NATION

PASSWORD

AOlympic Games: Team Challenge | Rosters, RP & Scores

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pluvia and the Saxean Isles
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pluvia and the Saxean Isles » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:23 pm

AOlympic Roundup

In the first AOlympic Games, Pluvia and the Saxean Isles participated in five events: Track & Field, Ice Hockey, Rugby Sevens, Basketball, and Baseball. While not all of those events have concluded, let's take a look at the Magpies/Eagles' progress so far.

Track and Field

Pluvian track and field has never been known as a strength of the country, and the team has not been able to stand out in the competition. In archery, which the relative paucity of wood constrained until fairly recently, the men's, women's, and mixed teams finished between 12th and 15th, not good enough to advance to the finals. Similarly, Gabriel Weiss (shotput), Jamie Knight (men's long jump), the mixed 4x400m relay team, Adrian Kallenbach (men's 200m), Marie Wentz (100m hurdles), Lachlan Martin (400m hurdles), the men's and women's 4x100m relay teams (both of whom failed to finish, the men by dropping the baton and the women when Emilia Hay, the last leg, pulled up with an injury), Ted Shaw (100m, last in the field by 1.3s), and Esme James (100m), all failed to advance in their respective events.

However, Robin Holmes (shotput), Pippa Stewart (long jump), and Ellie Woods (200m) all advanced to the finals of their respective events. Holmes turned in a solid effort, finishing 8th of 12 in the final, while Stewart was eliminated in the first three jumps of her final, finishing 10th. Woods awaits her final, which will pit her against athletes from Valanora, Behetij, Delaclava, Busoga Islands, Squornshelous, Baker Park, and Vilita and Turori.

Still to come: 10,000m, marathon, and decathlon/heptathlon

Ice Hockey

Perhaps an even weaker tradition than track and field is the Pluvian ice hockey team, known as the Ice Eagles. Typically stronger in the northern regions or near the mountains, Pluvian hockey is mostly a semi-professional affair. As such, nobody had high expectations for them. In the competition, the Ice Eagles were routed 5-1 by the Ice Cat Things of Vilita and Turori, nipped by long-dormant Milchama 6-5, blasted 5-1 again by the Euran Oceania Territories, and finally got their first victory, topping newcomer minnows Merulantis 4-3. They finished 1-3, a result which wasn't unexpected, though they probably wished they hadn't lost to V&T and EOT by quite so much. Overall, the victory in their final game salvaged what could have been a very poor trip indeed.

Rugby Sevens

Rugby has a limited following in Pluvia and the Saxean Isles, being more concentrated in the Saxean part of the kingdom than the Pluvian one. Nevertheless, the side sent to compete in the AORC in the Commonwealth of Baker Park expected to hold their own as best they could. In that respect, they disappointed somewhat. In their first two matches, they lost by identical 26-12 scorelines to the hosts (a middling nation by world rugby rankings) and to Siovanija & Teusland, who do not typically compete in world rugby events. This poor start was lightened somewhat by a 27-12 defeat of the pony nation of Equestria, though the ponies are not regarded as a strong team. But following this, they hung tough and came up short (24-14) against Turori, while looking somewhat lost in a 33-17 loss to EOT in their final group stage game. We should not have expected them to win their group, or even really finish in a playoff position, but the 1-0-4 result definitely leaves room for improvement.

Basketball

Now we come to the part of the AOlympics where the Magpies are expected to do fairly well. In two previous Atlantian Oceania basketball competitions, they have gone a combined 5-1, but lost in the quarterfinals each time. This time, in Almintora, Turori, the Magpies repeated some of their group stage success. In game one, Liam Palmer hit 4-6 from beyond the arc, leading the team with 18 points and defeating Geisenfried 83-64. However, the Phoenixes of Delaclava were able to hold the Magpies to under 40% shooting in game two and downed them 72-58. In their third game, a 10-2 run in the third quarter, led by six points from Sebastian Sendler (who scored 14 in the game), gave them an advantage they would hold for the rest of the game, defeating Aji no Moto 76-63. This set up the Magpies for a potential playoff spot, needing only to defeat the Sultanate of Oontaz to advance to the next round. Bruno Strauss, in for a foul-plagued Chris Campbell, hit two huge threes late to propel Pluvia to an 87-79 win over Oontaz and into the playoffs.

Up next are the dominant figures of Banija. Ranked #1 in the world, they are taking these games as a warmup for their IBC title quest. They finished a cool 4-0 in their group, with their closest margin of victory being 18 over Misrantis. There is almost no chance of victory, but if the Magpies can keep the deficit to under 20, it will be a notable achievement.

Baseball

And finally, the baseball team. This is the same team that finished 3-1 in their first-ever AO baseball competition and made a surprise run to the semis, ultimately finishing 4th. This perhaps gave them a little confidence going into Group C in Eelandii, Turori. They led off with a heartbreaking 5-3 loss to the Sultanate of Oontaz, in which Rory Burke walked two and hit a batter in a 3-3 game, which the Oontaz squad turned into two eighth-inning runs to take the first game. Simon Wells helped the team to bounce back, tossing seven shutout innings en route to a 4-0 lead, but he tired in the eighth and a big homer off of Ashton Davies put Tropicorp on top, 5-4. But good small ball, with walks, bunts, and hard grounders led to the Magpies tying the score in the ninth and winning in the 10th, as Davydd Jones and Julian Miller shut down their opponents on the pitching side of things.

When Max Niehaus gave up two runs in the first three innings against Qasden, it looked like the Magpies might be headed for a 1-2 record and a disappointing trip. But over the next three innings, led by Kieran Kelly, Philip Falkenburg, and Billy Bruce, the Magpies scored five runs to take the lead and Wil Lewis doubled home two runs in the eighth for the cherry on top of a 7-2 victory. No extra pitching was needed in game four against Misrantis, as Martin Wuertz tossed a complete game, allowing only five baserunners and one run on 96 pitches. He got plenty of run support, with Billy Bruce's 4 RBI leading the way in a 12-1 victory. Pluvia led 2-1 after six innings, but two runs in the seventh and eighth propelled neighbors Pacitalia over them, 3-2, in the final game of the group stage.

Nevertheless, the Magpies managed to qualify. They will also face Banija in the quarterfinals. This is also a long shot for victory, but stranger things have happened, and Pluvia did defeat Banija in the group stages of AOBS I.

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:40 pm

Home cooking at the AOlympic Challenge as the team sports begin to hit the knockout stages

Kizza Alanso throws down a dunk during a Banijan group stage win at the AOBCs in Umbazi

UMBAZI, BUGANDA REGION- The AOlympics are in full swing, and the Kingdom of Banija is playing host to a number of the sporting events. While there is plenty of focus on the massive tilt upcoming between Banija and the Busoga Islands at the AOCAFs over in Equestria, Banija's team sport athletes, and individual sporting athletes, are finding early success in Banija and elsewhere. Group stages for many of these tournaments are wrapping up, and Banijan squads are finding themselves in the quarterfinals of many of these. Banijan teams in four team sports, as well as the entirety of the track & field, are being held here at home, raising the expectations for Banijan success in these sports. But there's so much- what's your summary on how we've done so far?

Home Cooking

We'll start with two tournaments whose group stages are being split between Banija and the Vilitan Cove. We've got two groups at the AO Baseball Series who are playing at Warrior Field in Mynda, Aksum Region, which has a seating capacity of 33,000. It marked the first time ever the Banijan national baseball teams has played competitive home games outside of Istria- but as a growing sport in the north, the chance at elite baseball in that part of the country has been eaten up. The games have been well attended by locals, and Banija's games have sold out here.

Our only loss in the group stages was a 4-2 loss to Equestria. Otherwise, we went 4-1, including a walkoff home run in the bottom of the 9th on the final day of the group stage by superstar Malik Solely(who else?) to clinch our berth in the knockout stages. Our quarterfinal will match us up against Pluvia and the Saxean Isles.

As for the AO Basketball Championships, one group is being hosted in Umbazi. Our defending regional champion(and two-time defending world champion) Banija Lions have been utterly dominant in group play as expected, with the closest game an 18 point win and an average win margin of 24 points. None of that matters now, however- once you're in the knockout stages, it's do or die. Basketball fans feel we're fated for a Banija v. Delaclava IBC Final rematch at the AOBC Final in Turori. First, we'll need to get past Pluvia and the Saxean Isles(again!) to get to that point.

Tournaments we're actually hosting

And now, let's get to the tournaments we're actually hosting. The entirety of both the AO Lacrosse Classic and the AO Bowl are being held on Banijan soil. The AO Lacrosse Classic has gone about as expected- both Banija and Sarzonia, the defending regional and world champions in this sport, respectively, with both teams going undefeated and fans salivating at the chance of the two rivals to meet in a major final. But there's a long path to get to that point. We've got a scrappy Pacitalia squad in the quarterfinal, and then potentially a Baker Park squad in a potential semifinal that is also good enough to win this tournament.

And then, let's go to the AO Bowl. We started off slowly- opening day loss to Merulantis, and then losing to Siovanija & Teusland. Sitting at 1-2 and in fifth place, the shame was going to go up around the Banijan gridiron community if we couldn't even make the knockout stages of an AO Bowl on home soil. But fortunately, we figured it out. A 19-0 shutout in a must win game against Equestria put us in the driver's seat, and then we blew the doors off our neighbors Geisenfried, winning 33-6 to clinch a spot in the knockouts.

We'll get the Euran Oceania Territories in the quarterfinals. While we're favored, of course, anything is possible- so no assumptions of a win should come there. There's the prospect of a Busoga v. Banija semifinal if they beat Equestria, as expected. Wouldn't that be a fun one?

How are we doing abroad?

What about the team sports happening abroad? This is a legitimately fair question. Let's start with the AO Rugby Sevens Championships in Baker Park. It's not a very big sport in Banija- although it is across the Basin in the Busoga Islands. And guess who we have drawn to play in the quarterfinals of AO Rugby Sevens? That's right, the one and only Busoga Islands.

These AOlympics may see a whole set of Banija v. Busoga matchups in all sorts of sports. But a potential of the same matchup three different times, all in different codes of football? Rugby and Association for sure, and possibly gridiron. That'll be a big game. If Banijan rugby sevens beat Busogan Rugby Sevens? Well, I wouldn't want to be in Lakiska that day.

As for the AO Hockey Championships, at first glance it would seem like a perfect opportunity for Siovanija & Teusland hockey to cement themselves as the multiverse's best squad. Not that the designation is in question- Siovanija & Teusland have won the threepeat in the World Cup of Hockey. But anything can happen at these regional championships, right? There's no solidarity here- everybody's trying to knock off the kings. But if you go for the king, remember, you best not miss.

Our squad is 3-1 right now. We lost to Geisenfried on matchday 4 by a score of 1-2, but won our previous three games. A win on Matchday 5 should ensure we win the group and move onto the next round. Can we beat Siovanija & Teusland on their soil? It's unlikely, but in Martial Odongo's last hurray as a head coach- anything's possible, eh?

Our curling team, as expected, is terrible. 0-2 so far, losses to Merulantis and Valanora. They were not expected to do much, and are performing up to expectation.

Individual Sports

The AO Motorcar Championships are travelling across Atlantian Oceania, while the Track & Field events are happening in Banija's Olympic City. What's going on here?

Track & Field is solid so far. We've won one gold in a field event so far. Both men's and women's team archery medal events will be tonight, as Banijan archers try to bring pride to the country. Banijans will also compete for medals today in the Men's 200m run, as well as the Women's 100m hurdles. Banijans did not qualify for the medal events in the Women's 200m, nor the Men's 400m Hurdles. That means Osogo Opondo will be going for gold in the Men's 200m, while Chizoba Uchee will go for gold in the Women's 100m Hurdles.

As for racing, it is not going too well. Even at the Ruwani Motor Speedway, at home, Jelan Ozoemena could only finish 9th out of 15. Can we get a top 3 finish at any AOMC event? It's unlikely at this point, considering what our drivers have shown so far.

There you have it! The comprehensive roundup of Banija at the AOlympics.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Squornshelous
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Corporate Police State

AOlympics: AOWL 1

Postby Squornshelous » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:44 pm

Wizard People, Dear Reader

OOC: My partner has pointed out that the character I created for Berta is basically Hatsume Mei from My Hero Academia. This was unintentional, but I’m gonna go ahead and lean into it. Also her hand is inspired by Mr. Wink from Hellboy II.

A few months ago . . .

Can’t believe I left my transitpass. This run of bad business must be getting to me. Jan Engwall-Kozlov fished a set of worn keys from his pocket, mechanical ones nothing electronic. Shoulders sagging, he unlocked the front door of Harbor Motorworks with a clack, running a hand over the growing stubble on his shaved head. Maybe Aleksey will give me a hand touching up the shave when I get home Harbor Motorworks wasn’t much, just a run down mechanic’s shop in a run down neighborhood of Santraginus, which most of the country would say was pretty run down as a whole. Still it was his, half his anyway, and Jan was proud of it. It hadn’t been easy getting the start-up money together, any more than it was keeping the lights on month to month, but he and his partner Berta had always found a way. Lately though, things were a little close for comfort.

The war, brief as it was, hadn’t hurt demand for business. The disruption and increased demand for parts had sent their costs through the roof. Also lately, Berta had been slipping up in her work. It was nothing too obvious, but jobs that should be done in two hours might take three. She’d also made a few mistakes. None was particularly costly on its own, but these things added up over time, and were not good for their reputation.

Jan shuffled behind the front counter, shifted a few papers aside and found his transitpass. He breathed a deep sigh of relief. Buying a new one would have really set him back. He turned for the door, and the subway ride home, when the clang of a dropped wrench on the concrete floor came from the garage doorway. He only now noticed that it had been left open. A burglar? That’s the very last thing we need.

Jan quietly ducked through the doorway, picking up the first thing that came to hand, an impact wrench. Maybe whoever’s in here will think it’s a gun. Holding the wrench out in front of himself, Jan sidestepped further into the garage, keeping his back against a row of locked cabinets. Sudden movement caught his eyes, a flash of pale pink slipping behind a lift toward the back door. Jan relaxed and lowered the wrench.

“Berta, you can come out of there now. It’s just me.”

“Janni! You scared the pants off of me!”

Jan’s business partner flounced out from behind the lift, and crossed her arms over her chest. She wore a plain white tank top and navy coveralls, unzipped with the arms tied around her waist as usual. She was wearing her hair in braids these days, but it was the same eye-stabbingly neon pink as always, allowing Jan to recognize her anywhere they might be. That and the fact her right arm was metal and plastic from just below the shoulder.

"I was just about to whack you on the head," Berta waggled a hammer at him in her titanium hand, which then abruptly leapt off her wrist to fly past his nose and nearly deposit the hammer on a shelf behind him. Berta was immensely proud of the unconventional prosthesis; she'd built it herself. Jan was less enthusiastic about her demonstrations.

"Berta, how many times have I asked you not to do that? Don't answer that. What are you doing here after hours Berta?”

“It’s umm . . . it was supposed to be a surprise for your birthday Jan, you should go!”

“My birthday was two months ago Berta, you and Aleksey threw me a party and everything.”

“Oh right. Shit. Umm, you wouldn’t believe me if I said I was getting an early start on next year, would you?”

“Not likely, Berta.” Jan moved to massage his aching temples, found he was still holding the impact wrench, and set it back down. “How long have you been working late?”

“Just a couple days, really Jan.”

“No, let me guess. It started about a month ago.”

Berta looked down, then answered in a quieter voice, “How did you know?”

“Your work is slipping Berta. I’ve noticed, so has Aleksey, and it’s starting to hurt our bottom line. So what’s so secret that you’re doing here after hours.”

“It’s a secret Janni,” Berta whined, “and I’m doing fine. I know I’m sleeping less, but I feel fine, I really do.”

“You can’t keep on like this Berta, we’ve been losing money these past weeks, Aleksey says we can’t take another bad month.”

“You two are always ganging up on me. Just because you’re married to an accountant doesn’t mean you have to act like one all the time.”

“It’s nothing to do with the fact he’s my husband. You’re my partner Berta, for Zark’s sake you’re my friend. It’s not just about the shop, I’m worried about you. Now will you just tell me what you’ve been doing here every night?”

Berta huffed a quick sigh of resignation. “I wanted to wait until it was done to tell you. Easier if I just show you I guess.”

She led Jan through the garage and out the rear door to the yard. In the back corner, the grass had grown tall , tufts of seed waving in the wind, except around a tarp thrown over . . . something. Around the tarp, the grass had been trampled flat by Berta’s oversize boots. She moved aside the broken cinderblocks holding the tarp down and pulled. The tarp slid, first revealing a smooth arc of black carbon fiber, encircling slim, curved propeller blades. A short squat fuselage partially obscured a second propeller assembly. Some of the fuselage was covered in the same matte black fairing, but here and there, several panels had been removed, exposing the vehicle’s innards. Berta leaped up astride it, kicking her feet as they dangled above the propellers. (image)

“Well, what do you think Janni?”

“Berta, honey, you’re sitting on a military attack drone. That’s government property.”

“Not anymore Janni. No government, no property. Anyway, I bought it from Zhanna fair and square.”

“Setting aside for the moment, only for the moment mind you Berta, that Zhanna is a criminal and almost certainly stole that drone, money is tight enough as it is. How much did you spend on this?”

“I didn’t spend shop money on it, Jan, you know me better than that.”

“Even so Berta, this can’t have been cheap. You must have spent every spare credit you had.”

“Yeah, but look,” she reached down inside the drone’s fuselage fiddling with something. There was a click, then a rising whine as the hydrogen turbine that formed the heart of the thing spun up. She triggered something else inside the machine, and the propellers began to rotate. Slowly at first, laboriously making their way around inside their protective ducts, then faster, forcing a rising wind past Jan’s ears and down to ruffle the grass. As the speed of the blades blended them together into a smooth blur, the drone wobbled. It lifted in unsteady jerks; Berta’s eyes were unfocused as she leaned forward. Her chin was pressed against the smooth black swell of the cowling, plaits of pink hair obscuring her face as she worked her hands deep within the machine, coaxing it up inch by inch.

After a few moments she let it settle back to the ground, and as the noise of the exposed engine lessened, Jan could make himself heard again.

“I’m impressed Berta, I really am, but it’s not a toy. What are you going to do with this thing?”

“Sell it to some rich asshole I guess. Or maybe I can get some kombinat to hire me and mass produce ‘em for lots of rich assholes.”

“Berta, honey, you’re brilliant and I love you, but no kombinat is going to give either of us the time of day. You won’t even make it across the lobby.”

“They will after they see my babies in action here.”

She held up a slightly crumpled piece of newsprint. There was something odd about it though, and after a moment, Jan noticed that the image on it was moving. Impossibly, but definitely moving. In the image, a man clad in a flowing robe sat astride a broomstick. He held the handle of it with one hand and reached forward with the other to grasp a small winged sphere. As Jan stared, trying to figure out how someone had manufactured a screen this thin that could still work when it had been crumpled, the man turned to smile at him and waved cheerily. Around the image, a news article proclaimed that for the first time a regional “Quidditch” tournament for Atlantian Oceania would be held, and that teams from all of the region’s “wizarding nations” were anxiously preparing.

“What in hell is a quidditch?”

“Not ‘a quidditch’ Jan, just quidditch. It’s a sport. You fly around, and there’s four different balls, it’s all in here. Says in other places they play it on brooms. Doesn’t make much sense to me, but if people play on dusty old brooms, imagine what we could do flying on these! We could win!”

“Berta, I feel like we’re skipping over a few important points here. How is this person flying on a broom in the first place?”

“I dunno! It’ll be fun to find out how it works though!”

Jan sputtered, trying to figure out which of his objections to voice next. “You’ve only got one drone, Berta, you must need more than that to play this sport.”

“You need seven!” Berta’s grin was alarming close to being literally ear to ear.

“Well there you go then, there’s no way you can afford seven of these, and that’s not even considering spares.”

“Zhanna has a whole shipping container of these babies, I bet I can get her to give me some if we let her join the team and ride one.”

“You think a notorious gangster is going to part with several hundred thousand credits worth of military hardware for the chance to get herself killed riding this thing?”

“Ok fine we’ll cut her in on the profits. Everything’s money with Zhanna after all.”

It was all Jan could do to prevail on Berta to consult with Aleksey before making any decisions. After all, he knew they exact financial situation better than either of them. Somehow though, he knew she would end up getting her way. She always did after all.
The Provisional Republic of Squornshelous
Puppet of Squornshelan Remnant States
Trigram: SQU
KPB Ranking: 21.56 (34th)
World Cup 31 Champions
Runners Up: WC15 & WC38
Third Place: WC20, WC25
Semifinalist: WC18, WC27
Quarterfinalist: WC5, WC11, WC12, CoH6, WC22, WC30, WC32, WC33, WC34, WC40, CoH77
Second Round: WC6, WC7, WC9, WC16, WC21, WC23, WC24, WC28, WC36, WC37, WC39
Group Stage: WC8, WC10, WC13, WC17, WC19, WC26, WC29, WC35, WC41, CoH76, WC87
Worst Day of My Life: WC14
Other days that were not the absolute worst, but when we also didn't qualify: WC84, WC85, WC86, WC88

Misrantis
Secretary

Founded: Sep 07, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Misrantis » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:55 pm

MISRANTIS OLYMPIC ROSTER

Delegation led by The Esteemed and Famous Rahman Omer Hilali

Track and Field

Men’s 100m - Chaths Sarkis
Men’s 200m - Chaths Sarkis
Men’s 10000m - Ismael Asghar
Men’s 400m Hurdles - Ali Sarkis
Men's 4x100 m Relay (1 team of 4) - Chaths Sarkis, Ali Sarkis, Dodi Asghar, Kasiya Basara
Men's Shot Put - Chaths Gaber
Men’s Marathon - Isma Tahan
Men’s Long Jump - Haisam Mifsud
Men’s Decathlon - Nizsm Sabbag
Men's Team Archery (Recurve) - Nezemab Amenamen, Chatha Barukatatau, Tseshortsa Heri-baset
Women's 100m - Arwa Sarkis
Women's 200m - Arwa Sarkis
Women’s 10000m - Souhila Naser
Women’s 100m Hurdles - Miria Wasem
Women’s 4×100 m Relay (1 team of 4) - Rasha Basara, Arwa Sarkis, Miria Wasem, Heba Asghar
Women's Shot Put - Monifa Bitar
Women’s Marathon - Rana Isa
Women’s Long Jump - Nabirye Abadi
Women’s Heptathlon - Shadya Antar
Women's Team Archery (Recurve) - Ankhhi Iseret, Masika Pipui, Mert-sekert Ai

Mixed Team Archery (Recurve) - Mert-sekert Ai, Nezemab Amenamen

Mixed 4x400m Relay (Closing event) - Arwa Sarkis, Chaths Sarkis, Tale Maloof, Alima Mikhail

Basketball

Staff
Manager: Desire Asker
Assistant: Ari Halabi

Starters
PF: Darwishi Ganim
C: Kasto Koury
SG: Thabit Wasem
PG: Bassel Abadi
SG: Madu Dagher

Reserves
C: Myrrh Said
PG: Tania Shamoon
SG: Ameera Ganem
PG: Norhan Cham
PF: Anan Samaha
PF: Fatya Zogby
SG: Adham Totah

Curling

Coach: Noha Botros

Lead: Yasmin Naifeh
Second: Nile Kyuri
Third: Aniu Philinos
Skip: Bakrans Anka

Sub: Atinmerit Sat-bu

Misrantis wish to offer a demonstration of the sailing skills

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:32 pm

AOlympics Motor Sport Competition to stop at Vale

The AOMC, part of the AOlympic Games, will hold Round 6 at Drummond Vale Race Circuit, on the 1.57 mile Vale Course normally used for Touring Class sports cars and Formula BP races.

Scuderia Orange Cow, the WGP2 team based in Haskins has provided support in the form of personnel for the pit crew and also organizing this event; each of the 15 nations has a team with two drivers plus a third spare driver and each event showcases a different type of discipline or final competition in which nations compile points towards the ultimate final standing to determine Gold, Silver and Bronze.

The DVRC round will feature only drivers considered the second entry (or the spare driver in lieu of) and will be contested by Sammi Carter for Baker Park, who is serving as the reserve driver. So far the team of Carter, Jordan Crowe and Nick Unger are 4th overall, with three rounds remaining after the DV event.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Verceola
Secretary

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Verceola » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:32 pm

In the quiet of the dark night, several miles down the coast of Vana Beach, a scruffy man pulls a large van up to a prop plane parked on the old concrete of an abandoned landing pat. A pilot, dressed in all black, meets the driver; as the waves crash behind them, they have a brief conversation before the driver begins to load the prop plane with the contents of his van. He's handed an inventory slip to the pilot, who quickly reviews it. It reads as follows:

"3 case absnth
2 gal. LST
120 vials XMC-227
7 prsn, heretic:
- Grant Frye, "Chaser"
- Brian Sayre, "Chaser"
- Cujo Gooding Jr., "Chaser"
- Soufiane Baala, "Keeper"
- Alfonso Harding, "Beater"
- Izak Cristan, "Beater"
- Vivianne Cortez, "Seeker"
Equip. for "Kwittich"
5 bush. fire apples"

The pilot nods, removes a lighter from his pocket, and ignites the note before tossing it aside. It smolders near a pile of seaweed as the pilot walks back to the plane and prepares for takeoff.
IC disputed territory and OOC puppet of Delaclava, all messages will be answered more quickly if directed there.

Misrantis
Secretary

Founded: Sep 07, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Misrantis » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:44 pm

As was expected, the mighty Misrantis Basketball team was successful in the Atlantian oceania basketball competition. The players under the guidance of the manager Desire Asker and assistant Desire recorded a 80–63 result over Siovanija and Teusland in order to advance to get a critical start. The most important game was the next against Mlima Kijani a nation who is similar to Misrantis without the expectation of greatness in the eyes of the competition. Only one team could win and again it was Misrantis. After this result It was not a performance that will be talked about for ages within the Misrantian sports community.

Misrantis is defeated easily by Banija and once again by Merulantis. It is only by the grace of amun-ra that Misrantis can continue being the better of the marginal competitors, Misrantis, Siovanija and Teusland and Merulantis. Now with exceptional optimism Misrantis will continue to Quarter Final of the Basketball tournament. The match will be against Delaclava in Almintora, Turori and Misrantis must record victory to remain in the fight for the medals. Misrantis will pull out a special message on their uniform for the game

Unlucky for Misrantis in the remaining competitions so far there is no skill to be shown. In particular it is noteworthy that Misrantis Men's Archery Team has finished in last place among all competitors. It is unlikely that The Esteemed and Famous Rahman Omer Hilali will permit the Men's Archery Team to return home following this embarrassment of sport and they may need to consider requesting Asylum in Banija as a backup plan to being tossed off the side of the Vessel when the rest of the Misrantan team sails home at the conclusion of the games.

AOlympics
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby AOlympics » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:06 pm

Matchday 7

:: AOMC :: Auto Racing

Vale Course at Drummond Vale Circuit, Drummond Vale, Commonwealth of Baker Park :: 1.57mi Road Course

Format: Driver #2 Showcase :: Open Qualifying: All Driver #2 Only (Or Alt)

AOMC Round 6 :: QUALIFYING (All Drivers Advance)

1 [23-2] Turori 1:00.721 - 2 pts
2 [PK-2] Aboveland 1:00.822
3 [MC-2] Banija 1:00.894
4 [RL-2] Vilita 1:00.923
5 [SC-A] Saint Kanye 1:00.933
6 [SC-A] Baker Park 1:00.933
7 [CH-2] Aji No Moto 1:00.951
8 [CR-2] Geisenfried 1:01.086
9 [HN-2] Oontaz 1:01.206
10 [ST-2] Pacitalia 1:01.367
11 [D2-2] Equestria 1:01.585
12 [DS-2] Euran Oceania Territories 1:01.615
13 [AA-A] Tropicorp 1:02.030
14 [SL-2] Merulantis 1:03.301
15 [KB-2] Behetij 1:03.530

AOMC Round 6 :: RACE ( 50 Laps Total )

1 [RL-2] Vilita 52:10.002 | -0.000s - 30 pts
2 [PK-2] Aboveland -8.852s | -8.852s - 25 pts
3 [SC-A] Baker Park -12.110s | -3.258s - 20 pts
4 [CH-2] Aji No Moto -12.420s | -0.310s - 10 pts
5 [SC-A] Saint Kanye -12.732s | -0.312s - 8 pts
6 [23-2] Turori -16.962s | -4.230s - 6 pts
7 [CR-2] Geisenfried -17.205s | -0.243s - 4 pts
8 [HN-2] Oontaz -21.847s | -4.642s - 3 pts
9 [ST-2] Pacitalia -22.584s | -0.737s - 2 pts
10 [DS-2] Euran Oceania Territories -26.836s | -4.252s - 1 pt
11 [D2-2] Equestria -30.610s | -3.774s
12 [KB-2] Behetij -34.347s | -3.737s
13 [SL-2] Merulantis -34.409s | -0.062s
[AA-A] Tropicorp DNF
[MC-2] Banija DNF

AOMC STANDINGS AFTER 6 of 9 Events

1 - Vilita 108
2 - Saint Kanye 97
3 - Aji No Moto 87
4 - Aboveland 83
5 - Baker Park 79
6 - Turori 53
7 - Euran Oceania Territories 39

8 - Geisenfried 31
9 - Equestria 22
10 - Oontaz 21
11 - Banija 20
12 - Pacitalia 15
13 - Tropicorp 12
14 - Merulantis 1
15 - Behetij 0

Next Event: Round 7: AutoRingPacitalia :: Grand Prix Challenge

All Drivers attempt to Qualify (Including Alt). Top Driver from each Nation Starts Race and earns grid position. Remaining Top 5 overall not otherwise qualified also compete.

:: AOT&F :: Track & Field - Day 5

Women's Team Archery
Quarterfinals
Baker Park 221–210 Euran Oceania Territories
Valanora 221–211 Delaclava
Squornshelous 218–209 Equestria
Banija 229–214 Milchama

Semifinals
Baker Park 222–220 Valanora
Squornshelous 217–229 Banija

Bronze Medal Match
Valanora 220–212 Squornshelous

Gold Medal Match
Baker Park 218219 Banija

Men's Team Archery
Quarterfinals
Banija 218–220 Vilita and Turori
Valanora 223–225 Squornshelous
Delaclava 215–214 Euran Oceania Territories
Baker Park 225–217 Milchama

Semifinals
Vilita and Turori 221–223 Squornshelous
Delaclava 215–215 Baker Park (tiebreak: 27–29)

Bronze Medal Match
Vilita and Turori 221–213 Delaclava

Gold Medal Match
Squornshelous 225215 Baker Park

Women's 200m Final (MEDAL)
1 Squornshelous                      21.88   Gold
2 Vilita and Turori 21.96 Silver
3 Valanora 22.01 Bronze

4 Busoga Islands 22.04
5 Baker Park 22.07
6 Behetij 22.16
7 Delaclava 22.22
8 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 22.50

Men's 200m Final (MEDAL)
1 Banija                          19.43   Gold
2 Milchama 19.64 Silver
3 Squornshelous 19.74 Bronze

4 Busoga Islands 19.99
5 Baker Park 20.16
6 Tropicorp 20.30
7 Euran Oceania Territories 20.36
8 Pacitalia 20.48

Women's 100m Hurdles Final (MEDAL)
1 Baker Park                      12.42   Gold
2 Busoga Islands 12.52 Silver
3 Valanora 12.64 Bronze

4 Banija 12.65
5 Euran Oceania Territories 12.66
6 Squornshelous 12.74
7 Milchama 12.76
8 Mlima Kijani 12.94

Men's 400m Hurdles Final (MEDAL)
1 Busoga Islands                  47.54   Gold
2 Baker Park 47.71 Silver
3 Vilita and Turori 47.83 Bronze

4 Valanora 48.00
5 Milchama 48.04
6 Euran Oceania Territories 48.38
7 Squornshelous 48.39
8 Misrantis 48.84

:: AOHC :: Ice Hockey - MD5

Group A

Baker Park 5–2 Aboveland
Siovanija & Teusland 2–0 Equestria

# Group A                        Pld   W  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Siovanija & Teusland 4 4 0 12 4 +8 8
2 Equestria 4 3 1 12 10 +2 6

3 Baker Park 4 2 2 11 11 0 4
4 Aji No Moto 4 1 3 9 12 −3 2
5 Aboveland 4 0 4 5 12 −7 0

Group B

Valanora 0–3 Delaclava
Romsten 4–3 Qasden

# Group B                        Pld   W  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Delaclava 4 4 0 13 7 +6 8
2 Valanora 4 3 1 9 5 +4 6

3 Romsten 4 2 2 12 10 +2 4
4 Qasden 4 1 3 8 10 −2 2
5 Quebecois Acadiana 4 0 4 4 14 −10 0

Group C

Geisenfried 1–0 Sultanate of Oontaz
Gyatso-kai 1–2 Banija
Squornshelous 4–3 Pacitalia

# Group C                        Pld   W  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Banija 5 4 1 13 7 +6 8
2 Gyatso-kai 5 3 2 13 11 +2 6

3 Geisenfried 5 3 2 10 8 +2 6
4 Sultanate of Oontaz 5 2 3 14 12 +2 4
5 Pacitalia 5 2 3 12 15 −3 4
6 Squornshelous 5 1 4 12 21 −9 2

Group D

Vilita & Turori 5–3 Merulantis
Milchama 2–5 Euran Oceania Territories

# Group D                        Pld   W  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Vilita & Turori 4 4 0 20 12 +8 8
2 Euran Oceania Territories 4 3 1 19 8 +11 6

3 Milchama 4 2 2 17 16 +1 4
4 Pluvia and the Saxean Isles 4 1 3 11 19 −8 2
5 Merulantis 4 0 4 7 19 −12 0

Quarterfinal Draw

Siovanija & Teusland vs Euran Oceania Territories
@ Stelburg Eispalast, Stelburg, Teusland

Delaclava vs Gyatso-kai
@ St. Jakob Forum, St. Jakob, Teusland

Banija vs Valanora
@ Olimpski-Ledarena, Borograd, Siovanija

Vilita & Turori vs Equestria
@ MVG-Arena, Pomorie/Marzig, Siovanija

:: AOWL :: Quidditch - MD1

Note: All matches are played at the Eagle's Club, Eelandii, Turori. 's' designation indicates which team caught the Snitch (Typically this will also be the winning team)

Merulantis 90-310s Valanora
Verceola 20-190s Banija

GRP-A        G W D L  PF  PA   PD Points[/u]
1 Valanora 1 1 0 0 310 90 +220 3
2 Banija 1 1 0 0 190 20 +170 3
3 Verceola 1 0 0 1 20 190 -170 0
4 Merulantis 1 0 0 1 90 310 -220 0

Equestria 80-240s Delaclava
Milchama 220s-30 Behetij

GRP-B       G W D L  PF  PA   PD Points
1 Milchama 1 1 0 0 220 30 +190 3
2 Delaclava 1 1 0 0 240 80 +160 3
3 Equestria 1 0 0 1 80 240 -160 0
4 Behetij 1 0 0 1 30 220 -190 0

Sarzonia 260-330s Pacitalia
Tropicorp 20-180s St. Kanye

GRP-C       G W D L  PF  PA   PD Points
1 St. Kanye 1 1 0 0 180 20 +160 3
2 Pacitalia 1 1 0 0 330 260 +70 3
3 Sarzonia 1 0 0 1 260 330 -70 0
4 Tropicorp 1 0 0 1 20 180 -160 0

I.A. Squornshelous 310s-90 Gyatso-kai
Vilita and Turori 360s-90 Qasden

GRP-D                G W D L  PF  PA   PD Points
1 Vilita and Turori 1 1 0 0 360 90 +270 3
2 I.A. Squornshelous 1 1 0 0 310 90 +220 3
3 Gyatso-kai 1 0 0 1 90 310 -220 0
4 Qasden 1 0 0 1 90 360 -270 0

:: AOCC :: Curling - MD 4-5
------------------- MD 4 -------------------

Group A :: Yeaddin, Vilita
Busoga Islands 10–5 Pacitalia
Baker Park 5–7 I.A. Squornshelous
Group A :: Yeaddin, Vilita   Pld   W  L   PF  PA  PD    Win % 
1 I.A. Squornshelous 4 4 0 31 24 +7 1.000
2 Baker Park 3 2 1 18 17 +1 0.667
3 Busoga Islands 3 1 2 22 20 +2 0.333
4 Pacitalia 3 1 2 17 21 −4 0.333
5 Misrantis 3 0 3 15 21 −6 0.000

Group B :: Yeaddin, Vilita
Vilita and Turori 7–4 Siovanija and Teusland
Tropicorp 7–6 Behetij
Group B :: Yeaddin, Vilita   Pld   W  L   PF  PA  PD    Win % 
1 Tropicorp 3 3 0 23 19 +4 1.000
2 Delaclava 3 2 1 25 21 +4 0.667
3 Vilita and Turori 3 2 1 19 15 +4 0.667
4 Behetij 4 1 3 26 30 −4 0.250
5 Siovanija and Teusland 3 0 3 12 20 −8 0.000

Group C :: Eelandii, Turori
The Jovannic 6–1 Banija
Qasden 2–6 Valanora
Group C :: Eelandii, Turori  Pld   W  L   PF  PA  PD    Win % 
1 Valanora 4 4 0 33 16 +17 1.000
2 The Jovannic 3 2 1 18 13 +5 0.667
3 Qasden 3 1 2 11 15 −4 0.333
4 Merulantis 3 1 2 14 20 −6 0.333
5 Banija 3 0 3 11 23 −12 0.000

Group D :: Eelandii, Turori
Milchama 10–6 Equestria
Geisenfried 10–7 Euran Oceania Territories
Group D :: Eelandii, Turori  Pld   W  L   PF  PA  PD    Win % 
1 Milchama 3 3 0 27 15 +12 1.000
2 Geisenfried 3 2 1 25 26 −1 0.667
3 Euran Oceania Territories 4 2 2 25 25 0 0.500
4 Equestria 3 1 2 18 20 −2 0.333
5 Aboveland 3 0 3 16 25 −9 0.000

------------------- MD 5 -------------------

Group A :: Yeaddin, Vilita
Pacitalia 3–7 Baker Park
Misrantis 2–8 Busoga Islands

Group A :: Yeaddin, Vilita   Pld   W  L   PF  PA  PD    Win % 
1 I.A. Squornshelous 4 4 0 31 24 +7 1.000
2 Baker Park 4 3 1 25 20 +5 0.750

3 Busoga Islands 4 2 2 30 22 +8 0.500
4 Pacitalia 4 1 3 20 28 −8 0.250
5 Misrantis 4 0 4 17 29 −12 0.000

Group B :: Yeaddin, Vilita
Siovanija and Teusland 8–6 Tropicorp
Delaclava 6–8 Vilita and Turori

Group B :: Yeaddin, Vilita   Pld   W  L   PF  PA  PD    Win % 
1 Tropicorp 4 3 1 29 27 +2 0.750
2 Vilita and Turori 4 3 1 27 21 +6 0.750

3 Delaclava 4 2 2 31 29 +2 0.500
4 Behetij 4 1 3 26 30 −4 0.250
5 Siovanija and Teusland 4 1 3 20 26 −6 0.250

Group C :: Eelandii, Turori
Banija 10–2 Qasden
Merulantis 10–12 The Jovannic

Group C :: Eelandii, Turori  Pld   W  L   PF  PA  PD    Win % 
1 Valanora 4 4 0 33 16 +17 1.000
2 The Jovannic 4 3 1 30 23 +7 0.750

3 Banija 4 1 3 21 25 −4 0.250
4 Merulantis 4 1 3 24 32 −8 0.250
5 Qasden 4 1 3 13 25 −12 0.250

Group D :: Eelandii, Turori
Equestria 4–8 Geisenfried
Aboveland 7–5 Milchama

Group D :: Eelandii, Turori  Pld   W  L   PF  PA  PD    Win % 
1 Milchama 4 3 1 32 22 +10 0.750
2 Geisenfried 4 3 1 33 30 +3 0.750

3 Euran Oceania Territories 4 2 2 25 25 0 0.500
4 Equestria 4 1 3 22 28 −6 0.250
5 Aboveland 4 1 3 23 30 −7 0.250

Quarterfinal Draw

I.A. Squornshelous v. Vilita and Turori
Yeaddin Iceplex, Yeaddin, Vilita

Tropicorp v. Baker Park
Yeaddin Iceplex, Yeaddin, Vilita

Valanora v. Geisenfried
@ Eelandii Multipurpose Arena, Eelandii, Turori

Milchama v. The Jovannic
@ Eelandii Multipurpose Arena, Eelandii, Turori

:: AORC :: Rugby - Quarter Finals
3rd Day (at Barnitz Stadium)
Plate Competition
46 Prel 11:00 PR Pluvia & The Saxean Isles 19-31 Behetij
47 Prel 11:25 PR Equestria 21-15 Muralantis

48 Ouart 12:25 QF Consolation 1 Aji No Moto 5-33 Pacitalia
49 Quart 12:50 QF Consolation 2 Behetil 21-29 Sultanate of Oontaz
50 Quart 13:15 QF Consolation 3 Equestria 7-43 I A Squornshelous
51 Quart 13:40 QF Consolation 4 Quebecois Acadiana 17-19 Euran Oceania Terr

Medal Round
52 Quart 14:05 QF Medal Round 1 Banija 7-29 Busoga Islands
53 Quart 14:30 QF Medal Round 2 Milchama 22-28 Valanora
54 Quart 14:55 QF Medal Round 3 Siovanija & Tuesland 29-21 Turori
55 Quart 15:20 QF Medal Round 4 Baker Park 22-12 Qasden (scored by Bollonich)

SEMI FINAL MATCHUPS
Plate
56 Semis 16:25 SF Consolation Pacitalia v Sultanate of Oontaz
57 Semis 16:50 SF Consolation I A Squornshelous v Euran Oceania Terr
MID SESSION BREAK--17:15-17:45
Medals
58 Semis 17:55 SF Medal Round Busoga Islands v Valanora
59 Semis 18:25 SF Medal Round Siovanija & Teusland v Baker Park

:: AO Bowl :: Gridiron Football - Quarter Finals

AO Bowl Quarterfinals
Siovanija & Teusland 20–17 Pacitalia @ Sun Valley Stadium(cap. 53,000) in Busukuma, National Capitol Region
Valanora 27–10 Turori @ Sun Valley Stadium(cap. 53,000) in Busukuma, National Capitol Region
Busoga Islands 58–24 Equestria @ BCEL Stadium(cap. 52,400) in Jinja City, Hangaza
Banija 26–12 Euran Oceania Territories @ BCEL Stadium(cap. 52,400) in Jinja City, Hangaza

AO Bowl Semifinals
Siovanija & Teusland v. Valanora @ Mavuto Field(cap. 75,000) in Hoima, Ankole
Banija v. Busoga Islands @ Mavuto Field(cap. 75,000) in Hoima, Ankole

:: AOLC :: Lacrosse - Quarter Finals

AOLC Quarterfinals
Banija 21–4 Pacitalia
Baker Park 9–10 Qasden
Sarzonia 17–12 Vilita and Turori
Equestria 7–20 Milchama

AOLC Semifinals
Banija v. Qasden @ Kizza I Field(cap. 33,000) in Herzegovina City, Moravica
Sarzonia v. Milchama @ Dodoma City Stadium(cap. 33,000) in Dodoma, Bunyoro

-    -- AOT&F --  ::       -- AOMC --
[ABL] - - - 0 :: [ABL] - 2 1 3
[ANM] - - - 0 :: [ANM] 1 1 1 3
[CBP] 1 3 - 4 :: [CBP] - 1 1 2
[BNJ] 3 - 1 4 :: [BNJ] - - - 0
[BHJ] - - - 0 :: [BHJ] - - - 0
[BUS] 1 1 - 2 :: [BUS] - - - 0
[DEL] 1 1 - 2 :: [DEL] - - - 0
[EQS] - - - 0 :: [EQS] - - 1 1
[EOT] - - - 0 :: [EOT] 1 - - 1
[GSF] - - - 0 :: [GSF] - - 1 1
[GKI] - - - 0 :: [GKI] - - - 0
[MRL] - - - 0 :: [MRL] - - - 0
[MIL] - 1 - 1 :: [MIL] - - - 0
[MSR] - - - 0 :: [MSR] - - - 0
[MLK] - - - 0 :: [MLK] - - - 0
[PAC] - - - 0 :: [PAC] - - - 0
[PSI] - - - 0 :: [PSI] - - - 0
[QAD] - - - 0 :: [QAD] - - - 0
[ACA] - - - 0 :: [ACA] - - - 0
[RMT] - - - 0 :: [RMT] - - - 0
[SRZ] - - - 0 :: [SRZ] - - - 0
[STL] - - - 0 :: [STL] - - - 0
[SQU] 3 - 2 5 :: [SQU] - - - 0
[STK] - - - 0 :: [STK] 2 1 - 3
[OOZ] - - - 0 :: [OOZ] - - - 0
[JOV] - - - 0 :: [JOV] - - - 0
[TRP] - - - 0 :: [TRP] - - - 0
[VAL] - 3 4 7 :: [VAL] - - - 0
[V&T] 1 1 3 5 :: [V&T] - - - 0
-TUR- - - - 0 :: -TUR- 1 - - 1
-VIL- - - - 0 :: -VIL- 1 1 1 3
Last edited by AOlympics on Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:42 am, edited 9 times in total.

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:58 am

UNIFORMS
(Purple = primary; lime = clash)

EQUIPMENT
Instead of riding broomsticks, the Kanyeans wear striker units on their legs, hence the need for short shorts. (See below photos, or this link: https://worldwitches.fandom.com/wiki/Striker_Unit)

STAFF
HC: Peter Grimes Sr.
AC: Josh Moritz

KEEPERS
#0 Toby Tanaka
#35 Alex Quinn (non-binary)

CHASERS
#11 Juliana Medina
#18 Heather Houser
#45 Raphael Tremblay

#2 Paige Krelman
#23 Peter Grimes Jr.
#24 Mike Goldstein

BEATERS
#13 Armin Ellis
#39 Dwight Edwards (captain)

#7 Damian Marston
#33 Archie Jones

SEEKERS
#16 Jen Holland
#1 Iris Suarez

RP PERMISSIONS
Choose my scorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yeah
RP injuries to my players: Nah
Godmod Injuries to my players: Nope
Suspend my players: No way
Godmod suspension events: Nein
Godmod other events: It depends. Coronavirus or pandemic-related RPs are NOT ALLOWED. THERE IS NO VIRUS OR PANDEMIC, OR ANY WAY OF HAVING ONE, IN OUR COUNTRY. TG otherwise.
Style Mod: +4/3 (or simply 1.33)
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:34 am

Finally! After almost an entire week of play, the Quidditch match between striker unit-wearing St. Kanye and mechanical broomstick-riding Tropicorp had finally ended. Kanyean seeker Jen Holland caught the snitch, giving her team a 180-20 victory.

"To be honest, none of us expected this game to last for seven days," Holland said. "It started out fairly well, we scored, they scored. I think I spotted the snitch at times, but it just didn't want to be caught." "Neither did the quaffle, it seemed to us, that's why the scoring slowed," added chaser Raphael Tremblay. "And then those Tropicorp brooms started breaking down, causing delays. Our own units also needed fuel and maintenance. One day turned into two, three, seven. We got our rest while the backups were playing, but still, it was a drag. At least we won."

Tremblay put the quaffle in the hoop first, but the opponents equalized 38 minutes later. It didn't take until afternoon of the fourth day of play for another score to be made, Tropicorp pulling ahead 20-10, but on the sixth day, St. Kanye scored twice. Peter Grimes Jr., son of head coach Peter Sr., tied the game up before sunrise, while Tremblay put the Yeezies back in the lead at night. And on morning the next day, Holland finally sealed the deal.

In the other Group C matchup, Pacitalia edged Sarzonia 330-260. Said Kanyean beater and captain Dwight Edwards, "That was probably a more exciting game, but we were too caught up in finishing ours to notice."
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gyatso-kai » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:59 am

THE WEDGE AND WHEEL
Gyatso-kai at the AOlympics

Written by KOSAI Torsonn

While being previously limited to multiverse competitions and the regional versions in Ice Hockey and Football, the National Sports Council, in a rather surprising move to most, sent forth a rather modest delegation to represent Gyatso-kai at the AOlympic Games: Team Challenge.

Sending just three sports teams, Gyatso-kai had hoped to dip their proverbial feet into the shallow end and test the validity of their sports teams, and prepare them for larger multiverse stages. As the saying goes, ‘Your Mileage Might Vary” and the Avatarian Teams have been preforming in some surprising ways, and in some not-so-surprising ways.

:: AOCAF :: Association Football

In Wong Haru’s first tournament as Interim Head Coach, the Bisons came out the gate with an expected 0-2 loss at the hands of the Sultanate of Ootz. The Bisons struggled under the new formations and new style, with Wong favoring defence over offence. The struggles would pay off, as the Bisons would go up against familiar-to-hockey-fans Torisakia and manage their first shutout since World Cup 88 against Revlona on Matchday 16. The lone goal, scored by Skirata Dag’da, would be the one and only goal scored by the Bisons in this edition of AOCAF, as the final match would be a brutal 3-nil beating at the hands of regional behemoth Farfadillis, sending the Bisons home and giving Wong a lackluster 1-0-2 record to start his initial tenure as our interim head coach.

No word on whether he will continue in the role leading into the next World Cup...

:: AOHC :: Ice Hockey

In what is arguably Gyatso-kai’s premier sport, the Ice Bisons emerged from Group Play with an impressive 3-2 record, losing the final match of the group against Group Winner Banija. Head Coach Ishii Hakoda chose this tournament to adopt a more neutral play style, and while a 3-2 record is surely not something to celebrate, it does secure the Ice Bisons advancement to the Quarterfinals, facing off against Delacava at the St. Jakob Forum in Teusland.

With the AOHC ending right near the start of the Forty-Third Edition of the World Cup of Hockey, many see this tournament as a sharpening steel for the Ice Bisons, who as of late, have been steadily improving. After not making it out of the Group Stage in the first two tournaments after The Silence, the Ice Bisons have advanced in the last three editions of the World Cup, including the Third Place finish in the Fortieth Edition. Although, not wanting a repeat of their 8-3 defeat in WCoH 41, the Ice Bisons look to channel the best of the teams history going into the Forty-Third Edition.

A brief look back to history sees the infamous Havl team, having taken three straight World Cups for the Twentieth to the Twenty-Second editions, and wanting to bring home a fourth in the Twenty-Third Edition… a parallel not lost on the current reigning, and three-time back-to-back-to-back, champions, the Goldhorns of the United Republics of Siovanija & Teusland. Of course, in the Twenty-Third edition, it was the Ice Bisons – captained by Ishii Hakoda – who slaughtered the dragon of Havl and brought home Gyatso-kai’s only World Cup and multiverse tournament trophy home…

Perhaps we can expect history to repeat itself…

:: AOWL :: Quidditch

One of the lesser known Avatarian sports, the Flying Bisons have not had the best of luck on the multiverse stage; having competed in the last two Quidditch World Cups with essentially an Under-21 team has led to the Flying Bisons holding a 3-6 record and some rather lopsided defeats at the hands of nations whose players come from professional leagues. While Gyatso-kai bears rich magical tradition dating back centuries, the National Sports Council has yet to officially create an professional First-Level Quidditch League, and instead, our players are pulled from the House Teams of our national magic academy, the Mofahuojian Hall of Wizardy and Magic.

With current team captain Sato Sachie set to graduate from Mofahuojian this semester, many are viewing the AOWL as her final bid to convince the National Sports Council to create an Avatarian Quidditch League; something herself and many of the Flying Bisons have travelled to Republic City to petition for. To their credit, ASPN has dedicated timeslots to show Quidditch matches – both from Mofahuojian as well as those from the previous two World Cups – and even had an hour-long special following the team as the came to the AOlympics.

So maybe there is hope for the team yet…

Of course, one of the main draws of any sports for the National Sports Council is victory; something the Flying Bisons have struggled to maintain and even achieve. On the first matchday of the AOWL, the team struggled against the Independent Athletes of Squornshelous, and with a commanding lead going through the game, it was the final Snitch that would see the Flying Bisons leave the pitch with a 310-90 defeat, throwing them into third place in the group with only two more games to play.

Not the best start… but it certainly isn’t over yet…

Copyright 2021.3 Avatarian Sports Programming Network. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
URL: http://www.aspn.com.gk/articles/general/23883751
© 2021 Avatarian Sports Programming Network
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Busoga Islands
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Busoga Islands » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:24 pm

The Busoga Chronicle
The Islands #1 News Source!

Rugby Sevens looks to deliver the Busoga Island's AOlympics glory after the soccer team's heartbreaking loss to Banija at the AOCAFs

MIDDLETOWN, EZRA, COMMONWEALTH OF BAKER PARK- The national soccer team gave it absolutely everything they had. They went out to the AOCAFs with a chip on their shoulder, after their own association, BISA, said that they weren't good enough to make the World Cup, and essentially gave up on the dream for at least one cycle. They upset Valanora during the group stages. They lost a game in group play, albeit with their backups on the pitch and the next stage already clinched. They looked dominant against the Sultanate of Oontaz in the Round of 16. And, eventually whittled down to 10 men, they fought for their lives against the #1 team in the region, Banija. But giving Banija a man advantage was too much, and Immaculate Kaba sent the team home.

But of course, this summer is not just the AOCAFs- it is the festival of sport for Atlantian Oceania! The AOlympics will rage on. Chances for regional sporting glory are still abound for the Busoga Islands. In fact, there has already been cause for celebration in Istria. We ran in the finals for all four track medal events, which was surely unexpected for our track & field delegation. Torun Bagci and Adalet Baykal had stronger than expected showings in the men's and women's 200m finals, respectively, with both runners finishing fourth in their events. Baykal was particularly close to the podium, only being 0.03 seconds off.

The third event, was the Women's 100m Hurdles final. That runner would be Onder Kalkan. She's famous for becoming a college national champion Hurdles sprinter in Banija in this event as a sophomore, and then repeating the feat her junior year at Loyola-Istria. She tried to repeat this her senior year, to become the first college hurdler to threepeat as national champion in Banijan history. However, while she burst off the start position her senior year, she tragically fell over one of the hurdles, disqualifying her and ending her college career.

Kalkan refused to speak to the media after that event, too distraught. Ahead of these Finals, however, she opened up on how that race effected her. "Look, I had the opportunity to do something had never been done. So it hit me hard. It probably took me a full year to get over that moment. My parents instilled in me the values, be thankful for your opportunities in life, and worry not about the results. So instead of staying sad, I became thankful for what I did accomplish- my two national titles for the greatest school in AO. And through divine Providence, these one-off games were created, giving me an opportunity to redeem myself."

And redeem herself she did, as Kalkan took home Busoga's first medal of the AOlympics. She got second place in the 100m Hurdles, as she finished behind Emma Coyle of the Commonwealth of Baker Park. On the men's side, then, came Ant Tuzan to run the 400m Hurdles event. Ant Tuzan dominated the competition, running a time of 47.54 seconds. This would have been good enough by a full 0.3 seconds to win gold at the last Summer Olympiad(Orean/Istria).

Ant Tuzan wrapped himself in the Busogan flag after the event, and was celebrated by a small Busogan fan section in the stadium. While Busoga's athletes are not favored in the 10,000m events that will be ran today, nor will they be favored in the Decathlon or Heptathlon that start today, you never know, right? Ant Tuzan wasn't favored to dominate as he did- but with a showing good enough to win gold at the last Olympiad, who can doubt his talent now?

And then, finally, team sports. In a match with much less attention than the AOCAF Quarterfinal, the Busoga Islands played Banija in a Quarterfinal at the AO Rugby Sevens Championships. We had, fortunately, a dominant showing over those Banijans. Rugby, in all of its forms, is our sport- not theirs. And so the 29-7 gap on the field showed the talent gap between our nations, even though they have a far more populous country. The loss the night prior in the AOCAFs seemed to motivate our players and our fans as well, who went en masse to Middletown to watch the matchup.

Now that our fans are here, can we win this thing? A team sport medal at this event would be glorious. We'll play Valanora in the semifinals with a berth in the Final on the line. This Valanora team beat Banija's by 40(which good for them!) so we know they've got talent. We're probably slight favorites- but anything can happen at a competition like this, eh?

Blowing out Banijan rugby en route to being declared AO's rugby sevens champions? Would anything be sweeter than that? More power to this team as they prepare to face Valanora in these semifinals.

Milchama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Milchama » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:22 pm

"Well how did we screw up rugby?"

"No idea. We had the GD in the group stage"

"It's not GD you idiot! We're not in soccer, it's point differential"

"Whatever, we still had the best one and you knew what I was talking about"

"So how did we lose?"

"We scored less than Valanora"

"Ugh, why is it always Valanora?"

"I know. We lost to them god knows how many times in the World Cup and now in the AOlympics also"

"Just awful"

"Terrible"

"No good"

"Legit real bad"

"How about the other sports?"

"We won our first medal!"

"Really, in what?"

"Men's 200M spring"

"Great! Well done Steve Clarkington!"

"Yeah he was always a fast one"

"We made a few other finals in track and field but didn't medal"

"Why isn't there swimming?"

"I assume there was no one to RP"

"What does that mean?"

"Don't worry about it"

"Ok but you didn't really answer my question then"

"No swimming in an island dominated region that is literally called Oceania"

"Ah that makes sense"

"Cool, glad I answered your question"

"What else?"

"We advanced in baseball but only with a 3-2 record, we lost in hockey in a must win game against Euran Overseas Territories, we won our first quidditch game and we went 4-1 in curling"

"How really, who did we lose to?"

"Aboveland"

"How?"

"Did you notice the name?"

"Yep"

"They're skip could levitate the stones slightly so despite the good guards we put down in 9 and 10 they still got 2 and then stole 2 to win the game 7-5"

"Ugh"

"Also we were through to Millardson played a much more aggressive game than usual trying some shots that he probably wouldn't have tried in a more competitive game"

"Makes sense"

"By the way the other interesting thing about baseball is that the Warriors have been doing some real cardiac kids things"

"Explain"

"Well we got into two long extra inning games, we beat Valanora but lost to Jovannic"

"Not great"

"No but 3-2 is not great"

"True it's not looking good for the upcoming WBC"

"I think we'll do better there because remember this is the U21 team. We'll have the U23 team at the WBC"

"Oh yeah good point"

"So can we get more medals?"

"God I hope so"

"Do you want to call Margaret?"

"Not really we should save her for the WBC and BOF when we'll need her so that we lose by less"

"Good point"

"Hey Margaret!"

"Be ready!"

"We're coming!"

"Help us!"

"Please!"

"Help Milchama win more medals!"

"Also the BOF"

"Also the WBC"

"Also the World Cup!"

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Come on You Warriors!"

"Let's Go Milchama!"
Milchama Sports achievements:
World Baseball Classic 23 Champion!
Note: The demonym is Milchamian. There are two of the letter "I(i)" and not one.

3x CoH winner (29, 46, 50) 3x WBC winner (4,5,23), 1x World Cup host (32) Various other minor trophies there's a football club trophy, a kleptochase trophy, Other minor international football trophies.

Delaclava
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:36 pm

OnTrak.net

AOTF Day 6: Previewing the 10ks and the multis

Well, after a few days of great excitement, we hit a lull for a little bit at the AO Track and Field Championships in Istria, Banija. Coming down from the high of medals from Roussel Nieves and Carson Mason, a few days off were followed by a disappointing seventh-place finish from Deena Marshall in the 200, along with the men's and women's archery teams falling short of medals.

But have no fear, because we're hitting top gear. Delaclava's best hopes, the 10,000 metres and the marathon, are ahead. Plus, it feels like forever ago that Nieves, Maria Musedi, and the 4x100 and 4x400 relays came through the heats, but they'll finally get a chance to run against seven other competitors for their golden moment.

Let's take a look at who's on tap!

Women's 10,000

Sarah Case is scheduled to do the impossible - run the 10,000 metres tomorrow, then turn around in one day for the marathon. Who's more insane - the DTFAF for selecting her to run both, or Case for agreeing to do it?

This selection wasn't as simple as the sprints and throws, where the best were picked to represent Delaclava. The Delaclav distance runners have obligations to run on the Road and Track Circuit, as well as the financial incentive to do well in those races. A regional medal simply doesn't offer enough incentive for them to adjust their schedules - in fact, the Delaclav distance specialists would be more than happy to stay home and cash paychecks rather than chase Olympic gold.

So how, and why, did we get here with Sarah Case? Case, running for Van der Veil University as Sarah Schilling, was a DUSA national champion in the 1500, but the 29-year-old has gradually moved up the distances, finding her finest result across distances in the 5000 metres with a 14:50.32 earlier this season in Athens. Four weeks later, she turned in a respectable 31:30.22 in her 10,000-meter debut in Vana Beach, the third-best Delaclav result this year. With Alana Kinney and Alicia Davidson declining to enter, Case was next in line for the berth if she wanted it, and she happily accepted.

But it's also been no secret that Case eventually wants to try her hand at the longer road races, and DTFAF said, why not? With the Three Rivers Marathon, effectively the DTFAF national championship in the marathon this year, in just three weeks, no one aiming for that race would be available to make the trip to Istria. Case may well have been the best option.

So what's Case's strategy for the 10,000 metres? It's likely she'll have one of the best kicks in the field, having demonstrated sub-2:00 and sub-4:04 speed in the 800 and 1500 metres as recently as last year. If a competitor wants to take out the field quickly, Case will be more than happy to oblige, but she won't initiate the move herself. If she can make the race as slow and tactical as possible, she may out-kick the competition for a medal. From there, the job is to have the recovery of a lifetime, get all the ice and compression she can, and hopefully shake out those legs in the opening part of the marathon.

Men's 10,000

Chris Trask won't have quite the same crazy turnaround as Case, with his marathon two days after his 10,000 metres, but it's still hard to fathom. But on some level, didn't we expect this from him?

After all, it's Trask who has defied any conventional expectations for an athletics career, often eschewing things like tapering for a major championship or taking time off, instead running up the Alexandria Mountains or down the entire Rextaria coastline barefoot. He holds virtually national record above 50 kilometers - be it track, road, or trail. The guy eats "junk miles" for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Knocking out a quick six-mile tempo run and then racing a marathon is his idea of a good time.

With PRs of 28:17.56 in the 10000 and 2:12:14 in the marathon, Trask may not be an obvious favorite for gold, Trask has also never truly attempted to run his best time in those shorter events. At heart, he's a gritty, tough racer who goes out to win any way he can. He's an athlete who will be able to handle the heat of Istria and the pressure of the competition. If a race doesn't go well for him, he'll find another one and try his luck again. There is no failure in his mind, only lessons learned and experiences gained. That's a scary proposition for any competitor who feels like they need to bring home a medal.

Trask will likely give it his best go in the 10,000 from the gun. He's a strength runner, not a speed runner; if he is intent on trying for glory, he will take the lead from the beginning and hold it for as long as he can. It's a strategy that's not likely to worse - unless it does. Fitness-wise, that's a threshold run for him, an ideal tune-up for the 26.2 in two days. He's undaunted by the challenge, and we can't wait to see what he'll make of it.
Sports Honor Roll
Football: 2x WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONS (13 & 15), 1x Runner-up (11), 4x Third Place (41-44), 1x Regional Champions
Hockey: World Cup 16 Third Place, 2x World Juniors Champion (18 & 22), 3x World Junior Runners-up (16, 17, 19), 1x Regional Silver
Basketball: 2x IBC Runners-up (31 and 36), 4x Regional Medal (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
Lacrosse: 2x Worlds Runners-up (16 and 41) 1x Regional Silver
Soccer: Olympic Gold (V), 3rd at IAC 18 3rd at Di Bradini Cup 15, 4th at Baptism of Fire 34
Host of WC 55; CoH 44, 46, 84, and 87; BoF 72; World Bowl 11, 15, 39, and 43; IBC 7 and 31; AOCAF 31; WJHC 16 and 18; etc. Founder of Scott Cup and World Team Tennis Championship.

Qasden
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Qasden » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:20 pm

Broad Report ~ Another Olympics? Get off the podium!

By Tomathan Hammerland

For the past however long this tournament has gone on, it'd be correct to assume that Qasden's adventures within it were as latent as the whereabouts of Jon Merritt. What can I say? Everyone knows the AOCAF in Qasden, that major football tournament the nation can't seem to win (even when half the damn region seperated) once contested against Baker Park, but to believe the country's citizens paid much attention elsewhere would be, well, a tad false. Of course, with that being said, it feels almost compulsory to write one of these things in the hopes our land can win one of these competitions, so why not write an overview of the journey so far? Heck, we can even wrap a little bow on it and treat it like a true bearer for the performances of Qad athletes in their return to the Olympics?

So here we go: Tomathan's Broad Report of the AOlympics

The hell is this?
While the region's football tournament has reigned supreme over AO sporting politics for decades, that isn't to say there haven't been other tournaments. A handful of years ago, Qasden itself held one of these offshoot regional quarrels in the form of the AOHC, Atlantian Oceania's premier hockey contest. Numerous others exist as well, nearly one for every sport, but when it came to organization, next to none of them were actually consistent enough to warrant rivalling the interest garnered by the football show.

In the lead up to AOCAF 64, officials in Vilita and Turori had announced the creation of the "AOlympics", a multi-event competition pegged with the task of holding every conceivable regional tournament at once, which sounds like ass to organize, but why not. These events would see the return of numerous contests, ranging from as easy as the AOLC (lax) to whatever in the name we could call the AOWL (quidditch), as well as some more "individual" contests, like the AOMC (auto racing) and AOTF (track & field). Each competition awards their own set of medals, and with it, attempt to find out which country will get to gloat the most over Anaia. For the long-presumed dead National Olympic Committee of Qasden, it's interests would see the country enter nearly every show, barring the AOMC and AO Bowl (gridiron). Committee officials were hopeful, to some extent, in the country's performances in basketball, hockey, and curling; boy, were they optimistic as shi-Onward to the games!

A Fine Time to Suck
One of the challenge's most ambitious tournaments was the AOTF, specializing in a plethora of track & field events with a sprinkle of archery as well. To the few people in our country who watched, the main hopes here were on Qasden's archery delegation, the men particularly, as they had took home a gold at the Black Arrow Classic in Chromatika, literally the country's first victory since Cup of Harmony 70.

Now, I'm not gonna sugar coat it, because if I did it'd lead to a doping scandal, Qasden was just massacred. Every single AOlympian we sent to Banija would come back with bare necks and a single bib, as not a single bloody athlete would advance to a medal round in the AOTF. Even in archery, a sport we had formerly prided ourselves in as organizers of NSAO, the best any of our teams would place was 14th in the ranking round, 20 points away from the lowest of the qualifiers. We legitimately couldn't have played a worse game.

Of course, the woes don't stop just because the band-aid's on. In the bleak aftermath of this whole ordeal, the OlympiVans would suffer even more casualties in the other tournaments of the showcase. In the AOHC, Qasden would leave their group stage with a single victory, an ugly win over Quebecois Acadiana, before losing to every other opponent. Similarly, in the AOCC, the nation's top curlers were again humbled in the group stage, finishing dead last in a group that consisted of more countries than just Banija and Valanora. Lest not to forget the AORC, the rugby 7s contest, where River's End Rugby would crash out in the Round of 16 to, guess the f**k who? Baker Park. If that name isn't already ingrained into your Qasdonian skull, then get a Dogi passport and start learning magic, because not only would these scar-issuing Calanians take us down here, but would also triumph AGAIN over the Vans in the AOCAF! Jesus, man, they could see actual bees, and our goalie (the newly promoted starter of Chromatika's Crossroads, mind you) would still let them have the win. It's like a philosophical destiny that when Qasden plays Baker Park, the bee will always defeat the cat. Even our successes in the AOlympics have been slim, but man, if I keep writing like this, I'm gonna get the whole country gripped on Depresso.

Nihilism and Qasden's AOlympic Future
Ok, so of the 9 tournaments the nation has entered, 5 have already turned over medal-less, including the most medal-y of all! But you know what? That's fine, everything's fine, because we're still alive in the other 4. In fact, we get to find out tonight if we still get to have those full 4, as well, isn't this exciting?! Alright, I'll stop playing, let's look at basketball.

Unlike most of the competitive teams at the AOBC, the Vans made a ballsy move to not participate in the 32nd IBC which, while guaranteed to tank the nation's rank, will allow the regional team foster more national players within its roster. Coached by former player, Louis Boxton, and led on the floor by point guard, Jefferson St. Lament, TQ would narrowly advance out of the group stages on point difference, following a close win over Baker Park, getting some revenge for the football and rugby squads. With it, the Vans travel to Tropicorp in order to play the Multiverse #9, Equestria, to see which band of suckers is going to have the unfortunate chances of playing the #1 Banija next. The Qads are somewhat optimistic, given their fielding of an IBC-ready team and prioritization of this sport over the others (versus Equestria, who focused on the AOTF and have the same medal count as us). Though if we're being honest, we all know how this'll go, so why not buy that cheap whiskey tonight?

Next, and we'll just speed run the rest of these, is...baseball? What's with Qasden and Olympic Baseball? Way back at the 12th Olympic Games in Vekaiyu and Kelssek, the sport was offered as a "demonstration event" to see how it'd play out with future games. The Vans, who hardly ever play in the IBS or WBC, ended up winning that somehow, being literally the only victory we'd take at those Olympics. And here? The barely-heard-of BaseVans went 3-2, beating a previously undefeated Oontaz in the final game to finish as one of the top 2 third placers, netting a quarter-final date with Behetij in Banija. Now, as far as I'm aware of, this is literally the first time I've heard of Behetij, but they went 4-1 and won their group, so expect Qasden to lose to them. Just as loony is quidditch, being contested in the form of the AOWL (All Others Watched Lacrosse). Thanks to those rascals next door in Dogsmouth, Qads now know f**king magic; not the cool stuff, mind you, but rather a group of them decided to use these powers to play quidditch well enough for the committee to say "Hey, you know what'd be hilarious?". Yeah, these whatever-Vans would lose massively against V&T game 1, but seeing as the tournament just begun, whose to say we're already out? Answer: everyone in Qasden.

Lastly there's the AOLC, a tournament Qasden has participated in nearly every edition of. While infamously hugging the bottom of the final placings in them, the X-Vans decided that this would be the sport we have a shot at medalling in, as we're somehow in the dang semi-finals already. Qasden would advance third out of their group with a 3-2 record, promptly using this to beat the global #5 Baker Park in the quarter finals by a single goal. A true gamer moment, for sure, but as a consequence of it, the Vans now have to play the #3, undefeated Banija, in Banija. A mythical win at this point would guarantee the Vans there one and only shot at gold here; way more likely, however, is a date with bronze, which would see us contest either Sarzonia or Milchama for that brief bit of recognition.

Conclusion
In conclusion, we're doomed. Qasden's athletics have never been in so many places at once and lost at every single one of them. It's a bit of a feat, to be honest, but remember, this is serious, these are the people we're sending to Electrum for the fifteenth Olympics. I'm sorry, I can't type that without having to pause for a minute to catch my breath from laughing too hard. Anyways, yeah, good times. If anyone needs me, I'll be watching whatever's going on in Banija, they're cooler. Stay updated or whatever for future reports.
Sporting Achievements
World Cup Ranking: 49th; KPB: 15.66; Style: 0
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

AOlympics
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby AOlympics » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:35 am

Matchday 8

:: AOBC :: Basketball

Quarter Final Fixtures:

Banija 81-85 Pluvia and the Saxean Isles
(Umbazi, Banija)

Equestria 62-74 Qasden
(Tropicoast, Tropicorp)

Valanora 77-59 Pacitalia
(Eelandii, Turori)

Delaclava 79-65 Misrantis
(Almintora, Turori)

Semi Final Fixtures:

Pluvia and the Saxean Isles v. Qasden
(Tropicoast Civic Centre, Tropicoast, Tropicorp)

Valanora v. Delaclava
(Eelandii Iceplex, Eelandii, Turori)

:: AOBS :: Baseball

Quarter Final Fixtures:
( Lopinka, Vilita )

Euran Oceania Territories 3 0 0 1 3 0 0 1 0 8
Vilita 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 3

( Eelandii, Turori )

Sultanate of Oontaz 1 0 2 0 0 0 1 2 2 8
Milchama 2 1 0 2 0 0 1 0 1 7

( Mynda, Banija )

Banija 0 0 0 0 1 3 1 1 0 6
Pluvia and the Saxean Isles 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2

( Mynda, Banija )

Behetij 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 6
Qasden 0 2 0 0 0 3 0 1 0 2 8

Semi Final Fixtures:

Euran Oceania Territories v. Sultanate of Oontaz
( Eelandii, Turori )

Banija v. Qasden
( Mynda, Banija )

:: AOT&F :: Track & Field :: Matchday 6

Men's 10000m Final (MEDAL)
Final
1 Banija 27:01.64 Gold
2 Busoga Islands 27:02.52 Silver
3 Squornshelous 27:11.36 Bronze

4 Baker Park 27:13.73
5 Vilita and Turori 27:17.35
6 Milchama 27:22.82
7 Equestria 27:53.22
8 Quebecois Acadiana 27:59.00
9 Mlima Kijani 28:00.60
10 Siovanija & Teusland 28:01.13
11 Misrantis 28:03.66
12 Pacitalia 28:06.57
13 Euran Oceania Territories 28:06.93
14 Delaclava 28:13.75
15 Geisenfred 28:16.45
16 Qasden 28:17.90
17 Tropicorp 28:22.78
18 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 28:24.70
19 Merulantis 28:34.23
20 Romsten 28:58.89
— Aboveland DNF
Behetij DNF
St. Kanye DNF
Valanora DNF

Women's 10000m Final (MEDAL)
Final
1 Banija 30:13.12 Gold
2 Delaclava 30:28.11 Silver
3 Vilita and Turori 30:31.32 Bronze

4 Squornshelous 30:34.60
5 Quebecois Acadiana 30:37.53
6 Baker Park 30:43.25
7 Valanora 30:44.14
8 Pacitalia 31:06.00
9 Milchama 31:20.13
10 Geisenfred 31:36.64
11 Tropicorp 31:42.58
12 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 31:43.74
13 Behetij 32:05.68
14 Romsten 32:10.13
15 Merulantis 32:14.84
16 Euran Oceania Territories 32:18.02
17 Equestria 32:20.20
18 St. Kanye 32:41.23
19 Qasden 32:43.88
20 Misrantis 32:46.61
21 Mlima Kijani 32:49.51
22 Siovanija & Teusland 32:53.81
— Aboveland DNF
Busoga Islands DNF

Men's Decathalon (First 5 Events)

Men's 100m Sprint
1 Vilita and Turori                  10.58    954
2 Busoga Islands 10.65 940
3 Squornshelous 10.80 903
4 Baker Park 10.82 899
5 Valanora 10.85 894
6 Milchama 11.02 854
7 Delaclava 11.08 843
8 Pacitalia 11.08 841
9 Geisenfred 11.10 838
10 Siovanija & Teusland 11.13 832
11 Banija 11.14 830
12 Misrantis 11.15 825
13 Romsten 11.22 812
14 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 11.24 806
15 Mlima Kijani 11.24 806
16 Qasden 11.25 806
17 Behetij 11.26 804
18 Euran Oceania Territories 11.36 782
19 Aboveland 11.39 774
20 Merulantis 11.41 771
21 Quebecois Acadiana 11.47 759
22 Equestria 11.47 757
23 Tropicorp 11.64 723
24 St. Kanye 11.65 719

Men's Long Jump
1 Banija                                 X   7.77   7.73     7.77   1005
2 Baker Park X 7.53 7.68 7.68 980
3 Milchama 7.35 7.33 6.87 7.35 900
4 Busoga Islands 7.34 X X 7.34 896
5 Euran Oceania Territories 7.33 7.17 X 7.33 896
6 Valanora 7.31 X X 7.31 891
7 Delaclava 7.30 7.18 X 7.30 886
8 Qasden 7.30 X X 7.30 886
9 Romsten X X 7.29 7.29 886
10 Pacitalia 7.01 7.20 6.97 7.20 864
11 Tropicorp 6.94 7.17 X 7.17 854
12 Equestria 7.11 X X 7.11 842
13 Siovanija & Teusland 7.09 7.04 7.03 7.09 835
14 Geisenfred 7.04 6.77 X 7.04 826
15 Aboveland 7.02 X 6.96 7.02 821
16 Vilita and Turori X 7.02 X 7.02 821
17 Misrantis 6.82 7.01 6.86 7.01 816
18 Squornshelous X X 7.01 7.01 816
19 Quebecois Acadiana 6.66 5.57 6.87 6.87 785
20 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 6.86 X 6.74 6.86 783
21 Merulantis 6.86 6.07 X 6.86 783
22 St. Kanye 6.71 6.67 6.81 6.81 771
23 Mlima Kijani X 6.61 6.72 6.72 748
24 Behetij 6.49 6.70 X 6.70 746

Men's Shot Put
1 Milchama                           15.21      X  15.93    15.93    847
2 Delaclava 15.63 X 15.42 15.63 829
3 Squornshelous 15.50 15.50 X 15.50 820
4 Banija 15.24 14.33 14.51 15.24 805
5 Valanora 14.24 14.60 15.19 15.19 801
6 Vilita and Turori 14.29 14.94 14.90 14.94 786
7 Quebecois Acadiana 14.83 13.53 14.63 14.83 780
8 Baker Park 14.64 14.22 13.98 14.64 768
9 Euran Oceania Territories 14.62 12.57 14.61 14.62 767
10 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles X 14.60 13.67 14.60 765
11 Qasden 13.22 13.64 14.60 14.60 765
12 Tropicorp 14.43 13.52 14.40 14.43 755
13 Busoga Islands 14.04 13.82 14.38 14.38 752
14 Pacitalia 13.96 X 14.31 14.31 748
15 St. Kanye 13.21 14.03 13.95 14.03 731
16 Mlima Kijani 13.91 13.78 13.94 13.94 725
17 Siovanija & Teusland X 13.66 13.84 13.84 719
18 Equestria 13.32 12.15 13.84 13.84 719
19 Behetij 13.31 13.76 X 13.76 714
20 Romsten 12.76 X 13.70 13.70 711
21 Aboveland 13.57 13.49 13.46 13.57 703
22 Misrantis 13.18 13.45 13.40 13.45 695
23 Merulantis 13.22 13.37 X 13.37 690
24 Geisenfred 12.14 13.37 X 13.37 690

Men's High Jump
1 Banija                               o    o    o    o    o    o   xo    o  xxo  xxo    o    o  xxo  xxx                               2.11  906
2 Vilita and Turori o o o o o o xxo o xo xo o xxx 2.05 850
3 Baker Park o o o o o o o o o xo xo xxx 2.05 850
4 Milchama o o o o o o o o xxo xo xxx 2.02 822
5 Valanora o o o o o o o o xxo xxo xxx 2.02 822
6 Delaclava o o o o o o o o o xxx 1.99 794
7 Squornshelous o o o o o o o o xo xxx 1.99 794
8 Busoga Islands o o o o o o o xxo xo xxx 1.99 794
9 Mlima Kijani o o o o o xxo xxo o xxx 1.96 767
10 Siovanija & Teusland o o o o xo o xxo xo xxx 1.96 767
11 Qasden o o xo o xo o o xxx 1.93 740
12 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles o o o o xo o xo xxx 1.93 740
Euran Oceania Territories o o o o o xo xo xxx 1.93 740
14 Equestria o o o xo o o xxx 1.90 714
15 Misrantis o xo o xo o o xxx 1.90 714
16 Tropicorp o o o o xxo xo xxx 1.90 714
17 Aboveland o o o o o xxo xxx 1.90 714
18 Geisenfred o o o o o xxx 1.87 687
Behetij o o o o o xxx 1.87 687
Quebecois Acadiana o o o o o xxx 1.87 687
21 Romsten o o o o xo xxx 1.87 687
Merulantis o o o o xo xxx 1.87 687
Pacitalia o o o o xo xxx 1.87 687
St. Kanye o o o o xo xxx 1.87 687

Men's 400m Run
1 Busoga Islands                     47.27    944
2 Delaclava 47.44 936
3 Milchama 48.87 867
4 Baker Park 48.92 865
5 Squornshelous 49.24 849
6 Merulantis 49.38 843
7 Valanora 49.73 827
8 Banija 49.89 819
9 Qasden 50.00 815
10 Siovanija & Teusland 50.09 810
11 Aboveland 50.20 805
12 Vilita and Turori 50.28 801
13 Equestria 50.68 784
14 Geisenfred 50.88 774
15 Tropicorp 50.96 770
16 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 50.97 770
17 St. Kanye 51.12 764
18 Misrantis 51.29 756
19 Pacitalia 51.32 754
20 Quebecois Acadiana 51.33 754
21 Euran Oceania Territories 51.77 735
22 Mlima Kijani 51.82 733
23 Romsten 51.99 725
— Behetij DNF 0

Overall Table
	Nation			 	100m     LJ      SP     HJ	400m	Total
1 Banija 830 1005 805 906 819 4365
2 Baker Park 899 980 768 850 865 4362
3 Busoga Islands 940 896 752 794 944 4326
4 Milchama 854 900 847 822 867 4290
5 Delaclava 843 886 829 794 936 4288
6 Valanora 894 891 801 822 827 4235
7 Vilita and Turori 954 821 786 850 801 4212
8 Squornshelous 903 816 820 794 849 4182
9 Qasden 806 886 765 740 815 4012
10 Siovanija & Teusland 832 835 719 767 810 3963
11 Euran Oceania Territories 782 896 767 740 735 3920
12 Pacitalia 841 864 748 687 754 3894
13 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 806 783 765 740 770 3864
14 Romsten 812 886 711 687 725 3821
15 Aboveland 774 821 703 714 805 3817
16 Equestria 757 842 719 714 784 3816
17 Tropicorp 723 854 755 714 770 3816
18 Geisenfred 838 826 690 687 774 3815
19 Misrantis 825 816 695 714 756 3806
20 Mlima Kijani 806 748 725 767 733 3779
21 Merulantis 771 783 690 687 843 3774
22 Quebecois Acadiana 759 785 780 687 754 3765
23 St. Kanye 719 771 731 687 764 3672
24 Behetij 804 746 714 687 0 2951

Women's Heptathlon (First 4 Events)

Women's 100m Hurdles
1 Banija                             13.28   1083
2 Busoga Islands 13.29 1081
3 Vilita and Turori 13.29 1080
4 Squornshelous 13.42 1062
5 Siovanija & Teusland 13.44 1059
6 Milchama 13.50 1050
7 Delaclava 13.58 1037
8 Tropicorp 13.59 1036
9 Valanora 13.62 1033
10 Equestria 13.65 1028
11 Pacitalia 13.81 1004
12 St. Kanye 13.99 980
13 Quebecois Acadiana 14.00 978
14 Qasden 14.01 976
15 Misrantis 14.02 974
16 Baker Park 14.10 964
17 Euran Oceania Territories 14.15 956
18 Behetij 14.18 952
19 Aboveland 14.26 942
20 Mlima Kijani 14.30 936
21 Geisenfred 14.51 907
22 Romsten 14.58 898
— Merulantis DNF 0
Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles DNF 0

Women's Shot Put
1 Busoga Islands                     17.04  13.49  13.11    17.04    998
2 Banija 14.10 15.34 15.60 15.60 901
3 Milchama X X 15.38 15.38 887
4 Vilita and Turori 13.47 14.02 14.98 14.98 860
5 Squornshelous 13.48 14.06 14.66 14.66 839
6 Baker Park X 14.64 X 14.64 837
7 Delaclava 13.49 14.10 14.29 14.29 814
8 Valanora 13.82 X 14.19 14.19 807
9 Romsten 13.28 12.75 13.63 13.63 770
10 Geisenfred 13.38 12.01 11.56 13.38 753
11 Equestria 12.40 X 13.27 13.27 745
12 Qasden 13.04 12.26 11.92 13.04 731
13 Behetij 12.34 13.03 11.87 13.03 730
14 St. Kanye 10.53 12.82 11.44 12.82 716
15 Quebecois Acadiana 12.77 10.90 X 12.77 712
16 Siovanija & Teusland 12.38 12.63 12.73 12.73 710
17 Misrantis 12.72 10.54 12.23 12.72 709
18 Aboveland 11.36 11.44 12.71 12.71 709
19 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 12.00 12.60 11.39 12.60 701
20 Euran Oceania Territories 12.35 11.38 12.20 12.35 684
21 Pacitalia 11.50 12.09 12.25 12.25 678
22 Tropicorp 12.20 12.02 X 12.20 675
23 Mlima Kijani 11.42 X 12.06 12.06 666
24 Merulantis 11.35 X 11.05 11.35 618

Women's High Jump
1 Banija                               o    o    o    o   xo    o    o    o    o   xo   xo    o   xo    o    o  xxx                1.92 1132
2 Busoga Islands o o o o o o o o o o o o o o xxo xxx 1.92 1132
3 Vilita and Turori o o o o o o o o o o o o o o xxx 1.89 1093
4 Squornshelous o o o o o o o o xxo o o xo xo o xxx 1.89 1093
5 Delaclava o o o o o o o o o o o o o xo xxx 1.89 1093
6 Milchama o o o o o o o xo xo o o xxx 1.80 978
7 Valanora o o o o o o o o xo o xo xxx 1.80 978
8 Geisenfred o o o o o o o o o xxx 1.74 903
Baker Park o o o o o o o o o xxx 1.74 903
10 Siovanija & Teusland o o o o o xo o o o xxx 1.74 903
11 Behetij o o o o o o xxo xo o xxx 1.74 903
12 Pacitalia o o o o o o o xxo xo xxx 1.74 903
13 Misrantis o o o o o o xo o xxo xxx 1.74 903
Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles o o o o o xo o o xxo xxx 1.74 903
Mlima Kijani o o o o o o o xo xxo xxx 1.74 903
16 Aboveland o o o o o o xxo o xxo xxx 1.74 903
17 Tropicorp o o o o o o o o xxx 1.71 867
18 Romsten o o o o o o o xo xxx 1.71 867
Equestria o o o o o o o xo xxx 1.71 867
20 St. Kanye o o o o o xxo xo xxo xxx 1.71 867
21 Merulantis o o o o o o o xxx 1.68 830
22 Qasden o o o o o xo xo xxx 1.68 830
Quebecois Acadiana o o o o o xo xo xxx 1.68 830
24 Euran Oceania Territories o o o o o o xxx 1.65 795

Women's 200m Sprint
1 Baker Park                         23.41   1038
2 Banija 23.72 1007
3 Milchama 23.87 993
4 Delaclava 24.12 968
5 Busoga Islands 24.21 961
6 Squornshelous 24.38 944
7 Siovanija & Teusland 24.70 915
8 Geisenfred 24.73 912
9 Vilita and Turori 24.81 904
10 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 24.90 896
11 Aboveland 24.90 896
12 Euran Oceania Territories 25.01 886
13 Merulantis 25.01 885
14 Mlima Kijani 25.04 883
15 Pacitalia 25.05 881
16 Romsten 25.12 875
17 Valanora 25.20 869
18 Equestria 25.27 862
19 Tropicorp 25.33 857
20 St. Kanye 25.38 852
21 Behetij 25.43 848
22 Quebecois Acadiana 25.45 846
23 Misrantis 26.01 796
— Qasden DNF 0

Overall Table
Rank          Nation                    100mH   SP      HJ      200m    Total
1 Busoga Islands 1081 998 1132 961 4172
2 Banija 1083 901 1132 1007 4123
3 Squornshelous 1062 839 1093 944 3938
4 Vilita and Turori 1080 860 1093 904 3937
5 Delaclava 1037 814 1093 968 3912
6 Milchama 1050 887 978 993 3908
7 Baker Park 964 837 903 1038 3742
8 Valanora 1033 807 978 869 3687
9 Siovanija & Teusland 1059 710 903 915 3587
10 Equestria 1028 745 867 862 3502
11 Geisenfred 907 753 903 912 3475
12 Pacitalia 1004 678 903 881 3466
13 Aboveland 942 709 903 896 3450
14 Tropicorp 1036 675 867 857 3435
15 Behetij 952 730 903 848 3433
16 St. Kanye 980 716 867 852 3415
17 Romsten 898 770 867 875 3410
18 Mlima Kijani 936 666 903 883 3388
19 Misrantis 974 709 903 796 3382
20 Quebecois Acadiana 978 712 830 846 3366
21 Euran Oceania Territories 956 684 795 886 3321
22 Qasden 976 731 830 0 2537
23 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 0 701 903 896 2500
24 Merulantis 0 618 830 885 2333

[ANM] - - - 0 :: [ANM] 1 1 1 3
[CBP] 1 3 - 4 :: [CBP] - 1 1 2
[BNJ] 5 - 1 6 :: [BNJ] - - - 0
[BUS] 1 2 - 3 :: [BUS] - - - 0
[DEL] 1 2 - 3 :: [DEL] - - - 0
[MIL] - 1 - 1 :: [MIL] - - - 0
[SQU] 3 - 3 6 :: [SQU] - - - 0
[VAL] - 3 4 7 :: [VAL] - - - 0
[V&T] 1 1 4 6 :: [V&T] - - - 0
-TUR- - - - 0 :: -TUR- 1 - - 1
-VIL- - - - 0 :: -VIL- 1 1 1 3
Last edited by AOlympics on Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Pluvia and the Saxean Isles
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pluvia and the Saxean Isles » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:28 am

Magpies shatter Lions' historic streak in thrilling upset

Adrian Fraser, Marienburg Telegraph

In the inaugural Atlantian Oceania Baseball Series, the plucky underdogs of Pluvia's national baseball team scored a major upset when they defeated the mighty Banijan baseball team 3-1 in group stage play. The Magpies would go on to finish fourth in that inaugural competition, and they were boosted by that win. Left fielder Philip Falkenburg recalls, "That was a huge win for us. It really gave us the confidence that we could go toe-to-toe with any team in the multiverse after taking them down." Well, in the baseball competition of the AOlympics, Banija took the rematch, winning 6-2 in the quarterfinals of that event, but the spirit of the baseball team lived on as the national basketball team shocked Banija, winning 85-81 in the quarterfinals of the basketball competition.

The Banijan basketball team hadn't lost a game in 41 consecutive matches, dating back through the previous two International Basketball Championships and the last Atlantian Oceania Basketball Championship, but the Magpies brought that streak to a grinding halt in Umbazi, Banija in front of a rabidly pro-Banija crowd. The Lions' original plan appeared to be to exploit center Sadio Bartaba's height advantage over every Pluvian player, but the Magpies' 2-3 matchup zone scuttled that idea early on. Meanwhile, Bartaba's defensive limitations were exposed as the Princeton offense meant all players could shoot from deep, and he couldn't keep up on the perimeter. Evan Davidson knocked down two wide-open shots as Bartaba couldn't close out, and the Magpies led 18-14 after the first quarter. The Lions soon changed to a focus on Labanzi Nabongo, the do-it-all power forward. Unfortunately, the Magpies relentlessly switched on screens and made hustle their primary virtue on defense, with the result that Nabongo hit just three of eight shots in the second quarter. A couple of costly turnovers by his teammates compounded the problem and the Magpies continued to be hot from three-point land, hitting 7 of 13 in the first half. These combined problems for Banija gave Pluvia a 38-32 lead after two quarters.

But in the third quarter, Nabongo got hot, the Banijans started to run, and a tweak to the 1-3-1 frustrated the Magpies. It began when the Lions started to aggressively trap on the wing as well as the corner (the staple of the 1-3-1). This caused the Magpies to turn the ball over a few times, and the Lions were off to the races. They opened the quarter on a 14-4 run, with Nabongo scoring eight of those fourteen points, and with a 46-42 advantage, it looked like Banija had finally taken control. Although the rest of the quarter continued to be fast, and Nabongo finished with 14 of his team's 30 points in the period, the Magpies kept pace. They whipped the ball around the perimeter, beating the traps, or ran backdoor cuts through the vacated spaces caused by the traps. They hit 4-8 from downtown in the quarter, and despite being outscored 30-23, held the deficit to just one point, 62-61, going into the fourth quarter. In the fourth, the Magpies deliberately slowed down on the offensive end to try to avoid turnovers and easy Banijan buckets, while on the defensive end, they extended their zone to try to force Banija to waste more clock and expend more effort to get off a shot. Sebastian Sendler led the team in the fourth, hitting 3-4 from beyond the arc to put the Magpies back on top, 72-71. The backbreaker came when Liam Palmer hit the team's fourth three of the quarter to put them up 75-71, then pressured young Ebrahima Faye into dribbling the ball off his foot for a turnover. Sendler's backdoor cut and reverse layup to avoid the long arms of Bartaba made it 77-71, and seemingly took a little of the air out of the Banijan crowd and team. The Magpies hit their free throws and staved off the Lions' comeback attempt, with Nabongo's three-point attempt bouncing off the rim with 4.9 seconds to go and point guard Toby Lawson icing it by hitting one of two free throws. The few hundred Pluvian fans in attendance's "Your streak's ov-er (clap clap clapclapclap)" chant reverberated throughout the auditorium as the Banijan fans were in stunned silence.

The streak was broken and the Magpies celebrated like they had just won the AOBC championship. Davidson was even heard jokingly asking for a ladder to cut down the nets. In post-game interviews, many players confessed complete ignorance of Banija's streak. Sendler said, "41 games? Really? Wow, that's incredible." Chris Campbell added, "We just knew they were really good. Back to back IBC champions, number one in the world and all that. But no idea about the streak. Pretty cool that we put an end to it." Head coach Ernst Beutler credited his team's 3-point shooting and style of play in the victory: "We finished 15-27 from beyond the arc. That's a great night, even for us, and we needed everyone of them. But I think more impressive is that, with the exception of most of the third quarter, we played our game and didn't let it get away from us. Banija is still the best team in the world, but I think this shows that anything's possible in international basketball."

In the other quarterfinals, Qasden topped Equestria 74-62, while Valanora and Delaclava cruised past Pacitalia and Misrantis, respectively. This sets up a semifinal match between Qasden and Pluvia and Valanora and Delaclava. While most media attention is sure to be focused on the juggernauts of the Dragons and the Phoenixes, don't overlook Qasden-PSI. It might be the "JV semi", but the Magpies just took down the #1 team in the world and shattered their historic winning streak. That deserves some attention. And Qasden rallied from a 1-2 start to take down Baker Park and Quebecois Acadiana to make the playoffs before upsetting the Equestrians. Sure, neither team will be favored in the final, but it's a clash of underdogs, and that's always a fun game to watch.

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:44 am

VILITANS GRAB AOMC LEAD WITH WIN IN BAKER PARK

by Francis Ludgate

The battle for the Atlantian Oceania Motorsports Championship trophy continues to heat up, with only three races remaining in the schedule.

In the sixth round, at the Ruwani Motor Speedway in Banija, Jeremiah Brooke kept St. Kanye in the points lead as he triumphed over fellow NSSCRA champ River Suzgar of Vilita (here competing separate from Turori) and current AOCAR driver Kyoko Fujisaki of Aji No Moto, leading 33 of 75 laps in the process. "I'm really thankful to my team for helping me get the win," said Brooke. "The tournament's winding down - gotta rack up the points and the race wins if we want St. Kanye to get the overall title." However, at the next race at the Drummond Vale Circuit in Baker Park, the Vilitans would usurp the top of the point standings from the Yeezies (108 to 97), R.L. Cruisin grabbing the victory with St. Kanye's Sage Caldwell only finishing fifth. "We may have stumbled a little after this round, but we'll come back strong in the next ones. A lot can happen in three races," Caldwell told reporters.

AutoRingPacitalia will host the next round, a Grand Prix Challenge in which the top qualifier from each country makes the field, plus the five fastest among the ones remaining. "We'll need to do well in quals here," said St. Kanye's Thea Alvarez. "An extra Yeezie in the field will give us more scoring opportunities, as well someone to work with to get to the front."

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Milchama
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Milchama » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:58 am

Karakorum Florin-Post-Gazette-Chronicle-Mercury-Times-News-Report-Inquirer-Answerer

Sports Section

Two Random Milchamians Make History, Add Event to AOlympics

A random conversation between two unnamed Milchamian friends has changed the course of AO history forever. These two friends who frequently about Milchamian sports in an unclear place at an unclear time had been complaining about the lack of a swimming events in the AOlympics. While one of them said something about scorination, a weird concept that makes no sense, the other gave a much more sensible reason for the lack of swimming saying, "No swimming in an island dominated region that is literally called Oceania." That makes sense since in an island dominated region it would be unlikely that there would be a lot of swimmers, obviously. That's a sensible thing.

That little conversation got picked up by some mysterious sensor who broadcast it out to the whole region including the powers that be in Vilita and Turori. The nations, known as the "Big Kahuna" of Atlantian Oceania, (it's a technical term) has been coordinating the AOlympics. While it seems weird that a random conversation would influence administrators in Vilita that did not matter as they quickly scrambled to get a swimming event together. Said one admin, "Everyone should invade Milchama since they're complaining about the lack of swimming" or more seriously, "We have wanted to get as many events involved in the AOlympics as possible. While there were constraints in space and hosts we realized that the vast oceans we have here in AO are enough to have a swimming competition."

As for Milchama according to one of the conversationalists they are, "super stoked that they are bringing in swimming. It's my 10th favorite sport!" Milchamian swimmers are also excited as Tomasz Florbukc said, "As much as I've loved swimming across the river and back to Dogsmouth or swimming across the channel to New Montreal States or even swimming farther to Bazalonia it'll be nice to swim in a pool for once." While we're confused how anybody could actually swim to Bazalonia from Milchama we're also excited for the pool and swimming events.

In additional Olympics news, Mark Clark is 4th in the Men's decathlon with half of the events already finished while Wendy Miakedes is 6th in the Heptathlon, only 30 points behind 3rd place Squornshelous, with half of the events gone. With their strongest events still to come they look likely for a medal placement. At least we're hoping because so far while Milchama has done a great job qualifying for finals in track and field actually winning medals has been hard to come by. Also, the baseball team failed losing to the Oontaz 8-7 as the relief core melted down giving 2 runs in the 8th and 2 runs in the 9th to lose in the quarter finals. While we have hope for the U23 team in the WBC this does not mark an auspicious start for Milchama's foray back into international baseball. Basically, our baseball sucks right now. It's bad ya'll, it's real bad.

But swimming will be nice and we're excited for that! Come on You Warriors!
Note: The demonym is Milchamian. There are two of the letter "I(i)" and not one.

3x CoH winner (29, 46, 50) 3x WBC winner (4,5,23), 1x World Cup host (32) Various other minor trophies there's a football club trophy, a kleptochase trophy, Other minor international football trophies.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:30 am

The feeling for Sarzonia's national Quidditch team manager Chris Entwistle was one he hadn't experienced in a while: Trudging off the pitch after his team lost a match.

That was what happened after the Pacitalian team captured the snitch and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat against his Stars. It would be the Blue Foxes who came out on top with a 330-260 victory over the defending Quidditch World Cup champion Stars.

The team assembled quickly and didn't have the time to go through the usual rigours of a training camp the way they would for a World Cup, but Entwistle wasn't using that as an excuse.

"We weren't in bad form, we just lost to a team that played better than we did tonight," he said. "Pacitalia are good at pretty much anything they set their mind to, and we just weren't ready for them the way we needed to be."

Was it anything to do with the lack of preparation time?

"No," Entwistle said. "We're ready. We won a championship with this team, except for some new depth players we added along the way. We just lost to a team that was better than we were today. We can't afford to have that happen again."

As for lacrosse, the Sarzonian national lacrosse team held off a tougher than expected challenge from Vilita and Turori and defeated them 17-12 to advance to the semifinals, where they will face a rematch with group rivals Milchama after the latter team defeated Equestria 20-7. Banija knocked out Pacitalia 21-4 and Qasden edged Baker Park 10-9 to set up the other semifinal.

Attack Colin Grassley scored three times and notched two assists to lead the way for Sarzonia (6-0), which remained undefeated despite a hard fought contest against the 2-4 Vilitans.

"We'll take a win any way we can get one," manager Jordan Helms said of his team's victory. "It doesn't get any easier, especially since Milchama appear to be rounding into form after their victory over Equestria."

Will there be any taking the semifinal fixture against the Warriors for granted after the Stars beat them easily 19-5 to open the Atlantian Oceania Lacrosse Championships?

"No way," Grassley said. "That team won three straight after they lost to us, then they lost to an experienced Baker Park side in their last match. We know better than to take anything for granted in these regional tournaments. When we hosted the previous edition, we were undefeated and facing a winless Delaclava and they took the match to overtime."

Now that match was notable because it was the resumption of a longstanding rivalry between Sarzonia and Delaclava that cuts across just about every sport the two countries play, but defensive coordinator Makeeyah Brantley said the match against Milchama will likely carry the same intensity.

"Those players are fierce over there," she said. "They call themselves Warriors for a reason, and we're going to expect a battle no matter what."

In other developments, a spokeswoman for the Health and Athletics Department declined to comment on speculation that Sarzonia would send a limited delegation to a recently announced swimming competition in the inaugural AOlympic games.

"Once we have more specific information, I'll be happy to pass that along," said Racheal Psaki. "Right now, we're still gathering details and I'll circle back with you when the time comes."
Last edited by Sarzonia on Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Delaclava
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:17 pm

DSGN.com Basketball

Delaclava routines Misrantis as draw opens up
Phoenixes' gold-medal hopes skyrocket after shock Banija loss

Djordje Zubić led the Phoenixes with 18 points, 13 rebounds, and seven assists and Omar Harris added 11 points and 12 rebounds as Delaclava led Misrantis wire-to-wire en route to a 79-65 victory, reaching their third consecutive AO Basketball Championship semifinal.

And yet somehow, that wasn't even the biggest boost to Delaclava's hopes to finally take a gold medal at the regional level. One wouldn't have thought the outcome would have been in doubt when Pluvia and the Saxean Isles, who have lost their last two AOBC quarterfinals by a combined 84 points, and Banija, who brought in a 41-game winning streak dating back to their AOBC V semifinal loss to the Phoenixes. But there it was; as Zubić and Harris and all the rest walked into their press conference, they were informed that the Lions had really lost, 85-81, in front of their own fans - after one regional title, two world championships, and a slew of top-10 wins, it came apart against the unlikeliest of adversaries.

Rick Jones expressed satisfaction with his own team's performance, in which Delaclava steadily built the lead and led by 11 at halftime. "I think we're in a really good place. Misrantis was a solid team and still we felt comfortable moving the ball and getting up and down the floor. Regardless of the result going forward, we've shown we have the fitness to start IBC qualifying and that's a really exciting prospect for us."

Jones also paid tribute to the Banija Lions' in the wake of their shocking loss. "All good things come to an end, but what they did took a long time to end. The incomprehensibility of this result, it shows you how special of a run they've had. We've beaten them twice in the last few years, right before they started this win streak actually, and it's taken everything out of us to get the job done. And the past two times we've met, we had no answers for them. They just found a new level. And I think they're still at the level, they're the bar that everyone's trying to clear. One game doesn't change that."

The results set up two very different semifinals: in Tropicorp, PSI - unranked on the world stage - will play Qasden, ranked 14th. In the other, top-5 teams Delaclava and Valanora face off - the Phoenixes the defending IBC runners-up and two-time regional medalists, the Dragons a storied athletic powerhouse with an oh-so-close kind of basketball history. While Valanora opens as a slight betting favorite in the semifinal, the winner of that semifinal is widely expected to have the upper hand on the Qasden-PSI winner.

And while it's obvious the Phoenixes won't be looking past the Dragons, Jones said they're not thinking about it as "the real final".

"Anyone who can beat the number 1 team, they're not screwing around. If we get to that game, either team is playing for a gold medal, and all bets are off. We need the best two games of our season right now."
Sports Honor Roll
Football: 2x WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONS (13 & 15), 1x Runner-up (11), 4x Third Place (41-44), 1x Regional Champions
Hockey: World Cup 16 Third Place, 2x World Juniors Champion (18 & 22), 3x World Junior Runners-up (16, 17, 19), 1x Regional Silver
Basketball: 2x IBC Runners-up (31 and 36), 4x Regional Medal (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
Lacrosse: 2x Worlds Runners-up (16 and 41) 1x Regional Silver
Soccer: Olympic Gold (V), 3rd at IAC 18 3rd at Di Bradini Cup 15, 4th at Baptism of Fire 34
Host of WC 55; CoH 44, 46, 84, and 87; BoF 72; World Bowl 11, 15, 39, and 43; IBC 7 and 31; AOCAF 31; WJHC 16 and 18; etc. Founder of Scott Cup and World Team Tennis Championship.

Aboveland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2013

Postby Aboveland » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:04 pm

Terho Talvela "Driving His Heart Out" in AOMC, Lauds Teammates 'Kiiri' and Kristiansen

Team Aboveland sits fourth in the AO Motorsport Challenge standings, in a four-way tie for most podium finishes

TIMIOCATO - Despite a slow start—and a lineup spearheaded by Terho Talvela but supported by unproven drivers—AOMC Team Aboveland has proven to be the Abovian Union's crown jewel in the nation's inaugural AOlympics entry. Six rounds into the competition, the three drivers representing Aboveland, two of them Abovian themselves, have managed to place Aboveland fourth so far in the overall standings, behind established motorsport giant Vilita, NSSCRA powerhouse Saint Kanye, and Aji no Moto. Per-Gunnar Kristiansen, a folkrace star from southern Aboveland, and Taavi Kiirejäävõisteja of Nykipiflugpuu, have swooped in to fill in the gaps left by Terho Talvela at various points of the competition to sustain the nation's efforts to be crowned AOMC champion.

The Story So Far
The Atlantian Oceania Motorsport Challenge got underway in Aji no Moto for its opening round at Serizawa Racing Circuit. Qualifying saw the first glimpse of outright pace from Taavi 'Kiiri' Kiirejäävõisteja, his torrid record put behind him as he flew to tenth fastest, and fastest of the Abovians. The chosen format for the event saw Kiiri forced to start the event from his achieved qualifying position, and a steady climb from tenth to eighth before the mandatory driver swap with Terho Talvela was enough to secure Team Aboveland's fate. A late surge from the three-time World Grand Prix champion placed Aboveland safely in second place at the race's end.

The strong debut, however, would prove short-lived. Round 2 saw the championship's first foray into oval racing; expectations were modestly optimistic in anticipation of Talvela's performance, the Abovian having raced twice in NSSCRA during his final WGPC season, but it would be the untested Per-Gunnar Kristiansen who'd excel in qualifying for Aboveland. Come the race, contact between Talvela and former long-standing teammate iBen Toralmintii saw Talvela out of the race entirely, with Kristiansen dropping to a modest eighth in the final classification. The team's fortunes would worsen in the Oontaznik superspeedway third round, with Aboveland failing to qualify outright for the feature race owing to Talvela's poor qualifying showing—finishing just behind a similarly disgraced iBen Toralmintii.

However, with the return of the series to road courses, and the arrival of the AOMC circus in Avsidesliggendevuoret for the debut of the 2021 redesign of the Fjellutfordring, Team Abovleand—and Terho Talvela specifically—were blessed by the power of the fighting spirit once again. An inspired drive from Talvela saw him score second place in qualifying, despite transmission issues ruling Kristiansen last of the qualifiers; alas, the format chosen for the Abovian round meant the qualifiers started the race in reverse order, placing a rejuvenated Terho Talvela 19th on the grid and a dejected Kristiansen on pole. Though Kristiansen was quick, he wasn't careful enough, and an eleventh-hour accident had seemed to place Aboveland's hopes in tatters. And yet, when all seemed lost, an incredible cat-and-mouse chase between Talvela and WGPC veteran RL Cruisin came to a conclusion on the final lap: with an optimistic dive into the last chicane before the dash to the finish, Talvela relinquished the last podium place from the Vilitan to drive home in third place after climbing sixteen positions.

Team Aboveland, and Talvela's, positive momentum continued into round five, and despite the return to ovals Talvela managed to scrape by with a satisfactory fourth place finish. In the latest round at Drummond Vale, the battle of the second drivers launched Kristiansen to the second podium spot once again, and cemented Aboveland's upwards-ticking pace going into round seven.

As the series returns to road courses for the final time in the AOMC, Talvela is hoping to make a statement of intent on the Pactalian track—no less admitting that, save for the mixed-surface round in Vilita, it could be his last chance at claiming that top step of the podium for himself.

"We're finally getting our [stuff] together," chuckled the WGPC legend. "For sure, we started off quite slow, me particularly, but I think we've finally found the way to outsmart these guys. Obviously, it's our first time racing in the AOMC, and personally it's proven a challenge to wriggle myself out of the vices I've developed to after being in WGPC so long, but I think we're doing more than okay. I can assure you I'm driving my heart out; I'm eager to clinch a win here—it's been ages since I've actually won any singular event!" he exclaimed, referencing his winless third title.

Talvela also referenced the iROS Spec Hybrid Dart, claiming he had not managed to wrap his head around the full-bodied machine during iRoS' inaugural season, but that by now he's "gotten the hang of it." He also extended his gratitude, and his admiration, for his teammates.

"Kiiri has very much surprised me," he admits. "I knew he was having a crack at AOCAR as well, but it's great to see him improving after how much he'd struggled in the WGPC environment. And P-G [Per-Gunnar] too; on a good day, he gives me a run for my money!"

In anticipation for the seventh round of the AOMC, Talvela assured Ælunder Nyttispalvelu that his pre-race prep has remained the same since WGPC retirement: "a good night's sleep and an even better sauna." The only thing he misses? "Edvin's voice on the intercom!"
Last edited by Aboveland on Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AUTONOMOUS TERRITORIES OF THE ABOVIAN UNION: Nykipiflugpuu

Home to Terho Talvela, three-time WGPC World Champion, and one-time WSRC World Champion

AOlympics
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby AOlympics » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:23 pm

Matchday 9

Note: Thursday 8/5 is an off day For scorination! Scores will resume Friday 08/06 as we begin awarding Team Medal Finals!

:: AOMC :: Auto Racing

AutoRingPacitalia, Timiocato, Pacitalia :: 4.18mi Road Course

Format: Grand Prix Challenge :: Open Qualifying: All Drivers - Top Qualifier from Each Nation + 5 Overall Next Fastest Advance

AOMC Round 7 :: QUALIFYING 

1 [TT-1] Aboveland 1:50.302 Q - 2 Pts
2 [iT-1] Turori 1:50.323 Q
3 [KF-1] Aji No Moto 1:50.386 Q
4 [TK-A] Aboveland 1:50.730 Q+
5 [ST-2] Pacitalia 1:50.842 Q
6 [RS-1] Pacitalia 1:50.845 Q+
7 [RL-2] Vilita 1:50.860 Q
8 [JB-1] Saint Kanye 1:50.880 Q
9 [CH-2] Aji No Moto 1:50.910 Q+
10 [23-2] Turori 1:50.919 Q+
11 [SV-A] Vilita 1:50.930 Q+
12 [NU-2] Baker Park 1:50.943 Q
13 [JC-1] Baker Park 1:51.064
14 [TA-2] Saint Kanye 1:51.068
15 [JO-1] Banija 1:51.077 Q
16 [SB-A] Pacitalia 1:51.080
17 [SC-A] Baker Park 1:51.130
18 [LN-A] Turori 1:51.194
19 [EI-2] Tropicorp 1:51.200 Q
20 [PK-2] Aboveland 1:51.201
21 [EI-A] Aji No Moto 1:51.219
22 [HN-2] Oontaz 1:51.327 Q
23 [RS-1] Vilita 1:51.379
24 [SC-A] Saint Kanye 1:51.387
25 [MC-2] Banija 1:51.397
26 [AA-A] Tropicorp 1:51.406
27 [BN-A] Banija 1:51.435
28 [YN-1] Oontaz 1:51.455
29 [BB-A] Oontaz 1:51.457
30 [YG-1] Tropicorp 1:51.466
31 [DP-A] Geisenfried 1:51.486 Q
32 [TS-1] Geisenfried 1:51.543
33 [MS-1] Euran Oceania Territories 1:51.604 Q
34 [D1-1] Equestria 1:51.630 Q
35 [WN-A] Euran Oceania Territories 1:51.819
36 [CR-2] Geisenfried 1:51.997
37 [D2-2] Equestria 1:52.056
38 [DS-2] Euran Oceania Territories 1:52.075
39 [SL-2] Merulantis 1:52.092 Q
40 [KB-2] Behetij 1:52.162 Q
41 [RN-A] Behetij 1:52.163
42 [UL-1] Behetij 1:52.279
43 [A#-A] Equestria 1:52.302
44 [FL-1] Merulantis 1:52.424
45 [CL-A] Merulantis 1:52.494

AOMC Round 7 :: RACE ( 35 Laps Total )

1 [KF-1] Aji No Moto 1:04:21.223 | -0.000s - 30 pts
2 [RL-2] Vilita -6.747s | -6.747s - 25 pts
3 [iT-1] Turori -7.605s | -0.858s - 20 pts
4 [CH-2] Aji No Moto -9.888s | -2.283s - 10 pts
5 [RS-1] Pacitalia -10.016s | -0.128s - 8 pts
6 [JO-1] Banija -10.559s | -0.543s - 6 pts
7 [TK-A] Aboveland -10.684s | -0.125s - 4 pts
8 [SV-A] Vilita -11.254s | -0.570s - 3 pts
9 [NU-2] Baker Park -13.036s | -1.782s - 2 pts
10 [DP-A] Geisenfried -13.708s | -0.672s - 1 pts
11 [ST-2] Pacitalia -14.663s | -0.955s
12 [EI-2] Tropicorp -15.129s | -0.466s
13 [D1-1] Equestria -23.013s | -7.884s
14 [SL-2] Merulantis -31.385s | -8.372s
15 [KB-2] Behetij -31.525s | -0.140s
[JB-1] Saint Kanye DNF
[23-2] Turori DNF
[TT-1] Aboveland DNF
[MS-1] Euran Oceania Territories DNF
[HN-2] Oontaz DNF

AOMC STANDINGS AFTER 7 of 9 Events

1 - Vilita 136
2 - Aji No Moto 127
3 - Saint Kanye 97
4 - Aboveland 89
5 - Baker Park 81
6 - Turori 73
7 - Euran Oceania Territories 39

8 - Geisenfried 32
9 - Banija 26
10 - Pacitalia 23
11 - Equestria 22
12 - Oontaz 21
13 - Tropicorp 12
14 - Merulantis 1
15 - Behetij 0

Next Event: Round 8: Lonngeylin Ring :: Saturday Night Feature

Split Heats: All Driver #1 Heat 1 (Top 8 Advance to Feature), All Driver #2 Heat 2 (Top 8 Advance to Feature), All Alt Driver Heat 3 (Top 4 Advance to Feature)

:: AOT&F :: Track & Field - Day 7

Women's Marathon (MEDAL)
 1 Milchama                         2:28:06   Gold
2 Banija 2:31:24 Silver
3 Busoga Islands 2:31:57 Bronze

4 Baker Park 2:32:25
5 Squornshelous 2:32:33
6 Valanora 2:32:35
7 Geisenfred 2:33:05
8 Pacitalia 2:35:03
9 Delaclava 2:35:03
10 Vilita and Turori 2:35:14
11 Equestria 2:36:09
12 Romsten 2:36:33
13 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 2:37:51
14 Euran Oceania Territories 2:40:43
15 Tropicorp 2:41:09
16 St. Kanye 2:42:06
17 Mlima Kijani 2:43:28
18 Quebecois Acadiana 2:44:02
19 Siovanija & Teusland 2:46:43
— Aboveland DNF
Qasden DNF
Merulantis DNF
Misrantis DNF
Behetij DNF

Women's 4x100m Final (MEDAL)
1 Banija                          42.44   Gold
2 Busoga Islands 42.46 Silver
3 Baker Park 42.58 Bronze

4 Vilita and Turori 42.60
5 Geisenfred 42.97
— Euran Oceania Territories DQ
Delaclava DNF
Valanora DNF

Men's 4x100m Final (MEDAL)
1 Delaclava                       37.60   Gold
2 Busoga Islands 38.34 Silver
3 Vilita and Turori 38.49 Bronze

4 Aboveland 42.71
— Euran Oceania Territories DNF
Baker Park DQ
Banija DQ
Milchama DNF

Women's 100m Final (MEDAL)
1 Valanora                        10.91   Gold
2 Delaclava 10.99 Silver
3 Busoga Islands 10.99 Bronze

4 Squornshelous 11.02
5 Baker Park 11.02
6 Banija 11.05
7 Merulantis 11.12
8 Euran Oceania Territories 11.14

Men's 100m Final (MEDAL)
1 Banija                           9.89   Gold
2 Valanora 9.92 Silver
3 Delaclava 9.92 Bronze

4 Vilita and Turori 9.92
5 Squornshelous 9.94
6 Behetij 9.95
7 Euran Oceania Territories 9.96
8 Mlima Kijani 10.03

Men's Decathlon Final Five Events (MEDAL)

Men's 110m Hurdles
1 Delaclava                          13.98    976
2 Valanora 14.03 971
3 Banija 14.09 963
4 Squornshelous 14.24 942
5 Siovanija & Teusland 14.28 939
6 Busoga Islands 14.34 930
7 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 14.38 926
8 Merulantis 14.44 917
9 Mlima Kijani 14.45 916
10 Baker Park 14.54 905
11 Tropicorp 14.57 901
12 Milchama 14.58 900
13 Aboveland 14.63 894
14 Quebecois Acadiana 14.66 891
15 Behetij 14.70 886
16 Misrantis 14.73 881
17 Geisenfred 14.79 874
18 Euran Oceania Territories 14.82 871
19 Qasden 14.83 869
20 Vilita and Turori 14.92 859
21 St. Kanye 14.92 858
22 Romsten 15.76 760
23 Pacitalia 16.09 723
24 Equestria 16.29 699

Men's Discus Throw
1 Milchama                           49.59  44.26  45.15    49.59    862
2 Vilita and Turori 47.64 49.54 X 49.54 861
3 Squornshelous 45.26 49.35 X 49.35 857
4 Valanora 44.90 44.73 48.48 48.48 839
5 Delaclava 47.87 46.46 48.34 48.34 836
6 Busoga Islands 46.51 X 44.56 46.51 798
7 Banija 45.64 45.87 45.17 45.87 785
8 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 38.63 44.74 X 44.74 762
9 Geisenfred 39.26 X 44.73 44.73 761
10 Baker Park X 44.68 44.48 44.68 760
11 Tropicorp 44.25 44.59 X 44.59 759
12 Equestria 41.23 X 43.38 43.38 734
13 Qasden X 41.52 43.24 43.24 731
14 Aboveland X 38.44 42.84 42.84 723
15 Merulantis 41.75 42.17 42.08 42.17 709
16 Siovanija & Teusland X X 41.83 41.83 702
17 Behetij 39.06 41.34 37.84 41.34 692
18 Euran Oceania Territories X 41.25 X 41.25 690
19 Romsten X X 40.46 40.46 674
20 Pacitalia 38.87 39.09 X 39.09 646
21 Misrantis X X 38.12 38.12 626
22 Quebecois Acadiana X 37.38 X 37.38 612
23 St. Kanye X X 36.79 36.79 600
— Mlima Kijani X X X X 0

Men's Pole Vault
1 Squornshelous                        o    o    o    o    o    o    o    o    o    o    o   xo   xo    o    o   xo   xo    o  xxx                5.50 1067
2 Busoga Islands o o o o o o o xo o o o o o o xo xo xo xxx 5.40 1035
3 Valanora o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o xxx 5.30 1004
4 Baker Park o o o o o o o o o o xo o o xo o xxx 5.20 972
5 Delaclava o o o o o o o o o o o o o o xxx 5.10 941
6 Milchama o o o o o o o o o o o o o xo xxx 5.10 941
7 Banija o o o o o o o o o o o xo xo xxx 5.00 910
8 Vilita and Turori o o o o o o o o o o o xxx 4.80 849
9 Equestria o o o o o xxo o o o o o xxx 4.80 849
10 Qasden o o o o xo o o o o o xo xxx 4.80 849
11 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles o o o o o o xo o xo o xxx 4.70 819
12 Aboveland o o o o o o o o o xxx 4.60 790
Behetij o o o o o o o o o xxx 4.60 790
Geisenfred o o o o o o o o o xxx 4.60 790
15 Mlima Kijani o o o o o o xo xo o xxx 4.60 790
16 Tropicorp o o o o xo o o o xxo xxx 4.60 790
17 St. Kanye o o o o o o o o xxx 4.50 760
18 Quebecois Acadiana o o o o o o o xxx 4.40 731
19 Romsten o o o o o xo o xxx 4.40 731
20 Euran Oceania Territories o o o o o o xo xxx 4.40 731
21 Siovanija & Teusland o o o o o o xxx 4.30 702
22 Pacitalia o o o o o xo xxx 4.30 702
23 Merulantis o o o o xxo xo xxx 4.30 702
24 Misrantis o o o o o xxo xxx 4.30 702

Men's Javelin Throw
1 Squornshelous                          X  74.28  62.76    74.28    955
2 Busoga Islands 69.75 60.08 64.44 69.75 886
3 Vilita and Turori 64.47 69.73 64.73 69.73 885
4 Baker Park 66.99 X 63.58 66.99 844
5 Milchama 65.35 59.38 X 65.35 819
6 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 48.13 64.52 60.84 64.52 806
7 Siovanija & Teusland 64.32 62.63 X 64.32 803
8 Valanora 62.06 63.08 63.93 63.93 797
9 Banija 62.82 X 62.63 62.82 781
10 Equestria 62.82 X 51.55 62.82 781
11 Merulantis 61.10 X X 61.10 755
12 Pacitalia 50.17 60.57 48.55 60.57 747
13 Misrantis 46.78 59.93 57.10 59.93 737
14 Behetij 54.26 59.28 49.41 59.28 727
15 Delaclava X 58.87 44.70 58.87 721
16 Tropicorp 49.37 58.31 52.71 58.31 713
17 St. Kanye X X 57.47 57.47 700
18 Aboveland X 48.83 56.85 56.85 691
19 Qasden 56.08 44.25 X 56.08 679
20 Euran Oceania Territories 45.41 55.55 55.45 55.55 671
21 Mlima Kijani 47.48 X 54.18 54.18 651
22 Geisenfred X 54.14 50.58 54.14 650
23 Romsten X 49.97 51.23 51.23 607
24 Quebecois Acadiana X 44.09 43.39 44.09 502

Men's 1500m Run
1 Busoga Islands                     4:27.42      762
2 Valanora 4:27.83 759
3 Delaclava 4:31.41 735
4 Vilita and Turori 4:32.46 728
5 Euran Oceania Territories 4:34.91 713
6 St. Kanye 4:35.67 708
7 Baker Park 4:35.68 708
8 Milchama 4:38.87 687
9 Qasden 4:45.61 645
10 Equestria 4:47.59 633
11 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 4:49.34 623
12 Tropicorp 4:50.48 616
13 Mlima Kijani 4:56.60 579
14 Misrantis 4:58.11 571
15 Pacitalia 4:58.60 568
16 Geisenfred 4:59.44 563
17 Merulantis 5:01.06 554
18 Romsten 5:03.33 541
19 Siovanija & Teusland 5:03.82 538
20 Quebecois Acadiana 5:04.17 536
21 Behetij 5:04.67 533
22 Aboveland 5:05.29 530
— Squornshelous DQ 0
Banija DQ 0

Final Decathlon Standings
Rank    Nation	                      100m	LJ	SP	HJ	400m   110mH    DT	PV	JT	1500m 	Total
1 Busoga Islands 940 896 752 794 944 930 798 1035 886 762 8737 Gold
2 Valanora 894 891 801 822 827 971 839 1004 797 759 8605 Silver
3 Baker Park 899 980 768 850 865 905 760 972 844 708 8551 Bronze

4 Milchama 854 900 847 822 867 900 862 941 819 687 8499
5 Delaclava 843 886 829 794 936 976 836 941 721 735 8497
6 Vilita and Turori 954 821 786 850 801 859 861 849 885 728 8394
7 Squornshelous 903 816 820 794 849 942 857 1067 955 0 8003
8 Banija 830 1005 805 906 819 963 785 910 781 0 7804
9 Pluvia and the Saxaean Isles 806 783 765 740 770 926 762 819 806 623 7800
10 Qasden 806 886 765 740 815 869 731 849 679 645 7785
11 Siovanija & Teusland 832 835 719 767 810 939 702 702 803 538 7647
12 Euran Oceania Territories 782 896 767 740 735 871 690 731 671 713 7596
13 Tropicorp 723 854 755 714 770 901 759 790 713 616 7595
14 Equestria 757 842 719 714 784 699 734 849 781 633 7512
15 Geisenfred 838 826 690 687 774 874 761 790 650 563 7453
16 Aboveland 774 821 703 714 805 894 723 790 691 530 7445
17 Merulantis 771 783 690 687 843 917 709 702 755 554 7411
18 Misrantis 825 816 695 714 756 881 626 702 737 571 7323
19 St. Kanye 719 771 731 687 764 858 600 760 700 708 7298
20 Pacitalia 841 864 748 687 754 723 646 702 747 568 7280
21 Romsten 812 886 711 687 725 760 674 731 607 541 7134
22 Quebecois Acadiana 759 785 780 687 754 891 612 731 502 536 7037
23 Mlima Kijani 806 748 725 767 733 916 0 790 651 579 6715
24 Behetij 804 746 714 687 0 886 692 790 727 533 6579

:: AOHC :: Ice Hockey - Quarterfinals

Quarterfinal Results

Siovanija & Teusland 5–3 Euran Oceania Territories (Scored by Banija)

Delaclava 1–2 Gyatso-kai

Banija 3–6 Valanora

Vilita & Turori 4–1 Equestria

Semifinal Fixtures

Siovanija & Teusland vs Gyatso-kai
@ Stelburg Eispalast, Stelburg, Teusland

Valanora vs Vilita & Turori
@ Olimpski-Ledarena, Borograd, Siovanija

:: AOWL :: Quidditch - MD2/3

Valanora 300s-80 Banija
Merulantis 180-400s Verceola

Verceola 210s-70 Valanora
Banija 180-360s Merulantis

GP-A         G W D L  PF  PA   PD Points
1 Verceola 3 2 0 1 630 440 +190 6
2 Valanora 3 2 0 1 680 380 +300 6

3 Merulantis 3 1 0 2 630 890 -260 3
4 Banija 3 1 0 2 450 680 -230 3

Delaclava 90-230s Behetij
Equestria 0-160s Milchama

Milchama
190s-40 Delaclava
Behetij 20-230s Equestria

GP-B        G W D L  PF  PA   PD Points
1 Milchama 3 3 0 0 570 70 +500 9
2 Equestria 3 1 0 2 310 420 -110 3 | +50

3 Delaclava 3 1 0 2 370 500 -130 3 | +20
4 Behetij 3 1 0 2 280 540 -260 3 | -70

Pacitalia 230-390s St. Kanye
Sarzonia 370s-200 Tropicorp

Tropicorp 260s-120 Pacitalia
St. Kanye 30-200s Sarzonia

GP-C        G W D L  PF  PA   PD Points
1 Sarzonia 3 2 0 1 830 560 +270 6
2 St. Kanye 3 2 0 1 600 450 +150 6

3 Tropicorp 3 1 0 2 480 670 -190 3
4 Pacitalia 3 1 0 2 680 910 -230 3

Gyatso-kai 200s-40 Qasden
I.A. Squornshelous 200s-40 Vilita and Turori

Vilita and Turori 90-250s Gyatso-kai
Qasden 180s-20 I.A. Squornshelous

GP-D                 G W D L  PF  PA   PD Points
1 I.A. Squornshelous 3 2 0 1 530 310 +220 6
2 Gyatso-kai 3 2 0 1 540 440 +100 6

3 Vilita and Turori 3 1 0 2 490 540 -50 3
4 Qasden 3 1 0 2 310 580 -270 3

Quarterfinal Fixtures

Verceola v. Gyatso-kai
@ Field #1, Eagle's Club, Eelandii, Turori

Milchama v. St. Kanye
@ Field #2, Eagle's Club, Eelandii, Turori

Sarzonia v. Equestria
@ Field #1, Eagle's Club, Eelandii, Turori

I.A. Squornshelous v. Valanora
@ Field #2, Eagle's Club, Eelandii, Turori

:: AOCC :: Curling - Quarterfinals

Quarterfinal Results

Vilitan Zone :: Yeaddin Ice Center, Yeaddin, Vilita

I.A. Squornshelous 10–9 Vilita and Turori

Tropicorp 4–8 Baker Park

Turori Zone :: Eelandii Multi-Purpose Arena, Eelandii, Turori

Valanora 11–5 Geisenfried

Milchama 5–4 The Jovannic

Semifinal Fixtures
@ Eelandii Multi-Purpose Arena, Eelandii, Turori

I.A. Squornshelous v. Baker Park

Valanora v. Milchama

:: AO Bowl :: Gridiron Football - Semifinals

Both Semifinals at Mavuto Field(cap. 75,000) in Hoima, Ankole Region
Siovanija & Teusland 28–54 Valanora
Banija 17–3 Busoga Islands

In line with AO Bowl tradition, there is no third place match for the AO Bowl. Therefore, both Siovanija & Teusland, as well as the Busoga Islands, are awarded bronze medals for their appearances in the AO Bowl Semifinals. Congratulations!

AO Bowl Final
Banija v. Valanora @ The Stadium of the Restoration(cap. 91,835) in Busukuma, National Capitol Region

:: AOLC :: Lacrosse - Semifinals

Banija 28–3 Qasden @ Kizza I Field(cap. 33,000) in Herzegovina City, Moravica
Sarzonia 14–18 Milchama @ Dodoma City Field(cap. 33,000) in Dodoma, Bunyoro Region

Bronze Medal Match
Sarzonia v. Qasden @ Dodoma City Field @ Dodoma City Field(cap. 33,000) in Dodoma, Bunyoro Region

AOLC V Final
Banija v. Milchama @ Kizza I Field(cap. 33,000) in Herzegovina City, Moravica

Announcement :: SwimAO Signups are Now Open! - There were some RP's and off topic discussions wondering why we didn't have swimming as a competition during the AOlympics. The original idea was to keep things simple and only have T&F as an individual event. However, the schedule worked out such that Track and Field ends on Friday leaving room to add Swimming events over the weekend. Signups will hard close at the AOlympics MD11 Cutoff on Saturday evening 08/07 so groups can be distributed and the first scores posted

If you are interested in joining the swimming events just put your trigramme in the spreadsheet and pick a boost event if you desire. Since its an additional event everyone will go in with the same rating though RP bonus will still apply. To make numbers work and depending on interest level some nations may not be added to every single event. Boost events will be prioritized and any nation who has not won any medals yet in AOlympics (or didn't sign up to anything yet) but shows interest by joining SwimAO will be prioritized entry to every event

[ANM] - - - 0 :: [ANM] 2 1 1 4
[CBP] 1 3 2 6 :: [CBP] - 1 1 2
[BNJ] 7 1 1 9 :: [BNJ] - - - 0
[BUS] 2 4 2 8 :: [BUS] - - - 0
[DEL] 2 3 1 6 :: [DEL] - - - 0
[MIL] 1 1 - 2 :: [MIL] - - - 0
[SQU] 3 - 3 6 :: [SQU] - - - 0
[VAL] 1 5 4 10 :: [VAL] - - - 0
[V&T] 1 1 5 7 :: [V&T] - - - 0
-TUR- - - - 0 :: -TUR- 1 - 1 2
-VIL- - - - 0 :: -VIL- 1 2 1 4
Last edited by AOlympics on Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gyatso-kai » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:29 pm

THE WEDGE AND WHEEL
Gyatso-kai at the AOlympics

Written by KOSAI Torsonn

Passing another day into the AOlympics Team Challenge, and the Gyatso-kaian Delegation, even while one part is no longer taking part, the other two aspects continue to show that even in competition, the Avatarians evolve and adapt.

:: AOCAF :: Association Football

After obtaining a 1-0-2 record in the latest edition of the AOCAF Cup tournament, the National Sports Council announced today that Wong Haru, the current interim head coach for the national team, has been extended a modified campaign contract. This contract will see Wong as head coach for World Cup 89, the next edition of the AOCAF, as well as any other multiverse tournaments during that time. Of note, the contract - with its per torneamentum value of 850,000¥ if the team plays three tournaments - does not state that Wong shall assume the role of official head coach, and still will seek a congress between the remaining associate coaches and himself in terms of rosters.

Last seen leaving the National Sports Council complex in Republic City, Wong seems to be in good spirits; though of note, the beskar kar'ta of his armor does seem to be the standard of the Family Wong, as he has not been given the traditional 'Iron Heart' as worn by the head coach of our national team.

:: AOHC :: Ice Hockey

The Ice Bisons managed to defeat Delaclava by a lone goal, ending the game 2-1 and advancing to the Semifinals of the AOHC. For the Semifinal matchup, Gyatso-kai will face the winner of the Siovanija & Teusland/Euran Oceania Territories match; which if history is any indicator, will be Siovanija & Teusland, who have not lost a match in over 40 games played.

Perhaps a sign of what is to come in the World Cup of Hockey?

Scoring first, the Ice Bisons were able to hold onto the lead thanks to an early breakaway goal from Hed Torvik in the first period. Delaclava - a team Gyatso-kai has yet to face - put up a strong defence, keeping the game to just a single goal before they broke past the Permacrete Wall of Shu Pianhuo at the halfway point of the second period. The third period was a long fought battle, with both sides gaining ground and having solid scoring chances, but with the strength of the goalies in between the pipes, the game remained tied at 1-all until Degour Niyan - in his first official game for the Ice Bisons - managed to steal a puck mid-ice and bring it back to an unexpecting Delaclava side caught mid-line change. 'The Gremlin of Meshrivage', so named for his overly aggressive playstyle, managed to sneak the puck through over the leg, and celebrated in his usual fashion with a yell and crash into the glass.

Hopefully he will play more in the World Cup...

Copyright 2021.3 Avatarian Sports Programming Network. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
URL: http://www.aspn.com.gk/articles/general/23883809
© 2021 Avatarian Sports Programming Network
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Milchama
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Milchama » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:38 am

New Babylon Post-Times-Sun-Moon-Daily-Weekly-Monthly-Time Conditional-Babylonian-Reporter-News-Land-Sport-Journal

Sports Section

Milchama Takes First Gold!

Millie Millitini won Milchama's first gold at the AOlympics winning the women's marathon in 2:28:06 over 3 minutes ahead of her nearest competitor from Banija. The win was Milchama's first gold of the AOlympics as well our first gold in marathon ever. Millitini's highest finish in internationals. Not that it's hard with the Isolation and all but Millitini had never won a marathon within Milchama until the qualifying race for the AOlympics earlier this year. Her ascent from 3rd best Milchamian to best in the region is one for the record books. As Millitini said after the race, "It's an honor to represent the country, it's an honor to be in the AOlympics, and it's an honor to win the gold. AHHHHHHH!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

The race was a long one and early Millitini seemed to be conserving energy being in the larger pack. She started to really go around mile 13 and while people kept on expecting her to fade around mile 20 but at that point she seemed to get a second wind, put in a huge kick, and then used that for victory. After the finish line, in a scene that will be repeated on Milchamian television for a long time, she collapsed, screamed into the sky and started crying from exhaustion and victory. The first Milchamian gold medal could not have come to a better person. Congratulations Millie!

In other news there was a lot. Milchama beat Sarzonia, who are quickly becoming a real rival after our first time where we barely faced them, in lacrosse 18-14 to get to the gold medal match. Widely considered an upset as the Stars had won the most recent Lacrosse World Championship the dogged and determined Warriors played an incredible match. Attacker Tehoka Nanticoke said, "We gave it all on the pitch today. We needed to play our best to beat a tough Sarzonian side and we did that. We knew it would all come down to transition and our transition goals were super important. Getting 6 goals in transition was really the difference." So the Warriors get another chance to go for gold in a sport that most Milchamians barely know about. Midfield Oran Horn talked about that saying, "It's exciting. One of the goals for us in the AOLC was to get more kids playing lacrosse and our ability to get to the gold medal match really does that. I think we can really spread the game to more people with this result." I know I'll be watching on Sunday and I hope you will be as well.

As for the main event, curling, it was a rip snorter. A very defensive game saw Millardson win 5-4 over Jovannic. After taking the hammer in the first end, Millardson seemed to believe the best way to win was to just hit. Getting blanks in the first four ends, including the first three ends where he started to bail with Demson as the second. The fifth end Millardson converted for two to finally move the scoreboard over. Jovannic came back with a 2 of their own leading to another blank end from Millardson who then was forced in 8 for a 3-2 lead. Jovannic came back with the best end of the game. Their skip hitting a runback double in the 7th shot to leave them lying two, both guarded. Millardson managed to nick one out to lie one but it was an easy hit and stick for two and a 4-3 Jovannic lead coming into the 10th end. Finally in the 10th end the draw game came out as Hirsch set up the end perfectly with two corner guards. A miss on the tick shot helped the Milchamians as then Demson's two sunk draws helped put Milchama on top in the end. While Jovannic was able to claim one double it looked unlikely to be able to take Milchama out of the two and it wasn't as Millardson had a simple draw to the four for two which he hit to send Milchama into the medal rounds.

While the first 5 ends were among the most boring curling ends possible, the end did justify the means as Millardson finally started to play after the 5th over the defensive nature of the play continued to confound observers. Millardson had been known as a draw team on the circuit and their sudden move to a hit team has been one of the big stories of this AOlympics. Especially after winning hammer in the first end you would have expected a typical Millardson response. Millardson averages more points in the first end than any other competitive team in Milchama and only had two blanks in the first end when winning the hammer in either the Mamluk qualifiers or the Sabra but in the quarterfinals of the AOlympics they suddenly got cold feet. Millardson blamed the ice conditions saying, "We can't predict the ice in the first end like at home. Remember we're playing on 11 second ice and it needs time to burn down before we can draw. It's a 3.2 or even 3.0 to the button in the first end. It makes no sense to try and play a draw until the pebble wears down a bit and we can get to actual draw weight times."

This continues the theme throughout the AOCC of the poor ice quality in Vilita and Turori. The tropical weather, the summer temperatures, and maybe the inexperience of the ice makers has combined to make some truly terrible ice. While that seems to have effected the results of some teams, more importantly, it seems to have influenced the strategy of many others. The over reliance of hits has been a huge feature of the AOCC and the defensive quality of the play really hit an inflection point in this quarterfinal. Baker Park relying on hits to beat Tropicorp and the number of audacious runbacks in Squornshelous v. Vilita and Turori was beyond the ridiculous. Hopefully the semifinals can provide better ice and better curling.

Until then Come on You Warriors!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports