NATION

PASSWORD

Field Hockey World Cup 19 [OOC]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:08 pm

Reminder to get your votes in. ~24 hours.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:31 pm

Results:

1. Accept Lisander's bid - 5
2. Reopen nominations - 4

Therefore Lisander's bid wins. Handling of signups is now turned over to them. This thread can be used for any OOC discussions required. Good luck!

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:26 am

As I stated before, I'm ending the sign-ups at 36. IC thread should be up later today.
Last edited by Lisander on Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Doge Land
Envoy

Founded: Feb 15, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Doge Land » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:18 am

Just noticed the ic thread
this is a signature

Wrengoh
Envoy

Founded: Jul 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Wrengoh » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:18 pm

Are Roleplay Declarations mandatory(I mean permissions here)? Is there a Common List to choose from?
Last edited by Wrengoh on Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:28 pm

Wrengoh wrote:Are Roleplay Declarations mandatory(I mean permissions here)? Is there a Common List to choose from?

Is a common courtesy, but not mandatory. I decided I'm not enforcing it, since I believe most of the RPers are not exactly unaware of how NS Sports RP works. Recently, there's even been an increase in the number of people replacing its "RP permissions" for something simpler like "no killing or permanently injuring".

Also, the idea of providing a generous RP bonus for those presenting the hockey on its nation also serve this purpose. A nation will have much more to talk about if its opponent can provide a solid background to its own team.
Last edited by Lisander on Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.

Wrengoh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrengoh » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:45 pm

Lisander wrote:
Wrengoh wrote:Are Roleplay Declarations mandatory(I mean permissions here)? Is there a Common List to choose from?

Is a common courtesy, but not mandatory. I decided I'm not enforcing it, since I believe most of the RPers are not exactly unaware of how NS Sports RP works. Recently, there's even been an increase in the number of people replacing its "RP permissions" for something simpler like "no killing or permanently injuring".

Also, the idea of providing a generous RP bonus for those presenting the hockey on its nation also serve this purpose. A nation will have much more to talk about if its opponent can provide a solid background to its own team.

ah, thank you for the brief

Wrengoh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrengoh » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:26 am

Is it alright to edit once after you have posted? I wanted to add Player Positions, Extra Players etc and also some Roleplay Permissions

(did the 1st edit to put in the policy bit)

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:47 am

Wrengoh wrote:Is it alright to edit once after you have posted? I wanted to add Player Positions, Extra Players etc and also some Roleplay Permissions

I'll only do the grading before the first cut-off, so yes.

Wrengoh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrengoh » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:05 am

Lisander wrote:
Wrengoh wrote:Is it alright to edit once after you have posted? I wanted to add Player Positions, Extra Players etc and also some Roleplay Permissions

I'll only do the grading before the first cut-off, so yes.

ah, alright

Hannasea
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hannasea » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:28 am

I do have a (late!) question about scorination. You say you'll use the "default" formula -- does that mean these games will be scored with extra time? IRL field hockey has moved away from extra time, instead going straight to penalties, which is the formula Electrum used in the Olympics. Not going to throw a fit if you're sticking with extra time but if you were open to ditching I for one would support that change. :)

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:26 am

Hannasea wrote:I do have a (late!) question about scorination. You say you'll use the "default" formula -- does that mean these games will be scored with extra time? IRL field hockey has moved away from extra time, instead going straight to penalties, which is the formula Electrum used in the Olympics. Not going to throw a fit if you're sticking with extra time but if you were open to ditching I for one would support that change. :)

I must admit I'm not aware of the most recent formula. So we're going with the default one.

Wrengoh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrengoh » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:21 pm

Regarding Style Modifier is +1 (+offense) and -1 (+defense) etc?

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:05 pm

Yes. + is more attacking (more goals scored and conceded), - more defensive (fewer scored and conceded).

Wrengoh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrengoh » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:09 pm

Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland wrote:Yes. + is more attacking (more goals scored and conceded), - more defensive (fewer scored and conceded).

thanks for letting me know! :)

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:12 pm

So 4 hours have passed since the cutoff, and there are no scores. Hope all's well with Lisander.
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
Olympic Council President (XVIII) - World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere
Have won many, hosted even more

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Wrengoh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrengoh » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:06 am

Is there a way to know which team you're playing for the second match?

Edit: like Schutzenphalia put it out they were playing Takeshwar next
Last edited by Wrengoh on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:14 am

Quebec and Shingoryeo wrote:So 4 hours have passed since the cutoff, and there are no scores. Hope all's well with Lisander.

All is well with Lisander. College stuff made me sleepy while I was grading RPs, but the MD2 is already up. I apologize for making all of you wait.

Wrengoh wrote:Is there a way to know which team you're playing for the second match?

Edit: like Schutzenphalia put it out they were playing Takeshwar next

Look at your number in the group (it's 2) and check the table I added in the calendar. You will have a bye in MD3.

Wrengoh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrengoh » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:02 am

A Question: Is it alright to change Modifier or add Modifier at this stage of Play? or it is decided at the start of the event?

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:37 am

Wrengoh wrote:A Question: Is it alright to change Modifier or add Modifier at this stage of Play? or it is decided at the start of the event?

Well, it's something that never happened to me as host before. But okay. I will limit this to one request per member. However, considering that a team's playing style is not something that changes just like that, overnight, I will make the modification as long as I consider that the reason for this has been explained coherently through Roleplaying.

Wrengoh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrengoh » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:41 am

Lisander wrote:
Wrengoh wrote:A Question: Is it alright to change Modifier or add Modifier at this stage of Play? or it is decided at the start of the event?

Well, it's something that never happened to me as host before. But okay. I will limit this to one request per member. However, considering that a team's playing style is not something that changes just like that, overnight, I will make the modification as long as I consider that the reason for this has been explained coherently through Roleplaying.

Er no Lisander its perfectly alright, just inquiring since its my first game and am learning stuff lol, I was also thinking about whether at this stage to get my Women's Team involved somehow or have a mixed one but I think its makes more sense to have them participate from the start in a (possibly next one) tournament.
Last edited by Wrengoh on Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:46 am

Wrengoh wrote:Er no Lisander its perfectly alright, just inquiring since its my first game and am learning stuff lol, I was also thinking about whether at this stage to get my Women's Team involved somehow or have a mixed one but I think its makes more sense to have them participate from the start in a (possibly next one) tournament.

If you can explain it properly through RP (and as long as you don't violate RP permissions of the others), you can do as you wish. (Football) World Cup once had a roster that was simply an egg.
Last edited by Lisander on Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wrengoh
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrengoh » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:03 am

Lisander wrote:
Wrengoh wrote:Er no Lisander its perfectly alright, just inquiring since its my first game and am learning stuff lol, I was also thinking about whether at this stage to get my Women's Team involved somehow or have a mixed one but I think its makes more sense to have them participate from the start in a (possibly next one) tournament.

If you can explain it properly through RP (and as long as you don't violate RP permissions of the others), you can do as you wish. (Football) World Cup once had a roster that was simply an egg.

Er, an egg O.O.. lol, ah also thanks for letting me know!

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:30 pm

I'm pushing the Hockey World Cup MD6 cut-off to two hours from now, due to a dental emergency. Use this time wisely.

Lathamford
Envoy

Founded: Sep 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lathamford » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:34 pm

Lisander wrote:I'm pushing the Hockey World Cup MD6 cut-off to two hours from now, due to a dental emergency. Use this time wisely.

get well soon yeah

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports