NATION

PASSWORD

The 81st Cup of Harmony: Sylestone and Zwangzug (Everything)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:44 pm

I must admit, I am 100% lost with tracking scores and goalscorers, and everything like that. Will take time to update them as and when I can do that, in the mean time, if you want to consult me on possible lineups/goalscorers, my TGs and Discord DMs are open.

2105 Election Buildup
Part 3: Football Diplomacy?

Sylestone - It is insane, isn't it?

The Cup of Harmony bracket can't get much worse, in all honesty, and Poafmersia's bid to take home their first WCC trophy is really difficult, by any standards.

Standing between the Red Panjias and the finals, are 3 tough opponents, who all failed to earn their tickets to South Newlandia and Tikariot for the final showpiece. First of all, is Jeruselem, whose naked princesses have been around for god-knows-how-long. And then the winner will face either Savojarna, or Vilita. Chances are, it is Vilita. And the former World Cup winner will certainly be a pain in the ass when they actually come over to fight for the title.

The winner of that quarterfinals plays one of Chartisan, Eraman, Nyowani Kitara and Banija. Yes, you heard us right, Banija. The 5th-ranked side will be the favourites to win the title, but given that purely by rank, Poafmersia is also another favourite, it will likely be an impossible battle to predict. And it depends on whether the Red Panjias can find the form that deserted them throughout the group stage, where the team relied on a huge trashing of Sargossa by Chartisan to squeeze into the Round of 22.

Poafmersia's relationship with the beautiful game is and will always be known as one of the key masterpieces of Pikashru Nisharian throughout his term, with the current national team head coach Adnan Suliaha being the brainchild of the usage of football. And that is why, the successes of the national team somehow plays a role in all of this political bickering. Even as the coach asks all Poafmers to unite together in the toughest charge in Poafmersian history. A trophy at the end of this campaign would be the best result for the head coach, who remains very dissapointed by the team's unexplained drop in form at the qualifiers.

Although the pressure often lies in football, there are a variety of other sports which Poafmersia has been trying to grow, to various success. The country's participation in hockey competitions will likely be the next step to recognising more competitions. With more international competitions, the team will gain more international exposure, it was said. But may are questioning the Kibi Party's approach, saying that in that case, the country should pursue more relations with the major powers in sports. Nothing much has been done.
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Sylestone
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sylestone » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:58 pm

Cutoff for the Sylestone side of the round of 16!

Chartistan 0–0 Banija (1–1 AET) (5–3 pen.) @ Sunlife Stadium, Halpenley, Sylestone

Eraman 1–1 Nyowani Kitara (2–2 AET) (4–2 pen.) @ Carson Stadium, Cleorough, Sylestone

Jeruselem 0–2 Poafmersia @ Ground of Dunkirk, Dunkirk, Sylestone

Savojarna 3–2 Vilita @ The Trees, Pesfield, Sylestone

Sylestonean Quarterfinal matches
Chartistan - Eraman @ The Bay Reserve, Betham

Poafmersia - Savojarna @ Sentient Oval, Kirkham
Last edited by Sylestone on Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Football: WC94 Qualifiers, CE35&36 semifinalists
Cricket: GCF WT20 XVI champions, ODI WT II semifinalists, GCF WT20 XV semifinalists, EspoT20 I&II champions
BoF 74, CoH 78, CoH 81, GCF WT20 XV, HWC 24, EspoT20 I&III

Chartistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2020

Postby Chartistan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:17 pm

The following is a transcript from a video from The Drawk Guy, a Drawkian who immigrated to Chartistan and now resides in Billboard. Thanks to Chartistan shocking the footballing world once more and beating Banija on penalties in the Cup of Harmony 81 Round of 16, he had some choice words to say...

Chartistan are the best team in Sonnel.

Do not scratch your eyes, do not tune your TV, this is an actual fact I'm starting to come to terms with.

All my life, I stuck by the Drawkian press and the rest of the Drawkian fans by saying that there is nobody in this region that can beat us 9 times out of 10. We are the Kick Corps, the best team in Sonnel and one of the best in the multiverse... But I mean, we never actually went to a World Cup Semi-Final and have only one IAC title, but we still could beat up on any team from our region every day of the week. I always thought something catastrophic would have to happen for someone to actually be better than us in our own region, but folks... That day has happened.

Chartistan... GOD DAMN CHARTISTAN... Are the best team in the region.

If you told me that this would happen 2 cycles ago, when we were coming off co-hosting the entire tournament with Newmanistan and this team was laughed out the damn Baptism of Fire by Cirrus Azale thanks to Tatertot Crazy at rightback, I would probably tell you to go to the Confederacy of Nationalism. This team would never in their entire history touch us, that the Elite Eleven would win the World Cup before Chartistan even surpass us in the rankings ONCE, and now...

Now they only JUST BEAT BANIJA ON PENALTIES.

Banija, one of the mightiest teams in AO, a team that, mind you, just 3 cycles ago won the whole damn World Cup, have in this cycle ALONE, finished 3rd in their qualifying group, scraped into the Round of 22 and got knocked out of the Cup of Harmony... By CHARTISTAN. The same Chartistan that was begging after Matchday 1 for Adult Royce to come back after disappearing thanks to a red card that he wanted for himself. This team with only 22 players on their roster and their manager playing centerback alongside Liam Barney and Florence "I Love My Country" George, who is probably begging for another truck at this point... And they just beat the 5th best team in the multiverse.

What do we have to show since 86? Bottom of the group in 87 and not qualifying for 88 and 89. The Elite Eleven aren't actually good, they're just 11 blokes who pretend to be elite footballers and instead humiliate themselves on an international stage, all the while Chartistan has beaten Savojarna, Taeshan twice, Quebec, Poafmersia and now BANIJA since they entered 87. And they're only the 78th best team in the multiverse, sandwiched in between a Teus alt-rock band's name and the Blouman Empire.

Guys... THEY'RE RIGHT ON OUR HEELS!

We are no longer the best team in this region. We certainly not the best in the world, not with Squidroidia, Twicetagria and Kandorith having World Cup miracle runs and reaching the top 20, not with Sharktail in a Cup of Harmony Quarter-Final, and certainly, CERTAINLY not with what we saw at Halpenley, which sounds like a name for a Ko-orenite supermarket chain. Young Brandonson certainly has to be getting calls from big clubs right about now, he's scored 4 times in the past 2 games for Chartistan and is having Adult Royce smiling off in Sylestone pleased he got out of that mess. Young Brandonson, the guy who had to step in because of Kimmi Yamjune stans rigging the Hot Chart, would probably hit a strike halfway up the pitch better than ANY of our players! Ye could save shots better than Septimus Xander! THE ELITE ELEVEN ISN'T ELITE! Not when Air Latte could be cutting through the field with precision!

Enough is enough. I'm TIRED of the arrogance the Elite Eleven have shown us. If it were up to me, if I were running the show at the DISC, it would be simple as night and day.

DISBAND THE ELITE ELEVEN AND BRING BACK THE KICK CORPS.

Look, when the Kick Corps were sucking, I wanted the Elite Eleven to succeed. To tell everyone to suck it and steamroll Nephara and Valanora and Cassadaigua on the way to our first World Cup. But they are getting LAZY and ARROGANT, and not winning a World Cup game since 86 is a clear sign of that. The Kick Corps have been in exile long enough. GIVE THEM A CHANCE. Otherwise I'm sure that Chartistan will beat us 13-0 in the World Cup 95 qualifiers.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Trolleborg
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Trolleborg » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:11 pm

Greetings, compatriots!
It’s TTV from the Cup of Harmony. Unlucky defeat from Geektopia four years ago and chain of rather traumatic defeats recently undoubtely make us all see things with worry. Head coach added some salt to this bring serious changes into the lineup. Altought it was rumored, that he consider put Krogh into the post number one, in the end he give place to the Kot Kotsson. But considerably remake every other line. Kerr sit whole game at the bench, but sometimes was send to warm up – probably Morten Troghil gauged opponents reaction on this and make some conclusions for himself. Gulbranden was made sole forward in the first half, and succeed to add a lot of troubles into the life of Geektopia defensive players. Five midfielders do what they can to bring even more problems for them. As a result, our lads have a good chances to go to changing room with good score. Geektopian defenders have a troubled time at the first half while fighting with our formidable forward and even having numerical advantage two against one they don’t always succeed neutralize him, and at the end they all was sweaty and breathing heavy. But Gulbranden don’t at the end bring the ball into the net, altough once he made a header after which it’s left bar save Geektopia. After first half Gulbranden and Kjelle was substituted for Limburn and Berglund, who was fresh and eager to prove themselves. Altought second half began with a dangerous attack on our box, and ball flew just wide of the net, our players rather calmly controlled the game. We all know, however, how everything can changed in the international football, but at this game all ended well. At the middle of the second half Limburn make a dribble on the edge of the box and, while falling after encounter with the defender, succeed in passing ball forward. Finnsnes moved out of blue and make a mighty shot at the far corner. Ball hit the post with the loud clang, but Berglund was first on the rebound, and then flew into the net along with the defender who try to hopple him.

Fortunately for us all, this was the only goal at this game. So our lads will play with another well-known opponent, Sharktail. Blue predators won their group while being only third seed, and then put out of the game strong HUElavia team, which was by itself tells a lot. Our teams meet only once, at the group stage of IAC-10 in Omerica. After dreadful beatings by Lusitania at the first game our lads find enough strength to put themselves back into play and into the second place, which gave a chance for qualifiyng to the next stage. At the last game of the group stage we meet with Sharktail, Finnsnes and Gulbranden scored in a 2-1 victory for Trolleborg and move our team into the playoffs. Blue Predators lineup changed almost completely from that time, so there was not too many familiar faces, but relations between teams looked rather cordial, and our fans cheer for Sharktail when opportunity arise at Melayu Cup. Right now, however, we need all sympathy for our own team, since we are clearly not a favourite in the circumstances.

It must be noted at the end, that at the first playoff round there was already enough giants fallen – heavy favourite to win it all Banija was handed totally unexpected defeat by Chartistan and Jeruselem which was won our own group, is lost to Poafmersia. It’s pity that we don’t seen Naked News coverage of CoH anymore this year!

Squornshelan Remnant States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

CoH81 R16

Postby Squornshelan Remnant States » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:26 pm

Cup(sets) of Harmony
Salwan Mynhier

It certainly isn't the quarterfinal lineup most would have predicted. This cycle's Cup of Harmony draw featured nine teams from within the top-32. Only three remain. Banija, a popular choice to win it all, are gone, dispatched on penalties by Chartistan. Fellow top-20 sides Savigliane and Vilita are likewise out, with the Jungle Cats running afoul of Savojarna for the *checks calendar* entirely-too-many-th time in recent memory, and Savigliane having the misfortune to draw Quebec in the playoff round, losing in extra time. The pre-tournament rankings are due for a major shakeup, given all the upsets, but we'll go through from the lowest to highest ranked of the remaining teams to try to discern whether the favorites ought to prevail from here on out, or whether more upheaval is in store. In a strange coincidence, all four of the lower-ranked teams won their CoH groups, qualifying for the round of sixteen directly, while all four of the higher ranked teams finished second or third, and had to battle through the Round of 22.

78 - Chartistan - Sonnel
How they got here: 3rd in Qualifying Group 1, 1st in Group B, def. Banija 5-3 APK (1-1 AET, 0-0 AFT)
Outlook: Chartistan are definitely the long shots here, but maybe a bit less so for some bookmakers after their amazing penalty win over Banija. It should also not be forgotten that they topped a group including Poafmersia, Sargossa, and the Licentian Isles. Some of these players may soon be household names if they can keep up this improbable run. Very strange sounding names, but household ones nonetheless. They team are certainly not lacking for confidence at the moment, but maintaining steady form through this kind of emotional high is always a challenge, and there will be heavy pressure on Dr. Lucas Combbrush to keep his team on an even keel.
67 - Sharktail - Melayu Archipelago
How they got here: 4th in Qualifying Group 1, 1st in Group D, def. HUElavia 3-1
Outlook: Sharktail have played less football to reach this point than any other side remaining in the competition, excepting Savojarna. To what extent their fresh legs will avail against the quality of sides they have to face is uncertain. The Zwangzug half of the quarterfinal draw is definitely the stronger on paper, despite the presence of overall favorites Poafmersia in Sylestone. The next task for Win Aziz and the Blue Predator will be to find a way to overcome Trolleborg. It seems like a long shot though, as the Trolls are not so far removed from being considered a top-30 team in the multiverse. We certainly wish the best for our fellow members of the class of BoF 68.
64 - Eraman - Melayu Archipelago
How they got here: 5th in Qualifying Group 9, 1st in Group C, def. Nyowani Kitara 4-2 APK (2-2 AET, 1-1 AFT)
Outlook: Eraman were a troublesome opponent for us back in qualifying, and have continued to topple higher-ranked foes here in the Cup of Harmony. For once, though, the Falcon will actually be the favorites to advance. Some might consider them fortunate to be facing Chartistan rather than heavyweights Banija, but the challenge won't be much less. It will certainly be a close match, but Eraman should be able to get the win.
40 - Savojarna - Rushmore
How they got here: 6th in Qualifying Group 3, 1st in Group F, def. Vilita 3-2
Outlook: Savojarna have followed up an abysmal qualifying performance very well, it has to be said. Whether or not it will be enough to keep Daniella Strauss safe in her position as manager remains to be seen. The SFFB remains tight lipped, as they should, but rumors abound about the future of the team, even as a cadre of fresh young players brought into the first team for the Cup of Harmony have seized this chance to test their skills. Thus far they are undefeated at the Cup of Harmony, with a draw against Juvencus as the only blot on an otherwise perfect record. It's an old adage that many people are likely tired of hearing, but form does trump class more often than not, and Savojarna, with the energy they've found, should certainly be considered among the favorites to win the tournament.
35 - Trolleborg - The South Pacific
How they got here: 2nd in Qualifying Group 8, lost playoff v Polkopia 0-1, 2nd in Group E, def. Darmen 1-0, def. Geektopia 1-0
Outlook: This team in a nutshell. Ok, all joking aside, this team has a chip on its shoulder and looks good playing angry. They're finding a way to win the close ones, which is just such an important thing to manage when you reach the knockout stages. They certainly look up to the task of reaching the semis, where they'd be up against either the I.A. Quebec, or our own Black-and-Reds. You can be certain the Trolls would be very up for a spot of revenge after exiting the World Cup 88 playoffs at our hands, and should both teams advance, it would make for a very entertaining matchup.
29 - Squornshelan Remnant States - Atlantian Oceania
How they got here: 3rd in Qualifying Group 9, 3rd in Group I, def. Zeta Reka & Hugeltaldom 1-0, def. Huayramarca 3-2
Outlook: Nah, I'm not doing anything to jinx this run. Nope.
20 - I.A. Quebec - Anaia
How they got here: 2nd in Qualifying Group 1, lost playoff v Tumbra 1-4, 2nd in Group H, def. Savigliane 5-3 AET, def. Barunia 3-1
Outlook: Our opponents, the Quebecois are the highest-ranked team on the Zwangzug side. Like us, however, the Grim Reapers have struggled with their form recently, having to upset Savigliane in extra time to punch their ticket to the round of sixteen. I've also heard it rumored that every member of the roster is a seven foot tall bodybuilding kirby, whatever that means. Whether that's true or not, they're certainly a very stern test for the Black-and-Reds.
15 - Poafmersia - The North Pacific
How they got here: 3rd in Qualifying Group 10, 2nd in Group B, def. Schima Bas 3-1, def. Jeruselem 2-0
Outlook: Having dispatched the clothing-optional princesses in the last round, and with the biggest threats on paper in Vilita and Banija removed from their side of the bracket, Poafmersia would appear at first to have the easiest path to the final. Their quarterfinal opponent is Savojarna, who have been on good form here in Zwangzug and Sylestone, but were decidedly shaky earlier in the cycle. The other matchup on the Sylestonian side of the bracket pits Chartistan against Eraman, neither of which would be picked over the Red Panjias by most. Poafmersia's form has been inconsistent though. They have a pair of strong knockout wins against Jeruselem and Schima Bas, but were very nearly eliminated before reaching that point after a lackluster group stage that saw them back into the second spot while idle on the final matchday. Which team, then, shows up against Savojarna? The trend of upsets might very well continue here.

All right, now we sit back and find out just how wrong I am about everything.
The Confederacy of Squornshelan Remnant States
Successor State to the Imperium of Squornshelous
World Cup 31 Champions
AOCAF Cup 69 Champions
ARC 1 Champions
World Cup:
2nd: 15, 38
3rd: 20, 25
SF: 18, 27
QF: 5, 11, 12, 22, 30, 32, 33, 34, 40
Ro16: 6, 7, 9, 16, 21, 23, 24, 28, 36, 37, 39, 90, 93
Group Stage: 8, 10, 13, 17, 19, 26, 29, 35, 41, 88, 91, 92, 94
DNQ: 14, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89, 95
Cup of Harmony:
QF: 6, 73, 75, 81
Ro16: 74
Ro32: 79
Group Stage: 76, 77, 87
Regional:
2nd: AOCAF65
3rd: IAC8, AOCAF67, AOCAF68
QF: IAC10, IAC13, AOCAF66, AOCAF70
2nd Round: IAC6, IAC7, IAC12
1st Round: IAC9, IAC11
Other:
BoF68 QF

Squorn is an unknowable entity -Mriin

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:14 pm

Quarterfinal time!

Trolleborg 1–0 Sharktail
Independent Athletes from Quebec 3–2 Squornshelan Remnant States

Zwangzug semifinal:
Trolleborg vs. Independent Athletes from Quebec in the Stelladome, Spenson (*technically Fulpog).

Schedule announcement: Sylestone will be unavailable to scorinate the semifinal at the normal time, therefore, the current plan is for me to scorinate both semifinals in approximately 48 hours. If the semifinalists on Sylestone's side would prefer, Sylestone can scorinate that game about 6 hours later than the scheduled time (so about 12 hours after mine). If the Sylestone semifinalists have preferences, please contact us by TG, or on the forums or discord! [Edit: see below for important clarification from Syle, sorry.]

I will be ICly and OOCly scorinating the third-place playoff early November 1/late October 31, and Sylestone will host the final shortly thereafter!
Last edited by Zwangzug on Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Eraman
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraman » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:30 pm

All the Eraman national football team needs to do to confirm their place at the top of Group C of the 81st Cup of Harmony was don't lost to Saltstead in the last match of the group stage. Every Eramanians knew it was a tough ask as Saltstead, ranked 49 in the world was the favorite to win the match at the Walgabba Dome in Kirton.

Determined to qualify to the knockout stage again for the second time ever after qualifying for the first time in the last Cup of Harmony, the Eramanians started the match more aggressive, dominating the middle of the pitch with Nyoman Jelantik stamping his authority early on. However, against the run of play, a quick counter-attack produced one of the goals of the tournament as Natasha Ahterop scored with a bicycle kick to put Saltstead 1-0.

The Eramanians didn't panicked though. If this happened 2-3 years earlier, the Eramanians would have been all over the place after the goal. But no, the Eramanians re-grouped and play their game as usual this time around. Their patience paid off as Era Hitam scored the equalizer just before half-time after he was sent 1-on-1 with the goalkeeper by Wikra Petara with a beautiful defense splitting through ball.

1-1 at the break, the half-time team talk was all about Ross Hearkener reminding the players to stay focused.

"Stay focused. Attack as a unit. Defend as a unit," he says repeatedly in the dressing room.

However, the Eramanians committed a mistake as soon as the second half started as the goalkeeper mistimed his sliding save and took down Haråud Haråudssen to give Saltstead a penalty kick. Zacharias van den Slåp scored with a panenka from the penalty spot to make it 2-1 to Saltstead.

The match after that though was all Eraman. Saltstead was happy to sit out the 2-1 lead and they did well at frustrating the Eramanians attack until the 74th minute when Karipa Senawang was the first to react after a long shot from Samara Grawira was blocked by the goalkeeper to make it 2-2. A draw would have been enough for the Eramanians but they made sure they confirm their place at the top of Group C in the 89th minute as substitute Perda Nasar scored the third and the winner from a quick counter-attack started by Nyoman Jelantik who bossed the game on the night.

The win put Eraman in the knock-out stage of the Cup of Harmony for the second time ever.
Trigramme: ERM | Demonym: Eramanian | Population: 14,753,910
Info: Wiki | Sports: Liga Eraman

Daulapura Daily
- based in Daulapura, the royal capital
- government-owned and ruling party propaganda
- support Royal Daulapura FC
Eraman Journal
- based in Anara, the capital city
- by the peasants, for the peasants (actually by the millionaires, for the masses)
- support Anara FC

Sylestone
Ambassador

Postby Sylestone » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:19 pm

Cutoff for the Sylestone side of the quarterfinals!

Chartistan 4–2 Eraman

Poafmersia 0–1 Savojarna

Sylestonean Semifinal Match
Chartistan - Savojarna @ Avondale International Sports Stadium, Avondale

OOC Notice:
As Zwangzug has indicated above, both semifinals will be scorinated by them in roughly 44 hours time. However, due to a miscommunication, I will only be able to scorinate six hours earlier (not later), which would roughly be around Zwanzug's cutoff time if a participant would like me to scorinate for whatever reason.
Last edited by Sylestone on Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cricket: GCF WT20 XVI champions, ODI WT II semifinalists, GCF WT20 XV semifinalists, EspoT20 I&II champions

Chartistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2020

Postby Chartistan » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:07 pm

And then there were 4. With a convincing win against Eraman in the Quarter-Finals, Chartistan booked a place in the penultimate round of the competition for the first time in their history, set to take on an old foe from long ago in Savojarna with a place in the Final on the line. The road to Avondale was one that nobody could have guessed before the tournament began, yet as the underdogs, Chartistan may have the legs to go all the way and create footballing history as survivors.

SURVIVORS
A parody of "Survivor" by Destiny's Child

[Kimmi Yamjune]
Now that we've worked through our lives, we have been better
They thought we'd be weak without him, now we're stronger
They thought we'd collapse without him, now we're harder
They thought we'd give up without him, we give in longer
Thought we'd go out without him, we're still in it
Thought we'd not score without him, we're still hitting
They thought we'd be wasting our lives, now we're crusing
They thought we'd not last too far without him, tell the millions
We are survivors (What)
We won't go give up (What)
We won't go stop (What)
We're going harder (What)
We are survivors (What)
We're gonna make it (What)
We will survive (What)
Keep on surviving (What)
We are survivors (What)
We won't go stop (What)
We are survivors (What)
We will survive (What)
Keep on surviving (What)

[Little Exnash]
Thought we'd couldn't breathe without him, we're still breathing
They thought we'd couldn't shoot without him, perfect vision
They thought we'd couldn't score without him, we're still scoring
They thought we'd couldn't save without him, we're still saving

[Ye]
Thought that we would fall without him, now we're on top
Thought it would be over by now, dude we don't stop
Thought we would self destruct, and now we're still here
Even in the 90s this team will endear here

[Kimmi Yamjune]
We are survivors (What)
We won't go stop (What)
We are survivors (What)
We will survive (What)
Keep on surviving (What)
We are survivors (What)
We won't go stop (What)
We are survivors (What)
We will survive (What)
Keep on surviving (What)

[Ye and Young Brandonson, Kimmi Yamjune, All 3]
We're being the best
Having the success
Bringing all the press, with sweat, and lots of happiness
We're doing just that
We're gonna blast the teams back home
We're doing just that
We're gonna run this whole damn rodeo
We're doing just that
We're gonna to end up on the magazines
We're doing just that
We're gonna compromise the WCC
We're not doing that
You know we was joking on that, we gon take that back
All of us know that we're better than that

[Kimmi Yamjune]
We are survivors (What)
We won't go stop (What)
We are survivors (What)
We will survive (What)
Keep on surviving (What)
We are survivors (What)
We won't go stop (What)
We are survivors (What)
We will survive (What)
Keep on surviving (What)

[Young Brandonson]
Oh (Oh), oh (Oh), oh (Oh), oh (Oh)
Oh-oh (Oh-oh), oh-oh (Oh-oh), oh-oh (Oh-oh), oh-oh (Oh-oh)
After all the madness and sadness
Comes happiness
If I score all those goals he would've
We're not wouldn'ts

[Kimmi Yamjune]
We are survivors (What)
We won't go stop (What)
We are survivors (What)
We will survive (What)
Keep on surviving (What)
We are survivors (What)
We won't go stop (What)
We are survivors (What)
We will survive (What)
Keep on surviving (What)
We are survivors (What)
We won't go stop (What)
We are survivors (What)
We will survive (What)
Keep on surviving (What)
We are survivors (What)
We won't go stop (What)
We are survivors (What)
We will survive (What)
Keep on surviving (What)

THE BILLBOARD GAZETTE

BANG BANG BANG

Young Brandonson's goalscoring prowess described in as many words as the goals he's scored so far this Cup of Harmony

Scoring (Chartistan 1-0 Ottoman Syldavia, '37)
These (Chartistan 2-2 Poafmersia, '72)
Goals (Chartistan 1-0 Sargossa, '21)
And (Chartistan 3-1 Sargossa, '48)
He's (Chartistan 5-2 Sargossa, '79)
Still (Chartistan 2-0 Eraman, '35)
Going (Chartistan 3-1 Eraman, '63)
Last edited by Chartistan on Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trolleborg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Trolleborg » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:03 pm

Greetings, compatriots!
It’s TTV from Cup of Harmony, hosted by Zwangzug and Sylestone. And right now let’s re-live success of our beloved national team in the recent game against Sharktail. This hard-fought victory bring our lads into the semifinal of the tournament – first time ever. Let’s not to think, that this victory in itself is a guarantee of any successes in the future, since the prospects are not very cheerful, but today we deserve a moment of enjoyment.

The game with the "Blue predators" began with a large-scale performance near the stadium and in the stands, in which the fans of our opponents also took part. The performance of the anthems was such that even the most unemotional persons shed tears. The fans of Trolleborg, having prepared in advance, sang the second verse of Sharktail anthem as a sign of friendship. Rather friendly sound-battle continue whole game.

On the field, this time we saw a team that we love to see very much – self-collected, purposeful guys, ready to fight for every ball, but doing it correctly. Halst even having injury in the end of the game while trying to catch up the ball going out of the field. The head coach delighted the fans by putting almost all of the team's top stars in the starting lineup. In such a setting many players who have not yet won a solid place in the squad have tightened up and began to demonstrate a different level of play. In a word, the team was pleasant to look at. It's not clear how things will turn out, maybe very bad, but this quarterfinal was one of the games worth remembering. You've all seen the ups and downs of the match on your screens, albeit not in 3D, as you are used to - and, of course, remember the wonderful Troll shot, the excellent Valgren-Kerr-Wolters-Gulbranden passing, which was ended in nothing only due to the selfless action of the Sharktail defender, who put himself under cannon-shot-like shot by our forward. And easily remember how the ball hit the crossbar twice in a row in the second half after a corner and a great fly of the opponents goalkeeper after the ball after a free kick from the same Troll. And, of course, you remembered the goal itself, scored after a quick combination - Wolters lob the ball forward, Kerr made a good shot, goalkeeper parried it, but Gulbranden completed the attack with an accurate header to the empty net.

The referee's whistle caused a paroxysm of delight in the stands.

But in the semifinals another difficult test awaits the team, and our lads are again in the role of underdogs. The opponents will be the Independent Athletes from Quebec, nicknamed the Grim Reapers, and with truly frightening symbols. It’s enough to mention that their foremost fan group have a named “Bubonic Plague”. The team in big part staffed by players who play in the foreign championships, out of the field players in the starting lineup there are eight of them. And most of them play in strong leagues. In the latest WCQ I.A.Q. finished second in their group, between Starblaydia and CoH semifinalists Chartistan and lost in the playoff to the Tumbra, which was made a really great performance at the tournament. The team achieved this quite decent result, but took it hard - it came to riots at the team's games, things even go to an attempt to burn the team bus by angry fans. After the tournament, the team was given for a coaching to Federico Rasmussen, a coach from Valladarez, who worked as a deputy for several coaches, including highly experienced Lionel Mah and George Wangolo from football superpower Banija. Under his leadership, the team got a ticket to the play-in, where they won hard-fought game with our old friends Savigliane, and then quite confidently defeated the next two opponents, including our old acquaintances from the SRS. All in all, team faced hard opposition in uphill battle. But in almost every Trolleborg town of significance and in many of the villages millions of the people prepared to see game in the huge fan-zones and hoping for better.

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:03 pm

Semifinal time!

Trolleborg 1–1 Independent Athletes from Quebec (3–1 AET)
Chartistan 1–3 Savojarna

Third-place playoff: Independent Athletes from Quebec vs. Chartistan at Eagles Club, Zwangzug (scorinated by me)
CoH 81 final: Trolleborg vs. Savojarna (scorinated by Sylestone)
Last edited by Zwangzug on Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Trolleborg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Trolleborg » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:42 pm

Greetings, compatriots!
It’s TTV from Zwangzug, where our national football team just finished semifinal game against Independent Athletes from Quebec.

A large contingent of fans arrived to support the national team the day before, and as a result, the stands were more than half full of our compatriots. Of those fans who walked past our camera at the entrance to the stadium, the youngest was three years old, the oldest was 104 years old. Both the kid, and gallant lady were in the most upbeat mood – each in a national team shirt and with a scarf in addition to face painting. But this time there was no fraternization with the opponents' fans, as the whole I.A.Q. symbolism looked very frightening, especially the one that caught the eye of Bubonic Plague. Since foreigners are also watching us, it is worth explaining that in our culture there is a specific attitude towards the end of life, it is counted as absolutely necessary, if possible, to bypass this and related topics, such as diseases and epidemics, by the side. It is completely unacceptable to joke with such things or use symbols of this kind, therefore, of course, the inhabitants of Trolleborg were seriously unsettled / uncomfortable in such circumstances. But it is not our custom to interfere or propose our own rules to the foreign cultures. So this time our fans and supporters of I.A.Q. existed independently, keeping their distance while respecting each other.
Compared to the quarterfinal game, the lineup of the team has changed little, serious change only is that Groningen appeared in his traditional place, as a breakwater in front of the line of defenders, and Dushegub moved back, performing the functions of the last line of defense. It was also logical, considering that the opponent plays in a sharply attacking style, having experienced fighter as a backup on the case of emergency. Looking ahead, let's say that an experienced defender did not quite cope with the duties assigned to him, his age already does not allow him to perform such a volume of work, and this was very noticeable when Du Riis moved to this post after the first half, and Column moved back into the less physically demanding position of hard central defender. And so with Du Riis things went smoothly, and the entire second half I.A.Q. could not succeed create a single dangerous moment, limiting himself to two long-range strikes, albeit they are dangerous too. However, the team did not need much before the break - it went into the changing room with the score 1:0 in its favor. In the 17th minute, Wolters tried to add himself to the attack, but the opponents took possession of the ball, this was followed by a pass to the zone left by him on the right flank of the defense. And then after cross into the penalty area in the fight for the ball our defenders were carried away by the clash with Zinaida Woodcarver (it seems that the habit of playing not as hard as usual against teams with women in the squad is ineradicable). So no one had time to prevent Lundrigan from quietly shot almost from the box line, Kot Kotsson got the ball by fingertips, but not succeed to stop it. Since before that episode our players have the initiative and could have scored a couple of times themselves, and often our team began to fall apart after such episodes, the fans, of course, were afraid of what might follow. Fortunately, lads quickly got to their feet and could equalize the score before the break. But they managed only after that: after a corner, Kerr was the fastest one and sent the ball into the upper near corner with his head. However, although our players spent most of the second half in the opponents' half of the field, they did not manage to score more. Troll could have put the team ahead in the last minutes, the ball rebounded into his legs after melee in the penalty area, but our midfielder did not show his usual composure at that moment and missed the gate.

Additional time. The entire broadcasting grid is breaking on pieces, many people postpone all business, and it has never happened that so many meetings were immediately postponed with such little indignation of the parties.

Our lads immediately go on the attack, and eighty seconds after the resumption of the game, Troll lob the ball seemed to go nowhere, but it was there that Valgren was, and, after waiting for the defenders to move a little towards him, he made an accurate pass into the penalty area, where Kerr managed get ahead of his marker and goalkeeper for a split of second and the ball literally crawled into the goal. One of the defenders was rushed to the line and tried to save the situation, but did not succeed. Kerr went on to be the true leader of the team - he did not celebrate his goal, urging his teammates to quickly regain their maximum concentration. And three minutes later, he himself became a co-author of the goal – large empty areas formed in the center of the field after the opponents moved en masse to trying to even score, our players used perfectly. Troll provided our superbombardier with a one-on-one rendezvouz with the goalkeeper, but Kerr prefer not to shot, seeing that then the defender is in a hurry on the way to the goal, but made an accurate pass to the already pulled up Troll and our midfielder has moved ball into the empty corner of the goal.

The delight of the fans who stayed on feets until the very end of extra time is beyond description, and bar owners throughout the city will probably have a good word for the evening of this semi-final, as their profits have soared.

Now we have on the hands final game, against Savojarna, with which our athletes met in hockey and handball and were defeated every time. Opponents now seem to be going through a stage of reorganization. Nepharan female coach, first foreign coach in the history, who already at the helm in one and a half WCQ cycles, build the new team. The coaching setup has remained unchanged since then, but in lineup apart from redoubtable Pakanen between the posts, almost everything changed. It was clearly understandable – in WCQ-88 team end at the third place in the group, but finished sixth in the group in last WCQ. In the CoH Savojarna made near perfect run in the group stage, won crucially important game against Vilita, and only drop points against Juvencus. After that Northlights in the first round play against Vilita (they are looked tied to them as we are to the Abanhfleft – it was sixth meeting between them in the last four years), in the second one versus Poafmersia and brave Chartistan at the semifinal.

A whole army of fans, including the national leader, arrived to support the team at the decisive moment, and tomorrow a complete stop of all activity for the duration of the game throughout the country is expected. While realizing that the match will be very difficult and the opponent looks like a favorite, we all expect maximum dedication and concentration from our lads and give everything we have for them.

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:19 pm

For the last time from me this cycle, cutoff!

Independent Athletes from Quebec 1–0 Chartistan

Thank you all for participating!
Last edited by Zwangzug on Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
My issues

Sylestone
Ambassador

Postby Sylestone » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:12 pm

Here we go!

hehehe 8)

Maybe this one?
Trolleborg 2-0 Savojarna @ Chamberley Institute of Sport, Chamberley, Sylestone

Congratulations to our champions, commiserations to everyone else, and thank you all for participating!
Last edited by Sylestone on Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Trolleborg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Trolleborg » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:56 am

Greeeeeetgiiiingsssss, coooooompatriooooooootsssss! It’s TTV with a newsreel about great exploits of our national football team!

Of course, final game of the Cup of Harmony against Savojarna was widely watched by almost everyone in Trolleborg, but nevertheless let’s relive this magnificient game, that will give our country third international trophy in football. At last, our technicians find (altought temporary) a way to fix right 3D AI and we see all in due details, altought still not without some problems with picture.

Playoffs of the Cup of Harmony don’t aroused great interest neither among the world community, nor, it seems, among many participants, even the rare fans of the Savojarna team were not particularly emotional and loud. In general, if we subtract the emotions of our compatriots, it would be possible to decide that a friendly preseason game is taking place, and not the final of the second prestigious world football tournament. But the Trolleborgers with their fierce attitude put down silence and drowsiness inappropriate for such an event. “Green River” of fans to the stadium looked like a powerline that was animated rather calm city.

Morten Troghil decide to play like in semifinal, but put Du Riis at the back, behind all team, right from the start. And lads play so good, and such a good was their condition, that coach use only two subs, and even them in the last ten minutes. For the most part, it was the same players that won BoF, they are already in the 30s, and most probably most of them will retire from the international football soon, if not right now, so it’s their last chance to win something before that – and team fight like it must do in such circumstances.

The game, nevertheless, was generally equal, long time no one have a visible advantage, although it seems that for some reasons Savojars lacked motivation. In the second half our team clearly have initiative, and, fortunately, this time use it to won the game. More than enough examples of how our lads lost games while having advantage, but this final is (fortunately) not one of them. All of you, of course, have seen the game and remember the main episodes of it very well, so we will only show the goals. Twice from the 55th to the 64th minute, our forwards created dangerous moments, but at last in the 65th minute Valgren took advantage of the foul kick almost on the sideline and lob the ball to the center of the penalty area, and there Gulbranden was jump over everyone and made a powerful shot by his head so that it was impossible to wish that he did it better

And on the 71st minute, after the melee in the penalty area, the same Gulbranden understood the situation faster than anyone else and make accurate shot by his clever head.

Savojars, let’s mention it again, really lacked motivation, but the victory was not easy for our lads, almost right after the second goal very dangerous free kick was parried by Kotsson, and in the last minutes the ball almost flew into our net, but the bar played for us.

2:0 was on the scoreboard when the referee blew the final whistle and thus gave the signal for the start of the celebration.

Close to 100,000 fans was in Sylestone either on the stadium or around and much more celebrate everywhere in the home country. And probably there was not a spot in the whole Trolleborg where one don’t hear noises of celebration. People on the ice-capped mountains, in the depth of sea, at the wildest wilderness all see game at whatever devices they had and cheer our heroes after.

Team already return to the country with the trophy, and more than a two millions of fans is greet our players on the streets.

Gurus of almost every form of arts already announced intention to commemorate victory in their works. It’s must be also added, that first out of six parts of “Melayu” mini-series will be broadcasted on Monday, and game about this tournament was planned to be in the shops next week. Despite (understandably) gloom predictions and rather bleak games of the group stage, our lads find enough strenght to bring this glorious trophy to the Trolleborg.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports