NATION

PASSWORD

Jenna Raven Cup I/Women's World Cup 14 Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:22 pm

Close, but No Cigar

HUElavia get another draw where the team faces must-win situation entering the second-half of the Group Stage.

HUElavia 1-1 Baker Park
(Conti-Esposito 48' | Price 61')
(Estadio Nacional, Curumba)

The following is a post-match interview with Aurora Conti-Esposito, named Woman of the Match after the game.

Reporter: "Aurora, good evening, what a strong showing from you tonight, but tough luck for the team once again."
Conti-Esposito: "Thank you, good evening. It's been a difficult tournament so far, where we play decently, but our opponents have matched us in our play, and it hasn't been easy."

Reporter: "What did you think about the match?"
Conti-Esposito: "It was a challenging match, Baker Park has one of the best teams in the multiverse, they've made the World Cup in recent editions, and they show they can give anyone a run for their money. Us in the midfield were strong as we normally are, the defense has it's moments, but they helped prevent any more goals from coming in."

Reporter: "What is the plan for the next match?"
Conti-Esposito: "We need to regroup and get our mentality back, and give it our best for the next three matches. We're obligated to get victories in the coming three matches and give our supporters a fight to the very end. We're a determined group of women, and we want to make a name for ourselves in this tournament."

Reporter: "Thank you for your time Aurora."
Conti-Esposito: "Thank you for the questions."

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:08 pm

[OOC Host announcement:

It's been brought to my attention that I scorinated the incorrect matches for Group E Wednesday night.

In order to rectify this, I have scorinated the correct matches and will update the tables accordingly.

I apologize to anyone who may have been adversely affected by this mistake. No one who has accounted for the incorrect matches in roleplays will be penalised in any way.]

Group E
Galliena 1-2 Vangaziland
Kriegiersien 6
-2 St. Trinians

- Group E              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Kriegiersien 3 2 1 0 10 5 +5 7
2 Vangaziland 3 2 1 0 4 2 +2 7
3 St. Trinians 3 1 0 2 5 7 -2 3
4 Galliena 3 0 0 3 3 12 -9 0

Kriegiersien ahead of Vangaziland on overall goal differential as head-to-head result is level.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Tylastrona
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tylastrona » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:04 am

Tylastrona Sportsmagasinet

The perfect day turned into a horrible storm

Tylastrona 3-0 Banija
Kaori Riise (34') Kohana Nordby (51'; 88')

Atheara 5-0 Tylastrona
Ayera Livendottir (12' ; 45+1') Afierra Kiralski (67 ; 78' ; 90+2') / None

Line-ups of the two games
GK - Samantha Tsukomoki (Captain)
LB - Astrid Simas
CB - Kristine Anderssen
CB - Ann Watanabe
RB - Aiya Mjelde
CMD - Akako Asao
CMF - Isabel Stensland
CMF - Ena Amamiya
LW - Kaori Riise
RW - Kawa Itagaki
Forward - Kohana Nordby

Our very first win, who could believe it?! Everyone was happy and celebrating, Tylastrona was placed second, 3 goals, one scored on the first half by Riise and two scored on the second by Nordby. Tylastronian fans were believing in a good performance by the Tylastronian team, the girls were trying her best, and the support received at the Sporting Bergen Stadium was incredible!

But then, that faith we placed on the girls ruined... A terrible loss by 5-0 in Atheara homeground, our girls at the defense couldn't stop Livendottir from scoring two girls and Kiralski to make a hat-trick. Despite the terrible loss, which everyone said "that the girls were a bit distracted", the fans were amazed by the capacities of Atheara's team. The first round was over, now we going to the second round, Sarzonia will visit us at the Bergen FK stadium (32,000 capacity), one of the two stadiums picked for this phase.

We interviewed the coach, Hitomi Akizuwa and the captain and goalie - Samantha Tsukomoki. Both were sorry for the harsh loss Tylastrona faced but promised that they would do their best on the second round.
With this break between the rounds, Tylastrona walks on 3rd place with 3 points and a goal difference of minus 3 goals (3 GS, 6 GF).

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:01 pm

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independents sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Football Fallacies
with The Man from Markovsky

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS EVEN GOING ON IN HERE?

Hello and welcome to The Football Fallacies. Right, things are just unraveling right in front of me right now. The narrative is falling apart. Well, not really. The narrative could still come back into play depending on what happens in the next few days, but for right now, there is no narrative. For once, Abanhfleft came into a game of football as favorites and emerged as the runaway winners. For the naysayers, it's easy to say, "Oh, it's just Pratapgadh! We were always going to beat them every time!" Oh, really now!? Tell that to all the other times that Abanhfleft got beaten by the teams that we were supposed to beat easily! Football doesn't care about your beliefs or your opinions; if your team plays shit against a team that you're supposed to beat then you're just not gonna beat them! Simple as!

Look, Pratapgadh may have gone into this game thinking that they might just have a chance against us, but then Sohaila Magomedova scored that outrageous goal, and at that point the Pratapgadh players just realized that today wasn't going to be their day. You know exactly what goal I'm talking about. I'm talking about that attempted cross by Magomedova that missed every Fleftic head inside the box yet curved enough to bounce off of the underside of the crossbar and into the goal. The Pratapgadh keeper was able to yoink the ball away, but the goal-line technology said the ball was through so it was a goal. I've seen my fair share of bullshit goals scored against us, so to see one go our way was a bit of a schadenfreude moment, if I have to admit. The other three goals we scored were pretty much your run of the mill goals so I've got nothing to say about them, but I will say that if it weren't for Magomedova's opening goal, we probably wouldn't have seen ourselves score four past Pratapgadh.

So that's the first half of the Jenna Raven Cup group stage done and other with. Our next game is against Srednjaci, but this time we're playing them on our home soil, specifically IKEA Arena in Wanda City. We might be on a bit of a roll after two wins, but let's all not forget that Srednjaci already beat us the first time around. Sure, it was at their home stadium, but remember lads, we're playing in Wanda City. Any team that decides to call this place home almost always bottles championships, no matter what sport. Barring a few examples, of course, but generally, Wanda City is not a place where you go to win important games. So Srednjaci may still have a chance to beat us yet again.

Anyway, that's all that there is from me now. If you've got comments or thoughts of your own about the game against Pratapgadh, or predictions against Srednjaci, then feel free to leave them down below. Until then, I've been the Man from Markovsky, hoping I won't be disappointed in my country yet again.

ABANHFLEFT 4 - 0 PRATAPGADH
MAGOMEDOVA (11')
KELLERMAN (38')
VITAGLIANO (52')
JAXSON (86')
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Felinetopia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Felinetopia » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:27 pm

At the Feline Food Assocciation Headquarters in Purrlin

"With humans starting to visit the Feline world, we might have to consider expanding our cuisine" said FFA Director Catrot. "Based on the reports I'm hearing from Kampawla, a lot of humans are enjoying our cuisine but many want more plant-based foods in their meals. I know that many chefs around the world do not have experience with putting vegetables in our meals but we must start experimenting with adding fruits and vegetables into our meals"
"Sir, there are numerous fruits and vegetables that are toxic to many felines. I'm concerned about the risks that are chefs would take in this experimentation." said a concerned board member.
"Well, our agricultural colleges and universities do do some research on which spices our not toxic for us. It's probably not a stretch to extend that research to fruits and vegetables. We could reach out to chefs in the multiverse to find out if they have any knowledge on what's toxic to us as many of them have house cats as pets." Some of the house cats in the room bristled at the thought of being deprived of their freedom and being pets. "Additionally, I'm thinking of establishing a exchange program for chefs so that our Felines can learn about human cuisine and humans can learn how to cook meats better."
"I don't know how many chefs will take up that opportunity given how niche human cuisine will be in the Feline world." said a skeptical board member.
"That's true but it will be an important and growing niche as Felinetopia is opening up to human visitors and hosting sporting events like the Jenna Raven Cup. It can also expand our pawprint out into the multiverse and become well respected for our expertise in meat. Besides, I heard that humans aren't all that great at cooking game meats which all of us have good experience cooking." said Catrot
"When should we start this exchange program as starting it soon will be more beneficial for us than starting it latter." said Leeky, the Small Cat Food Association head.
"We should start setting up the framework but wait until we get more information about what plants are toxic to consume before opening the exchange program up but good point. Alright, on to our next topic: the preservation of hunting grounds."
Basically a Feline European Union
Demonym: Feline (Cats), Felinetopian (Government)
Member-Nations: Small Cat Alliance, Lynx Union, Cheetah Republic, Leopard's Dominion
Institutional Center (de facto capital): Purrlin
Cat Ages to Human Age Table
IAC 13 3rd Place

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:13 pm

We've waited long enough to get the second half of qualifying underway, so let's get this CUTOFF going!

Group A
Tylastrona 1-2 Sarzonia
Atheara 3
-1 Banija

- Group A              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Atheara 4 2 2 0 10 3 +7 8
2 Sarzonia 4 2 2 0 4 2 +2 8
3 Tylastrona 4 1 0 3 4 8 -4 3
4 Banija 3 0 2 2 2 7 -5 2

Atheara ahead of Sarzonia on total goal differential as head-to-head result is level.

Group B
Raspotochje 3-0 HUElavia
Baggieland 2-1 Baker Park

- Group B              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Raspotochje 4 3 0 1 8 2 +5 9
2 Baker Park 4 2 1 1 8 6 +2 7
3 Baggieland 4 1 1 2 7 8 -1 4
4 HUElavia 4 0 2 2 3 8 -5 2

Group C
Pratapgadh 1-2 Lisander
Abanhfleft 3
-1 Srednjaci

- Group C              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Abanhfleft 4 3 0 1 11 4 +7 9
2 Lisander 4 1 2 1 7 8 -1 5
3 Pratapgadh 4 1 1 2 7 11 -4 4
4 Srednjaci 4 1 1 2 6 8 -2 4

Pratapgadh ahead of Srednjaci on head-to-head result.

Group D
Eshialand 5-0 Kohnhead
Felinetopia 4-1 Saterun

- Group D              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Eshialand 4 3 1 0 13 5 +8 10
2 Saterun 4 2 0 2 10 10 0 6
3 Felinetopia 4 2 0 2 7 7 0 6
4 Kohnhead 4 0 1 3 7 15 -8 1

Saterun ahead of Felinetopia on total goals scored as the first three tiebreakers are level.

Group E
St. Trinians 1-1 Galliena
Kriegiersien 4-2 Vangaziland

1 Kriegiersien 4 3 1 0 14 7 +7 10
2 Vangaziland 4 2 1 1 6 6 0 7
3 St. Trinians 4 1 1 2 6 8 -2 4
4 Galliena 4 0 1 3 4 13 -9 1

Group F
Equestria 0-1 Pascafia
Sarzoclava 2
-0 Hebitaka

- Group F              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Sarzoclava 4 4 0 0 11 1 +10 12
2 Pascafia 4 1 2 1 6 9 -3 5
3 Equestria 4 1 0 3 4 6 -2 3
4 Hebitaka 4 0 1 3 2 7 -5 1

NOTE: Sarzoclava have become the first team to clinch a spot in the knockout rounds. They also have an insurmountable lead for the Group F title.
Last edited by Sarzonia on Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Atheara
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheara » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:07 am

Leading Through A Narrow Thread

Type: Game Review, Interview
Time: After MD 4

Atheara 3 - 1 Banija
Lille Danshouvera (34' ; 67) Mediya Peterov - Trenska (81') / Unknown (56')

The Original 11 finally get a win, against Banija nonetheless. With this good performance, it is likely Atheara will be going through to the next stage of the tournament. Their last two matches will be against Sarzonia and Tylastrona. The gam started out with Banija having the ball, but they were unable to creat major chances or start a lead. In the 34th Minute, Lille Danshouvera was able to score a brace past the Banijan defense and gtoalkeeper, giving Atheara a valuable lead. This lead would last until the 56th minute, where Banija was able to score a freekick to equalise the score. Lille would actually help Atheara retake the lead with a header in the 67th minute. And to seal the whole deal, Mediya Peterov - Trenska scored a freekick of her own on the 81st minute.

Anandria was pleased with the current results. Matchday 5 would actually be a vital turning point. If Atheara vs Sarzonia ends in a draw, and Banija wins against Tylastrona, it is likely that Atheara and Sarzonia would seal qualification. This is just theorizing on the possible results, but in the end, a theory is in fact a theory. But it is a possible result. Now where was she?

Oh yeah. Starting 11. Since the game against Sarzonia is either a draw or must win for sealing qualifiers, she decided to keep the same Starting 11. However, substitutions are a full guarantee.
Irena Svaneska (25 Y/O, GK)
Olivia Rivendottir (26 Y/0, RB)
Alexandra Neier - Heitsdel (27 Y/O, CB)
Diana Kurettengard (26 Y/O, CB)
Rena Lyanol - Hastens (24 Y/O, LB)
Leona Acrelia - Litsenhower (24 Y/O, DMF)
Jennifer Innings (25 Y/O, DMF)
Afierra Kiralski (27 Y/O, CMF)
Erna Linotrovski (26 Y/O, CMF)
Mediya Peterov - Trenska (24 Y/O, CMF)
Lille Danshouvera (27 Y/O, CF)

She had decided to also do an interview. Why? Because the media asks for one. Athearan media arenot forcing, but many times a bit tedious. If this interview can calm down the Athearan hype, then she would gladly do an interview. The only question is who is giving the interview? Certainly someone who is already invested in news reporting, and someone who keeps an eye on football.

????? : Welcome to the interview, Ms. Anandria.
Anandria : No, Anandria is fine, sire.
????? : Ah yes. Sorry about that. Anyway, let's get to the point. Any opinions for Atheara vs Sarzonia?
Anandria : I have no idea, but i am a bit certain that the Frozen Regiment can take the win from the Stars.
????? : A bit confident, no? Anyways, second question. Do you think Atheara can win the Jenna Raven?
Anandria : That is a bit debatable. We have the Sarzonian Stars as i mentioned, they can win the whole thing. The Eshialand Owls also have good chances of taking this all for themselves. Raspotochje has been the surprise of the tournament with Sarzoclava, they have decent chances too. Two other teams are Abanhfleft and Baker Park, but that's a bit theorizing, no?
????? : Very good speculation. Now, third question. What do you think of the two forward switch system you use for your forwards?
Anandria : Certainly effective when needed. It's just not needed for now.
????? : Vague, but honest. Final question, what are your intentions for the team?
Anandria : For the team to win. Nothing more, nothing less. That's all you have to ask, no?
????? : Yes. This interview is adjourned.

Prepare for Sarzonia, once again.
A T H E A R A | A N A I A
"I'm not sure about being as obvious as other people."
Football
Jenna Raven Cup I Champions!
3rd in the 75th Baptism of Fire!

Ice Hockey
3rd in the 19th World Junior Hockey Championships!
Ro32 in the 47th World Cup of Hockey
If you were wondering, the girl on my flag is Vill V from Honkai Impact 3rd. Your welcome.

Eshialand
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Eshialand » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:35 am

The Return
Eshialand 5-0 Kohnhead

GK #13 Elizabeth MICHAELS, 22
LB #6 Clara DONALDSON, 25
LCB #20 Dominique LaPLANTE, 26
RCB #3 Lisa DEVERS, 28
RB #8 Sarah SILVER, 30
LM #4 Harriet COPELAND, 26
RM #12 Melissa CAREY, 28 (CAPTAIN)
LW #9 Alyssa LONGFIELD, 27
AM #19 Avery MacDOUGALL, 27
RW #7 Faith KRUPP, 23
ST #24 Alice CARROLL, 23

"Look, I know we're not as good as Buffalo is..."
"C'mon Coach, don't beat around the bush. We're last and Buffalo's first."

Coach Kenneth Morgan couldn't avoid the truth in striker Jake Harran's comment. The Eshialand City Royals were 2-6-10, whereas Buffalo Niagara FC was 10-4-4. Their match, now mere hours away, was set to be an absolute farce.

One has to wonder how a team that was so good on paper, with two NT stars and the coach who led those stars to a Baptism of Fire championship just nine short months before, was tanking so hard when they actually took to the pitch. Was this somehow his fault, or was it just bad luck?

"Okay, so they may be better than us, but when has that ever stopped us? With enough hard work, I'm sure you'll be able to win!"

RING! RING!

"Hold on, I have to get this..."
"Wait, you're taking a phone call? Now?"
"Relax Jake," defender George Habisbrauer reassured him, "it has to be important if he's taking it right now."

Coach Morgan walked across the pitch and out of earshot before picking up. "Melissa?"
"Hi Coach! So, um... ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND??"
"I'm sorry?"
"You're still the president of the Eshialand Soccer Federation, right?"
"Interim, but yes."
"So you okayed that psycho Monaghan??"
"She was the most qualified woman for the job, why wouldn't I?"
"So you thought that just because we're the women's team, that we have to be coached by a woman?"
"I'm sorry?"
"Monaghan was absolutely insufferable! We actually had to leave her behind in Felinetopia just so we could get away from her!"
"Wait, what?"
"Yeah! We need an actual coach, and now!"
"You just think that I can drop everything and coach your team?"
"Look, you're the only coach who could possibly help us who this thing."
"Fine, I'll be in Cincinnati tomorrow morning."

Coach Morgan walked back across the pitch to "explain" the phone call to his team.

"Listen, I've got a thing coming up, so I might have to miss a few matches... I can still coach for you tonight though!"

"I understand," Jake replied, "but make sure to tell Alice I said hi!" It was safe to say that he had heard everything.

"Will do!"

The next day, the Eshialand Women's Team was nervously awaiting the arrival of their new coach. Melissa said that he promised to be there in the morning, so where in the world was he?

Then, with only half an hour to spare, Coach Morgan arrived at the Southern Sportsplex. "I'm sorry I'm late!! The Royals managed to beat Buffalo 4-3, so we all stayed up celebrating that, and my flight got delayed thanks to a sudden blizzard in Eshialand City..."

"No need to explain yourself Coach," Melissa replied, "it's just good to see you again. C'mon, I'll introduce you to the rest of the team."

"Oh, before I forget, Alice?"
"Mmhmm?"
"Jake told me to tell you that he still loves you and can't wait to finally spend some time with you again."

Alice didn't say a word, but her blush said everything.

Eventually, the whistle blew, and the match began. And, well... it didn't stay competitive for long, as Faith received a beautiful pass from Melissa as early as the 8th minute. Her subsequent shot was saved, but the ball found its way to Alice, who headed it in to make it 1-0.

Then, in the 15th minute, REDACTED drew a yellow card by bumping Lisa too hard when she tried to get past her, and Alice easily scored the penalty kick. 2-0.

The scoring them calmed down somewhat, with the score remaining 2-0 until halftime, but when the second half began, the scoring floodgates reopened.

In the 51st minute, Avery swiped the ball from REDACTED and immediately passed to Faith, who made it 3-0.

The 73rd minute saw the score go to a ridiculous 4-0, as Harriet stole the ball from REDACTED, passing it to Alyssa, who them passed to Alice, who finished the hat trick.

Even if the scoring stopped there, that would tie the co-ed team's record for largest margin of victory... but it didn't. In the 86th minute, Dominique stole the ball from a rogue Kohnheadian forward. She passed it all the way up to Avery, who ran up to the goal and made it 5-0. 5-0.

This score broke the co-ed team's margin of victory record, and tied the Jenna Raven Cup record set by Atheara against Tylastrona. A score this ridiculous had never happened to them before and would likely never happen again. If the team needed any proof that they absolutely deserved the results they were getting, it was this.

Eshialand - 5 (Carroll 8', 15' (pen.), 73'; Krupp 51'; MacDougall 86')
Kohnhead - 0
Last edited by Eshialand on Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anything I say is IC unless proven otherwise by a court of law.

(he/him/any/all)

Saterun
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 15, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Saterun » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:04 am

2-2 for the Claws on their first international tournament.

Saterun's Women's Team has had surprising success in their first tournament. Winning against both Felinetopia and Kohnhead, they now have the second spot.
Gold Medals: Big Seven Nine Conference Tourny NSCAA 13|Plava Laguna Open Tour Doubles|Independent Associations Championship 20
Silver Medals: Women's World Cup 14|Jenna Raven Cup 1
Bronze Medals: Independent Associations Championship 19|Jenna Raven Cup 4

Я з Україною

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:08 am

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independents sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Football Fallacies

REVENGE OF THE COMEBACK?!

Hello and welcome to The Football Fallacies. Right, so I've just noticed that this Jenna Raven Cup thing is going down an eerily familiar path, and I'm not so sure that I really like where this is going. Oh, you don't know or remember what I'm talking about? Okay, let me just jog your bastard memory with four simple words: World Cup of Masters. Oh, doesn't that just bring up a lot of good memories? Oh, what's that, you say? "Those memories are not good at all, Man from Markovsky!" Well, of course they shouldn't be! We bloody lost in the first bastard round of the knockouts after bloody storming through the bastard group stage! And I am afraid that I am going to be rightfully afraid that we're about to go down the same bloody path once again. You wanna know I got to thinking about this again? It's because we got our revenge against Srednjaci. Yes, I know it sounds weird, but hear me out for just a moment before going off on me in the comments section, okay?

So we all know that Srednjaci got the jump on us on the very first day of the Jenna Raven Cup. Of course it's saddening and a bit maddening that we lost because as fans, we always want our team to win every single fucking game. Of course, that's simply not possible all the time, but most of the time, you want your team to win. And that's non-negotiable. So Srednjaci beat us. Of course I was angry, but a part of me knew that we would have a chance to get our revenge in the reverse fixture. Thank goodness for the reverse fixtures or else I might be ruing that opening day loss more than I already am. The only real problem I had with the reverse fixture for Srednjaci was that we were going to hold it at the IKEA Arena in Wanda City. I've already said that that city, nay, the whole of Wanda Island has some bad sports juju that means every single team that's based there has a guaranteed shot at blowing either their regular season or their playoff hopes. I can't remember all the times that Abanhfleft played a friendly or a qualifier in Wanda City, but I'm pretty sure we didn't get a lot of joy in those games.

So when Davida Zimmer scored the opening goal of the game, I was just about ready to punch my laptop's screen. There were plenty of other perfectly serviceable venues in the Capital Islands where our team wouldn't have to go through any of that classic Wanda Island bottlejob luck. There's San Roque Park in Malabon or Bombers Park in Effelenendro. Plenty of other places where we could have played this game other than Wanda City. But yet here we are. And when Hiroko Kellerman had what should have been the equalizer chalked off for a very marginal offside that even the most incompetent SFA referee would have decided in favor of the attacker, I just had that sinking feeling that it was going to be one of those days. You know, the one where we have the lion's share of chances but for some reason or another, we just can't convert? Yeah, this day looked like it was gonna go that way. Well, to be fair, that was certainly the way that the first half went. Then for some reason, the football gods decided to smile down upon us and opened up the floodgates, and soon we were banging in the goals. Those goals were just your standard run-of-the-mill goals, nothing spectacular, but given how much and how loudly our fans were cheering those goals, you would be forgiven for thinking that we were scoring golazos here and there, but no. All three goals of ours were just tap-ins, girls being in the right place at the right time. But we were doing much the same thing in the first half and yet except for Hiroko's "offside" goal, the girls couldn't put the ball in the back of the net.

Anyway, that's all that there is for me. If you've got any comments or thoughts of your own about the Srednjaci return leg or predictions about our coming trip to Lisander then feel free to leave them down below. Until then, I've been the Man from Markovsky, still hoping that there will be a time when I truly won't be disappointed in my country.

ABANHFLEFT 3 - 1 SREDNJACI
ROOS (53') ZIMMER (25')
KELLERMAN (63')
TOS (79')

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:56 am

Brenda Allison had reason to smile after the Sarzonian women's national football team earned their second victory of the Jenna Raven Cup.

The Stars earned a 2-1 away decision over Tylastrona allowing them to keep pace with Atheara, which knocked off Banija 3-0 and turned Group A into essentially a two-team race for the group title.

"I'm very proud of the grit this team has shown ever since I got here," Allison said. "This team has incredible fight in it and you get to see that every time they play."

Jolene Walter-Campos got the Stars on the scoresheet first in the ninth minute after a cross into the box from midfielder Lois Robinson caromed off Tylastrona defender Aiya Mjelde to her right boot. She controlled the ball and fired past goalkeeper Samantha Tsukomoki.

The lead would only last three minutes as Stars defender Clara Hawley mishit a clear attempt and it bounced to midfielder Ena Amamiya. She sent a through ball into the area right to the forehead of striker Kohana Nordby. Nordby blasted a shot past Stars keeper Marce' George to draw the score level. It would stay that way until the 86th minute.

Allison made an offensive substitution to start the second half, sending out forward Pietra Stanicek for defender Tara Stanley. Allison told the media following the match her choice to not bench Hawley was "deliberate for the exact reason you said," when a reporter asked her if leaving Hawley in was an attempt to show faith in the veteran defender.

That decision paid dividends as Hawley won an attempted through ball into the box and fired a long ball that found midfielder Winnie Taunton, who eluded her mark and blistered a shot from outside the 18-yard box into the net past Tsukomoki.

Taunton's marker silenced the boisterous crowd that was eagerly anticipating robbing the Stars of two badly-needed points in the Group A table, but it was Sarzonia who prepared to face Atheara with the group title and the direct bid to the quarterfinals on the line at Nottingham Pavilion in Sarzonia's final home match of the group stage.

Sarzoclava, the joint Sarzonian-Delaclav colony, became the first team to qualify for the knockout rounds, earning a spot directly into the quarterfinals with an unblemished 4-0-0 record.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:02 pm

We're getting close to the end of the group stage. We already know one team in the knockout rounds. Will other teams join Sarzoclava? Let's find out after this CUTOFF!

Group A
Sarzonia 2-1 Atheara
Banija 0-3 Tylastrona

1 Sarzonia 5 3 2 0 6 3 +3 11 G
2 Atheara 5 2 2 1 11 5 +6 8
3 Tylastrona 5 2 0 3 7 8 -1 6
4 Banija 5 0 2 3 2 10 -8 2 E

Sarzonia have won the group because they have the head-to-head tiebreaker over Atheara (1-1-0 record). Banija are eliminated from knockout round contention.

Group B
HUELavia 5-1 Baggieland
Baker Park 5-2 Raspotochje

1 Baker Park 5 3 1 1 13 8 +5 10 Q
2 Raspotochje 5 3 0 2 10 5 +5 9 Q

3 HUElavia 5 1 2 2 8 9 -1 5 E
4 Baggieland 5 1 1 3 8 13 -5 4 E

Baker Park and Raspotochje have both qualified for the knockout rounds.

Group C
Lisander 3-1 Abanhfleft
Srednjaci 2-0 Pratapgadh

1 Abanhfleft 5 3 0 2 12 7 +5 9
2 Lisander 5 2 2 1 10 9 +1 8
3 Srednjaci 5 2 1 2 8 8 0 7
4 Pratapgadh 5 1 1 3 7 13 -6 4

Pratapgadh are eliminated from knockout round contention.

Group D
Kohnhead 1-1 Felinetopia
Saterun 1-Eshialand 4

1 Eshialand 5 4 1 0 17 6 +11 13 G
2 Felinetopia 5 2 1 2 8 8 0 7
3 Saterun 5 2 0 3 11 14 -3 6
4 Kohnhead 5 0 2 3 8 16 -8 2 E

Eshialand have clinched the group title. Kohnhead are eliminated from knockout round contention.

Group E
Galliena 5-4 Kriegiersien
Vangaziland 4-0 St. Trinians

1 Kriegiersien 5 3 1 1 18 12 +6 10 Q
2 Vangaziland 5 3 1 1 10 6 +4 10 Q

3 St. Trinians 5 1 1 3 6 12 -6 4 E
4 Galliena 6 1 1 3 9 17 -8 4 E

Kriegiersien ahead of Vangaziland on head-to-head results. Both teams have qualified for the knockout rounds. St. Trinians ahead of Galliena on head-to-head results. Both teams have been eliminated from knockout round contention.

Group F
Pascafia 2-0 Sarzoclava
Hebitaka 3-1 Equestria

1 Sarzoclava 5 4 0 1 11 3 +8 12 G
2 Pascafia 5 2 2 1 8 9 -1 8 Q
3 Equestria 5 1 0 4 5 9 -4 3 E
4 Hebitaka 5 1 1 3 5 8 -3 4 E

NOTE: Sarzoclava have won the group. Pascafia have qualified for the Playoff Round.
Last edited by Sarzonia on Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eshialand
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Eshialand » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:48 pm

Dominance?
Saterun 1-4 Eshialand

GK Zoe LAGUNA
D Natalia SANZ
D Vanessa MONROU
D Abby JOGADOR
D Meghan RICHOU
M Emily STONEHILL
M Josephine CONDORA
M Marta CABRERA
M Evie DORODAGO
F Aika HYAKI
F Mabel WESTUR
RCB #3 Lisa DEVERS, 28
RB #8 Sarah SILVER, 30
RW #7 Faith KRUPP, 23
ST #24 Alice CARROLL, 23

"So, I'm not really sure what to do with you. I mean, you seem like a perfect team, how could I possibly help you?"
"I'm sure there's something you could help us with..." Sarah told Coach Morgan. "There's always something we can do better!"
"No, I legitimately can't find anything. I can't help what doesn't need helping, and you don't need any help!"

Such was the conversation on the flight to Saterun. With a 3-1-0 record, who could blame Coach for not thinking there was anything wrong? In the end, he could only give the team one piece of advice.

"Just train on what you think you need to train. Has your shooting felt a bit off lately? Then work on that. Do you think you need to practice passing? Great, then do that. You know better than anyone else what you need to work on, so you should do what feels right. Just remember: we're not here to win, we're here to have fun."

The team wasn't really too sure what to make of the advice to "train what feels right" at first, but they figured out soon enough exactly what they needed to work on, and come the match day against Saterun, they felt more ready than they had ever been.

The whistle blew, the match started, and everything started falling into place almost immediately. The Owls weren't scoring immediately as they were against Kohnhead, but their play sent one simple message to the Claws: they were going to dominate the entire match.

The scoring finally began in the 32nd minute, as Mabel Westur lost the ball to Dominique. She passed the ball to Melissa, and she ran it up to the goal, easily beating Zoe Laguna. What Melissa had been working on was her shooting, as it had suffered a bit under Coach Monaghan's "strategies". Her shot was an absolute beauty, hitting the top corner of the goal seemingly effortlessly. It was everything a goal should have been.

Saterun was able to tie it up in the 40th as Aika Hyaki eluded Lisa and squeaked a shot past Elizabeth. It was a bit sneaky, but an extremely clean goal.

The second half, once again, was when the floodgates opened for Eshialand. The 48th minute saw a goal from Alice, off of a nice pass from Alyssa, who had been working on her passes in training. Coach's unorthodox strategy of "train what feels right" seemed to be going well. Who could've figured...

In the 67th minute, the Owls made it 1-3 off of an unassisted goal by Avery, and in the 78th, Alice made it 1-4, which the score stood at at the end of the match.

How could they possibly celebrate this win, which brought them to 4-1-0? Simple. They simply shared some laughs over dinner back at their hotel.

Saterun - 1 (Hyaki 40')
[b]Eshialand - 4 (Carey 32'; Carroll 48', 78'; MacDougall 67')

"Hello and welcome back to ENN Tournament Report, I'm your host Josh Seametzle. So, here we are, 5 matches in to the group stage of the Jenna Raven Cup, and I'm not too sure what to make of what's been going on. Do I need to explain why? If you think I do, here's the ranking of every team in the tournament."

-  Jenna Raven Cup      Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Eshialand 5 4 1 0 17 6 +11 13 G
2 Sarzoclava 5 4 0 1 11 3 +8 12 G
3 Sarzonia 5 3 2 0 6 3 +3 11 G

4 Kriegiersien 5 3 1 1 18 11 +7 10 Q
5 Baker Park 5 3 1 1 13 8 +5 10 Q
6 Vangaziland 5 3 1 1 10 6 +4 10 Q

7 Abanhfleft 5 3 0 2 12 7 +5 9
8 Raspotochje 5 3 0 2 10 7 +3 9 Q
9 Atheara 5 2 2 1 11 5 +6 8
10 Lisander 5 2 2 1 10 9 +1 8
11 Pascafia 5 2 2 1 8 9 -1 8 Q
12 Felinetopia 5 2 1 2 8 8 0 7
Srednjaci 5 2 1 2 8 8 0 7
14 Tylastrona 5 2 0 3 7 8 -1 6
15 Saterun 5 2 0 3 11 14 -3 6
16 HUElavia 5 1 2 2 8 9 -1 5 E
17 Hebitaka 5 1 1 3 5 8 -3 4 E
18 Equestria 5 1 1 3 5 9 -4 4 E
19 Galliena 5 1 1 3 8 13 -5 4 E
20 Pratapgadh 5 1 1 3 7 13 -6 4 E
21 St. Trinian's 5 1 1 3 6 12 -6 4 E
22 Baggieland 5 1 1 3 7 14 -7 4 E
23 Kohnhead 5 0 2 3 8 16 -8 2 E
24 Banija 5 0 2 3 2 10 -8 2 E

"So, this is certainly interesting. Teams like Banija, Equestria, and HUElavia are eliminated, but there's a big number 1 next to our name? I'm absolutely lost for words at what the Eshian Women's Team has been able to do so far in the tournament, and I'm pretty sure Karsten has been unconscious for the past 3 matches because he thought they'd never go anywhere... but I digress. We have to look to the future."

"The Owls' next match is going to be against Felinetopia, which is expected to be a win, but they only need a draw to guarantee passage to the quarterfinals. After that, who knows what could happen? Nobody knows who Eshialand may face in the knockouts, but I'm sure they'll be up for whoever it may be."

"Until next time, I've been a flabbergasted Josh Seametzle, and this has been Tournament Report."
Last edited by Eshialand on Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

(he/him/any/all)

Pascafia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 03, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Pascafia » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:39 pm

Calm During The Storm

Type: Game Review
Time: After MD5

Equestria 0 - 1 Pascafia
None / Amari Parta Obolo (56')

Pascafia 2 - 0 Sarzoclava
Lani Andari Nata (23' ; 78') / None

No one can believe it. Pascafia qualifies for the next stage of the Jenna Raven Cup. Right before the second half Pascafia was third with only two points to their name. Now? they were qualified. The deciding match was the one against Sarzoclava, but the match against Equestria was also a vital turning point. Pascafia now has the same record as Atheara, being 2 - 2 - 1. During the match against Equestria, which was a 0 - 1 win, Amari had scored a tap in through an open net. Everything in that match was perfect. They spent their training after the match focusing on defense and goalkeeping. This would pay off, big time. As they went on to win 2 - 0.

Lani was starting, because of the rotation system. She would score a brace at the 23rd minute, besting Raisa. She would then score a freekick in the 78th minute. Which would be the final score of the match. Akena was surprised, to say the least. She didn't expect that the team can go this far. Pascafia would be considered a "black sheep" team for the Jenna Raven. They are very much unexpected, as it's hard to predict anything when Pascafia is involved.

Last game is against Hebitaka, and this is the Starting 11.
17 Elana Samero (27 Y/O, GK)
29 Melana Fafen Onari (26 Y/O, RB)
85 Anela Istrina Laleya (24 Y/O, CB)
44 Hena Zanazi Lipen (26 Y/O, CB)
8 Saneya Garantilo (25 Y/O, LB)
35 Lila Sarawi Olare (25 Y/O, DMF)
48 Fenola Kantari Zairo (27 Y/O, CMF)
99 Ferisa Erantila (25 Y/O, CMF, Captain)
17 Serofi Ohana Manorita (24 Y/O, CMF)
1 Hanase Ipora Nanta (26 Y/O, SS)
92 Lani Andari Nata (24 Y/O, CF)
Puppet of Atheara

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:50 am

The crowd of 17,936 that showed up to Nottingham Pavilion for the final home match for the Sarzonian women's national football team were treated to one of the best shows imaginable.

Sarzonia officially punched their ticket to the knockout rounds with a 2-1 victory over Atheara and clinched the Group A title by virtue of winning the head-to-head tiebreaker with the win and an earlier draw on Matchday 2.

The Stars (3-2-0) won the group in spite of their offence scoring just six goals, fewest of the teams that have already clinched their place in the knockout rounds. The only other team with fewer than 10 goals among the eight that have qualified for the knockouts is Pascafia, who have scored eight and conceded nine. The Stars are level with Sarzoclava for fewest goals conceded among teams in the Jenna Raven Cup with three. The Suns already clinched a spot in the knockout rounds on Matchday 4.

That renders the final match of the group stage against archrivals Banija meaningless in terms of the Group A tables, but manager Brenda Allison quickly dismissed the notion that the match was meaningless.

"It's a rivalry," she said. "We're 1-1-1 lifetime against the Wanawake Kadongo Kamu," she said. "We want to get a leg up on that team."

When the Fleftic referee blew the final whistle three quick blasts, the Stars players converged on the pitch for a subdued celebration of their accomplishment, but the crowd's boisterous reaction soon saw the team run to the stands to celebrate with the supporters. Jolene Walter-Campos and Lois Robinson both notched goals in the 23rd and 40th minutes respectively to answer the Athearan tally from Ayera Livendottir in the 17th minute.

"It was another tight match," goalkeeper Marcé George said. She made five saves in the match. "We expected that from this team."

Now, the Stars will watch as Atheara (2-2-1) battle Tylastrona (2-0-3) for the second Group A berth in the knockout rounds. A win or a draw would send that team through; in fact, a defeat by five goals or less would send Atheara into the knockouts. But Walter-Campos said she wasn't thinking about that match at all.

"We're focused on beating Banija," she said. "I don't care if they're in last among the teams in the overall tables. They're our archrivals. We want to beat the shit out of them."

Allison agreed.

"We're not changing our lineup to give the depth players playing time," she said. "I never liked the concept of taking your foot off the gas under normal circumstances. But when we're playing an archrival, I definitely don't like giving away points."

The Stars are also fighting for one of the four automatic spots in the quarterfinals. Only the top four group winners earn that bye. The bottom two group winners join the group runners up in the Playoff Round. Allison said that was "a factor" in her decision to play the normal starting 11, but added that Banija "was a more important factor."
Last edited by Sarzonia on Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:19 am

JENNA RAVEN CUP- WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 14

HOPES ARE STILL ALIVE

IVAN BOŽIĆ : Dear viewers, welcome to the show dedicated to women's football. Our football team plays well, although they are not very lucky. After several difficult matches, our football team is in third place in its group. We must emphasize that this is also the most equal group.
So let's go in order.

Abanhfleft 3-1 Srednjaci
ROOS (53') ZIMMER (25')
KELLERMAN (63')
TOS (79')

Tough away game against an extremely strong opponent. The match between two extremely strong teams in Wanda City was of high quality. The match can be divided into the dominance of our football players in the first half and the absolute dominance of domestic football players in the second half. The first half was marked by Srednjaci. A brilliant combination in the field and the absolute control of the game resulted in Davida Zimmer's scoring in the 25th minute of the game. The home team had their chances and the best was Hiroko Kellerman when she shook the net but it was an obvious offside.The goal was annulled.
Petra Marinović hit the crossbar in the 41st minute of the game. The home goalkeeper also took a few shots off Hana Vučemilović and Viktorija Terzić.
In the second half, the home team started using more pitches and putting pressure. However, our defense had a hard time kicking the ball out. The home team managed to score goals because our defensive players reacted badly and every time a cleared ball would reach the Abanhfleft footballers. From such positions fell three goals of the home team, we would say "at the right time in the right place". But if there was no pressure, such a thing would not have happened at all.
Absolute precisions of Roos in the 53rd minute, Kellerman in the 63rd minute and Tos in the 79th minute pushed our team to last place in the group.

Srednjaci 2-0 Pratapgadh
38' Petra Marinović, Assist Davida Zimmer (1:0)
59' Veronika Satara, assist Leona Jurković

In the first game, an objectively weaker opponent surprised us, punished all our misses and won. It was time for revenge. The venue is the National Stadium in Katanija. We knew we were better, we know we have individual quality. These are all known facts as they were known in the first game we lost. If we screw up this game now, there is no going back.
From the first referee's whistle to the last, our footballers were far better on the field. The guests had only one shot in the first half . There were opportunities for our footballers.
The first in the 8th minute when the shot of Hana Vučemilović, the defensive player clears from the goal line! Unbelievable, that luck does not accompany us again. Then amazing Davida Zimmer's shot goal keeper of Pratapgadh with fingertips manage to defend and turn into a corner. Petra Marinović shoots with a header from 9 meters and hits the right post.
And then finally a goal in the 38th minute. Davida Zimmer, with her speed and quality, completely eliminated three home players from the game. Petra Marinović remained uncovered, passing Zimmer towards Marinović and it was a score for 1:0.
The second goal was long overdue. Hana Vučemilović was replaced in the 53rd minute by Veronika Satara. It was Satara who scored a great goal assisted by Leona Jurković in the 59th minute.
When the line was drawn, it should have been 5: 0 minimum, but it ended with three new points for ours and we stayed in the game for placement in the knockout phase.

KATANIJA : NATIONAL STADIUM " BLUE OYSTER"
AT. : 63,652 SPECTATORS

KATANIJA

AGAINST LISANDER FOR THE KNOCK OUT ROUNDS

The day of decision is ahead of us. Although we outplayed Lisander in the first match as well, we failed to win. It won't be easy in this match either. A difficult and even match is expected at the national stadium in Katanija. We know how Lisander plays and where we are in danger. We need to be more compact in defense and much more precise in attacking lines. Lisander is a team that can play a great game and they showed it against Abanhfleft. The pressure is on our team because only victory takes us further. Lisander also needs a point to pass to knockout stage. The assumption is that they will also play at that point that would lead them to the nockout stage.

Group C              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Abanhfleft 5 3 0 2 12 7 +5 9
2 Lisander 5 2 2 1 10 9 +1 8
3 Srednjaci 5 2 1 2 8 8 0 7
4 Pratapgadh 5 1 1 3 7 13 -6 4

There will be a lot of loud home fans. It was never the turn to buy a ticket like now. The line was 3 kilometers long. It’s amazing how much attention the game against Lisander attracted.

FANS on game vs Pratapgadh

Three kilometer line
Last edited by Srednjaci on Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raspotochje
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Raspotochje » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:16 am

KOTIGA DAILY NEWS - SPORT

JENNA RAVEN CUP- WOMEN'S WORLD CUP

RASPOTOCHJE TEAM IS QULIFIED TO KNOCKOUT STAGE

Group B
Baker Park 5-2 Raspotochje

Although we suffered a defeat away from Copper Park, our football team qualified further to the knockout phase. The home players were convincingly better throughout the match and deservedly took the victory.
This is also the first big competition of one of our football teams. Raspotochje presented itself in a good light.
A good team for the Olympics agrees and we believe we will be even better at the Olympics.

[pre]PLAYING SQUAD

LINE UP

GK Mihaela Bošnjak- 26 y - NK Kotiga

LB Kristina Polčec - 23 y - NK Višnjevac
CB Sanja Ratanović- 26 y - NK Plava Laguna - Srednjaci League
CB Tea Radišić- 27 y - NK Kotiga
RB Kornelija Višek - 25 y - NK Dvori

CDM Blanka Štošić- 25 y- NK Pionir Podgora - Srednjaci League

LW Rada Olujović- 24 y - NK Dotivija City - Dotivian League, 47' assist
RW Nadica Štampar- 19 y- NK Mladost Kotiga

CF Laura Trešković- 25 y - NK Višnjevac 68' ASSIST

ST Sunara Bjelova- 24 y - NK Kotiga 47' GOAL
ST Roberta Tadić- 25 y - NK Mladost Kotiga 68' GOAL

Group B              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Baker Park 5 3 1 1 13 8 +5 10 Q
2 Raspotochje 5 3 0 2 10 5 +5 9 Q
3 HUElavia 5 1 2 2 8 9 -1 5 E
4 Baggieland 5 1 1 3 8 13 -5 4 E
Last edited by Raspotochje on Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:48 am

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Football Fallacies

REVENGE OF THE COMEBACK PART 2!?

Hello and welcome to The Football Fallacies. Right, now things are getting really, really weird. First I was just talking about us getting our own back on Srednjaci for beating us in the first game of the Jenna Raven Cup. Now here I am about to talk about Lisander getting their own back on us after we beat them in the first leg at our own place. Oh, well, but that's typical Abanhfleft though, isn't it? Get some good momentum rolling and then trip up on our own two feet because we were now going too fast. But I suppose the loss could be a good thing for us. Keep us on our toes, remind us that we're still very much vulnerable. Then again, we always are vulnerable. So why don't we just get this over with and see if we can actually get a fourth win somewhere?

So if the second game against Srednjaci was a story of them controlling the first half and us controlling the second, then the return leg away to Lisander was a story of us controlling the first half and them controlling the second. Well, I say controlled, but after Josefine Vitagliano scored the opening goal in the fifth minute, the momentum somehow shifted to Lisander. Okay, it was a home fixture for them so maybe that was understandable, and yet through the first half our lasses still had some decent chances. We were keeping the Lisanderans honest even as they started keeping us honest. Then the second half rolled around, and soon it became the Lisander show. The Lisanderans started peppering the goal with shots, and it was all Mihaela Hristova could do to keep the clean sheet.

Sadly for Hristova though, she won't be able to keep it. She was able to keep them out for 66 minutes, but come the 67th minute and her resistance was finally broken, but not really in the way she would have wanted it to happen. Ludwika Hiltmann let loose a low and tame shot from in between the corners of the five-yard box and the penalty box, and under any other circumstance that would have been and should have been an easy save for Hristova. But for some reason the shot went through her arms, under her belly, between her legs and straight towards the back of the net. Mihaela reacted fast in trying to claw the ball away from the goal line, but by the time she got a glove on that thing, it was well over the line. The referee was already blowing the whistle and pointing at the center. The camera of course chose to linger on the despondent and crying Hristova while she was lying on her back inside her goal with her teammates trying to console her. Look, she might be from that city in the salt pans that I would love to talk about so much I can't even mention its name, and had it happened against Ludogorets I would probably be laughing my arse off at her making such an easy mistake, but here she did it while playing for Abanhfleft, and now all I can feel is sadness and pain. That shot was just so stoppable. How could she not save it?

Well, let's just say that everything went downhill for the away side after that point. After holding on for so long, for her confidence to be shaken like that; well, it's no surprise that Mihaela Hristova was a downright mess for the rest of the match. Larissa Dorne scored, and so did Elle Henderson, but because the ball took a very, very slight touch from Thea Valens' left ankle that sent it into the top left corner instead of the bottom left as Henderson intended, that third goal was credited to Valens instead. The one good thing that I got out of this though was that the team was fully behind Hristova come the end of the game. Sure, they acknowledge that maybe she could have done a little bit better, but the team supports her through this rough patch. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Kate Bernanos benched her in favour of someone else in between the sticks. Then again, maybe trusting Hristova for the final game to stand in between the sticks could be the vote of confidence she actually needs to get over this. I don't know. That's why I'm just an armchair manager and not a real one.

Anyway, that's all that there is for me. If you've got any comments or thoughts or your own about the Lisander game or predictions for the second leg against Pratapgadh then feel free to leave them down below. Until then, I've been the Man from Markovsky, wishing that one day I wouldn't be embarrassed with my country.

LISANDER 3 - 1 ABANHFLEFT
HILTMANN (67') VITAGLIANO (5')
DORNE (73')
VALENS (82')

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:33 pm

Betting on a crazy improbability against 60,000 Srednjacians
Mariano Monteiro, to RTL Sports

If they lost the last game, they would be 100% out. But they won. Now they are only 66% out, by the prognoses of mathematicians and experts. If on the one hand, Lisander only needs to hold on for a draw, on the other, there will be eleven on one side against sixty thousand voices cheering against, so you can't tell what's going to happen. The game against Srednjaci has everything to be the most exciting so far in this Women's World Cup.

You don't need to know much about football to see that Srednjaci has a stronger team. The country even has a well-established league. The team is good and supported strongly, primarily by the fans. In all our home games, The Ladies Eleven has not put up even half of the sixty thousand fans that the Sredjnaci team will bring to the stadium in the next game. Another factor that makes things more difficult is the unfriendly atmosphere for Lisander's players, who do not seem to be seen in a very positive light in that country. The local media has still not been able to accept the tie in Lesport. Both the supposed offside by Hana Vučemilović, which even among us caused doubts... and the supposed ball in Sofia Castell's hand in the 78'. But that one is not up for discussion, really. What we all saw was quite clear (and even a little uncomfortable for some of our female reporters), the ball rebounded off the crossbar hitting Castell's breasts full-on and falling right on her right foot, only to be hit by an indefensible shot to Jelena Jukic.

Castell's goal was a quirk of fate, a crazy improbability that reignited the team's hopes. After that goal at Lesport, it was two wins in a row.

Pratapgadh 1-2 Lisander
The first win after two draws and a defeat in the first half of the group stage came against Pratapgadh, to wash the soul after the much lamented lost victory in the first round. A quiet, safe game, where Lisander found confidence even away from the crowd. Larissa Dorne scored the first goal, from the penalty spot, on 27' and then Isabella Laval increased the lead on 73', on her first shot of the match, hitting a shot that hit the corner of the post before going in. Pratapgadh's goal came from the head of Lalita Pradhan (or at least that's the name that came up when we searched the internet for the goal-scoring girl's picture, because we weren't able to find a roster) at 87'.

Lisander 3-1 Abanhfleft
The second, a heroic feat. The 10000 people present to see an exhibition of the famous fleftics saw a different game. I mean, it even started as everyone expected, with Josefine Vitagliano's first goal just five minutes into the game. But soon that team seemed to turn a key. The motive was still the same, but the circumstances were different. If in the first half, the fact of having nothing to lose was enough to accept defeat calmly, after the break, the same fact became the reason for an uncontrollable hunger for goals. It even seemed that the girls were saving their efforts in the first half, only to surrender everything in the second half. We can't tell if Abanhfleft lost their rhythm or something, but what we saw was a barrage.

By the 65th minute, Lisander wasn't even showing tactical positioning on the pitch anymore. The traditional 4-3-3 had already turned into a kind of 1-4-5 or something like that. Every ball that arrived in midfield was recycled and returned to the forwards. It looked like a target had been painted on Mihaela Hristova's shirt. The young Fleftic goalkeeper resisted bravely for almost seventy minutes of the game, but when Ludi Hiltmann scored the first goal (and look how the ball hardly entered), Hristova had nothing left to do and was caught by the apathy of her colleagues. The second goal, from Larissa Dorne, came from a crossed ball by Thea Valens, which was rebounded by Hristova and hit the ground inside the small area before finding the head of the Lisanderian striker. The final blow to Abanhfleft's apathetic performance came through a shot from Elle Henderson, which would have gone past pinching the post and arrived calmly to the ball boys on the right of Hristova's goal, had it not been for the courage and ankle of Thea Valens, who stepped up to correct the course, giving the match final numbers, 3-1

If the girls' great performance is repeated tonight at the Katanija National Stadium, we will be happy and certainly qualify. If it is not repeated and we still qualify with a draw, be it 0-0, 1-1 or whatever, we will still be happy. If Srednjaci are better and take the place in the next round, we will still be happy, proud of this team who did not let themselves be beaten and certainly fought to the last moment.
Last edited by Lisander on Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:08 pm

Better late than never, we will send 12 women's teams home from the competition and cordially welcome the remaining 12 to Sarzonia for the knockout rounds. Time to CUT OFF the group stage for the last time!

Group A
Tylastrona 0-1 Atheara
Banija 2-3 Sarzonia

1 Sarzonia 6 4 2 0 9 5 +4 14 G
2 Atheara 6 3 2 1 12 5 +7 11 Q
3 Tylastrona 6 2 0 4 7 9 -2 6
4 Banija 6 0 2 4 4 13 -9 2

Group B
Baker Park 3-0 HUElavia
Raspotochje 4-2 Baggieland

1 Baker Park 6 4 1 1 16 8 +8 13 G
2 Raspotochje 6 4 0 2 14 7 +7 12 Q
3 HUElavia 6 1 2 3 8 12 -4 5
4 Baggieland 6 1 1 4 10 17 -7 4

Group C
Srednjaci 4-1 Lisander
Pratapgadh 1-1 Abanhfleft

1 Abanhfleft 6 3 1 2 13 8 +5 10 G
2 Srednjaci 6 3 1 2 12 9 +3 10 Q
3 Lisander 6 2 2 2 11 13 -2 8
4 Pratapgadh 6 1 2 3 8 14 -6 5

Abanhfleft ahead of Srednjaci on goal differential in head-to-head results.

Group D
Saterun 2-0 Kohnhead
Eshialand 3-1 Felinetopia

1 Eshialand 6 5 1 0 20 7 +13 16 G
2 Saterun 6 3 0 3 13 14 -1 9 Q
3 Felinetopia 6 2 1 3 9 11 -2 7
4 Kohnhead 6 0 2 4 8 18 -10 2

Group E
Vangaziland 4-2 Galliena
St. Trinians 1-2 Kriegiersien

1 Kriegiersien 6 4 1 1 20 13 +7 13 G
2 Vangaziland 6 4 1 1 14 8 +6 13 Q
3 St. Trinians 6 1 1 4 7 14 -7 4
4 Galliena 6 1 1 4 11 21 -10 4

Kriegiersien ahead of Vangaziland on head-to-head results. St. Trinians ahead of Galliena on head-to-head results.

Group F
Hebitaka 0-2 Pascafia
Equestria 1-3 Sarzoclava

1 Sarzoclava 6 5 0 1 14 4 +10 15 G
2 Pascafia 6 3 2 1 10 9 +1 11 Q
3 Hebitaka 6 1 1 4 5 10 -5 4
4 Equestria 6 1 0 5 6 12 -6 3

KNOCKOUT ROUND SEEDING (top four seeds automatically qualify for the quarterfinals)
1. Eshialand (5-1-0, 16 points, Group D champions)
2. Sarzoclava (5-0-1, 15 points, Group F champions)
3. Sarzonia (4-2-0, 14 points, Group A champions)
4. Baker Park (4-1-1, 13 points, plus-8 goal differential, Group B champions)
5. Kriegiersien (4-1-1, 13 points, plus-7 goal differential, Group E champions)
6. Abanhfleft (3-1-2, 10 points, Group C champions)
7. Vangaziland (4-1-1, 13 points, Group E runners up)
8. Raspotochje (4-0-2, 12 points, Group B runners up)
9. Atheara (3-2-1, 11 points, plus-7 goal differential, Group A runners up)
10. Pascafia (3-2-1, 11 points, plus-1 goal differential, Group F runners up)
11. Srednjaci (3-1-2, 10 points, Group C runners up)
12. Saterun (3-0-3, nine points, Group D runners up)

Wednesday night's Playoff Round will consist of the following matches:
5 Kriegiersien v. 11 Srednjaci* (Nottingham Pavilion, Woodstock)
6 Abanhfleft v. 12 Saterun* (Muskegon Stadium, Nicksia)
7 Vangaziland v. 10 Pascafia (Charter Field, Portland)
8 Raspotochje v. 9 Atheara (Shipyard Stadium, Wilmington)
Last edited by Sarzonia on Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:26 am, edited 5 times in total.

Eshialand
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Eshialand » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:46 pm

The Last Homestand
Eshialand 3-1 Felinetopia

RCB #3 Lisa DEVERS, 28
RB #8 Sarah SILVER, 30
RW #7 Faith KRUPP, 23
ST #24 Alice CARROLL, 23
GK #1 Kunto OKAFOR, 5
CB #4 Makena FUSSAH, 4
CB #3 Amara ABIODUN, 5
CB #23 Thandi AYODELE, 3
DM #7 Birgit OVESEN, 3
DM #19 Saima STENBERG, 6
LM #6 Furaha MWANGI, 2
AM #11 Saga CHAPUT, 4
RM #13 Mukami MWANGI, 3
LF #10 Nevada BLAU, 2
RF #9 Emer CLERY, 5

This was it. The entire group stage had led up to this moment.

This was going to be the Eshian Women's Team's last home match of this tournament, and perhaps even ever, since there was no guarantee of more Women's World Cups, or that future installments would use the home-and-home group stage format that this one was using.

A packed house of 75,000 fans wound up showing up for this match, an absolutely absurd number given that this match didn't matter at all for the Owls. 16 of those 75,000 fans were some very special guests, because they were the male members of the national team, who had shown up to cheer on their female counterparts.

Was the women's team expecting that? No, they absolutely weren't. This was a complete surprise... just like all of the best things in life. But there wouldn't be any time for a happy reunion, since the match was just about to start.

The opening whistle blew, the match began, and the Mollies were on the board within five minutes. Furaha Mwangi had sped past Sarah and passed it to Nevada Blau, whose shot bounced off of the goalpost. Furaha then recovered it, and got a nice clean shot past Elizabeth to make it 0-1.

So Eshialand wasn't off to a great start, but they didn't let that stop them. In fact, they didn't care about the score one bit. They had already won the group and were probably going straight to the quarterfinals, so why should they have cared? All they wanted to do was have fun.

And boy, was the rest of the match fun.

In the 29th, Avery tied it up by absolutely booting a pass from Melissa well into the air, past Kunto Okafor, and into the goal. The score was now 1-1, which certainly wasn't good for Felinetopia.

You see, while this match didn't matter for Eshialand, it was everything for the Feline squad. They were only ahead of Saterun by one point in the group standings, and since Saterun was playing Kohnhead, which looked to be an easy who for them, they too would have to win their match. A draw likely wouldn't cut it.

Eshialand wouldn't let up though. They didn't have anything to play for, so they didn't have to worry about nerves. They could just play for playing's sake and they'd do well, and well they did, as the 42nd minute brought Alice a goal off of a pass from Alyssa, making it 2-1.

The final score of the match came in the 69th minute, after Melissa stole the ball from Birgit Ovesen. She didn't even have to pass the ball, she just ran towards the net and shot it in. The score was 3-1, where it would stay for the rest of the match.

After the match, the women's team finally got to meet up with their friends from the national team who had come to see them. They finally got to have real conversations with them for the first time since Graintfjall, and it was exactly what they needed.

Before the team went back to their homes and hotel rooms that night, Alice had one last question for Coach Morgan.

"Coach?"
"Yes Alice?"
"Is it okay if we don't go to Sarzonia right away? I was hoping to spend a bit more time with Jake before we go..."
"Well, thanks to you and the other girls being so good back there, our next match isn't for another week and a half. You've earned a bit of downtime in the most literal sense."
"Thanks Coach!"
"Don't thank me, thank yourself for doing such a good job back there." he replied as Alice skipped away.

"I sure hope those two work out..."

Eshialand - 3 (MacDougall 29'; Carroll 42'; Carey 69')
Felinetopia - 1 (F. Mwangi 5')

(he/him/any/all)

Atheara
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheara » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:54 am

Standing By A Needle

Type: Game Review, Review, Predictions
Time: After MD 6

Sarzonia 2 - 1 Atheara
Jolene Walter-Campos (23') Lois Robinson (40') / Ayera Livendottir (17')

Tylastrona 0 - 1 Atheara
None / Lille Danshouvera (90+4')

After a 2 - 1 defeat against Sarzonia, Atheara had to win against Tylastrona to secure qualification. Many other media stated that Atheara can still go through even if by a 5 - 0 defeat, not realizing Tylastrona had 6 points while Atheara held 8. Tylastrona would go through by 1 point if we lost. Jolene Walter-Campos and Lois Robinson had scored for Sarzonia in the first half, while Ayera scored with Lille being subbed early off by the fact that she suddenly passed out during the game, just 7 minutes in.

Lille would eventually recover for the game against Tylastrona. The game was very nerveracking to say the least. With Atheara almost conceding at the 16th, 45th, 62nd, and 78th minutes. It was only stoppage time that gave hope for Atheara, although we could have qualified with a draw, we wanted to go with a bang. Lille would score on the final minute of stoppage time, with a volley to her name (to be referenced as 94:12). That was the bang Atheara needed. They had qualified, but were not satisfied... yet.

Our next opponent is Raspotochje in Shipyard Stadium, which if properly recalled was where Atheara got spanked 3 - 1 by Krigiersien in the NationStates World Cup of Masters in the Quarter Finals. Here is a list of the play-off matches.

5 Kriegiersien v. 11 Srednjaci* (Nottingham Pavilion, Woodstock)

6 Abanhfleft v. 12 Saterun* (Muskegon Stadium, Nicksia)

7 Vangaziland v. 10 Pascafia (Charter Field, Portland)

8 Raspotochje v. 9 Atheara (Shipyard Stadium, Wilmington)

Predictions are for Krigiersien to beat Srednjaci, whilst for Abahnfleft vs Saterun to be an Abahnfleftic win. Saterun are the only team to qualify with less than 10 points, so this is the end for them. Vangaziland vs Pascafia is a wild card, as both sides are very solid. But if we look at the Groups, Pascafia were crippled by Sarzoclava in the first half of qualifiers and had unlucky moments, while Vangaziland took advantage of overly agressive teams. Atheara and Raspotochje have the same goal differential, but Raspotochje have one more point. But Atheara have been the less conceding team. Penalties seems like a good bet, it would be anyone's game. Here are most Athearan predictions.

5 Kriegiersien (67%) v. 11 Srednjaci* (33%) (Nottingham Pavilion, Woodstock)

6 Abanhfleft (76%) v. 12 Saterun* (24%) (Muskegon Stadium, Nicksia)

7 Vangaziland (45%) v. 10 Pascafia (55%) (Charter Field, Portland)

8 Raspotochje (50%) v. 9 Atheara (50%) (Shipyard Stadium, Wilmington)

Because of that sloppy performance against Tylastrona, a mixed Starting 11 would be played. Prepare for Raspotochje.
Stetka Van Idihouen (24 Y/O, GK, Captain)
Olivia Rivendottir (26 Y/O, RB)
Diana Kurettengard (26 Y/O, CB)
Nila Wattenhoulst (25 Y/O, CB)
Rena Lyanol - Hastens (24 Y/O, LB)
Leona Acrelia - Litsenhower (24 Y/O, DMF)
Riana Tresselhouwe (25 Y/O, DMF)
Afierra Kiralski (27 Y/O, CMF)
Erna Linotrovski (26 Y/O, CMF)
Isska Neveril - Paiska (26 Y/O, CMF)
Ayera Livendottir (24 Y/O, CF)
A T H E A R A | A N A I A
"I'm not sure about being as obvious as other people."
Football
Jenna Raven Cup I Champions!
3rd in the 75th Baptism of Fire!

Ice Hockey
3rd in the 19th World Junior Hockey Championships!
Ro32 in the 47th World Cup of Hockey
If you were wondering, the girl on my flag is Vill V from Honkai Impact 3rd. Your welcome.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:38 am

BUSUKUMA -- Eighty-seven minutes into the fourth meeting between Sarzonia's women's national football team and the team representing Banija at the Jenna Raven Cup and 14th Women's World Cup, the match was level. The anticipated "rubber match" between two archrivals was looking for all the world like it would not deliver an edge to either team at The Stadium of The Restoration.

And then, Jolene Walter-Campos decided she'd had enough. She collected a cross from midfielder Winnie Taunton and slipped it over the outstretched glove of the Banijan goalkeeper to give Sarzonia a dramatic 3-2 victory over the Wanawake Kadongo Kamu that would ensure the Stars a spot in the knockout rounds as the Group A champions. After the other matches went final, the Stars would find out they were through directly to the quarterfinals.

Sarzonia (4-2-0) would survive a poor outing by starting goalkeeper Marcé George, one of her few since she assumed the starting role from Klarissa Knight-Langham in the Wonder Cup in Qasden. She made three saves, but both shots that scored against her she readily admitted she would have liked back.

"I've gotta hand it to this team," she said. "They picked me up when I had a poor match. We always try to do that for each other."

The Stars got goals from Taunton and striker Carly Wilcox to answer the two Banijan goals. Manager Brenda Allison said her team would take the extra time off provided by being the third overall seed to rest. The team will play its quarterfinals match at Nottingham Pavilion, which was the site of two of their home matches with Dave Wilson Stadium hosting the battle between the Stars and the Wanawake Kadongo Kamu. Allison said the team getting a chance to play in front of its home crowd would be a benefit.

"You bet. It's going to be nice to not have to travel the way we did in the second half of this competition," she said. Even though the Stars seemingly did better away from the friendly confines of Nottingham Pavilion?

Allison didn't answer verbally but she gave a look that said "you have GOT to be kidding me!"

As for the rest of the field, Eshialand clinched the top overall seed with their 3-1 victory over Felinetopia. They eliminated their foes from the knockout rounds with their victory. The joint Sarzonian-Delaclav colony Sarzoclava earned the No. 2 overall seed with a 5-0-1 mark, as only their 2-0 loss to Pascafia on Matchday 5 prevented the Suns from earning the top overall seeds. The other team to earn a bye directly into the quarterfinals was Baker Park.

For Allison and company, Sarzonia will most likely get a chance to face different competition in the next round, depending on the results of the Playoff Round.

"We're happy with the rest and the reset," she said. "We can't wait to get back at it."

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:23 am

JENNA RAVEN CUP- WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 14

AMAZING GAME IN FRONT OF 65 000 FANS

Srednjaci 4-1 Lisander
19' Davida Zimmer - free kick (1:0)
38' Hana Vučemilović, assist Davida Zimmer (2:0)

43' Thea Valens, assist Larissa Dorne (2:1)
55' Petra Marinović, assist Viktorija Terzić (3:1)
80' Petra Marinović, assist Leona Jurković ( 4:1)

IVAN BOŽIĆ : Dear viewers, welcome to the show dedicated to women's neo-football. Of course it is the Jenna Raven Cup and our national team played a magnificent match against Lisander.
65,000 spectators gathered at the national stadium. Never before had there been so much interest in a football match as there was against Lisander.
The Srednjaci footballers showed character and strength when the pressure was on them. In front of the home crowd they had to play the best game so far, which they did. Again the creations of the amazing Davida Zimmer were key to the match. Zimmer is hard to guard and sometimes as many as three Lisander players ran at her. This then leaves enough space on the field for other players.
Right at an early stage, Davida Zimmer was fouled. A free kick for Davida Zimmer in the 19th minute of the game. Distance 19 meters, Davida shot sharply, precisely, next to the living wall in the opposite part of the goal for 1: 0! The second goal was scored by Hana Vučemilović with the assistance of Davida Zimmer. Zimmer ran brilliantly past player Lisander on the left wing. Zimmer runs with the ball and cross it brilliantly into the space in front of Lisander's goal. Hana Vučemilović follows the game, jumps the highest and scores a header. In the 43rd minute, the guests put pressure on the home team goal. They played a great action and completely over played our defense. The goal was scored by Thea Valens to reduce the score to 2: 1. With this result it went to half time.
After half time, our team regains dominance and control of the game. Opportunities followed and then Petra Marinović re-entered the scene. Marinović scored two goals by the end of the game and thus concluded any hopes for the guests about a positive outcome.
This result took our team to the knockout phase.

"The pressure was on us a lot. But like any great team, we did not succumb to the pressure. We finally played the match as expected of us and as we have in our legs. I am glad that the fans came in such large numbers to us I am very happy and satisfied. " said Davida Zimmer.

fan's celebration after the game

CROWD CELEBRATE AFTER MATCH

Group C              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Abanhfleft 6 3 1 2 13 8 +5 10 G
2 Srednjaci 6 3 1 2 12 9 +3 10 Q
3 Lisander 6 2 2 2 11 13 -2 8
4 Pratapgadh 6 1 2 3 8 14 -6 5

VS KRIEGIERSIEN IN KNOCK OUT ON Nottingham Pavilion, Woodstock

Kriegiersien is a wicked team. I can beat anyone. They were first in their strong group. They won four matches, drew once and lost once. It will definitely be a tough opponent but an opponent that can certainly be passed.
If we take into account that they do not have players from the bench at all, but constantly play with the same players, then we are still in a slight advantage in that match.

Kriegiersien squad

Coaches:
Emily Raben
Otto Hippo

Goalkeeper
Olivia Di Bradini

Defender
Joanne Di Brandini
Monica Di Bradini
Jessica Di Bradini
Mel Di Bradini
Victoria Di Bradini

Midfield
Emma Di Bradini
Geraldine Di Bradini
Barbie Di Bradini
Melanie Di Bradini
Geri Di Bradini

Striker
Janina Corner
Tonya Haudels

REST PAIRS

Abanhfleft v. Saterun* (Muskegon Stadium, Nicksia)
Vangaziland v. Pascafia (Charter Field, Portland)
Raspotochje v. Atheara (Shipyard Stadium, Wilmington)

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:39 pm

© Sporting Times Daily 2021
BP Ladies through to Quarters in Cup
by Fiona Devlin, National Soccer Writer

The Commonwealth Women's National Team concluded the group stage of the Jenna Raven Cup/Women's World Cup 14 with a 3-0 victory over HUElavia at the Queen Victoria Stadium in Ezriquay, clinching the top spot in Group B and sneaking into the final spot for automatic progression to the quarterfinal stage; the Lady Elks +8 goal difference was one better than Kriegiersien who potentially could be the opponent if they get past Srednjaci in the playoff round.

Liam Sullivan stayed with the squad rotation he's used throughout the tournament, and Sherwood Forest Ladies keeper Rose McCormack stopped all 6 shots to earn her first international clean sheet. Hayley Gibson got her second goal of the competition just 5 minutes into the second half to build upon the lead provided by Olivia Ryan's maiden international tally in the 27th minute and Paige Eichorn closed out the scoring with a goal in the 63rd minute, and the 35,717 in attendance can say they saw the team's best overall performance in the group phase.

The scene will shift to Sarzonia for the knockout stages, with the squad remaining in Baker Park until the day of the opening round matches in order to continue training at the FAC Development Center.

"There's no reason why we need to pack up and move to Sarzonia for 5 or 6 days ahead of our next match. The time difference is negligible, we'll have people scouting the match", Sullivan replied when asked about the travel plans.
"The FAC is not poor, we don't need to be counting change. (laughter) But why spend a bunch of money if you don't need to when you're going to be making a relatively short trip to a nation in the region?"

The Commonwealth side seem to have the edge over the rest of the remaining squads in terms of experience in fielding all-female teams in major tournaments, but this is not something Sullivan sees as a huge advantage.

"It's hard to get a really good gauge on different levels of competition; we have 15 players from the (Womens's) National League and three in the Conference, so do we have one of the better all-female leagues in the multiverse? Ravens and (Sherwood) Forest put on a pretty impressive display in the Liga B group stage."
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports