NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 89 - Roleplay Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hapilopper » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:59 pm

Team Hapilopper headquarters, Hapilopper City
A day after returning from World Cup 89 Qualifying Match 7: Hapilopper 3-2 Yasquia
Nathan Ellis pulled up a chair in Dom Probst’s office, next to head coach Thom Perkins. Probst, the head of the organization now calling itself Team Hapilopper, had a spacious office overlooking the team’s practice pitch. On one side, was a trophy shelf containing but one piece of hardware – that big trophy from the 70th Baptism of Fire, when the Hapilopper National Football Team, as it was known then, went undefeated and ran roughshod over their opponents. The concept of winning another tournament, for the time being, seemed like a pipe dream, at least, for now.

Usually, when Nathan was in Dom’s office, it was for reasons entirely different from this. Usually, when he was in here, it was to get ripped a new one after a particularly harsh tackle, or a bad cheap shot, and it would be accompanied by those constant threats to “clean up your act or you’re done.” But the thing with Nathan, though, was that while he did play dirty, more often than not it helped motivate the team, and everyone knew that Nathan had represented much of the competitive spirit that Hapilopper needed.

In other words, Nathan was the heart and soul of Hapiloppian football. Players did so much worse, and a look at his personal life would indicate that he wasn’t that controversial off the pitch, but when he got on it, he was willing to do whatever it took to get the job done.

With that in mind, he was practically untouchable.

“Nathan, explain something to me,” Dom said, sitting back in his huge executive chair. “You’ve made some money over the last few years. I get the feeling you could probably retire comfortably to a houseboat on Lake Eclipse, or some nice condo out on Kingsland Beach. All of your old teammates are gone. But yet, I see you out here, you’re as fit as a fiddle and you’re outperforming kids – and yeah, I said it, kids – that are, what, 10 years younger than you? How do you do it?”

“Because I want to,” Nathan replied. “I’m here as long as y’all want me. Not like I have much else going for me anyway. I don’t have a family – Ernie’s got twins on the way, Cooter got married a couple of months ago, Bobby, Stan, John, I think they’re winding down, they’ve all got something going for them.”

Nathan sat there for a bit and stared out at the practice pitch out the window behind Dom.

“You know something, Dom, this is really all I’ve got,” Nathan said. “Football kept me out of jail. Football gave me life. If it wasn’t for football, I’d either be in jail or dead. I want to try party planning, but the last time I tried it, Drake Stevenson wanted to kill me, I had completely ruined his party by mistake. But I don’t have a family, I don’t have kids, I hardly have friends, for fuck’s sakes. This is what I need to keep me going.”

“You know, Ellis, I have concerns about this team’s abilities,” Dom said. “I imagine you do too. I imagine that us being last place kept you up at night. How do you keep going with that in mind?”

“They’re young, they’re raw, and they’ve got potential,” Nate explained. “I saw what they could do. They’re getting the hang of it, and they’re getting the hang of it fast. They’re getting accustomed to our tactics and how to make the most of it.”

“But it took them almost a quarter of the campaign,” Dom snapped. “We were in last fucking place, Ellis, and that’s not bothering you?”

“It DOES bother me, sir,” Nathan shot back. “If it didn’t bother me, I wouldn’t have gone out and knocked that poor Kytler guy into next week. If it didn’t bother me, I wouldn’t have sought Thom out at Center Street and tried to work things out. I’m trying to do things to right this ship just like the rest of you. The difference between you and me, though, is that it looks like I’ve got a hell of a lot more confidence in those kids than you do.”

“Nathan…” Dom started. Nathan had disarmed him with that little snipe about confidence.

“Let me finish,” Nathan continued. “I know good footballers when I see them, and those kids there are good footballers. They need to refine their skills, and they need to refine their ability in the Hapiloppian system. These kids will be around for quite a while, if they play as long as I do. I’m not sure what the rest of my career looks like. I’ll play as long as I’m able, and as long as you’ll let me. But I want to be around to see us qualifying for a World Cup. I haven’t seen that yet.”

Dom nodded his head, but started again.

“Can I explain something about my concerns?” Dom asked. “Because I feel like I touched a nerve.”

“Sure,” Nathan replied. “I ain’t got nothing but time.”

“When we field a national team of football players, these players are, theoretically, the best football players that we have,” Dom explained. “We are a nation that, in the past, has been near the top of the table, from the moment we started in international football. We play the best and we beat the best. So why in the hell now, are we barely beating something called a Democratic Kingdom of South India?”

Nathan sat there and thought about it, taking in Dom’s concerns.

“Nathan, you were part of a team that beat Brenecia – whipped their asses, no less, three nil!” Dom explained. “We kicked Equestria’s ass and for half of that World Cup campaign, we were the lineal world champions of international football! Why the hell are we near the bottom of the pile? I look at those results and I wonder if we made a mistake signing up for this, and I wonder if somewhere out there, there’s a better team we could field.”

Nathan shook his head and calmly sat forward in his chair to supply his response.

“See, that’s the problem right there, Dom,” Nathan explained, putting his left hand over his mouth and chin to contemplate a measured response. “Our biggest failing is exactly that – we’ve been so wishy-washy in signing up for these events. That screws with the minds of the kids out there. Are they good enough? Not good enough to play out there? Oh, we’re still reeling from that shit that happened in World Cup 85, I hear people say.”

“That did us a lot of damage,” Dom quietly and sadly said.

“And it’s going to keep doing us damage if we keep thinking about it,” Nathan said without missing a beat. “All the time I keep hearing about what would have happened if that didn’t happen. Hell, some idiots on the radio were talking about that today as I had to go through that stupid drive-thru for lunch. I’m through dwelling on it. It happened. It sucked. But it’s going to keep hurting us if we keep thinking about it. Let’s think about now.”

“OK, let’s do,” Dom snapped. “Let’s forget about what put us on this road in the first place. Let’s forget about how we could have and should have qualified that year. And let’s…”

“And let’s focus on the now,” Nathan said. “Let’s focus on those kids. Rather than think about the past and bitch about how those kids might not be the best we’ve got, let’s make those kids the best we’ve got. All of those kids out there are coachable. They’ve got great abilities. Don’t give up on them. We give up too easily. We keep giving up because we think it’s still the Baptism of Fire, and we’re going to get our asses kicked time and again. Those kids don’t want to give up. You give them a chance, and they’ll give you a World Cup.”

“I hope you’re right,” Dom said. “You better be right.”

“I think I will be,” Nathan said with a bit of his cocky bravado that got him in trouble half the time. “There’s an old saying, and I think it applies here.”

“What’s that?” Dom asked.

“The kids are alright.”
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:24 pm

roses are red
migraines and nausea suck
in a museum today I saw a freaking enormous gun
you can use to hunt duck!

violets are blue
tulips are pink
md6 and 7 scores
are behind this link

(also I did something a little different with the quoting/formatting tables, if any of the scores look like I copy-pasted the wrong rounds', give me a shout.)
Last edited by Zwangzug on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Lathamford
Envoy

Founded: Sep 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lathamford » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:02 pm

WORLD CUP QUALIFICATION 89:: MD6
Lathamford 1–0 Srednjaci
Otto Farrowsteam '23 ׀ NIL

@Thousandforks National Arena (27,188) ׀ Game Sponsor: LathamLube

Match Report
1: The referee blows the whistle to start the match.
4: Matković takes a shot. That's off-target.
11: Li Peng takes a shot. That's off-target.
14: Clawbrand takes a shot. It's on target but saved.
23: Selfridges cross a pin-point crossing, and found Farrowsteam.
24: Lathamford scores! The scorer was Farrowsteam Image
26: du Graypelt strikes the header off target, the ball is cleared by Franko Rušković.
27: Falconderry takes a shot. That's off-target.
34: Lathamford takes a shot. That's off-target.
35: Ante Tomljanović hits a shot, successfully blocked by Lathamford defender.
38: Li Peng takes a shot. That's off-target.
40: Farrowsteam takes a shot. That's off-target.
42: Li Peng takes a shot. That's off-target.
43: Falconderry takes a shot. That's off-target.
52: Barrington is booked for a clumsy challenge.
54: Matković sent a skimming drive skidding wide.
63: Matković takes a shot. It's on target but saved.
66: Substitution by Lathamford player Skelmersdale make way for J. Ashleigh Image
71: Clawbrand caught offside.
73: Ivan Kušić is shown a Yellow Card.
75: Substitution by Lathamford player Falconderry make way for Grantham Image
80: Ante Tomljanović takes a shot. It's on target but saved.
84: Matković takes a shot. That's off-target.
85: Substitution by Lathamford player T. Ashleigh make way for Wyvernchaser Image
91: Srednjaci has given a free-kick.
90+2: End of the game.

Having lost the previous match, MD4, lost to Eura, 0-2 at Bastion Arena, then lost 0-1 at home against Talamia, a bit difficult for fans to accept, they want the Speedy Capt's defense to be strengthened because it looks shaky, especially when opponents counter-attack, as you know, Lathamford likes to do high-pressing and sometimes, their defensive line is too high up, and our goalkeeper, Greenash is not quick to press if the ball falls behind the defense and the enemy striker moves fast to seize the ball such, we need a sweeper-keepers among the words of sports experts in the country. But in fact, we are short of a complete forward who can be a target man, first, we have Bruno Caskwood, he is a true CF, which any killer pass made by the centerline or pin-point crossing from the wing is easily scored by him, once he retires, Our CFs are often alternately filled whether his brother, Alan Caskwoods or Frederick Grantham has yet to achieve performance like his. Our team has only just scored four goals and also conceded 4 goals, according to the estimate, our defensive line is still immune, only conceded a few goals, but the offensive line seems blunt until now. For the MD6 match against Srednjaci, Pedro Menendez brought down almost four new faces who have never been brought down as a starting line -up namely goalkeeper Terry Glowsnarl, Rotor Blewbury FC defender Bradley Barrington; right winger Vorn Selfridges, and midfielder Theodore Ashleigh (Rotor Blewbury FC). Striker Morten Clawbrand (Royal Farrowdraft FC) was given the role of Center Forward flanked by Matt Falconderry on the left and inverted winger, Otto Farrowsteam on the right. 27.188 spectators attended the tournament amid a series of protests that took place in the Thousandforks city center, the city is also increasingly paralyzed when security improved control not only because of the protest but a summit between heads of state recently completed the Malay Archipelago held earlier. With the inclusion of several fresh-legs, Lathamford managed to win the match with 1-0, Otto Farrowsteam's goal in the 23rd minute was enough to put the Speedy Cat in fourth place, group 18. In the 7th match, Lathamford will have Agresos away.

Line Up
Glowsnarl, Wolfsong, Skelmersdale(C) (J. Ashleigh), Barrington, Wymondham, T. Ashleigh (Wyvernchaser), du Graypelt, Selfridges, Falconderry (Grantham), Clawbrand, Farrowsteam

World Cup Q89
Group 18:: MD1 Darmen 1-0 Image Morten Clawbrand Dustin Skelmersdale
Group 18:: MD2 Schima Bas 1-1 Image Otto Farrowsteam Joe Wymondham, Clayton Decker
Group 18:: MD3 Sylestone 1-0 Image Joe Wymondham Martin Haymoore
Group 18:: MD4 Eura 0-2
Group 18:: MD5 Talamia 0-1
Group 18:: MD6 Srednjaci 1-0 Image Otto Farrowsteam Bradley Barrington

Scorer: World Cup Q89
Otto Farrowsteam 2
Morten Clawbrand 1
Joe Wymondham 1

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Recycle Time - Top Seed Performances Through MD3

Postby Vilita » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:25 pm

♫ Recycle Time... Back again... Nikkii's Back... Back again... ♫

Alright so its not a surprise that we lost to Savojarna. It was the 9th time we played them over the past 10 World Cup Cycles and we came into the campaign with a 3-3-2 record against them all time. Being in the first three matches of qualifying it would seem to be an obvious defeat and boy was it ever. Of course, losing to Savojarna is one thing. Losing 0-4 is another thing entirely. I don't know what Cavuna Aquafek is doing out there but I think a lot of us are hoping that they won't be doing it much longer. Aquafek was an amazing player for the Vilitan National Team and The Turoki Tide. They just can't get results at the World Cup. And that's kind of what we need. You've got Purapal Eskiiy who led the Little Eel Kitties to the Under-21 World Cup title just sitting on the sidelines not doing anything this time of year. Maybe its time to give Eskiiy a call.

But that's not what we're here to talk about today - at least not directly. See no matter who the coach of the Vilitan National Team is right now, the table doesn't lie. Three matchdays into World Cup 89 Qualifying the Jungle Cats were sitting on just 3 points. That's two defeats in three games to start the World Cup cycle. You may ask if that's ever happened before? Of course it has. But its rare. So rare that the last time it happened was... well... ok it happened during World Cup 87 Qualifying and that was just two cycles ago. Everyone knows Vilita can't win games in the first 3 Matchdays of World Cup Qualifying. It makes absolutely no sense. There is no mathematical explanation for it. There is no rational explanation for it. It just is.

It was after two defeats in three matches that Aquafek was promoted to the job of manager for the Vilitan National Team and led the Jungle Cats out of their dismal pit to advance to the World Cup 87 Finals... only to crash out at the group stage. In order to understand whats going on here we have to ask a very simple questions. Is it just us?

Sure, the Vilitan National Team has had a few bad starts to their World Cup 89 Qualifying campaign the past few cycles. Every time they enter as the top seed projected not only to win their first three matches but to - on paper - win every single match they play in qualifying. yet they don't. They don't even come close.

So historically, how have top seeded nations done at the World Cup over the first three matchdays?

Popular wisdom suggests that higher ranked nations are more likely to win early in the campaign while newer, lower ranked nations have had time to get their players familiarized with the stresses of competing for a spot in the World Cup Finals. On paper this holds true. By definition, top seeded nations are the best nations in their group - at least according to the WCC's latest official rankings which are formulated using a specific combination of results and weights to calculate a number of KPB Points. The more points a nation has, the higher their ranking. The highest ranked nation in each World Cup Group becomes that groups Top Seed.

So lets take a look specifically at two metrics. First, we'll look at the percentage of Top Seeds who win each of their first three matches. Its a good place to start because the top seed is expected to win each of their first three matches. Any team who takes points from the Top Seed during the first three matchdays of World Cup Qualifying considers their result an 'upset'.

In order to get a somewhat decent sampling of data we will look at a handful of specific tournaments. Of course, World Cup 89 - the current qualification cycle in addition to the four previous cycles from World Cup 85 through World Cup 88 Qualifying for a total of five 'current' data sets. From there we will just back out over time to a handful of older competitions at a critical numerology. Working backwards, that data will be taken from World Cup 70, World Cup 50 and World Cup 30. And here it is:

The first thing that jumps out is that since World Cup 30 - and particularly since World Cup 50, the gross percentage of Top Seeded Nations who have a perfect 3-0-0 record after three matchdays is actually quite predictable. After three matchdays, approximately half of the Top Seed nations in World Cup Qualifying have historically won each of their first 3 matches. From World Cup 50 through World Cup 85 for the selected data sets the range was even tighter - specifically between 52.6 and 53.3% of top seeds have been perfect after three games - otherwise known as "Half Plus One"

Largely over time the rule has stayed firm within a range plus or minus a single nation from the norm - with anywhere between one fewer than half, or one more than half of all Top Seeds posting 9 points in three games.

Yet in World Cup 89 Qualifying there was a massive reduction in this number as just over one-quarter (27.7%) of Top Seeds have posted three straight victories to start the campaign - which is just over half of the average number of such nations. What does it mean? Who knows but its certainly food for thought. Another interesting metric is the number of nations who have fewer than Six Points after two matchdays which means they have dropped points in not just one but at least two of their three opening games of World Cup Qualifying. For World Cup 89 Qualifying this number is also about a quarter of all Top Seeds having dropped points in two or more of their opening three matches. By comparison this number has historically bounced between 10-15% of Top Seeds.

Perhaps the most telling statistic however is simply taking a look at the total points accrued by Top Seeds over three matchdays. Historically while this average has been decreasing over time the trend line is very slight. In World Cup 50 Qualifying Top Seeded nations were averaging 7.52 points over the first three matchdays. During World Cup 87 and 88 Qualifying that number was only slightly lower at 7.33 points per game achieved by Top Seeds. It was very clear data. Even if there were a couple of outlier nations dropping points in two of their three matches, the majority of all competing nations have successfully managed to survive the start of their campaign with at least 7 points. The 7 point line is a critical line when assessing points earned after three matchdays because it shows without a doubt that the nation in question has not only survived the first three matches unbeaten but they have also won at least two of their three matches - if not all three, and that even if they have dropped any points they have only done so in a single match.

Yet World Cup 89 Qualifying is a completely different story. Nearly a full point off the general average of 7.5 points for Top seeded nations, World Cup 89 Qualifying has seen its top seeds accrue on average fewer than 7 points. Having fewer than 7 points after just three matches of World Cup Qualifying means that the Top Seeded nation has either already suffered a defeat or has dropped points in at least two of the three matches.

And this is where we ask the question. What are you doing, KPB? Under-18 World Cup Champion and Under-21 World Cup finalists Mertagne don't even have a ranking. A record number of top seeds already have at least one loss and the number of Top Seeds still playing to form with a perfect record is as low as its ever been - and then another 15 percentage points beyond that.

So what happens from here? Do these supposedly top seeded nations who may not have actually been the best nations in their groups either way pick up the pieces of a horribly flawed kickoff to the World CUp 89 campaign or do they just roll over and pack things in hoping for better luck next time?

I guess we'll have a better idea soon!

-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Savigliane
Spokesperson

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Savigliane » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:22 am

If you wanted to open a headquarters for your political party in La Repubblicana Savigliana, you had three options. Option one was to open up in Acqui Bollente, the judicial capital of Savigliane (and its current executive capital under Prime Minister Alberto Caccini). The political center of the city, towards it's western edge, was actually much better developed than the industrial east or the tourist traps at the southern outskirts that Francophones thought of when they heard the city's name. But it had never had a strong financial backing, instead opting to stay a city of the people (if it had a choice), and that was reflected in its Slightly Dated infrastructure and somewhat brutalist buildings. It was centrally located in the Italophone section of the country, and thus fit for parties with a more staunchly Italophone base like Populistas, but was a bit out of the way otherwise. Aside from Populistas, the only other major party to choose Acqui Bollente is Fronte, the communist party enjoying a meteoric post-Event rise.

Option two was to open up in Villeneuve. Villeneuve was swanky, financially well-off, and loaded with empty skyscrapers that vibrant cultural neighborhoods had been bulldozed over to make space for. It had fantastic infrastructure, great culture, and a restaurant scene to die for, even if it was a little heartless at times. Additionally, while it was pretty coastal, having the nation's biggest airport and being the linchpin of the Francophone train system did have its advantages. More importantly, basically every other government of note in the past twenty years (besides Alberto Caccini's current government) had chosen Villeneuve as its executive capital. Ligue-Est and Alliance des Sociaux-Democratés both made their home here, and while Une Nation and The Greens both tried to waffle and open up multiple headquarters, they had both gotten their start in Villeneuve. All in all, though, you really couldn't go wrong with either option, as long as you understood your party's strengths and base.

There was technically a third city that hosted a major Savigliano political party. Unlike the others, it wasn't a capital or a transportation hub, nor was it a cultural center. No, the third city was Benvenuto, a small town on the outskirts of a small city named Castiglione. It had been the center of a failed attempt by the city of Castiglione to become an industrial center instead of an agricultural one (il granaio, they called it), and as a result was littered with decrepit equipment and vaguely post-apocalyptic factories. The population was partly desperately trying to keep the factories running and mostly unemployed and generally angry at the state of things. There was one train, to Castiglione, where you could get a connecting train to Acqui Bollente, and something that could technically be considered an airport. In short, the only reason your political party would set up shop here is for the people, or at least some half-assed claim of authenticity towards them.

Luckily for Evangelista Rizzuto, a 45-year-old former schoolteacher, that was the exact target demographic his new political party was aiming to reach. Piano di Dio had taken the nation by shock by stealing center-right Ligue-Est's base out from under their noses before winning a respectable eleven seats in their first election as a major party. And with Alberto Caccini's Populistas increasingly in danger of losing their majority, there was nowhere to go but up. Well, in theory, at least. Because the reality was, since that summer surge a few years ago put them on the map, they had seemingly hit their ceiling. It turns out there just weren't that many disenfranchised, angry people who were willing to buy into the far-right and overtly religious message, and Rizzuto's own personal unpopularity with the masses hadn't exactly helped - the words he said were objectively persuasive, but there was something about the slipperiness his tone that had presented a major challenge to the party's support. So with an apparent election on its way, he had called together the party's top brass to discuss the next step forward.

"Gentlemen-" (of course they all were) "-I'll make it brief. This is the most important election we may ever have. Does anybody know why?"

He said it almost casually while leaning back in his chair, which couldn't have contrasted more with the rest of the MPs present. After an awkward, fidgety silence, an older, more polished-looking man responded: "Immigration?"

"What? No, idiota. As you'll recall, Alberto Caccini started an Interdimensional Travel Task Force a few months ago-" he paused for boos, barely any came "-and we immediately planted some of our own science-affiliated individuals into the program. They've been conducting espionage, keeping us updated, for the past few weeks. And it appears that the ITTF is closer to achieving its goals than we previously anticipated."

"That waste of money? There's no way," scoffed another MP from across the table.

"They've shown us blueprints. Demonstrations. The scientists think they could have a path back for Savigliane in the next five years. They want to defy God and try to force our entire country into one of their experiments, when the true path remains to atone for our sins."

"Evangelista, it's not going to work!" came the reply.

"These are powerful forces they've deigned to play with. If it works, we are damned. If it doesn't work, there's no telling how many lives will be lost. We can't go public with this - they'll deny everything, and with the media and most of the population on their side, dismiss this as a conspiracy theory. We need this to come from somebody reliable. We need a new leader."

The room went silent. Somewhat tellingly, nobody offered their protests at the suggestion.

"It can't be any of you, of course. There's too much baggage, too many connections. It has to be somebody new. It has to be somebody popular, preferably that the public trusts for these kinds of questions. Someone that Savigliane would run through a brick wall for. Does anybody have any suggestions?"

Another long pause, extended by months of alternating verbal abuse and uncomfortably specific praise. It fell to the youngest of the MPs, repeatedly jostled by both men next to him, to offer up a suggestion. Instead of speaking, he slid his phone across the table. Evangelista took it warily, eyes darting over the screen's content, and then scoffed. "She'll never go for it. Her parents are Populistas, for fuck's sake."

The younger man's name was Nicola Colombo, and there was an ambitious twinkle in his eyes as he responded. "I can get you a meeting with her. Our views may be more closely aligned than you think." Rizzuto nodded warily. "It's worth a shot. Anyone else?" There were no other suggestions.

Bianca Fiore still wasn't really used to the operating table. Before the Portal Event, some abnormally good injury luck had meant her only times in the hospital were for routine check-ups and physicals. Her fortunes had turned after that, of course - she'd gotten to know the private face of the hospital very well after inexplicably returning to Savigliane, and when the FSF had tried to make a call on whether she'd be allowed to play in the World Cup. It was a side of things she'd never really interacted with before - so much more clipped, impersonal, urgent.

After she'd been dropped from the national team, she'd tried to compensate and pour everything she had into AC Acqui Bollente. Fresh off of three championships in four seasons, the capital club had gotten off to a slow start to the season, but had rapidly returned to contention. Bianca's triumphant return had lasted all of...a week and a half before tearing her ACL in training, but the few days afterwards had been absolute torture. It was increasingly looking like the next few months would just be a slow rehab process and watching Nazionale, of all places, retake the lead again. For a brief moment, she had mattered again, and it had looked like she was finally back in her element. That had all gone in the space of weeks.

A nurse came back in, holding a cell phone. "I've...got someone on the line for you."

"Are you sure? I wasn't expecting anyone."

"No, they're quite...insistent," she offered, handing it over before leaving. Bianca, perplexed, picked the phone up and answered. "Hello, who is this?"

"Hi Bianca, it's Nicola Colombo. Can we...talk about something?"
Last edited by Savigliane on Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Savigliane • La Repubblica Savigliana • done wandering
Leader: Prime Minister-in-Exile Bianca Fiore • Capitals: Acqui Bollente, Villenueve • Population: ~8,000,000
WC87 Video • WC88 Video • WCQ93 Video
The Story of Anaian Savigliane (RP Archive)
Property of Yue Zhou

Lathamford
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lathamford » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:16 am

WORLD CUP QUALIFICATION 89:: MD7
Agresos 1–1 Lathamford
Carter Colfield '30 ׀ Ordytas '51 -pen.

@Unknown stadium ׀ Game Sponsor: NIL

Match Report
1: The referee blows the whistle to start the match.
8: A shot from Clawbrand bounced off the crossbar.
10: Evenix takes a shot. It's on target but saved.
11: Falconderry caught offside
14: shot from Farrowsteam only managed to graze the wrong side of the post.
18: Skelmersdale had mistimed his tackle and received the yellow card.
21: Evenix takes a shot. That's off-target.
22: Falconderry takes a shot. That's off-target.
24: Agresos has given a freekick
28: Evenix takes a shot. That's off-target.
30: Colfield calmly clipped the ball past the keeper after a pass from the right Image
33: Wymondham broke away from the defense and hammered a shot straight towards goal... and right into the waiting hands of the goalie.
35: Meniotos had all the goals to aim at but fired wastefully wide.
38: Agresos give a corner kick
41: Falconderry takes a shot. That's off-target.
43: Lathamford is given a corner kick
45: Enix takes a shot. That's off-target.
47: Phasilios was booked for a mistimed tackle.
50: Agresos has given a penalty kick!!!!
51: Agresos scores! The scorer was Ordytas Image
53: Some deft one-two passing saw Clawbrand with only the keeper to beat, yet he made a mistake sending the ball wide of the post
54: Farrowsteam takes a shot. That's off-target.
57: Enix down with injuries
59: Wolfsong sent a close-range header from a corner wide, but saved.
63: Substitution by Lathamford player Falconderry make way for Giles Kingsley Image
65: Kingsley sent a skimming drive skidding wide.
71: Farrowsteam caught offside.
75: Substitution by Lathamford player du Graypelt make way for Jonah Hargreave Image
79: Agresos has given a free-kick.
80: Jonah Hargreave headed a cross just wide.
86: Substitution by Lathamford player J. Ashleigh make way for Clayton Decker Image
87: Giles Kingsley takes a shot. It's on target but saved.
90+1: End of the game.

Line Up
Glowsnarl, Wolfsong, Skelmersdale(C), J. Ashleigh (Clayton Decker), Wymondham, Wyvernchaser, du Graypelt (Jonah Hargreave), Colfield, Falconderry (Giles Kingsley), Clawbrand, Farrowsteam

Statistic so far...
World Cup Q89
Group 18:: MD1 Darmen 1-0 Image Morten Clawbrand Dustin Skelmersdale
Group 18:: MD2 Schima Bas 1-1 Image Otto Farrowsteam Joe Wymondham, Clayton Decker
Group 18:: MD3 Sylestone 1-0 Image Joe Wymondham Martin Haymoore
Group 18:: MD4 Eura 0-2
Group 18:: MD5 Talamia 0-1
Group 18:: MD6 Srednjaci 1-0 Image Otto Farrowsteam Bradley Barrington
Group 18:: MD7 Agresos 1-1 Image Carter Colfield Dustin Skelmersdale [Suspended next game]

Scorer: World Cup Q89
Otto Farrowsteam 2
Morten Clawbrand 1
Joe Wymondham 1
Carter Colfield 1

MD8: Lathamford vs. Melbergia
@Thousandforks National Arena (30,000) ׀ Game Sponsor: Organic Councils

Glowsnarl
Wolfsong - Decker (C) - Haymoore
Wymondham - Hargreave -Wyvernchaser - Colfield
Falconderry - Clawbrand - Farrowsteam
MD9: Chromatika vs. Lathamford
@The Tidal Wave, Tihon, Urrhed Island (Cap. 95,210; 25,000 Seats) ׀ Game Sponsor: NA

Greenash
Decker - Skelmersdale(C) - Haymoore
Wymondham - Wyvernchaser -Hargreave - Colfield
Falconderry - Clawbrand - Farrowsteam

The Books Review

Lathamford national player, and Torpedo Stocksbridge FC midfielder, and also a talented writer, Adolf Wyvernchaser, release his new mystery novel, which has the title is The Magic Book.

The Synopsis
The old-fashioned, coastal town of Sludgeside holds a secret. Sally DeVito has the perfect life working as a teacher in the city and lives with her adopted father, Brad Johnson. However, when she finds a magic book in her cellar, she begins to realize that things are not quite as they seem in the DeVito family.

A memory leaves Sally with some startling questions about her past, and she sets off to creepy Sludgeside to find some answers. At first, the people of Sludgeside are courageous and admirable. She is intrigued by the curiously charming doctor, Graham Torrance. However, after he introduces her to the history of Sludgeside, Sally slowly finds herself drawn into a web of jealousy, lust, and perhaps, even violence. Can Sally resist the charms of Graham Torrance and uncover the secret of the magic book before it's too late, or will her demise become yet another Sludgeside legend?

The review and comment
"Who wouldn't give up a life of drinking with their energetic boyfriend to spend a little time with a curiously giving doctor?"
- The Daily Tale

"About as mysterious as finding poo in a public toilet. However, The Magic Book does offer a valuable lesson about not getting into hard beer."
- Enid Kibbler

"The only mystery, is why did I keep reading after page one?"
- Hit the Spoof
Last edited by Lathamford on Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Squidroidia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Squidroidia » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:11 am

RIVALRY

Squidroidia vs HUElavia

Chapter 4 - Frustration

Squidroidia 2. Moliza 2.

The perfect chance to top the group heading into Kohnhead. Wasted.

The emotions in the locker room of Inkopolis City Stadium were tense. On one hand, Moliza got a famous win away from home, getting points away from a much favored side that seemed destined, in a sense, to qualify for the World Cup. On the other... Squidroidia's chances of making the World Cup were shrunk down to the size of an ant, an ant that had to be guided to its hive before any Brenecian or especially HUElavian got the chance to squash on it. This was a team ranked 231st, and they drew to the 61st best team in football. Johnson had seen it before.

Moliza were in Group D of the Baptism of Fire just passed, along with Pascafia. Daehae, India (That's Ideal India to you) and Merulantis. Their game tape was, as thus, only Baptism of Fire highlights (Undefeated in their group but losing to Milchama in the last 16) and some of the qualification games they already played. The games from qualification that Johnson put up were their 3-0 loss to Brenecia on Matchday 1 (Highlighting what the attack needed to break through the odd 6 at the back Molizian defense, with 2 players playing a hybrid of both regular defenders and defensive midfielders) and their 3-2 win over Txakhaxi the previous matchday (Highlighting Carmen Blundell's striking options and what the defense had to do to stop it). Seeing as Squidroidia were at home, the tapes were used sparingly when it came to showing his team what they had in store. It only seemed to cost them valuable points.

The Molizan defense of Bradley (Not to be confused with a certain RLStates manager), Pierce, Dunn, Christensen, Martin and Prols were a brick wall to most Squidroidian attacks - They had never seen this formation up close in person in their lives, and the hard line they put down neutralized the Squidroidian attack so the midfielders and especially Blundell could pace through and leave Shingen as a sitting duck. Blundell would grab one goal for Moliza using this exact tactic, while Zakary Soto picked up a misplaced ball by Tetsuo and ran with it. Squidroidia tried all they can, Hideo and Itō doing what they did best, but they could only get 1 point and not 3.

They beat Le Choix away from home last matchday. This shouldn't have happened.

Now Squidroidia were on the outside looking in, their only help being HUElavia's 4-4 thriller against Brenecia oddly enough. As Le Choix lost to Kohnhead to put the Brains 2nd in the group, one of the games of the qualifiers would have to come back here, in Inkopolis, against a Kohnhead team in control of their destiny. Win and there's a big chance to qualify for the World Cup. Drop points against them and Geisenfried? It would be hard to come back, but anything is possible.

And then... Curumba. The Estadio Capital. Round 2. HUElavia awaited them to set the tone for the 2nd half of qualification. And they weren't playing any sort of games.

RIVALRY - Squidroidia vs HUElavia
Chapter 1 - Here We Go Again
Chapter 2 - First Blood
Chapter 3 - A Perfect Hill to Climb
Chapter 4 - You are Here!
Chapter 5 - Round 2
Chapter 6 - When All is Set and Done
Last edited by Squidroidia on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:51 am

Seven Games, seven wins,
By Chelsea Dufresne, Concord Heights Times

There is not much to complain about in regards to the Cassadagan effort in World Cup 89 qualifiers. The team is a perfect 7-for-7 thus far, but Group 16 is top heavy at the moment, so there is not a lot of room for error. Recently, we saw the ladies (and men) in pink and black pull off a 4-2 victory over Geektopia in Concord Heights, and that means that the Fillies have wins over the two nations that are the closest to them on the table at the moment. Cassadaigua has scored 22 goals during this period, and have conceded nine. Here’s a deeper look at some of the numbers.

Let’s start in goal, where the three headed monster of Danielle Cotter, Katie Schnapper, and Cynthia Kerr were all expected to get a considerable amount of playing time. Should this team qualify for the World Cup as expected, coach Byers will likely have to commit to a regular keeper, but the rotation that we have seen thus far has been as advertised. Cotter started against Mercedini to open up the schedule, as well as against Freeport, which was our home opener, and allowed a total of three goals in games that the Fillies controlled. Katie Schnapper, scheduled as the number two keeper got the start in goal against Tamgu, and earned a clean sheet. It was back to Cotter against Natanians and Nosts, and she was not at her best, allowing four goals to the visitors. Fortunately, the Fillies scored five to remain perfect. After this game, there was a lot of speculation about if that game would cost Cotter some playing time, and coach Byers said that, “The evaluation process is more than just goals allowed. That obviously plays a big part of it, but you have to look at so many other elements of the game, so that is what me and my coaching staff will be doing.”

Perhaps that evaluation did not go that well for Cotter, as the next two games went to Schnapper, and then to Cynthia Kerr. Schnapper, who blanked Tamgu in her first start earned her second consecutive clean sheet, coming against Gatchingerrak Union. Now, this led to more people calling for Katie to officially be named the number one keeper, but part of the evaluation process is considering the quality of opponent. Following matchday five, Tamgu and Gatchingerrak Union had a combined record of 1-0-9. The latter had been shut out in all five of their games to that point. Cynthia Kerr was given a big game, the home match against Geektopia, and coach Byers said that she was not concerned about giving her a big game like that. “Cynthia has risen her level of play throughout the domestic season, and she knew that this was going to be her first game. She has only been scouting Geektopia since the beginning of qualifiers, and we also knew that it would help to have someone else out there that the opponent (Geektopia) was not as familiar with.” The Fillies jumped out to a quick 3-0 lead in the first half, so even though the visitors eventually put two behind Kerr, the team never trailed in the game. Cotter returned to the net for the road tilt in Beaverriver, and earned a clean sheet of her own. Schnapper will get the next start, the most challenging for her (against Qasden) and Kerr will play against Vikanias.

In the back, the projected starters, Michelle Graves, Katie Standish, Summer Speers, and Caitlyn Kaleta have all played well. Only Standish has missed a game to this point, as she sustained a moderate ankle injury in the match against Natanians and Nosts, and missed the game against Gatchingerrak Union. Sarah Bayne got the start in her place, and played the entire 90 minutes. One of the bigger challenges for this group could be the goalkeeper rotation behind them, but Graves says that they have plenty of experience with each of them now, “Yeah, we’re not really worried about that. All three of them are superb keepers and there are some style difference with Katie (Schnapper) and Cynthia (Kerr) particularly, but Danielle (Cotter) we have seen quite a bit, and is a bit of a blend of each of the other two. We want all of them to thrive.” Caitlyn Kaleta may have been fortunate not to draw a red card against Geektopia for a tackle on Geektopia’s Julio, which seemed to hurt the midfielder a bit (but he did play on), but the Baker Park based referee saw it as incidental contact. Julio and the Geektopia sideline did not seem to agree. For Fillies fans, that’s what we have been wanting to see from Kaleta, who may not be a new Lupe Enriquez but does play a physical game.

The midfield was supposed to be a strength of the team, and that has played out. The chemistry that exists with this group is about as good as we have had it. Meghan Wolcott has been on fire, scoring four goals in six games thus far and assisting on several more. She had to miss the game against Gatchingerrak Union due to picking up a red card against Natanians and Nosts the game prior. It was seen as very questionable at the time, but it was later discovered in the referee’s report that Wolcott “took a yellow card offense and elevated it to a red card after an unnecessary and very excessive verbal taunt.” Wolcott and Team Cassadaigua have declined to say what was said. Elsewhere in this group, Morgan Rosenblatt has three goals and has been an excellent two way player. It seems though playing with AFC Treason has really helped Morgan develop into an all-around player and not only as an offensive threat.

Up front, Rachel Schanke, from the defending champion Concord Heights City side as been playing very well, with a total of five goals in six games, which has been matched by Jenna Frontiera thus far. If there was anyone questioning whether or not Schanke still wanted to be on this team, it is great to see her making that criticism look quite stupid. She complimented Frontiera following the Geektopia win, saying that Jenna, “may be the best forward she has played with on the national team and makes her job so much easier.” Jenna showed her feisty side a bit in the game against Tamgu getting into a brief shoving match with one of their defenders after that player got a little too close to her after a goal. “Those guys are going to lose a lot, so they need to learn how to lose properly. Get out of our faces after we practically undress you on the field, making you look like an idiot. I had to put him in his place.” The veteran Schanke seemed to try to calm her teammate down but admitted, “Jenna has more swag than me. She can have her fun.” Meghan Wolcott seemed to get a kick out of Frontiera's reaction and said that, "this might be the most fun loving, not afraid to ruffle a feather group that I have played with on the national team! We're not a bunch of perfect angels and I love it!"

So far, Team Cassadaigua has had a lot of fun, as has our fans. But this group, is still quite close.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Eshialand
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Eshialand » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:33 am

Well this was Unexpected...
Xanneria 2-3 Eshialand
Eshialand 5-0 The Jovannic

"It's as if they just now remembered how real soccer should be played!" one fan remarked after the Owls' match against the Jovannic.

What prompted this statement? Well, let's start off in Xanneria, shall we?

Something was just different about this match. Different from all of the other ones. The Owls, coming off of their first real win that mattered in seven months, had a new spring in their step, and playing against the 1-1-3 Maroons certainly couldn't hurt their morale. All they needed was to pull through and make the match something to remember.

So, in the 13th minute, Lucas Meilling started doing exactly that, setting up Alice Carroll with a beautiful pass that she easily redirected into the net, making it 1-0 for Eshialand. However, to say that fans were relieved when this goal went in would certainly be an overstatement. After all, they had been burned before, and they knew that they could easily be burned again. They were hopeful, but not overly so...

...then Alyssa Longfield slipped one between Even Jefferson Jr.'s legs in the 30th to make it 2-0.

What could the feeling of Eshian fans watching at home be described as at that point? Relieved? Overjoyed? Let's call it happy and leave it at that. The Owls were playing in a way that they hadn't in a long time, and they were actually doing it in matches that really counted. Who knew they could do that?

Yes, in the 56th minute, Carlton Brower managed to slip one past Alex Kolek to make it 2-1, but that didn't really matter much for the team or their fans. The team was finally enjoying the game again, and the fans were enjoying watching it. It was a beautiful thing to see after their skid of celebrating draws as if they were wins... and the final thing to seal the deal on this win, this real win, and not the kind that ends in a tie score, was a tap-in by Jake Harran in the 68th. Yes, Andrew Gasey was able to score one in the 89th minute, but that didn't really matter at that point, did it? Eshialand got the win they needed, and that was what mattered.

And then there was the match against The Jovannic... you know what? I'll let Josh and Karsten describe that one.

1st minute: "Hello and welcome back to beautiful Eshialand City, I'm Josh Seametzle!"
"And I'm Karsten Rhodes!"
"The roof is off and the sun is shining here at the SuperDome, so it must be time for soccer!"
"I'm not so sure about must be, but that is why we're here today!"
"So Karsten, what do you think about The Jovannic?"
"I'm actually feeling pretty good about this one believe it or not! Just ignore their 2-2-2 record and it looks more than winnable!"
"Yeah, just ignore that, it can't hurt you."

22nd minute: "And LaPlante swipes the ball from Yustat..."
"She's been really good so far, hasn't she?"
"She even got a goal against Aut-Ves-Nat, that was huge! And she passes to Meilling..."
"Meilling's going far in his career, isn't he?"
"Easily, definitely... and he passes it over to MacDougall..."
"I have nothing to say about her to be honest."
"Except for this shot she's taking, it's on target AND IT'S IN! 1-0 ESHIALAND!!"
"Do you think this could be the start of something, or is it all gonna end?"
"I really don't know Karsten..."

31st minute: "So did you hear the news about 7ball?"
"What news about 7ball? I haven't been following that one."
"I thought you love all sports equally!"
"Shut up Karsten."
"Anyway, Eshialand went 6-0 in the group stage!"
"I doubt that."
"Really? I never thought that you'd be the doubter here..."
"I trust logic Karsten. But, I suppose if they went 6-0 in the group stage, they did well in the playoffs?"
"I dunno, I'm behind on my 7ball watching..."
"Great job Karsten, you're a real journalist... wait, is Harran running the ball up the pitch? I think he is! He shoots it, AND HE SCORES! 2-0 OWLS!!"
"Wow, this is just like the last couple of matches!"
"Hopefully it ends like those ones did..."

45+1st minute: "And the officials are calling for 3 minutes of stoppage time in the first half..."
"Let's be real here, does anything ever wind up happening in stoppage time?"
"Occasionally things come up, but ninety-nine percent of the time, no."
"Wait, is that something happening?"
"What do you mean, something happening?"
"Look!"
"Wait, Longfield has the ball, and she passes it to Carroll, AND SHE SCORES! 3-0 OWLS!!!"
"This score is piling up quickly!"

72nd minute: "Ilohil's shot is stopped by Kolek, and he gets the ball to Habisbrauer..."
"So, have you heard about..."
"Here we go again, you're gonna tell me something weird and cool that I don't find weird and cool, right?"
"You liked my 7ball fact, right?"
"No, I thought you fabricated it. There's a difference."
"Here's the proof, let me show you!"
"I'm trying to call the match right now! And Habisbrauer passed it off to Carey, who gets it to Carroll... AND SHE SCORES AGAIN!!"
"See, 6-0 record, it says right here... wait, WHAT?"
"It's now 4-0 for Eshialand!"
"This is just cruel and unusual punishment for the Emperors at this point."
"I would not be happy if I were Coach Gonzal Mathee right now..."

85th minute: "So this win for the Owls is certainly something, right?"
"If nothing else, it'll be a story to remember for the rest of your life!"
"I know I'll be telling my grandkids about it someday..."
"Wait, is that Melissa Carey running with the ball again?"
"What?"
"She isn't even passing this one, she's going for it herself!"
"What?"
"She's out there running past the Jovannican defense like it's nothing!"
"WHAT?"
"And there's the shot... AND SHE SCORES!! 5-0 OWLS!!!"
"What the heck?!"
"This is going down in history for sure now..."

90+3rd minute: "And there's the whistle for full time!"
"I'm not too sure what I just witnessed there..."
"I sure know, and it was beautiful... the final score is Eshialand 5, The Jovannic 0!"
"Well, I guess until next time, I've been Karsten Rhodes..."
"And I've been Josh Seametzle, good night Eshialand!"
Anything I say is IC unless proven otherwise by a court of law.

(he/him/any/all)

Mytanija
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Mytanija » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:36 pm

Jezdimir Ocokoljic had given his colleague at club level, Taras Maksimov, a torrid time at the Nationalstadion in Stelburg. The pair had been a part of the Energija Chernovets side which had won a legendary league and AO Champions’ League double, Ocokoljic putting the goals in at one end and Maksimov keeping them out at the other, both ended up being nominated for Golden Ball honours domestically with the award being given to the Mytanar in the end. Ocokoljic was gracious in his acceptance speech, saying the award belonged to not only him, but Maksimov and the rest of his team too. The pair got on well.

Out on the pitch playing for their countries was a different matter entirely, though, with neither willing to give the other an inch nor playing as if they had ever even met one another before. There was little room for sentiment when you were in desperate need of three points in World Cup qualifiers. Mytanija had high hopes for the campaign after two cycles back on the international scene, expectations had grown and grown throughout that time and finally it appeared as if they were one of the three favourites in their qualifying group. Siovanija and Teusland were too, a difficult obstacle which Lev Repin’s team would have to find some way to negotiate. Poafmersia had been beaten in Cassia, this was a difficult chaser to that match, but it was the sort of game Mytanija had to get a result in if they wanted to qualify for their first World Cup proper for just over twenty editions of the tournament.

Ocokoljic’s international record was already the stuff of legend, 59 goals in 108 caps in a side which had progressed through the international ranks so quickly exactly because of how good he was. Other players had been important: the likes of Jasno Odonelec, Tahir Fejzuli, Mojmir Anac and Pedja Kasun; but none had quite the same impact as Jezdimir Ocokoljic. He could frighten any defence with his movement, he would find spaces and leave defenders stranded and his finishing was almost surgically clinical. He had scored goals everywhere he had played, from his boyhood club Crvena Zvezda to Nepharan side Newrook City; Mytanar giants Atletik Thessia to Siovanija’s Energija Chernovets. He was known everywhere as a complete nightmare to play against, a fierce competitor who loved nothing more than putting the ball in the net.

Taras had seen it from one side already, playing alongside him at club level. It had probably been a bit more enjoyable from that end, because you can’t imagine that he enjoyed being on the receiving end of an Ocokoljic masterclass as he had been during this match. Ocokoljic had opened the scoring with arguably Mytanija’s best goal of qualifying so far, receiving the ball in an inside-right position from Patrik Odonelec he shimmied past one defender before leaving a second sprawling. Maksimov came across to engage him and Ocokoljic put the ball through his legs, leaving him in his wake before slotting home past Heuser. Ocokoljic wheeled away in celebration and a wry smile appeared on the face of his club colleague, almost as if to say ‘so that’s why everybody hates playing against him.

Siovanija and Teusland are a good team and didn’t take it lying down, Mytanija once again guilty of ceding possession once in the lead, although against a team of this standard it is perhaps to be expected to some extent. Oakstone playmaker Leopold Bliznakov punished the Hoops with a powerful effort from all of thirty yards out, Alen Hrdaljko a little slow to close him down and Pedja Kasun didn’t even move as the Nationalstadion exploded with the equaliser. Lev Repin tried to talk his players through the next five minutes but to no avail as wave after wave of attacks threatened to swamp the Mytanar defence. Bigger Mbala-Ekakia had a tough time trying to deal with the excellent Wilhelm Hielscher-Zendagorta on only his fourth international appearance and the Cazadores Cathair striker showed a bit too much strength to get away from Mbala-Ekakia before lashing an effort across Kasun and inside the far post. The game was turned on its head and Mytanija were behind.

Mbala-Ekakia seemed to improve after that and his passing range always makes him useful, a couple of solid passes perhaps settled the nerves and if his former Atletik team mate Damien Gannot had been able to steer his attempt at a volleyed lob over Heuser and inside the post it would have had Mytanija back level. Unfortunately Gannot’s – admittedly very good – effort bounced wide and Siovanija and Teusland’s lead lasted through until half-time. That simply wouldn’t do, not for Lev Repin and especially not for Jezdimir Ocokoljic. He couldn’t let these opponents – some club colleagues, others opponents he had taken great joy in beating with Energija Chernovets – off the hook quite so easily.

Around the 65th minute mark he did exactly that, Mbala-Ekakia playing a long ball over the Siovanija and Teusland defence for the substitute Kemal Gajic to run onto. He didn’t have much support initially, so slowed the play down before cutting inside and playing a pass across the pitch around ten yards outside the penalty area. Jezdimir Ocokoljic picked it up, bearing down on Taras Maksimov for a second time. He feigned as if to try and take the ball on Maksimov’s outside, using his right foot to attempt to go past him before using that same foot to cut back onto Maksimov’s inside. The defender was momentarily wrong-footed and that was all the time Ocokoljic needed, using his left foot to almost toe-poke the ball past Heuser for the second time to bring Mytanija level. Quite how he generated that much power to take the ball twenty yards across the turf is anybody’s guess.

Lev Repin attempted to tighten things up after the equaliser, perhaps a bad idea given the raucous Nationalstadion atmosphere, bringing on Zijad Kurtcehajic might have indicated to the team that a draw would be okay. That might well have led to them dropping deeper and inviting pressure. Sometimes it’s better not to change anything. Vilim Kupresak also entered the fray for Tahir Fejzuli, adding extra energy in the centre of the pitch given Fejzuli’s advancing years. It made the Siovanija and Teusland team smell blood, however, and they were soon piling the pressure on Mytanija’s creaky defence. Shot after shot rained on Pedja Kasun’s goal and the Ararat Severyan goalkeeper did well, parrying them away and making it seem as if the Hoops would seize a hard-earned point on foreign soil. An 86th minute shot from Andrey Bunev was palmed away for a corner, another effort on target but another Kasun dealt with well. It did allow Siovanija and Teusland the opportunity to swing the ball in from the subsequent set play, though.

The big men from the defence came up, including Taras Maksimov and the captain Thorsten Kramer trotted out to take it. Kramer whipped it in, a dangerous delivery, with the likes of Mbala-Ekakia and Anac jumping and narrowly missing the clearing header. Maksimov loitered behind them and timed his jump to perfection, meeting the cross as it dropped from the air and arrowing it past Pedja Kasun. Despite all of Mytanija’s hard work and effort they would have very little to show for it. A last minute flurry of attacks came too late in the game, Siovanija and Teusland would win 3-2 on home soil, mirroring Mytanija’s own victory over Poafmersia in the previous game.

Jezdimir Ocokoljic and Taras Maksimov could be seen sharing a joke come the final whistle, Maksimov with a look of relief upon his features and Ocokoljic a knowing smirk. Ocokoljic had given his team mate a tough time but Maksimov had come through it to win the game for his country. Neither had let themselves down in the end. They swapped shirts and stopped for a quick photo opportunity as they left the pitch, it wouldn’t be too often that they would play against one another.

“You just had to have the last word with that header, didn’t you Taras?” Jezdimir laughed as the pair went their separate ways to their own respective changing rooms.

MYTANIJA SQUAD FOR MATCHES VERSUS YASQUIA (A) & HAPILOPPER (H)
Goalkeepers: 1. Pedja Kasun (Ararat Severyan); 12. Semir Besak (Mipojoseon [QUE]); 24. Lazar Obradovic (Liria Prizren)
Defenders: 2. Damir Milcic (Anomalies [CMT]); 3. Grigorij Savicevic (AC Izotz Zubia [AUD]), 14. Bigger Mbala-Ekakia (Atletik Thessia), 5. Dino Racic (Libertas Bergheim [SVJ]); 6. Patrik Odonelec (CA Paulinthal [PAS]); 25. Ermin Urankar (Ararat Severyan); 26. Andrija Ugljanin (Atletik Thessia), 15. Kamil Jernejec (Chromatik [CMT]), 27. Usten Odonelec (FK Arsika); 28. Antun Spiridonovic (Litala ’93)
Midfielders: 7. Alen Hrdaljko (CA Paulinthal [PAS]), 8. Tahir Fejzuli (Mâ Âlâmëómë [FFD]); 10. Jasno Odonelec (Atletik Thessia); 23. Zijad Kurtcehajic (Atletik Thessia); 31. Dusko Ocokoljic (St. Thomas [TLI]), 19. Mersudin Smajic (Liria Prizren); 20. Maks Shishkin (Maethoru SC [KOR])
Forwards: 9. Jezdimir Ocokoljic (Energija Chernovets [STL), 11. Damien Gannot (Sabrefell Athletic [NPH]); 34. Mijat Simic (Liria Prizren), 39. Zlatan Andrijasevic (Atletik Thessia)
FEDERATIVNA REPUBLIKA MYTANIJA
Federal Republic of Mytannion

Capital: Esca
Population: c. 49,600,000
Demonym: Mytanar

Interested in Mytanar sport? Visit the Mytanski sportski mediji web page

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:41 pm

The Arlington Moon-Tribune

Depending on who you ask, either Zwangzug held Banija to a free-wheeling three-three draw at the Forbridge branch of the Eagles' Club, or Kadongo Kamu were unfortunate to drop points against an erratic second seed. Zwangzug are really the ones playing to form--despite a dismal scoreless draw with Venmere in the following match, they still are holding onto second place in Group 11, with Banija underwhelming. Yet we're barely a third of the way through the qualifiers, and it may yet be that Kadongo Kamu will be able to regard this as a desirable but not decisive missed opportunity.

This was their first meeting in the qualifiers, but Zwangzug and Banija have crossed paths on the grand stage of the World Cup proper twice before. In World Cup 84, Namakula Kawesa's penalty kick in the last minute of the group stage sent Zwangzug home with zero points. A cycle later, however, they would meet in the quarterfinals. Gitonga Kahara, who as a high schooler had followed his coach's example in admiring Martina Ruan of FTC United, scored from a free kick to lift his side into the last four. The quarterfinal run remains Zwangzug's best placement in recent memory; of course, Kadongo Kamu would go farther the next cycle, when they lifted the trophy in Tundra Falls.

Back in Forbridge, though, both sides were trying to focus on the task at hand and put other frustrations behind them. Banija got off to an early lead, with well-travelled captain Mzukisi Nzo assisting Kausu Dione for a chip shot in the fifteenth minute. Zwangzug seemed to react by going further on the defensive, with Simon Gannett and Aimee Ginoud-Sachs clearly off-kilter with the stultifying, almost stalling play. Against the run of play, however, Tova Miovuku would equalize for the hosts. This let Zwangzug seem to relax and play more as a unit, with a series of short midfield passes leading to a Junia McCue goal shortly before halftime.

Banija regrouped during the break, and came out ready to set a fast pace and control the attack. After an unsteady clearance from Gannett, Sarafina Ikpeazu took a corner kick in minute 53. It fell to the feet of her fellow winger, Babaja Mboob. She is noteworthy for being the only starter to play for a Banijan side, despite the fact that Banija is the fourth-ranked association in the IFCF as of this writing (their co-league counterparts, Farfadillis, are #2; Demba Kinteh represents Dí Maozöxê). This may be a case of the Lopez Principle, with even Banija's impressive title-winning side being outstripped by the long-term quality of its association, although we get the sense they consider frequent fan riots fatalities to be a barrier to "long-term association quality" (an opinion notably not shared by Farfadillis). Anyway, these considerations aside, Mboob unleashed a left-footed shot to tie the game, and provoke unkind jokes about his name by the Bassabook Baritone journalist in the press box.

The attack did not let up; Cyper Corr came off the bench for Abigail Admassu, and shortly assisted on a tap-in for Idai Uster--one of Dione's many Silicon Boot co-winners, and also, an alum of the university soccer system. (Zwangzug @@MONTH@@ @@SYNONYMFORCRAZINESS@@ bureaucrats are no doubt brainstorming how to get more Banijans to follow her lead, now that the big-time Nepharim students are graduating and moving on, but we can't blame Banijans or anyone else for actually wanting to make money playing football.) But Zwangzug by now seemed energized rather than intimated against playing a team of this caliber, and in minute 77, Valerie Waugh converted a Ginoud-Sachs pass to tie the game. Kayla Haugen would make a speculative effort five minutes later, but the "triple champion" Wanda Kouyaté was there to deflect it and salvage a point for Banija.

Zwangzug will finish out the first half by visiting Quakmybush, a nation known for hosting the first World Cup cycle that we signed up for back in, uh, 33, and then returning to the Stelladome to face Southwest Eastnorth. Banija, for their part, will travel to Pemecutan, who beat Zwangzug in the first match, and then host the Cheetahs and Reptiles Coalison in Electra Stadium.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Trolleborg
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Trolleborg » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:28 pm

Greetings, compatriots! It’s TTV with a news from the football fields. Unfortunately, they are not too good. Our team lost very important game and as a result missed chance to improve situation in tournament table.

WEST ZIRCONIA – TROLLEBORG 1:2.

The first opponents in this series were Meerkats of West Zirconia, a very famous team in the past, having traveled to World Cups three times, and now it is headed by the same coach who make such a result possible. However, the break for almost fifteen years has definitely not did much good for the team, and West Zirconia struggling to return to its previous status, and not without difficulties. It seems that the country is not up to it yet, it has not even published its roster at this tournament.

Our lads were considered favorites this evening, and it seemed that they would easily confirm this status, but the hosts simply refused just to give points out, and it took serious efforts to outplay them. Troll delivered one of his beautiful long-range strikes, propelling Trolleborg forward.

But almost immediately it turned out that of the footballers who entered the field, not only he knows how to deliver powerful shots. Someone from the hosts' midfield shot perfectly on goal, Kotsson managed to touch the ball with his fingertips, but not succeed in something else, just slightly changed trajectory.

Fortunately, the joy of the hosts did not last even five minutes - again, Troll made a great free-kick and Gulbranden outplayed everyone with his mighty header. It must be noted, that goalkeeper played imprudently in this case, but, most likely, even if had stayed on the line, he still would not have been able to deflect the shot.

Spectators were undoubtedly waiting for more goals in the second half - but, as we already know, they were disappointed at the end. The score 1:2 stands until the end of the game. Three points is good, but our team still looked a bit heavy, and it inspired anxiety before the match with the candidate to lead the group.

TROLLEBORG – SAVIGLIANE 1:2.

A victory in this game would guarantee our lads a breakaway at least until the end of the first half of the cycle. The draw left four points between us, which is also a rather comfortable result. But no one thought about a draw until the 80th minute, when it became the best that can be counted on... Savigliane is a team that is top seed in our group, but at the start it seemed to be not ready for the burden of glory, and this allowed us and Ethane building far-reaching plans.

Our lads played almost the hour of match time exactly in the way we are used to - carefully in defense, with a mixture of pragmatism and inspiration, changing from one to other when needed. During the first half, they did not allow the guests to make a shot on goal even once, and scored one goal themselves – while involving the opponents in the fight in the central circle, our lads organized a quick counterattack, the goalkeeper parried the first shot, but Kerr managed to finish off the ball.

But our players don’t build something over on this, and this did not please the fans very much. Alarm calls began to arise after the break, when guests began to visit our penalty area and sometimes wreak havoc there. And since Morten Troghil had to remove the really tired two experienced players, the game gradually shifted first to the center of the field, and then closer to the box of our team. For a some time this did not have any consequences, but everything changed in the last 15 minutes of the game.

After a highcross, our defenders for some reason concentrated at the flying ball, forgetting everything, and especially the guest player, Thea Squarciafichi, who jumped out from behind them, and he had only to put ball into the net, which he did easily

A moment's lack of composure – and everything has to be started all over again ... But a minute later the situation turned even worse, almost upside down - again thanks to the lack of composure. It seemed that the defense successfully interrupted the breakthrough into the penalty area that promised to be very dangerous, but there was no one to pick up and control the ball. After a powerful shot from 20 meters by Amara Vatrican, even Kot Kotsson was powerless.

And, unfortunately, our team could not find the strength to gather then for the decisive assault and try to win at least a draw. Psychological problems have not been resolved, we must admit.

To a unpleasantly large extent, the tournament prospects will be determined by the fight with Ethane at the end of the first half.
Last edited by Trolleborg on Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lathamford
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Lathamford » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:07 pm

The Farmers:: part 5

The second game of the Lathamford Nationwide League took Teaham FC to Phenomenon Arena, Oakhamton against Oakhamton FC which was then under acting coach Sim Sixflagg. For this match, Morrow still believed in the same player during the loss to Amberwood FC, only, the original goalkeeper Agamemnon Starveling had to be replaced with Solinus Soundpost due to injury factors. Meanwhile, rumors that the Farmers will be bought by millionaire Eddie Ghoftmann are also said, the first negotiations between Teaham FC owner Casprow Mountain Tea and Ghoftmann are scheduled to take place two days after the date of this match. Between the hopes and worries surrounding the squad, promises of multi-funded funding were heard over and over again, but, on the negative side, the possibility of coaches including Morrow being replaced, his plan, imported coaches from regional countries would be brought in if they managed to own a majority stake in the Farmers. Oakhamton FC who played at home easily took a 1-0 lead in the first half, goals from their main striker, Omonteez Walker gave them a comfortable situation as they entered the dressing room. Towards the end of the match, Teaham FC failed to equalize despite being seen to dominate the game, because, Speedy Fox took a defensive strategy by putting almost all his players behind the ball, as the next day's press comment, the sports newspaper stated, Oakhamton FC put not only the bus but the truck in front their goal. [Part 1 ׀ Part 2 ׀ Part 3 ׀ Part 4 ׀ Part 5 ׀ Part 6]
Last edited by Lathamford on Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atheara
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheara » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:09 pm

Athearan Sport Ordering News
ASON.com.ah/football/WC/89Q
The website for all your Athearan sporting needs, and many non sport related stories!

◯Log in or Sign up!|.Home.|.Football.|.Hockey.|.Baseball.|.Chess.|.FAQ & More▼

Football > World Cup/IFCF > 89Q/International
Atheara Taught a Lesson as Farfadillis Puts Up a 5 - 1 Loss, IFCF Tournaments to Begin!
Well, today was quite a disaster. After an embarassing but kind of expected 5 - 1 loss to Farfadillis, Atheara's "lose by 2 goals or less" record has been broken. Farfadillis also has now claimed the throne for Atheara's largest loss by goal margin. But not all was bad news, somehow, Atheara was able to draw Drawkland in the Rekozia Arena. The game between Atheara (who were on the road) and Farfadillis had ended in a 5 - 0 catastrophe in the first half. A consolation goal was only possible with a tap in by Chris Leslen - Odwell from a corner taken by Alexander Porovik on the 76th minute of the game. The game was overall a disaster defensively and offensively, but somehow the midfield was still able to perform well enough that they don't get talked about online. The game against Drawkland was mixed emotions to say the least. Missed shots from Luis Frawning (Insert El Recentico BoF miss meme), Evan Osterric Hugens, and Zimmerman Brusteric could have put Atheara in a 4 - 1 victory. Roger Apollo scored the match opener with a volley from just outside the box on the 7th minute. Toriff Hicosia Algeer was the hero of this match as he had somehow replicated his insane corner bicycle kick goal from Atheara vs Electrum last cycle on the 79th minute.

Well, enough with the depressing loss and draw, time for some news about the IFCF. Your Champions League, Challengers Cup, and your Liga B Champions Trophy (did i say this right? i don't know) will be beginning soon! Remember how the Squidroidians had compared some of the biggest NSstate IFCF clubs to the biggest RLstate clubs? Who would want to try that with a smaller NSstate? Well, quite many actually! Athearans have been making some comparisons of their own clubs to some RLstate clubs! Though Atheara is new in terms of their, you know, domestic league, Atheara has a lot of room to grow, and the clubs compared here is what most expect them to grow into.

Astena Rangers = Rangers FC (Scotland)
Both these two clubs already have some similarities. Their name has "Rangers" in it, both have a majorly blue color scheme, and most important of all, both have some level of domestic dominance in their respective states (well, RL Rangers did have dominance, until Scotland decided to RP them being economically fucked). Though, this doesn't mean the clubs are the same. RLstate Rangers have a lot of domestic and international history, whilst the NSstate Rangers are quite new to international competition and domestic dominance. Though the RL Rangers have won a international trophy, NS Rangers still have a lot to prove themselves to.

Neidegrad City and Neidegrad United = Manchester City and Manchester United (England)
How do you know that these four clubs are similar to one another? The answer, both have similar color schemes to each counterpart, and both have a domestic rivalry. Despite winning no titles (yet), Neidegrad City has been generally more successful, with them recently as last season to qualify for the Challengers Cup, Neidegrad United finished 14th, just one point above relegation zone. But, there will be no threat of relegation this year. As the League 1 and League 2 has been confirmed to unite into the Athearan Super League quite recently. We will see how this goes soon. Though if this comparison continues, Neidegrad City might never in their lifetime win an IFCF trophy.

Mugendar City = Leicester City (England)
Remember how last season Mugendar actually was trying to push not only for L1 playoff, but also the L2 title? Their run could have been as good as Leicester City's Premier League run. Sadly, they kind of dropped off last season. But never to fear this season, the ASL is here. With how well they had actually performed last season, don't let it be a surprise that they could and can finish in the higher brass of the table this year around. But, only time can tell if they can keep their last season's performance and transform it here once again. But, they migh bottle Challenger Cup spots if Athearans are comparing them to Leicester bottling Champions League spots since England keeps the RP of this up.

Real Nova and Real Kazatia = Paris Saint Germain and Paris FC (France)
Honestly, there is only really one thing that makes the two sides similar. Both had splits. Real Nova and Real Kazatia were split because of issues with the management before the L1 and L2 were even internationally announced, and PSG and Paris FC had split up due to financial reasons and some controversy with their name. Though now PSG is a top club as France has RPed PSG being so, and Paris FC being in the lower divisions and overshadowed, Real Nova is more of a struggle bounce and barely didn't qualify for Challengers Cup and Real Kazatia just last season barely qualified for the Athearan Championship. Will things stay the same or change?

You may be down but you'll never be out,
No matter how long the slump or drought!
C'mon Blue Guard, we've seen you fight!
Keep the goals at bay for the rest of the night!
So make us proud, whether shine or shower,
For this is your time to show your true power!
C'mon Atheara, we've seen you fight!
Keep on playing with all of your might!

This chant by fans during the 2nd leg of Atheara - Valanora during WCQ88 has turned into the official National Team chant.

So, what can you expect this season? Absolute shit will happen that's for sure. And it's unlikely the Astena Rangers can even qualify for the Group Stage of the Champions League since they already lost a playoff once to FC.1 Kotzellach in the LigAnaia. As for the Challengers Cup, who knows? Sisalena lost to some first graders during LigAnaia playoffs, and Neidegrad City and FC Deskala have no experience in international competition. Liga B is even more unclear. But only time can tell.

Atheara WCQ 89 Schedule
MD1: Atheara 1 vs 0 Eastfield Lodge @Astena Stadium, Astena
MD2: Atheara 1 vs 0 Torisakia
MD3: Atheara 0 vs 0 Garbelia @Rekozia Arena, Rekozia
MD4: Atheara 3 vs 0 Barhe
MD5: Atheara 3 vs 0 Usanguk @Astena Stadium, Astena
MD6: Atheara 1 vs 5 Farfadillis
MD7: Atheara 1 vs 1 Drawkland @Rekozia Arena, Rekozia
MD8: Atheara vs Blouman Empire
MD9: Atheara vs Valladares @Astena Stadium, Astena

MD10: Atheara vs Eastfield Lodge
MD11: Atheara vs Torisakia @Rekozia Arena, Rekozia
MD12: Atheara vs Garbelia
MD13: Atheara vs Barhe @Rekozia Arena, Rekozia
MD14: Atheara vs Usanguk
MD15: Atheara vs Farfadillis @Astena Stadium, Astena
MD16: Atheara vs Drawkland
MD17: Atheara vs Blouman Empire @Rekozia Arena, Rekozia
MD18: Atheara vs Valladares

This outlet was written by Karl Gettsen, he has written 20 outlets.

Other Recent ASON Outlets...
Hockey: Livertia Cup Delayed due to Player Kidnapping
Chess: How to Make Your Own Opening!
Football: John Harper Under Question After Performa vs. Farfadillis
A T H E A R A | A N A I A
"I'm not sure about being as obvious as other people."
Football
Jenna Raven Cup I Champions!
3rd in the 75th Baptism of Fire!

Ice Hockey
3rd in the 19th World Junior Hockey Championships!
Ro32 in the 47th World Cup of Hockey
If you were wondering, the girl on my flag is Vill V from Honkai Impact 3rd. Your welcome.

Geisenfried
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 02, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Geisenfried » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:40 pm

Flying High in the Griffin's Roost
National team bounces back after loss to Brenecia

GREIFELÄS, STIERBERG - Though keeping the Group 2 favorites and world 17th rank Brenecia to a single goal at home might prove to be a moral victory, the Golden Eagles came back to the country clearly wanting an actual victory, as they came gunning out of the gates in Greifeläs against fellow red-and-black G-team Garifunya. Within a quarter-hour, the hosts had already put up two goals, and despite an effort by Garifunya to bring things back to level before the half, die Steinadler had put up another brace of goals in the second to bring home a 4-1 victory, and keeping themselves still in the heart of the World Cup qualifying contention. But a dearth of results against the top-ranked teams means there's still a long road ahead if unranked Geisenfried wants to make noise.

Taking to heart the lessons learned from their match at home, Geisenfried came out pressing early and were rewarded with a corner kick early as Mikkel Christensen forced Stijn Kruit to push an effort wide. But the Golden Eagles wouldn't be denied long, as Dominik Schroeder came from the back to knock Djibril Kayode's corner into the net with his forehead and give the crowd something to cheer about early on. Garifunya's effort to rebound from the early goal quickly turned into a counter, and soon Geisenfried was occupying the Garifunya side of the field again, trying to build another attack. Despite their best efforts, Garifunya couldn't clear, and five minutes later a laser from Ferdinand Roessler beat Kruit's outstretched hands and hit the upper corner to make it two-nil. Geisenfried swapped back to its more conservative, defensive posture after putting up the insurance goal, which allowed Garifunya to put more pressure on during the latter stages of the first half - something that would eventually lead to Boudewijn van der Weide converting an opportunity to make it 2-1 just before the half-time whistle.

Not wanting to cede their lead, Geisenfried put in a more offensive effort coming back from the half, not wanting to allow Garifunya to keep applying pressure and perhaps breaking through. This lead to a more flowing back and forth early in the second half, but eventually the Golden Eagles were winning more of the exchanges and more of the possession, and beginning to press their advantage against the Garifunyan defense. Eventually a quick one-two between Kayode and Christensen slipped by Kruit just past the hour mark and made the Geisen lead up to 3-1. Once again more secure in their margin, the Golden Eagles kept up a possession game against for the latter part of the game against Garifunya, and a late desperation attack by the visitors came back to haunt them as it led to a quick counter capitalized by substitute Olamilekan Adebayo, who had been brought on late to reward Geisenfried's offensive players with a bit of a break, finalizing the score at 4-1.

The victory puts space between Geisenfried and Garifunya, who are now separated by 3 points, 8 goals in differential and the head-to-head victory, but Geisenfried's 10 points all come from the teams below them on the standings. If they want to make any sort of progress in the group, they need to start making points against the teams above them - which include their next three opponents. First up comes a battle against Le Choix, which should prove to be a potent defensive showdown between the two teams who have given up the least goals of the group in qualifying. Then the beginning of a three-game home stand starts in Heimüller against Squidroidia before moving on to the first rematch of the qualifying session in manager Brückner's old haunts in Dözel against Kohnhead. Results against all will prove necessary if Geisenfried wants to prove itself worthy of their historical precedents.

Brenecia 1 - 0 Geisenfried
Russell (35')

Geisenfried 4 - 1 Garifunya
Schroeder (8'), Roessler (13'), van der Weide (41'), Christensen (64'), Adebayo (87')
The Royal Federation of Geisenfried / der Königsbund von Geisenfried
Proper demonym: Geisen

- Two-time quarterfinalist, six-time qualifier, and former host (XXXII) of the NationStates Football World Cup

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:51 pm

Princess Kate and Princess Bella both in hunting gear holding M4A1 rifles ...

Kate:
Hello, this is Princess Kate for Naked News Jeruselem reviewing the last two games of the World Cup 89 qualification. I'm with Princess Bella because ... she's here. Yes we're in hunting gear and holding assault rifles because we're on our farm and we're hunt feral animals. Yes, these are real weapons and not toys. But we're not talking hunt today. Maybe some other day. Yes these things aren't loaded.

Bella: Good morning everyone
Kate: Just a reminder she's heir apparent too, she knows how to use a weapon too.
Bella: I'm not that good hitting things
Kate: Well, you're better than some people we know.
Bella: Err yeah
Kate: Let's get on with the football! It was qualification days 6 and 7. And some interesting results!
Bella: Yeah for sure

Kate:
Match day 6 had it's dramas. Commonwealth of Baker Park were hosting Polkopia, both teams where undefeated in Group 7. But it wasn't the home team who won, it was the visitors Polkopia who won 1-0 over the top seed. Well, that's the first defeat for Baker Park and Polkopia made a statement about their intentions!
Aut-Ves-Nat hosted Flavovespia and got a 0-0 draw out of it which is better than their usual result, a loss. Flavovespia aren't doing that well and not beating the bottom seed another loss of points.
Xanneria who also need to get wins, were hosting with Eshialand being the visitors and Eshialand walked off with 3-2 win. Well, Eshialand are a team to watch.
Sajnur were at home and visiting Kiltoch were their next victims with the home team winning 1-0.
And finally Jeruselem visited The Jovannic who have proven a little hard to predict. We got 1-1 draw but that's a game we should be winning.

Bella: Polkopia and Eshialand are putting in their statements about being contenders. What's going on with Flavovespia and Xanneria?
Kate: I guess rankings mean nothing if you're not doing well enough
Bella: Yes, we are in for a difficult campaign if this is the trend.
Kate: I'm looking at the other groups and Baker Park looks the most vulnerable top seed so far.
Bella: We never do things the easy way
Kate: Life would be boring we didn't
Bella: Just hope things don't get too exciting ...

Kate:
And we had more dramas on match day 7 of qualification.
Kiltoch hosted Commonwealth of Baker Park hoping to rebound from their loss to Polkopia, but they went crashing down with Kiltoch taking down Baker Park 2-1 to inflict a second loss in a row for the top seed. Wow, just wow.
Eshialand had their best ever result. The victim was visiting The Jovannic who got thrashed 5-0. Huge result, it's not like The Jovannic are super bad but them losing 5-0 is not pretty. Their best every home game for Eshialand.
Flavovespia were at home and took on fellow strugglers Xanneria. Flavovespia came of 2nd best going down 4-3 to Xanneria who needed the win but so did Flavovespia.
And Jeruselem at home took on Sajnur. As usual, we play worse at home and managed to lose 1-0 kill off our lossless record.
Not our best game but we didn't get thrashed 5-0 like The Jovannic who played us last game.

Bella: This group is becoming hard to predict, Baker Park losing two games in row? Jeruselem losing a game they should have won.
Kate: Well I didn't mention the Polkopia game against Aut-Ves-Nat where Polkopia were at home, and Aut-Ves-Nat are last. DID THEY WIN? NO, they drew 2-2 against the last placed team while beating the top seed last game.
Bella: OK, that's just getting extreme.
Kate: I guess we didn't lose two in row, but 1 point from 6 is pretty bad for 2nd top seed.
Bella: We have to improve but this group looks unpredictable as it is.

Kate:
The group 17 table has an interesting stat. All top 4 teams have +6 goal difference, yeah that's just weird.
Aut-Ves-Nat are still last, with 3 draws.
Xanneria and Flavovespia sit in 8 and 9 with 7 points each.
The Jovannic had a respectable goal difference but the recent changed that to -6. They sit 7th on 8 points.
Kiltoch and Sajnur are 6th and 5th with 10 points. They also have the same goal difference of -2.
Eshialand are 4th on 11 points with 3-2-2 record.
Jeruselem slipped back on 3rd with 12 points with 3-3-1 record
Baker Park are now 2nd on 13 points, with 4-1-2 record and two recent losses.
Polkopia are the new leader with 15 points and 4-3-0 record.

Bella: A bit of a disaster for the top 2 seeds, yes including us.
Kate: I guess it's exciting times, but not exactly good for us or Baker Park.
Bella: We still have time to recover the situation
Kate: I guess we'll find out on this first half of the qualification with two games left
Bella: Hopefully we pick up two wins
Kate: Yeah

Bella: Our last campaign started a lot better.
Kate: I guess things are always different every campaign
Bella: Yeah
Kate: Well that's the summary of our last two days, err it's our best effort for sure but then we aren't Baker Park either.
Bella: OK
Kate: That's it from us, we have to do some shooting

Bella: If it hit anything ... meh
Kate: This is our farm and we're allowed to do this
Bella: And we're using these assault rifles because ... we're too lazy to reload every shot
Kate: See you all later, we're looking for foxes. And wild pigs
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:32 pm

We're back with Sports with Bort again. I was going to talk about Torisakia's /b] past two wins in the [b]World Cup, but I gotta pick up my grandad in 20 minutes. So enjoy this sports-based song parody I made up.

To the tune of Hank Williams Sr's Lovesick Blues

I got drown in booze, oh Lord
Since the natty team said goodbye
Lord, I don't know who I'll boo
All I do is sit and cry, oh Lord

That last long day they killed some guy
Well lord I thought I was high
They killed him, they killed her
They got that kind of killin'
Lord, I love to hear 'em when they called them sweet ba-a-addy

Such a beautiful scream
I hate to think it's all over
We've lost our team it seems
I've grown so used to them somehow
Well they're nobody's sugar baddies now
And they're lo-o-osers
Just get a god damn win

Well, I'm in love, I'm in love with a terrible team
That's what's the matter with me
Well, I'm in love, I'm in love with a terrible team
But they don't care about me
Lord, I tried and I tried to keep them full of pride
But they just turned away
So now that they are lo-o-osin'
This is all I can say

I got drown in booze, oh Lord
Since the natty team said goodbye
Lord, I don't know who I'll boo
All I do is sit and cry, oh Lord

That last long day they killed some guy
Well lord I thought I was high
They killed him, they killed her
They got that kind of killin'
Lord, I love to hear 'em when they called them sweet ba-a-addy

Such a beautiful scream
I hate to think it's all over
We've lost our team it seems
I've grown so used to them somehow
Well they're nobody's sugar baddies now
And they're lo-o-osers
Just get a god damn win

Yeah I know it doesn't fit now since the team has actually won a few games, but it's still frustrating to see how they used to be compared to how they are now. My problem isn't with not getting a win, it's not getting consistent wins. This whole thing of "win one, lose two" has gotten old. I can't support them anymore. I just can't. The deal is broken. I would rather cover myself in ground beef and jump into shark infested waters than to have to see this team play again. I basically have to overdose on anti-depressants to keep from killing myself every time I watch one of their games. That article from that tabloid clickbait news site was right, these players should've been given the actual death penalty instead of...whatever that was. I don't see how you can give a team the death penalty if they were never alive to begin with. I've updated my will to include a few last requests. Other than having my brother take Chuggles and my mom take my drapes, I've requested that the Torisakia national association football team lower my casket into the grave, so that they can let me down one last time. Not that I ever expected anything from them anyway.

Well that's it for today's Sports with Bort. Next time's summary will have to wait cause I gotta go pickup my grandad. He went to Jmart again and it's likely his Alzheimer's has struck again and he's in there trying to find his way out. Last time he was found in the mouse trap section trying to take his clothes off. This time I bet he's in the freezers trying to use the John. Fingers crossed he doesn't want me to take him by Dairy Queen again for another Brizzard just for the worker to flip it upside down again and have it fall out onto the pavement and hear my grandad bitch about "this is the third time I've been fucked by Dairy Queen". I still don't know what the first time was.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:23 pm

By: Xinyi Leung, Politics Correspondent

Election Season: Representatives Preview Part 2
Representative District #03, Chromia Central #2 Candidates: Yeling Huang (Rainbow Party), Justin Delvin (Traditionalist Party), Isaak Krause (Red Party) Favorite: Isaak Krause Incumbent: Yeling Huang (Rainbow Party)
Representative District #06, Chromia Eastern #1 Candidates: Riley Beck (Rainbow Party), Henry Osborn (Traditionalist Party) Favorite: Riley Beck Incumbent: Riley Beck (Rainbow Party)
Representative District #13, Chromia Western #4 Candidates: Erik Kamson (Rainbow Party), Myung-Shik Jung (Traditionalist Party), Lena Bialla (Red Party) Favorite: Lena Bialla Incumbent: Lena Bialla (Red Party)
Representative District #26, Wirr Tsi #1 Candidates: William Jacques (Rainbow Party), Han-Do Kim (Traditionalist Party), Karol Kay (Independent) Favorite: Toss-Up Incumbent: Han-Do Kim (Traditionalist Party)
Representative District #32, Capital East #2 Candidates: Jerod Springer (Rainbow Party), Mirabelle Juron (Traditionalist Party), Amie Riora (Red Party) Favorite: Amie Riora Incumbent: Jerod Springer (Rainbow Party)
Representative District #39, Sanar #3 Candidates: Darin Wyre (Rainbow Party), Karima Maddox (Traditionalist Party) Favorite: Karima Maddox Incumbent: Karima Maddox (Traditionalist Party)
Representative District #51, Ming #1 Candidates: Avin Jones (Rainbow Party), Henri Champange (Traditionalist Party), Rachelle Pickering (Independent) Favorite: Rachelle Pickering Incumbent: Gavin Ayiza (Traditionalist Party)

Today, we bring you seven more elections that will take place as part of the sixteen representative elections that take place every year (except for one seventeen representative year). Some of these are shoo-ins - Yeling Huang should repeat in Chromia Central #2, Riley Beck in Chromia Eastern #1, Karima Maddox in Sanar #3 as a purely industrial area. However, the other four are very interesting to observe.

First, there is Chromia Western #4, an area that is mostly dominated by college campuses - both Chromatik State and Chromia Central College have campuses here. Lena Bialla is the favorite as part of the Red Party, but there is some concerns regarding her decorum in voting alongside the other members of her party too often for true representation of the District, and there is a chance that Erik Kamson may steal enough votes to flip the spot to the Rainbow Party.

Then, there is Wirr Tsi #1, a huge aeronautics area of the city. Han-Do Kim has reportedly ruined public goodwill by voting on a few clauses along party lines that hurt the businesses present. There is room for William Jacques or even the wildcard that is Karol Kay, an independent businesswoman running for office, to take over the Representative District.

Third of the question marks is Capital East #2, which is the Southeast of the Capital District. Amie Riora, a twenty-five year old philanthropist, is staging an admirable campaign based on "Ecology, Conservationism, and a Greener Future". If she gets this Representative District, there will be some very happy people in both the Rainbow Party and the Red Party.

Lastly, there is Representative District #51. Gavin Ayiza has announced he's retiring due to health problems, and Henri Champange isn't somebody who has a lot of experience. Keep an eye on Rachelle Picking, an Independent with Red Party leanings who actually wants to form a kind of a Conservative Party.

There is a world out there where a Representative District stays Red and two Districts flip to Independent. Wouldn't that be something else?
Tales from the Lower Leagues
Cosmopolitans: The Slow Climb

There are stories that are missed every season by the big markets because they aren't in the Red or Orange Leagues. There are stories of surprise promotions, tearful relegations, financial struggles, teamwide drama, and external forces that impact smaller teams. We here from The Rebel will spend some time to look at nine different stories from nine teams that were in the Yellow League or lower up till the start of Season Seven.

By: Anne Doty, Vitoron Enquirer
Name of Club: Cosmopolitans 
Nickname: The Rich
City: Vitoron
District: Capital
Stadium: Capital Field (Cap. 1,650)
Owner: Kingsley Drummer, Real Estate Mogul

Season 1 W D L GF GA GD Pts Place Cup
After 05 2 0 3 8 10 -2 6 Indigo 10 Round 1: Loss to Nonian City (2-2, 2-5 AET)
After 10 4 1 5 18 21 -3 13 Indigo 10
After 15 8 1 6 26 26 0 25 Indigo 6
After 20 9 3 8 34 38 -4 30 Indigo 9
After 25 12 3 10 40 45 -5 39 Indigo 8
After 30 15 5 10 52 49 3 50 Indigo 4
Season 2 W D L GF GA GD Pts Place Cup
After 10 7 2 1 20 12 8 23 Indigo 1 Round 1: Loss to logger (0-3)
After 20 13 4 3 42 24 18 43 Indigo 1
After 30 21 5 4 65 32 33 68 Indigo 1- Promoted to Blue League
Season 3 W D L GF GA GD Pts Place Cup
After 05 1 1 3 4 6 -2 4 Blue 13 Round 1, Win vs. Brisara Dragoons (2-1)
After 10 5 2 3 13 8 5 17 Blue 4 Round 2, Win vs. Wix City (1-0)
After 15 6 6 5 17 11 6 24 Blue 5 Round 3, Loss to Crix (0-2)
After 20 9 7 4 25 17 8 34 Blue 5
After 25 10 11 4 31 18 13 41 Blue 6
After 30 13 12 5 38 20 18 51 Blue 6
Season 4 W D L GF GA GD Pts Place Cup
After 05 3 1 1 5 2 3 10 Blue 4 Round 1, Loss to Gurshan Sharks (0-0, 0-0 AET, 1-3 pen.)
After 10 5 2 3 15 8 7 17 Blue 4
After 15 7 4 4 25 12 13 25 Blue 5
After 20 9 5 6 30 18 12 32 Blue 4
After 25 14 5 6 37 19 18 47 Blue 3
After 30 15 7 8 40 24 16 52 Blue 3- Promoted to Green League
Season 5 W D L GF GA GD Pts Place Cup
After 05 2 1 2 6 9 -3 7 Green 11 Round 2: Win vs. Deprí Pelar Pelicans (4-0)
After 10 4 4 5 9 15 -6 13 Green 13 Round 3: Loss to Omnio City (1-2)
After 15 6 1 8 13 21 -8 19 Green 13
After 20 6 1 13 15 36 -21 19 Green 14
After 25 7 3 15 24 46 -22 24 Green 14
After 30 8 3 19 27 52 -25 27 Green 14
Season 6 W D L GF GA GD Pts Place Cup
After 05 3 1 1 8 5 3 10 Green 5 Round 2 Loss to Inon City (0-3)
After 10 5 1 4 15 14 1 16 Green 8
After 15 5 3 7 18 22 -4 18 Green 11
After 20 8 4 8 27 30 -3 28 Green 7
After 25 9 6 10 31 38 -7 33 Green 8
After 30 10 7 13 38 48 -10 37 Green 9
The Acquisition

The concept of a rich man buying a squad and personally micromanaging every bit of it isn't a new idea. The best place to start, obviously, was from the very bottom. At the start of the Rainbow League System, Indigo League Clubs could be bought for as little as 150,000 NMS. Kingsley Drummer was a Real Estate Agent in Vitoron who owned three apartment complexes; he sold two of them and bought Cosmopolitans instead.

His vision for the club was a scrappy one that didn't back down from a fight. He didn't care how well the team did as long as they played tough and weren't pushovers. The long term goal was to reach the Green League before looking for a partner.

The Climb

A 3-2-0 record in the last five matches of the season gave Cosmopolitans the fourth place in their first season, and then in the second season of the Rainbow League System, the team absolutely took over. 21-5-4, 65 Goals For and 32 Goals Allowed, and they led the entire way through.

It took only two more seasons to conquer the Blue League, winning the Promotion Playoff in Season 4. Then, they survived the Green League in Season 5, winning the Promotion/Relegation Playoff to stay in the league. The fact that they survived despite having a -25 Goals Differential is a testament to what Mr. Drummer wanted - the team never quit.

Season Six: The Doldrums

Currently, Mr. Drummer is looking for that business partner to invest more into the team and carry them to the Yellow League. Midtable in the Green League is the ceiling at the moment, and that isn't enough for Kingsley Drummer.

Strategy

Cosmopolitans have become synonymous with never backing down from a fight and choosing their fights carefully. They've had physical players and finesse players aplenty.

Future Prospects

Kingsley Drummer must find that partner soon. This has been a successful venture nonetheless, but to take the next step, additional funds are needed.

Concluding Thoughts

Cosmopolitans are a success story, but there is a long way to go if they are to become a household name.
Matchday 6 Schima Bas 4-3 Chromatika
Goals: Oveni '8, Fillar, B. '63, '88
Player of the Match: AM Baillaire Fillar (2 Goals)
Starting XI (4-3-2-1): Enax; Watt - Odling - Nodis - Ighv; Baum - Pill - Hama; Phoen - Laurette; Oveni.
Substitutes: Chapman -> Watt ('33), Fillar, B. -> Laurette ('53), Toussaint -> Oveni ('71)

Matchday 7: Chromatika 1-1 Sylestone @ Islander Dome, Myana, Myana Island
Goal: Hauser '71
Player of the Match: AM Haley Hauser (1 Goal)
Starting XI (4-4-1-1): Fillar, J.; Xiao - de Aea - Ken - Ilya; Humphreys - Armageddon (C) - Zuniga - Kuznetsov; Mora; Vidal.
Substitutes: Hauser -> Zuniga ('62), Fillar, G. -> Xiao ('70), Marc -> Humphreys ('82)
Five Questions with... Shelby Arling, Media Relations Coordinator

1. What do you think happened in the loss to Schima Bas?
"Lina Watt broke her ankle in the thirty-third minute, and the team kind of unraveled after that. Conceding three goals before half isn't the best, and though we got one back due to Kara Oveni, we had to come back. Substituting in Baillaire Fillar was the right idea - she got two back for us - but then there was a questionable call that resulted in a penalty, and Van Enax couldn't stop the shot. It was a comedy of errors and a symphony of unfortunate circumstances."

2. What do you think about the game against Sylestone?
"I think we played well. Sylestone's defense can be a hard nut to track. Haley got the one back for us, and it proved enough to get the point. Not the result we wanted, but it's better than losing altogether. I loved the atmosphere and I really appreciated how our fans treated the Sentients. What an interesting team to play against!

3. How are you helping quell the worry that is spreading through the fans?
"We are barely a third of the way through. Plenty of matches remain and we're still in a decent spot. The away match to Eura will be paramount, but other than that, the Anomalies were playing well and I believe they will be able to continue to do well. They just need to keep their cool."

4. What's your favorite part of your job?
"Honestly, engaging with the public. Whether it be hyping up the fanbase or quelling dissent, it's so nice to have a voice in the matters and a way into the fans' hearts. It is an honor to be where I am."

5. Any words to the fans?
"It's a long qualifying cycle, and dropping four points isn't the end of the world. The Anomalies have the capability to put up the results as they did in the first five games. Let us hope that the last two games were indeed an Anomaly, and that they get back on track. Go Anomalies!
Chromatik Roster for MD8 and MD9:

Starters @ Eura (23) (4-4-1-1): Fillar, J.; Xiao - de Aea - Ken - Ilya; Humphreys - Armageddon (C) - Zuniga - Kuznetsov; Mora; Vidal.
Reserves @ Eura: GK Ferret Tioux, GK Jacob Descombes, RB Victoire De Saint-Pierre, CB Keira Anbient, CB Damon Ingram, LB Nina Pomeroy, RM/RW Orianne Marc, DM Kaia Larriet-Cortes, DM Mare Si, LM/LW Andréa Croix-Pierre, AM Haley Hauser, AM Baillaire Fillar, ST Alicia Gainsbourg

Starters vs. Lathamford (193) (4-3-2-1): Begley (C); Fillar, G. - Odling - Nodis - Sayer; Kruetzberg - Larriet-Cortes - Fillar, E.; Fillar, B. - Hauser; Thibodeaux.
Reserves vs. Lathamford: GK Van Enax, GK Jacob Descombes, RB Victoire De Saint-Pierre, CB Keira Anbient, CB Damon Ingram, LB Derron Nocturne, RM/RW Barrion Winge, DM Eli Apt, LM/LW Andréa Croix-Pierre, AM Alissar Phoen, AM Tyoma Laurette, ST Alicia Gainsbourg.
Last edited by Chromatika on Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:50 pm

Bumpy landing ends in smooth ride
excerpt from http://www.xtrasports.xan/blogpost.htm

FLAVOVESPIA - It was a nice flight over to Flavovespia, but I'm sure as many in the press had since learned it didn't quite end that way. As the official blogger for XTRA i felt very honored to be able to actually take the flight with the team to Flavovespia. While I think it was a nice flight as mentioned before I feel since this has been making the rounds I have to tell my side. I mean a normal flight chartered by a sports team is filled with players, trainers, coaches and other PR personell, sometimes even a media person like me can get in on the action. The usual sports team flight antics took place on this particular flight, low risk gambling with booze and small amounts of roundys being bet. A bunch of people avoiding Xander Washington and a lot of jokes about the announcers in Krytenia forgetting there is an "L" in his name. The landing itself was smooth but the flight and the charter took us to Lunselberry. The reasoning behind this was that the team had planned to set up at a resort hotel in the area and use that to practice at far enough away from the possible distractions Marthorpe may have brought us. It was a nice idea but the execution of the first half left a lot to be desired. I was departing the plane and as media the players and staff went out first and by time I got out as one of the last in the plane i started to hear a noise after I dissembarked I heard a noise. I turned around and suddenly the plane had titled back. Anyways the pilots and stewardesses were fine but the plane was damaged. I Guess the smaller airport wasn't aware of how to handle the plane and the leading theory is the improperly unloaded our bags. Anyways the pilots and stewardesses were fine but the plane was damaged. I Guess the smaller airport wasn't aware of how to handle the plane and the leading theory is the improperly unloaded our bags.

Whoops

As for the game the plan did work, the were minimal distractions outside of the usually pre match hi jinx of Xander Washington and his eyerolling opinions. but for the game it was Bray Feltzer who took over. The leading domestic player in FLOX this season for Galaxy, he was all over the field as a CAM. Passing, Scoring, Defending he did it all! Feltzer was in control for the most part as the young Evan Jefferson played in Goal. Jefferson did well but the game caught up to him as the stadium had been fairly humid. Feltzer got around rival Michael Cole on pure speed and snuck a pass to Brower. He would get two more assist, one on a Brower goal in the 52nd and another to Gasey in the 68th. He would secure a goal himself on a very sneaky play where he took advantage of a slow lazy pass from Cole to David Clark deep in Flavo territory and caught Aarif Muhammad off guard along with the rest of the team. Although a couple late miscues from young player Xander Washington lead to goals from Falvovespia at 31' and 74' it was not enough and the Maroons beat Flavovespia 4-3

XANNERIA - 4
Brower 16' 52'
Gasey 68'
Feltzer 81'

FLAVOVESPIA - 3
Cole 31' 59'
Player 74'
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Indusse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Indusse » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:29 am

The Daily Newsmaker
General Election Pre-Electoral Poll

With the election season starting, all the media is behind political parties and leaders and publishing show on who and how people will vote. There is a total of 187 Constituencies in the nation consisting of the constituencies in the 11 Provinces and 3 Special Zone regions. There are four main alliances contesting this election namely; National Democratic Party (NDP), Justice League (JL), Indussean Communist Party (ICP) and Royal Family Alliance (RFA+).

Today, second in the pre-electoral poll we have the province of Southbay. The Province of Southbay is one of the largest tourist as well as a sporting region in the nation.

SOUTHBAY PROVINCE | സൗത്ത്ബേ പ്രവിശ്യ

Electoral Code: SB
Constituencies: 34
Current Governor: Ajay Bhattacharya (Riveria Constituency - JL)
Current Seat Share: NDP (10), JL (14), ICP (7), RFA+ (2), Others (1)

In the province of Southbay, The Prepolls show that Justice League and National Democratic Party would have a hung assembly where Ajay Bhattacharya has a greater chance to be chosen Governor. Both National Democratic Party and Justice League would get 38.2 of the percentage votes (thirteen seat leads respectively), Indussean Communist Party would get 11.8 of percentage votes (leading in four seats) and become the opposition if a hung assembly is made. The Royal Family Alliance (RFA+) would get 8.8 of the percentage votes (Lead in three seats) and would gain one extra seat. One seat would probably go to the independents where they get about 2.5% of votes. The Justice League as well as the Communists will lose some seats according to the pre-electoral polls.

^ Seat Share Percentage

^ Total Votes Gainable (Top Candidates)

The above chart indicates that Lal Kishore Thanaji of ICP gets the largest individual vote share of the party which is 81.5 % in his constituency. He is followed by Ajay Bhattacharya of the Justice League with an 85.4% vote share. Ajay Bhattacharya, who is the incumbent Governor has a better chance to be governor once again. William Jorquets of the National Democratic Party stands third with 83.4 percent vote share. As Usual, Mahalaxmi Devi got the most votes in RFA+ which is 79.3%.

Today, third in the pre-electoral poll we have the province of Neagra. The Province of Neagra is located east of hind and is a stronghold of NDP and JL. It is home to natural wonders and tourists spots.
NEAGRA PROVINCE | നയാഗ്ര പ്രവിശ്യ

Electoral Code: SB
Constituencies: 38
Current Governor: Mahadev Dharmeshai (Neagra Valley Constituency - NDP)
Current Seat Share: NDP (16), JL (14), ICP (6), RFA+ (1), Others (1)

The Neagra Province is repeating history once again, but this time the pre-electoral polls surprised everyone. Moving from National Democratic Party to Justice League isn't anything new but the incumbent governor is said to lose to Warhax Harry of Justice League and W.Harry has the largest individual vote share in the party in Neagra. The Justice Party has a vote share of 42.1 percentage with a lead in sixteen seats. They are followed by the National Democratic Party which has a vote share of 34.2 percentage with a lead in thirteen seats. The Indussean Communist Party gets their all-time best vote share in Neagra of 21.1 percentage with a lead in eight seats. The Royal Family Alliance (RFA+) still remains with a lead in one seat and a vote share of 2.6 percentage.

^ Seat Share Percentage

^ Total Votes Gainable (Top Candidates)

The above chart indicates that Banva Chaturvedi of ICP gets the largest individual vote share of his party which is 80.1% in his constituency. The Largest share in Justice League goes to Warhax Harry who is said to be the giant killer. He gets a share of 82.9% of votes against the incumbent governor. The NDP Top scorer would be Manav Azad with 84 percent of vote shares. Ranaji Khushwantji of Royal Family Alliance would get a vote share of 80 per cent in his constituency.
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

Resume
Issue Author: #1428
IAC 13 Champions

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Audioslavia » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:43 am

Audioslavia wrote:
A Silly Song about Audioslavia
Set to the Tune of Bella Ciao
Kontapuntzeka and Catenaccio
Oh bella ciao, bella ciao, bella ciao, ciao, ciao
Kontapuntzeka and Catenaccio
Our Rohan hatches master plans

With five defenders, and two more DMs
With five defenders and two more DMs
Not Carpie Diem, Carpe Joy

And all the neutrals, we’ll get them snoring
Oh all the neutrals, we’ll get them snoring
If they want scoring, they can’t stay here

They start advancing, we start contracting
They start advancing, we start contracting
The way we’re acting’s unwatchable

When they choose violence, we choose Karela
When they choose violence, we choose Karela
We can’t fail if we don’t lose goals

But if we sit back, how will we triumph?
Oh fuck knows how, fuck knows how, fuck knows how, how how
But if we sit back, how will we triumph?
Have a seat, and I'll explain

You're all expecting, a charging toro, but
Our Bulls says 'meow'', it says 'meow' it 'meow, wow wow'
And when you're staring, and going 'lol wat'
The Bull will sharpen horns and charge

It charges forward, it charges goalward
It charges forward, it charges goalward
And then it falls inside your box

Il arbitore, dice 'Rigori!'
Il arbitore, dice 'Rigori!'
Ridiamo tutti, che sfacciato!

And El Toro, he winks at Cammers
Oh the Bull goes and winks at Cammers
And he hammers the ball home

So if you go up against the Auren,
The Bulls of Aye, Anaia-ai, Anaia-iai-a
Oh if you're playing the Audioslavians
Prepare for things to get fucky

Eraman
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraman » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:17 am

The national team was in Rushmore for the World Cup 89 qualifying match against world number 4, Nephara when the Melayuan leaders met in Lathamford to sign the Thousandforks Declaration. Eraman had just beat Delaclava a few days earlier and was hopeful for an upset but Nephara is the favorite to qualify from the group and it was clear on the night that the Nepharans are the better side. They took the lead as early as the 3rd minute and went to lead 3-0 before the break. A better second-half from the Eramanians saw them close the gap to 3-2 with Wikra Petara and Era Hitam scoring in the 61st and 68th minute respectively. In danger of a comeback from the Eramanians, Nephara re-grouped and restored their two goals lead in the 75th minute through Reniira Clevinger before Bastet North made it 5-2 in additional time. The defeat was disappointing but not unexpected.

Eraman returned home determined to bounce back immediately as they entertained the visit of the bottom side, Martune who only has a point to show after 6 matches. The match was played at Pasirpura Stadium in the southern part of Eraman, the same venue that saw Eraman beat Delaclava 3-2 a week ago. Eraman showed their dominance in the match and recorded their biggest victory in history as they score 9 past Martune with Wikra Petara scoring 5 goals on the night, the most goal scored by a player in a single game in Eraman's history. The other 4 goals were scored by Era Hitam, Samara Grawira, Serigala Rudra, and Anton Mora to make it 9-1 at the final whistle. The huge victory over Martune was a crucial one as they travel to Tumbra next.

There is not much separating Eraman and Tumbra. On the group table, Eraman is second while Tumbra is fifth but only 2 points separating the two before the match at the Nantwich Stadium. On the KPB ranking, Eraman is 85th on 10.19 ranking points while Tumbra is 79th on 11.89 ranking points, only 1.7 ranking points ahead. On the domestic front, Liga Eraman is ranked 45th in the world while the Tumbran Premier League is ranked 57th in the world but quickly rising. The future of Tumbran football is also very bright after they won the 13th U18 World Cup and the 72nd U21 World Cup.

But Eraman who was brimming with confidence after the 9-1 victory earlier in the week came to the Nantwich Stadium very spirited and edged out the highly-contested match through Serigala Rudra's beautiful free-kick in the 59th minute. The man of the match award though goes to Mikla Kala, the Eraman number 1 who made several crucial saves to deny Tumbra and keep a clean sheet. Eraman remained second after the match, level on points with Nephara in third place and 2 points behind Huayramarca, the group leader.
Last edited by Eraman on Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigramme: ERM | Demonym: Eramanian | Population: 14,753,910
Info: Wiki | Sports: Liga Eraman

Daulapura Daily
- based in Daulapura, the royal capital
- government-owned and ruling party propaganda
- support Royal Daulapura FC
Eraman Journal
- based in Anara, the capital city
- by the peasants, for the peasants (actually by the millionaires, for the masses)
- support Anara FC

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:34 am

Huayramarca 2 - 1 Nephara
(4-3-3 -> 4-4-2) 1 - Provost; 2 - Stride, 5 - Clevinger, 22 - Bruhn, 3 - Lind; 7 - Koerner, 4 - Timekeeper, 8 - Cromwell (16 - Brand 79'); 13 - Reed (10 - Lovelace 67'), 21 - Basilisk, 11 - Considine (19 - Belgrade 67')
Goal: Cromwell 50'
Nephara 5 - 3 Ottoman Syldavia
(4-3-3) 12 - Garamond; 17 - Soeringer, 5 - Clevinger, 6 - Brabanzon, 18 - Islinger (3 - Reed 76'); 14 - Fletcher, 15 - Horvath (4 - Timekeeper 54'), 16 - Brand; 23 - Mrdja, 9 - North, 19 - Belgrade
Goals: North 11', Soeringer 16', Clevinger 31', Brand 62', Mrdja 70'
PERSONS OF INTEREST:
NYK:

Nafuna AKONGO, President of Nyowani Kitara [KPWC]
Max ULF, rebel commander [DFLK]
Malik AKONGO, rebel commander [KFF]

NPH:
Marshal Claire BERGERON, commander of Nepharan military
Anselm CROKER, Head of NSIA
Nadia CROWELL, Shadow Chancellor [Pro. Democrats]

OTHER:
Joshua RADEMACHER, President of the Darmeni Republic
NICOLA II, Holy Emperor of Juvencus
ATTENDING:
Ulrica LINDT, Margravine [Nationals]
Ian SMITH, Prime Minister of Eura

'NEW TOWER' - MARGRAVE'S RESIDENCE
CORVISTONE

Every piece, Ulrica Lindt reflected, was in place.
Her cabinet - at least, the key members of her cabinet - had been apprised. Some, such as Clara Stern, were bullish; her Treasurer, Mette Farrell, was the most anxious but also a consummate professional who could be trusted to let none of her personal misgivings get in the way of policy, at least until a decade had passed and people started breaking out the memoirs. That much was fair game. The head of the military was up for anything, up to and including wiping NYK off the face of the earth. She could rely on Bergeron. Could rely on Croker, as well. The former - dubbed 'the Butcher' by Sameban propaganda, a name she'd gladly adopted - had been one of Nephara's most impressive modern strategists during the war, while Croker had orchestrated the campaign to free Brenecia, paradoxically by subverting its democratically elected leader. The Brenecia Issue was always a thorny one, but he'd slid his pieces in, got the job done, and slid back out with Catherine Bardsley's successor supposedly none the wiser.
Now Sameba and Brenecia were pacified - well, by certain definitions - but Sameba were a fellow Endemian, and Brenecia were, in honesty, Nephara's to clean up. This was different, a harder sell, and they'd need help in logistics at the very least.
She tapped her intercom. "Karel, get me on the line with Bastion."
"As you wish, Your Excellency."
She clicked her tongue. Stickler for the rules, was her aide. Still, the line came through quickly. Her call was expected, Lindt's punctuality impeccable.
She took a deep breath, composed herself, and picked up the phone. There must be no weakness in the cormorant.
"Ian. A pleasure."
"Ulrica."
"I trust I find you well," Lindt lied. Smith sounded exhausted, and judging by the polls and the pressures of leading a nation of billions, well, it wasn't hard to see why. "I won't waste your time with small talk."
"Oh." It was an 'oh' that communicated a lot. It was an 'oh' that communicated that, actually, small talk sounded lovely, given it didn't involve being shouted at by ministers or having polls waved in his face or being made a meme, and that he knew Lindt was going to just throw more shit on the pile.
Lindt felt there was room for a little more butter. "Though I hate to deny myself the pleasure." She wasn't insincere, either. As far as the most powerful man in the mundane political world went, Smith was oddly, endearingly human.
He sighed, but it sounded like a smile. "Perhaps when all this has blown over, we'll make up some pretext of a trade deal to crack open a bottle of champaigne together. But yes, go ahead."
"Right. Nyowani Kitara. Hearing that name already makes me sick. It's an untenable situation that threatens to destabilise the region, yes?"
"Just so." Smith overplayed his hand. "So let's be mindful not to destabilise it further with a heavy-handed reaction..."
"Precisely my thinking," said Lindt soothingly. "Regarding the infighting, surely we can agree that the prospect of a KFF victory is unthinkable."
"Some nations are buying the pro-democracy line."
"Tch. Easy to say that now before he's had a chance to govern. Democracies have more guns to ship. His victory would only mean another KPWC without the coat of red paint, and with a new wave of purges."
"Mm." Smith considered the situation. "It's well and good saying we can't work with the KFF, but can you really work with the alternatives?"
"Reluctantly. For all the failings of the KPWC, they are the incumbent government, and we have to work with someone, yes?"
"Letting it slide is also an option. There may not be a good approach, Ulrica. Particularly in an election year. Will you have the leverage to negotiate?"
"I can handle Crowell. So long as the Alliance maintain their coalition
Smith snorted. "Never thought I'd see the day when we could take a blue Nephara for granted."
"Neither I, but ... well, I'll spare you my campaign pitch. Suffice to say, yes, I plan to make discreet overtures to the KPWC. And you can bank on that discretion, Ian, I have my best on this."
"Okay." Faintly, Lindt could hear Smith drumming his desk. "If she doesn't bite?"
"Corvistone will leave her to die," says Lindt dismissively. "Certainly I won't throw in with Ulf's lackeys, I'll not back a new military junta as the cure to the old. But she'll fall in. Nations are falling over themselves to give the KFF legitimacy. Nafuna needs a friend. Our aid will be heavily conditional, of course."
"You can trust her?"
"To act in her own self-interest. Highest priority: no heir. Dynasty ends with her. Amnesty for... certain political rivals who haven't taken up arms against her--"
Smith snorted. "Only because she imprisoned them before they got the chance to."
"Maybe so. We'll get assurances and commitments from her, and ideally, make her so reliant on our aid she can't afford to betray us."
"Does that aid entail boots on the ground?"
"Likely Nepharan boots, yes... with Euran reach and intel." She went in for the kill. "Nobody with a blue flag-patch has to face a shot in anger, Ian. If we win, you can say you backed an effort that went beyond stabilisation and into rehabilitation of a rogue state. If it fails--"
"If it fails, Eura will not stand idle."
Lindt had misjudged Smith. The comment threw her, but she came away with more respect for the man. "And I'm sure the situation will find a resolution from there. You'll have a scapegoat for a failed diplomatic solution - I won't take it personally, Ian, it's politics - and still come away the hero, or at least the mature man in the room who cracked a few heads together." She leaned forward in her seat. "But I won't fail, Ian. I'm a winner. You and me both, Ian. Might not feel like it now, I know times are tough, but your predecessor had her hard times, too. We climb our way to the top."
One, two, three, four, five, six seconds of silence. "I'll have the Air Force get their heads together on a plan and be ready to meet with your men in two days. If you can get satisfactory assurances of cooperation with the KPWC and put forward a statement legitimising them, we'll back you."
Lindt put her hand over the receiver and hissed out a breath of relief that just couldn't wait.
"... Ulrica?"
Deep breath. Phone back to her ear. "Think on that champagne," she said, and hung up.
She had the political backing and the supply chain secure. Now all that remained was negotiating with a teenage egomaniac.

NEPHARAN NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - FORTNIGHT 5
Goalkeepers:
1 - Aranea Provost (Spartangrad, EUR), 12 - Raluca Garamond (Sabrefell Athletic), 20 - Fasolt Senninger (AFC Treason)
Defenders: 2 - Rovena Stride (AFC Treason), 3 - Radeka Lind (Jinja City FC, BNJ), 5 - Reniira Clevinger (Herzegovina City FC, BNJ), 6 - Miska Brabanzon (Sabrefell Moths), 17 - Pristina Soeringer (Stein-los Turkish, PAS), 18 - Tanya Islinger (Creed United), 22 - Shosanna Bruhn (Soldarian FC, VAL)
Midfielders: 4 - Rook Timekeeper (Sabrefell Moths), 7 - Anselm Koerner (1830 Cathair, AUD), 8 - Lothaire Cromwell (AC Izotz Zubia, AUD), 14 - Thalassa Fletcher (La Nueva Avenida, FFD), 15 - Annika Miller (Rozelle, BRE), 16 - Pernille Brand (Brinemouth)
Forwards: 9 - Bastet North (Jungle Strike, VIL), 10 - Konrad Lovelace (Revolutionaries, EUR), 11 - Kendra Constantine Ramsey (AFC Treason), 13 - Severine Reed (Raynor City United, VAL), 19 - Ysabet Belgrade (Sabrefell Moths), 21 - Latona Basilisk (Mâ Âlâmëómë, FFD), 23 - Traudl Mrdja (Partisan Sjoedrhavn, SVJ)

SCHEDULE
Nephara 3 - 0 Martune (320) @ Phoenix Rise (Corvistone)
Tumbra (73) 0 - 2 Nephara
Nephara 0 - 3 NW Kalactin (119) @ Farham Arena (Sabrefell)
Ochre Islands (234) 1 - 2 Nephara
Nephara 5
- 2 Eraman (85) @ The Gauntlet (Treason)
Huayramarca (54) 2 - 1 Nephara
Nephara 5 - 3 Ottoman Syldavia (UR)
Delaclava (154) vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. SRS (26) @ Farham Arena (Sabrefell)
Martune (320) vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Tumbra (73)
NW Kalactin (119) vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Ochre Islands (234) @ Phoenix Rise (Corvistone)
Eraman (85) vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Huayramarca (54) @ The Gauntlet (Treason)
Ottoman Syldavia (UR) vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Delaclava (154) @ Eagle's Club (Brinemouth)
SRS (26) vs. Nephara
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013

Postby Electrum » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:25 am

The Turnip: We Hypothesize Several Reasons Why Electrum Lost To Audioslavia In An Ultimately Meaningless Match
by Billiam Maskey, chief-editor-in-chief

In a shocking twist that no one saw coming, the Audioslavian Bulls have defeated the Electrumite team 0-2 while we were at home in our pyjamas. There are several reasons why Electrum lost to Audioslavia, not withstanding their high rank, but these reasons don't even matter anyways as in the grand scheme of things, entropy is our ruler, and the multiverse will collapse in itself eventually.

Reason 1: The delicate sensitivities of our teams must not be underestimated
The claret (not a real colour) and green (a disputed colour) team made their way to Electrum, bringing with its extraordinarily disgusting flag. There's genitals on it. You can totally see the balls on the flag and it's like just there. In seeing the flag, the Electrumites found it egregiously disagreeable, and kickoff had to be delayed after the entire team vomited simultaneously on the pitch upon looking up during the Audioslavian national anthem and seeing the flag. As a result, the Electrumites struggled from the aftermath with the nausea and the acid burn and the retch. Meanwhile, the Audioslavians played pretty comfortably as they were used to the smell of vomit from their own experiences of playing in Krytenia.

Reason 2: Our footballers not trying hard enough
It's true. A lot of the team are anti-boomers who just don't know the feeling of hard work. Back then, you could afford to put down a house deposit after a good week's work. Nowadays, these youngin's are complaining that it can take several years, perhaps decades, to save enough for a deposit -- and that's if the house prices haven't risen further as they like to claim so much. These mollycoddled youth have been accustomed to having a silver spoon in their mouth, and its as if they expect real life to be similar to the World Domination 89 game where you can just pop into career mode and allocate days of fitness into doing one singular drill to increase skill points. Everyone knows that you can't just magically perform better with training -- you need to pay for it! The youth should just suck it up and spend part of their money to do what every player of World Domination knows: buy the DLC pack with the magical crates that boost morale and skill points. The Audioslavian team are cashed up and it shows, they must have bought at least 5,000 crates each to get to their ranking, there's no other explanation.

Reason 3: Forest ghouls and influencers
The third and final reason why the Electrumites lost to The Bulls is because forest ghouls and influencers. Obviously. Many of the influencers in the stand watching the matches were like, "I'm like totally not vibing with like this zen zone. It's supposed to be, like, a negativity-free zone and there's like, ew, vomit and bull's balls everywhere. Yuck. Never going to another game again. My aura's feeling a little yellow right now." And that type of language really angered the forest ghouls who used to inhabit area before the forest was cut down and Olympic Stadium was built. So they possessed the Audioslavian team and controlled them like marionettes, letting them cruise to victory while the Electrumite team were flopping on the floor like fish.

But...
None of this football analysis doesn't matter. Especially the one above this article on your news feed, but even more specially especially the one below this article. Actually, no football analysis ever created matters. Why? Because existence is misery and we watch others play these games to distract ourselves of our own mortality. Why even bother?
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:15 am

On the Pitch During Polkopia's Match Against Aut-Ves-Nat in MD7

'One, two, one two,' Nikita Rudin counted his steps as he dribbled the ball down the field, moving at a steady pace to keep the momentum for his team on-par to what it had been thus far. It was 0-0 at the moment against Aut-Ves-Nat, and the Polkopians had played at a much slower pace than most of their games so far, but that was because Coach Dyakov had instructed the team to play a bit slower until they could get a feel of what Aut-Ves-Nat was going to throw their way. For Rudin, as team captain, his job right now was being the example of putting Coach's directions into play, and ensuring that the rest of the players did the same.

He continued dribbling until one of the opposing midfielders stepped up to him. Instead of trying to get around him, Rudin stepped back and passed the ball toward Danya Siyan, who was already running toward him from the middle of the pitch to assist. Rudin stepped back and returned to his position at the fullback, ready to provide assistance for the midfield in case they needed to drop the ball back during a moment of increased pressure.

Rudin watched the ball leave Siyan's foot as he passed it to Petro Marčuk who ran along the boundary line. As soon as he received it, Rudin immediately noticed how off-balanced he was when he delivered his first touch, and the ball bounced clumsily off of his foot and directly in front of one of the midfielders from Aut-Ves-Nat, who quickly took advantage of the situation and dribbled around Marčuk as he tried to recover from his poor footwork. Again and again, the opposing team's midfield passed among themselves in quick one-two passes as their forwards contested with the Polkopians in getting in an open position near the goalbox.

"Niki!" Rudin heard someone on the pitch call his name as Aut-Ves-Nat pressed the attack, to which he stepped forward to pressure the ball, but in the corner of his eye he saw someone run right past him.

'Too late,' Rudin thought to himself as he turned around and tried to cover the winger from getting open, but the ball had already left the midfielder's foot and just out of Rudin's reach as it fell right in front of the running footballer from Aut-Ves-Nat as he cut inward toward the keeper.

Rudin's mind was racing when he saw the opponent ahead of all of the Polkopian defenders as he dribbled closer and closer to the keeper. Rudin saw the player raise his leg as if he were about to strike the ball and attempt a shot on target. With all of the energy left in his body, Rudin threw his legs down and used his momentum to slide in front of his opponent, hoping to block the ball before it reached the keeper in a final attempt at salvaging a corner kick from the botched play, but as he felt himself slide in front of the player, he watched in horror as his opponent faked his shot and stepped to the side, maneuvering past Rudin's slide with ease before charging toward the goal. Rudin heard the Polkopian fans scream in the audience as he heard the eventual strike of the ball from the player's foot and the next sound was, as Rudin feared, was the sound of the ball hitting the netting as the ball slipped past the keeper and found its way in the Polkopian goal.

"Fuck." Rudin said to himself as he lay on the ground, burying his face in the grass beneath him. He knew this one was on him and he knew he'd have to spend the rest of this match recovering from this terrible play he had just done. He was already prepared to accept responsibility for this goal, but the flack from his teammates, coach, and fans would be a lot to handle for the next few days, especially since this was done in their home stadium.

"Come on Nikita," Rudin felt a hand on his back and looked up to see one of his defenders, Lev Rusakov, standing over him. "go, go, get up, we've gotta move." Rusakov said, pulling at Rudin's arms and ushering him back on his feet. He was right after all, it was one goal in in the opening thirty minutes of the game. There was plenty of time to catch up and he had to be an example of how to recover from a blunder like this.

Rudin got to his feet and nodded at Rusakov as the two players took their positions at the back of the field. Yakoby Kosyo and Maksim Pašin were in the center of the field, with the latter kicking it off to Kosyo to resume the game. Kosyo turned around and passed it to Yuri Smyefinov, who then passed it to Marčuk, which signaled Rudin to run ahead of him. He did just that, sprinting past Marčuk and into the opposing team's side of the field. He turned around and looked at Marčuk, who trotted up the field with the ball until he came up to an opposing player, at which point he performed a quick maneuver with his feet to break himself free and he increased his pace to a run down the field. Rudin, meanwhile, continued running up the field until he was parallel with the goalbox. He looked toward Marčuk for a pass, as multiple players began collapsing on him. Marčuk was good, but didn't have the footwork capability to shuffle past three defenders. Rudin didn't want to call out his name, as he didn't want to draw immediate attention to himself, so he stayed put, hoping that Marčuk would see him amid the chaos. Marčuk stutter-stepped forward and then spun around, flicking the ball around his feet as he moved past one defender, then kicked the ball in between the legs of another, but the third defender seemed much more stubborn than the others. Rudin watched as Marčuk tried to perform tricks to fake him out, but it wasn't working and Rudin saw the other two defenders start running toward him.

"Petro!" Rudin had no other choice but to yell out his name as he was in danger of losing the ball in an area that had very good potential for Polkopia. Rudin saw one of the defenders notice him isolated from the rest of the play and watched him make his way over to him. Rudin swore to himself, but ran closer to Marčuk to provide some sort of relief. At that moment, Marčuk seemed to realize the danger he was in and delivered a kick, sending the ball up the field and over toward Rudin, who was faced with the one defender who came toward him earlier. Rudin didn't possess the same skill that some of his teammates did regarding ball-control, and knew he couldn't move past him into the box, so Rudin did the only thing he knew at the moment. He scanned the bodies pouring into the goalbox and looked for any gold jerseys. He saw Kosyo, Siyan, and Smyefinov immediately and, without a moment's hesitation, delivered a cross into the box.

As soon as he kicked the ball he knew it was going right to Smyefinov. He started celebrating before the ball even went in the back of the net, but Smyefinov's head made perfect contact with the ball, which floated just out of reach of the keeper and into the back corner of the net. Rudin joined Smyefinov as he ran around the perimeter of the field with his arms outstretched and hugged him. The Polkopians had just tied up the game, but there was still much more to do if they could expect to earn points from this match, and that's exactly what they were sent out to do.

The match continued and after a goal by Kosyo, and then a goal by Aut-Ves-Nat, the match ended in a draw and Polkopia found itself in first place in the group, two points ahead of Baker Park. The Polkopians were in a great position to qualify for the World Cup for the first time in the nation's history as a football-competing nation and hope to continue their good momentum moving forward. Their next game is against Xanneria away, and the following game is home against The Jovannic. Neither game would be easy, but they knew that they just had to play like they had been for the past few games and they really could make something incredible happen by the end of qualifiers.
Last edited by Polkopia on Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports