NATION

PASSWORD

AOCAF LXII Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Busoga Islands
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Busoga Islands » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:44 am

Part I
Part II

The Busoga Chronicle
The Islands #1 News Source!

Belle Haven Agreement glides through Parliament, setting stage for the Kabaka's first visit to an independent Busoga Islands

Parliamentarians clap after the vote totals are announced in Parliament

LAKISKA, SOUTH ISLAND- A treaty of this manner was always going to be highly debated between the various political factions in the country. But President Kasekende, who is enjoying high approval ratings in the country, was able to hold his party together and get a majority to shepherd this controversial treaty through the Parliament, and get it to his desk. And when it came to the proccess, debate and dissection within the Foreign Affairs Committee, and debate on the main floor, there were spirited arguments on both sides of the aisle.

President Kasekende's allies in Parliament defended the legislation furiously. The MP for Tripoli North, a close Kasekende ally, said the following during debate. "It is as the President said- this is our biggest chance, since our independence, to bury the past behind us and start the process of moving forward. Our country has shown that we are strong on our own, and that we will never go crawling back to Banija. We stood, this nation stood, in Belle Haven not as beggars, but stood strongly, with our backs straight, as equals with our Banijan neighbors, who will now be our partners. If we can normalize relations here, we will leave our past where it belongs and can look squarely towards the issue. No more can the Banijan issue dominate."

Ilgin Uslu made a similar argument in her opening statement when she appeared in front of the Parliamentary Foreign Affairs Committee. "We have a rare opportunity find a way for ourselves, and make a new pathway, as equals, to both Banija and whoever else. We share the same geographical space, around the Shango-Fogoa Basin. Why is it that our nation's cultural institutions, like our soccer and college sports governing bodies, can work together but we cannot on a political level? Nobody doubts that we have our own allies. Equestria remains our chief ally. Timuria is a strong ally. But we have common ones as well. Baker Park is a shared ally. Siovanija & Teusland is a shared ally. We are not followers. We stand next to Banija, as equals."

And when there were questions about Busoga's decision to join the Quebecois Commonwealth, Ilgin Uslu addressed that as well. "It is not just Banijan heritage- the Busoga Islands have every right to be in that organization. It is our heritage as well- colonization happened on these islands, not just on the other side of the water. We have a right to it, and we will. These are nations that we have shared constitutional links with, nations that are part of our history- it is best to engage them and improve relations. We can work with nations like the Royal Kingdom of Quebec and Acadiana independently of Busukuma, and this is the best pathway to do so."

The visit is expected to.... Continued on Page 4

Sports- Busoga Islands draw "Group of Death" as they promoted to League A in the AOCAFs

LAKISKA- Be careful what you wish for. A phrase as old as time. The Busoga Islands were dominant in League B in PHase 1 of the AOCAFs, winning their first five games, while earning clean sheets in all of them to earn promotion to League A. Their final game was a 1-1 draw with the Freeport Isles, but of course the group was already decided at that point. The Busoga Islands are excited- a chance to go up a league and play with the big boys, in a single round robin, with their games at home.

They did not get an easy group. They probably have the most challenging draw of any of the teams that were promoted, to be frank. 3rd ranked Mriin. 7th ranked Farfadillis. And 8th ranked Vilita & Turori. All elite teams, all who are looking far past Phase 2 and are trying to plot their way to Busukuma in a few weeks time for the final. And yet, Bethany Donnell, despite all the odds being against her team, said that she has not lost faith in her team. "We've got three elite opponents for this phase, and that means we're going to have three rather entertaining matchups. But don't write us off just yet- we've pulled off upsets before, and we're capable of doing it again."

On Matchday 1, they'll play Farfadillis at home in Lakiska. The entertaining attacking side against this much smaller, defensive squad. How can they contain the Cidh twins? They will surely maintain plenty of pressure on the backline- it'll be up to the back 4 to make sure that their opponents don't maintain too much pressure on them, while Mustafa Taal will have to be on his toes in net. Players across their talented side, like the Cidh twins and rue Cazade, for example, who can score from almost anywhere.

Are we underdogs? Of course. But we do have one thing on our side- home field advantage. "We expect for this game to have an absolutely packed house." Said starting central midfielder Jay Khano. "This country will unite behind its team when it matters most, and this is an opportunity where it matters most. Farfadillis has surely seen tough environments in their many travels, but can anybody truly be ready for what should truly be an electric night in Lakiska?"

It'll be a great game. As always- go Islanders!

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:08 pm

The record wasn't exactly what new Sarzonian national team manager Nicola Mentes would have liked in his first competition as the bench boss, but he'll take the result.

Sarzonia played a drab goalless draw against Equestria that gave the group A2 crown to the Stars and relegated the ponies to League C for the second phase of the competition.

For the Stars (2-4-0, 10 points), they have been drawn into a phase 2 group featuring familiar faces Northwest Kalactin, Baker Park, and one name sure to draw the ire of longtime Sarzonian football supporters. Valanora.

Granted, Sarzonia and Valanora have a limited history in AOCAF play, but the teams are no strangers in World Cup competition. The most enduring memory for the Stars might be the final match of World Cup 44 qualifying when an unranked Stars side were 20 minutes from a cataclysmic upset of Valanora in an away match. A victory there would have sent Sarzonia back to the World Cup after a 13-cycle absence. However, the elves scored two goals in the final minutes to consign the Stars to the Cup of Harmony.

For his part, Mentes isn't interested in the history. He said the team would focus on the here and now.

"What happened between Sarzonia and Valanora back then has no bearing on us now," he said, even downplaying the prospect of a rivalry between the two teams. "They're a great team and this tournament is important to both teams, and that should be all we need to motivate us."
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Flavovespia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Flavovespia » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:19 pm

Chromatika 2 – 1 Flavovespia

The result was meaningless in the end to the group standings, but Flavovespia fell to a defeat in Chromatika, and relegation to League B for the 3 game knock-out stages in Banija was confirmed. The result caps off a disappointing Phase 1, as Flavovespia fail to win a single game.

Flavovespia’s team for this crucial encounter was almost identical to their draw against Valanora. In comparison, Chromatika had put out a reserve side. Just 3 minutes in, and the hosts decision looked questionable. Quick passing around the Flavovespian attackers opened up space for Scott Coleman. His shot was well timed and well placed, beyond Cathryn Nio and into the net. It was 0-1, Flavovespia had a rare lead, but at least 87 minutes to need to hold on.

The lead would only last until the 26th minute. Chromatika were having some good build up play of their own, leading to a shot at goal by Gwinerva Alli. David Meehan did enough to parry it away, but it fell to Baillaire Fillar just inside the box. The teenager fired first time, and beyond Meehan as he tried to get to the second shot. The equaliser for Chromatika, and Flavovespia’s hopes of staying in League A took a big blow.

1-1 at half time, and Flavovespia had 45 minutes to get a goal to have any realistic chance of staying in League A. The atmosphere for the away fans was tense, a far cry from the rather relaxed attitude of the Chromatika fans, who were seeing some up and coming faces playing international football.

Unfortunately for Flavovespia, the next goal was the decisive goal for Chromatika. Gwinerva Alli atoned for her earlier mistake, with a good touch and skill to get past Alexander May and Tony Gardner for a shot. The powerful strike across the face of the goal was beyond the reach of David Meehan, and into the net. 2-1, and the Flavovespian hearts sank.

Flavovespia pushed forward in the later minutes, throwing on some attacking players to try and find some goals, but it was all in vain. At times it felt their focus on attack, as necessary as it was, was leaving them very vulnerable at the back. On more than one occasion David Meehan saved shots that on another day could’ve gone in. In the end, it was a 2-1 win for Chromatika. The hosts come away with 16 points from Group A1, Flavovespia just 2.

For Flavovespia, the optimism and excitement of playing League A football in the AOCAF Cup 62 hasn’t been borne out at all for the players, staff or fans. The only one of the League A sides to not record a win, and with only 2 points, there’s a sense of frustration that the team looked outmatched. Question marks have also raised about Arnold Stevenson’s management, in particular against bigger opposition now. The AOCAF Cup 62 isn’t seen as big of a deal as the upcoming World Cup 87 cycle in the eyes of some fans, but others do think it matters, and expect to see more, else a new manager could be in for the next cycle.

Flavovespia travel to Banija, and will be in the League B Xíxì Êns Group. Pluvia and the Saxean Isles, Dogsmouth and Royal Kingdom of Quebec are the 3 opponents facing Flavovespia. As he highest ranked team in the group going into the tournament, and the Pot 1 team of the group, Flavovespia will certainly on paper expect a good performance in the next 3 games. However the team must deliver on that, to make the knockout stages, else it’s likely there’ll be changes when the team return from Banija.
Formerly the Republic of Greater Waldster, internationally known as Greater Watford. IC It's a long story (OOC I didn't like using real place names)

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:23 pm

Order Up At The Second Chance Saloon
By Rami Niblick in Aissa, Banija

DOWN but not out. That's the state of play as the AOCAF Cup reaches its second group phase. Nobody's been knocked out yet, but it's all change as Krytenia find themselves relegated to Tier B courtesy of the Dragons being unable to quite kill off Mriin and Ko-oren delivering a sucker punch to Farfadillis.

Many have immediately jumped on this as a bad thing. After all, it proves that Krytenia are unworthy of the region's top table, right? Certainly, one goal in their first five games was a cause for concern, and the defence is as full of holes as ever. When you put it that way, then yes, it does look bleak for Krytenia.

I don't subscribe to that particular view. Look at how the national team have performed over the last couple of international cycles, and you'll see they are a team that start slowly before hitting their stride. Let's not forget that the Dragons only barely squeaked out of their group before taking down the likes of Omerica, Taeshan, Sargossa, and Astograth in the knockouts. Even our greatest World Cup performance, reaching the final of LVIII, saw us qualify for the tournament only on the back of a playoff win against the Kangaroo Republic. True, the bye to the last sixteen has gone, and there are only two spots instead of three, but the Dragons find themselves in a pond where the apex predators have conventiently been removed. Quite frankly, it a situation where if they don't get through to the Round of 24, they don't deserve to call themselves amongst the region's elite.

That's not to say Krytenia will take their opponents for granted. Demot are a banana skin waiting to happen, as are Gyatso-Kai; then there's Netop, who must have something about them to advance from an extremely competitive group in Tier C. That being said, the Dragons will be under no illusions that they will be expected to get at least second place from this group. It's time to get down to brass tacks, for the phoenix to rise and begin the run that maybe, just maybe, could lead to a second trophy in as many tournaments. Well, we can dream, anyway. Onward!
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

The Overseas Territories of Sylestone
Secretary

Founded: Jul 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Overseas Territories of Sylestone » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:35 pm

A haiku I composed:
We finally won!
But still deopped down to League C
Fuck fuck fuckity fuck

LOCHARIO - 0

OVERSEAS TERRITORIES OF SYLESTONE - 1
Cricket Bat 49'

Pluvia and the Saxean Isles
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 11, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Pluvia and the Saxean Isles » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:10 pm

Marienburg Arms, Marienburg, Pluvia and the Saxean Isles

Prof. Charles Cunningham of the history department at the Royal Marienburg University was spending the night in a hotel. No, the Marienburg Arms wasn't his first choice, but it was cheap and he'd needed a place with a vacancy on short notice after he'd had a screaming row with his wife. She couldn't see how the diary was his (and by extension, their) stepping stone to a better and more glamorous life, not to mention the value of it as a national treasure. She was being entirely unreasonable, in his opinion. So he was in the hotel. The fact that the bed was lumpy and the whole place had a vague smell of overcooked turnips just meant he could spend more time tonight reading.

The last diary entry saw the coronation of William II as King of Pluvia and Laird of the Saxean Isles following the death and burial of his father, King Alfred III. It was obvious that the moment weighed heavily on William. He'd described being in something of a daze, alternating between a sort of numbness and hyperawareness. Professor Cunningham could sympathize. His own father had passed when he was twenty-three, shortly before he'd met his wife. At the time, he'd been a penniless graduate student and had contemplated dropping out to help his mother. But she had insisted on him fulfilling his responsibilities and getting an education. He had the feeling that Queen Anna would have demanded the same of her son.

January 12, 1885

It is official. I detest the Praesidium. They are such a collection of old fools as could never be found anywhere except in this great country, which I have the misfortune to be ruler of. Therefore, I must suffer them to impose upon my time.

But I shall return to the Praesidium. For my university education and my military training and service, both dear to my heart, are to be changed as a result of my ascension to the throne. I shall no longer attend university with my fellows; instead, when I have spare time, professors shall come to instruct me privately. And I shall no longer be allowed to be in active service or train with my regiment as often as I have done in the past. I have been informed that there is simply no time. I shall miss the salons and the vigorous exercise I derived from my military service. It is one thing to hear the professor's lecture, it is entirely another to be deprived of the opportunity to discuss and debate it with my fellow students. And there are interminable ceremonies and endless documents awaiting my signature. I have met a procession of foreign diplomats from the region to congratulate me on my coronation, and there are more to come. I wonder if Father felt the same listlessness I do. I burn with desire to aid this country, but I am being denied at every turn.

It is little surprise who is responsible for these denials. I am aware that Father hand-picked these men for the Praesidium, to counsel him in the administration of the government and to be responsible for the various functions of our government in conjunction with Parliament. I see the necessity of a royal council and perhaps, even, that, as the executive of our government, I should have good men to oversee the workings of our government. I simply do not see why it ought to be them in particular. They are venal, selfish, given to great appetites and reactionaries of the highest order. According to law, these positions are granted for life, though the king has the power to remove them if he wills it. But custom says that members of the Praesidium may only be drawn from a select circle of noblemen, and the law further says that Parliament must vote to approve my choices. The pool of nobles to draw from is both shallow and brackish, and the National Party that controls Parliament would not look kindly on my introducing a fresh, clear, stream into our government. So for the moment I cannot rid myself of them.

But this must be one of my principal objectives. In order to achieve the societal reforms I believe to be in the best interest of our nation, I must first reform the government. I must find a way to weaken the Praesidium and remove the dead branches from the tree of liberty. I must have a Praesidium of my own.

Savigliane
Spokesperson

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Savigliane » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:51 pm

Aji No Moto 1–0 Savigliane
Starting Lineup: Notari - Garcia, Giraudo, LeClerc (Moreau 61) - Marchetti, Vatrican, Dirac (Petit 55), Toscani, Dutto - Coste (Barthelemy 70), Grimaldi

"Francesco Grimaldi with a real chance to tie things up from the spot, especially against an eleven-year-old keeper...here's his run-up, and Grimaldi...sends it over the bar! I don't believe it! He had the equalizer handed to him on a platter - and he's thrown it away! Surely that will be full time...and there it is! The Swans are, once again, a national embarrassment. Absolutely disgusting play against a team of eleven year olds, as for ninety minutes Savigliane cannot break through.

Savigliane 0–0 Ibixa
Starting Lineup: Notari - Garcia, Giraudo, Moreau - Marchetti, Vatrican, Dirac (Auvergne 81), Toscani, Dutto (Vitale 89) - Coste, Grimaldi (Squarciafichi 73)

"Coste makes a run, gets a lovely inside pass from Toscani, and blazes it wide! With time ticking down, surely this match is headed to a scoreless draw now! I can't believe Coste's missed that, and while Ibixa have admittedly had better chances on the night, it's Savigliane who will leave this match the most baleful."

Netop 1–2 Savigliane
Starting Lineup: Notari - Garcia (LeClerc HT), Giraudo, Moreau - Marchetti, Vatrican, Dirac (Auvergne 75), Toscani, Dutto (Vitale 84) - Coste, Grimaldi
Goals: Toscani 11, Giraudo 26

"Garcia and Giraudo both go for it, and both pause, and it's trickled through for Riggs to fire home! A calamitous defensive effort has put Netop back in it - Edward Hernandez is furious! A blazing start to the match has turned sour with the very last touch of the half - can they hold on?"

Savigliane 1–1 Aji No Moto
Starting Lineup: Notari - Garcia, Giraudo, Moreau (s/o 78) - Marchetti, Vatrican (Auvergne 70), Dirac (Petit 64), Toscani, Dutto - Coste, Grimaldi (Vitale 84)
Goals: Marchetti 62

"And there's the full-time whistle! With Netop winning their match, one point each will not be enough for Savigliane or for the eleven-year-olds of Aji No Moto, who the Swans are inexplicably yet to beat. Savigliane will stay in League C for the pivotal second group stage of this new AOCAF format - they still have a shot at the Ro24, but their odds are narrower than ever..."
Last edited by Savigliane on Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Savigliane • La Repubblica Savigliana • done wandering
Leader: Prime Minister-in-Exile Bianca Fiore • Capitals: Acqui Bollente, Villenueve • Population: ~8,000,000
WC87 Video • WC88 Video • WCQ93 Video
The Story of Anaian Savigliane (RP Archive)
Property of Yue Zhou

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:41 pm

BP, Vanorians go best 2 of 3 for chance at advancement
Scitt McCrae
The Daily Mail National Soccer Writer

The Commonwealth National Team have decamped to Banija ahead of their second phase group matches in the AOCAF, where they will be playing at Istria's Olympic Stadium.

First up on the three match fixture list will be Valanora, who defeated Baker Park 3-2 in the sides' most recent match at the end of League A, Group 1 in Capri.

Here in Banija, the margin for error has shrunk considerably, and Manager Jennifer Prescott has hinted that the lineup that started out the tourney will probably see most of the action here, unless qualification for the knockout stage is secured early.

Also upcoming are matches against Northwest Kalactin, who were promoted from League B, and Sarzonia, who were one of the four group winners in the initial League A round robin phase.

Here in the final group stage, the hosts have named each group after various legends from AO nations; the Commonwealth's group is named for Mriin forward Solara Vol, the legendary satyr who has faced off against the Bees in previous encounters.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Qasden
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Qasden » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:54 pm

8 World Cup Titles...and Us

By Tomathan Hammerland

FYRE- Ok, how many stars had the feckin' time to align the other night?

Right, going into the final match of Phase 1, let's be real, the odds of us even coming close to promotion were slimmer than they had been almost all tournament. Literally the match before, after we had gotten a crucial victory over Gyatso-Kai, the Vans were absolutely shamed by the Stallions of Saltstead, losing by 2 goals and missing out on, what should've been, the league-winning points. Yet there we were, 7 points and still in contention to get our asses handed down to League C, a place of fire and brimstone that only a quarter of teams can escape, only to be thrown back by the lamest League A teams in the Play-Ins. Above us, of course, stood the Avatarian Republic's Bisons in looking stronger than ever to move up, only needing a win over Saltstead to seal the deal; in front of us, however, was a challenger to both Gyatso-Kai's chances of promotion and ours: Oontaz Dert Li Ng. In Match 3, when we visited the Sultanate, the Vans were dealt their first loss of the tournament in a decisive 1-0 for the opposing Lions of Sand and Sea. It was certainly an unnerving factor, but if the ass performance in Ashwell has told us anything, it's that we apparently just suck to high heavens when it comes to away matches. 0-1-2 when not on Qad turf is a certainly unsettling fright, particularly when we look ahead to the rest of the tournament ahead, taking place almost entirely in Banija. However, while the NewVans' Away record is something a priest should probably bring a cross for, their Home record has been something of importance to note: 2-0-0, undefeated and widely accepted among the conspiracists in the fanbase. 2-0 is nothing particularly special, though with the final match against Oontaz taking place in Fyre, it may damn as well be something worthy of upholding.

The Sultanate was the first to strike, taking the ball past the early defense and scoring one off Thurstan no more than 8 and a half minutes into the match. Preemptive fears were beginning to simmer, though most just took the form of sighs and mental assurance across the region. The rest of the first half played out as you'd expect, defense woke up, but the offense still had trouble getting the ball to the opposing goalkeeper at all. The second half, however, provided an entertaining mini chain of events, starting with a 57th-Minute goal brought on by forward Willow Harland, a first for the rookie subbing in for Ike Sexton. Almost immediately afterwards, the Oontazniks ran the ball right up to Thurstan, nearly taking three shots before the ball would be firmly back in Qad hands. With fans finding themselves standing up in a mix of enthusiasm and immense anxiety, a feeling of jubilation erupted as midfielder Shug De La Fontaine rocketed the ball into the net at the 70th minute, giving the Vans a lead they would keep for the rest of the match, ending 2-1.

The win would give Qasden a confident 10 points, 6 more than what was acquired in AOCAF 61. However, Gyatso-Kai still stood as the elephant in the group, who just needed a dub to yank any happiness from the progressively drunken fans in T.V. City. To our shock, and especially to their fans' shock, the Saltstead National Team kept their tempo from their bashing of us to stun an absolutely bewildered Bison squad, 2-1, ending their time in League B with a bang. For Qasden, this was a resounding victory that redeemed Saltstead in the hearts of many after previously losing to them, as Gyatso-Kai's defeat meant that the team of rookie misfits from across the River's End would be moving on up to the spotlights of League A, a land of where only the finest of champions' blood would be spilt. Despite their victory, Saltstead would still be relegated to League C, a fate that left the Football Association to withdraw their squad from the tournament in exchange for droids.

Beyond all beliefs, Zimari had managed to bring Qasden to at least a play-in in the tournament, but the show is far, far from over. As we enter Phase 2, the Vans will travel across the Glorious Southwest to Banija for a single round robin group stage, guaranteed some sort of action following the next 3 matches. The action we get, however, is the question up for grabs, but it's fairly certain to say that any success at this point for Qasden would be a surprise on the international scale. The team was drawn into the Simeone Di Bradini Group, named after the legendary Starblaydian with a mark on the Multiverse so big that anyone Under 21 that likes football must play in a tournament with his name drilled into it. In the group stands 3 of the biggest names in the region: the World Cup Champs of Banija, the historically terrifying titans of Audioslavia, and our first opponent of the phase, the 5-time World Cup champions and current defending champions of AOCAF, Starblaydia.

So yeah, we're royally fecked. But can Sylvia Zimari and the Vans continue to shock us in Banija? Stay tuned, stay updated, and stay alert for future QADANS reports, live from the 62nd AOCAF in the Glorious Southwest!
Sporting Achievements
World Cup Ranking: 49th; KPB: 15.66; Style: 0
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

Busoga Islands
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Busoga Islands » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:22 pm

Time for the Phase 2 Matchday 1 cutoff of the AOCAFs! And with all of us at 0-0-0 again, we all say the same thing... I believe that we will win!

League A

Simeone Di Bradini Group
Audioslavia 0–2 Banija
Starblaydia 1–0 Qasden

Simeone Di Bradini Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Banija 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
2 Starblaydia 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Qasden 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
4 Audioslavia 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Sobek Dehena Group
Vilita & Turori 6–4 Mriin
Farfadillis 2–2 Busoga Islands

Sobek Dehena Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Vilita & Turori 1 1 0 0 6 4 +2 3
2 Busoga Islands 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
Farfadillis 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
4 Mriin 1 0 0 1 4 6 −2 0

Karsten Eiger Group
Hapilopper 1–2 Chromatika
Ko-oren 3–2 Euran Oceania Territories

Karsten Eiger Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Ko-oren 1 1 0 0 3 2 +1 3
2 Chromatika 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Euran Oceania Territories 1 0 0 1 2 3 −1 0
4 Hapilopper 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0

Solara Vol Group
Northwest Kalactin 1–2 Sarzonia
Baker Park 1–3 Valanora

Solara Vol Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Valanora 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2 3
2 Sarzonia 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Northwest Kalactin 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
4 Baker Park 1 0 0 1 1 3 −2 0

League B

Keira Andisori Group
Gyatso-Kai 0–0 Demot
Krytenia 3–3 Netop

Keira Andisori Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Krytenia 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
Netop 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
3 Demot 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Gyatso-Kai 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

Ronnie van Rijn Group
Siovanija & Teusland 0–3 Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Tropicorp 1–0 Osarius

Ronnie van Rijn Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Oontaz Dert Li Ng 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3
2 Tropicorp 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Osarius 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
4 Siovanija & Teusland 1 0 0 1 0 3 −3 0

Xíxì Êns Group
Flavovespia 1–0 Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Pluvia and the Saxean Isles 0–1 Dogsmouth

Xíxì Êns Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Dogsmouth 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
Flavovespia 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Pluvia and the Saxean Isles 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0

Ezio Grassi Group
Freeport Isles 1–6 Equestria
Gallavrynga 4–3 Lochario

Ezio Grassi Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Equestria 1 1 0 0 6 1 +5 3
2 Gallavrynga 1 1 0 0 4 3 +1 3
3 Lochario 1 0 0 1 3 4 −1 0
4 Freeport Isles 1 0 0 1 1 6 −5 0

League C

Zachary Fortin Group
Aji No Moto 1–1 Khytonya
Yesopalitha 1–2 Twicetagria

Zachary Fortin Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Twicetagria 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
2 Aji No Moto 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
Khytonya 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
4 Yesopalitha 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0

Gitonga Kahara Group
Legalese 2–3 Aut-Ves-Nat
O.T. Sylestone 2–2 Iles Rogieres

Gitonga Kahara Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Aut-Ves-Nat 1 1 0 0 3 2 +1 3
2 Iles Rogieres 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
O.T. Sylestone 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
4 Legalese 1 0 0 1 2 3 −1 0

Kristofer Kilpter Group
North Handoria 2–0 Huayramarca
Tioguldos 0–1 Savigliane

Kristofer Kilpter Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 North Handoria 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
2 Savigliane 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Tioguldos 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
4 Huayramarca 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Pristina Shine Group
Anthor 1–0 Saltstead
Sett Forest 1–0 Ibixa

Pristina Shine Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Anthor 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
Sett Forest 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Ibixa 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
Saltstead 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
Last edited by Busoga Islands on Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gyatso-kai » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:00 am

.:: From the ASPN Blog After Thoughts in a Blip ::.
2215 hours, 12 November 2020.2

Draw 2 with Qasden
Won by 1 with Oontaz, let them score one
Won by 2 with Saltstead, shut them out.
Lose by 2 to Qasden, only score once.
Draw 2 with Oontaz
Lose by 1 with Saltstead, only score once.

Still in League B, though now in the Keira Andisori Group. Though that brings to question...

Who is Keira Andisori?

According to the Banijan Host Guide, Keira Andisori came from our northern neighbor Chromatika. Synonymous with what was known as the "Rainbow Revolution" - an event that reshaped and redefined Chromatika into the nation and society that it is today - Andisori currently sits atop the Chromatika List for Caps and Goals. An impressive 133 goals pale in comparison to the 177 caps she currently possesses, and even more impressive is the fact that Andisori is STILL active. She is a generational player for Chromatika, and one whose name carries weight throughout the multi-verse in the halls of football.

What about the group?

In terms of survivability, the Bisons are the second-ranked team in the group, with Krytenia above us. The Dragons are a team we have never faced, however, they are one which has carved their names in football history. Besides hoisting the AOCAF Cup and the Cup of Harmony, Krytenia is credited with founding the AOCAF itself.

The Demot Dynamos are right below The Bisons in terms of rank; the Bisons at 31st and Demot at 35th. Demot placed third in Group B4 during Phase 1, with a 2-1-3 record. Not much is known about the team, though they are sure to put up a hell of a fight to avoid being sent home.

The unranked team in our group, Netop, is a newcomer to the scene. Coming into their first World Cup last edition after a quaterfinal run in the Baptism of Fire, the former overseas colony of Kohnhead looks to continue to carve their way into the annals of the football realm.

What are our chances?

Like every other tournament, you just never know with the Bisons. One game, we are striking hot and near-unstoppable, while the next we fumble and flounder without a hope in the world.

We just have to hope that the guys who show up each day we play will be the red-hot ones and not the smoldering ashes of past defeats...
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:01 am

The first group stage came to an end, and eight entrants were forced out of the airlocks, sent back down to where they can be less suspect about being the Champion. On the other hand, eight fresh entrants made their way up the league structure to provide a whole new set of distrust and deceit over the identity of the Champion.

In the first of the League A Groups, all of which named after AO legends, there's something that the other participants feel is just a little off about it. Can't put my finger one what it is, but they've all just got that feeling...

Dropping down to League B and the Keira Andisori Group, yet again it's cyan being seen in a group where everyone has the same number of points. Kry is sus. Confident. 100% sure. Definitely up to something.

It's still a little too early to figure out who's in the most sus spots, but contenders are starting to emerge.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Khytonya
Attaché

Founded: Apr 11, 2018

Postby Khytonya » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:55 am

Postmatch Review - Second Stage: Matchday One

*Aji No Moto 1 <--X--> 1 Khytonya*

History Still Repeated, Khytonya Stood Ground

Remember the first time Khytonya met a better team in their maiden year of the AOCAF and ended with a tie for both of them? Well, look at today's result. The Magical Bhoys took home with a point against the Ajians, featuring the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. In fact, as this is a phase where only one winner remains, it reads like a cautionary tale. We did say there won't be any room for errors, and look at one right now. I understand Khytonya shouldn't take themselves hard because they're unranked, to begin with. But this was not the ideal result to have in a group game like this. So without further ado, let's take matchday one and process it into something digestive.

First Half: The first few minute saw a few Ajian actions from the three main forwards, especially from striker Sawako Takudo. Suddenly on the 5th minute, winger Shigemi Siagyo lets out a rocket of a shot, sending the ball past Monahan for the Ajians who took an early lead of 1-0. As soon as the referee restarted, Liaw attempted to reply with another early goal. A pass to Sakai led to a save by Aji No Moto's keeper Mitsumasa Tatsuko. Khytonya would have to wait for vaguely 15 minutes before another chance was given to them. For now, the defenders had to withstand a load of the front three's constant attacking. Both sides were left struggling, but it was the Ajians themselves who can't seem to break the Khytonian wall. It'd worked for Siagyo, so why doesn't it work now?

In the 21st minute, Boucher summoned an attacking play despite midfielder Tatsunori Yasuhiro and defender Aina Mazuka coming after him. He outpaced his markers and lobbed the ball to Liaw to volley, but again Tatsuko pushed his shot away for a rebound goal by Sakai. The ball eventually went wide. The rest of the half now consists of missed shots and some rough play from both sides. McTavish picked up her third booking of the tournament following a heavy push to Siagyo, whilst defender Takeaki Nataga tripped Sakai to the ground, resulting in a yellow card.

Second Half: The shots continued to miss even in the second half, although the two teams' forwards started to show signs of shooting on target. Other than that, the score was in favour of Aji No Moto, who enjoyed dominance in the field with possessions stats going off the charts. Slowly, the tide turns to Khytonya in form of a handball penalty in the 56th minute by Mazuka. Liaw missed the penalty but that was just the beginning of the Magical Bhoys long march to a comeback. This time, the Ajians were steadily outplayed by Khytonya, controlling the midfield section as a cage for unfortunate players who were trapped to see the ball caught by them.

At long last, Khytonya gained an upper hand in the 88th minute. Effectively, the Ajian back three the ones were suffering the most from putting down any Khytonian attacks. They seemed to hold well, even on par with the former's own back four. As the stoppage time commenced, with an extra 3 minutes to play a free-kick was given. Matthews was given a free-kick following a craggy play by Ajian midfielder Mayu Urogataya. With one last shot of the game, she chipped the ball past the wall and into the top-right corner, saving Khytonya from a devastating loss. The referee blew his whistle with a score of 1-1. Cheers from Khytonian fans in the stands of the Wolf's Den shouted loudly, despite picking up a draw. This match was one of the great classics in Khytonya's football history, next to their victory over North Handoria from the previous phase.

What does it mean?

Alice Matthews can now be part of the list of heroic players contributing to Khytonya's success. Apart from an impressive free-kick goal, she made key runs that contributed to the Magical Bhoys' comeback win.
Disregarding his inability to save long shots, Monahan managed to hold up penalty box well enough to force Ajians making attacking mistakes. Indeed, he brought over his performance from the last game with great success and will hope to continue in future matches.

Still in the same stadium as matchday one, Khytonya will take on Twicetagaria after a win over Yesopalthia. The latter will be Aji No Moto's next opponent.
Last edited by Khytonya on Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Just your friendly kid from the island!

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:13 am

After a lucky goal against Farfadillis, Ko-oren survives League A in the first phase and now is drawn in a group with Chromatika, the Euran AO territories, and Hapilopper. Two more matches stand in between the Dragonflies and a halfway decent seeding in the AOCAF knockouts - especially with the 3-2 victory over the Eurans. The one problem the KFA had with the draw for phase two is that the Dragonflies weren't drawn in a group that carries the name of the biggest Dragonfly of them all - instead, that group holds Vilita & Turori, the Busoga Islands, Farfadillis, and Mriin.

Chromatika comes from Group A1, following five wins and a draw. We won't like to admit it, but they are the team to beat and in much better shape than us. They even held off Baker Park and Valanora. The Euran AO territories came third in a group with Vilita & Turori and Starblaydia, surviving with just a win and two draws, including a 0-0 versus the title holders themselves. Hapilopper earn promotion to League A and the Karsten Eiger group through three wins and a draw in a group versus Tropicorp, Demot, and Twicetragria, and finish first on the head-to-head versus the former. That makes Hapilopper a rare negative goal difference group winner, but I'm sure they'll take whatever they can get.

The bigger story here is that Sobek Dehenat is finally honoured internationally. Named among the likes of Simeone di Bradini (who surely doesn't need an introduction), Karsten Eiger of Audioslavia (active through the 60s), and Mrii Solara Vol. Maybe our Sobek will one day have a trophy named after him, as well. Small goals, I suppose. League B and C see players from Krytenia, Chromatika, Farfadillis, Osarius, Quebec, Banija, Vilita, and Equestria. Maybe someone on the organising committee has something against the Elves. Whether Turori deserves its own mention remains to be seen. In the AOCAF, they compete alongside Vilita, but they are legends in their own right in the World Cup.

At the same time, that's the most representation our stars of the past get. No stadiums are named after them (save the odd stand or bleacher here and there), for instance. Few ex-Dragonflies have started charities, either. They have even ignored managerial jobs or broadcasting deals, except an appearance here or there. You'd at least expect some of them to lead a fourth division team from their backyard or something. Maybe that's the result of decades of focusing on systems and positions over people and individual talent...
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Khytonya
Attaché

Postby Khytonya » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:57 am

The Prelude 2 ¬ Second Stage: Matchday Two

Twicetagaria is Khytonya's next opponent. So far, the Sergeants are doing well coming off a win over Yesopalthia. And they're placed 20 in the official rankings. That says something about the quality of the team, though Twicetagaria are relegated from League B. The unfortunate part is that their tactics include exploiting the defender's mistake and set up a good chance via TIki-taka passing, meaning anyone caught fooling around will be punished severely. Alternatively, anyone trying to be a lone wolf will be caught off guard and result in cruel humiliation. The point is to stay in position, watch out for incoming passes, and use the possessions wisely. You don't reap the good parts if all you do is mindlessly shoot till a goal comes.

Twicetagaria are going in a 3-5-2 formation. Now, remember we briefly talked about rumours circulating about the use of 4-3-3 and its implementation. Well, this formation is easily overturned because, obviously, there are more midfielders in a 3-5-2 than a 4-3-3. Besides, Liaw isn't superhuman. He needs someone to assist in scoring. And we understand, Neilson and Reinhart are great wingers. Runs like a cheetah. Shoots like a cannon. Focused on what's on the field. All that good jazz. But we're facing a team that could potentially beat the Magical Bhoys badly. Let's not risk something dangerous. They can't afford any mistakes here. Best leave this tactic when Khytonya met Yesopalthia. For now, stick to what works.

Also, we now receive a confirmation that the RKFA will bid on two stadiums to host the knockout stages; Scarlet Park and Tengoku Coliseum. We'll touch on that later in the next article. After that, join us for another match summary covering what happens on the field. See you there!

Flavovespia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Flavovespia » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Flavovespia 1–0 Royal Kingdom of Quebec

It was a game that could’ve gone either way, and was a tense encounter throughout, but finally Flavovespia managed to break their winless streak in this tournament. The win over Quebec means they’ve made a great start in their first group game of Phase 2, as they bid to make the knockout stages.

Despite the draw and loss in the last two games, Arnold Stevenson kept most of the starting line up the same. The only 2 changes were Murad Ahmed in for Kieron Player, and Mark Paul for Ramon Martin. Mark Paul was the listed sole striker, with Scott Coleman still in as centre attacking midfielder, flanked by Jonathan Feld and Steven Hall. Of course Flavovespia and Quebec had met 3 times before. 1 win (in extra time for Flavovespia), 1 draw and 1 loss was the record between the two sides, in a matchup that was close on paper.

It looked close in the opening exchanges of this match. 8 minutes in and Scott Coleman nearly repeated his feat of the previous game of an early goal. Only a block on the line by a defender, after the keeper was beaten, was all that kept the Flavovespian star from opening the scoring. A huge sigh of relief was let out by the Quebec fans, and premature cheers ending in frustration for the Flavovespians.

Quebec had their best chance 3 minutes from the end of the first half, as they began to look the stronger side. A corner was whipped in, and after the first contact saw the ball bounce across the box, a Quebecois striker lunged onto it and aimed it goalwards. David Meehan showed no signs of aging, with an acrobatic parry away, and Murad Ahmed then hoofed the ball away from the box. 0-0 it was at half-time, but both teams had produced some moments that on another day could’ve been so much more decisive.

The second half saw Flavovespia begin to press forward, and it looked like they were edging their way to opening the scoring. They were making more passes, had more possession, and had more shots on targets. Twice good chances by Steven Hall were denied by fine saves by the Quebecois goalkeeper, diving to push the ball away from goal. The second half looked like a half where the deadlock would be broken.

It was in the 70th minute when a big moment in the game occurred. A quick break by Quebec saw their winger dart into the box, and under pressure from David Blythe, went down. The referee didn’t hesitate to point to the spot, and despite the angry protests by the Flavovespia back line, the video referee upheld the decision. It was a golden chance for Quebec to take the lead. David Meehan guessed correctly, but it didn’t matter. The shot was too wide and too high, and flew past the goalposts and into the stand behind. It remained goalless, a devastating miss for Quebec in such a close game.

That let off seemed to light a fire under Flavovespia, and with the minutes ticking away, they attacked with pace and ferocity, although the technique was lapsing. The game was becoming end-to-end, and even as the 5 minutes went up for injury time, it still seemed like there was a goal in it. In the 92nd minute, the decisive moment happened. Steven Hall had a narrow angle to whip in a cross, but he was able to get it away. Under pressure, Scott Coleman couldn’t take control of the ball and could merely flick it on. However, his touch took it just into the path of Mark Paul. The striker sent in a one touch shot, which flew just under the crossbar and into the underside of the net. Mark Paul had his first ever international goal, and he threw off his shirt in celebration before being mobbed by his teammates. They had taken the lead with mere minutes left, and all of the struggles of the opening 6 games was forgotten in that moment. Quebec were nonplussed, and were unable to mount an attack in the final moments to salvage an equaliser.

Dogsmouth recorded a 0-1 win over Flavovespia’s next opponent, Pluvia and the Saxean Isles. Pluvia and the Saxean Isles are debutants in the AOCAF Cup, but ran out Group C3 winners, in a group that included Tioguldos to make it here. Certainly not an opponent to be underestimated, Flavovespia will need to keep the momentum from the win over Quebec going to get a result in their second game of the Phase 2 group stage. Whilst the victory over Quebec is just one game in this group, and the tournament, it has brought back some of the feel good factor that Flavovespia have missed in recent games. Maybe, just maybe, this tournament will turn around and be a relative success for Flavovespia.
Formerly the Republic of Greater Waldster, internationally known as Greater Watford. IC It's a long story (OOC I didn't like using real place names)

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:07 pm

Now that the Atlantian Oceania Cup of Association Football's 62nd edition is in the second stage in this unfamiliar format, the matches become more important.

In a group with longtime football powers Valanora and recently-minted multi-sport rivals Baker Park and Northwest Kalactin, the matches take on far greater significance for the Sarzonian national football team and new manager Nicola Mentes. Sarzonia won its first match of this second phase of the tournament, knocking off Northwest Kalactin 2-1 thanks to the offence of Jake Campos and the defence of Charlie King and goalkeeper Paolo Gomes.

Campos scored both goals on assists by midfielder Brady Reynolds in the 13th minute and midfielder and captain Clayton Wilson in the 43rd, sandwiched around Northwest Kalactin's Keith Torres's 27th minute tally. Gomes made five saves, including an acrobatic how the everloving FUCK did he save THAT stop in the 36th minute of a rising bid by Torres to put his team ahead. Torres appeared to kick at the ground in frustration after Gomes' denial and after Gomes easily corralled a corner kick attempt by Steve Gilbert into the box following the Torres bid. King took on directly marking Torres after defender Ben Russell subbed for a hobbling John Taylor in the 37th minute. Mentes told the media Taylor would be available for the next match against Valanora.

"This was never going to an easy result to get," Mentes said. "Northwest Kalactin are a strong side, and we knew we had to match their intensity in order to give ourselves a better chance to move on in this tournament."

Valanora are four-time champions of AOCAF, though they are eclipsed in this particular tournament by the likes of Starblaydia and Pacitalia in the tournament's lengthy history as the best regional football championship in the multiverse. Valanora have also finished second and third four times each. As for the Stars, they've won AOCAF twice, in AOCAF XII and XXIX, and finished second four times and third three times. Valanora are also five-time World Cup winners who have two runners up finishes and eight bronze medals. The Stars have won one World Cup title, finished as runners up once, and have two bronze medals, though one of those came at the expense of Valanora as the Stars defeated them 3-2 at The Great Dome in Gernsback during the Third Place Playoff in The Babbage Islands during World Cup 59.

So, there is definite history here between one of the sport's all-time blue bloods and a team that has made a lesser mark in international football. The only question is whether the history will be enough to push the Marauders through or will Sarzonia's recent past, one that has seen the team rapidly return to prominence, allow the Stars to prevail. The only way to answer that question will be to play the match.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Audioslavia » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:33 pm

Original Script

So we need to talk about Cosumar.

Now I don’t want to be rude about Cosumarite football, the nation’s league system is one of the best in the multiverse, but their national team, despite having had periods of success, have never been considered to be one of the all-time greats.

But then… here they are. Near the top of this list. And here they are in this graph.

Here, the amount of official silverware a team has won goes along the X axis, and the amount of UWC title reigns they’ve had is along the Y axis. We’ve divided the graph into nine squares.

In the lower left square: Pretty much every nation in history. A couple of trophies here or there, a couple of runs with the Unofficial Championship . The bottom square contains teams that prefer winning real trophies. To the top right we have the teams that are always in the top right section of these charts. The top left is… pretty much just Cosumar. What can I say? They’re fans of the unofficial title.

---

It is a shame that the purple championship is inactive, but hey, I think it’s amazing that the lineal championship even *got* to World Cup 80.

At the end of each qualifying phase, a tightrope has to be walked. Should the holder lose to a fly-by-night mid-table team that has no intention of signing up to the World Cup for the next cycle, the belt they hold will be lost forever.

Take this example from recent history. Cosumar’s eighth title reign is ended by Chromatika, who defend it successfully against Valanora in the AOCAF Cup final, and take it into World Cup Qualifying Group 5 in World Cup 80. They successfully avoid a number of middling teams... up to a point...

The title is passed back to Chromatika again, who lose to Mriin for a second time, and the onus is now on Mriin to defend it against Kalumba, Aji no Moto, Garifunya and Cosneolta. Four teams that no longer participate in the World Cup. Should they lose any of these games, there’s a chance their title belt could be taken out of circulation.

They lose it on the final day. From here, the fate of the UWC title rests in the hands of a Mercedini dependency that hasn’t qualified for the last thirty-two, and that may or may not sign up for the next World Cup. Replace the word ‘Mercedini’ with ‘Juvencus’ in that sentence and we have the exact problem that beset the purple title in Qualifying Group 8 of the same tournament.

Fortunately, Cosneolta come back in cycle 81, sparing the blushes of our beloved narrator.

Both titles have had to go through this gauntlet plenty of times before. That we’ve only *permanently* lost *one* belt is very lucky indeed.

After that scare, the blue belt is largely kept in safer pairs of hands, until the second decade of NS Sport ends with Farfadillis taking the Unofficial World Championship from Vilita in the final of World Cup 84.

At the time these graphics were prepared, that was the most recent UWC title bout. That’s the thing about the Unofficial World Championship: There will never be a set of final, definitive statistics to scroll over a Google Earth backdrop because there are always numbers being added, day after day, week after week. Between making and publishing an Idiot Project video, the data would be out of date. From here, it’s much easier to simply update the database, and make sure everyone has access to the link.

Secondly, now that we have the data here, and now that we know which team holds the belt, we, as a community, can track it. It gives a pleasing extra dimension to international football. There will always be games in every cycle where the stakes are that little bit higher. One extra marquee game every matchday. At the very least, a second thing for you to check after every scorination.

Now that we’ve breathed life into this idea, it will go on and on until…

...well that’s the thing. There will, one day, be a last, final Unofficial World Champion. There will come a point where the last ball is kicked in international football, and whether that will be in two years, or twenty, or at the heat-death of the universe, is unknowable.

If you are the final champion, and you’re watching this video, then you’re welcome for the incomplete history of the belt you picked up out of the rubble.

Whoever you are, you’re about to enter a special room at the end of the universe marked ‘Unofficial World Champions Club’. When you open the door, you’ll see something called Endray Island. Ask them where the hell they’ve been. Show them this video. See what they think.

Thank you for watching. I’ve been <character name>

Trivia / Extras
  • The 'Last' Champion. Last means 'most recent'. If one person saw the title and thought 'oh no, there was a final champion' then my plan worked. The idea of the 'last' champion does kind of get touched on though.
  • http://www.tinyurl.com/unofficialworldchampionship
  • Kry recorded this script blind. He hadn’t seen any of the other videos in Episode 4 and yet had to sum up the entire series. The result is probably the most impressive guest vocal performance I’ve ever had. Kry is really good at this.
  • Kry’s edit of the script is better than the original, posted above. This is nice but also annoys me.
  • I added a bit about FFR leaving at the end, but then removed it.

Transcript: Press conference by Jeremy Jaffacake in the wake of Audioslavia's third defeat to Banija in the space of three weeks.

I want to thank the Audioslavian people for their tremendous support, millions and millions of people watched us play tonight. And a very sad group of people is trying to annoy that group of people and we won’t stand for it. We will not stand for it.

I want to thank Rubio Sanchez and Sue Sanchez-Dysos for being with us all through this. And we were getting ready for a big celebration. We were winning everything and all of a sudden it was just called off. The results tonight have been phenomenal and we are getting ready… I mean, literally we were just all set to get outside and just celebrate something that was so beautiful, so good. Such a football, such a success to footballers of this country have scored goals in record numbers. This is a record. There’s never been anything like it to support our incredible movement. We won three matches against Banija that we weren't expected to win. Game one, we didn’t win it. We won it by a lot.
We won the great League A. We won matchday six against Banija, we won matchday six against Banija. We beat Banija. We beat Banija by 700,000 goals and they don’t even include it in the tabulations. It’s also clear that we have beaten Sarzonia. They’re never going to catch us. They can’t catch us. Likewise we’ve clearly beaten Starblaydia. We’re 77,000 goals with only approximately 5 minutes left, not ninety. They can’t catch us. We also, if you look and you see Qasden, we have a lot of life in that. And somebody declared that it was a victory for… And maybe it will be. I mean, that’s possible. But certainly there are a lot of goals out there that we could get because we’re now just coming into what they call Bull territory. I don’t know what you call it.

The gentleman that called it, I watched tonight. He said, “What, is it my stripes being horizontal?" Well, horizontal? And we don’t even care. We don’t care. That was just a MMO that if we would have won it, it would have been nice. AOCAF Us. But there’s a possibility, maybe even a good possibility. In fact, since I saw that originally it’s been changed and the people calling us 'sus' have substantially come down just in a small amount of time. So we want that obviously to stay in play. But most importantly, we’re winning League A1 by a tremendous amount of points.

We’re up 600 points. Think of this. Think of this. Think of this. We’re up 690,000 points in League A1, 690,000. These aren’t even close. This is not like, “Oh, it’s close…” With most of the matches played, it’s going to be almost impossible to catch. And we’re coming into good League A1 areas where they happen to like your favourite north-eastern island. I mean, it’s very good. So we’ll probably expand that. We’re winning the whole cup, but I’ll tell you, I looked at the numbers. I said, “Wow.” I looked, I said, “Wow, that’s a lot.” And I said, “Well, we don’t need all of them. We need…” Because when you add Banija in, which wasn’t added, I spoke with the really wonderful manager of Chromatika just a little while ago, Richard Valens, he said, “Congratulations.” He called me to congratulate me on winning League A1.

The way to win football games is, the way to win, you just have to grab them by the.."

*a clearly inebriated Jeremy Jaffacake is hurriedly tipped off the stage and into a waiting taxi*

The Overseas Territories of Sylestone
Secretary

Founded: Jul 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Overseas Territories of Sylestone » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Dropped to League C
How are we so bad?
Zero hope, zero glee
It makes us all really sad.

A draw to begin with.
No worse start.
Surviving by the skin of our teeth
Have to win to get top of the chart.

But we can do it, we know we can.
We are the best side here.
If we don’t do it, we’ll hit the fan
And have to bat a tear.

Oh Maggie, why did you do this to us?
You’ve gone and thrown us under a bus.

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:49 pm

We're Doing The Points Thing Again
By Rami Niblick in Aissa, Banija

SIX goals in two matches. I think it's safe to say the Krytenian attack is back on the boil. Unfortunately, the defence has also conceded six in two games as the Dragons started Phase Two in the exact same fashion they finished Phase One - with a three-all draw.

Netop came into this competition as a relative unknown, and have turned many heads since arriving. They've been on the opposite trajectory to the Krytenians, who failed to make the grade in Phase One. It's perhaps not surprising, then, that the two sides were so evenly matched. Netop are a throwback to how we used to play in our earliest years against the likes of Dennisov, Squornshelous, and Oglethorpia. No fear, soak up the pressure, be swift and merciless on the break. The early exchanges had a pretty consistent pattern, namely Netop getting players behind the ball when Krytenia were in possession, looking for the opportunity to make a tackle or an interception, then moving the ball quickly upfield while their opponents were still out of position. It wasn't a foolproof scenario - the best chances of the first quarter of the game or so fell to the Dragons, with the recalled Apollo Peters forcing a good save from Johnny Howells with a well struck low shot, and Alun Belmwr having a header cleared off the line by Netopian captain Constance Vaughan - but it did frustrate the Dragons, and led to Netop taking the lead. Vaughan was the architect, seeing a chance for a break and clearing long to Zoe Kinney, who had the pace to beat Joey Sinton to the ball before lifting the ball over an onrushing Damien Carpenter and into the net.

This mainly encouraged Krytenia to redouble their efforts in front of goal. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it was Belmwr who snagged the equaliser, Joe Bielsa managing to get beyond Jorge Diaz and delivering a pinpoint cross that the New Cefn Albion stiker duly nodded past Howells and into the net. Netop had been in front for all of three minutes at this point. Krytenia continued to grow in confidence throughout the half, and went into the break courtesy of a trademark Cormac O'Neill free-kick, the midfielder bending one beyond the wall and past the desperate dive of the Netopian keeper to make it two-one.

Sadly, the half-time break seemed to interrupt the Dragons' momentum, and it allowed Netop back into the game. Krytenia were less gung-ho with the ball in their opponents' third of the pitch, lessening the chances of a counter-attack, but the Friends are no slouches on the ball, and they proved this in the way they scored the equaliser. A patient move consisted of a good twenty-five passes as Netop stretched the Krytenian defence and midfield, before Kinney played in Teddy Riggs to put the crucial strike past Carpenter and bring the scores level at two-two.

Both sides seemed to slip into s holding pattern for a while after that, neither wanting to leave the opening for their opponents, but at the same knowing a win was still there for the taking. In the end it was Netop who blinked first, with a set-piece their undoing for the second time in the match. Ben Foyle's corner wasn't fantastic, but Heather Burrows' header cleared the ball only to Sinton twenty-five yards out. He thumped a volley at goal that took an unfortunate deflection off Savanna Park before going in past a completely wrongfooted Howells.

Krytenia huffed and puffed at this point, looking to kill off the game with a fourth goal, but despite a close call from Neil Smith that fizzed narrowly over, it was simply not coming. It would prove to be the undoing of the men in sky blue and white, as a late equaliser from Riggs, drifting into the box to latch onto a Lyla Wormald cross, ensured the points would be shared.

A point is, of course, less than ideal, but then again it's not the end of the world either. Gyatso-kai and Demot drew in their opening game of the phase, which means everyone is tied on points.

Again.

We need to stop doing this; hopefully we can with a win over the Bisons on Matchday Two. Onward!

NETOP - 3
Kinney 25
Riggs 50, 89

KRYTENIA - 1
Belmwr 28
O'Neill 41
Park (og) 66
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:14 pm

AOCAF LXII Group Stage 2 Matchday 1

Matchday 6: Hapilopper 1-2 Chromatika
Goals: Hauser '25, Kuznetsov '59
Starting XI: Fillar; De Saint-Pierre - Slaven - Ingram - Adams; Winge - Zuniga (C) - Kuznsetsov; Hauser; Haggard - Gainsbourg.
Substitutes: Larriet-Cortes -> Zuniga ('50), Fillar -> Hauser ('71), Guess -> Adams ('82)
After Hapilopper's Ernie Stevenson opened the scoring early in the tenth minute, Chromatika recovered and controlled the rest of the pitch in a tight affair as Vasiliy Marten Kuznoetsov's header in the fifty-ninth minute proved to be the decider in a tight affair as Chromatika ultimately prevailed in a tight 2-1 victory.

The game really boiled down to the action at the final thirds of the match as Juxon Fillar was able to stop the flow of the Hapilopper attack while Hauser and later Kuznetsov were able to get the ball into the opposing net, ultimately prevailing in a 2-1 fashion in Herzegovina City, Moravica.

In what was an ultimately frenetic match, both sides' midfields were very busy. Thankfully for Chromatika, Winge, Zuniga, and Kuznetsov were in control for most of the match, especially after the first ten minutes.

"It was the equivalent of getting cold water being thrown in our faces," admitted Kuznetsov, "But we were able to recover, thankfully.

Next, the Chromatiks will try to get a hold of the Euran Oceanic Territories's number once again.

"A top four seed is our goal," admitted Kuznetsov, "And we really think we can get there."
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Khytonya
Attaché

Postby Khytonya » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:24 pm

Stadiums that will host the Knockout Stages: Matchday Two

We now take a break from a brief football analysis for something completely different. Mainly, we're talking about the fields the RKFA has announced to host the remaining knockout stages. That's right, lads. It's not just Khytonya who will play in their home soils. There will be other nations flying to our country for fans to watch the biggest stars in the entire region (and possibly the world). You can say this is the Khytonian's first hosting experience, but we like to think it's a memorable feat. Two of these places will likely be used, and the same goes for other national FAs who also apply their stadiums as well. Without further ado, let's see what stadiums are in stores now.

Scarlet Park, Honeport, Former Kynerish State

Our first football field announced is a very well-known place in Honeport, and an icon of Khytonian culture: Scarlet Park. Though it first broke ground in 1921, Scarlet Park is actually one of the long lines of other stadiums baring the same name, with the earliest dating back to 1866. Initially, its capacity can reach up to 5,000 seats (the largest of all arenas at the time) but more of them would be added as time goes by. This is mainly because Khytonya's own football competition, the Imperial Cup, needed a bigger venue to host a national final, preferably in Khytonya's capital city so the seating gets an upgrade. By the time it gets expanded to the current 65,000 seating, Scarlet Park went through 7 renovations from 1956 to 1994. There's even a safe standing area that's been recently installed a few years ago and there are plans to expand the areas as well.

Today, Scarlet Park is Khytonya's main home arena for international games and doubles as a top-flight arena for Honeport Victory (one of the most successful teams in the KPL). Its most recognisable quirk is the four buildings in the corner, meant to represent the castle towers of old Kynerish years to give a symbolism as the Khytonian's football fortress. Also, the square box shape of the building gives a rise to the nickname 'the Chocolate Box'. Oddly enough, as seen with the other matches, there has yet to be a time where Khytonya will win there. Unlike the other stadium which is...

Tengoku Coliseum, St. Nicholas, Former Tonecian State

Tengoku Coliseum is one of the more recent football fields, built at least 5 years ago. It's meant to be used as a home ground for St. Nicholas FC but quickly got its popularity as the national team's second pitch to play on for its atmospheric feel and its futuristic design to contrast other traditionally built arenas. Though it only can house 55,000 supporters, the majority suggests that they prefer 'the Paradise' over the former. Prior to its inception, the Tonecian regions never have an arena like this. Instead, the stadium with the highest capacity only goes up to 22,000 seats, which is more than a few other grounds in the Kynerish regions, but it's small compared to some of the more well-known ones.

Tengoku Coliseum consistently sold out most of the matches in the KPL. It's expected that the experience will also be the same for the knockout stages, at least from the fan's perspective. It's also going to be Khytonya's home ground should they take first place in the Fortin Group.

Well, there you have it. Two of these grounds will be the hosts for some matches. Perhaps more may come but we're not getting too ahead of ourselves. We have a match to cover, and it's going to be just as astronomical as everything else before. Stay tuned for the review after a match between Khytonya and Twicetagaria. Ciao!
Last edited by Khytonya on Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:02 pm

© Sporting Times Weekend 2020
Uphill climb left for BP in Istria
by Mindy Cartwright, National Soccer Editor

A third consecutive defeat--the second in a row to Valanora--in AOCAF 62 has the Commonwealth National Team staring at the reality that they will need to win both of the final two matches in the second phase of group play; they face Northwest Kalactin, and then Sarzonia prior to the determinations of who will advance to knockout rounds.

Despite the inconsistent form, the one sense that you don't discern among the squad is panic, nor do you hear anger from Manager Jen Prescott as results look less what most people are used to from Baker Park in major tournaments, especially the regional where the overall record of the team was 31 wins and 4 draws against just six defeats coming into this edition.

Prescott hasn't avoided discussing the up & down nature of this tournament so far, and doesn't shy away from including herself and the staff in criticism of the results up to now.

"We knew what the possibilities were when it was decided on this particular course of personnel management for the tourney; I realize that the home press knows this, but for the others, we don't do much of anything involving the National Team in a vacuum. Dave Carlson, Trevor (Richmond), Maestro, Mister D, myself, Darren. We all have input and make our particular cases for certain ideas, and this group was chosen for the mixture of players with potential but in need of playing experience, and experienced players who need to learn how to lead. We are doing that, and that's where it stands. We (the coaches) are adapting to new circumstances as well, and we know that there have been things we can improve on. Everyone in this group understands their situation, and so far everyone has performed and behaved like the pros they are."

Lineup vs NK:
Johnston; Freeman, Onikambe, Jordan (C); Rizzo, Nolan, Altman, Aguilar; Gibson; Pryor, Garvey

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Lakiska, Busoga Islands

It's nearly unheard of for a delegation from a third country to be in attendance at a State Visit involving two other nations, but this was no ordinary occasion.

The entourage representing the Commonwealth at this historic visit by Kabaka Mwanga to the Busoga Islands was small, but very specific for the reasons they were selected: Hannah Delaney, who previously as Secretary of State for the Commonwealth had acted as Prime Minister Rebecca Schoenlein's representative in the aftermath of the Equestria-Banija War, meeting former President Ibrahaim Razov and acting as a channel between Equestria and Baker Park.

Now that she had switched positions with Thomas Dixon, as Foreign Minister she was able to conduct the low level, then senior level negotiations that had brought together the Busogans & Banijans to finally put aside the recriminations from Mattias Mutebi era and begin to work together as partners within their sphere of influence. Dixon now served as the PM's representative, carrying a letter to both nations' leaders from Schoenlein, and another from Head of State Timothy Wentworth, who both hailed the agreement, and gave the commitment of the Commonwealth to help with the maintaining of the various agreements that had been negotiated.

The Belle Haven Agreement was widely hailed within Baker Park as a diplomatic success, and congratulatory messages from other regional allies came in daily since the announcement had been made.

Also in the official delegation was the Ambassador to Banija, Robert 'Swede' Johanssen, who not only was the Commonwealth's most senior diplomat, but also had cultivated a strong personal relationship with the Royal Family in Busukuma during his tenure.
Only he and Delaney knew that this would be one of the last official duties he would undertake, as he would be retiring after 30 years in the Foreign Affairs ministry. He'd not told anyone in the Kabaka's family yet, as his replacement had yet to be chosen, but it was deemed to be the highest priority in Belle Haven that just the right person be selected; of course the PM certainly didn't expect the new ambassador would be fortunate to have a privileged relationship with the Royal Family, but Swede had set the bar so high, coming up a bit short would still be a huge success.

Delaney herself had determined that it would be poor protocol, and generally look bad if the BP group arrived in Lakiska prior to the Kabaka, and the Banijan State party; both she and the Prime Minister wanted their arrival to be low key, hopefully while the focus of the media would be on the festivities and ceremonial elements of the Kabaka and the Busogan President.

Istria was the logical choice for the party to make their departure from, and they gathered in the hotel lounge to watch the arrival ceremonies on television prior to checking out and making their way to the airport.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:39 pm

For our Phase 2 Matchday 2 cutoff.... This is how we roll.

League A

Team has qualified for the AOCAF 62 Knockout Stages

Simeone Di Bradini Group
Banija 2–0 Qasden
Audioslavia 0–2 Starblaydia

Simeone Di Bradini Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Banija 2 2 0 0 4 0 +4 6
2 Starblaydia 2 2 0 0 3 0 +3 6

3 Qasden 2 0 0 2 0 3 −3 0
4 Audioslavia 2 0 0 2 0 4 −4 0

Sobek Dehena Group
Mriin 0–1 Busoga Islands
Vilita & Turori 4–2 Farfadillis

Sobek Dehena Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Vilita & Turori 2 2 0 0 10 6 +4 6
2 Busoga Islands 2 1 1 0 3 2 +1 4

3 Farfadillis 2 0 1 1 4 6 −2 1
4 Mriin 2 0 0 2 4 7 −3 0

Karsten Eiger Group
Chromatika 3–1 Euran Oceania Territories
Hapilopper 1–0 Ko-oren

Karsten Eiger Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Chromatika 2 2 0 0 5 2 +3 6
2 Hapilopper 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3
3 Ko-oren 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3
4 Euran Oceania Territories 2 0 0 2 3 6 −3 0

Solara Vol Group
Sarzonia 2–1 Valanora
Northwest Kalactin 2–2 Baker Park

Solara Vol Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Sarzonia 2 2 0 0 4 2 +2 6
2 Valanora 2 1 0 1 4 3 +1 3
3 Northwest Kalactin 2 0 1 1 3 4 −1 1
4 Baker Park 2 0 1 1 3 5 −2 1

League B

Cannot advance to the knockout Stages

Keira Andisori Group
Demot 1–2 Netop
Gyatso-Kai 0–3 Krytenia

Keira Andisori Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Krytenia 2 1 1 0 6 3 +3 4
2 Netop 2 1 1 0 5 4 +1 4
3 Demot 2 0 1 1 1 2 −1 1
4 Gyatso-Kai 2 0 1 1 0 3 −3 1

Ronnie van Rijn Group
Oontaz Dert Li Ng 1–4 Osarius
Siovanija & Teusland 1–1 Tropicorp

Ronnie van Rijn Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Tropicorp 2 1 1 0 2 1 +1 4
2 Osarius 2 1 0 1 4 2 +2 3
3 Oontaz Dert Li Ng 2 1 0 1 4 4 0 3
4 Siovanija & Teusland 2 0 1 1 1 4 −3 1

Xíxì Êns Group
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0–0 Dogsmouth
Flavovespia 2–2 Pluvia and the Saxean Isles

Xíxì Êns Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Flavovespia 2 1 1 0 3 2 +1 4
2 Dogsmouth 2 1 1 0 1 0 +1 4
3 Pluvia and the Saxean Isles 2 0 1 1 2 3 −1 1
4 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2 0 1 1 0 1 −1 1

Ezio Grassi Group
Equestria 1–0 Lochario
Freeport Isles 1–2 Gallavrynga

Ezio Grassi Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Equestria 2 2 0 0 7 1 +6 6
2 Gallavrynga 2 2 0 0 6 4 +2 6
3 Lochario 2 0 0 2 3 5 −2 0
4 Freeport Isles 2 0 0 2 2 8 −6 0

League C

Cannot advance to the knockout Stages

Zachary Fortin Group
Khytonya 2–4 Twicetagria
Aji No Moto 0–1 Yesopalitha

Zachary Fortin Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Twicetagria 2 2 0 0 6 3 +3 6
2 Yesopalitha 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3
3 Aji No Moto 2 0 1 1 1 2 −1 1
4 Khytonya 2 0 1 1 3 5 −2 1

Gitonga Kahara Group
Aut-Ves-Nat 1–2 Iles Rogieres
Legalese 0–0 O.T. Sylestone

Gitonga Kahara Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Iles Rogieres 2 1 1 0 4 3 +1 4
2 Aut-Ves-Nat 2 1 0 1 4 4 0 3
3 O.T. Sylestone 2 0 2 0 2 2 0 2
4 Legalese 2 0 1 1 2 3 −1 1

Kristofer Kilpter Group
Huayramarca 1–0 Savigliane
North Handoria 2–4 Tioguldos

Kristofer Kilpter Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Tioguldos 2 1 0 1 4 3 +1 3
2 North Handoria 2 1 0 1 4 4 0 3
3 Savigliane 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 3
4 Huayramarca 2 1 0 1 1 2 −1 3

Pristina Shine Group
Saltstead 0–0 Ibixa
Anthor 1–0 Sett Forest

Pristina Shine Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Anthor 2 2 0 0 2 0 +2 6
2 Sett Forest 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 3
3 Ibixa 2 0 1 1 0 1 −1 1
Saltstead 2 0 1 1 0 1 −1 1
Last edited by Banija on Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Qasden
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Qasden » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:47 pm

Titlebound!

By Tomathan Hammerland

BUSUKUMA- Holy Hades, ladies and stray cats, the Vans have actually made the championship! Who would've thought that this scrappy team of newbies would manage to take down the great Starblaydia to get to this historic moment.

Wait...we lost? 0-1? Still the Group Stage? Why the hell did my mush brain think we had actually made the championship?

Well, after a bit of research, it turns out that I'm technically not wrong; more-so, this is a title that we've managed to have held in the past. Y'all, this is the Unofficial World Championship.

The UWC is a unique title forged from the cup of the first champions of Ancient Past (World Cup 1), Crosshill, with the honor only exchanging hands after the defender loses, with the first known instance of this occurring in the 2nd World Cup Quarter-Finals following the former's defeat at the hands of Ziotah. Since then, the title, like the moon, has undergone countless phases and outlived several sporting dynasties, with its known current holder to be Banija. Now, the Kadongo Kamu garnered the replacement title (as the most recent holders, Free Republics, retired from international competition with the UWC in hand) after defeating Nephara at the World Cup 86 Final, losing it immediately in their first AOCAF match against Equestria; who, in turn, lost it to Audioslavia the next day. The Bulls would also follow suit in dropping it as soon as they got it, falling back into the clutches of Banija, who has since defended it for 4 consecutive matches. While probably not as coveted as a WC Championship, it's completely certain that the NewVans will fight tooth and nail to try and get the award once held by the old team.

You see, back in the days of Jon Merritt, the Vans had unintentionally acquired the title while defending another, beating Red Blackiland in the 70th Cup of Harmony's Round of 16. As anyone from Qasden with a beating heart can remember, the Vans would go on to win the tournament, beating a big name like Nephara to become only the second nation to complete back-to-back championships (This would be ruined by their qualification to the actual World Cup the next cycle). The UWC title would stay in Qasden for the first two matches afterwards before being carried across the Glorious Southwest to Valanora following the former's defeat to the latter in the AOCAF LIVe Group Stage.

Since losing this previously unheard of title, Qasden has failed to garner any more championships, with three managers coming and going from the increasingly geriatric team. To get it back, the NewVans are gonna have to pull off possibly the biggest upset of the tournament, and if done successfully, Sylvia Zimari's time as manager could possibly be elongated on that merit alone. With that being said, stay tuned, stay updated, and stay alert for our next report, straight from the aftermath of the UWC Championship!
Sporting Achievements
World Cup Ranking: 49th; KPB: 15.66; Style: 0
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports