NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 88- Roleplay Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Mon May 10, 2021 12:49 pm

This is a continuation of the storyline that began for me during Campionato Esportiva 29. To catch up on what’s happened up to now, I have a factbook here with all the previous instalments.

It had been a mad few months even before the incident that would come to define my life.

Moving from the Isles to Apox was always going to be an interesting experience. I never really left Abingdon Parish in my youth. My parents were very much the kind of people who never wanted to travel, whether as a family or separately, which meant that the furthest I ever went in my youth was a school trip to Montfort. I think that has very different effects on children. For my wee twin brother, Ally, it suited him and he very much stayed that way as an adult: he moved to Glenmount for work and that was very much far enough. For me, however, it drove me to want to see the whole damn world.

It was something I started to rail against even as a teenager. I threatened to go to university somewhere else entirely in the multiverse, which terrified my family to no end. The thought of me being miles and miles away from them was something that filled them with fear: to me it felt like freedom. The one that freaked them out the most was my promise-cum-threat that I would move to Mytanija for university.

In reality, I don’t think I ever really wanted to go far. I wanted to be close enough that I could see them, but far enough that I no longer felt constrained by my parents. I love them, but they were just very overbearing. I wanted to escape, even if it meant being separated from my brother. He was the person I was closest to in all of the multiverse, and I couldn’t imagine being separated from him for too long. I think Ally took it harder than me, he seemed pretty broken up about it all.

When I look back at it, I suppose I would have been too if I knew what was to come in the future…

It seemed to be a day like any other. I had woken up in my room, enjoying the sounds of a busy city outside. For many, a big city was not a calming thing to wake up to, but for me it was just so different from my boring youth that it was just comforting in some strange way.

I had classes to get to, so I hurried out of bed to quickly brush my teeth. I had an exam coming up in one of my civil engineering modules: something that was at least interesting, but also difficult. I didn’t want to miss another session of content that might be on the exam.

As I rushed out of my building towards the campus, I managed to type out a quick text to Ally. I was supposed to be having a video call with him in the evening: no matter how much of a social life I was developing in Apox, I would always have time for my brother.

Hey bro, looking forward to catching up tonight, speak to you soon!

I doubted he would forget about it, but it was always a good idea to make sure with Ally, he could be a bit all over the place at times.

The day was relatively normal, with a lot of lectures, note-taking, and coffee. By the end of it, I hadn’t heard back from Ally, so I tried to ring him.

It was just dial tone. That was strange.

I tried a couple more times, but clearly there was something going on with my signal, or his. I seemed to have a connection, and I managed to get on twii.tur to look up what might be going on. I assumed that I wasn’t the only person having this issue, and I was very much right.

It seemed like the Isles, as a whole, were impossible to contact. I was hoping that wouldn’t last, as I wanted to catch up with my brother for the first time in a while.

As it turned out, it would last a very long time indeed.

Cyan-and-Gold Squad to face Sargossa at Gardiner-Stewart Stadium, Abingdon:
C. Fraser/R. Findlay, L. Allen, F. Watson, C. Spijker/S. van Duuren/M. Henderson, T. Johnston, A. McGregor, W. Tuininga/T. Weiling
Last edited by The Licentian Isles on Tue May 11, 2021 11:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Two Time Esportivan Champions

Eshialand
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Eshialand » Mon May 10, 2021 12:55 pm

A Night to Remember

Your plane touches down at Starlight Airport, and you feel an instant sense of relief. You're finally going to play competitive international soccer again. Friendlies and domestic games are nice and all, but nothing beats international competition, especially away matches. There's nothing quite like traveling the multiverse and seeing what other nations have to offer.

You step out of the airport and take your first breath of fresh Starsian air. Okay, maybe not so fresh (this is an airport after all), but it still beats stuffy airplane air.

On this particular day, the temperature was 7 degrees Celsius, which was cool, sure, but not nearly as cold as what you read made it out to be. The travel guides said it'd be cold, but any true Eshian knows that it isn't really cold until it's -10 degrees with a blizzard outside. This is more... relaxingly chilly, mid-March-like weather. Luckily, you packed for just this occasion: you have a golden Owls hoodie you've been meaning to wear, and now it'd finally see some use.

You get to the hotel, and you notice -- or rather, don't notice -- something peculiar. Where was the media? The paparazzi, the cheap journalists, the podcasters with their cell phones? They're all... missing. Not that you're going to complain, it's a nice break!

The party's going to be tomorrow, but the preparation would have to start today. After all, you're not great with people, so you'd need some conversation starters if you were going to survive the night.

The day arrives, and you're a bit nervous about meeting the team in such a formal setting... but in the end, who wouldn't be nervous? Just relax and breathe, relax and breathe...

You arrive at the convention center where the party was going to be held, and... wow, this was fancy! Again, relax and breathe...

You notice Coach Morgan walking towards two Starsian gentlemen, and decide to listen in on their conversation, because there's nothing quite like eavesdropping.

KM: "Hello? Are either of you President Blackheart?"
SZ: "President Blackheart? Richard, did you tell him you were the President of the Association?"
RB: "Uhh... I wasn't sure if he would listen to me, so I told a little white lie to make it seem more official..."
SZ: "Okay, we're going to have to talk about this later..."

The man who was apparently Richard Blackheart walks away, seemingly dreading the "conversation" he was going to have with the President.

SZ: "I have to apologize for my colleague, he was just very excited. My name is Syon Zabel, the actual President of the Starsian Football Association."

Just then, you're taken aside by someone who appears to be a member of the Starsian team.

"Were you just listening in on their conversation?"
"Uh, no!"
"Relax, it's fine, I understand, it seems like there's a bit of drama going on between them... I'm Morris Valerian, by the way!"
"George Habisbrauer... so, how do you feel about the match?"
"Pretty good... it'll be nice to finally play an unregulated game..."
"What do you mean by 'unregulated'?"
"In our domestic league, if your team's doing too well or if your opponents are doing too badly, you'll sometimes get a call from President Zabel telling you to throw the game."
"Throw the game?!"
"It's to 'make sure we're being fair to the other teams'... I just call it unfair to the teams that actually work hard and do well."
"I'd say so... say, do you know why the media hasn't followed us here? They were so annoying back in Eshialand, so I don't know why they wouldn't come here..."
"They aren't allowed to. The 14 Stars has a strict 'no foreigners' policy, so your team's the first group of outsiders we've seen in a while."
"Wait, so there aren't going to be any Eshian fans either?"
"Nope, the government is too worried about national security."

Well, this is certainly different. The 14 Stars' ideas about soccer were nothing like what you're used to... but that doesn't matter. You won without Eshians in the stands against Aut-Ves-Nat, and you could win again here.

You continue talking to Morris, and he seems like a pretty nice guy. Then, Alice Carroll barges in.

"Hey guys! Grab your kits, we're going to Holy Road Stadium to play a practice game!"

Of course, Alice was exactly the kind of person who would arrange something like this.

The teams arrive at the stadium and start playing. What you see from the Starsians is a game unlike any other: it effortlessly blends skill and art, in a way that created a match that felt like a choreographed masterpiece. Perhaps it's because they're used to being told who's supposed to win their matches, and hence had to differentiate themselves in other ways, by simply being the more entertaining team to watch.

They also seem to be able to use literal magic in their plays. magic? You've certainly never seen that before.

At the end, nobody could say who won, but that's because nobody was keeping track. It was fun, plain and simple. Exactly how soccer should be.
Anything I say is IC unless proven otherwise by a court of law.

(he/him/any/all)

Istoreya
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Istoreya » Mon May 10, 2021 3:05 pm

"It feels good to be back in Istoreyan green for a change," Dalton Scribe said, wriggling his #1 shirt over his head.

"Absolutely," Nathan Rellotis agreed. "After the regional tournament and the Baptism, I'm getting a little sick of black and white stripes."

"How about white and green?" Giannis Demakis asked as he wandered into the changing rooms.

"What have you gotten on the Valladar for us?" Sage Castell asked, not looking up from where he sat to tie his shoelaces.

Giannis opened the small folder he carried with him. "Typically on the more aggressive side, I'd like to say it's nothing you can't handle, but..." Abraham Vane coughed, giving Giannis a stern look. "Right, right, optimism, yes. Their main thing is speed, most of their players are older than most of you but that doesn't stop them from being spritely. The captain is Thiago Matheus, centre-back." Giannis pulled a picture from the folder, handing it to Sage, who took it and examined it with a scrunched-up nose.

As Giannis continued to talk, above them, the Infinity Centre was beginning to fill up with fans of both the Istoreyan and Valladar teams, sporting scarves and flags and face paints in olive green or sky blue. Only a few of them carried umbrellas with them despite the growing dark clouds in the sky - the foreigners were not used to the heavy rain that could fall in this country, while it was never a bother to the natives. They knew that there was a good chance a wet match would only prove to be an advantage to their home team.

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Mon May 10, 2021 4:21 pm

HUElavia Qualifiers Intro

"Frestovenia, lead by Olaf Artvikker, is looking to make a name for themselves and put in a fight for the Qualifiers. But they meet one of the most complicated teams in HUElavia, led by Marc Navarro. Frestovenia and HUElavia, coming up next on HBS!"

Remember 4 years ago? Remember the start we had? We hadn't seen that in decades! Tough results from an underperforming team that ultimately came short. But, that was in the past and we're here in the present! Now, we got a whole set of changes on the team. New faces not just in the roster, but in the management of the team! On top of that, we got some stylish uniforms that show our simplicity and passion.

Enough about that. Tonight, we start another qualifiers for the World Cup, this time the goal is to reach Cassadaigua and Chromatika. The road to those two nations is not easy, but it certainly is not impossible. We start in a climate that HUElavians dread to visit: The Northern Frigidness, going to the nation of Frestovenia.

They got some players of their own to make some noise. Players like Artvikker, Gajetser, Jartute, and Brune. Well, we got our own superstars to cheer for. Players like Navarro, Hamada, Conti, and Vannier. Tonight, these two teams will look to start on the right foot, wanting a victory. With how these two teams play, we're certainly bound to see goals coming in.

Ladies and gentlemen, here's to what can be a successful Qualifying campaign, where both teams start from Zero. This is the World Cup Qualifiers.

Frestovenia vs HUElavia.

Game 1.

Starting XI: 13 Vannier, 12 Pae, 16 Di Donato, 3 Muller, 5 Lieberman, 6 Nazario, 10 Conti-Esposito, 7 Navarro (C), 19 Gagne-Leblanc, 21 Tiong Belleza, 20 Maximovna

Home Uniform will be used.
Last edited by HUElavia on Tue May 11, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kohnhead
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kohnhead » Mon May 10, 2021 5:09 pm

Top 10 Wins in KNFT History 10-6

As the Kohnheadian National Football Team prepares to embark upon their fourth qualification campaign we take a look back at the top 10 wins that a 60-24-40 team has recorded. Interestingly a lot of these come from our first year in International play a testament to what a surprise we were when we first arrived on scene. Without further ado let's kick off the list with our 10th through 6th best wins.

10: Kohnhead 3-1 Poafmersia
Wonder Cup 2 Group Stage

While Poafmersia are a very quality team as evidenced by their 26th in the World ranking, this is not the reason this win is on this list. The real reason is because it was Kohnhead's first ever International Win at their first ever International Tournament as we took down Poafmersia at Merellin Park in the Wonder Cup hosts of Qasden. While the win wasn't as flashy as some others and the Wonder Cup isn't as prestigious as other tournaments this is a major moment in our team's history. The goals were scored by Richman, Maltos, and Korkson when we still ran a 4-3-3 formation (yes it was that long ago) and it has paved the way for future success both in that tournament and elsewhere.

9: Cassadaigua 1-2 Kohnhead
Wonder Cup 2 Losers Bracket Finals

We go right back to the 2nd Wonder Cup for our 9th biggest win ever when we took on current 5th ranked and Co-hosts of the 88th World Cup Cassadaigua. Cassadaigua are the highest ranked team we've ever beaten however it's important to note that while we were a brand new nation playing our A Team their squad was more along the lines of a B and even C Team. Nevertheless Charles Laker and Harry Richman scored at New Qad Field to send us to the Finals of the 2nd Wonder Cup an event that will most definitely be featured later on in the video.

8: Busoga Islands 0-1 Kohnhead
World Cup 85 Qualifiers

As part of Kohnhead's Cinderella Run to a potential spot in the World Cup on our literal first try we sat in 3rd of the Table after 10 games with the top two set to advance. We were tied on 20 points with two other nations, 2nd placed Busoga Islands and 4th placed Drawkland whom would later be the team to finish in 2nd. With all of this in mind Kohnhead traveled to Orange Field in the Busoga Islands to take on the 54th ranked team in the World. While there was a reason we were ranked 264th in the World at the time we managed to get the win with a 37th minute Aaron Korkson being the difference. The Busoga Islands would get their revenge months later at Orange Bull Arena when Kamu Jacobs scored his infamous goal off of a counterattack to put a dagger into our hopes but that does not at all dampen how vital this win was.

7: New Lusitania 0-1 Kohnhead
Cup of Harmony 77 Group Stage

In the Cup of Harmony following our original Qualifying campaign we were to start off at the Stadium of the Stars in Kelssek with a match against 40th ranked New Lusitania the heavy favorites to win our CoH Group. Instead it would be the now 102nd ranked Brains who pulled off the major upset in a sign of things to come during that tournament. Jackson Newcastle continued his stellar play in goal (remember him) and Audrey Henderson back when she was a youngster on the rise getting some playing time came on as a halftime sub scored off of a Rallyton assist in the 71st minute as Kohnhead walked away victorious and ended up winning the Group.

6: Kohnhead 2-1 The Sarian
Cup of Harmony 77 Round of 32

The last one for today sees us later in that same Cup of Harmony at the tail end of our very successful first cycle. Surprisingly the games have gone in chronological order thus far however that's just a coincidence and will not continue in the top five. In the Stade Outineau Kohnhead took down The Sarian to win the Round of 32 matchup which is interesting considering we have not won in this round in the last two cycles losing to HUElavia on penalties and then getting demolished by Mercedini in the last bout. In this one it would be Hannah Horsford (back when she was still starting) and then Charles Laker who scored the winner against the 73rd ranked team in the World to send Kohnhead into the Round of 16 where they would lose to eventual champions Kandorith 3-2.
Kohnhead
Trigramme: KHD
Pop: 25 million
Football: 64th
Gridiron: 24th
Baseball: 15th
Basketball: 2nd
Volleyball: 2nd
Football:
Wonder Cup 2 - Champions
Di Bradini Cup 48 / U21WC 69 - 4th place

Tennis:
6 Ethanian Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Steinigestrasse Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Britonish Open - Winner (Doubles)

Gridiron:
NSCF 22 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)
NSCF 24 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)

Basketball:
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament - 2nd place

Baseball:
International Baseball Series 12 - 4th place

Volleyball:
Volleyball World Expo 11 - 3rd place
Volleyball World Expo 12 - 4th place

Legalese
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Legalese » Mon May 10, 2021 9:34 pm

Some 10-15 years earlier…

Abigail walked up to the office, wiping the confusion from her face before turning up to face the entrance.

Awaiting her was a man who appeared to be roughly two decades her senior, if she were to judge. He was dressed as if he worked at one of those new-age startups that didn’t care if you came in wearing a khakis or a hoodie -- though he chose a plain blue button down, jeans, and sneakers. You know, precisely the attire you wouldn’t expect from a working head of government, the chief executive of the Service, the Director General of Legalese.

And yet. “You must be Abigail? Oyer McQuade, thank you for coming.” He extended a hand.

Abigail took it, with a polite grip. Oyer gave a quick shake before gesturing her into his office.

“Excuse the mess, had to have some walls repaired, and took advantage of the time to redecorate. What do you think?”

“Hmm. Well, sir, the panels are a bit dark for my taste, but I love the big windows and all the natural light that gets in. However, it’s not my office.”

“Not yet. Thank you for giving me a straightforward opinion -- you don’t know how hard it is to find people who will give me one.”

“To be fair, you are the Director General, I can see the intimidation.”

“Well, yes.” Oyer sat behind his desk, prompting Abigail to take a seat on the other side. “I know I’m not the most approachable person in the world thanks to my job and to being just me, but it’s not like I’m going to fire someone over a bad opinion, either. Let me see what you have to say, if you get it, and contribute to the discussion, and make whatever we’re doing a little better -- that’s how we do the best for our country and for ourselves.”

“But that’s enough about me and, more importantly, this office. If you take the job I’m about to offer you, you’ll have more time to learn about the role, by being my filter. You’ll get a good look at everything the Service has to deal with, from reports on energy transmission rates, to the availability of bread in Tyrellia, and the like.”

Abigail blinked. “So, your executive assistant?”

“Obviously. I need someone who is on top of things, but needs the experience to see the big picture, and can work with me to make sure I have what I need to make the best decisions possible. From what I’ve heard about your work in Urban Planning, you’ve been focused on updating codes and starting to think about large-scale transit-oriented development, but to get to that point, you had to reorganize that sector to get the right folks into the right places. Is that about right?”

“Yes, sir. It’s what I learned at home -- my dad taught me to look for the biggest mess, and start there. My mother agrees -- and especially loves it when he does that at home, so that she can do the same at the hospital.”

“Right. Remind me, she’s running AH-CHOO, isn’t she?”

Abigail laughed. “Yeah. I guess whoever knew Andersen and Hawthorne thought it’s be a good joke to name the Children’s Hospital of Okerson after them. But yes, she’s director of medicine over there -- after years in the Service that prepared her for it.”

“Right, but it’s not like she came over her without skills. How old were you when y’all immigrated?”

“I was four. We came for World Cup 68, in fact -- my parents thought it’d be fun to cross over the straight and see Audioslavia in person -- they were two-time champs at that point. It turns out they really loved it here so much, and saw the option to join the service, which they did. My dad joined Public Works, my mom Heath Care, and they were assigned to Tiberia together. It turned out great, which is why I’m here.”

Abigail paused. “Is my heritage a problem?”

Oyer kept staring firmly. “No, but I think there’s more to the story than you’re telling me.”

Abigail smiled. “I thought you’d notice, sir. That’s what my parents told me, and it’s true, but that’s not and only reason they stayed. It seems that my dad bet on Audioslavia to beat Osarius, and for the over on goals scored -- bet was for more than four, and the final was 3-1 Osarius. He might have been the only ‘slav in the stadium to be urging for a fourth Osarius goal.”

“And it gets worse. He pressed the wrong button when confirming his bets, and didn’t realize that the currency was wrong. It wasn’t until after the game that he realized that most of their life savings’ was gone, just like that.”

Oyer nodded. “And that’s when he saw the service bonus that was being offered at the time, and learned that you didn’t have to born there, just live there to be eligible?”

“Exactly. So that’s how I became a Legalite of Audioslavic origin.”

“That could be helpful. As we start to get our affairs in order, we’ll have to start building back our foreign affairs, and frankly, having some folks that aren’t just Legalites, but Legalites with a connection to our neighbors in charge will help.”

“Yes, but who cares about what a secretary thinks?”

Oyer glared. “You really don’t get what I’m offering you. First, Executive Assistant is the title because you’re not just handling administrative duties, but ensuring that I’m doing the best possible job at my job. And, you’re learning not only how everyone else works, but also how the government works, who’s important to know, and who is up and coming. Those are all useful things for someone who may become a future Department Director to know -- or hell, maybe even a Director General.”

“Do you want to be Director General someday, Miss Calvetti?”

----

“If familiarity breeds contempt, then contempt will have to make a fresh start in Group 7 for the Legal Eagles on this Sisyphean trip up the mountain that is qualifying for World Cup 88”

“That’s right, sports fans, Joel Dondlinger here, back again with our World Cup 88 Qualifying preview. I have bad news for everyone hoping to see a familiar foe, a Krytenia or an Audiolavia or even a South Covello, as this group leaves yours truly unable to reach for the thesaurus of the obscure, and just simply say that there’s not a whole lot to talk about, unless we want to remember the time we went to Taeshan for winning Cup of Harmony 55 -- and we know most folks watching were not even alive back then. Beyond that, you should know that we’re in Group Seven, and Baker Park is most likely going to win the group, but that’s pretty much all I’ve got.”

“So instead, we have with us the Executive Director and Chairwoman of The Federation, Lisa McQuade, to talk about Project Legacy. Thank you for joining us, Lisa.”

“Thank you, Joel -- always a pleasure.”

“So, what is Project Legacy?”

“Well, it’s about our country, our national team, and our proud history, and doing our best to live up to it and earn it. As a nation, we’ve been entering World Cups since the eighteenth edition, and in the process, we’ve done a lot -- hosted the finals twice, additional WCC and Regional Tournaments more times than are worth recounting here, and while we’re not always at the top, we’ve gotten pretty close to the precipice, getting as high as fourth in, well, at least my lifetime.”

“And yet, after all of that, there’s a place we don’t sit, the World Cup Hall of Fame.”

“Right. Now, what kind of countries get into the Hall of Fame?”

“Memorable ones, Joel. And I hate to say it, but our time at the top has been scattered and fleeting, to say the least.”

“Indeed. To say that watching Legalite football over the past few cycles has been painful would be both extremely obvious, and to invite new concepts of pain to one’s vocabulary.”

“Thank you for that, Joel, really appreciate it.”

“My pleasure to twist the knife in just a bit further, especially since I figure that you wouldn’t be here, unless you have a plan to deal with it.”

“Indeed, we do. Project Legacy is our turnaround focus. It starts with both building up a team that can win, and building up a program that is worthy of the Hall of Fame nation we deserve to be.”

“Deserve?”

“Well, yeah. We’ve been around, we’ve been leaders, and even when we’ve taken our lumps as a nation -- heartbreaks in world cups, neighbors invading/occupying/using our land as a battleground -- but we come back stronger and stay in relevance, either as a leader on the pitch, or as leaders off of it. We’ve conquered need as a country, now it’s time to earn our legacy.”

“Okay, so what does that mean, a new manager?”

“Myles will be staying with us for the cycle -- he knows the team well and is the right fit.”

“Okay, so how about a new roster?”

“A mix, but definitely trending young, with everyone in their early-to-mid twenties.”

“I’m sorry, Lisa, but you’re not exactly exuding confidence in a resurgence, here.”

“It’s about infrastructure as well, Joel. We made a quick bid with our friends in Krytenia to host World Cup 86, and while that didn’t work out, the reception from the community tells us what we need to have things in place for the next time we bid: an infrastructure.”

“So… you’re saying the secret to our return is that you’re going to build a bunch of new stadia and maybe try to host another World Cup?”

“In fairness, it’s worked out well for us in the past.”

“Yeah...okay, we’re going to take a break, thank you for coming on.”
Host/Co-Host of:
World Cup XXII and LXVIII
Cup of Harmony XI and XIII
Baptism of Fire IX, XIV, XV, XVI, XLII, LII
The Inaugural CAFA Cup
AOCAF Cup V and XXXIV

Winner of Cup of Harmony 55 and Jeremy Jaffacake Jamboree II
Anaia: Like all the best ideas, this is moving from "lampoon" to
"take seriously" rather quickly

(H/T to Mertagne)

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Mon May 10, 2021 10:01 pm

Commonwealth NT on borrowed time for WCQ?
Scott McCrae
The Daily Mail National Soccer Writer

Since the conclusion of AOCAF 63, there has been a lot speculation about the state of the National Team at this moment in history; Jen Prescott is one of the most accessible people at the FAC for journalists, never failing to return a message left seeking comment or just a check-in saying hi, yet neither myself nor any of the top writers from the national papers that cover the NT regularly have heard from her in going on 7 or 8 weeks.

Here in Santa Margarita, the capital of Montana Verde, where BP will open it's ninth World Cup Qualifying campaign at the Estadio Metropolitano Máximo Encarnación, Darren Kirby has been handling media conferences; he glided right past a question about Prescott like he didn't hear it, and he's kept the probable starters to himself.

There have been reports that Prescott & Tony Weiss took possibly 30 pool players on a five day 'retreat' to Camp Doyle, the NSC's basic training site located adjacent to Fort Trammell in northeast Endover at some point prior to the series of friendlies that BP played recently.

More to the point of what is actually happening, Prescott's barely disguised fury during the Eagle's Cup series has seen her "get into someone's feelings"--as the kids say--with several veterans.
Nonetheless, she still has a strong core to select from for this 18 match tournament, and has vowed that she will put the strongest defensive group possible in front of Zack Johnston and Danielle Gaines regardless of seniority or experience.

Relative to some of the other qualifying groups, the Bees ended up with a slate of opponents that by no means are easy but the alternatives could've been worse. Taeshan, Juvencus & Savigliane seem to be the looming threats, with Eraman, Chartistan & Legalese as dark horses.

Antonio Sotolongo replaces Jamari Bozeman in the Co-Captaincy alongside Annabeth Westmoreland and Marcus Nolan appears to be the leading candidate for Lorenzo Taborn's slot on the right of central midfield. The trio of Paige Eichorn, Nicole D'Amico & Christa Vuckovic still need to contend with Nicki Stone & Anna Porter for squad starts and sub roles, so midfield continues to be a traffic jam that needs careful consideration.

The squad for the first few matches will be weighted heavily towards the most experienced players, and any sign of poor performance could certainly spell the premature end of a NT career; it clearly appears that Prescott will be more ruthless in selection choices than any of her predecessors, and it will take some time to see whether this will be to the benefit or the detriment of making the Final 32 once again and maintaining their perfect record.

Lineup vs Montana Verde:

Gaines; O'Connell, Wiseman, Hutchins; Grimaldi, D'Amico, Nolan, Ngoba; Westmoreland (C); Laing, Wadsworth

Subs: Coffey, N Underwood, Edmonds, Delgarro, Vuckovic, Sotolongo, Stone, West, Pryor
Last edited by Commonwealth of Baker Park on Tue May 11, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Tue May 11, 2021 1:22 am

Pratapgadh Meets Its Groupmates
Written By Rajeev Chauhan
Football

The draw has been conducted and Pratapgadh has been placed in Group 11, which is identified by some as one of the tough groups. Pratapgadh will be meeting some tough competition such as Kohnhead, Darmen, Tikariot, and the eighth-best team in the world, Starblaydia. The people calling it one of the death groups aren't wrong, as it is filled with many teams capable of giving a fight and we will surely have interesting bouts between these teams. Captain Gautam Sakarkar will be leading his troops into battle for this qualifying stage, while Jagdip Rajawat will be using his experience to help out the captain. I praise the efforts of the Pratapgadh Football Association to bring back football and let's hope the Pratapgadhi does well this year.

GROUP 11
1 Starblaydia
2 Qzvarkian Qaz
3 Garifunya
4 Wight
5 Gouvanarch
6 Tikariot
7 Lorrana
8 Pratapgadh
9 Kohnhead
10 Darmen

Where does Pratapgadh stand right now? Well, it has been some time since Pratapgadh last played in a major football competition. The team that used to represent us perished in a tragic plane crash which has since haunted Pratapgadhi football. However, I believe that Pratapgadh will be a team to watch out for in this group as it has recently defeated Dari Sultanate to claim the All India Football Cup. After winning a competition in their home country, they surely have more confidence now than they had to play a few friendlies against a few strong teams. To prepare for the qualifying stage, Pratapgadh has played a few friendlies against teams such as Silvedania, Garbelia, Gardelrya, Muralos, Tumbra, and fellow group mate Lorrana. The third edition of the All India Football Cup hosted in our country was also quite beneficial to prepare these inexperienced players for this stage. The Pratapgadh Football Association has also stated that their goal this year is to finish in the top five out of the ten participants in the group. Considering the fact that Pratapgadh has recently won the All India Football Cup, which also included them beating Trolleborg in the quarter-finals, makes me believe this is possible. Only time will tell though.

Pratapgadh will first be playing an away match against Garifuniya, currently ranked at 103. Considering our nation is returning after a while, any team in this group will be a tough matchup for our boys. So we should definitely not ignore the Garifuniyan team. Pratapgadh has adopted an aggressive approach to their matches, just slightly more defensive than the old national team. Unlike the old team's play, the new team will be passing the ball around to create more chances to go forward and deeper into enemy territory. We don't know much about the Garifuniyan team though, but head coach Ramesh Gadkari wants his players to start off this qualifying stage with a convincing win.

Pratapgadh will also face the top teams in this group such as Tikariot, Darmen, Kohnhead, and Starblaydia. Don't forget that we will be playing them twice. We will be playing Tikariot on Matchdays 4 and 13, Darmen on Matchdays 6 and 15, Kohnhead on Matchdays 7 and 16, and Starblaydia on Matchdays 8 and 17. When these teams visit Pratapgadh, the Pratapgadhi team must use the home advantage to somehow beat at least one of these teams. Pratapgadhi fans have always been supportive of their team, so that would be a good boost to our team's morale. The lowest-ranked out of these four teams is Kohnhead at 61. Still quite high, but might be our best chance at beating a top team in this group.

I still remember the day Pratapgadh Football Federation announced that the association had been disbanded. Seeing our country's name among some of the best footballing nations in the world is a proud moment. The Pratapgadh Football Association's efforts to bring back the passion for football in the hearts of millions of Pratapgadhis should be praised. The association has put its trust in the national football team, now it is the national team's turn to perform. It's a long road ahead for Pratapgadh as football is still in its recovery stage, but I am sure we will get there soon. The qualifying stage is starting soon and it is an exciting time to be a Pratapgadhi football fan. As always, bring out your flags and rally around Pratapgadh.
Cricket Rankings
  • Test Cricket: 11th (out of 12)
  • ODI: 25th (out of 48)
  • T20I: 12th (out of 39)
Cricket Stats

Updated on 28 February, 2021 (15:51 NZT)
Sarvatra Vijay (Victory Everywhere)
Pratapgadh Domestic Sportswire

Sendhang
Envoy

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Sendhang » Tue May 11, 2021 1:59 am

I - II - III - IV - V - VI - VII - VIII

IX
KS TAPAKLABOH

KS Tapaklaboh first ever match in the Liga Super Sendhang was against Persejo Kratonredjo, the champion of Lemah Banyu. Big match. It was the match of the week. 6 national team players were on the pitch that day. 4 for KS Tapaklaboh and 2 for Persejo Kratonredjo.

The match promised a lot. It was an even fight with both teams gave their 100%. The intensity was high. The players were hungry. And it was only the first match. From the very first day, Liga Super Sendhang has already proven that it is a much more competitive tournament compared to the state leagues last year.

Brimming with confidence and a lot to prove, Teuku Salahuddin got on the scoresheet for KS Tapaklaboh. But his lead was canceled by another national team player, Putra Lumipada who equalized in the second half. The match ended with both teams had to settle with a point and deservedly so.

Salahuddin was happy with his debut in the Liga Super Sendhang. He knew before the game it will not be easy playing against Persejo Kratonredjo as they have the best center-back in the country in Putra Lumipada and one of the best goalkeepers in the country in Monyet Pasuryan.

Scoring against Monyet Pasuryan was not an easy feat but the coach had made it clear that the euphoria must end that night because the next match will be a big match at home against KS Danokota, the champion of Alamsunda.

KS Danokota is a huge club. They are the biggest club in Alamsunda and they came to the Liga Super Sendhang with the target of winning it. Bolstered with 3 national team players, KS Danokota was definitely one of the favorites. They won their first league match against KS Gunung Kayasu convincingly.

The match against KS Danokota was the first match at home for KS Tapaklaboh in the Liga Super Sendhang. Playing in front of their own home crowd, they were very spirited that night.

Again, Teuku Salahuddin gave an early lead for KS Tapaklaboh only for Nanang Wirajuda, another national team player, to score an equalizer in the second half. KS Tapaklaboh again drew the match with an identical scoreline as their first match.

Two points from their two first matches, it doesn’t look good for a club aiming to challenge for the title. But in the KS Tapaklaboh camp, everything went well. They knew their first two matches were hard and were happy with the results.

Especially Teuku Salahuddin who has scored 2 goals against 2 different national team goalkeepers.

KS Tapaklaboh then won their next 3 matches. First away at KS Muara, then at home against KS Nagan before another away win at FS Waingapu scoring 10 goals in the process with Salahuddin scoring half of it.

The league then has a 2-weeks international break for the first 3 matchdays of the 88th World Cup qualifying campaign.

The attention was then turned to Teuku Syarkawi, the head coach of the national team. Everyone was waiting for the list of national team players to be released.

With 7 goals in 5 matches, no one scored more than Salahuddin in the league. His name was a hot topic in several local newspapers as well as social media.

"Teuku Salahudin in good form.”

“New number 1 striker?”

“Headache for Syarkawi. Gusti or Salahuddin?”

The media focused their attention on the striker department. The masses were waiting to see if Syarkawi will choose the highly reputable Gusti Sing Nggawe or the in-form Teuku Salahuddin.

Gusti’s Pesisir United was last in the table after 5 matches in the Liga Super Sendhang with only a point to show and Gusti himself has only scored 2 goals. But Gusti has scored 7 of the 9 goals for Sendhang and at that time considered the best player in the country.

Then the list came out, only 2 new players were brought into the national team. Both Gusti and Salahuddin were again called up. And the question persists, Gusti or Salahuddin?

St Trinians
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby St Trinians » Tue May 11, 2021 2:28 am

The St Trinians team had made it through the Baptism of Fire with a respectable quarterfinal finish, ultimately losing to the eventual winners. That had earned the team a fair bit of respect in the country. While St Trinians did have sports leagues, the concept of a national sports team was something of a novel idea. There were no governing bodies, so there were a dozen or so football leagues, each with their own structures and regulations, many of which differed widely from the standard international rules of the game. But the team had been constructed from these various different leagues, trained in how to play the standard game, and then held their own in their first ever tournament. St Trinians now had a national team.

Most of the players came from the two largest leagues in the country: the National Ladies League, or NLL; and the University Football League. The University Football League was officially the oldest league in the country, The St Trinians home kits had been modelled after the uniform of Fotherington Grammar University, home of the first teams in the country. This symbolic gesture was not just a nod to history; it also got the university chancellors on board with the idea of a national team, and their players were permitted to join.

The National Ladies League had been easier to convince. After all, St Trinians’ Matriarch was a patron, and the league operated among the high-class set. Its founding school was Walmsley College, part of the Queen’s University. Naturally, the Matriarch, as arch-chancellor of the university, had considerable control over the league. However, the Matriarch did not have complete control. She had her eyes set on a new stadium, ready for the World Cup, and wanted it built at Walmsley College. The college playing grounds already had considerable seating, and an upgrade would be a significant investment, one that would make it the largest stadium in the nation. Lord and Lady Walmsley were initially reluctant, but were convinced by their daughter Madelyn. She wanted to be on the national team, so her parents agreed to the upgrade in exchange for the majority of the profits and Madelyn playing on the national team.

That was great news for the Matriarch, who got her new stadium, but less good news for Amy Pepperpot, St Trinians’ head coach. Madelyn Walmsley was quite possibly the worst footballer in the world. As far as Amy could work out, she was scared of footballs. Certainly she would move away from them whenever one was kicked towards her. Why the girl had begged to be on the team in the first place, Amy had no idea. Probably just a spoilt rich girl’s whim. At least she hadn’t actually demanded she play, she just wanted a spot on the team, and so far 3rd goalkeeper had been enough to keep her satisfied. Amy just prayed she didn’t have to call on her. Even having to replace Becket would be a serious blow to St Trinians’ chances, let alone if they had a goalkeeper whose response to balls being kicked at her was to get out of the way.

Amy was under no illusion that St Trinians were unlikely to qualify anyway, even with a team at full strength. Still, her hopes of a good finish were strong, giving the team’s current situation. Frankie Tipton was unlikely to try and consume her entire drugs stash in one go, now that half the games were being played in St Trinians. The feud between Miracle Butler and Elisabeth Speight was also laid to rest. Speight had gained the admiration of the public by playing the game against Eshialand with a cracked rib, and Miracle had bowed to the pressure and begrudgingly accepted that Elisabeth was admirably tough. The two were unlikely to be friends, but at least they were passing the ball to each other, which meant they could be on the pitch together. That was progress, certainly. How far it would take them, only time would tell.

Atheara
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheara » Tue May 11, 2021 3:48 am

Let The Countdown Begin

Type: Announcement
Time: Around 15 Hours before Match Day

As of writing this post, we are around 15 Hours away from the beginning of the World Cup Qualifiers. A moment that the entire multi-verse has been waiting for, to see their national team play football against other national teams, to earn the title of Champions. This is considered to be the largest International Tournament to exist, with around 180 participants each cycle, with many names earning fame and glory, and many more being added to that list of long names. Now it was the time for Atheara to try and write their name down as well.

The first match is an away match against Valanora, the second best in the world. Margaret must be laughing us to hell right now, as we are even more unfortunate to be in a very difficult group. With other big names like Abanhfleft, Electrum, Geektopia, Mytanija, and a few more. The best result we could possibly muster up is a draw. Now don't get me wrong, Atheara is a good team, but Valanora is at their peak form, and being recognized as the World's Second Best, so chances are slim even though they exist.

It was also at this moment that a plan was made. The Athearan National Team would use a super-computer to learn different scenarios in set scenarios for the match against Valanora. This is to test on how much scenarios could be though on, and to also test different strategies for certain problems. An offensive and defensive solution was given by the computer in every set scenario. This technique for learning will also be used for future World Cup Qualifiers.

Now, we all had to just wait for the results.
Atheara (A) vs Valanora (H)

Short OOC for the bonus.
A T H E A R A | A N A I A
"I'm not sure about being as obvious as other people."
Football
Jenna Raven Cup I Champions!
3rd in the 75th Baptism of Fire!

Ice Hockey
3rd in the 19th World Junior Hockey Championships!
Ro32 in the 47th World Cup of Hockey
If you were wondering, the girl on my flag is Vill V from Honkai Impact 3rd. Your welcome.

The 14 Stars
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby The 14 Stars » Tue May 11, 2021 4:09 am

A Night to Remember part 2

As the Eshians arrived they were warmly welcomed as they went to get their stuff and travel to the hotel that would be their stay, after all this would be a certainly interesting night for both teams to remember for years.
Coach Marcus Blade being one of the first to arrive as always along with his daughter Kira who after all was the youngest player and one of the two female players on the team.
Starsians were used to having no media around and the small bits of media surrounding them was strictly organized and coordinated making sure there was not too much media to annoy the players as they gathered for the party.

As Eshian coach Morgan talks to President Zabel and Advisor Blackheart the man known as the midfield magician Morris Valerian sees a player listening in and so does he and after that going for a talk with the player.
the other two men stay to talk a little bit more, after all it is a wonderful occasion to talk business between the nations.

Syon: ''Richard is my personal advisor, a loyal and hardworking man but his methods are sometimes a bit strange.''

Morgan: ''I see that explains that bit''

Syon: ''Indeed, after all it is my father who founded the association, i had the honor to inherit his work''

meanwhile Morris and George continue talking about how soccer works in their countries, however it seems they have many diffrences and after a while topscorer Maximillian Flare joins in the conversation with a quick nod to the two men.
Flare was compared to Morris a more headstrong and confident person as you would expect from a Starsian ace striker, however compared to the Eshians the players were older and also more experienced in their fields of work.

Flare: ''Its true, we can't let games play however we like there must always be some kind of balance in the games we play to prevent the horrible years of before the law was signed.
Until now Blizzard Academy won each year because the law was not in effect, but now we can ensure fair participation for all teams regardless of skill and work and we can make our country a better place.''

Valerian: ''Maxim you know that even if it is fair it doesn't have to be right, honestly Blizzard does have an amazing team and if Whitingale would have been on the team i doubt the Eshians would have had a chance.
We both know no team ever has played a 2nd half against them yet, except Turners team ofcourse.

Flare: ''True but Whitingale plays a diffrent game then us, and refusing to play because you don't want a bad reputation is cowardly''

Then this certain Alice Carroll comes in and tells them a few of them are going to have a practice game at the stadium, the three of them come along to watch but unsure if some of them will play or not.
Changed into dark blue tracksuits the Starsians enter the pitch with a smile on their faces looking at the warmup some of the Eshians did as the Starsians just waited there without doing one at all.

The Starsians mainly put in substitutes against these Eshians as they start to play, firstly they let the Eshians move on without putting a single step into action with a weird kind of playing as the Eshians run by them.
As they quickly advance to goalkeeper Muhammad Arash who is the 4th keeper one of their strikers takes a shot looking to go right into the top corner if then it didn't start to happen at all.
Arash: ''Watch this, Storm Rider!''
The keeper Muhammad rises into the air while spinning and raising dust.
This dust forms a storm, which looks like the Muhammad is riding it, giving it the name, While fully above the storm, Muhammad sends two blue waves by swinging his legs. By these waves and the dusty storm, the shoot is stopped and Muhammad catches the ball.

He catches it without alot of effort and throws it to the defenders who connect quick passes while they try to get past the Eshians, and while their defence is strong the Starsian offence is less strong.
After a while of playing the Starsians finally get a chance as Victor Demonio gets the ball in front of the goal and shouts to Kira and Corson to follow him for the shot to make it an even more weird movement.

Demonio: Kira, Doran lets go show them the Death zone.''

Victor Demonio gets ready to kick the ball while Kira and Doran run forward.
Victor Demonio kicks the ball into the air and jumps up with Kira and Doran in a triangle formation, surrounding the ball.
The three of them spin, forming a purple triangle.
The ball in the center is covered in a purple aura with purple lightning being pulled in it.
Each player then makes contact with the ball, with the last one Victor Demonio doing a bicycle kick, The ball leaves the triangle and flies toward the goal.
the 3 player together: ''This is Death zone!''

The purple energy ball flies through everything and blasts into the goal along with keeper while the three players land back on the ground as the Eshians look quite scared and in disbelief.
Meanwhile Morris and George stand on the side as Morris explains it.

Morris: ''We call these techniques Hissatsu Techniques, they are mainly for show they don't add alot of power unless they are purposely designed to do damage like the Death zone for an example.
In each technique are weeks or even months of work and we learned using them ever since the first person introduced them to us, current football association president Syon Zabel was the first person ever using one.
After all we are not to determine who wins or not but we can make it as interesting as possible for each of us can we?''

The rest of the match was played without Hissatsu techniques, to the Eshians it wouldn't be fair to use them right now because it was just a practice match but it was to demonstrate the power of Starsian soccer aswell.
being unranked does not mean that a team is easy to defeat or is crap at soccer, but the Eshians were fairly better skilled and more offensive resulting in them having offense most of the time but the Starsians playing great counterfootball too.
a great match would await for the qualifiers.

Central Shaneville
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Shaneville » Tue May 11, 2021 4:14 am

IN THE ZONE
The first matchday of the World Cup is always a big day for any nation, especially the qualifiers and Central Shaneville seem to be in the zone ahead of their first matchday.

Central Shaneville's first match is against the unknown side of The united states of sonindia which on paper would seem like an easy result however the World Cup likes upsets so expect a game at the Red Bull Arena tonight as the two sides square off as they both look to make a statement as to why they should qualify for the finals.

Central Shaneville boss, Cam Meister, enters his first World Cup campaign after taking over from controversial manager Jay Bucks who many pundits and fans believe "did nothing for Central Shaneville" with him not wanting to change any tactics and all around creating a very toxic environment making the island nation's team very predictable, especially at big competitions, however those days are seemingly behind them with Mr. Meister proving he is more than capable of delivering results on the international stage but how will he do as his team enters the biggest competition of the calendar year?
CENTRAL SHANEVILLE ACHIEVEMENTS:

13th Winter Olympics - Men's Giant Slalom - Gold Medalists
Melayu Archipelago Games I - Women's Sepaktakraw - Gold Medalists

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Tue May 11, 2021 4:25 am

Corren Brody frowned at his papers.
Brenecia's Treasurer was a comically serious sort. He wasn't paid to have opinions; he joined the League for Democratic Reform mostly because he was attracted to their vision of confidence, the kind of man for whom 'the trains ran on time' didn't really hold negative baggage. Save, of course, that under the previous CPP government that could at kindest have been called 'authoritarian', it hadn't been the case.
Nobody really had him out for dinner. Nobody palled around with him outside of work. But Brody only cared that they recognised his talents, as a man who saw problems.
Sometimes, though, he wondered how he could possibly be first... ?
He shuffled through papers, triple-checking. Really?
Reviewing the data, then:
+ Brenecia, a smallish country of eight million
+ Not a particularly wealthy country at the best of times
+ (Which these were not)
+ In need of drastic financial restructuring, due to ...
+ CPP government destroying the economy through austerity
+ In order to finance vanity projects

Pretty cut and dry. The LDP had already cut down most of the frippery around the royal family, drastically downscaled the military, done everything possible to attract foreign investment, and tried to scrape together enough to put directly in peoples' pockets. But there seemed like a ... well, a blind spot... ?
Except the rot cut back further. It cut bipartisan.
Clarisse Ward may have only cared about 51% of the population at any given moment, but she was a populist in ways. Brenecian symbols should be powerful, and so the Brenecian football team had always had the best, under her, everything possible to make it an international force. But her successor Catherine Bardsley had not been sentimental. Yes, she was a former manager of the Patriots, but, well... what did that matter? Economic restructuring had begun under her government, stripping out the royals and the other symbols... but still extravagant money was being pumped into the national team.
Brody furrowed his brow. As far back as he went, there was... football. Ward's ineffectual predecessors had tried to bolster the national team to reinforce the idea that at least some parts of Brenecia weren't falling off. Before then, a period of relative prosperity appeared to have started it.
But before that... ah! Yes, it appeared there were some men of sanity and reason some... some decades, back. Yes, if the 'Patriots' could have subsisted on multi-stage economy flights, two-star hotels and square meals of rice back then, why couldn't they now? Adversity breeds whatever, after all.
Oh, and their existing manager wanted a contract renewal... well, not with those figures, he shouldn't think.
He struck through the relevant figures with deft strokes of his fountain-pen, tearing through dreams until the world was at peace again.
And thus, some months later, former Galactico, former the Galactico, multi-millionaire and self-proclaimed greatest Brenecian to ever have lived Lauren Cheney was crammed into a budget airline's cheap seats on her way back east to her homeland...
BRENECIAN NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - FORTNIGHT 1
Goalkeepers:
1 - Scathach Wright (Raynor City United, VAL), 12 - Tiarnan Cove (Rozelle), 20 - Cairbre Dundalk (Chenoworth Rovers, NPH)
Defenders: 2 - Clovette Bravender (Ulsa, EUR), 3 - Triss Roscommon (Revolutionaries, EUR), 5 - Finn Leadbetter (Holdenberg, EUR), 6 - Casey Giltanan (Workers Union, EUR), 17 - Caithe Shepherd (Rozelle), 18 - Rhea Henderson (Northern Union), 19 - Deimne Watermark (Northern Stallions)
Midfielders: 4 - Finn Townsend (CdF Celtade, AUD, c), 7 - Lauren Cheney (Spartangrad, EUR), 8 - Esther Caitiff (Ulsa, EUR), 10 - Dreigiau Parrish (KT Itzalovalle, AUD), 11 - Constance Stroud (Workers Union, EUR), 13 - Tanya Messenger (North Hall), 15 - Mathgamain Fife (Rozelle), 16 - Fortune Russell (AC Izotz Zubia, AUD), 22 - Linoan Waters (Istria City, BNJ), 23 - Ronan Schofield (Raynor City United, VAL)
Forwards: 9 - Mhacha White (Farrenton Athletic, EUR), 14 - Danand Tristram (Northern Stallions), 21 - Rogue Lyrick (Lotus Park)

SCHEDULE
Brenecia vs. Pemecutan (121)
Twicetagria (59) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. The Sahstan (UR)
Kannap (355) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Squornshelous (32)
The Sarian (66) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Libonesia (234)
Brenecia vs. Sajnur (85)
Cascadia (147) vs. Brenecia
Pemecutan (121) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Twicetagria (59)
The Sahstan (UR) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Kannap (355)
Squornshelous (32) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. The Sarian (66)
Libonesia (234) vs. Brenecia
Sajnur (85) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Cascadia (147)
Puppet of Nephara.

Frestovenia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Frestovenia Sportsnyheter - Behind the silend rivalry

Postby Frestovenia » Tue May 11, 2021 4:27 am

Behind the silend rivalry
Frestovenia Sportsnyheter, 11 May 2021

You cannot call it a rivalry, both teams have never faced each other on the pitch and not much happened in the still fledgling football history between the two nations, yet the game against Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom is a game for which many football fans get their tickets for, even if its just a friendly without any value, right?

Zeta Reka and Frestovenia are neighboring nations and share a small border of only 17 kilometers in the far north of Frestovenia. The only road connection between the two nations is Ribar-Ostbare, the major highway (FR1) takes it over to the Frestovenian capital Asvard.

Three weeks ago, both teams finally faced each other for the very first time, the match was held at the Zeta Reka National Sport Complex in the north-eastern capital of Zeta Reka, Aleiusia. Tickets for the match were sold out after a day and many did not expect such a high number of ticket sales. A small group of five thousand Frestovenian supporters traveled to the north to follow the actions of their team. The national sport broadcaster Fresto Sport 1 broadcasted the match with a full evening program, including the interviews and analyses after the match. It was the first time that a friendly match got so much media attention and the viewing numbers didn't lie, nearly half of the nation watched the match on tv and on the internet using a live stream. Differences between a friendly and a competitive game? This match absolutely showed us that some friendlies are exceptional and do have a value. President of the Frestovenian football federation Jon Ludvere was excited about the match and sees potential for the future, "For me it is very attractive to organize more of these type of matches in the future, this allows us to expand our international relations within our region, financially this will give us an anormous boost and I'm sure the fans are waiting for a more filled calender."

The match against Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom ended in 1-2 victory for the visitors. Frestovenia made an early goal in the 4th minute of the match scored by captain and topscorer Olaf Artvikker (0-1). Želmir Kolarowić of the Zeta Rekan team made de equalizer in the 65th minute after a huge defensive mistake by the Frestovenians, gifted a chance to let Kolarowić score (1-1). The absolute hero of the day was Olaf Artvikker, again he was in the right place at the right time to score his second goal in the match (1-2). After the final whistle, a very loud applause came from the away supporters, they got there win against their neighbours, mission completed.

Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom 1-2 Frestovenia
@Zeta Reka National Sports Complex, Aleiusia

4' 90+2' O. Artvikker
65' Ž. Kolarowić
World Cup
No appearances
Best result: 5th in qualifying (87)
Cup of Harmony
Best result: Group stage (79)
KPB Ranking
#125 | KPB: 6.94

Hosting
Copa d'Aeia 2018 as Salborga (puppet)

About me
Dutch - Graphic designer - Road cycling fanatic

A cat or dog may steal your heart, a ferret steals your socks

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Tue May 11, 2021 4:58 am

PRESENTATION OF HOST CITIES

KATANIJA

Katania is the capital of DR Srednjaci. It is also the largest city in the country. Economic, political and military center. Katania has the strongest financial sector in the country and also has the most universities.
Image Image

KATANIJA is the capital with 19,000,000 inhabitants.
It is the seat of government and the economic center of DR Srednjaci.
Katanija is first mentioned 600 years ago when in a storm merchants from the north strayed and came across the settlement.
Katanija in the old language means "enter". The language barrier actually gave the settlement its name. The merchant knocked on the door and asked the host what the name of this place was, and the host replied with a smile, "Katanija = come in," thinking that the merchant was asking him if he could take shelter from the rain.
Katanija began to develop later with the establishment of a trading post and an administrative building. With the arrival of the scholar Don Bernard Rivić, the first high school was established.
Peoples from the east also immigrated to Katanija, bringing with them other crafts such as glassmaking and goldsmithing.
The development of Katanija briefly stopped the pre-medieval war of the peoples of the Far East. After a siege of the city that lasted 6 weeks, the city surrendered to the khanata of Wei Xu.
Due to the disease of his troops and lack of food, the Easterners withdrew back to their Changxi empire.
Katania moved forward to a new war. King Dalat 2 established the Central Kingdom of Dalatia and declared Katanija the capital. He built a magnificent palace, today it is a museum and cultural heritage, a tourist attraction.
After the unification of all the slanders, Katanija briefly lost its position, but after the civil war and the establishment of the Republic, Katanija regained its position as the capital.
Katanija is the only city in DR Srednjaci that has two civilian airports.
It is located in the southeast of the country towards the border of today's Saint Shokai.
To the north are the slopes of the mountain Bijeli Vrh and to the south is Lake Bulat.
The river Modra flows through the town itself, which springs on the slopes of the mountain and flows into the sea.
The river Modra is navigable, so it transports goods and people.
In addition to the nearby mountain, on the east side are wooded hills and a national nature park.
Hikers, recreationists and mountaineers love to stay in these hills. The mountain lodges offer original food and drinks and the nature park has limited access to people so as not to disturb the biodiversity and ecosystem.

SPORTS

Sport in Katania is very popular. The most popular sports are men's soccer and women's handball.
In football, Katanija a has 3 clubs in the first league and two more in the second league. The current champion is NK Dinamo Katanija and the former champion in women's football is King Star Katanija.
Women's handball is extremely popular in DR Srednjaci.
Katanija has two clubs in the Master League.
City gives two more clubs in the first league.
And in the other there is one club. Which gives a total of 5 clubs in 3 professional leagues.
Katanija abounds in sports facilities and halls.
The Octagon Hall, which will be able to accommodate 22,000 people, is currently under construction.
In addition to these sports, it is necessary to single out alpine skiing, biathlon, ski jumping and nordic kombination.
Zrinka Ljutić is bigest name in alpine ski in country, she is only 16 and her brother Tvrtko Ljutić. Both are champions in country.
Basketball and volleyball are becoming increasingly popular and athletics and gymnastics will get their GRAND Prix competitions by region.
Water sports are attracting more and more athletes.
Thus, in Katanija, there is the largest swimming pool in the country with 15,000 seats. 50 meter pool and water polo pool.
Tennis is still the most popular of individual sports and in the younger categories Katanija records great results. Names like Petra Mačinković, Ana Sorić and Dinko Ružička will be written in golden letters. Petra Mačinković is the champion of DR Srednjaci for the age of 12 to 14, Ana Sorić is the champion of 10 to 12 and Dinko Ružička is the champion of 10 to 12. They all come from the Top Spin club.

EDUCATION AND SCIENCE

Schooling and education are expressed in Katanija. Elementary school is compulsory throughout the country.
Katanija has 28 student campuses, the second largest university in the country and 6 prominent private colleges.
Research centers and laboratories are highly valued in Catania. The Institute of Immunology is one of the largest research centers. It investigates viruses and bacteria, tests drugs and makes vaccines for various diseases. In addition, the Math and Physics Research Center is one of the strongest in the region.

CULTURE AND HERITAGE

The largest university hospital in the country has been completed and is in the move-in phase.
The highest average income per capita is in Katanija.
The fashion industry is also gaining momentum. There are more and more fashion events, but also those related to film and music.
Katanija has over 40 theaters, the most prominent being the 230-year-old "National Theater of the Srednjaci "(Narodno Kazalište Srednjaci) and the "Academic National Theater of Srednjaci" (Akademsko Narodno Kazalište Srednjaka) , which is 218 years old.
Museums in Catania are extremely visited, so the "People's National" museum is the largest and most visited in DR Srednjaci.
From the manufacturing plants we single out the car factory "T. A. K." which is one of the leading in the region and "Ludan Auto" a leading manufacturer of luxury and sports electric vehicles.
Food production, chemical industry and military vehicle factory "RUBIN" is also located in Katanija.
Tourism is booming in the capital. Katanija records double-digit growth in tourist arrivals and overnight stays.
Rich in cultural and historical heritage, proximity to natural and national parks and rich nightlife, it puts Katanija on the tourist map of the world.

The old cores of the city have been renovated and opened to the public. The incredible beauty and charm of medieval Katanija captivates everyone who visits it. Medieval Katanija was neglected and unmaintained. The state, together with the Ministry of Culture, devised a program for the protection and renewal of the old core. In addition to the old town, Katanija abounds in fortresses and castles from the pre-Middle Ages and the Middle Ages.

Paturić Castle with Duke Paturić

Summer Castle of Queen Marija - Karolina the First

GASTRONOMY

Katanija abounds in numerous restaurants and hotels. Due to the proximity of the mountains, the offer of food and drink and more characters, mountain and lowland. Mountain food is popular because it contains wild animal meat and berries. Fish from mountain rivers is also on the menu and for wine lovers it is recommended by many mountain winemakers. Wines from the mountain slopes have a different taste than those from the southern regions. All types of cheese are one of the great export trump cards of this region. Katanija has 23 extra high category hotels and 4 extra luxury hotels. In addition to them, there are as many as 41 5-star hotels and over 50 lower category hotels.

CITY TRANSPORT

City transport in Catania is great organized. The city has a metro that is well indented and has an overhead city railway. The city overhead railway is more adapted to visitors who want to see more of the city. A tram rides in the old town. Trams reach all parts of the city that are mostly inhabited by houses and medieval buildings. City Bus is the oldest in the country with 46 lines. The first city bus was driven in 1715 with a team of six horses. The carriage could accommodate eight people. At first, few people could afford a ticket, so the carriage was often empty. With the development of the city, the City Bus became more accessible to the lower classes until the appearance of the first electric trams. City Bus is getting more and more pushed aside, the tram has squeezed out an outdated carriage. However, with the advent of motor vehicles, City Bus returns to the big door and drives again where the tram cannot.

STADIUM AND MATCHES

KATANIJA , NATIONAL STADIUM : BLUE OYSTER

Katanija will host the first match of the qualifying round for the World Cup 88 against Ibixa. Two more matches will be played in Katanija against Astograth and TJUN -ia.

Qzvarkian Qaz
Secretary

Founded: Jul 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Qzvarkian Qaz » Tue May 11, 2021 9:20 am

Bryan's Song: A Faustian tale
See prior Installments in the BoF Thread

The Baptism of Fire and the Recuecen nation itself had been a breath of fresh air. He had been playing domestically in the new to him world of Qzvarkian Qaz. Qariq, the capital looked on the outside, like a slice of heaven with its marble lined buildings and and well kept, freshly paved streets, but of course those are proverbial tourist traps. Designed to fool people, the government poured a ton of cash into Qariq over the last two or so decades. The labor was as hard as the cotton harvest and sometimes employed similar methods.

The BoF was a good tournament for the Tri-Reds, a nickname reference the three dots on their flag. The made the round of eight before losing to an equally powerful Esportivan team named Suahirita. He noticed something odd though. Bryan noted there was a Max Cunningham on the roster penciled in as a started for the NT. While he thought nothing of it it was at the first team meeting.

Bryan looked up when Max entered. The long haired hippy looking kid immediately made Bryan realize who it was.

"Max fucking Cunningham, I don't believe it! You're here too?"

"Bryan!"

The two immediately walked up and gave a brotherly hug to the other, they had teammates before and for the WCQ will be again.

"So that was you? on the roster earlier this year?"

" Yeah sorry I couldn't do anything I watched on TV, Yanno in Boszhqev"

" You must of had some people over, you must have the only set in town"

"Fuck you Brian, I know at least one other teammate that has one"

The team then went and looked at the schedule. It was an insane schedule that no one was ready for! Kohnhead Starblaydia,Tikariot, to name three!

Later that day Bryan and Max talked on their way out fo the facility.

"So what happened Max, injury issue earlier this year?"

"Yeah man, I fucked up my knee a couple weeks before training. Man I'm glad they got doctors though with access to all sort of new and exciting medicine. They were a bit nervous if we ended up in Electrum though so they had me re-coop at home"

"Huh, well I'm glad to know I'm safe if I get hurt. anyways can't wait for Kohnhead to come! See you tomorrow Max!"
PRONOUNCED: Kuh-var-key-in Kahz
CAPITAL: Qariq
TRIGRAME: QQZ

We are an attempt at an over the top Central Asian style dictatorship with our influences being mainly Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
Most policies and stats are cannon, but issues are picked with the craziest or most dictator friendly option in mind. All policies are considered cannon aside from Geronticide.

OOC Puppet of Xanneria

Talamia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 08, 2018

Line-up vs Siovanija and Teusland

Postby Talamia » Tue May 11, 2021 9:30 am

*The television suddenly turns on independently*

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages!
Here is Auxe Aggelia, accompanied as always by Gian Gianvilipendio, your favorite sports commentators.
It's Sunday and you know what that mea-"

"No, Auxe! This has to stop! Now!"

"Gian, we talked about this. Calm down"

"How could I calm down?! Those pirates! They did it again! And we offered them a luxurious hotel!"

"Gian, please..."

"Just read the damn news!"

"Fortis Epops' captain and Talamian football star Kata Dioiiké suffered a severe injury during the pre-DSAFF Comrades Cup friendly match against the national football team of Chan Island. Unfortunately for our coach Sanisla Pedalisismi, as there is less than a week to go before the tournament, it will not be possible to call up a replacement. Rumors say that Dioiiké's injury was premeditated and that the foul committed during the match was done on purpose. The number ten of the national team will not be able to take the field tomorrow and we hope he can recover soon"

"That was premeditated! Listen to me"

"Gian, this is live TV and we must remain neutral. We welcomed all those tea-"

"No, Auxe! Enough with all this correctness!"

"YOU KNOW WHAT, GIAN?! GET OUT OF MY STUDIO! NOW!"

"Calm down, Auxe..."

"Oh should I calm down now?! Should I?!"

"Judging by the color gradation of your cheeks, your doctor and I recommend that you calm down. Yes"

"You are right, Gian. I'm sorry"

"Is everything all right at home with Martha, Auxe?"

"No, Gian... it's not all right"

"Perfect. I'll close this episode then. Take these tissues. Make good use of them, it's my last package.

And now, back to us, Wellerman!

Wanna dance? Try me. I'll be waiting for you at the pre-match conference. An interview. You and me. No funny games. See ya next Thursday."

Auxe mutters some incomprehensible words

"You are right, Auxe. Only here, on Pro Diorux TV - are you a sports devote? Pick up your TV remote!.

Oh, I almost forgot: this is the line-up coach Pedalisismi chose for tomorrow's debut in the 88th World Cup qualififiers."
Last edited by Talamia on Tue May 11, 2021 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Elothera Dapeda of Talamia

A Socialist Republic, located on the east coast of the Romaxia continent, in the south-west of the Democratic Socialist Assembly

Garifunya
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Garifunya » Tue May 11, 2021 11:19 am

World Cup 87 First Half Preview

Gabriel Vermeer, De Frederykvil Dagblad

De Dolfijnen of Garifunya are coming back to World Cup 88 after finishing 5-5-8 and in seventh place in their qualifying group in World Cup 87. They also finished 0-1-2 in their Cup of Harmony group, drawing Ibixa and losing to Huayramarca and Mriin. They will compete in Group 11, and we will likely know whether or not they have a prayer of qualifying after the first half is over.

The taciturn Swede, Ton Olofsen, will return. Although the qualifying stretch was not notably better than previous ones, Olofsen has kept De Dolfijnen afloat and the FA felt that replacing him after just one campaign was probably too big of a shakeup.

The lineup is mostly the same, but Tijl den Dekker, currently playing in Tikariot, and Jaap-Jan Memmants, of Zeerovers, will replace veterans at the two fullback positions, and Roosevelt Ozinga is now playing left midfield in place of Wil Schoeneveld. The squad is a bit younger, but Dawaas Nieuwaal and Stijn Kruit will continue to provide leadership and defense and let the younger players do the attacking.

Now let's take a look at de Dolfijnen's first-half opponents:

Pratapgadh (UR) - No recent results

De Dolfijnen will take on Pratapgadh in the first matchday. Although this team is unranked in world football, and probably better known for rugby, cricket, and stock car racing, they did participate in World Cup 85. Unfortunately, a series of tragic events brought football to the brink of crisis in the country, but with participation in the All-India Football Cup and the PFA's desire to see the team do well, it is back. This should be a win, but never underestimate a team that's got a lot of emotion going for it.

Kohnhead (69) - 9-4-5 WC 87 qualifying, 2-0-1 Ro32 CoH 79

Next up is fourth-seeded Kohnhead. The Brains finished a respectable fourth in WC 87 qualifying, then made it out of the group stage in Cup of Harmony 79 before losing 5-1 to Mercedini in the Round of 32. Despite that thrashing to end their last cycle, they are not a team to be underestimated. An away match to a top-75 team is not likely to result in victory, but if Garifunya want to have any chance of garnering even a point, they must contain the dynamic duo at the top of Kohnhead's 4-4-2, captain and top scorer Aaron Korkson and second-leading scorer Erin Maltos. Together they have 102 goals in their 232 combined caps. Garifunya's back three will have their work cut out for them.

Starblaydia (8) - 14-2-2 WC 87 qualifying, 2-0-1 WC Group C, Ro16

When our boys return home, they'll take on Starblaydia, the top seed in the group. Not much has to be said about the Starblaydis. They have won five World Cups, scored over 4,000 goals, and been a giant of the sport for many years. Despite the fact that they crashed out in the Round of 16, it was an unlucky draw against the Holy Empire and they must be regarded as leagues ahead of any other team in the group. The last time de Dolfijnen faced off against Starblaydia, they lost 6-4 on the road and 4-3 at home in World Cup 85. Those were excellent results, but I think two losses are again in the cards in WC 88.

Qzvarkian Qaz (239) - 3-0-1 BoF 75, lost in QF

Coming off of what will almost certainly be a defeat against Starblaydia, Garifunya next have to travel to 239th-ranked and eighth-seeded Qzvarkian Qaz. While this might look like a rest day, especially given the fact that many of QQ's teams are composed of mercenaries, it's not like that at all. This is a BoF quarterfinalist, and a team that won four of their six matches in that tournament. Dropping points on the road is always something to worry about, and you can bet that QQ will be trying their best to get our boys to do that. A win is imperative, because if they can't win against these guys, who can they beat in the group?

Darmen (49) - 13-0-5 WC 87 qualifying, 2-0-1, Ro16 CoH 79

Talk about no rest for the weary. The Garifunya team will return home to face yet another high-seeded team on our little island after what will probably be a hard-fought game in Qzvarkian Qaz. The Darmeni team fell only a few points short of reaching the World Cup proper, despite racking up thirteen wins, and they met their match in a determined Electrum team in the Cup of Harmony Round of 16. We don't quite know what they'll be presenting for WC 88, but we do know they'll be an incredibly tough out. Maybe de Dolfijnen can snatch a point at home, but in this road tilt, it's not likely they'll come away with anything but a moral victory.

Wight (UR) - Experience many years ago

Wight is an ominous name in the multiverse. Though not heard of in many years, the name still strikes fear in the hearts of many an experienced multiversal footballer who had a grandsire back in those days. Not quite human, not quite dead, not quite alive, not quite all there, Wight are more like a nightmare than a football team. But like a nightmare, they may be incredibly frightening or you might just wake up and realize it was just a dream and not real at all. Although the shambling monstrosities of Wight may haunt the dreams of our footballers for years to come, they needn't haunt them on the pitch. But that's largely up to them and Ton Olofsen.

Gouvanarch (130) - 6-6-6 WC 87 qualifiers

Maybe this team's ominous qualifying record would have been better suited to Wight, but Gouvanarch are frightening enough on their own. The Bretons of Gouvanarch employ a vigorous press out of a 4-4-2, attempting to squeeze the juice out of their opponents and emerge victorious. They are skilled both on and off the ball, and de Dolfijnen will especially be on the lookout for the attacking pair of Waleran Bracquaval and Adhémar Desreaulx. Bracquaval is the distributor with the deadly thunderbolt shot, and Desreaulx the burly bruiser who cannot be stopped once he gets up a head of steam. Make sure Nieuwaal and Yousef Westkamp are up to the task of marking them and our boys might have a chance on the road.

Tikariot (27) - 12-4-2, WC 87 qualifying, 2-1-0 WC 87 Group H, Round of 16

Tikariot has exploded onto the footballing scene, qualifying after only their second cycle while almost qualifying after their first. They have an incredibly prolific offense, averaging more than 2.3 goals/game in qualifying, but their defense was just as good, conceding just over a goal a game. This is not a team to be trifled with, and perhaps one that could even rival Starblaydia under the right circumstances. A draw would be a monumental achievement for our team, with a loss most likely.

Lorrana (149) - 5-2-11 WC 87 qualifying

de Dolfijnen wrap up the first half with Lorrana, a team that stumbled its way to a 5-2-11 finish in the last World Cup qualifying cycle. They actually had a better offense than Garifunya, but their 41 goals conceded led them to that unfortunate record. A goal here or there can make the difference between a poor campaign and one that is merely mediocre, and a goal here or there against Lorrana on the road would make a huge difference. Believe it or not, this is actually one of the more winnable games on the schedule.

And that's the first half. An optimist might look at this schedule and see a chance for de Dolfijnen to go 3-3-3, a "treading water" result. A pessimist sees the potential for a start that includes six losses, a result that would bury them early. I will not succumb to despair and predict six losses, but this is an insanely difficult group. Pratapgadh is likely a win, and Qzvarkian Qaz should be too, but beyond that, it's quite difficult. I think draws with Lorrana, Gouvanarch, and Wight would be fine, and a 2-3-4 record is a decent hope. This won't be an easy group, and it will take all of the guile and coaching ability of Ton Olofsen and his staff to keep their team's heads above water.
Puppet of Nova Anglicana

Bollonich
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Bollonich » Tue May 11, 2021 11:58 am

Match Preview

Al Qurija vs Bollonich

Bollonich’s first steps into the world of football will be at the World Cup Qualifying stages. Bollonich drawn into group 6 face Al Qurija in the first match away from home. Al Qurija as a footballing team were quite successful in the Baptism of Fire placing fourth, and have developed an unique style of football. The match to be played on Al Qurijan soil will serve as a highly contested match between the two teams. To win the match it is important that the nitty grittier aspects of the Al Qurijan National Team’s game to be analysed closely.

Tactical Overview
It shall be important for the Bollonischian players to execute their plan to perfection. Even though they arrive on the field with a 4-2-3-1, the ge neral evolution of the formation leads to formation of something like a 3-4-3 with Swanson slotting into defence from the midfield with Hum joining Marshall in an advanced midfield position while attacking. The two full backs stay slightly forward Swanson, whoever make sure not to get too forwards in care of a counter attack. The shape of the team completely changes when defending with all three midfielders seemingly defending quite safely. The shape of a 4-5-1 is almost reflected while Bollonich defends, hence The Tigers rarely execute counter attacks to perfection.
Pau Porras’s Al Qurija plays a 4-3-3 with an advanced midfielder in Krstevski. Key battles on the pitch that could be seen would include battles between Gerrard and Carpi & Krstevski and Swanson from a defensive perspective. From an attacking one, key battles include match ups between Mohammed and Marshall & Al-Ghazzawi and Cummings. It will be integral to Bollonich’s defensive success to control the creativity of Krstevski, and a major portion of that responsibility lies on Swanson the player who shall be defending the area just in front of the centre backs but behind the midfielders. Players in this position shall be crucial. Gerard’s task of marking Carpi shall also not be easy however with the help of Ploy this shall be achievable and simplistic to do. The attacking onus shall fall on Hum and Marshall, to make those beautiful passes and break down the Qurijan defence. Cummings and Schmit shall also be needed to whip in crosses for the tall head of Perry to reach. Overall such a match seems to be an highly interesting match up, which everyone shall be looking forward to

Tactical Analysis of The Tigers

The Qurijan Line Up

Stadium
The game shall be played at the state of the art stadium Petro Mohammed Stadium, which is built in the beach area of the Al Qurijan Capital. The stadium has a capacity of 98,000 people close enough to our very own John Lennon Stadium housing 100,00o fans. This stadium shall be from where around 10,000 Bollonischian fans will watch as the Tigers make their first steps in international football.

The Petro Mohammed Stadium
Meh

Flavovespia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Flavovespia » Tue May 11, 2021 12:07 pm

This is Flavovespia is a written documentary series on the places that make up the Republic of Flavovespia. An island nation with no land borders, a nation that to some may be hard to even spot on a map. Nevertheless, the island has a history of just over 4 centuries. From the very first settlers who landed in Vitarias, through to the present day Republic of Flavovespia, the story of the nation has evolved over time. Recently, the national government established a hierarchy of 10 regional governments, each made up of varying numbers of municipalities, to devolve some of the administration and politics of the nation. The 10 articles coming up will discuss each of the 10 new regions, as the map of Flavovespia begins to fill up. First off, the region of the capital, Waldster.

Waldster

Overview

The capital city of Flavovespia, Waldster is one of 3 regions that is also a single municipality region, the city of Waldster itself. It’s one of the oldest established settlements on the island of Flavovespia, first established some 400 years ago. Whilst it isn’t currently the largest populated city, it has been the capital of all the formal governments on the island, from the first Confederation of Greater Waldster, all the way to the current Republic of Flavovespia. The city is seen as one of the “Big 3” of Flavovespia, alongside Hadford Hill and St Astons City. A rivalry exists between the 3, associated often with sports, but Hadford Hill and Waldster in particular have been at political odds with each other.

Municipalities

Waldster Code: WA Population: 2'629'887 Land Area (sqkm): 1'462 Population Density (pop/sqkm): 1'799

Geography

Waldster lies on the South East of Flavovespia. Much of it is surrounded by water, only the northern border of Waldster is connected to land. A narrow strait on the eastern side separates Waldster from Henhaven Island. Waldster has barely any hills to consider, close to sea level across the whole city. Flooding is fortunately rare however, flood avoidance helped by some natural and artificial sea defences. The River Wald flows through the centre of Waldster, although it is relatively shallow and narrow, compared to other rivers in Flavovespia. With a population density closing in on 2000 people/sqkm, Waldster is almost all urban and suburban, although pockets of greenery exist on the outskirts and the city parks.

Transport

Waldsterians are particularly spoilt for transport links. In terms of rail, Waldster Junction is by far the busiest and most well known of all the train stations of Flavovespia. 4 major trainlines, Waldster Loop, South Coast, East Coast and Henhaven Link Rail terminate or pass through here, making Waldster a very busy place as commuters and tourists come in and out each day. Waldster also has an underground rail network of over 50 stations, transporting its citizens and commuters across the city, and to the suburbs. In terms of road networks, Waldster has plenty of those as well. The M1, travelling along the South Coast all the way to Carston Green, the M3, north to Hadford Hill, and M4, north East to Butterfield all begin in Waldster. The M11 is a circular motorway around Waldster, with a humourous light-hearted intra-city rivalry between those living inside of the M11 vs those outside of it. The M111 exists, a quick link to Henhaven Island, although the construction of such a short motorway for limited benefit caused political furore in places far from the capital upon it’s construction. Traffic in Waldster isn’t great, especially within the M11, but there are worse areas of Flavovespia. Finally Waldster is serviced by Waldster Airport in the north west of the city, although for a capital city it’s maybe not as popular or well used as it could be.

Economy

At the southern tip of Flavovespia, Waldster was able to leverage this historically very well, with it’s seaport and railways and road providing a destination for freight from the surrounding towns and cities. Waldster also historically had some manufacturing in the north of the city, although that is nowadays nowhere near its old peak. Currently Waldster is home to a lot of service based industries, situated in the heart of the city. It successfully built a post-industrial sector, in the time Hadford Hill, St Astons and some other areas were less co-operative with the Greater Waldster governance. Tourism is also big domestically and internationally in Waldster, Camber Place being one of the more well-known tourist resorts of Flavovespia. In terms of demographics, there’s a real mix of affluence. Inner city homes are some of the priciest for their size in Flavovespia. Suburbs like Woodbrook and Courtiers, on the east and west coast of Waldster respectively are particularly affluent. However parts of the north and south of Waldster, in particular in post-industrial areas and near the seaport, are historically seen as more working-class.

Politics

Waldster has always been a left-wing part of Flavovespia, often returning a plurality of Socialist Party MP’s. Even with proportional representation, there’s been times a majority of MP’s elected within Waldster were Socialists. The Greens and the centrist, liberal party Flavovespia Forward (previously Liberty) have also enjoyed popularity from time to time, although can be punished in the polls in Waldster if they don’t enter coalition with the Socialists and choose the Democratic Conservative party instead. Speaking of the Democratic Conservative Party, they have small pockets of support in the more affluent suburbs towards the outskirts of Waldster, but remain a minority. One theme that is common in Waldster is massive support throughout history for a united Republic, as opposed to city states. Unsurprising, given Waldster is the capital and the founder of the various forms of unions and united governments that have existed on the island. Whilst the Mayor of Waldster has for the vast majority of history been a Socialist, it is still seen by quite a number as a good springboard to go on and lead the party nationally, with eyes to becoming the head of state and government.
Formerly the Republic of Greater Waldster, internationally known as Greater Watford. IC It's a long story (OOC I didn't like using real place names)

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Tue May 11, 2021 12:11 pm

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independents sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Football Fallacies
with The Man from Markovsky

WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER ANYMORE?

Hello and welcome to The Football Fallacies. Right, so if there is any way I can either reverse time completely or just straight up remove a chunk of my own memory then I'd love to have some, pretty please. I have honestly never seen a more abject or pathetic display in my life ever. Ever! Remember the time when I said that this generation of players could not hold a candle against the first ever generation to embark in true international football? Well, turns out I'm mistaken. This generation can stake its claim to being a worthy successor to the pioneers. A worthy successor to be completely and utterly spineless in the face of a challenge to prove themselves better, that's what! All these lasses needed to do was win one more game. One more game! And they couldn't do it. So much for living up to the legacy of the first golden generation. Oh, they lived up to the legacy, all right. It just so happened to be the one part of the former's legacy that everyone didn't want to live up to that the ended up living up to anyway.

Christ above, I'm just so angry right now. I can't believe this team actually made me regain the ability to get mad at them. This being Abanhfleft, expecting failure and disappointment is always going to be a thing for their fans. But it's true that it's the hope that kills you. This team already screwed up against Tequilo, and then that draw against Trolleborg was surely another blow to their chances. It was truly win against Sannyamathland or nothing for the lasses. And they abso-fucking-lutely cocked it up. Look, I'll apologize now and in advance for all the bad words and curses that I'm about to lay down this time, but this loss just infuriates me to no end! This, for me, is the game that proves that it really is the hope that kills you.

I mean, just imagine the scene. Abanhfleft absolutely had to win in order to advance. A draw wouldn't be enough because if Trolleborg wins against Garbelia, and there's actually a good chance of that happening, they can push us out of contention because of goal difference (we drew them on the head-to-head so that's out as a tiebreaker). Only victory over Sannyamathland can really see us through. So the girls know the stakes, and within ten minutes Kelly McGinnis has scored. Sounds good so far, right? Well, it's Abanhfleft. We've never been so good at defending so we often rely on scoring more than our opponents more often than not to win games. Sannyamathland looked so weak and easy in the early game; we really should have taken advantage and gone for the jugular. But if there's anything that we're worse at than defending, it's putting pressure on our opponents on a consistent basis. So our 1-0 lead became 1-1, and then 1-1 became 1-2 to Sannyamathland.

Only then did the lasses seem to feel that there was actually some sort of urgency to their task. You know girls, if you could have done the bastard task back when the score was still 1-0 then that would've been great. Why does it always have to take things going tits up before our team gets to moving their arses?! Now we can't just play for a draw because Trolleborg are now comfortably winning against Garbelia. It's win against Sannyamathland or bust for us! The problem is, Sannyamathland finally got their shit together and were defending a damn sight better than we were. Which is why, despite all of our best efforts to score an equalizer (and quite possibly even because of it), Chubukov scored his second goal and his country's third, and basically put us all out of our collective misery. Amelie Rusev's goal seemed more a cruel joke of fate, that bloody fickle mistress, than anything. Just give us enough hope that something can still happen without actually letting it happen. Bloody Nora.

And now I'm left thinking about what could have possibly happened if for some reason we managed to beat Sannyamathland. For one, we'd have taken their place as being the ones to advance in second place out of Group F. We'd be drawn against Ginadjkrum, and there are only two possibilities for us here: either we smash them or they smash us. Now if we go down the timeline where we somehow beat Ginadjkrum, we'd be up against Omerica. Now that is always going to be a tough match. That's a game that I will definitely call 50/50 had that happened. On the unlikely chance that we did beat them, our semifinal will have been against Tequilo. And since they've already shown that they can beat us, I feel fairly confident in predicting that they would have beaten us once again, thus relegating us to fighting for third place once again. At the very least we will have done a much better job of actually playing to win rather than shitshow of a farce that both Omerica and Silver Beach did. Imagine being so spoilt with footballing success that you actually start to consider the third place playoff to be an insult to the sport of football. By saying that, you've just insulted every other team out there who actually wants some modicum of success in football. Yes, I know not everyone can win, but what Omerica did (and Silver Beach! Remember that they're just as complicit in this as the Omericans are) was just plain insulting. So they want to fucking auction off their bronze medals? I say the fucking SFA should go bid for those medals! If they win the bid then at least those things are going somewhere where they're actually wanted. Christ above, just imagine being so fucking spoiled...

Anyway, that's all that there is for me. Join me once again for coverage of the coming World Cup qualifiers where we will see just how abject our team has become. But until then, I've been the Man from Markovsky, still disappointed and now also angry at our country.

SANNYAMATHLAND 3 - 2 ABANHFLEFT
SANDIEV (36') McGINNIS (10')
CHUBUKOV (52', 79') RUSEV (83')
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Juvencus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2016

Postby Juvencus » Tue May 11, 2021 12:19 pm

The Second Great War of Unification (1876-1892)

The Second Great War of Unification was a major scale conflict over the area of modern-day Juvencus fought between the Unionists, which consisted of the Duchy of Pomena, the Confederation of the West, the Order of the Sud, the Principality of Santo Domenico and the Kingdom of Pacgliari against the states of the Independetists, or states that would rather remain in a loose confederation than a united Juvencus, which where the Principality of Scudelli, the Union of Demene-Tiscan, the Federation of the Crescent, the Kingdom of Torona and the Chiefdoms of Cuori. The war was the finale of the first great war of unification which was fought 30 years prior and had previously ended up with the Independentists winning and creating even looser restrictions in the -now headless- confederation.

Chapter 1: The Battle of Cornaroma(December 1876-February 1877)

The drawing Miracle of Cornaroma by Michelangelo Perichetti

The Battle of Cornaroma was a battle that was fought in the farming village of Cornaroma, a settlement right at the borderline between the the Principality of Scudelli and the Principality of Santo Domenico both of which were the only belligerents in that battle.

Prince Tiago of Santo Domenico sought to surprise the Scudellian forces which were situated at the border, initially thought to be in the few tens, he planned to launch an offensive with several hudred men in hopes of encircling them and forcefully making them surrender the village. What he did not anticipate though was that there were over 3,000 Scudellian ground troops and 100 cavalry amassed at the border, so the Domenicans were at a massive disadvantadge from the get go.

The initial and shortest stage of the battle took place 200 yards away from the city, where the first shots were fired near a water sile which alerted the Scudellian forces of the imminent Domenican attack. Soon after the cavalry forces launched an attack towards the grounded Domenicans, leading to heavy casualties on their part, with 20 dropping dead from the repeating cavalry attacks and no place to hide from them. Eventually, a run towards the town was commanded.

Over there, the longest stage of the battle was initiated, with sappers setting up fortifications with whatever they could grab from the village and setting up in the houses in tight neighborhoods so the Scudellians wouldn't be able to bulk up and attack nor use their cavalry. For weeks they'd try to initiate attacks towards the households and shops the Domenicans were set up but they would always be set back with heavy casualties. On the night of January 29th, the Scudellian forces would attempt to set up a fire to force the Domenicans out, which worked. It was an all-out battle that used both melee tactics and shootouts in the tight streets of the village, but the Domenicans would prevail and push the Scudellians away from Cornaroma, resulting in their first victory of the war.

Tiago's plans of a surprise attack had failed, however and the Domenicans would have to mobilise even more troops way faster in the surrounding areas, if they wanted chances at victory. For Prince Carlo IV of Scudelli, this was a shock defeat and he immediately ordered a full on invasion of Santo Domenico.

Battle result: Domenican tactical victory, Scudellians pushed away from Cornaroma!

Principality of Santo Domenico: 800 troops, 157 casualties
Principality of Scudelli: 3,000 troops, 659 casualties
The Holy Empire of Juvencus
Diverse yet united
Demonym: Juven Trigram: JUE Capital: Pomena
Sonnel is my home<3

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Tue May 11, 2021 1:38 pm

Shinonome Kyoai - International

World Cup 88 Preparations in full swing.
Hopes are high, but cautious as Watanabe returns as manager
By Natsumi Miyasaki
Sports
ImageSHARE THIS: Image Image Image Image

TENKYO, KANYORI — Painful defeats are still fresh in the memory of many Kandorese people as Kandorith failed to place themselves for the World Cup and had an early exit at the Cup of Harmony afterwards. on top of the decisive defeats, the long-time manager Hayabusa decided to resign after the team suffered unnecessary defeats during the qualification campaign. Ken Watanabe has been in charge ever since and his newly found tactics with the team he was left with would not be able to turn around the results of the campaign. Kandorith would be eliminated in a shameful display and disgruntled fans would set their hopes on the Cup of Harmony, where they previously excelled.

The hopes for the Cup of Harmony would strand in the first round of the Cup in third place; thwarted by a unlucky draw. Unfortunately Watanabe's system did not get the credit it deserved as it never really got to fruition. We have arrived at World Cup 88's qualifiers now and Watanabe has completely thrown the team around with completely new players, a new system and a new vision for the national team. When asked about his vision his answer was straightforward:

"Ever since we have entered into the footballing world we have been trailing behind many teams we have played and even took inspiration from, even though it has brought us success, I believe this is the wrong way to think about it. For me it is clear what needs to happen to Kandorese football. We need to learn and embrace what other teams around us are doing. We have always played our own style of football, native to our philosophy and culture; it is time to step away from that. When looking at teams like Kelssek, Nephara, Valanora and more of the top performing teams; there is a lesson to be learned there. No more will we trail behind teams, instead we will take the fight to them. I fully believe that the system I created, together with the excellent players, will be a complete show of force on the tournament. I think we will truly give a revitalization of Kandorese football a new meaning, both national and international.

"I know we have disappointed in our previous campaign for both tournaments and we should have done better, though I believe the players were not fully ready to switch from a system that has dominated our national team for such a long time. I truly believe I can be the fresh leadership that this nation has needed in the world of sports for quite a while now. I do not want to discredit my predecessor at all, Hayabusa after all, was one of the greatest managers this nation has ever seen and he has truly brought the team to new greatness. Naturally as all living beings and ecosystems live and die, so must leadership also change every few seasons to ensure new ideas come to fruition. We can not stick to the old and trusted if that old and trusted style does not work any more. Hayabusa's legacy was one of great victories and unexpected results, but in the end came down to not being able to modernize enough to take on the next big challenge. I am here to change that and will show that while we need to respect our ways of old, we also need to give young voices and new ideas a chance to prove themselves."

Watanabe has won a very minor majority of vote during the election of the Kandorese Football Association, closely followed by Ichiro Hiyasabe and Kenji Muto. The KFA has stated that they were hesitant to chose for Watanabe again after the failed qualification and Cup of Harmony results, but believed in his abilities to lead the team with a rebuild team to indeed: start a new era of football for the Kandorese. Akira Watanabe and Toshi Fujiwara are of course not unknown names in the Kandorese football world as they both have managed teams like Higashu Frontale, Ginza Victory and others respectfully before. While the nation is going through a new period of reformation and modernization of it's political system, it is only fitting that the Kandorese football also grows with the nation.
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Mytanija
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Mytanija » Tue May 11, 2021 2:15 pm

VIOLENCE SOURS MYTANAR VICTORY OVER OBEROUR AR MORO
DID THE CLASHES IN REGIUM REPRESENT A RETURN TO THE WORST DAYS OF MYTANAR HOOLIGANISM?

by Nevenka Planinc

OBEROUR AR MORO 2–3 MYTANIJA
OAM: Mauranghas 10’, 31’
MYT: Derajevic 14’, Toshev 51’, Gannot 83’

OAM: 46. Laisne; 14. d’Annet, 10. Petit (sub. l’Aulogier 71’), 11. Brébeuf, 15. Eriq; 28. Foray, 16. Durerie (sub. Peyrot 63’), 18. Gaspard; 30. Regnaut, 43. Mauranghas (sub. Rose 63’), 42. d’Anevers

MYT: 24. Muminovic; 25. Feric, 26. Omerovic, 27. U. Odonelec, 28. Toshev; 29. Vukomanovic (sub. Ajanovic 68’), 30. Smajic, 31. Kupresak (c); 32. Yvjoev, 33. Derajevic (sub. Gannot 71’), 34. Agic (sub. Kalinic 80’)

Lev Repin has been giving those on the fringes of the national pool a chance in pre-World Cup qualifying friendlies with a rotated team beating Ethane through a Zlatan Andrijasevic header before a much stronger line-up succumbed to Starblaydia 2-0 at the Stadii Di Bradini. It was more of the same in Mytanija’s 3-2 away to Oberour Ar Moro, with seven uncapped players making their international debut just across Rushmore at the Parade Grounds in Regium. Sadly for those players, as well as Repin and the FSM, the game is more likely to be remembered for events off the pitch as Mytanar supporters were involved in violent clashes with Oberour fans at the stadium’s metro station. A group of around 500 Mytanar supporters were involved and officials from the FSM condemned the violence as ‘some of the worst Mytanar hooliganism in years’ adding that many at the governing body had believed that Mytanija’s most fanatical supporters had ‘moved past the violence’ in recent times. That belief was disproven entirely in Regium.

Over the past few years the Policija have indicated that hooligan groups have increasingly turned to social media and encrypted messaging platforms to organise fights between rival groups. This has been a purely domestic phenomenon up until now, with the Policija struggling to combat it across Mytanija after an initially successful crackdown on football hooliganism following the country’s ban from international competition. When Mytanija returned to the international stage both the Policija and provisional government were buoyant that they had reduced the level of violence around football so much so that it was now considered a minor issue. They didn’t expect it to rear its head on this scale again.

Then the fights arranged via social media and new messaging apps started, they were often away from football stadiums on areas of disused industrial wasteland or quiet areas of public parks and the Policija could no longer keep track of the groups that were known to be involved in the violence. The groups had grown used to the methods of surveillance the Policija used against them and would only turn up in numbers of around 20-50 and then fight against a rival mob of a similar size, videos of the fights would then turn up on social media and be circulated between different hooligan groups. The Policija could only watch on from afar, they had reduced the scale of the violence and it was no longer happening in and around stadiums, but hooligans were still turning up at hospitals with horrendous injuries. There was always the fear that this lower level of violence could lead to a return to the darkest days of Mytanar hooliganism. It appears that that is what has happened.

Sources have told Gazeta Sporta that Mytanar hooligans from all over the country united to cause trouble in Oberour Ar Moro, something which will certainly worry those in government and the Policija who believed they had stopped this from happening abroad. Many had thought that it couldn’t happen now, with groups from different regions having entirely incompatible political ideals, something which prevented the cooperation between enemy groups which had been a feature of Mytanar hooliganism abroad for so long. A source within the Policija believes that the groups involved must all be from relatively similar political traditions due to the level of enmity between left and right-wing groups domestically, along with those who believe in Mytanar unity and those who are vociferous ethno-religious nationalists. The authorities are currently unclear on exactly which groups might have been involved at this point.

They do know that it was the hooligans’ tried and tested method of communication – social media and encrypted messaging apps – that was used to contact Oberour supporters, goading them with threats of running riot all over Regium. Mytanar hooligans were intent on causing trouble, perhaps aware that the local authorities were likely to be more laidback than the Policija, the Oberour Gendarmerie have authority over the nation’s football games and a local claimed that in the past ‘they probably haven’t taken the job very seriously […] probably counting on Oberours to control themselves’. In this case local supporters were not going to control themselves, antagonised by the Mytanars on social media a meeting was organised on an encrypted messaging app, it would occur right next to the stadium at its metro stop. The use of the encrypted messaging app meant that the Policija could not monitor the hooligans as they have done with SMS messaging in the past, this meant that there was no warning for their Oberour counterparts.

The stadium’s metro station was perhaps selected tactically by the Oberour supporters, with the exit providing a bottleneck for the Mytanar hooligans. It didn’t seem to work out that way, perhaps due to the organisation of the Mytanar groups, as most of the fighting occurred outside of the exit area. This was violence of a level which has not been seen for years with the Mytanar national team, the number of Gendarmerie stationed around the metro station insufficient to deal with the numbers involved as 500 Mytanar hooligans ran riot against a similar number of locals. It is possible that the short distance of the trip – only a few hours flight across Rushmore – may have played a part in the size of the group. Men could be seen exiting the scene with heads cracked open as blood poured from open wounds, more bodies were strewn around on the floor in varying levels of consciousness. The fighting was allowed to go on for around three to four minutes before Gendarmerie reinforcement arrived at the scene, with members of their force dragging hooligans from both sides off the scene. Warning shots were fired to disperse the hooligans, with Mytanars retreating to the metro stop entrance/exit and bursting into bouts of celebratory chanting. It is unknown how many were arrested at this point, though the situation may become clearer in the next few days. A section of Mytanar supporters in the Parade Grounds stadium set off smoke bombs in the colour of the national flag and unfurled a crudely drawn banner stating ‘Mytanija 1 Oberour Ar Moro 0’ prior to the game.

Premier Ana Mecava-Catic released a short statement condemning the violence, saying that nobody in Mytanija outside of these small groups of fanatics wants to see a return to the darkest days of football hooliganism. She claimed that this event was not representative of Mytanar football fans now, citing the huge strides Mytanar football fans have made to repair their reputation internationally over the past few years as evidence of the fact that things are changing. The Policija are yet to release a statement but sources have told Gazeta Sporta that they have contacted Oberour authorities to try and offer assistance with identifying those involved in the violence.

It is an event which has marred a fantastic result for Lev Repin’s team as they won out 3-2 away from home in an all-Rushmori game with an experimental line-up. Vilim Kupresak captained the team for the first time, threading Anton Derajevic through on goal for Mytanija’s first goal, a 14th minute equaliser after Nycollas Mauranghas opened the scoring ten minutes into the game. Mauranghas put his team back in front just before the half hour mark, beating Josko Omerovic in the air and powering a header down to Zafer Muminovic’s right after a lovely cross from right-winger Geruaise d'Anevers. Mytanija had struggled with Oberour Ar Moro’s unusual formation in the first-half, the home side’s twin sweepers causing some issues for Mytanija’s usual whirlwind of movement given their deep positioning. They would also occasionally join in when Oberour Ar Moro had possession, moving into midfield positions to outnumber the Mytanar midfield.

Repin’s side seemed to get to grips with their opponents better in the second-half, with Gavril Toshev instructed to move into midfield more to protect against the Oberour sweepers moving forward and creating those overloads which had caused issues in the opening 45 minutes. Toshev dispossessed a forward charging Drev Brébeuf just over five minutes into the second-half and recognising the opportunity to get forward with one of the sweepers out of position Toshev stormed forwards. The FK Arsika utility man swapped passes with Itzhar Yvjoev and then swept the ball past Laisne with his weaker left foot to make it 2-2 with plenty of time on the clock to win the game. Repin’s changes over the remainder of the match showed that he wanted to win it too, he brought Sefir Ajanovic on for Predrag Vukomanovic first – dispensing with a defensive midfielder – with Ajanovic’s creative ability crucial in the winner. Mersudin Smajic slotted in as the most conservative of the new midfield trio. Then Repin made a like-for-like change of Derajevic for Damien Gannot, the Atletik forward making his international debut after accumulating a stupendous record at under-21 level. Finally the experienced Boris Kalinic came on for the inconsistent Ramiz Agic.

It was Damien Gannot who got the winner with a debut goal, although all three substitutes played the part in a manner which will only serve to provide Repin acolytes more evidence of his genius. The young Atletik striker is probably going to be the long-term replacement for Jezdimir Ocokoljic and his performances at the Di Bradini Cup already have international media heralding his talent, many wondering exactly where he will move to in the same way they discussed Ocokoljic’s departure from the Novi Atletskistadion over the summer. If Gannot can secure more winning goals like this then it will surely only hasten that departure. Ajanovic started the move, twisting away from Peyrot on the halfway line after receiving a ball to feet from Josko Omerovic. He then sent Boris Kalinic haring towards the goal line with a laser guided pass between l’Aulogier and d’Annet. The genius of the through ball was that it was perfectly weighted, it didn’t run out of play like it might if a player with less technical ability had tried it. Kalinic used his speed – still his most dangerous attribute even at the age of 32 – to reach it, clipping a first time cross in with his right boot.

Then it was left up to young Gannot, the ball was slightly behind him and he had to contort his body to make contact with the ball as he wanted to. He ended up with his back half-facing towards the Oberour goal, his body twisted so that he could get his right boot up to the ball (around his chest height) to volley it towards the net. It was a fantastic goal, an excellent piece of improvisation and it sent the Mytanar contingent in the stadium into noisy celebration. It certainly wasn’t a bad way to mark his international debut, but what a shame that the game has been marred by the violence of the supporters outside the ground.

The Gendarmerie kept the Mytanar supporters in the stadium after the game, not wanting to risk a repeat of the scenes which had unfolded prior to the match, but they were content to sing long into the night after watching a spectacular end-to-end game. Mytanija’s results in pre-qualifying friendlies indicate that the team may be in reasonable form, two wins over Ethane and Oberour Ar Moro and a defeat against Starblaydia are about where this group are expected to be. The group the team have been placed into has been discussed as being one of a few potential ‘groups of death’, with five-times World Cup champions Valanora topping off an extremely talented field which also includes Geektopia, fellow Rushmoris Electrum and Eastfield Lodge and the always troublesome Abanhfleft. That doesn’t even mention potential banana skins in the form of the Grearish Union, Atheara and Adab.

Qualifying from this group will be like trying to win a game of scrabble against a Wightling, but if anybody’s able to use his tactical wit and motivational skills to chart a course through such a difficult group it might well be Lev Repin. He’s already deeply respected around Rushmore for his managerial ability, hopefully he’ll impress those around the multiverse who have not heard too much about him during this qualification cycle. It’d be nicer to be known for that – and a great team – instead of our football hooligans.
FEDERATIVNA REPUBLIKA MYTANIJA
Federal Republic of Mytannion

Capital: Esca
Population: c. 49,600,000
Demonym: Mytanar

Interested in Mytanar sport? Visit the Mytanski sportski mediji web page

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports