NATION

PASSWORD

AOCAF LXIII - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jabal Akhdar
Attaché

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jabal Akhdar » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:08 pm

Jabal Akhdar – 0 (0)
el-Abdul; Kassis Image (59’), Karim, el-Imam Image (80’ el-Mourad Image), Zaman; Nazari, Samara, el-Moustafa Image (28’) Image (80’ al-Haque Image); Kanaan, A.B. el-Moghaddam Image (61’), el-Burki Image (57’ K.F. el-Moghaddam Image Image (88’))

Qasden – 0 (0)

Present day in Radewah, suburb of Abqaturah.

The past week had given Azzaam a new appreciation for goalless draws. Never had he thought he’d greet the most boring possible result in football with rapturous laughter. He’d been standing on the crowded sofa, jumping with his uncles as the seconds wound down and another Qasden ended in yet more frustration, yet another save from el-Abdul. He was laughing so hard that when he toppled off the couch and over the back, he just bounced up from the floor, ignoring the bruise on his elbow, and rejoined the cheering.

The Green Falcons hadn’t come particularly close to scoring against Qasden, but after losing not one but both el-Moghaddam brothers, watching the 9 brave players hang on through a final five minutes of all-out attack was worth a win. Afterwards came the customary celebrations, tea, soda. As soon as he’d finished his chores, Azzaam was shooting out to join his friends down in the lot. Abdul Baasid was in a sulky mood because the other Abdul Baasid (the real Abdul Baasid) had been sent off during the game. Raihan was, of course, already setting up the goal and announcing what was to be his magnum opus, the recreation of el-Abdul’s double save from Sexton and De La Fontaine; once the tracksuit tops had been laid out, he began arranging Haider and Muammar like pinball bumpers.

The sky was much darker tonight. Grey shrouds clung to the moon. Some shadowy figures were approaching from the horizon, though, lit by the flashes of headlights from the motorway, which continued to churn heavy with traffic whatever the strange snatches of radio news said. Marjaana had told Azzaam there was a “no fly zone in effect”, and because Marjaana was very clever, Azzaam believed her, but secretly he wondered why the government cared about birds being allowed to fly. The pigeons that old Hamza kept up on the roof of the apartment block were murmuring nervously when Azzaam went to see them. He whispered to them that he was sure they’d be able to fly again soon.

Azzaam squinted through the dark. He hoped it wasn’t the older boys come to mess up their game. But, no, they were too tall. Men, carrying sticks. One of the men was on a horse. Azzaam didn’t often get to see horses: camels and donkeys, sometimes a mangy old farm beast, but this was a powerful creature, a proper knight’s horse. And the loping limp of one of the men, holding one of the longest sticks – except no, they weren’t sticks, either, but Azzaam didn’t care. He burst past a confused Ibrahim, who was trying to repeat that ball-flick that Kassis had done against Qasden but always seemed to end up on his ass with the ball rolling away.

“Father!”

Azzaam buried himself in the midriff of the tall man, who just about shifted the rifle butt away in time so his son didn’t crash into it. He bent down a touch awkwardly and patted his head. Azzaam sniffled back tears of happiness and wiped them on the grey-green fatigues his father was wearing, before standing back and inspecting the horse that was clopping up to them. His eyes grew wide. A slender man sat on the horse, but slumped, not sitting proud like a knight. He was injured, Azzaam could tell, and trying to seem like he wasn’t, which made it hurt all the more.

“Azzaam, go and tell mother to put on water and fresh towels.” His father spoke to him like he was giving him a simple chore, but Azzaam felt urgency in the words, a tightly plucked tension in the still night.

“We were going to play football,” he protested.

There came a chuckle, so barely human it took Azzaam a moment to realize it wasn’t the horse laughing. He looked up again. The man on the horse – who was younger than Azzaam had first thought; his face was lined, but with worry and pain, not age – peered down at him with astonishingly bright blue eyes. He spoke in a very strange, deep voice, guttural sounds Azzaam didn’t understand. They frightened him a little, and he took a step back.

“He says, you can play football,” translated his father. “He is tired from travelling and watching you boys play will restore his spirits more than a hot towel.”

Azzaam cocked his head at his father. The wording was strange. May? Who was this man to be giving Azzaam permission to play football with his friends? He shrugged, squeezed another hug out of his father, and then turned and raced back towards where Raihan, who’d somehow actually managed to save a shot for once, but had used his face to do so, was trying to choose between bursting into tears and running around in celebration. The horse whickered softly as its rider stretched out his back. He gasped in pain and felt the dried blood on his bandaged flank crackle with fresh heat. But he sat watching all the same, smiling at the sight of the boys playing. It was good to see. Play, children, while you still can.

He spoke in Akhdari, this time. “My thanks for your hospitality. We’ll rest here tonight. But in the morning, we must be gone. We have work to do.”

Azzaam’s father nodded, slowly. He watched, smiling, as Azzaam lined up a long run for a penalty. Little feet pounding as he ran up, leg flailing, aiming a powerful kick, and swung his leg, and sent the ball flying towards the goal…
At the same time, in the Pearl Palace, Jabal Akhdar City.

…it bounced off the wall and away down the stairs, leaving a streak of gore behind it. The body took surprisingly long to drop, emitting one solid fountain of red before toppling over. Something in its delayed timing amused Siddeeqi Ghaazi, and he burst out laughing. Everyone else laughed, too. After all, he was (a) completely bonkers and (b) in command of the immense man-mountain who was currently wiping down a razor-sharp sword on a foul cloth. Such factors were a strong motivator. You did not want to be the one left not laughing.

Nor the one telling said maniac that it turned out his half-brother had not been on the plane at all. Certainly not within earshot of that fellow with the big sword. No, Colonel Jawaad el-Mitri decided, he was going to choose to be selective about passing on that particular piece of intelligence. It probably wouldn’t matter. The only people who supported Bassaad were the Græntfjallers, and there weren’t any of those crazy fuckers around, melting in the heat and digging under sand-dunes for traces of krakens. Bassaad was harmless.

Another member of Abdul Jabbaar’s entourage had been found. Hauled out screaming from underneath the beds. Dragged down, pissing himself as he saw what was going to happen. Hilarious stuff. Siddeeqi Ghaazi was laughing so hard snot was bubbling from his nose. Jawaad clapped his hands and joined in the laughter once more.

Independent Athletes from Quebec
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 20, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Independent Athletes from Quebec » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:28 pm

OOC: This is my first experience writing my RP with Korean dialogues, and specifically in dialect. As a native speaker of the Southeastern dialect (though a slightly different branch) of Korean language, it’s one that I didn’t feel uncomfortable writing, but am aware the nuance may not be delivered well when translated in English. So, for non-Korean speakers (basically everybody on the competition but myself and Chromatika), let’s imagine this as if a bunch of Edinburghians speaking to each other while on a funeral in, I guess, Plymouth.

The Agent

PART 3.2. - Turning Tables

The dining room on the funeral home was filled with wreaths from her friends and family, and when Pierre arrived to grab the dinner the rowdy atmosphere of a Quebecois funeral greeted him as well. The smell of east coast food, filled with local produce caught on net, were blasting at his nose.

Eating at the corner tables, hurriedly eating their supper before likely heading back to the hotel, Pierre McCarthy’s friends from Gaeseong Secondary School could notice how much Pierre had changed from his teenage days, when the greenery in him were plentiful and the leather hides far too stiff to be worn. From some distance they could all see that, even with the rain affecting the usually well-preserved conditions of his suits, Pierre’s sheer class and magic had made them think of exoticities from far and abroad that they, being uncreative minds now working as white-collared labourers, would not be able to understand.

Watching him approach, few of Pierre’s friends murmured their mumbles and buzzed like bees in an almost circular manner, which only made the silliness evident to all those around him, including the table of the deceased’s friends on the other side of the room. The sight of loudmouthed Haligonians all stuck in a funeral home of affluent Prince Eric neighbourhood funeral home was quite amusing to say the least.

So approached Pierre, whose physical absence from all the Gaeseong SS’s alumni association events had puzzled all those who knew him as a classmate, a friend and an acquaintance, with such public excitement that it immediately disarmed him. As Pierre came to them like a dream, their faces all lit up, as they greeted each other like that of a sequence from the dreamed realm, long gone in our plebeian consciousness, but never really left either.

‘정구지! 니가 은제 왔나! (Garlic chives, since when did you arrive?)’ asked Alexander Nam gracefully, giving him a hug right at the spot. ‘고향 떠나더니 니 이제 멋재이 됐네! (You’ve come back dandy and fancy)’

‘아들아, 잘 있었나? (Hello fuckers, how have y’all been doing?)’ said Pierre, trying not to keep his voice up. ‘보고 싶었다, 강냉이. 글니까 말이다. (Sure thang, you corny bastard. Really wanted to see you guys).‘

‘대면대면하다. 믿겨지지가 않네. (It does feel strange, hard to believe it so.)’ shouted Adolph Xiao, scratching his head in a manner that showed his social awkwardness, even to this day as a high-earning software engineer. ‘니 고향 떠날때 즐때로 돌아오지 않는데 캤는데 (You really said you didn’t want to come back home).’

Pierre felt his eyes becoming wearier upon the promise he had made twenty years earlier, as he fixed his glasses once more. ‘글네. 뭐 이렇게라도 돌아오리라는걸 알았으면 말 안했슬라는데...만다꼬 내가 그랬을까. (Yeah. Why did I stupidly promise myself never to come back, when I was gonna come back at least on this form).’

‘마, 글 필요읍다. (Hush. Don’t feel sorry),’ Alexander responded, telling Pierre to sit on the empty seat right opposite of his. ‘이제 고마하고 이제 뭐좀 무라. (Shut up and grab some food, it’s gonna be a long night for you, isn’t it?’

‘그래, 알겠다.’ Pierre nodded and grabbed the seat, before asking the water to grab him some Galbitang. ‘아재, 여기 탕 하나 주소!’

‘Sorry about your loss,’ Alexander said his words of condolences slowly, his closest friend of his, back in English. ‘I don’t know what to tell you. There is no other way to say it.’

‘Why bother,’ responded Pierre, trying his best to hold back his emotions. ‘She’s gone now, and all I, as a parasite, could offer the deceased’s loved ones, is my tears and mourns.’ Pierre McCarthy, being the master of handling almost every athlete he had to counsel, manage and of course help out, knew how to deal with emotions, but this time he couldn’t. Every bit of the moment he was resisting the lure of crying his eyes out to Elora’s friends, who had all known him well to this day, and Alexander was only keeping him sane at this point.

Of course, this was inevitable. There once was a time when they were the closest friends growing up in the Moryang-dong district of Halifax. They had both grown up in the same district for generations, attending the same schools for twelve years, even as they knew their lives were eventually going to change after that. Pierre wanted to move away to somewhere he would be misunderstood as a bohemian reading through past-life stories and memories, and Alexander the opposite, desiring comfort and stability through the chemical equations. Perhaps they had known that eventually Pierre, as always haunted by ghosts of his former selves and their shells, would come back.

‘Is Arabella aware of...you know?’ Alexander asked in a hoarse voice, wondering about the tennis prospect who’s currently in Gergary for a tournament. ‘That you are not back home or in Mytanija? You know, for a man who keeps his commitments steady, it’s quite unexpected of you to be here.’

‘I don’t think today’s the day to talk of such things.’ Pierre responded, as he watched his left hand shake while holding the spoon. Perhaps the Galbitang was a bit colder than he would have liked, but it’s likelier that he was feeling the shiver. He noticed that Elora’s friends, all well entrenched in their respective fields as gentry professionals and social activists, were watching him from a distance, but simply could care less.

‘Shishkin is aware I won’t be coming to Mytanija until next week, and am not in a condition to talk about such things.’

‘Yeah.’ Alexander nodded in approval, as they continued to eat. ‘I remember the days when we were all ready to move onto university. Of course, we were rather too optimistic about our outlooks and it all, but you know….the high hopes were never too bad to have.’

‘Didn’t even have the high hopes anyway.’ Pierre sighed, closing his eyes briefly before resuming to talk. ‘I wasn’t the one who missed out on the timing and failed his promposal. Of course, not that I was smart enough two years prior, with the letter I sent to her proxy of your ex.’

‘Still feeling the blues over something that she accepted your apology a year after that instance?’ asked Alexander, drinking a glass of water to clear his salty mouth. ‘Like you’ve always done, chasing cars that never slowed down, even with a daughter and whatnot.’

‘And that’s all too true. I can’t explain. And while that’s brought me glory and money, I have never really gained from them. Instead, I have come to detest my younger selves and now, it’s all late. I had so many questions to ask Elora since that time in Montreal a decade ago, but the questions mean nothing when she’s not there anymore.’

Then the time stopped. Pierre and Alexander ate for a few more minutes and then, after drawing a deep breath or two, Pierre opened his mouth again. ‘Time stood still, and now we never will get to hear what she would have said.’

All the pain, and the hollowed compartment of his heart, was evident enough for him, as they continued to reminisce about the days. 'How's the school doing these days?' Pierre casually asked, his expression a mix of casual and curiosity to hear from his perspective. 'Is the alumni association still filled with politicking, ahead of the Federal elections? That's at least what Dinah and Ye-Rang had mentioned to me over Spacebook.' He paused, trying not to place too much emphasis on the political wings - Pierre, with his personal connections to Arsene Kim, was a centre-left Parti Justice du Quebec supporter (PJQ) while Alexander, victim of right-wing propaganda from pre-purge days, had firmly stood on the Parti Quebecois (PQ).

'Well, those matter less for somebody abroad like you, but the life is the same there, from what mum and dad have mentioned.' Alexander responded, still amazed at how much of the old school life they were able to remember and keep on track for alumni. 'They will probably ask you for donations or support come this September- the footy team's doing well for once, and we'll probably need new floodlights again.'

'Hmmmm,' Pierre responded. 'I mean, you know I'm never the one to refuse suggestions. Still, I can't really do the job in-person- would rather not be idolised or despised in the school where I had been 1) accused as a stalker before, 2) was near some of our so-called friends from those days who used to childishly sprout, um, anti-semitic remarks, and 3) would be most likely reminded of..her.'

'Fair enough,' Alexander responded. 'But you won't refuse their offer, at least in discreet form.

'Sure.' Pierre nodded. 'I can do that. Home is home, and the expectation for the McCarthy's remain as high as ever.' This was true, the McCarthy family's reputation in Halifax, partly thanks to his famous uncle, Sir. Joel of acting and fencing fame, but also due to him and his cousins' part as well. 'If there's anything else, tell them to email or telephone me after I go back to Cenial.'

'Good, Sounds good.' He loudly said it, before going back to quietly mentioning an intriguing note. 'Also, you may also want to talk to her daughter while you're still in town, by the way.' He saw Pierre's eyes lit up, as a recollection from one of his recruiting notes came up. 'She's a prodigy, I heard people say that earlier in the evening on the other table.' Alexander grudgingly whispered. 'And I am not kidding on the words, as you know too well. Now or never, is what I will tell you.'
Last edited by Independent Athletes from Quebec on Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Audioslavia » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:40 pm

”A Very Audio Victory”
Cammers buoyant after strong start to tournament

After Thea Squarciafichi’s sixth-minute goal handed the Swans an early lead, there may have been a five minute period where most Audioslavians hunkered down and prepared themselves for the worst. The worst never came. Koenraad Rijsbergen’s close-range reply, booted over the line from two yards from Leandro Ceron’s header, put the game back in the balance before Eurico put the Bulls in front via a long-range effort that took a wild deflection from Chiara Blanco’s hip before curling into the far corner, with DuCasse only a spectator.

2-1 up on sixteen minutes, Audioslavia then prepared to do what they do best - sit back, and invite their opponents to run the gauntlet.

As they had been against Baker Park, Audioslavia lined up compactly, inviting their opponents down the wings by virtue of having closed off every feasible avenue down the centre. Saviglane, a naturally buccaneering side, were initially reticient to oblige the Bulls, with Boisbouvier and Buvalelli attempting to draw the Audioslavians out of position for the likes of Squarciafichi, Barthelemy and Roux to find space in behind.

“Not our first rodeo” replied the Bulls, staying back and ignoring the confusing imagery. Audioslavia refused to be drawn out of position, instead relying on Savigliane to become more enterprising. The die was cast in the closing moments of the first half, with Roux finding her cross blocked by David Logan and the lightning-fast Tiago Brown beating Lamontagne to the loose ball. Brown tore down the wing, miscontrolled the ball at the edge of the Savigliane box bot managed to slide in and scoop it into the box ahead of Chiara Blanco. Remy Leclerc went for the ball but was bundled over clumsily by Koenraad Rijsbergen as the striker lunged for the ball, succeeding in shinning it in off the post.

Savigliane had the better of the second half in its entirety, with eight shots on target to Audioslavia’s two. In true Audioslavia fashion, though, while their opponents’ efforts were limited to speculative long-rangers and off-balance digs from a crowded box, Audioslavia’s chances were tap-ins after a breathlessly fast break-away.

Savigliane would grab the first goal of the second period, with debutant Nicoletta Sauvageon forcing her way into the box brilliantly, shimmying between Cotescasees and Ceron and squaring the ball to Squarciafichi to pull a goal back. Sauvageon would run to the goal, pick the ball up and sprint back to the centre circle pumping her fist, and to all who were watching it seemed inevitable that the Swans would find the equaliser. It was not to be. A blocked cross from the debuting full-back would fall to Moses Moxey, who began a neat four-pass move that would end in Eurico da Rosa sprinting onto a through-ball goal-side of Blanco and LeClerc and slotting a finish under DuCasse.

Savigliane again pressed, unbowed by yet another setback. Audioslavia would dig in to defend the two-goal cushion. Boisbouvier rattled the bar, Buvalelli found Berthelemy unmarked but the striker could only tug a shot agonizingly wide, before Squarciafichi’s blocked shot was powered into the corner by Anne-Marie Roux on 81 minutes to spark a late fight-back.

They had, however, expended the last of their reserves of energy. Substitutes Collomb and Bella still had their legs, but chasing a game against Audioslavia is a tough task, and the Bulls would break away again in the 86th minute. Brown to Burley, Burley to Spijkers, Spijkers to the bottom left hand corner for 5-3.

There have been many claret false dawns before, and a victory over the 41st-ranked team in the region is barely deserving of the name ‘dawn’, but Audioslavia were strong, and will go into the must-win game against Saltstead with confidence.

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:43 pm

AOCAF LXIII

Matchday 4

Group A

Freeport 2–6 Siovanija & Teusland
Busoga Islands 0–0 Oontaz

# Group A                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Siovanija & Teusland 3 3 0 0 11 3 +8 9 Q
2 Busoga Islands 3 2 1 0 6 2 +4 7 Q

3 Aji no Moto 3 1 0 2 5 7 −2 3
4 Oontaz 4 0 2 2 2 6 −4 2
5 Freeport 3 0 1 2 4 10 −6 1

Group B

Netop 2–4 Northwest Kalactin
Ibixa 1–2 Banija

# Group B                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Banija 4 4 0 0 12 5 +7 12 Q
2 Northwest Kalactin 3 1 1 1 10 9 +1 4
3 Sarzonia 3 1 1 1 6 7 −1 4
4 Ibixa 3 1 0 2 6 8 −2 3
5 Netop 3 0 0 3 6 11 −5 0 E

Group C

Farfadillis 3–3 Euran Oceania Territories
Huayramarca 1–1 Chromatika

# Group C                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Chromatika 4 3 1 0 7 2 +5 10 Q
2 Farfadillis 3 1 1 1 9 9 0 4
3 Huayramarca 3 1 1 1 10 9 +1 4
4 North Handoria 3 1 0 2 6 9 −3 3
5 Euran Oceania Territories 3 0 1 2 5 8 −3 1 E

Group D

Krytenia 2–1 Hapilopper
Yesopalitha 0–0 Starblaydia

# Group D                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Starblaydia 4 3 1 0 6 2 +4 10 Q
2 Krytenia 3 2 0 1 8 5 +3 6
3 Hapilopper 3 1 0 2 3 4 −1 3
4 Pluvia and the Saxean Isles 3 1 0 2 2 4 −2 3
5 Yesopalitha 3 0 1 2 1 5 −4 1 E

Group E

Ko-oren 4–0 Gyatso-kai
Overseas Territories of Sylestone 0–1 Vilita & Turori

# Group E                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Ko-oren 3 3 0 0 9 1 +8 9 Q
2 Vilita & Turori 4 3 0 1 9 4 +5 9 Q

3 Xannerian Sunbelt Islands 3 0 2 1 5 7 −2 2
4 Overseas Territories of Sylestone 3 0 1 2 3 7 −4 1
5 Gyatso-kai 3 0 1 2 2 9 −7 1

Group F

Audioslavia 1–1 Saltstead
Baker Park 3–2 Savigliane

# Group F                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Baker Park 3 2 1 0 7 3 +4 7
2 Savigliane 4 2 0 2 9 10 −1 6
3 Audioslavia 3 1 2 0 6 4 +2 5
4 Saltstead 3 1 1 1 4 4 0 4
5 Nuovo Serone 3 0 0 3 3 8 −5 0 E

Group G

Qasden 0–1 Tropicorp
Demot 1–1 Jabal Akhdar

# Group G                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Tropicorp 3 2 0 1 6 6 0 6
2 Equestria 3 1 2 0 3 1 +2 5
3 Demot 3 1 2 0 5 4 +1 5
4 Jabal Akhdar 4 0 3 1 5 6 −1 3
5 Qasden 3 0 1 2 2 4 −2 1 E

Group H

Delaclava 1–2 Valanora
Flavovespia 1–3 Quebec

# Group H                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Valanora 3 2 1 0 8 4 +4 7 Q
2 Quebec 4 2 1 1 9 7 +2 7 Q

3 Dogsmouth 3 1 0 2 3 6 −3 3
4 Flavovespia 3 1 0 2 4 6 −2 3
5 Delaclava 3 1 0 2 6 7 −1 3
Last edited by Siovanija and Teusland on Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Republics of Siovanija & Teusland
Capital: Borograd | Population: 74,245,000 | Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus | Country Code: STL

World Cup of Hockey 40, 41 & 42 Champions ⋆ World Junior Hockey Championship 14 Champions

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Postby Audioslavia » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:54 pm

Rohan Cammers, resplendent in a lime green tuxedo underneath a purple [i}Kappa[/i] tracksuit jacket, a pair of aviators and a pork pie hat, shrugged at the idea that Audioslavia, through a mixture of missed chances and some sloppy defending, had thrown away their chances at making it out of a tricky Group F.

"The path forward is clear: We play Nuova Serone next, who haven't scored a point yet. If that's still the case after our game, we're through. Even if we draw, we're through so long as Baker Park do the deed against Saltstead. As it stands, we're favourites for that second spot. I fully expect us to be lining up against Tropicorp, Equestria or Demot in the next round - all of which we're capable of beating."

Audioslavia are, indeed, capable of getting a win over each of those teams. Even an Equestria side that, while ranked four places higher than the Bulls, were defeated by Audioslavia all of three times in the last AOCAF Cup.

A concern for Cammers is that, while undefeated and on a commendable five points from the three hardest games the group has to offer, Audioslavia have generally looked second best in each of the games. Viewers were under no illusions last week that the Bulls were doing everything they could just to stay in the game, Savigliane were at times naive but looked much more threatening than Audioslavia ever did, and while the men in claret and green had the better of large parts of the Salstead game, it was the opponents who looked more clinical up front, being unfortunate not to win the game outright with two golden opportunities early on in the second half.

Audioslavia, though, will persist with a defensive formation that blunts their attacking potency somewhat. The side look solid enough in defence - ignoring for a moment the four goals given up in three games - but with only Eurico, Spijkers and Rijsbergen truly attacking players (though it could be argued full-back Tiago Brown is a forward himself, given how many yards the flanker has gained on that right wing), the Bulls may find it tougher to get back into games if things start going wrong.

And this is Audioslavia. Things will start to go wrong. If they go wrong enough in two days time, then the Bulls may well be missing from the knockout stages.

Speaking of going missing, the AOCAF Cup isn't quite the same without the sexy goatpirates of Mriin wooing the crowds with their footballing talent, immaculately coiffed antlers and booties of gold. The team have announced a retirement - though some prefer to call it a hiatus - from international football and have sailed off with the coveted original, lineal Unofficial World Championship belt. We wish them all the best.

Here, for your listening reading pleasure, is our interpretation of the reasons Mriin are refusing to enter international football tournaments.

Maggie's Farm
Based on the Bob Dylan song of the same name

I ain’t gonna post in Maggie’s threads no more.
Oh I ain’t gonna post in Maggie’s threads no more.
She came to us in roleplays. From Snub Nose 38.
She lives on in my laptop, she hides in xkoranate.
And she cackles as my rank goes through the floor.
I ain’t gonna post in Maggie’s threads no more.
I ain’t gonna go to Maggie’s live draw no more.
Nah I ain’t gonna go to Maggie’s live draw no more.
I sit there in the theatre, drink whisky in the dark
She draws us with Nephara, in a group with Baker Park
And we’re joined by Cassadaiguans and Vanor
Nah I ain’t gonna go to Maggie’s live draw no more
I ain't scorinating Maggie's contests no more.
Nah I aint scorinating Maggie's contests no more.
I enter all the data, I double-check it twice
I'm sure I've got it sorted every time I click the dice
So what's the deal with all these scoreless draws?
I ain't scorinating Maggie's contests no more
I ain’t gonna play on Maggie’s field no more,
Oh I ain’t gonna play on Maggie’s field no more.
She takes my roleplay bonus and all my KPBs
She laughs at me derisively and throws them in the sea
Our rand() is always 0.014
I ain't gonna play on Maggie’s field no more.
I ain’t gonna stick to Maggie’s cut-offs no more.
Nah I ain’t gonna stick to Maggie’s cut-offs no more.
I wrote a wee novella, about mad religious sects
I sang an acapella, made Idiot Projects
But when I post, the game’s already scored
Oh I ain’t gonna stick to Maggie’s cut-offs no more.
I ain’t gonna pray at Maggie’s church no more.
Nah I ain’t gonna pray at Maggie’s church no more.
I got there in the morning. I burned those rubber fowls
But then against Vdara, my team throws in the towel
I finish fifth even though I'm seeded four
Oh I ain’t gonna pray at Maggie’s church no more.
I ain’t gonna burn ol’ Maggie’s chickens no more.
Nah I ain’t gonna burn ol’ Maggie’s chickens no more.
I soaked them all in Vilaaye, I held them to the flame,
I watched them all incinerate, kept pouring the ethane
She shoved them my ass for an encore.
Nah I ain’t gonna burn ol’ Maggie’s chickens no more.
I ain’t using Maggie’s transfer window no more.
Oh I ain’t using Maggie’s transfer window no more.
Well I’d scout Shango-Fogoa, and I’d try to buy some Farves
The next day they’re on twii.tur wearing Creed United scarves
And they wonder why my coefficient’s poor
I ain’t using Maggie’s transfer window no more
I ain’t gonna bank on Maggie’s whims no more*.
Nah I ain’t gonna bank on Maggie’s whims no more.
When I draw at home to Darmen, she offers no excuse
I try to show more content, then I go down to Indusse
It's a shame the way I dropped two points to Bohr
I aint gonna go to Maggie’s office no more.

I ain’t gonna vote for Maggie’s host-bid no more.
Nah I ain’t gonna vote for Maggie’s host-bid no more.
I vote for hosts whose scorinators fit where my team is,
But when I’m low it’s NSFS, when I'm ranked high it's SQIS
Been screwed so many times, I'm feeling sore.
I ain’t gonna vote for Maggie’s host-bid no more.
I ain’t gonna shitpost Maggie’s threads no more.
Nah I ain’t gonna shitpost Maggie’s threads no more.
She watches as I’m memeing, she folds her arms and reads
And then she sits there streaming as I blow a 3-1 lead.
Then she links her Twitch on NS Sport Discord
Nah I ain’t gonna shitpost Maggie’s threads no more.
I ain’t gonna worldbuild Maggie’s sport no more.
Nah I ain’t gonna worldbuild Maggie’s sport no more.
I write about reporters, and political intrigue,
I make sure my supporters all believe in Bluecliff League
She adds ‘loses major finals’ to my lore
I ain’t gonna roleplay Maggie’s sport no more.
I ain’t gonna roll with Maggie’s dice no more
Nah I ain’t gonna roll with Maggie’s dice no more.
We had to play Krytenia. They threw us in the Bekk
We lost a game to Inde. Pendent athletes from Quebec
If this keeps up I’m moving to Rushmore
Nah I ain’t gonna roll with Maggie’s dice no more.

*this line was written by Graintfjall

Savigliane
Spokesperson

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Savigliane » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:04 am

SWANS GO HOME EARLY
Like, even earlier than previously expected
Early exit believed to be attempt to "reverse-jinx" MD5 results

SIOVANIJA & TEUSLAND -- The Swans are heading home after a narrow MD4 result to Baker Park. Continuing what is starting to become a theme after similar defeats to Vilita and Kelssek in the World Cup group stage, as well as Audioslavia more recently, Savigliane played bravely and scored some goals, but ultimately couldn't keep their opponents out of DuCasse's net enough. As such, despite a strong second showing, the Swans will need a bye day miracle - Audioslavia would have to lose to winless minnows Nuovo Serone, while Saltstead could not win against Baker Park - to finish second in the group and secure progression to the next round. Sports analytics sites have pegged this sequence of events as having a probability just a bit under 11.00%, and with their fate entirely out of their hands, Savigliane can do little to influence proceedings.

That is, except attempt to "reverse-jinx" their probable group stage exit by physically leaving Siovanija & Teusland before MD5 has even kicked off. Tlanx-Nulzk Hal, who skillfully dodged any media attempts to figure out what the hell was going on, and their twenty-five players and coaches boarded a flight back to Acqui Bollente the morning after their loss to Baker Park, and all are on their way home as we speak since the flight arrived at Sofia Tonelli International Airport. "Since we've all returned to our daily lives scattered throughout Savigliane, it would be an incredible inconvenience to get everyone back together and fly back to Siovanija & Teusland if we are not eliminated next matchday. We genuinely hope that this does not happen, as playing a Ro16 match would be a major hassle" Tlanx-Nulzk later posted on twii.tur, after departing for his Villeneuve apartment. Team captain Chiara Blanco agreed, adding that "luckily, Audioslavia are almost guaranteed to get a result against Nuovo Serone, so it's not something we'll have to worry about."
Last edited by Savigliane on Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Republic of Savigliane • La Repubblica Savigliana • done wandering
Leader: Prime Minister-in-Exile Bianca Fiore • Capitals: Acqui Bollente, Villenueve • Population: ~8,000,000
WC87 Video • WC88 Video • WCQ93 Video
The Story of Anaian Savigliane (RP Archive)
Property of Yue Zhou

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:19 pm

Linton "Dead Man Walking", Claims Opposition Leader
Mark Newton reports from Emberton

We may still be a little way out from election season, but the opening salvo has most assuredly been fired. With Charles Linton and Reform reeling from the backbench rebellion that saw the Agricultural Subsidies Bill killed off in the Witting and the maelstrom that has ensued, Conservative leader Penelope Baker has stuck her own boot into affairs with a scathing attack on the Prime Minister.

Speaking on The Press Box, KBS2's daily politics programme, Ms Baker wasted no time laying into her opposite number in the wake of the previous day's chaos, which saw Reform brass suspending no less than thirty members of the party. Stephen Anderson, former Food and Farming Minister, was one of those suspended, and immediately announced his resignation from Reform - he will sit as an independent. Ms Baker, Leader of the Opposition, had this to say:

Penelope Baker wrote:It's become abundantly clear that Reform has lost its way, and worse, lost its unity. A house divided cannot stand, as they say, and as Mr Linton continues to smash out the bricks from the ground floor, it's only a matter of time before the entire edifice crashes down on him. I hope he comes across Stephen Anderson in the chambers today; it will be interesting to see if he has the nerve to look into the eyes of one of the few people in Reform who had enough of a spine to actually stand up for his beliefs. The Prime Minister has shown his true colours not to be turquoise or orange, but a sickly yellow. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more MWs - and rank and file party members - following Mr Anderson out of the door. Mr Linton is a dead man waking, and the sooner the populace get the chance to send him to the political guillotine, the better.

With the latest opinion polls seeing Reform trailing in third behind the Conservatives and Socialists, an early election seems unlikely, unless the opposition parties can convince enough of the suspended MWs to support them in a no-confidence vote. Mr Linton may need to act quickly today to avoid this.
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Busoga Islands
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Busoga Islands » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:20 pm

Image @BusogaChronicle The Busoga Islands will play Siovanija & Teusland without key player Kasekende Jr. How important is he? He is crucial in helping this team turn defense into attack. In their game without him, team's middle third passing % fell down by 5%, as well as the team's interception rate. #BUSvSandT

Image @DelbinKasekendeJr So sad I can't play with my brothers tonight on the field. But let's go out there and win the group against Siovanija & Teusland! We do not fear a true road game at a major international tournament- we are Busoga! #BUSvSandT #SilenceTheGoldhorns

Image @PresidentKasekendeSr This national team has improved vastly since the days I was around. Second straight knockout appearance at the AOCAFs! Let's win our AOCAF group tonight for the first time ever as well. #BeatSandT #GoBusogaGo

Image @BusogaEmbassyInBorograd We'll all be wearing our colors tonight for the match against S&T! But win or lose on the pitch today, our nation's relationship with Siovanija & Teusland is one that will remain a pillar of our foreign policy for generations. Read more about it on our website! #GoBusogaGo #BeatSandT

Image @BusogaIslandsSupportersGroup Join us today for a pre game rally on the south side of the stadium in Stelburg! We're already through, so huge game to win the group. Remember, tonight's loser gets an in-form Starblaydia! #BeatSandT #SilenceTheGoldhorns

Pluvia and the Saxean Isles
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pluvia and the Saxean Isles » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:56 pm

Royal Marienburg University, Marienburg, Pluvia and the Saxean Isles

Prof. Charles Cunningham of the history department at the Royal Marienburg University was about to head home for the weekend. He'd spent a satisfactory day teaching and of course reading the diary. There had been a pesky faculty meeting where old Rufus Strongmire, the department chair had droned on and on about some initiative or other. He'd spared as much attention as he could while mostly thinking about the diary and the academic papers and books he could write using it as source material. Now that this nonsense with his wife had been resolved, he was fully and freely able to work on the diary. And he intended to spend much of his weekend perusing it. He'd procured some preservation equipment so he didn't damage it any more than he already might have. He also needed to copy it all out into some other format, in case the diary was lost. He checked his watch. Half past four. Enough time to sit and read another bit of the diary before he went home.

The last diary entry saw William II's meeting with the Lord Commander, the Lord Hasselbach. This would be his fifth individual meeting with a member of the Praesidium. William II hoped that by meeting individually with each member of the Praesidium, he could convince them to support his plans. Together they could put up a united front, but individually, perhaps he could break them down. The issue with the Lord Commander was that he was an uncompromising conservative, dedicated to the traditional ways of the military. A disciplined man, and one who had integrity, but someone largely opposed to the project William II was laying out. To aid him, William II enlisted the help of two other members of the Praesidium, the Lord Treasurer and the Lord Ambassador. There was some back and forth between the king and the noble about the capability of the military and such, but they quickly got down to the nitty-gritty. William II asked the Lord Hasselbach to support his program of industrialisation, modernisation, tactical change, a new military academy, with the Lord Treasurer and the Lord Ambassador offering their views in support of him. The old campaigner refused to either support this plan or step down in favor of someone who would until William II threatened him with replacement by the Lord Gilmour, another military man who represented almost the total opposite of the Lord Hasselbach. At the prospect of being replaced by someone he considered more or less his mortal enemy, he conceded that he was willing to support the young king's plans. It wasn't an enthusiastic support, but it was support nonetheless.

February 26, 1885

I am shivering with excitement!

For the last week, I have been conferring with the Lord Treasurer and some of the men who work in his ministry about the industrial capacity of our realm. I have pored over facts and figures, estimates and tally books. If my plan is to succeed, we must exploit our natural resources to the fullest of our ability. I am particularly concerned with our reserves of iron and coal. These two materials, without which my plan cannot be achieved, have largely been found in our northern, more mountainous region. Iron is necessary for the production of steel, which will lead to railroads, construction of stronger edifices, and weapons. Coal will help to power our furnaces, our locomotives, and perhaps bring heat to the many who presently must rely on peat or the limited forests we have. As such, I resolved to visit both mines and factories in and around Somermont, the principal town in our northern mountain region. Many people wanted me to wait until they could ensure that no harm would come to me or tried to dissuade me from going entirely, but I would not be deterred.

My reasoning for this was twofold. First of all, what do I have to fear from my people? The Saxean Brotherhood does not operate in northern Pluvia, and all of my other subjects are loyal. Second, my majority on the Praesidium is tenuous at best; while the Lord Chancellor and Lord Constable are my new men, the Lord Ambassador will only support me as long as he thinks he can get revenge on his enemies, the Lord Treasurer remains skeptical of additional expenditure, and the Lord Commander merely wants to keep his position. The Lord Steward and Lord Chamberlain are potential enemies, and as a constitutional monarch, I must also consider the National Assembly. If my program is to pass, I must have the support of our legislators as well. To underscore the importance of coal, steel, and industry to our national prestige and advancement, I must make public appearances in support of them. I secured the co-operation of newspaper editors, who will publish stories about my visit, and the royal house still has heralds who will spread the word throughout our realm. If I can rally the common people, the middle-class, and even some of the elites, the National Assembly and the Praesidium will come to see the wisdom of my program.

Our journey to Somermont was conducted via locomotive engine. Although some of my advisors complained of the ride being not comfortable enough, I was fascinated. Locomotives have fascinated me since I first rode on one when I was a boy. We still do not have enough of them in this country, but the Marienburg-Somermont railroad line has been established for some time as a corridor for industrial goods and raw materials. I completed what work I needed to as quickly as I could and spent the rest of the time marveling at the country pass by at such a rapid speed or conversing with the conductor, engineers, and coalmen aboard the train. I learned much from them, but it took some time before they were willing to talk openly and without reservation to their king. Despite their participation in the future of our realm, there is still unrest among them over the hours they work, the conditions they work in, and their pay. I assured them that I would consider their condition when I met with the great industrialists or with our lawmakers.

In Somermont, we were welcomed by the mayor and a brass band of many pieces. They fretted that it was not sufficient for a king, but I reassured them that they had brought honor to their city. I rode to their finest hotel, which could not compare to the splendor of the palace or the hotels we have in Marienburg, but this did not matter. I was simply happy to see my subjects, though again I saw some pinched faces and some who were overtired. The mayor hosted us for a wonderful banquet, and there were also many owners of mines and factories there. I spent most of my time talking with them about their industries and with the mayor about the health of his city. They assured me that their factories and mines were the most important thing that had ever happened to Somermont, and the mayor concurred. As for some of the fumes that hovered over the city, they made light of them. I am retiring to bed now, but I will spend the next few days visiting the mines and factories. I can barely sleep for excitement, but I must. My realm needs industry, and it needs me.

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019

Postby Hapilopper » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:20 pm

WHAT'S THE QUESTION? AOCAF EDITION - Special "The team is falling apart at the seams! edition"

Here are your contestants:
An archaeologist from Hapilopper City, Mike Weaver.
A program analyst from Buckridge, Kim Waddle.
A cheap shot artist from West Hampton, Drew Henderson.

"AOCAF for $200, please." (loud applause from the crowd)

"Kim."
Kim: "Who is, uh, fucking hell, I forget." (laughter) "Heh. Mike? Drew?"
*beep-beep-beep*
"Who is Neil Smith. We mentioned him the other day, remember?"
(Context: Oh boy. Neil Smith, Krytenia's resident 'unit,' fired one past Cooter Harris into the back of the net in the 7th minute of the Krytenia-Hapilopper match, then went over to a corner flag and did a little shadow-boxing* in an effort to taunt Nate Ellis. Nate took it about as well as you'd expect it, and when we say that, we mean "he went apeshit, he ran like hell towards Smith in an effort to tackle him," and had to be restrained by both Bobby East and Claire Randall. When a referee came over to Nate to try to calm him down, Nate apparently said something that, in the referee's eyes, was worth a straight red card. Cue the hell fire and brimstone, because Nate got right in the referee's face and started screaming in the ref's face, standing probably two inches from the ref's face. A multi-match suspension is rumored.)

"AOCAF, $400."

"Drew."
Drew: "What is a crotch chop?" "Correct. You have the board."
(Context: Ernie Stevenson, while still pissed off at Nate for the nutshot on his brother in Cassadaigua, was even more pissed off about Nate getting sent off. In the 38th minute, Ernie got on a breakaway of breakaways and sent a screamer past a diving Robert Wilson. After scoring the goal, Ernie rushed over to the referee and gave him a very overt crotch chop, pissing off the referee to the point of giving him a yellow card. Thom Perkins, to say the least, was enraged, and issued a public apology for Hapilopper's conduct after the match.)

"AOCAF, $600."

"Mike."
Mike: "What are obscene gestures?" "Judges, are we gonna accept that? They're saying yes, and you have the board."
(Context: Cooter was pissed off for the same reason that Ernie was. It wasn't dirty play on the part of the Krytenians, nor was it a bad call that screwed the Haps over, let's point that out. The Krytenians outplayed the Haps and would have outplayed them even if they were at full strength. But in the 89th minute, Cooter Harris got a save that would have kept it from going 3-1 and held onto the ball. When the referee ran over to ask for the ball, Cooter flipped him off, hurled the ball at him, and then grabbed himself in a very nasty way. The combination of the three led to Cooter getting shown a red card, Hapilopper dropped down to nine players for the final minute plus injury time, and Thom giving Cooter a gigantic bollocking for his trouble.)

"AOCAF, $800."

*beep-beep-beep*
"What is taking points from Starblaydia? Mike, you've got the board."
(Context: Not much needed, nor appropriate - Starblaydia drew Yesopalitha, 0-0, while the Haps were in the midst of coming apart at the seams.)

"AOCAF, $1,000."

*beep-beep-beep*
"We were looking for 'What is kicking Nate Ellis in the family jewels. Mike, pick again."
Mike: "Could we use another term for 'family jewels?'" "We would have accepted words like 'junk,' 'manhood,' 'sack,' 'nuts,' and 'special area.'
(Context: After the match ended, Ernie Stevenson stormed off the pitch, into the tunnel and into the locker room, where he charged at Nate Ellis, having realized that the Haps pretty much fell apart in the match largely because of Nate losing his cool so early on in the match. A combination of Ernie getting pissed off at the referee for sending Nate off so early, getting pissed off at Nate for losing his cool, and staying pissed off at Nate for kicking his brother Drake in the family jewels was enough, and Ernie reportedly hauled off and kicked a field goal in between Nate's legs, re-injuring that area that was injured by Alexis Fotellis during the last World Cup qualifiers. Ernie was given a one-match suspension "to consider what he did."

TEAM HAPILOPPER APOLOGIZES TO AOCAF, KRYTENIA FOR INCIDENTS

By Andrew Mossman, the Hapiloppian

FELSENKIRCHEN, TEUSLAND - Officials from Team Hapilopper have issued a formal apology to the Atlantian Oceania Confederation of Association Football and to the Krytenian national squad for the multiple incidents that plagued the Hapilopper-Krytenia match.

Early on in the match, Nate Ellis was shown a straight red card for attempting to assault Neil Smith, a striker for the Krytenian side, after Smith scored a goal, then appeared to taunt Ellis by shadow-boxing a corner flag. Ellis was then restrained by multiple Hapiloppian players and then ejected by the referee after some moments.

Following the ejection, Ernie Stevenson was shown a yellow card in the 38th after delivering a crotch chop to the official, while Cooter Harris was ejected in the 89th for multiple obscene gestures. Ellis, Stevenson and Harris will not play the final match of the group stage.

Stevenson was suspended for one match for a reported locker room attack on Ellis after the match, where Stevenson reportedly kicked Ellis in the nuts.

Thom Perkins, head coach of the Hapiloppian squad, was visibly angry as he addressed the media.

"Hapilopper should be better than this," Perkins said. "We shouldn't be collapsing ourselves because one player gets pissy over some simulated boxing match that some pundits had a laugh at. So it happened. Nate Ellis has been consumed with it, Neil Smith mocked him for it and he got pissed off. It ruined us, and made all of us look terrible over that entire match."

Perkins said the Haps quit focusing on the match after the Ellis ejection, and rather on "making something right that wasn't wrong in the first place."

"The referee did nothing wrong," Perkins said. "He informed me afterwards that Ellis said something that was beyond the pale, and after he repeated it to me, I would agree with him. We beat ourselves tonight because we quit thinking about beating Krytenia. We beat ourselves, and because of that, Krytenia beat us too."

Dominic Probst, administrative head of Team Hapilopper, said the organization has issued a written apology to AOCAF officials and to the Krytenian side for their behavioral conduct.

"This will not happen again," Probst said. "Period. We looked really bad from this match, and it was because of what we did as a side, not what anyone else did."

* - Krytenia mentioned this idea over Discord the other day.
Last edited by Hapilopper on Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:41 pm

'No playing safe'--Prescott
by Scott McCrae
The Daily Mail National Soccer Writer

Headed into their final Group F match at the Metropola-Stadion in Borograd, the Commonwealth National Team is not looking past Saltstead towards the knockout rounds quite yet.

There is still plenty of work that remains in the capital, as BP would like to continue their 10 match unbeaten run in the competition and wrap up the top spot in the group; manager Jen Prescott wants to see the squad take momentum into the round of 16 while continuing to ramp up the offense.

Following the 3-2 Commonwealth win in Oriovska Bistrica, the Savigliane team headed home, although they technically could advance should Audioslavia not pick up at least a point against Nuova Serone, an unlikely scenario but one that is not completely out of the realm of possibility given the Bulls' history. To continue on the jinx theme (in the spirit of fairness), a Saltstead win over the Bees would see them jump ahead of BP on head to head result, which could eliminate the defending champions should form hold in the other match.

Hence, Prescott will not look to keep things close to the vest, so expect the full display of aggressive upfield pressure at the front and the high line at the back, where the trio of Jerome Brooks, Alan Wiseman and Amy Freeman will start again as they did against Audioslavia.

Prescott spoke about the results so far, and the tourney in general. "I'm pleased by the way we've taken care of business so far, a good win to start, a no nonsense point against the Bulls and another win. I think from what I've seen so far, there aren't many big surprises in the other groups. Maybe the Vans going out, but if you're going against Equestria and the Tropicorp bunch, you're going to have to be on top of your game every day. That's what we'll very likely face in the next phase, although the Ponies seem to be in a bit of rebuilding mode, I think? The usual suspects will all be around when get down to sixteen, and hopefully we are a usual suspect." (laughter)

lineup vs Saltstead
Vickers; Brooks, Wiseman, Freeman; Eichorn, Milton, Buxton, Reynolds; Gibson; Craig, Pryor (C)
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:53 pm

Despite a poor start to the AOCAF, the Marauders have turned things around after the initial draw with Quebec, turning in back to back victories that have the side already clenched to advance into the knockouts with a game to spare. As it turns out, they will be being joined in the knockouts by Quebec, after they defeated Flavovespia three to one, a victory that they needed to advance having their bye in the group stage on the last matchday in the group. It is one of the reasons that the Marauders were glad not to have the late bye day and one we as Vanorians usually dislike odd numbers in groups to begin with, as the idea of byes wrinkles us a bit, especially the idea you could have your fate be out of your hands on the last matchday with nothing to do about it. Additionally, with Quebec being the other team from the group to be advancing out the group, it makes that opening matchday draw look a little better in hindsight, though the squad would have liked to take the whole three points obviously.

Despite having already secured their advancement, there is still the group title to play for for the Marauders and given the choice between playing recent World Cup runners up Ko-oren or the combined might of Vilita & Turori, both of which are going to be massively difficult games mind you, the Marauders will likely prefer the latter after having bitterly tasted defeat to the Dragonflies during the World Cup semifinals. In addition to being something an easier tie for the Marauders to navigate, given that the Eel-Cat Things have also secured their progression but like Quebec will have their bye on the last matchday while Ko-oren still plays, it is also something of a rivalry game for the side. Turori were a bit of a thorn in the Marauders side when the team first entered into the World Cup and AOCAF scene all those many years ago, while Vilita is one of the teams that the Marauders are racing against to try and get the record breaking sixth World Cup title, along with Starblaydia and The Holy Empire. The combined team allows the Marauders to attempt to get one over on both nations at the same time in the edgy affair, should the two teams meat in the Round of Sixteen.

To do that, the Marauders require at the very minimum to not lose by two or more goals, as Quebec would then be ahead of the side thanks to goal difference and the two having drawn their game so there would be no head to head advantage to fall back on. Obviously the Marauders would prefer to rather get the victory or at least a draw to finish above Quebec on points and not have to worry about the tiebreaker scenarios that could potentially play out if both teams end on the seven points that they currently both have. The Marauders were able to dodge the comeback trail of Delaclava, with Lothas Ludwig getting goals on either side of the halftime whistle to keep the Marauders unbeaten and to send Delaclava packing, as they will be having a game against Dogsmouth on the last matchday to determine who will be the bottom of the table, though a draw could see both teams finish above Flavovespia if the latter fails to find a way to get a result against the Marauders.

Despite having two losses, Flavovespia has not been a poor team during the tournament and would have been my pick to be the second team out of the group alongside the Eternal Empire when the group had been first drawn. With nothing to play for, things are likely to go one of two ways for the team that they will be fielding against the Marauders, either they will play loose knowing that they have no pressure to actually get a result and will be able to play freely, something that we have seen quite a few times in our history. On the other hand, they could be completely demoralized and merely be going through the motions because they are required to and not allowed to simply go back home after being eliminated, allowing the Marauders to simply run all over them. I would like to believe that Flavovespia has enough pride not to do the latter but with the Marauders seemingly in a high vein of form and not allowing many goals, something that has been troublesome for Flavovespia to do with the highlight being just the lone goal against Quebec, you have to favor the Marauders to at least get the point needed to retain the top spot in the group and the more favorable knockout tie.
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Demot
Attaché

Founded: May 20, 2005
New York Times Democracy

Postby Demot » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:07 pm

Alexi Garza looked at the stack of paperwork on his desk in Skyhaven and shook his head, wondering how he had ever agreed to try and get the capital investment and sponsorship needed for the Pride League to start to transition back to being a professional league. Why did he have to listen to David Masteron, he was not his great, great grandfather, never had the man even played football and yet because of his name he thought he could try and influence others. Well not try, since he had obviously done enough to get Alexi to agree to this outrageous request, just because the national team was apparently doing well in the most recent edition of the AOCAF. It was a fools errand Alexi knew, no one was going to want to pour the money needed into Demot for the football to reach the level it had been a hundred years before.

There was no use in crying over spilled milk however and Alexi had agreed to the task and so he was going to do his best to try and find the funding somewhere, somehow to at least turn some of the clubs professional besides Likewell Kirk. The first port of call was going to have to be Vilita, as his sources had said that for some reasons those nations in the Vilitan Cove really wanted to see Demot football thrive again, though they could not say why those nations had a particular interesting in Demot football. Alexi was not going to look a gift horse in the mouth however, if the Vilitans and Turorians wanted to help fund the Pride League, then he was not going to turn away whatever sort of sponsorship or investment money they would willing to part with, and they would be the first two nations he was going to send formal letters to before calling.

However he had no idea where to turn to afterwards, supposedly those in Chromatika were interested in seeing the level of the Demot league rise but they were in the middle of recovering from some internal turmoil of their own and he doubted that they would have the economy in either the private or public sectors to support a league on the completely other side of the region from them. The most obvious idea would be Valanora, however he knew that the Vanorians already had a ton of broadcast rights for various foreign leagues, all of which were of a far greater standard than the Pride League, and that was before even taking into account that their own domestic league was routinely considered one of the best in all of the footballing world. There was one other option though, one that seemed unlikely to bear any fruit for Alexi but one that he knew had the sort of capital to spare in investment if they could be brought on side. That of course was their neighbors to the southeast, the Kingdom of Banija, and the huge amount of wealth that Alexi knew was theirs. It was a long shot, but one worth taking the risk on.

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:30 pm

AOCAF LXIII

Matchday 5

Group A

Siovanija & Teusland 1–0 Busoga Islands
Aji no Moto 4–1 Freeport

# Group A                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Siovanija & Teusland 4 4 0 0 12 3 +9 12
2 Busoga Islands 4 2 1 1 6 3 +3 7

3 Aji no Moto 4 2 0 2 9 8 +1 6
4 Oontaz 4 0 2 2 2 6 −4 2
5 Freeport 4 0 1 3 5 14 −9 1

Group B

Northwest Kalactin 2–0 Ibixa
Sarzonia 3–3 Netop

# Group B                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Banija 4 4 0 0 12 5 +7 12
2 Northwest Kalactin 4 2 1 1 12 9 +3 7

3 Sarzonia 4 1 2 1 9 10 −1 5
4 Ibixa 4 1 0 3 6 10 −4 3
5 Netop 4 0 1 3 9 14 −5 1

Group C

Euran Oceania Territories 1–1 Huayramarca
North Handoria 0–1 Farfadillis

# Group C                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Chromatika 4 3 1 0 7 2 +5 10
2 Farfadillis 4 2 1 1 10 9 +1 7

3 Huayramarca 4 1 2 1 11 10 +1 5
4 North Handoria 4 1 0 3 6 10 −4 3
5 Euran Oceania Territories 4 0 2 2 6 9 −3 2

Group D

Hapilopper 2–1 Yesopalitha
Pluvia and the Saxean Isles 4–4 Krytenia

# Group D                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Starblaydia 4 3 1 0 6 2 +4 10
2 Krytenia 4 2 1 1 12 9 +3 7

3 Hapilopper 4 2 0 2 5 5 0 6
4 Pluvia and the Saxean Isles 4 1 1 2 6 8 −2 4
5 Yesopalitha 4 0 1 3 2 7 −5 1

Group E

Gyatso-kai 2–1 Overseas Territories of Sylestone
Xannerian Sunbelt Islands 1–3 Ko-oren

# Group E                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Ko-oren 4 4 0 0 12 2 +10 12
2 Vilita & Turori 4 3 0 1 9 4 +5 9

3 Gyatso-kai 4 1 1 2 4 10 −6 4
4 Xannerian Sunbelt Islands 4 0 2 2 6 10 −4 2
5 Overseas Territories of Sylestone 4 0 1 3 4 9 −5 1

Group F

Saltstead 0–0 Baker Park
Nuovo Serone 0–1 Audioslavia

# Group F                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Baker Park 4 2 2 0 7 3 +4 8
2 Audioslavia 4 2 2 0 7 4 +3 8

3 Savigliane 4 2 0 2 9 10 −1 6
4 Saltstead 4 1 2 1 4 4 0 5
5 Nuovo Serone 4 0 0 4 3 9 −6 0

Group G

Tropicorp 1–3 Demot
Equestria 0–1 Qasden

# Group G                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Demot 4 2 2 0 8 5 +3 8
2 Tropicorp 4 2 0 2 7 9 −2 6

3 Equestria 4 1 2 1 3 2 +1 5
4 Qasden 4 1 1 2 3 4 −1 4
5 Jabal Akhdar 4 0 3 1 5 6 −1 3

Group H

Valanora 4–1 Flavovespia
Dogsmouth 3–5 Delaclava

# Group H                              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Valanora 4 3 1 0 12 5 +7 10
2 Quebec 4 2 1 1 9 7 +2 7

3 Delaclava 4 2 0 2 11 10 +1 6
4 Dogsmouth 4 1 0 3 6 11 −5 3
5 Flavovespia 4 1 0 3 5 10 −5 3

Round of 16 Fixtures

Siovanija & Teusland v Krytenia
Nationalstadion, Stelburg, Teusland

Banija v Farfadillis
Franz-Gorz-Stadion, Stelburg, Teusland

Chromatika v Northwest Kalactin
Draistadion, St. Jakob, Teusland

Starblaydia v Busoga Islands
Mollin Park, Felsenkirchen, Teusland

Ko-oren v Quebec
Olimpski-Stadion, Borograd, Siovanija

Baker Park v Tropicorp
Metropola-Arena, Borograd, Siovanija

Demot v Audioslavia
Energija-Arena, Chernovets, Siovanija

Valanora v Vilita & Turori
Pomorie-Arena, Pomorie/Marzig, Siovanija
Last edited by Siovanija and Teusland on Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capital: Borograd | Population: 74,245,000 | Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus | Country Code: STL

World Cup of Hockey 40, 41 & 42 Champions ⋆ World Junior Hockey Championship 14 Champions

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Postby Audioslavia » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:27 pm

One and Up
Shaky Bulls make second round

Perhaps Baker Park's fast stalemate with Saltstead relaxed Cammers's Bulls a little too much in their encounter with pointless Nuovo Serone. The claret and green side toiled for 70 minutes before finally getting the go-ahead goal, which eventually only came via a defensive blunder by the opposition that allowed Gabriel Zozaia to nip in to slot a finish under the keeper.

It didn't quite matter in the end - Saltstead couldn't break down Baker Park, and so Audioslavia would have progressed with a goal-less draw regardless - but it wasn't quite as straight forward as fans may have hoped.

Equestria's surprise capitulation in Group G means it will be long term AOCAFfers Demot awaiting the Bulls in the second round instead of the southwestern ponies. Demot, former World Cup finalists back in the day, will pose a sterner test than that which Nuovo Serone offered, but Cammers is confident ahead of the last-sixteen clash.

"We're building a team that can challenge at the World Cup, and encounters like these are valuable for learning. We'll line up as we have done and we'll play as we always have and there's no reason to believe we won't find ourselves in the quarters come the end" said the manager, dressed in a leather cagoule, octarine chaps and a deerstalker.

Should the Bulls overcome Demot, a giant will be waiting in the quarters, whether it's the two-countries-in-a-trenchcoat of Vilita/Turori or the many-countries-in-a-trenchcoat-and-all-of-them-in-a-much-larger-trenchcoat of Valanora, a side we haven't played for, ooh, five minutes now. When asked about his side's chances of victory in either of those prospective encounters, Cammers simply gave a smile.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we?"

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:49 pm

AOCAF 63, Matchday 4: Huayramarca 1–1 Chromatika
HUY: Tello '39; CMT: Hauser '28
Starting XI: Fillar, J. (C); Fillar, G. - Anbient - Ingram - Guess; Winge - Larriet-Cortes - Kuznetsov; Hauser; Toussaint - Oveni.
Substitutes: Ighv -> Guess ('55), Lin -> Winge ('71), Sen -> Toussaint ('80)

Anomalies Go Undefeated, To Face Northwest Kalactin for the Sixth Time
By: Jordan Lawless

After scoring seven goals, allowing two, and winning three games out of four, the Anomalies U-25 squad has advanced to the Round of 16 in impeccable form atop Group C. After taking care of Euran Oceania Territories and North Handoria via Juxon Fillar pitching two shutouts. Then, the Anomalies took on Farfadillis, and it was a tough occasion as per usual. With Tousssaint and Hauser coming through in the clutch, the Anomalies made it two-for-two against their longtime demons. This led to a tense match against Huayramarca that ended up in a draw.

The storyline of Juxon Fillar vs. Ferret Tioux will be an interesting one to follow next cycle, but the Cazadores Cathair keeper is making the most of this opportunity to garner some attention. Haley Hauser and Vasiliy Marten Kuznetsov have been the standouts in offense as the new approach of having strikers play a supporting role to wingers and attacking midfielders start to have fruition.

Their opponent in the Round of Sixteen will be Northwest Kalactin, a side whose nation is going through some turmoil. The Kalactinians and the Anomalies have faced each other five times with a record of 2-1-2.

In World Cup 84, The Anomalies won 2-1 and 3-0 in Qualifying play. Then, they drew once and lost once in the WC 85 Qualifiers, and then lost in the CoH 77 Group Stage in that accursed cycle. Three of the games were decided by a single goal, which leads to the two sides playing each other to similar levels.

With being ranked as high as sixth, anything less than a Quarterfinals berth would be a disaster; the winner of Chromatika and Northwest Kalactin will face the winner of Starblaydia and Busoga Islands.

"This group has been playing well together," intoned Tim Landers, "We think we're close to getting the best football that they can play out there. Even the lesser known players like Ruthanne (Guess), Grayson (Fillar), and Kara (Oveni) are jelling well with the team. We know that there are some fans out there that think fielding a U-25 squad for one of the more prestigious regional tournaments out there is a throwaway, and to them I point out our results. The system we have - U-18s, U-21s, and U-25s - makes it so that we are always having to pick between deserving players for the WC Qualifying roster; having too many options is a lot better than not having enough."

Unfortunately, Chromatika is on the Teusland half of the AOCAF knockout stages, meaning Enigma Armageddon's connection to Chernovets will not come into play. Regardless, the Energija midfielder has joined the team in Siovanija and Teusland, and will be providing insight and encouragement.

"It's not the same as if I'm playing, but I'm happy to have them here," stated the Anomalies Captain, "I think I will end up wishing I was on the pitch with them, but I trust the system. I'll be helping in any way that I can."

Chromatika's game against Northwest Kalactin will be held in Drastadion in St. Jakob.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:00 pm

After The Sideshow
By Rami Niblick in Felsenkirchen, Siovanija and Teusland

FOLLOWING the astonishing self-destruction of the Hapilopper team in Krytenia's previous game, the Dragons were hopeful of a nice easy ride in their final group game against also-rans Pluvia and the Saxean Isles. That...did not happen.

Krytenia, brimming with confidence after their victory, looked to set the tone and kill the game early. Though there was no repeat of Neil Smith's goal in the early exchanges which set the dominoes falling against Hapilopper, the Dragons were positive and asking questions of the P&SI defence. To their credit, the experienced pairing of Marcus Rabb and Gregor O'Donnell acquitted themselves well in the face of the Krytenian front three, reducing Smith, Alun Belmwr, and Alex Vinelli to speculative efforts which hardly troubled Kilian Kistler in the Magpies' goal.

Indeed, it was the Pluvians who opened the scoring - albeit against the run of play. With the Dragons pressing forward, Rabb thumped a clearance upfield, bypassing most of the Krytenian team and allowing Otto Pearce a one-on-one with Robert Wilson, which the Invictus striker duly converted. The goal instilled a new confidence in the Pluvian team, as they began to push back the Krytenian wave. It was now Joey Sinton and Ross Okano finding themselves on the back foot, and it was an Okano mistake that led to the second, under-hitting a back-pass and allowing Keir Gilbride to slot past a horribly exposed Wilson, doubling the P&SI lead.

Looking likely to end up going into the break in a precarious position, Krytenia picked themselves up off the floor by hitting back before half-time. Alun Belmwr's strike was tipped past the post excellently by Kistler, though at the expense of a corner; Joe Bielsa's delivery found the head of Okano, who made no mistake in directing the ball between the goalkeeper and the defender on the post.

Paul Davis rang the changes at the break, taking off the ineffective Vinelli and replacing him with the eager youth of Simon Ellison. The pacy Caledon Simpson striker set about putting Axel Newman in his pocket, overlapping well with Bielsa to give options down the left flank. It was his cross which floated over the centre-backs, finding Smith who met it on the volley beautifully, giving the Magpies' captain no chance to save it. Smith wheeled away to the corner flag to repeat his shadow-boxing celebration from the Hapilopper game - apparently that's his trademark now - though thankfully without Nate Ellis in attendance to lose his rag and get himself sent off.

Ellison himself would get on the scoresheet a few minutes later, cutting inside to meet a Cormac O'Neill pass before using a nice bit of skill to gain a yard on O'Donnell. A thrademark twenty-five yard hammer blow was the result, which Kistler could only glove into his own net.

Krytenia finally looked in cruise control in the game, with a one-goal cushion in a game they only needed to draw. Not to rest on their laurels, they still searched for a fourth, and it came just after the seventy minute mark. This time, it was Smith's turn to provide the assist, laying the ball back for Belmwr, whose daisy-cutter from the edge of the box was tantalisingly out of reach from the Pluvian 'keeper.

Unfortunately, this is where Krytenia committed the cardinal sin of any side with a two-goal lead; they took their foot off the gas. Allowing P&SI more of the oxygen of possession, the Dragons soon found themselves pinned back inside their own half. Pearce, apparently, had no problem with this, latching onto a ball from substitute Brandon Turner and smashing a fierce shot past a sprawling Wilson.

Krytenia fell foul to some ill-disciplined moments late on. An increasingly frustrated Sinton committed a cynical foul on Gilbride, and with the Half Six defender looking increasingly pressured, Davis decided to replace him with Alex Rivers. It didn't help, as it was Okano who ended up exposed in stoppage time, leaving himself out of position with Rivers having to try and stop Pearce and Carsten Grisbaum solo. A quick one-two put Rivers out of the play, leaving Grisbaum to apply the finish and level the match. Luckily for Krytenia, there simply wasn't enough time for the Magpies to create anything dangerous, and the Dragons squeaked the point they needed to advance.

All of this means that Krytenia, who may just have dropped out of form at the wrong time, now have to face an in-form host team in the last sixteen. Hopefully there'll be less of the errors that permeated through this game, and more of a performance like they had in the first game of the group phase against Yesopilatha. It'll be a tricky match in front of a partisan crowd in Stelburg, but if the Dragons can put together a positive and disciplined performance, a quarter-final berth is not out of the question. Onward!

KRYTENIA - 4
Okano 42
Smith 50
Ellison 54
Belmwr 71

PLUVIA AND THE SAXEAN ISLES - 4
Pearce 22, 78
Gilbride 31
Grisbaum 90+2
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 pm

The Marauders walked into their last game against Flavovespia knowing that they were only needing a single point to secure the group title and to get a much better tie in their opinion in the Round of Sixteen. However when you have a player like Laborious Hawk as your captain and another in the form of Lothas Ludwig as your young star, merely settling for the lowest bar for entry was never really an option. There would be no attempt by the side to merely lose by a single goal to keep their place above the Quebec side who had already finished their group stage, nor would they be looking to play to for just the draw and a point, they were going to go out there and attack from the onset looking for the victory and three points to emphatically take the group title. While the side would take just a draw against a side like Flavovespia who they were seeing as an underperforming team in this group stage, they were not going to play for it from the outside and instead merely take that result if that was the outcome at the end of the ninety minutes.

Harlem Saxstrom was the first off the mark for the side, scoring the opening goal just ninety-three seconds into the match after Hawk sent the Mar Sara striker in past the back line with a perfectly weighted chip and the experienced striker made no mistake with the gifted opportunity. Hawk would go from provider to scorer in the twenty-second minute, as he took a pass from Gideon Riemann and dribbled his way past the defenders before putting in a hard and low shot that was blasted with too much power for Aarif Muhammad to get down quickly enough to. The Marauders were strong and looking to completely take control from the onset and it had been working to great effect through the first half hour. Scott Coleman would breathe a bit of life into the Flavovespia squad just before the halftime whistle, shaking free of Gundersen and being able to beat Julius Miljeteig to the near corner with a very well placed shot. It was a goal that looked to take the wind out of the Vanorian sails, scoring just two minutes before the half ended, but Didrik Gjedrem was not about to let his squad squander what had been a well worked lead.

Ralph Winter replaced Gundersen at the half but that was the only change that Didrik would make, allowing his veteran defender a half off and seeing if Winter was really ready to be part of the squad, starting in the fall with the Qualifiers. However that test would not be very intense as the Vanorian midfield started to overrun their opponents and it came as no big surprise when a Indra Söderström cross met the head of Lothas Ludwig and was into the back of the net in the fifty-ninth minute, reestablishing the two goal cushion. The young superstar would turn in another goal in the seventy-second minute, this time chesting down a cross from Miriam Troegner, a second half substitute for Veliz, and hit the ball on the half volley that went between Muhammad's outstretched arms. The game finished four to one, a score that was perhaps mildly flattering to the Marauders, yet no one could argue that the side did not put in the effort to comfortably have won the match even if the three goal margin was probably one more than deserved.

Now the side gets to take on the Eel-Cat Things from the combined teams of VIlita and Turori, a pair of rivals for the price of one as far as most of the squad will be aware, even if all of them except for Laborious Hawk would not be keenly aware as to why the team from Turori is considered to be one of the rivals to the side. The combined team only lost a single time in the group stage, losing to the Dragonflies of Ko-oren, the team who beat the Marauders to get into the Final of the World Cup just a few weeks ago, and looked rather comfortable outside the one blemish in their game. With a fairly balanced team in terms of attack and defense, there is no obvious weakness for the side to try and exploit to get past a very good combined team from the Vilitan Cove. It instead will be a battle of will versus and skill versus skill, with that being the case it is very hard to look past the Marauders for the game with the team having one of the best players to ever play the game and a youthful superstar that has made everything he has touched turn into gold from the word go.
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Demot
Attaché

Founded: May 20, 2005
New York Times Democracy

Postby Demot » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:59 pm

Alexi Garza was not exactly sure how he had done it, but he had secured sponsorship for the entirety of the Pride League, all twenty teams would be officially professional over the next two to three years, as the money from the trio of deals he had been able to strike started to come through. It was a minor miracle, though that was also what a lot of people inside the association's headquarters were saying about how Demot had somehow won their AOCAF group with a team that was mostly semi-professional players. Having drawn against recent AOCAF and World Cup Champions in the form of Equestria had looked to have been the best result that anyone cheering on the Dynamo could have hoped for in the AOCAF and the team was supposed to merely have celebrated that surprise result with a pat on the back and then been happy to have gotten that. Defeating Qasden was when things started to get interesting, as suddenly the team actually had a legitimate chance of advancing out of the group having gotten results against the top two seeds.

In a somewhat ironic twist of fate, it would be against the unranked team from Jabal Akhdar that things looked like they were all coming crashing back to reality, as the Dynamo were held to a draw by the newcomers to the tournament. That draw made Alexi believe that what he had seen as an already very difficult task was going to make it an impossible one. If the Dynamo could not beat a team that had just now entered into the international footballing scene, then why was it going to be worth the investment in the domestic league of a nation who was never going to be returning to the World Cup? However as Alexi was sitting in a press box in Siovanija & Teusland, talking with representatives from Banija, the Dynamo were doing the unthinkable and absolutely bossing Tropicorp, a game that they would end up going to win three to one. It was an inspired performance and one that seemed to convince the Banija representatives to commit to sponsorship, with both RTC and Orange Sky agreeing to general sponsorships of the league for the ability to operate in Demot.

Yet they would not be the only ones to agree to sponsoring the Pride League that day, with Alexi having met with one of the companies in the host country during dinner after the game. It was an interesting proposal and one that definitely was going to help out the league, Alexi just had to find a way to make it work so that it would not be seen double dipping with it being another airline company after having already gotten Orange Sky from Banija to agree. The company, Sudwestlich, was a regional airline and operated mostly in the subregion that Demot was located, nicknamed the Glorious Southwest by some of the members, and had apparently already sponsored a few teams in their native country. Alexi had a long think about and realized that with Orange Sky being a general sponsorship and first option for Skyhaven FC sponsorship options, it allowed Alexi to use Sudwestlich as the official airline sponsor of the Pride League, and thus the deal was done. The entire deed was done and that was only with two nations, both having been major longshots and one that Alexi had not even considered. For the first time since the tournament began, he could watch the Dynamo without the cloud of this task overhead and they would have a task themselves, getting drawn with Audioslavia in the Round of Sixteen.

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:23 pm

Kizza Kabila, dead at 100 years old- the legacy of the winless Banijan

BUSUKUMA, NATIONAL CAPITOL REGION- Kizza Kabila, 100 years old, and the first manager of the Kadongo Kamu, has been pronounced dead here on the morning of Banija's AOCAF Round of 16 match against Farfadillis. He is a former RBSA Executive Chairman, and was at the forefront of pushing Banija and its national team into the multiverse and World Cup competition. While succeeding in eventually getting Banija to join the World Cup, his record managing the team was disastrous, going 0-12 in World Cup 73 Qualifying and 0-14-1(W-L-D) overall, causing his own resignation after just one World Cup cycle.

So what is the complicated legacy of this man? Most of us aren't old enough to remember- but for years, there was in-fighting about how soccer should operate in this country. It was the era of state leagues, when no national championship was held because of fierce competition between the Regions. And with Banija, at the time, essentially being a fairly poor country, there wasn't really a ton of money to be made anyways, so no forces came together to make it happen. The idea of a national team entering World Cup competition? Outrageous. They'd bomb out. It wasn't worth it. It'd be embarassing.

But when Kabila was RBSA Executive Chairman, he pushed it through and got Banija to enter World Cup 73, and the corresponding Baptism of Fire. The results? Disastrous, like we said. 1 point in the BoF and last place in the group. Took Ls in all 12 World Cup Qualifiers, and got fired. For never winning a game with the national team, he is somewhat rudely nicknamed "The winless Banijan"- a moniker that, unsurprisingly, he did not embrace.

It's interesting- both he and his critics were proven right. He believed that entering national team competition would force the professionalization of domestic club football in the country, and once again, he was right. We did get embarrassed- and did bomb out. But he was right on the long-term. That campaign forced structural reforms- better youth scouting, professionalizing domestic club play, a national league and dumping the state leagues, etc... That eventually allowed us to find enough talented players to win the World Cup.

A lion of the game at home. They'll hold a moment of silence for him tonight in Teusland, as Banija prepares to take on an important rival, Farfadillis. Can we win the game for one of the men who made it all possible?
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:50 pm

Mass Defection Sparks Crisis In Witting
Mark Newton reports from Emberton

Charles Linton's hold on the Government was left hanging by the slenderest of threads yesterday after a dramatic crossing of the floor by a large sub-section of his backbenchers in protest at the treatment of former Food and Farming Minister Stephen Anderson.

Anderson announced in the morning, following his resignation from Reform, that he would be re-joining the Krytenian Democrats. Shortly after lunch, during a debate on curriculum reform, proceedings were briefly interrupted when the thirty-one remaining suspended Reform members silently filed across the Witting chamber, also sitting with the KDP delegation. The move now means that despite only winning four seats at the last election, the Democrats are now the fourth-largest party in the Witting, with their new total of 36 eclipsing the Mercian nationalists.

For Mr Linton and Reform, however, the move leaves them in a dangerous situation. The Government majority in the Witting has been obliterated entirely, and the party now stands nineteen seats short of a majority in the lower house. With opposition to policies from all sides - and, it would appear, from within - Mr Linton will have few friends in the chamber, and it seems inevitable he will face either a no-confidence vote, a leadership challenge, or both, in the not too distant future.

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013
Compulsory Consumerist State

AOCAF 63 Roster

Postby Tropicorp » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:35 pm

Tropicorp began their competitive Footsport program during AOCAF 49 with their first ever match a respectable 0-3 defeat to regional super powers Valanora. The purpose of their participation was to determine if the regional footsport tournament would be a suitable environment for the testing of products such as athletic gear produced by Tropicorp Sports. During AOCAF 50, Tropicorp put out a call amongst a subset of its scientists, researchers and engineers for support on an ongoing project. The project saw Tropicorp scientists, researchers, engineers and other such guinea pigs wearing special fabrics with electronic measuring devices sewn into them in order to aid in their measurements and calculations. The data collected during AOCAF 50 was absolutely invaluable to the project. The experiments were a success and Tropicorp Engineers have been putting the data to the test at Tropicorp locations in Tropicoast and also at a new facility at an undisclosed location, also on Calania. During AOCAF 51, the scientists, researchers and engineers returned to collect some final data points to push them towards the final phase of the project. However, a strange thing happened during AOCAF 51 - the Tropicorp Scientists - perhaps a result of their own detailed research of the game, began not only to be competitive, but to win matches. The Techies actually qualified for the Knockout Rounds and stunned many with their performances until ultimately being knocked out by host and eventual champion nation Valanora.

From there, Tropicorp became a testing ground for the joint Tropicorp-Cocoabo Park led Cocoabo Enrichment and Enhancement Project. The Cocoabo proved to hold their own on the pitch and proved that they were ready for action, seeing action during World Cup 78 Qualifying for Turori and during the XII Olympiad in Novanaya and Vekaiyu - with the Cocoabo team making it all the way to the Olympic final before losing to Darmen and earning the Silver Medal. Until the Cocoabo lift the NS World Cup trophy, however, the work for the scientists and researchers from Tropicorp and Cocoabo Park will not be done. They will continue tweaking, continue training, and continue CEEPing. Now, the focus for the Tropicorp Team is not to perfect the Cocoabo Squad, but to study the makeup of the 'optimum' team - a hybrid Citizen-Cocoabo Roster that could one way or another shape the future of footsport in the Vilitan Cove. This experiment is expected to continue through an entire generation of Cocoabo. While the current generation have made improvements in collaborating on field with Citizen players, they were bred to function as a singular unit. Only with the next generation of Cocoabo is it believed that full, seamless integration between Citizen and Cocoabo players will be possible.

Eligibility to compete on Team Tropicorp is defined as follows:
  • Currently Employed by Tropicorp or in Retiree status with Tropicorp
  • Has resided 3+ Years in Vilita, Turori or Tropicoast

Vilitan Defender Moumouni Verre'elali is eligible for Team Tropicorp as a citizen of Vilita and employee of Tropicorp through Tropicorp FC, however the defender has been chosen for the Vilita and Turori AOCAF Squad.

Goalkeepers
Hanauma Ranbomahi is a 23 year old Vilitan Goalkeeper who qualifies to play for the National Team of Tropicorp as an employee of Tropicorp by virtue of playing their club footsport at Tropicorp FC in the Vilitan League. Any Ranbomahi is expected to play all no fewer then 45 minutes in each match. Tropicorp employee Jorden Calvanese will serve as the emergency backup.

Cocoabo Representative(s):
Cocoabo #88
Cocoabo #89

Defenders
There will be two scientists and two researchers on the field at any given time, with a further 2 scientists and 2 researchers working from the sidelines and prepared to step in if needed. Laurie Kannemeyer is the most experienced on-field scientist defender for the Techies.

Laurie Kannemeyer
Desoro Allene
Doctor Anhary
Kuach Semaj

Cocoabo #58
Cocoabo #57
Cocoabo #53
Cocoabo #59

Midfielders
As with the defenders, There will be two scientists and two researchers on the field at any given time, with a further 2 scientists and 2 researchers working from the sidelines and prepared to step in if needed. They will alternate between central and wing positions. Former Sunrisean midfielder Hasato Kimiki qualifies to play for the squad as an employee of Tropicorp by virtue of being Tropicorp FC's Assistant Manager. Kimiki will reprise his coaching role for the Tropicorp team as well as joining the team on the pitch should they need reinforcements. Greg Narine and Laari Kallimanis lead the Scientist and Research teams in midfield.

Laari Kallimanis
Greg Narine
Oliso Ettori
Narya Kaiakay
Villa Isaaka (Also sub forward)

Cocoabo #61
Cocoabo #46
Cocoabo #65
Cocoabo #64
Cocoabo #67

Forwards
There will be one Scientist, and one Researcher working in tandem and one each from the sidelines. Ashlyn Kojici has been the top performing attacker amongst the Tropicorp Employees.

Ashlyn Kojici
Esojai Mokawe

Cocoabo #91
Cocoabo #99
Cocoabo #98

Team Nickname: the "Techies"

Style: RAND(-5,5)

====================
Invent Names for additional Scientists/Researchers/Engineers: Y
Choose Scorers: Y
GodMod Goalscoring Events: Y

Injure Players: Y
GodMod Injury Events Y

Red Card Players: Y
Yellow Card Players: Y
GodMod Other Events: Y
===================
- Tropicorp -

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:36 pm

Stelburger Zeitung

Keeping Up With the AOCAF’s Republikaliga Stars

The nation has been abuzz with AOCAF-fever for the last few weeks, as many of the world’s top footballers have descended on Siovanija & Teusland with one goal in - sight: the AOCAF 63 championship final right here in Stelburg. And while many are new to these lands, some of the foreign players fighting for the trophy right alongside our Goldhorns are familiar with Siovanija & Teusland - stars for clubs in the Republikaliga. Let’s catch up with those who are contending for the big trophy.

You can’t write a report on Republikaliga players having success on the world stage and not include Lothas Ludwig. The Vanorian forward and Young Galactico has become an incredible success on the world stage, helping lead his country with 6 goals at World Cup 87 in a fourth place finish, and he’s been strong here at the AOCAF as well. 4 goals in his last 2 group stage games, and arguably the top striker in the world at the moment. The FC Felsenkirchen 1879 man might be playing his tournament games in Siovanija, a bit far from the usual stomping grounds of Mollin Park, but Ludwig and Valanora have to be amongst the favourites in this tournament.

Emiliano Gallegas is another of the Republikaliga’s brightest stars, helping lead Energija Chernovets to a league title in season 10, and winning the Golden Ball that year, and he also stars for the Farfadillis national team. The Farves haven’t had an excellent tournament this time, in a tricky group with Chromatika, but they are still here and as always remain a contender. The road to the final can’t be any trickier for them, however: World Cup 86 winners Banija lie in their path in the Round of 16.

Gallegas’s Energjia Chernovets teammate Enigma Armageddon isn’t lacing up his boots for his homeland Chromatika in this tournament, with his homeland sending a U25 squad to the AOCAF. Armageddon, the captain of Chromatika’s senior national team, has arrived in Siovanija & Teusland to be there to support his countrymen and women, and with Chromatika looking very strong so far in the tournament, his presence might be a massive boost to a side who face Northwest Kalactin tonight in the Round of 16. It’s a match they will be favourites in, however, it’s also a bit of score-settling: the two nations are 2-1-2 all-time against each other, and this sixth match could determine the result of the series.

Starblaydia are the #1 team in the region according to the rankings going into the tournament, and on their bench is FK Metropola Borograd midfielder Andreas Sargent. Sargent had an excellent year with Metropola as they climbed into the IFCF places in the league, and his Starblaydia side have been similarly strong here, winning their group and advancing to take on the Busoga Islands in the only Round of 16 matchup that sees 2 Republikaliga players going head to head.

Frank Lundrigan of Quebec was one of two players with the opportunity to play in his club’s home ground, with the Grim Reapers drawn into Group H, hosted in the city of Pomorie/Marzig. That meant, however, that while Lundrigan played in front of a home crowd at TSV Marzig’s stadium, he also played in front of a very, very hostile crowd at FK Pomorie’s stadium, a fanbase still reeling from the Cup Final defeat to their biggest rival. Either way, Lundrigan and the Quebecois impressed to get out of a tricky group, but they will now face a very tough challenge in World Cup 87 finalists Ko-oren in the Round of 16.

The award for the most headlines, however, must go to Delbin Kasekende Jr of the Busoga Islands. He had an exceptional debut season with 1912 Stelburg, and was looking very good indeed for the Busogans at this tournament, in his own club’s stadium no less. And then he was arrested after punching a man outside a nightclub. Quite a way to celebrate an international tournament in your club’s home city. Suspended for the final two games of the group stage, including the 1-0 loss against Siovanija & Teusland on the final matchday, Kasekende Jr has some amends to make with his nation: but what better way to do that then to deliver them an underdog victory against Andreas Sargent and Starblaydia?

The stars will be out to shine as the Round of 16 of the AOCAF kicks off. In addition to all this action, there’s other stories to follow too: semi-pro upstarts Demot against Audioslavia, Baker Park against Tropicorp, and of course, Siovanija & Teusland taking on Krytenia. The Nationalstadion will packed for that one as the home crowd look to give the advantage to a Goldhorns team who looked quite strong through the group stage, advancing top of Group A with a 5-0-0 record and getting exceptional performances from stars, including Thorsten Kramer, Stanimir Ilev and Karl-Heinz Jager. Come on you Goldhorns!

Siovanija & Teusland 1-0 Busoga Islands, @ Nationalstadion, Stelburg, Teusland

Starting XI: Heuser; Steimle, Jager, Maksimov, Vesele; Kramer, Mihailov, Bliznakov; Kogler, Tauscher, Ilev
Goals: Thorsten Kramer 57’
Man of the Match: Thorsten Kramer

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:36 pm

AOCAF LXIII

Round of 16

Siovanija & Teusland 1–2 Krytenia (Scorinated by Banija)

Banija 2–1 Farfadillis

Chromatika 2–1 Northwest Kalactin

Starblaydia 2–2 Busoga Islands (2–2 AET) (3–2 pen.)

Ko-oren 4–4 Quebec (4–5 AET)

Baker Park 3–0 Tropicorp

Demot 3–4 Audioslavia

Valanora 1–0 Vilita & Turori

Quarterfinal Fixtures

Krytenia vs Banija
Nationalstadion, Stelburg, Teusland

Chromatika vs Starblaydia
Draistadion, St. Jakob, Teusland

Quebec vs Baker Park
Olimpski-Stadion, Borograd, Siovanija

Audioslavia vs Valanora
Energija-Arena, Chernovets, Siovanija
Last edited by Siovanija and Teusland on Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:38 pm

The coaches will select the squad from the National Player pool. The latest known members of the National Player Pool are listed below, grouped by position and sorted by projection 'Depth Chart' position where the top player listed is most likely to be named the first player selected for that position, and so on. Depth chart positions are determined by performance in pre-cup training sessions, as well as performance and average ratings in the Vilitan League competition and previous appearances for the National Team.

GOALKEEPERS:
Derizi Amatopa [ - Revolutionaries (EUR) - ]
GK ( AGE: 19 :: [ NT CAPS: 6 :: NT CLEAN SHEETS: 0 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 2 :: V&T CLEAN SHEETS: 0 ] )
TROPHIES :: None
Derizi was trained in the the goalkeeper program at the Eelandii Academy. While in Eelandii, the Youth Team qualified for the IFCF Youth Cup after finishing as Top Turorian Youth side in the Tropicorp Youth Cup. Performances for the Academy resulted in a contract with Sporta Eelandii Senior Squad but the Senior Squad was relegated from the Declasse automatically triggering a release clause for the young goalkeeping prospect. Instead of staying local, Derizi opted to take their talents to Eura joining Revolutionaries as they look to take their career to the next level overseas.

Striitca Virahat [ - Alikki-Corra Academy - ]
GK ( AGE: 25 :: [ NT CAPS: 10 :: NT CLEAN SHEETS: 1 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 9 :: V&T CLEAN SHEETS: 2 ] )
TROPHIES :: [ : World Cup 82 : ]
Virahat is the latest goalkeeping prospect to come out of the Alikki-Corra Academy behind such former Vilitan National Team netminders such as Kalek Intafel. Was part of the roster for Vilita & Turori's AOCAF 56 championship team but did not appear in any matches. Made their internationstatal debut for the Vilitan National Team as a substitute during World Cup 81 Qualifications in a 2-0 victory over Mercedeni.

Timaala Hualtia [ - Inland Peaks FC - ]
GK ( AGE: 25 :: [ NT CAPS: 40 :: NT CLEAN SHEETS: 16 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 19 :: V&T CLEAN SHEETS: 8 ] )
TROPHIES :: : Vilitan Declasse :
Hualtia came through the Eelandii Academy and instantly developed as a future Turori National Team prospect. Played one season for Sporta Eelandii before their relegation from the Vilitan League prompted Hualtia to make a switch to become the starting goalkeeper at Inland Peaks during Season 59. Made first Turori National Team start during World Cup 82 Qualifying in a 2-1 victory over Kelssek. Made first ever World Cup Finals start in the World Cup 82 Semi-Final helping Turori to a 6-3 win over Farfadillis to advance to the Nations first ever World Cup Final.
:: Reserves ::
None

DEFENDERS:
Inteali Koranjo [ - Cazadores Cathair (AUD) - ]
D RLC ( AGE: 22 :: [ NT CAPS: 22 :: NT GOALS: 1 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 17 :: V&T GOALS: 2 ] )
TROPHIES :: The National League (AUD) :
Koranjo was a product of the Jlinal Cove Academy before relocating to the Under-21 Squad training ground in Tivali City. The impressive prospect became one of the youngest defenders to start a Vilitan NT matchup when they made their debut against Vartugia during World Cup 83 Qualifying and would score their first career goal for the NT later that cycle in a 5-1 victory over Mattijana. With Jlinal Cove FC mired in the Declasse Division as they had been for much of their existence, and with the club retaining Koranjo’s rights in the Vilitan League, the player decided to seek an international transfer during the 26th Transfer Window. Koranjo would ultimately sign with Cazadores Cathair after being impressed with the teams performance in the 6th Vilitan Cove Invitational tournament which Cazadores shared a training ground with the Vilita & Turori Under-21 Squad. Koranjo got their Audioslavia based career off to a flying start helping Cazadores Cathair to the National League Title during the 3rd IFCF Cycle and finishing runner up to Istria City in the Atlantian Oceania Champions League.

Narri Sebapilo [ - Makosile United - ]
D C ( AGE: 18 :: [ NT CAPS: 0 :: NT GOALS: 0 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 0 :: V&T GOALS: 0 ] )
Sebapilo debuted for Makosile United at the age of 16 during Vilitan League 63 and made occasional appearances for the side. At the age of 17 Sebapilo became an important member of the Makosile United squad participating in over 50% of the matches during the Makos runner-up campaign that earned promotion to the Vilitan Stellar Division for Season 65. At age 18 Sebapilo would make their internationstatal debut for the Vilita & Turori regional side in the 63rd AOCAF competition.

Lohani Riiyaaw [ - Directus (EUR) - ]
D RLC ( AGE: 25 :: [ NT CAPS: 34 :: NT GOALS: 1 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 42 :: V&T GOALS: 3 ] )
TROPHIES :: [ : World Cup 82 : ] Tropicorp Super Cup :
Riiyaaw was trained at the Tivali City Academy until the age of 16 when they had the opportunity to sign their first professional contract. Instead of staying local with Declasse side Tivali City, Riiyaaw took the opportunity to move internationally. After attracting the attention of foreign bidders, Riiyaaw eventually signed a deal with Internationstatal high-flyers Cassandra City of Cosumar where they earned Runner-Up medals in both the UICA Champions Cup and Atlantian Oceania Champions League in their first season of competition. After the Cosumar League was unable to designate teams to the IFCF, Riiyaaw transferred to back-to-back IFCF Champions Directus of Eura.

Amakli Inuro'o [ - Bastion (EUR) - ]
D RLC ( AGE: 24 :: [ NT CAPS: 70 :: NT GOALS: 8 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 29 :: V&T GOALS: 4 ] )
After making their debut in Turori’s 3-0 World Cup 82 Matchday 5 qualifying match against Cosneolta, Inuro’o would become a regular in the Turori National Team squad eventually becoming a starter for key matches as Turori advanced to the World Cup 82 Final. As a result of their performances, Inuro’o would earn a transfer to Bastion in Eura during the 24th Transfer Window

Kamarela Dzzara [ - Yutzie Sorma - ]
D RLC ( AGE: 18 :: [ NT CAPS: 0 :: NT GOALS: 0 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 0 :: V&T GOALS: 0 ] )

Rojara Tiones [ - Yeaddin Owls AFC - ]
D RC ( AGE: 25 :: [ NT CAPS: 47 :: NT GOALS: 1 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 31 :: V&T GOALS: 7 ] )
TROPHIES :: [ : World Cup 81 : World Cup 82 : ][ : AOCAF 56 : ]
Rojara Tiones progressed through the training programme at the Owls Castle Academy before getting a call to train with the senior team at Yeaddin Owls AFC for Vilitan League Season 58. Tiones was a member of Vilita’s World Cup 82 Championship winning team, having watched the final from the bench as an unused substitute. Tiones was recognized as the Top defensive player in the Vilitan Stellar Division for Vilitan League Season 64.

Inbekira Ajhabekk [ - Iskara Daii (STR) - ]
D C ( AGE: 34 :: [ NT CAPS: 58 :: NT GOALS: 3 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 16 :: V&T GOALS: 2 ] )
TROPHIES :: [ : World Cup 81 : World Cup 82 : ][ : AOCAF 56 : ]
Not much is known about the defender who was born in Vilita to Starblaydi parents. Coming up through the academy system and being capped for the Vilitan National Team, Ajhabekk eventually returned home to Starblaydia when Iskara Daii put out a call of players. Ajhabekk occasionally answers the call to join up with the Vilitan National Team in Alikki-Corra.
Bvalis Amaanara (18 yo) [ - Eelandii Academy - ] ;; Yitizo Mpala'a (38 yo) [ - Lonngeylin Coast - ] ;;

MIDFIELDERS:
Trezisi Rokopolis [ - Jlinal Cove - ]
M RLC ( AGE: 18 :: [ NT CAPS: 5 :: NT GOALS: 3 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 0 :: V&T GOALS: 0 ] )
Trezisi Rokopolis was one of the youngest players in Vilitan Stellar Division history to play a full season for their club as a member of FC Almintora’s ill-fated side that won just two games during Season 63. After Almintora’s relegation to the Declasse, Rokopolis jumped ship to return to Vilita and join forces with Jlinal Cove FC, the side that had pipped FC Almintora to avoid relegation. With Jlinal Cove, Rokopolis helped lead the team to the Vilitan Cup Semi-Finals and scored their first career Stellar Division goal against the Kionao Locals. Rokopolis would get the call to the Vilitan National Team during the World Cup 87 Qualification Campaign and would make their debut against Tequilo. Rokopolis scored their first career goal for the National Team in just their second career appearance, netting the fifth goal in a 5-2 rout of Widaya

Tulaki Rauogba [ - René Skaé (FFD) - ]
A MC ( AGE: 23 :: [ NT CAPS: 16 :: NT GOALS: 2 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 22 :: V&T GOALS: 2 ] )
Top performer at the Mliona-Lpaka Academy with two appearances in the Tropicorp Youth Challenge Cup Final. Was a member of the Vilita and Turori squad that finished as runners-up to Cosumar during the 45th Di Bradini Cup. Also appeared in the 7th Cup of Champions for Vilita though as the team was registered through the Vilita and Turori Association did not lose eligibility for Turori where they are expected to declare for future competitions. Left the Mliona-Lpaka Academy after the teams relegation from the Vilitan Stellar Division to join Apoxian side Oldem Knights. Officially declared for Turori during the World Cup 84 Qualification Cycle making their debut in a 3-0 victory over Guadalajara. Scored their first career goal for Turori on Matchday 11 of World Cup 84 Qualifiers agaisnt 95X. Played one season in Apox before returning to Atlantian Oceania to join Farfishi Champions Cup contenders René Skaé during the 27th Transfer Window.

Cuoabaza Orani’aoa [ - Inura Forests AFC - ]
M RLC ( AGE: 22 :: [ NT CAPS: 11 :: NT GOALS: 3 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 22 :: V&T GOALS: 4 ] )
Youth Starlet who signed a first team at their local club Inura Forests in Turori at the age of 16 years. Was a member of the Vilita and Turori squad that finished as runners-up to Cosumar during the 45th Di Bradini Cup.

Lentali Purama [ - Marine Coast United - ]
M RLC ( AGE: 22 :: [ NT CAPS: 24 :: NT GOALS: 2 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 21 :: V&T GOALS: 2 ] )
TROPHIES :: : Vilitan Cup :
Recruited by Rammsissil AFC at school age to train with the RammsBank Sissil Academy to be evaluated as a potential Rammsissil player in the future. Was a member of the Vilita and Turori squad that finished as runners-up to Cosumar during the 45th Di Bradini Cup. Purama transferred to Marine Coast United for Vilitan League Season 61 and helped the team to back to back appearances in the Vilitan Cup final at the Tivali Ring Stadium, winning the 62nd Vilitan Cup title.

Naraiza Ruaplal [ - Broadview AFC (CBP) - ]
DM C ( AGE: 21 :: [ NT CAPS: 20 :: NT GOALS: 4 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 21 :: V&T GOALS: 1 ] )
A Vilita-Turori Dual national; Ruaplal was a member of the Vilita and Turori squad that finished as runners-up to Cosumar during the 45th Di Bradini Cup. Appeared in the 7th Cup of Champions competition for Vilita although as Vilita technically registered under the Vilita and Turorian association, the player did not sacrafice their eligibility to play for Turori. Became the first Vilita & Turorian player to play domestically in Baker Park after signing with Broadview AFC during the 26th Transfer Window

Khrusan Mlianko [ - Bastion (EUR) - ]
M RLC ( AGE: 21 :: [ NT CAPS: 1 :: NT GOALS: 0 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 20 :: V&T GOALS: 5 ] )
A Vilita-Turori Dual national; Mlianko was a member of the Vilita and Turori squad that finished as runners-up to Cosumer during the 45th Di Bradini Cup. Appeared in the 7th Cup of Champions competition for Vilita although as Vilita technically registered under the Vilita and Turorian association, the player did not sacrafice their eligibility to play for Turori. Joined Euran club Bastion during the 26th Transfer Window.

Imauka Lkomorak [ - KT Moreazerua (AUD) - ]
M RC ( AGE: 17 :: [ NT CAPS: 0 :: NT GOALS: 0 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 0 :: V&T GOALS: 0 ] )
Lkomorak was scooped up by Audioslavia based club KT Moreazerua during the 30th transfer window in a package deal from the Turoki Academy along with Academy coach and Turorian National Team player Mbdiai Akarenaa. The Transfer helped to fund upgrades at the Turoki Academy and included a 25% future sell on clause due to the Turoki Academy should Moreazerua sell Lkomorak in the future.

Lati'ala Giaoka [ - Yeaddin Owls - ]
M RLC ( AGE: 26 :: [ NT CAPS: 63 :: NT GOALS: 12 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 27 :: V&T GOALS: 5 ] )
TROPHIES :: [ : AOCAF 56 : ]
Lati'ala Giaoka impressed from a young age at the Owls Castle Academy and earned their first professional contract with the Yeaddin Owls at the age of 16. During Season 56, Giaoka became the youngest player to appear in a Stellar Division match for the Owls since Mako Canopii made their debut at the age of 16 during Vilitan League Season 50.

Mbdiai Akarenaa [ - Real Azuris (COS) - ]
M LC ( AGE: 35 :: [ NT CAPS: 81 :: NT GOALS: 11 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 16 :: V&T GOALS: 6 ] )
TROPHIES :: [ : AOCAF 56 : ]
Akarenaa started out at the Eelandii Academy before signing a professional contract with Cednia Beach AFC during V-League 47. Akarenaa's time in the Vilitan League didn't last long, however, attracting international interest from Exton FC in Apox. After a few seasons in Apox, Akarenaa returned closer to home moving back to Atlantian Oceania to join Cosumarite club Real Azuris.

Friika Diirotora [ - Kionao Locals - ]
M RLC ( AGE: 18 :: [ NT CAPS: 1 :: NT GOALS: 0 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 3 :: V&T GOALS: 0 ] )
Indelli Nura'amura (41 yo) [ - AC Mariina (MRN) - ] ;;

FORWARDS:
Clarana Refiami [ - Spartangrad (EUR) - ]
F C ( AGE: 21 :: [ NT CAPS: 13 :: NT GOALS: 3 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 19 :: V&T GOALS: 4 ] )
Made their internationstatal debut appearing in four matches during the 7th Cup of Champions competition for Vilita. Scored first career International Goal during against Kita-Hinode in 7th Cup of Champions Semi-Finals. Attracted interest from Eura league teams during AOCAF tournament and made transfer to Euran side Spartangrad prior to the 85th World Cup Cycle

Kala'a Yuliizala [ - Colonial Sile - ]
F C ( AGE: 24 :: [ NT CAPS: 21 :: NT GOALS: 2 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 16 :: V&T GOALS: 7 ] )
A key member of the youth movement at Inland Peaks FC, Yuliizala’s early call up to the senior squad domestically attracted the attention of the Vilita and Turori coaching staff who called the Turorian striker into the AOCAF 57 squad. Yuliizala was part of the Turorian side that made it to the World Cup 82 Final and eventually earned themselves a high profile transfer to Colonial Sile during the Vilitan League’s 62nd season, earning the chance to compete in the IFCF Globe Cup for the first time.

Turakia Diijelhma [ - Cednia Beach AFC - ]
F C ( AGE: 24 :: [ NT CAPS: 36 :: NT GOALS: 5 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 26 :: V&T GOALS: 7 ] )
Diijelhma made their international debut on the multiverse’s biggest stage as a substitute in Turori’s 2-1 World Cup 81 Round of 16 knockout round victory over host nation Banija. Diijelhma would spend six seasons competing for the Yeaddin Owls moving in and out of the IFCF Qualification places but never securing silverware. The Turorian would return home to join up with Turori’s most succesful club of all time, Cednia Beach AFC, in time for the 65th Vilitan League Season.

Nua'oma Aikiki [ - Jungle Strike FC - ]
F C ( AGE: 25 :: [ NT CAPS: 76 :: NT GOALS: 27 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 27 :: V&T GOALS: 11 ] )
TROPHIES :: [ : AOCAF 56 : ] : Stellar Division : Vilitan Cup : Tropical Trophy :
Brought up through the youth system at FC Almintora. Made their international debut on Matchday 3 of World Cup 82 Qualifying and then scored their first career international goal on Matchday five of World Cup 82 Qualifying against Cosenolta. After impressing for the Turori National Team and helping guide FC Almintora back to the Vilitan Declasse Division, Aikiki earned a high-profile transfer to Jungle Strike FC to continue their development in the shadow of Medli’ita Mungwaii. Aikiki’s partnership with Mungwaii helped boost Strike back to the top of the Vilitan League earning trophies in the Tropical Trophy, Vilitan Cup and ultimately the Vilitan Stellar Division.

Enzoril Alabonni [ - Marine Coast United - ]
D/F C ( AGE: 27 :: [ NT CAPS: 61 :: NT GOALS: 30 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 41 :: V&T GOALS: 13 ] )
TROPHIES :: [ : World Cup 81 : World Cup 82 : ][ : AOCAF 56 : ] : Vilitan Cup :
A young prospect originally from Mavaloiao, Enzoril Alabonni moved with their family to the main Island to be trained by Marine Coast United at the Crosaibi Academy. The Mavaloier has height well above the others in their age group and as such often switches between a center-back role and a role as an aerial target in attack. Alabonni, playing mostly in defense, would help lead Marine Coast United to their first domestic silverware in over 40 seasons lifting the Vilitan Cup trophy during Season 62.

Tyoasi Klipark [ - Marine Coast United - ]
F C ( AGE: 18 :: [ NT CAPS: 1 :: NT GOALS: 0 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 0 :: V&T GOALS: 0 ] )
Klipark began their career as a midfield trainee at the Ramzi Youth Academy in Crosaibi before being called to the Marine Coast United Senior squad to cover as a pacey youthful attacking substitute during Vilitan League Season 64.

Loala Inkabu [ - Turoki Academy - ]
F C ( AGE: 18 :: [ NT CAPS: 0 :: NT GOALS: 0 ] :: [ V&T CAPS: 3 :: V&T GOALS: 1 ] )
Berali Tzufarei (40 yo) [ - Rammsissil - ] ;;

I Give My Opponent Permission To:	
====================
Style Modifier: +3.14
====================
Choose Scorers: Y
GodMod Goalscoring Events: Y

Injure Players: Y (Limited to Duration of Competition)
GodMod Injury Events Y (Limited to Duration of Competition)

Red Card Players: Y (TG After RP is Posted to Inform)
Yellow Card Players: Y
GodMod Other Events: Y
===================

Last edited by Vilita and Turori on Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports