NATION

PASSWORD

NS Global Athletics Tour season 1 - Everything thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eshialand
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Eshialand » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:41 am

Mixed Emotions

"You'd better believe I hate those f***ing Kryties! I mean seriously, I should've won that! How in the name of..."
"Okay, as you can tell, Paul Guronne isn't the happiest man in the world following his second-place finish in the Men's 1500m, being passed by Krytenian Eric Saban at the finish line to lose by one one-hundredth of a second in a photo finish that triggered a video review! That's right, I'm Josh Seametzle, here reporting live from the Münzenbruck... Über... laufen... can someone give me some help with this name?"
"Münzenbruck Überlaufenwerfenspringenleichtathletikgebangbangsschwachsteinermopedvroomprix?"
"Yes, thank you Danica, that one! That Men's 1500m was certainly an exciting one to watch, with Guronne and compatriot Oscar Sweete finishing 2-3, but some have been left wanting more out of the Eshian contingent, whose only tour victory came from Eddie Dreyer in the Men's 800m. Let's talk to some of our athletes to find out what they have to think."

"So, Eddie, how are you feeling about your big win in the 800m?"
"Honestly, I'm elated. It always feels good to get an early win, and I'm hoping that I can carry this success into Neverend."
"Of course, he's referring to the Neverend Grand Prix in Neverend, Liventia, to be held in three weeks' time. Also, rumor has it you got a tour record! How does it feel to have a record after the first stop on the tour?"
"Well, it's still early, so the records pretty much come free. I'm just concerned about the finals, I think I started a bit late there, I should probably work on that."

"Next, let's talk to Cassandra Plevar, who got third place in the Women's 1500m. So Cassandra, how are you feeling about your performance?"
"Honestly, something felt off. I'm not sure quite what, but I'm definitely gonna need some rest before the next meet."
"Do you think you'll be able to perform at your best in Neverend, with the distance at a mile instead of 1500m?"
"Oh definitely. My goal for that one's gonna be 4:20. If I can get under 4:20, I'm gonna be happy as a clam. I don't need to win, I just need to improve my best times."
"That's the spirit! Lastly, let's talk to the president of the Eshian Athletics Association, Richard Plessy, who was here in Münzenbruck to watch the event."

"So, Richard, how did the Eshians here look?"
"Honestly, they did okay. I'm liking the direction we're able to go in, and I'm hoping to see more results in the near future."
"What are you expecting out of the Eshians going to the Thunder Cup in Danvirk, The Cordian Isles?"
"I hope to see at least some results, but what results, I'm not too sure yet. Bergstrom's looking really good for the Men's 400m, and Rainnie's running the 400m on the Women's side, so both are gonna be pretty interesting to see."
"Have you checked the TV ratings for the event? Are they up to your expectations?"
"No, I honestly haven't checked them yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they were rather high, it was definitely a fun day to watch here."

"And there you have it, the Münzenbruck Überlaufenwerfenspringenleichtathletikgebangbangsschwachsteinermopedvroomprix may be over, but the Global Athletics Tour has only just begun! Let's watch as our athletes continue to make the long journey to the grand finale in Orean!"

Eshians in the Thunder Cup, Danvirk, COR:
Men's 110m Hurdles: Ryan Bergstrom, Ollie Rendell
Men's 200m: Vincent Syret
Men's 400m: Ryan Bergstrom
Men's 800m: Oscar Sweete
Men's High Jump: Trey Newmont
Men's Triple Jump: Grant Wentree
Women's 200m: Janie Kellar, Ruby Rainnie
Women's 400m: Ruby Rainnie
Anything I say is IC unless proven otherwise by a court of law.

(he/him/any/all)

Aboveland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Aboveland » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:19 pm

Arne Kuadonvaara: Sportwashing Speculation "Appalling and Disrespectful"
The Abovian Olympic Committee sided with the Global Athletics Tour after the Liventian LATRINE organization (Liventians Against Tyrannical Regimes in Nations Everywhere) claimed that the inclusion of Nykipiflugpuun Ihmyysporttityrnyy in the calendar of its inaugural season was an example of "sportwashing": the act of clearing up public perception of an oppressive regime through the promotion of sporting events. AOC head Arne Kuadonvaara lambasted the activist group, calling them "ridiculous" and suggesting they "leave other countries to solve their own issues."

VANKKAVALTA - Drama surrounded the run-up to the Münzenbruck Überlaufenwerfenspringenleichtathletikgebangbangsschwachsteinermopedvroomprix in Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland, the inaugural round of the first season of the Global Athletics Tour (GAT), as the organizing body of the championship — and the Abovian Olympic Committee (AOC), by proxy — came under fire for the promotion and inclusion of a meet based in Timantirkas, Nykipiflugpuu in the season's calendar. The Liventia-based human rights activist group LATRINE heavily criticized the GAT and the AOC for awarding a slot to the Nykipiflugpuun Ihmyysporttityrnyy athletics meet despite the "lack of clarity" surrounding recent political developments in the Arctic archipelago: namely, the unexplained disappearance of Heikki Myyrsistõlisysstästäjä, and the credible reports of human rights abuses — including accusations of torture, capital punishment, and the lack of a right to a fair trial — during his rule.

Arne Kuadonvaara, as the head of the AOC, was heavily involved in the discussions with the Nykipiflugpuu Tourism and Sporting Board (NTSB) to greenlight the Nykipiflugpuun Ihmyysporttityrnyy project. Following the demise of the Nykipish leader — and the subsequent organizational troubles suffered by Nykipish government entities such as the NTSB — the final paperwork required to submit the finalized bid to the GAT was transferred to Aboveland and processed entirely by the Abovian Olympic Committee on behalf of the Nykipish organization. When the bid was submitted, Kuadonvaara assured that the Nykipish government had simply "small details" left to iron out in their host bid, and that "it would have been a shame if political trouble were to ultimately win over the will of the Nykipish people."

However, Kuadonvaara was reportedly "furious" as news of LATRINE's statement reached Vankkavalta, prompting an almost immediate reaction from the fiery chairman.

"It's outrageous," he exclaimed, just hours before the debut of the Abovian delegation in Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland. "There's no real basis on which to claim that the Nykipish government is 'sportwashing' their regime: there is no such Nykipish government that can 'sportwash' itself. But worse than that is the insinuation that this is an attempt by a political class to benefit themselves: the Nykipish people are always very excited to see sporting events on their soil, and cancelling the Nykipiflugpuun Ihmyysporttityrnyy after so much anticipation from the previous administration would be disgraceful. Claiming that the hosting of this tournament is only for the benefit of a select few, which don't exist, is appalling and disrespectful to Nykipiflugpuu and the Abovian Union." He also attacked LATRINE for commenting on Abovian politics from an outsiders' perspective. "Maybe they should focus on Pridnestrovia or Nyowani Kitara, before dipping their feet in an issue that's none of their business," he said.

He also assured that the event would go on as planned. "The MISTANYK administrative council has already arrived in the archipelago to start their deployment and prepare Timantirkas for the event in a few weeks' time. Everything indicates that the Sporttirakennus will be more than ready for the fifth GAT meet."

MISTANYK Councilmember Resigns After Audio Leak
Aleksi Malinen, a member of the provisional MISTANYK council intervening in Nykipiflugpuu, resigned from his post early Thursday morning after an audio message was leaked, where he claimed that Nykipiflugpuu was "a dump" and "worse than we all expected".

TIMANTIRKAS - The ruling council of the Abovian Union Mission for the Stability of Nykipiflugpuu, or MISTANYK, has already seen itself embroiled in a scandal just hours after the initial political and military deployment to the archipelago. A member of the 20-strong council in charge of restructuring the Nykipish government, Vankkavalta native Aleksi Malinen, voluntarily resigned after audio messages between him and an undisclosed third party surfaced, where he criticized the state of affairs in the Arctic state and claimed to have found it in a worse state than "anyone could have imagined."

In the audio message, Malinen repeatedly referred to Nykipiflugpuu as "a dump" and "[this] failed state," claiming that the roads in and around Timantirkas were "full of trash," its lighting fixtures — currently unused — as "structurally weak and functionally useless," and describing its people as "quiet, dejected, and scared." He mentioned that the main power station serving the archipelago, located in the settlement of Myyrsi, was struggling to meet even the minimum energy demand of the main island of Suhuryysosaaremaa, and that the islands of Krapusaaremaa and Ohyvakkyysaaremaa were running entirely on lean diesel and walrus fat adapted power generators. He also remarked that he "can't see how this shithole will get itself together in time for hosting an athletics tournament," calling the Abovian Olympic Committee's bid to host an event in Timantirkas "ludicrous", and Arne Kuadonvaara a "silly, mindless man."

As Malinen's comments reached Aboveland, public outcry was instantaneous. The Nykipish community in Aboveland expressed their "shock and dismay" at the councilman's comments, suggesting they skirted the line between reasonable and insensitive, and soon Abovians joined in on the protests across social media channels, clamoring for his resignation from the leading council. The general public sentiment across Abovian spaces was almost unanimous: an individual with such a public bias towards and against the task they've been enlisted to carry out must be stripped of their responsibility.

Quietly and without further comment, Ulrika Savka, former Abovian foreign minister, intellectual leader of the Nykipish independence movement — previously wanted in Aboveland —, and appointed head of MISTANYK, announced Malinen's removal from his position in the ruling council. "We need to assure Abovians and Nykipks alike that we're here to put Nykipiflugpuu in order with our prejudices set aside," she stated in a pre-recorded video submitted alongside the announcement of Malinen's resignation. "MISTANYK is committed to building a state run by Nykipiks and made for Nykipiks; we must listen to their demands and attend to their needs unconditionally."

Her comments made clear the council's recognition of the logistical and political challenges faced by the mission as the first troops of the Abovian Armed Forces arrived for deployment on all three main islands of the Arctic state. Keen to avoid evoking memories of the Abovian intervention in Nykipiflugpuu under Kaisla Saari's presidency, the initial rollout of MISTANYK has been designed with a gradualist, conservative, community-focused approach across the archipelago, basing operations in Timantirkas to branch out across the poorly-connected islands — that is, with most settlements rapidly accessible only by air.
AUTONOMOUS TERRITORIES OF THE ABOVIAN UNION: Nykipiflugpuu

Home to Terho Talvela, three-time WGPC World Champion, and one-time WSRC World Champion

Nykipiflugpuu
Secretary

Founded: Sep 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nykipiflugpuu » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:43 pm

In (the likely) case it isn't clear, Nykipiflugpuun Valtakulkininfobulletään is the main channel through which Nykipiks receive information of national importance, sort of like an emergency broadcaster. During the rule of Myyrsistolisyysttastaja, it served as a propaganda machine for the regime, and now it has been overtaken by an undisclosed group of civilians. Nykipiks are fiercely patriotic, yet not as belligerent as the rule of Myyrsistolisyysttastaja might have suggested. As such, Nykipiflugpuun Valtakulikinfobulletään now functions as a civilian-run information service (ICly, both in digital and radio format) with a clear anti-Abovian bias — perhaps, not fully grounded in reality.

Report: Arrival of Occupying Forces

Early Thursday morning, the Abovian intervention force arrived in Timantirkas to assemble a new state framework functional to the interests of the Federal administration, assisted in part by Ulrika Savka (who you might know as Klara Stasiuk, and must now look upon with suspicion rather than admiration). In the coming days, earlier or later depending on your distance to Timantirkas, armed men wearing Abovian army uniforms will arrive in your village under the guise of "assessing the security situation". As proud Nykipiks, we should be committed to preserving our independence, asserting our self-sufficiency, and rejecting Abovian pressure.

MISTANYK will attempt to coerce you into revealing personal information to design a state with which to wield their own power on the archipelago. It would be fruitful if we kept quiet, and continued our lives as normal — as if the Abovians had never returned.

Residents of Timantirkas: keep in mind that Nykipiflugpuun Ihmyysporttityrnyy is slated to be held in the coming weeks. Our state-of-the-art sporting facility is still incomplete; all able residents of Timantirkas, young or old, should feel compelled to assist in the construction task to ready the facility for the arrival of international visitors. Until then, we must remain orderly and calm: we may not attempt to sabotage the successful hosting of the event or be antagonistic towards foreigners, at the very least until after the event has been held.

Uulpeyhikyyt Nykimalainen !
Last edited by Nykipiflugpuu on Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Semi-independent protectorate of Aboveland

Aquillian
Attaché

Founded: Mar 24, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquillian » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:13 am

Disappointment for Ando in Men's 800 m
Achille Ando, who took the 800 metre crown at the Aquilliano National Championships ("Champs") just two months ago, looked thoroughly outmatched on the international stage last night in Münzenbruck. Finishing last in his heat, almost a full two seconds behind the leader, Ando simply didn't look like a man at full fitness. His comments post-race didn't suggest any injury worries or fitness concerns, though. "It was a bad run for me," he admitted. "I don't know what went wrong today, I just didn't get it right."

Ando typically prefers to linger in the middle of the pack for the first half of a race, before breaking toward the front, trying to build a buffer before the finish. Former national sprint champion, Jordan Broderick, noted this in coverage, pointing out that Ando "didn't break here, where we would normally expect him to" around the 500 metre mark. "We know Achille likes to get out in front early, maybe commit some others to pushing sooner than they'd like to otherwise they risk leaving too much work to do in the final 150 metres or so. But he didn't do that here, and it made me wonder whether he was carrying a little problem."

When Ando made no reference to injury in his own post-race interview, Broderick was pensive. "Maybe he over-thought it tonight," he suggested. "It's a bigger competition. Higher level. It's easy to get caught up in your own thoughts when you step up like that. I know I had some concerns when I first competed in the Rushmori Games all those years ago, and it definitely affected my performance." Fortunately for Ando, this tour will see three more opportunities for him to really show his ability and make the final. "I'll come back stronger," he vowed. "Tonight, I let my country down, and I have to make up for it."

Campbell unable to keep the pace
Jennifer Campbell's face was a picture of disbelief when she stepped off the track following her 400 metres heat. "She was something else," Campbell said, of the heat winner, Gena Atteberry. "So fast." Campbell, who ran the race in the outermost lane, said she realised something was "off" as she was midway through the second bend and could already see Atteberry (in lane three) pulling ahead. "I just went into panic mode and pushed as hard as I could for the finish," she said, shaking her head. "But there was no catching that woman. Too fast."

Campbell, for her part, won the right to represent Aquillian in the Global Athletics Tour (GAT) after placing third in the Tukari Kaita Games with a 51.82 second time. Remarkably, that would not have been enough to qualify for the final in Münzenbruck. Her personal best of 51.31 seconds would have, but still only as one of the fastest runners-up, a fact not lost on the Juliana-born athlete. "It's been eye-opening for me," she admitted. "The level of competition is amazing, a real test. I'm blessed to have this opportunity."

Under different circumstances, Campbell may not have been afforded the chance to race the likes of Atteberry and Kondwani (again). After an unfortunate injury to national champion Jen Caldwell, the Asociación Atlética de Administración Aquilliano (or Quad-A) opted to send Campbell -- as the next-fastest Aquilliana athlete over 400 metres at the Tukari Kaita Games -- to represent Aquillian in the GAT. The decision was contested in some quarters, as each nation is only eligible to send a limited number of athletes. The main dispute was that other athletes, with better chances of winning medals, could have been entered instead; like 100 metre sprinters Nicolas Gaitan, or Miguel Lozano. Quad-A, however, insisted that it was in the best interests of the nation to send at least one athlete for each event; and opting not to send Campbell would have left Aquillian without a representative in the women's 400 metres.

The additional pressure from the political pressures of her selection doesn't seem to bother Campbell, however. "I can't control what people think," she said. "I can only do the best I can in my situation, and hope that it's enough." She will get another chance to prove herself in Neverend, and will certainly be hoping to improve on what she admits was a poor time by her own standards. "Almost 53 seconds tonight, that's not good enough. I have to put the work in, do better. That's all."

Romero disappointed with third-place finish
Noelia Romero last night was briefly in ecstasy, after feeling she had cleared 15 metres in the triple jump, only to notice the red flag. She had encroached the plasticine by some 3 centimetres, rendering what would have been a leap of around 15.1 metres void. "I was so sure I'd nailed it," Romero said after the final had concluded. "That would have been the first time I broke fifteen metres since before the injury."

Romero set the Aquillian national record in the women's triple jump with a leap of 15.16 metres two years ago, before a major hamstring injury ruled her out of competition for a whole season. "It was a long road back, and it's taken a while to feel like my technique is back to where it was," Romero explained. "So to finally make a really big jump like that was really encouraging." In the end, it didn't count, and Romero finished third on the night with a best of 14.77 metres, behind Nyu Cinnamon and Anselma Rome, a result which will feel bitterly disappointing after knowing she can make a bigger jump, but she will certainly be encouraged as the tour continues. "It's a matter of fine-tuning now, I think," she said. "Maybe I get the fifteen next time."

Elsewhere in the women's triple jump, Aymone Prudhomme scratched on her third attempt -- an unrecorded 14.7 or so, that would have almost certainly been a personal best -- and it appeared to affect her mentally, as she took off early on every subsequent attempt. "It can play with you," she admitted. "Because while you get six attempts, you don't get any do-overs, and the competition is fierce. You can't afford to get it wrong too often." She finished the meet with a seventh place finish on a disappointing 14.13 best, almost half a metre shy of her personal best.
President: Horace Daley | Population: ~24 million | Capital: Genesia, Centrale

A moderately conservative, somewhat-religious nation with a lingering resentment for Osarius, their former colonial oppressors.
If you want a RL reference point, this nation is supposed to be a cultural, social and political mélange of Mexico and Jamaica.

I will sometimes RP in an approximation of Jamaican Patois. Apologies in advance ;)

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:19 am

Olympic Gold Medalist Jeriah Opondo wins the high jump competition in the opening meet of the Global Athletics Tour

MÜNZENBRUCK, SCHUTZENPHALIA AND WEST RUHNTUHNKUHNLAND- The Global Athletics Tour was never going to be simple, easy competition. Some of the nations of the multiverse that are most dedicated to track & field events, going against each other for 13 consecutive competitions. There will be plenty of ups and downs for all nations in the competition, as everybody goes globetrotting across the multiverse for these meets. But the opening day of competition saw success for plenty of Banijans. Jeriah Opondo was the main event for the Banijan delegation, as he came into the Global Athletics Tour with his Olympic gold in hand.

He proved once again that his success at the Bunjil Olympiad was not a fluke, as his 2.33m high jump was good enough for first place here in Münzenbruck. "I've always wanted to come out here and prove that Olympic success was not simply a one-off." The athlete said to reporters. "I've been jumping for a long time- I believe that I am the best in the world. I want to do whatever I can to stay at the top. I've proven it today, I think- that it's not just about one event, one meet. It's about setting a standard for myself, about getting off to a strong start." And although there were only 6 participants in today's competition, Opondo was dominant. He was one of just two athletes to hit each of the first three heights on the first try.

He won the competition at 2.31m, as he hit his first jump at that height, while Norihide Harada of Ko-oren maxed out at 2.29m. At that point, it was just Opondo and his race to be the first to set a record for this competition. He hit his third and final attempt at 2.33m, but couldn't hit anything beyond that. As the Banijan fans celebrated, Opondo was wrapped in a Banijan flag and celebrated in the most modern way possible- by walking up to the Banijan fan section and taking a selfie, with the whole section of fans rushing down to jump into the picture.

Meanwhile, in the women's pole vaulting competition, Yobanna Chikere went far, but could not quite keep up with the event's winner, Sofia Tymoshenko of Aboveland. "Tymoshenko was incredible throughout the competition." Chikere told reporters after the meet. "She was able to step up and deal with pressure, not get rattled when she didn't get the distance that she needed. This sport is as much a mental game as anything, and she showed that she is ready for the big time." They competed at 13 different distances. For Chikere's 9th, 10th, and 11th attempts, she hit her goal on the first go- three times in a row. And although Tymoshenko could not quite match that, she hit her leaps as well.

Tymoshenko was more prepared for the 4.70m distance, as she hit that while Chikere, who had hit the previous 3 on the first go, could not. And that was that- Tymoshenko was the inaugural champion. Pundits and TV analysts said it was overall a quality day for Banijans. "Banijans finished top 3 in a trio of running competitions- a second place finish in the men's 100m, and third place finishes in the women's 100m and 800m, alongside Opondo's win, make the meet an obviously successful day for the Kingdom." One TV analyst said. "However, this is not one, standalone meet. It's a long season, and there are going to be plenty of ups and downs. It's important for fans not to read too much into this. It's a strong start, which is what you want, but it is certainly no promise of long-term success."

Banijan track & field athletes will hope to build upon their early success at the Thunder Cup in the Cordian Isles, which is the second event of the tour.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Hannasea
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hannasea » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:37 pm

Track & Field Explainer

For Hannaseans who haven’t caught the athletics buzz, here are some things you can do during the various flat races according to how long they last!

100 m: This lasts about 10 seconds, so consider getting in a bout of passionate lovemaking.

200 m: This lasts about 20 seconds; doctors and scientists advise that this is how long you should take when properly washing your hands. Advisable after seeking an alternative to passionate lovemaking (which your wife seems to be losing interest in; maybe she should visit a personal trainer to improve her stamina?)

400 m: This lasts around 45 seconds. You could listen to the song “You Suffer” by Napalm Death over 30 times!

800 m: This lasts just under 2 minutes. Use this time angrily blogging your reasons why the 2 minute rule of time management is bullshit.

1500 m: This lasts about four minutes. You can learn to play 4’33” by John Cage, though you’ll have to play it allegro in order to squeeze in the time. Playing this demanding piece so fast may take a lot of practice!

Marathon: Though not being contested here, the marathon is a popular event that can last a couple of hours, or, how long your wife is visiting her personal trainer. You can get a lot done during this time! And, so can she…
Last edited by Hannasea on Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:09 pm

Cutoff for Meet 2.
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:38 pm

Thunder Cup
Danvirk, Cordia

Men’s 100m
Heat 1
1 Óscar López (SRG) 9.93 Q MR
2 Venkatesh Iyer (KIL) 10.01 Q
3 Edvin Lundgaard (ABL) 10.05 Q
4 Akabueze Ekenedilichukwu (SWR) 10.05 q
5 Lukas van Mosval (KOR) 10.06 q
6 Renato Kemper (KIL) 10.18
7 Yusurüm Keftés (SKD) 10.26
8 Amedeo Deniaud (JUE) 10.41

Heat 2
1 Jason Jepkosgoi (TJU) 9.96 Q
2 Chijindum Edenwa (CBR) 10.13 Q
3 Tim Schröter (BRO) 10.26 Q
4 Leopoldo Lopez (AQL) 10.43
5 Billie Grover (BOL) 10.43
6 Mihai Gomes (NTN) 10.47
7 Ekundayo Tuvian (KGS) 10.73
— Tim Timson (KGS) DNF

Final
1 Chijindum Edenwa (CBR) 9.94
2 Óscar López (SRG) 9.96
3 Edvin Lundgaard (ABL) 9.96
4 Akabueze Ekenedilichukwu (SWR) 9.96
5 Venkatesh Iyer (KIL) 10.07
6 Jason Jepkosgoi (TJU) 10.10
7 Tim Schröter (BRO) 10.12
8 Lukas van Mosval (KOR) 10.16

Men’s 110m hurdles
Heat 1
1 Brodie Merchant (COR) 13.06 Q
2 Narf Nerves (KGS) 13.11 Q
3 Ryan Bergstrom (ESH) 13.31 Q
4 Joseph Gallagher (TJU) 13.44 q
5 Ollie Rendell (ESH) 13.47 q
6 Laios Anoverou (AKE) 13.61
7 Riyadh Ahmed (RWH) 13.70
8 Mihai Gomes (NTN) 13.71

Heat 2
1 Keirin Banks (HOP) 13.17 Q
2 Yves Tosi (JUE) 13.17 Q
3 Raúl Romero (SRG) 13.26 Q
4 Michael Giorbelidze (BRO) 13.50
5 Abbas Fatty (BNJ) 13.58
6 Liam Ferguson (KIL) 13.65
7 Paulo Ferreira (KIL) 13.67
8 Olly Shepard (BOL) 13.80

Final
1 Brodie Merchant (COR) 13.06 TR, MR
2 Yves Tosi (JUE) 13.08
3 Raúl Romero (SRG) 13.09
4 Keirin Banks (HOP) 13.12
5 Ollie Rendell (ESH) 13.34
6 Joseph Gallagher (TJU) 13.38
7 Ryan Bergstrom (ESH) 13.55
8 Narf Nerves (KGS) 13.55

Men’s 200m
Heat 1
1 Vincent Syret (ESH) 20.03 Q
2 Jason Jepkosgoi (TJU) 20.18 Q
3 Óscar López (SRG) 20.40 Q
4 Ekundayo Tuvian (KGS) 20.59
5 Terry Taxwell (HOP) 20.65
6 Warren Oquendo (UAD) 21.16
7 Friderikos Takamúris (SKD) 21.21
8 Yancy Tucker (BOL) 21.34

Heat 2
1 Andrew Anstey (BRO) 19.77 Q, MR
2 Mordecai Odoyo (BNJ) 19.90 Q
3 Fernando Alcoron (TJU) 19.94 Q
4 Diego Rios (AQL) 20.24 q
5 Max Olson (COR) 20.32 q
6 Siimon Salonen (ABL) 20.44
7 Acinonício Iubato (NTN) 20.44

Final
1 Diego Rios (AQL) 19.82
2 Vincent Syret (ESH) 19.98
3 Fernando Alcoron (TJU) 20.17
4 Óscar López (SRG) 20.29
5 Max Olson (COR) 20.30
6 Mordecai Odoyo (BNJ) 20.31
7 Andrew Anstey (BRO) 20.35
8 Jason Jepkosgoi (TJU) 20.38

Men’s 400m
Heat 1
1 Makinde Dlamini (CBR) 44.68 Q
2 Laurence Grosjean (LEN) 45.03 Q
3 Joey Ogbah (AQL) 45.15 Q
4 Ryan Bergstrom (ESH) 45.54
5 Warren Oquendo (UAD) 46.66
6 Jason Hall (BRI) 46.78
7 Kendrick Swallow (BOL) 47.77

Heat 2
1 Myulla Pidegul (KOR) 44.44 Q
2 Dwain Peplinski (RWH) 44.52 Q
3 Bayu Angga Yuda (PCU) 44.59 Q
4 Jonathan Diemberger (SWR) 44.82 q
5 Kenard Mddonald (AQL) 45.34 q
6 Jayden Ultimate (BRI) 45.76
7 Milo Audley (UAD) 45.99

Final
1 Makinde Dlamini (CBR) 44.43 MR
2 Dwain Peplinski (RWH) 44.50
3 Myulla Pidegul (KOR) 44.51
4 Jonathan Diemberger (SWR) 44.56
5 Joey Ogbah (AQL) 44.62
6 Laurence Grosjean (LEN) 44.97
7 Kenard Mddonald (AQL) 45.03
8 Bayu Angga Yuda (PCU) 45.46

Men’s 800m
Heat 1
1 Oscar Sweete (ESH) 1:44.52 Q
2 Paxton Silva (UAD) 1:44.81 Q
3 Micha Demaret (KOR) 1:44.98 Q
4 Jonas Matsen (ABL) 1:45.39 q
5 Umvértos Karakatsánis (SKD) 1:45.85
6 Toño Dodge (UAD) 1:46.56

Heat 2
1 Olav Merchant (COR) 1:44.56 Q
2 Evaggelos Pithagoras Scorsone (AKE) 1:44.96 Q
3 Mark Garrison (HOP) 1:45.00 Q
4 Matías Magrina (SRG) 1:45.17 q
5 Altevir de Castro (KIL) 1:46.18
6 Roald Andersen-Synnevag (ABL) 1:47.65
7 Qin Shi Huang (TJU) 1:48.07

Final
1 Micha Demaret (KOR) 1:43.54 TR, MR
2 Olav Merchant (COR) 1:43.70
3 Mark Garrison (HOP) 1:44.30
4 Matías Magrina (SRG) 1:44.39
5 Jonas Matsen (ABL) 1:44.95
6 Oscar Sweete (ESH) 1:45.00
7 Paxton Silva (UAD) 1:45.36
8 Evaggelos Pithagoras Scorsone (AKE) 1:45.38

Men’s 1500m
Final
1 Demba Tiyana (BNJ) 3:31.05 MR
2 Faergws yIoganmac (KOR) 3:32.15
3 Huw Robertson (LEN) 3:32.38
4 Qin Shi Huang (TJU) 3:32.42
5 Ricky Heal (BRO) 3:32.63
6 Toño Dodge (UAD) 3:33.97
7 Niklas Meusburger (SWR) 3:34.97
8 Luc Mackinnon (BRO) 3:36.29
9 Damaged Neurons (KGS) 3:36.65
10 Javed-ul-Imam (KIL) 3:37.60
11 Erotílos Vromopodárou (SKD) 3:42.47

Men’s high jump
Final
1 Berto Ewart (UAD) o o o xo o xo o xxx 2.31 MR
2 Trey Newmont (ESH) o o o o o o xxx 2.29
3 Damien Tafani (JUE) o o o o xxo xxo xxx 2.29
4 Stefanos Ipsilantis (AKE) o xo o xxx 2.21
5 Henry IV Mackalry (BRI) o xo xxx 2.15
Ion Mihnealescu (NTN) o xo xxx 2.15

Men’s long jump
Final
1 Lorenzo Rubio (SRG) 7.84 X 8.14 X X 8.61 8.61 TR, MR
2 Jibade Alaba (CBR) 8.21 X 8.22 8.09 X 8.38 8.38
3 Sigfrøðr Benton (COR) X 8.15 8.05 X 8.19 8.33 8.33
4 Joe O'Reilly (AQL) X 8.15 7.90 8.24 X 8.29 8.29
5 Súlis Kakás (SKD) X X X 8.25 X 7.80 8.25
6 Isandro Zamora (AQL) 8.07 7.89 X 8.21 8.12 X 8.21

Men’s pole vault
Final
1 Louis Bartaba (BNJ) o o o o o xo xo o xo xo xo o o o xxx 5.93 MR
2 Abraham Calligaris (JUE) o o o o o o o o o o o o o xxx 5.88
3 Andre Highlanders (AKE) xo o xo o o xxo xxx 5.53
4 Lantry Terratus (KGS) xo xo o o o xxx 5.48
5 Dan Hershey (UAD) o o xo xxx 5.38
6 Felix Ruiz (SRG) o o xxo xxx 5.38

Men’s triple jump
Final
1 Felix Thorns (AKE) 17.26 X 16.74 X 17.46 17.05 17.46 MR
2 Grant Wentree (ESH) 17.05 17.41 16.69 17.40 17.19 X 17.41
3 Komang Bayu Trisna (PCU) X X 17.39 17.14 17.01 17.31 17.39
4 Leander Beale (KOR) 16.45 16.97 17.03 17.38 17.34 16.74 17.38
5 Tristian Sarenrae (KGS) X 16.58 16.59 17.26 16.61 X 17.26
6 Alexandro Rossi (KIL) 16.59 16.07 16.85 X 16.22 16.55 16.85

Women’s 100m
Heat 1
1 Sonosa Melerinden (KOR) 10.88 Q
2 Eulala Valladares (AQL) 11.22 Q
3 Charity Read (UAD) 11.29 Q
4 Alica Johnson (KGS) 11.30 q
5 Sharon Banner (COR) 11.57
6 Alexa Timdottir (KGS) 11.60
7 Sally Ait (RWH) 11.64

Heat 2
1 Talía Espinar (SRG) 10.71 Q
2 Anna Pavlaki (SKD) 11.01 Q
3 Katja Lovenko (ABL) 11.07 Q
4 Márcia da Silva (NTN) 11.44 q
5 Marya Halm (BRI) 11.51
6 Caroline Haynes (BRO) 12.00
— Morgana Kassiopi (AKE) DQ

Final
1 Eulala Valladares (AQL) 10.69 TR, MR
2 Sonosa Melerinden (KOR) 10.90
3 Talía Espinar (SRG) 10.91
4 Alica Johnson (KGS) 11.31
5 Katja Lovenko (ABL) 11.41
6 Charity Read (UAD) 11.45
7 Anna Pavlaki (SKD) 11.49
8 Márcia da Silva (NTN) 11.76

Women’s 100m hurdles
Heat 1
1 Carmel Ajwang (BNJ) 12.68 Q
2 Faith Morris (AQL) 12.76 Q
3 Olga Pryor (COR) 12.84 Q
4 Veronica Armstrong (KIL) 12.87 q
5 Vera Velocity (KGS) 12.93 q
6 Molly Baum (HAN) 12.93

Heat 2
1 Hephzibah Adika (BNJ) 12.50 Q, MR
2 Monica Port (KGS) 12.53 Q
3 Katja Nyrmysakki (NYK) 12.93 Q
4 Malena Sainz (SRG) 13.11
— Clara Wach (SWR) DNF
Jeanne Aminstaart (KOR) DNF

Final
1 Faith Morris (AQL) 12.58
2 Hephzibah Adika (BNJ) 12.63
3 Katja Nyrmysakki (NYK) 12.69
4 Carmel Ajwang (BNJ) 12.73
5 Monica Port (KGS) 12.87
6 Olga Pryor (COR) 12.89
7 Veronica Armstrong (KIL) 13.09
8 Vera Velocity (KGS) 13.62

Women’s 200m
Heat 1
1 Fumnanya Zebenjo (BNJ) 22.10 Q
2 Caroline Haynes (BRO) 22.21 Q
3 Hilde Joonasen (ABL) 22.34 Q
4 Talía Espinar (SRG) 22.57
5 Ons Kalifa (TJU) 22.61
6 Odile Chevotet (KOR) 22.63
7 Shalley Randell (BRO) 23.07
8 Charity Read (UAD) 23.12

Heat 2
1 Lila Kofa (AKE) 21.97 Q
2 Maia Cook (CBR) 22.13 Q
3 Charlie McColl (LEN) 22.27 Q
4 Mackenzie Rowe (LEN) 22.27 q
5 Janie Kellar (ESH) 22.37 q
6 Ruby Rainnie (ESH) 22.45
7 Iktamila Sorajangga (PCU) 23.05

Final
1 Fumnanya Zebenjo (BNJ) 21.79 TR, MR
2 Maia Cook (CBR) 21.81
3 Charlie McColl (LEN) 21.82
4 Hilde Joonasen (ABL) 21.98
5 Lila Kofa (AKE) 21.99
6 Janie Kellar (ESH) 22.59
7 Mackenzie Rowe (LEN) 22.62
8 Caroline Haynes (BRO) 23.14

Women’s 400m
Heat 1
1 Rosa Manninger (SWR) 50.47 Q, MR
2 Sienna Richards (HAN) 50.47 Q
3 Melissa James (HOP) 50.47 Q
4 Lila Kofa (AKE) 50.67 q
5 Marta Rodrigues (TJU) 51.93
6 Charlie King (HAN) 51.96
7 Margarita Graves (BOL) 52.52
8 Malin Bandit (RWH) 53.17

Heat 2
1 Eunice Adamsen (COR) 50.90 Q
2 Verónica Alemán (SRG) 51.43 Q
3 Ruby Rainnie (ESH) 51.57 Q
4 Aboyo Amondi (BNJ) 51.82 q
5 Xiang Wu (KGS) 52.29
6 Charity Read (UAD) 52.64
7 Holly Tandy-Gabriel (BRI) 53.33

Final
1 Verónica Alemán (SRG) 50.54
2 Eunice Adamsen (COR) 50.55
3 Ruby Rainnie (ESH) 51.05
4 Rosa Manninger (SWR) 51.05
5 Sienna Richards (HAN) 51.55
6 Lila Kofa (AKE) 52.01
7 Melissa James (HOP) 52.14
8 Aboyo Amondi (BNJ) 52.27

Women’s 800m
Heat 1
1 Elise Ryan (AQL) 1:58.61 Q
2 Sarah Vanecek (HOP) 1:58.87 Q
3 Caroline Stroll (KRY) 1:58.96 Q
4 Aureliana Tosetti (JUE) 1:59.74 q
5 Marta Rodrigues (TJU) 1:59.92 q
6 Anis Koiralampi (ABL) 2:00.25
7 Natalie Morgan (KIL) 2:00.88

Heat 2
1 Lila Kofa (AKE) 1:56.51 Q, MR
2 Amira Naber (RWH) 1:57.63 Q
3 Maurine Curtis (KOR) 1:58.01 Q
4 Anna Pavlaki (SKD) 1:59.95
5 Sanna Laurinova (ABL) 1:59.95
6 Kerry Atteberry (BOL) 2:02.98

Final
1 Elise Ryan (AQL) 1:57.24
2 Amira Naber (RWH) 1:57.70
3 Sarah Vanecek (HOP) 1:58.57
4 Marta Rodrigues (TJU) 1:58.58
5 Aureliana Tosetti (JUE) 1:58.68
6 Maurine Curtis (KOR) 1:59.15
7 Lila Kofa (AKE) 2:00.06
8 Caroline Stroll (KRY) 2:00.08

Women’s 1500m
Final
1 Eve Murphy (CBR) 3:53.52 TR, MR
2 Naomi George (LEN) 3:59.43
3 Anis Koiralampi (ABL) 3:59.78
4 Alana Rouco (SRG) 4:00.89
5 Putu Diah Padmayanti (PCU) 4:02.61
6 Herawati (PCU) 4:03.11
7 Sotiria Labrianidou (SKD) 4:03.18
8 Jonie Garrett (HOP) 4:03.31
9 Veronica Lukeson (UAD) 4:04.02
10 Anna Pavlaki (SKD) 4:08.58
11 Amelia Schneider (BOL) 4:11.45
12 Caitlyn Cawley (KRY) 4:12.09

Women’s high jump
Final
1 Mercedes Piñón (SRG) o o o o o o o o xxo xo xo o xxx 2.02 MR
2 Heather Powell (BOL) o o o o o o xo xo xxo o o xxx 2.01
3 Bryony Ferguson (BRO) o o o xo o o o o xo xo xo xxx 2.01
4 Jasmin Griffin (AQL) o o o o o o o xo xo xo xxo xxx 2.01
5 Maja Spielmann (SWR) o o o o o o o o xxx 1.96
6 Keti Kitsu (SKD) o o o xo xo xo o xxx 1.93
7 Kathi Glazier (COR) o o o o o o xxx 1.90
8 Mihaela Martins (NTN) o o o xo o xxx 1.87
9 Rina Swayes (BRI) o o o xxx 1.80

Women’s long jump
Final
1 Darya Maslova (TJU) X 6.93 6.75 6.81 X X 6.93 TR, MR
2 Katie Phillips (HAN) 6.92 6.68 6.54 6.78 X 6.75 6.92
3 Akuchi Fumnanya (BNJ) 6.55 6.69 X X X 6.87 6.87
4 Marceline Castaignede (KRY) 6.82 6.84 6.85 6.56 X X 6.85
5 Eirwen Beckett (LEN) X 6.77 X X 6.63 6.84 6.84
6 Diana Juniari (PCU) 6.73 X 6.74 6.74 X 6.81 6.81
7 Diana Zorita (SRG) 6.67 6.51 6.50 6.67

Women’s pole vault
Final
1 Alicia Mills (HAN) o o o o o o o o o o xxo xxo xo xxx 4.72 TR, MR
Patty Kemp (LEN) o xo o o o xo o xo o o xo o xo xxx 4.72 TR, MR
3 Ayu Chandrawati (PCU) o o o o o o o xo xxo o o xxo xxx 4.70
4 Jade Bergen (HAN) o o o o o xo o o o o xxx 4.64
5 Nefeli Jinorou (AKE) o o xxo o xxx 4.36
6 Helena Vatenfall (BRI) xxo xo o xxo xxx 4.36

Women’s triple jump
Final
1 Chidimma Nkechi (BNJ) 14.63 14.95 14.18 X 14.43 14.77 14.95 MR
2 Leteli Fourie (CBR) 14.84 14.48 X 14.52 X 14.34 14.84
3 Kendra Carter-Steele (TJU) 14.38 14.74 14.50 14.28 14.77 14.37 14.77
4 Joanna Santiago (UAD) 13.42 X 14.24 X 14.56 14.28 14.56
5 Hazel James (HAN) X 14.16 X X X 14.40 14.40
6 Serena Aguayo (SRG) X 14.01 14.26 X 14.06 13.79 14.26

TR - Tour Record
MR - Meet Record (registered on GAT)
Слава Україні!

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:13 pm

OCB Executive Chairman Ousman Kaba in Danvirk, at the Thunder Cup

"Will the women's runners for the 200m final please meet at the starting line. I repeat, will the women's runners for the 200m final please meet at the starting line." The public address announcer's voice boomed into the stadium. The beautiful chaos of an international meet, as the instructions were repeated in multiple languages. Ousman Kakay, the Chairman of the Olympic Committee of Banija, had been instrumental in Banija's involvement in the NS Global Athletics Tour. As the 8 finalists walked up to the start line, was sitting in the stands with one of his aides.

"So Ousman." His aide said to him. "When are you thinking of retiring? You've been at this job longer than anyone can remember." And that, of course, was true. He had spent multiple decades as the Chairman of the Olympic Committee of Banija, amassing power as one of the most powerful back end business figures in all of Banijan sports. The Olympic Committee in Banija directly oversaw the lion's share of professional sports in the country, with just soccer and ice hockey having their own independent organizations.

Ousman had been asking himself this question for a while. "Hey, let's focus on Zebenjo right here." Kaba said, focusing on Banija's entrant in the women's 200m dash. "She can win this one." And the two men turned their attention to the race. Fumnanya Zebenjo, of course, had won her 200m heat earlier in the day to qualify for the Final. When the blank went off, a clear top 3 broke off- Zebenjo, Maia Cook of Cobrio, and Charlie McColl of Liventia. "C'mon Fumnanya!" Kaba yelled, as fans from the three countries cheered the names of those running.

At the turn, it looked as if Maia Cook had taken a slight lead. But Fumnanya Zebenjo was closing down, and closing in hard. The final sprint to the finish saw her and Maia Cook both just barely overtake the Liventian, as the three women all finished with 0.03 seconds of one another. "Did Zebenjo win??" The aide asked nobody in particular, as the closeness of the finish made it not entirely clear to those in the crowd. But when, a moment later, Fumnanya Zebenjo was announced as the winner of the 200m sprint, the Banijan fans went crazy.

"YES FUMNANYA!" Ousman Kaba yelled, in his suit, as there were back claps and high fives everywhere. The anthem was played, and he sung loudly along right to it. As another event started that did not have Banijans competing in it, he continued his conversation with his aide. "So Ousman, like I was saying- how much longer do you want to keep going at this? You've accomplished basically everything you wanted to. Brought the Olympiad to Banija- check. Brought a full Banijan delegation to the Summer Olympiad- check. Even leading Banija to success here in track & field at the GATs, although it's extremely early."

Ousman Kaba thought about the question. He was an old man. Athletes talked about being on the wrong side of 30- and he was on the wrong side. He pondered the question that the aide gave him. He had accomplished so many things. His status, his legacy, would be unquestioned. Was it time for the XIV Summer Olympiad Co-Chairman to step aside? "Well, you know, I want to increase our own participation in track & field." Ousman Kaba said. "As the competitions come up- this sport has to be a priority for Banijans going forward. I want to establish long-term success in the country's most popular individual sport as well. But maybe-" and then he paused, seeing the way his aide looked at him. Was it time for him to step down?

"Maybe I've got to think about it seriously. I love working, and the last thign I want to do is golf everyday- but it may be time for new blood. You're right- the main things i wanted to do, I have done. We shall see." Later on that night, a journalist who had overheard the conversation leaked to the media that Ousman Kaba was considering retiring. All hell had broken loose in the back rooms of Banijan sport. While the front pages were focused on a successful Thunder Cup, with four different Banijans winning their events(Men's 1500m, Men's Pole Vault, Women's 200m, and MWomen's Triple Jump), the back pages would be anything but.

The rumor mill would kick off. How would Kaba respond to it?
Last edited by Banija on Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

The Cordian Isles
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cordian Isles » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:44 pm

1st International Thunder Cup Sees Photo Finishes, Clutch Performances

Danvirk, Cordia - 85,000 fans from across the world packed the Castle in Danvirk for the Thunder Cup. It was a spectacle, with celebrations beginning the night before with fireworks and a speech from the First Representative (Cordia's version of the President, if you will). People across Cordia set up watch parties for the five-hour meet, and ratings were stellar. The boards mounted on the "castle walls" were a hit, and spectators could clearly view the multiple photo finishes on the night, as well as the times and replays of the races. The most exciting races were the men's 110m hurdles (scroll a bit down to read about that one) and the women's 200m. In the latter, Fumnanya Zebenjo of Banija and Maria Cook of Cobrio came from behind at the very last second, beating out Charlie McColl of Liventia by 0.03 and 0.02 seconds, respectively, in a truly epic race. In the field events, it was the men's long jump with the craziest finish. Leader Súlis Kakás of the St. Kristofian Democracy watched painfully as his first-place jump was bumped to second, third, fourth, and finally fifth as four jumpers had their highest scores in the final round. The final jumper, Lorenzo Rubio of Sargossa, had a clutch 8.61 in the very last jump of the event, sending the Sargossan delegation into cheers while the rest of the stadium clapped for the athlete's incredible performance under pressure. Cordian jumper Sigfrøðr Benton took third with an 8.33 on his final jump.

The most surprising results thus far in the GAT have been the 110m hurdles races. Cordia put together a hurdles group that, while regarded as pretty solid, was not discussed as being competitive on the international stage. How wrong we were. Two meets in, and Cordian runners have both first-place finishes and a Tour Record, as well as Meet Records for both meets. While the records come free early on, this is still an impressive feat for the team. In the Thunder Cup races, Brodie Merchant ran a 13.06 in the qualifiers, just 0.02 seconds off of Oliver Sands' Munzenbruck Grand Prix time. With the top time going into the Finals, Merchant had reason to be confident. However, this race was much closer than the first, with Yves Tosi, Raúl Romero, and Keirin Banks all right on his heels. They finished almost in line, triggering the first of many photo finishes on the night. With the whole crowd silent watching the race and then the board, the stadium erupted into cheers when Merchant's name popped up first on the board.

In the men's 200, Max Olson, the 3rd-placed Cordian 200 runner from the Domestic Thunder Cup managed to take the final qualifying spot with a time of 20.32 with a straightaway burst of speed that pulled him from seventh to fifth. Despite this, most expected him to finish dead last in the final. This was not the case, as Olson went all-out again on the last hundred to finish at a rather-unexpected 5th place. 5th places won't get him into the overall finals, but they'll give him a shot.

In the men's 800, Olav Merchant, brother of Brodie, also pulled off some unexpected times. Another in the group of athletes not expected to compete on the international stage, Olav surprised with an early lead in Heat 2 of the 800, and though he wasn't able to keep the same pace in the second half, he still won by 0.4 seconds, a much more comfortable margin than his brother's win. In the final, he and Ko-orenite Micha Demaret formed a small breakaway, though Olav Merchant was unable to take enough ground to eliminate Demaret's lead. There were 0.6 seconds between second and third in the final.

On the women's side, the world finally got a dose of Eunice Adamsen. The top runner on a strong Cordian 400 team, she placed first in her qualifying heat by over half a second despite one of her slower times, one which would have placed fifth in Heat 1. The final was much, much more exciting. Adamsen and Verónica Alemán of Sargossa broke off from the rest midway through the first straightaway. With Alemán on the third lane and Adamsen in fifth, Adamsen, though ahead, was likely to lose her lead. However, her determination and the unwillingness to quit which have won her two national titles kicked in, and the two were neck-and-neck down the final straightaway. They crossed at almost exactly the same time, triggering a photo finish. The crowd held its breath. The board showed Alemán, just barely, to have won. Second place is never what you want, but the race as a whole was something to be proud of despite the relatively slow times, a full half-second behind Cordian Gena Atteberry's blazing 50.04 at the Munzenbruck Grand Prix.

Overall, with just eight athletes at its home meet, Cordians went home with something to be proud of and hopefully some momentum going into the San Pietro Games in Juvencus, a meet that will feature eleven Cordian athletes and hopefully some more first-place finishes.
Last edited by The Cordian Isles on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Executive Director of Founderless
Former WLC Vice President
TSP Legislator
UDS Councillor
UDS Ambassador to TNP
R/Der of moderate skill
Last 16: WLC 38, WLC 39, CoH 83, WCoH 48
Quarterfinalists: BoF 77, WCoH 44, WCoH 45, WCoH 47, AOCAF 67, AOHC 9, AOHC 10
World Cup of Hockey 46 and Atlantean Oceania Hockey Championship 11 Champions!
My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of my regions unless explicitly stated otherwise.
THE CORDIAN ISLES ARE COLD.
Also known as NCE.

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Set!: We Can Actually Win!

Postby TJUN-ia » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:06 am

After a very interesting start to the era of TJUN-ian Athletics, Round 2 of the GAT took us to Danvirk in The Cordian Isles for the Thunder Cup. With a name like that, you knew we would see some electrifying performances out here today, but who would strike golden thunder in Round 2?

Men's 100m and 200m
Jason Jepkosgoi (no relation to NSSCRA driver, and friend to North China, Alice Jepkosgei) was in two events today as he took on both the 100 and the 200 because he was built like that. He was the only runner to get a sub-10 in his heat but the pace got a lot quicker in the race and a 10.10 was enough for only 6th and 5 points. As for the 200, he was 2nd in the heat but was well of the pace in the Final, ending up dead last and with 3 points to his name. Certainly room for improvement, but he has the potential.

Men's 110m Hurdles
Oh hi there, Joseph Gallagher! Our Hurdle Boi was making his debut today (like everyone else) and his first taste of GAT action was certainly interesting. He qualified as one of the fastest losers from Heat 1 and actually did good enough in the race to finish up in 6th with 5 points to his name. Not bad at all!

Men's 800m and 1500m
Finally, on a day where no male fielders were in action for us today, we have the madman known as Qin Shi Huang, who saw himself fit enough to tackle both the two longest distance races on the same day. His main focus was with the 1500m though, which can explain why he finished dead last in his heat and was almost 3 seconds of the qualification pace. Thankfully, there were no qualifiers for the 1500 and he took full advantage of that to finish 4th in the 11-man field, not too far off 2nd and 3rd in a race that Demba Tiyana of Banija absolutely crushed like a bug. Considering the circumstances, 4th is brilliant and Qin will surely take the 7 points here.

Women's 200m
Poor Ons Kalifa, right? Here she was again, competing in the 200 this time, and just not making the final by a few tenths. Surely, something good has to happen to her, right?

Women's 400m and 800m
Marta Rodrigues was looking like she was heading down the same direction as Ons as she failed to qualify for the 400 final by a tenth of a second, but she would make up for all that in the 800. She not only managed a sub-2-minute time, but she qualified as one of the fastest losers by only 3 hundredths. She would take advantage of that to take 4th in the final, missing out on the podium via a photo finish with Sarah Vanecek. Not bad at all!

Women's Triple Jump
We'll get to the long jump last but first, we need to check in with Kendra Carter-Steele in the Triple Jump. She was never going to win this one, not with Chidimma Nkechi jumping the way she was, but she was consistently 3rd from the get-go and her best of 14.77 was enough to get that bronze and 8 points overall.

Women's Long Jump
Now then, let's finally talk about the debut of Darya Maslova. She was competing in this Long Jump Final looking to get some good points on the board but when she pulled out a 6.93 on her 2nd jump, 1 cm ahead of the early leader in Katie Phillips, everyone was absolutely stunned...even Darya herself! She couldn't better that all day, which was fine, but her long wait to see if anyone could was certainly painful. Marceline Castaignede only managed 6.85, Eirwen Beckett was 6.84 and, on the final round, Akuchi Fumnanya came close...but it was 6.87. Once Phillips failed in her attempt to overhaul her, the only thing Darya could manage in her final jump was a tearful jump into the sandpit itself. TJUN-ia had 10-points at last and it was Darya Maslova of all people who managed it. It certainly was our greatest moment so far and combine that with our field performances in Round 1, it seems that TJUN-ia true home may be on the field and not on the track.

TJUN-ia is now officially an Athletics Nation and from here, there is no going back. Round 3 will be in Serone, Juvencus for the San Marco Games, where everyone will be hoping our first win can be added to by the First 20.
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

United Adaikes
Envoy

Founded: Feb 11, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby United Adaikes » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:37 am

Ewart wins high jump in Danvirk

In the second meet of the Global Athletics Tour, the Thunder Cup in Danvirk, The Cordian Isles, Berto Ewart bagged gold in the men’s high jump event. The 20-year-old clinched 1st place when Eshian Trey Newmont and Juven Damien Tafani could not jump over 2.31m after the three of them jumped successfully over 2.29m. It is the first win of an Adaikesian in an Athletics event of any competition.

While Milo Audley (men’s 100m) and Therese Lynton (women’s 100m) were inches away to reach the final stage of their respective events in Münzenbruck, Paxton Silva (men’s 800m) and Charity Read (women’s 100m) advanced to the final stage of their events. However, they did not achieve a podium finish. Paxton finished 2nd in the 1st Heat and 7th in the final stage, while Charity finished 3rd in the 1st Heat and 6th in the final stage.

30-year-old Joanna Santiago also had the highest non-podium finish from the Adaikesians, ending at 4th place in the women’s triple jump event. Other non-podium finishes that did not go through heats were from Dan Hershey (men’s pole vault, 5th place), Toño Dodge (men’s 1500m, 6th place), and Veronica Lukeson (women’s 1500m, 9th place).

Adaikesians appear in the overall standings after those qualifications and podiums, hoping they will not lose their places while being consistent in their events.

On the following athletics meet, the United Adaikes will send 11 delegates to the San Pietro Games in Juvencus, the most they will send in the Global Athletics Tour. It will be the first of the two times that they will be sending 11 delegates to a meet of the Global Athletics Tour. The second time will be during the Eshialand International Games. The United Adaikes Athletics Track and Field Association Head Haven Quincy is optimistic about having more athletes appearing in the final overall standings and podiums.
Last edited by United Adaikes on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:56 pm

A new Olympic ambition II

The first two meets of the Global Athletics Tour have been a resounding success for the Dragonfly Archipelago! The aim was to compete - the results tell us there's more on the cards.
In Münzenbruck:
Lineonu Zirsonagun established himself as a force on the 100m, Intherul Dharmanthaunten (KOR) impressed on the 200m.
Norihide Harada competed with the best in the high jump, and Norbonesu Heltanthinen was the best in the long jump.
We had more champions: Liskina Waterpeer won the 100m.
Mabe Heerlinde came second in the 200m, Rui Tamaki also came second, but in the 400m, and Najagana Collembee had the same spot on the podium on the 1500m.

The expectations were a lot higher for the second meet, while other delegations tried to repair what seemed broken after the first meet. A handful of delegations simply expected more, especially those with active Olympic committees.

In Danvirk:
Myulla Pidegul came third in the 400m, Micha Demaret won the 800m, and Faergws yIoganmac came second in the 1500m.
Sonosa Melerinden came second in the 100m.

We would've settled for worse results at the start of the Münzenbruck meet, and yet, here we are. It seems our results in Danvirk were down - but there were simply far fewer Ko-orenites active. Most athletes made it to the final of their discipline, but often failed to break the top three.

Gehrenna
Not only is Gehrenna the name of one of the capital cities, it's also the name of a province - that the city of Gehrenna isn't in. Instead, Gehrenna is an old name for Ko-oren, and the old name stuck for a province in the centre of Ko-oren, that has been under direct control of the capital cities for centuries. The province is mid-sized with a sizeable, but not massive, population. Previously, all of the central plains of the mainland shared the provincial name, but since the border change, the rural areas were separated from the cities. The latter are now known as 'The Corridor', while the rural areas continue to be called Gehrenna.

Historically, Gehrenna is a relatively unimportant stretch of land, under control of the capital cities, in charge of supplying the capitals with food and labour. It is close enough to the Capitals to supply it, though nowadays the region is overtaken by the Domains, Springlands, and Leeshire in terms of food production. Gehrenna's overreliance on a few rivers, and having all major cities located on it, meant that yields were reliable, albeit small, with little agricultural activity outside of the narrow strip around the rivers. The rest of the province has been great for forestry, which caused problems for the landscape, which have only been resolved in the last century.

Most of Gehrenna's favourite sports teams operate out of Willowbourne, or Idyllwild, or Norille, Anarcourt... or any other major city - which are in the Corridor. That leaves actual Gehrenna with some teams in cricket (its teams playing across the regional leagues of Leeshire, Eastern Surbourneshire, as well as Willowbourne), baseball (minor league), rugby union (teams at the second and third level), and soccer - Huthwich Et Iduloren FC, a team that has plateaued out at the second level, making it the pride of the province by far. No Gehrennan teams play at the highest level, its teams only enjoying local support with small spectator figures. Again, Huthwich Et Iduloren is the odd one out, as it serves part of the city of Willowbourne, as well as a huge part of the Corridor, Gehrenna, and even has fans in the Capital cities.

The governor of the old Gehrenna made the jump to the Corridor. In their place, a governor was installed that answers to the rural nature of the region, with a very clear focus on the economy of the capital cities. Its population is traditionally meritocratic, economically prudent, and somewhat conservative.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Hopal
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hopal » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:26 pm

The Hopal Herald Sports
The First International Thunder Cup, the Second Stop on the Global Athletics Tour Comes to an End with Many Hopeful Hopalian Performances

The Thunder Cup in Danvirk of the Cordian Isles, the second stop on the Global Athletics Tour concluded in spectacle after a 5 hour meet watched by 85,000 fans packed into the Danvirk Castle. And although the meet was widely considered a success it opened on the backdrop of mounting pressure against the Global Athletics Tour after awarding the fifth stop of the Tour to the town of Timantirkas, Nykipiflugpuu. The decision to award the stop to the town was mired in controversy as the region of Nykipiflugpuu, a constituent state of the Abovian Union suffers through the deteriorating political crisis following the disappearance of their leader Heikki Myyrsistõlisyysttästäjä. Whose regime was plagued with alleged human rights violations. The region has now fallen into anarchy with many basic needs now unprovided for with many reports from the region claiming frequent power outages, unusable internet connections, gas and oil shortages worse than usual, and a complete collapse of public services spanning healthcare, education, and law enforcement. The situation led to the Abovian government to announce an immediate interim takeover of the region through an organization called MISTANYK, the Abovian Mission for the Stability of Nykipiflugpuu. But the organization has been dogged by scandal and seems to be deeply unpopular in the region itself with the takeover being an invasion by local activists in the region. The organization's image was not helped by the resignation of one of the members of the ruling council of the region after an audio leak where he claimed that the region was "a dump" and "worse than we all expected". With the decision to award the 5th stop on the Global Athletics Tour to the town of Timantirkas, Nykipiflugpuu to be held in a yet to be build indoor stadium the organization has been accused as "sportswashing" by the Liventians Against Tyrannical Regimes In Nations Everywhere, an accusation the GAT refutes. The Hopalian Olympic Committee and Hopalian Athletics Association have both declined to comment and have not released any official statement regarding the matter.

But the Thunder Cup seemed to be a success for the GAT and many Hopalians had a good day in Danvirk, with the standout performance seeming to come from Keirin Banks in the Men's 110 Metre Hurdles. After a disappointing Olympics where he didn't make it out of the preliminary rounds he was determined to do well and make his mark here in Danvirk, and he did that. He had competing in athletics and track and field events since he was a little kid, he was a talented kid who did both running and jumping events, specializing in the 400m and the high jump and he even entered a few decathlon tournaments when he was younger. But he didn't discover hurdling until he was in high school and was introduced to it by his high school athletics coach and decided to try it out after a bet with his coach and a few of his friends, and he found out that he did quite well, winning the bet that found successful jump over all ten hurdles. His coach found that he had more raw talent in hurdling than he had in any other event and encouraged him to focus on it, and reluctantly he did and with the help of his coach he developed into one of the best hurdlers in the country, certainly the best at his level. After he graduated from High School he joined the Hopalian Athletics Association and 4 years later he would be competing at the Olympics. But as stated earlier he had a rather disappointing Olympics, and came into Danvirk Castle seeking to avenge that loss. He was energetic and ready at the starting line for Heat 2, barely able to contain his feelings while waiting for the gun to go off, and he had a bit of an uneasy start. But he soon picked himself up again and felt a surge of energy approaching the first hurdle, and he hopped over it with minimal difficulty. He was right in the pack by the second hurdle and soon established a fast and steady pace running and jumping over the hurdles over the next eight hurdles. By the he had hurdled the last hurdle he was well ahead of the rest of the pack except for Yves Tosi of Juvencus, they were neck and neck in the final stretch and Banks sprinted with all his might to cross the finish line in first after a photo finish with a time of 13.17. Banks still seemed to have some energy left going into the Final he looked energetic and excited at the starting line going into the final, but he seemed to be trying to be more focused at the starting line as his longtime coach, yes his high school coach looked on. When the gun went off he was off and it was close and all of the competitors were neck and neck at the first hurdle. But as the the hurdlers began hurdling, which Banks did with ease, though perhaps not as fast as he intended, a group of Keirin Banks, Brodie Merchant of Cordia, Yves Tosi of Juvencus, and Raúl Romero of Sargossa began to break off and after the final hurdle, they were the ones neck and neck and in the lead. They all charged to the finish line with all of their energy, it was close but it was Brodie Merchant who gradually inched into the lead and would cross that finish line in first while Banks wouldn't have the energy to beat out the other three. The hometown hero won in a race for the ages while Banks got fourth with a time of 13.12. Though that placing would get him 7 points and tied for 7th place.
A Nation in South America, comprised of indigenous tribes, immigrants, French and Portuguese settlers, and European Socialists.
Representative Greg Shields (D-CA-28) [Twilight's Last Gleaming]

Eshialand
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Eshialand » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:05 pm

Logistically Speaking...

"You want to use the SuperDome for... what exactly?"
"It's simple," EAA President Richard Plessy told Henry Desmond, Director of the Public Venues Portfolio of the Eshian Department of Sporting Affairs, the legal controller of the Eshialand City SuperDome as well as other, well, public venues. "The Liventian Athletics Federation is putting on a Global Athletics Tour, and I was thinking of bringing an event to Eshialand!"
"Why?"
"Think of the prestige!"
"Why?"
"The home fans would love to cheer on our boys and girls!"
"I'll only ask you one more time: why?"
"Do you want me to show you a financial breakdown of the event and how much money it will put into the treasury?"
"I'd prefer you just tell me the number, if that's quite alright."
"This is just a rough estimate, but 75,000 seats times $25 per seat equals $1.875 million! Before expenses, of course."
"And how much will these expenses be, Mr. Plessy?"
"Not important... Anyway, so do we have a deal?"
"Do I have a choice?"
"The event's in three weeks and tickets are already sold out, so..."

Wait, did you think this was a flashback? No no no, Richard Plessy isn't one to ask for permission!

"Well then, I guess we'll just have to do this, now won't we." Director Desmond replied, exasperated at the EAA President's decision to wait so long before notifying him. Perhaps if he had only given more advance notice, the director would have said yes instead of simply being forced into allowing it to go through, but there was nothing he could change about the past. All he could do was make the future as painless as possible.

(he/him/any/all)

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:23 am

Cutoff for Meet 3.
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:38 am

San Pietro Games
Serone, Juvencus

Men’s 100m
Heat 1
1 Acinonício Iubato (NTN) 10.01 Q
2 Vincent Syret (ESH) 10.03 Q
3 Emmet Morrison (CBR) 10.04 Q
4 Pete Norris (LEN) 10.08 q
5 Warren Oquendo (UAD) 10.11 q
6 Isaak Kekkonen (NYK) 10.15
7 Raúl Fonseca (SRG) 10.28
8 Ermolaos Makris (AKE) 10.34

Heat 2
1 Ryan Bergstrom (ESH) 9.96 Q
2 Yancy Tucker (BOL) 9.99 Q
3 Laurence Grosjean (LEN) 10.04 Q
4 Maurice Martin (KRY) 10.17
5 Robert Sarkisian (KRY) 10.18
6 Yves Tosi (JUE) 10.26
7 Jordan Willis (BRI) 10.40
8 Mordecai Odoyo (BNJ) 10.43
9 Chris Gaze (BRO) 11.11

Final
1 Vincent Syret (ESH) 9.95 MR
2 Emmet Morrison (CBR) 10.03
3 Ryan Bergstrom (ESH) 10.05
4 Yancy Tucker (BOL) 10.05
5 Pete Norris (LEN) 10.09
6 Laurence Grosjean (LEN) 10.13
7 Warren Oquendo (UAD) 10.17
8 Acinonício Iubato (NTN) 10.17

Men’s 110m hurdles
Heat 1
1 Ian Bowen (LEN) 13.07 Q
2 Cliff Liston (AQL) 13.09 Q
3 Kevin Hessel (KRY) 13.10 Q
4 Deji Yekini (CBR) 13.29 q
5 Vasvasvas Oparaskevás (SKD) 13.39 q
6 Eka Sapta Wirawan (PCU) 13.45
7 Felix Spielmann (SWR) 13.60
8 Elyad Bennani (RWH) 13.71

Heat 2
1 Chidike Ezinwa (CBR) 13.10 Q
2 Léo Colbert (KOR) 13.14 Q
3 Jaye Harmon (UAD) 13.39 Q
4 Isaak Kekkonen (NYK) 13.46
5 Fathur Rahmada (PCU) 13.56
6 Hayk Kasparyan (AKE) 13.59
7 Amedeo Deniaud (JUE) 13.93
— Siimon Salonen (ABL) DQ

Final
1 Léo Colbert (KOR) 13.16 MR
2 Ian Bowen (LEN) 13.17
3 Kevin Hessel (KRY) 13.21
4 Cliff Liston (AQL) 13.23
5 Deji Yekini (CBR) 13.30
6 Jaye Harmon (UAD) 13.49
7 Chidike Ezinwa (CBR) 13.56
8 Vasvasvas Oparaskevás (SKD) 13.70

Men’s 200m
Heat 1
1 Evaggelos Pithagoras Scorsone (AKE) 20.06 Q
2 Landon Guval (HOP) 20.12 Q
3 Artemas Wasawo (BNJ) 20.40 Q
4 Acinônico Jubado (NTN) 20.50 q
5 Edgar Albertsen (COR) 20.61
6 Milo Audley (UAD) 20.68
7 Tim Timson (KGS) 20.81
8 Amedeo Deniaud (JUE) 21.00

Heat 2
1 Edvin Lundgaard (ABL) 20.09 Q
2 Pete Norris (LEN) 20.14 Q
3 Indra Pramudhya (PCU) 20.22 Q
4 Chris Gaze (BRO) 20.46 q
5 Finn Peter (COR) 20.54
6 Nikolaos Evagorou (AKE) 20.56
7 Diederic Zuiddoorn (KOR) 20.65
8 Noble Richeknbacker (BRI) 20.92

Final
1 Edvin Lundgaard (ABL) 19.92 MR
2 Pete Norris (LEN) 20.03
3 Evaggelos Pithagoras Scorsone (AKE) 20.25
4 Artemas Wasawo (BNJ) 20.30
5 Landon Guval (HOP) 20.41
6 Chris Gaze (BRO) 21.13
7 Indra Pramudhya (PCU) 21.15
— Acinônico Jubado (NTN) DNF

Men’s 400m
Heat 1
1 Jonas Matsen (ABL) 44.61 Q
2 Evaggelos Pithagoras Scorsone (AKE) 45.06 Q
3 Duwa Touray (BNJ) 45.09 Q
4 Troy Griffin (BOL) 45.17 q
5 Mark Garrison (HOP) 45.80
6 John Davidson (KIL) 45.86
7 Bakhitar Duyshobekov (TJU) 46.01
8 Yusurüm Keftés (SKD) 47.88

Heat 2
1 Fernando Alcoron (TJU) 44.70 Q
2 Roald Andersen-Synnevag (ABL) 44.75 Q
3 Joe Allison (HAN) 45.38 Q
4 Agnar Bentley (COR) 45.58 q
5 Márcus Mihailescu (NTN) 45.78
6 Hannes Meitner (SWR) 45.79
7 Rashad Demps (RWH) 48.09

Final
1 Agnar Bentley (COR) 44.61 MR
2 Troy Griffin (BOL) 44.70
3 Roald Andersen-Synnevag (ABL) 44.71
4 Duwa Touray (BNJ) 45.14
5 Evaggelos Pithagoras Scorsone (AKE) 45.26
6 Jonas Matsen (ABL) 45.42
7 Joe Allison (HAN) 45.60
8 Fernando Alcoron (TJU) 45.92

Men’s 800m
Heat 1
1 Luis Strauss (SWR) 1:43.93 Q
2 Demyelin Ating (KGS) 1:44.24 Q
3 Nicholas Bellier (KRY) 1:44.58 Q
4 Demba Tiyana (BNJ) 1:46.65
5 Sam Dorchester (BRI) 1:47.13
6 Chibueze Enwonwu (CBR) 1:48.79
7 Garry Tomlinson (RWH) 1:49.59

Heat 2
1 Korkoldan Tedharinden (KOR) 1:43.58 Q
2 Putu Juni Artha (PCU) 1:43.59 Q
3 Jackson Carr (HOP) 1:43.90 Q
4 Nino Berg (SWR) 1:45.08 q
5 Milton Araujo (KIL) 1:45.24 q
6 Laios Anoverou (AKE) 1:51.05

Final
1 Nicholas Bellier (KRY) 1:43.53 TR, MR
2 Luis Strauss (SWR) 1:43.57
3 Putu Juni Artha (PCU) 1:43.77
4 Nino Berg (SWR) 1:44.31
5 Demyelin Ating (KGS) 1:44.89
6 Korkoldan Tedharinden (KOR) 1:44.93
7 Jackson Carr (HOP) 1:44.93
8 Milton Araujo (KIL) 1:45.80

Men’s 1500m
Final
1 Konstantin Wagner (SWR) 3:30.35 MR
2 Esteban Arroyo (AQL) 3:30.39
3 Sam Dorchester (BRI) 3:30.50
4 Samuel Curbelo (SRG) 3:30.65
5 Jem Arrington (BOL) 3:31.92
6 John Francis (KIL) 3:32.21
7 Roald Andersen-Synnevag (ABL) 3:32.41
8 Putu Darma Ginada (PCU) 3:32.62
9 Andreas Müller (SWR) 3:32.73
10 Markos Happilopoulos (AKE) 3:33.61
11 Paxton Silva (UAD) 3:33.91

Men’s high jump
Final
1 Bale Seven (KGS) o o o o o o o xxx 2.31 MR
2 Simon Matias (AQL) o o o o xo o xxx 2.29
3 Ransford Mörschel (BRO) o o xo o o xo xxx 2.29
4 Kunnar Makyy-Kaljurand (NYK) o o o o xxx 2.24
5 Antonio Roberto Correa (KIL) o o xo xo xxx 2.24
6 Dominikos Pakis (SKD) o o xxx 2.15

Men’s long jump
Final
1 Heikki Korpela (ABL) X 8.27 X 8.43 8.23 X 8.43 MR
2 Mohammad Jeddha (TJU) X 8.11 8.24 8.27 8.29 8.23 8.29
3 Noël Cochet (LEN) X 7.96 8.03 X 8.28 X 8.28
4 Lukman Jayadi (PCU) X 8.02 7.78 8.22 X X 8.22
5 Candide Carnevale (JUE) 7.98 8.20 X 7.97 7.99 X 8.20
6 Arsenal McGriffin (BRI) X X 7.97 7.93 7.64 X 7.97

Men’s pole vault
Final
1 Florian Hofer (SWR) o o o o o o o xo xo o o xo xxo o xxo o xxx 6.00 MR
2 Kúlis Kakás (SKD) o o o o xo o o xo o o o xxo o xxx 5.88
3 Christian Warra (TJU) o o xo o o o xo o o xxo xo xo xo xxx 5.88
4 Aarohon Ghosh (BRO) o o o o o xo o o o o o o xxx 5.83
5 William Costello (KRY) o o o xo o xo o xxx 5.58
6 Francois Lemetre (BRI) o xxo o xxx 5.38

Men’s triple jump
Final
1 Nigel Rowlands (KRY) 17.15 X 17.65 X 17.06 17.69 17.69 TR, MR
2 De'ron Sands (AQL) 17.38 X 17.18 17.45 X X 17.45
3 Tommy Barker (LEN) 17.20 17.09 17.22 17.18 17.43 16.74 17.43
4 Luis Andino (SRG) X 17.07 17.42 16.88 16.63 17.15 17.42
5 Súlis Kakás (SKD) 17.32 X 16.94 X 16.60 16.57 17.32
6 Bennett Kynaston (UAD) 17.05 16.62 X 16.72 16.99 16.66 17.05

Women’s 100m
Heat 1
1 Dewa Ayu Wiranti (PCU) 10.71 Q
2 Lila Kofa (AKE) 10.86 Q
3 Conceio Oliveria (KIL) 10.97 Q
4 Hannah von Mistelrau (SWR) 11.17 q
5 Suzanne Burns (BOL) 11.40
6 Irma Nunez (KRY) 11.49
7 Mihaela Numésio (NTN) 11.55
8 Axristia Axristiou (SKD) 11.74

Heat 2
1 Eshe Ikpeazu (CBR) 10.79 Q
2 Janie Kellar (ESH) 11.06 Q
3 Iktamila Sorajangga (PCU) 11.10 Q
4 Melpo Hatziavati (AKE) 11.34 q
5 Mya Barker (HAN) 11.40
6 Ayana Desmond (ESH) 11.43
7 Bianca Castaphiore (KIL) 11.72

Final
1 Eshe Ikpeazu (CBR) 10.67 TR, MR
2 Janie Kellar (ESH) 10.71
3 Conceio Oliveria (KIL) 11.06
4 Iktamila Sorajangga (PCU) 11.20
5 Lila Kofa (AKE) 11.28
6 Dewa Ayu Wiranti (PCU) 11.28
7 Hannah von Mistelrau (SWR) 11.32
8 Melpo Hatziavati (AKE) 11.38

Women’s 100m hurdles
Heat 1
1 Madelynn Boyce (UAD) 12.72 Q
2 Eva McCormick (LEN) 12.86 Q
3 Cayla Cambage (BRO) 12.87 Q
4 Carmen Pearce (LEN) 12.97
5 Nita Jeppesen (COR) 13.07
6 Channing Scrivener (UAD) 13.12
— Sotiria Labrianidou (SKD) DNF

Heat 2
1 Helena Calton (TJU) 12.43 Q, TR, MR
2 Katja Lovenko (ABL) 12.54 Q
3 Ruth Edwards (LEN) 12.75 Q
4 Andrea Houghit (BRI) 12.76 q
5 Claudia Rivero (KIL) 12.82 q
6 London Boyd (RWH) 12.97

Final
1 Ruth Edwards (LEN) 12.67
2 Eva McCormick (LEN) 12.68
3 Helena Calton (TJU) 12.71
4 Madelynn Boyce (UAD) 12.74
5 Claudia Rivero (KIL) 12.78
6 Katja Lovenko (ABL) 12.81
7 Andrea Houghit (BRI) 12.84
— Cayla Cambage (BRO) DNF

Women’s 200m
Heat 1
1 Viktoria Buttmann (SWR) 22.24 Q
2 Melissa James (HOP) 22.29 Q
3 Ágata dos Santos (NTN) 22.33 Q
4 Prudence Madhuku (AQL) 22.83
5 Therese Lynton (UAD) 22.90
6 Morgana Kassiopi (AKE) 23.10
7 Dewa Ayu Wiranti (PCU) 23.22
— Gina Chaud (RWH) DNF

Heat 2
1 Katja Lovenko (ABL) 22.46 Q
2 Linette Devin (COR) 22.48 Q
3 Axristia Axristiou (SKD) 22.52 Q
4 Juliet Byrd (COR) 22.54 q
5 Beatriz Calhoun (AQL) 22.69 q
6 Scarlett Woods (HAN) 22.93
7 Unisys Harriet (RWH) 23.44
8 Carol Marks (BRI) 23.69

Final
1 Beatriz Calhoun (AQL) 22.25 MR
2 Katja Lovenko (ABL) 22.31
3 Melissa James (HOP) 22.47
4 Linette Devin (COR) 22.60
5 Viktoria Buttmann (SWR) 22.67
6 Axristia Axristiou (SKD) 23.02
7 Ágata dos Santos (NTN) 23.05
8 Juliet Byrd (COR) 23.07

Women’s 400m
Heat 1
1 Mafalda Fosse (JUE) 50.47 Q
2 Alexandra Moss (LEN) 50.67 Q
3 Kristen Moran (BOL) 50.95 Q
4 Ivanna Secada (SRG) 51.45 q
5 Michele Petipoi (TJU) 51.88
6 Chantelle Gilmour (BRO) 54.86
7 Ágata dos Santos (NTN) 55.02

Heat 2
1 Sotiria Labrianidou (SKD) 50.35 Q
2 Hilde Joonasen (ABL) 50.94 Q
3 Sara yAwbar (KOR) 51.26 Q
4 Canakuri Padurmoha (PCU) 51.47 q
5 Caroline Haynes (BRO) 51.78
6 Nicole Stamou (AKE) 52.22
7 Márcia da Silva (NTN) 52.35
8 Rebecca Michell (BRO) 53.19

Final
1 Alexandra Moss (LEN) 50.00 TR, MR
2 Hilde Joonasen (ABL) 50.20
3 Ivanna Secada (SRG) 50.35
4 Sotiria Labrianidou (SKD) 50.84
5 Kristen Moran (BOL) 50.88
6 Sara yAwbar (KOR) 50.97
7 Canakuri Padurmoha (PCU) 51.21
8 Mafalda Fosse (JUE) 51.24

Women’s 800m
Heat 1
1 Georgina Tomlinson (BRI) 1:59.46 Q
2 Victoria Cunningham (KRY) 1:59.50 Q
3 Aboyo Amondi (BNJ) 1:59.74 Q
4 Marlena Diemberger (SWR) 2:00.35
5 Cornelia Ctun (KGS) 2:00.76
6 Phyllis Hennessey (KRY) 2:02.05
7 Eb Terratus (KGS) 2:04.05

Heat 2
1 Catarina Andrade (SRG) 1:56.93 Q
2 María Fernanda Dávalos (SRG) 1:57.29 Q
3 Vashti Oigo (BNJ) 1:57.77 Q
4 Sophia Auer (SWR) 1:58.29 q
5 Canakuri Padurmoha (PCU) 1:58.61 q
6 Veronica Lukeson (UAD) 1:58.63
7 Fernanda Adami (JUE) 1:59.19

Final
1 Catarina Andrade (SRG) 1:57.82 MR
2 Canakuri Padurmoha (PCU) 1:58.27
3 Aboyo Amondi (BNJ) 1:58.34
4 Victoria Cunningham (KRY) 1:58.34
5 María Fernanda Dávalos (SRG) 1:58.39
6 Sophia Auer (SWR) 1:58.49
7 Georgina Tomlinson (BRI) 1:59.14
8 Vashti Oigo (BNJ) 1:59.52

Women’s 1500m
Final
1 Amaogechukwu Madu (BNJ) 3:57.44 MR
2 Michele Petipoi (TJU) 3:59.77
3 Imla Opondo (BNJ) 4:01.61
4 Sirin Terratus (KGS) 4:03.03
5 Dorcas Abong'o (BNJ) 4:03.13
6 Mathildi Karakosta (AKE) 4:03.61
7 Galicia Arceo (KOR) 4:03.61
8 Elena Scarlet (KIL) 4:05.59
9 Daniella Restat (ESH) 4:06.31
10 Emanuella Yepes (SRG) 4:07.37
11 Remington Hill (BOL) 4:08.67
12 Keniangely Avila (AQL) 4:10.27

Women’s high jump
Final
1 Steff Mooney (LEN) o o o o o o o xo o o xo xo xo xo xo xxx 2.05 TR, MR
2 Olivia Tymoshenko (ABL) o o o o o o o xxo o xxo xo o xxx 2.02
3 Onyekachi Okparra (BNJ) o o o o xxo o o o xxo xxo o xxx 2.01
4 Martina Kiri (AKE) o o o o o o xxo xxx 1.93
5 Anasthesia Hemiparesis (KGS) o o o o xxo xxx 1.87
6 Lisa Mary (RWH) o o o o xxx 1.84
7 Denis Neves (KIL) o o o xo xxx 1.84
8 Katriona Snell (UAD) o o o xxx 1.80
May Anderson (KIL) o o o xxx 1.80

Women’s long jump
Final
1 Serafina Brunke (SWR) 6.86 X 6.82 6.57 6.63 6.94 6.94 TR, MR
2 Trish Pearce (COR) 6.84 6.79 6.86 6.84 6.73 6.90 6.90
3 Larissa Stern (SWR) 6.76 X 6.74 6.81 6.81 X 6.81
4 Ioana Numídio (NTN) 6.52 6.70 6.58 X X 5.80 6.70
5 Ruth Craig (AQL) 6.55 X 6.51 X X 6.68 6.68
6 Rhea Keller (KRY) X X 6.65 X 6.56 6.59 6.65
7 Caitlyn Lovell (UAD) 6.52 X X 6.52

Women’s pole vault
Final
1 Natalia Reyes (SRG) o o o o o o o o o xo xo xo o o xxx 4.74 TR, MR
2 Venetia H Xodri (SKD) o xo xo xo xo xo xo o xo xxo o xo xxx 4.70
3 Lilly Thalmann (SWR) o o o o o o xo o xo xo o xxx 4.67
4 Ekene Okoli (CBR) o o o o o o o o xxx 4.56
5 Alia Perish (RWH) o o xxo o o xxx 4.41
— Mihaela Hagi (NTN) xxx NM

Women’s triple jump
Final
1 Taylor Hill (HAN) 14.22 X 15.00 15.33 14.61 14.77 15.33 TR, MR
2 Jenna Seekamp (BRO) 15.32 15.31 14.52 X 14.87 14.37 15.32
3 Iktakamna Karsimoha (PCU) X 14.56 X 15.17 14.31 X 15.17
4 Holly Fitzgerald (LEN) 14.50 15.13 13.63 15.04 14.52 X 15.13
5 Laila Vatenfall (BRI) 14.00 X 14.83 X X 14.60 14.83
6 Mireille Giuliani (JUE) 14.60 X 14.39 14.25 14.59 14.68 14.68
7 Sandra Martinescu (NTN) 13.56 14.04 13.82 14.04

TR - Tour Record
MR - Meet Record (registered on GAT)
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:02 pm

Welcome to Neverend! That rhymes with "Reverend".

The two-time Winter Olympics host city welcomes athletes on the Global Athletic Tour to this city set in the mountains which began life as a small ski resort town. The Stade Grande Olympique, which has held the ceremonies at both the 7th and 14th Winter Olympics, plays host to the Neverend Grand Prix athletics meet (not to be confused with the motor race at Neverend's Gold Park Circuit, sometimes called the Neverend Grand Prix). That'd be pretty confusing, to have track athletes racing in cars.

Neverend started off as a small ski resort town, but has gradually boomed over the years, and was declared to be a city by an act of Parliament in 2149. Despite its status as a city, Neverend has no currently-operating civilian airport (the Kenneth G Hardweiss World Airport, opened for the Seventh Winter Olympics, has since been turned into an air force base); the closest international airport is a 50-minute drive away in the former national capital of City Centre.

Athletes and officials will fly into the City Centre Patrick Danahue International Airport, named after the late assassinated former Prime Minister, and be provided with transport to designated hotels in Neverend.

Neverend, which at a metropolitan area of 281 sq. km is the smallest city in the country, has its own metro train and public bus system. There are three major shopping centres in the city, all located within a 15-minute walk of the Olympic Stadium. A whole host of nightclubs, bars and restaurants are also available in the city.

There is a total ban on outdoor public smoking and outdoor public drinking, including in bars and restaurants. In Neverend, there is a (redundant) specific ban on smoking within 500 metres of an educational institution, and a ban on drinking within 1 km of one. The drugs trade is banned, although casual use is not actively policed. The minimum age for smoking and drinking in the country is 17. Firearms are banned, although athletes requiring the use of firearms for biathlon events are granted a waiver to carry and import their weapons.

During the meet, the weather will not be overly cold despite being at altitude – expect temperatures in the mid-teens, falling to 10-11°C in the evening. To counter the cooler temperatures in the evening, the meet will be held entirely in the daytime.
Last edited by Liventia on Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Слава Україні!

Aboveland
Ambassador

Postby Aboveland » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:20 am

MISTANYK: Stable Power Restored to 70% of Nykipiflugpuu; Timantirkaan Sporttirakennus "Almost Ready"
Just a few weeks since the arrival of the Mission for the Stability of Nykipiflugpuu in Timantirkas, the ruling council has announced that around 70% of the archipelago, mostly concentrated on the main island of Suhuryysosaaremaa, has had stable electricity restored, in time for the darkening months of the year. In addition, construction of the indoor sporting venue which will host the Nykipiflugpuun Ihmyysporttityrnyy has reportedly been advancing steadily.

VANKKAVALTA - MISTANYK's periodic updates have reached Vankkavalta with encouraging news as to the state of the Arctic archipelago of Nykipiflugpuu. The interventional council's latest report has announced the restoration of power to the majority of the main island of Suhuryysosaaremaa, thanks to the reconditioning of the main coal-fired power station in Myyrsi and the refurbishing of hundreds of kilometers of high-voltage power lines. Additionally, MISTANYK has established a mobile team of handymen which, through door-to-door visits across Timantirkas and the north of the main island, have taken to repairing older, failing generators used by Nykipiks to power their homes and shops using walrus oil as fuel.

Construction of TImantirkaan Sporttirakennus, the indoor sporting facility built to host Nykipiflugpuu's round of the Global Athletics Tour, has also been advancing steadily, officials have reported. Though construction never seemed to have fallen behind schedule, the pace has accelerated in the previous weeks as the event draws nearer. The low-capacity facility, estimated to hold around six thousand people, is awaiting the installation of HVAC systems to complete the construction process, with the structure, the track, and the inside of the field, used for the high, long and triple jump events, already finished. Arne Kuadonvaara, head of the Abovian Olympic Committee, admitted not having visited Timantirkas yet, but sustained that "the reports of the state of the Timantirkas stadium are credible and have been supported by photographic evidence."

The main airport in Nykipiflugpuu, Timantirkaan Lentokeendumispaikka, has also been expanded with temporary customs facilities to ease the entry of sporting personnel into the country for the single-day event. Ulrika Savka, local head of MISTANYK, admitted that she is "very excited" to welcome the international community into Nykipiflugpuu "with open arms."

"I expect visitors to come for the tournament and stay for the beauty of Nykipiflugpuu," she said. "There's much to do here, for athletes and delegations to stay a little longer. We have a coffee shop, a park, and we may even organize excursions into the glaciers if there is demand." She was also eager to point out another early focus of the MISTANYK administration: "and the walrus farm!"

Savka did not directly reveal the plans for MISTANYK's redevelopment of the archipelago once the Ihmyysporttityrnyy has finished, but the focus of the mission is expected to shift fully towards rebuilding self-sustaining governmental and official institutions, such as reconditioning the sport and tourism promotion NTSB and the main national information service, Nykipfiflugpuun Valtakülikinfobullettaan.

Home to Terho Talvela, three-time WGPC World Champion, and one-time WSRC World Champion

Sargossa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Sargossa » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:22 am

SSM | Sargossan State Media

International Edition - Sport

SAA Look To Hold Middle(ish) Ground

Blanco Borrayo reports;

Sprinting has always been considered the glamour event of any athletics meet. It becomes the thrilling sub-ten second headline to days of exhaustion and effort. And sprinting has been an area in which Sargossa has traditionally excelled. Adriana Padilla’s 200m gold at the Fourth Summer Games in Aeropag, Paripana is arguably the moment that entrenched the popularity of the athletics events in the heart of the Sargossan public. Twelve years later, in Emberton, Krytenia, the sight of Maribal Varga in tears of disbelief after taking the 100m gold is regularly voted one of the nation’s favourite sporting moments of all time. It tends to vie for that spot with Matías Almeida’s record breaking 100m victory in Liventia four years after that. Almeida retained his title at the next Games in Zube, firmly establishing the nation as a major force in the sprints. But these spells of form rarely last forever.

Declining fortunes in the very quickest events would follow. Culminating in the sprint struggles we all saw recently at the Olympic Games along the Terranean Coast. Prior to a late hurrah in the Men’s 4 x 100m Relay the nation’s sprinters made very little impact in their respective events on either side of the gender divide. Prompting the Sargossan Athletics Authority (SAA) hierarchy to make the decision to shift the quick sprints from their previously unassailable position at the top of the priority tree. The 100m and 200m event would still, of course, be held in great importance. But the new principal focus for the coaching teams would be the 400m and 800m disciplines. Sargossan athletes had remained competitive throughout the 800m events in Electrum. And in the 400m events there were gold medals in the Men’s Flat and in both Men’s and Women’s Hurdles. So, the shift seemed a logical course of action.

But news of the death of the short distance sprinter in Sargossa doesn’t seem to have been passed on to Óscar López, whose 9.93 in his 100m heat at the Thunder Cup in Danvirk set a new meet record. Unfortunately, he couldn’t find that form in the final itself. But a second-place finish overall perhaps shows that Sargossan sprinting’s obituary may be a little premature. As did Raúl Romero’s third place in the 110m Hurdles. A third place for Talía Espinar in the Women’s 100m showed that there was life left in both sides of the team. That being said, the nation’s finest are still showing their love for a full lap or two of the track. In Danvik Verónica Alemán claimed Sargossa’s first track victory of the Global Athletics Tour in the Women’s 400m. And Catarina Andrade would secure the second in the Women’s 800m event in Serone. So Sargossa’s quickest may be showing encouraging signs of life but they still have some work to do to re-establish their events at the pinnacle of the nation’s track program.
Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

" . . . those dictatorship-loving thundertwats . . ."

Aboveland
Ambassador

Postby Aboveland » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:36 am

Report: Roof Collapse Kills Three, Covered Up by the Abovian Government

The Abovian occupying forces' irresponsible intervention in our country has already begun to take the lives of our fellow countrymen ! Three Nykipik heroes were killed yesterday evening when a section of the roof of the TImantirkaan Sporttirakennus collapsed during final assembly, as a gust of wind shook the structure and trapped Tauri Vaher, Eino Klavan, and Tarvi Ruutel under the steel structure. The Abovian news service, Ælunder Nyttispalvelu, refused to cover the event, and released an article earlier today claiming that the stadium was "almost finished", without a single mention of the incident ! Even worse, Ulrika Savka, our foreign champion of the revolution, also declined to comment, instead publicizing the TImantirkas walrus farm !

Remember, Nykipiflugpuu: these are injustices and atrocities which we must not forget, but we must not ruin the Sporttityrnyy for ourselves. We need this international sporting event to be seen, to be noticed, and for our struggles to be heard ! Continue resisting quietly until the event has passed. In this coming week, we must work harder than ever to ready the facilities for the event. Only we, the Nykipish people, have anything to gain and much to lose from this event.

Uulpeyhikyyt Nykimalainen !

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Set!: After 3, We Love Consistency!

Postby TJUN-ia » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:01 am

Two events in, and TJUN-ia's Athletics Team have shown that they can be consistent at the international level and, through the example of Darya Maslova, can even win an event on their day. With that in mind, we entered the 3rd GAT Event, the San Pedro Games in Juvencus, looking to add more good results to our season thus far.

Men's 400m
First up here in Serone was the Men's 400m, where we had two of our own in action for this event. Bakhitar Duyshobekov but couldn't do much, finishing 7th in his heat, but Fernando Alcoron won heat 2 with a 44.70. Sadly he couldn't do much in the final, finishing in last to secure 3 points.

Men's Long Jump and Pole Vault
I've decided to group both the Men's Field events together because they both tell a similar tale: TJUN-ia not elite, but good enough to make Top 3. Mohammad Jeddha was never going to catch up to the 8.43 set by Heikki Korpela but he will most certainly take 2nd, his 5th jump only 1 cm over Noël Cochet in 3rd. The Pole Vault saw Christian Warra go and get a good one out there too, completing a high of 5.88 to finish 3rd and behind Kúlis Kakás only on the number of faults.

Women's 100m Hurdles
To say Helena Calton's day was unexpected would be an understatement. She started her campaign in Heat 1 and instantly got a shock, winning her heat in a tour record by only 0.05 seconds. She would convert that into 3rd in the Final, behind only the Liventian duo of Edwards and McCormick, but she certainly got off to a brilliant start.

Women's 400m and 1500m
Finally, we must talk about Michele Petipois as she ended up doing double-duty here today. She was close to qualifying in the 400m heats, but it just wasn't to be. However, she well and truly made up for it in the 1500m race, finishing as the out-and-out best of the rest in 2nd while Amaogechukwu Madu ran away with it. Not bad at all!

Our first trip to Liventia is next for the Neverend Grand Prix, which will mark the return for most of the athletes that competed in the 1st Event in Münzenbruck. Who will get more points on the board and who will improve on their previous performance? Only time will tell...
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

The Cordian Isles
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cordian Isles » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:27 am

Ready

Set

BANG

He was out of the blocks not all-out sprinting but still managing a very fast pace. One that he’d practiced for years. And here he was, in his first big international race.

Eyes back on the track. He was in the sixth lane, not a good lane but not a bad lane either. That final curve could get a bit awkward in 6 though, with people coming up and possibly starting to pass.

Through the first curve and onto the straightaway. Struggling to maintain pace. He could push through pain more than others. That was why he was a great 400 runner.

He was having a hard time catching the guy in the 7th lane, though they’d already outrun the men in the 8th and 9th lanes.

Entering the final curve, he could sense someone coming up on his left.

Don’t look. Run your race.

Another prescience on his left. He hated when people were on his left and right and passing him, even out of competition.

Entering the straightaway, he was in fourth, a spot he held all the way to the end.

He went up to the stands before the final with the Cordian delegates, having secured a lucky loser qualifying spot. He never went out for local food, instead preferring to eat food he supplied himself. This ensured he got the nutrition he needed while reducing his chances of getting sick.

Lunch was chicken salad, pretty standard for him. He watched the other races, cheering for the other Cordians but not a paying a ton of attention. His focus was on the final.

The coach tapped him on the shoulder. “Your race is coming up soon, better get a warm up in.” He nodded, got up. His warmups consisted of a short run, various short-distance exercises, and a few sprints, followed by some stretching.

He then went down to the waiting room. The women’s 200m final was going on, which he could view on the screen mounted in the waiting room. His countrywoman, Juliet Byrd, had made the finals but a group of three, including her, made up the back of the pack and were not able to catch up.

Cordia hadn’t performed well up to that point in the meet. It was up to him to do well in this race.

Soon after that final, the call came to head out to the blocks. The runners’ names were announced, his name first, as he was in the innermost lane. The others were announced, the crowd quieted as the runners got down into the blocks.

Ready…

Set

BANG

He ran like a man possessed, passing the runner in third lane so quickly that Joe Allison, that runner, could be seen mouthing the words “what the hell?” on the replay, as he stood up from the starting position. Bu the first straightaway, he was in fifth, and close behind the middle-lane runners. Too close, at least for them. But he didn’t know this. He was running, not watching.

He took the lead in the straightaway, aided by both the curve of the track and a fast pace. He held the lead from there to the finish, despite late surges from Troy Griffin and Ronald Andersen-Synnevag which kept the race a close one.

Agnar Bentley has won the men’s 400-meter race!
Former Executive Director of Founderless
Former WLC Vice President
TSP Legislator
UDS Councillor
UDS Ambassador to TNP
R/Der of moderate skill
Last 16: WLC 38, WLC 39, CoH 83, WCoH 48
Quarterfinalists: BoF 77, WCoH 44, WCoH 45, WCoH 47, AOCAF 67, AOHC 9, AOHC 10
World Cup of Hockey 46 and Atlantean Oceania Hockey Championship 11 Champions!
My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of my regions unless explicitly stated otherwise.
THE CORDIAN ISLES ARE COLD.
Also known as NCE.

Cobrio
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 09, 2015

Postby Cobrio » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:40 pm

Ikpeazu sets record in women's 100 metres
Cobre sprinter Eshe Ikpeazu ran a 10.79 in the heats -- second fastest in the heats held in Serone - before rocketing out of the blocks in the final en route to a personal best and Global Athletics Tour record time of 10.67 seconds. "I'm so happy today," she beamed, post-race. "I've been getting closer and closer to sub-ten-seven for a long time but it just hadn't happened. But today... "

Ikpeazu's excellent race will indeed come as no surprise to some, who have watched the twenty-seven year old develop her technique over the years. "Eshe was very raw in the beginning," said former national 100 metres champion Robert Odum on last night's broadcast. "She has had to work very hard over the years to refine her technique, working with several coaches, and tonight it has paid off. The whole nation is smiling with her today."

Elsewhere, Emmet Morrison's 10.03 second time over the same distance was good enough for second place, behind Vincent Syret. "I can do better," Morrison said post-race. "But the points are good. I have to build on this next time, and just run my best race. That's how I make the final, that's how I can come out on top."

It was, however, a night to forget for Chidike Ezinwa. After winning his 110 metre hurdles heat with a respectable time of 13.10 seconds, he trailed fully 0.4 seconds behind the eventual winner, Léo Colbert, in the final. "I misjudged my stride on hurdle two and it threw off my entire race," Ezinwa admitted after the race. "But you can't dwell on these things. I just have to get back to it. Colbert ran a great race, but my time in the heats was faster, so I know I can beat him. I just have to actually do it." Fellow Cobre hurdler Deji Yekini, who qualified with the fastest time outside each heat's top three (13.29 seconds) produced a near identical race in the final, finishing fifth in 13.30 seconds. "I think I can reach another level still," he said. "It's all about the mentality in events like this."

The only other Cobre athletes in action last night were Chibueze Enwonwu -- whose time of 1:48.79 in the men's 800 metres saw him finish second last in his heat -- and Ekene Okoli, who topped out at 4.56 metres in the women's pole vault, equalling her personal best. Enwonwu blamed a "tight hamstring" for his performance being below expectations, while Okoli conceded that her competition on the night was simply on another level. Quite literally.
Finally free of the oppressive yoke of the Osarian Kingdom.

Eshialand
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Eshialand » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:14 pm

Random Passers-by

"Excitement for the upcoming Eshialand International Games, now three weeks away, is rising as the Department of Sporting Affairs prepares the Eshialand City SuperDome for the sixth stop on the Global Athletics Tour. I'm Josh Seametzle, live from just outside the stadium, here to gather comments and reactions from the public. Let's see who'll be willing to talk to me, shall we?"

"Hello, what's your name?"
"Jenna."
"So, how excited are you for the Eshialand International Games?"
"The what?"
"Okay, bad example. Let's see if anyone knows about it."

"Hello, and what's your name?"
"Andrew."
"Hello Andrew! So, have you heard about the Eshialand International Games?"
"Well, they're playing two weeks of Eshialance City Royals home matches in Yeshley Field and I couldn't get tickets, so I'm pretty mad at these games."
"Okay, that wasn't quite the reaction I was expecting... is there anyone out there who actually wants to watch?"

"Marie."
"Hello! So, how do you feel about the Eshialand International Games?"
"Oh, I'm just here on holiday... is this being recorded?"
"Yes, we're live!"
"I'd rather it not be, thanks."
"Oh... but we're live, so..."
"Are you saying I'm on TV right now and you didn't ask me permission?"
"Uh..." Josh runs away from Marie, fearing what might come next.

"Alexander."
"Nice to meet you! Have you heard about the Eshialand International Games?"
"Vaguely..."
"Do you know of any of the athletes participating?"
"No, not particularly..."
"Does the name Vincent Syret ring a bell?"
"No..."
"He just won the 100 meter dash in Serone..."
"I just said, no..."
"Huh. Well this set of passers-by have been absolute duds! Here for ENN, I've been Josh Seametzle, wishing I had a better set of strangers on the street!"
"Are you saying I'm not good enough to be on TV?"

(he/him/any/all)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports