NATION

PASSWORD

AOCAF Cup 29 RP/Rosters/Scores

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Burchadinger
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Burchadinger » Thu May 13, 2010 2:59 am

BURCHADINGER TIMES
DIE ADLER SHOCK VALANORA

A controversial late goal by Wilhelm Sigmundson handed Burchadinger a 2-1 victory over a Valanoran side who saw two men sent off in a gripping opening game in Group F. Char Sara FC's Rosertan Hiatt was sent off in the 85th minute after hauling down Leonid Brstov, although the offence took place just outside the penalty area. It was rough justice on Valanora who impressed with their commitment and skill, and led at half-time thanks to Ardaugien Ealomiel's expertly-struck injury-time goal. But early in the second half, Markus Klogh capped his impressive display with the equalising goal as he converted Sigmundson's cross. Burchadinger enjoyed the majority of the chances, but committed Valanora held out, only to blot their copybook with late indiscipline which saw Tandion Aeraglinaeth also red-carded for petulantly kicking the ball at Maximillian Fischer.

Burchadinger started brightly, and on seven minutes Hans-Mayer Hansen's audacious 23-yard chip was just too high, with Valanoran goalkeeper Belltarion Nartalhûn stranded. But the Valanorans weathered Burchadinger's early pressure and almost took the lead on 19 minutes. Ironically, Valanora had made an utter hash of a free-kick 20 yards from goal, but amid the confusion, Raynor City United's Faeron Soldarian lashed in a powerful drive which deflected off Elias Becker and shaved Burchadinger's crossbar. A scrappy spell followed, but a fierce Fischer strike on the half-hour brought the crowd to life, as it whizzed just over. Yet the half ended in dramatic fashion with a flurry of chances for Burchadinger, and a Valanoran goal. A brilliant save by Nartalhûn stopped a Klogh header on 40 minutes, the Dynamo Dresden striker latching on to Sigmundson's great cross. Hiatt was fortunate to escape with a yellow card after tripping the lively Klogh as he was racing on to Alexander Schmidt's pass. That was after Nartalhûn had saved from Fischer, and the keeper was again in action in injury time as Hansen's intricate skill fashioned a chance which the Valanoran keeper stopped with his legs. Yet with just seconds remaining of the half, Valanora scored. Elarwen Tallaion crossed from an unthreatening midfield position, but Ardaugien Ealomiel had nipped in behind the Burchadingan back line and thrashed the ball past Klaus DIefenbaker to give Valanora the lead. It was a surprise which delighted their insane fans, but the joy was short-lived as Deval Enke's half-time team talk paid instant dividends for Burchadinger.

After a fine block prevented Klogh, the Dynamo Dresden striker did score on 50 minutes, expertly diverting Sigmundson's cross past Nartalhûn. A sublime piece of trickery four minutes later gave Klogh another chance, although Nartalhûn was alert to his curling shot. The second half continued in gripping fashion. Klogh, then Daniel Felkan both came close for Burchadinger, before Valanora's Morronuth Neltanta caught all the Burchadingan defenders off guard with an amazing curler. Burchadinger were doing most of the attacking, however, substitute Marko Autmen seeing Nartalhûn save a close-range header, and Sigmundson seeing a header ruled out for offside. Goalscorer Klogh made way for Walter van Fredstein on 73 minutes, Enke opting to rest the star. Burchadinger's threat remained, however, and a thunderous drive from Sigmundson whistled inches over the top, and Felkan wayward right foot shot flying high. But with five minutes remaining, there was high drama as Hiatt was red-carded for hauling down Brstov. Referee Janus Argerre rightly sent Hiatt off, but awarded Burchadinger a penalty despite the fact the offence was just outside the area. Sigmundson had no worries, however, as he slotted home the spot-kick with neat composure. There was still time for late drama, as Aeraglinaeth received a second yellow card for kicking the ball at captain Fischer at a corner kick.
Runners Up - DBC XXV
Third Place - AOCAF XXXIII

Call me Burch and not Burcha

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Sat May 15, 2010 7:18 am

Olic Misses The Mark
By Rami Niblick in Penningworth

NEW manager, new blood, and new hope. These were the things coarsing through the Krytenian team as they stepped out for the opening match of their AOCAF Cup XXIX campaign here at the Big Eye, facing the...interestingly clad side from Dorian and Sonya. Their lurid neon green "bikini kits", more akin to beach volleyball than the Beautiful Game, were certainly an eyeful for the Cyan Army, whilst the sober red and black affair worn by the Krytenians reflected the sobering nature of the result, as the sides played out a two-all draw.

All eyes from the loyal Krytenian fans were on the young midfield threesome (average age: 22), and how they would cope with their counterparts. Ricky Sexton, the old man of the three at the age of 24, quelled those doubts early on, proving his credentials with good tackling and crisp passing. This man could be the engine room of the Krytenian team for many years to come. It was the new man on the right, however, who was the creative influence behind Krytenia's early chances. Warren Kennedy-Worthington, half-brother of striker Zachariel Kennedy, found his feet early, and his crosses found red and black shirts three times in the firt ten minutes - though Sancho Torres headed narrowly over, whilst volleys from Ricky Smeaton and Tom Scarborough were both well saved by Rhanenniel Lasstanil in the Necromancers' goal.

Lasstanil, however, could do absolutely nothing about the opener when it came. Kennedy-Worthington was again the man behind it, this time supplying one for Damon Parker to chase. Parker did so perfectly, just beating the offside trap, and placed the ball coolly past the keeper (refusing to be distracted by the bare midriff/burgundy bikini combo) to make it one-nil. The young players mobbed him; manager Mark Olic merely smiled and applauded from the sidelines. Krytenia were now on top of the game, and after Parker hit the post with his next shot, Smeaton made it two with a header from - you guessed it - a Kennedy-Worthington cross.

The second half looked, for all the world, like going the way of the first. Parker shot narrowly over, Torres singed Lasstanil's fingers with a thirty-yard thunderbolt, and even Anthony Johnson got in on the fun, a header from a corner cleared off the line by Táressa Beranar. But on the hour, things started to drift the way of the Necromancers. A Scarborough pass went wayward, allowing Gwethidrenmamiiel Vanloth to steal the ball, and Vanloth beat Sun Choi-An with a super strike.

A grandstand finish ensued. Dorian and Sonya scrambled forward looking for the equaliser; the Aces looked for the goal to restore their cushion. And then, with just three minutes left on the clock, Johnson fouled Vanloth just outside the box, and Eshdothiel Aeratail put in a superb free kick which Sun could only parry. The ball landed at the feet of Aintiraya Wertaththar, who thumped home to shock the tournament's fourth seeds.

It's still a fair few days until the Aces' next game, against Arroza, but Olic knows his new side need some steel to go with their skill. A win will almost certainly pave the way to the next round; defeat...well, defeat is unthinkable.

Onward!

KRYTENIA - 2
Parker 18
Smeaton 32

DORIAN AND SONYA - 2
Vanloth 60
Wertathtar 87
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Armed Beers
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Armed Beers » Sat May 15, 2010 7:43 am

(RP permissions have belatedly been added to this nation's 'roster' post...)

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Sun May 16, 2010 3:04 am

Beningrad Morning Star

Sorthern footballers stranded in dressing room following Tabeck terror

Whilst it may have been several days since the full time whistle blew to end the Group F AOCAF Cup match between Valanora and Sorthern Northland officials from the SNFA have confirmed that the majority of the Sorthern squad are still trapped in the Bekkside Arena's dressing room following what has been described as “further Tabeck terror”.

Whilst the exact cause of the Sorthern squad's extended stay in the Bekkside Arena remains unconfirmed reports from within the inner bowels of the 33,000 capacity stadium suggest that a rouge Cackling Goose has been squaring up to fight a Whooper Swan in the corridor outside the Sorthern dressing room.

Relatives and friends of players and staff had been concerned following a lack of communication with their loved ones throughout the ordeal after the vast majority of players had their mobile phones stolen by a gang of Lake Bekk faring hoody wearing duckling yobs. Manager Caio Meback however was able to make a brief phone-call to the Morning Star before his battery died.

In it he claimed that the squad “are shaken but in good health”. When asked exactly what the situation was in the corridor outside he replied “We cannot be one hundred percent sure, but we believe that a swan and a goose are outside the dressing room door having a fight. There's been a lot of honking from the corridor since we got into the dressing room after the match against Valanora.”

“Like I said, we think are swan and a goose are outside the door having a fight, but we cannot be one hundred percent sure as it would be too dangerous to go and check.”

Meback ended the call claiming, “I've been told an ancient Sorthern proverb a lot since I've been in this job, 'Never look a fighting swan in the beak'. We certainly shall be taking heed of that sage advice. Fortunately though we've not got a fixture on the next match day so hopefully the situation will have died down and we'll have a full squad on available on the pitch rather than trapped in the dressing room for the Jesselton match.”

Not that the Sorthern team are without contingency plans.

Yasser El-Borolossy, Kaeton Fishsnapperbottom, Tadhg Ó Lorcáin and Aisling Ní Cheallaigh are all understood to have returned to the team bus rather the dressing room after being unused against Valanora and are now safely at the team hotel where they are said to be considering how best four players can defeat the probable eleven to be played by Jesselton.

The Sorthern Northland Football Association meanwhile are said to be considering the wisdom of constantly asking the Starblaydi Football Association to allow Sorthern team to play in Tabeck. A spokesman for the SNFA claimed, "If our memory serves us correctly then previous anatidae problems we've had have been in Tabeck. It's a lovely city, it really is, but the high anatidae population probably makes it unsuitable for Sortherners. It'd probably be a good idea to ask the SFA if we can play elsewhere in future."
Last edited by Sorthern Northland on Sun May 16, 2010 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorthern Football League, 2058 season MDs 1-9 MDs 10-19 MDs 20-29 MDs 30-38
Sorthern Northland wiki

World Paint Drying Champions!

<Mytannion> CC, I've watched the ESPN college thingy
<Mytannion> can't remember which college they follow but it is still interesting
<CC> what are you babbling about?

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Sun May 16, 2010 12:23 pm

OOC: Do we have a date schedule for the remaining games?
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Cafundeu
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cafundeu » Wed May 19, 2010 4:15 pm

That was a normal meeting after a long week of work: most of the directors in front of a television, watching some poor program that would be cheaper to watch. We didn't have much leisure time, because it was taxed; and we didn't want to spend. So, when we were not working, we did the least possible, in order to save our earnings... a weird thing if we remember that we are rich, very rich, thanks to our businesses all around the world, and we could spend a lot even with the taxes included... well, I guess that we wouldn't be able even to have this meeting on weekends if we weren't rich enough, then. This weekend we were just watching television, and not playing videogames or a board game like Risk: no, the taxes for playing those got higher after the hourly review of taxes made by the Cafundelense Finances Ministry, and we didn't want to spend. I guess I already said that... oh well, will have to pay for that too.

So all was going well in the least expensive way until a knock at the room's door. We weren't expecting anyone, we didn't ask for a pizza, and we had paid all our costs. Who was there? Who was stupid enough to knock at a door at this hour and having to face all the costs related to it, especially because there wasn't an appointment, and we all know that without an appointment everything gets more expensive, something no one likes, don't you agree? We looked at each other, and Director Lennon asked me:

"Cerva, are we waiting for someone?"

"No, Lennon." - we had to speak the least possible, it was the way to avoid a huge bill.

"Has Ana Vergara forgotten something here?" - asked Director Don Juan, who seemed to be very interested on the AUGECC girl.

"Surely not, she must be already on the plane to Candelaria And Marquez this time... I hate these AUGECC people, always bothering us." - said Director Newton.

"It's not Director Sílvio Santos, he had a meeting at the CCFM building." - I said.

"So it's no one." - commented Director Gates.

"Of course it must be someone, if it was no one there wouldn't be a knock at the door." - replied the intelligent Newton.

"So someone must answer the door..." - concluded Director Lennon.

Oh well... we had to answer that, as to not do that when able to wasn't a cheap thing to do, erm, to not do... you got that. So Director Lama went to open the door, when suddenly a huge crack was opened, with some... some things entering.

My name is Cerva Pinguço, Director Cerva Pinguço. I became famous for being the first director to appear in public, and the main responsible for negotiations in the Daehanjeiguk league, in which we have a successful club. And I also got famous for my ability to drink non-stop... and that day I had drunk a lot, really a lot...

I was slightly drunk.

Alright, I was very drunk, I admit.

What are you looking at? Okay, okay, damn, I'll tell you: I was out of myself, completely full of alcohol!

But even this couldn't explain what I saw: some purple, weird things that I hadn't seen even in my acid trips... erm, I mean friendly weekends. I took some moments to fully recognize them: purple-stinging nellies! What the hell were they doing in our company's building? It made no sense! Then I remembered: Cafundelense buildings seem to be really unprotected, as we have read countless stories in which people can invade closed meetings and trials without asking for permission, and without being stopped by the security... surely that was the case.

Their offer was to sell cookies. Cookies? For me, it would all depend on which they are made of. But our representative, Director Huxley, was an anti-spending advocate, was determined to reject the offer. Director Santa tried to convince him otherwise, as he loved cookies:

"Ho, ho, ho... I love cookies, Huxley!" - yes, I'm sure this line was unnecessary as it repeats what is right above, but I don't care.

But when Director Santa was told that the cookies were made with children, his reaction got completely different. He was outraged, because he loves children.

"Ho, ho, I love children." - he said.

Negotiations continued, with the nellies wanting to trade the cookies no matter how much we told them to go to hell or to other nice places. They gave us a book with all the flavours of cookies, and things got better: there were chocolate cookies for Director Santa, apple cookies for Director Newton, peace cookies for Director Lennon, rose cookies for Director Don Juan, marijuana cookies for me, and so on... a deal would be possible, but what of the taxes? Too high, impossible for us to conclude such a deal.

"On the contrary, negotiations with nellies are not taxed in Cafundéu." - said the nellie.

That was strange. How can something not be taxed in Cafundéu? It must be illegal then! No, that's wrong, as even the illegal things are taxed! This must be something alien! Suddenly the television brought some news:

"New law passed on the Cafundelense parliament: all alien things are now taxed. Consult the costs' table in the Finances Ministry website. This is a message sent by the Head Counsellour Devir Malbrando."

But even then the nellies refused to leave, and forced us to begin negotiations with them... after all, we'd have to spend much more money for having nellies on our room than for negotiating with them. We had to be fast and keep them there the least time possible... and maybe even get some cookies after that. Director Huxley continued leading the conversation, while Director Santa tried to convince him to buy the cookies, but not the ones made with children, instead those which children could eat. Usual of Santa.

Though their deal was different than the expected: they want us to use our influence to force officials to manipulate results and send Nellietopia out of the AOCAF Cup on the Group Stage... and the cookies would be sent to us if we accepted to do this dirty work... now comes an explanation: we had never done this before, as to accept bribes or get involved in any kind of corruption carries with it such a huge cost and taxes that can bankrupt us. Therefore, we couldn't accept the deal... at least not how it was... then Director Lama had an idea.

"Wait... Cafundéu is in Nellietopia's group. If Cafundéu defeats Nellietopia, then they may get eliminated at group stage. We can then use these cookies to motivate our National Team players, and still keep some for us... this way, this deal is not a bribe, but merely an incentive for our players to do well."

That was a cool idea... if our players enjoyed cookies. They could work. Director Santa was excited with the chance of getting some cookies, and the other directors wanted to get rid of the costs involving long negotiations... perhaps it could work.
Monopolists' Sport Achievements:
World Cup Committee President (WCs 55-57)
Cup of Harmony 27 and 48 Champions; World Cup 44 runner-ups

AOCAF 33, DBC 15/17/18 Champions; BoF 19(WC32) runner-ups; Oxen Cup 1/8 Champions; WGPC9 Champions
DBC 16; OFC6; AOCAF27/30 runner-ups; Q-Cup 2 and Women's World Cup 11 Champions

Olympics: Host of V Winter Olympics and VI Summer Olympics - III Summer Olympics: best overall performance
Hosted: WWC8; BoF21 (WC34); BoF30 (WC43); BoF37 (WC50); CoH31; CoH36
HOST OF WORLD CUP 36, WORLD CUP 42, WORLD CUP 48, WORLD CUP 52 AND WORLD CUP 57

Nellietopia
Attaché

Founded: Dec 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nellietopia » Mon May 24, 2010 1:42 pm

While all of those taxes were going to work in Cafundéu, there was something gone awry in Starblaydia. Yes, it's been several days, and heaven knows if all of these geese happened to induce intense soporific effects upon the populace, such that those results that you probably would have seen if these birds had not decided prior to all of these events that they should not have come at the whims of one Commander of AFLAC who was probably on the verge of deciding if too many ambiguous verb phrases should have been considered unhealthy for toddlers over three years of age (and yes, that was all one sentence, although I'd personally debate its grammatical utility if not its semantic propriety). In any case, the geese were there, and they still had their Barney dolls. Imagine that sitting well with the local residents of Starblaydia (no wonder they stopped playing these games... too many foreigners...).

Nonetheless, Guard Duck was most elated to have his elite geese arrive on scene.

"There's a serious problem!"

The old gander (from way back when we started this whole sheebang...) hopped limply upon his foot and pondered whatever the Guard Duck had meant by "serious" and by "problem". If recollection served him well, people tended to use hyperbole when describing either of the two. "What do you mean, sir?" he asked, unable to grasp it.

"We have a serious and a problem," the Commander replied. Well, that even more confusing (btw, Star, you are most certainly at liberty to dock a few points for exceeding the quota of parenthetical remarks allowed in any one post).

"Well, what's serious, and what's problem?" the gander asked once more.

The duck pulled out a nuclear warhead from behind his one wing and pulled out a hammer from the other wing. Though any ordinary person would have shrieked at the sight of the one, the gander was left wondering whether this was the "serious" or the "problem". It was probably the "serious". Guard Duck, in turn, tried to fit the two pieces together as if they matched like pieces of a puzzle.

"This is not how you disarm a nuclear weapon, I'm afraid."

"Sir," the gander replied, "I'm pretty sure that the warhead is perfectly safe. Moreover, I'm pretty sure that the hammer will not disarm a warhead that lacks a core. Quite frankly, I'm not sure why you're trying to disarm a non-explosive warhead in a foreign country, let alone how you got that here."

"I'm not trying to disarm it, I'm trying to blow it up!"

That was just as puzzling as anything else that day. "May I ask why we're trying to detonate a non-explosive warhead in a foreign country, besides Snorthland?"

"Well, that's the problem!" Guard Duck answered, leaning forward. "My mother-in-law is in town!"

"Begging your pardon, sir... what?"

At length, Guard Duck put away the warhead and the hammer and started to explain his dilemma. "Well, you see, my mother-in-law decided that it would be a really good thing to taunt the Snorthen football team, and for the while, I thought that that was fine. But I soon discovered that the Snorthern team is in fact in Starblaydia, playing in some weirdly named cup. What's worse is that my twice-removed cousin by my father's sister's pet guinea pig's former roommate's treehouse's inmate has allegedly offered to face off against anyone who wants to kill a Snortherner, which means that two of my really distant relatives are getting ready to fight for the right to slaughter the common enemy."

"What's the problem?"

"My mother-in-law! Do you know what's wrong with that?!?"

"She's annoying?"

"No! I don't even have a wife!"

Well, anyone with a hint of common sense would have blinked at that, but you - my friend - were already aware that something oddly insane/absurd was about to happen and thus had already blinked well in advance of that. But the gander, lacking your foresight, blinked anyway. "So describe to me how she became your mother-in-law..." the gander asked.

Guard Duck cleared his throat and began to explain. "Well, it was a cold winter's night and I was supposed to be flying south for the winter. The only problem was that because Sorthern Northland changed the way that the NSverse looks at south and north, I haven't been quite as good with my orientation as I used to. In fact, I think that that was about the time that all fowl-beasts alike began to despise the Snortherners, but that aside, I was lost in the blizzard condition, and I could not find the way. I was forced to land on a frozen pond and last the night on some over-packed snow bank that offered me at least some ample protection from the blistering wind. I couldn't fly any farther until that tempest had passed. So I spent the night there, thinking out how I would survive that night. At long last, I could see the morning light, but alas, it was not the sun - it was the radiant glare of a nuclear explosion that was completely and utterly devastating the country in which I was resting - if I recall, it used to be called Tutustan. I escaped the slaughter, only to discover later on that these weapons sent to destroy the peaceful, albeit wintry country had come from Sorthern Northland - because only they would use tons of duct tape and gallons of stout drinks to build their devices. And it was such a waste of stout as well...

"Anyway, so that's how I discovered nuclear weapons."

The gander blinked again (btw, I'm pretty sure that you're well aware that geese don't actually blink). "So how did you meet your mother-in-law?"

"Not sure, but I know that it's probably one story that you won't want to hear anytime soon. Anyway, I need you to fly out the Bovine Goose Corps and get my mother-in-law to go somewhere else while I figure out what to do with that other odd relative of mine."

"You want us to deal with your mother-in-law, who probably isn't even that?"

"Yes. Are you going to disobey a direct command?"

Well, when the Commander in Chief puts it that way... "Yes, sir!" And with that, the geese flew out from wherever they were to head out to Tabeck Lake. All that left Guard Duck with a impotent warhead and a hammer and a single thought of whether the nellies had accomplished their mission in Cafundéu. Little else did they know...
HAHA! NOTHING IN HERE! yet...

AOCAF
P-45,47
R16-29,30,42,43,
R8-34,35,44,46,49
4th-
3rd-
2nd-
1st-
DBC
P-
R16-
R8-40
4th-
3rd-
2nd-
1st-
NSWC
P-50
Q-
R16-
R8-
4th-
3rd-
2nd-
1st-

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:11 am

Matchday Three RP Scores & Tables

Group A
Dorian and Sonya 2-1 Delaclava
Arroza 0-3 Krytenia

Group A                 P  W  D  L  GF  GA  GD  Pts
Krytenia 2 1 1 0 5 2 3 4
Dorian and Sonya 2 1 1 0 4 3 1 4
Arroza 2 1 0 1 1 3 -2 3
Delaclava 2 0 0 2 1 3 -2 0 E

Group B
Cafundeu 3-1 Hockey Canada
Nellietopia 2-2 West Pocono

Group B                 P  W  D  L  GF  GA  GD  Pts
Cafundeu 2 2 0 0 6 1 5 6
Nellietopia 2 1 1 0 4 3 1 4
West Pocono 2 0 1 1 2 5 -3 1
Hockey Canada 2 0 0 2 2 5 -3 0 E

Group C
Sarzonia 1-2 Pacitalia
Armed Beers 0-1 Sportgirls

Group C                 P  W  D  L  GF  GA  GD  Pts
Pacitalia 2 2 0 0 6 1 5 6
Sarzonia 2 1 0 1 3 2 1 3
Sportgirls 2 1 0 1 1 2 -1 3
Armed Beers 2 0 0 2 0 5 -4 0

Group D
Schiavonia 2-2 Starblaydia
Dariusville 1-3 Andossa Se Mitrin Vega

Group D                 P  W  D  L  GF  GA  GD  Pts
Starblaydia 2 1 1 0 5 3 2 4
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 2 1 1 0 4 2 2 4
Schiavonia 2 0 2 0 3 3 - 2
Dariusville 2 0 0 2 2 6 -4 0 E

Group E
Kosovoe 1-0 Mantwenic
The Bear Islands 0-0 Milchama

Group E                 P  W  D  L  GF  GA  GD  Pts
The Bear Islands 3 2 1 0 3 1 2 7
Kosovoe 2 2 0 0 2 0 2 6
Osarius 2 1 0 1 3 3 - 3
Milchama 3 0 1 2 1 3 -2 1
Mantwenic 2 0 0 2 0 2 -2 0

Group F
Burchadinger 1-0 Jesselton
Carpathia and Ruthenia 0-2 Valanora

Group F                 P  W  D  L  GF  GA  GD  Pts
Burchadinger 2 2 0 0 3 1 2 6
Sorthern Northland 2 1 1 0 5 2 3 4
Valanora 3 1 1 1 5 4 1 4
Jesselton 2 0 1 1 1 2 -1 1
Carpathia and Ruthenia 3 0 1 2 1 6 -5 1
Last edited by Starblaydia on Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Pacitalia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pacitalia » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Football > AOCAF Cup 29
Tuesday 8th June 2010

Late score sends Foxes past Stars in group stage meeting
Surprisingly friendly mood in another round of one of region's best rivalries

Alberto-Vicente Marro
Tabeck, Starblaydia

Ambrosino Giurimano's thrilling 89th-minute goal sent Pacitalia's Blue Foxes to a 2-1 group stage win over their rival Stars from Sarzonia late Monday evening.

His scorcher from the left corner of the 22-yard box beat Will Brantley high to restore the Pacitalian lead with mere seconds on the clock and send the Foxes a half-step closer to clinching their group at AOCAF29.

Pacitalia (2-0-0) opened the scoring less than a quarter of an hour into the match, with anchoring midfielder Michelangelo Mascagnano deking Brantley and tucking the ball low into the bottom right part of the twine. The Foxes' 1-0 lead lasted to halftime thanks to a healthy war of football attrition that created a wealth of chances for both sides but a dearth of goals after 45 minutes.

Sarzonia (1-1-0) would equalise in the 61st minute, with the scrappy Stars forward Nick Barnett gobbling up a loose arc in the Pacitalian box and redirecting the ball past Abro Zolà on a clinical header. But while the match looked set to head to completion a 1-1 draw, it was the Foxes' star striker, il sorcère, working his legendary magic to hand Pacitalia victory.

The Stars were hoping to exact some revenge after the follies of the previous tournament in Bazalonia. An officiating controversy led to the entire round of sixteen being re-run, reversing the original result in which Sarzonia eliminated Pacitalia with a shock 5-0 pounding. The celebrations and awe in the streets of Sarzonia were quickly replaced with muted, stunned silence as the Foxes took full advantage of their second life, edging the Stars 3-2 in the re-match. Pacitalia would subsequently win the tournament for the third time in four installments.

But while the match was the Stars' to win, a moment for them to right the unfortunate wrong of AOCAF28, the Sarzonian eleven were rarely in control of play and had but flashes of momentum over the 90 minutes. The Foxes were not always in complete control, if control at all through some parts, but after Mascagnano's 13th-minute strike the match became Pacitalia's to win.

It would be the Magician's beautiful goal, with moments left on the match clock, that would let the air out of Sarzonian hopes to restore dignity.

The final match for both squads in this group stage is against the bracket's unranked sides — Pacitalia faces Sportgirls, having already handed Armed Beers a 4-0 defeat. Sarzonia defeated Sportgirls 2-0 on the tournament's opening day and will next face the Armed Beers side.

From AOCAF Cup 29 in Starblaydia
Sarzonia 1 2 Pacitalia
SRZ: Barrett 61'
PAC: Mascagnano 13' / Giurimano 89'

Next up: SRZ v ARB, PAC v SPG

Copyright © 2010 Extra, the Pacitalian sport network
http://www.extra.pc/football/nr.gspx?sd=654287&ad=en
Pacitalian Republic
Repubblica Pacitaliana

RP population (est. May 2021): 414,440,614
Capital and largest city: Timiocato
Founding date: 21st November 1503
Archonate (head of state): Abeo Bamidele
Prime Minister (head of government): Damián Moya
Land area: 4,600,674 sq km
Official languages: Pacitalian, English nationally; Marqueríana (Spanish) and Empordán (Catalan) regionally
Location: On the continent of Foringana, southeast of Atlantian Oceania
Telephone calling code: +2
Internet TLDs: .pc, .rp

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:26 am

Matchday Four Scores & Tables
Of course, Groups A-D are unaffected. Remember, it's the top two from Groups A-D, as well as their 2 best third-place finishers, will join with the top three teams of Groups E & F in the sixteen-team second round

Krytenia 2 1 1 0 5 2 3 4
Dorian and Sonya 2 1 1 0 4 3 1 4
Arroza 2 1 0 1 1 3 -2 3
Delaclava 2 0 0 2 1 3 -2 0

Cafundeu 2 2 0 0 6 1 5 6
Nellietopia 2 1 1 0 4 3 1 4
West Pocono 2 0 1 1 2 5 -3 1
Hockey Canada 2 0 0 2 2 5 -3 0

Pacitalia 2 2 0 0 6 1 5 6
Sarzonia 2 1 0 1 3 2 1 3
Sportgirls 2 1 0 1 1 2 -1 3
Armed Beers 2 0 0 2 0 5 -4 0

Starblaydia 2 1 1 0 5 3 2 4
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 2 1 1 0 4 2 2 4
Schiavonia 2 0 2 0 3 3 - 2
Dariusville 2 0 0 2 2 6 -4 0

Group E
Osarius 1-1 Mantwenic
Kosovoe 0-0 The Bear Islands

The Bear Islands 4 2 2 0 3 1 2 8 Q
Kosovoe 3 2 1 0 2 0 2 7 Q

Osarius 3 1 1 1 4 4 - 4
Milchama 3 0 1 2 1 3 -2 1
Mantwenic 3 0 1 2 1 3 -2 1

Group F
Sorthern Northland 3-1 Jesselton
Burchadinger 2-2 Carpathia and Ruthenia

Sorthern Northland 3 2 1 0 8 3 5 7 Q
Burchadinger 3 2 1 0 5 3 2 7 Q

Valanora 3 1 1 1 5 4 1 4
Carpathia and Ruthenia 4 0 2 2 3 8 -5 2 E

Jesselton 3 0 1 2 2 5 -3 1
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion

Sportgirls
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sportgirls » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Overheard in the Sportgirls dressing room after the 1-0 win against Armed Beers:

"Nice shot, Emily."
"Yeah, great positioning."
"Thanks. Never thought I'd play bumper pool on the pitch."
"Three caroms off the glasses and in. You must play killer beer pong."
"Can't play beer pong. The heads can head, you can't put the ball into the beer."
"I meant off the pitch, silly. I saw them almost head one in. Sarah leveled him, risked a red there."
"Hey, I specialise in getting away with it."
"So we're still alive in this thing?"
"If we can keep the score down in the next one we are."
"Who's next?"
"Pacitalia. The best team of all. May be hard to contain them."
"Can we, you know, distract them?"
"I've got a better idea. Let's play good football and let these new kits do the distracting."
"That's a plan!"
"Why keep the score down?"
"Goal difference, silly. If we're tied with some other team then it could make all the difference."
"We need to finish second or better right?"
"We can get in with a third place if we are one of the best two. Right now we'd be in."
"Really?"
"I think so."
"Great! So we need to mind the gap."
"That's one way to put it."

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:14 am

Matchday Five Scores & Tables, 2nd Round Fixtures
Yay, RP-tastic!

Group A
Krytenia 3-0 Delaclava
Arroza 1-1 Dorian and Sonya

Krytenia 3 2 1 0 8 2 5 7
Dorian and Sonya 3 1 2 0 5 4 1 5

Arroza 3 1 1 1 2 4 -2 4 *Qualifies as 2nd-best 3rd place

Delaclava 3 0 0 3 1 6 -4 0

Group B
West Pocono 1-0 Hockey Canada
Nellietopia 1-2 Cafundeu

Cafundeu 3 3 0 0 8 2 6 9
Nellietopia 3 1 1 1 5 5 - 5

West Pocono 3 1 1 1 3 5 -2 4 *Qualifies as best 3rd-place

Hockey Canada 3 0 0 3 2 6 -4 0

Group C
Sportgirls 1-3 Pacitalia
Armed Beers 0-2 Sarzonia

Pacitalia 3 3 0 0 9 2 7 9
Sarzonia 3 2 0 1 5 2 3 6

Sportgirls 3 1 0 2 2 5 -3 3
Armed Beers 3 0 0 3 0 7 -7 0

Group D
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 1-3 Starblaydia
Dariusville 1-1 Schiavonia

Starblaydia 3 2 1 0 8 4 4 7
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 3 1 1 1 5 5 - 4

Schiavonia 3 0 3 0 4 4 - 3
Dariusville 3 0 1 2 3 7 -4 1

Group E
Kosovoe 2-0 Osarius
Mantwenic 0-2 Milchama

Kosovoe 4 3 1 0 4 0 4 10
The Bear Islands 4 2 2 0 3 1 2 8
Milchama 4 1 1 2 3 3 - 4

Osarius 4 1 1 2 4 6 -2 4
Mantwenic 4 0 1 3 1 5 -4 1

Group F
Burchadinger 0-1 Sorthern Northland
Jesselton 2-2 Valanora

Sorthern Northland 4 3 1 0 9 3 6 10
Burchadinger 4 2 1 1 5 4 1 7
Valanora 4 1 2 1 7 6 1 5

Jesselton 4 0 2 2 4 7 -3 2
Carpathia and Ruthenia 4 0 2 2 3 8 -5 2

Second Round Fixtures
2R1: Krytenia v Valanora
2R2: Nellietopia v Sarzonia
2R3: Cadundéu v Milchama
2R4: Dorian and Sonya v Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
2R5: Pacitalia v Arroza
2R6: Sorthern Northland v The Bear Islands
2R7: Starblaydia v West Pocono
2R8: Kosovoe v Burchadinger

QF1: Winner 2R1 v Winner 2R2
QF2: Winner 2R3 v Winner 2R4
QF3: Winner 2R5 v Winner 2R6
QF4: Winner 2R7 v Winner 2R8

SF1: Winner QF1 v Winner QF2
SF1: Winner QF3 v Winner QF4
Last edited by Starblaydia on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:39 am

It was Julius Starblayde's fortieth birthday. Not that he looked it, of course. Being a Starblayde he appeared barely into his thirties. Dumped out of the - frankly awful - Starblaydi World Cup squad had been a blessing in disguise for him, as he had been handed the captaincy of the AOCAF Cup side.

He was preparing for the Second Round of the tournament, something that Starblaydia hadn't managed on the world stage for over a decade, since they won World Cup 47. At a regional level they'd scarcely been better, but somehow Starblaydi football was in decline.

The greatest nation in the history of the game - Jules was fairly sure that the statistics would prove him right, if only in terms of World Cups won - was stuttering backwards, no matter what he had tried. A decade ago they had been the best in the world, but now they were barely in the top twenty. Something had to be done, said a voice in the back of his mind, and Jules was one of those people with real influence at the top. He just hoped he was the right influence.

All he could influence tomorrow, though, was through leading his team out to face West Pocono and doing his best.

Nellietopia
Attaché

Founded: Dec 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nellietopia » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Little else did they know... that the Cafundelense bribed the wrong people. Yes, Cafundéu won the final group stage match, but no, it was Schiavonia who had their points mysteriously erased. Granted, the points were still there, but now they had the curious conundrum of having played three matches, but only drawn one. Want proof?

Starblaydia wrote:
Starblaydia 3 2 1 0 8 5 3 7
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 3 1 1 1 5 5 - 4

Schiavonia 3 0 1 0 4 4 - 3
Dariusville 3 0 1 2 3 7 -4 1

Needless to say, that wouldn't have been enough as the Nellies progressed ahead in 2nd place, while Schiavonia were knocked out by virtue of only having earned three points as a best-placed-third-place contender. But for some reason, the fact that the Nellies had progressed at all - regardless of how the mathematics worked, how the organizers were so placed in delicate suspended animation while they procured sufficient finances to continue the tournament, how the players were so drawn out by the extensive use of time lapse technologies, how Guard Duck was so exacerbated by the whole situation involving his not-really-mother-in-law facing off against some random other goose - put some serious ruffles on the Nellies. They were coming back with a vengeance.

Guard Duck and all of the Bovine Goose Corps assembled with the nellie squad ahead of their match against Sarzonia. "It's time for Operation: Hugglesnuggle," the Duck said.

Immediately, the team captain jumped up in joy. "Swarm the pitch with our webs and sting everyone in the stadium!"

"Erm, no. That's Operation: Beeswax."

"I thought that Operation: Beeswax was supposed to be the one where we get the bees and steal their honey away."

"No, that's Operation: Wax-On-Wax-Off."
"Operation: Beeswax is the one where we butt into everyone's conversation and annoy the hell out of them."
"Operation: Hugglesnuggle isn't in the book!"
"Operation: Wax-On-Wax-Off is the where we strip off the paint of every single building within a 10.93 kilometer radius!"
"Operation: Hugglesnuggle was abandoned because there weren't enough licentious warriors to commit grand auto larceny in 984 different countries using 490 different energy drinks."
"Wait, what was the plan again?"
"Tomorrow it's my aunt's birthday!"
"Operation: Beeswax is totally obscene and unnecessary. I mean, do we really need to spank all of the young children?"
"I think we should try Operation: Cabañas."
"Operation: Psychopus!"
"No, Operation: Operation!"
"You're all crazy, we should just go home and forfeit this match. That way we can focus on defeating Sorthern Northland."
"OPERATION: OPERATION!!!"

At length, all of the chatter was too much for Guard Duck, who simply yelled something rather incomprehensible at the top of his lungs. That wasn't enough, so he repeated himself, using a megaphone. When that failed, he had but one trick left in the arsenal, and it immediately caught their attention.

"Pee-ew, I didn't know ducks could fart."

"Well, we can," Guard Duck answered, "And now that I have your attention... no, Operation: Hugglesnuggle is not the one where we do all of those things. Operation: Hugglesnuggle is the one where we get a Snorthern goalkeeper to tend the net for us."

That idea brought a lot of blank stares from the audience. There might have been a few quacks too, but otherwise it was a silent and still crowd.

"It's foolproof!" the Duck replied. "If we win, we get to keep him around. If we lose, we get to blame everything on him and then kill him."

"But isn't that the objective?!?[/i]" the geese, the nellies, and pretty much every other critter that formed that particular unit of the Armed Forces League of Allemenschen Critters at the moment cried in unison.

"I know," Guard Duck replied. "Snorthern keepers are crappy like SLANI hell. There's no way we'll win, so the Snorthern keeper gets drawn into our trap and then we'll just have him sit between the posts. It'll be a classic too! The Sarzonian players will probably hit him in the loins a couple times too! And then we'll have our way with him."

"B-b-b-b-but, how do we trap a Snortherner?"

*** Several hours later outside a pub in Starblaydia ***

It was Jimmy's lucky night, after he'd gone into the pub quite by accident, met up with his ex-girlfriend's friend, won the pub quiz alla Countdown challenge, won the pub drinkout by a considerable margin, and had managed to engorge 1093 bottles of the finest Sorthern pints in a matter of hours. Indeed, this was the bestest of all nights. He'd probably find a lucky lady and settle for a sweet bed (or table) later, but only after he finds this stupendous glass of thick, rich stout, just sitting there on the ground. It was practically in the middle of the street, the poor glass of beer. No one to console her. No one to drink her. So sad was a glass of beer, and her frothy top begging for fresh lips to take her home. Jimmy couldn't just leave a lady in distress.

"BYjreshjg Yurhfns fdnqppo fdnjan FDwjhfdh2kjg*." he said, jumbling out something that probably was only comprehensible to the beer. In one whole gulp, he downed the glass, and in one second he was on the ground. The nellies emerged from their hiding places. "Just one beer?"

"And a couple of these," chided Guard Duck, as he unfurled a bottle of prescription strength fluoxetine hydrochloride (aka Prozac). "These things do wonders. Now grab the kid and let's get out of here before someone notices that he's gone."

"He's a Snortherner," the nellies replied. "No one will care that he's gone."

"Except an angry mob of Bostopian tank-lubbers."

"Yeeps!"

In an instant, the nellies wrapped up Jimmy in a purple web harness and dragged him on the street. The fact that drinking 1094 pints of beer had somehow increased his perceived weight by a factor of 984 percent weighed heavily upon their minds... that is, until Jimmy started snoring.

"Steady, nellies! We've got to keep him alive!"

"Can't we just kill him and pick up someone else?"

"No! I'm out of Prozac."

"bummers..."
HAHA! NOTHING IN HERE! yet...

AOCAF
P-45,47
R16-29,30,42,43,
R8-34,35,44,46,49
4th-
3rd-
2nd-
1st-
DBC
P-
R16-
R8-40
4th-
3rd-
2nd-
1st-
NSWC
P-50
Q-
R16-
R8-
4th-
3rd-
2nd-
1st-

Cafundeu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cafundeu » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:00 pm

JORNAL O CAFUNDÓ
Notícias fresquinhas pela manhã

The AOCAF reaches now its knockout stages, with the Cafundelense squad formed by The Scout looking good. It is correct that the Monopolists were top seeds in their group, against opponents seen as much, much weaker. West Pocono was the only other ranked one, while both Nellietopia and Hockey Canada had no rank. But even against these opponents there must be some degree of caution. It seems that the Cafundéu team did everything right, focusing on getting the wins without getting overconfident, and the result couldn't be more positive... three wins, a perfect record in the group. In second came Nellietopia, with a surprising performance... after all, who would put their money on a team composed by nellies, and ones which rumours said that were trying to sabotage themselves? Oh well, it seems these being cannot be easily stopped, and proceed on the competition together with the Monopolists, the only team to beat them so far... though it's true that there only have been three games so far, so that's not a big deal. Now the Cafundelenses go to the Second Round of the competition, to face Milchama... wait, will they? Checking the next fixtures, we simply cannot see the name of our country there. Oh wait, there is a... Cadundéu? How impressive, this is the first time we see the name of our nation spelt this way, and we have seen a lot of versions. We must admit that this version sounds cool, different than the popular Cafendeu or Cafendu, which are simply horrible.

So let's return to the point being discussed, the AOCAF Cup. These three wins are surely going to put the team amongst the favourites to win the entire competition, so we have to play like favourites, keeping this good form. The next opponent is another unranked squad, but we must now remember that it has qualified from the group stage, so may not be as easy as our previous enemies. Also, it is Milchama, a nation which is known in the footballing world, even if this popularity is not as intense in the current scenario of the AOCAF. So is Cafundéu ready for this challenge, to avoid an upset? The Scout seems to be a good tactician, preparing well the team formed by very committed players... a good side of calling up players willing to reach the main National Team, as they'll surely dedicate themselves the maximum in order to take advantage of this chance. The goalkeeper Cleston surely has impressed everyone with solid performances, as did the full-backs Nelsinho and Mesquita, which may well be close to receiving proper call-ups. Same happens with the defensive midfield, which seems to be the position in which Cafundéu has the best talent available. The only downsides of the current squad lie on the central defence and on the attack, which may be serious problems. Unfortunately there isn't time to make experiences anymore, so The Scout can only hope the players in these positions start to do a better job.

AOCAF 33, DBC 15/17/18 Champions; BoF 19(WC32) runner-ups; Oxen Cup 1/8 Champions; WGPC9 Champions

Olympics: Host of V Winter Olympics and VI Summer Olympics - III Summer Olympics: best overall performance

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:46 am

Second Round Scores, Quarter Final Fixtures

Second Round Scores
2R1: Krytenia 2-0 Valanora
2R2: Nellietopia 1-3 Sarzonia
2R3: Cadundéu 4-1 Milchama
2R4: Dorian and Sonya 2-3 Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
2R5: Pacitalia 5-1 Arroza
2R6: Sorthern Northland 2-0 The Bear Islands
2R7: Starblaydia 3-0 West Pocono
2R8: Kosovoe 2-1 Burchadinger

QF1: Krytenia v Sarzonia
QF2: Cafundéu v Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
QF3: Pacitalia v Sorthern Northland
QF4: Starblaydia v Kosovoe

SF1: Krytenia OR Sarzonia v Cafundéu OR Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
SF2: Pacitalia OR Sorthern Northland v Starblaydia OR Kosovoe

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:43 am

If there's one thing Sarzonians are notorious for, it's their disinclination to fire people.

The nation's unemployment code technically gives employers the right to fire with cause, but the culture of Sarzonia has evolved to a point where the practice of terminating employment is considered highly undesirable.

While an employer technically may fire an employee without cause, the letter of the law and the way it's interpreted are often two different things.

That reticence even translates to the sporting world, where a manager who otherwise might be out of a job would generally stay on until he decides it's time to step down or he and his superiors mutually agree to go in a different direction. For Sarzonia's "B" national team manager Kevin Wilson, that translates to his maintaining his position despite previous AOCAF group stage struggles.

The Incorporated Football Federation's patience in the younger brother of IFF Chairman and former footballing legend Brian Wilson was rewarded last night with an impressive 3-1 victory over Nellietopia in the second round of the AOCAF XXIX tournament.

Their reward? A longtime nemesis whom the Stars have met many times in World Cup and AOCAF play: Krytenia.

The most recent meetings between the two "A" squads came in the most recent World Cup cycle. Krytenia defeated the Stars in the final of the Mike Sarzo Memorial Trophy, marking the first championship of any kind for the Aces. More importantly, the Stars played to a 1-1 draw in the group stage finale to knock Krytenia out of knockout stage contention.

But try telling that to the "A" team or this "B" team.

"More important? Are you fucking kidding me?" seethed forward Matt Lynch, team captain for the "A" national side. "If you've covered us for even one day, you'd know how much importance we put on the Mike Sarzo Memorial Trophy."

"We take tremendous pride in the MSMT," said forward Mike Lohman. "Losing that final to Krytenia hurt. Getting through to the knockouts and eliminating them was small revenge."

As for the upcoming match against Krytenia, the Stars aren't paying much attention to the past.

"The past is the past," said midfielder Andrew David. "In the present, we've got an important match to prepare for. We'll let you lads dissect the past. We're only interested in what's at stake in the now."
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Pacitalia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pacitalia » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:14 am

Football > AOCAF Cup 29
Wednesday 30th June 2010

Pacitalia through to last eight, thrashing Arroza
Foxes make huge second-round statement on the back of another Giurimano hat-trick

Alberto-Vicente Marro
Tabeck, Starblaydia

Pacitalia's Blue Foxes gave their Arrozan counterparts their walking papers Tuesday evening, securing advancement to the AOCAF Cup 29 quarterfinals on the back of a definitive 5-1 victory over the Admirals.

Having completed the group stage with three wins in three matches, the Foxes now had their sights set on securing their fourth AOCAF title (an accomplishment that would also mean Pacitalia defending its title from AOCAF Cup 28).

The Blue Foxes struck early, and repeated not long after, to set up an instant 2-0 lead over the Admirals. The first goal came off a well-timed pass from Michelangelo Mascagnano, who found Ambrosino Giurimano just on-side. Giurimano's low, precise shot from 18 yards out beat the Arrozan keeper on his left flank and found the twine. Just three minutes later, Andolfabio Vunghiasso headed through a Massimo da Scupeta corner to double the Pacitalian lead.

After a further quarter-hour, the Foxes would again find the back of the net, with Giurimano breaking through the Arrozan back line and sending a chip over the keeper with the outside of his right foot, just as he changed course to evade the keeper's outstretched arms. The teams headed into the tunnel at halftime with the lopsided score of 3-0 but the Arrozan manager remarked at that point that his team was "determined and capable" of getting back into the match.

But it was clear, just six minutes into the second frame, that nothing had changed. Left midfielder Diego Tomás Cruz found Giurimano alone again with a curving arc that sailed nearly half the length of the pitch and landed perfectly at the striker's feet. It was then just a matter of beating the keeper once more. Two Arrozan fullbacks managed to sprint back along both flanks and attempted to cut out Giurimano's strike but he lifted the ball over the feet of one sliding defender and maneuvered it around the other before wiring a neat, crisp pass to the top right corner of the net to complete the hat-trick.

The Foxes would concede a penalty with 17 minutes left in normal time thanks to an ill-timed tackle by Aurelio Seriesta. The striker Unknownerson would convert with a simple shot to the centre of the net that barely missed clipping a diving Abro Zolà's left foot. But Pacitalia remained focused, and restored its four-goal cushion in the 79th minute off a beautiful free-kick from Nicolás Sema.

Pacitalia moves on to the quarterfinals with a familiar foe waiting in the wings. In the four times the Pacitalian and Sortherner squads have met in international play, the results have been intense and exciting, but Pacitalia has emerged victorious on each occasion. Pacitalian teams have scored 14 goals against their Sorthern Northland counterparts in those four matches and conceded just two. The only team that has done better against Sorthern Northland in international competition is Demot (3-0-0, +13 GD).

Memories abound of the Foxes' crushing 7-1 win over the Náisiúnta in the group stage of AOCAF Cup 26, a result that remains Sorthern Northland's worst defeat to-date in any international competition. The younger generations will more easily remember the last AOCAF Cup final, where the Foxes edged the red-and-gold 2-1 to claim Pacitalia's third championship trophy.

But the Sorthern Northland squad is not to be underestimated. The squad were champions at AOCAF Cup 27, and as runners-up in AOCAF Cup 28, they have proven they are among the top tier of national sides in the competition. The trick, as always, says Pacitalian manager Marco van Basten, will be to "play our game" and remain "confident without getting cocky".

Where have we heard that before?

From AOCAF Cup 29 in Starblaydia
Pacitalia 5 1 Arroza
PAC: Giurimano 9', 27', 51' / Vunghiasso 12' / Sema 79'
ARR: Unknownerson 73' (p)

Next up: PAC v SNO, ARR v n/a (eliminated)

Copyright © 2010 Extra, the Pacitalian sport network
http://www.extra.pc/football/nr.gspx?sd=664201&ad=en
Pacitalian Republic
Repubblica Pacitaliana

RP population (est. May 2021): 414,440,614
Capital and largest city: Timiocato
Founding date: 21st November 1503
Archonate (head of state): Abeo Bamidele
Prime Minister (head of government): Damián Moya
Land area: 4,600,674 sq km
Official languages: Pacitalian, English nationally; Marqueríana (Spanish) and Empordán (Catalan) regionally
Location: On the continent of Foringana, southeast of Atlantian Oceania
Telephone calling code: +2
Internet TLDs: .pc, .rp

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Second Round Scores, Quarter Final Fixtures

Quarter Final Scores
QF1: Krytenia 2-3 Sarzonia (AET, FT 2-2)
QF2: Cafundéu 2-0 Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
QF3: Pacitalia 1-2 Sorthern Northland
QF4: Starblaydia 1-0 Kosovoe

Semi-Finals Fixtures
SF1: Sarzonia v Cafundéu
SF2: Sorthern Northland v Starblaydia
Last edited by Starblaydia on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cafundeu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cafundeu » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:38 pm

JORNAL O CAFUNDÓ
Notícias fresquinhas pela manhã

And the Monopolists reach the AOCAF Cup semifinals after another two very convincing wins. In the opinion of the Cafundelense citizens, the roster called by the President of the CCFM is even better than the main National Team right now, since that one is doing pretty badly of late. Yes, some players have been playing in both squads, but the focus isn't only on these players. They are doing well just like the others, but the ones who are really impressing are those who didn't receive a chance in the main National Team, the one that goes to the World Cups. Names like the goalkeeper Cleston, the full-back Mesquita and the attacker Bira are the most praised ones, especially after the last two matches, in which these players did superbly. The problems spotted on the team during the previous matches didn't get repeated in the knockout round games, and now the entire line-up of the Monopolists seem to be in top form in order to take the regional title. The central defence suffered only a single goal, while the attackers finally started to score more goals, instead of letting the midfielders do their jobs. What was seen in the matches against Milchama and Andossa Se Mitrin Vega was a solid and efficient Cafundéu, a team far superior than the opponents, which was never strongly threatened. Now, the team has a tough challenge ahead in the semifinal against Sarzonia, which can lead to the repeat of a previous AOCAF Cup final against Sorthern Northland, which was lost in that time.

Ah, you want to know more details about these two Cafundelense victories. Surely we wouldn't forget about this. In the first match, the team called Cadundéu ended really being Cafundéu, and the Monopolists weren't affected by the name change in that single game. They played like usual, and could quickly take the lead against Milchama with two goals, one scored by Bira and the other by Gilmar. In the beginning of the second half, the enemies even attempted to start a reaction, thanks to an own goal scored by Teteo, in a very ridiculous move. He was being pressed by the opponent attacker, and decided to pass the ball back to the goalkeeper Cleston. But he shot the ball without looking at where the keeper was, and missed him completely, sending the ball directly to the net. But this goal didn't end in an improvement of Milchama, and Cafundéu continued dominant for the remainder of the game, being able to score again with Bira and, to define the scoreline, with Mesquita. In the end, that 4-1 win over Milchama showed the strength of the players not in the main squad, since the ones who scored the goals are not in the team led by the trio of coaches. After Milchama, it was time for the quarterfinal game against Andossa Se Mitrin Vega, where The Scout showed a brilliant tactical ability. Being able to score early with Adamílson, Cafundéu could control the possession, making the game a very uneventful one. The second goal came through Nelsinho, but at that point the result was already secured. Cafundéu continues in the AOCAF Cup with strong performances, which really puts the supporters in a higher level of confidence on the team. Most believe that Sarzonia will lose against the Monopolists, and are anxious to watch the next game.
Last edited by Cafundeu on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:34 am

If there were any lingering doubts about whether or not Kevin Wilson had done enough to save his job as the second choice national team's manager, he erased them tonight.

Wilson shrewdly saved his third and final substitute for extra time and sent in midfielder Dustin Roberts for Carletta Ryan. The move paid off in the 117th minute of extra time when Roberts chipped a shot over Krytenia goalkeeper Sun Choi-An to give the Stars a 3-2 victory after extra time.

The result sends the Stars on to face Cafundéu in the semifinals of the 29th AOCAF. The Monopolists defeated Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 2-0 in their quarterfinal fixture. Also of note was Pacitalia's 2-1 defeat at the hands of Sorthern Northland. It marked the first time the Sortherners defeated the Blue Foxes in a AOCAF match.

Sorthern Northland's reward will be Starblaydia, which defeated Kosovoe 1-0 in the other quarterfinal fixture.

For the Stars, the result is a measure of revenge against Krytenia for defeating the "A" national team in the final of the Mike Sarzo Memorial Trophy. The "A" team also played Krytenia to a 1-1 draw, a result that sent Sarzonia through to the knockout stages and eliminated the aces. However, the team said it wasn't interested in talking revenge.

"We've got enough on our plate with Cafundéu," Roberts said. "They're a very tough side, and we're going to need to be on our Ps and Qs to beat them."

As for Wilson, he said he wasn't thinking about job security as the Stars continued their run through this AOCAF.

"We sit down and evaluate everything at the end of the campaign," he said. "That's nothing new. I'll let that be the judge of where I go from here."

Surely these results provide him some vindication, right?

"It's all about this team and the players," he said. "My personal vindication has nothing to do with it."

Privately, the Stars were seething about a news report predicting their demise at the hands of Cafundéu published by Jornal o Cafundó. One player said the Monopolists "better be ready for us. We're gonna be real aggressive out there."

That served notice to the referee picked for the semifinal match. He may want to consider warning both teams before the opening kickoff what the consequences will be of too-brutal tackling. But that's an answer for another month, when Starblaydia finally decides to actually host the matches. For now, the Stars have their eyes on what's next.

"We're still here and Pacitalia are gone," said defender Carletta Ryan. "That's unusual, but we're going to embrace it."
Last edited by Sarzonia on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:55 pm

You can win it.

There it was, the voice in his head again. A soft, sultry, female voice, just within his limits of comprehension. He told himself that he was imagining it and, thankfully, 'no you're not' didn't arrive as a response. Starblaydia could beat Sorthern Northland, of course, as their teams were of similar strength. Now the defending champion Pacitalians were out, anything could happen. Nothing further popped into his head of it's own accord for the next few minutes, and Julius concentrated on his own thoughts. He practiced his free kicks on his own for a while, listening to the sounds of the training ground around him. He was by fair the oldest member of the team, with some sixty-five caps to his name, one of the two most famous surnames in Starblaydia.

The other being Di Bradini, of course.

Julius ballooned his shot way, way wide and over the bar in what TV commentators would un-amusingly call 'high, wide and not very handsome'. He looked around, frowning; he'd almost been able to hear where that had come from. There was resentment in that voice, mirrored a little in Julius' own mind. His father's name was once synonymous with Starblaydia - the similarity notwithstanding - and now this SDB character was taking all the glory.

"Don't bloody blame me," cackled Thoradkhan Norzak, the young Dwarven striker, who was jogging up and down the touchline, "if you can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo."

For a moment Julius simply stared, then experience took over and he broke into his best fake smile, used a thousand times and more for the cameras.

"You mean you can't get on the end of that?" Julius asked, yelling across the pitch.

"Aye, I could," Thorad shot back, "if I were standing in Krytenia right now!"

OOC: Scores.... shortly!
Last edited by Starblaydia on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:59 pm

SF Scores, Final Fixtures

Semi-Final Scores
SF1: Sarzonia 2-0 Cafundéu
SF2: Sorthern Northland 1-2 Starblaydia

Third-Place Play-off @ Stadii Di Quercus
Cafundéu v Sorthern Northland

Final @ Stadii Di Bradini
Sarzonia v Starblaydia

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Several years ago, Sarzonia finally broke through in an AOCAF, claiming the final with a 3-1 victory over Vilita. Almost as significantly, the semifinal match against Starblaydia marked the first time Sarzonia's AOCAF side defeated Starblaydia in that tournament.

Now, Kevin Wilson and his Stars will have another shot at winning their second AOCAF title, and once again defeating their nemeses from Starblaydia after defeating Cafundéu 2-0.

"This has been a long road," Wilson said. "To advance to the final after struggling to get past the group stage is a definite accomplishment."

The match was billed as revenge for the Stars after Cafundelense newspaper Jornal o Cafundó predicted the Monopolists would defeat the Stars. A Sarzonian player warned the Stars would come out and be aggressive against the Monopolists and proved to be right.

Sarzonia were whistled for 26 fouls to Cafundéu's 11 and Sarzonia were issued four yellow cards. Defender Carletta Ryan received two in the same sequence: one for a brutal tackle of Adamílson in the 23rd and one for dissent in the 24th. Despite playing a man down, Sarzonia (5-0-1) refused to pack nine men behind the ball.

"We were going to take our best shots out there," said midfielder Dustin Roberts. "Losing Carletta was not going to change that." Sarzonia essentially adopted a 3-4-2 formation instead of the 4-4-1 Sarzonia usually employs when playing with 10 men. Wilson said that was deliberate.

"We knew Cafundéu watched our matches and were aware of the scouting reports," he said. "We wanted to show them they couldn't just take conservative play for granted."

The move worked. Sarzonia scored both of its goals after Ryan's ejection. Roberts tallied a goal in the 28th minute that was arguably the signature of Wilson's aggressive strategy. Even the more defence-minded defenders ran forward for a set piece in the event Roberts's free kick was served into the area. However, Roberts bent the ball in such a way that even Simeone Di Bradini would have gasped at watching. The goal gave Sarzonia the 1-0 lead, and many observers predicted the Cafundelenses would turn the aggressors in terms of playing style.

"I expected [Cafundéu] to play with urgency," Wilson said. "I told our lads to do the same."

They did play with more urgency, but it nearly cost them dearly. In the second minute of first half stoppage time, Roberts sent a through ball into the box that resulted in a goal that was disallowed.

"[Stars midfielder] Andrew David was offside by a hair before the ball was played," the referee, who would not give his name to Sarzonian media by press time, said. He added that he didn't need to see the offside flag up -- which it wasn't -- to nullify the goal."

"That's ridiculous," David said. "I heard the thwack of Roberts's foot meeting the ball before I got past that defender."

No matter. The halftime whistle soon sounded, mercifully enough for the referee, who otherwise might have heard an earful from Wilson, who immediately sprang from the bench to dispute the offside call. He would not comment after the match even though replays showed David was onside when the ball was played.

David would later get the goal he'd been denied in the 57th minute when Roberts won a ball in midfield and saw David streaking down the left side. The quick pass to David stunned the Cafundelense defenders, even though they tried to intercept David before he could fire off a shot. All they did was cause David to slide the ball to Roberts, who drew in two defenders before passing it to David. The goal made it 2-0, and then Wilson finally brought in a defensive substitute.

However, even though Sarzonia were now playing its expected 4-4-1, the Stars still got the better of the attack, finishing the day controlling possession 57 percent of the time. The Stars fired a total of 16 shots to 12 for the Monopolists. Seven of Sarzonia's shots were on target to five for Cafundéu.

All that remains for Sarzonia now is Starblaydia. It will mark the first meeting for the two national teams in the AOCAF finals. Sarzonia's first and third AOCAF finals appearances (in AOCAF V and AOCAF XII) came against Vilita. Their second was against Hypocria, coached by now-former Incorporated Football Federation chairman and two-time Sarzonian national team manager Dave Wilson.

For Kevin Wilson, the prospect of winning a title to go along with the one officially credited to his father was not one he was willing to discuss yet.

"Right now, I'm not interested in history," he said. "I'm focused on the present, and that present involves trying to celebrate tonight's win and focus on Starblaydia and what we have to do to beat them."
Last edited by Sarzonia on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:22 am

OOC: Scores to come when I get to work.

Some light evening training had been in store for the team, taking in the surroundings of the Stadii Di Bradini, Starblaydia's national stadium, two days before the match. There had been smiles and tensions, but generally the Starblaydi team were confident ahead of their first Final of a major tournament in quite some time.

The hopes of the nation were on their shoulders, seeing if they could win the title at home to spark wild celebrations and give the team, nation and indeed game of football a boost after such a dismal World Cup performance.

There was quite a bit of media interest in the side's training session, with cameramen, photographers and other journalists lined up beyond the sidelines to get their images, copy and pieces out to the world in the run-up to the Final.

"Good luck," a woman's voice said. Julius was surprised a little, doing his warm-down stretches, as it sounded just like the voice in his heard, only it was as clear as day coming from right next to him. He turned his head to where the voice had come from, half-expecting to see the woman standing beside him. She was, however, forty yards away on the other side of the pitch. A shadowy figure, staring at him. He knew the voice had come from her, but how could it have?

"Er, thanks," Julius said quietly, so as no-one else around would hear him. He felt more than a little foolish.

"You're welcome," the voice said clearly again, "go out and win against Sarzonia. For your father."

The figure turned and walked briskly away. Julius stared in bemusement, quickly realising the rest of the team had trudged off back to the lockers already. Journalists would later say that it was the act of a captain before his last match, remaining on the field to soak up the eerie atmosphere of an empty stadium, knowing destiny awaited. The truth was quite different.

By the time Julius had walked back into the changing rooms, the team sheet for the Final had been posted on the wall. As expected, the sheet read:

Thranakrak; Ocra, Bianchi, Hayes, van der Bij; Starblayde (c), Diaz, Qalat, Galhardo; Norzak, Sha'ell.

The phrase popped into his head again.

"For your father."

Starblaydia should have wrote:1. Dwalagh Thranakrak, GK, 30 - Tabeck FC
12. Boroin Havizhin, GK, 37 - Karak Ungor Chiefs
19. Mikel Caesar Gomez, GK, 21 - Corinthian Spirits

2. Thomas Ocra, R/CB, 25 - Atlantas Klaipaada (Somewhereistonia)
3. Tobias van der Bij, LWB, 35 - Tabeck FC
5. Martin Hayes, LB, 29 - Montepool Waves
6. Ricardo Bianchi, CB, 27 - Jhanna United
13. Frederico Morales, CB, 32 - Hallad Reavers
14. Pascal Wilkinson, R/CB, 21 - Cedrus Soundgardia
20. Jin Dong Yong , CB, 24 - Seoan Cheonma (Daehanjeiguk)

4. Alberto Diaz, DM, 20 - Tenderville United (Nethertopia)
7. Julius Starblayde, RW, 41 - Jhanna City
8. Youness Qalat , AM, 29 - Volodiscow Resistance (Somewhereistonia)
11. Palmiro Galhardo, LM, 27 - Tabeck FC
15. Edward Visser, CM, 26 - Beverington Hawks
16. Jeremy Reid , RM, 20 - Foxchester Raiders
21. Lii Cheong-Yong, C/DM, 17 - Seoan Cheonma (Daehanjeiguk)
22. Raphael Lujan, C/AM, 19 - FC Farça

9. Thoradkhan Norzak, SC, 25 - Tabeck FC
10. Janey Sha'ell, SC, 21 - Corinthian Spirits
17. Rodrigo Silva, SC, 33 - Melin & Nader (Candelaria And Marquez)
18. Mauricio Esposito, SC, 25 - Jhanna United
23. Ben Lutwidge, SC, 19 - Montepool Waves

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports