefully this season we will also have a winner in at least one draw.

Lucija Bagarić (SRE)             7   6
Augusta Björnstjärna (PUG) 6 3

Incredible Lucija Bagaric advanced to her first NSTT final. Lucija played another top-level match. Our tennis player defeated Augusta Björnstjärna of Gnejs 2-0 in sets in the semifinals.
Lucija dominated again with devastating shots from the baseline. In the first set she had 7 chances to break her opponent but she didn't use any of them and the set went to a tie break. She didn't have any major problems in the tie break, she won that tie break with 7-2. In the second set Bagarić managed to make a break twice while on the other hand Augusta Björnstjärna did not have a single chance to break.
Lucija also dominated on her strongest shot, service. Our tennis player served 9 ace of service and the fastest service was 208 km / h. Such blows were difficult for Augusta to control.
The fact that Lucija Bagarić reached the final without losing a set sounds incredible, and the fact that she never lost her serve during this tournament sounds even more incredible.
In the semifinals she will play against Dewa Putu Adrian Putra of Pemecutan.
Although Dorotea Granit was the favorite in the match against Pemecutian, Dewa Putu Adrian Putra played a amazingly good match and won convincingly.
This final pushed our tennis player towards the top 30 at the NSTT rankings and in that ranking she will skip Ivan Štimac and be our second best tennis player. Only Tena Špiričić in 9th position will be in front of her.

Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE)         4   7  10
Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) 6 6 7

Tena Šprirčić and Alina Koreleva won in the heart attack match. It’s amazing what our girls managed to do and they turned a big result gap into a win!
In the semifinal match against the combination of Val Corecal and Luciano Crepaldi, our players lost 1-0 in sets and losing 0-4 in the second set. It seemed that Val Corecal and Luciano Crepaldi would stop our tennis players. But then our girls got two tough and long points thanks to their fighting spirit. That was the key to destabilizing opponents in a playful and psychological way. With 0-4 they came to 4-4 and took the set to a tie break. Unrest and nervousness crept in between Val Corecal and Luciano Crepaldi. While the guys were visibly falling and making more and more mistakes, our players raised their game and won the tie break. They tied the score at 1-1. The match went to the third set, in a super tie break. We saw everything in that super tie break, but in the end our players managed to win the set and thus the match.
This is the second final for our tennis players in their careers. But this is the biggest final they have played. Last season they lost in the finals of the Tier2 tournament but now they are playing the finals of the masters tournament. Whichever final is over, Tena and Alina will be our best double in the NSTT rankings from next week.
Another interesting thing, if our tennis players win the tournament, they will be the first and only ones from our country to have won titles in singles and double competition. Amazing!
It will not be easy for them at all because in the final they will play against the double that was eliminated by Leo and Goran in the first round, Georg Heraklit and Arne Oxwald of Gnejs.

FINALS

Singles
Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU)
Lucija Bagarić (SRE)

Doubles
Georg Heraklit/Arne Oxwald (PUG)
Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE)
Last edited by Srednjaci on Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Postby Pemecutan » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:55 am

Buda Kliwon Wuku Dungulan, Pawukon 1783

The Final We've Been Waiting For

Antillia - Antillia's semifinal match was a dramatic scene. All Pemecutanian tennis fans were sweating out as their favorite players betting their chances to the final. Final is something that is longing for Pemecutanian players and fans. It has been a long time since the last Pemecutanian players reached final in NSTT. As an old country player, Pemecutan best record was during season 6 where the country won 4 titles which is also a title swept. Kinterten Open and Istria Open where both single and double competition were won by Pemecutanian players. But the great feet was never reached again by the country.

Season 7 was a gloomy season. The coming of new players, tighter matches and domestic difficulties made them harder to scored their best results. The end of the season can be clearly see. Pemecutan top 2 single players were drop out of top 20. And none of them were qualified to end of the year event. Although they were invited to the Diamond Trophy.

Starting season 8, the players seems to rebound from their bad result in the previous season. Started with semifinal and quarterfinal placement in Cenian Open. Quarterfinal at Steinigestrasse and another quarterfinal at Plava Laguna. But they were also have their downturn such as in Vika Open and Gergary International. Until Antillia Masters.

Starting the competition with little hope, Pemecutanian players advancing little by little. Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani have to qualified first before being defeated early in the event. 3 of their singles were also defeated early in the competition. It left only 2 delegations, 1 in single and 1 in double. Dewa Putu Adrian Putra and Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati. Both are the best in their position. Adrian Putra had won a title once. Antari/Andreawati also had won a title and added with an Olympics medal. But both players are not favor to reached higher.

In semifinal, Antari/Andreawati lose from Gnejsian pair, Georg Heraklit/Arne Oxwald. After their win against Sarah Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos, the pair have become a phenomenon domestically. The fans believe that this is their time to rise again. But it seems, they have to waited longer. Heraklit/Oxwald really show their best performance. They defeats Pemecutanian pair in an intense match. Although the match was only lasted for 2 sets but the fans who's watching it give an appreciation to both pairs for their great match. And Antari/Andreawati lost with dignity as they are still playing to their bone even though they were left behind.

On the other hand, Dewa Putu Adrian Putra also have a hard match when he was facing Dorotea Granit, a great Gnejsian single player. Granit have placed himself as one of the top player in NSTT with his best result was a Grand Slam title. That is a far reached for Adrian Putra. But the Pemecutanian player still play in high confidence. This was shown more in the second set. After winning 7-5 in the first set, Adrian Putra lead fast in the second set. He confused Granit who unable to expand her playing style. It feels like Granit was dictate by Adrian Putra throughout the second set. And even though she try to breakout from the pressure, she's not succeed. Adrian Putra came out as the winner of the match.

In the final, Adrian Putra will face another phenomenal player. Lucija Bagarić of Srednjaci is not count on at the start of the competition. But she is begin to noticed after her win against Lonus Varalin. This fact makes the final as an interesting match. And surely, Pemecutanian fans will stay tune to watch the match either live at Antillia or from their home or via online streaming. With one of the nation's beloved player in play, the event become more noticed domestically. In the end, everyone have to wait until tomorrow when the final is held.
Pemecutan Realm

Homepage | Wikipage

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:59 pm

Singles — Final
Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU)     6   6   6
Lucija Bagarić (SRE) 7 4 4

Doubles — Final
Georg Heraklit/Arne Oxwald (PUG)       7   6
Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE) 5 2

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:28 am

Electrum International - Singles qualification

Vin Cents (ILD)          6   4   2
Aloia Barreira (AQL) 2 6 6

Hamilton International - Singles qualification

Alen Glesnik (1) (DOT)             5   7   6
Saan Kahn (ILD) 7 6 1

Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (2) (PCU) 6 4 6
Perla Banyo (ILD) 4 6 4

Paula Suárez (3) (AQL) 6 6
Robin Merssen (GCZ) 2 2

Iris Bergadhga (4) (ACS) 5 6 6
Pedri Garnach (GCZ) 7 1 4

Johmer Vales (5) (CEN) 6 6
Xavier Moretti (GCZ) 2 4

Sandra Mae (6) (DOT) 4 6 4
Jasper Mel (ILD) 6 4 6

Matéu Virxiliu (7) (AQL) 3 6 6
Lara Navarro (AQL) 6 4 4

Hamilton International - doubles qualification

Queenie Matadora/Xander Spailla (ILD)     6   6
Kevin Vrack/Louis Joulet (GCZ) 1 2
Last edited by Electrum on Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:27 pm

The Knee-Injury Recovery Journal of Fredrik Stagnelius

Journal entry nr. 33 - 15.06.22 23

This is the thirty-third entry in my knee-injury recovery journal. My physical therapist keep insisting that I write these entries, as it is still supposed to help with a healing process where everything is connected with everything else. Apparently, mental health is just as important in recovering from a physical injury as overcoming the physical injury itself. I do not claim to understand how the interaction between head and knee is integral to this process, but I of course follow the doctor’s orders.

I am in Hamilton, Electrum. The GTF were pleased with my progress and the state of my knee, and I am now one of four Union singles entries in the Tier 1 event. I arrived yesterday, and I took Arne’s spot, even though he is now ranked higher than me. On the one hand, I am glad to be playing, but on the other hand, I feel bad for Arne. He is still here though, because he is playing doubles with Georg. He assured me he harbored no I’ll feelings towards me, and said he was starting to focus more on his doubles game anyways. I hope that is indeed true.

I woke up at 07.25. This is uncharacteristically late, seeing as my alarm goes off at 07.15. But I guess I needed the extra sleep. It is very hot down here. I remember struggling with the heat last year, but I had some very potent sunscreen with a nice cooling effect that helped my greatly. I regrettably forgot to pack the sunscreen this year. More on this later.

I had breakfast down in the hotel restaurant. It was two sandwiches with cheese and a glass of milk. I spent the better part of an hour trying to figure out how my new internet radio works. I have grown very fond of listening to the PUPR classical station and their morning quizzes. I finally found out how to connect the radio to the hotel Wi-Fi, and subsequently I also managed to find the PUPR classical station. I knew my lengthy toil meant I would have to jump into the quiz late, but I have always maintained that the philosophy of «better late than never» is fundamentally sound. Unfortunately, when I finally connected to the classical station the quiz was already over. I had not factored in the one hour time difference. Sad. I tried browsing some Electrumite stations, but they all seemed to play some sort of surf music.

Then began a quite hectic day.

I was determined to get new sunscreen, because I had forgotten to pack the one I used last year, cf. above. Everything depends on having sunscreen, or else I won’t be able to train or play properly. They don’t sell sunscreen at the hotel. I found that strange, but the lady who works at the front desk disagreed. I guess she knows better what is strange or not in this context, it being hers, but from my point of view it came across as downright irresponsible. The biggest problem was of course that I needed to go outside to get sunscreen, when it was sunscreen I needed to be able to go outside. It was quite the dilemma. I asked Dorotea if I could use some of her sunscreen, but she said she couldn’t spare it. I found that penurious, seeing I was indeed very liberal in sharing my own sunscreen last year. But she said she only brought a small tube, and that she primarily needed to take care of herself instead of carrying others. There’s a certain cold logic to that. I was the one who forgot to bring sunscreen, after all.

I briefly contemplated going out without sunscreen, but after an hour or two I eventually reconsidered. While the lady at the front desk was unable to fulfill my sunscreen needs, she was more than willing to supply me with an umbrella. Apparently, the hotel had a bunch of merchandise umbrellas lying around. A former director had ordered them after his fortune teller had foreseen Hamilton being swept and drenched by violent monsoons drenched due to climate change. Instead everything had just gotten increasingly hotter and drier. She was more than happy to let me keep one of the umbrellas, and I left the hotel looking for a place to acquire sunscreen under its soothing shade. I walked a couple of blocks towards a conglomeration of buildings that seemed like a place where you might find establishments dealing in various products, sunscreen amongst them. When I reached my destination it turned out only tacos and lawnmowers were on offer. It was around lunchtime, so I decided to get one. A taco, that is. It was spicy.

When I went back outside I was met by a big group of young people who cornered me and started flattering and asking me questions, like “that’s a nice umbrella,” or “you have a beautiful smile,” and “Prosaic Union, man that’s cold right?” One of them tied a bracelet around my arm and said it was meant to symbolize the eternal bond of love between my self and my wife. I tried to explain I am not married, but at this point they began demanding money for the bracelet that I had purchased. I had not picked up on agreeing to such a transaction, but as they rightly pointed out, I did have the bracelet around my wrist, whereas they had no money. So I got out my newly acquired Synergy card and asked them how this was supposed to work, and a young man explained that I give him the card and he withdraws the money owed through a device he kept in his pocket. This is where things started getting strange, because after he put my Synergy card in his pocket they all just ran away, and one of them even grabbed my umbrella.

At this point I decided to walk back to the hotel, seeing as I no longer had any means to acquire sunscreen after the young man forgot to return my cards. Since they had taken such a liking to my umbrella, I was unsecured against the rays of the sun, making me disoriented and it took a long time to figure out how to get back to the hotel.

Once back in my room I took a nap. When I woke up I ordered some room service and sat down to write this entry in my journal. My knee took a turn for the worse after I carried all those planks from one side of the house to the other a few weeks ago, but it feels all but recovered now. On the other hand I am now experiencing a throbbing headache, dizziness and nausea. Maybe that’s what they mean when they talk about mental health being important in recovering from a physical injury.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Postby Pemecutan » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:57 pm

Wraspati Pon Wuku Kuningan, Pawukon 1783

Welcome to Electrum

Hamilton - This week, NSTT tour come to one of the greatest tennis country, Electrum. There is a double events which will be held in this lovely. One of the view double events week in the NSTT calendar. Following the surprise and success of Dewa Putu Adrian Putra by winning Antillia Masters, Pemecutan tennis fans are looking what can their favorite players can do this time. In this event however, some of Pemecutanian best players are not entering. Adrian Putra and the pair, Antari/Andreawati are absent from the Tier 1 event, Hamilton International.

We're giving opportunity to all players to be able to compete at least in one event per court season. This to prevent the player to be left out which will affected their rank. Although in specialized court (e.g clay and grass court), player with a this court specialization will be prioritized to optimize their performance in their favorite court.

PTA spokesperson

The statement can be seen with the fact that Ngurah Putra Muliawan who is better in clay court, are entering all major tournaments in the clay court season. Although this plan is understandable, but some critics found it irrelevant.

We do understand that some players are mastering in a specific court type. And they tend to have a better playing condition than in other court type. But this alone can't justify how well they would be in a tournament. Their stamina, focus, the host weather conditions and many other factors can affected how good their performance is.

Sport critics

In the end, the fans wanting to see how well their favorite players will be. And after Adrian Putra win, this hope increase greatly. Adrian's win is like a catalyst. It's been a long time since Pemecutanian player ever win in a tournament especially in NSTT circle. As a country that have send their players to the tour in several years, a win is like one of their goal.

In the main competition of Hamilton International, Ayu Ratih Kemalasari is success to passed the qualifying round after defeating Perla Banyo, a newcomer player from new nation, Ildonya. She win in a rubber set, 6-4, 4-6, 6-4. In the main competition, she will meet wild card player from, again, Ildonya, Minna Dawn. While Indah Susanti have a hard match up as she will be facing Johmer Vales of Ceni who is surprisingly entered the competition as a qualifier. Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi will face Acastanhada sensational player, Davi Malakkar. Malakkar have a good run during Antillia Masters. While Ngurah Putra Muliawan who is seeded, got a bye to the second round.

Double competition of Hamilton International see 2 pairs of Pemecutanian players. Both are unseeded. Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi, Olympic medalist, will be playing against Adaikes pair, Indigo Crawford/Dale Carman. While Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani will meet another Ildonya player, Maria Santa-Luis/Wayne Sitt. This might be a time for revenge too Listya/Maherani after their early exit at Antillia Masters.

In the Tier 2 Electrum International, Komang Agus Artawan and Maria Sophia Lubis will become the main attention. Both are seeded, Artawan (6th) and Lubis (7th) which makes them get a bye to the second round. The other single players of Pemecutan are Kirigundi Padurjili and Duwanisarga Yajamaja who are also entered in the double competition. In single competition, Padurjili will meet host player, Selina Favreau. While Yajamaja is facing Dotivijan player, Bojan Nož.

In Double, Pemecutan is only sent 1 pure double with the other 2 are pairing with other country's player. Ilham Nugraha who is paired with host player, Leanne Stewart is given a bye as they are seeded pair. The pure double, Duwanisarga Yajamaja/Kirigundi Padurjili will be playing against Garbiñe Flor/Charles Puig from Aqual. The country who make a comeback this season. And lastly, another mixed pair, Chandra Wiguna/Bruno Ayragadh will be facing Jim Snakeoil/Miguel Llawnpoylnygeron from Cocoabo Islands.
Pemecutan Realm

Homepage | Wikipage

Acastanha
Envoy

Founded: Jun 19, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Acastanha » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:31 pm

Eyes On Malakkar-Gaditas

This clay court season seems to be quite a phenomenon for Acastanhada players. From the surprise final placement in Plava Laguna to another quarterfinal end in Antillia Masters. This continuous achievement makes the fans and the association wonders what can Acastanhada players do.

The upcoming events held in Electrum will be another test for Acastanhada players with both Tier 1 and Tier 2 events are held simultaneously. Malakkar and Gaditas are surely on the spotlight after their achievement. However, the fans are more sceptic with Malakkar as the player is known for his unstable performance. On his prime performance, Malakkar could outperformed his fellow teammates and surprise everyone as the last one standing. Just like what happened at Antillia Masters. Iris Bergadhga who was more favorite was lose earlier while Malakkar become the last player who was outed from the tournament by the eventual winner in quarterfinal. The question would be, can he perform that well in Hamilton International?

Leonora Gaditas is another new superstar in Acastanha tennis world with her surprising final at Plava Laguna Open. Although losing to Dijana Jukić in a tight straight set final, but her achievement is like a fresh air to Acastanha tennis. Many will look for her next achievement.

In the Hamilton and Electrum International, some surprising and highlighted drawing happened. First is Iris Bergadhga qualifying journey. It is a shocking reality that Iris have to work her way through qualifying round before entering the main event. Luckily, she win her match against Pedri Garnach and have to face Fredrik Stagnelius of Gnejs. Malakkar however have to defeat Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi if he wants to advance further. In Hamilton double, the most interesting match would be Miguel Taberon/Pedro Arrachar who have to face a seeded pair in the first round. The 5th seed, George Heraklit/Arne Oxwald from Gnejs is their opponent.

In Electrum International, Leonora Gaditas is lucky to get a bye as she is the 3rd seed in the tournament. The interesting drawing is the meeting of André Bapako and Bruno Radmar in the first round. And all of these interesting matches will be broadcasted live by ArraSport.
Acastanha Federation

Trigram : ACS | Demonym Acastanhada
Capital : Amarelda
IC Population : 11,471,480 (latest census)

Puppet of Pemecutan

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:18 am

Electrum International - Singles - First Round

Section 1
Wen Si Ye (DOT) 7 6
Isis Dimpal (ACS) 6 4

Lacey John (UAD) 6 6 4
Carles Puig (AQL) 3 7 6

Jason Argo (ILD) 3 5
Timaeus Andersson (PUG) 6 7

Vilim Gulić (DOT) 6 4 6
Liam Penderyn (CEN) 0 6 4

Section 2
Selina Favreau (ETM) 1 2
Kirigundi Padurjili (PCU) 6 6

Sal Ama (ILD) 1 4
Andy Amada (CEN) 6 6

Duwanisarga Yajamaja (PCU) 6 7
Bojan Nož (DOT) 2 5

Aaren Seabrooke (UAD) 2 3
Shinji Makauchi (TJU) 6 6

Section 3
Mary Manza (ILD) 6 4 6
Aloia Barreira (Q) (AQL) 0 6 3

Sigrid Vasakärven (PUG) 5 4
Hakim Kalah-Mustafa (TJU) 7 6

Cornelis Zapfe (PUG) 7 6
Pierre Moure (GCZ) 6 1

André Bapako (ACS) 5 6
Bruno Radmar (ACS) 7 7

Section 4
Sibylla Naess (PUG) 6 6
Garbiñe Flor (AQL) 1 0

Dora Klemenčić (SRE) 4 6 6
Damir Pernar (DOT) 6 3 1

Luka Šatorić (SRE) 3 3
Silas Ballegas (GCZ) 6 6

Esterina Picarelli (RCN) 6 5 1
Teagan Cantrell (UAD) 3 7 6

Hamilton International - Singles - First Round

Section 1
Amarsin Gandas (ADB) 6 3 3
Maddison Scott (ETM) 2 6 6

Philippe Baloui (TJU) 0 2
Augusta Björnstjärna (PUG) 6 6

Johmer Vales (Q) (CEN) 4 1
Indah Susanti (PCU) 6 6

Jean van de Kloor (TJU) 6 7
Matéu Virxiliu (Q) (AQL) 2 6

Section 2
Indigo Crawford (UAD) 6 7
Alen Glesnik (Q) (DOT) 2 5

Fredrik Stagnelius (PUG) 6 6
Iris Bergadhga (Q) (ACS) 4 1

Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (Q) (PCU) 5 5
Minna Dawn (WC) (ILD) 7 7

Kim Chester (UAD) 4 6 6
Jan Auxerre (WC) (GCZ) 6 2 2

Section 3
Dioro Hansil (CEN) 6 6
Dale Carman (UAD) 1 4

Jasper Mel (Q) (ILD) 4 6 6
Bartolo Sabanero (AQL) 6 2 2

Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 6 6
Davi Malakkar (ACS) 4 4

Lucas Parvash (ACS) 4 7 2
Abelie Fontana (RCN) 6 5 6

Section 4
Vivian Walsh (UAD) 4 6 6
Eva Sarvan (ACS) 6 4 4

Ilonka Plevnik (DOT) 1 7 6
Lucien Le Floch (RCN) 6 6 1

Alina Koreleva (SRE) 6 6 2
Jack Ho (ETM) 7 2 6

Gaëlle Sellier (RCN) 6 6
Paula Suárez (Q) (AQL) 4 2
Last edited by Electrum on Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:42 am

Dear Mother,

I am writing to tell you that I have arrived in Electrum and Hamilton. As is customary, I am residing in the lavish Crown Hotel along with the other Union players. The facilities are most satisfactory, although the outside temperatures do leave something to be desired.

I know you have shared my concerns about dear Georg and his mental state after the ordeal, and I am pleased to inform you that my intervention in Antillia has borne fruit, and that he is yet again back to his old self. It was really quite dreadful, seeing someone you care about being so very eastbound and down. However, picking up the cauldron and cooking again has really done wonders for him, both personally and professionally. I remain steadfast in my belief that had I not acted, we would have never come away victorious in that final game. We are champions now, which I must admit feels odd. It is not a novel experience for Georg, of course, but it is indeed the single greatest achievement of my career. We are seeded at fifth here in Hamilton now, and I feel like a greater share of the doubles community are taking notice, and view us as a serious contender.

Oh yes, I almost forgot. Did I mention that I was also able to record Georg’s entire cooking session? You can definitely tell it’s not done by a professional, but I am still pleased with the results. Some editing remains, especially Dorotea’s heckling, but also some unfortunate footage of the decadent nobleman throwing up in a plastic container. Father’s old friend Maria was a very gracious host and I could not have done it without her. Please keep this a secret, but we have already received declarations of interest from several networks who see potential in developing the concept «Cooking with Georg Heraklit». It has really put the spring back in Georg’s step, but I must admit I do worry what will become of his (and in extension, my own) tennis career, should he be tangled up in the world of television.

Please give my best regards to father. I know he has been going through a rather rough period at work. It did not look very good, pitting a little old lady against that Baggie black belt, did it? No indeed. Are there any news on her condition? I hear rumors that the government are working to implement several measures in order to satisfy a variety of Baggie demands, as a consequence of their triumph down in Prescott. I have my suspicions on what they might be. Awareness campaigns? I see that the government is "taking a beating" in the polls, as they say. But I am sure this is just temporary.

How are you holding up in light of the Dandelions producing somewhat subpar results down in Mertagne? I do know how terribly disappointed you get when your team doesn’t excel. But I studied the results, and I think you might find some joy in a rather striking symmetry. After MD1 they had 1 played, 0 wins, 0 draws, 1 loss, 0 goals scored, 1 goal conceded, -1 in goal difference and 0 points. That makes 100101-10. After the second game that became 200202-20, and after the third game they stand at 300303-30. Is that not a remarkable pattern? Imagine if they close their campaign at 600606-60. That would be very close to a perfect run, symmetrically speaking, of course. Indeed a most embarrassing campaign overall, but not without a certain beauty.

In other news, the baby Goldfinches have hatched. It is a hectic period for the parents, with feeding and the like, and I try not to disturb them too much. Please do tune in when me and Georg play Taberon and Arrachar tomorrow. I believe it will be an exciting game.

Love,

Arne

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:03 am

Centralis Herald - Sports Section

Day 2 wrap: Ho and Scott repay the favour but they face different roads ahead

Maddison Scott and Jack Ho repaid the faith put into them by the ELTA, that is, taking the spot of Carmichael Brown, by winning their matches in tight three-set tussles in the first round of the Hamilton International. Meanwhile in the Electrum International side of the draw, Selina Favreau played below expectations in her two-set loss to Pemecutan's Padurjili.

For Favreau, her growth this season has been inconsistent. While she notched up some wins at the Vika Open, the rest of her season so far has been loss after loss. But still, there are some positives. Her first serve percentage has gone up by approximately ten points from 48% to 58% and she's starting to get a look in more of the longer rallies. Padurjili played a perfunctory match and did the bare minimum to breeze past the Electrumite and go into the second round.

While Padurjili sighed a breath of relief when hearing Favreau's name, the same could not be said for Maddison Scott whose draw was landmine after landmine. First she had the ever wily Amarsin Gandas. Then, if she could even think to the next round, she would face the top seed, Georg Heraklit (as a clay court specialist, his seeding was bumped up a few spots). Gandas sought to end the points early -- a difficult task to be sure on the clay, but Scott mixed up her own style to go for the longer rallies and capitalise on some mistakes that Gandas would inevitably make. It was rather reminiscent of Andrew Simmons, who starts his own Hamilton campaign tomorrow. Scott noticeably increased the topspin on her racquet and sliced through the ball cleanly especially in the second and third sets that she won. In the end, she wore down Gandas just enough in the final set to clinch the victory. A massive confidence booster but the real test is only to come.

For Jack Ho, the assignment is only slightly easier in Joe Katsi. Once the perennial TJUN-ian showman, Katsi has hit a purple patch recently with that runner-up finish in Ceni and of course his first ever semifinal in Beconailles. A formidable player to be sure, but on Ho's side is the element of unpredictability. Katsi, when he's switched on, is near unbeatable. But as Bucklin's Rivera Bassett showed us last year in Hamilton, Katsi can become quite vulnerable. If Ho can get under his skin and force Katsi to play some of his not-so-preferred shots, Ho can cause quite the upset. To get to the match against Katsi Ho had to defeat Alina Koreleva. The first set was a close run thing with several breaks of serve with neither player quite managing to consolidate. It was thanks to a last breath mini-break that Ho took the first set in a breaker. The next two sets were topsy-turvy on the part of both players. Ho, in the middle of the second, apparently decided to check out of the match. He played with less intensity and Koreleva punished him for it. But just as quickly as Ho went into his funk, Koreleva entered that funk in the third, a set that Ho won easily 6 games to 2.

Tomorrow, alongside Ho and Scott, Andrew Simmons and Janet Riley will start their campaigns against unseeded opponents. Over the Electrum International side, Carmichael Brown and Marcus Hathwar will start their competitions with first round byes. Also the doubles competition begins as well.

Adab
Negotiator

Founded: May 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:14 am

THE ADAB TIMES
The Most Trusted Voice in the Nation, Est. 1878

SPORTS | TENNIS
Saturday, June 16, 2035

Rederer Confident and “in Touch with Nature”

By Elymur Amwan

HAMILTON, ELECTRUM – Foger Rederer told the crowd watching his practice session at the Hamilton International today that he is confident of his form and that he hopes to get “good results” in this tournament.

After a one-hour practice session, Rederer took the time to address the throngs of fans and well-wishers who came to watch him train, assuring them that “you will see nothing but good tennis” from him and that he would make sure to give the crowd “match after match to remember”.

“People think my game is more suited to fast courts, and they’re not completely wrong, but remember that I won the gold medal at the Olympics in this country on clay,” Rederer said. “So I think I’m not completely hopeless on this surface.”

Rederer’s last outing at the Antilia Masters in Costa de Ouro ended in a third-round exit, but the Adabian stressed to the crowd that the result was “nothing much to worry about”.

“I’m still young,” the 18-year-old star said. “I’m still learning, and there’s still a long way for me to go. I’ve been lucky enough to get good results in the tournaments I’ve participated in, got into a final [at the Mercedinian Open] and some semifinals, and I hope to build on that.”

Rederer betrayed none of the loudmouthed, bombastic manner which had made him so popular and at the same time loathed by more than a few tennis fans, appearing calm and relaxed and showering praise on several other players who are also in the tournament.

“Obviously, shoutout to Amarsin [Gandas] and Emily [Romanescu],” Rederer said. “Two great talents who are the future of Adabian tennis. They’ve got a bright future, so watch out for them. And of course you have Andrew [Simmons], Jack Ho, Georg [Heraklit], and Ardil [Navsal]. What can I say about them that hasn’t been said? It will be an exciting tournament, that’s for sure.

“As for me, I’m happy as a clam. I feel good and in touch with nature. I’m just going to do what I’ve been doing my whole career, which is trying my best, and the results will come.”

Rederer then thanked the Electrumite hosts for their hospitality. “You are some of the best people I’ve ever known and throughout my stay here both now and last year during the Olympics I have encountered nothing but goodness and kindness from you all, and for that I am grateful.”

Rederer is seeded straight into the second round, where his opponent will be Abelie Fontana, who beat Lucas Parvash 4-6, 7-5, 2-6 in the first round.
Last edited by Adab on Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Male, 23, Indonesian

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my puppet/secondary nation IRL).

Factbook

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:46 am

Terranean Broadcasting Company

Hamilton International: Navsal and Varalin complain about "opaque" seeding procedure that left them in same quarter

By Zion Berik
TBC Sport in Hamilton, Electrum

June 16, 2022
Organizers at the Hamilton International have adopted a new seeding system to prioritize clay performances -- but it has not sat right with top two Cenian players Ardil Navsal and Lonus Varalin.

Despite being ranked number one in the world, Navsal will only be seeded fourth at the tournament, behind Georg Heraklit of Gnejs, Arthur Leloup of Recuecn and Andrew Simmons of Electrum (ranked 5th, 12th, and 15th, respectively). Varalin is ranked fourth -- so in a normal seeding system, Varalin and Navsal would not be able to meet until the semifinals.

But Varalin is seeded sixth, and they landed in the same quarter of the draw.

"I'm a little bit boggled as to how they came up with this system," said Navsal. "I did better than Georg Heraklit last year in all the clay events, and of course Heraklit lost in the first round of Antillia this year. So clearly they're not taking recent performance into account at all."

To be fair, Simmons has established himself as the resident clay court specialist on tour with the most consistent performances on the surface across NSTT 7. While Leloup did win Beconailles last year, he has not had any success after that, with several second- and third-round losses and sparse participation in other events across the Tour.

Varalin took the opportunity to blast Leloup and the system in general. "I think everybody knows that I'm a better player than Arthur, and it's absolute bulls**t that he's seeded ahead of me," said Varalin. "He had a fluke win last year, and I doubt he'll defend those points. To get benefits for that? It doesn't make any sense for me."

Navsal, of course, played his cards closer to his chest but still criticized the system. "I would really like to know how exactly they came up with this opaque system," he said, "since they seemingly came up with a formula out of a hat."

According to a source close to the NSTT governing body who wished to remain anonymous to avoid potential retribution, Electrumite organizers have been spearheading efforts to reward so-called clay court specialists on clay court events and grass court specialists in grass court events. But the Antillia Masters resisted the change.

"I think that the Antillia tournament wanted to keep things more traditional," said the source. "I'm not sure that they objected to giving seeding bonuses based on clay court results, but they wanted to wait and see how things worked out at other tournaments first."

"And I think the complaints here have shown the merits of that position," the source added.

Faced with the prospect of facing compatriot and world no. 1 Navsal in the quarterfinals instead of the semifinals as a result, world no. 4 Varalin scoffed in his characteristic matter. "I hate this system, yes," said the enigmatic Cenian nicknamed "sourpuss," "but I'll beat Ardil on any surface."

He smiled. "Clay included."
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Postby Pemecutan » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:20 pm

Sukra Wage Wuku Kuningan, Pawukon 1783

New Names on Tennis Olympic Squad

Pemecutan Puri - The two events that is currently held in Electrum have become somewhat a hit in Pemecutan. Some says that it can be seen as a preparation for Pemecutan professional tennis player in light of the Summer Olympics that will be held next month also in the same country with Beçonailles is their last test. And although much of Pemecutan pro players are listed as the country's squad in the Olympics but there are a few new and known names in it.

PTA spokesperson stated that the addition of amateur players not just to fill the gap that was left by the pro players but also to give them more experience in international stage if some other time in the future they will turn pro. It is already known that some Pemecutan pro tennis players are declined to enter the Olympic. Ngurah Putra Muliawan, Maria Sophia Lubis and Oka Sulastra are the names. Sulastra is on his path to retired at the end of NSTT clay court season make a clear statement about his Olympics absent. While Muliawan stated that he wants to reduce his performance. Lubis, she is also rumour to be retired maybe at the end of the season although she haven't made a clear statement about her Olympic absent.

Several new names in the country's squad are in men single and men double. Surya Kusuma Atmaja and Putu Adi Palguna in the men's single are the 1st and 3rd best amateur male tennis player in Pemecutan. Palguna however was asked in the last minute after Sorabasu Bankaya, the 2nd best male amateur player, decline the offer. In men's double there is Haryo Kusumo/Irwan Ananda, the best amateur double player in the country. Together, they have collected 4 PTA Tour titles with Ananda win one other title with different partner. This results have made them quite famous domestically.

In women's Single however, there is one name that is quite known. Ayu Diah Padmi. She had played in NSTT before during season 6 under the banner of Mengwi. At the time, the State of Mengwi sent some of their players to international stage without the consent of PTA as the sole tennis association in the country. Their participations was revoke in season 7 and all of their players joined the amateur tour. During her time in NSTT, Diah Padmi was not that good. She was the lowest ranked Mengwian player at the time (Rangga Septiandi Putra was the best). She was entering in 2 events, Istria Open and Hamilton International, both with early lost. However, she seems to transform herself in amateur tour. She won 3 titles including the PTA Tour Final.

With all the excitement following the Olympics season, this NSTT clay court season is one important season to look for. Added with Adrian Putra's previous win, the fans wants to know is the players can achieve the same feet again. And of course, the ultimate waiting is the grand slam, Beçonailles, as Pemecutan players are known to have a lesser luck in grand slam.
Pemecutan Realm

Homepage | Wikipage

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:35 pm

ELECTRUM INTERNATIONAL/HAMILTON INTERNATIONAL

END OF ROAD FOR KORELEVA IN FIRST ROUND!

BY

IVAN JURLINA

Dear viewers, welcome to the show "IT'S TENNIS TIME!"
Our best tennis players are in Electrum. Two tournaments from two different series are played there, Electrum International (tier 2) and Hamilton International (tier 1). Our tennis will have new names at these tournaments that will appear on the international tennis scene. Luka Šatorić is a new face and a new name. Luka used the opportunity because he won enough points in the domestic championship to qualify for the international scene. Ivanković will not be at NSTT competitions for some time, so young Luka managed to get in his place. However, that did not help him because he lost his debut match against Silas Ballegas.
Dora Klemenčić opened this tournament very well. The young teenage upcoming star defeated Damir Pernar from Dotivia in the first round.
But at Hamilton International, Alina Koreleva was defeated in the first round. Our tennis player was defeated by the local representative Jack Ho.

Dora Klemenčić (SRE)                4   6   6
Damir Pernar (DOT) 6 3 1

Silas Ballegas (GCZ)                6   6
Luka Šatorić (SRE) 3 3

HAMILTON INTERNATIONAL

Other best representatives are performing today. Tena Špiričić, Lucija Bagarić and Ivan Štimac are coming out on courts. Apart from them, we are expecting doubles matches soon. Lucija did a great job at the Antillia Masters. With the final played, she is now our second best tennis player in the NSTT ranking. Štimac is placed here as the ninthseed of the tournament and Tena as the 11th seed.

Jack Ho (ETM)                       7   2   6
Alina Koreleva (SRE) 6 6 2

TENA ŠPIRIČIĆ - 21 years, 179 cm, 69 kg, born in Katanija. Our best ranked tennis player, is currently in 10th position and she have 1325 points.
Tena is first tennis player from Srednjaci with single title. Tena is champion of Three Degrees Open.
In doubles Tena is on 53th position in the NSTT . Partnering with Alina Koreleva played one final.
At Electrum Slam she was the most successful.An excellent tactician on the field, a very intelligent player with great technique. She compensates for her's lack of strong punches with fast legs, great technique and quick reactions.
She reads the game very well and closes the possibilities of getting easy points to the opponent. Does'nt make a lot of unforced errores during the match, all around player, with incredible defensive skills, return to the field every ball she catches. She has great overhead smash, terrific volley, great forehand and backhand.
Serves accurately and precisely, rarely makes mistakes on service. The balls have rotations and bounce faster in contact with the ground.
There is no speed like Lucija Bagarić but her first serves are hard to read and return. Tena also uses a two-handed hidden backhand that is also hard to read. She often annoys his opponents with his game because She returns each ball and thus forces the opponent to take an one more shot, which is often an unforced error for an annoyed opponent.
She is a former domestic champion, and a former junior Srednjaci champion.

Tena Špiričić played her first match outside DR Srednjaci in the qualifications of the Steiningestrasse tournament and beat Benedicto Napoletani (YVK) with 6: 4,4: 6,6: 2. In the first round of the tournament she beat Zunaira Hardy (BUC) with 4: 6,7: 6,6: 0! In the second round, she was defeated by Rodrick Uppatin (31) (KHD) with 6: 3.6: 2.

TENA ŠPIRIČIĆ has retained the No. 1 tennis position when it comes to our representatives at the NSTT. Tena has improved by 11 positions compared to the last ranking and is now the 10th player in the NSTT ranking.

When it comes to Electrum Slam, in season 7 Tena reached the third round and stopped her there the winner of the tournament, Valentina Spetsova in one very difficult and even match. In first round this season, Tena will play to Kaustuv Kublev of Sannyamathland.

This season Tena played third round of The 4th Steinigestrasse Open. In third round she lose to Ardil Navsal. But at Electrum Slam, Tena played amazing tennis and she reach the finals. But in final she lose to Georg Heraklit of Gnejs in one of the best finals ever with 6:2, 4:6, 5:7, 6:1, 10:12 ! At Antillia Masters, Tena reach third round.

CAREER OVERVIEW

SEASON 8 RECORD 
W 9
L 3
SINGLE TITLES 0
SNIGLE FINALS 1

SINGLES WIN/LOSS RATIO CAREER
W 24
L 10

SINGLE TITLES 1
SNIGLE FINALS 1

DOUBLES WIN/LOSS RATIO
W 19
L 10
DOUBLES TITLES 0
DOUBLES FINALS 2

BEST NSTT SINGLE RANK 9
CURRENT RANK 9

IVAN ŠTIMAC - 22 years old, all around player but most successful on clay courts.
Štimac is currently the 24th player in NSTT rankings . Our second best ranked player.
183 cm, 82 kg, muscular build, left-handed play, one-handed backhand. A very awkward player who can beat anyone but doesn’t have a constant so he can easily lose as well. He is very fast and agile, he moves great on the field, he has a good volley and more than a great forehand with which he has an advantage in the game.
Ivan is quite good on the service, he doesn't make mistakes, but he is not a service player either.
Born in Katanija he plays for the Comet Tennis Club.
He won 3 domestic tournaments last year. This domestic season Štimac lose in the final of Melarit Open to Ljubomir Ivanković but won the title in Taru Open beating Lucija Bagarić in finals.
Ivan Štimac played qualifiers at the Steiningestrasse tournament , season 7, and was better than John Ivanisevic (BGG) in the first match with 7: 6,6: 7,6: 4. In the first round, Goran McEnroe (BGG) won with 7: 5, 6: 3.
In the second round, he lost smoothly to Martha McNeil (27) (GRU) with 6: 1, 6: 0.

IVAN ŠTIMAC start ed season with win and deafeat but then at Electrum Slam he made it to fourth round. But in Antillia Masters he lose in fouth round to Lonus Varalin.

SEASON 8 RECORD 
W 8
L 3
SINGLE TITLES 0
SNIGLE FINALS 0

BEST NSTT RANKING : 24
CURRENT RANKING : 34

ALINA KORELEVA- is 19 years old, a young tennis player born in the town of Raduč. The best junior of the region and the city of Raduč. She won two junior tournaments of the highest rank in DR Srednjaci and finished as number two in junior chmapionship last season, two points behind of Igor Matković.
A talented tennis player who mostly uses the service volley game. She has a good first serve, a high percentage of interceptions, but also a great game after the service.
In domestic championship, this season Alina achieved two singles QF and one final and semifinal in doubles.
Alina is curently at 41st position NSTT rankings, her best rankings ever. Season 7 she ending at 131st NSTT position.
Alina have one double international final in her carrer partnerig with Tena Špiričić.
Alina by winning the title of The 1st Gergary Invitational, she broke into third place in the national rankings at the NSTT. Young Alina is our third racket. Alina is on the rise of her career, she is playing better and better tennis.

CAREER OVERVIEW
SINGLES WIN/LOSS RATIO RECORD
W : 13
L : 7

SINGLE TITLES 1
SNIGLE FINALS 0

DOUBLES WIN/LOSS RATIO
W : 17
L : 7
DOUBLES TITLES 0
DOUBLES FINALS 2

BEST NSTT RANKING : 41
CURRENT RANKING : 42

LUCIJA BAGARIĆ - 20 years old, 183 cm tall, 72 kg, born in Bistua Nuova and also plays for Smash Tennis Club.
Lucijais curently ranked on 68th position on NSTT ranks.
With her tennis club, she won the DR Srednjaci championship last year. Muscular constitutions of the body, she plays with her right hand, one-handed backhand is also her best shot in the game. She likes all substrates but mostly grassy and hard courts.
Great foot work and pure power from the baseline give her the ability to quickly transit the game to the net.
She plays very well on the net, she also plays doubles so her volley is great, she is very successful, it is hard to lob her.
Her service is phenomenal. Serve quickly, powerfully and very accurately. Lucija has the best ratio of ases vs double foults in Srednjaci. She served 504 aces in 72 matches played, which is 7 per match.
She served the most aces in match against Irina Prydruchna in the first round of the Dormatisi Open. In two sets, she served 26 aces and only 1 double fault.
Strong service allows her to play "serve-volley".
Her fastest forehand was 168 kmh (104 mph) and her one-handed backhand was 161 kmh (100 mph). Her service is 82% of interceptions and after the first service she gets 86% of points! The average speed of the first service is 179 kmh (111mph) and the fastest speed service is 211 kmh (131 mph).
In the individual women's competition, she won gold at the championship in DR Srednjaci with a victory in the final against the then champion Tena Špiričić with 6: 7, 6: 2, 6: 4.
In mixed doubles, she was first in a pair with Leonid Farkaš.
Lucija Bagarić played qualifiers at the Electrum Slam and she won the qulifying match. In MD, Lucija lose to Lonus Varalin in second round when she step on the ball and hurt herself in that match. Since than , Lucija just couldn't find her tennsi any more. She will always remember that match and that injury.
Lucija played fourth round at the Electrum Slam this season. Better player in fourth round was Jack Ho of Electrum. Great result for Lucija Bagarić at Antillia Masters. Lucija played the finals but unfortunately failed to reach the title.

SINGLES WIN/LOSS RATIO RECORD SEASON 8
W : 11
L : 4

SINGLE TITLES 0
SNIGLE FINALS 1

BEST NSTT RANKING : 27
CURRENT RANKING : 27

Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović The most successful tennis double pair in DR Srednjaci, an incredible series of 12 international tournament matches in a row undefeated. A great couple who understand each other very well and there is a special energy between the two of them on the field. They stopped on 15 matches udefeated then loose in quarter finals on Hamilton International.

LEONID FARKAŠ 24 years old, the oldest of 5 children. brother Hrvoje also plays tennis but he is 13 years old. Sister Danijela Farkaš is an athlete, high jump. Ivana Farkaš, second sister is a swimmer and his youngest brother Leon Farkaš trains football.
He is 187 cm tall, 87 kg, plays with his right hand, two-handed backhand. Excellent service that can go at speeds over 220 km / h.
Born in Katania, he plays for the Comet Tennis Club.
GORAN IBRAHIMOVIĆ - 23 years old, 180 cm tall, 78 kg. Very fast player with great reflexes. He reads the game great and has a very good overview of the game.
Ibrahimovic is a good player in singles but prefers doubles.
He was born in the small town of Liska near Katanija. As a boy, he trained alpine skiing, but still decided to play tennis because, as he says, he himself does not like snow and winter.

WINNERS OF ASTELLO INTERNATIONAL

Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović they achieved the greatest success in the history of international tennis in Srednjaci. They are the first tennis players to be crowned winners of an international tennis tournament from Srednjaci. In the final, Astello International they defeated Putu Listya Dewi and Putu Ayu Maherani of Pamecutan and secure the first title.
Leonid Farkas/Goran Ibrahimovic (SRE)             6   6
Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani (15) (PCU) 2 3

WINNERS OF ANTILLIA MASTERS

Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ivanišević wonn Antillia Masters ! This is second title in their carer and the biggest one.
Our best double players beat Goran McEnroe from Baggieland and Arne Oxwald from Gnejs.
Their win-loss ratio is 13: 2 and in the last two tournaments they have made an incredible series of 12: 0!

Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE)     6   6
Arne Oxwald/Goran McEnroe (PUG/BGG) 2 3

HAMILTON INTERNATIONAL

Farkaš and Ibrahimović loose match in quarter finals
Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (2) (ETM/CEN)        5   7   7
Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (11) (SRE) 7 6 5

Farkaš and Ibrahimović also won a silver medal at the Summer Olympics in Electrum.

CAREER OVERVIEW RECORD

CAREER DOUBLES WIN/LOSE RATIO
W 25
L 10
SEASON 8
W 5
L 3

CAREER DOUBLES TITLES 2
CAREER DOUBLES FINALS 0

SEASON 8
DOUBLES TITLES 0
DOUBLES FINALS 0