NATION

PASSWORD

[Tennis/NSTT] Clay court season 7 [RP/Results]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

San Ortelio
Envoy

Founded: Nov 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby San Ortelio » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:24 pm

“Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute, just sit with me
I'll tell you how I became the Prince of NSTT

In West San Savola born and raised
On the tennis court is where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, serving, returning all cool
And shooting some drop shots outside of the school
Met the SOTA bosses, who saw my backhand was sure
Asked them for my presence on the NS Tour
I got in one little game and the sensation caught me
Lets win every game, till I’m the Prince of NSTT

I begged and pleaded till my funds were okay
And I packed my suitcase and got me on my way
Travelled to the airport and bought me my ticket
Gone all across Rushmore, just here to kick it
First tier, yo this is rad
Playing qualifiers like I’m the puppeteer
Is this all it needs to climb up the ranks high
Hmm, this might be allrigh’
Landed on Sonhos and when a cab came near
The billboards spoke off the Masters – they need me here
Ate a pasteis then two and well, then three
Nearly forgotten me, I’m here for NSTT

I pulled up to the hotel, looking all neat’a
A piccolo packed, said “Welcome to Alameda”
Looked at my kingdom, I would finally be
The new number one, the Prince of NSTT”

“And, what do you think?”

Luciano Crepaldi looked to Fiorenzo like a young puppy. Although they had broken up as a doubles pairing, the two still made a point of finding one another throughout tournaments. They would never be the best of friends, but Crepaldi looked up to the stylish Tartoni and Fiorenzo well – he would hate to admit it – was charmed by the enthusiasm from the youngster.

“They’re going to print it on a thousand singles,” Luciano continued, ignoring the blank stare from his friend, “just for the start. And it will be the Supertip in the Top30 on Radio Estella and…”
“My English teacher back in high school had an advice for creative octopuses like you, Lucky.”
“Aha!” Crepaldi smiled.
“Don’t give up on your day jobs, kids.”
San Ortelio, your favorite pseudo-Italian, coastal microstate. Less than half a million inhabitants who stand for a rich culture, are governed
by an delicate yet marvellously balanced system and remain economically viable due to fishing and funky tax laws.
But enough about us. Come vai?

We're no international threat, so have our domestic thread.
Definitely check the invitation box in the OP if you want to get involved.

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:36 pm

After today's cutoff, our draws will be finalized! Snip!

Singles — Qualifying (Round 3)
Lucy Muneer (SHT)            6   6
Arlo Daniels (BUC) 1 4

Tangeus Falk (PUG) 6 6
Goran McEnroe (BGG) 2 3

Austin McDanielson (TJU) 3 4
Ivan Štimac (SRE) 6 6

Iris Bergadhga (ACS) 6 1 2
Lucija Bagarić (SRE) 3 6 6

Luciano Crepaldi (SOR) 6 5 6
Albert Yong (UNV) 3 7 4

Mekar Laut (ERM) 2 1
Massimo Recinella (SOR) 6 6

Andrea Vergnani (SOR) 6 6
Mathew Giovanni (INS) 4 3

Ljubomir Ivanković (SRE) 2 6 6
Fonzie Sartin (INS) 6 3 3

Doubles — Qualifying (Round 1)
Svetlana Veshilina/Anna Emrenova (USR)     6   4  11
Abhilash Mandelia/Rahul Murarka (PRT) 3 6 9
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A proud member of the Astyria region
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:26 am

ANTILLIA MASTERS

IT'S TENNIS TIME !
by
IVAN JURLINA

THREE OF THREE

IVAN JURLINA : Dear viewers welcome to the show IT'S TENNIS TIME. The qualifications for the Antilia Open are over, and ours had a 100% performance. Three matches three wins in qualifying. But now, in the first round, the real excitement begins. Four of our representatives in singles and only one pair, a top pair.
Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović announced their engagement yesterday. Dust has not yet settled around that notice. We wish the boys luck in every way. We will start now with the qualifying matches, but we will also have short statements from our tennis players.

Austin McDanielson (TJU)     3   4
Ivan Štimac (SRE) 6 6

Ivan Štimac transmitted good games from Astelo International, where he played in the quarterfinals. He recorded two victories in the qualifiers. The latter came against Austin McDanielson of TJUN-ia. Štimac kept a uniform rhythm of the match from the beginning to the end. It covered the whole field brilliantly. He had a ready answer to every attack of his opponent. One gets the impression that he has done the qualifications. But it's not like that, he had a little problem in the first round but he learned something from that match so against McDanielson he didn't make the same mistake again.

" I played a good match. My team and I worked hard and hard to achieve the best results. It wasn’t easy at the start of the season but I think we’ve caught the rhythm now. I am satisfied with my game because it grows and progresses from match to match. "

REPORTER : Your next opponent is Lucien Le Floch from Recuecn, what do you know about him?

""I know he is an exceptional quality player, he is in the top 30, he is currently somewhere around the 32nd or 34th position. I don't know how he plays on the clay courts, I haven't watched him on the clay this year. We will look at some of his footage and develop tactics. I expect a good result because I feel really good and I'm in the mood to play. "

Iris Bergadhga (ACS)         6   1   2
Lucija Bagarić (SRE) 3 6 6

IVAN JURLINA : Very talented, strong and fast Lucija Bagarić is playing warm-cold this season. A lot of times it leaves us wondering how he can play strong. And sometimes Lucia is unrecognizable. We believe that with experience comes better results. In the first round, Lucija adjusted herself in the first set, adjusted her hand, but once she did that, she did not give the opponent a chance to return. So it was now. The first set, Lucia as uninterested in what was going on around her. He tries to hit those powerful shots but the balls don’t hit the right spot on the field. Lucia still plays attacking and strong but the set still belongs to Iris Bergadhga. However in the second set, Lucia hits everything she missed in the first set. That game is still too strong for Iris and Lucia furiously takes the remaining two sets. The 19-year-old talented tennis player will play the first round.

"Every time I play, I play without compromise. I always play to win as best I can. Sometimes in that desire I can't control all that strength and energy. But the moment I find balance then I play almost so perfectly."

REPORTER : Nineteen ace serves in this match. In two matches 28 aces of service. Service seems to be the basis of your game?

" No, service is not the basis of my game. Genetically, I have a predisposition to do the most damage with the services, but the hits from the basic line are also devastating. There is certainly a lot of space for improvement. First of all I work a lot with my team on return. You can see the leap forward. But much remains to do. "

REPORTER : The next opponent is Dorotea Granit from Gnejs. What do you know about her?

" She is currently 52nd in the world. It means that she is a quality tennis player like everyone else who comes from Gneiss. My team and I will analyze and see what he doesn’t like about the game so we will try to implement that. however, it is important for me to enter the operating temperature as soon as possible. Because I know when I'm ready and I feel ready to go far. "

Ljubomir Ivanković (SRE)     2   6   6
Fonzie Sartin (INS) 6 3 3

IVAN JURLINA : Ljubomir Ivanković turned the lead around to an awkward opponent, Fonzie Sartin of Insinue. In the first set, Ljubomir had a low percentage of the first serve, only 53% and won only 3 points on his second serve. Bad entry into the match was used by Sartin, who easily won the first set. However in the other two sets a different story. Ivankovic raises the level of the first serve, he no longer makes mistakes and the match goes in his favor. Fonzi Sartin tried to drop the ball out of the rhythm of our player but failed. Ivankovic goes to the first round of the Antillia Masters.

" Uh, it's better not to repeat this set again hehe. But it’s all sport and tennis. simply when something doesn’t go, then it doesn’t go. Luckily I found the right rhythm and momentum so I was able to stabilize the game. Amazing how much tennis is actually a psychological game."

REPORTER : Your next opponent is Ardil Navsal from Ceni.

"The draw didn’t like me hahaha. We played at the Grand Slam in the second round. The match was very good and even, I lost after five sets of play. The big player, the big name in world tennis, is third in the world but I don’t think he plays as well on a clay court as he does on a hard surface. Here's my chance. "

REPORTER : that match was great, final before final. How did you feel after that match?

" Look, it's the fifth set, I already felt my body and legs hurt. I haven’t had a lot of big matches at that level. The only thought in my head was "hold on a little longer." I just didn't have more strength in that fifth set, I was out of breath. I felt bad right after the match but later I changed my mind and realized I had no reason to be bad. I played a great match, I played against the great Ardil Navsal who, as far as I remember, reached the final then. "

National Tenis Center- Srednjaci

IVAN JURLINA : On the courts of the National Tennis Center, young tennis players are training and preparing for two big events. Grand Slam and Junior Championships in Srednjaci. We managed to ask Alyn Korelev a few questions at the training.

REPORTER : Alyna, how are the trainings progressing and what are your plans for this year?

ALYNA : I changed coaches. Dad doesn't train me anymore. I think the moment has come when he has nothing more to give me, that is the limit we have reached. Now I am coached by Tamara Jurković. She’s great and we already have a lot of good improvements in my game. The plan is to play the Grand Slam as well as possible and try to get the title in the Srednjaci for under-18s. Somehow we are based on these two events.

REPORTER : how is school going ?

ALYNA : School is ok. I manage to hold classes online, pass tests. for now everything is ok.

REPORTER : Thank you Alyna .

IVAN JURLINA : Dear viewers with so many of us now. We report from the Antillia Masters to the tennis matches of our representatives in the first round.

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Founded: May 11, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:25 am

Dorotea Granit's diary, 23.04.21

Dear diary. Just woke up. Surveyed the updated rankings. Astello propelled Stagnelius way upwards and above both me and Heraklit. I'm now third amongst the Union players. Doesn't sit right. I always kick both their asses when we play back home.

Dear diary. Had eggs for breakfast. Thought about Stagnelius. He has done well. I should probably acknowledge that somehow.

Dear diary. Back from training. Legs heavy. Not promising. Feels strange playing on clay again. Not my favourite. The weather is nice though.

Dear diary. Just back from lunch. Saw Stagnelius. Had plans on congratulating him, but didn't. Smiled and nodded at him when he walked by though. That'll have to do. I think he noticed.

Dear diary. Irregular bowel movements. Not comforting. Could be the lunch.

Dear diary. The qualifications are done. I'm up against Bagarić in the first round. Never trust a man with an acute accent over his c's, my grandfather always said. Foolish racist old man.

Dear diary. Falk pulled through in his qualification. Good on the old man. You have to respect someone who's kicked your ass so many times. He beat the angry Baggie. Heard rumours that he really made a mess of things back in Port Kejm. Unclear what kind. Maybe I'll ask Oxwald.

Dear diary. Stomach seems to have stabilized. Good sign.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:33 am

The Turnip: We Asked Four Questions To Lonus Varalin
by Milly Monka

Lonus Varalin has a reputation of being one of the world's most hottest hotheads, so we sat down with him to talk about his success on and off the tennis court.

1. What did you feel when you won your first grand slam?

Oh man, as a four year old, you just don't recognise your achievements at all. I remember me winning the Cenian Open like it was yesterday, but the scale of the accomplishment hit me when I was like at least five or six years old. You start to really recognise what you did when people stop you on the street and say "Oh you! You're the boy who Glibbed!" You don't forget those moments when randoms go up to you in the street. Anyways, when I won my first grand slam, I actually threw a tantrum because I wanted to eat fries and chicken nuggets and they didn't have sweet and sour sauce, they only had barbecue sauce, so I got really mad and threw a chair at my cup, because as you know, although the two types of sauce are brown coloured, the two sauces actually taste very different.

2. How do you relax after a long day of tennis?

I like to listen to relaxing music such as Salmagundian nose fluting and Gnejsian throat singing. There's something primal inside of me that gets switched on in my loins every time I hear the guttural roar of a Gnejsian singing about Janssons frestelse. I then treat myself to a box of chicken nuggies and fries, with sweet and sour sauce of course.

3. What's your favourite sport outside of tennis?

Foxy boxing. Followed by hot oil wrestling, and then followed by senior (specifically over 70s) athletics. It's funny to see the wrinkles bounce up and down when they compete, especially when they run the 100m.

4. Is this interview over?

Nooo! I have so much more I want to say, like the time I was in a love triangle with the Recuecn sisters...
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:32 pm

Cut!

Singles — Round 1
Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU)     6   6
Stephen Saltswoon (INS) 4 2

Batera Siwara (ERM) 7 4 5
Luciano Crepaldi (SOR) 6 6 7

Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) 2 5
Andrea Vergnani (SOR) 6 7

Lucy Muneer (SHT) 2 4

Mindy Waterford (KHD) 5 5
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 7 7

Teegan Sosa (GRU) 6 3 7
Eva Sarvan (ACS) 1 6 9

Bartholomew Pole (KHD) 3 2
Carmichael Brown (ETM) 6 6

Ivan Štimac (SRE) 6 6
Lucien Le Floch (RCN) 4 1

Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU) 6 6
Haikal Jansen (SHT) 3 4

Martha McNeil (GRU) 6 6
Arthur Leloup (RCN) 2 2

Vladimir Mikhailov (WSN) 3 2
Lucas Parvash (ACS) 6 6

Bradley Tang (UNV) 4 2
John Ivanisevic (BGG) 6 6

Fiorenzo Tartoni (SOR) 6 6
Naim Alex (SHT) 3 4

Bianka Arendt (GGY) 6 3 3
Johmer Vales (CEN) 3 6 6

Jeff Rogers (GRU) 5 6 6
Armin Miksa (GGY) 7 2 2

Tangeus Falk (PUG) 2 3
Ilonka Plevnik (DOT) 6 6

Lonus Varalin (CEN) 6 3 8
Livinia Moore (ETM) 4 6 6

Yaiza Rubi (HSP) 2 2
Hemat Darwisa (ERM) 6 6

Gaëlle Sellier (RCN) 5 7 6
Margie Brown (GRU) 7 5 8

Anne Valens (LIS) 3 3
Fredrik Stagnelius (PUG) 6 6

Andrew Simmons (ETM) 6 4 8
Botack Andiam (CEN) 3 6 6

Davi Malakkar (ACS) 7 3 2
Janet Riley (ETM) 5 6 6

Syamim Kevin (SHT) 6 7
Maria Sophia Lubis (PCU) 4 5

Theresa Waterford (KHD) 1 4
Sekar Laut (ERM) 6 6

Ardil Navsal (CEN) 6 6
Ljubomir Ivanković (SRE) 2 4

Maria Sharanova (USR) 1 1
Wita Tobelaro (SDG) 6 6

Donat Kis (GGY) 2 0
Shinji Makauchi (TJU) 6 6

Valery Ushakov (WSN) 6 7
Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) 2 6

Valentina Spetsova (TJU) 6 6
Amara Charles (BUC) 1 4

Lucija Bagarić (SRE) 7 3 3
Dorotea Granit (PUG) 5 6 6

Abelie Fontana (RCN) 2 3
Tena Špiričić (SRE) 6 6

Georg Heraklit (PUG) 6 6
Nikunj Niraniya (PRT) 3 1

Doubles — Round 1
Ektaa Ambekar/Dhrivika Kanvinde (PRT)         6   4   6
Arlo Daniels/Emilio Robles (BUC) 3 6 3

Massimo Recinella/Oscar Recinella (SOR) 6 5 5
Jan Turovets/Vitaly Rakov (WSN) 0 7 7

Vuyani Rabada/Kaui Kamakawiwoʻole (TJU) 6 0 5
Alexandra Barna/Albert Taussig (GGY) 3 6 7

Mekar Laut/Sekar Laut (ERM) 6 2 6
Jeremy Glass/Teegan Sosa (GRU) 4 6 4

Vječeslav Korent/Alen Glesnik (DOT) 6 6 2
Anabella Barrio/Carito Ramo (HSP) 1 7 6

Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE) 6 5 9
Gusti Sing Nggawe/Uyah Nyonya (SDG) 1 7 7

Vanessza Pataki/Marvin Weinwurm (GGY) 6 4 8
Batera Siwara/Hemat Darwisa (ERM) 2 6 6

Richard McCourtney/Nikita Mikhailev (USR) 2 3
Izzat Manson/George Fakhrul (SHT) 6 6

Eka Mulyana/Elfa Mulyana (SDG) 3 6 6
Jordina Silva/Fonzie Sartin (INS) 6 4 1

Jesus Grego/Timito Belmontes (HSP) 4 3
Amara Charles/Rivera Bassett (BUC) 6 6

Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) 6 6
Svetlana Veshilina/Anna Emrenova (USR) 3 2

Anthony Kawasaki/Jack Ho (ETM) 7 6
Oka Sulastra/Gregory Huemenn (PCU/INS) 5 1

Diana Jansen/Haikal Jansen (SHT) 4 1
Arne Oxwald/Goran McEnroe (PUG/BGG) 6 6

Lenta Rasmi/Jayadi Ahmad (ERM/PCU) 5 3
Fiorenzo Tartoni/Andrea Vergnani (SOR) 7 6

Ilonka Plevnik/Mihaela Mazurkijević (DOT) 2 5
Katina Gallion/Madeleine Quinn (LIS) 6 7

Samantha Budjedtson/Peter Feachell (INS) 2 7 3
Athos Smiecikoski/Gareth Teiss (LIS) 6 6 6
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:00 am

ANTILLIA MASTERS

IT'S TENNIS TIME !
by
IVAN JURLINA

ŠPIRIČIĆ AND ŠTIMAC WITH CONVINCING WINNS, THE END OF THE ROAD FOR IVANKOVIĆ AND BAGARIĆ!

IVAN JURLINA : the matches of the first round of the Antilli Masters were played. We had four players in the single while we had one pair in the doubles. Our tennis had a positive score in the first round. Three wins and two losses. Tena Špiričić and Ivan Štimac were convincing with 2: 0, leaving their opponents with only five games. Lucija Bagarić lost after a hard fight and Ardil Navsal did not allow Ivanković any chance to win. Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović they continue with good games. They achieved their sixth victory in a row.

Ivan Štimac (SRE)                6   6
Lucien Le Floch (RCN) 4 1

Ivan Štimac shows an enviable level of his game from tournament to tournament. Huge improvements in the game are visible, and the results are getting better. With the victory against Lucien Le Floch, he came closer to entering the top 100. Štimac was a better player on the court from the beginning. He covered every part of the court very well and the victory could have been more convincing if he had used all the break opportunities he had in the first set. A high percentage of first serve interceptions of 82% guaranteed him firmer play and confidence in shots rallies. He had 32 winners, 25 of them on the forehand. He moved very well and was always in the right place which threw the opponent out of rhythm.

" An important victory for the points and self-confidence that is absolutely necessary. Lucien Le Floch is a player who is from the Top 100. It is very important for me to know where I belong at the moment. We missed the very beginning of the season because our federation was not internationally recognized. That's why I was late in season . But now I’m already catching the rhythm and the connection. I work hard and well and I am always focused on what I do. "

REPORTER : next oponent is Carmichael Brown from Electrum, what do you know aobout him ?

"What I do know is that he knocked out the tenth seed of the tournament in the first round. That's enough for me to turn on the alarm light. He's a quality player and I'm going to have to play the best I can against him. Leave nothing to chance."

Abelie Fontana (RCN)             2   3
Tena Špiričić (SRE) 6 6

Tena Špiričić showed an enviable game against the ninth holder of the tournament from Recuecn, Abelie Fontana. Already in the first service game, it was clear that Tena came ready and that she only wanted to win and that she was not interested in anything else. Špiričić plays strong and fast. Keeping the balls deep in the game, Abelie anticipates it but then Tena changes the rhythm of the game. She inserts a lot of slice shots with which she kicks Abelie Fontana out of her rhythm and play. The moment Tena felt insecure with her opponent, the story came to an end. Tena Špriričić had as much as 92% of the first serve. She did not allow any break opportunity to the opponent and she realized 5. Three in the first set, two in the second. She was great on the return, she had a better percentage against the opponent's first serve.

" Before going out on the field, I worked out my tactics. I didn’t want anything unforeseen to happen. I knew I was playing against a great player. But anyway I have confidence in my game and if I impose my rhythm changes with slice beats she will lose her rhythm. I watched her on the recordings and saw that she doesn’t like it when it’s played hard and then the game is slowed down by slices. I was great on the serve and on the return I tried to be as focused as possible so I could attack her serve."

REPORTER : Georg Heraklit is your next opponent. What do you know about him?

"This year he had a great performance at the Electrum Slam. I know he likes that type of substrate. However I will have to look at how he plays on clay courts. It is a player that is in the top 50 in the world at the moment. I have to play my game, try to stay focused on what I’m doing.

Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE)         6   5   9
Gusti Sing Nggawe/Uyah Nyonya (SDG) 1 7 7

Harder than expected, Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović came to victory, their sixth in a row. Pressure from the media and the public under which the boys have to play probably made them barely beat Gusti Sing Nggawe and Uyah Nyonya. The announcement of the engagement and the whole media hype surrounding it pushed the result into the background. Probably because of that the guys weren’t in the mood to make statements. Everything went well, the game was great in the first set. In just 32 minutes. the games won the set 6-1. Then a small incident happened. The two spectators started throwing insulting words at Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović all the time. The judge, after two warnings to the spectators, asked the security axis to remove the two provocateurs from the audience. Obviously, that bothered our players, so they allowed their opponents five games in a row from the 5: 2 lead and lost the set. In the third set, both pairs held their game until the 8: 7 lead of our tennis players. The opposing pair served to equalize but failed to keep the serve and our guys achieved victory in the first round of the Antillia Masters.

Lucija Bagarić (SRE)             7   3   3
Dorotea Granit (PUG) 5 6 6

Lucija Bagarić failed to qualify for the second round. Despite a good game, she was defeated by Dorotea Granit of Gnejs. Lucija opened the match well, but so did Dorotea. Obviously, Dorotea's tactic was to "get everything back on the fcourt." Dorotea was running all around, she managed to get every ball back and then it was Lucija who hit or threw it out. Granit served well, Lucija had problems on the return and that was reflected more in the second and third set. Lucija started to make mistakes, became insecure at the service and left the door open for Dorotea Granit. Granit took advantage of that and deservedly won.

" Congratulations to the opponents on the victory and determination. You had to have the strength to run all those heavy balls and she had the strength. I need to see with my team where I am wrong. Incredible how my game dropped and there was no reason for it. We'll see. We had to prepare for the rest of the season and such falls must not be repeated. "

Ardil Navsal (CEN)               6   6
Ljubomir Ivanković (SRE) 2 4

We did not see the match between Ardil Navsal and Ljubomir Ivanković as we did at the Electrum Slam. Navsal was convincing this time and did not allow Ivanković to get as close as last time. The third seed of the tournament convincingly celebrated against our tennis player.

"I didn't stand a chance. My legs were heavy and I think I urgently need rest and regeneration of my body. Navsal played great and on this occasion I congratulate him on the victory. I have to regenerate as soon as possible because in front of me is a difficult season of probably playing qualifiers which takes my energy. "
Last edited by Srednjaci on Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:36 pm

Processing
Somebody must have expected Joey K to be a mind reader, for one morning he was tasked with drafting an incident response note, without having any information about the details of the incident. And on his thirtieth birthday, no less.

Grey shades of bureaucracy took on a very literal meaning when you walked the halls of the Foreign Office. Because it was all shades of grey, literally. That morning Joey K found a note in his small office. "The Baggie Incident – please advise on proper response. Form: note. Swiftly", it said. It was rather unclear who was making the request, and Joey knew little of any incident, besides vague rumors about something involving a distinguished guest from Baggieland. So Joey K went to ask his boss. It was always a trial finding your way around the big building, and sometimes you got lost on even the simplest route; often one you’d trodden a hundred times before.

The Director’s office was empty, apart from an old man mopping the floor. Joey K asked him if he knew the whereabouts of the office’s master. The old man took a long time to rinse out his mop in a bucket of filthy water before he answered. Finally he told Joey that the Director had told him to tell Joey that he should wait for instructions.

Joey must’ve taken a wrong turn somewhere, because on the route that he thought would lead him back to his office he had suddenly arrived at the Department of Non-Aligned Diplomacy. Which was strange, because Joey was fairly certain that they resided two floors up from his own Department of Diplomatic Friendships. Even more strange was that he met Roger Ulvheim, the Assistant Director of the DDF, by the coffee machine. Ulvheim scolded Joey with his eyes, quickly drew him aside and asked what Joey was doing down here loitering, when the instructions had been quite clear, and the incident required immediate attention. Before Joey had time to respond or get details about the incident, Ulvheim asked if he had liaised with the Task Force. Before Joey could explain that he wasn’t aware of any Task Force, Ulvheim cut him off again and said coordination was vital, and that the window of opportunity shrinking. He then quickly left.

Joey made his way to the elevator, where he met the old man again. He asked Joey why he wasn’t down in B35, seeing as the Task Force meeting began over 20 minutes ago. Joey asked if he knew anything about the incident. The man shrugged and mumbled something about there being a time and place for everything.

He had to consult another member of the janitorial staff at the ground level to get a location for B35. Surprisingly it was in the attic. He had to look around long and hard to find to the way to meeting room B35, and in the end he had to crawl up a shifty ladder to get in. When he got there it was empty, and no real sign of any meeting having taken place.

When he finally got back to his office over an hour later, Ulvheim was waiting for him. He told Joey the Director wasn’t much pleased with Joey’s Incident response note, feeling like it lacked a fundamental grasp of the situation. There’d be consequences, he said before leaving.

Joey K sat down, tired and bewildered.

San Ortelio
Envoy

Founded: Nov 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby San Ortelio » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:22 pm

Fiorenzo Tartoni didn’t need a lot of time to find the other Ortelians as he walked into the lobby of the Hotel Alameda. First of all because he could have foretold that they would hang out near the bar, secondly because of the boisterous laughter that came from their corner and thirdly because of the hideous light-blue tracksuits. He detested those things himself and made a point out of wearing them only when strictly and formally required but these bums would wear everything they got for free – he feared they might sleep in it. Even Andrea Vergnani, whom he would almost consider a friend, couldn’t resist the temptation to walk around like a marketing add for the SOTA.

He was not always as fond about these gatherings – at least, part of him wasn’t. Fiorenzo saw tennis as an individual sport by all accounts, he would never call these clowns his teammates. But getting into the routine of living in your suitcase, it was nice to chat a bit of Ortelian at the end of a long, stressful day. So with the effort of two hard-fought victories still residing in his body, he had decided to come down for a drink. One drink. Tartoni nearly regretted it at once but Andrea had spotted him and waved him over. They looked like the setup for a comedy show, with Andrea and Massimo Recinella clapping one another’s shoulders in between bursts of laughter and a saddened Luciano Crepaldi, who mopingly tried to swallow down some sickeningly healthy juice but mainly nibbled on his straw.

“A scotch, on the rocks,” Tartoni waved to the barmaid, a little wink to attitude of Crepaldi. In the right doses, it didn’t kill you. With an elegant jump, he placed himself on the fourth lounge chair, despite the coat hanging over it. It was probably Oscar’s but even his own brother wouldn’t mind that someone nabbed his spot. Sometimes Fiorenzo felt sorry for Oscar Recinella, but as long as he would just shuffle around for a fifth chair instead of asking his spot back, he didn’t feel sorry enough to not take his seat.

“What are you maniacs all laughing about?” Fiorenzo inquired as he thanked the bar lady for his drink. Yeah, that’s right, he inquired, didn’t ask – that’s just the timbre of his voice.
“So our good friend Luciano here,” Massimo tried to catch his breath, “battled his way past Batera Siwara.”
“And in the doubles,” Fiorenzo remarked, “they were lower ranked but still. Good job.”

Fiorenzo didn’t want to diminish the performance from Crepaldi and his Cenian teammate, but believed it was good to keep the compliments limited.

“So he walks in here, with the broadest of grins,” Andrea took over, as Massimo couldn’t stop chuckling, “all like, I’m feeling good, I can go far in this tournament! and… and…”

Another burst of laughter, whilst Crepaldi sinks a bit deeper into his chair.

“And then he asks,” Massimo concludes, “I wonder who I’m up against and he’s got to play Adrian Putra!”

He exclaims it as if it’s the pointe of the joke with the smelly dog.

“The number one of the world, in fact, now Giannapolous retired and Sabanero left the Tour,” Tartoni speaks, calmly and composed.
“How funny is that?” Andrea grins.
“And you’re up against one another,” Tartoni continues in the same voice, ignoring the remark from Andrea, “because the winner of your duel takes on the first seed as well.”

Fiorenzo scratches the back of his head – he’s seen enough.

“In short, you should hope that Luciano has an impeccable day tomorrow because he’s got a better shot against Adrian Putra than you two clowns together.”

In a sobering silence, Fiorenzo downs his drink, rises and parts in the direction from which he came about a minute ago.

“Well, nice bonding, guys. Good luck all tomorrow,” he proclaims on the way out.

He just turned around the corner when Oscar Recinella returns from the toilet. “What’s with the glum faces, guys? And what are you laughing about, Luciano?”
San Ortelio, your favorite pseudo-Italian, coastal microstate. Less than half a million inhabitants who stand for a rich culture, are governed
by an delicate yet marvellously balanced system and remain economically viable due to fishing and funky tax laws.
But enough about us. Come vai?

We're no international threat, so have our domestic thread.
Definitely check the invitation box in the OP if you want to get involved.

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:22 pm

Cutoff!

Singles — Round 2
Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU)     3   6  10
Luciano Crepaldi (SOR) 6 4 8

Andrea Vergnani (SOR) 2 2

Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 4 6 6
Eva Sarvan (ACS) 6 3 2

Carmichael Brown (ETM) 4 4
Ivan Štimac (SRE) 6 6

Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU) 2 6 5
Martha McNeil (GRU) 6 3 7

Lucas Parvash (ACS) 3 5
John Ivanisevic (BGG) 6 7

Fiorenzo Tartoni (SOR) 6 2 6
Johmer Vales (CEN) 1 6 1

Jeff Rogers (GRU) 6 3 8
Ilonka Plevnik (DOT) 2 6 6

Lonus Varalin (CEN) 6 4 6
Hemat Darwisa (ERM) 1 6 4

Margie Brown (GRU) 1 6 6
Fredrik Stagnelius (PUG) 6 1 1

Andrew Simmons (ETM) 7 7
Janet Riley (ETM) 6 6

Syamim Kevin (SHT) 6 6
Sekar Laut (ERM) 1 4

Ardil Navsal (CEN) 6 6
Wita Tobelaro (SDG) 4 3

Shinji Makauchi (TJU) 6 6
Valery Ushakov (WSN) 4 4

Valentina Spetsova (TJU) 6 3 2
Dorotea Granit (PUG) 3 6 6

Tena Špiričić (SRE) 7 2 2
Georg Heraklit (PUG) 5 6 6

Doubles — Round 2
Spencer Kohnhead/Marcus Hathwar (KHD/ETM)     6   6
Ektaa Ambekar/Dhrivika Kanvinde (PRT) 2 0

Ana Radkkar/Eva Radkkar (ACS) 4 6 4
Jan Turovets/Vitaly Rakov (WSN) 6 1 6

Elia Xal/Fia Xal (CEN) 6 6
Alexandra Barna/Albert Taussig (GGY) 4 4

Eka Putrawan/Dwi Ratmadi (PCU) 5 2
Mekar Laut/Sekar Laut (ERM) 7 6

Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (ETM) 6 6
Anabella Barrio/Carito Ramo (HSP) 0 2

Miguel Taberon/Pedro Arrachar (ACS) 7 2 2
Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE) 5 6 6

Riley Dovatin/Melissa Turnface (KHD) 6 7 6
Vanessza Pataki/Marvin Weinwurm (GGY) 7 6 4

Bradley Kohnface/Erin Maldry (KHD) 2 6 7
Izzat Manson/George Fakhrul (SHT) 6 2 5

Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (ETM/CEN) 6 6
Eka Mulyana/Elfa Mulyana (SDG) 3 2

Komang Antari/Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 7 6 6
Amara Charles/Rivera Bassett (BUC) 5 7 3

Lucas Magnier/Adelinde Günther (RCN) 6 6 2
Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) 7 3 6

Evgeny Kondratenko/Oleg Vlasov (WSN) 3 7 2
Anthony Kawasaki/Jack Ho (ETM) 6 6 6

Camille Fournier/Inés Fournier (RCN) 7 3 2
Arne Oxwald/Goran McEnroe (PUG/BGG) 6 6 6

Kim Li Bo/Mei Li Bo (TJU) 0 5
Fiorenzo Tartoni/Andrea Vergnani (SOR) 6 7

Martha McNeil/Jeff Rogers (GRU) 3 6 3
Katina Gallion/Madeleine Quinn (LIS) 6 1 6

Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (CEN) 6 7
Athos Smiecikoski/Gareth Teiss (LIS) 1 6
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:26 am

Dorotea Granit’s diary - 25.04.21

Dear diary. Just woke up. My entire body is sore. Rough game yesterday. Very pleased with beating Spetsova. She’s ranked at 7. Good scalp.

Dear diary. So wrapped up in my own game, and so tired afterwards, that I didn’t realize Heraklit pulled through as well. We’re facing off in the next round. I’ve never lost to him before, and I don’t intend to start now. The natural order of things will be restored when I kick his ass.

Dear diary. Back from training. Uneasy feeling. Clay is the home turf for that southron Heraklit. His cursed topspin is going to be a nightmare. Not good.

Dear diary. Got around to asking Oxwald about the angry Baggie and what happened in Port Kejm. He just showed me an apple and said ‘Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar eats you’. Unclear if he was referring to alcoholism, the Jungian model of the psyche or some more general platitude about life’s fluctuations. Oxwald has gotten weird. I blame his association with the angry Baggie.

Dear diary. Saw the angry Baggie at lunch. He was eating lasagna with a spoon. So uncouth.

Waisnor
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Waisnor » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:40 am

Two made it, one didn't

Second round of Antillia Masters bringed mixed results for Waisnorian representatives - only remaining single suffered a defeat, and only remaining doubles continued their fight:

Shinji Makauchi (TJU)            6   6
Valery Ushakov (WSN) 4 4

Valeru Ushakov met with Shinji Makauchi from TJUN-ia in the second round and from very beginning this battle was pretty tense - both players had many moments and many of them were realised. But near the end, Ushakov seemed to lost his energy a bit and Makauchi quickly took advantage of such situation - he managed to defeat Valery with a score of 6-4. In the second set, this fierce battle continued as it began - with many intriguing moments from both players. But this time, Valery began to wear out even earlier, somewhere in the middle of the set. And again, Shinji wasn't feeling merciful this day - he took his change to win the game and used it, winning in the second set with a score of 6-4 and knocking out Ushakov from the tournament.

Ana Radkkar/Eva Radkkar (ACS)                 4   6   4
Jan Turovets/Vitaly Rakov (WSN) 6 1 6

Jau Turovets and Vitaly Rakov met with Ana and Eva Radkkar from Acastanha. This meeting started pretty similar to battle between Makauchi and Ushakov - both couples were pretty equal in their play, but not like in previous game, Waisnorian players were victorios in the first set - Turovets and Rakov won with a score of 6-4. Although after this Ana and Eva quickly managed to turn sides in this match and in the second set they were dominating over their Waisnorian rivals, winning it with a score of 6-1. In the third set, Jan and Vitaly managed to regain their leadership in this match, taking advantage of the mistakes that Ana and Eva made, although Radkkars still could give some troubles to them. In their final blow to players to Acastanha, Turovets and Rakov managed to win over Radkkars with a score of 6-4 and advance further in the tournament.
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31
83 = 27th/41
84 = 15th/27
85 = 20th/28
86 = 14th/32
87 = 14th/36
88 = 24th/32
89 = 16th/37
90 = 8th/35
91 = 9th/30
92 = 8th/29
93 = 4th/25
94 = 14th/28
95 = 15th/27
96 = 8th/34
97 = 6th/25
98 = 23rd/31
99 = 6th/38
100 = 12th/51
101 = 24th/32
102 = 10th/30
103 = 2nd/26
104 = 11th/26
105 = 6th/31
106 = 5th/25
107 = 21st/37
108 = 9th/32
109 = 11th/21
110 = 14th/27
111 = 5th/29
112 = 7th/25

51 = 10th/20
52 = 19th/24
53 = 11th in the semifinal/33

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:05 pm

ANTILLIA MASTERS

IT'S TENNIS TIME !
by
IVAN JURLINA

Ivan Štimac in singles and Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović in double quarterfinals. Can I get to those positions? We will get the answers later.

The sports and tennis public is shaken by a big scandal. 12 people were arrested in a big police action "game, set and match"! Unofficially, we find out that Bojana Španović was among those arrested! Španović was Teni Špiričić's partner in doubles. Španović and Špiričić last participated in Astello International. After that tournament, they no longer appeared together nor registered ANTILLIA MASTERS. The official announcement is that Španović is off the field due to a minor injury. However, the police investigation clearly showed something else. The news has not yet been confirmed, nor do we know what is being charged against those arrested.
Let's look at the inspector general's statement.

"We would like to inform you that the police action of the game, set and match has been successfully completed
Twelve people were arrested during the operation. The arrested are charged with trading in influence in order to gain material and monetary benefits, non-payment of taxes and favoritism. Weapons they owned illegally were also found in two people. We cannot reveal the identity of the detainee for now due to the duration of the action. "

We will try to report to you regularly. We will try to get the latest information. Information has just arrived that it has been confirmed that Vedran Rokić, the owner of casinos and hotels, is among those arrested. And the second confirmed is Alexander Korelev, the father and former coach and manager of tennis player Alina Koreleva.

Soon ours will be on the field, so we are joining the ANTILLIA MASTERS fields.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:43 pm

Centralis Herald - Sports Section - Luke Zhang

Simmons shows his experience in key points to narrowly defeat Riley

Andrew Simmons, Electrum's number one player, showed true grit by winning the match in two tiebreak sets to defeat fellow Electrumite Janet Riley 7-6(2) 7-6(10).

Simmons must perform well in this tournament if he wants to stay within touching distance of the top eight, his poor form over the previous grass and hard court seasons have hampered his points accumulation lately. Even though he made it to the tour finals last time off the back of his stunning clay court season run, it remains to be seen whether he can replicate that this time round. At this tournament, he is defending a massive 650 points from the Championnats. Realistically, if he doesn't want to lose ground against the other top-eight players, he will need to match his performance (to gain an increased 700 points) or win the tournament altogether. A tall order given the presence of many top players like Adrian Putra and Varalin.

The dirtballer was in trouble early on in both sets, conceding breaks on uncharacteristically poor service games. His serve was not helped by the gusty conditions and often he was hitting the ball with the wind, meaning he missed the lines several times. However, his relentless commitment to his topspin heavy forehand and his great movement on the clay (including many slides where he was at full stretch) allowed him to pull those early breaks back from Riley.

To Riley's credit, she tried to play an unconventional game to counter Simmons' natural clay court advantage. She utilised the backhand slice to remove pace and then moved backwards to get more time on the Simmons serve. But the return of Simmons serve was her Achilles heal. Time and time again, she would be drawn out wide by the Simmons serve, only for Simmons to crush the forehand on the return -- Riley had no chance running to the other side of the court to return.

In the first tiebreak, Simmons carried all of the momentum. He finally broke back in the previous game from Riley's initial early break and then went up 5-0 in the tiebreak, capping off a run of ten consecutive points. Riley did manage to take off a minibreak to make it 5-1 thanks to a Simmons double fault, but it was too little, too late for her to turn around the first tiebreak.

The second tiebreak however, was a lot closer. In fact, it was one of the longest tiebreaks the two have ever had, featuring twenty-two points and the long grinding rallies that the clay court is known for. Simmons, being a clay court specialist, tried to grind out the points, and led on the rallies over 9 shots. For him, it was waiting for Riley to make the error, whether it was a short ball or an unforced error. Riley, meanwhile, tried to shorten the points as much as possible with early winners. She cunningly changed her tactics to see off the drawn-out-wide-forehand combo that Simmons was using by adjusting her position to move closer towards the alley, forcing Simmons to go for his unfavoured T serve. In the end, Simmons just edged out Riley in the second tiebreak to move on to the next stage of the competition.

WIth that victory, Simmons moves a step closer to his goal of matching a finals run in last year's Championnats with a third round matchup against Sharktail's Syamim Kevin. Kevin is also a clay court specialist so this matchup is promising to be a tantalising story of two parallels. Both players are about to or are defending points in the clay season, and it is pivotal that the two players accumulate as many points as possible in their specialist season before the world turns to grass.

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:00 pm

Disappointing Result for Fournier Siblings

Camille and Inès Fournier, brother and sister, are Reçueçn's most successful tennis athletes on the international stage. But here in Antilles, they are going home early.

An underwhelming second-round exit will find them and their fans taking a couple days to deal with their disappointment, then moving and setting their sights on the next big tournament: the Hamilton International. The Reçuecian competitors are of course naturally most focused on the Beçonailles tournament looming at the end of the clay swing, but first they need to prove that they deserve to be there. Unfortunate performances like the one here in Antilles do not serve to prepare them as they ready themselves for their goal.

Our other athletes have not fared any better. Tennis prodigy and fan favorite Abelie Fontana has been eliminated, as has Reçuecian star Gaëlle Sellier. Le Floch and Leloup lost 6-4, 6-1 and 6-2, 6-2. Magnier and Günther lost 6-7, 6-3, 2-6.

The only thing we can say is that hopefully they'll do better next time.
rəswɛsən

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:11 pm

Who will reach the quarterfinals? We'll find out shortly!

Singles — Round 3
Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU)     6   2   6
Massimo Recinella (SOR) 1 6 3

Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 5 3
Ivan Štimac (SRE) 7 6

Martha McNeil (GRU) 3 3
John Ivanisevic (BGG) 6 6

Jeff Rogers (GRU) 1 4

Lonus Varalin (CEN) 3 6 7
Margie Brown (GRU) 6 4 5

Andrew Simmons (ETM) 6 7 6
Syamim Kevin (SHT) 7 5 1

Ardil Navsal (CEN) 6 7
Shinji Makauchi (TJU) 3 5

Dorotea Granit (PUG) 4 5
Georg Heraklit (PUG) 6 7

Doubles — Round 3
Spencer Kohnhead/Marcus Hathwar (KHD/ETM)     6   6
Jan Turovets/Vitaly Rakov (WSN) 2 0

Elia Xal/Fia Xal (CEN) 6 7
Mekar Laut/Sekar Laut (ERM) 3 6

Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (ETM) 6 4 2
Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE) 3 6 6

Riley Dovatin/Melissa Turnface (KHD) 6 6
Bradley Kohnface/Erin Maldry (KHD) 3 2

Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (ETM/CEN) 7 6
Komang Antari/Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 5 3

Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) 7 6
Anthony Kawasaki/Jack Ho (ETM) 6 3

Arne Oxwald/Goran McEnroe (PUG/BGG) 4 6 6
Fiorenzo Tartoni/Andrea Vergnani (SOR) 6 2 3

Katina Gallion/Madeleine Quinn (LIS) 6 4 3
Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (CEN) 3 6 6
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:38 am

True colors

Arne Oxwald was having a great time in Antillia. Even though playing on clay had never been his strong suit, his game was strong. It was traditionally in the southern parts of Gnejs that clay was the preferred type of court. Of course they had clay courts along the east coast as well, but hard court and grass had always been the most popular ones.

These warm spring days in San Ortelio and Costa de Ouro though. There was definitely a certain something about playing on clay in the clay’s proper element. He almost felt like the amalgamation of the clay and the surroundings eased his pathway into the flow of the One Ball. Or maybe he was just more in tune now, his connection accentuated in general, and therefore his game was improving; clay or grass a matter of complete indifference. Zarathustra Hansen would probably know, but Arne had been trying to keep him at a distance while he was working some things out. Thankfully the man with the antlered hat was not present in Costa de Ouro. The annual assembly in his covenant was taking place back in the Gnejs, so Arne had been given a welcome pause from his insistence on breaking ties with the GTF.

He had decided to let those close to him know first, before he actually did the deed and left the Elite Program at Port Kejm TK. He had been contemplating telling his double partner McEnroe, but quickly came to the conclusion that he wouldn’t care either way. It could potentially affect them as a team though, because if Arne left PKTK that’d mean the end of them training together in the main compound on McEnroe’s official visits to the Union. Then again, after that incident, doubles training in Port Kejm was kind of in the air anyways.

His two closest friends amongst the other Gnejsian players would be the first ones, he’d decided. Augusta wasn’t in Costa de Ouro though, being outside the top 4 and not playing doubles. So she’d have to wait until he was back home in Port Kejm. Georg, on the other hand, was there. Playing on his preferred clay, his friend had been excelling, even beating Dorotea in his last game. Arne had been watching, and Georg’s game had really improved greatly during the last year. Dorotea Granit had not looked pleased after that last point. ‘If looks could kill’, Arne had thought to himself. Luckily, they can’t, and Georg was very much alive when Arne meet him at a cafe overlooking the Pálacio do Rei.

He was unsure what to say, so he ended up not saying much at all. His friend complimented him on his performance and talked a bit about his game against Granit. Arne mostly just nodded and interjected a word here or there. After sitting in silence for a few minutes, Heraklit asked him directly

“What’s up, Arne. Really?”

Arne inhaled and exhaled deeply. Downed the rest of his pint and answered.

“You know I’ve been spending some time with Falk lately?”

“Sure.”

“Well..”

“Come on, just say it.”

“What?”

“You’re joining that cult thing of his.”

Heraklit laughed at Arne’s insulted face and signaled the waiter for a new round.

“It’s not a cult...”

“I know it’s not a cult; I’m just kidding. Lighten up. But you’re doing his thing right? Flow, the One Ball, all of that stuff.”

Arne nodded and blushed. After the waiter brought them new glasses, he continued

“So, what do you think about that?”

Heraklit took a big gulp of his beer and smacked his lips.

“Whatever works for you, Arne. Your game is great these days man, so just do what feels right.”

“So you’re not going to start treating me like some pariah?”

Heraklit laughed again.

“No. Because I’m your friend. And look, the main reason people keep some distance to Falk is because he smells funky, ok? So as long as you don’t stop showering, I think you’ll be alright.”

“I’m quitting the Elite Program.”

“Good for you.”

“It’s gonna cause drama.”

“A little drama never killed anyone.”

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:25 pm

ANTILLIA MASTERS

IT'S TENNIS TIME !
by
IVAN JURLINA

BOJANA ŠPANOVIĆ ARRESTED IN POLICE ACTION

IVAN JURLINA : It was finally confirmed today that tennis player Bojana Španović was among those arrested in the police action "Game, Set, Match".
This is a terrible blow for the middle man's tennis. Bojana Španović was a tennis partner in the doubles game Teni Špiričić. After Astelo International where they last performed together, they did not sign up for Antilia International. The official explanation is the injury of Bojana Španović, but it is obviously something much more sinister. In addition to Španović, the investigation established that two other people were involved in the scandal and were brought before an investigating judge. Unofficially, he is the general secretary of the tennis association and a former freestyle wrestler.
Let us listen to the words of the Chief Inspector of this action.

"The investigation has established that two more persons are involved in criminal offenses. Two male persons, H.M. and D.F., have been brought to investigating judge and are likely to be ordered into pre-trial detention for fear of influencing on witnesses."

REPORER: Dijana Nižić, Katanija Daily. Can you confirm whether Bojana Španović was among those arrested?

"Bojana Španović has been brought before an investigating judge. She is currently in pre-trial detention. For now, she is charged with match-fixing, gaining influence and tax evasion."

REPORTER: Domagoj Julajić, Index. Who are the new suspects?

"Due to proving the charge and questioning witnesses, we cannot reveal the identities of the new suspects in the investigation at this time."

These are the words of the Chief Inspector of Action. Because of all these dramas, the results of our tennis players have undeservedly fallen into the background.

Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU)       5   3
Ivan Štimac (SRE) 7 6

Ivan Štimac advanced to the new quarterfinals. After Astelo International, Štimac managed to enter the quarterfinals at the Antillia Masters. Štimac opened the match well, quickly created several opportunities for a break but failed to take the service away from his opponent. At 5: 5, Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi of Pamecutan served for a 6: 5 lead. Ivan Štimac gets three break points and uses the first one immediately. He now has a 6: 5 advantage and serves for the set. However with two great returns Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi comes to 0:30. Štimac cannot be destabilized. With great first serves, he gain an advantage over hes opponent and come to 40:30, and then with the serve he come to 7: 5. In the second set, he immediately takes the service to the opponent. Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi was aware of a missed opportunity in the first set and that threw her out of rhythm. With a score of 5: 3 for Ivan Štimac, Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi serves to equallize to 5: 4. But Štimac reacted great again and came to the set and the match.

"I played well and solidly. I played as much as I needed to win. Maybe I could have finished earlier but the opponent didn't give up easily. He fought for every ball which made it a little difficult for me. I'm in a good rhythm, I work great with my team. "

REPORTER : Dewa Putu Adrian Putra is your next opponent. What you expect of that match ?

"I expect a good game and a great match. I know Dewa Putu Adrian Putra is the favorite in the match but I also have some ace up my sleeve. After all, even if I win, trust me, it won't be a surprise because I feel great."

Sonya Gredello/Rosa Levinsky (ETM)            6   4   2
Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE) 3 6 6

Leonid Farkas and Goran Ibrahimovic reached their eighth victory in a row and the quarterfinals at the Antilia Masters. The boys played quite absentmindly in the first set. Right at the beginning, Farkaš lost his serve and Sonya Gredello / Rosa Levinsky from Electrum quickly went to 2: 0. Then at the end of the set, Farkaš lost his serve again and it was 6: 3 for a double from Electrum. However, in the remaining two sets, our players enter the match much firmer, faster and stronger. They win the remaining two sets and thus the match.

Unfortunately, Farkaš and Ibrahimović did not give us statements. They are still not talking to the media and are focused on getting here as far as possible.

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:17 pm

From eight to four — here is your quarterfinal cutoff!

Singles — Quarterfinals
Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU)     3   6   4
Ivan Štimac (SRE) 6 4 6

John Ivanisevic (BGG) 3 3

Lonus Varalin (CEN) 2 6
Andrew Simmons (ETM) 6 7

Ardil Navsal (CEN) 7 5 3
Georg Heraklit (PUG) 6 7 6

Doubles — Quarterfinals
Spencer Kohnhead/Marcus Hathwar (KHD/ETM)     7   6   5
Elia Xal/Fia Xal (CEN) 6 7 7

Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE) 6 6
Riley Dovatin/Melissa Turnface (KHD) 2 4

Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (ETM/CEN) 6 6 6
Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) 7 0 4

Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (CEN) 1 2
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Srednjaci
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Srednjaci » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:45 am

ANTILLIA MASTERS

IT'S TENNIS TIME !
by
IVAN JURLINA

IVAN ŠTIMAC AND DOBLE PAIR IN THE SEMIFINALS !!

IVAN JURLINA : always in the shadow of the scandal that shakes our tennis remain the results of our tennis players. We will change that policy. Today, the results of our great players come to the fore. Oh how successful that for our tennis. Ivan Štimac defeated the third player in the world and the first seed at the Antillia Masters and entered the semifinals. Leonid Farkas and Goran Ibrahimovic did the same.
What a tournament this is for Srednjacian's tennis. First just before the start of the tournament, the engagement of our tennis players that resonated in the world of sports and tennis in general. Then there is the ugly story and the police action "Game, Set and Match". We were left very early without Bagarić, Ivanković and Špiričić, but those who stayed, can reach the end, they can even reach the title.

Dewa Putu Adrian Putra (PCU)     3   6   4
Ivan Štimac (SRE) 6 4 6

Ivan Štimac throughout this tournament, but also the last tournament, says that he has changed the team of people around him and emphasizes that they worked great. It all shows its results. Ivan Štimac played the best match we have ever seen him play. This young tennis player broke through from number four in Srednjaci to number one. He will be the best placed tennis player from our country in the world rankings. Sixth victory in a row for Štimac. Ivan came out in the match against Dewa Putu Adrian Putra very determined and ready. Immediately during the first rallys, it was obvious that Ivan was more dominant and stronger. It didn't take long for him to go 3-0! By the end of Dewa Putu Adrian Putra from Pamecutan failed to threaten and return the lost serve. Ivan Štimac had a few more chances to increase the difference but failed to take advantage of the other four break opportunities. The first set went to Štimac with 6: 3! In the second set, Štimac again in opportunities but fails to realize any. The penalty comes with a 5: 4 score for Dewa Putu Adrian Putra. Štimac serves to equalize 5: 5 but Dewa Putu Adrian Putra reacts great and with a few great returns destabilizes Štimac on the serve. After thirteen duce's, Dewa Putu Adrian Putra comes to the break and thus concludes the set with 6: 4! Štimac is aware of the missed opportunities in the second set. He tries to cool his head so that he can get the best out of himself, which is mental stability. The third set opens with Dewa Putu Adrian Putra with his serve. He had a 40:15 lead to conclude a 1-0 lead. However, Ivan Štimac scored with a great backhand diagonal and then Dewa Putu Adrian Putra made a double service error and the result was 40:40. After nine played deuces's, Ivan Štimac finally gets a break opportunity which he uses with a great smash. Štimac has a break advantage, a 1-0 lead in the third set. He did not lose that lead until the end and concluded the set and the match with 6: 4.

"Playing against an opponent like Dewa Putu Adrian Putra is always a great honor. I managed to stay consistent with my game, my mental and physical preparation. I feel really great and powerful. It's a great week behind me and I hope it's even better and in front of me. I see that all the effort and work is worthwhile and that I am taking a big step forward. This victory gives me even more self-confidence. "

REPORTER : Your next opponent is Fiorenzo Tartoni. What do you know about the opponent and what do you expect from the match?

"A great player, he is the winner of the Ceni Slam tournament. He plays great on clay courts as well as hard courts. It will be a very good match I believe. If I keep my mental and physical stability, I believe in winning."

Leonid Farkaš/Goran Ibrahimović (SRE)         6   6
Riley Dovatin/Melissa Turnface (KHD) 2 4

Leonid Farkaš and Goran Ibrahimović finally played their real convincing match. For the first time in the tournament, guys did not lose their serve. Against Riley Dovatin and Melissa Turnface of Kohnhead the boys played convincingly and dominantly. They played their recognizable fast game. Although we haven't had a chance to see them in the right light so far in the tournament,but today they didn't leave anything to chance in the quarterfinals. This is their ninth consecutive victory, including five victories at Astello International, which they won. Already in the first set, they twice took the service away from their opponents and concluded the set with 6: 2. In the second set, they had several opportunities to take the serve away, but they didn't use it until the very end when they came to the match ball with a break, which they realized.

Ardil Navsal and Lonus Varalin from Ceni dropped out of the further competition. Georg Heraklit of Gnejs came away with a win against Navsal and Varalin was knocked out of Andrew Simons ofElectrum.

John Ivanisevic (BGG)            3   3

Lonus Varalin (CEN) 2 6
Andrew Simmons (ETM) 6 7

Ardil Navsal (CEN) 7 5 3
Georg Heraklit (PUG) 6 7 6

DOUBLES

Spencer Kohnhead/Marcus Hathwar (KHD/ETM)     7   6   5
Elia Xal/Fia Xal (CEN) 6 7 7

Sara Zhuo/Gyrachor Rentos (ETM/CEN) 6 6 6
Val Korekal/Luciano Crepaldi (CEN/SOR) 7 0 4

Coosal Darlcheri/Perger Rianor (CEN) 1 2

INDICTMENT ISSUED AGAINST FIFTEEN ARRESTED !!

Ivan Jurlina : And now the ugly part of the sport. This morning, a judge of the Municipal Court in Katanija, filed indictments against fifteen detainees in the police operation "Game, Set and Match". They are charged with trading in influence with the aim of gaining financial property, setting up matches, tax evasion and association in a criminal organization. The State Attorney's Office reported that over 200 witnesses would be called for an interview and that this was the biggest sports scandal in the history of Srednjaci. It should be reminded that several tennis officials are in detention, including tennis player Bojana Španović. Pre-trial detention has now turned into pre-trial jaill. All defendants will be transferred to municipal prisons today.

We will try to talk to Tena Špiričić about this, even though she does not answer our calls. Tena is currently inaccessible to the media as well as the very top leadership of the Tennis Association.

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:05 am

Leader of the Pack

Werner Naess sat in his office rubbing his temples. The events of the first half of the clay season had left him with a feeling of unsureness. On the one hand, it had of course been a great success. Stagnelius winning in San Ortelio was monumental. The first Gnejsian title since the mid-80's was no doubt a rapturous event, and he would let no one forget it happened under his watch. Then again, he had always envisioned that first title to be won by someone from the young generation, one of the Academy Brats in his Elite Program, like Dorotea Granit.

True, Stagnelius had been a part of the Elite Program at Hagen TK in the western region for years, but he was a bit old, hadn't been "born and raised" in an Academy of Excellence and nobody really grouped him with the Academy Brats. The same thing went for Heraklit and his achievements in Costa de Ouro. Phenomenal, of course, but not without a bitter aftertaste. Heraklit had played with the Elite Program in the south as well, but his insistence on not relinquishing membership in his old club had prevented him from entering officially. When he finally had showed interest, Werner's assessors in the south had deemed his progress insufficient. True, he wasn’t playing like he did now back then, but that rejection probably said more about petty grievances down in the south than it did about Heraklit's abilities. And now, it was too late. That stubborn man had not taken rejection well, and he was sure to keep away from any affiliation with either the Vika Elite Program or the Port Kejm Program anytime soon.

How fortunate then, that the trustworthy and loyal Arne Oxwald was showing such dexterity in his partnership with the Baggie McEnroe. Yes, Oxwald had risen up the last months, and was becoming Werner's nugget; a testament to the Elite Program. Until now. Werner had just gotten off the phone with him, and he had told him that he was leaving the Elite Program, and Port Kejm TK. Instead, he would be playing for some small club up north. A nowhere-place you'd have trouble finding on the map, somewhere along the coast way east of Segeltorp. Tangeus Falk's club. Werner felt shellshocked. That shifty shaman had waved his wand and conjured one of the most promising players away from right under his nose.

He had convinced Oxwald not to break the news officially until after the Antillia Masters was over. That gave him some time. Time to think about how he could spin this. As he was mulling it all over in his head, his secretary Mikkel stuck his head in.

"You have a visitor, sir."

"Who? I'm busy!"

"It's Gertrude Molineux, sir."

"The MP?"

"Yes."

"Eh, well, ok. Yeah, you better let her in then."

Werner straightened his tie and tried to groom what hair he had left. Gertrude Molineux walked in and nodded to him. The Member of Parliament had become something of a celebrity over the last few weeks, after her campaign to have the Rock of Friendship retracted from Baggieland was gaining traction in the media. The very idea was still unthinkable to most, but many people seemed captivated by her tenacity.

Molineux sat down and looked straight into Werner's eyes.

"Your boy Oxwald is cutting ties with the GTF."

Werner's widened.

"How did you know? I just found out.."

"I have my ways. And I have a proposition on how to deal with it."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we have a common problem, you and I. Baggieland."

"I'm not following…"

"It's the bad influence of that brute McEnroe that has twisted Oxwald all around, making bad decisions."

"No, that's not right. It's actually that damned Zarath..."

Molineux cut Werner off mid-sentence, and said

"No, it's the Baggie. Because that is how you're going to bury this, and not letting it come back on you. Tensions are already high, I've made sure of that, and after that infamous incident, people are on the verge of coming around to my point of view."

"But, that 'incident' has really been blown way out of proportion, all he did was just…"

Molineux cut him off again.

"Who cares what he really did, the fewer that knows the better. It lets people's imagination do the work for us."

"What work?"

Molineux smiled.

"If people are angry at Baggieland for leading a promising star astray – and not just any star, but the Prime Minister's son – the fact that you've lost him to a delusional shaman won't bite you as hard. Because it's not your fault, it's the Baggies fault."

The penny dropped, and Werner started smiling.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Postby Electrum » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:42 am

Centralis Herald - Sports Section - Luke Zhang

The turning point of Electrumite doubles tennis: Season 6's Ethanian Open

There appears to be a changing of the guards when it comes to the top players of Electrumite doubles tennis. For years, Ronya has captured the hearts and minds of Electrumites. From winning their home slam to their trio of gold medals, Ronya seemed unstoppable other than the times they would meet their rivals, the Xal sisters. But without question they were indisputably the top Electrumite doubles pairing. Indeed, the only other Electrumite pair that achieved notable success was Samuel Gates and Greg Meares, who were only consistent in being inconsistent.

But that has started to change. It all started at the Ethanian Open last year. The Electrum Lawn Tennis Association decided to rest Ronya as they just won the AOpen and there was no point for them to accumulate more points when they already qualified for the end of year finals. Meanwhile, Smith/Zhuo and Kohnhead/Hathwar were just below the threshold to reach the NSTT finals. The spot that would usually be reserved to Ronya was handed over and both teams were given a shot in making it to the NSTT finals. The team that made it the furthest would earn the right to accumulate one more chance at the points at the Ubung Open beside Ronya.

What happened next was nothing short of amazing. The two pairs seized their chance and won their respective halves, defeating stiff competition along the way. Hathwar and Kohnhead won the tournament proper in three close sets. Now the Electrum Lawn Tennis Association was in a dilemma. While they had initially promised one team a spot in Ubung, the opportunity to have three Electrumite teams in the end of season finals was too much for the ELTA. To the chargin of Ronya, they were again rested for Ubung in favour of the two upstart pairs. Hathwar and Kohnhead made it to the semis while Zhuo and Smith made it to the finals. With both pairs making two deep runs, the ELTA got what they wanted with three Electrumite pairs qualifying to the NSTT Finals.

The centralisation of athletic entries by nations can and has changed player's career fortunes. What would Sara Zhuo be doing if she wasn't allowed to play at the Ubung Open? She would have never made it to the NSTT Finals where she won one final tournament with her long-time mentor, Deanne Smith. While the ELTA were pleased that Electrumite doubles found great success in season 6, Ronya were demoralised. They had played their best, but it was their success that led to their undoing. Out of form, and missing out on two of the last three tournaments, Ronya couldn't do anything but lose to Zhuo and Smith at the end of season finals. It shows that tennis associations who give faith in their players' abilities can expect a good reward, but it is at the expense of the athletes who lose their spots. In other words, a zero-sum game.

With Zhuo now partnering up with Gyrachor Rentos in season 7, their partnership has found immediate success with wins at both the Electrum Slam and the Cenian Open. It was unthinkable two seasons ago that a pair other than Ronya or the Xal sisters would win a grand slam, but that is precisely what happened. Kohnhead and Hathwar also had some impressive performances this season, winning at Steinigestrasse, a semifinal run in Ceni and being the runners up at Centralis. The partnerships show an interesting trend in doubles tennis lately - that of the mixed pairs. The reason these teams are so successful is that the players, who have been trained in differen methods throughout the years now have a complementary and diverse skillsets and ways of thinking. The more tools you have, the easier it is to win a tennis match.

Enthusiasm for doubles partnerships have been growing with countries such as Baggieland and Gnejs even creating their own mixed team. It promises to be an exciting time with doubles partnerships being forced to change and react with the times in order to keep winning. Every day Ronya has been finding it harder and harder to stay in touch with the pack. Their poor form might want them to consider a rethink and perhaps even a break up of their iconic partnership. Only time will tell whether we see Sonya Gredello playing with one of the Xal sisters, or Rosa Levinsky playing with Valentina Spetsova.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports