NATION

PASSWORD

The 81st Cup of Harmony: Sylestone and Zwangzug (Everything)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hispinas
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hispinas » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:08 am

Music of Fonzo's theme song drowns the arena, as the wrestler based from Hispinas confidently walks to the arena with a golden belt hoisted around his waist, to a chorus of boos from the crowd. As Fonzo went into the ring, his ring gestures and taunts to the crowd made the boos and jeers louder than ever.

"Cut the music, I SAID, CUT. THE. MUSIC!!!" He shouted at the crowd as he started his promo on his first day as the champion.

"You see this belt around my waist? I earned this. Yes. I earned this title after I beat the hell of that Pyazhnayan pipsqueak, one-two-three! You see how I take him down so I can grab the belt!"

*Camera cuts to wrestling action where Fonzo used cowardly tactics to snatch the title from the Pyazhnayan wrestler*

As the actions were seen by the crowd, the louder the boos and jeers directed to the Hispino wrestler. He continued to insult the crowd, using derogatory words to the crowd to generate more heat, until he was interrupted by Jambal, one of the wrestlers who wants a piece of the title, who was based from Sharktail. Two more wrestlers came forward, one from Geisenfried, and one from Savigliane, staking their claims to the title belt.

"You all want this title?" Fonzo points his finger to all the three wrestlers outside the ring, then to his title belt while looking snarkily at them, "COME, GET IT!"

Before he can finish his taunt, someone from the crowd, based from Flavovespia, made their way to the ring, hit the back of Fonzo's head and started to put some stomps to the downed Hispino. The segment finished with the Flavovespian hoisting the title belt up high while stepping over Fonzo, then proceeded to throw the belt to the downed face of the Hispino, the belt hit him and...

Alfonzo suddenly woke up, his entire body on the floor. It seemed that there was a short but impactful earthquake that sent him to the floor while he was sleeping, and the belt he won after the match against Pyazhnaya dropped to the back of his head while the room shook violently. "Was that a dream or a nightmare?" He recalled some parts of his dream resembling the group draw for the Cup of Harmony that was conducted the night before.

Hispinas was drawn into a group with Savigliane, Sharktail, Geisenfried, and Flavovespia, with the latter giving them the worst beating they had in the entire sporting history of Hispinas, an 8-1 beating away from home in their first qualifying campaign in the World Cup. Medrano thought, Hispinas would be able to defend the World Champion belt better in the Regional competition, but taking it in the last matchday of the World Cup qualification made it harder for them to defend it during the Cup of Harmony tournament.

They could have kept the title by not accepting the invite from the hosts in Sylestone and Zwangzug, but fans would not be happy with Hispinas not accepting the invite for this tournament as this is one of the ways to increase the KPB points so that they would be more competitive in their next attempts for World Cup qualification. The only way for Hispinas to get out of the tournament with the title hoisted in their hands, is to either win it all, which is a very, very tough task to do given their current ranking, and with Vilita, and Banija, among others in this tournament, or to bomb out of the group stage with all matches ending in a draw. Seems a very heelish way to keep the title, but Alfonzo said in his mind, "Fuck it, we didn't want this belt in the beginning, get it out of our hands soon enough!"
fka Hispania y Filipinas (IC-ly estranged/retconned) | Sportswire | Under-18 WC 12 Champions
Rushmore | Capital: Mandrid | Trigram: HSP | Demonym: Hispino / Hispina / Hispinian
Harrokeria Outfitters request form

Juvencus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Juvencus » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:34 pm

The Second Great War of Unification(1876-1892)

The Second Great War of Unification, as its name suggests, was not the first try at bringing the people of Juvencus in a unified state. Juven nationalism had been on the rise since the late 18th century initially at more open-to-international trade and liberal cities in the west of the nation such as Pomena, Serone, Tipoli as well as others. Knowing very well that everyone in this region(whether a Juven nationalist or not) recognised a direct common ancestry to the glorious ancient Empire of Pomen as well as the usage of lingua francas like Italian and French, which later became the official language of the nation, coupled with the fact everyone spoke languages very connected to each other in any way and with similar cultures, values and religion, it was about time for the explosion to happen. The First Great War of Unification, which lasted from 1840 to 1844, resulted in a humiliating defeat following the first and only fall of the city of Pomena which had been sieged multiple times in history, in just a few days to the hands of Toronese King Anastasio III, father of King Alberto VI. This resulted in the winning powers of the time, the Independentists to impose blockades really close to said centers for 30 years until the start of the war, starving more inland areas off international trade, which they relied on at times the Independentists did not take their own materials and relied on each other for trade. This resulted in a lot of immigrants from the Sud to immigrate all over the nation and to neighbouring Oscioru. The last attempt would be dubbed as The Great Attempt of 1865, a massive emigration of 200,000 Sud migrants back to their homeland, with only half of those actually reaching their homes as the Confederation of the Crescent, Cuori and Scudelli would massacre a large number of those, seeing them as dangerous rebels. This fueled the resentment of the bitter losers in the war before, the Unionists and also started to boil nationalistic feelings once again.

Ruins of the Arragoeta quarter of Pomena after the siege, ~circa late July 1878

HMS Ironhead in flames in the early morning hours of June 30th 1878, with Quebecois soldiers on safety baots reaching the coastline in the foreground

Chapter 5: The Siege of Pomena(April 28th-July 2nd 1878)
Part 4: The Battle at Pomena(June 4th-July 2nd 1878)

"To every single person fighting for the unity of the Juven people. I declare today to be the first or the last in the history of our nation, depending on how you decide to give in yourselves in the fight for the defence of Pomena. Their push will mean nothing once they see us, prepared as we are, trained as we are, determined as we are, for we are a nation of fighters based on camaraderie, the same blood, religion and other beliefs and values. Today, you are not afraid to die anymore, for you will be immortalised in the endless pages of history as fighters of something that is larger than life." Duke Gianluca IV, Terzi of Pomena on a speech he gave on the morning of June 30th, addressing to his subjects mounting his horse, Cuopo which he led the Unionist troops in combat with.

First stage(June 4th-June 29th 1878): King Alberto VI did not hesitate to attack immediately upon winning on the Guillermont positions but he was faced with a challenge his father had not anticipated. Modern fortifications in the outer sides of the city were his next obstacle to face before he could enter the city by land. The Pomenienze had already succeeded at delaying the Combined independentist forces to the point a strong series of Western Confederation reinforcements had arrived to help the Pomenienze on their defensive. Every day, skirmishes would take place in multiple locations near the fortifications without much success in regards to getting through. On June 17th, he ordered a shelling of those fortifications and of the city itself. This was successful on some fronts but the Independentists still had no major gaps to get through.

The next day a cavalry battle between Toronese Spirezi and Pomenienze Uhlaner took place in the Saint Étienne fields with the presence of several companies from both sides, which made the battlefield a living hell. At 10 AM a small Pomenienze Uhlaner force ambushed the larger Toronese Spirezi force that was guarding the area around the Saint Étienne church, which was an important position. The Uhlaner managed to disperse the Spirezi, bringing them back to their original positions, while the 22nd and 24th Pomenienze Companies of 120 troops each pushed the 17th Toronese and 10th Crescenti Companies back to the trenchlines as well, capturing the church in the process.

After that major engagement, more and more skirmishes took place, something that messed with the patience of King Alberto VI, who had planned to end the siege much earlier than the current date and had no backup plan. He was going to risk it, by attacking the several vessels in the port of Pomena at night. The night of June 29th was the sight of a grueling naval battle between the combined force of 4 ironclads and 4 cruisers of the Unionists against the 2 ironclads and 2 cruisers of the Independentists. Despite being outnumbered, the Independentists were better in the starting stages of the battle, even managing to sink the HPMS Piotorola but lost HTMS Sacrofa and the HTMS Montaserra too. Before making their way back, in the early morning hours of June 30th, the HTMS Cajur opened fire on the neutral Quebecois vessel, HMS Ironhead, sinking it in the process which infuriated Queen Arlene of Quebec and served as the reasoning for future open Quebecois intervention in the war on the side of the Unionists, which they had been secretly supplying for a while by that point.

Second stage(June 30th-July 2nd 1878): While Quebecois troops were given refuge & later were given time to escape westward to the port of Serone where most Quebecois expendition was at, there was no solid representation of them in the defence of Pomena while it was sieged. However, some of them did stay to fight alongside militia, providing them with some practice for any ensuing attacks which came almost immediately. King Alberto VI hastily ordered a massive charge of 12,500 units with a constant trickle to be coming with them at all times while artillery would be shelling the city for cover. The Pomenienze defenders were holding off strong the Independentists were dropping down like flies, however they managed to get to and through the fortifications and engage in combat in the streets of the city itself pushing forwards with sheer numbers.

On July 1st, the city was split in half. That is when Gianluca IV, Terzi ordered a counter-attack on the afternoon of that very same day. Soldiers, militia and even normal citizens would charge at positions held by the Independentists, forcing them to retreat more and more. In an epic twist of events, Gianluca IV and Alberto VI found themselves in a dueling position in the middle of the battle, with the former injuring the latter in the shoulder and calling for general retreatment to Guillermont so the medics would tend to his wounds. This dropped the morale of the Independentists while raising the Unionists' morale to maximum levels and by the evening of July 2nd, all the Combined troops were away from the city, with some companies being chased all the way back to several positions at Guillermont, commencing more skirmishes in the area and a new stalemate. The Unionists had won at Pomena, they knew they would have more support at this stage of the war and that is all that mattered, the Northwestern Theater of the war had just heated up.

Battle Outcome: Massive Unionist victory! Quebecois support guaranteed.

Unionists: 125,000 infantry, 10,000 militia and 20,000 citizens involved, 1,000 cavalry, 90 cannons, 4 ironclads, 4 cruisers, 8,500 casualties, 10 cannons lost, 1 ironclad lost.
Independentists: 90,000 infantry, 2,500 cavalry, 71 cannons, 2 ironclads, 2 cruisers, 12,000 casualties, 15 cannons lost, 1 ironclad lost, 1 cruiser lost.
The Holy Empire of Juvencus
Diverse yet united
Demonym: Juven Trigram: JUE Capital: Pomena
Sonnel is my home<3

Trolleborg
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Trolleborg » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:46 pm

Greetings, compatriots! This is TTV and me, Tiernes Riper, glad to have opportunity to introduce our guest – Mogens Halfdane, who, as our viewers know, leads the largest group of Trolleborg football fans.

M.H.: Happy to see you. Good evening, dear viewers!

T.R.: And I begin with interesting question – where you prefer our team will go on this Cup of Harmony? To the Zwangzug or Sylestone?

M.H.: Yeh. We are fell short by only one letter to getting into Zwangzug both laughs. I don’t think it will be much of help to play precisely where our team won BoF, but nevertheless it can be chance to see old friends and rejuvenate friendships. But yes, we can rejuvenate friendship with a friends from Sylestone, who met in the past WCQ and try to find more friends.

T.R.: This country is special, as we know ...

M.H.: Yes, it will be an interesting and exciting journey. Although very strange, I guess. Country of living homethings… We are planned to explore Sylestone thoroughly. Of course, capital will have a lot of Trolleborg tourists both on beaches and in museums, and other cities where our team will play also can count on a horde of our fans. But also fan clubs between games planned tours into the areas of interests out of the cities where games will played, especiall at the marvelous southeast of the island and magnificient mountains near eastern edge. I know that many of the fans decide to spent two or more weeks in country after tournament.

T.R.: How much fans we will see on the stands?

M.H.: All in all, I think, we can count on fifteen thousands at every game, and our fan group probably around 1300. We have some new performances at the sleeve, with assortment of means from fire to the placards.

T.R.: What are the expectations from the tournament?

M.H.: I can only say for myself in this matter: it will be very difficult. We already have score with 18 out of 50 teams on the tournament. Two of them in our group. And among them is the most inconvenient of the rivals that our team could meet at the CoH. Sarzonia somehow won many silverware even when playing sports not-too-popular in their country and usually their teams have what they wanted. Judging by the table of ranks of world football, we should have had a higher chance of winning. But it’s looked like luck is more valuable for such a things. I’m hear much noise about so called “rank coasting”. But for many years of international sports we in Trolleborg never seen that our teams receive any bonuses from their position in ranks. But everyone else is also not a birthday gift. Bollonich, with whom we are played in WCQ88, is a very tough team capable of causing trouble for any opponent. Rounded groups Jeruselem and Hapilopper are the best and worst teams in the group, judging by the ratings. We have never dealt with them, so we'll see.

T.R.: Judging by the voice, you would prefer the World Cup ...

M.H.: Who wouldn't prefer it? But our team cannot be blamed for a bad game, it’s a nonsense. Our FA CEO probably will tell you that chances to qualify this time is not at all good due to the fact that playing field tilted for the grand teams. Only first-placed teams qualify directly, and smaller part of second-placed. But I tell you direct and harsh words: this results is not of our own making, at least for the main part. Clearly that our team was again "chromatikoed" out of world cup...

T.R.: What was happened?

M.H.: Our team “c-h-r-o-m-a-t-i-k-o-e-d”. I know you don’t share this idea that Chromatika did all they did with purpose, but already this word find a way into the most recent edition of “Trolleborg Lexicon”, with a meaning, if I remember correctly, "open and blatant discrimination or biased judging against someone for no apparent reason". Check it, if you want, I will wait.

T.R.: Hmm... Yes, it was here... Your wording is not too precise, but… Ok, ok... Let’s return to the question.

M.H.: Yes, our team was again "chromatikoed" out of world cup... And in addition we somehow earn hostility of the good part of the sporting community. It is not clear why this is it, but looked like there was a whole group of nations with a strange dislike for us and our teams. We all see this "go, Polkopia!!" things in the foreign social networking services, and make our own conclusions.

T.R.: Not even slightest idea why such a things happen? Maybe something was visible in their networking deeds?

M.H.: Really not. But I must tell everyone, that all this will not be without some repercussions.
Of course, the fans in Trolleborg have their favorites among the teams of the world, and which our citizens support and cheered for. But we now we have also another dimension - there is a teams that now will be cheered against by the citizens of Trolleborg from this time on. It was not measured, how much blatant, wild and unbridled campaign, which was staged by representatives of these countries before the playoff matches, influenced results and overall atmosphere, but probably they did. And we will remember that. I must seriously tell you, foreign loudmouths, that you earn our... let call this thing strong dislike. Many prefer say "enmity" or "hostility", I’m not think this is best words for such a thing, because it was just the game at the end, and did not involved really big things.
But you definitely earned a lot of "disfans" with your "go, Polk" wails. So, "gopolkers", from now on a lot of us in Trolleborg will see every your defeat with a great joy and many of us hope that you will have a lot of defeats.

T.R.: And, probably, Polkopia itself is also at the list...

M.H.: Yes, they definitely deserve that strong emotion that aroused when someone you dislike lost. Boasted "Kicking Trolleborg asses" while being even at the playoff spot due to sheer luck, and not much more, and in addition won the first game due to the incredible coincidence... It was so disgusting. As I think, better of all answers would be victory 4-0 at the second game, but, unfortunately, we was chromatikoed. This time. So right now we must limit ourselves to the small joys of celebrate every time when Polkopia fail. Maybe we all change mood if they prove they have anything else – all in all, it will be honorable lost game to the good team – but right now... Luck in the world sport is volatile and unreliable thing, you know, and if you haven't too much apart from that, then twists of fate can sometimes whip you very painfully. We will gladly enjoy when something like that certainly happened with Polkopia. Again, right now it was as this. And, you know, this is prevalent sentiment in the fans community.

T.R.: You understand, that such words sound very loud?

M.H.: Clearly is. We know, that world of international sport is big and full of injustices, and minnows squeak their boast loudly enough. Why we don’t need hold back and don’t say what needed to be said in full voice? Maybe team on the field will not be up to the task but we on the stands and squares are surely will.

T.R.: Hope we will do without excesses.

M.H.: I’m also hope, but nevertheless after this incomprehensible explosion of hostility towards our team we need to be on the guard.

T.R.: Thanks for the interview and good luck to us all!

Le Choix
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Le Choix » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:29 pm

On Board the RCS Reine

Their escape had been uneventful.

The day of the last match of qualifying, the rest of the families of the Chosen players were whisked away to safety by strange men in black masks. Most of the time, such attire would cause alarm; however, they all bore a single red mark - the Mark of the Red Queen, who had taken an interest to them. One by one, family by family, they were taken to unmarked transports which left without causing too much of a fuss. How did they evade everything? It was as if all the cameras didn't notice them, as if all the electronics refused to capture them.

Then, after the last match of qualifying, the airplane containing the Chosen players went AWOL according to official records. In reality, they were able to stop the pilot from boarding thanks to an elevator getting stuck - how unlucky - and the plane went on autopilot.

They all ended up on the RCS Reine, or Rogue Chosen Ship Queen. It was a ship the size of a cruise ship, able to comfortably carry over a thousand people. The staff on board all wore the same uniforms with the red marks, though the most astute of them would have realized by now that these beings that helped on board the ship weren't entirely human.

Everywhere they turned, there were eyes. Every one of them were being watched, but for the first time in their existence they were thankful.

As the players left for Zwangzug, their families were left on board. Five minutes later, the ship cloaked, and not even the bird of the sea could view the ship.

They were outside the Theocracy's influence, and under the protection of one Red Queen. For now.
Theocratic Isolationist Dictatorship currently residing in Esportiva
Puppet of Chromatika

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

CoH Preview: Savojarna Again, Again

Postby Vilita » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:47 pm

♫ Recycle Time... Back again... Nikkii's Back... Back again... ♫

Before you try to tune out or reload or take any kind of action due to the fact you think you are getting a Re-Run of Recylce Time let me just stop you right there. Do not adjust your Television Set. Do not move the rabbit ears. Don't wiggle your headphone jack. Don't relocate your nuclear power hub. Just Don't. Don't do anything. This may seem like a repeat but I promise you, this is now. Today is the same for you and for me. When you focus on sports you have some things that are not in your control. I don't get to pick the opponents that the Vilitan National Team get to play in competition, I just get to tell you about them. Now, lets cue the song...

♫ I just can't get enough... And I still can't get enough... ♫

I know I know I know. You see the flags over here of the nations that are coming up on the Vilita National Team's schedule. You might see Savojarna and Eshialand and think "Oh hey this must be an Episode from World Cup 88 Qualifying" But no, you'd be wrong. Maybe you didn't see Eshialand but you saw Mertagne and thought "Oh hey, this must be an Episode from World Cup 89 Qualifying" But once again, you'd be wrong. In fact, for anyone who is still sitting there thinking this episode is a re-run let me put those concerns to bed for good.

This episode is focusing on the Group Draw for The Cup of Harmony. Which the Vilitan National Team is competing in.

Let me repeat that for you: The Cup of Harmony which the Vilitan National Team is competing in.

Vilita's opponents for the Cup of Harmony are Savojarna, Naturally; Eshialand - Again; Mertagne - Again, and Juvencus who simply wanted to join in on the fun. Now, you know this episode can not be a re-run because the last time that Vilita contested the Cup of Harmony prior to this none of those nations existed. At all. Not even close.

We'll play the repeat game again just to make sure we all understand. The last time Vilita was in the Cup of Harmony, none of their Cup of Harmony 81 Group Opponents existed. Anywhere. At all.

You know what else didn't exist the last time that Vilita were in the Cup of Harmony? Me. Thats right. Me. I didn't exist. This can't be a re-run because Vilita are in the Cup of Harmony and the last time that happened I did not exist, so I could not have recorded a podshow about Vilita competing in the Cup of Harmony against four nations who didn't even exist.

Thats how we know this isn't a re-run. Hope thats clear. Now that we're all on the same page, lets look at the opponents. When we do that, you will understand why we just spent so long ensuring everyone understands this isn't a re-run, because from this point forward, its basically a re-run.

While Vilita may not have played Savojarna in their previous Cup of Harmony appearance they have certainly found a way to play Savojarna in just about everything since as far as World Cup Committee sanctioned tournaments go. After splitting the home and away series during World Cup 89 Qualifying both nations failed to advance to the World Cup Finals and would meet again in Sylestone and Zwangzug.

Despite being located in different regions, these two nations have played each other more over the previous ten cycles than even Vilita has played aany other team. Over ten previous meetings in the previous 10 World Cup cycles, Vilita have a just-barely winning record over their Rushmori counterparts with an overall record of 4-3-3 including a win and loss during World Cup 89 Qualifying.

Once again.. again.. again.. Vilita and Savojarna will be the top two seeds in their group and favored on paper to advance to the next round which in this case would be the Cup of Harmony Round of 16 - or the Round of 22 at the very least. Of course, things did not quite work out that way for either Nation during World Cup 89 Qualifying and thats how they ended up at the Cup of Harmony to begin with. Both sides stole 3 critical points from each other resulting in neither advancing to Tikariot and South Newlandia with Savojarna taking their biggest result of the 10-match super series thus far with a 4-0 victory in Vilita.

Of course, failing to qualify for the World Cup is an instantly sackable offense and the reputation of Beloved Turoki Tide midfielder Cavuna Aquafek will forever be stained by three cycles as the Vilita National Team head coach that resulted in zero Knockout Round matches in any competition for the Jungle Cats. The Football Association of Vilita have decided against naming a single head coach at least for the start of the Cup of Harmony instead letting the staff of Assistant Coaches take charge for the opening matches of the Group Stage and seeing "how things evolve" from there.

While much of the early attention in the Group Stage will be on th 11th match in 10 cycles for the Jungle Cats against Savojarna, there will be two other rematch games in the Group Phase that will be potential banana peel games for the Jungle Cats with games against Eshialand, who Vilita played twice in World Cup 88 Qualifying, and Mertagne who squared off twice with the Jungle Cats during World Cup 89 Qualifying. Vilita failed to sweep both teams with Eshialand holding Vilita to a draw in World Cup 88 Quals while Mertagne defeated the Jungle Cats in World Cup 89 Qualifying in a result that ultimately represented the points that denied the Vilita National Team a place in the World Cup 89 Finals. The Jungle Cats players - the first in generations to experience a World Cup Season without actually playing in the World Cup, will still have fresh memories of their dropped points against the Green Goblins and should certainly be motivated to make amends in their quest to earn their first Cup of Harmony title in 75 cycles of World Cup Committee sanctioned competition.

-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Geisenfried
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 02, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Geisenfried » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:26 am

Cup of Harmony Group D at a Glance

Green marks a win, red marks a loss, gray marks a draw. Italics means a team went on to the World Cup, ^ means the team reached the playoff stage and lost, and * means the team is also competing in the Cup of Harmony.

Sharktail - 4th, Group 1, 42 GF - 33 GA [+9], 9W-3D-6L, 30 pts. - World KPB ranking: 67th
Matchday 2 at The Bay Reserve, Betham
How they got to Sylestone:
MD1: L1-6 @ Starblaydia | MD10: D1-1 v Starblaydia
MD2: L2-7 @ Independent Athletes from Quebec^* | MD11: L2-3 v Independent Athletes from Quebec^*
MD3: L0-1 v Chartistan* | MD12: L0-2 @ Chartistan*
MD4: W3-1 @ Transvolcanic | MD13: W3-0 v Transvolcanic
MD5: W6-3 v Murderbum | MD14: W5-0 @ Murderbum
MD6: W1-0 @ Rizealand | MD15: D2-2 v Rizealand
MD7: W2-0 v Krubstan | MD16: W3-0 @ Krubstan
MD8: L1-2 @ Indusse* | MD17: W4-3 v Indusse*
MD9: W5-1 v Reçueçn | MD18: D1-1 @ Reçueçn

v WC/CoH teams: (1-1-6), 11 GF, 25 GA [-14]

It is easy to write a lot of different narratives about the Blue Predators of Sharktail. If you want to look at the positive side, you can point out that they stand undefeated since matchday 12, a 4-2-0, 14 point match streak that is one of the better runs in the group. On the negative side however, you could point out their disastrous record against World Cup and Cup of Harmony-level teams - averaging surrendering 3.13 goals per match against top-level opponents while their offense drops off from averaging 2.33 goals down to only 1.38 goals. If you wanted to counter that point, most of the damage was dealt in two disastrous games at the beginning of qualifying against the likes of Starblaydia and Quebec, and that if you take from MD3 onward, their goal differential jumps to 39-20, more than a goal difference per match. On the other hand, if you wanted to counter their recent hot streak, you could point out that their schedule was immensely front-loaded and so the teams they've been beating off the back haven't been anything to write home about save maybe Indusse. And so despite 18 matchdays, Sharktail still runs as a bit of an enigma - other than being a very strong offensive team. Will they manage to keep up their current streak, or will the upgrade in competition start showing holes in this Sharktail team?

Savigliane - 3rd, Group 8, 48 GF - 26 GA [+22], 10W-4D-4L, 34 pts. - World KPB ranking: 17th
Matchday 3 at Ground of Dunkirk, Dunkirk
MD1: W3-0 v Greater Vakliocci Haven | MD10: D2-2 @ Greater Vakliocci Haven
MD2: L0-1 @ Osarius | MD11: W5-3 v Osarius
MD3: W4-2 v South Covello | MD12: W1-0 @ South Covello
MD4: D1-1 @ West Zirconia | MD13: W4-2 v West Zirconia
MD5: D1-1 v Ethane | MD14: L1-4 @ Ethane
MD6: W5-3 v Bahia Roja | MD15: W9-2 @ Bahia Roja
MD7: W2-1 @ Trolleborg^* | MD16: L0-1 v Trolleborg^*
MD8: L1-2 v Pratapgadh | MD17: W3-0 @ Pratapgadh
MD9: D0-0 @ Murphtannia | MD18: W6-1 v Murphtannia

v WC/CoH teams: (1-1-2), 4 GF, 7 GA [-3]

From a purely statistical standpoint, Savigliane seem for certain the team to beat in this group. They have the strongest ranking, are the top seed, had the strongest run through qualifying, and have the best goal differential of all the teams in the group. Their offense was one of the best in the world throughout qualifying, averaging an astonishing 2.67 goals per game, making them the best in the group in that category as well. Their defense isn't too shabby, at 1.44 goals surrendered per game, good enough for second in the group though it's nowhere near their levels of offense. The question Saviglianos must ask of themselves is - how are they here? Their qualifying group wasn't especially tough - while yes, getting top 3-seed Ethane was a painful draw, there was plenty of hay to be made in a group with weak depth, but they were behind Ethane and Trolleborg from matchday 4 and never put up a challenge to even be playoff material. For Qusmo-born Savigliane manager Tlanx-Nulzk Hal, the answer is not enough of youth - which has meant swapping Bertrand Marchetti in the back for Serena Lamontagne, Amara Vatrican in the middle for Oceané Chastain and Isabella Coste in the front for Bonagiunta Rossi. All these changes mean despite the passage of time, the Swans' Cup of Harmony roster actually averages more than a year younger than their qualifying counterparts. We'll see if Tlanx's bet pays off in time. Of note to Geisen fans is that the two teams Savigliane fell behind were both strong defensive squads - something that might benefit the defensively-minded Golden Eagles.

Flavovespia - 5th, Group 17, 34 GF - 27 GA [+7], 9W-3D-6L, 30 pts. - World KPB Ranking: 54th
Matchday 4 at Sentient Oval, Kirkham
MD1: W4-3 @ Kiltoch | MD10: W1-0 v Kiltoch
MD2: L0-1 v Jeruselem* | MD11: L1-2 @ Jeruselem*
MD3: W2-1 @ Eshialand* | MD12: W1-0 v Eshialand*
MD4: L1-2 @ Commonwealth of Baker Park | MD13: D2-2 v Commonwealth of Baker Park
MD5: L0-1 v Polkopia | MD14: L1-2 @ Polkopia
MD6: D0-0 @ Aut-Ves-Nat | MD15: W4-2 v Aut-Ves-Nat
MD7: L3-4 v Xanneria | MD16: W2-1 @ Xanneria
MD8: W2-0 @ the Jovannic | MD17: W3-1 v the Jovannic
MD9: D2-2 v Sajnur | MD18: W5-3 @ Sajnur

v WC/CoH teams: (2-1-5), 8 GF, 11 GA [-3]

Flavovespia took part in the wild group 17, which featured a final matchday winner-goes-on loser-goes-on match between Baker Park and Jeruselem as well as cinderella team Polkopia, which captured the hearts throughout the world as they managed to go all the way from lacking a world ranking to reaching the World Cup in a single go. It's those two losses against the unranked darling that ended up haunting the Flavovespians, as swings in those two games would have meant they'd have been the playoff squad rather than the plucky Polkopians. Still, there's not much bad to say about Flavovespia's qualifying efforts - despite ending 5th, they were level in points with Eshialand, who got 4th on goal differential despite losing twice to Flavovespia. Their offense, while strong, is not quite as high-octane as the rest of the group despite being just under 2 goals per game scored, but their defense is better than most of the rest of the group as well. In the end they round out to above average, which, while by no means weak, doesn't mean there's an unequivocal strength for this team to look to. With them being the weakest of the second pot teams by ranking, are they vulnerable to some upsets? Geisen fans will surely hope that their ill luck against teams without a ranking in World Cup 89 qualifying holds, as the Golden Eagles were the 3rd strongest of those teams, behind only aforementioned Polkopia and fellow Cup of Harmony participants Mertagne.

Hispinas - 6th, Group 13 - 41 GF - 42 GA [-1], 7W-3D-8L, 24 pts. - World KPB Ranking: 107th
Matchday 5 at Avondale International Sports Stadium, Avondale
MD1: L1-2 @ Ranoria | MD10: L0-1 v Ranoria
MD2: L3-4 @ Milchama* | MD11: W2-1 v Milchama*
MD3: D2-2 v Tjun-ia* | MD12: L3-5 @ Tjun-ia*
MD4: L3-4 @ Sargossa^* | MD13: W6-3 v Sargossa^*
MD5: W1-0 v Sevendia | MD14: D3-3 @ Sevendia
MD6: W2-1 @ Raspotochje | MD15: W1-0 v Raspotochje
MD7: D3-3 v St. Trinians | MD16: L2-3 @ St. Trinians
MD8: L1-2 @ Turori | MD17: L1-4 v Turori
MD9: W4-2 v Pyazhnaya | MD18: W3-2 @ Pyazhnaya

v WC/CoH teams: (2-1-5), 21 GF, 25 GA [-4]

As far as comparing straight qualifying run goes, Hispinas has the biggest peak to climb. They have a negative game differential, and a negative win-loss record, for the lowest point total of all teams in the group. But their poor record otherwise belies some strong performances in a very tough group - including facing defending World Cup champions Turori and 4 other teams that have managed to reach the Cup of Harmony. If nothing else, Hispinas definitely counts as one of the most battle-tested teams in the tournament. That said though, they've definitely gotten the bloody nose to show for it - despite having a strong offensive team throughout the cup, they were also one of the defensively weakest teams, and if Hispinas wants to go anywhere in the tournament, they must fix their back end problems - you will greatly struggle to get out of the group if you give up 2.33 goals per game. Especially in a group where Sharktail and Savigliane are even stronger on offense. The Hispinas front is strong, but unless they figure out how to plug up the holes, one must expect this team to sink - especially one that was the lowest seed in pot 4.

Geisenfried - 5th, Group 2 - 24 GF - 17 GA [+7], 9-2-7, 29 pts. - World KPB Ranking: 135th
MD1: L0-1 @ Kohnhead | MD10: L0-1 v Kohnhead
MD2: W1-0 @ Moliza | MD11: W4-0 v Moliza
MD3: L0-2 v Huelavia* | MD12: L1-4 @ Huelavia*
MD4: D0-0 @ Txakhaxi | MD13: W3-0 v Txakhaxi
MD5: W3-0 v Britland | MD14: W1-0 @ Britland
MD6: L0-1 @ Brenecia | MD15: W1-0 v Brenecia
MD7: W4-1 v Garifunya | MD16: W3-2 @ Garifunya
MD8: D2-2 @ Le Choix* | MD17: W1-0 v Le Choix*
MD9: L0-1 v Squidroidia | MD18: L0-2 @ Squidroidia

v WC/CoH teams: (2-1-5), 5 GF, 12 GA [-7]

Geisen fans already know the story by now - returning to AOCAF after the Foxchester Accords, then showing up in World Cup qualifying - the team is at this point used to being the bottom team as far as the official rankings go. But if you've been paying any attention, you know this team is easily capable of showing up against anybody and should not be equivocated with an average team of that ranking. When given the reins of the national team, Geri Brückner promised a strong defensive side much akin to his 1. FSV Dözel teams in the Geisenbundesliga. He has delivered in spades, giving himself plenty of job security with above expectation performances in both AOCAF and WCQ. Going somewhere in this Cup of Harmony would be a cherry on top. In this aspect, the Geisen team is unique in this group - while their offensive output is by far the weakest at only 1.33 goals scored per game, they are also the only team to average less than a goal surrendered per game - indeed, the only team that's even close. Compared to the free-flowing games the other matches in the group promise, Geisenfried stands comparatively as a brick wall, enjoying filling the midfield with bodies and suffocating offensive build-ups. Geisenfried still struggled overall against the top teams in their World Cup qualifying group, but their defensive tactics were what enabled them to shut out and surprise teams like Banija in AOCAF and Brenecia in WCQ, as well as tie together a 5-game straight winning streak. If that's the team that shows up? The sky's the limit for the Golden Eagles. But the question remains... will that team show up? With the weakest 2 and 4 seed in the group, the opportunity is there - but they have to grab it.
Last edited by Geisenfried on Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Royal Federation of Geisenfried / der Königsbund von Geisenfried
Proper demonym: Geisen

- Two-time quarterfinalist, six-time qualifier, and former host (XXXII) of the NationStates Football World Cup

Sharktail
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sharktail » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:00 am

Sharktail Post EP 57
Short or long, every try is worth

"You can say you have next time, but next time doesnt mean tomorrow."

This word come from our previous manager, Sahami. When we able to make it into the MAC final for second time, he said last time we down, but this time better we make it because we never know when we may be here again.
-Chandra

"You set a timer, you wrote a note then you realized it short. Better of that short time rather than no time."

In MAC 6, we won the trophy. So surely we are favourite in MAC 7, but shortly after the group stage started, we not the same as last time. We fall apart and at last, we failed to make it into next stage. Everyone surely disappointed. Before we leaving, they were last speech from coach and captain, but i more attached to this word. It from Gaby. He said it still better we be here and play, cause the time not waiting. As we get older, we may not even have a second to stand here again.
-Badhri

"Talent is great, work hard is pain,but remember both can achieve success."

How long i waiting to be back here. I always dream i wearring Sharktail jersey. Last in world cup qualification 81, i play for Sharktail. When time past, i see one talent come one after another, so i sure there are no more place. However, Carol really suprise me. The call up really shock me but i will work hard more. Even this chance may not last long, i will cherish every moment that happen.
-Francis

"You can play alone, but dont angry if no one come after that because that what you choose."

Everytime when we play, everyone will focus on Gaby. Of course we all respect him. But, one thing that he always tells us he may able to show his individual talent but he prefer team play and he said he will not get anywhere with selfish attitude and that what he warned us to stay away from that attitude. He alone can stand above all but what may happen if no one want to play with him. Will he able to chase the ball by himself, defend the goal by himself. Surely no. So, go on friend with thousands,but never try to search for enemy.
-Nik Akif

"If one fail already break you, then stop playing already."

It kinda like a challenge to us. Sahami, i work with him since Kota Jembal. He said if we are too afraid with one fail, we not go anywhere. That his attitude when being with us. He not afraid of fail but he will angry if we depressed too much when we failed.
-Harold

"If you disappointed with losing, dont give up. You know the pain, but time not waiting you to recover. As you down, everyone's up to take your place."

The special thing i thinking about this is when i fail, everyone keep critizing me. I take that poorly and later my form keep dropping. Later, one by one players come and taking a spot in national team. Then i realized how good i am in past, they will be always someone keep getting better everyday. So i will never back down again and keep my place in National team.
-Maxter
NSSport Roleplayer | Melayu Archipelago Member

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Boot It!: Time For The Sendoff

Postby TJUN-ia » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:36 am

By Peter Davis
Mohammad Kallah
Nicolas Umkala
Jeff Donaldson
Pedro Vasquez
Nick James
Nico Aquinio
Vijay Palalele
Pedro dos Santos
Kim Won-an

Read that list and weep. After this tournament is complete, no matter who wins it all, these 9 players will hang their international boots and focus on their domestic careers. It will be a sad day when they finally must go, but that day is surely nigh.

In the final tournament for these players, David Seems and Li Xiu Ying will be hoping to escape from a tough old group, with HUElavia headlining, Darmen a close second, Atheara an unknown force and our group mates in Milchama a deadly foe on their day. Many will be hoping for our deepest-ever run at this tournament to give the 9 a worthy send-off, but that will require the final 4 at a minimum. Are we really good enough to do that in a tournament with 5 nations from the Top 20, including Banija and Vilita?

There is only one way to find out. I hope, for their sakes, that the answer is filled with joy.

GO JAGS!

SCHEDULE (Group J, All Matches in Zwangzug)
MD1: vs Atheara (84) - Bug House, Twineur
MD2: vs Milchama (132) - Wayr Stadium, Rackham Range
MD3: BYE
MD4: vs Darmen (57) - Wayr Stadium, Rackham Range
MD5: vs HUElavia (31) - Bug House, Twineur
Last edited by TJUN-ia on Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Mertagne
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 24, 2013

Postby Mertagne » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:38 am

Neorudo AquAirport, Neorudo, Mertagne

"So, where exactly is Zwangzug anyway?" asked Pia Aziz, wheeling her suitcase through Neorudo AquAirport.

"It's in Wrigley. Out... there, so that's nearfarer tothan us." called out Fredrick Prost, who was also rapidly heading to the lounge, almost first in the long cadre of off-duty football players, ready for a long flight. Some wore sunglasses, others had headphones on, and a few had those big neck pillows that make you look like an angry pufferfish.

Pia called over to Lliot Celarte, who was laid down on a bench in the lounge. "Hey, geography whizz - what's the rundown on Zwangzug?"

"Oh, come on, why are you asking me when I'm sure Oughtio knows his stuff?" he replied with a wink, before settling back down.

Pia parked her case down next to a comfy chair in the lounge that had been ringfenced for the national team. "I just can't believe it's finally here. We're actually on our way to the Cup of Harmony! I never thought I'd see the day that Mertagne would compete, you know?"

Rosah Tikfot scoffed. "The Cup of Harmony? Nothing harmonious about our group. It's the Cup of Revenge, certainly. Everyone's got some beef with someone else, except for maybe Juvencus, and they'll definitely have some beef by the time the group stage is over."

Pia turned to face Rosah. "What do you mean?", she said as Rosah came to sit next to her.

"Well, look who we've got. From top to bottom, we have: Eshialand, who we played in a friendly before we knew the results of the group draw. They beat us, so we're out for revenge. Mertagne, who are us, and there's a nice current of self-loathing baked into the culture, so we're out for revenge. Against ourselves. We have Vilita, who really don't want to be here, and it's our fault they're here in the first place because we stole some points off of them this qualifying. So they're out for revenge. Juvencus, who is hoping to slide on through admist the carnage, and Savojarna, who we also played last year and actually didn't lose to. So they'll be out for revenge."

Pia massaged her temples. "So... two teams out for blood against us, we're kind of up for it against a third team, and then Juvencus?"

Tikfort smiled. "Exactly. If anything, we're public enemy number one. It's hard to succeed, it seems. You've got to tread on somebody to get there. Only now, the trodden have come back for us to tread on again."

"We're armed with some experience this time, of course, and our record against Savojarna and Vilita isn't terrible. I think we can continue the momentum from last year and put in a good finish in this Cup." replied Pia, who still remained hopeful.

Rosah folded her arms. "Be honest - where do you think we'll end up?"

"I'll echo Gulliver before the World Cup Qualifiers - anything above halfway is just dandy." Pia laughed.

A murmur echoed from the horizontal body of Lliot Celarte. "We'll be okay, I reckon."

"Oh yeah? What's given you confidence? Whatever it is, I want some!" said Tikfort, slowly poking Celarte's leg as he lay down.

"We're going to nice places. Spenson is 'every suburb you've ever been to', and Guariday is nice and jungley. You can have fun in a treehouse. We might not do so well here, but we'll certainly have a fun time doing it, whatever the result." Lliot slowly sat up. "Now could you do me a favour and go and get some mints from that vending machine? Don't forget to say 'please' and 'thank you' to it, either."

"Sure. Why the manners, though?" asked Pia, as she got up to walk over.

"Preparation if we make it out of the group stage." replied Lliot with another wink.
Last edited by Mertagne on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
user pronouns: he/him

The Nation of Mertagne - World Wonder Wizard!
Capital: Dannin ⨳ Trigram: MRT ⨳ Demonym: Mertagnian ⨳ Map: Here!Anything Else: Here!
combined a jet engine with fireworksANAIA NATIONAuthor of NS Issue #1508

Adab
Negotiator

Founded: May 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:49 am

A Dance with Football
Snapshots of the lives of the people involved in Adabian football and those associated with them
For a full list of chapters click here. To read all the chapters in one go click here
For an (incomplete) list of major/prominent characters in this story click here and scroll down to the ‘Football’ section

Chapter 39: Crossroads

May 1, 2035 / 23 Safar 1457
AFA Headquarters
Adab City

Listen here,” demanded Saad Kaykali, his outstretched hand running back and forth across the table. “I have the greatest respect for all journalists, and for freedom of the press and freedom of speech and all that, but if you really have nothing else to ask then I suggest that we wrap this up as I’m sure we all have other matters to attend to."

Beside him Enlilbani Yargab sat in silence, on the verge of his first tournament as captain of the national team, stoically nodding as his boss protested the avalanche of questions about Alulim Sinmuballit’s personal life. This was a matter close to his boss’ heart; Alulim was rumored to be involved with either Emma Arthur – his teammate at Adab United and in the national team – or Aida Kaykali, who was none other than the boss’ daughter. Saad had pronounced Alulim a “nice boy” and declared that he would have no problems with the latter dating his daughter. Alulim, for his part, consistently denied any involvement with both women.

Before them sat the infamous mass of journalists, who for so long had been clamoring to ask questions like malnourished, famine-affected people rushing for newly-arrived supplies of food. But the boss’ latest demand had largely silenced them. The avalanche of questions was now reduced to a trickle. A few raised their hands. The boss, rather reluctantly it seemed, pointed to the one closest to him.

“Thank you very much, Mr. Kaykali,” said the lucky man. “Jamal Haddad, Beirut Journal. Mr. Kaykali, as I’m sure you have heard, there have been reports that Mohammed Marramzi is seeking treatment of a medical condition which has not been disclosed-“

“Mohammed is fit and healthy and he will be traveling with us to the Cup of Harmony, if that’s what you’re wondering about,” Saad cut him off, his bored, almost toneless voice freely betraying his frustration. He even looked away from the man halfway through his answer. Eni Yargab shot a glance at the journalist, and it was not a warm glance. Mohammed was his friend, and as if being removed from the starting lineup wasn’t enough, now he had to deal with questions about his health. There was a part in Eni which felt he had to protect his friend, shield him from these frivolous questions. In his heart he thanked the boss for cutting that man off.

But there was another reason he felt he had to protect Mohammed: he genuinely wasn’t sure how he was doing right now. Even at their club, Baghdad City, he was suddenly no longer in the starting lineup. The old lion was 36, an age where goalkeepers – and indeed football players in general – decline, but his sudden removal from the lineup had reduced him to a peripheral figure, increasingly missing training sessions, sitting quietly with the substitutes at the games, appearing unenthusiastic. Eni could see it, everyone else could see it, even if they were just whispering about it to each other: this was not the Mohammed of old. Something was wrong.

An attempt to reach out to his mentor had turned into an admission of the whole situation he now found himself in. One part of Alulim Sinmuballit was relieved; he had admitted everything to someone else and taken a lot of weight off his heart. Another part worried about his reaction, and for good reason. He was not very pleased about the whole thing, to put it lightly; this was just wrong.

“You cannot keep on doing this,” Mohammed Marramzi said over the phone, sounding as if suppressing his anger. “Aida and Emma… the press have been hunting, going after all three of you. If you keep on doing this… you’ll end up hurting everyone. Everyone.” He repeated the last word in a slightly raised voice for emphasis.

Alu got the message, and inside he knew Mohammed was right, but something else had concerned him about the older man. He had isolated himself in his Adab City home, so far not displaying any interest in meeting his fellow members of the national team, who had all congregated in the capital for the unveiling of the Cup of Harmony squad. The AFA said that Mohammed had “personal matters” to attend to first; this only added to the rumors.

It was Alu who had taken the initiative to call him, because apparently no one else in the team wanted to disturb the former captain as he attended to his matters, and now he was wondering if the rumors were true.

There were times when his powerful voice was barely there; he was speaking in a voice that was almost too soft for even a phone call. Sometimes he would jumble his words; sometimes the words would blend into each other. Occasionally he seemed to need extra effort just to make himself understood. Moments like that would come and go; midway through the call, he sparked up and that voice was back, maybe driven by his anger at Alu’s situation. He may be speaking slower than usual, but now you could hear him clearly.

“You can’t keep on doing this,” he repeated, going rather slowly through every word as if every word would be his last. “You have to come clean. You are a role model. People are looking up to you.”

There was silence on both sides, as Alu analyzed the former captain’s command in his mind. But before he could speak up, the older man continued.

“You asked… for my honest advice, so I will give it to you.” The man he still called “Cap” was sounding far less pleasant than usual, Alu noted in his mind. Whether this was because of the rumors about his health, or his anger at this love triangle, he did not want to know. “You have to drop it with Emma. You’re far too different from each other. Different religions, different cultures, different everything. And if your families find out about this… you know what this country thinks of interfaith relationships. But that aside… you’re both just in… different worlds. You’re too different from each other.”

Adab lineup for MD1

Starting lineup: Chandrasekar, Altun, Enmerkar, Issou, Frangieh, Arthur (VC), Sinmuballit, Orlev, Al-Kufa, Yissakar, Yargab (C)

Substitutes: Marramzi, Al-Tikriti, Sharkalisharri, Akshak, Thomas, al-Muntar, Samanu, Emmita, Uhwan, Zambiya, Akaptaha, Barzani
Last edited by Adab on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Male, 23, Indonesian

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my puppet/secondary nation IRL).

Factbook

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:35 am

You'd think that a successful World Cup qualifying campaign, even one that didn't result in actually advancing to the proper, would be enough to secure a managerial job for a manager.

Perhaps in many cases, it would be. But not for Sarzonian national football team manager Nathan Hanifer.

Granted, he was a finalist for the managerial role for the Kadongo Kamu in Banija, a top-five team that somehow failed to even qualify for the two-leg playoffs for the right to advance to South Newlandia or Tikariot for the World Cup 89 group stage. Then again, that was the problem.

Oh, sure, publicly, members of the Incorporated Football Federation Board of Governors said all the right things about the great opportunity managing the fifth ranked team in the footballing multiverse would be. They would say it spoke well to Hanifer's job managing both the Under 21 national team into the knockout rounds and advancing as far as the quarterfinals in his first go at international competition. They could point to the fact that Sarzonia finished the group stage not only with a winning record, but highlighted their 18-match trek with a 2-1 victory in a dead rubber against Græntfjall and a 4-4 draw against top ranked defending World Cup finalists The Holy Empire. They publicly expressed their admiration that Hanifer was able to get his charges motivated to play competitive football against teams vastly higher in the world rankings even though they were mathematically eliminated from World Cup contention.

And yet, several Board members privately grumbled about the fact that Hanifer applied for the Banija managerial role. Rather akin to a worker seeking other employment while still in a certain role at their company, one or two Board members privately indicated a desire to fire Hanifer for having the temerity to contact the Kadongo Kamu to inquire about the role, much less interview for it. Granted, a couple of them also realised that opportunities to manage a team that recently won a World Cup don't come around very often, but still, there was a prevailing sense that Hanifer had much to prove to his bosses that surpassed anything tactical he could accomplish.

Zack Wilson is certainly no dummy. The IFF chairman heard the grumbling. He knew there was dissention in the ranks among the Board of Governors, and that several were upset about Hanifer's decision to interview. He'd fielded an informal request from one or two Board members asking him to lay out a succession plan for the next manager, although he knew the best way to assuage their concerns was if Sarzonia were to keep winning. A Cup of Harmony championship would be ideal, certainly, but if Hanifer were to manage a deep run through the knockouts, mirroring in any way the team's shock success five cycles ago, it would likely be enough to silence the backroom chatter.

Was his hand-picked manager exploring a role for another country ideal? No. Was the fact he interviewed with a team considered a rival ideal? No way. But he could respect the fact that a plum role at the head of an elite footballing programme didn't come around every day, and he would have conceded that not applying for the job would have been foolish. Wilson wasn't looking for a new job by any stretch of the imagination, but if the Royal Banijan Soccer Association were to contact him for the equivalent to his job with the IFF, Wilson would have definitely explored his options.

"It's a world class organisation," Wilson would tell the saltier members of the Board. "If they're interested in you, you look into it. Period." Still, Wilson was aware that the eyes of Sarzonia's footballing world would be on Hanifer and his team in this Cup of Harmony. It wasn't an enviable position, but if Hanifer could get his team motivated to play dead rubbers against quality football teams and he could enjoy some success against a group including ancient powers Jeruselem and recent successes Trolleborg, not to mention Bollonich and Hapilooper, then it would only serve to make Hanifer an even more attractive candidate, both to remain in his current role and to potential suitors down the road.

It was both an unenviable position and an enviable one. And for Hanifer, that view is going to be his for the next few days.

As Hanifer took stock of his team's final training session prior to opening Cup of Harmony group stage play against 35th ranked Trolleborg, he was troubled by his team's lack of cohesion offensively and defensively. The only score the Stars managed in their two-match schedule of friendlies was an own goal in the 88th minute against Sharktail. The starting 11's offensive players played an uninspired brand of football against a team that was directly ahead of them in the KPB ranks at No. 67. They played with a little bit more fire, but without the offensive flow Hanifer wanted in their 2-0 home loss to Baker Park at Mike Sarzo Stadium in Nicksia.

Granted, the match against Baker Park was against a team ranked 10th in the multiverse, a regional rival, and a team that was using the friendly against Sarzonia as a tune up for the proper. The Stars played fairly well on the defensive end, but there was a clear reason why Carlton Sandt was the starting goalkeeper and not reserve keeper Trent Woodson, who played the match against Baker Park and played the second half against Sharktail. Hanifer confirmed that Sandt would start the match against Trolleborg.

"We're at the stage now where we're going to stay with our main starting 11. If we need Trent, we'll get him in there," Hanifer said.
Last edited by Sarzonia on Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:11 am

Kabaka- King
Isebantu- Crown Prince
Waziri- Foreign Minister
Lukiiko- Parliament
Katikkiro- Prime Minister
SUB(Shirika la Ujasusi Banija)- Intelligence Agency of Banija

Banijan sub-cabinet meeting on Nyowani Kitara
NYK Sub-Cabinet Committee

His Majesty the Kabaka- Mwanga
His Royal Highness the Isebantu- Mutungi
The Katikkiro- Kobe Azizi
Minister of Defense- Opiyo Ogol
Director of SUB- Lt. Gen. Issa Shawel
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs- Admiral Luke Agina
Government Chief Whip/Leader of the House- Japhia Ahenda

The usual principals were in the room for this meeting. It was a special sub-cabinet meeting that met regarding just the Nyowani Kitara meeting. It wasn't an issue to be debated by the full cabinet, generally speaking, considering Banija's complex process for handling foreign policy decisions. A rarity for a constitutional monarchy, actual foreign policy decision-making was handled by His Majesty, with the role of Foreign Minister vested in whoever was first in the line to the throne- assuming, of course, that they were at least 25 years of age.

They were accountable to the Lukiiko as a whole, however, which meant that some elected officials were naturally involved in the process- although they were not the drivers. The Isebantu came in for question time, the Lukiiko controlled all the budgeting, and of course, any declarations of war, or deployments of troops abroad, for any reason, had to be approved by the Lukiiko directly. Over the years, it had caused some constitutional conflict, but they had generally settled on a constitutional arrangement- that the Kabaka was the driver on foreign policy, but the Government was kept involved, deliberatively, in the process.

This is a balance that changed over time- and varied between Katikkiros. But largely, it had achieved its stated goal, which was consistency in Banijan foreign policy. Banija's constitutional founders specifically did not want a foreign policy that could and would change drastically with every election season, and wanted Banija to be seen as a pillar in global affairs- one who's allies were stable, one who stuck by their allies, and whose values were easy to discern. There was little clamor for change on that front, domestically or internationally. Everybody knew who Banija's allies were.

But of course, the Nyowani Kitara story had never really been major. For many years, the relationship between NYK and the nation of origin for a majority of their people had been outright hostile. But this civil war scrambled everything. So many opportunities were available at once- get a reasonable person in charge of Nyowani Kitara, a chance to repair that relationship, a chance to open a brotherhood between people who traced their heritage to Banija, and the homeland itself. A chance to help get rid of this totalitarian insane dictatorship, and replace it with an actual democracy- one allied with Banija.

Of course, the risks were of great magnitude. That's why the 7 people in this room were paid the big bucks, right? This should've been easy- Nafuna Akongo's government should've collapsed rather quickly, and then they could've helped the KFF destroy the DFLK. But that was never happening. The KRF showed more backbone and had more international goodwill than anybody in Busukuma had ever guessed. Eura and Nephara not only backed the Government diplomatically- that was one thing. But as Nafuna Akongo's government continued to teeter, she was increasingly being held up by troops from Corvistone and Bastion.

They both were focused on fighting the KFF, who were far closer to Dewayo than the DFLK- although that was more something of geography than anything else. Their forces had made progress against the KFF, pushing them south while the KFF was continued to have success against KRF forces that were not backed by Rushmori powers- aka, pushing east. The KFF had just allied with the DFLK- a move that could potentially unlock support from Darmen, and even further support from S&T and around the multiverse. But while volunteers from Banija and S&T were pouring into the country, as well as elsewhere(Samebans, Euran Communists, Farf mercs, etc...) there were two nations with official boots on the ground- Nephara and Eura. And they both supported Nafuna Akongo.

"We all know the question that we wrestle with today." Said Isebantu Mutungi, first of his name and first in line. "How do we dislodge Corvistone and Bastion from their positions? We have all seen Eura's latest announcement, that they will functionally blockade Nyowani Kitara. They won't communicate with us. They've both gone all-in, especially Nephara, on supporting that maniac, Nafuna. She tried to assassinate Max Ulf- is she nuts?"

"Well, technically, she's denied it." Said Lt. Gen. Issa Shawel. "And Gustav Isaksson hasn't said anything. She's said he went rogue. As far as we know, Gustav hasn't said anything, signed anything- he's holding out whatever torture/punishment they're giving him."

"We all know that Isaksson wouldn't have gone without her knowledge, or her blessing, at the very least." Said the Minister of Defense, Opiyo Ogol. "They even released his picture. They have him. He's hugely important to them. She's reeling. Euran soldiers have died. This is the moment, maybe, to say that they are on their heels? This is our time to be aggressive."

"But they've responded to this by doubling down their support of Nafuna Akongo!" Kobe Azizi said. "Bastion has ignored us. Can Corvistone be reasoned with?"

"The Margravine has just won an election." Japhia Ahenda said. Her joining this sub-committee was an invite nobody expected. Her cabinet position had nothing to do with national security issues, but of course, as the Chief Whip, she was most in tune in how the Lukiiko would support any sort of measures "This is the time when she's least likely to change her mind. She's already gone in on Nafuna Akongo, and it seems like it's hell or high water for her now."

"Let's get this out of the way." The Kabaka said. "If it comes down to it- who thinks that Banijan forces will be able to defeat Euran and Nepharan forces on the ground, in Nyowani Kitara? Forget about the contributions of local forces for a minute. Their troops are already on the ground for the opposition, the Nepharans in large numbers, and some of the most elite special forces units on the planet for Eura. Nephara is increasing their focus and their grip in Dewayo. Eura is launching a blockade. Even this grave error by Nafuna Akongo has her taking a beating in public opinion all across the multiverse, for her brazen assassination attempt. And yet- all the response from Bastion and Corvistone seems to be is harder resolve. Flying in the face of their own people."

"Let's have a show of hands. How many in this room think that, if it comes down to it- our soldiers can beat the combined soldiers of those two nations, all the way out in Rushmore?" Not a single hand went up in the room. The Kabaka nodded. "It is the harsh reality of the situation. They are superpowers. We... Well, let's not talk about it. Our influence has greatly increased over the years, alongside our national wealth. But we are not Eura. We are not Nephara."

"We must come out of this situation with a win." Isebantu Mutungi said. "We cannot afford to have backed them strongly, and then, just to see freedom fighters come to their demise. It's been 90 years since we've had a chance to positively influence events in NYK, for the betterment of the people. This is the opportunity that may never come again. It simply must be seized."

"We must think about this realistically, my son." Kabaka Mwanga said. "They got their first. We have to force negotiations. But we can't just have any negotiations, give Malik Akongo up to be slaughtered by his sister. No- we must force negotiations from a position of strength."

"We're looking at the long game now." The Minister of Defense said. And it was true. With the Euran blockade, it would be more difficult to supply KFF soldiers. With Nepharan troops on the front, it would be more and more difficult for the KFF to hold out, especially if their troop contribution was increased. The KFF was feeling the heat and the pressure from all the foreigners on their front. While the DFLK was making progress, and nominally allied to the Kitara Freedom Front, there was not a single person in Busukuma who trusted the DFLK.

"What are our goals for any negotiation?" Asked Japhia Ahenda.

"That is not the main concern now." Said Kobe Azizi, her boss. "The main goal is creating that position of strength. First, we have to create that position of strength- and specifically, for the KFF. We must get Corvistone and Bastion to see that Banija is not backing down, that those nations who are backing freedom, who back the KFF, will not back down. We do not fear Corvistone, we do not fear Bastion. That's how we earn their respect. Only then, can we write letters to the Prime Minister and Margravine, asking for some type of negotiations on the future of Nyowani Kitara. And not negotiations where we're simply negotiating for the life of Malik Akongo, as life returns to Nyowani Kitara as it under Boaz. No- real negotiations, real changes to their future."

"And we've gotta do so, of course, before DFLK troops simply overrun the KRF in the North." The Minister of Defense said. "It's good for the opposition in general, but eventually, they're going to have to refocus troops north as the DFLK moves South. Fortunately, those majority black towns in the north, especially Karora, are proving a handful to control- but they seem to be providing more resistance to the DFLK than the actual Kitara Revolutionary Forces. How do we create that position of strength?"

"An airlift." Said Lt. Gen Issa Shawel. Everybody in the room just looked at him. "Look- we've got troops in Gatchinovo. 30,000 of them. They've got a huge airbase. Of course, not humanitarian aid- that can come in the normal way, via the sea. We make it clear to the world- the Banijans will continue to supply troops, via airlift. We can fly over. We're not breaking the blockade- technically. But we're sending a clear message- we will not stand aside as Nepharans and Eurans aide Nafuna Akongo's government in the slaughter of their own people."

They all looked at each other. It would be a bold move, for sure. They all looked at Admiral Luke Agina. "Is this possible?" Kobe Azizi asked.

"Well, technically, yes." Adm. Agina said. "We have the capabilities for this. Our planes can fly that distance. They won't have to cross into KRF controlled airspace. They can probably refuel on the ground in Nyowani Kitara. We will establish this- these will be military transport planes only."

"Here's the question." Kabaka Mwanga said. "Will they be shot down?" And everybody in the room shrugged. That was an answer nobody had. "We must be clear in our statement- we will deliver these weapons. And we will have our Ambassadors to Corvistone and Bastion both hand deliver notes to the Foreign Ministers in the respective countries, so they understand exactly what is going on."

The sub-cabinet voted, and agreed on the plan. Over the next few days, the full cabinet voted in support, and then they announced the plan to the Lukiiko- who approved the plan with 328 votes in favor, and 170 votes against. And after that, the Kabaka gave a speech.

"My friends, good people of Banija. Banija has always stood on the side of personal liberty, of human rights, of freedom. We have been a strong supporter of human rights across the multiverse, no matter the region, for a long time- and our commitment to Nyowani Kitara remains the same. We have supported the Kitara Freedom Front because they are the basic vehicle to bring those freedoms to the people in that country, both black and white. For decades, and particularly under Boaz and now Nafuna Akongo, they have run a repressive state. Political dissent paid for your with your life, absolutely no say in the affairs of your government, and your future completely under the control of the State.

This is why we cannot, under any circumstances, support the unchallenged rule of the Kitara Progressive Workers Coalition, now led by Nafuna Akongo. The President showed her continuing unfitness to rule the country with her attempt to assassinate Mayor Max Ulf of the DFLK. It shows what her default setting is for dealing with opposition- and that is murder and assassination. Is she really the person fit to try and re-unite the country as they are in the midst of a brutal civil?

She cannot be trusted, but she is the head of a snake that called the KPWC. The party is all of the same stripe- none of them can be trusted. That is why we maintain that the KPWC must fall, and the KFF, who are currently allied with the DFLK, be allowed to take charge in Dewayo. That can not only save bloodshed now, but create a much better tomorrow for the people of that country.

It is entirely disappointing that Corvistone and Bastion have decided to double down in support of Nafuna Akongo. That error has showed the rest of the world the problems with the Government- and why they need to be defeated. This is why we condemn the move of Eura to establish a blockade. Just like humanitarian aide should be allowed into the country, the right to defend yourselves against the terror brought by the Kitara Revolutionary Forces has to be considered a human right as well. There is absolutely no indication that she won't go on a killing spree if she wins this war.

This is why the Banijan Government has deemed the blockade unacceptable. But we do not want to escalate into a shooting war with Nephara and Eura. Despite our serious differences of belief, we believe that both nations are important strategic partners of the Kingdom, and both will be integral in helping shape the future of Nyowani Kitara.

This is why we have announced our decision to continue supplying the troops of the KFF, through the air. While the blockade is likely against international norms, and is a poor idea, we will not engage. However, the blockade is via the sea- not the skies. We will strictly use military transport planes to continue the supply of weapons to the Kitara Freedom Front. The continued ability of the Kitaran people to defend themselves is the only way that the international community can be assured that this conflict will not turn into a slaughterhouse.

Meanwhile, the Banijan Ambassadors to Corvistone and Bastion hand-delivered the following letter from Isebantu Mutungi to the Heads of Government of both Nephara, and Eura, respectively.

To: Prime Minister Smith/Margravine Lindt

I write to you today, to explain the public remarks made by my Father regarding events in Nyowani Kitara. The stark disagreements between Busukuma, and Bastion/Corvistone on the Nyowani Kitara conflict are both clear and very public. They do not need to be rehashed in this letter.

I want to establish some things directly, to avoid an unnecessary escalation in conflict between Banijans and troops of your nation. #1- Military transport will be delivering weapons only. No Banijan troops of any kind will be landed on the ground, even for training purposes, in Nyowani Kitara. #2- These transport planes are exactly what they say they are- transport planes. We will fly over the Euran blockade, but the Kingdom will not escalate the conflict by bringing air power into the country. No fighters nor bombers , nor any kind of air equipment will be supplied- simply standard grade ground weaponry.

As a gesture of goodwill, we have discussed with Malik Akongo, and he has assured us that he will not attempt to do anything to dislodge the blockade. As a gesture of good faith, none of the military transports being used will have any sort of fighting capabilities themselves- it will be air force planes that are strictly for transport use. These planes, of course, will stay strictly in KFF airspace, and operate in and out of Inhalo. Therefore, it is our expectation that these planes will not be shot down by Nepharan or Euran forces.

The proverbial door is always open for further discussions with myself, or my Father, in regards to Nyowani Kitara.

From,

Isebantu Mutungi

Air Supply Route
The unlabeled country in black is considered the Gatchingerrak Union. The nation has been in Rushmore and participated in the last few WCs, but of course, is not officially on the Rushmori map. That IC location is where the air supply route from Banijan forces will happen from- flying from that country to Inhalo and back, so we have a visual of exactly what kind of routes these Banijan planes are flying.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Flavovespia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Flavovespia » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:33 pm

Savigliane vs Flavovespia

Preview

Intro:
Flavovespia will begin their tournament with what is on paper the toughest game in the group. Savigliane come into the Cup of Harmony ranked 17th in the KPB Rankings, and are the 3rd highest ranked side in the entire tournament. This is only their 4th cycle, but they made it to World Cup 87 and World Cup 88, the latter ending in a Round of 16 exit to Starblaydia in a thrilling 4-3 match. In a short time they’ve established themselves as a real team to watch going forward.

The game will be played in Carson Stadium, Cleorough. The stadium will be familiar to Flavovespia, it was where they played and won their Round of 32 and Round of 16 games in Cup of Harmony 78, against Tioguldós and South Newlandia respectively. The modern 80000 seater stadium is in the 4th largest city of Sylestone, and hosts Cleorough FC. Flavovespians who stay here until the end of MD3 may also enjoy exploring the aquatic life that lives near this seaside city.

Qualifiers:
A tough draw for Savigliane saw them face both Trolleborg and Ethane, who were well fancied from Pot 2 and Pot 3 respectively. A so-so start to qualifying saw Savigliane’s games against those 2 sides crucial to qualifying chances, and unfortunately the second set of those games ended in 2 losses, leading to a 3rd place finish. Away form was also an issue for Savigliane, with losses in Ethane, Osarius and Pratapgadh, and draws in Greater Vakliocci Haven, West Zirconia and Murphtannia. However in qualifying they scored 48 goals, helped by a 2-9 win at Bahia Roja, so on their day can be deadly in attack.

Past meetings:
Just the one, the last group game of CAFA Cup 1 saw Savigliane get the better of Flavovespia in a 3-1 victory, taking the group victory with them. Cookson's own goal gave Savigliane the lead. Coleman quickly equalised from a well played Feld assist, before Thea Squaraciafichi found it too easy to make it 2-1 before half time. Adrian Toscani was then fouled in the box with 11 minutes to go, he'd step up and score the penalty to put the game beyond doubt. Both sides had byes to the Round of 16 in the tournament, but went no further.

Tactical analysis:

An attacking 4-3-3 is the staple of Savigliane in international football. The style of play rely on fast, fluid movement from midfield to attack, with full-backs and 2 of the central midfielders pushing up to assist the 3 attackers. Savigliane are not afraid to put many players forward, even at the potential expense of conceding a goal. In some respects it’s reminiscent of the style of football a team chasing a goal might play, but they’ll do it from the kick-off, and do it well given their KPB Ranking. TlanxBall, named after manager Tlanx-Nulzk Hal, has certainly turned this nation into one of international football’s respected and entertaining teams in an impressive timeframe.

For Flavovespia, the defence is going to be critical in this game, to keeping them in it. Concede too many or too early, and there’s little chance of Flavovespia coming away with anything from this encounter. Tactically, expect Nick Cole to try and keep the more rigid, men behind the ball approach that they’ve utilised in the qualifiers. The proverbial “2 banks of 4” will come into play, and support from the wide midfielders may be needed in the centre of the park. Aarif Muhammad in goal will have to expect a lot of shots to come his way, and he’ll be hoping Thea Squarciafichi doesn’t get many clear cut chances, she won’t miss many of those. For the back 4, concentration is key and they must try and avoid being caught on their heels or out of position.

In midfield, Flavovespia will know they’ve probably got more defending than attacking to do in that position. Trying to win the battles for loose balls and any long balls downfield will be key to minimise the possession Savigliane have. As well as that, they’ll need to get pressure on their opponents, in particular Gabriel Buvalelli. He’s the key playmaker, but still one of the younger players on the squad. If the playmaker is under pressure, it can often disrupt the rhythm of the side. The midfielders must be ready to transition quickly on the counter, and be accurate with their passing, to create opportunities. The alternative is to exploit the space left behind on the wings, somewhere Steven Hall could very well do.

In attack, it’s fairly simple on paper for Flavovespia. There’s likely not going to be many opportunities compared to other matches, even though Savigliane are an attacking side, so the ones they get must be taken well. Against a side who do press forward in numbers, exploiting the space left behind is key, to create situations where there’s few defenders between the Flavovespian strikers and the goal. Counter-attacking situations are also ripe for potentially producing cards as well, especially if Michael Cole and Scott Coleman can get off the shoulder of a centre back.

Formerly the Republic of Greater Waldster, internationally known as Greater Watford. IC It's a long story (OOC I didn't like using real place names)

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019

Postby Hapilopper » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:42 pm

Team Hapilopper team hotel, Kirkham City, Sylestone
The night before Match Day 1: Hapilopper v. Jeruselem
Dom Probst and Thom Perkins weren’t quite sure what they had gotten themselves into as they relaxed at the hotel bar the night before the first match of the Cup of Harmony. Here they were, playing in a land of sentient appliances, being served by an appliance that knew how to make a good cocktail – one of the best cocktails they could have, getting ready to play a nation that was as known for its naked news broadcasts as their quality of football.

And those naked news broadcasts – specifically called “Naked News Jeruselem”, were getting to be a huge hit among the kids of Team Hapilopper. To the annoyance of the coaching staff and to de facto player-coach Nathan Ellis, the kids were studying the Naked News broadcasts about as intently as they studied game film, if not more. And that bothered Dom and Thom, who were enjoying a couple of cocktails as they lounged in the hotel bar.

“Got a bad feeling,” Thom said. “We’re the lowest-ranked team, we’re not expected to do a whole lot here, and yet our boys are more focused on, you know, those things.”

“I know what you’re talking about,” Dom said. “Maybe we ought to crack the whip. Maybe we ought to get Nate in there and start screaming at those kids. I mean, yeah, they’re kids and they like seeing hooters, but didn’t we make it expressly clear that this was a business trip?”

“I’m not sure they’ve been on many business trips involving naked women,” Thom cracked. “I think the last time those kids were on a business trip, I think they were trying to empty all the pizza places in Taeshan. They’ve grown up, or so they’d have you believe.”

And just then, with the grace of a wild bull, Nathan Ellis emerged from a nearby elevator, visibly pissed off about what was going on.

“Hey guys, I fucked up!” Nathan shouted, spotting Dom and Thom at the hotel bar. “Let’s play Jeruselem, I said, it’ll be fun, I said! Problem is, I got a bunch of horny 20-somethings watching those stupid Naked News shows.”

As Nathan walked to the hotel bar, took his seat and ordered a drink, Dom and Thom looked over at the team captain and realized they were probably going to be in trouble.

“Ellis, you’re playing tomorrow,” Thom said calmly, yet sharply. “Why are you getting a drink? We need you, of all people, to be as sharp as a tack.”

Nathan looked at Thom and shot him a deadly glare. Nathan didn’t normally drink 24 hours before a match, but this was different.

“Perkins, I’ve spent the last five hours trying to get 23 football players to pay attention to their opponents, not some stupid fucking public access window dressing,” Nathan said just as sharply. “Quite frankly, I’m sick and tired of it, I’m annoyed, and to tell you the truth, I’m downright pissed off. I need to spend time with adults, talking strategy, and talking about a way we can get over that shit and play a good football game. At least with you guys I can do that. At least we won’t have these problems with the other teams.”

“Oh, you want to talk strategy,” Thom said calmly. “OK, we can do that. How do you get around a team like that? A team that probably should have made the World Cup proper?”

“Simple,” Nathan said, thinking about it. “We source some saltpeter, put it in their breakfast, and tell them to follow my lead. Then we go out there, treat them like any other football team and fire them up. But I’m going to do something first. If I have to get sent off to prove a point, I’m going to fucking do it.”

“What are you going to do?” Thom asked.

Nathan pulled out his tablet and brought up a picture of Kate Dallas, striker for the Jeruselem Princesses.

“See this?” Nathan asked. “I’m going to nail her if I have to. First time she gets the ball, I’m going to drop her. Not going to hurt her, not going to injure her, but I’m going to level her to tell those boys that playtime is fucking over. We’re not here to ogle women, we’re here to do a job. I’m sick and tired of the naked bullshit, I’m here to win a ballgame. We ain’t going to the World Cup anytime soon if we end up looking like a monkey fucking a football out there. We’ve got to get our act together.”

“Well, I need you to NOT get sent off, Ellis,” Dom chimed in. “We’re not going to have a lot of chances out there. We’ve got four opponents, and I need you in there for all four of them, not for two. You’re the glue that keeps this team together, so if you’re going to do anything, be subtle.”

Thom chuckled at the concept of Nathan Ellis, still considered the dirtiest player in international football, being anything resembling “subtle.”

“OK? Don’t go out there and just flat KO Kate Dallas, go out there and do something that people aren’t going to notice,” Dom said.

“Dom,” Nathan started slowly. “It’s not about just cheap-shotting a player. I do what I do because I’m trying to get my teammates going. It’s what I did against the Kytlers. I leveled someone to prove a point to those kids out there. We’re here to win, and we’re going to do whatever it takes to do that.”
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Sylestone
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2018

Postby Sylestone » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:27 pm

The Sylestonean > Sport > Football > CoH 81

GROUP A: PREVIEW

CHAMBERLEY, SYLESTONE - For the second time in six years, Sylestone have won a Cup of Harmony host bid, following up the nation’s status as co-host with Ethane in the 78th edition with another in the 81st, this time with Zwangzug. It provides avid football fans across the nation with something to look forward to following such a hopeful qualification campaign, where the Sentients slumped from second place a the halfway mark down a spot to third with only eleven points in their final nine matches, including one in the last three. However, this does not mean that they are completely devoid of expectation, with the miracle run in the 78th Cup of Harmony still fresh in people’s minds, where the hosts finished in third place, despite coming into the tournament ranked 134th and 49th overall out of the 56 participating teams.

Like last time, the Sylestone Football Association (SFA) decided, with support from the Zwangzug Football Organisation, to place themselves in their proper pot at 59th ranked, where they would be ranked 24th overall out of 50 participating nations in what is looking to be a supremely stacked Cup of Harmony, with only 22 teams advancing to the knockout stages of the competition. As a result, the group that the Sentients have been drawn into looks to be a tough one, but one they can certainly escape from alive. However, a poor game or two will almost certainly spell an end to their campaign, but such is the brutal nature of the Cup of Harmony.

As is usual for hosts, Sylestone has been drawn into Group A, a group that looks tough at first glance, but will not be impossible. A top two finish is a possibility if the Sentients can defeat one of Yuezhou or New Lusitania, but that will also require near-certain victories over Sendhang and the war-torn Nyowani Kitara. Third place shouldn’t hurt for the Sentients, but that will leave them right on edge, with only two out of the ten third-placed nations qualifying for the knockouts. And being a side renowned for defensive football, to finish in one of those two slots is a very tough task indeed.

Matchday One: (59) Sylestone vs Sendhang (96) @ Chamberley Institute of Sport, Chamberley

International Record: 0-0-0
Prediction: Sylestone 1-0 Sendhang
Sendhang might only be ranked 96th in the multiverse, but the Melayuan side has just come off a very strong qualifying campaign, where they finished fourth in a group containing the likes of Valanora, Yuezhou and Vdara on 34 points, eight above Gyatso-Kai in fifth. They’ll certainly be in red-hot form, particularly after a 1-0 victory over Valanora on matchday ten and a 0-0 draw with Yuezhou, another side in this Cup of Harmony group. Over their past five games, the Sendhangites have won three and drawn two, without a single loss. In crash-hot form, one might say, and in stark contrast to the Sentients, who have only managed two wins, a draw and two losses. However, they’ve been able to take a bit of a break heading into the Cup of Harmony and with a friendly against the Licentian Isles coming up in the next couple of days, their current form will be on show heading into this match.

Matchday Two: (42) New Lusitania vs Sylestone (59) @ The Trees, Pesfield

International Record: 0-1-1
Prediction: New Lusitania 0-0 Sylestone
The pot two side in Group A, New Lusitania is one that the Sentients haven’t played against ever since their participation in the tenth Independent Associations Championship, now seven years ago. The two sides played two games around that time - the first being a friendly of which the Sentients held their opponents to a 1-1 draw, and the second being a 3-2 loss in the round of 16 in that same tournament, held in Omerica. Ever since then, though, the Sentients have come a long way and with a bit of luck and some strong tactical plays, could well and truly match the New Lusitanians without looking as though they’re fighting to survive. This match will be an integral one for both sides, though, as each looks to assert themselves inside the top two. With Yuezhou likely to stitch up first place in the group, only one spot remains for the other four sides to compete for, considering no one wants to leave their hopes on edge with a third-placed finish.

Matchday Three: (59) Sylestone vs Nyowani Kitara (118) @ Chamberley Institute of Sport, Chamberley

International Record: 1-0-0
Prediction: Sylestone 3-1 Nyowani Kitara
Back in Chamberley for matchday three, the Sentients will face the war-torn Nyowani Kitara in what may be a must-win match for both sides, depending on how their opening games go. The Nyowani Kitara side may only be ranked 118th in the multiverse, but they will be by no means a pushover, fighting to the very last breath following a dominant qualification cycle in their very first World Cup cycle, going 9-4-5 and finishing fifth in their group, behind the likes of Kandorith, Vilita, unranked Mertagne and Barunia. The two sides have met once before, in The National, where the Sentients recorded a 3-0 win, but times have changed since then. Both sides are now far better at football, making for a vastly more intriguing matchup, and one between a heavily defensive-minded side and an attacking-minded one. Will the New Kitarans be able to hold their own, or will the Sentients fight through and take all three points?
Fun side note: as Sylestone have twice the rank (not actual KPB) as the Nyowani Kitarans, this means that they have twice as much chance at winning, right?

Matchday Four: (33) Yuezhou vs Sylestone (59) @ Fiery Stadium, Dodle

International Record: 0-1-1
Prediction: Yuezhou 1-0 Sylestone
Sylestone will wrap up their group stage with a match against pot one side Yuezhou, ranked 33rd in the multiverse following a qualification cycle where they finished third behind Vdara and Valanora. But now, as one of the favourites to take out this Cup of Harmony, they will be back and better than ever, looking to really tear through their group and announce themselves to the multiverse as title contenders, despite the presence of Banija, Poafmersia, Savigliane and Vilita as fellow non-qualifiers. This match may be one of their hardest, but the Yue will look back at their history against the Sentients and know that despite being drawn against the hosts, they’d still be favourites. However, for those out there who have the time to catch a train to Dodle, located in the Cable Alps, please do so, because this game will certainly be one of the best of the tournament if both sides play to their utmost best.

Starting Lineup vs Sendhang @ Chamberley Institute of Sport, Chamberley
Brick Wall; Ironing Board - Toilet - Washing Machine - Dishwasher; Air Conditioner; Kitchen Sink - Bar Stool - Fridge (c); Heater; Tumble Dryer

Schedule:
Matchday One: Sylestone - Sendhang @ Chamberley Institute of Sport, Chamberley
Matchday Two: New Lusitania - Sylestone @ The Trees, Pesfield
Matchday Three: Sylestone - Nyowani Kitara @ Chamberley Institute of Sport, Chamberley
Matchday Four: Yuezhou - Sylestone @ Fiery Stadium, Dodle
Football: WC94 Qualifiers, CE35&36 semifinalists
Cricket: GCF WT20 XVI champions, ODI WT II semifinalists, GCF WT20 XV semifinalists, EspoT20 I&II champions
BoF 74, CoH 78, CoH 81, GCF WT20 XV, HWC 24, EspoT20 I&III

Lathamford
Envoy

Founded: Sep 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lathamford » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:32 pm

The Electric Double Track Project from Brightgates to Wigley is a project under the Ministry of Transport to provide rail-based public transport facilities to the public as well as connect the electric double-track network to Wigley from Brightgates. At the same time also increase the network of social and economic sectors to the east of the nation. It also increased the number of services as track capacity was increased and travel time was shortened. The provision of electric double-track infrastructure is based on the parameters of the project that is already completed such as between the two sectors.

The main objectives of the implementation of the electric double-track project from Brightgates to Wigley are as follows:-

1. Upgrading rail-based transportation infrastructure to meet the demand for passenger and freight transportation;
2. Reduce road congestion by introducing a modern and efficient rail service system;
3. Shorten travel time and increase track capacity which also increases train services.

The twin-track network in the nation will be complete with the implementation of the Brightgates and Wigley sectors and the movement of passengers and cargo will be easier and can be connected to neighboring countries such as Oakwood Landing. The twin tracks start from the 5th mile (Brightgates) and end at Wigley Station for 197 km. The design speed for this double track is at 190km/h and the operating speed is at 160km/h.

The construction of the twin tracks also involves a 25kV Electrification System, Signaling and Communication System as well as direct control from the Train Control and Management Center (TCCC) in Brightgates. At the same time, the integration of the LathamRail service system with the public transport service system such as buses and taxis has also been planned and implemented in several locations that have been identified such as Binton and Wigley.

The above project involves the construction of eleven stations as well as the proposed location of future stations in three locations. The alignment plan for the above development as well as the location of the stations involved can be consulted.

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:25 pm

2105 Election Buildup
Part 1: The end of an era?

Sarim - For the ruling Kibi Party, their dominance at the polls for the past 7 elections has been staggering. A grand total of 42 years of solo majorities at the election box, going from having a simple majority 42 years ago at the 2063 General Election, to the 70% win that gave them their supermajority in the 2081 General Election, Kibi Party had been enjoying such success unexplainable when compared to other countries. Some foreign countries have questioned the ruling party's ever increasing dominance at the polls, but foreign observers can only be left dumbfounded after they concluded that nothing out of the ordinary happened, no rigging involved, and the votes were fair and just.

Going into Poafmerisa's 22nd election using the proportional representation system, opinion polls put the ruling party at 60%, being slightly below the supermajority. These polls are typical fluctuations seen by the ruling government, and with a 5% error margin, it could be considered relatively safe for the ruling coalition. But the Kibi party is now going into uncharted territories. 65-years old Pikashru Nisharian has indicated that he would prefer a new leader be elected to shadow (and eventually replace) him, as the President withdraw from the secretary-general race. For the first time, a member of the Nisharian family will not be on the leadership council of the Kibi party. The first time in 200 years.

The Kibi Party has always been seen as the estate of the Nisharian family. At least when brothers Kuairn Nisharian and Jicidy Nisharian set it up, they had an iron grip on the party's policies and directions. Members of the family were becoming secretary-generals in their early 30s, and will stay in power for the next 4-5 elections before they hand over to either their family member, or someone else waiting in line. Pikashru Nisharian won the leadership contest at 29 years old, and become Prime Minister at 30, the youngest ever. Taking the party to 36 years of success, following his father, Yanistiv Nisharian, he was the Prime Minister that did the Modernisation & Reformation plan, renaming the Republic of PotatoFarmers to the Republic of Poafmersia, while enshrining the use of the old name in the Constitution, was undoubtly his biggest move till date. The opening up of the country, the establishment of the footballing team, and all, it was see as his brainchild and he was the leader to bring it forward.

Fast forward to the current situation. The early success of the Poafmersian national footbal team was emulated by other sports groups. Hockey (both Field Hockey & Ice Hockey) groups sent national teams. The two main colleges sent their handegg teams to the NSCF. Things were looking well, until the failure of the Red Panjias at the World Cup Qualifiers last year. Getting into the World Cup proper 5 years ago really spoilt the fans. Now they are wondering if the team is stagnating, something typical of Poafmersian teams domestically. Some are starting to question whether Poafmersia should move to increase their clout, following the legislature's silence on the situation in Nyowani Kitara that has been the topic of discussion. And Sarim, home to the most passionate of Nisharian supporters, are the ones who could very well lead a move away from the Kibi party. Losing the city's support would be death for the Kibi party. Politically, and spiritually.

Nyowani Kitara may become a key example of the political isolation that Poafmersia has been through all these years. Being absolutely apathetic on the situation there is not something that the pro-opening population is happy about. Those were the people that turned out in blocks to support the Kibi party 30 years ago, til today. With more younger people supportive of the opening up and plans to increase international clout, they would likely be looking closely at the developments of the situation and use the government's handling to decide where votes will go. And it might be important.
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:52 pm

Let's get this party started!

Group A
Yuezhou 1–2 New Lusitania
Sylestone 1–0 Sendhang

* Group A                Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 New Lusitania 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
Sylestone 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Sendhang 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
Yuezhou 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0

Group B
Chartistan 1–0 The Licentian Isles
Poafmersia 0–0 Sargossa

* Group B                Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Chartistan 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
2 Poafmersia 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Sargossa 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
4 The Licentian Isles 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0

Group C
Adab 4–5 Saltstead
Banija 0–0 Saint Eleanor

* Group C                Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Saltstead 1 1 0 0 5 4 +1 3
2 Banija 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Saint Eleanor 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
4 Adab 1 0 0 1 4 5 −1 0

Group D
Sharktail 3–3 Hispinas
Savigliane 3–1 Flavovespia

* Group D                Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Savigliane 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2 3
2 Hispinas 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
Sharktail 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
4 Flavovespia 1 0 0 1 1 3 −2 0

Group E
Sarzonia 1–1 Trolleborg
Jeruselem 5–2 Hapilopper

* Group E                Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Jeruselem 1 1 0 0 5 2 +3 3
2 Sarzonia 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
Trolleborg 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
4 Hapilopper 1 0 0 1 2 5 −3 0

Teams not listed in the tables had byes MD1.
Last edited by Zwangzug on Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2019

Postby Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:07 pm

OOC: A continuation of the WCQ storyline. An arrest was taking place, shots fired, shiny metal, chest pains men passing out, and people existing in two places at once. People existing in two places at once? How? Why? They know as much as the reader. Hopefully a week after all of that chaos, things will get back to normal.

Chapter 2
I haven’t written since the arrest. I just can’t blindly write down my thoughts as they come. To cut the poetry short, I’m pissed off, and confused. For seven nights I have went to sleep think I’ll wake up, and everything will have been dreams. Every night, my hope is in vain. For no reason I’ve been thrust into something I do not understand. My boss thinks my work did me in. It’s made me crazy. I’m now on leave. I am not crazy! I am not the problem. My work wasn’t hard. I was simply monitoring the arrest, making sure I could help with blowing my cover. When my friend was injured, I felt a heat. My body felt like I had died, rose again, died, rose again, died. I wasn’t hurt by bullets, I could bend the earth, and we got Akram Al-Baour. After seeing my old friend's face, and his eyes looking into the man who betrayed him, I passed out again. When I passed my last breath, I was back in the truck. Mission complete.

Why did it happen to me? Why did only Markus feel that heat with me? Me and Markus kept seeing that word, “Theiasquadium” what did that mean? Does it have anything to do with my pain? Everything that happened to me wasn’t made up by myself. As I wake up on the day of a comrade’s funeral, I know all of this was real. Only a handful people I know of from Church were revived even once. I’m neither of them. If i am not a liar, I’m either a madman, a god, or something else is happening. Hopefully my psychiatrist can help me when she’s off from her leave.

Apparently the EMT who helped me when I first “warped” passed away. I don’t know what happened to him.

21.08 7:45
“RekaTV 24/7…” the old massive television quietly broadcast messages into Nikola’s small living space. The TV was in a living room with a table attached. The apartment was fitting for a greenhorn in the Mobile Enforcement Unit, which was known for its pricy technology, but not its wages. The sky wasn’t bright due to the thick clouds. The grey ceiling of the world gave brith to heavy rain that hit the roof. Sometimes Nikola wished he could be transferred to the sister unit that operated in the west of the country, where the rain wasn’t anywhere near as bad. Even so, Nikola lived in a bustling growing city, the nation’s capital for the past few decades. Nikola looked at his breakfast, Proja, a bread, with cream “…Due to the calamities in Nyowani Kitara, Rekan exporters must stray from distant Rushmori-” With the press of a rubber knob, Nikola’s TV swapped stations with in a flash. Nikola began to surf the channels. “Things are dry near the Bay of Offerings,” a meteorologist said, “but, the Roth Basin and the capital will be experiencing high amounts of rain-” again Nikola moved up, “Don’t move, you dog,” a violent show, not good for today. Nikola moved up today and hit TV-4, maybe the private channels had some of those sports programs on.

Alas that wasn’t the case, “The funeral for Emergency Medical Technician and police officer Milo Alscher will take place today.” The morning news anchor spoke calmly and somberly for the man, his broadcast partner, a female, then took over, “Alscher reportedly had a heart attack while on duty in the fatal arrest of wanted criminal and ‘Underworldly Leader’ Akram Al-Baour, also known as Akram,” the news program cut to footage of the homes Nikola had been near a week ago, a familiar ugly facade was the focus, “Police continue to investigate the home of mr. Al-Baour in the municipality of Alter Platz, with a primary focus on a hidden underground basement full of illegal firearms.” Nikola wondered if any of the investigators had reacted to the same mysterious metal which Nikola had gotten chest pains from merely seeing the stuff on camera. Perhaps others were warping around the home through some unholy magic as well. Were they also returning to their body after a few minutes. Were they now impervious to bullets? Nikola stressfully changed channels, there was some unimportant gossip show groaning and moaning about a pop star called “SupperStar Sandra” signing a contract with a new label from outside the country.

Hearing what he felt was drivel, Nikola’s brain went back to arrest of Arkam, and the poor man who passed away, “Perhaps we should have been more careful with the mission,” Nikola mumbled to himself, “Did I have anything to do with this?” Nikola asked himself within his own mind, ceasing to speak from a mix of fatigue and a stress induced malaise. Nikola’s mind wandered over to his meal. Breakfast had been alright, but the palette must have been cursed by the news of today. In any case, the was nothing better to do than to get ready for the somber morning festivities. Nikola put away his plate as some goofy advert for soda brand ColaKolaCola softly screamed. Nikola smiled when the crying child flew away on a balloon and landed gently in a sand box littered with gold. Nikola got out his morning drink, a drink he had been told was named “Theias.” An outwardly coffee with an added ingredient known as theias added in. Nikola had been introduced to the beverage when he was the longtime victim and understudy of a vicious manipulator named Luka.

Luka was the leader of a group known as “The Green Order.” In years past Nikola helped this Green Order gain control over many powerful people. Eventually, Luka’s scheming was exposed after attempts to manipulate a cabinet member. Some in the police force, long Luka’s enemies, were able to bring Nikola out of brainwashing, and ended the Green Order. Those were the days for sure. While Nikola was himself brainwashed in those times, he somewhat missed the adventure. Luckily, the drink’s ostensibly benignant ingredient Theias helped Luka’s green order control Nikola. Theias was in actuality an addictive substance. Nikola took a sip of Theias, provided by his “rescuers” in the police force, and odd chest pains came after consumption. To not drink the gunk was to sentence one’s self to the hospital. With only two groups in the world who had the secret ingredient, Nikola’s hands were tied.

Life otherwise had been normal for the man in his late twenties. Nikola was sociable, mainly spending time with people he knew either from his apartment complex, or work buddy Markus. Speaking of Markus, he was going to arrive soon. The pair would save gas money by driving to the funeral together. Only a few people, mainly family and important officials, were having their expenses paid to travel to the outer rim of the Capital Region. Even so, people like Nikola had to attend, it was a tradition to honor comrades who died in the midst of an operation. A old closest door squeaked open. In addition to a few extra shirts in plan colors were some clear plastic bag. Inside was a dark grey suit coat and pants, a pale blue shirt, a black hat, and some other essentials. Nikola gently handled the bags, and got a black tie, the only one he owned.

There was a knock at the door, Nikola brushed his hair with his fingers. Nikola saw comrade Markus out the peephole, and slipped open the lock. “Morning,” Markus said, “I’m sorry I didn’t call back a few days ago,” Nikola waved a hand and tilted his face down, “it’s quite alright, we were all taken aback by that day.” Markus nodded, motioning to the stairwell, “today will perhaps give us both closure. Perhaps everyone.” Nikola exited his flat and began to walk with Markus, “Yes, perhaps everyone, brother."

Nikola could only hope.
Last edited by Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Squornshelan Remnant States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

CoH81 Draw

Postby Squornshelan Remnant States » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:26 pm

A Prospective on Group I
Salwan Mynhier

One point short of advancing to the qualification playoffs. It isn't the first time the Black-and-Reds have seen advancement slip through their grasp on the final day of qualifying. It likely will not be the last. And so the dream of qualification melts, not cleanly like fresh snowfall. It melts like chocolate left out in the sun. It curdles. It runs down onto the ground, mixing with dirt and filling in cracks in the concrete. It dries. Eventually it becomes part of the undifferentiated background of life, forgotten and trodden over like everything else that never came to be.

Welcome to the Cup of Harmony.

This edition, your Black-and-Reds will attempt to redeem their shortcomings and justify the presence of their names on this team's roster against what is numerically one of the weakest groups in the tournament. The Black-and-Reds represent Pot 1, third-lowest ranked among those teams. Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom are second-lowest among pot 2 teams, Indusse fourth lowest among Pot 4, and Britonisea are the lowest-ranked team in the entire tournament. Only Barunia are anywhere near the best team of their pot. Maybe we should start spelling garbage with an I. Fortunately, on the last two occasions that this team was drawn into a conspicuously weak group, they managed to advance, reaching the quarterfinal of IAC 10 and the second round of CoH 79.

The first opponent will be Indusse, who placed fifth in group 1 during qualifying. The Black-and-Reds have never met with Indusse before, but will need to quickly adapt to an unfamiliar opponent to start things on the right foot. Beginning tournaments well has frequently been a struggle for us, and a slip-up against the group's fourth seed would put them in a serious position right off the bat. They are an interesting challenge, with national talisman Leghorn in net, and genetically engineered algae-human-animal hybrid Goblin Grundjee at striker. Still, if we're discussing Indusse's tactics, it all starts and ends with Baskar Kumar. If Tabur and Hashemi can win the possession battle in midfield, and deny the Indusse superstar enough touches to create much, the Black-and-Reds should win. If not, this could be a very, very long match for the supporters. Following Indusse, the Black-and-Reds face Britonisea. The Britonish were eighth in group 15 during qualifying, and recorded an impressive upset win over Ko-oren on matchday 4. That type of spirit on their part must not escape the notice of Groothuis and her side, and the team will need to be on their guard to avoid a similar embarrassment. Following that, the only team against which the Black-and-Reds have prior history. They faced the Suns of Barunia twice during World Cup 86 qualifying, drawing away and then losing at home en route to a frustrating fourth place finish. The Suns finished World Cup 89 qualifying placed fourth in Group 3, and will be looking to take advantage of this weaker than average group to potentially make a surprise showing in the knockout rounds, despite the loss of striker Emmanual Carter. The star resigned from the team unexpectedly mid-qualifying, and Liesel Mclelland will hope to continue getting the best out of the players who have stepped into his shoes. The Black-and-Reds will be looking for their first ever win against Barunia, and will hopefully be in position by this point to clinch advancement with a good result. After a bye in matchday four, the top two seeds of the group will meet. Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom also placed fourth in their group, more or less where most would have expected them, but likely somewhat disappointed not to do a bit better. The match between these two teams should be an interesting one, with ZRH preferring to start play wide through wing backs Igorić and Kewić before working things back into the middle toward their attacking spearhead, Rawić. For the SRS, of course, things are rather the opposite, with the vast majority of attacks beginning with the central midfield trio before spreading wide in the attacking third.

The moral, as usual, is that there are no easy matches in the Cup of Harmony, melted puddle of chocolate though it may be. The final tuneup match for the Black-and-Reds was no easy stroll either. For the first time during Anne-Sophie Groothuis's tenure as manager, her side would face off against that of her home nation: les Incorrigibles d'Omerique. The last meeting between these two teams came four cycles ago in the group stage of Cup of Harmony 77. In one of the final matches of Kornelie Tamela's brief time in charge of the national team, they opened that tournament with a three-all draw, replete with defensive miscues from the Black-and-Reds for an extremely lackluster performance in that particular tournament. Led by preternatural good form from Damnagoras, who gave the Omerican defense fits en route to scoring a pair of goals, the Black-and-Reds again scored three goals, but hung on for the win. Shimski made a handful of important saves late, including an acrobatic dive to parry away Laurent's header on a 74th minute corner kick. With this result, the Black-and-Reds have now won 8 of their past ten. If they can carry that momentum with them to Zwangzug, oh what am I talking about, second round exit here we come.

FRND: SRS 0-1 HUE @ Olympiastad (cap. 47,550), Arkintoofle, Megabrantis, SRS

MD01: ERM 2-1 SRS @ Daulapura Stadium (cap. 40,000), Daulapura, Daula, ERM
MD02: SRS 4-0 MTU @ Lugina Computing Field (cap. 20,450), Yassaca, Sivolvia, SRS
MD03: HUA 3-1 SRS @ Estadio Metropolitano del Guayas (cap. 62,000), Guayaquil, HUA
MD04: SRS 2-1 TMB @ Sunergy Field (cap 37,550), Hunian, Algolia, SRS
MD05: OSY 3-3 SRS @ Red Bull Stadium, OSY
MD06: SRS 4-1 NWK @ Malgacorp Arena (cap. 29,350), Hensha, Megabrantis, SRS
MD07: DEL 3-3 SRS @ Golden Phoenix Field (cap. 150,000), DNAC, Catherina, DEL
MD08: SRS 4-0 OCI @ Slavnarzeczpospolitastadion (cap. 61,230), Lublova, Molvania, SRS
MD09: NPH 3-1 SRS @ Farham Arena (cap. 88,046), Sabrefell, NPH
MD10: SRS 4-1 ERM @ Synesoft Arena (cap. 38,600), Syneca, Sivolvia, SRS
MD11: MTU 1-2 SRS @ TBA
MD12: SRS 7-3 HUA @ Raftel Park (cap. 59,870), Chalesm, Megabrantis, SRS
MD13: TMB 2-0 SRS @ Trenton Park, (cap. 74,500), Lakewood, Severn, TMB
MD14: SRS 4-2 OSY @ Eichlen Stadium (cap. 37,500), Rudlit, West Flania, SRS
MD15: NWK 1-6 SRS @ TBA
MD16: SRS 5-4 DEL @ Castle Street (cap. 57,300), Jaglan, Algolia, SRS
MD17: OCI 1-4 SRS @ Emperor Boston Stadium, (cap. 60,000), New Ranton, OCI
MD18: SRS 2-3 NPH @ Albrechtsson Park (cap. 65,400), Damogran, Algolia, SRS

FRND: SRS 3-2 OME @ The Lutenstaad (cap. 75,000), Lutenblag, Molvania, SRS
CoH Schedule and Results:
MD01: INS  v  SRS @ Pacific Field, Bassabook, ZWZ
MD02: SRS v BRI @ Pacific Field, Bassabook, ZWZ
MD03: BAU v SRS @ Eagles Club, Forbridge, ZWZ
MD04: BYE
MD05: SRS v ZRH @ Eagles Club, Forbridge, ZWZ
Last edited by Squornshelan Remnant States on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederacy of Squornshelan Remnant States
Successor State to the Imperium of Squornshelous
World Cup 31 Champions
AOCAF Cup 69 Champions
ARC 1 Champions
World Cup:
2nd: 15, 38
3rd: 20, 25
SF: 18, 27
QF: 5, 11, 12, 22, 30, 32, 33, 34, 40
Ro16: 6, 7, 9, 16, 21, 23, 24, 28, 36, 37, 39, 90, 93
Group Stage: 8, 10, 13, 17, 19, 26, 29, 35, 41, 88, 91, 92, 94
DNQ: 14, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89, 95
Cup of Harmony:
QF: 6, 73, 75, 81
Ro16: 74
Ro32: 79
Group Stage: 76, 77, 87
Regional:
2nd: AOCAF65
3rd: IAC8, AOCAF67, AOCAF68
QF: IAC10, IAC13, AOCAF66, AOCAF70
2nd Round: IAC6, IAC7, IAC12
1st Round: IAC9, IAC11
Other:
BoF68 QF

Squorn is an unknowable entity -Mriin

Huayramarca
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 02, 2020

Postby Huayramarca » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:18 pm

Shango-Fogoa basin, 320 kilometers away from the Farf coast – 09/09/1984; 3:25 a.m.

The Huayramarcan fishing industry isn’t known for being the most equipped or capable one out in Anaia, Atlantian Oceania or wherever they would pop their noses for some fish, still, they would travel big distances in order to gather enough fish to carry on to the Huayramarcan coast and make a living for it. This time, traveling near the Farf coast was the riskiest adventure ever made by the industry, a group of ten ships decided to search and fish something that has been called “A problem for trade involving Farfadillis” Yes, as crazy as it sounds, a group of artisanal fishers travelled two weeks from Huayramarca to Farfadillis in order to fish krakens.

David, the captain of “El Zeus Criollo”, the largest ship of the group was reading more about the Shango-Fogoa basin in a random article, he laughed and said “Disgrace for someone, a business for others.” His son, Francisco, answered “Would be a business if we got a goddamn kraken”, David kissed a golden Rosary necklace he had “God’s will be with us, we will make a lot of money”.

Considering the abyssal depths in the Shango-Fogoa basin, the ships had to use improvised sonar systems in order to see where the krakens are and its depth, as they would decide to take some bait to the sea. Francisco was yawning, he said to his father “Should we go to sleep?” David responded “Hell no! We might see a kraken sooner than later” Francisco talked about the disappointing performance of the Huayramarcan National Team in the World Cup Qualifiers “Well, do you think that they performed ugly during the last couple of matches?” David said “Duh, horrible is a soft word for what they did”.

They started to speculate more and more while a third person walked into the cabin to grab a sandwich and some coffee to resist the final hours of his shift “You know what?” said Gonzalo, he continued after biting the sandwich “They didn’t what they are used to do with those rivals” David and Francisco were in shock, Francisco tried to articulate “Whaaa?” David exclaimed “Ah! Let me guess, it is related to Cristalina?” For context, Cristalina is the biggest brewery in Huayramarca, known for producing a range of alcoholic beverages.

The sonar alerted them about something below their boat, it was apparently big, David asked “Frank, please enable the heat cam, we need to decipher what’s going on below us.” Francisco enabled the heat cam and was able to notice a big and uniform red shape on the water, disappointment hit them as Gonzalo realized “It’s a damn whale, its not what we need to fish”. They sat in some chairs and Gonzalo continued “Yes, it’s related to Cristalina and a former player of them.” Francisco said “Sayri” referring to Gabriel Sayritupac, the second-best top scorer and winger of the Huayramarcan National Team “You’re not being serious, right?” asked again Francisco while laughing hard.

In a gossip-like situation, Gonzalo said “I know Sayritupac since he was a teenager, he has had alcohol issues due to depression, so it’s clear to say that he had something to do.” Huayramarcan TV infrastructure isn’t good enough to rely for, Francisco took his phone and showed a video of Sayritupac switching bottles with a Kalactian player. David said “Eh… It’s just a switch. Nothing to be worried off or nothing to validate there, we don’t know and we won’t ever know the content of that sports bottle.” Gonzalo was disappointed, as, per se Huayramarcans tend to trust each other when it comes to gossips and information like that one, nodded and said in an annoyed voice “You don’t trust me, right?” Francisco said “Oh, come on! It’s not a matter of trust, you haven’t opened that bottle nor were close to open it and confirm that they had Ayahuasca.1” To what Gonzalo said “But I know somebody who did”. David said “Doubt is our best companion here.”

As Gonzalo ate his sandwich, Francisco walked to a dirty and malfunctioning toilet, located at the end of the improvised living room of the boat and said “Dude, somebody needs to clean this mess, be thankful this is not a Sylestonian sentient toilet, he would’ve spanked the hell out of you.” David checked the cleaning routine form and read “Cleaned on September 1st” He went to the bedroom to wake up the rest of the crew members and screamed “Why you haven’t cleaned that fucking toilet?” The crew woke up, one of them saw her clock and said “Captain, it’s 30 past 3 am, my shift is due to be at 9:00 am” David insulted the crew “I told you to keep clean our common areas, aren’t y’all capable to follow a stupid request?”. Carlos, one of the crew members stood up, walked without a say and grabbed the cleaning tools in order to get rid of the mess in the bathroom.

“Florencia, the female crewmember checked her phone and noticed that it was 30 past 11 pm in Huayramarca, the Cup of Harmony draw was already finished, she checked the internet in order to see those who were drawn with the Condors. Unconsciously, she said “Quebec, Valladares, Le Choix, Lathamford” Some people were surprised at what she said, until David realized “That’s the Cup of Harmony draw?” Florencia said “Yessir, this is the draw, Group J.” David said “Go back to sleep, that’s all.”

The crew members turned the lights off and slept, as their duty finished only three hours ago. David closed the door and resumed the talk: “That’s a fairly interesting group, we have those ‘Quebecuá’, ‘Queblahblah’ I don’t know how it’s said; then Valladares that reminds of what you use to mark the limits of a property or your farmyard…” Carlos burst in laughter and continued “Valladares for your cattle yard, haha!” Francisco continued “The other nations are unknown for me, that means we should have extra caution with those ones, Caicedo should take that into consideration.”

Then, Gonzalo added more spice to the conversation, considering that Carlos is a Guayabalense refugee from Québec who decided to migrate for the Huayramarcan fisheries due to the language barrier up north of Huayramarca. “Have you heard about a new signing for the managerial team? There’s a guy called Rodolfo Zelada I guess… Oh! Zelaya.” Carlos got mentally pinged after listening the name, he asked “Rodolfo what?” In a pedant way, Gonzalo screamed “ZELAYA” Gonzalo said “It’s HE, HE, ‘El Maestro’”2 Gonzalo wondered “El Maestro? You know something that we don’t?” In a vindicative way Carlos said “Yes, El Maestro, the best striker during his active years, the best thing my eyes saw. Bryan Tello is nothing compared to what Zelaya means in football.”

Shocking faces were seen among the group of crew workers talking, more tension came suddenly as the sonar went mental pinging, the heat camera showed a big mass and multiple ramifications. Francisco said “It’s a damn kraken! Look at the tentacles, the size, this thing is perhaps 45 meters long!” David said “Money, money is here! Go wake up the crew, that ceviche3 meat won’t capture itself!” Carlos went crazily to knock the door and wake them all, he screamed “Kraken time!” People wore their attires as fast as possible and were ready to try to catch the mythical creature that torments the mysterious lands of Farfadillis. Among those, there is 15 years old in the shape of Tristán Illarramendi, a young Huayramarcan aspiring to make a living for his poverty-hit family in the rough international seas. Tristán was asked to throw bait, he took a big chunk of tuna and put it into a cable system with counterweights that put the bait into the depths.

The kraken has a powerful sense to detect blood, it’s powerful body was coming from the abyssal depths of the Shango-Fogoa basin at an incredible speed, an harpoon with three defused grenades attached to it right into the kraken’s body, the attempt from Carlos failed but seems that the kraken got injured with the grenades and metal fragments of the harpoon. “The kraken is now furious” said Tristán while he saw a large tentacle appearing from the depths, it slapped one side of “El Zeus Criollo” Carlos thought “Let’s act and do it like Zelaya does in football ‘there’s no victory without suffering’” Carlos threw oil to the water and drop a cigarette, setting one of the kraken tentacles on fire.

The gigantic creature was clearly annoyed and caused a wave with its tentacles, big enough to almost cause a rollover in the ship, but Carlos once again threw a dozen of grenades when the kraken popped his head in the surface, it was effective as the attacks reduced. David said “Tristán, take harpoons and shot him on head.” Tristán gave harpoons to Florencia, Carlos and some other crew members. Six shots at the same time in order to kill the kraken, or maybe not? The kraken was taken in pieces by a gigantic net, then dismembered and processed to be put in a freezer.

David, Francisco and Carlos were rejoicing on the killing, saying “Now, we will have money and lots of ceviche for tourists in our coast.” Francisco was frightened when he saw the sonar and the heat camera, he managed to see a gigantic mass with ramifications once again, but this time it was a kraken with at least 150 meters in length, Carlos said “Well, it was a pleasure to meet and work with y’all…”

To be continued.

1 - Alcoholic beverage used by Huayramarcan indigenous people to cure altitude sickness.
2 - Nicknames of the new assistant coach, Rodolfo Zelaya.
3 - A traditional dish of the Huayramarcan cuisine, made by either crab, octopus, etc.

Population: 36 million, demonym: Huayramarcan, capital city: Chuquiago, languages: Spanish, Quechua, Aymara + 6

CAFA VII Champions

Independent Athletes from Quebec
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 20, 2020

Postby Independent Athletes from Quebec » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:40 pm

A Hotel, Cham, Zwangzug

Shitty performance equals shitty treatment, really? What kind of logic is that. Henri Tangganga thought, as he got out of the showers and slowly walked back into the bed. The shower was...alright - the water was hot and the water pressure wasn't one that posed problems for him, but the wet floor and humidity inside the bathroom had meant that he was going to regret a mistake choosing to shower with hot water in middle of summer.

Not that a cold shower would have improved the realities for the Grim Reapers though - the catastrophic second-half collapse for the Grim Reapers had consequences, as George Wangolo, their now-ex manager, was fired in middle of the second-leg of playoffs, the Banijan being flown back to his home in Quebec City to avoid potential consequences. The players themselves were pelted with shower of tomatoes and cabbages after the match, before finding themselves standing before all three team buses being set on fire. So in the end, there was no surprise the Grim Reapers had ended up in a hotel that was a good place for sleeping, but was a blind-eyed insult in disguise.

'It can always be worse,' said Frank Lundrigan, as he turned to the left to see Tangganga in a shower gown. He was switching television channels, trying to find the right television channel for the two roommates to watch out of vain attempts. 'Being brought back from death for each and every one of fifty spanks with a Mjolnir, that's always an alternative. The one that happened after a home draw to an extremely underperforming Recuecn side...especially hurt.'

This was true. While the nation may have been away for a solid dozen years from international football, the expectations had remained somewhat the same. Unfortunately, this meant that the nation had very little patience for any underperformance by the Grim Reapers, who seemed to be making consistent progress over the initial 5 years since their return....but have regressed since. While some optimists among The Bubonic Plague saw this national tragedy as an opportunity for winning a trophy, the majority of this preferred to see this as a consolation trophy and no more, and gave no penny to the team that lost to RiZeALaND and crapped the bed against Recuecn at home.

'I'm sure we can end up somewhere better than this barn, that's for sure,' Henri Tangganga sighed as he looked into the mirror, carefully combing his hair with both his hands. 'Like why even declare for the national team if this is what we gonna get for repping the Tricolour?' Frank didn't answer back, as he watched Henri carefully handle his hair. 'I could just be back in the Island (PLI) or Krytenia if they really wish to be,' he grumbled.

'Sure, but it's not like you and I have another country to declare, so to say,' Frank shot back, dragging his words as he turned off the television. No solution was found in the end. 'I mean, I technically can declare for Vdara, but you know that's not gonna happen anytime soon. And you didn't have a choice either.' At least this part was true, as Henri shrugged along. It was clear to both of them that this roommate arrangement wasn't going to work, even if that was done out of good intentions by the coaching staff. Frank Lundrigan, whose appearance looked a lot more Vdaran (tanned, curly black hair) than a Quebecois, spoke little and had a grudge contest with Enrico, the team's best-scoring option, to the point where they never played at the same time. Tangganga, in the meanwhile, behaved more like an average zoomer, dying his hair red, listening to rap and trap, and probably spending his time on a nightclub in Stanton (or Emberton or Avidia, assuming he was willing to travel).

'Alright,' Henri answered, with his hair at least set for the day. The complaint - over the poor conditions the Grim Reapers were left with for the past month leading up to the night before the Cup of Harmony - certainly didn't work against a long-experienced captain of this rapidly aging I.A. Quebec side. Time to switch the topic. 'Got any interesting stories from newspapers?'

'Why, yes.' Frank answered, finally feeling delighted that Henri's willing to listen to him for something, even if it would be a gossip. 'Have I ever told you about Alulim Sinmuballit and Emma Arthur? The Adabians?'

'You did, a couple of times. Emma Arthur is that hot chick who plays middle, and scored on me on the first minute right?' Emma Arthur's abilities as an elite midfielder, combined with remarkable talent the Adabians held on the midfield with Arthur-Sinmubalit-Orlew trio as starters, were not forgotten by the Quebecois, who survived a back-and-forth affair in their 3-2 friendly match victory just a year and half ago. 'Why those two?' he asked.

'Oh, mostly over how the Adabian media's erupting all over with the news that Alulim's involved with either Emma Arthur or Aida Kaykali, the daughter of their manager. You know, that old man who married a princess long ago, like Xavier Hertel himself.' Whether it had meant good or bad in this case, Henri had a hard time figuring out. Everybody in Quebec had known about the famous marriage of Xavier Hertel, the greatest left wing this country had produced, and HRH Anna, Jeruselemite princess and a senior royal in the family, and you'd hear their stories from time to time on the media. 'The Adab Times seem to think that it's a non-issue, dismissed any rumour involving Aida Kaykali, before concluding that we should leave Arthur and Sinmubalit alone. What do you think?'

'They are adorable, and I'd hardcore ship that,' answered Henri. 'It's a good thing that a couple can find each other outta blue, though they probably knew each other for years by now. I dunno how interfaith relationships work over there, but really does it matter?' As you could figure out from the said comment, it's clear to anybody that Henri, a Catholic from a rural PLI, did not have the highest of grades in geography or world history class back in high school. He then continued, 'Of course, I could hear JC being pissed the moment he reads that news, but uh..'

'Babin, eh?' said Frank. 'Sometimes I feel worried about him, in all honesty. To be stuck in a room with Marco Hertel's never the way to go. Not sure why coach Wangolo did that back in time either.'

'Yeah. Well, it sucks for JC, but we know he's a bit of a fool at times, and that's something to enjoy for us all.' Henri chuckled, realising on the inside that he had won a bet with Enrico Hanson-Conavacio, the team's lethal striker over whether Jean-Christophe Babin's going to stand a chance with Emma Arthur. 'Like millions of roses in the middle of Baghdad is a juicy, kinky idea to impress, but like...I don't know. That's how you win a girl's mind. JC's so awkward with girls, not sure how he's...'

'Eh, it happens,' Frank shrugged, as he picked up his pocket right next to the pillow.But what I'm saying is that in the end, winning is the only thing that matters. You know, we at least don't have to worry about an intra-team love affair, even if it's adorable and all that. Fans don't care the shit we go through. Just win and they will leave us alone, but lose and play terribly and you'll get what you expect us to get. Whether it be a routine spanking with a Mjolnir, be booed off the pitch and have our team buses set on fire.'
Last edited by Independent Athletes from Quebec on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Sylestone
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2018

Postby Sylestone » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:36 pm

Cutoff for matchday one, Groups F-J!

Group F
Mertagne 3–4 Savojarna
Vilita 4
–2 Juvencus

* Group F                             Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Vilita 1 1 0 0 4 2 +2 3
2 Savojarna 1 1 0 0 4 3 +1 3
3 Mertagne 1 0 0 1 3 4 −1 0
4 Juvencus 1 0 0 1 2 4 −2 0

Group G
Oberour Ar Moro 2–1 Siovanija and Teusland
Schima Bas 2–4 Geektopia

* Group G                             Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Geektopia 1 1 0 0 4 2 +2 3
2 Oberour Ar Moro 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Siovanija and Teusland 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
4 Schima Bas 1 0 0 1 2 4 −2 0

Group H
Le Choix 1–1 Huayramarca
Lathamford 3–3 Independent Athletes from Quebec

* Group H                             Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Huayramarca 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
Independent Athletes from Quebec 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
Lathamford 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
Le Choix 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1

Group I
Indusse 2–4 Squornshelan Remnant States
Britonisea 1–4 Barunia

* Group I                             Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Barunia 1 1 0 0 4 1 +3 3
2 Squornshelan Remnant States 1 1 0 0 4 2 +2 3
3 Indusse 1 0 0 1 2 4 −2 0
4 Britonisea 1 0 0 1 1 4 −3 0

Group J
TJUN-ia 1–0 Atheara
Darmen 1–2 HUElavia

* Group J                             Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 HUElavia 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
TJUN-ia 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Atheara 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
Darmen 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
Last edited by Sylestone on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Football: WC94 Qualifiers, CE35&36 semifinalists
Cricket: GCF WT20 XVI champions, ODI WT II semifinalists, GCF WT20 XV semifinalists, EspoT20 I&II champions
BoF 74, CoH 78, CoH 81, GCF WT20 XV, HWC 24, EspoT20 I&III

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:45 am

Jeruselem Manager Pekora Dancer and Naked News Jeruselem's Aidra Nene in ZwangZug (including bunny ears)

Aidra: Hello, this is Aidra Nene for Naked News Jeruselem! We're in ZwangZug for Cup of Harmony 81 because we didn't qualify for the World Cup 89 ... but we're here and with me is the team manager Pekora Dancer.
Pekora: Hello everyone
Aidra: First qualification game of this Cup of Harmony, after a break between now and the World Cup 89.
Pekora: I guess we needed the break. I'd prefer we got the World Cup 89 qualifiers and got into the World Cup 89 itself.
Aidra: Today in Group E, Sarzonia played Trolleborg and Jeruselem took on Hapilopper. Because of the odd number of teams, Bollonich had the bye today.
Pekora: I hate byes

Aidra: Sarzonia held Trolleborg to 1-1 draw to give both teams their first points. I guess, that's good for us
Pekora: If our rivals keeping drawing games and we win, it's all good for us.
Aidra: Surprised Trolleborg didn't win?
Pekora: Sarzonia despite their shitty ranking, know football. Don't underestimate them.
Aidra: Bollonich had to watch today, but it means they play 4 games in a row
Pekora: It's best having a bye early than last game

Aidra: Our opponent today was Hapilopper, I guess a team we SHOULD beat on the virtue of them being lowest ranked.
Pekora: We have expectations placed on us, we have to perform.
Aidra: Well, we didn't have much issue as we won 5-2 to score our first points. Also means Hapilopper got zero points.
Pekora: A good start but we can be better, we let in two goals today
Aidra: But we still have three games to play and the games get harder
Pekora: Yes, 3 points is not enough to be safe. We need three wins to be safe.

Aidra: Is it important to top the group
Pekora: Yes, if you finish second you end playing the winner of another group which will be most likely be one of the good seeds
Aidra: So to avoid playing an equally high seed early
Pekora: Looking at how many top 30 seeds we got here, we don't want to play some of them
Aidra: Strong offensive performance but work to do with defense
Pekora: There's always some improvements, we aren't perfect by any means

Aidra: If we were perfect, we would qualify for the cup ...
Pekora: Yeah, pretty much that.
Aidra: But we could have qualified if we had more luck
Pekora: Yes well, this time round we didn't get much luck during the World Cup 89. Maybe we used it all up last cup
Aidra: Well winning this cup is still an opportunity
Pekora: I don't know about that, we've never won the Cup of Harmony

Aidra: It could be this one ...
Pekora: Maybe
Aidra: Well, we can all live in hope because we're here
Pekora: We can only try, I don't guarantee anything.
Aidra: Well, I'm not much help with anything football.
Pekora: Doesn't your brother play football?

Aidra: Yeah but I got none of those skills. I got good looks!
Pekora: What skills do you have?
Aidra: I wanted to be a real actress but the pay was shit, so I ended doing ... porn.
Pekora: Well, you're good at that from what I've seen.
Aidra: I aim to please ... that came out all wrong
Pekora: That's OK, I have to put with that with Princess Kate as a friend.

Aidra: That's it from ZwangZug, Jeruselem start with 5-2 win and hopefully more of those.
Pekora: I don't promise that but I'm trying
Aidra: See you all later. Actually I'll back today with some totally unrelated stuff to this cup.
Pekora: Oh yes, you do the really random stuff on Naked News.
Aidra: Yes well, I'm a bit random anyway.
Pekora: Sure are.
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

Atheara
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheara » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:30 am

Athearan Sport Ordering News
ASON.com.ah/football/dom-COH/ASL-81
The website for all your Athearan sporting needs, and many non sport related stories!

◯Log in or Sign up!|.Home.|.Football.|.Hockey.|.Baseball.|.Chess.|.FAQ & More▼

Football > Domestics/Cup of Harmony > ASL/81
Atheara Opens Cup of Harmony With a Good Game But Not So Good Result
As many may have heard, the Cup of Harmony had just kicked off, with Atheara facing TJUN-ia on Matchday 1 in the Bug House, in the city of Twineur, Zwangzug. It tends to end bad when you face one of the top 2 seeds on the first matchday. And the result does say that Atheara is going off to a bad start. The TJUN-ia Jaguars defeated Atheara's Blue Guard by a scoreline of 1 - 0. But, the result doesn't really tell everything, apart from that Atheara and TJUN-ia fought a very close game. Joe Green scored the only goal of that match on the 12th minute. Meaning that Atheara had 78 minutes to equalized and failed to do so. But, it's not the game we are going to be talking about.
A Pie Chart on several polls on where Atheara will finish in Group J

We are going to be talking about the ASL! That's right, your beloved new Athearan Super League will be most likely starting after the final matchday of this Cup of Harmony group stage. However, it may be delayed until Atheara is eliminated from the Cup of Harmony if Atheara does proceed to the next stage of the tournament. Not only that, the ASL has also seen several foreign players signed, mostly free agents, and even a few Athearan players (Including Athearan NT first team goalkeeper captain Mugel Krygorf) leaving for greener pitches outside Atheara. The Athearan keeper has won the international debutant Athearan L1 (Predecessor to the ASL) and the Athearan Championship.

Now, what do you think about it? Who will win the League? Will Atheara be able to crawl out of the group stage in this Cup of Harmony? It is possible, even though it is quite a bit unlikely, with TJUN-ia and HUElavia expected to go through as top 2 in the group. But, with how Atheara played during this year's WCQ Qualifiers and the fact that HUElavia missed out on the WC, anything is possible!

Atheara Cup of Harmony 81 Group Stage
MD 1: Atheara 0 vs 1 TJUN-ia @ Bug House
MD 2: Atheara vs Darmen @ Bug House
MD 3: Atheara vs HUElavia @ Wayr Stadium
MD 4: Goodbye
MD 5: Atheara vs Milchama @ Wayr Stadium
This outlet was written by Curtis Galheln - Ooderadzen, he has written 17 outlets.
A T H E A R A | A N A I A
"I'm not sure about being as obvious as other people."
Football
Jenna Raven Cup I Champions!
3rd in the 75th Baptism of Fire!

Ice Hockey
3rd in the 19th World Junior Hockey Championships!
Ro32 in the 47th World Cup of Hockey
If you were wondering, the girl on my flag is Vill V from Honkai Impact 3rd. Your welcome.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports