NATION

PASSWORD

Independents Cup 13 OOC Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trolleborg
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Trolleborg » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:07 pm

Almost forgot to add myself!In

IAC Organising Committee
Attaché

Founded: Nov 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby IAC Organising Committee » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:09 pm

If you're signed up for this edition of IAC, and you have completed a previous IAC with any nation of yours, you are allowed to vote for the host of IAC-13. Please review the bids below, and consider which one you'd prefer.

Poafmersia
Trolleborg / Quintessence of Dust

Please send a telegram to THIS nation (IAC Organising Committee) with your selection. Your options are to award the hosting rights to Poafmersia, Trolleborg & Quintessence of Dust, or to Re-open Bidding.

To get things rolling along, I'll cut off Sunday night around Midnight EST. That's about 5 days from now.
This account is currently administered by Drawkland.
Please consult our discussion thread with questions or concerns.

Republic of Indian States
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Indian States » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:54 am

If the sign ups are still open, we would like to sign up.
IC name is Indian States.
IC denonym is Indian.

Roless
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Roless » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:22 am

If sign ups are still open, i sign up
the official signature of the funky badger of greatness.

Saterun
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 15, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Saterun » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:57 am

we are in
Gold Medals: Big Seven Nine Conference Tourny NSCAA 13|Plava Laguna Open Tour Doubles|Independent Associations Championship 20
Silver Medals: Women's World Cup 14|Jenna Raven Cup 1
Bronze Medals: Independent Associations Championship 19|Jenna Raven Cup 4

Я з Україною

IAC Organising Committee
Attaché

Founded: Nov 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby IAC Organising Committee » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:56 pm

Host voting results:

Poafmersia: 7
Trolleborg/QoD: 4

One vote was discarded because it was cast by an ineligible nation (they hadn't participated in a previous IAC). It looks like it wouldn't have made a difference anyhow.

With these results, Poafmersia has been awarded the hosting rights to IAC-13.

We now have 43 signups. Poafmersia shall determine where and when the number cutoff is, as the operation of this tournament is passed to them.
This account is currently administered by Drawkland.
Please consult our discussion thread with questions or concerns.

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:05 am

That's...really unexpected tbh. Would have really thought that I would narrowly lose because of a weird bidding method. But thanks for giving me the confidence in trying something new. I am aiming for the first fixtures release at approx. 9am PST/2pm BST/9pm AWST on the 16th, and for the first cutoff to be held in a week from now.

The next entry will be the last confirmed entry. I may choose to accept more teams should there be even numbers on the wait list; if there is no entry forthcoming, I will throw in a numbers puppet.

For the first stage (aggregated group stage) of the competition, 44 teams enter, only 32 teams will move on to the actual group stage. I am still waiting to see if Ome will update the ranks by the evening of 15th; if not I will likely self tabulate to determine the pots for the first stage. I don't think Poafmersia will fall out of the first pot; if they do fall out, there will not be a special place reserved for them.

The OP of the Everything thread will put out more details. If not, you can fall back to the bid, or ask them in the discussion thread/here. Thank you!

Everything thread
Last edited by PotatoFarmers on Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:13 am

Congrats. This is in no way pique, but I have as mentioned not really been feeling RPing QoD. If it makes it easier on you, I am willing to withdraw my signup as QoD. That might be preferable to throwing in a random numbers puppet.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Two kinds of pork in one soup? Bring it on. -- Christina Hendricks

Kencana
Secretary

Founded: Sep 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kencana » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:33 am

In

Tandeg Suci
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 09, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tandeg Suci » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:01 am

In it

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:00 am

Kencana is confirmed. Tandeg Suci will be placed on the waitlist, but we can see how many more signups we get before deciding whether to admit them. 46 teams is okay, though I would prefer 48 teams to avoid uneven pots.
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:47 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I have got some announcements to make:
1) Stage 1 Draw will be held in 8 hours time, at [ur=https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/soccer?p0=769&iso=20210716T1345&year=2021&month=7&day=16&hour=13&min=45&sec=0&msg=IAC13%20Stage%201%20Draw&csz=1l]1.45pm British Summer Time/8.45pm Australian Western Standard Time[/url], on the NS Sports Discord. It will merely be a placement draw, where the teams in the respective pots will be placed into the respective "team positions", based on the fixture list generated. The link to the fixture list is: https://bit.ly/NSSIAC13, for your reference. It will be published in full on the Original Post too, once the draw for Stage 1 is complete.
The pots will be confirmed at the draw, but I believe KitKat is updating (as we speak), the rankings used for the draw. They can be viewed here. Do note that we will be having 4 pots of 11 teams each. Which kind of brings me to the second point.

2) Clearing out the waitlist. During the pre-draw CTE check, it seems that there are no nations at risk of missing the tournament due to CTE. The closest is at 20 days, and that will mean they will survive the initial draw tonight. However, during the check, it has been brought to my attention that Pratapgadh currently resides in Esportiva, and that brings to us the following part of the Opening Post:
You may plan to move to the sporting regions in the future and participation in this tournament does not preclude that, although it would be considered extremely bad manners to do so at the time of participation. Note, even if you've participated in the IAC in the past, you cannot participate with us if you're currently residing in a Big Three region, especially if you've signed up for their tournament.

The user in question has been TGed to clarify on their current status. Should the user not respond by the start of the draw, Pratapgadh will be excluded, and Tandeg Suci will take their place in the tournament. Should the user respond, and move out of Esportiva to comply with the quote above, Tandeg Suci will unfortunately be unable to join us this time. I may consider throwing in a puppet should we get closer to 48 teams, but that would mean that the fixture list will be redrawn alongside the Stage 1 Draw later today.

Otherwise, you are free to post your rosters and first RPs in the everything thread.

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:51 pm

Would like to withdraw my sign-up as I have moved out of India to Esportiva.
Cricket Rankings
  • Test Cricket: 11th (out of 12)
  • ODI: 25th (out of 48)
  • T20I: 12th (out of 39)
Cricket Stats

Updated on 28 February, 2021 (15:51 NZT)
Sarvatra Vijay (Victory Everywhere)
Pratapgadh Domestic Sportswire

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:08 am

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=507510#Stage1

With the confirmation of the teams, and a smoothly conducted draw, the pots have been revealed, and the fixture list too! All the details have been updated in the OP, as above, except for the more IC-related details, which I will post within 48 hours.

Remember, only 32 teams out of 44 entrants make it to Stage 2. Good luck, and I will see you next Wednesday!

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:03 am

One more time from me again - I am sorry that the IC information hasn't been up as per scheduled. Microsoft has been getting too many print spooler patches - so much so that my computer had some issues after I patched the ones from Patch Tuesday.

I am still fixing it - ETA should be tomorrow morning in my time, and hopefully by midday (late night American time) I should hopefully get it done by then. So sorry for the incovenience.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports