NATION

PASSWORD

New Jacobland Champion's Cup I [DO NOT POST]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
New Jacobland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

New Jacobland Champion's Cup I [DO NOT POST]

Postby New Jacobland » Fri May 07, 2021 4:11 pm

New Jacobland Champion's Cup

The New Jacobland Champion's Cup is the premier Twenty20 cricket league in New Jacobland. Many of the finest Jacobese cricketers have first shone in this tournament. It has eight teams representing major cities/provinces, and they battle it out for the Champion's Cup.

Its format is simple. A standard round-robin kicks off the tournament, after which the top-4 immediately go to the final. Hope is not lost for the 5th and 6th place teams however, as they play a straight knockout game, the winner becoming the fifth and final team into the finals. The 5th team then plays the 4th team in a straight knockout, the winner going through to the next stage. A round-robin with the four remaining teams then ensues. After that, the top-2 teams play best of three games to find the winner of the New Jacobland Champion's Cup.
Link here

My nation does not reflect my IRL views

If I am in a non-The Western Isles RP, ignore all factbooks not marked [FORUM].

Dislikes: Guns, warfare, CCP, Modi, North Korea, cigarettes

New Jacobland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jacobland » Sat May 15, 2021 4:40 pm

TEAMS

Avio Chargers:

The Avio Chargers are the favourites to win the New Jacobland Champion's Cup I. They are owned by Sarkalez Corporation, and have Ben Johanns as their coach. They pulled off a massive signing coup in the pre-season, securing both Dwayne Cahier and Michael Jensen. They also secured local talent Jake McCartney. All these high-profile signings in their batting has to come at a cost, and that cost is bowling. They managed to snag Will Johnson, but were forced to use second-rate players for most of their attack.

Rasmussen Skyflyers

The Rasmussen Skyflyers are another team well in the running for this competition. Owned by Western Nickel, they have a high-profile coach in former player Kolper James. They went for an all-round signing strategy, purchasing wicketkeeper-batsman Henry Cooper, and famous 36 year old all-rounder Frank Reynolds. Their batting stocks seem a touch light, but plenty of local talent in Rasmussen filled the gaps between the major players.

Lehma Seamen

The Lehma Seamen seem fairly middle of the pack at first glance, as owners Lehma Grande opted to use more local talent than marquee players. Coach Yulan Zhang is known for his strategic genius, and he used that effectively in the signing phase. He secured marquee bowler John Parker, and wicketkeeper-batsman Jack Sutherland, but he chose local players for the rest of the team. Promising youngsters such as 19-year old spinner Joernig de Vroene and batsman Óneda Willem may shine in this years New Jacobland Champion's Cup.

Hauser Islands Thunder

Hauser Islands has always been at a disadvantage, what with their small population and relatively weak infrastructure. Under owner José Larçóné, this looks set to change. Larçóné has recently announced the construction of a state of the art training facility in the Hauser, which will hopefully foster cricketing talent in the region. Coach Bob Manning will bring experience to the table, while top-class marquee players such as the big-hitting Ricky Martin and fine striker Dylan Cook will add another dimension to the Hauser team. They have opted to use local talent for their bowling attack, with plenty of spinners. Renowned leg spinners such as Ferraro Refari will combine with young quicks including Willem van Jozef.

Britain Bay Colonials

This is the area where cricket in New Jacobland originated from, in the first British colony. Owned by Kimberly Jons, and coached by James Stirling, they have a massive amount of local talent. They are known for not buying many marquee players, but utilising their prolific amount of youngsters to full advantage. Watch out for some of them such as Brett Cook, who has been bowling around 145kph, and batsman Jack Stirling, son of coach James Stirling.

Kiyer Rangers

The Kiyer Rangers are one of the underdogs of this tournament, with only two marquee players. The only publicly owned team, it is under serious financial stress. It has led to a second-rate team, with not much hope at silverware. Do look out for Darren Samuels however, he can hit a long ball.

Greater Anholia Farmers

Regional Anholia has produced some amazing cricketers, and this is reflected in their powerhouse NJCC team. Coached by Will Davies, they are a favourite to win the tournament. Led by captain Ben Clark, they have both power (Mark De Vruy) and finesse in Don Taylor. They have a variety of bowlers, including notable speedster Ronald Danson.

Team Others

Made up of the rest, from islanders to isolated regions to cities, they have a variety of players and skills. Coached by Max Cook, they are known for their skillful use of otherwise second-rate players. Bob Cook, son of Max, will be looking to do some big hitting, while Jac Leçour will be bamboozling batters with leggies.
Link here

New Jacobland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jacobland » Sat May 15, 2021 8:39 pm

OFFICIAL INFORMATION

FIXTURES - ROUND 1:

Rasmussen Skyflyers vs Kiyer Rangers - Rasmussen Park
Lehma Seamen vs Hauser Islands Thunder - Kernik Stadium
Avio Chargers vs Britain Bay Colonials - Queen Elizabeth Park
Team Others vs Greater Anholia Farmers - Welshpool Island
Link here

New Jacobland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jacobland » Sun May 16, 2021 3:56 pm

Rasmussen Skyflyers XI:

Henry Cooper (wk)(m)
Joaquin Saskai
Jensen Scheiss
Frank Reynolds (m)
William Johanns
Kevin Mackie (m)(c)
Johnny Colle
Jackson Ford
Mark Hansen
Sal Arons (m)
Benjamin Moore

Kiyer Rangers XI

Red Stanley
Walter King
Jackie Willan
Bob Samuels (m)(c)
Ken Black
Afretan Zhan (wk) (m)
Willy Desaner
Clive Davis
Sam Thene
James Coster
Peter von Schahz
Link here

New Jacobland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jacobland » Sun May 16, 2021 6:46 pm

NJTV Cricket

5pm

"Welcome to the New Jacobland Champion's Cup! Every match will be broadcast live on NJTV Sports, along with experienced commentators and analysts ready to explain every action. Exclusive coverage from inside the dressing room and Air-Cam will bring you a never-seen-before experience of cricket. Tonight we have the Rasmussen Skyflyers taking on the Kiyer Rangers at Rasmussen Park. A full house is expected, with the stadium having a capacity of 18,000. Do not miss this action live on N-J-T-V!"

*AD BREAK*

"Welcome back to NJTV's coverage of the New Jacobland Champion's Cup! I'm Rob Willem, your host for the NJCC. Tonight we have the Rasmussen Skyflyers versus the Kiyer Rangers, at Rasmussen Park. First let's have a look at the weather."

"Thanks Rob. It looks to be a corker of a day for some T20 cricket, the sun's out, and the temperature is good. A warm 29° in Rasmussen currently, it is expected to drop steadily throughout this evening, and it will be approximately 22° by 9pm. Some clouds dot the sky, but nothing major. Negligible chance of rain, expect a full 40 overs this evening. Back to you, Rob."

"Thanks. Conditions seem great for cricket, the organisers couldn't have chosen a better day for the opening of the New Jacobland Champion's Cup. We'll have a look at the pitch after the break."

*AD BREAK*

"Now let's have a look at the Rasmussen Park pitch."

"It looks to be a bowler's wicket today, with some solid grass covering. A large crack on the fourth or fifth stump line outside off on a short length will cause havoc. The pitch is fairly soft, it won't bounce too high today. Over to you."

"It is time to check the betting markets for the odds."

BetNJ: "BetNJ expects a one-sided affair, with odds of a Rasmussen win at $1.20. Kiyer are out at $3.20, so if an upset happens there is great profit to be made. Today's special market is highest run-scorer, and Henry Cooper leads the pack at $1.45. Kevin Mackie is at $1.85, and the first Kiyer player is Bob Samuels at $2.15."

"There is some profit to be had there, to be sure. We will return after the break with our analysis and predictions. Don't go anywhere!"

*AD BREAK*

"Welcome back to our coverage of the NJCC. We are now counting down for the match to begin."
Link here

New Jacobland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jacobland » Sun May 16, 2021 6:46 pm

NJTV Cricket

5pm

"Welcome to the New Jacobland Champion's Cup! Every match will be broadcast live on NJTV Sports, along with experienced commentators and analysts ready to explain every action. Exclusive coverage from inside the dressing room and Air-Cam will bring you a never-seen-before experience of cricket. Tonight we have the Rasmussen Skyflyers taking on the Kiyer Rangers at Rasmussen Park. A full house is expected, with the stadium having a capacity of 18,000. Do not miss this action live on N-J-T-V!"

*AD BREAK*

"Welcome back to NJTV's coverage of the New Jacobland Champion's Cup! I'm Rob Willem, your host for the NJCC. Tonight we have the Rasmussen Skyflyers versus the Kiyer Rangers, at Rasmussen Park. First let's have a look at the weather."

"Thanks Rob. It looks to be a corker of a day for some T20 cricket, the sun's out, and the temperature is good. A warm 29° in Rasmussen currently, it is expected to drop steadily throughout this evening, and it will be approximately 22° by 9pm. Some clouds dot the sky, but nothing major. Negligible chance of rain, expect a full 40 overs this evening. Back to you, Rob."

"Thanks. Conditions seem great for cricket, the organisers couldn't have chosen a better day for the opening of the New Jacobland Champion's Cup. We'll have a look at the pitch after the break."

*AD BREAK*

"Now let's have a look at the Rasmussen Park pitch."

"It looks to be a bowler's wicket today, with some solid grass covering. A large crack on the fourth or fifth stump line outside off on a short length will cause havoc. The pitch is fairly soft, it won't bounce too high today. Over to you."

"It is time to check the betting markets for the odds."

BetNJ: "BetNJ expects a one-sided affair, with odds of a Rasmussen win at $1.20. Kiyer are out at $3.20, so if an upset happens there is great profit to be made. Today's special market is highest run-scorer, and Henry Cooper leads the pack at $1.45. Kevin Mackie is at $1.85, and the first Kiyer player is Bob Samuels at $2.15."

"There is some profit to be had there, to be sure. We will return after the break with our analysis and predictions. Don't go anywhere!"

*AD BREAK*

"Welcome back to our coverage of the NJCC. We are now counting down for the match to begin."
Link here

New Jacobland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jacobland » Fri May 21, 2021 8:37 pm

RESULTS - MATCH 1 - INNINGS 1

PlayerRunsBallsHow OutStrike RateFOW
Henry Cooper4731C. Zhan B. Schahz1382/91 (10.4)
Joaquin Saskai711B. Coster641/15 (3.1)
Jensen Scheiss5938LBW. Schahz1553/121 (14.1)
Frank Reynolds3121N.O.148N/A
Kevin Mackie2319N.O.121N/A
EXTRAS: (4wd, 4lb) 8
TOTAL: 3/175

DNB: William Johanns, Johnny Colle, Jackson Ford, Mark Hansen, Sal Arons, Benjamin Moore

BowlerWicketsRunsOversMaidens
Peter von Schahz23040
James Coster13140
Sam Thene03540
Clive Davis04640
Ken Black03340
Link here

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports