
The wait was long ...
The wait was hard ...
The wait was agonizingly lonely ...
But it's finally time.
In case you didn't notice, the NS Sports subforum has now reached 7,777 topics in the storied history since its inception. This is topic #7777. It's clear that the time is right for 7ball to return, with another edition of The Sevenful Game. Everybody get hyped for International Cup number FIVE. To the right, you can see the logo, courtesy of the dearly departed Meski Sports of Red Blackiland.
Now, if you're not familiar with the last 4 editions, or perhaps you've joined NS Sports sometime in the past three (nearly four) years, you may be asking, "Hey drawk, what is 7ball?" Well, if you don't know, check out this dispatch I wrote, which contains the rules, regulations, scoring, and likely anything you'll need to know about 7ball.
HOWEVER, I would suggest you check out this Google Slides presentation I made a couple years back which explains all the information more concisely, and even contains fun diagrams to help you visualize how this fictional sport works. From what I heard, this presentation was pretty informative, but if you have any more questions at all, feel free to ask them in this thread.
Also, check out the first, second, third, and fourth editions if you wanna see how it kinda goes down. Here's the results of these tournaments:
FIRST OFFICIAL 7BALL TOURNAMENT
INTERNATIONAL CUP of 7BALL II
- Saint Kanye 7s
- Kebecois 7s (Silver Rainbow Fumes)
- West-East Timor 7s
INTERNATIONAL CUP of 7BALL III
- Drawkland 7s
- Kebec 7s (Kep)
- West-East Timor 7s
INTERNATIONAL CUP of 7BALL IV
Here's to hopefully another coming champion! Now, all you have to do is post in this thread with some sort of message saying you want to play.
Drawkland is in.
There's an example, which also is my official sign-up. Don't worry about coming up with a team name, every team in 7ball is called the "7s." The Examplestan 7s, the Testlandia 7s, the Basic City 7s, John Doe's 7s, for example. Just like last edition, all teams will be referred to as the "<nation> 7s" to avoid confusion. Sorry to those had special nicknames, this makes it easier. Unless your canonical nation name differs from your NS nation name, your nation name will be used.
SIGNUPS: (7*3)
7. Kalactin 7s
7. Sevendia 7s
7. Ghirapur 7s
7. Quemorr 7s
7. Qasden 7s
7. Golgothastan 7s
7. Eshialand 7s
7. Milchama 7s
7. 69X 7s
7. Hebitaka 7s
7. Teafarmers 7s
7. Ceni 7s
7. Kriegiersien 7s
7. Tyrantio 7s
7. HUElavia 7s
7. The Jovannic 7s
7. Fleuronordicia 7s
7. Abanhfleft 7s
7. Kykidian 7s
7. Andoria 7s
7.
7.
7.
7.
7.
7.
7.
I hosted the first 2 editions of 7ball, except the playoffs of IC7 II, which were scorinated by Peuples Nordiques des Fleurs (now known as Fleuronordicia, a puppet of Damukuni) due to a vacation I had to take. Then, Fleuronordicia decided to take full-on responsibilities and hosted IC7 III by himself. Following that trend, Qasden took up the reins for IC7 IV. I will be unable to host this edition because I'm pretty damn busy, so anybody else is welcome to take a crack at it. Standard host bidding procedures apply.
You will probably need to be able to scorinate the results correctly, so here's a link to the 7ball scorination file. Just copy/paste the text into Notepad and save as an .xml file and put it into the sports folder for xkoranate, or just download and move the file directly, whatever works for you. I'd encourage you to get a feeling for how the scores work and make sure the file works before bidding. Check out the bid from last edition to get a good idea of what to do.
Here are the Official IC7 Rankings following IC7 III, by the way. I will need to update them at some point, but on the other hand, it's been nearly four RL years since the last cup, so maybe using the ranks, updated or not, would be kinda pointless. I will leave that up to the host bidder on if they want to use the ranks, and if there's a large consensus, I will update them sooner than later so they can be used.
HOST BIDS: 2/?
With that being said, we hope you sign up! 7ball is truly a sport bourne from NationStates, among the ranks of a cluster of other sports made by NS Sportsers. Enjoy!











