NATION

PASSWORD

IBC 34 signups [host voting results announced]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trolleborg
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Trolleborg » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:16 pm

Due to results of vote I'm out.

Venmere
Spokesperson

Founded: May 07, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Venmere » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:27 am

Evidently the choice of Chromatika and South Newlandia has generated quite a bit of controversy in this community
11-7, Quarterfinals, International Baseball Slam XIV
13-17, 6th in Group B, WBC 52
6-14, 6th in Group C, WBC 55
Total International Record: 30-38

3rd place in Group B, BoF 76

3-6, World Bowl 44

All these achievements testify to the fact that I am not very good at sports XD
Please TG me if you want me to join your event

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Postby StrayaRoos » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:36 pm

Venmere wrote:Evidently the choice of Chromatika and South Newlandia has generated quite a bit of controversy in this community

It seems so
As we’ve lost Banja,Sarzonia and Trollborg so far
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
Fly Air STR, the Spirit of StrayaRoos
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:47 pm

Please see here.
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
Olympic Council President (XVIII) - World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere
Have won many, hosted even more

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:48 pm

I want to clarify, my withdrawal was not because of a lack of confidence in our hosts. And it should not be interpreted as such.

Quebec's post here is 100% correct.

I have full and complete faith in Chromatika & South Newlandia to host this tournament competently, as Chromatika did so on his own just two cycles ago(as well as a long, excellent hosting history, including the World Cup itself) and South Newlandia has hosted numerous challenging tournaments, including Esportiva's regional soccer tournament and co-hosting a World baseball Classic.

Both hosts are fully capable of putting on an excellent IBCs, and I think that the bid itself is a strong one. The format is excellent, 2/48 scorination is also a less intense pace, which I appreciate.

This is why I'm participating with my own puppet(Nyowani Kitara), who admittedly, I did not declare as a puppet, so some people may not have known. I did not declare them as a puppet as I did not need to do so, since they will be my only nation participating in this edition of the IBCs, and they are certainly not taking Banija's rank or anything like that. The IBCs will be a good place to continue to RP and worldbuild around my puppet, which is why they are in this tournament.

The tldr is that my withdrawal should not be taken as an endorsement of Trolleborg's and Sarzonia's position. They can do what they want, but that is their own choice, and should not be taken that they have my endorsement in any way.

I Hope that clarifies any questions about the Banijan withdrawal. Reach out to me on Discord or TG if anything here is unclear.
Last edited by Banija on Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:10 pm

It may not appear to be the case based on my statement about withdrawing from the IBC, but I have confidence in both Chormatika and South Newlandia to host a tournament like this to a successful conclusion.

I have an extreme distaste for the 2/48 format Banija endorsed in his post. Couple that with the fact that one of my biggest archrivals is not participating (as Banija; I acknowledge his presence with Nyowani Kitara). I have tremendous respect for Banija and the worldbuilding he does. However, combining a format I strongly dislike with the fact an archrival I was desperately hoping to get another crack at is not competing leaves me without much motivation to take part in this edition.

There are other RL considerations at play, too. But suffice it to say, the IBC will be better off if I don't compete this time. For the one Chromatika solo hosted last time, I felt like I was phoning it in. I didn't want to do that again.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tropicorp » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:13 pm

With Sarzonia (blue) and Banija (orange) out of the picture, it seems there may be an opportunity for a new blue and orange power to rise.

And maybe one day that will happen. In the mean time, you can have us instead (if you need/want us)
- Tropicorp -

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:09 pm

From an operational standpoint, it might be better if we used strikethrough text to denote a nation that withdrew from a tournament rather than completely erasing them as if they'd never signed up at all.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports