NATION

PASSWORD

World Grand Prix Championship 18 [RP/results]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

The Wait Is Ongoing...WAIT WHAT?!?!

Postby TJUN-ia » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:35 am

Portside, JB TJUN-ia
2 Days After Cocoabo Expo
18:56pm TST (Oh boy, here we go...)

Waiting is a game...a game with many different styles. You could be waiting for something big or something small, a response to your question or just for your food to turn up. Waiting is a game every single human will have to play at least once in their lifetime, for one reason or another, and most of the time it's just...there.

But on certain occasions in one's life, the game of waiting becomes painful. It may be waiting for an important check-up, or your academic grades or even for your bride-to-be. But no matter what it is, it's these waits that can make or break a person - the nerves flying in all directions, sweat on the brow, all that jazz. It's painful and many have to go through these waits in order to experience more simple ones.

In his humble abode, not far from the Bay of Peace itself, TJUN-ia's open-wheel racing prospect was playing that very same game, waiting for something he didn't really think he was going to get at all: an e-mail from a team in the WGPC asking for his services. Did he stand a chance? Maybe, considering his performances in the Cocoabo Expo a few days ago, but it seemed a bit...unlikely to him.

After lunch, he had talked to a few representatives from the 3 teams in Cocoabo Forest but the one that surprised him was the one with that team with the long name. Race Eelandii! VTGP had called him in to chat, due to the fact he had finished in the Top 5 in the 23-lap sprint race earlier in the day. Sure, that was only due to a late pass on ex-teammate Taras Matviyenko but it was an opportunity nonetheless. Some of the questions in that meeting confused Carter a little bit, as he left the financial side of things to TJUN-ia-MRO, but he made sure to make his position clear: he wanted to get into this series for the sake of TJUN-ian motorsports. TJUN-ia has never had much of a racing scene until Jaguar Racing came along in NSSCRA and even though he may have struggled a bit at UrGa, he was closest TJUN-ia had to an "open-wheel guy" despite his Galarian heritage. Him being in the pinnacle of open-wheel racing would send a message to thousands of fans back home: if a Galarian can make it to the big time, maybe a TJUN-ian can too.

He was still feeling joyous from that meeting when he bumped into someone by mistake. It happens, of course, but this time was different. "Chyort! I am sorry," He said in a Slavic accent. "I was not looking where I was walking." Lane knew that voice, as well as what he meant by Chyort. He had to learn it for when he made his racing debut. As he looked towards this guy, he saw the look of realisation upon his face. Of all the guy you could have bumped into in Cocoabo Forest, Lane had to bump into Taras.

"Lane Carter? Is that really you? How has it been? We did not have proper goodbye in WGP2. You just disappeared. How are you doing?" The questions he expected from his former teammate. Of course, he forgot to say goodbye to him after his final race with UrGa. He would want to know why, and how he has been since. So, with cheeks red and nerves flying, he responded.

"Hey Taras. Strange isn't it, after all this time, that we end up at the same event. I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye, I just...wasn't in the right frame of mind. I thought I had let everyone down with my performances and I just...left. It was stupid, I know, but I felt that it was right at the time. I guess you can say I just needed to go. I even wrote a letter to Vasily (I think it was), telling him that I had let everyone down - him, you, UrGa, my brothers, everyone. I was just going to sit and wait until the next WGP2 season arrived for a new chance to shine where I had failed, but....I got a response from Vasily in the mail. He told me that both he and I made the same decision independently and the no matter what happens, that he would be proud to consider me part of the history of UrGa. It was a shock to be sure, but it made me realise that I wasn't as bad as what I was making it out I was in my head. For months, I compared myself to you all the time - how you got the podiums and I didn't, how you were 5 points ahead of me, how you were just better than me in every way - but after that letter, I realised that it didn't matter. You are you and I am me. We both raced well with the car that was given and in the end, you got better results out of it. So I aimed for the WGPC, to prove to myself and to the racing world that I can be great and well...here we are. It's strange that after all this time, the only difference between us was less than a second on the road. If we are ever to race against each other again, then I will look forward to that indeed. Udachi, brate."

It was a long ramble, but an emotional one too. He had given his thoughts to the man who he had raced against with envy all this time. He made sure to give him a proper goodbye this time, a hug this time, before walking back to where he was headed. No matter what happened next, Taras will always have a place in the heart and mind of the forgotten Galarian - no matter how hard it was to admit that, at times.

As he reminisced about that meeting, he got an e-mail from the MRO itself. Strange, he thought. The MRO doesn't usually email me... With curiosity, he opened the email and discovered the greatest shock in his life thus far: the MRO had heard back from Race Eelandii! VTGP. They want Carter to drive the 2nd car, alongside R. L. Cruisin himself. Lane Carter had, by divine intervention, gotten a seat into his grasp.

He stared at the e-mail for a few minutes, taking in every detail he could understand before he began to type his response. Of course he would accept but by the time he sent the response, everything felt like a dream. This couldn't be real, right? Me...in WGPC?

He accepted the new reality as his own. Lane Carter hadn't let anyone down at all. Not UrGa, not Prince, not Jester. not TJUN-ia, not...Taras. Lane Carter was in the WGPC and you'd better believe it. Quickly, he began to pack his bag once again as he knew what was about to happen. As quickly as Vilita and Turori had let him return home, they had picked him up. Lane Carter was heading to the Tropics.
Last edited by TJUN-ia on Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Nico Hulkenberg
Attaché

Founded: Aug 02, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Nico Hulkenberg » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:33 am

A Truly Hülkenberger Homecoming

During the flight back from Almintora, Dario was fast asleep. He hadn’t even slept before the Cocoabo Park trials, so he was catching up on lost sleep on the journey home. After all, you’ve always got to incorporate some beauty sleep into your day when you’ve got extremely slick hair. His beauty sleep wouldn’t last forever though, as the bumpy landing shook Dario awake.

It took Dario a few seconds to fully reawaken, but his first thought to himself was: ”Jesus Christ, does this airline even have pilots that know how to land without making everyone fear for their lives?” The answer to this was a big fat “no”, but his thought process was interrupted by the PA system.

*bing bong*

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to Emmerich. The local time is exactly 12:27am, and if you look outside you’ll notice that it’s raining quite heavily. It’ll take us another few minutes to park the plane at Terminal 2, so please remain in your seats until the seatbelt sign is off. On behalf of the crew,I’d like to thank you all for choosing FlyHülkenberg, and I hope you all enjoy being back in the capital.”

“Finally,”
thought Dario. “time to go home and get some sleep in a proper bed.”

At this point, Dario took his phone out his pocket and switched off airplane mode. Instant regret. A text from his dad flashed up on screen, which simply read “No chance, Fireline have got other drivers in mind.” Dario’s heart sank. He knew it would happen, but he was nonetheless disheartened by the news. The following text exchange ensued:

After the last text, Dario put his phone back in his pocket and sulked. All he wanted to do now was get off the damn plane - and he couldn’t even do that until it made it back to Terminal 2.

A long walk through the airport and one bus ride later...

*key turns*

*door opens*

*flicks light switch*

“SURPRISE!”
shouted Dario’s dad. ”Although you haven’t got a seat for this season, I still felt like you needed some sorta congratulations party, haha!”

“Dad, it’s almost one o’clock. What made you... wait, how did you manage to get my favourite sandwich at this time in the morning?”

“I have my methods, son. You hungry or am I putting this in the fridge for later?”

“Hell yeah, I’m hungry! How could I resist the pinnacle of sandwich creation?”

“Exactly. Now, eat up - you’ve earned it.”

“How did I earn it if I did so-“

“All I care about is you trying your best, and I’m sure that you did.”

“Aw, thanks!”

“No problem, Dario. Now, I’m off to bed, so don’t be making too much noise down here. G’night!”

There was no response from Dario. His mouth was full of delicious sandwich ingredients.

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:47 pm

RP cutoff for the second session of the Esmerel test.
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Week 3: Test session 2
Conditions:      	Dry
Lap Record: 00:01:45.500
Session Length: 180 minutes
Nation: ESM
Circuit: Forest Cross National Raceway
Event: Praesidium Bank Pre-Season Test of Esmerel

Drivers have 180 minutes to complete as many laps of the track as they like.
POS # DRIVER                   	FASTEST LAP	GAP TO LEADER
1 22 Jasmin Kranjska 00:01:48.319 00:00:00.000
2 94 Ryker Lane 00:01:48.496 00:00:00.177
3 19 Dom Falepeau 00:01:48.545 00:00:00.227
4 51 R.L. Cuisin 00:01:48.590 00:00:00.272
5 77 iBen Toralmintii 00:01:48.598 00:00:00.279
6 71 Rustom Ibuna 00:01:48.715 00:00:00.396
7 41 Jean Mercer-Daly 00:01:48.754 00:00:00.435
8 50 Rudy Edwards 00:01:48.768 00:00:00.449
9 28 Sara Luna 00:01:48.811 00:00:00.492
10 14 Sigur Bjarnason 00:01:48.846 00:00:00.528
11 42 Alex Dimitrianov 00:01:48.849 00:00:00.530
12 47 Erica Okumura 00:01:48.936 00:00:00.617
13 11 Lane Carter 00:01:49.096 00:00:00.777
14 37 Niklas Schonbaum 00:01:49.188 00:00:00.870
15 7 Abdoulaye Goita 00:01:49.271 00:00:00.952
16 23 Cocoabo #23 00:01:49.273 00:00:00.954
17 52 Sayono Souzare 00:01:49.652 00:00:01.333
18 12 Anneliese Devereux 00:01:49.691 00:00:01.373
19 25 Gregori Krupin 00:01:49.817 00:00:01.498
20 46 Kitti Armbruster 00:01:50.040 00:00:01.722
21 56 Terho Talvela 00:01:50.184 00:00:01.866
22 85 Olivia Stone 00:01:50.510 00:00:02.191
23 8 William Archer 00:01:51.558 00:00:03.239
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:11 pm

OOC host note:
WGPC Motorworks offers have been sent by telegram. Four drivers have been offered drives; if all four accept, then only the two best qualifiers of the four at each race weekend will take part in the race.
Слава Україні!

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:34 pm

Post 5 – I think she is trying to communicate...

Adriana noticed that there was someone approaching the door and in turn, flashing a series of lights. She took a total of 2.5 seconds to infer what they were doing.

Some sort of alien language? Weird systems that are perhaps out of this world? Perhaps with the rest of them but this one is clear.

"Morse code!" she thought to herself. The light it was using, however, was very pale yellow, not exactly pure white. Maybe she was talking gibberish with that hue or light. Or worse, an insult. A very, very bad one. If the latter was such a case, Adriana figured that she would have been roasted literally.

In turn, she searched up the table for Morse Code and used her hand's lights to flash a series of message: Hello, it is me, Adriana! I do understand Morse, but unfortunately, I don't think I understand your language. Please do excuse me. I am simply here to talk to you casually, nothing urgent!

As she waits, she received an email from none other than Fireline, indicating their interest in her and offering her a place.

"Oh why, yes, definitely!" she thought to herself. Such an opportunity too, she thought. Maybe they saw her racing in the Cocoabo Trials and it must have been the fastest lap. Maybe things were running out of time. She would gladly do a trial run first, but Adriana decided to take the opportunity right now. With that said and done, Adriana Kowalski has confirmed herself to be driving for Fireline.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Squidroidia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2020

Postby Squidroidia » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:38 pm

Hotel Kuzuru, Inkopolis.

The Squidroidian media gathered round for the press conference. They were expecting something coming out of FunStar - Perhaps a new product to be put on the shelves, maybe a surprise acquisition of another tech company... The conference was for something related to FunStar, but nobody knew what it was.

Backstage, Daryl reread the email from WGPC Motorworks.

"Congratulations! You are 1 of 4 drivers invited to join the WGPC Motorworks team!"

When he did get onto his email account, his heart sank as he saw the email. He knew that there was this chance, this small, 8% chance, of getting to sign for Motorworks, but with 4 drivers getting invites, that should have been a 16% chance. He rolled the lucky seven. And now he had to announce it in front of the entire motorsport world.

There was no Squidroidian blue helmet on the press conference table. Nor was there one backstage. Everything was seemingly under wraps, although some motorsports sites have reported on rumors that Mizushima would sign for Motorworks after his pole position at the Cocoabo Expo. For the most part Daryl and Yusuke didn't get them. But now, as the short hand struck 6, Daryl's father approached him and rubbed his shoulder.

"Don't be shy kid. You're the underdog. Say it proud to the world, son, because they will know your name."

With that in mind, Daryl got up and made his way to the press conference room. Cameras flashed as he made his way to the table, all alone. Yusuke wasn't there, nor were the other executives. It was his son that made his way to his seat and took a deep breath.

When the press were silent, he uttered the words that would change his life, his father's company, and motorsport as Squidroidians knew it forever.

"Good evening. As of today, I am accepting the invite to join WGPC Motorworks driving the #63 car."

The cameras immediately flashed. The media were asking questions left and right. This was the news nobody saw coming.

"Mr. Mizushima, why did you accept the invite?"

"I am an underdog sir, my pole is a testament to that. When nobody says you'll succeed, you go out there and succeed."

"Are you going to fix your behavioral problems once you get to Turori next week?"

"I will fix them. I fixed them when I got into the Cocoabo Forest. I won't have an incident."

"How well do you see yourself in the Motorworks car?"

"Only time will tell. I know I have competition to face."

The news spread like wildfire. Front and back pages were held to print the shocker, graphics showing Daryl in his new car were shown across the WGPC's social media pages, and even SBN, Squidroidia's national television channel, got the national rights to show WGPC races. Mizushima fever was at a high.

For him, his next stop wasn't a business meeting in Newton. It was Turori.

Mattijana
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:57 pm

Reverse Reverse! What Would the WGPC Look Like Backwards?

MFO SPORT

By Matej Jelic, Sports Writer and Commentator

We're halfway through the year. The mid-season tests have just happened. Must be time for the technical second half starting in Rivoli?
Oh no it's not, because we're in the crazy parallel universe where the entire calendar is backwards. If you joined us for part one, you'll know how this works. If not, the next bit is fairly self-explanatory anyway. I drive the entire WGPC calendar's reverse layout in the MRT simulator, talk about how good, bad or indifferent it is, and give it an arbitrary rating that doesn't really mean anything in the real world. Buckle up for part two...

Race 6: Fjellutfordring, Aboveland
https://i.imgur.com/5aLifcg.png
This was probably the most disappointing of the reverse layouts because the forwards layout is really good, but has the (presumably unintentional) adverse effect of making the backwards version more clunky than a McPahan with a gearbox problem.
The turn 11/10 combo is by far the best part of the track and would make for an interesting start, but that’s about as good as it gets. The progressively slower turn 9 is a real anti-climax, the flicky bit on the exit of turn 8 would be a nightmare for track limits enforcement and turn 4 is ruined by having a really tight section bang in front of it. Turn 3 isn’t too bad and is spiced up by the wall on the exit, but turn 2 into turn 1 feels pretty clumsy. On the bright side, turns 7 and 3 might be turned into half overtaking chances.
Rating: 3/10

Race 7: Akresna Circuit, Auruna
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... topo-1.png
If Raichovskiy might have been better the other way round, whoever designed Akresna definitely put the corner numbers on the wrong way.
Ok, so it’s still pretty point-and-squirt, but the bits in between do become more interesting in a reversed layout. Having the downhill drop through Entenalla as turn one would be great, the flick through 16 over the brow into 15, particularly with a bit of a run-up through the valley, is really fun, and the plunge down the hill through Kolantalla also feels like an improvement. You don’t really lose out on any overtaking opportunities either, so the racing would be pretty good. The whole thing just needs to take out a few hairpins - whichever way round you're driving it.
Rating: 7/10

Race 8: Crossbay Circuit, Nimbus
Ahhh crossbay… A real modern classic this one, albeit not so much backwards.
The highlight of the reverse lap here was turn 12. Having charged downhill through the tunnel, you ping back out into the sunlight into the heaviest braking zone on the track, faced by a massive great wall (or at least an imagikinetic barrier). For all intents and purposes, you may as well be taking it blind and although edgy and chaotic, I’m not sure fun is really the word to describe it.
The squiggly bits in the middle sector aren’t too bad and turn 4 sort of becomes an overtaking chance, but turn one is nowhere near as good at a slower speed and the 15/16/17 combo feels like a better end to the lap than beginning. All in all, it’s another circuit that’s so good the right way round that the reverse layout just isn’t the same.
Rating: 4/10

Race 9: Dashoze Circuit, Hodori
https://i.imgur.com/EmCi1FR.png
Dashoze is another cracking circuit, and unlike Crossbay, it actually works alright backwards too.
Starting the lap with the high-speed chicane is pretty epic, especially as there’s a wall tight to the exit to stop any rogue cars flipping off onto the underpass. The drop through 160R means that whilst it isn’t quite as fast as it’s standard counterpart, there’s still quite a bit going on to keep you interested. Seeing cars trying to dive down the inside into spoon would also be really entertaining and the faster exit combined with the flat-out run through 14 means that the PrismRiver esses are arguably better backwards. The flick through turn 5 also makes turn 4 a lot more challenging than it would be the right way round.
Can turn 1 be made into an overtaking chance by taking turn 2 flat-out? Probably, although overtaking in general would be a lot more limited, which to be honest, is the only thing that takes away from what is otherwise a surprisingly good reverse layout.
Rating: 9/10

Race 10: Eelandii Grand Prix Course, Turori
http://www.3wideracing.com/3wide/sites/ ... street.png
Cobbling together a track from the service roads of a sporting complex is never a great strategy for creating a great racetrack. Arranging said service roads to create a track in the shape of some letters is also not a great strategy for creating a great racetrack. Doing both is definitely not a great strategy for creating a great racetrack and it doesn’t get any better if you re-arrange them so that they’re sideways, upside down or indeed backwards.
In the case of the Eelandii Grand Prix Course, that’s because the letter T is formed entirely of 90 degree snoozefests that are almost exactly the same in reverse. Turns 3 and 4 are somewhat improved by the fact that turn 4 is no longer a straightforward acceleration zone and actually requires some thought, but this is offset by turn 11, where the awkward little flick on the entry becomes a straightforward acceleration zone. Other than that, you probably wouldn’t notice you were driving it backwards as you slipped into a boredom-induced coma. The only thing that might spice things up is cars coming out the pits getting wiped out by someone locking up into turn 17.
Rating: 1/10

End of Season Test 1: Forest Cross Raceway, Esmerel
https://i.imgur.com/ZCE9Qtn.png
One potential flaw of a reversed season is that all the pre-season tests are now at the end of the season and serve no actual purpose, but I’m sure the WGPC can find a way round that. Maybe they could convert the tests into actual races, which would suit the Forest Cross Raceway just fine as its an absolute travesty it was relegated to testing status in the first place.
Sending it full-throttle around turn 24 and then slamming on the breaks into the readjustment is an amazing start to the lap, albeit one that would probably bugger up any potential overtaking move. Flying downhill out of the tunnel into the Absomax is also thrilling and the little crest before turn 21 also makes it a lot more interesting. Centrifuge is a decent overtaking chance and offers several opportunities to cut back at a rival throughout the long exit and into turn 19.
The little flick into turn 8 now actually requires some thought and the exit’s position right next to the pin of bravery requires some lightning fast reactions too.
Like with most other tracks, there aren’t quite as many overtaking opportunities, although what makes Forest Cross different is the fact that the ones remaining are probably more fun. All in all, the safety modifications don’t seem to have had a huge effect on the track’s challenging nature and general coolness – not backwards at least.
Rating: 9/10

End of Season Test 2: Kauralahti, Savojarna
https://i.imgur.com/NPuZxRa.png
Kauralahti is an exciting-looking track and certainly a fast one, and it’s not awful the other way round. Kivomaki is as good an overtaking chance as Village and although Rantala is a bit boring without a run-up, Naka is even more hair-raising with the extra length of straight preceding it. It’s probably still near-enough flat out, but you have to be really on it to avoid some kind of off.
Most improved sections go to Koivu and the turn 4/3 complex, which both go from being fairly vanilla 90 degree-ers followed by simple acceleration zones, to the classic flick into heavy breaking zone combo that has been much discussed so far. Kaivaa does lose some of its appeal, although the off-camber start to the corner does mean it’s still a tricky challenge. One question does remain in both the forward and backwards layouts though… why on earth didn’t they build the pit lane on the inside of the track?
Rating: 7/10

End of Season Test 3: Excelsior Resort Myrtle Grand Prix Circuit, Xanneria
https://i.imgur.com/WPhphZX.jpg
Be wary of a circuit cobbled together from service roads. Be wary of a circuit with sponsors in its title. Be especially wary of a circuit with both…
Considering the Excelsior Resort circuit does satisfy all of the above, it could be slightly worse, but it does suffer from a fair dose of Eelandii-itus in that most of the corners are equally as mediocre backwards.
The one fun bit is the sequence of corners at the start of the pit straight, which now become actual corners given they’re closer to the end of the full-throttle blast. The weird double-apexed thing on the exit of the turn 3 chicane is also a bit more interesting on the way into the corner, although it does ruin any chance of actually sending an overtake into there. Otherwise, the Mickey-mouse chicanes and weird roundabout thing at the far end of the circuit are equally as painful in the wrong direction. A nondescript ending to the season.
Rating: 2/10

So there you have it, a reversed tour of the WGPC calendar.
Obviously boring things like impracticality and driver safety, as well as the fact that most of the tracks aren’t actually as good backwards, are probably going to get in the way of this flying as a legitimate idea. The WGPC have brought in a sprint race this year though in an uncharacteristically progressive step, so maybe in future series, there could be room for a bonus reversed-grid, reversed-layout race at a track where it’s actually a good idea. You heard it here first, and when the WGPC make the right call, I’ll be drinking in the riches of my genius from my mansion in Rivoli.
Last edited by Mattijana on Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The socialist republic of Mattijana:
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.
through resilience, we are strong!

Sorlovia
Envoy

Founded: May 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorlovia » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:01 pm

Nemenyets Test Circuit, Sorlovia
Pre-Season

All of Gregori’s attention was devoted to the first race of the season.

The Gran Prix of Turori would be the first official race of WGPC18. It would also be his first chance to put the Volkov Mark II to the test in an actual race. The pre-season tests mimicked the environment of a race but they failed to fully match it. An experienced racer knew that the pre-season tests were a totally different animal to an official race. The feeling of the track was different. The level of stress and pressure on the racers was different. Then there was the fact that there was far more at stake in an actual race. In a race every second counted and every car ahead of you was a threat.

Gregori cared more about the official races than he did about the pre-season tests. For a racer it was the official races that were the most important. A pre-season test was a chance to practice and get a feel for the car you would be driving for the season and a sense of the dynamic of your team. But the actual races were where the Championship title was at stake. That attitude had shaped his response to the pre-season tests. He’d used them to learn about his car, to study the other racers, to study his teammate and to hone his skills. But there would be hesitation when it came to the first race. At that point the time for learning and watching was done. It was game time!

His pit crew had made a few tweaks to his car after the second test at Forest Cross. But at that point Gregori’s mind had already been on Turori. It would be his first real taste of what the season would be like and he had already started mentally going over the track in his mind. He’d studied the map of the circuit several times and his methodical mind was already calculating the speeds he would need to best take advantage of the straights and corners.

“Turori is going to be fun,” he said with a grin “I’ve been looking forward to the first race ever since I signed up for WGPC18. This is what it’s all about Viktor! I want to be on that circuit already!”

“Easy tiger,” Viktor chuckled “you still have awhile to wait. Don’t get too bold. I know that you’ll use the lead up as a training opportunity.”

Indeed. After the final test at Forest Cross had come to a close Gregori had cloistered himself on the training circuit in Nemenyets. The ambitious young racer had spent long hours taking laps pushing his car to its limits. He’d invested every spare minute he had into sharpening his skills and getting the hang of the car. How could he improve his technique? Did he need to be more or less aggressive? It was all taken into consideration and the analysis read outs of every tests run were carefully poured over with a very fine tooth comb. One test circuit, then study the read out and then back to another test circuit. More training. There was always time for more training. If he hoped to do well at Turori then he had to train as much as he could.

Turori was getting close. If he was to do well in the first race then he needed to keep practicing. One lap, then came another and then another. The first time around he would go slower and gentler into the corners. But the next he would go fast and hard into them. What worked the best? How could he
get better speed results and handling? He would catch up with Sara. But first he need to practice.
---

Crown Hotel, Sorlovia
Pre-Season

Gregori quickly typed the email as he sat in his hotel room;

To: Sara Luna

Hi Sara,

Welcome to the WGPC! I’ve been watching your results in the tests and you are doing well. I’ll never forget my rookie season in the WGPC. It’s something you never forget. It all seemed so daunting that day when I first stepped onto a WGPC track on race day. But I want to encourage you to savour it. It’s a feeling you only get once and you’ll want to remember every minute of it.

Turori is going to be interesting. We’ve both had mixed results in the pre-season tests. But they’re a totally different animal to an official WGPC race. Raceday is when it all gets real. No will is hesitating or holding back anymore. The Championship is at stake and every has their eyes set on it. Don’t hold back and don’t hesitate or the WGPC will eat you alive. You are going to face a lot of pressure and an incredible amount of stress. This isn’t a Sunday drive we’re talking about here. But you’re a talented racer. I know you will do well.

Get ready. Here it comes!

Regards,
Gregori Krupin

Gregori liked Sara. She was a highly skilled racer and an all-around pleasant young woman. He’d met her in the workshop many times and they’d had many good talks. She had proven her skill out on the track and how shown a commitment to the team that inspired him. Volkov had clearly made the right choice in signing her. Some teams were weary of signing rookies but he had voiced his support for her when her name had come up as a person of interest.

He remembered what it had been like to be a rookie in the WGPC. The teams seemed to favour only the more experienced racers and you were left to fight for a position. But that having to fight for the spot was what made you value it more. A rookie came to the WGPC with ambition and something to prove. But Sara already had experience racing at other WGPO events.

Nico Hulkenberg
Attaché

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Nico Hulkenberg » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:17 pm

A Surprise, But A Welcome One

Dario was having a good dream. He was imagining himself in the driver’s seat of a WGPC car, and finally winning a race. He imagined himself on the top step of the podium, with the crowd chanting ”Dario! Dario! Dario!” However, he wasn’t imagining the chanting of his name. His dad was trying to wake him up, trying to shake him awake while shouting his name.

”Dario! Dario! Dario!”

“Hm? Wha? What’s happened? Is everything alright?”

“Everything’s better than alright, son. I’ve just got an email...”

“Is it Fireline’s rejection?”

“...from WGPC Motorworks.”

“Holy shit, no way!”

“Yes way, the email says you’ve been offered a drive by them.”

“You’re saying that... someone’s taking a chance on me?”

“Yep, they are. Well done son, you’ve made it!”

Dario sat bolt upright, looking gleeful. You could tell he was about to burst with excitement.

”FUCK YEAH! WOOOHOOOO! LET’S FUCKING GO, IT’S HAPPENING!”

“It really is, Dario. This ain’t a dream, you’re in the big boy leagues now!”

“Have you replied to the email yet?”

“Nah, quite frankly I’d like you to do the honours. After all, it’s you who’s being offered the seat.”

“Alrighty! Pass me over your phone and I’ll reply.”

Dario began typing up one of the most important emails he’d ever write in his life. His whole career, his victories in Hülkenberger domestic racing, and the highs and lows he had been through were all leading up to this moment. This was his big break.

To: WGPC Motorworks
Subject: Re: An Invitation

To whomever it may concern,

I have received your offer of a seat at your team, and I have fully weighed up all of my options. Hence, I shall graciously accept your invitation to drive for the WGPC Motorworks team this season. I look forward to getting to know all of you at WGPC Motorworks, and I hope I can provide this team with some good performances.

Yours sincerely,
Dario Nülkeschläger
Prospective WGPC Driver

”And... sent.”

“How does being an actual WGPC driver feel, Dario?”

“It feels great! I can only imagine it’ll feel a lot better when I’m in the car, though!”

“Oh, it will. Believe me, it will. Those cars which you thought were fast in domestic racing? Heh, they’re child’s play in WGPC!”

“Woah.”

“Anyways, I’m off to break the news to the Hülkenberger Herald. I would say for you to get a few more hours of sleep, but you seem too excited to go back to dozing off.”

“You bet your ass I’m excited!”

“Good, good. Come downstairs, I’ll make you a coffee. It’s going to be a day of interviews and front page coverage, I’m afraid. After all, the press will be all over you once I break the news.”

Dario was still in shock. He couldn’t really get over the fact that he, a rookie who performed badly in the only trial he did, was getting his big break. Was it his hair? Was it his wealth? Was it his domestic experience? Who knows, maybe it was something else entirely. Nevertheless, he was no longer just Dario Nülkeschläger. He was now Number 27, Dario Nülkeschläger!

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:40 pm

Chars looked at his email page. An offer from WGPC Motorworks team.
"Hell yeah," he"d thought, "An offer! Why did it take that long for it to come?"
In pure ecstasy, Chars hurriedly wrote a reply:

Subject: Re: Invitation to WGPC Motorworks

Dear reader,

I have received your offer to drive for your team. After some consideration, I have decided to accept the contract at WGPC Motorworks. I hope I can impress the team and leave a mark. I look forward to working with the team, and I won't let any of you down.

Yours sincerely,
Charyseine Valkyria

After clicking on submit, Chars felt a surge of happiness in him. He was finally driving for a team.
johnathan

Auruna
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Auruna » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:11 pm

MNA Lÿntere
Lÿntere, Auruna

It's an uneventful day for Kinu, sitting in the drivers' lounge, just doing whatever the hell he can think of. Drinking some coffee while watching stuff or music at full blast, the usual things he does in every MNA drivers' lounge. Suddenly, a notification on his phone, he didn't notice it a first but after a few rings, he checks his phone to find out that it's an email. Might be something important, and it is. He couldn't contain his excitement, jumping around.

"Whew... vitun helvetti.. I've been waiting for this!"

He rushes to his laptop, still ecstatic.

Subject: Re: Seat Offer

To whom it may concern,

I have received the offer to drive for your team for this season. With no other options on the line, I accept the offer to drive for the WGPC Motorworks team for this season. I am looking forward to working with you and whoever my teammates are, and I hope to perform well for this team.

Sincerely,
Kinu Luminna

Sent.

He calls in Ziuvin to tell him what happened.

"Whoa, nice!"

"Yeah! Finally, I get to drive again!"

"You'll perform well, I know it. You only need the experience there to finally reach the podium."

"A points finish is alright for now."

"Good luck out there. Just call me if you need a race engineer."

"Heh, alright."

Viska Factory
Sterlennau, Auruna
After the Kauralahti test

"We're consistently in the middle but it's alright, we're going to work on the car to improve throughout this season." Jöna says after looking at the results of the test one more time. He knows that there's a lot more pressure in the WGPC than in the WGP2 and he's trying to relieve most of that pressure.

"Tests results don't matter much, we're just testing our car, right?"

"Yep. It helps with development and a good result at testing is better. Let's not worry too much. We're one of the newest teams here and these guys have a lot of experience under their belt." He looks at a model of their WGP2 car on his desk. "Go check on the mechanics and engineers, take them for a coffee break before resuming work on the car."

"Alright."

"I'll ask our drivers about the car, the engine, suspension, and the aero... and will probably do the same."

"Heh, alright mate."
#RiseAuruna!
#NagrüvaAuruna!

Note: I don't primarily use NS stats
Auruna's attackers in wars, in a nutshell
Clarkson : "Richard Hammond...
how's the braking going?"
Hammond : Sliding down the slope
"That's going well... it's going well."

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AURUNA
Litävinnenazyonalla Auruna

#ConLangGang
"Logistics is a fun mess of confusion and ammunition." - Auruna, 2020

Sorlovia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorlovia » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:38 pm

Nemenyets Test Circuit, Sorlovia
Pre-Season

The team at Volkov Racing was also preparing for the Gran Prix of Turori.

Sergei and his team had spent the last hour in the board room going over the race readouts from the pre-season tests with a fine tooth comb. Sara’s results had deeply impressed all of them and the way Gregori had produced a third place finish in the second-to-last test gave them confidence. His ability to come back from a bad streak would serve him well in the season. But hopefully he wouldn’t have to endure another bad streak like that. With two WGPC seasons under his belt Gregori was seasoned as a racer. He had the experience and knowledge of the tracks that Sara didn’t. He was a very highly skilled racer with an appetite for racing that made even the most passionate racers seem ambivalent and casual.

Gregori was in it for the long haul. One race just wasn’t enough and no amount of low place finishes would stop him. But, most importantly, he had the ability to come back from a bad finish to secure a better one in the next race. He was an experienced racer with an unflinching focus and dedication. He really was the perfect posterboy for Volkov Racing and the ideal man for their number one seat. Sara, on the other hand, was a highly skilled and ambitious rookie. She had secured several desirable placings in the pre-season tests and had fared well at Cocoabo. She worked well with Gregori which was of the utmost importance. Volkov was a team and in a team everybody needed to get along.

“Turori is going to be interesting,” Sergei said unknowingly mirroring Gregori “we have an ambitious young rookie with a lot of raw skill and an experienced relentless veteran of two seasons. Both seem very hungry for the Championship. Maybe we have a shot at the Constructors Cup.”

“Gregori has the skill and the experience,” Svetlana replied “that is going to serve us well going into the season. We’ve seen that he can come back from a less than desirable finish. Then we have Sara who has so much raw skill and the ambition of a WGPC rookie. She’s already established a very good track record for herself. We have a lot of talent here this season.”

Both racers had learned their cars over many long hours on the test circuit. The Mark II car had been selected as the official Volkov car for the reason and the liveries had been finalized. The designers had released the final designs for the race suits meaning that Sara and Gregori now had everything they needed for the first race of the season. But it would be up to them to use their cars to their full capacity. Turori would be the testing ground. The first race was where everything got serious. There were no more tests and no more time to study the other racers. It was time to race.

"Turori. Here we come!"

Filindostan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Filindostan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:19 pm

Villacosta Residence
San Marco, Filindostan

Rusty took advantage of a week-long break weeks prior to the start of his third WGPC season by further improving his fitness in his home. On the last day of his break, he opened his tablet to view the latest news from the closing stages of the silly season. He scrolled the news entries one by one until he saw a news tidbit about the Filindostani team:

Latest WGPC News

WGPC Motorworks to field four drivers this season

Latest insider news around WGPC that its Motorworks team, which will be operated by renowned Liventian constructor Carvenlo-Franklin, have offered four spots who were rumored to be Daryl Mizushima from Squidroidia, Dario Nuelkeschlaeger from Huelkenberg, Charyseine Valkyria from Twictagria, and Kinu Luminna from Auruna. After the WGPC grid was set at the conclusion of pre-season testing where Race Eelandii! VTGP and Fireline were the last teams to complete their lineups, there is no official word from the WGPC Motorworks team on how the outfit will operate and if all their drivers will participate in the race weekends.

Fireline signs Kowalski, final non-WGPC Motorworks spot filled

Fireline Motorsports have signed Valentian driver Adriana Kowalski as their #1 driver for this season. The Ethani outfit was the last WGPC independent team to complete their driver lineup after the earlier signing of Cocoabo #23 to consolidate their partnership with Tropicorp which will supply both engines and tyres to the team. The Valentian however missed the final pre-season test at Esmerel due to unknown reasons. Insider sources have pointed to the unwillingness of veteran WGPC driver R.L. Cruisin to have a non-human teammate at Race Eelandii! VTGP, which penned TJUN-ian Lane Carter to drive the second car for the Vilitan and Turorian outfit this season.

Race Eelandii! VTGP signs Lane Carter to team up with R.L. Cruisin

Vilitan and Turorian outfit Race Eelandii! VTGP has completed their lineup, signing Lane Carter for this season. The TJUN-ian driver drove for UrGa Motorsports Division in last season's WGP2 prior to signing with the team. This leaves one spot open, the lead driver spot of Ethane's Fireline Motorsports, after Cocoabo #23 was signed to drive for them this season.

Rudolf Ibuna expects son to follow role as #2 driver for Badai Angin

Filindo outfit Badai Angin have assured its lead driver Alex Dimitrianov that he will be the undisputed #1 driver at the team, team princpal Rudolf Ibuna assured during the team's car launch. Before the final preseason test at Esmerel, the team launched the BAP002 car at the Yogyakulta International Circuit, with the ex-WGPC driver answering questions about the team. In one of the last questions, he was asked on the status of the two signed drivers and the older Ibuna said that "I think Rusty understand his role in the team this season, is to help the team win the Constructors' title. He can provide the points we need, but he understands that Alex is the main man of our team right now."

Rusty immediately locked the screen of his tablet and threw it into his bed. "Is that what they call 'selective journalism'?" He sarcastically asked his mother the question.

"Hahaha!" Marge cannot stop laughing at her son. "Sites like those want to distort statements for their own money. What do you think of that Rudolf thinking of you as limited to being a #2 driver?"

"I'm may be signed as #2 but for the past seasons, I didn't look like one. I beat Sigur on the points on our constructors' win but I was still the odd one out, I moved to Eelandii VTGP and learned a lot from Mr. Kardaeri, but I also beat him and Drake combined. Now that I am in Badai Angin, Filindos will sure root for me, and soon the musketeers would realize it before it's too late. I need to beat Alex first before beating anyone else."

"Son, you have to beat yourself first. Remember for the past two seasons, you started well. Heck while you were at MRT, you won the second race of the season. Last season, you were second in points. But you lost your momentum too quickly. You need to learn to be consistent first and keep your momentum if you want to compete for the title this season."

"But..."

"...I already told you what you need to do. Besides, the trio might not last atop the perch of that team. Did the Varadis tell you anything about the buyout plan?"

"I am aware of it, but they prefer to see it through for the first half of the season, then it might depend on what 'pa and Bryant plan to do next."

"Just wait, your time will come soon. You'll be the #1 driver for the forseeable future. For now, learn from Alex, improve further, and strike whilst the iron is hot."

"Noted. Could you help me pack up my things as I need to go back to Yogyakulta tomorrow?"
Nation active only for Motorsports.
The Artist formerly known as Sangti | Potentia et Sanctitas Populi
Baptism of Fire 66 Winners
Trigram: FID | Demonym: Filindo/Filindostani | Capital: San Marco | Leader: Dorigo Dutete | Newswire | No Nonsense Sportswear | Esportiva | IUBC Newswires | Domestic Motorsports

Cocoabo Forest
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Free-Market Paradise

Postby Cocoabo Forest » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:04 am

Image Image

When the field arrives in Eelandii for the season opening Grand Prix of Turori, nearly half of the cars on the grid will be donning Tropicorp Racing Supply's Sifaka Tires. For Tropicorp officials, it was a testament to the progress they had made in motorsports as a premier supplier to racing teams in competitions throughout the multiverse. Through their investments in the World Grand Prix and NSSCRA circuits, the Tropicorp brand had become synonymous with winning including a dominant performance by Tropicorp Racing Aelund during the World Grand Prix's 17th season.

During the WGPC 17 campaign, Tropicorp had 4 teams on their tires but by the end of the season Omni Racing and Mirrors Grand Prix would withdraw from top level Grand Prix competition. Unsurprisingly both Tropicorp Racing Aelund and Eelandii VTGP extended their agreements with Tropicorp Racing Supply but in a major coup, Tropicorp was able to add long-time top-tier WGPC team MRT to the fold for WGPC Season 18. The Mattijana Racing Team had used Petrovi Tires during WGPC 17 but Petrovi were not one of the four approved Tire Suppliers for World Grand Prix Season 18 necessitating the change for the Mattijans. Debutant World Grand Prix teams Preston Autos and Volkov Racing also committed to Tropicorp Racing Supply. That was five teams - already an increase from the season before. There were still two teams on the market, however. Fireline and WGPC Motoworks. It was believed that WGPC Motorworks was a low probability haul as they were looking for a more personalized level of support that could only be offered by the Tire Supplier with the fewest total number of clients. In Fireline Motorsports, however, Tropicorp Racing Supply officials saw an opportunity.

Fireline had been supplied by Solymok the season before and, unlike the Mattijana Racing Team who were forced to pick a new supplier after Petrovi were not on the list of approved tires for Season 18, Fireline could have stuck with their supplier. Instead, the Ethanean outfit decided to make a change. They saw Tropicorp as their best opportunity to improve on their performances from the prior season and doubled down - not only with Tropicorp Tyres but with a Tropicorp Engineering supplied powertrain as well.

With the team fully committed to Tropicorp for the season, officials from the Calania based corporation began to engage discussions with the team regarding their two open driver slots.

Ultimately the two parties came to agreement that would see Tropicorp fully funding a drive on the team. Tropicorp would also provide Tyres without cost to the team and work with other Vilita and Turori based companies to provide services to support thte teams marketing budget. One such partnership came in the form of 3WD - a Lonngeylin Based design firm responsible for designing a logotype banner for the team that also included a small mark for Tropicorp as one of the teams primary sponsors.

While many had originally thought that the Fireline team would select at least one Ethanean driver, that plan was upended when the team instead chose Valentine Z's Adriana Kowalski as their #1 Driver. Kowalski was a veteran of one season of World Grand Prix 2 competition where they were a teammate to Jama'obo Pegasii in an under performing Steam-Powered race car.

Kowalski's teammate would be Cocoabo #23. Fast Cocoabo was offered the seat after their victory in the 23 Lap Sprint at the Cocoabo Expo. Tropicorp Racing Supply intervened to help get Fast Cocoabo into the Fireline ride due to the close partnership between Fireline and Tropicorp for Tires and Engine components. Both the Cocoabo and Kowalski were already a part of the Tropicorp Team of drivers and with Fireline on board it was a total of six teams using Tropicorp Racing Supply tires and three teams using the Tropicorp Engineering Motor for World Grand Prix season 18.

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:48 am

As much of a huge shame that a track with the caliber of Forest Cross Raceway was demoted to a mere test session again this season (despite a well-done reworking), the Polaris team were rather relieved that it didn't count for points. The team never did all that well in Esmerel, and it was an incredibly difficult track to set up for. Well...how can you? There's three very, very long flat-out sections, including the gargantuan Blast Zone that spanned the entire forest, so surely one should put downforce as low as possible? If one did that, then good luck dealing with the incredibly technical first half. Getting round the Pin of Bravery without any good downforce would at least look funny, but it's not a valid racing strategy. The solution, then, should be to balance the setup? Polaris already tried that, and every time, they got the worst of both worlds. As good as the circuit may be, it just didn't gel with them.

As a result, the team took the sessions at Esmerel as less of a circuit, but more of a general testing ground. With three hours in the wet, and three in the dry, the overall time wasn't anywhere near as important as getting section data. With one of the tightest sections on the calendar, plus a 1300m straight all on the same ribbon of road, it was an opportune time to try out strategies for the upcoming season. The numbers didn't look pretty on the timesheet when the sessions were done, but there was never an intention of Polaris pushing for the top at this time. There aren't any points up for offer in test sessions, after.

And yet, in the overall test sessions, the results had been rather promising. It's a well-known fact that Polaris are not the fastest car on the grid. As two of the test tracks have been up there with the quickest overall on the calendar, for once, they hadn't been propping up the table at the bottom. When it came to the tighter city track at Xanneria, Erica was on fire, pulling a third and a fourth. She'd never done that before in a test session. This overall, despite averaging out to a lowish position when all six runs were taken into consideration, was promising. After a bit of a damp squib for her sophomore season, it might seem, then, that Erica's third season is the one where all of her training and experience will finally be put into practice, and maybe...just maybe...her pit boss, Alexandra Mayari, might be able to touch the championship gold again.
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Squidroidia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2020

Postby Squidroidia » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:47 am

Even when Daryl Mizushima arrived in Eelandii for the Turori Grand Prix weekend, he still couldn't believe his luck. This guy with no prior experience in open wheeled machinery before hopping into the Preston car for their tests was actually going to the WGPC driving for the Motorworks team! To say that this changed his life was an understatement - He now had the luxury of flying around the world and drive race cars for a living, or at the very least this season. He couldn't wait to try to sling this car to podiums or even a race win at the ripe age of 18 years old.

What would complicate his chances was who he was teammates with. He didn't have 1 teammate, a second seat per say, but 3. And only 2 of those drivers, among Mizushima, Dario Nülkeschläger, Charyseine Valkyria and Kinu Luminna, would actually race. 4 racers, a Squidroidian, a Twicetagrien, a Hulkenberger and a Aurunan, and only 2 would race the laps for that weekend's grand prix after qualifying. But that didn't matter for Daryl. In fact it played into his role as the underdog. This driver lineup for Motorworks was one that would get the very best out of any driver. Valkryia and Mizushima can be the Motorworks drivers for the Turori GP, but the next race in Hodori could see Nülkeschläger and Luminna qualify. Hell, a Motorworks driver can qualify 3rd, but if there is a Motorworks front row lockout, they wouldn't make the race. He essentially had to push for a pole.

But before he could race in his white Motorworks car, he had to go through everything a new driver had to do to get his face, his name, and for Daryl his father's brand out into the world. Daryl easily spent more than an hour posing for his photo on the WGPC website - Clean cut, smiling and hiding any of those behavioral problems he had during his time karting. Then of course were the interviews. Daryl talked about racing like he was a veteran - He said a lot of things, but mainly focused on his teammates and crew over at Motorworks. When talking to SBN, he said that the Motorworks team was going to give him a challenge. "I have to fight to get a spot for the main event every week. If that isn't the best way to get the best out of every driver every week, I don't know what is."

After the required interviews and marketing promotions and whatnot, he finally got to see his car. It was nothing special, just the right amount of WGPC wordmarks to be considered a Motorworks car, but with Carvenlo-Franklin Racing's chassis making sure that it had this unique Liventian flair. Deyoze tyres were on all 4 wheels of the machine, and with no chance for a constructors title for the 4 drivers to chip into, this was going to be all about pushing the car to the best of their abilities.

But for now, Daryl had to wait to see his car, his face, his name and his flag in front of the entire world, not just in Squidroidia and in motorsport circles. Tomorrow was qualifying from Eelandii, and unlike the last time he raced against Cocoabo #23, he had to hit the streets in order to prove himself. For the first race of the season, storylines can be etched for every driver, from Lane Carter to defending WGPC champion Terho Talvela. The #63 car was almost ready for showtime in Turori. It was the beginning of Daryl Miushima's story in the World Grand Prix Championship.

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:02 am

Types of Cocoa-bo Flavours to try in Turori!

camera cuts to Chars eating a mint chocolate flavoured cocoa-bo
Chars: suddenly notices the camera Oh hi guys! Welcome to my vlog! Today, I'm eating cocoa-bo, one of the best desserts in the multiverse! It's just so good you can't resist the taste! This is not propaganda.
Taking another bite, Chars continues
Chars: Which is quite coincidental, because today's vlog topic will be...
Drumrolls ensue as a curtain is drawn, and then revealed
Chars: Cocoa-bo flavours! It's like the tastiest thing ever. Let's start.

#1: Mint Chocolate Flavoured Cocoa-bo
Chars: This is the exact flavour I'm eating now! It's so tasty, the refreshing mint really awakens you, and suddenly you're in your world of your own. Despite people's complaints that mint is too spicy, I swear this mint has just the right balance!
Chars grins widely as he takes another bite of the Cocoa-bo
Chars: Complementing the mint is the sweet chocolate. Straight from cocoa beans to the ice cream, eating the chocolate is just like dreaming! Also, the balance of the mint and choco really balances each othr out, so the taste is just right!

#2: Cookies and Cream Flavoured Cocoa-bo
Chars: Seriously, do we have to get started with this? Cookies and cream is simply the best dessert flavour ever! Although it falls short of that title here, it's still quite good.
A picture of it is shown
Chars: The chocolate cookies are really the best and tastiest part of the ice cream. It's so tasty and child-like. OF course, you can't forget the cream-flavoured ice cream! It's a really good taste and you'll automatically forget all your worries!

#3: French Vanilla Flavoured Cocoa-bo
Chars: Sure, people will write off vanilla for being a plain flavour, but really? Vanilla is one of the most tastiest flavours in town!
A slideshow of Vanilla Cocoa-bos is played as Chars speaks
Chars: For one, vanilla has that sugary goodness, without it being overwhelmingly unhealthy! It's a tasty way of cutting down some of your fat in case you're on a diet. Second of all, it's caramel-like taste is just heavenly. Seriously, vanilla is underrated. And especially with Cocoa-bo! The Cocoa-bo really uses the strengths of the vanilla to its fullest extent, so much that you can't even say no to it! Talk about sneak!

Chars: So that's all for my vlog today. Hopefully I'll do well in the race, and I'll see you next time at Hodori!
johnathan

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

The Final Test Is Our First! FUN!

Postby TJUN-ia » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:18 am

Praesidium Bank Pre-Season Test of Esmerel
Forest Cross National Raceway
Test Session 2 (Let the games begin...)

You're watching Day 2 of the final WGPC pre-season here on your local regional network. This is the final chance for most of the grid to collect the necessary data before the first proper race weekend of the season in Turori. We have a field of 23 drivers here at the Forest Cross National Raceway in Esmerel, would've been 24 if Adriana Kowalski's place hadn't been lost in the mail, and all of them will know what is at stake this season. While a pre-season test may seem boring to many at home, the teams need every piece of data they can get in order to prepare for the long road ahead to the season finale in Mattijana.

So we know just about everyone on this grid at this point (excluding the WGPC Motorworks drivers, who will be decided before the first race weekend) and one of the big stories is, of course, the inclusion of a TJUN-ian. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we somehow managed to get a driver into the pinnacle of open-wheel racing. Their name? Lane Carter. Yes, THAT Lane Carter - the Galarian, the one who raced at WGP2 level with UrGa not that long ago. He's now a part of the squad at iBen Toralmintii's Race Eelandii [nation]Vilita & Turori[/nation] World Grand Prix Motorworks, or just "Race Eelandii V&T GP" if you don't want to say that mouthful. Owned by iBen Toralmintii, who actually races for Tropicorp Racing Ælund, Carter will be joined at the Turorian outfit by Vilitan veteran R.L. Cruisin, who will be expected to not only compete near the top of the standings but also to help rookie Carter learn the ropes of this series. This test session will be Carter's first in the car and the expectation is that today will be all about getting used to the machinery on the longest circuit on the calendar. Know this for a fact, we ain't in WGP2 no more...

It still felt like a dream and to be fair, Esmerel might as well have been a dream world with all its nature and a name that brings to mind fairytales of knights and elves and dragons. Lane Carter wasn't dreaming, however. He was in Ventress, at this long circuit known as Forest Cross, preparing to hop into a current-spec WGPC car for only the 2nd time. He was a contracted driver in the pinnacle of open-wheel racing, with a deal that tied him down to Tropicorp and this team for this season. He had never really expected to be in this position when he decided to try and get a spot in this series but here he was, in the garages of a well-known racing team, preparing to go out there and....drive their car. All it took was for his teammate, Vilitan R.L. Cruisin, to prefer a non-Cocoabo teammate and a late-minute deal with the Dart Group to get a Galarian into the WGPC. It was the tropics of Vilita and Turori who agreed to help Jaguar Racing when they needed it and now, they were doing it again for another TJUN-ian. These moves will probably make the links between the International Community and the Tropics inseparable in the eyes of many in the years to come, but there was no time to dwell. He only had 180 minutes to set some laps and gain some experience before the first race of the season.

Forest Cross was the perfect circuit to test all abilities of a driver, with tight corners and long straights aplenty. That was the first challenge in this session for the Galarian. The second was the car itself, certainly more powerful than the old-spec car he raced in at the Cocoabo Forest. It was a different beast, built more to Cruisin's driving style - a practical all-rounder in most regards. Lane had the technique and the reliability to ride this machine, but aggression would be the keep issue he would have to try and improve on in order to get the most out of the car. But still, he used his 180 minutes wisely by reporting every little niggle back to home base. He knew that Cruisin would be doing that as well, so he hoped that all the data collected here would be used wisely over the course of the season.

While you should really take the final results of a pre-season test with a pinch of salt, there is no problem with looking at them and seeing if you can see who could be contenders in this season and who could be the backmarkers towards the rear. The fastest time was set by MRT's Jasmin Kranjska, a 1:48.319, but this session was tight with the Top 16 all within a second of the Mattijanan. Ryker Lane, the Nimiban from Nexus who's last name was the same as Carter's first, was a close second ahead of Dom Falepeau in the other MRT and Carter's teammate in R.L. Cruisin. Lane's fastest time, in his first session in the car, was respectable - 13th with a 1:49.096. Whether or not this session would tell the tale of the season ahead would be impossible to say now but if it did, it would be good news for Lane and MRT and bad for William Archer - who finished dead last in his Preston, 3.2 seconds behind Kranjska.

So, all in all, it was a good day for Lane and he left the circuit feeling pleased with himself and the potential of the car he would drive. But the time for testing was over - now came the big one, with a twist. Race 1 of WGPC18 wouldn't be taking place in just another circuit, oh no. The season will kick off at the Eelandii Grand Prix Circuit in...Turori. Yep, his first-ever race in WGPC was also going to be the home race of the team he now drives for. No pressure then, none at all!
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:22 am

1:00PM - Stelburg, Teusland

With all of his pre-season testing duties complete, Niklas Schonbaum paid a visit back to his hometown of Stelburg before the season began. There were plenty of things for the young man to get up to before heading off to Turori for the first race of the season - the first race of his WGPC career.

Hanging out with old friends from his school days, visiting family members he hadn’t seen in a long time, and taking the time to enjoy some of the sights and sounds of Stelburg. There was, of course, a trip to get one last Stelburger donut for the road, and coffee with some friends in the Teuslandplatz.

The highlight of the week for Niklas, however, was being invited to drop the puck in a ceremonial faceoff at the Stelburg Eispalast for the game between the Stelburg Kaisers and Orlovi Stavropol. He’d sat in the Eispalast for countless games over the years, and ever since becoming the Drivers’ Champion of Siovanija & Teusland had always attracted attention at the games - but he’d never dropped the puck before. He was quite pleased to take in a 5-2 win for the Kaisers on his final night in the city before leaving.

Then, it was back to business. The WGPC testing had been a bit of a mixed bag for him. He’d struggled a bit in Xanneria - with the 13th and 15th best times respectively amongst the two sessions. That 13th place was a little misleading - his best lap time was only seven tenths of a second off of the leader. The second session, however, was disappointing. He was happy to see his TAS Alliance teammate Anneliese Devereaux record the best lap, but it also served as an inspiration to him - he knew his car was better than what he was putting into it, and it inspired him for the second test in Savojarna.

At Karalauhti, Schonbaum recorded the fourth best time in the first session, an excellent showing for him and one he was quite proud of. The second session in Savojarna was a bit less successful, with Schonbaum recording the 11th best time, but the overall experience was one he was eager to take into the third and final test in Esmeral.

The first test was a great one - not just from Schonbaum, but for the TAS Alliance Racing team as a whole. Schonbaum recorded the fourth best time, and Devereaux the sixth - a very strong showing for the team as a whole. The second test in Esmeral had mixed results, with a 14th place for Schonbaum, but the six sessions he was able to complete in the TAS car were very helpful and had him feeling all ready to go for the Grand Prix of Turori.

Schonbaum said auf wiedersehen to family and friends at the Stelburg International Airport, before passing through a quick impromptu press conference with some of the assembled media members there. It’d have to be quick, however - he had a very important flight to catch, after all.

“Niklas, just quickly sum up your thoughts ahead of your first-ever Grand Prix weekend in the WGPC.”

“It’s an honour, I’m really looking forward to it. I think I’m well-prepared, and honestly, I just want to get out there on the track and get started.”

“Niklas, up and down results for you in testing - are you confident that we’ll see more of the ‘up’ here in the regular season?”

“Absolutely. Our team has done great work with the car, and I think you saw that in some of the results both Anneliese and I were able to achieve throughout the testing phase. I think it’s about being consistent now, and I’m confident we can do it.”

“Niklas, it’s well known that you’re a more technical driver. The WGPC season starts with visits to some tracks that perhaps require a bit more aggression, such as at the Grand Prix of Hodori and the Nimban Grand Prix. Aggression is an area you yourself have said in the past you need to work on - is this the ultimate test, right off the bat?”

“Certainly. It’s good to get those races under my belt early, adapt to that style, and just continue working hard each race week.”

“Thanks for your time today, Niklas. Best of luck in Turori.”

And with that, Schonbaum headed down the tunnel towards the private section of the Stelburg airport, where a private jet was waiting to bring him to Turori. On board already were various TMW personnel who would be part of his support staff for the season. By the time a few hours later the plane touched down in Turori, there was a focus in Schonbaum’s mind. It was time to show what he was made of.
The United Republics of Siovanija & Teusland
Capital: Borograd | Population: 74,245,000 | Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus | Country Code: STL

World Cup of Hockey 40, 41 & 42 Champions ⋆ World Junior Hockey Championship 14 Champions

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:23 pm

PRE-SEASON INTERVIEW: Dom Falepeau, a champion in the making?

Esmerel. Clouds in the sky are grey, weather reports talk about rain coming in a few hours. Second pre-season test of WGPC ended 4 hours ago. We're approaching a small corner gym in a relatively quiet neighbourhood. In confusion, we are checking the address multiple times to make sure it indeed matches with the one we have written in our notebook. As we open the gym door, we can see a few people working out. Amongst them is Dom Falepeau, the Togonistani WGPC debutant. He is doing some final post-workout stretches as he notices us and happily invites us to step forward. Despite the tight schedule that comes with being a WGPC driver, Falepeau managed to find half an hour to meet us in Esmerel after one of his routine workout sessions, to conduct a pre-season interview. We settle in at the quiet backroom of the gym, to which the owner, being a big WGPC fan himself, gladly allowed us access to.

Q: First of all, thank you for taking some time to speak with us. Before we start, I just have to ask you this. What brings a WGPC driver like you to a place like this?

A: Well, same thing that would bring pretty much anyone to a place like this. Working out, obviously (laughs). I mean, whenever I travel somewhere, I always try to visit some smaller places like this, if I get a chance that is. I like doing that. Meeting some local people, having a few chats here and there.

Q: So, let's talk about the upcoming season of WGPC. How does it feel like to be a WGPC driver? Did you ever think you could make it this far?

A: It feels great, I mean there is only a handful of seats in WGPC and sitting on one of them is really awesome. I definitely had dreamt about being here one day, but did I actually think it would happen? Nope. I did not (laughs) but I am glad it did.

Q: Now that you have signed a contract with MRT and done some pre-season testing, what are your first impressions about the team?

A: They're great. I'm really happy to be working with MRT again, the atmosphere in the team has been great so far, everyone has been working really hard for the upcoming season. It also brings me back to WGP2 days when I raced under MRT2 banner. Some of the team's staff back then are currently present in MRT as well, so it has been very pleasant to see some familiar faces again.

Q: There were many rumours and speculations about you before the announcement from MRT. One of the major topics that made it to the headlines was about you signing with Fireline instead. Can you tell us now if there was ever any truth to all this?

A: Yeah, there were a lot of rumours circulating about everyone. I don't have any reason to deny though that yes, I was in talks with multiple teams prior to the season. There has been a huge amount of things going on behind the scenes during pre-season, a lot of negotiations with multiple parties. Still, MRT was always my number one pick and I am glad we reached to an agreement. As I already said, I am happy to be working with them.

Q: You are driving alongside Mattijanan driver Jasmin Kranjska as your teammate this season. How are you two getting along so far?

A: As much as we have worked together so far, I would say it has been very positive. I haven't got to know her that well personally yet, but I know that Jasmin is definitely a very talented driver and it is great to have someone with her experience as a teammate. I believe she is going to do some great things this season and is definitely a big asset to the whole team.

Q: Quite a number of your former WGP2 rivals have also secured themselves a seat for the season. Does that make you more nervous and put any additional stress on you?

A: No, I don't think so. I mean, they are all great, talented drivers who 100 percent deserve a spot in WGPC. If anything, I feel it makes me feel more welcomed. Even more familiar faces on the paddock.

Q: Judging by the pre-season test results, both you and MRT seem to be in a comfortable spot. Top of the time sheets on multiple occasions, with you constantly in the top 5. Does it make you confident for the upcoming races?

A: It definitely makes us positive knowing that the team is moving in the right direction. The car feels great on track and I have been very happy about that so far. However, pre-season tests can tell you only so much about where the teams and drivers actually stand. Every team has different aims during these tests. Some teams test their pace while others focus on tyre management, for example. It's not like every team will be going full pace during tests.

Q: Who do you think are going to be championship contenders this season?

A: I think it's way too early to tell right now. We have a lot of experienced drivers on the grid this season, both from WGPC and WGP2. It could be anyone at this point. Also, we must not forget that WGPC is a team sport. It's all going to be down to a mixture of team management, car development and of course driver skills. But really, If I had to give you a list of names of who I think are capable of doing it at this point, it would include the whole grid. Everyone is standing at zero points right now.

How about yourself?

Well it would probably be a huge surprise for everyone but you may never know I guess (laughs). Of course, I am going to do my best to bring as many point for both myself as well as the team. We'll see what comes out of all this.

Q: What do you think of the feedback you've received from the fans, has that affected you in any way?

A: I am very happy for all the support i've received so far. It is always great to see fans posting on social media being all excited about the upcoming races and any other WGP related news. Not to mention their presence during the races, they just add so much to the whole atmosphere. It sure gives me more power to keep pushing forward.

Q: To all the people reading this interview, what would you say why they should pay attention to the upcoming WGPC season?

A: Because it is fun. You can see what are some of the fastest cars in any form of motorsport, racing on various different circuits from different nations. Not to mention a lot of great teams and drivers in here. So, if you have any sort of interest in motorsports whatsoever, you should definitely watch it and i'm sure you will find someone to root for.

Thank you for your time Dom, I wish you best of luck in the season.

Thank you very much.

READ MORE WGPC NEWS:
Race Eelandii! VTGP signs Cruisin and Carter
Drama in Badai Angin? Ibuna reportedly unsatisfied with 2nd driver role
WGPC Motorworks signs 4 drivers
Last edited by Togonistan on Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019

Postby Hapilopper » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:39 pm

Forest Cross Raceway, Vertress, Esmerel
Session two: WGPC Test in Esmerel
Rudy Edwards arrived at the Preston garage at the Forest Cross Raceway and headed straight for the break room, where a couple of coffee pots were full and ready to be used. Rudy shuddered for a minute, knowing that whatever he was about to drink was going to be awful. It was going to be strong as hell, and not anywhere near his preferred coffee. He liked Sharpe’s Medium Roast – went down easy and helped him get through the day. But the crew responsible for preparing the coffee pot liked Wakey-Wakey Dark Roast – and put way too much coffee in the pot and too little water.

Rudy went through his first cup. He’d need several after that miserable night he had endured the night before – being very unable to get some sleep, Rudy arrived at Forest Cross about as lethargic as could be. He figured he’d need about two or three cups of this awful black sludge before he felt comfortable going out in the PGP-01 for testing. He stepped into a bathroom, put on his firesuit, and headed back out to the garage to watch the start of the proceedings.

He watched several cars pass by as they headed out onto the complicated circuit in Esmerel, which Rudy thought was a great deal of fun. He imagined it would be a lot more fun in the dry, however, and thankfully, it was much nicer out on this day than it had been the day before, so Rudy figured once he was ready, he’d go out there and run about as hard as he could.

Once he got done with that third cup, Rudy jumped into his car, put his gloves on, and motioned for his mechanics to help get the car started. Once he got going, everything felt right. “Good day, Rudy, let’s go fast,” the car said to him, and he was ready to go out there and wring this Preston around this magnificent circuit in Esmerel.

And he did – running in the top half of the time sheets, where he felt he belonged all along. The car felt right. Everything he was doing felt right and good, and he sensed that if he could keep up this kind of pace, then he could make Preston Autos proud for the coming season. Less than a half second off on one of the longest tracks on the WGPC calendar was nothing to be ashamed of. At the very least, the team could use the results from this season to build to the next season.

And hopefully, he could get a little better sleep throughout the season so he wouldn’t have to worry about mainlining some of that awful black sludge the Preston mechanics lived on and thrived off of. If he could get the results, he would feel better about himself, and wouldn’t be as nervous before going to bed each night.
The crew also felt good about seeing the new Preston on the top half of the timing sheets too. Maybe they’d have a better season than some were fearing.

Preston Auto GP Shop, Hapilopper City
A few days later
It was a good thing they had been feeling good about the new Preston, because the season was underway. In a few days, the team would be getting their equipment on a Hapilopper Airlines cargo plane to fly to Turori for the first Grand Prix of the season. That equipment involved five semi trucks – two containing cars and spare parts, and three containing other necessary accoutrements for the team throughout the season.

Some of those accoutrements included a team base camp similar to the Team Blue Center that had been set up at tracks across the NSSCRA circuit. That base camp, which would be referred to as Preston GP HQ, would include a lounge area for the team’s two drivers, as well as its crew members and any other VIPs on hand; a kitchen for Preston chefs to prepare the finest in Hapiloppian fare for the crew; and office space for the team to debrief in a more private setting than the pit garages allow.

There were also official vehicles for the Preston team to ride around in, so they could go to various nations where Preston Autos had yet to do business without having to ride around in some unknown commodity of a vehicle, or worse, a car that would be direct competition for a Preston in the NSSCRA, creating a potential PR headache for the Preston Automobile Company and for one of their most loyal customers, Team Blue.

At the shop, Marty was holding an all-hands meeting for the team, the two drivers, Rudy Edwards and William Archer; the two race-day strategists, Michael Petree (Edwards) and Claude Stacks (Archer), mechanics, crew members, and anybody else in the building. The meeting concerned the team’s goals for the coming season, and what they hoped to accomplish.

“Ladies, gentlemen, I think we’ve got ourselves a great race team,” Marty said, before looking at the team’s two drivers. “We’ve got two great race drivers. We’ve got a real good car, if I do say so myself. We’ve got a chance to do something that will surprise everybody over the course of these ten races. With that in mind, I think if we can place ourselves at the top half of the Constructor’s table, I think we’ll be in good shape.”

The rest of the team nodded.

“There’s gonna be some tough teams to face. Eelandii’s gonna be tough to beat. Nexus is gonna be tough to beat. Mattijana’s gonna be hard. But when the going gets tough, you know what to do,” Marty continued. “Gang, this is going to be a fun season. Let’s make the best of it, and let’s do this one race at a time. We’ll start out with Turori. We’ll worry about Hodori later. But let’s kick some ass in Turori first.”

A few days later, a new advertisement appeared in print media across Hapilopper, excitedly heralding the start of the World Grand Prix Championship season.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Sorlovia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorlovia » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Solnichniy, Sorlovia
Pre-Season

Gregori had been preparing for the interview with Channel 12 Sports for the last several hours. It felt good to be back in his hometown after so long spent away. He'd grown up in the tiny seaside town of Solnichniy and it'd had an immense impact on his young life. It was the quaint type of sleepy harbour town that has slowly becoming a thing of the past in Sorlovia. The developers had been sniffing around it for months but the residents had so far kept them out.

Solnichniy was the type of place where you knew your neighbours. The type of place where you could go for a walk in the evenings without having to worry about anything. There was no crime and no real issues other than a few bad fishing seasons and the old ship running aground on the sandbanks. It was a little slice of old world Sorlovia in all respects. The local police were easy-going and friendly as opposed to the more serious big city police. The local supermarket was a small independent business run by a local who you knew on a first name basis. The gas station was owned by the son of his parents' neighbour and had always had fair prices.

Gregori liked the fact that his first interview of WGPC18 would be in Solnichniy.

Channel 12 Sports Interview with Gregori Krupin

INTERVIEWER: Today we have Gregori Krupin, the number one driver for Volkov Racing, joining us in the studio. Thank you for joining us Gregori. Can you tell us a bit about the team you will be racing with this season?

GREGORI: Thank you Alexei, it's a real pleasure to be here. This season I will be racing with Sara Luna. She's a highly skilled racer who has done well in the pre-season tests.

INTERVIEWER: Can you tell us more about her? What are you initial thoughts?

GREGORI: I've never met Sara before but she impressed us all at the Volkov Invitationals in Nemenyets. She's a rookie in the WGPC but she has a lot of raw potential and talent that I believe is going to do her well going into the season. She did very well in the pre-season tests securing a few podium finishes so I am very confident that she will be able to hold her own in the season.

INTERVIEWER: How are you feeling about the new season? Are there any nerves?

GREGORI: If I'm being honest with you Alexei, I'm very excited for this new season and I can't wait for the first official race. I've been following a tight training schedule for weeks and the pre-season tests gave me a chance to try out the new car. The nerves don't really get to me anymore. I'm a racer. This is what I live for.

INTERVIEWER: I hear that you're racing with Volkov this season and not MRT again. What made you take that approach?

GREGORI: I had a great season with MRT in WGPC17. It really was a privilege and a joy to be able to race with them. They are an excellent and highly professional team. But I wanted to try something new this season and it just feels right racing with a Sorlovian team. Volkov Racing is a rookie team but they have the drive and ambition to go far. I wanted to back a new team from home to give back to the community that has given me so much support.

INTERVIEWER: How do you think you and Sara will function as teammates this season?

GREGORI: Sara, as I've said, is a highly talented racer. She's a rookie but she has a lot of raw talent that I believe she will harness to do well in the races. We've had a few meetings and social outings together, as is common in race teams, and I feel there is a real camaraderie between us that will really help us this season. We both know what is at stake and we're both in it to win it.

INTERVIEWER: Thank you for joining us. We wish you the best of luck for the season Gregori.

GREGORI: Thank you Alexei. It was a pleasure to be here.

Gregori spent the rest of his time after the interview exploring Solnichniy. A few things had been changed but the town was still largely the same as when he'd been a kid. His childhood school was still thriving, and he made sure to pay them a visit, but had been renovation and upgraded to meet the needs of the new generation of kids. The old park where he'd spent so many long hours playing with his friends was still there and completely unchanged. It felt good to be back where so many good memories had come from.

But he was pleased to see that one thing had changed. The old Perestroya Death Camp on the very edge of town, the terrible place that had housed the murders of so many Jews and Gypsies under the tyrannical oppression of the Perestroya Regime, had been demolished and developed into a memorial garden complete with a memorial monument. That black stain on the history of the town had been almost scrubbed out.

His grandfather Nikolai had died in that horrible place. The fact that such a thing had ever been allowed to happen in Sorlovia was a terrible memory for the newer generations of Sorlovians who were determined to guard against such atrocities. That was why communism and the expression of it was strictly illegal in Sorlovia. Jew and gypsy hatred was regarded as a serious offence in Sorlovia that made you subject to immense anger. Such a thing would never be allowed to happen ever again.
Last edited by Sorlovia on Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Cocoabo Expo
Sprint Race

After she wove through the drivers ahead, Sara remained among the leaders throughout much of the race. She always had to watch out for Cocoabo #23 and Daryl Mizushima, with both of them giving a consistent performance. It was not uncommon to see her and the cocoabo swap places. This was no ordinary race though. Each time they crossed the starting line, anything could happen in the remainder of the lap. The chance to partake in the WGPC was at stake.

As the event wound down, Daryl Mizushima took his car to the gravel and was forced to retire. This left the win to be a contest between her and Cocoabo #23. Earlier, the Valentian Adriana Kowalski was getting ready to storm into the front but was eliminated from the race at lap 13. This was not before she took the fastest lap, however.

Now that Sara was behind Cocoabo #23, she began to try closing on him. The two cars became involved in an elaborate dance around each other for a few moments before the track returned to the open road after turn 14. The duel concluded with the cocoabo clearly ahead.

The closing stages of the race were fairly predictable. The gap between Cocoabo #23 and Sara widened to five seconds by the time the former crossed the checkered flag. They would later exchange glances as they traded congratulations.

That evening, Sara thought long and hard on what she could make of the Race Eelandii! VTGP car. It certainly had the oomph, even if it seemed to do so at the cost of the way it behaved around corners. It was a little different from the Volkov she drove earlier. Over the few days in the expo, she concluded that it was a fine piece of engineering. It was just that the Volkov Mark I came out on top. Overall, it was more well-rounded and the way it drove was more suited for her style. Her decision was still not final, though. Volkov might sign someone else or she might find the MRT car an even better fit for her once she attended their trials.

She spoke to her family about what she had seen and her next plans. It seemed like her future in getting that seat in the WGPC was bright. She had her goals in mind should she commit to a team. Her older brother, an amateur hobbyist in cars and all matters technology, congratulated her when he saw the Expo and Sara featured in the news.

"I'm sure you'll do great things this season", said Darren Luna. "I'm glad you chose to focus on racing instead of something else. It's a great opportunity for you. Congratulations."

"It's something I'll strive to do as much as I can. This is my first year in the WGPC. My trials have been encouraging to date. Things will work out for the best. I can't ask for more. Thanks, Darren, for the call. I appreciate it."

The Process

Praesidium Bank Pre-Season Test of Esmerel
Test Session Two

"Uhh, I don't know what to do with you. You look so good out here, but you also have this icy aura about you."

Sara's eyes widened in realization. It was like, she was forgetting something. What was the reason she was approaching her car in the first place? She was a racer. A tough one, actually. Some might even call her one of the cold, calculating types.

"Oh! Of course, my steering wheel," she said, still panicky. "Silly me, I don't know how to get this thing going without it. I will be back"

One of the Volkov engineers passed by her to say hi. "Hi Sara. Are you all right? You're all over the place."

Sara waved in response. "Forgot my steering wheel. I'll pick it up and get the car started."

The engineer looked at her inquiringly, "Are you sure you're fine? I didn't see you eat breakfast yet."

"I... now that you've mentioned it," she nodded in contemplation. "I do need to get a bite."

"Better hurry up, they're nearly gone!"

The steering wheel could wait. Sara didn't realize that she made her way to the pits right after she woke up and got dressed. Very unusual. She typically eats breakfast at this time of the day and take a quick workout later on. If her day is not too busy, she would stay in her room for quite some time and engage in her pastimes while listening to metal music.

"Um," she muttered after arriving at the cafeteria, and looked around. "I think I see some eggs benedict over there."

She walked to a nearby vacant table, where the smell of eggs was clearly present. This was a particular favorite of hers, and of course she would make some back at home. Some of the others who were still eating looked like they agreed with her: many of them still had some kind of egg-based dish on ther plates.

A ringtone rang out from her bag, and Sara opened it to pick it up her phone.

"Aldauren?"

"Hey, Sara, here's your biggest rival on the other side of the line."

"Sorry that you didn't make it."

"Don't beat yourself up on it. Weather's fantastic here in Diarcesia. And National-Konno Power was practically pleading me to get back in the WGP3...

"And...?"

"And, Sara, I figured I wanted a change of pace for once. I accepted PB's offer to be their team's principal. This is something very new to me, but I'm sure I can learn the ropes."

"That's good to hear. Who knows, maybe you'll be the one deciding if you want to sign me or not."

"Don't get ahead of ourselves here, please. We're just getting started. See you around."

"Bye!"

And so the day continued. Sara eventually got around to perform some data-gathering of her vehicle's characteristics. At the engineer's request, she let the engine out in a loud howl, cruised, or went full speed against the wind. Vying for the fastest lap didn't matter; the team was getting close to the first official race weekend.

Once the fastest lap tallies were completed, she looked with great interest in how Dom Falepeau was doing. She didn't see him get worse than top five since he got signed.

She made a call to him. "Wow, Dom. You're a really fast driver. I'm not even sure if I've seen the best of you yet. What future would the next races hold?"

Sorlovia

One could see why Sara was excited about racing with Gregori; helping him attempt to win a constructors' championship for Volkov. The two also happened to share the same measure of passion and some sort of connection to MRT. Both drivers were in it for the same thing, just with different means. In Sara's opinion, Gregori was more into getting things up close and personal, while she was more into planning and organization.

Two emails tonight were some of the new items Sara saw in her laptop. The first was from Gregori, to which Sara instantly replied after finishing its contents.

To: Gregori Krupin <gkrupin@expressmail.com>

Gregori,

You have my sincere gratitude for your advice. We're getting closer and closer to race day. I won’t hold back. Be courageous. And most importantly, don’t quit.

Sincerely,
Sara

The second was from Zac, in which he proudly told her he would represent his school in a major science contest.

I am so proud of you, son! You have truly earned this amazing opportunity.

Nico Hulkenberg
Attaché

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Nico Hulkenberg » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:04 pm

There And Back Again

Having just returned from a trip to Turori, Dario thought he wouldn’t have to go back there for a while. His experience at the airport had heavily soured his opinion of the country, and his awful performance in the Cocoabo Park Trials had completely discouraged him from going back altogether. And yet here he was, back onboard a FlyHülkenberg flight to Almintora. Of course, it’s not like he couldn’t return to Turori - the next Grand Prix was happening in Eelandii, after all, and Dario was desperate to make his mark and get onto the starting grid. However, now was not the time for him to focus on racing. If anything, this would be his last chance to truly relax before the Grand Prix... if FlyHülkenberg was actually a decent airline.

You see, while FlyHülkenberg is the most popular airline in the country, it isn’t the best by any means. All of their aircraft have in-flight entertainment systems, but good luck finding a film in your language. All of their flights provide an in-flight meal service, but there’s a non-zero chance that they’ll forget to hand them out during the flight. Heck, all of their flights have flight attendants on board, but they’re only good for doing the safety demonstrations and pushing the food trolley up and down the aisle a couple of times. If you wanted proper service, then you should have flown with another airline. None of this really bothered Dario too much, though. He just wanted to get there without too much hassle.

In the end, he did get to Almintora without too much hassle. He was also able to get through the airport quite quickly, which was a nice change from the last time he was there. In addition, one of his own fans recognised him while he was trying to find the exit, and Dario signed his first autograph as a WGPC driver. All of this had put Dario in a surprisingly joyous mood, and he decided to phone up his dad and tell him that he had made it to his destination safely.

*brring brring*

*brring brring*

*brring brring*

“Heyyyyyyy, Dario! I take it you’ve got to Turori, then?”

“Yep, I have! The flight was actually quite smooth, for once.”

“A smooth flight? With FlyHülkenberg? C’mon now, you’re pulling my leg.”

“No, I’m being completely serious here. They even remembered to hand out the in-flight meal!”

“Really? It must be your lucky day, then.”

“Who knows, maybe it’ll be my lucky week if I play my cards right, haha!”

“I hope it is, son. You might need a bit of luck, considering how this is your first time in a proper WGPC car.”

“I’ll be fine, trust me. Luck won’t be needed by the time practice is over, and everything will be as right as rain in time for qualifying.”

“It better be. After all, the media here are watching your every move. They’ll be wanting good performances from you.”

“Well, if the media wants good performances from me, I’ll try my best to give them some, eh?”

“That’s the spirit! Anyhow, I’m off to give an interview to the press. Make sure to keep me updated with how things are going, Dario!”

“Will do, bye bye!”

“Bye!”

*click*

With that phone call over and done with, Dario’s worst fears had been confirmed. The Hülkenberger press had their eyes fixated on him, and any mistake he’d make or accomplishment he’d achieve would make it straight to front page news back at home. He’d better not fuck up in any way, shape, or form - otherwise his reputation would be at the mercy of a bunch of journalists, ready to pounce at any opportunity of a good article. No pressure.
Last edited by Nico Hulkenberg on Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports