NATION

PASSWORD

WGP2 Season 4 – RP/results thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Has the new Vilaye EnergySport-Montagne Livery been leaked?

Postby Vilita and Turori » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:20 pm

Has the new Vilaye EnergySport-Montagne Livery been leaked?

Alikki-Corra Street Circuit, Alikki-Corra, Vilita :: As the first media to arrive and stake out at the Alikki-Corra Street Circuit, Vilita & Turori Racer have been chasing down the final signings of the World Grand Prix 2 offseason with a number of teams still working final contracts with development drivers and sponsors. Of course, the big rumor that cropped up this week was that the Vilisorma Beverage Company and its new Sports Marketing arm "Vilaye EnergySport" were looking to buy into one of the teams in the grid to get one - or both of its World Grand Prix 2 eligible drivers into the field for the first ever Streets of Alikki-Corra Grand Prix. While no official announcements have been made, Vilita & Turori Racer have been informed it is now all but a "Done Deal" for Vilaye EnergySport to buy into the former MontagneF1 operation out of Sierra Grand. As part of the deal, the team would be known as Vilaye EnergySport Montagne GP and sponsorship duties would be shared between the Vilisorma Beverage Company and a number of sponsors that the team had already acquired for the season prior to the influx from the Vilisorma Beverage Company. The big development today, however, seems to be the fact that both Skiia Vialiv and Jama'obo Pegasii would be driving for the Vilaye EnergySport Montagne GP team with the teams owners feeling the experience brought by the veteran driver and former WGP2 race winner Jama'obo Pegasii would be critical in allowing the upstart team to compete for a place on the podium this season. There had previously been rumors that the Vilisorma Beverage Company had been in negotiations with Fireline Motorsports about that teams vacant second seat but those appear now to be unfounded with the expected announcement regarding the partnership between the Vilisorma Beverage Company and Montagne now coming at any moment.

As part of the agreement it is believed that the engineering operation will remain based out of Sierra Grand with Vilaye EnergySport responsible for Driver Development as well as Primary Sponsorship. As part of the agreement between the two entities it is likely that the Vilita & Turori Motorsports garages in Rockii Coast, Vilita will be made available as an alternate home base for the team to use as needed before and after the Streets of Alikki-Corra Grand Prix for preparations as the World Grand Prix 2 circuit begins with two events in Atlantian Oceania. While we await formal confirmation from both sides, a twii.tur user by the name of @flo_sweepa, supposedly a member of the Custodial Staff at the Vilisorma Beverage Company utilizing a throw away handle, has been circulating an image which claims to be a concept livery for the proposed Vilaye EnergySport Montagne GP entry. The image, which appears to be a mobile device picture of a monitor with a graphic editing program open, shows two slightly different open wheel racing cars with #14 Skiia Vialiv in a Teal & Orange Vilaye Energy Drink sponsored machine that greatly resembles the previously unveiled MontagneF1 livery, and below it a #37 Vilaye Roast variant with slight color differences and the name of Jama'obo Pegasii. Of course, with Laura Haukanna having already registered the #37 for this season despite Pegasii's use of the number in prior WGPC campaigns, the veteran may be required to swap to their preferred alternate #87 which they have also used on occasion during appearances on the NSSCRA circuit. More to come from Alikki-Corra as we have it.

Image VILITA & TURORI RACER
@VTRacer

Here is the image that has been making the rounds courtesy of @flo_sweepa. If true, this could confirm @pegasii37 and @skiia will be teammates on the #WGP2 circuit this season. - Our Story Here -

Last edited by Vilita and Turori on Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:24 pm

Leak leaves Fireline reeling, desperate to sign driver for the start of the season

The leak regarding the Vilaye EnergySport Montagne GP team's formation has left Fireline Motorsports reeling. They had previously approached Jama'obo Pegasii through a proxy, and assumed that a deal could be made to bring them on, or their fellow debutant, Skiia Vialiv, from Vilita and Turori. Any deal to sign one of the drivers would have also come with financial and technical benefits for the team, which would have helped set up Fireline Motorsports for a sustainable future.

However, the leak suggesting that the Montagne GP team would effectively be taken over by Vilaye EnergySport has come as a shock to not just Fireline Motorsports, and the rest of the grid too. While it's not confirmed, the leak of the livery and information regarding the deal has not left much to the imagination. This effectively puts any attempts by Fireline Motorsports to sign either of the drivers to bed.

The team now find themselves in a scramble for the remaining drivers left to find a team this season. And there is competition for the best talent remaining, with a number of teams vying for a few drivers. Fireline Motorsports are of course looking for a second driver to come alongside Adriana Kowalski for the WGP2 season. With only a short period of time left until the start of the season, and all the pre-season tests finished, the team are close to finding themselves on the back foot right from the off. It's essential they sign a driver within the next few days, or risk not having a driver for the first race.

However, rumours suggest that the team have sent out an offer to a driver to sign for them for the season. The seat would come with a small pay packet - the team unable to shell out large amounts due to financial constraints - and a supportive team ready to help with long-term technical and personal development. The internal document from the team we have suggests that Fireline Motorsports are offering Luc Deschamps from Sommet de Lespor the second seat in the team. Whether they get their driver will be crucial for the start of the WGP2 season, otherwise they will be forced to continue to search the driver's market for a second driver. Apparently the team will continue to look for other drivers as well, to manage any circumstances that may arise.
Last edited by Ethane on Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:11 pm

For PB-Viska, the third and final pre-season test of WGP2 IV had kicked off in the early hours of the morning. It was a frenzied, energetic, rowdy craziness that bordered on the manic as everyone tried to get everything set as close to perfect as they could be, no matter what it takes.

From an outsider's perspective, it was a fierce, competitive, and intense game of musical chairs, with the people trying to be at the right place at the right time all the time. It was not even the first race, and judging by their aspirations, it's appearing to only get crazier as the season progresses.

And it all starts now, in Cocoabo Park.

"Bring it in, enjoy it all. We're getting close to the first race of the season. Remember, we're not looking for the fastest time as our primary objective. What is important is that we complete our testing program later today. I assure you that if we do that, we will be in a better position to rack those points in the following weeks," Aldauren said in his address to the team immediately before the test session started.

Issue #968 is now available to purchase at our online shop. It is currently on pre-order and will be available for delivery on June 29th.

"I believe we have put together a team of great minds, cars with much potential, and drivers who are rising stars in their own right. I admit we have big shoes to fill, to keep up Viska's prior performance, but our test runs give me something to work with and to be encouraged about. We have a great future ahead of us.", PB-Viska team principal Aldauren Ginintella said during the Cocoabo Park post-test interview.

"What about the rumors that PB has ambitions to compete in the WGPC? What does it mean for you?" a rather inquisitive reporter asked.

"Where you hear about it, I assume it's all rumors and speculations. I don't have anything else to say," Aldauren felt a chill run up his spine. He was being firmly reminded of that day, when he'd been asked if he wanted to step aside from his WGP3 duties and appoint a replacement. He'd been given a choice between leading the PB-Viska joint team or remaining in WGP3. Of course he decided the former, to his boss's expectations (and his own pride as a veteran of motorsport).

Upon further reflection, he realized that he had also given everyone in the team a big break. He no longer drives a racecar, but he felt he made the right choice. The Aurun partnership has been a blessing so far, and the ingredients are present to give PB-Viska a chance to succeed. With his current role, he looked forward to bringing the team to future success.

A few minutes later, during the post-conference wrap-up, Louis came in with a tray full of Prescription Ointments and a glass of wine.

"Drinks are good," he said.

"It's good to see you again," Aldauren replied to Louis. "I'm glad to see you're back... with full of ointments?"

"Well, I... you know that we're prone to sunburn during a weekend across many circuits," Louis answered, looking thoughtfully to Aldauren. "Myself especially. Now, I know it's not really an issue for you, but I... I think it's something you should consider." He paused for a moment. "I've always admired you," he said. "When I was a kid, I always see you in TV, winning races and everything. My weakness was that I was not good enough to drive. Horribly unsuccessful at karting. Luckily, I was able to comprehend how cars work, and here I am. At times, I am dumbstruck that I'm now working with a childhood idol!" Louis chuckled. "It's an honor."

"Sure thing," Aldauren said. He took the glass and had a sip of his wine. "I can't say I can't do much more, except to rely on guys like you in keeping the team together. We all do our respective parts." He then excused himself after catching Devendra Chauhan, Indra Vartak's manager, trying to get his attention. "I'll see you around."

"Bye!"

After letting Aldauren leave to talk with Devendra, Louis slowly walked towards his office. He let this travel time be used to mentally make decisions about the technical orchestra that is the PryForce One. It's not quite WGPC-tier, but it is massively complicated. Not only that, but he took Laura and Indra's feedback into heart. A car is useless if the driver couldn't thrive in it. And if the tech they develop can help them win at the track, so be it.

The first thing he did upon stepping into his office was check the floor and see if there were any signs of people trying to break in. There wasn't. He frowned at the sight of his own floor: it's not aesthetically pleasing, and then began drawing schematics on a chalk board. First, the Preston power unit, then the most important links connecting it, including the transmission. After a minute or so, he came up with a minor portion where a tweak could potentially produce massive improvements in how the car can utilize the V6's power.

What if we do this? he thought. Then maybe we can get a car that actually performs more consistently and reliably toward our end goal: winning the drivers' and constructors' championship?

He started over on a different part of the chalk board, analyzing the layout of the car as he did so. The rear wing was probably a weak point, but he could totally exploit some obscure aerodynamic principle and end up with a more refined downforce/drag trade-off.

"..I don't know," he muttered to himself. "I think I've done that before, and it didn't work."

He then stared down and clenched his teeth. "To think I'm still learning all of this from the bottom of my own ass."

"Shove it," a voice yelled inside him. "Your cars will break down and you have some explaining to do to Aldauren Ginintella," the voice said, along with other things Louis found unmentionable.

Louis stood frozen there for a while, like a statue in a static exhibit of the modern era without any visitors; nothing to witness the storm of uncertainty behind the chief engineer's closed eyes.

Then it opened.

"We'll see," Louis said, merely shrugging and awash with newfound determination.

[1068 words]
Last edited by Diarcesia on Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pratapgadh
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Pratapgadh » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:16 pm

The Season Is On The Horizon
Written In First-Person As Indra Vartak

It was time for the third and final pre-season testing. It was chaotic with all teams looking to make sure their car is perfect as this was the last chance to test their cars. The media outlets were everywhere, including our PRT News Media. The PB-Viska testing program will end soon with the last pre-season testing, with a few tweaks to the car later. My first race is on the horizon and I had to give it my best today. My sister being in the garage to cheer me on also helped a lot. There was both and excitement and nervousness, but nothing can stop me now.

I, Laura and the team staff gathered around as Aldauren spoke to us. He said, "Bring it in, enjoy it all. We're getting close to the first race of the season. Remember, we're not looking for the fastest time as our primary objective. What is important is that we complete our testing program later today. I assure you that if we do that, we will be in a better position to rack those points in the following weeks." The team was excited, this was an opportunity for all of us to do something great. I certainly believed we had a chance against the top contenders. Only time will tell, though.

No time to waste as we quickly prepared for our last pre-season testing. I got in my car, looked over some data and studied the track. PB-Viska have been doing a lot of work on the car, tweaks here and there with the data we gathered in the last two testing sessions. Our effort on the track certainly helped. With all that done, I brought my attention to racing as the race engineers gave us the green light and we were off with our first testing session.

1st Testing Session
Not the best performance this year as I struggled a lot more on this track than any other track I have been on. With my fastest lap being 2:14.534, I was placed seventeenth out of twenty drivers in the session today. I struggled especially on turn 14, where you have to slow down a lot and I lost most of my time on that turn. The radio turned back on and I was told to finish up and get in the pits. That was the end of my first session as I went inside, disappointed with my performance. Luckily, Mr Chauhan, my sister and my teammates cheered me up. Mr Chauhan also said, "No worries, pick it up in the next session. You have done a great job, the team just need a lot of data right now. So you relax a bit and keep your posture. Good job again." Mr Chauhan left and met up with Aldauren and they started discussing something. Mr Chauhan doesn't talk with me a lot right now, but he has been someone who has supported me not just in my racing career, but in my daily life. I still remember that time when I was getting pushed around by a few rich kids from my school. Mr Chauhan gave them a warning to never bother me again, from then on his driver picked me up from school to make sure I don't get ambushed again. Ok, enough with the memories, let's make shit happen in the second session.

2nd Testing Session
A much more satisfying result for me and a great result for Laura who ended second with her fastest lap being 1:53.864. My fastest lap was 1:54.627 while the optimal time was 1:52.222, not bad at all. I still struggled a bit on turn 14, but got the hang of it after a few more laps. I did as many laps as I could before my team called me back in. I came inside the garage with a much more lively face after a good session giving each other a pat on the back for a great team effort. Laura Haukanna also finished her second session and got back in the garage, greeted by her two sisters. Mr Chauhan and Garima (my sister) also gave me a high-five. All of us had a group discussion had a few laughs before packing up. We were really excited for the first race of the season and were ready to show some magic. That was session two and the end of our pre-season tests.

When we got out, the PRT News Media guys caught up to me and asked me a few questions. The interviewer asked, "As the first Pratapgadhi to be racing in the WGP2, how do you feel?" and I answered, "It's a huge honour to represent my nation on an international stage. Over the next few years, the people here will recognize the name. I just hope that more Pratapgadhis get the opportunity to full fill their dreams here." She asked another question, "We also wanted to know a bit about you as a boy from a village fam-", I interrupted them and said, "Can we not, please? I am tired of those questions and today has been a tiring day! Leave me alone." I sounded a little harsh, should have talked in a lighter tone.

Mr Chauhan patted me on the back and said, "I understand..."

Words - 908
Cricket Rankings
  • Test Cricket: 11th (out of 12)
  • ODI: 25th (out of 48)
  • T20I: 12th (out of 39)
Cricket Stats

Updated on 28 February, 2021 (15:51 NZT)
Sarvatra Vijay (Victory Everywhere)
Pratapgadh Domestic Sportswire

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:29 pm

The scene—a conference room at the PRL complex, with all of the main players involved in CommOil Scuderia Orange Cow: Mike Lambert, Ed O'Malley (aero), Paul Valentini (engineering), Kevin Ammaker (chief mechanic), Vaughn Estes and Sudil Choudhary (race engineers), Vic Marzetti (CFO) and Jill Franklin (commercial director)

“I honestly can't believe that not one driver of any persuasion or skill level hasn't given us a sniff”, Marzetti groaned. “We're 72 hours from loading up and heading to Vilita with no one to drive either car.”
“I thought this might be where the problems would come up, we're so late into the game that anyone still unsigned is in that state for a reason.” Lambert was concerned, but he didn't see things as hopeless. “Paul, realistically, how far off the pace can we expect to be if Crowe is our only option for this weekend?”

“Three, four seconds? The fact it's a street circuit will cover up for some deficiencies but I think if we can make sure that he stays out of trouble early, and pounds out laps so we can some decent data, it's worth a shot rather than not running at all, seeing as we won't be to run at Vale until after the race weekend there.”

The LiteSpeed Mobile Grand Prix of Baker Park was due to be the second race meeting on the season calendar at Drummond Vale, which was really the only international standard track in the country; WGP2 would be the biggest event ever held there in its 47 year history which has seen it host touring cars, open wheel midgets and Formula BP, which was the next rung on the ladder; sports cars, go-karts and motorcycles.

Jordan Crowe knew the track well, as he'd raced in all of those series at some point in his career (except motorcycles), which was one of the reasons the team had invited him to help out with testing the PRL01-2; he'd been champion in karts, midgets and FBP, so he was one of the most experienced open wheel drivers at the ripe old age of 25.

“Vaughn, Sunil, you've both worked with him, your thoughts?”
Vaughn Estes knew Crowe well enough, as they were from the same part of the country (Southeast) and he'd been part of other teams in the same category on two different occasions.

“If we're debating whether to run him, I'd say yeah. He's not the greatest at feedback on a technical level, but he's sharp, listens, has good consistency and instincts. Sun?”

Choudhary didn't have much else to add to his colleagues' opinion. “He's got the miles in the car, he should get a shot.”

“Jordan goes with us. If nothing else, he deserves one shot. We've got the livery sorted, Jill?”
“Yes sir. And thanks to your performance at the launch Mike, we picked up an additional quarter from Laur's for the rear wing endplates and the nose cone under the numbers.”

Lambert smiled. “Make sure to get them a few all-access passes for the Vale race. Glad they have a sense of humor and an eye for promotion.
Laur's Dairy was part of the Witmer-Laur Dairy Products Group, the Commonwealth's largest producer of milk, ice cream, cheese, yogurt, butter & margarine—which in turn was part of the HBA Farm & Food Corporation. Bringing them into a secondary sponsorship role meant that the team had four of the biggest publicly traded corporations in the nation supporting them financially.

Once the meeting broke up, Mike Lambert returned to his desk and flipped through his legal pad where he'd been trying to keep track of potential driver signings. He opened up his browser and composed a short, to the point email that he hoped might be the breakthrough the team needed (and deserved, as far as he was concerned).

To: Justin Costa (Pedro’s Agent)
Subject: Scuderia Orange Cow

Justin,
I've been given your contact info from a mutual acquaintance, and understand you are the representative for Pedro Carballal. We are seeking a driver to fill one of our open seats in the team immediately, as the first race meeting of the WGP2 season is drawing closer.
In order to be able have Pedro in the seat as the nominated driver for the race in Valanora, we absolutely need to have at least an outline of a long term agreement in place in the next 48 hours. We are prepared to cover all expenses and offer an interim retainer to Pedro should he wish to pursue this opportunity.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience via reply or on my mobilie at +304-16-3463-865 to discuss the situation further.

Yours,
Michael Lambert
Team Principal
Scuderia Orange Cow

(796)
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

SPONSORED CONTENT: Anneliese, by Leinas Timepieces

Postby Lisander » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:46 am

Some names are special because they bring with them a lot of history. To celebrate our contract with two of the most brilliant athletes in our nation, we designed an exclusive, numbered-edition watch in honour of a name. Anneliese. Not a myth, because myths crystallize with time. Maybe it's fair if we call it a Dinasty. Because long before the WGPC Driver Anneliese Devereux and the pro tennis player Anneliese Damsgard, both nicknamed Sissie... there were others. And before any other, we had a special one.

Anneliese de Viana, our mother founder and first princess, nicknamed by dozens of era sources as Sissie, the Edelweiss of North. She was a strong woman. She was a beautiful woman. She captured the heart of Johannes the first, his cousin, since a tender age. She was a woman-at-arms, fighting in the Isennian Wars before escaping to the Azhaar archipelago (that we currently call Lisander after her grandson). She was a lovely mother of five. She had "an entire universe inside her eyes", according to her husband. From Johannes and Anneliese diaries we have various data about life in the 1400s, but two facts in special inspired the design of this watch.

Firstly, Johannes loved Anneliese intensely and devotedly. Every day he made a point of reminding her of their wedding vows. "Do you wish to make your happiness depend on his/her happiness, giving by the example of your union a visible sign of God's friendship on earth?" is still used as part of the modern rite of religious marriage in Lisander. Johannes usually said to her "My happiness is yours."

Secondly, Anneliese loved nature, especially the flowers and the sky. She had Edelweiss, as she was nicknamed, but her favourite flowers were the beautiful (and human-made) Blue roses. Blue was her favourite colour. Sissie was the first woman to master the dyeing of roses in Isenna. Her father, Quentin Ferrer, Baron Ferrer of Queiroz (in Isenna), was known for spending a lot of money in the expensive blue dye, for Sissie to plant and have her favourite blue roses. Sissie is also remembered in the blue rose of the Coat of Arms of Soria, the capital city of Lisander. And both the blue from her roses and the universe from her eyes, our designers designed the Anneliese special watch, under the special license of its descendants, the Princely Family of Lisander.

As with any product licensed by the Princely Family, 30% of the profits from the sale of the 400 manufactured units will go to the Princesses of North Foundation, which provides education, sports and opportunities for girls from disadvantaged families in Lisander.

PREV | 440 | NEXT
Last edited by Lisander on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Sahuarita
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Sahuarita » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:39 am

Office of Justin Costa
Justin dialed in some numbers on the phone, he needed to reach Pedro quick.

“Pedro, I need you here ASAP, we have a huge breakthrough.”

“Really Justin? What happened?”

“I can’t tell you right now, I need you in the office.”

“Alright, I’m on my way there!”

Justin was estates about the news he had received, Pedro was going to have a chance to race for Scuderia Orange Cow, despite the name, he could help them shape up to be a pretty strong team. 30 minutes later, Pedro arrived.

“Pedro, huge news, Scuderia wants them to race for you.”

“Really?!? Holy cow, I could get the race on the world stage!”

“Alright now, shall we send an email back to them?”

“Of course, why not?”

“Alright, lemme write this up.”

To: Michael Lambert
Subject: Re: Scuderia Orange Cow

Hello Michael, we would like to confirm our intent to race for you guys this year.
Thanks, Justin and Pedro

“Alright, with that, we just sit back, not too much time til the season starts...”

(180 words)
The WCC Main Nation of Northwest Kalactin

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:26 pm

SOC offers Pedro Carballal a seat for the upcoming season.

SOC confirms that Jordan Crowe will drive in the opening weekend's races with an eye to signing a permanent drive for his seat prior to Round 2.

Crowe's trigramme should be CRO (I think I made an error on the signup)
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Hodori Motorsports
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hodori Motorsports » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:09 pm

Kudakei, Hodori
Driving Park Kudakei

“Okay, how about we not catapult off a gravel trap and plant ourselves ass-first and upside-down in the armco this time?” An’ue spoke into the radio as Kuyara left the pit lane and began her outlap.
“Session complete, box this lap please.” An’ue checked the timing screen as Kuyara’s rented Junior Formula car sped down the main grid straight. For her overall lack of experience and the age of the chassis, her times were surprisingly quick and consistent.
What we are doing now is practicing starts.
Rightt hand actuating the wheel-mounted clutch paddle and ready to shift out of netural, left foot flooring the brake, right foot modulating the throttle, getting the engine to the ideal launch speed as described to her by Sayono. “Maybe we should have started with that first.” Kuyara radioed back, eyes fixed on the starting signal. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.

Green.
Shift into first, release the clutch and brake. Launch out of her starting position.

Or such was the plan.

The car lurched forward, then came to a stop.
We didn’t want you to burn out the clutch before you could get some laps in. Reset, try again.
“Seems like renting a second car for your practice starts was a good idea after all.” An’ue handed Kuyara a can of beer. “Still, it’s almost amazing how quickly you mastered that.”
“Still not quite used to it, using my feet to control speed and not yaw, and my hands for steering and not pitch, roll, and throttle.” Unopened can in her hand, Kuyara imitated the controls in a racing car cockpit, then a fighter jet cockpit.
“Either way, you seem to be fairly quick on the uptake, so that should make things better for you with regards to getting a seat.” An’ue opened her can and took a sip. “But it’s not a guarantee. When we get back to Soeshu I’ll have to call in some favours with the family, see if they’d be willing to offer some sponsorship money.”
“By ‘the family’, you wouldn’t happen to mean the same Toudeyaku as Toudeyaku Logistics Services, would you?”
“Yes.” An’ue took another sip. “Seems you’ve done your research.”
To: Micheal Lambert
From: An’ue Toudeyaku <toudeyaku.anue@team-tengu-racing.net>
CC: Sakiteno Kuyara <kuyara98403@infinet.co.hd>
Subject: Scuderia Orange Cow

Mr. Micheal Lambert,

I am contacting you on behalf of my client, Sakiteno Kuyara. Ms. Kuyara is a former Hodori Air Defence Force pilot, and is familiar with performing in high-stress situations. Despite her inexperience in a racing car, she has shown herself to be a fast learner in private testing.

Ms. Kuyara will bring with her the financial backing of AtaGO Global Logistics, a subsidiary of Toudeyaku Logistics Services. If she is accepted as one of your drivers, this sponsorship will be worth a total of 20,000,000K, or approximately $571,000 NSD, and will be paid out per race.

Regards,
An’ue Toudeyaku

From: Gazanarikeyu Racing <sponsorships@gazanarikeyuracing.co.hd>
To: VSK-Maarukanna Racing
Subject: ENSADRINK Sponsorship

To whom it may concern,

With apologies for the regrettable delays, Chiruno Hakusoe brings with her ENSADRINK as a personal sponsor. The monetary value of this sponsorship is 50,000,000 Kerai, approximately $1,429,000 in International Standard Dollars. Additionally, we will also supply your team with drink blends. We do not seek a title sponsorship position.

Attached is the ENSADRINK wordmark for placement on the cars at your earliest convenience.

Warmest regards,
Kato Kume
Gazanarikeyu Racing
Attachment: wordmark.svg

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:59 pm

To: An’ue Toudeyaku <toudeyaku.anue@team-tengu-racing.net>
Subject: Re: Scuderia Orange Cow

An'ue,

Forgive my forwardness, I didn't want to offend by using the wrong title.

We are are indeed in search of another driver, to commence with Round 2 of the WGP2 season. If you are going to be in Vilita for the race, I would be glad to finalize the details with you. We can certainly work around Ms Kuyara's inexperience.

yours
Michael Lambert
Team Principal
Scuderia Orange Cow.
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Race 1: Family

Postby Chromatika » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:22 pm

Hotel Room
Alikki-Corra, Vilita & Turori

At least they were still in Atlantian Oceania, and the Chromatik government had been kind enough to fly out her parents along with her.

It was fun to be with them again - Beatrice doting on her while Niles was regaling her with the stories of his recent customers. They were a very tight knit group that could almost finish each other's sentences. It was said that people drifted from their family when they got older; with the Melanis, they'd grown closer as Anola discovered racing and started competing in the circuit.

After the initial problem with her not telling her parents about her decision to commit to racing, her Mother and Father had become huge supporters in her racing career. Niles was the one that had gotten her in touch with the people at Death Templars Law Firm while Beatrice was at every race that she'd ever been in. In fact, despite her best efforts, her parents were trying to come up with a way for Beatrice to come to every one of Anola's races in the WGP2. Some of the places were quite far away from Chromatika or even Atlantian Oceania, but her parents had saved quite a bit of money and were willing to spend it - who were she to argue?

Since they were part of the same team, she even introduced her parents to Ted Pressley of Tumbra, the other driver for Kaylan. Ted, like Anola, was quite shy, and her parents respected that; the visit was short, cordial, and pleasant. She was quite blessed to have a teammate that was a quiet gentleman and not a flamboyant character, and she wasn't going to stop reminding herself of that anytime soon.

The race at Alikki-Corra would be a very important one in Anola's career: the very first one where she goes up against racers from other countries to represent not only the Melani name but the nation of Chromatika as a whole. Like many other sports - handball, rugby, lacrosse, to name a few - Chromatika was quite a newcomer to the world of motorsports, with only half a dozen events every year run at a rudimentary level. This course was bigger than any that she'd been on in Chromatika, and to imagine it being filled to the brim with racing fans from all over the world gave her a sense of equipment that she had never felt before. She imagined what it would be like to have the fans cheer on her name.

This was going to be something else. Her parents fed into her excitement by levels of their own, very happy to see the very scale of the endeavor that their daughter had become involved in.

Finding a moment alone to herself with her parents talking in the next room, Anola took a bit to calm down. She could feel the familiar tension in her chest, her eyesight narrowing. It had been years since she'd had a panic attack, and she noticed the signs of one starting

She sat down on her bed and started a breathing exercise to calm herself down, just like she had learned from Ms. Riler all those years ago. It worked; her pulse began to slow down, and her vision focused.

She was going to have to make sure that she didn't go too fast, or she wasn't going to be able to enjoy this at all.

This was a huge step forward, and it deserved the attention it was getting.

A smile crept over her face.

One way or another, this was going to be fun.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Auruna
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Auruna » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:32 am

Livonsk, Auruna
A quiet day, a disappointed Haru. Another test he missed and it left him wondering what happened. He set his phone on the coffee table, expecting a call... then it came. Kraine is calling, Haru quickly answers the call.

"Kraine, tell me everything."

"Okay, it didn't get to them before the test but we were informed that you're confirmed for that seat."

"Vitta, I missed three tests, completely unprepared."

"Don't worry Haru, you'll get familiar with the equipment soon enough."

"The pressure is on. I'm all for it."

"Aye, good luck mate."

Cocoabo Park Circuit
Pre-season Test

Diarcesia wrote:"Bring it in, enjoy it all. We're getting close to the first race of the season. Remember, we're not looking for the fastest time as our primary objective. What is important is that we complete our testing program later today. I assure you that if we do that, we will be in a better position to rack those points in the following weeks," Aldauren said in his address to the team immediately before the test session started.

It was a familiar one to most of Viska, and Laura is one of them. Having heard similar ones from Jöna... yep, this team definitely feels like home. She was excited, couldn't wait to get out on track. After a quick warm up, she talks to the mechanics about the setup before hopping into her car. Then, the first session of the final test starts.

Another wet weather test, at least they can gather a lot of data. While Laura is used to slippery conditions, she doesn't have any experience with that in open-wheelers so it's a new experience. Lap after lap around this unusual circuit. She doesn't attempt to do a flying lap firs the first session. "Slippery." She said. "Too slippery." Then she heads back to the pits followed by some good news. The team has data regarding the circuit from Viska's previous visit there. How could she forget that? Artur told them about it over and over. Anyway, it's time to get out again. A few minor adjustments to the setup and she's on her way out. Keeping it calm for now. She then follows it up with a few "fast" laps to get completely used to the wet surface come raceday. She lands herself on P13 with a 2:12.949 for the first session.

The second session came, it was all dried up. In her head, she keeps saying. "Time to go flat-out." Before she gets in her car, her rally mindset suddenly clicked. Once she sees the green light, she was one of the first out. Using all her available time to gain mileage on-track, gathering data for the team in order for them to be prepared for the upcoming race. After changing to softs, she decided to go a bit faster. Why not? First flying lap was alright. She was slightly faster the next. "Come on, this is it. I can feel it. Aina, etterä."

"Green S1 and S2, purple S3. You're P2 with 1:53.864."

She was done, with only a few minutes left.

Back at the garage, after being greeted by Juno and Kata on her return and a few conversation with the others, she was sitting on a chair, exhausted. Kata brings her a cup of coffee and some Säikkärintiibrot (special Karalinne sweet bread) to refresh her. She takes a bite off of the bread, looking around, she smiles, happy for everyone in the team. Hopefully she could keep that kind of performance at the races. She can feel the pressure already but for now, she was advised to get some rest. Time to pack up and head back home.

VSK Racing Test Track
Sterlennau, Auruna

After running the three pre-season tests with a plain blue car, VSK finally unveils their livery for this WGP2 season. Out on their test track, under the natural light of the sun, both cars are showcased. It was then followed by a few laps around the test track to round up the reveal.
The Car
Chassis - VSK RF-21 "Lumikina"
> Length - 5130mm
> Width - 2285mm
> Height - 1127mm
> Weight - ~740kg (max fuel + driver)
Engine - VSK 4R25-TT Wankel Rotary
Power - ~700 HP @ 9500 RPM (Detuned from 950 HP)
Torque - ~530 Nm @ 7000 RPM
Rev Limit - 11.700 RPM
Gearbox - 6-speed KP Karintaa-C sequential gearbox
Other features:
- LKP secondary air injection anti-lag system
- Zorten E-Series Standard Helmet HUD
- Zorten ECU + Instrumentation and telemetry system
- MNA-Zorten M2 Steering Wheel

The Sponsors
Nela Kina | ネラキナ (tl. Four Fox) - Title sponsor. It is an Aurun beverage and dessert company known for bringing sake to Auruna where it became their most popular product. Had previously sponsored Krazivaran and Viska in the domestic series.

Zorten - An Aurun oil and tech company which supplies all teams in the MNA with high performance engine oil and fuel. Their subsidiary of Zorten Computers makes custom electronic components for the teams. They sponsor one race of the AEC at Novinaya where they are based in.

MNA - The national governing body for motorsport in Auruna that helped with the rise of motorsport in the country. They handle everything motorsport-related with their own news site, messaging app, forums, and other various things. They also fund the teams and circuits in Auruna.

Hyde Medical Group - A Kanyean hospital, pharmaceutical and research firm and the 7th biggest company in St. Kanye. They are the primary sponsor of Kanyean NSSCRA driver Jeremiah Brooke. Was previously featured on the WGPC Viska now after a deal with the MNA, they are now on the front wing end-plates of the VSK.

ENSADRINK - A beverage company and personal sponsor of current VSK driver Chiruno Hakusoe. After a late deal with the team, they are now featured on the rear wing of the VSK.

The Livery
4 - Sakinomi Rikikida | Kyoki Chudoku
21 - Chiruno Hakusoe | Hodori
#RiseAuruna!
#NagrüvaAuruna!

Note: I don't primarily use NS stats
Auruna's attackers in wars, in a nutshell
Clarkson : "Richard Hammond...
how's the braking going?"
Hammond : Sliding down the slope
"That's going well... it's going well."

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AURUNA
Litävinnenazyonalla Auruna

#ConLangGang
"Logistics is a fun mess of confusion and ammunition." - Auruna, 2020

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:07 am

And just like that, it was time.

The tests had gone decently well. It was time for another whirlwind of events, all leading up to the first race of the season. A street circuit. Ted's heart sank when he saw the track map - a gargantuan mess of a circuit, with chicanes, esses, 90 degree corners and a final chicane section that he'd have to basically throw the car into to have any hope of getting a result. He always never liked street circuits - they were tight, twisty, and generally didn't give him enough of a chance to stretch the car's legs - but at the same time, it was his technique that helped him here. He talked over race strategy with Simon, who assured him that they could probably pull through with a one-stop on the highly technically demanding track.

Now Ted was in yet another hotel room - darkened, with the curtains pulled shut, allowing just the tiniest sliver of light to filter through and hit the bottom of the floor. It was hot outside, typically so in Vilita and Turori, and perhaps smotheringly so in the tropics, but in the room, it was chilling to the bone. This was the zone Ted liked to be in - where he went before each race, to empty his mind of anything and everything, and to fully focus on the race ahead. Hotel rooms in other countries didn't matter when it was all dark and the beds all felt the same. It was, in a world where things moved extremely quickly and they moved about from country to country within weeks, the closest he could get to a stable environment.

Focus.

"That's a P3 in this test, Ted. P3. Excellent work, the conditions'll be similar at the first race. Good speed, good testing - we got a lot of data, and we're right up there."

The car itself was a beaut to drive - it handled like silk, naturally complementing his driving style by being more aggressive than he was, allowing him to focus more on overtaking - but still found a way to be soft on tires, meaning he'd be able to go far. Perhaps he'd be able to suggest that tuned mass damper idea he and his father had cooked up one night, and add that to the front wing...

"Who do you think are the team to beat - besides yourselves, of course?"
"I'd have to say it's either VSK or Nykipiflugpuun Noortekoondis. But of course it's a very open field, and we haven't gotten the full glimpse of what every team can do."

The competition. It was strong - 27 other drivers from 13 other teams, one of them being a late entry. He hadn't paid much attention to those drivers at the back, though. And everyone knew tests weren't an indication of speed, though there had been several drivers - Fichter and Kowalski - who had stood out throughout the tests. No matter. He and Melani would come out on top. They understood each other. They'd been gelling. She even introduced him to her parents the other day...while he was eating breakfast in the hotel lobby.

"Hey Ted, I wanted you to meet my dad and mom. This is my dad, Niles, and my mom, Beatrice."

Ted had immediately stood up, flashed as big a smile as he could when faced with an unexpected social situation, and shook hands with them. The meeting was short and pleasant, and somehow he felt like he got to know Anola on a somewhat better level. When she said that her dad was an engineer...she wasn't kidding. Charlie Pressley was born out the same mold as Niles Melani. He'd love for them to meet. One day.

A unit. They were starting to gel, hopefully, and this partnership would be one that would serve them well throughout the season. But for now...practice. Qualifying. On the behemoth that was Alikki-Corra. It would be fun. Hopefully it would be. But in the meantime...

Focus. Just empty your mind.
Last edited by Tumbra on Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:36 am

Despite being far from the Isles in Vilita & Turori, this wet morning session at the Cocoabo Park Circuit felt strangely like home to Joy.

“Well done Joy, you’re P4, one second away from Adriana at the top. Box, box.” She swore slightly as she heard Kaspar’s voice over the radio; she was hoping to have got ahead of the Valentian on that last run.

“Copy that.” She pulled her car back into the pits. It had rained throughout the session, but with the curves of this forest circuit that were strangely reminiscent of Hessington, she was hoping to have an advantage. Never mind. In reality, it had been the first time the team had broken out the wet tires. She suddenly became curious about the other side of the garage. “Thanks Kaspar. Pit stop practice when I come in?”

“Affirm Joy.”

She brought the car into the box as the pit crew grouped up to replace the tires. A fairly swift stop later, she was ready to get out and look over the data from the first three hours of the day. Heinz pulled into the other side of the TMW garage for a similar procedure as her car was lifted into the garage.

As the helmet came off, she looked up to the timing screens to see who was between her and the top in this session. Adriana was at the top, as Kaspar had mentioned, with Laukkanen and Rousseau following.

“Good run Joy!” Her father clapped her on the back, which would have startled her if not for the warning of his booming voice that preceded it.

“Thanks Dad, can’t complain really. Grateful we got a chance to test the wets out before the start of the season.”

“Indeed, hopefully plenty of information between you and Heinz eh?”

“Yeah for sure.” Joy was distracted. She loved her dad, but it was getting so close to the first race in Alikki-Corra that she was devoting all of her focus towards that. There was one occasion, in her grumpy teenage years, where she had told him at a race in Colesham that he was in the way by being in the garage. She hadn’t said it since, because she had never seen him look more saddened in her life. That didn’t mean she didn’t think it sometimes though.

There was a lunch break before the team meeting that would precede the afternoon session, and Joy was hoping to spend it somewhere quiet. Unfortunately, there didn’t seem to be many of those places at these tests. Eventually, she found herself sitting down next to Heinz as they both ate.

“How did you find it out there Heinz?” She was very aware that his father had a lot to do with this team, so while she didn’t defer to her teammate by any means, she knew it was better to keep him onside.

“Felt much better than the afternoon in Yogyakulta didn’t it?” She nodded in agreement; she was over two seconds off the leader in the afternoon in Filindostan after she had a spin into the hairpin at turn 6. Whether it was the car or her, something was much better here than it was there.

“Yeah, it feels like I found it much easier to handle this time even if the weather was worse. Maybe I’m just getting more used to the car!” They both chuckled, and they went briefly quiet as they ate. A thought occurred to Joy. “Hey Heinz, mind if I ask a question?”

“Sure.” He sat up as if he was worried about something.

“Nothing big, don’t worry. I was just wanting to check if you were okay with my dad hanging around the team a lot at the minute?”

“Ah, that! It’s not a problem for me. He’s brought a positive air to things.” Heinz seemed to pause for a minute. “It’s strange, I’m not necessarily used to people not in black and gold giving positive feedback, but he’s said something nice whenever I’ve bumped into him.”

“Yeah, everyone in the Isles used to say that he was the nicest person in karting!” She mentally noted the comment about a lack of positive feedback; though she hadn’t seen much of Gotthard, Heinz’s father, she got the sense that he and Petrus were rather different.

They continued with some small talk as they ate. It looked like the clouds were breaking, so they were preparing for the afternoon session to be quite different from the morning.

“How is the track looking out there Kaspar?” Joy was sitting in the car once again, ready to go for the afternoon session, which was indeed much drier than the morning.

“Difficult to tell right now. I’m not sure whether it’s best to go now on the intermediates and set a time on those, or to wait for others to dry the track up and just go with the slicks.”

“Worth a go on the slicks now?”

“Negative, I think the surface will still be too wet. Let’s do a run on the inters, that way we can see if things have improved since last time.”

“Alright, sounds good.” Joy noticed less movement amongst Heinz’s crew, but that was fine. She didn’t know how much data they had got already, or what their plan was for this final test.

She took the car out of the pits, seemingly one of the first to venture out in this session. She tried to take it slow around the out lap to get a sense for what the track was doing, but thought she would go for a proper run after that.

All seemed to be going well through the rather fluid corners here, until she hit the brakes going into 12. The car locked up, smoke off the tires, and she only just managed to stop the car before it buried itself in the wall.

“Shit. Sorry guys, not sure how the car is looking.” She slapped her hand on the wheel. It was a stupid mistake.

“Box, box Joy. We’ll take a look.”

As she brought the car slowly back to the pits, she cursed herself under her breath. That was not the way to start a session. She got out of the car in the garage to take a look. The front wing had buckled slightly, but otherwise there wasn’t too much external damage. Kaspar said she would be able to go out again pretty soon.

She ended up, once again, fourth on the timing sheet after a good run on the slicks. It had been a fairly consistent weekend in that sense. However, as she pondered the day, she couldn’t help but focus on that one moment. Was she trying to be a bit too aggressive? She thought it over. She needed to focus on her drive, not anyone else’s. She couldn’t let the rest get into her head; she knew that she’d chucked the car around because of wanting to get the best time, which was just ridiculous. It’s only a test, and the aggressive style didn’t suit her. If she drove her way, she would be fine.

Right?
Two Time Esportivan Champions

Hodori Motorsports
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2010

Postby Hodori Motorsports » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:04 am

Soeshu, Hodori
Team ten*GU Headquarters

Sitting down at her desk, mug of coffee in hand, An’ue Toudeyaku checked her emails.

After checking available flights and cross-referencing the race calendar, she wrote a quick response to Lambert.
To: Micheal Lambert
From: An’ue Toudeyaku <toudeyaku.anue@team-tengu-racing.net>
CC: Sakiteno Kuyara <kuyara98403@infinet.co.hd>
Subject: Re: Re: Scuderia Orange Cow

Mr. Micheal Lambert,

We can be in Vilita as early as the Wednesday before the race meeting. We look forward to meeting you.

Regards,
Ms. An’ue Toudeyaku
Message sent, she purchased the tickets and notified Kuyara of their departure later in the day.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:07 pm

Nexus Racing HQ, Crossbay Circuit, Nimbus Bay, the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
30th of March

Nexus Racing Internal App: Talk

Current Talks: 4
Participants:
* Project Manager Gertrude Thompson
Head of Communications and Public Relations Karl Rain
+

at 10:11 today Head of Communications and Public Relations Karl Rain

- Invited Gertrude Thompson to talk.

I am pleased to report that Haru Jukkenna is now a part of Nexus Racing, pending the signing of a contract confirming it.

Project Manager Gertrude Thompson at 10:17 today

Nicely done! Auburn’s already halfway to getting that ‘pending’ to ‘completed’, I’d guess?

at 10:21 today Head of Communications and Public Relations Karl Rain

She is checking over the existing template for loopholes as we write, even while we await confirmation as to whether an Aurun translation will be required. She is also asking whether she will have autonomy over the contract itself.

Project Manager Gertrude Thompson at 10:22 today

So long as we don’t uncover Hael’s treasures! Standard three years with conversion to WGPC, Janne taking priority. She knows what she’s doing.

Gertrude smirks. “Oh, absolutely,” she murmurs to herself, withdrawing her tablet to its position under her arm as she walks on, “and I am so glad she likes that kind of work. Technicalities are where the Nexus meets the Maelstrom…”

Not Mardolf’s, that one. That one’s mine.

Grinning, Gertrude continues down the corridor, trilling the tune of a ballad from the Nimban origin universe to herself. Haru, in the end, had been the obvious choice for their second WGP2 seat; he’d showcased some promising speed backed up by tactical thinking on track during the Driver Academy Series and especially impressive focus off it. He was proof that their new system was at least some way to working, that Neil Foxtrot’s talent scouting and the Academy programme could find and foster success.

That did not, of course, mean that it could not be improved – which was why Janne being back was also wonderful. The young Abovian had seemed to have a spring in his own step since returning (Karl had reported some element of melancholic wistfulness as well when talking with him to confirm their contract, which she was watchful for but couldn’t personally attest to) and was reportedly settling into the car well, both from his times and his engineer Antti’s feedback. Need to talk with him myself – see how he’s feeling, if he’s more comfortable now that there are more tested systems in place. Gertrude smiles, nodding to herself. How we can go one better next time. He was good at that before.

Of course, ideally both of them, Jean too, would have been back at HQ with Ryker, working on development through the off-season, but that didn’t mesh well with international perceptions of a racing career. Still, if it meant things running as smoothly as they were… She’d begrudge them their freedom.

Speaking of.

Gertrude passes into the workshop, letting the familiar wave of noise wash over her as she bears witness to Lucia’s team at work – the apex of harmony, just as – no, better than she had left it. She acknowledges a couple of waves, most being far too focussed on their own work to notice her, before her eye is caught on her left. Four entirely different rear wings from the First City manufactory sit beneath a discussion between Vance Fleetfoot and Tiffany Vallanite, laid out for testing on the pit platform to ensure their smooth integration into the new Bodywork Exchange System. Imagination. The daring of all of this is insane.

She comes to a stop, waiting. And, according to Lucia, my doing. She looks away from it all, suddenly overcome with an emotion that she can’t quite place.

She starts, a dozen seconds later, as Gertrude catches someone in her peripheral vision. “Ah! Lucia. There you are.”

“Oh, apologies. I surprised you.” To anyone who hadn’t known her for a decade, Lucia Vanderbilt’s neutral expression and tone would convey sarcasm. To Gertrude, the slight rise in her voice, the touch that her lips part and their left corner curls upwards, the centimetre fall in her eyebrows, reveals a mixture of genuine contrition, anticipation and contentment.

“Ah, don’t worry – I was in thought,” Gertrude answers, smile falling easily back onto her face. “So, what do you have?”

“Matters are… Well.” Lucia presses her lips back together for the slightest of moments. “I am a touch concerned about our cornering performance, as ever.”

“Weight issues?” Gertrude’s mind flicks into ‘engineering mode’.

“Yes. You, of everyone, are aware of the WGP2’s power curbs. Trading weight for optimised power by retaining our WGPC equipment, and all.”

“Reliability’s fine, though!”

A wryness creeps onto Lucia’s face. “Yes, keeping our convertor array and everything else under lower stresses will have that result. I would say, in all, that we’ve made good progress; just a regular setback that can be worked on.”

“Sounds like it to me.” Gertrude gazes at her, proud. “You seem… Clear-headed. I mean, you’re Lucia, obviously, but… More than usual.”

“Tomas’ doing.” Lucia tilts her head an inch. “I still don’t know how you hired him.”

“Oh, I’m just a fan who got ambitious!” Gertrude laughs. “I mean creating a conceptualisation feedback loop? Using Imagination to let you think better and then using that for psychology? Come on, Lucia. Come on.

“Yes, it’s certainly brilliant.” Lucia’s expression shifts minutely again – growing wryer, with just a hint of fondness. “I am glad of it. Coalessa remains excellent; nonetheless…”

“She was the one who prompted me to ask, actually! Got to talking and she suggested it. Pretty on-brand with our whole ‘thing’.” Gertrude smiles. “Glad that it’s working well.”
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:19 pm

Fireline Motorsports

Testing had gone fairly well for Fireline. Edward never was looking to be top of the pack. Just like in WGPC, his team was not yet one that would be expected to be challenging for a constructor's victory over the season. But good performances here and there were expected. And in the first session of the final test, Adriana gave him that.

"Adriana, can you come into my office briefly?" Edward stood in front of his office, beckoning Adriana in as she walked past him into the garage following the test sessions. "I just want to have a brief word."

She walked into his office. Adriana was buzzing, off the high of a successful testing session. She felt great in the car - possibly the most comfortable she'd felt while driving for Fireline, even in WGPC. But a chat with the boss? That sounded ominous, whatever she'd just done. "Sure."

Edward shut the door behind him. He looked pretty normal - a stern look imprinted on his facial features. His blackish hair sweeping to the right. He cleared his throat. "Adriana, can I just say what a drive that was. You looked spectacular in the car, and according to these stats you performed spectacularly as well." Adriana beamed at him. Such outright compliments were rare from him. An unusually jovial mood. "In other good news, we're hoping we've found another driver for the team. We don't want you to be alone."

Adriana was curious. She was aware of the fiasco with the drivers with Vilita and Turori, though she doubted the two drivers were to blame for the miscommunication of intentions as much as Edward had told her. "Who is it? I'm keen to get a partner in before the first race if possible, but as long as we get someone in within the first few races..."

"Luc Deschamps. He's a promising driver. We're hoping he'll reply positively to our invitation for him to drive for us this season." Edward smiled. It'd been a challenge finding a second driver. Fireline weren't exactly a massively prestigious team, even though they'd managed to strike up a good relationship with Adriana Kowalski who had now driven with them in WGPC and WGP2. "We're hoping he says yes. Because if he does, we're going to have a great team, not just for now but looking to the future too..."

Edward Rousseau

Three lights. Breathe. Four Lights. Clutch. Revs. Check. Five Lights. Focus. Pure Focus. And go.

"It's five lights, and away we go. The leaders got a terrible start. Rousseau's also had a bad start. Moved from second to eighth. And he's spun! He's spun at the first corner! Oh dear! Rousseau's spun, on his debut, on the first corner. That has to be one of the worst debuts yet in WGP2.

Edward woke up with a start. That image, cycling through his head again and again. An absolute nightmare. One of his biggest fears - failure, rejection by everyone - at the top of his mind. He couldn't calm his nerves. Even after his good performance in the first session of pre-season test 3, he was still feeling the pressure. Scared that he would embarrass himself in the first race. His team, Equipo Telebuenas-BA, had been so nice to him. Trying to calm him, getting him ready for this season. And he'd been able to get some decent performance out of the car; he was really beginning to feel comfortable in the cockpit, especially when he had the freedom to put laps in during testing.

But as soon as the pressure is piled on, his nerves begin to crumble. That was evident when the team began to put him through some timed laps, with the time pressure leading to him making mistakes. Which obviously isn't a good sign for the race. Which is completely about managing the pressure and your nerves. He had to find a way to recentre himself through this season. Perhaps there was someone in the team to help him?

And the other concern was his sleep. The nightmares were affecting him, stopping him getting the sleep he really needed. It was getting to him. Edward was feeling grouchy and emotional. Unable to focus at times, especially when recounting the data from the drives. It had to be - he'd decided. The night before the race he'd take a sleeping tablet. That would have to suffice. Whatever the possible consequences could be. He just had to make sure he slept before the race well.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Featherstonehaugh Cholmondeley
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

This isn't even the most embarrassing sports rap ever writte

Postby Featherstonehaugh Cholmondeley » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:38 pm

The bulky figure of a man with an incomparable moustache was hunched over the desk, scribbling. Volumes of Ovid and Horace lay open; the goblet sipping brandy with a tincture of opium that he’d been quaffing sat surprisingly unattended. Finally, with a leonine roar, Harry leaned back and thumped a hefty, ink-stained paw on the desk.

“By Jehosephat’s silver nipple, I’ve cracked it.”

“Sir’s master work is complete?”

Harry narrowed his eyes at Sid and studied his implacable servant’s face as carefully as, a century later, Larry David might someone he suspected of a faux pas. He squinted, seeking any tone of levity or mockery in the inscrutable Sikh. But not a silver thread trembled in those bushy eyebrows, and after a while he found staring into those unblinking eyes to be rather like gazing into the tail lights of the cars his UrGa motor had, for the most part, been forced to tail around the practice runs. He sniffed, and looked away.

“Yes, I suppose it is. Give it a once over and pop it in the old night mail would you, old bean? First class and all that nonsense, the race is nearly upon us.”

Sid was disquieted that Harry had spent so much of the time between the last practice session engaged in writing an “epic poem” that he felt would do justice to the “stirring deeds, gallant fortitude, and general whisker-stiffening wotsit” that he planned on doing during the coming season. Sid would far rather Harry had spent some time reading the race books for the courses they were to drive on, or simply developing a better relationship with the UrGa mechanics: Sid had picked up gossip that the team were regretting their choice of driver, and after Harry’s abysmal pre-season results, could he blame them? If Harry wasn’t careful, he’d be kicked off the team.

But instead of doing any of that, he’d buried himself in “Rabelais, Demosthenes and the Bard”, and endeavoured to script himself a poem to be delivered in celebration of his coming feats. As Sid glanced over the ink-stained sheets being thrust into his hand, he felt a sinking feeling. Metre and rhyme were not what should be preoccupying his master at this point, but traction and acceleration. He sighed.

Still, his worst fears weren’t quite realized. At least the poem was good. The bold scansion worthy of Manley-Hopkins, the erudite literary references worthy of Wilde. Steeped in classical reference yet with the strong heart of Muscular Christianity beating in every line. Yes, this poem would be a worthy testament. As Harry rediscovered the goblet of drink, Sid set to sealing up the papers in an envelope.

But, unfortunately…

The nature of the communion between Harry’s world of Featherstonehaugh Cholmondeley and the prime universe in which the WGP2 series was taking place meant that, just as letters turned into emails and messenger pigeons turned into telephone, so Harry’s poem, on entering the prime universe, would transform into a more… modern form.

Yo his name is Harry Z and here’s to say!
All you slow motherfuckers better come to play!
He’s sitting really proud at the UrGa wheel!
He’s gonna crush those punks under his heel!
He’s Harry Z!
What?
Harry Z!
Who?
Harry Z!
Whaa?

Furious record scratching

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:42 pm

7:00PM - Alikki-Corra, Vilita & Turori

Heinz-Otto Junker’s mind was racing as he sat in the hotel room in Alikki-Corra ahead of the opening race of the WGP2 season.

He had flipped through every channel on the television at least a few times now, called his mom and a few friends back home, but still, sitting on the edge of the bed he was a bit restless.

Calm down, he thought to himself. Everything went fine in testing, he thought. Besides, for the majority of the drivers that would be out there this weekend, it would be their first race as well. But that didn’t take the nerves away, still - it was always tough to move up to a new level and try to get the job done. He’d had that experience throughout his karting days, moving from age group to age group quite quickly. Most importantly, he’d had this same experience just a year ago, preparing for the opening race of the Siovanija & Teusland domestic championship. He thought back on that moment as he looked out the window.

One Year Ago - Rotmundering, Siovanija & Teusland

The Grand Prix of Rotmunde was always the opening weekend of the national domestic grand prix racing championship. A fast track set against the ocean in northeastern Teusland, it was a favourite for fans and drivers alike.

But for the class of rookies coming up, it was always a daunting challenge. Easy to learn, hard to master, and at that level, you had to become a master quite quickly. The tales of rookie DNFs at the track were great in number, and a challenging sector 2 had claimed a fair number of cars in the gravel over the years.

In the TMW car, however, you were expected to be above all that - expected to go out and challenge from the very beginning. That was the fan expectation at least, but Heinz-Otto Junker, the rookie driver starting his career off, told himself something different as he hopped in the car.

‘Just don’t bin it lap 1,’ he said to himself.

“What was that, Heinz?” asked Oliver Werich, his race engineer.

“Oh, nothing, just talking to myself.”

“Heinz, for sure you’ve got a million things going on in your head, but just wanted to say we all believe in you, you looked excellent in practice and qualifying so keep that up. Be true to yourself out there, don’t feel you have to overperform or anything, and it’ll all be ok. Oh, and try to keep it in one piece, eh? The boys back at Litzengau won’t be very happy if you don’t, so try to make a good impression.”

Heinz laughed as he replied, “Can’t make any promises, but I’ll try.”

He had managed to qualify 2nd, a strong showing in his debut race, just a tenth off TMW teammate Patrick Metzinger, an experienced veteran. On the formation lap, he got another word over the radio from Oliver: “Heinz, someone here wants to talk to you.”

“Hey, kid,” came the voice of his father, Gotthard Junker.

“I’ll try to keep it short, I know you just wanna focus out there. But you made it, eh? All the hard work has got you here. Don’t stop working now, though - it gets even tougher now. And hey, if you can keep the car in one piece you’ll be better than your old man ever was. Proud of you, son.”

Heinz smiled. He had to admit, he didn’t hear his dad talk like that very often - it was mostly comments on what he could do better. “Thanks, dad,” he replied as he pulled up to the grid.

The Rotmundering starts off with a long run down the main straight with a long, curved turn 1 into a sharp turn 2, where the action would really happen on lap one. As Heinz made it down, he smartly defended from the Pomorie AvtoFabrika driver Krystof Novak, keeping his position and lining up behind Metzinger ahead. It was a move that drew cheers from the partisan TMW crowd in attendance, and as Oliver Werich radioed in, “Great work, great work, keep it up.”

Heinz smiled as he recalled the next part, though. Later in the race, as he worked his way back through the field off a pit stop, he found himself with Novak ahead of him. Diving into the difficult turn 5, he was perhaps a bit too overzealous, and his race ended with contact and a spin into the gravel.

“Sorry guys, sorry, my fault”

“Are you ok?”

“Yep”

“We’re learning still, Heinz, we’re learning, so just make sure you grow from this, ok?”

He wasn’t sure what to expect back at the paddock - usually after a crash his father would give a glare that implied disappointment, or simply disappeared. On this occasion, however, Gotthard smiled when he saw Heinz.

“Even I finished my first race,” he said.

Heinz just laughed back. The next week, at the Grand Prix of Kaiserhaven, Heinz stormed through the field and won his first race. Not a bad start to life in the TMW car.

Present Day

Back in Alikki-Corra, Heinz-Otto felt a bit more at ease now as he started to review some of the notes Jorn Feistel had prepared for him and Joy. He always appreciated Jorn’s notes, which often featured some dry humour - on nearly every tight corner, there was a note saying ‘Heinz, don’t f*** this one up’. He’d not made a good impression hitting the barrier 3 times in his first practice at the Stelburg Street Circuit last year, and Feistel wasn’t taking any chances on the street circuit here.

It was no secret that Heinz wasn’t a master of tighter, technical circuits like that. He could cope, though - and perhaps learn something from his teammate, Joy Wingelaar, who was a bit stronger in these conditions.

Practice and qualifying up first, then, he thought. Let’s get the season started. And if he could make it through the weekend without binning it? It would be a great start to the WGP2 season.
The United Republics of Siovanija & Teusland
Capital: Borograd | Population: 74,245,000 | Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus | Country Code: STL

World Cup of Hockey 40, 41 & 42 Champions ⋆ World Junior Hockey Championship 14 Champions

Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:59 pm

Article posted on the GS SuperSports+ website.
    Fichter enters WPG2 season cautiously optimistic

Lukas Fichter’s results over the three pre-season practice tests have seen him labelled “the man to beat”, the “red hot favourite”, and “kind of a boring twat” by some, but the young Schutzenphalian driver whose dreams of a Formelzwei seat will begin tomorrow in Vilita & Turori with the Nykipiflugpuun Noortekoondis team says he is “not taking anything for granted”. “The pre-season tests were very encouraging, but they’re just that, tests. I’m very happy with how the car performed, even in the rain [at Cocoabo Park Circuit],” he said in his final press conference before the first race of the season begins at the Alikki-Corra Street Course. “But we won’t know how it performs in race conditions until we actually get out there.”

Fichter’s progress has been followed with great interest back home in the Iron Principality, where motorsports remain popular despite limited international exposure. Viewing parties are planned in Uberwienerschnitzelstadt and, Fichter says, he’s “sure there’ll be a few Schutzenphalians in the crowd”. Fichter says he hopes that performing with the Schutzenphalian flag – specially featured on the livery thanks to the hardworking Nykipiflugpuun design team – will bring “pride” home and inspire “the next generation of young racers” to follow in his path.

Meanwhile, Fichter is full of praise for teammate Batu Tüvshinbayar, despite a poor final showing at the Cocoabo Park Circuit test. “Batu is a great driver, very aggressive, and sometimes that aggression won’t pay off, like in the test,” admitted Lukas. “But other times he’ll leave boring old farts like me in the dust! I think our styles complement each other really well and I’m excited to drive with him in the same team.” He cautioned his teammate, however, against attempting to bring any Mongolian throat-singing inflection to the Schutzenphalian national anthem, whose extreme length is challenging even to conventional singers.

The full WGP season will be broadcast in the Iron Principality on GS SuperSports+, with highlights, discussion and exclusive interviews with Lukas Fichter himself on the MotoVröööm show with Jessika Jünkindietrünk.
Last edited by Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland on Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Filindostan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Filindostan » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:05 pm

Equipo Telebuenas-BA headquarters
Yogyakulta, Filindostan

The third and last preseason test in Cocoabo Park Circuit has been done, with both cars doing a number of laps in the FH1 chassis. Rod actually had scored his first pole position of his WGP2 career in the circuit last season, so he's very much familiar with the circuit, albeit he had a race to forget as he was the first car to not finish the race. For Edward who is new to the track, it was a pretty good session in the rain, as he placed third among 20 drivers in the first session, and was 11th in the second one, and the most surprising was his fastest laps were quicker than Rod's in both sessions, the second one having run in a dry racetrack.

The change in the cars' livery is the addition of another Hispino sponsor, the rural bank from Vallezul, Txerrikotxoa:

"Txerrikotxoa for some reason has terminated their involvement with Hispino driver Astigar Armendaritze." Manolo Ricafort has learned the news from one of his staff, Igon Amestoy, an engineer for the team. He also introduced his fiancee, who will be the representative for the sponsor an will appear in the garage as well, Amalur Etxaide. For some reason, Rod remembered the face of the staff as she was accompanying Astigar in his attempt to hijack the driver trials for the team in Jakulta.

"Weren't you with Astigar that time?" Rod asked Amalur straightforwardly.

"Y.. yes, but that was in the past, you see, I was with him for business purposes only, and when we see that he cannot make himself appealing to the teams to sign, that's the time we pulled the plug on him. We will be involved with the team as a secondary sponsor and will add funding to the team to put us forward in the coming races."

"We're glad to have you on board the team." Jose Manuel Varadi interrupted the conversation between the three. "Of course if you have multiple drivers in our academy then all measures had to be made to ensure that your drivers will have a maximum chance to be in line for a drive whatever team they may be. Let's get the briefing started."

Rod was perplexed at what Varadi was saying. But he didn't mind it as they were so focused on preparations for the new season.

After the meeting, Varadi pulled out his laptop from his bag and started to type an email directed to Luc Deschamps:

Hi, Luc, Jose Manuel Varadi here.

I heard from various sites that Fireline had indeed tabbed an offer to you to drive for them in the coming season. I expect that you would accept the offer, after all, we would want to evaluate the three of you, four if Rod is included, if you have what it takes to fill the open seat at the Badai Angin WGPC team next season.

We will be willing to extend our technical support to Fireline, once you sign on the dotted line in their seat offer.

"There, I worked hard to ensure that there will be less one competitor for the remaining open seats for the WGP2 season! So please sign for that open offer!" He muttered to himself, having very proud to have sabotaged the career and lovelife of another competing driver for a WGP2 seat. Isn't it enough that he forced that driver out of a NSSCRA drive and now his whole career and possibly his future? He opened a notepad where the draft of his emails to the other team owners were written:

Hi, WGP2 Team owners, Jose Manuel Varadi here.

We have secured the sponsorship of Txerrikotxoa for our WGP2 team this season, and attached is the proof that they have terminated the deal with a certain Astigar Armendaritze. If this guy lodges a request for a WGP2 seat and uses the name of our latest sponsor, then you may have all the rights to not entertain his attempts to persuade you to sign him.

Should you have any queries, don't hesitate to message me.

And another drafted message, this time to Igon.

Igon,

How long do you plan to stand still on your relationship to my goddaughter? If you do not propose to her soon, you will lose her to that loser. Act quickly. I have given you all you need, money, and setting, to make the proposal. Make this quick so we can pile the misery to that ugly person.

Should you have any queries, don't hesitate to message me.

He was really busy to sabotage the life of Astigar, but what he did not know is the latter will soon find out the truth about the dirty secret of Varadi, which relates to the sudden disappearance and death of an Ajian stock car driver.

806 words
Last edited by Filindostan on Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation active only for Motorsports.
The Artist formerly known as Sangti | Potentia et Sanctitas Populi
Baptism of Fire 66 Winners
Trigram: FID | Demonym: Filindo/Filindostani | Capital: San Marco | Leader: Dorigo Dutete | Newswire | No Nonsense Sportswear | Esportiva | IUBC Newswires | Domestic Motorsports

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:08 pm

CUTOFF
for Practice and Qualifying at Alikki-Corra Street Course

The 1,250-word count resets here and will last through Sunday sprint race cutoff, including tomorrow's feature race.

Teams: You each have a maximum of one driver change in one seat over the entire season. Use it wisely, if you do.
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:28 pm

Event 4: Practice
Conditions:      	Dry
Predicted Optimal Time: 00:01:44.444
Session Length: 75 minutes
Nation: V&T
Circuit: Alikki-Corra Street Course

Drivers have 75 minutes to complete as many laps of the track as they like.

POS # ▍DRIVER                                               	FASTEST LAP	GAP TO LEADER
1 41 Edward Rousseau 00:01:53.390 00:00:00.000
2 27 Jordan Crowe 00:01:53.441 00:00:00.051
3 66 Harry Zoomtwat 00:01:53.664 00:00:00.275
4 7 Annelise Devereux 00:01:53.755 00:00:00.365
5 21 Chiruno Hakusoe 00:01:53.932 00:00:00.542
6 79 Lukas Fichter 00:01:54.012 00:00:00.622
7 14 Skiia Vialiv 00:01:54.084 00:00:00.694
8 91 Taras Matviyenko 00:01:54.175 00:00:00.785
9 18 Haru Jukkenna 00:01:54.406 00:00:01.016
10 37 Laura Haukanna 00:01:54.550 00:00:01.160
11 92 Alex Márquez 00:01:54.782 00:00:01.392
12 40 Adriana Kowalski Ela Lillian 00:01:54.894 00:00:01.504
13 9 Batu Tüvshinbayar 00:01:54.991 00:00:01.601
14 12 Adeline Darlington-Whit 00:01:55.162 00:00:01.772
15 87 Jama'obo Pegasii 00:01:55.235 00:00:01.845
16 4 Athan Lille 00:01:55.487 00:00:02.097
17 17 David Clarke 00:01:55.711 00:00:02.321
18 13 Pedro Carballal 00:01:55.890 00:00:02.500
19 88 Ted Pressley 00:01:56.014 00:00:02.624
20 15 Heinz-Otto Junker 00:01:56.222 00:00:02.832
21 11 Anola Melani 00:01:56.314 00:00:02.925
22 44 Rod Gozum 00:01:56.335 00:00:02.945
23 35 Indra Vartak 00:01:56.672 00:00:03.283
24 31 Joy Wingelaar 00:01:57.316 00:00:03.926
25 23 Sakinomi Rikikida 00:01:57.389 00:00:03.999
26 17 Janne Laukkanen 00:01:57.618 00:00:04.228
27 72 Charyseine Valkyria 00:01:58.931 00:00:05.541

Event 4: Qualifying
Conditions:      	Rainy
Predicted Optimal Time: 00:02:00.111
Qualifying Type: One Shot
Nation: V&T
Circuit: Alikki-Corra Street Course

POS # ▍DRIVER                                               	FASTEST LAP	GAP TO LEADER
1 14 Skiia Vialiv 00:02:02.040 00:00:00.000
2 40 Adriana Kowalski Ela Lillian 00:02:02.056 00:00:00.016
3 72 Charyseine Valkyria 00:02:02.189 00:00:00.149
4 7 Annelise Devereux 00:02:02.677 00:00:00.637
5 44 Rod Gozum 00:02:02.694 00:00:00.654
6 15 Heinz-Otto Junker 00:02:02.762 00:00:00.722
7 13 Pedro Carballal 00:02:02.890 00:00:00.849
8 12 Adeline Darlington-Whit 00:02:02.947 00:00:00.907
9 35 Indra Vartak 00:02:03.084 00:00:01.044
10 31 Joy Wingelaar 00:02:03.153 00:00:01.112
11 9 Batu Tüvshinbayar 00:02:03.623 00:00:01.583
12 27 Jordan Crowe 00:02:03.781 00:00:01.741
13 23 Sakinomi Rikikida 00:02:03.900 00:00:01.859
14 18 Haru Jukkenna 00:02:04.004 00:00:01.964
15 21 Chiruno Hakusoe 00:02:04.041 00:00:02.001
16 87 Jama'obo Pegasii 00:02:04.461 00:00:02.421
17 37 Laura Haukanna 00:02:04.647 00:00:02.607
18 17 David Clarke 00:02:05.132 00:00:03.092
19 91 Taras Matviyenko 00:02:05.162 00:00:03.122
20 66 Harry Zoomtwat 00:02:05.201 00:00:03.160
21 11 Anola Melani 00:02:05.809 00:00:03.769
22 41 Edward Rousseau 00:02:05.869 00:00:03.829
23 17 Janne Laukkanen 00:02:06.422 00:00:04.382
24 88 Ted Pressley 00:02:07.993 00:00:05.953
25 79 Lukas Fichter 00:02:08.725 00:00:06.685
26 4 Athan Lille 00:02:10.212 00:00:08.171
27 92 Alex Márquez 00:02:11.170 00:00:09.130
Due to the rainy conditions, the 107% rule has not been applied for this race.
Last edited by Liventia on Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:14 pm

Press Release

CommOil Scuderia Orange Cow is pleased to announce the signing of Pedro Carballal to a contract for the WGP2 season.
Pedro will drive the #13 PRL01-2 powered by Skychief from Preston Motors. Team Principal Michael Lambert welcomed the newest addition to our team, emphasizing the commitment that all parties had in making this deal a reality. "To say it's been a whirlwind week would be a massive understatement. Pedro and his manager, Justin Costa, arrived at the PRL Center on Monday afternoon and he immediately began the work to get acclimated to the car on our makeshift test track at the facility. We regret that we had such a tight schedule that we were unable to get him any running on a proper race circuit, but he has impressed all of us with his work ethic, professionalism and quick understanding of the information we've provided to him. We are confident that he will lead SOC to great things. I also want to give credit to Jordan Crowe, who will drive the second car here and who we've signed to be our full-time test & reserve driver for the season. We are currently in negotiations to fill the other seat on a full time basis and hope to be able to make an announcement later during the weekend."

meanwhile, said negotiations were indeed underway

An'ue Toudeyaku and Sakiteno Kuyara were seated across the table from Lambert and Vic Marzetti in a conference room at the hotel where the team were housed, and they'd all been in discussion for the better part of an hour.
"I think we're almost done," Marzetti said as he looked down his notes, "let's review: a full season contract at NS$7500 per race weekend retainer, plus all expenses covered by the team for her and up to 5 others, along with full weekend all-access credentials; the sponsorship at the pro-rated amount of NS$514,000, which we will run on both cars for that price and provide Practice Day Paddock Access and Premium Level Saturday/Sunday tickets for up to 15 representatives of AtaGO Global Logistics; and 20% of all revenue from the use of your likeness by any of our team sponsors. I don't think there are many other drivers in the series being offered terms like that. Pedro has an identical deal--of course he doesn't have any personal sponsorships yet, but we've inserted a clause that would be similar."

Lambert decided to close the discussion. "We're newcomers in this series, but we're not amateurs. Some of the biggest corporations in the Commonwealth have backed us, so although we're late to the party we have the resources to make up a lot of ground once we get past these first couple of rounds."
(465)

SOC offers its second seat to Sakiteno Kuyara
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Aboveland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2013

Postby Aboveland » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:32 pm

Alikki-Corra, Vilita

Janne untucks the collar of his race suit up around his neck, running his palm across the velcro strap to secure it in place, his face thrown backwards and looking up to the ceiling. As he lowers his head, he runs his hands down his sharp, fitted, gunmetal gray suit towards the strap around his torso, and stares at himself in the mirror of the changing room. He puckers his lips and swallows, then raises his eyebrows at himself and ruffles his hair. He’s quietly communicating with himself through his gaze and his peppy nervous gestures. He’d wanted to forget the last time he was clad in the same gray suit; his second season in WGP2, in which he’d expected to springboard from his excellent debut season to become a title challenger, had been an utter disaster. He could easily place the blame on Nexus Racing’s UHSGV-4 prototype: the eight-wheeled concept had proved a handful to drive for most of the year, despite the team’s best efforts to mend the grip issues plaguing the chassis, and thought it seemed to have eked out pace as the best of the rest as the vehicle progressed into WGPC18, it had ultimately failed to fully cement itself as the next best thing.

Yet Janne knew such an accusation would be disingenuous at best. He still couldn’t quite come to lapidate himself, but he felt that, by far, the worst offender in his fluked second season had been his own psyche. The breakup… had been difficult, to say the least. Unlike a band-aid, which when torn off suddenly it comes away clean, his had been more like a summary, violently ripped out suturation. Never an explanation, or a why, or any sign of life had ever reached him back. Maybe he was still out there somewhere, wrapped gleefully in somebody else’s arms with that radiant toothy smile of his blinding his lover and melting their heart; or maybe he was dead, his tormented, sorrowful soul aimlessly roaming the Abovian east, or perhaps just effervesced into thin air.

In such a sorry mental state, there was little he could do to keep his head above water, try as he might (when he tried). Nothing fruitful came out of season three, neither for the team nor for himself, both on and off the track. However, the long off-season had been rather eventful, and bright enough to turn his head right-side up. After a misunderstanding had left him unsure whether Nexus Racing would continue their partnership with him after WGP2 III, he’d inched closer to burrowing himself under TRÆ’s careful wing, only for the Nimbans to uphold their agreement and confirm his status as a driver on their ladder by gifting him his WGPC debut, in the mid-season non-championship races.

Also in the off-season, he’d met Sami. Perhaps it’d been stereotypical, to have known his body before he’d told him his surname, hidden behind one of the black curtains lining the halls towards the main room where the Abovian year-end sporting gala had been held, but what had seemed to be destined to die as a fleet had snowballed into a story bigger than either of them could have imagined. It had been only a few months since then, but after tiptoeing around the definitive ‘are we?’ conversation for some weeks the Pysyväräntän had been the one to pop the question at last, the first time they’d seen each other since the conclusion of the XV Olympic Winter games in Kelssek. After having replied with a comforting aloofness, Sami had bitten his ear: a sequence of events Janne frequently reminisced over with his head buried in his bedspread.

The positive changes in his personal life had entirely morphed Janne’s headspace going into the first race weekend of the year, but despite the shakeup in the off season, enough remained familiar to keep him grounded. The main figureheads in the team, from Gertrude on down, had expectedly carried over to season 4, and his lifelong pillar of support in Antti Harjanne was back as well. The car was still eight wheeled--which at first thought might seem something of a handicap, but perhaps it’d be better to build on an existing base than scrap all the progress made up until now--and improved relative to its WGPC counterpart and previous WGP2 III prototype.

Thus, as he stepped out into the densely packed garage of the Alikki-Corra street circuit, where the humidity hung in the air like a soggy, smothering duvet, his head was held high. Never mind the fact that his recent results were a far cry from his prodigian title; never mind that he’d be driving a car inseparably linked to one of the darkest periods of his career; never mind that, with his contract with Nexus racing… actually expiring at years end, he’d have to put in the work to prove to the Nimbans, and to the world, that he was worth his weight in the slightest.

And never mind the fact he’d finished twenty-third in qualifying. Meaning, bad. Like, two seconds behind his teammate bad. Like, floundering in the puddles of the Vilitan coastal town like a fish out of water bad.

Never mind that. Zen. Omm. Peace.

For the first weekend, at least, he’d promised himself peace. It’s too early to beat himself up.
AUTONOMOUS TERRITORIES OF THE ABOVIAN UNION: Nykipiflugpuu

Home to Terho Talvela, three-time WGPC World Champion, and one-time WSRC World Champion

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports