NATION

PASSWORD

[Interest] Idea: Speedcubing

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Sierra Grand
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

[Interest] Idea: Speedcubing

Postby Sierra Grand » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:49 am

So I was thinking for a different thing to go in NS Sports and I don't know how but I came up with Speedcubing
this is a fairly popular sport IRL so I wonder if it would fit here.
It's basically solve a Rubik's cube in the fastest time possible Other types of cubes/shapes as a puzzle count

I don't even know how this would be scored or else so this is just an idea
Last edited by Sierra Grand on Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC Sierra Grand does not represent my actual views, it is more authoritarian than I am.
Proud American-Albanian-Belgian and NAVA member (he/him)
Fluent Anglophone, Albanophone, Francophone, Partially Germanophone
Hail Sovereign Sara May. L.P.D. and Left/Rights claim victory in Luyver meanwhile Cantonsall is currently on fire. Another train has blown up in downtown P.E., what's new?

Grand Merina
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 30, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grand Merina » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:30 pm

We usually prefer real sports.

Just for asking: How would you scorinate it?

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:46 pm

I would say as a mind sport it's probably acceptable in NS Sports on a par with chess.

What is the primary way of judging competitions in real life? By time, or by mistakes, or what? If it's by time it won't be hard at all to write a simple xkoranate file.
Слава Україні!

Sierra Grand
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sierra Grand » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:55 pm

Liventia wrote:I would say as a mind sport it's probably acceptable in NS Sports on a par with chess.

What is the primary way of judging competitions in real life? By time, or by mistakes, or what? If it's by time it won't be hard at all to write a simple xkoranate file.

Time, DNF when you don't finish doesn't count.
IC Sierra Grand does not represent my actual views, it is more authoritarian than I am.
Hail Sovereign Sara May. L.P.D. and Left/Rights claim victory in Luyver meanwhile Cantonsall is currently on fire. Another train has blown up in downtown P.E., what's new?

Hebitaka
Envoy

Founded: Dec 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hebitaka » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:20 am

I loove cubing! Would love to be a part of it
General Domestic Thread - Soccer Domestic League - Rugby Domestic League

12th U-18 WC Round of 16
13th GCF WT20 Quaterfinalists
1st STWC Finalists and Runners
3rd AICB Semi Finalist and Co-host
Coff's 7s I - Quater Finalist(Trophy)
BoF 74 Round of 32

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:30 am

Sierra Grand wrote:
Liventia wrote:I would say as a mind sport it's probably acceptable in NS Sports on a par with chess.

Time, DNF when you don't finish doesn't count.

You could use a racing scorinator to generate times.

Depend on what you use to generate the times, it might give you DNFs or it might not. If you're using a scorinator that doesn't generate DNFs automatically, you can set a maximum time and assign a DNF to anyone who goes over the time limit.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Sierra Grand
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sierra Grand » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:00 am

The Sherpa Empire wrote:
Sierra Grand wrote:Time, DNF when you don't finish doesn't count.

You could use a racing scorinator to generate times.

Depend on what you use to generate the times, it might give you DNFs or it might not. If you're using a scorinator that doesn't generate DNFs automatically, you can set a maximum time and assign a DNF to anyone who goes over the time limit.

Good Idea, thanks

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports