NATION

PASSWORD

[Tennis/NSTT] Grass court season 7 [RP/Results]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:53 am

Salvador Hills Open

IT'S TENNIS TIME
by Ivan Jurlina

IVAN JURLINA : Dear viewers, welcome to the show "IT'S TENNIS TIME"!
Second round in singles and first round in doubles are behind of us. We had a four players in singles second round and results are wery tight! Actually, second round is end for Lucija and Ljubo but , Tena and Ivan manage to win.
In doubles, Tena and Alina will see second round in doubles.

Ivan Štimac (29) (SRE)              6   6   6
Iris Bergadhga (ACS) 4 7 4

Ivan Štimac managed to win in the second round of Iris Bergadhga. Although harder than expected, Štimac, based on his experience, managed to break the resistance of Iris Bergadhga. A match in which Štimac played poorly and was not precise. The first service was below 65% and the second service under 43%. Štimac could not boast of moving around the court either. Several times during the match he slipped and fell on the grass. Fortunately, he was not injured. Frustration grew as Iris Bergadhga also brought almost everything back into the court. Štimac had to work hard to score. He had 5 aces of service and 9 double service errors. He also made 22 winners but also 32 unforced errors. His opponent had 11 winners and 29 unforced errors. Stimac won this match but will have something to think about in the continuation of this tournament. The next opponent, Arthur Leloup, will not be as generous as today's opponent. Leloup is the sixth seed and Štimac will have to play far better than today.

" I want to congratulate my opponent on a great game. This was a very stressful and frustrating match for me. I wanted him to finish as soon as possible because I was struggling with his game and form. I am not satisfied and I will have to see with my team where we made a mistake. " said Štimac

Tena Špiričić (23) (SRE) 6 6 7
Livinia Moore (ETM) 3 7 5

The first name of our tennis, Tena Špiričić managed to save two match points against Livinia Moore from Electrum. Like Ivan Štimac, Tena had a bad game. Although she won the first set with 6: 3, it was clear that this was not good play by Tena Špiričić. Livinia threatened several times on the serve of our tennis player, but never managed to make a break to equalize.
In the second set, both tennis players made one break and brought the set to a tie break. Livina played much safer and won the tie break with 7: 2 and won the set.
In the third set, Moore made a break right at the start, had 5: 3 and served for the match. Livinia led 40:15, had two match points but did not use either. Tena managed to equalize at 40:40, then with a amazing return came to the advantage. Then with an excellent forehand cross winner she came to a break and 5: 4. Visibly upset, Livinia Moore began to make errors, aware of the missed opportunity. Her game later began to fall apart and Tena took the opportunity to end the match. This was a very bad match for Tena even though she managed to win. Livina Moore proved to be a great opponent. Jeff Rogers, home representative will be a far tougher opponent. He is not invincible but in order to beat him, she will have to play at a high level tennis.

"A very difficult match. Livinia is a great tennis player and she pressed me very well into the corner. I felt hopeless. I had to face defeat but I still had mental strength in my head to try to get out. After the last final of the Three Degrees Open, "I feel empty. I think I'm emotionally and physically exhausted. Now I have to prepare for the next meeting," Tena said.

TENA ŠPIRIČIĆ HIT AMAZING RETURN TO EQUALIZE 40:40

Lucien Le Floch (21) (RCN)          6   7
Lucija Bagarić (SRE) 2 5

Lucien Le Floch proved to be an insurmountable obstacle for the young Lucija Bagarić. Lucien imposed his authority on the field right at the beginning of the match. With his patient play, Lucien quickly knocked Lucija Bagarić out of rhythm. The first set ended very convincingly for player from Recuecn.
In the second set, Lucien relaxed a bit thinking his opponent was mentally broken. However, the young and cheeky Bagarić is a much more equal opponent in the second set. With her's bombs from the baseline she shows muscles and threaten to Lucien Le Floch and his wictory. However, at the very end of the set, Lucija was betrayed by precision. Everything she had hits before she was now missing. Lucien made a break and won the match.

"I'm disappointed because I know how many good games I have in my legs, hands and head. I know I have a place in the third round but I need more experience, witch my opponent has. As it is, so it is. I have to keep focusing on the season." said Lucija Bagarić

Jean van de Kloor (5) (TJU)         6   6
Ljubomir Ivanković (SRE) 3 3

Although an uncertain match was expected between Ljubo and Jean van de Kloor it did not happen. The tennis player from TJUN-ia completely annulled the great upward trajectory of Ljubomir Ivanković. Ljubo showed that his game has progressed and that he is playing better and better from match to match. However, Jean van de Kloor showed that Ivanković will have to work hard on his game in order to deal with the top 10 players.

"I can do better, of course. Although today whatever I tried my opponent had the answer. Congratulations to Jean van de Kloor on his victory. This was a great match for him and I managed to learn something from this defeat. "Ljubo said.

ŠPIRIČIĆ WON IN DOUBLES IN DOUBLE MATCH PROGRAM

Tena Špiričić and Alina Koreleva advanced to the second round of doubles. Heavier than expected, our tennis players were better than Geza Simko and Ayra Tilas.
Koreleva and Špiričić started the match well. Right at the start, they made a break and took the lead with 3: 0. They kept that advantage until the end of first set.
In the second set, a difficult situation for our tennis players. They lost 4: 1 but managed to equalize at 6: 6 and take the set to tie break. But in the tie break they failed to score a single point.
They open the third set furiously. Finally, they show the dynamics and precision in the game that otherwise adorns this pair. Without losing a game, they win the third set and win the match.

Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE)                     6   6   6
Geza Simko/Ayra Tilas (WC) (AUG) 3 7 0

From the second round, our best double pair Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović will join.

FACTS ABOUT SREDNJACIAN TENNIS PLAYERS

1. LEONID FARKAŠ & GORAN IBRAHIMOVIĆ are first tennis players with international title from Srednjaci
2. LEONID FARKAŠ & GORAN IBRAHIMOVIĆ are the first tennis double pair in this season whom win two consecutive titles. They are champions of Astello International & Antillia Masters
3. LEONID FARKAŠ & GORAN IBRAHIMOVIĆ are only dobule pair with 15 wins in a row
4. TENA ŠPIRIČIĆ is first and only one tennis player from Srednjaci with single title
5.TENA ŠPIRIČIĆ is only one tennis player from Srednjaci who played single final (Three Degrees Open) and double final Hamilton International
6. TENA ŠPIRIČIĆ & ALINA KORELEVA are the only double pair whom played final on the first toghether appearance
7. PETRA MAČINKOVIĆ is youngest tennis player from Srednjaci who won a first round match in tournament's main draw, she won in doubles partnering with Dora Klemenčić, Petra had 15 years and two months.
Last edited by Srednjaci on Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Founded: May 11, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:02 pm

Dorotea Granit’s diary - 11.06.21

Dear diary. Just woke up. It’s strange being back in Salvador. Marks my first year on the circuit. I’ll be honest, I was expecting to be Nr. 1 by now.

Dear diary. Back from breakfast. Had eggs. Not great.

Dear diary. Just realized I played Sarvan the last time I was here as well. Got her this time. Got her good.

Dear diary. Met Heraklit by a smoothie shop. He completely bombed it yesterday. It was brutal. Thought I’d be nice and give him commiserations. He just shrugged and said something like “Relax, Dorotea, it’s grass. Nobody cares.” Then he smiled that smile of his. Fucking douche.

Dear diary. Bowel movements stable. Good sign. I heard some sort of electrumite funny paper made reference to a Gnejsian player’s preoccupation with a healthy gut. Where’d they get that? Has somebody been reading my diary? You’d tell me if anyone did, wouldn’t you? Was it Heraklit? I bet it was Heraklit. Fucking douche.
Last edited by Gnejs on Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Grearish Union
Envoy

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Grearish Union » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:30 pm

Salvador Hills Open, Grearish Union
Rounds of 32

Singles Round of 32
Fiorenzo Tartoni (1) (SOR)          6   6
Botack Andiam (30) (CEN) 3 3

Dioro Hansil (13) (CEN) 6 6 6
Lucien Le Floch (21) (RCN) 0 7 3

Arthur Leloup (6) (RCN) 4 1
Ivan Štimac (29) (SRE) 6 6

John Ivanisevic (11) (BGG) 1 6 4
Neth Soulner (WC) (SNC) 6 4 6

Andrew Simmons (3) (ETM) 6 6
Lucas Parvash (32) (ACS) 1 2

Gaëlle Sellier (14) (RCN) 7 2 2
Fredrik Stagnelius (18) (PUG) 6 6 6

Abelie Fontana (7) (RCN) 6 6
Carmichael Brown (27) (ETM) 4 4

Jeff Rogers (12) (GRU) 5 6 6
Tena Špiričić (23) (SRE) 7 3 4

Ngurah Putra Muliawan (2) (PCU) 6 7
Komang Agus Artawan (31) (PCU) 3 6

Vilim Gulić (DOT) 1 2
Rodrick Uppatin (22) (KHD) 6 6

Jean van de Kloor (5) (TJU) 4 2
Johmer Vales (28) (CEN) 6 6

Zunaira Hardy (BUC) 3 0
Janet Riley (24) (ETM) 6 6

Mindy Waterford (4) (KHD) 6 6
Syamim Kevin (26) (SHT) 4 4

Teegan Sosa (16) (GRU) 5 6 6
Martha McNeil (20) (GRU) 7 4 1

Harold Crawley (TJU) 6 6
Grady Maccay (25) (KHD) 4 3

Dorotea Granit (10) (PUG) 6 6
Philippe Baloui (19) (TJU) 2 1

Doubles Round of 32
Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (1) (ETM/CEN)               6   6
Haikal Jansen/Diana Jansen (SHT) 3 1

Bradley Kohnface/Erin Maldry (14) (KHD) 6 7
Oka Sulastra/Gregory Huemenn (PCU/INS) 2 6

Martha McNeil/Jeff Rogers (7) (GRU) 6 7
Izzat Manson/George Fakhrul (SHT) 3 5

Komang Antari/Luh Putu Yundari (11) (PCU) 6 6 9
Fiorenzo Tartoni/Andrea Vergnani (SOR) 3 7 11

Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (4) (ETM) 3 6 7
Miguel Taberon/Pedro Arrachar (ACS) 6 3 5

Lucas Magnier/Adelinde Günther (15) (RCN) 6 3 6
Joan Pèrez/Entirobée Anvro (WC) (MAL) 1 6 4

Valentina Spetsova/Austin McDanielson (6) (TJU) 2 6 7
Ana Radkkar/Eva Radkkar (ACS) 6 2 9

Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (9) (CEN) 6 6
Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi (PCU) 3 4

Spencer Kohnhead/Marcus Hathwar (2) (KHD/ETM) 6 6 6
Peter Murray/Elsa Ryan (WC) (UKG) 3 7 2

Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (16) (CEN/SOR) 4 6 7
Mekar Laut/Sekar Laut (ERM) 6 2 5

Elia Xal/Fia Xal (5) (CEN) 6 0
Massimo Recinella/Oscar Recinella (SOR) 7 6

Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (10) (SRE) 6 6
Louis Yeo-Jongilanga/Pierre Dobbelstyn (WC) (QUE) 4 4

Camille Fournier/Inès Fournier (3) (RCN) 5 5
Vječeslav Korent/Alen Glesnik (WC) (DOT) 7 7

Goran McEnroe/Arne Oxwald (13) (BGG/PUG) 6 4 6
Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE) 2 6 2

Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (8) (TJU) 6 6 6
Jeremy Glass/Teegan Sosa (GRU) 7 2 3

Riley Dovatin/Melissa Turnface (12) (KHD) 7 6
Gusti Sing Nggawe/Uyah Nyonya (Q) (SDG) 5 3
Last edited by The Grearish Union on Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC Name: Grearia, The Grearish Union
Area: 655,436 km2 | Population: 88,636,071 | Pop. Density: 135.23 per km2
Champion: GCF World Test Challenge 12 | Host: GCF T20WC 12, R7WC 6, NSTT Salvador Hills Open
A proud member of Esportiva!
This user was behind the erstwhile Gloriax.

Sincluda
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 05, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sincluda » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:29 pm

Neth Soulner nearly fainted. The ball was out. The challenge confirmed it. Yet he still couldn't believe it. He sat down on the grass, shock and excitement buzzing through his mind, making it hard to see, to hear. Had he won? No, he couldn't have. It couldn't be true. Neth Soulner, a boy from Delta City, Sincluda, an inexperienced tennis player ranked outside the top 500, beating top 20 star John Ivanisevic of Baggieland, a renowned tennis nation. A fever dream. A cliche in a cheesy novel. A joke in a satirical news source named after produce. But the words were spoken. "Game, set, and match."

As he got up and came to his senses, the roar of the crowd filled his ears. He walked towards the net, where his opponent stood waiting. The few yards stretch to John Ivanisevic were the longest yards Neth had ever walked. After the handshake, Neth turned around. He looked to the sky, then down towards the stands. His joy rose up inside of him, lifting his arms, and bursting out of his mouth with the roar of victory.

After what felt like too many post-match interviews (despite having only two), Neth trudged back to the hotel. He played back the match in his head. A surprisingly easy first set. A second where it felt like his eternal energy had left him. And a third that he would never, ever forget. Every point, a tooth and nail fight for him. His energy returned, and so did a voice that told that not only he could win the match, but he was going to. He never trusted the voice. He still didn't think it spoke the truth, even now, with the cheers of the crowd still ringing in his ears. And so, he resolved that any match he played was winnable, and, as cheesy as it sounded, all it needed was the effort.

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:39 pm

THREE TO SEE: SALVADOR HILLS OPEN, DAY 4

(1) Fiorenzo Tartoni (SOR) vs (13) Dioro Hansil (CEN)

Fiorenzo Tartoni's victory in the third round against Botack Andiam didn't just validate our prediction for that match — it's the reason why we think that he will vanquish yet another Cenian, Dioro Hansil, in the fourth round. The Tartoni-Andiam encounter was an excellent match: Andiam came to the net with his usual frequency, and for the most part, he dazzled the crowd with jumping smashes, slice drop volleys, and a good read on his opponent's passing shot. Unfortunately, "for the most part" didn't cut it against a player with Tartoni's caliber. Whenever he could, Tartoni took the opportunity to lob Andiam, flick drop shots right back over the net with interest, and hit sizzling return winners. The result? A 6-3, 6-3 victory.

Andiam cared about tennis (perhaps a little too much). On the other hand, Hansil does not. In his 6-0, 6-7, 6-3 victory against Lucien Le Floch, he pretty much ran in to the net whenever he could, regardless of the quality of the approach shot. Half the time, he hit half volleys on the return of serve. He hit jumping smashes. Surely, Hansil is a crowd pleaser, but the results are secondary to him. Ahead of his Tartoni match, his coaches will certainly try to drill some sense into him — and Hansil probably won't have it. Hansil's devil-may-care strategy might work against Le Floch (and it almost didn't), but it will certainly not work against Tartoni.

Winner: Tartoni

(28) Johmer Vales (CEN) vs (24) Janet Riley (ETM)

This is a battle of two journeypeople. Vales and Riley are solidly ranked in the top 50, and neither has had particularly compelling results within the last year. Vales last reached the Round of 16 of a Tier 1 event in Steinegestrasse, while Riley last reached the same milestone in Ubung last season. In this tournament, Vales has had the harder draw, but he showed his poise and finesse by routing Jean van de Kloor, the fifth seed, 6-4, 6-2, in the last round. Not to be outdone, Riley blitzed through her third round opponent, Zunaira Hardy, in two more quick sets, 6-3, 6-0.

Both players will be itching to reach their first quarterfinal — but the advantage here goes to Riley, especially due to Vales' well-documented tendency to seize up most times when he gets close to the action. Vales might be more confident than Riley heading into the match, but that confidence will likely be his undoing as it appears close to overconfidence on the spectrum.

Winner: Riley

(2) Spencer Kohnhead/Marcus Hathwar (KHD/ETM) vs (16) Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR)

Doubles fans will be salivating at this encounter. Kohnhead and Hathwar last faced off against Korekal and Crepaldi in the third round of the Cenian Open, winning in three tight sets, 6-7, 7-5, 8-6. If all goes according to plan, this match could be equally competitive, and definitely faster than the medium-paced hard courts at the Cenian Open. In the intervening time, Kohnhead and Hathwar have gone on to win the Steinegestrasse Open title and reach two Grand Slam finals, while Korekal and Crepaldi have only managed to reach one Grand Slam quarterfinal. Kohnhead and Hathwar will likely win this match based on pedigree alone.

Recent results complicate the picture somewhat. Both teams had to work harder than anticipated in the Round of 32: Kohnhead and Hathwar conceded the second set in a tiebreak to newcomers Peter Murray and Elsa Ryan, while Korekal and Crepaldi had to huff and puff their way back from a 5-3 deficit in the third set against Sekar and Mekar Laut, the journeyman twins from Eraman. (If they are journeywoman twins, or not even twins at all, please, somebody correct us.) However, Break Point's analysis still leans toward Kohnhead and Hathwar: If a couple of points had gone the other way in the tiebreak, Kohnhead and Hathwar would have gone through in straight sets, while Korekal and Crepaldi had to seriously fight an uphill battle.

If there's one thing to be sure of, though, this match is one to watch.

Winner: Kohnhead/Hathwar
Last edited by Ceni on Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Milchama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Milchama » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:27 pm

Tel Morlin Mail-Bee-Eagle-Scout-Salmon-Ant-Package-Telegraph-Giraffe-Falcon-Post

Sports Section

Isolation ends in blaze of losses

Sure Milchama is no longer isolated from the international community and sure it's cool to see Milchamian in international tournaments but god it would be nice if we didn't suck so much. In the first tournament of the Post-Isolation Period, the Salvador Hills Open, Milchama is currently 2-5. It was nice to see David Stephens and Stephen Davis make it through the qualifier only to get smoked in round 1. Sure it was cool that David Milphredes one won round but now they're back with nothing. Just awful.

Morriah Stephens didn't even win a set in her qualifier. Meanwhile both doubles tournament didn't even win a set in the main draw AND Milphredes was out in two sets in second round. Sure Makom Yamonov lost 9-7 in the third set but a loss is a loss. Yamonov had multiple match points that he couldn't take advantage of and looked nervous in the big moments. He won the second set 7-6 on an unforced error by May San. San shanking a forehand way wide of the court before a double fault on 6-6 is not a testament to clutch play on either hand. Heck that entire playoff had 13 unforced errors. If you actually hit a shot you were applauded. I'm glad Yamonov played better than the others and won a set but let's not get cracking with some grand "well it was bad luck" narrative when it clearly wasn't.

What others will point out is that this is the first international foray by Milchamian tennis players ever. We never competed in the Davis Cup, or whatever the equivalent is called, there was no international singles or doubles teams Pre-Isolation. These kids are attempting something wholly new and we should credit them for that. I'll concede the kids should get some credit for being the first but that does not mean they are above criticism. Moreover, they knew what they were getting into. Listening to interviews before the tournament you could tell these players really cared about that and were interested in doing well. You have to think the pressure got to them, which sucks, but is understandable, and may have led to these results.

Basically, we need to expect better from our post-Isolation athletes. Yes, it's nice to see them out there in international competition but that's not enough. More expectations and better results. Let's hope it happens in AOCAF and the AOlympics and soon in other international competition. I can't wait!
Last edited by Milchama on Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Milchama Sports achievements:
World Baseball Classic 23 Champion!
Note: The demonym is Milchamian. There are two of the letter "I(i)" and not one.

3x CoH winner (29, 46, 50) 3x WBC winner (4,5,23), 1x World Cup host (32) Various other minor trophies there's a football club trophy, a kleptochase trophy, Other minor international football trophies.

Sincluda
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sincluda » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:04 pm

Barklay Raiken-Tellay sat at the hotel restaurant's counter, watching the ticker on the television inch by. She had seen the result countless times already, but she wanted to see it again. It's not that she didn't believe it. Maybe the first time, but now she was only watching it because she had nothing better to do. She had booked a week at the hotel in Salvador, and had already seen every nook and cranny of the city. She was bored. Like Groundhog Day, the result came by again. (WC) Neth Soulner (SNC) def. (11) John Ivanisevic (BGG) 6-1 4-6 6-4. It was a big accomplishment, sure, but seeing Neth with all this attention made her a little sick. Admittedly, she had been watching that result for the last - she checks her watch - hour and a half. But still, she had been at the tournament too, and won her qualifying match. She had exceeded expectations herself, considering her style of play did not compliment the grass court.

Barklay sighed. "Something up?" asked a voice she would never grow tired of hearing. "Heya, Coach," Barklay replied. Jennadora laughed. "What did I tell you? I'm not your coach anymore. I'm your teammate." "You're still the only reason I can win a single game, let alone a match." Now it was Jenny's turn to sigh. "Look, you're better than you think, and that's what's holding you back. Whenever you aren't positive you can win, you lose. So snap out of whatever state of mind this is, and start being a winner." Barklay softened her stony face. "Well it's not that easy. Give me some real advice." Jennadora started smirking, a telltale sign she was about to get sarcastic. "Alright. Here's my advice. Get out of my sight. I think I'll just find myself a new double's partner!" "Oh yeah?" shot back Barklay. "Like you could even beat me." "You wanna go? There's a court out back. 6 games wins the set, 2 sets win the match, right now." "Right now." Jennadora and Barklay burst out laughing as they made their way to the court. Barklay thought to herself, if anyone can lift me up like that, it would be Coach.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:48 am

Centralis Herald - Sports Section - Luke Zhang

Selection rumours abound for the Olympics

While most of the multiverse has been focussing on the Salvador Hills Open, those in the know are slowly turning towards the Olympic Games and the selection pressures that the event will bring. For the first time, players on the NationStates Tennis Tour who are participating in the Olympics will experience the difficult technical transition of changing between the clay and grass surfaces thrice. The Somer Country Club, the venue of the formerly held Terranean Slam, is played on the clay.

All of this proves to be a headache for Andrew Simmons -- he is currently sitting in ninth place for the NSTT Finals race with just five tournaments remaining. He needs to balance the fact that the bulk of the points from this point on will come from his weakest surface, but he also needs to transition on and off the clay quickly for national glory. This is a difficult task given the fact that he's had trouble in the past adapting his game to grass - Simmons plays best when he has a lot of time to construct and line up his shots on the clay - it's not possible to do that on grass given how quickly the ball can skid and how rallies are much shorter. In other words, he has to adapt his game to playing on grass while at the same time playing on clay at Somer. Talk about a mess.

But it's not all bad news for Simmons -- many other athletes are expected to undergo this tough transition as well, with players from Srednjaci and San Ortelio expected to do this as well.

With four spots in either gender in the singles, all of Electrum's singles players are assured entry, with Giannapolous expected to be a surprise entrant by coming back from her pregnancy. However, there are some open spots remaining in the doubles, with Electrumites in mixed nation pairs scrambling to pair up. Top doubles player Marcus Hathwar is rumoured to be tossing up between Jack Ho, his former doubles partner, or Andrew Simmons.

While Hathwar is good mates with Ho, the two never really gelled well -- Hathwar only started to go up the rankings exponentially when he was paired with Kohnhead. Ho was notorious for his inconsistent serve, which hampered the Ho-Hathwar combination. Meanwhile, Simmons is the consummate professional on the clay but he's got little experience in the doubles. It remains to be seen whether Hathwar goes for Simmons, and if he intends to play in the mixed as well, given he plays both singles and doubles.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:57 am

Salvador Hills Open

IT'S TENNIS TIME
by Ivan Jurlina

Ivan Štimac (29) (SRE)              6   6
Arthur Leloup (6) (RCN) 4 1

The third round of the single competition brought us a few surprises. But of course we are most interested in our representatives. All of you who watched the matches live, saw the incredibly good game of Ivan Štimac. Ivan had Arthur Leloup from Reçueçn, the sixth seed of the tournament, as his opponent. Štimac played great throughout the match and already in the first set it was clear that the tenth player in the world has no answer to the way of play of our player. Ivan imposed his game, his rhythm and absolutely was dominant on the court. The statistic that Ivan had 32 winners and only 9 unforced errors speaks in favor of how ready he was for this tournament. He won as many as 89% of the points after inserting the first serve. Incredibly!

"I had a lot of problems in my first match. My team and I woeked a lot to be prepare for grass court season. I had to wake up for this match. I beat the Top 10 player, taht is a proof that I'm ready for great results in this tournament.
Arthur is a great player and behind him are great results. For me, this is a big win. "
said Ivan Štimac

Jeff Rogers (12) (GRU)              5   6   6
Tena Špiričić (23) (SRE) 7 3 4

Our best tennis player failed to beat home tennis player Jeff Rogers. Twenty-year-old Tena had to congratulate her opponent after a 3h 06min fight. Rogers broke a series of seven wins in a row for young Špiričić. Tena did not play badly and her game has no major complaints. Simply, Rogers played better. For young Špiričić, however, two successful weeks are behind her. It is significant that Špriričić played better in singles when she did not play double matches. Maybe two matches in one day is still too much for a young tennis player. In any case, we watched an extremely high-quality match between Rogers and Špiričić. All tennis fans could enjoy the ingenious moves of these two players.

"I lacked freshness and strenght in the final set. I played a lot better than yesterday but I felt tired in my legs in the last set. I need more matches such this one, on a high level. Rogers is an incredibly quality player and I would say he is the main candidate for the title here. Now please apologize me, but I have to play a double match. " said Tena

Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (10) (SRE)            6   6
Louis Yeo-Jongilanga/Pierre Dobbelstyn (WC) (QUE) 4 4

Our best players in the doubles routine came to win. Louis Yeo-Jongilanga and Pierre Dobbelstyn from Quebec and Shingoryeo were not opponents that would endanger our players. The double pair from Quebec and Shingoryeo did not have a single opportunity to break on the service of Frakaš and Ibrahimović. On the other hand, our guys took advantage of two nine break opportunities. Farkas and Ibrahimovic are playing well in this tournament and we hope that they will go far. Their play on the grass looks better and better.

" We struggled a bit with the realization of break points. Our opponents defended themselves brilliantly from getting out of several difficult situations. There are no easy opponents today. This round in this tournament showed that. It turned out to be some great double pairs. "Farkaš said

Goran McEnroe/Arne Oxwald (13) (BGG/PUG)              6   4   6
Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE) 2 6 2

Tena Špiričić suffered her second defeat in one day. In the doubles game with her tennis partner, the talented Alina Koreleva, she lost the match of the second round of the doubles game. Goran McEnroe and Arne Oxwald, the thirteenth seed, were better than our girls. The guys from Baggieland and Gnejs played a great third set and dispelled doubts that there would be a surprise. However, it is obvious that the girls played great and that it will not be long before they will be the winners.

" We failed unfortunately. We played well and took the second set. Arne and Goran are great players. I believe that the two of us will be stronger and more competitive next time, "said Alina

"Like in the singles match, here I was lose the strength in the last set. I just need a few days off to regenerate. I've played a lot of matches," Tena said.

IVAN ŠTIMAC - THIS SEASON RESULTS

Steinigestrasse Open - 1st Round
Electrum Slam - 1st Round
Astello International - QF
Antillia Masters - SF
Hamilton International - 3th Round
Beçonailles -1st Round

Neth Soulner wrote his country’s tennis history by defeating eleventh seed John Ivanisevic. The tennis player from Sincluda came with an invitation from the organizers and came out of complete anonymity until the story of the day. He will be our opponent Ivan Štimac.
Of the other bombastic results in the single competition are definitely the victory of Johmer Vales from Ceni over the fifth seed from TJUN-ia, Jean van de Kloor. But so did Harold Crawley’s victory over Grady Maccay’s twenty-fifth seed from Konhead.

The result of the Dotivian double pair take headlines. Vječeslav Korent and Alen Glesnik defeated the third seed of the tournament, the Fournier sisters. Elia Xal and Fia Xal were surprisingly defeated by Massimo Recinella and Oscar Recinella of San Ortelio.

The Grearish Union
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Grearish Union » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:00 pm

Rounds of 16

Singles Round of 16
Fiorenzo Tartoni (1) (SOR)          1   1
Dioro Hansil (13) (CEN) 6 6

Ivan Štimac (29) (SRE) 2 7 6
Neth Soulner (WC) (SNC) 6 5 2

Andrew Simmons (3) (ETM) 5 4
Fredrik Stagnelius (18) (PUG) 7 6

Abelie Fontana (7) (RCN) 2 3
Jeff Rogers (12) (GRU) 6 6

Ngurah Putra Muliawan (2) (PCU) 2 6
Rodrick Uppatin (22) (KHD) 6 7

Johmer Vales (28) (CEN) 3 4
Janet Riley (24) (ETM) 6 6

Mindy Waterford (4) (KHD) 3 6 6
Teegan Sosa (16) (GRU) 6 4 4

Harold Crawley (TJU) 7 7
Dorotea Granit (10) (PUG) 6 6

Doubles Round of 16
Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (1) (ETM/CEN)           6   6
Bradley Kohnface/Erin Maldry (14) (KHD) 2 1

Martha McNeil/Jeff Rogers (7) (GRU) 6 6
Fiorenzo Tartoni/Andrea Vergnani (SOR) 2 2

Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (4) (ETM) 7 4 7
Lucas Magnier/Adelinde Günther (15) (RCN) 6 6 5

Ana Radkkar/Eva Radkkar (ACS) 3 5
Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (9) (CEN) 6 7

Spencer Kohnhead/Marcus Hathwar (2) (KHD/ETM) 2 7 5
Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (16) (CEN/SOR) 6 6 7

Massimo Recinella/Oscar Recinella (SOR) 6 1
Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (10) (SRE) 7 6

Vječeslav Korent/Alen Glesnik (WC) (DOT) 1 6 6
Goran McEnroe/Arne Oxwald (13) (BGG/PUG) 6 4 4

Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (8) (TJU) 6 3 6
Riley Dovatin/Melissa Turnface (12) (KHD) 4 6 2
Champion: GCF World Test Challenge 12 | Host: GCF T20WC 12, R7WC 6, NSTT Salvador Hills Open

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:02 am

Salvador Hills Open

IT'S TENNIS TIME
by Ivan Jurlina

Great news is coming from The Grearish Union and the city of Salvador. Ivan Štimac in singles and Leoinid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović in doubles, advanced to the quarterfinals.
We will have a special guest in the studio who will comment on the current season.

Ivan Štimac (29) (SRE)              2   7   6
Neth Soulner (WC) (SNC) 6 5 2

After defeating current grand slam winner Arthur Leloup in the previous round, Ivan had Neth Soulner of Sincluda as his opponent in the fourth round. The upcoming world tennis star, Neth Soulner, has seriously threatened our tennis player. Neth Soulner is a great talent and he showed that in this match as well. The young player from Sincluda convincingly won the first set. He even took away Ivan Štimac's service twice in that set. Ivan was not able to stabilize his game at all and find the right rhythm. In the second set, Neth Soulner continues with incredible points. Neth Soulner had an advantage in the second set of 3: 0 and 4: 1. It seemed that this was the end of our player, but then Ivan finally joined the match. He stopped making errors and the situation turned in his flawour. Ivan won several long and strong rallys. Ivan reduces the gap to 4: 3 and then to 5: 4. Neth Soulner serves for the match but fails to concentrate well. His game falls under pressure. Entering the quarterfinals would have been an incredible improvement for him but he failed. Ivan used that pressure and imposed his game, turned the score around and won the set. In the third set, Neth Soulner's game fell apart. The young tennis player was left without strength and was emotionally exhausted. Štimac routinely won that set and eventually the match.
Next opponent to Ivan is Dioro Hansil from Ceni. Dioro Hansil upset first seed Fiorenzo tartoni.

"Neth Soulner is a very talented tennis player. He moves very well and has great shots from the baseline. I was looking for myself during the match. I failed to catch my rhythm. In the end I managed to take advantage of the fact that my opponent has no experience in matches like this. we will hear a lot of good things about this young player. "
said Ivan

IVAN ŠTIMAC

ANOTHER QUARTERFINALS FOR LEO AND GORAN

Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (10) (SRE)        7   6
Massimo Recinella/Oscar Recinella (SOR) 6 1

Our legendary doubles tennis players managed to reach another quarterfinal. In the third round, they defeated a double from San Ortelio, Massimo Recinella and Oscar Recinella. In the first set, the Recinella brothers managed to keep their serve. They played very well and Leo and Goran did not manage to make any advantage in the game. The set went to a tie break. However, our players were more concentrated and won the first set with 7: 6. In the second set, Leo and Goran put in more speed. It was, after all, a level of play that the Recinella brothers could not keep up with. Very convincingly, Leo and Goran won that set and in the end the match.

"A tough first set for us. The Recinella boys played brilliantly. We entered the match a bit reserved. We didn't expect such a game from them. We had to pick up the pace in the game to beat them. In the second set we played our game and didn't want to give up nothing to the case. "said Goran

REPORTER: As we promised you, our guest, Tena Špiričić, is with us. Tena welcome.

TENA: Thank you very much for the invitation.

REPORTER: You have written the history of sports in Srednjaci. You are the first with a single title and for now you are the only one. How it felt after the final.

TENA: Well as you could see for yourself, the final was very difficult and tough. My opponent is about two meters tall. It's not easy to control those ball bombs. I spent myself a lot,physically and emotionally. It took me a long time to adjust to the game.

REPORTER: In many ways, this finale is unique. This is the first edition of the Thre Degrees Open. You will be entered in golden letters as the first winner of the tournament.

TENA: It is a great honor to win the tournament on the international stage. The competition is extremely strong. Just after I got home, my emotions slowly flooded me. Somehow it took a couple of days for my impressions to subside.

REPORTER: It didn't go so well here in Salvador.

TENA: It's not. unfortunately. I lacked freshness and strength in the third round. Maybe if I hadn’t reported doubles, maybe it would have been better in singles. Two matches in one day and I had previously won the tournament, it was a little too much for my body.

REPORTER: Ivan Štimac is showing very good games again.

TENA: I'm very glad for him. I know how hard he worked to improve his play. He was disappointed with the poor result at the Grand Slam.
I watched his match against Arthur Leloup and he really showed that he belongs in the top 10 at the moment.

REPORTER: We got the information that you decided to go to the Olympics?

TENA: Oh yes. The Olympics are every athlete’s dream. Anyone who is serious about sports wants to be a part of the Olympics. So do I.

REPORTER: We look forward to your performances at the Olympics. Leo and Goran are on the winning tracks again. Did you watch their matches?

TENA: I really like those guys. They are my friends and of course I watched the matches. I am always happy when I see their victories. They play great, they play incredible and in some moments seems like they are from other planet. I believe in them and I believe that they will surely win more titles this season.

REPORTER: A lot of great players and tournament winners turned out here in Salvador. How do you comment on what would be called, the death of a favorites?

TENA: The competition is getting stronger and harder. To be at the top, you have to constantly play big tournaments and big matches but also keep a constant. That is very difficult. Simply physically and mentally it is difficult. I think only Leo and Goran managed to win two tournaments in a row this season. But it’s in both singles and doubles. It is a great success.

REPORTER: Tena, thank you for visiting. We wish you a lot of success and look forward to your results.

TENA: Thank you.

REPORTER: Dear viewers, we are checking out for tennis. Then don't forget to get involved in live broadcasts of matches from El Salvador. Ivan Štimac against Dioro Hansil and after them Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović against Val Korekal and Luciano Crepaldi.
Last edited by Srednjaci on Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:23 am

THREE TO SEE: SALVADOR HILLS OPEN, DAY 5

(1) Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (CEN) vs (7) Martha McNeil/Jeff Rogers (GRU)

Sara Zhuo and Gyrachor Rentos are arguably the most dominant team on the NSTT Tour at the moment. So far, they have won three major tournaments — the Cenian Open, the Electrum Slam, and the Hamilton International. Yes, they have won all three tournaments on home soil, but that doesn't diminish their accomplishments in any way, especially given the number of doubles teams (read: zero) who have ever captured the cross-Terranean Slam in a single year, much less in the same year. Even if they had not played together on grass before, the learning curve did not seem to faze them in the first few rounds of this tournament: They won their first round 6-3, 6-1, and they routed fourteenth seeds Bradley Kohnface and Erin Maldry 6-2, 6-1 to reach the quarterfinals. Nobody can dispute that they are playing well on grass.

However, in the quarterfinals on Center Court, they will run into a team with a distinct home advantage: the seventh seeds and Grearish favorites Martha McNeil and Jeff Rogers. Break Point previously predicted that Jeff Rogers would use his intimate knowledge of Centre Court to snuff out rising Srednjaci star Tena Špiričić, and Rogers ultimately prevailed in three sets in that singles encounter. In the doubles, he and McNeil have romped through the tournament without losing a set. They defeated Izzat Manson and George Fakhrul in straight sets in the second round (6-3, 7-5) and handed Fiorenzo Tartoni and his partner Andrea Vergnani a 6-2, 6-2 defeat in a very bad day for Tartoni (he had previously lost 6-1, 6-1 in the singles to Dioro Hansil).

So, both teams are playing well, but only one team has the home crowd on its side (a home crowd that carried them to a title on these courts last year). That team has the further advantage of having a player who grew up on these courts and knows their eccentricities. Even playing against the standout doubles team of the season, McNeil and Rogers will likely prevail.

Winner: McNeil/Rogers

(4) Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (ETM) vs (9) Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (CEN)

The doubles quarterfinals will feature another rematch from the Cenian Open, from the quarterfinals no less. In their previous match at the Grand Slam, Darlcheri and Rianor managed to defeat the Ronya doubles pairing in a competitive but ultimately one-sided match, 6-4, 6-3. The rivalry goes back even further if one considers the matches played between Ronya and the Darlcheri/Rentos partnership which fell apart last year. Nonetheless, Ronya will be looking to avenge their defeat earlier this year.

Admittedly, Ronya have looked shaky at this tournament: They squeaked by Miguel Taberon and Pedro Arrachar of Acastanha in the second round, only managing to pull ahead 7-5 in the third set. They had an equally tight match against fifteenth seeds Lucas Magnier and Adelinde Gunther of Reçueçn, winning 7-6, 4-6, 7-5. But those "runaway scrapes" show that Ronya have the fortitude and the experience to win key points in crucial moments, despite the danger they may be in. And while Darlcheri and Rianor have not dropped a single set so far in this tournament, they have also not faced a seeded opponent yet either.

Ultimately, look to Ronya's sheer talent, experience, and ability to get out of a bind for signs of victory in this encounter — but Darlcheri and Rentos will definitely give them a scare before Gredello and Levinsky pull ahead.

Winner: Gredello/Levinsky

(16) Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) vs (10) Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE)

In yesterday's post, Break Point did not think Val Korekal and Luciano Crepaldi had much of a chance to defeat the second seeds Kohnhead and Hathwar — but they managed to do so anyway, in a 6-2, 6-7, 7-5 victory that was both as competitive as we had expected and more one-sided than we had expected. While the victory will give them confidence, it will also mean they have less in the tank than their opponents, Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović, who defeated San Ortelio's Recinella brothers in a more low-key encounter.

Farkaš and Ibrahimović's stellar record so far gives us another reason to be bearish on Korekal and Crepaldi. While the Cenian/San Ortelian pair certainly have the groundstrokes to pass the Srednjacians at the net, Farkaš and Ibrahimović have absolutely shown that they can return those passing shots with interest at this tournament. Farkaš and Ibrahimović have certainly had more success on the NSTT circuit, too, winning the Astello International and the Antillia Masters to notch a 15-win streak. They certainly have the confidence and the talent to beat Korekal and Crepaldi, who have struggled to reach the later rounds in tournaments throughout this season.

Winner: Farkaš/Ibrahimović
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

The Grearish Union
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Grearish Union » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:21 pm

Quarterfinals

Singles Quarterfinals
Dioro Hansil (13) (CEN)           6   6
Ivan Štimac (29) (SRE) 4 3

Fredrik Stagnelius (18) (PUG) 6 1 5
Jeff Rogers (12) (GRU) 2 6 7

Rodrick Uppatin (22) (KHD) 5 2
Janet Riley (24) (ETM) 7 6

Mindy Waterford (4) (KHD) 5 6 12
Harold Crawley (TJU) 7 3 10

Doubles Quarterfinals
Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (1) (ETM/CEN)         6   6
Martha McNeil/Jeff Rogers (7) (GRU) 2 4

Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (4) (ETM) 2 6
Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (9) (CEN) 6 7

Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (16) (CEN/SOR) 6 6 6
Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (10) (SRE) 7 3 2

Vječeslav Korent/Alen Glesnik (WC) (DOT) 7 5 3
Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (8) (TJU) 6 7 6

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:37 am

Terranean Broadcasting Company

Salvador Hills Open: Dioro Hansil sets up Jeff Rogers clash; Cenian players to feature in both doubles semifinals

By Zion Berik
TBC Sport in Salvador, Grearia

July 13, 2021

Dioro Hansil reached his first NSTT semifinal since Season 4 by dismissing the Srednjacian hopeful Ivan Štimac, 6-3, 6-4.

Hansil apparently took his coach's advice to play more seriously to heart, and he certainly hit fewer goofy drop shots and fewer chip-and-charge returns as he focused heavily on his buggy-whip forehand to constantly pass Štimac at the net. Nonetheless, he continued with his unorthodox game that seems perfectly suited for grass as he served and volleyed the majority of the time.

In fact, Štimac never could break Hansil as his service game remained more consistent than it ever has been.

"Defeating Fiorenzo Tartoni really gave me a confidence boost," said Hansil. "I usually try to have a lot of fun on the court, but I took myself seriously against Fiorenzo for the most part and look how that turned out."

However, even against Štimac, Hansil still saved space for his usual antics, especially drop shots and tweener lobs.

When asked about his arsenal, Hansil shrugged. "I can take myself seriously and hit some fun shots every now and then!"

In the doubles tournament, three out of the four teams remaining in the field have a Cenian player. Sara Zhuo and Gyrachor Rentos ended the title defense of hometown favorites Martha McNeil and Jeff Rogers 6-2, 6-4, while Coosal Darlcheri and Perger Rianor upset Electrumites Sonya Gredello and Rosa Levinsky 6-2, 7-6.

Zhuo and Rentos continued their dominance on grass, as the Cenian-Electrumite duo has not dropped a set yet at the Salvador Hills Open.

"We don't play a particularly aggressive formation, so I'm a little confused as to why exactly we have done so well on grass," said Rentos, speculating that some of their success probably came from an unproportionately high number of grass courts in New Oxford and Whitehaven.

"I do well at the net, and Sara has a really high intelligence for when to lob and when to hit a passing shot," Rentos continued. "Perhaps grass encourages our opponents to come to the net more, and we tend to do a really good job of getting balls past other teams at the net."

Meanwhile, Rentos' former partner Coosal Darlcheri commented on his team's victory over the famous Ronya. "It always feels surreal to defeat them," Darlcheri said. "It never feels like we actually should be beating them, just because they've had so much success over the past seven seasons of NSTT action."

Nonetheless, Darlcheri and Rianor now own two wins over Ronya this year, perhaps a sign of the Electrumite pairing's decline that the Electrumite press have frequently weight in on.

For his part, Rianor thought the victory over Ronya signified their partnership's success. "Both Coosal and I came from long-lasting partnerships that broke apart, in my case when my older brother Ricpeer wanted to retire."

"But we both overcame some opening jitters when playing together, and we've been able to develop a really good chemistry together."

Zhuo and Rentos will face Darlcheri and Rianor for a spot in the final, setting up a rematch of their Beçonailles clash in which Darlcheri and Rianor prevailed, 6-3, 6-7, 6-2.

On the other side of the draw, Val Korekal and Luciano Crepaldi reached their first NSTT semifinal together after two attempts with a hard-fought 6-7, 6-3, 6-2 victory over the heavily heralded team of Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović of Srednjaci.

In particular, the pairing used their booming serves and forehands to good advantage, firing winner after winner in the alleys that Farkaš and Ibrahimović simply could not respond to. Korekal also poached to good effect many a time, catching Farkaš and Ibrahimović unawares at the net.

Korekal and Crepaldi will face Cenian Open finalists Shinji Makauchi and Felipe de la Rosa in the semifinals, a day after they dispatched the Dotivijan wild cards Vječeslav Korent and Alen Glesnik 6-7, 7-5, 6-3 in the quarterfinals.

"Our struggles to establish ourselves on the NSTT circuit have been well documented," said Korekal. "But now, we've proven that we can fight at the highest levels of the tournament."

"I think it took Luciano a while to adjust to playing doubles at an elite level," Korekal continued. "But I think I've made him more competitive, and he's definitely mellowed me a little. We're really coming into our own."
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

The Grearish Union
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Grearish Union » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:00 pm

Semifinals

Singles Semifinals
Dioro Hansil (13) (CEN)       6   6
Jeff Rogers (12) (GRU) 3 2

Janet Riley (24) (ETM) 7 6
Mindy Waterford (4) (KHD) 5 4

Doubles Semifinals
Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (1) (ETM/CEN)         7   7
Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (9) (CEN) 5 5

Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (16) (CEN/SOR) 6 7
Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (8) (TJU) 2 6

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:49 am

The Turnip: Suspicious: Electrumite Rival Issues Ominous Warning Before Today's Final At Salvador
by Billiam Maskey, chief-editor-in-chief

Dioro Hansil, one time ukelele tuner and tofu aficionado, has miraculously made it to the finals of the Salvador Open in just his second tournament back. In the finals he will face a certain Janet Riley, known for her counterpunching style, and squatting low on her knees to get the ball. The two haven't played each other before as Dioro Hansil has the unfortunate distinction of being the worst from a group of very good players, having played only at Ceni prior to this tournament, while Riley is on her second year on tour.

Those months, nay, years of resentment have surely gone to Hansil as he gave a cryptic and suspicious speech on the day of the final. Let us set the scene. He was standing outside. As soon as he opened his mouth, the skies turned dark, thunder started to pierce the silence and he cackled for seven minutes in front of the camera, eyes close, mouth open, eyes closed saying "MUAHAHAHAHAHHA". Ominous laughter aside, he then composed himself and said, "The Cenians will repay what they did to me! Tossing me aside is like choosing to use a Toyota when you have a Ferrari in the garage!" Apparently these are types of tofu.

He then closed his speech with, "I'll show them that they should have never underestimated me, as I rule the world with the iron fist! This is only the first step of my hundred stage plan for world domination!" Truly shocking stuff. And what's more is, just like Thor, who seemed to have control of the heavens, as soon as Hansil's speech was over, the heavens opened up, the skies turned blue and the birds started chirping again. If ever there was a man that had ever been wronged, it was this guy.

But what about Riley? How did she react? Well she said that, "I'm not sure what Dioro's on about. To be honest, I've just been thinking about this multicoloured pen that I bought in the Salvador Market. It can do blue, green, orange, I mean that's pretty much the whole rainbow! I'm going to write so many curse words with it. Oh, you were asking about the tennis? Meh. I'm a millennial, matters of sport are merely trifling." No truer words have been spoken.

San Ortelio
Envoy

Founded: Nov 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby San Ortelio » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:48 am

Antillia Masters, quarterfinals

”And it’s a service for Val Korekal here, the Cenian with a signature first serve and Rentos needs to stretch to grab it. Crepaldi with the smash and oh! There’s a hesitation there but the umpire calls it in! The tiebreak is going to the Cenian-Ortelian duo! Some protest there from Zhuo but she doesn’t get any feedback from the chair, and oh, oh, oh, Luciano Crepaldi with a little dancing move to celebrate the opening set going their way. The number one in the multiverse, the victor of the first two Grand Slams of the year but now Zhuo and Rentos are in a difficult situation, can they turn this around?”

With a court-wide smile, Luciano Crepaldi sinks into his chair, seemingly oblivious for the fact that Val ignored his outstretched arm for a high five.

“Well now you’ve really pushed your luck,” the Cenian noted, whilst searching for his recovery drink.
“Nah, mate,” Crepaldi giggled, “no worries. If I do a smash like that, it’s right in front of the line and not a tenth of an inch further. Wait? An inch is like, not that much, right?”
“I’m not talking about that,” Korekal continued, ignoring his latter question, “I’m talking about that.”

And with a simple head gesture, he forced Crepaldi to study the opposition.

“They’re… Using a towel and drinking a s-“
“Look at their faces.”
“… They’re not happy, mate.”
“No, they’re not. What you just did out there,” Korekal waved to the court, rose and walked to his position, “they won’t forget. They’ll eat you alive now.”
“But…”
“But you’ve still got a lot to learn, kid,” Val finalized before walking away, oblivious to the limited age gap between them.

Salvador Hills Open, semi-finals

”De la Rosa… No, no he can’t reach it anymore, a clever slice through the middle from Val Korekal and the former wunderkind can prepare himself for his first final since his return, in pair with Luciano Crepaldi. They’ve beaten the number two of the world, they’ve beaten double tournament winners Farkas and Ibrahimovic and now they come out on top against the number six of the running season. This duo has grown throughout the season but are they ready yet to harvest against the world number one duo?”

As Korekal hit the final return, Luciano Crepaldi positioned himself again, at the left side of the court but closer to the middle to compensate for his out-of-balance teammate. It was not until the umpire called the point that he removed his stare from the opposite side and glanced to Val. The Cenian had an expression on his face which he could not fully fathom, or imagine to be his – it was the grimace from a man who had conquered a mountain but at the same time was already looking at the next, higher one in the distance. There was a fistpump, a short and powerful one, and then Val Korekal stepped to the net to shake hands with Makauchi and De La Rosa – a title for the finalists of the Cenian Open looked overdue, but this would not be the occasion for the TJUN-ians.

In a haze, Crepaldi followed the example from Korekal, walked to the net and greeted the opposition who, especially during the second set, had had their chances for success. With Val, they slammed eachother shoulder but nothing more – once they were seated, it took a second or ten before someone broke the silence.

“Zhuo/Rentos up next,” Crepaldi remarked, nearly casually. Deep down, it still felt unnatural to mention those two as if they were just another duo.
“And fast as well,” Korekal confirmed – he was still looking at his racket, possibly for the tiniest of differences in tension between two strings.

Crepaldi nodded, sunken in his thoughts. The second set of the Antillian Open had been carved deep in his skin – the only bagel they took all season long and that in the most important game from their budding career. Zhuo and Rentos barely even celebrated it, it felt business as usual for the duo. The sentiment had never been brought to words, but Luciano knew deep down that their have had to been times after that where Val contemplated the expiration date of their partnership.

“You coming?” Val asked – somewhere in Luciano’s daydreaming, the Cenian had packed his bag and rose, as did the crowd.
“Yeah, yeah, let me just grab my gear,” Crepaldi spoke, before dropping his racket and failing to find the right pocket for his drink bottle.

Amidst it stood Val, with a wide grin on his face, “don’t worry, you’ve learned a lot already… Mate.”

Now, Luciano smiled as well – even when Val turned around quickly, mentioning, “but we’ll have to see if you learned enough.”
Last edited by San Ortelio on Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
San Ortelio, your favorite pseudo-Italian, coastal microstate. Less than half a million inhabitants who stand for a rich culture, are governed
by an delicate yet marvellously balanced system and remain economically viable due to fishing and funky tax laws.
But enough about us. Come vai?

We're no international threat, so have our domestic thread.
Definitely check the invitation box in the OP if you want to get involved.

Ceni
Senator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:11 am

THE PICK: SALVADOR HILLS OPEN, FINALS

Singles Final: (13) Dioro Hansil (CEN) vs (24) Janet Riley (ETM)

Well, this is certainly an unanticipated final, even if we did expect some surprises due to the absence of much of the Top 10. The Cenian trickster Dioro Hansil with his topspin-heavy forehand and penchant for drop shots will face the Electrumite journeywoman, the counterpuncher Janet Riley. Hansil certainly looks like the favorite to win, from many angles. On paper, he has an 11-place rankings edge against the Electrumite, even if the vast majority of points are from his protecting ranking (which will disappear after this tournament). And in practice, Hansil has absolutely destroyed the competition in the business end of this tournament. After a 6-1, 6-1 win over top seed Fiorenzo Tartoni, he has not dropped a single set, winning 6-3, 6-4 against Ivan Štimac in the quarterfinals and a 6-3, 6-2 win over home hopeful Jeff Rogers in the semifinals. TBC reported after Hansil's quarterfinal win over Štimac that Hansil started taking his game more seriously before his match with Tartoni, and that has paid dividends so far.

But we shouldn't discount Riley either. In the round of 16, she defeated Johmer Vales (Hansil's compatriot who has a similarly aggressive serve-and-volley strategy) without too much trouble, prevailing 6-3, 6-4. In the quarterfinals, she had a tough first set against Rodrick Uppatin but eventually easing past the 22nd seed 7-5, 6-2. And in the semifinals, Riley defeated another Kohnheadian player (is that the right demonym?) without too much trouble. As we've seen this tournament, Riley especially enjoys pulling her opponents into the net and then taking advantage with perfect passing shots and lobs.

We can say two things for certain, whoever wins. First, this will be an interesting contest, marked by a return to the great net versus baseline rivalries in tennis. And secondly, Riley will be ahead of Hansil in the rankings, no matter the result. But we think that Hansil will win: His serve has the power to blow Riley off the court, and so far, he has been a brick wall at the net. Riley can hardly counterpunch his finesse and solid placement there.

Winner: Hansil

Doubles Final: (1) Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (ETM/CEN) vs (16) Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR)

If the singles final is relatively lacking in star power, the doubles final is not. First seeds Sara Zhuo and Gyrachor Rentos have advanced to the final here without dropping a single set, despite a relatively close 7-5, 7-5 victory over Cenians Coosal Darlcheri and Perger Rianor giving them scares on that account. From the other side of the draw, Val Korekal and Luciano Crepaldi have fought their way to their first NSTT final after a season filled with promise but poor results. They defeated the number two seeds, Spencer Kohnhead and Marcus Hathwar, and the team with the most momentum this season, Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović of Srednjaci. So even if Zhuo and Rentos have the advantage on paper, Korekal and Crepaldi have finally found their own in a tournament, and they have red-hot momentum coming into the finals.

But their head-to-head history throws some water on that hypothesis. The two have played most recently in the quarterfinals Antillia Masters, where Korekal and Crepaldi had recently defeated eighth seeds Lucas Magnier and Adelinde Gunther from Recuecn. Korekal and Crepaldi relied on their momentum to take the first set in a tightly contested tiebreaker, but after that, Zhuo and Rentos (definitely the most dominant doubles team so far this season) did the same thing they've done in quite a few matches this season: They ignored the last set as if it had not happened and proceeded to demolish Korekal and Crepaldi 6-0, 6-4 in the remaining two sets. While we would like to bet on Korekal and Crepaldi maintaining their run of form, we would be foolish to bet against Zhuo and Rentos winning their fourth title of the season.

Winner: Zhuo/Rentos
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41

The Grearish Union
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Grearish Union » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:05 pm

Finals

Singles Final
Dioro Hansil (13) (CEN)     6   6
Janet Riley (24) (ETM) 3 1

Doubles Final
Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (1) (ETM/CEN)         3   3
Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (16) (CEN/SOR) 6 6

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Britonish Open - Starting 27 September 2021

Postby Britonisea » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:14 pm

Opening Message

To Whom It May Concern

After a long hiatus, The Britonish Open is back for a fourth time as an NSTT-Sanctioned event and we cannot wait to welcome tennis players, and of course, fans from across the multiverse back to Britonisea for what is expected to be a wonderful week of fun, excitement and entertainment. The NSTT is winding down now, with only a few events to go until the end of year events, so we know how important The Britonish Open is and we know that there is a lot riding on this. Britonisea is ready to welcome the tennis players with the utmost professionalism, meeting the needs of all the players and making their stay in the country stress-free.

The Britons are looking forward to opening the borders to international fans who have a passion for the sport of tennis. Working with our partners Visit Doportedas and ÉLÉGAMMENT, alongside the matches, The Britonish Open will organise other events in and around Barlinedon and the wider city to make sure that everybody can not enjoy the best of tennis but the best of Britonisea also. From chances to meet former and current tennis players, raffles and tombolas, open barbecues and music events - we will make sure that we have got you covered.

Ahead of the Singles Final, we've planned to make an event out of it welcoming international tennis back to our country and we look forward to sharing with you the project we have been working on. Attached is the information about The Britonish Open, including those participating in the qualifiers.

I hope you enjoy The 2021 Britonish Open - see you soon...

Arley Nixon
Chairman of Associasoin Tennis Brityunik [ATB]

Below are the draws. You will be able to check who plays who in the upcoming round. The Order of Play will be provided after all the results have come through after each day.

Singles Draw As exactly 96 singles players were confirmed to be participating in The Britonish Open, all players have been entered into the Main Draw. Here is the list of all the matches.

Round of 96

Match 1 Domenico Lunghi (SOR) v Abi Forrest (BRI)
Match 2 Ljubomir Ivanković (SRE) v Vaeri Yllamyar (DFX)
Match 3 Goran Bogdanovich (BPE) v Elena Fiori (SOR)
Match 4 Margie Brown (GRU) v Sevastrya Drakonyz (DFX)
Match 5 Martin Khalizniakov (BPE) v Mirella Xanthou (BRO)
Match 6 Theresa Waterford (KHD) v Miguel Llawnpoylnygeron (CIS)
Match 7 Makom Yamanov (MIL) v Styliani Kelesdou (BRO)
Match 8 Lucija Bagarić (SRE) v Sythenae Drakonyz (DFX)
Match 9 Morriah Stevens (MIL) v Indah Mizrahi (SDR)
Match 10 Austin McDanielson (TJU) v Maiko Omoronde (CIS)
Match 11 Dusan Ventaromovich (BPE) v Stan Shaw (SNC)
Match 12 Batera Siwara (ERM) v Madeleine Jeffries (HOP)
Match 13 Mirko Tonti (SOR) v Emily Romanescu (ADB)
Match 14 Alexey Pustozerov (WSN) v Kyrsten Fletcher (HOP)
Match 15 Rog Ion Tralito (NTN) v Aaliyah de León (BRI)
Match 16 Mihaela Ioana Prisco (NTN) v Jim Snakeoil (CIS)
Match 17 Haikal Jansen (SHT) v Konstadinos Papadimitrou (BRO)
Match 18 Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) v Lacey John (UAD)
Match 19 Waltraut Harman (GGY) v Chak'Alley (SNC)
Match 20 Sekar Laut (ERM) v Flynch McFair (CIS)
Match 21 Barklay Raiken-Tellay (SNC) v Fabienne Bumgarner (GGY)
Match 22 Shinji Makauchi (TJU) v Erik Burawa (HOP)
Match 23 Foger Rederer (ADB) v Amir Utama (SDR)
Match 24 Mekar Laut (ERM) v Farryn Sarkrana (DFX)
Match 25 Hana Kaori (NTN) v Puteri Alamsyah (SDR)
Match 26 Davi Malakkar (ACS) v Aaren Seabrooke (UAD)
Match 27 David Milphredes (MIL) v Alexios Lakovakis (BRO)
Match 28 Jason Gordon (BRI) v Jumal Huyluer (HOP)
Match 29 Anton Yarovikov (WSN) v Dian Wirasastra (SDR)
Match 30 Naim Alex (SHT) v Indigo Crawford (UAD)
Match 31 Neth Soulner (SNC) v Amarsin Gandas (ADB)
Match 32 Maria Cláudia Amúlio (NTN) v Dale Carman (UAD)

Round of 64
28th September - Round of 64

The winner of match (Ro.96) will play...
Match 1 - (1) Ardil Navsal (CEN)
Match 2 - (30) Anthony Powers (KHD)
Match 3 - (13) Martha McNeil (GRU)
Match 4 - (18) Syamim Kevin (SHT)
Match 5 - (5) Valentina Spetsova (TJU)
Match 6 - (25) Eva Sarvan (ACS)
Match 7 - (11) Bartholomew Pole (KHD)
Match 8 - (23) Armin Miksa (GGY)
Match 9 - (4) Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU)
Match 10 - (26) Iris Bergadhga (ACS)
Match 11 - (15) Dioro Hansil (CEN)
Match 12 - (24) Lucas Parvash (ACS)
Match 13 - (7) Mindy Waterford (KHD)
Match 14 - (28) Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU)
Match 15 - (12) Donat Kis (GGY)
Match 16 - (20) Ricardo Toli (BRI)

Match 17 - (2) Lonus Varalin (CEN)
Match 18 - (29) Alya Elyas (SHT)
Match 19 - (16) Ivan Štimac (SRE)
Match 20 - (22) Komang Agus Artawan (PCU)
Match 21 - (8) Jeff Rogers (GRU)
Match 22 - (31) Hemat Darwisa (ERM)
Match 23 - (9) Teegan Sosa (GRU)
Match 24 - (17) Tena Špiričić (SRE)
Match 25 - (3) Fiorenzo Tartoni (SOR)
Match 26 - (32) Ayu Ratih Kemalasari (PCU)
Match 27 - (14) Ivo Dhjukharevic (BPE)
Match 28 - (19) Carmichael Brown (ETM)
Match 29 - (6) Andrew Simmons (ETM)
Match 30 - (27) Livinia Moore (ETM)
Match 31 - (10) Janet Riley (ETM)
Match 32 - (21) Noah Damaris (CEN)

Round of 32
29th September - Round of 32

Round of 16
30th September - Round of 16

Round of 8
2nd October - Quarterfinals

Semi FInals
3rd October - Semifinals

Grand Finals
4th October - Finals

Doubles Draw

Qualifiers
27th September - Qualifiers Round 1

Match 1 Eniko Dudas/Henrietta Szanto (GGY) v Shrook Ionescu/Shahenda Ionescu (NTN)
Match 2 Indigo Crawford/Dale Carman (UAD) v Tunjung Ma'rif/Budi Darmawan (SDR)

Round of 48
28th September - Round of 48

Match 1 Martin Khalizniakov/Dusan Ventaromovich (BPE) v Fiorenzo Tartoni/Elena Fiori (SOR)
Match 2 Vuyani Rabada/Kaui Kamakawiwoʻole (TJU) v Winner of Qualification Match 2
Match 3 Elizabeth Quehall/Ricardo Toli (BRI) v (WC) Alexios Lakovakis/Konstadinos Papadimitrou (BRO)
Match 4 Vanessza Pataki/Marvin Weinwurm (GGY) v (WC) Mirella Xanthou/Styliani Kelesdou (BRO)
Match 5 Lenta Rasmi/Jayadi Ahmad (ERM/PCU) v Domenico Lunghi/Stella Lunghi (SOR)
Match 6 Tena Špiričić/Alina Koreleva (SRE) v (WC) Farryn Sarkrana/Vaeri Yllamyar (DFX)
Match 7 Ivo Dhjukharevic/Goran Bogdanovich (BPE) v Jennadora Elaisey/Barklay Raiken-Tellay (SNC)
Match 8 Kim Li Bo/Mei Li Bo (TJU) v (WC) Sythenae Drakonyz/Sevastrya Drakonyz (DFX)
Match 9 Ruslan Chernichenko/Alexander Zaretsky (WSN) v Neth Soulner/Dioro Hansil (SNC/CEN)
Match 10 Mekar Laut/Sekar Laut (ERM) v Winner of Qualification Match 1
Match 11 Evgeny Kondratenko/Oleg Vlasov (WSN) v (WC) Foger Rederer/Amarsin Gandas (ADB)
Match 12 Abi Forrest/Leone Na (BRI) v (WC) Muhammad Pratama/Bungso Kiat (SDR)
Match 13 Mihai Carolus Maro/Claudius Ion Varro (NTN) v Stephen Davis/David Stevens (MIL)
Match 14 Diana Jansen/Haikal Jansen (SHT) v (WC) Aaren Seabrooke/Lacey John (UAD)
Match 15 Batera Siwara/Hemat Darwisa (ERM) v Meyer Mayor/Mayor Meyer (MIL)
Match 16 Jeremy Glass/Teegan Sosa (GRU) v (WC) Kyrsten Fletcher/Jumal Huyluer (HOP)

Round of 32
29th September - Round of 32

The winner of match (Ro.48) will play...
Match 1 (1) Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (ETM/CEN)
Match 2 (14) Ana Radkkar/Eva Radkkar (ACS)
Match 3 (5) Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (CEN)
Match 4 (11) Bradley Kohnface/Erin Maldry (KHD)
Match 5 (4) Martha McNeil/Jeff Rogers (GRU)
Match 6 (15) Izzat Manson/George Fakhrul (SHT)
Match 7 (7) Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE)
Match 8 (12) Anthony Kawasaki/Jack Ho (ETM)
Match 9 (2) Spencer Kohnhead/Marcus Hathwar (KHD/ETM)
Match 10 (16) Miguel Taberon/Pedro Arrachar (ACS)
Match 11 (8) Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati (PCU)
Match 12 (10) Riley Dovatin/Melissa Turnface (KHD)
Match 13 (3) Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (ETM)
Match 14 (13) Oka Sulastra/Luh Putu Yundari (PCU)
Match 15 (6) Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR)
Match 16 (9) Elia Xal/Liam Penderyn (CEN)

Round of 16
30th September - Round of 16

Round of 8
2nd October - Quarterfinals

Semi FInals
3rd October - Semifinals

Grand Finals
4th October - Finals

Challonge will be used to help keep track of the draws.

1 This will be updated with The Britonish Open information soon...

I look forward to your RPs - see you in a few days!
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Order of Play: 27th September 2021

Postby Britonisea » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:39 am

Order of Play: 27th September 2021

Stadium Matches
    CENTRE COURT (14820)
    Foger Rederer (ADB) v Amir Utama (SDR)
    Domenico Lunghi (SOR) v Abi Forrest (BRI)
    Alexey Pustozerov (WSN) v Kyrsten Fletcher (HOP)
    Jason Gordon (BRI) v Jumal Huyluer (HOP)
    Haikal Jansen (SHT) v Konstadinos Papadimitrou (BRO)

MAINE COURT (13000)
    Rog Ion Tralito (NTN) v Aaliyah de León (BRI)
    Ljubomir Ivanković (SRE) v Vaeri Yllamyar (DFX)
    Goran Bogdanovich (BPE) v Elena Fiori (SOR)
    Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) v Lacey John (UAD)

BVC WEATHER FORECAST - DOPORTEDAS (Barlinedon)

21°C
For the first day of tennis at Barlinedon, it is expected to be a relatively mild day with a cool westerly breeze, which may make the real-feel temperature slightly cooler at 17°C. The day will start off rather overcast, but as we reach early evening - the end of the Day Session at The Britonish Open - fans will be able to see the sun set as it is expected to clear up by then.

BVC LATEST NEWS - DOPORTEDAS

• Doportedas has its first tourist spike in months as Barlinedon gears up to host The Britonish Open IV
  • University students cram into sports halls and arenas across the city as they celebrate Freshers' Week - students are expected to party 'till sunrise throughout the next few days!
  • Britonisea's hopes of World Cup qualification dashed as the country can no longer mathematically make it through - fans disappointed.
  • Doportedas' Olympic Stadium to host upcoming match against Baggieland on the 26th September, expected to cause havoc as Aysledwire Station - which provides direct routes from Olympia Airport to both Barlinedon and Olympic Stadium.
  • Fusteyn High Street experiences record numbers of footfall as people prefer shopping in person than online.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Dragonfluxx
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonfluxx » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:48 am

Redemption: Prologue

It’s a clear, dark night on the cliffs near Drakensburg, a middling city an hour from the capital, Pyramancia. Two kitsune explorers clad in archaeological gear sit on a rocky outcrop, stargazing. The two fox-girls are in a romantic embrace, having spent years doing this job together. Little did they know their job was about to propel them to a level of notoriety they never expected.

“Karv, it’s time to get up, these ruins aren’t gonna find themselves, even though the city is pretty and shiny tonight.” spoke one in a lilted voice to faer soul-mate and partner-in-crime. “Yes Vira. We shouldn’t be slacking for Faer Holiness hirself, even if fae would be okay with us taking a short break like we did.” Karv replied in a gravelly tone, betraying her feminine appearance somewhat.

The two then got up from the rocky outcrop from which they sat, and started heading back down to safer ground. They were near ancient ruins that the realm's living goddess wanted them to explore. Even though faer knew everything and could control all, fae preferred to leave it up to fate, chance, and luck. To interfere would get in the way of hir enjoyment of the good stories faer people made.

Karv and Vira, a respected couple in archeology, had been hand-picked for this mission. Karv’s full name being Karvel Miteal Parelai, and Vira’s being Viraska Neraso Vontiva. Among family lines is the surname, the second given by parents at birth, and the first chosen in adulthood. Said species of Dragonfluxx being Dragons, Kitsunes, and Nekos, all in anthropomorphic form.

The sun started breaking over the horizon, as day began to approach. The cover of darkness would soon finish and it was time to begin the search. After having slept near the outcrop and woken up to embrace under the stars, the two had returned to camp to eat. They had recently finished eating, when they started looking at their map.

“Karv… the ruins. They should be right near where we were a few minutes ago.” Vira noted, in a querying tone. Fae knew the search was almost over, but the hard part was about to begin. Karv nodded and opened a rucksack, grabbing two sheathed swords and handing them to Vira. “Ah… expecting trouble?” asked Vira. Karv nodded, seeming troubled as she stared towards the rocks they had recently left.

Vira bowed as fae grabbed faer weaponry before hitching it on faer scabbard. “Let’s go. Can’t keep Fayte waiting.” fae stated, before heading back to the outcrop. Karv then followed shortly after, sticking close in case of an ambush. They made their way back to the cropping when a small etching caught Karv’s eye. She tapped Vira’s shoulder and motioned to it, and Vira acknowledged. Fae knew noisemaking would cause trouble, hence the cautionary approach.

Vira approached the markings, and read them, a look of both success and horror on faer face.

Here lis Nexus Drko. Trator, insne dicttr, nd undsrbl asshl. My he nevr fnd rst.1

“Found it. Dig.” whispered Vira. Karv then started digging. They had one job, and they couldn’t afford to fuck this up. It would mean disaster. She then hit wood, and started uncovering the coffin.

Opening it, the lack of a stench worried her as the preserved body of an early Draconic leader stared back. Uncorking a bottle, she poured the contents over the body as Vira then lit a match and dropped it in.

The entire coffin then burst into flames, then disintegrated as fast as it had set alight. This was the final step in a decades long ritual to cleanse the land of Nexxus' corruption.

Nexxus is dead. Long Live Dragonfluxx.

1 (Translated from Drknkn Englsh2: Here lies Nexxus Drako. Traitor, insane dictator, and undesirable asshole. May he never find rest.)
2 Drakonikan English, an old "cringelang" of mine. Just as cringe as Nexxus TBH.

EDITS 1/2: Grammar, Spelling, Punctuation.
Last edited by Dragonfluxx on Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Pronouns and Contact Info
Transfeminine, Intersex, Furry, Out, Loud, Proud, Never Closeted Again

Formerly the slani ojyu envuril'het1 known as Nexxus Drako / New Drakonika / Vyktory / Vykta
1 stupid &$§%"$%/( lizard in Rejistanian.

Sincluda
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sincluda » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:11 pm

International Tennis Back in Full Swing

Article written by Mike Morrow

The NationStates Tennis Tour, which Sincluda joined only a few months ago, has returned after a break for the Olympics. To kick off the return, we'll be looking at the Britonish Open. The Britonish Open is also returning following years-long hiatus. Taking place in Doportedas, Britonisea, the tournament will be attended by none other than President Trinity herself, as she oversees the success of the nation's sports initiative.

The Sincludan players to watch this time around will be Neth Soulner, Barklay Raiken-Tellay, Stan Shaw, and Chak'Alley. The latter two are both new to the international scene, and are among the most beloved Sincludan athletes. In fact, they and Soulner made for the top 3 favorite Sincludan athletes in a poll recently conducted by The Sincludan Athlete. This goes to show the nation's love for tennis! As for the doubles, Raiken-Tellay will be paired with eternal friend and teammate Jennadora Elaisey. Elaisey unfortunately will not be playing singles due to having to help direct the development of her tennis complex. The other doubles pair will be Soulner teaming up with the Cenian Dioro Hansil. They decided to team up because of their shared fun-loving personalities.

{~}

Development of Star River Tennis Complex Going Smoothly, Elaisey Says

Article written by Nia Kendrel

One of the beneficiaries of the recent executive order that directed funds to sports complexes is the Star River Tennis Complex (SRTC). SRTC is already the largest tennis complex in the nation, and is about to become much bigger. From its grant, SRTC will be adding a new premier center court, titled "Coxis Stadium," in honor of Liam Coxis, who pioneered the sport of tennis in Sincluda. The plans also include a variety of bars and restaurants, along with 10 additional practice courts. Construction has only begun on Coxis Stadium, however.

Coxis Stadium is planned to seat 10,000 people, double that of the old center court, Gallop Court. It will feature 26 suites, each with a TV, minibar, and ping-pong table (for those wishing to join in on the tennis fun). There are plans for 18 concession stands in the stadium, although that number has been subject to change. The stadium will also feature a retractable roof since the area is known for rainy days.

Spearheading the project is the complex's owner and national tennis star Jennadora Elaisey. Elaisey will be directing the project remotely for the next week as she participates in the Britonish Open in Britonisea. When asked about her thoughts on the project, Elaisey had this to say: "This is an incredible project that I am eternally grateful for being given the chance to oversee. It's not everyday that you can boast building an international-class stadium. Everything is going smoothly, and we already have the frame of the stadium built. If everything goes as planned, we should have most of the seats installed by the time I return home. I look forward not only to the completion of this project, but to watching and participating in matches in the new stadium!"

{~}

SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
HURRICANE FORMING NEAR DELTA BAY
PROJECTED LANDING IN: 5-10 DAYS

This is an emergency message from the Sincludan government to be distributed on all forms of media.

Beepee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beepee » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:08 pm

---

Children and adults across Beepee are rushing out to Beepee Independent Grocers to snap up stickers for the Beepee's Official Britonish Open Sticker Album, with sales topping one thousand in the first few hours alone.   With the albums costing Bp$h 4.99 and sticker packs costing Bp$h 2.99, its a nice little money spinner for Beepeean business.

The 16 page sticker album are a surprising hit, much like Eastern Fifth's "Expelliarmus" rapidly climbing up the Beepeean Topplist Charts.    Online Web pages are already being set up to allow for swaps by excited patents and children keen to get their hands on that missing sticker.

The Britonish Open is also being prominently advertised on television, with live tennis being shown overnight (due to the timezone difference) on BONC.  Despite the overnight showing ratings are still expected to be high for both the live action and highlight shows.  For the opening days play, it is anticipated that the ratings will peak at for the Goran Bogdanovich match against Elena Fiori from San Ortelio which is due to begin at about 3am Beepeean Actual Time.  Little is known of unranked Fiori, and Bogdanovich will be hoping to scrape through to the next round, where a potential match up against Martha McNeil awaits.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:38 am

Centralis Herald - Sports Section - Luke Zhang

Olympic Games: The Wash Up

In a twice-in-a-lifetime opportunity, Electrum's tennis players had the opportunity to battle it out for one of three medals in each of the five tennis disciplines at the Olympics. While there were wild hopes for at least two gold medals at home on the clay of the former grounds of the Terranean Slam, it was not to be with ruminations that the pressure heaped onto Electrum's athletes caused them to underperform at key moments. In addition, this was only the second Olympic Games in the previous seven that Electrum has not won a single gold medal in the tennis - only two bronzes and a silver. Meanwhile, others say that this was an inevitable conclusion given the large possibility of sets that draws of over 128 players can create. Let's have a look at how the nominally 'best' players did in each of the five disciplines.

Men's singles
While Andrew Simmons recreated his scintillating form on clay with an almost faultless campaign, he fell at the final hurdle with an upset loss against debuting Foger Rederer from Adab. Rederer was simply the revelation of the men's singles tournament with his ability to hit winners on clay with the high-rpm balls matching well against Simmons' grinding style of play. Simmons will also rue those early breaks in both sets that cost him but those mistakes are understandable in the scheme of things given the circumstances. Meanwhile, the true test for Rederer will be his debut on the NSTT on the grass -- it's a completely different surface and he won't have the benefit of being the underdog anymore.

Women's singles
Giannapolous failed to make the most of her one-tournament post-retirement comeback. While she picked up steam as the tournament progressed (notching easy wins in the first four rounds), she struggled to adjust to the play from around the fourth round onwards. Coming back on tour after months off and having a baby meant she simply lost steam as the tournament progressed. While a younger Giannapolous would have done just fine with back-to-back three setters, Giannapolous simply could only try to shorten the points as much as possible during the latter stages of the tournament. It was, however, not enough against the likes of Benjamin Mark's Stephanie Lawrence in the semifinals and the Alezian Union's Risyana Dadon in the bronze medal final. The whole crowd were simply guttered that the hometown favourite would not be able to medal at her final hurrah.

Women's doubles
Another disappointing performance from the lofty-high expectations of the ELTA. Many at the ELTA were hoping that we would once again see a gold medal match against two Electrumite teams like we saw at the Games of the XI Olympiad where Gredello/Levinsky defeated Levitt/Smith for gold. With the Electrum Olympic Council having a policy of drawing all athletes from the same nation into different areas of the draw, this opportunity was ripe for the picking. Unfortunately, Gredello/Levinsky have continued their form slump of this season, losing to Antari and Andreawati in the quarterfinals. This is yet another indicator that Ronya might not qualify for the year-end finals after qualifying for it for so long and winning four Olympic medals as a team. Both players consistently made errors and when the Pemecutan team aimed their shots at Gredello on the Levinsky serve, there was nothing much Ronya could do to win. Zhuo, however, had much more to celebrate with her partner Stewart, as she had won her first ever Olympic medal, yet another promising sign for the current #1 NSTT doubles player. While they lost to Na and Forrest in a tight match tiebreaker, the two picked up from where they left off in the quarterfinals to secure the bronze medal against a Mytanar team. Perhaps they would have won had they played in the normal NSTT ruleset of a full third set, but we will never know.

Men's doubles
A surprise victory here given that Hathwar and Kawasaki were unfavoured, given they played with each other for the first time at Somer. While Kawasaki was the more experienced player, it was Hathwar that consistently carried the team with only an almost flawless match from Farkaš/Ibrahimović preventing the Electrumites from getting into the final. And while the bronze medal match against Lakovakis/Papadimitrou from Brookstation was a bit touch-and-go at times, it was Hathwar's clutch serving with two aces that set up the match point winner from Kawasaki to win the final match tiebreaker 13-11. Kawasaki is definitely seeking an upgrade to his current NSTT partner of Jack Ho but given Hathwar and Kohnhead's partnership continuing to blossom this season, that prospect is extremely unlikely.

Mixed doubles
There weren't that many expectations in the mixed doubles but Zhuo and Hathwar, the two highest Electrumite players in the NSTT doubles, gelled well in their first ever pairing. While they lost to the Garzala and Mareaux in the quarterfinals, a team who have had the synergy of playing with each other for years, Zhuo and Hathwar can expect a better run at the next Olympic Games. Hathwar's precision serve and baseline play complemented Zhuo's fast hands at the net. Definitely a watch-this-space pairing to look out for at the next Olympics.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports