NATION

PASSWORD

15th World Junior Hockey Championship - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

-Anthor-
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Anthor- » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:26 pm

The Weekly Wardens
A Broadcasting Commentary Brought To You By: ABSN's own Gareth Yannic

HENRIETTA, ROCHESTER - A hearty early autumn welcome to all of my fellow Anthorans and ice hockey enthusiasts, native and foreign alike, it's your formerly scratching voice that welcomed you at the Alkteke College ice fields now promoted to covering the ABSN coverage of the first international Anthoran assembling of a professional, youth team. Hugo McClelland and his Wardens are going to have a tall task as they prepare this afternoon for the evening nights that will await them at the Ritter Colosseum, squeezing in a small seventeen and a half thousand fans in the outer Rochester suburb of Henrietta, where they will open up their group stage performance in the World Junior Championship against fellow youth-international debutants, New Waldensia.

Here as we introduce you into the heart of Fluuvanian business, finance and urban delights in their one true metropoli Rochester, we will have a few things to cover as we anticipate the first puck-drop which is set for later this evening. Primarily, what kind of ice hockey will McClelland's nascent team play? Many of you are used to the high-octane offensive power of the professional WCOH Ducks grounded often with a powerful defensive line, but I'm not so sure that McClelland will even attempt to emulate that here. For own, the skill set (to state the obvious) is completely different for his players; I'd say the Warden's best player ability wise currently would easily go to Micah Mallinson, the 21 year old forward from Kerveguen who will make his lone Junior Championship appearance this year as he will age-out at the end of this tournament. He's coming off of an incredible performance in the last season where he was a critical part of Kerveguen's campaign that eventually saw them become titan-slayers and hoist the Federation's Lyonwrit Cup over Yarmouth just some mere twenty weeks ago. Now as the offseason has ended for him, even though he only features on McClelland's third line I feel like that has more to do with the coach's tension with Federation and Ministry of Sport officials over the inclusion of professionals and nothing to do with his ability. I easily predict Mallinson moving up into the first or second line, especially if some of the current selections just don't pan out. Cautiously I will say that I like the first line collection of Algar Kasen and Bhaltair Cameron on the wings, centered Kaj Ellar Matters who himself is one of the four Federation professionals, though so far his most experience has been on the third or fourth line with the Avon Knights; my concern here is Matters is still heavily under development here despite being a professional, though he's only 17 so unlike Mallinson he will have plenty of time to gain some international youth appearances but he has yet to really solidify his play as a center, and while I like Kasen's brash, aggressive way to play, based on the limited film I've seen on Cameron I'm concerned on his playmaking ability against strong defenses, seemingly he's very much used to offensive shootouts with little to no defensive effort to try and stop it.

Some interesting names to keep your eyes on for sure and how they perform will be Hugh Vrari, Brendon Caulfield, and Lucien Douglas - all three are eligible for the Federation's professional 605 AL draft, and the lattermost especially has been getting more and more attention in the media and press circuits as the time for the draft draws closer; key performances here in the Junior World Championship may help propel or solidify draft standing and in Douglas' case, may make or break his chances at being taken at the first overall pick by Norton, who would certainly welcome a consistent offensive power to try and give the injury-plagued Timothy McLeish some company and fellowship.

Tactics wise, I expect the first match to be what I call a probing pond - I expect both McClelland and his opponent to test the other, and their own players so they might find the real measure of what they are capable of or get started on the path towards it; up until now you've had some weeks of practice and training camps, but there's nothing like the crucible of an actual game to test how your team, and your strategy will hold up. If Cameron can try and match Kasen's brashness, the Wardens could have a potentially potent first line that could seek to try and soften up the Waldensian's defenders and tire them out, giving Beck, Robertson and Douglas a chance to score on some errors or mishaps, or continue the press with them and look to Clayton, Kynaston and Mallinson for your goal production.
Kingdom of Anthor
Capital: Vaumort
Monarch: King Michael III of House Lenova
Prime Minister: Rachael Monday
Info: Anthoran News Network, Anthoran Sports Broadcasting Network
NSS International Ratings:
WCOH 35 Champions | WJHC 15 Champions

New Waldensia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby New Waldensia » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:25 pm

New Waldensia Junior Hockey Team
Nation Name: New Waldensia
Trigramme: NWD

ROSTER
Coaches
Head Coach: Chaz Bustos (assistant coach of the University of New Waldensia Men's Hockey team, 46)
Assistant Coach: Remington Wirth (assistant coach of the University of Toulode Men's Hockey team, 31)
Goalie Coach: Lloyd Meier (assistant goalies coach for the national men's hockey team, 58)

Goalies
#16 Herman Dunn (A) -- starter (19) [UT]
#23 Roderick Lundgren (17) [UNW]
#19 Will Bateson (18) [AC]

Defenders
#78 Haakon Olsen (A) -- 1st line (19, played on WCoH team) [UNW]
#82 Marcas Wieck -- 1st line (18) [AC]
#88 Scotty Gorman -- 2nd line (18) [HU]
#70 Robert Meyer -- 2nd line (19) [UT]
#64 Knut Jonsson -- 3rd line (17) [UNW]
#74 Alphonso Causer -- 3rd line (19) [AC]
#85 Carlos Bradford -- 4th line (18) [UNW]
#71 Rudy Alfredsson -- 4th line (16) [VHS]

Forwards
#6 Bard Perot (C) -- 1st line (19) [UNW]
#37 Jacob Curtis -- 1st line (19) [PC]
#32 Chip Salinas -- 1st line (18) [UT]
#4 Sid Steffen -- 2nd line (18) [AC]
#41 Kai Berg -- 2nd line (19) [HU]
#31 Cornelius Ogden -- 2nd line (19) [UNW]
#46 Woody Gibb -- 3rd line (17) [UT]
#35 Ste Dodge -- 3rd line (18) [UNW]
#42 Dag Wilton -- 3rd line (18) [UT]
#9 Colin Martin -- 4th line (18) [UNW]
#47 Isaac Dawson -- 4th line (17) [OC]
#33 Kaeden Wähner -- 4th line (16) [GC]

Reserves
#9 Jeffrey Bolton (19) [UT]
#22 Dane Kappel (18) [UV]
#48 Alexis Kundert (18) [UNW]
#89 Alex Gabler (17) [HU]

Legend:
[UNW] = University of New Waldensia
[UT] = University of Toulode
[HU] = Hussia University
[AC] = Arnaud College
[UV] = University of Venalda
[PC] = Petroda College
[GC] = Grenville College
[OC] = Obersten College
[VHS] = Valdenton High School

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my Scorers: Yes
Choose Scoring Events: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
RP Injuries to my Players: Yes
Godmod Injuries to my Players: Yes
Godmod Other Events: Yes
Style Modifier: +1.5
Last edited by New Waldensia on Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
IC WA Diplomat Josiah Garrett
Author of GA #414 (Freedom to Seek Medical Care) and GA #456 (Freedom to Seek Medical Care II)

Army of Freedom medals received:
N-Day² Medals -- N-Day³ Medals -- N-Day⁴ Medals
Z-Day6 Medals

Fluvannia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fluvannia » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:25 pm

MATCHDAY 1 RESULTS

Group A
Cassadaigua 4 – 2 United Osean States
Siovanija and Teusland 4 – 4 Sylestone
Banija 1 – 0 Lorenthia
Fluvannia 0 – 1 Kelssek

Group A
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Cassadaigua 1 1 0 0 4 2 +2 2
2 Banija 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 2
Kelssek 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 2
4 Siovanija and Teusland 1 0 1 0 4 4 0 1
Sylestone 1 0 1 0 4 4 0 1
6 Fluvannia 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
Lorenthia 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
8 United Osean States 1 0 0 1 2 4 −2 0

Group B
Neu Engollon 2 – 0 NPC West Florida
Abanhfleft 0 – 4 Sannyamathland
Flekkefjord 1 – 3 Kriegiersien
Anthor 5 – 5 New Waldensia

Group B
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Sannyamathland 1 1 0 0 4 0 +4 2
2 Kriegiersien 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2 2
3 Neu Engollon 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 2
4 Anthor 1 0 1 0 5 5 0 1
New Waldensia 1 0 1 0 5 5 0 1
6 Flekkefjord 1 0 0 1 1 3 −2 0
7 NPC West Florida 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0
8 Abanhfleft 1 0 0 1 0 4 −4 0

Group C
Savojarna 1 – 3 Tikariot
Terre Septentrionale 2 – 4 Susuvi
Sarzonia 2 – 2 Elejamie
Graintfjall 5 – 1 Kohnhead

Group C
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Graintfjall 1 1 0 0 5 1 +4 2
2 Susuvi 1 1 0 0 4 2 +2 2
3 Tikariot 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2 2
4 Elejamie 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
Sarzonia 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1
6 Terre Septentrionale 1 0 0 1 2 4 −2 0
7 Savojarna 1 0 0 1 1 3 −2 0
8 Kohnhead 1 0 0 1 1 5 −4 0

Group D
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0 – 1 Ethane
Huelavia 1 – 2 Republic of Dixie
Nova Anglicana 2 – 3 Lisander
Ontorisa 2 – 0 The Jovannic

Group D
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Ontorisa 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 2
2 Lisander 1 1 0 0 3 2 +1 2
3 Republic of Dixie 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 2
4 Ethane 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 2
5 Nova Anglicana 1 0 0 1 2 3 −1 0
6 Huelavia 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
7 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
8 The Jovannic 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0
Pop. 213,840,408 | GDP $11.156 T | Area 572,302.6 sq. mi. (1,482,257 sq. km) | Demonym Fluvannian
Gov't Structure Federal Constitutional Principality | Monarch Crown Prince Michael
Sports Trigram FLV
A 14 civilization, according to this index. (Tech 6, Arcane 0, Influence 6)
"Greenness" Score: 0.0796
Int'l Hockey Ranks: 20th (Sr.), 3rd (Jr.)
Silver Medal, World Jr. Hockey Championship 15
Host, WJHC 15
NS World Cup Rank: 139th

Npc West Florida
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Npc West Florida » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:57 pm

National News Network|Lakahana Forona Sywila

Reporter Speaking:
Today we will be interviewing the youngest member of the Red Sticks, Carl McClain.
“Carl how do you feel right now?”
Carl McClain:
“I feel really good, a little worn out from the game today, but other than that I’m fine..”
Reporter:
“Well that is very nice to hear, I have a few more questions for you but I don’t want to hold you..”
Carl McClain:
Laughs
“Ask away I have a while until the next game.”
Reporter:
“Well then, how do you feel about the fact that the Red Sticks lost the game?”
Carl McClain:
“I feel sad and a little angry at myself for not pushing myself harder and making my teammates work harder.”
Reporter:
“I wouldn’t suggest doing that but do you think the team will start doing better and if yes why?”
Carl McClain:
“I have a feeling we will get better, we had trained hard for this event back in West Florida, and we didn’t come all this way to lose.”
Reporter:
“That is very good to hear such confidence from you, now how do you like Fluvannia so far?”
Carl McClain:
“I like it a lot, the people are friendly to us and the country is beautiful.”
Reporter:
“That is very nice I also feel that this is a beautiful country, and sadly we have to end the interview now, goodbye Carl”
Carl McClain:
“Goodbye”
Welcome to West Florida! Read This guide for Its General information and This one for my military information. If you are interested in more information, please wait while it is passing the security clearance

Fluvannia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fluvannia » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:09 pm

DIVISION STREET JOURNAL

Tuesday, October 13, 2020
1 Mark

WJHC STARTS WITH CLOSE LOSS FOR CUBS

APPLETON, Du. Winnebago -- For the hosts, the 15th World Junior Hockey Championship kicked off Monday night at Appleton's Plexus Garden, where the Fluvannia junior team played host to Kelssek. Fans in attendance got to see a bit of a rare sight -- Fluvannia in their home alternate white jerseys, in order to avoid a color conflict with Kelssek. (If, dear reader, you happen to be a visiting foreigner in town for this tournament, know that in Fluvannia teams traditionally both wear what other countries may call their "color" or "dark" jerseys as a primary. In the case of a conflict the home team will wear white.) Indeed, a few double-takes were had before the game at the two flags at the Garden's north end -- with the twenty-four flags of other groups' teams along the long ends of the arena, and the six teams not playing at the south end, the traditional flag spot at the north end is used for those of the two teams actively playing. In this case, however, those flags are quite similar, with Kelssek's essentially being our own with a thinner cross and a red canton bearing a white maple leaf.

The game started off with the teams seeming even on more than just color palettes. Though both play a similar brand of hockey -- Fluvannia's being a bit more offensive-minded -- they were somehow unable to translate this in to knowledge of how to best the other. Fluvannia goaltender Cody Pearson and his counterpart, Eunan Miyamoto, were crisp in their movements and excellent at positioning themselves to take angles away from shooters. Each team was also notably clean on the night; all game, only two penalties were assessed to Fluvannia, and only one to Kelssek.

Unfortunately, the second Fluvannian penalty proved to be costly. A little over nine minutes into the third period, Preston Sihvola was called for tripping Oskari Bergeron behind the Kelssek net, after Bergeron picked his pocket and moved to clear the zone. With the man advantage and the puck now down in the Fluvannian zone, the Kelssek power play came to life, and while multiple blocked shots in front by Claus Floretz prevented Pearson from needing to make a save, eventually his luck ran out. A ripper from the high slot by Anton McLeod glanced off the hip of Kelssek right wing Jeanne Hakemi in close, and this deflection meant that poor Pearson was out of luck. It might be fitting that the only goal scored on the evening was one of those where the bounces go your way, because afterwards these two teams went right back to where they were before, with each unable to solve the other. A final 1:15 with an empty net was ineffective for the Cubs, and the game ended with the score still 1-0. Heads held high after the game, the team generally echoed sentiments best expressed by team captain Barry Flowers: "It's not fun to start with a loss, but if we had to start with any loss, I'm glad it was 1-0." That the team remains hopeful is a good sign.

For their next game, they get to hop on a bus and drive down from Appleton to Oshkosh, where they play Lorenthia at FluvannAir Center tonight. The two are currently tied for sixth after one game, having each lost 1-0, so this represents a good chance to right the ship and earn two very good points.

Fluvannia's schedule for group play is as follows:

Mon, Oct 12: vs. Kelssek                  L 0 - 1
Tue, Oct 13: @ Lorenthia
Wed, Oct 14: vs. Sylestone
Thu, Oct 15: @ Cassadaigua
Sat, Oct 17: vs. Siovanija & Teusland
Sun, Oct 18: @ Banija
Mon, Oct 19: vs. United Osean States

Listings in normal type will be played at FluvannAir Center in Oshkosh. Listings in italics will be played at Plexus Garden in Appleton.
Pop. 213,840,408 | GDP $11.156 T | Area 572,302.6 sq. mi. (1,482,257 sq. km) | Demonym Fluvannian
Gov't Structure Federal Constitutional Principality | Monarch Crown Prince Michael
Sports Trigram FLV
Host, WJHC 15

Terre Septentrionale
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Septentrionale » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:15 pm

Terre Septentrionale lost WJHC opener

Charlottesville, Fluvannia - Terre Septentrionale's WJHC opener was really disappointing, they lost 4-2 against Susuvi, a nation which their players have weird names. Susuvi took a 2-0 lead in the 1st period. Then in the 2nd period, Świętosław Pomerleau-Kozikowski and Alex-Olivier Châteauneuf were on a 2 on 1. Pomerleau-Kozikowski skated with the puck and passed to Châteauneuf who gave the puck back to Pomerleau-Kozikowski. Pomerleau-Kozikowski put the puck in the net through the five hole and Susuvi's lead was reduced to 2-1.

Urszula Krawcewicz was penalised for high sticking midway in the 2nd period and Quququ Paqiqu scored on the power play when he deflected Tir Luusa's shot into the net. With less than one minute remaining in the period, Žiga Kovačevič stole Naa Ngutchiqu's pass on the forecheck and passed to Karolanne Laverdière-Deslongchamps who was wide open. Laverdière-Deslongchamps shoots and she scores. Susuvi's lead is reduced again and the score is 3-2 after 40 minutes.

Ngsa Sagili scored an empty netter in the final minute of the 3rd period and Susuvi won 4-2. Well, I'm not in the mood to put a boxscore in my report, I just wanna eat chocolate to comfort me because when I'm sad I eat chocolate in my pyjamas.

Standings in group C are messed up with Terre Septentrionale's loss to Susuvi, Sarzonia and Elejamie's draw and Savojarna's loss to Tikariot. Anyone can win this group now. On matchday 2, the Nordiques will play against Savojarna in Harrisonburg. I think we can beat them. So now I'm heading to my hotel room to eat chocolate in my pyjamas with mommy.

Émilie-Rose Bourbeau,
La tribune Septentrionale
Nation name: République de Terre Septentrionale | Trigramme: RTS | Capital: Ville Jacques-Cartier | Maps
Ranks: Hockey: 20th | American Football: 7th | Baseball: 17th | Association Football: 23rd | Rugby Union: 21st
Champions:
Runner Up: Cup of Harmony 76, International Baseball Slam XI
3rd Place: World Volleyball Expo X, International Baseball Slam XII, World Lacrosse Championship XXXV
4th Place: Arena Bowl VI
World Cup participations: WC 85 (3rd place in group), WC 86 (3rd place in group)

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:30 pm

Royal Kingdom of Quebec Under-20 National Hockey Team

Basic Facts and Whatnot

Nation Name:Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Short Names:Quebec
Demonyms: Quebecois, Quebecers
Governing Body: Hockey Quebec
Colours: Blue, White and Red
Anthem: 'Ode to Thee, My Homeland'
Highest Domestic League: Quebec Hockey League
Nicknames: The Ice Knights
Style Modifier: +5

Head Coach: Logan Matheson-Yoon, 44 (Prince Eric Giants, WHA)
Assistant Coaches: Tara Mitchell-Kapahchese, 56 (Labrador State University, QIS-NEC)
Diane Joffre-Sabourin, 28 (Inverness Eagles, EMJHL)

Roster

Player information will be listed in the following manner: position, number, name, biological sex, age, junior club or university.

Goaltenders

#1 - Jean-Gabriel Rhodes - 19 - M - 6'1", 210 lb - Universite St. Croix Bleu et Blanc (QIS-RSECQ)
#29 - Yang Hye-Weon - 17 - F - Shawinigan Asphodelites (CHL)
#31 - Noam-Georges Hatcher - 18 - M - Baja Calania Clippers (WHA) - STARTER

Forwards and Defencemen

Line 1:

LW - #11 - Selim Jafarov - 19 - M - 6'5", 231 lb - University of Kingston (QIS-OUA) - ALTERNATE CAPTAIN
C - #91 - Garrett Tisdale - 19 - M - 5'11", 187 lb - Niagara Raiders (CHL)
RW - #18 - Lana Baek - 19 - F - 6'2", 194 lb - Esperance Grenadiers (EMJHL)

LD - #4 - Henri-Michael Yi - 19 - M - 6'1", 203 lb - Cornwall Cavaliers (CHL) - CAPTAIN
RD - #3 - Sara-Leanne Dion - 18 - F - 6'1", 196 lb - University of Halifax (QIS-AUS)

Line 2:

LW - #14 - Hector Carlton-Cote - 18 - M - 6'1", 211 lb - Universite d'Etoile-Nord (QIS-NEC)
C - #28 - Gabrielle Toivine - 19 - F - 6'2", 194 lb - Fort Lowe Mountaineers (WHA)
RW - #79 - Robert Joh-Pinilla - 18 - M - 6'6", 230 lb - Kenora Thunderhawks (WHA)

LD - #5 - Hector Mistekijik - 19 - M - 6'4", 228 lb - Attawapiskat Vikings (CHL)
LD/RD - #6 - Jeong Joo-Weon - M - 19 - 6'2", 228 lb - University of Kingston (QIS-OUA)

Line 3:

LW - #17 - Ahn Ye-Jeong - 19 - F - 6'2", 198 lb - Levis Flyers (CHL)
C - #10 - Kim Gook-Seong - 18 - M - 5'10", 186 lb - Farrer University (QIS-B1G)
RW - #9 - Geraldine Otter-Gormley - F - 17 - 5'11", 183 lb - Anticosti Devils (MHL)

LD - #2 - Xavier-Marc Levin-Wright - 18 - 6'2", 217 lb - Quebec City Harfangs (CHL)
RD - #8 - Maria Amarilla - F - 19 - 6'1", 206 lb - Nunavut State University (QIS-QW)

Line 4:

LW - #14 - Carlo Colaiacovo - 18 - M - 5'10", 186 lb - Northwestern University (QIS-B1G)
C - #19 - Abigail Yim-Berninger - 19 - 6'4", 219 lb - Baie-Verte Nordiques (CHL) - ALTERNATE CAPTAIN
RW - #88 - Patrick-Felix Asperup - 17 - 5'11", 191 lb - Inverness Eagles (EMJHL)

Special Team Units

PP1: Rhodes - Tisdale - Baek | Yi - Amarilla
PP2: Jafarov - Kim - Joh-Pinilla | Mistekijik - Dion

PK1: Jafarov - Toivine | Mistekijik - Dion
PK2: Rhodes - Kim | Yi - Jeong

RP Permissions:
Choose my Scorers and Scoring Events: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
RP Injuries to my Players: No
Godmod Injuries to my Players: Yes
Godmod Other Events: Yes, but please TG or contact me on discord.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Tikariot
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tikariot » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:51 pm

-- Pentti Karkkanen reporting from Charlottesville --

Tikariot's first ever international game in junior hockey, or rather all of hockey, has had a very unexpected result: They won!

The first match day pitted them against their Rushmori regionmates Savojarna and the Warrior Owlets pulled off a surprise 3-1 win. In a very hard-fought match that saw some of the normally so cool Nordic spirits flare up in several brawls and two cleared benches, but thankfully no suspensions beyond this game. Things started out well for Tikariot when a quick breakaway when Sakari Mäntylä blocked a shot and allowed Brathwaite to play a quick pass to Anders Strandberg, who deked the Savojar defender before laying the puck back to Sebastian Svedberg who rifled home a shot into the top right corner late in the first period.

Savojarna controlled most of the second period, but Tikariot scored first on a power play when Simontaival put the puck back to the blue line and Mikko Louhivaara doubled the lead with a slapshot through friend and foe. The joy did not last long, though, because almost right after Mark Spruce received a two minute penalty for roughing and Savojarna managed to pull one back.

The third period, though, was where everything came to a boil. After a hard hit on Sebastian Svedberg both benches cleared in a very hard-fought brawl and the referee being very lenient with the penalties, something that would not be the case two minutes before the end when Olavi Simontaival scored the 3-1 and big arguments erupted over perceived goalie interference, which led to hotheads prevailing once more and resulting in benches cleared for a second time, which led to four players each being ejected, even though the referee did not mark them down as match penalties, meaning that all players will be available in their respective second matches.

Coach Andreas Samuelsson said after the game that he is delighted with his team's performance, even though he will have some serious words with the lads because of their loss of discipline in the two brawls. He is, however, positive that the team will be able to fully focus on Kohnhead and not on the happenings tonight.

In their second match the Warrior Owlets will face off against Kohnhead, who had lost their first match against Græntfjall 1-5 and are currently sitting last in the table.
Tikariot - Rushmore - Trigramme: TKT
Sporting achievements:
Football: Ro16 (and group winner) WC87 | Winner - IFC 1 | Quarter final - BoF 73 | 3rd in group WCQ86
Baseball: Winner - International Baseball Slam XI | Round of 16 - World Baseball Classic 49/50/51
Hosting: IBS XII, Copa Rushmori 36, WBC 51, World Cup 89
NS Sports Miniflags

-Anthor-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -Anthor- » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:27 pm

The Weekly Wardens
SLAP A PUCK, SLAP A SKATE, WHO NEEDS A WIN? WARDENS DRAW AGAINST NEW WALDENSIA

ROCHESTER - Good evening and a pleasant time to all of my fellow iceheads, it's Gareth Yannic again continuing to bring you coverage on the World Junior Hockey Championship, last game night we watched as the Wardens helped open up the tournament by squaring off against fellow debutant New Waldensia, and after three action-packed periods of play neither team walked away quite satisficed as they split the points and drew, 5 goals a piece, and there is quite alot to unpack.

As the media correctly pointed out as they covered the match as it unfolded, we saw tons of hard-hitting defense, penalties, and offense; I think I would have even be eager to describe it as an offensive-dominated match if it wasn't for the 17 total called penalties between the two teams, each side eager to prove they all had collections of enforcers-to-be in training that were ready to go, or the next star offensive forward or star that could scream a slapshot by any defender or goalie. Game decisions started interesting and never tapered off as McClelland announced mere hours before the first puck drop that Jacob Brigham would get the start in front of the net instead of expected starter Kenneth Ewart.

Key observations of the match is that McClelland has got to manage his shifts better, and teach the players to transition much quicker. All too often last night we watched as Tholvil was left awkwardly on the ice trying to back-skate and cover his pegged Waldensian forward but also make it over to the sideboards and let Brenton on. You could also immediately tell that the line depth chart is more then likely going to be in heavy flux between each match and be much less of a rigid structure then it is in professional settings, as it became apparent which line McClelland favored or thought was performing better and thus rewarded with more time on the ice. Hugh Vrari must have grown up a wrestling fan, I've never seen so many hard checks and often for no reason other than why not; he landed 12 total hits, and also was the leading Warden with the most PIM, at 18 total minutes, his worst was a oft-repeated slashing call. Pàdraig Robertson looked more and more stale as the game went on and by the end of the 2nd period I was really hoping McClelland would use Clayton or Douglas more, because both looked positively electric comparatively; and while I shouldn't knock Douglas's 1 goal and 10 point effort, it wasn't that spectacular. Duane Crofton and Bhaltair Cameron both had a hard time getting going and getting things to click, Crofton even had a hard time keeping up on the skates and that theme was common for alot of the players towards the end of the match, as the first and third lines in particular looking heavily winded and I think endurance drills will become an endemic part of the Wardens culture as we move deeper and deeper into the tournament.

Douglas had a single goal, Mallinson had a brace, and the remaining two were picked up by Matters and Kasen each; moving onto upsides, I liked Matters play alot, and although I was critical of putting Mallinson all the way down to the third line, if McClelland continues this same style of odd shift-line management, I think it may actually work out well for the Wardens as perhaps a traditionally weaker line is now bolstered by his presence and may give the Wardens a chance to mis-match ability when facing say third line defenders on the opposing team, or just outright dogged ones. Horace Clayton stepped up and provided a very good effort that perhaps many were not expecting, looked particularly talented on out-skating the defenders which allowed him to get credited for three of the set-ups on the Warden's goals. Moving into the next match which will see them shift over to the Rochester proper stadium and look down Sannyamathland; hopefully the youngsters like Douglas, Clayton, Roberston, and Kasen will soldify their play and either improve and produce or continue their levels of production, otherwise you may see some roster changes as some scratches are brought in, certainly would occur I think if the Wardens get anything less then a win in this.
Kingdom of Anthor

Fluvannia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fluvannia » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:41 pm

MATCHDAY 2 RESULTS

Group A
United Osean States 1 – 0 Kelssek
Lorenthia 4 – 2 Fluvannia
Sylestone 3 – 2 Banija
Cassadaigua 1 – 2 Siovanija and Teusland

Group A
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Sylestone 2 1 1 0 7 6 +1 3
2 Siovanija and Teusland 2 1 1 0 6 5 +1 3
3 Cassadaigua 2 1 0 1 5 4 +1 2
4 Banija 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 2
5 United Osean States 2 1 0 1 3 4 −1 2
6 Lorenthia 2 1 0 1 4 3 +1 2
7 Kelssek 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 2
8 Fluvannia 2 0 0 2 2 5 −3 0

Group B
NPC West Florida 3 – 1 New Waldensia
Kriegiersien 2 – 3 Anthor
Sannyamathland 5 – 2 Flekkefjord
Neu Engollon 3 – 6 Abanhfleft

Group B
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Sannyamathland 2 2 0 0 9 2 +7 4
2 Anthor 2 1 1 0 8 7 +1 3
3 Abanhfleft 2 1 0 1 6 7 −1 2
4 Neu Engollon 2 1 0 1 5 6 −1 2
5 Kriegiersien 2 1 0 1 5 4 +1 2
6 NPC West Florida 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 2
7 New Waldensia 2 0 1 1 6 8 −2 1
8 Flekkefjord 2 0 0 2 3 8 −5 0

Group C
Tikariot 3 – 2 Kohnhead
Elejamie 1 – 1 Graintfjall
Susuvi 3 – 2 Sarzonia
Savojarna 3 – 4 Terre Septentrionale

Group C
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Susuvi 2 2 0 0 7 4 +3 4
2 Tikariot 2 2 0 0 6 3 +3 4
3 Graintfjall 2 1 1 0 6 2 +4 3
4 Elejamie 2 0 2 0 3 3 0 2
5 Terre Septentrionale 2 1 0 1 6 7 −1 2
6 Sarzonia 2 0 1 1 4 5 −1 1
7 Savojarna 2 0 0 2 4 7 −3 0
8 Kohnhead 2 0 0 2 3 8 −5 0

Group D
Ethane 2 – 7 The Jovannic
Lisander 1 – 4 Ontorisa
Republic of Dixie 5 – 4 Nova Anglicana
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2 – 2 Huelavia

Group D
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Ontorisa 2 2 0 0 6 1 +5 4
2 Republic of Dixie 2 2 0 0 7 5 +2 4
3 The Jovannic 2 1 0 1 7 4 +3 2
4 Lisander 2 1 0 1 4 6 −2 2
5 Ethane 2 1 0 1 3 7 −4 2
6 Huelavia 2 0 1 1 3 4 −1 1
7 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2 0 1 1 2 3 −1 1
8 Nova Anglicana 2 0 0 2 6 8 −2 0
Sports Trigram FLV
Host, WJHC 15

Npc West Florida
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Npc West Florida » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 pm

Chartottesville, Fluvannia
John Walker:
Howdy folks and welcome to the WHJC which is covered by me, John Walker, and Wilburt Smith right now we are talking about the game a little while ago, against New Waldensia. It started out as a ordinary game, pucks flying across the ice smacking people in the head, all the things that is expected at a hockey game.
Wilburt Smith:
Then the unexpected happened, and Carl McClain, the youngest member of the team, scored a point when he was halfway across the field.
John Walker:
Yeah that was unexpected, but then Duane Carey smacked the puck across the ice, and knocked Herman Dunn out with a smack on the jaw.
Wilburt Smith:
Yeah that must have hurt, but then the Michael Lang shooting the puck into the net, right past there goalie was extremely surprising, I mean no one would guess this would happen this is one of the best teams
John Walker:
Yah New Waldensia has a very professional well trained team, and then 5 minutes later when Kevin Cunningham smacked a shot into the goal, narrowly missing the goalies head was surprising.
Wilburt Smith:
Yeah it most definitely was but then the game sadly went back to normal and no one scored for the rest of the game, goodbye viewers
John Walker:
Goodbye viewers
Welcome to West Florida! Read This guide for Its General information and This one for my military information. If you are interested in more information, please wait while it is passing the security clearance

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:59 am

ONTORISA SHINES AT WORLD JUNIORS
Andrej Sakostrophskav leads the team in points with 5, as Ontorisa takes down Lisander 4-1.
Marjos Radislav has been a surprise offensive power recording 3 points in 2 games played with the Falcons.

Say what you want about the Junior Falcons this year, but Ontorisa has emerged from the gates with a dominating two wins: 4-1 over Lisander and 2-0 over The Jovannic. A lot of this success is due to Dufont's defensively-minded system and Ontorisa's Top 6 being able to produce consistently, which has not been the case in previous tournaments.

In the recent game against Lisander, surprise addition Dominik Lagaend showcased his abilities as a shutdown forward, creating turnovers and shutting down opposition pressure. The 5'11" forward was not afraid to throw his body and grind out the win, being rewarded with a nice empty net goal in the dying seconds of the 3rd Period.

Andrej Sakostrophskav opened up scoring with a nice feed from Azwaj Sayatamir, ringing it top shelf on the Lisanderian goalie. The Lisanderians answered back with a rebound off of two Ontorisan defenders, that beat Tjolosburg. In the second period however, Ontorisa managed a second goal, with a quick snapshot from Marjos Radislav.

The game was essentially set in stone once Takaar Corispan managed a quick breakaway and pulled a no-move deke on the Lisanderian goalie.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:12 am

Going into the 15th World Junior Hockey Championship, the Sarzonian national Under 20 ice hockey team knew that Brett Tanguay, Jr. would be a focal point of opposing defences. After all, Tanguay scored eight goals in the five matches the Junior Stars played, including a knockout of second overall seeds Terre Septentrionale, who join the Junior Stars in their group this time around.

Still, the right winger couldn't help but be frustrated with his only scoring one goal as Sarzonia got off to a 0-1-1 start. Tanguay served as a glorified decoy as left winger Josh Evans scored the first Sarzonia goal with 8:14 remaining in the first period to bring the Stars onto the scoresheet after Elejamie scored both goals in the first period through Nick Kalinka and Franco Astori, both of whom made goaltender Owen Franks look bad on shots that the young goalie admitted were both shots he'd like to have back. He assisted on a goal by centre George Anderson with Sarzonia emptying the net for a sixth attacker, drawing the match level with 29 seconds remaining.

However, he missed a two-on-one break during the five-minute overtime session that could have given the Junior Stars a badly needed point in the Group C table. He would score the opening goal against Susuvi, but was foiled on a power-play attempt as the Junior Stars went a combined 0-for-8 on the man advantage in two matches.

"We've got a bit of a target on our backs," manager Martin Pelleur said, "especially Brett. We're just going to have to learn to adjust to this and get back in the win column."

The Junior Stars will have to do so against Savojarna before their highly-anticipated potential rivalry match against Terre Septentrionale. Unlike most Sarzonian managers, Pelleur is not calling the match against Savorjarna a trap match.

"It's critical that we get a victory tomorrow night against them," he said. "We can't take anyone lightly at this point."
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:38 pm

World Juniors start poorly for Young Lions

The 15th World Junior Hockey Championships are being held in the nation of Fluvannia this year, and the start for the Young Lions U20 hockey team is markedly different from the 14th edition. While in the 14th edition, the Young Lions advanced to the quarterfinals, eventually losing 1-0 to Banija in overtime, this edition's team has gotten off on the wrong foot, with losses in each of their first two games.

The first game saw them lose 3-2 to Lisander. In the first period, the team got off to a slow start, conceding twice in the first ten minutes of the period to a quick-moving Lisander squad. Tim Riley miscalculated on a couple of approaches and his athleticism couldn't make up for it. Down 2-0, the Young Lions got one back in the second period when Lisander was whistled for a penalty. On the ensuing power play, Joseph Robinson got the pass from Tony Abbott and smashed it home to narrow the deficit to 2-1. Unfortunately, Lisander re-upped their lead to two goals at 17:44 of the second, and despite Jacques LaFlamme's goal at 15:45 of the third, the Young Lions couldn't come up with a third goal (though they rang the pipes twice in the final two minutes), dooming them to defeat. It was a close loss, and a better start or a lucky bounce late might have made all the difference.The Lisander team would lose to Ontorisa 4-1 in their second match as the Young Lions prepared for the Republic of Dixie, who defeated HUElavia 2-1 in their first game.

The game against the Republic of Dixie ended no better than the Lisander game, though it was more competitive. The two teams traded goals in the first period, with Aaron Shelton's 12:08 goal knotting the score at one, where it would remain after the first period of play. In the second, Dixie scored two goals in quick succession, one from a power play opportunity, the other when a puck deflected off d-man Stephen Barnett's skate, and the Young Lions were down 3-1. Still, Cedric Caldwell scored at 18:27 to bring the U20 team back to 3-2. Dixie opened the scoring in the third, with a heavy slap shot that just beat Riley and put them back up, 4-2. But the Young Lions rallied, taking advantage of a Dixie penalty to get a goal from Barnett and an excellent hustle play from Clement Freitas that led to his one-on-one opportunity with the netminder; he didn't miss. With the game tied 4-4 going into the last five minutes, the Young Lions looked poised for a win, or at least a draw. But a cruel twist of fate saw Doug Warren slip, giving the Dixie forward a small opening to shoot and score with little more than 90 seconds to play, and the Young Lions' six-skater efforts were not enough. They fell again, this time 5-4. Surely the Young Lions feel ashamed after this one, having lost to a team from decidedly non-hockey climes, in a shootout manner that really isn't their style, and to a nation that is based on racism and oppression. Still, they've got to keep their heads up.

There are two pieces of good news, however. The first is that the group stage is a whopping seven matches long, despite being only single round-robin. This gives the Young Lions plenty of time to catch up. The second piece of good news is that the top four teams from each group qualify. This means that the Young Lions only have to finish in the top half of their group to move on to the playoff rounds. As is, they are only two points (one win) out of that spot.

So there's reason for hope. The Young Lions will next face the Royal Kingdom of Quebec Ice Knights U20 team (whom they faced, and defeated, last WJHC), who have been playing much less dynamic hockey than they typically do, going 0-1-1 with just two goals scored so far. The game after that will be against HUElavia, who are also 0-1-1 presently. Two wins against these two teams that haven't started particularly well are likely an imperative for the Young Lions to get back into the playoff conversation. Let's hope the puck bounces their way.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Terre Septentrionale
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Septentrionale » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:36 pm

Close win against Savojarna

Harrisonburg, Fluvannia - Following a disappointing loss against Susuvi (I was so disappointed, I ate all the chocolate), Terre Septentrionale travelled to Harrisonburg to face Savojarna. Terre Septentrionale scored first when Žiga Kovačevič's wrist shot beat Savojarna's goalkeeper. Savojarna, then, scored two unanswered goals and took a 2-1 lead after 20 minutes.

Terre Septentrionale tied the game early in the second period when Carl-Olivier Groleau-Pinard scored on the power play but savojarna took the lead again when a player scored on a 2 on 1 with a player. 3-2 Savojarna at the end of the 2nd period.

The Nordiques attacked midway in the 3rd period when Świętosław Pomerleau-Kozikowski, Alex-Olivier Châteauneuf and Marie-Sarah Laplante-Deschamps were on a 3 on 1. Pomerleau-Kozikowski passed the puck to Châteauneuf. Châteauneuf shoots but he hits the post. Laplante-Deschamps takes the puck and shoots. She scores! The score was tied at 3-3. Terre Septentrionale took the lead with 4 minutes remaining when Jennifer McGrath-Wright took a rebound and passed to Urszula Krawcewicz who skated with Wiesława Mieczkowska. Krawcewicz passed to Mieczkowska who shoots and it's a goal. Terre Septentrionale takes a 4-3 lead and this is the final score.

BOXSCORE

1st period
16:39 - Žiga Kovačevič assisted by Agnieszka Straszyńska-Kowalik and Nicolas Bruneau-Gingras
11:10 - Savojarna Player assisted by Savojarna Player and Savojarna Player
7:24 - Savojarna Player assisted by Savojarna Player

2nd period
18:48 - Carl-Olivier Groleau-Pinard assisted by Alex-Olivier Châteauneuf and Julie-Anne Labelle-Binette (PPG)
5:33 - Savojarna Player assisted by Savojarna Player and Savojarna Player

3rd period
9:34 - Marie-Sarah Laplante-Deschamps assisted by Alex-Olivier Châteauneuf and Świętosław Pomerleau-Kozikowski
4:16 - Wiesława Mieczkowska assisted by Urszula Krawcewicz and Jennifer McGrath-Wright

Group C

Terre Septentrionale is actually 5th in group C with a win and a loss in two games. Susuvi and Tikariot are both undefeated with two wins in two games. On matchday 3, the Reprezentacja Nordycki will travel back to Charlottesville to play against Tikariot.This game will be followed by a game between Sarzonia and Savojarna. Both games will be on TVSports1 in French, Polish and English.

Émilie-Rose Bourbeau,
La tribune Septentrionale
Nation name: République de Terre Septentrionale | Trigramme: RTS | Capital: Ville Jacques-Cartier | Maps
Ranks: Hockey: 20th | American Football: 7th | Baseball: 17th | Association Football: 23rd | Rugby Union: 21st
Champions:
Runner Up: Cup of Harmony 76, International Baseball Slam XI
3rd Place: World Volleyball Expo X, International Baseball Slam XII, World Lacrosse Championship XXXV
4th Place: Arena Bowl VI
World Cup participations: WC 85 (3rd place in group), WC 86 (3rd place in group)

Fluvannia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fluvannia » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:04 pm

DIVISION STREET JOURNAL

Wednesday, October 14, 2020
1 Mark

CUBS CONTINUE SKID AT WJHC

OSHKOSH, Du. Winnebago -- 20,000 raucous fans -- including known hockey aficionado, the Crown Prince -- weren't quite enough to spur the hometown Fluvannia junior hockey team to victory in the nation's capital Tuesday night. As usual, the Cubs seem to be taking their time getting into gear; their first game they were shut out, whereas in this one they at least managed to score a pair of goals in a 4-2 loss to tournament newcomer Lorenthia. Next, we hope -- we pray -- is a victory. Perhaps the most concerning part is that the Cubs play two of their "easier" opponents earlier on; tonight's game, back in Appleton, is against another squad making their debut at the junior level, Sylestone.

The game got off to a good enough start. A two-on-one saw Dennis Martau feed across to Bernard Cook to make it 1-0 in favor of the hosts at 6:32 of the first period. After Reiji Narusomo got tripped up by a Lorenthian defenseman, the Cubs went on their first power play, but were unable to convert. With a little under three minutes left in the first, Lorenthia scored on a wraparound attempt that had Fluvannia goaltender Cody Pearson beat, and the score at the first intermission was knotted at 1.

When the second period began, the cracks began to show a little. Fluvannia took three careless penalties: a hook by Jeremiah Ellis (successfully killed), a bench minor for too many men (served by Teimo Peräjärvi), and -- with Peräjärvi still in the box -- Will Malone was called for a trip. Thankfully, the Cubs managed to kill the five-on-three, but with sixteen seconds remaining on the Malone penalty, Lorenthia got a good cleanup goal on a juicy rebound by Pearson to take a 2-1 lead. Play seemed to settle down a bit after that -- whether the Cubs were deflated or not by being that close to killing the whole penalty is hard to say, but if nothing else they managed to clean up their act. Unfortunately, a D-to-D pass between Caleb Gill and Iehira Tanaka was intercepted by a Lorenthian player, and his impressive breakout speed put him on a breakaway, which Pearson was unable to stop. At the second intermission, Lorenthia lead 3-1.

Not to simply be shut down, the Cubs came out for the third period on fire. They managed an impressive 18 shots in the period alone, but unfortunately, none went in. Things got a little heated as the clock wound down, and more than one post-whistle scrum in from of either net produced some shoves and back-and-forth jawing. No true fights erupted, however -- more of the standard "extracurricular activity" that happens in a tense hockey game. At 1:27 remaining of the period, Pearson was summoned to the bench in order to send out an extra attacker. Unfortunately, this gamble worked against the Cubs -- with 1:01 left, a long clear by Lorenthia sailed into the net, sealing the victory at 4-2.

After the game, the team was a bit more deflated than they were after their first game Monday night. "Our scoring has to be better", stated Flowers. "It's something I have to work on too. We're trying to be a little too cute with our passes, not putting enough pucks on net, although that last period we were a lot better. Just more things to work on and keep in mind for our next game tomorrow night."

That game, for reference, will be played in Appleton, against Sylestone. After that come three games which will present a significant challenge, so hopefully the Cubs can find that next gear in time.

Tue, Oct 13: @ Lorenthia L 2 - 4
Wed, Oct 14: vs. Sylestone

Listings in normal type will be played at FluvannAir Center in Oshkosh. Listings in italics will be played at Plexus Garden in Appleton.[/quote]
Sports Trigram FLV
Host, WJHC 15

-Anthor-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -Anthor- » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:14 pm

The Weekly Wardens
DOUGLAS AND CAMERON HELP LEAD THE WARDENS TO FIRST VICTORY

ROCHESTER - On the night before their professional gridiron peers face the same nation, the Wardens thought they would get the party started early by securing their first win in the Junior Championship in a tight, but well played 3-2 against Kriegiersien, with the best performances from Lucien Douglas who scored two of the three goals including the game winner early in the second period, and Bhaltair Cameron was perhaps challenged by the better performances of the lower lines and helped set up a goal and score a goal, ensuring the Warden's victory.

This match looked much more well played in a general, broad sense of the sport, the players individually seemed more self-aware of the situation and themselves and there was much improvement on shift transitions; McClelland continued his unorthodox trends of shifting the lines out of order and not in full, Padraig Robertson saw his playing time significantly reduced following a number of careless penalties in the first half and I have got to believe that he either drops to the fourth line for the next match or is out-right replaced, perhaps with Troy Kynaston who has performed well, certainly more consistently then the younger Kjetil Grover, and then perhaps bringing in David North or Iain Meade to fill in somewhere lower both of who remain healthy scratches.

Joel Brenton and Hugh Vrari assembled a quiet, but effectively good performance; you continue to see perhaps McClelland looking to use Vrari as the enforcer of the team a number of heavy checks were laid down on Kriegiersien, especially when they had just successfully executed a steal or pickoff the puck mid-pass; Ewan Tholvil and Louis Beck both had less then stellar accuracy and vision with passing, but the quick heavy hits from Vrari helped disrupt the play and allow them to try to recover the puck or re-assemble on their own side of the ice and put up a stauncher defense by giving the forwards time to get back from behind or near the opposing net and getting them back down by mid-ice before a dump to an awaiting opposing forward.

The third game in the tournament will see the Wardens face down NPC West Florida, who have had mixed performances, and McClelland as gone on saying that he may replace the smaller Rio Ferdinan on the first line with Hugh Vrari and use the two big defenders heavily to throw the Floridans off their feet early and possibly give them a chance to seize the tempo for the first half, or the entirety of the game, especially if they are able to get consistent performance across the depth of their roster from all forwards
Kingdom of Anthor

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:36 pm

Goalie report

Name: Kevin Landon
Birthplace: Avon, AVEN
Height: 191cm (6ft 3in)
Weight: 92kg (203lb)
Team: Avon Stars (youth squad)
Handedness: Right-handed
Style: Hybrid
Pros:
  • Excellent play-reading; seemed to have a sixth sense re dekes and penalty shots.
  • Excellent work with the stick
  • Good reactions, not just with saves but also with the free skate
  • Good at passing, not just regarding who to pass to but also with distance.
Cons:
  • Needs to improve protecting the five hole.
  • Needs to improve on exerceises given should he wish for a long career
Description: Despite the language barrier between them, where one would speak only Spanish and the other can only speak English, Kevin has had nothing but positive interactions with Toni [Antonio Cervantes, the junior team's goaltending coach and 2x WCoH champion]. He seems to be the complete package: a mind-reader who can do a good job handling breakaways, quick reactions which can help break down attacks and begin counter-attacks, being quick enough on the draw to get behind the net to prevent the opposition taking advantage of a dead puck and a goaltender who's not afraid of using his stick to block the shots instead of relying on his pads and gloves. The only things preventing him from achieving true greatness? The five-hole, which seems to be his achilles heel and could prove to be a benefit to opposing players, and the fact that he does the bare minimum when it comes to his exercises. While he could be drafted high should he be entered in one, any future coaches will need to help fix these issues if they are to unleash his true greatness.

Name: Lorna Peterson
Birthplace: St. Andrew's Point, WYKN,
Height: 173cm (5' 8")
Weight: 74kg (165lb)
Team: Davenport University Lady Reds
Handedness: Right
Style: Hybrid
Pros:
  • Good reflexes; managed to save 85% of shots fired at her in practice with both blocker and glove.
  • Good level of aggression, willing to make a save but not too willing to get in other players' faces
  • Fast player; excelled in the sprints and power skating.
Cons:
  • Height could be a slight disadvantage, especially with her fellow goaltenders being at least 180cm.
  • Needs improvement on rebounds; was only able to stop 60% of them compared to the 70% from Kevin and 75% from Seve.
  • Elephant in the room: unless drafted for intergender or women's league she runs the risk of getting overlooked.
Description: Lorna Peterson was a fairly controversial choice, given that she's the first female to be selected in what would've been an all-male team, but her talent in the University League made it difficult for her to be ignored. She has quick reflexes which, when combined with her willingness to use all of her equipment to stop any shot and willingness to try and seize the puck the first chance she gets, means that the opposition will be having a tough time when she's on the ice; their only saving grace is if they go for a rebound as she needs some improvement in that area. Due to her track and field training she's also quite a speedy player which could be handy should any opposing players reckon they could take advantage of a big gap. She's one of the shortest goaltenders we've had between the pipes, standing in at around 173cm tall, which could put her at a slight disadvantage especially with the higher shots. She could be drafted in a good round but only in a women's or intergender league, otherwise she'll have to resort to the ENWIHL should she wish to carry on her ice hockey career.

Name: Seve (Sergio Javier Vega Menendez)
Birthplace: Murgon, BNTT
Height: 185cm (6ft 1in)
Weight: 86kg (190lb)
Team: Coventry Puffins (youth squad)
Handedness: Right
Style: Butterfly
Pros:
  • Good skill with the glove
  • Good at preventing any chances with the five-hole
  • Able to take a hit and shrug off any goaltender interference
Cons:
  • Probably too aggressive; seems to have anger issues.
  • Could use improvement on stopping with his blockers.
Description: Seve seems to be a bit of a firecracker. While he shows a good amount of work effort and a willingness to work alongside Stars players despite playing for a rival team, he does seem to have a bit of a temper issue. During a threes practice game he hurled his stick across the ice after allowing a third goal and a confrontation between him and fellow scratch Brett Erskine had to be broken up lest it came to blows. Regardless, he has repeatedly shown he is willing to improve his skills and better himself, not just in the hopes of making it pro but also either being drafted for a foreign team or making it into the ENIHL. While he could do better with his sticks and his blockers, where is isn't bad but outside of five-hole shots it's the only thing holding him back from being a regular starter or backup, his skill with the glove is what pushes him above and beyond. Combine that with his good reflexes and you've got someone who freezes the puck often enough to irritate the opposition. While probably not a high draftee, if he overcomes his issues he could be a steal a few seasons from now.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Fluvannia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fluvannia » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:35 pm

MATCHDAY 3 RESULTS

Group A
Siovanija and Teusland 2 – 3 United Osean States
Banija 0 – 1 Cassadaigua
Fluvannia 2 – 1 Sylestone
Kelssek 1 – 2 Lorenthia

Group A
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Cassadaigua 3 2 0 1 6 4 +2 4
2 Lorenthia 3 2 0 1 6 4 +2 4
3 United Osean States 3 2 0 1 6 6 0 4
4 Siovanija and Teusland 3 1 1 1 8 8 0 3
Sylestone 3 1 1 1 8 8 0 3
6 Kelssek 3 1 0 2 2 3 −1 2
7 Banija 3 1 0 2 3 4 −1 2
8 Fluvannia 3 1 0 2 4 6 −2 2

Group B
Abanhfleft 4 – 3 NPC West Florida
Flekkefjord 3 – 3 Neu Engollon
Anthor 5 – 2 Sannyamathland
New Waldensia 1 – 3 Kriegiersien

Group B
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Anthor 3 2 1 0 13 9 +4 5
2 Sannyamathland 3 2 0 1 11 7 +4 4
3 Kriegiersien 3 2 0 1 8 5 +3 4
4 Abanhfleft 3 2 0 1 10 10 0 4
5 Neu Engollon 3 1 1 1 8 9 −1 3
6 NPC West Florida 3 1 0 2 6 7 −1 2
7 New Waldensia 3 0 1 2 7 11 −4 1
8 Flekkefjord 3 0 1 2 6 11 −5 1

Group C
Terre Septentrionale 4 – 2 Tikariot
Sarzonia 1 – 1 Savojarna
Graintfjall 3 – 1 Susuvi
Kohnhead 1 – 1 Elejamie

Group C
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Graintfjall 3 2 1 0 9 3 +6 5
2 Susuvi 3 2 0 1 8 7 +1 4
3 Terre Septentrionale 3 2 0 1 10 9 +1 4
4 Tikariot 3 2 0 1 8 7 +1 4
5 Elejamie 3 0 3 0 4 4 0 3
6 Sarzonia 3 0 2 1 5 6 −1 2
7 Savojarna 3 0 1 2 5 8 −3 1
8 Kohnhead 3 0 1 2 4 9 −5 1

Group D
Huelavia 5 – 4 Ethane
Nova Anglicana 5 – 3 Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Ontorisa 1 – 3 Republic of Dixie
The Jovannic 3 – 2 Lisander

Group D
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Republic of Dixie 3 3 0 0 10 6 +4 6
2 Ontorisa 3 2 0 1 7 4 +3 4
3 The Jovannic 3 2 0 1 10 6 +4 4
4 Huelavia 3 1 1 1 8 8 0 3
5 Lisander 3 1 0 2 6 9 −3 2
6 Nova Anglicana 3 1 0 2 11 11 0 2
7 Ethane 3 1 0 2 7 12 −5 2
8 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 3 0 1 2 5 8 −3 1
Sports Trigram FLV
Host, WJHC 15

Npc West Florida
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Npc West Florida » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:31 pm

William Depenshire:
Welcome to LFS13, your trusted news source. Today we played a hockey match against Abanhfleft in Fluvannia. Which we will talk more about vas I give the Mic to John Walker, our sports reporter covering the event.
John Walker:
Thank you William, but before I start i have done advice for you, change your last name and that advice to all the Depenshire clan. but for the sports, the game against Abanhfleft went as usual for our international sporting events, we gave a good show but we failed right before the game ends. But for the actual game part of it, that was exciting. For the first 10 minutes of the game we passed the puck back and forth with no injuries except a broken hockey stick on our side, we don’t know the other guys because we didn’t pay attention to them. Next 34 minutes we scored 2 points and got one player sent to the penalty box for smashing his hockey stick over the Abanhfleft coach’s head. Over the 16 minutes after that we scored another point, but the Abanhfleft team somehow scored 4 points in the same time period. Sadly after that, nothing of importance happened except the coaches got drunk after the game.
William Depenshire:
Thank you John and I won’t change my name. We will be right back after the commercial break.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:42 am

OOC: Been meaning to post this for a while.

---

TEAM ONTORISA ANNOUNCES U20 ROSTER FOR THE 15TH WORLD JUNIOR HOCKEY CHAMPIONSHIP
Taking a look at the upcoming U20 Team Ontorisa and who made the cuts.
Jakub Yakkorlis, though not expected to have any significant playing time with the team, has the potential to be an impact player for the Falcons should he play.

ASZA - Hockey is back!

Team Ontorisa announced their selections for the upcoming World Junior Hockey Championship today, seeing a few notable additions to the team, as well as a few "safe" selections for the team.

FORWARDS
LW - Andrej Sakostrophskav - 5'11", 190 pounds

A recent, 30th Overall Draft Pick in the 96th OJL Entry Draft, Sakostrophskav is a somewhat average sized, offensively gifted sniper whose playing style relies on quick wrist shots from the rush. While not entirely capable in his own end, Sakostrophskav is a deadly force in the offensive zone. His right-handed shot paired with his natural position of left wing enables for prime one-timer opportunities. Sakostrophskav is coming off of a 26-point season in the OUHL with Zazis University.

Draft: 30th Overall, 96th OJL Entry Draft, Port Oklisy Wolverines.

LW - Marjos Radislav - 6'1", 195 pounds

A bruising power forward, Marjos Radislav has made a name for himself for his dedicated work ethic, his ability to throw the body, as well as be a reliable presence in the defensive zone. While not the speediest player, Radislav possesses a great toolset to become a crash-the-net style player as well as being able to play a strong leadership role.

Draft: 65th Overall, 96th OJL Entry Draft, Esanmur Timber Wolves

LW - Viktor Augrokkos - 6'0", 210 pounds

An intelligent and quick forward, Viktor Augrokkos highlights one of the few signed undrafted free agents on the Ontorisan team. Despite being average size, Augrokkos brings speed and grittiness to his game, and plays with a nasty bite, particularly in the defensive end, which is critical for Dufont's system of an aggressive left winger forechecking unit. In general, don't expect too much offence from Augrokkos this tournament, instead look for him to be making critical defensive plays as he is easily one of the best defensive forwards on the team.

Draft: N/a, Signed as an undrafted free agent by the Calvisburg Guardians

LW - Dominik Lagaend - 5'11", 190 pounds

It is humouring that one of the smaller left wingers on the team is only 5'11". Dominik Lagaend, a native from the province of Yuebec, is a gritty, no-nonsense player who plays a very safe and determined game. Speedy, and resilient on the forecheck, Lagaend has become one of the coach's favourites from his willingness to go into the tough areas of the ice, and to create turnovers and prime opportunities for the more skilled forwards of the team.

Draft: 211th Overall, 95th OJL Entry Draft, Besoparvin Commanders

LW - Jakub Yakkorlis - 5'10", 185 pounds

When top ranked prospect, Tomas Li'affriak, went down with injury before Ontorisa announced their team selections, it was no question that it would be Jakub Yakkorlis taking his place. This speedy, small, offensive forward would often surprisingly find his goals and points at the front of the net. While that may appear to be alarming at first, Yakkorlis possesses a wicked release and more than likely one of the best shots on the Ontorisan team. Projected to be the extra left winger for the team, save for injuries, Yakkorlis will provide nice depth for the Ontorisan team.

Draft: Prospect Eligible for the 97th OJL Entry Draft

C - Takaar Corispan - 6'0", 190 pounds

A member of the famed Corispan family, Takaar Corispan is a defensive icon for the Falcons. With strong face-off abilities and superb skating, the younger Corispan is much more defensively responsible than his brothers, and plays a meaner game. While being more feisty than his relatives, Corispan is just as skilled offensively as they are. His stickhandling is one of the best on the team, and the added year in the RJJL has seen Corispan breakout with a massive 23 point lead to be the top scoring prospect in the league.

Draft: 21st Overall, 96th OJL Entry Draft, Saliasburg Nightmares

C - Azwaj Sayatamir - 6'0", 195 pounds

A slick playmaker, Azwaj Sayatamir is a speedy and offensively-gifted forward whose vision enables him to find and create opportunities. While roughly of the same size as Takaar Corispan, Sayatamir's defensive capabilities are not as prominent as Corispan's. However, Sayatamir is more offensively gifted and can create opportunities seemingly out of nowhere. Look for Sayatamir to be a key contributor for the Falcons this tournament.

Draft: 14th Overall, 96th OJL Entry Draft, Beschov Typhoons

C - Emir Czavint - 6'4", 210 pounds

The projected 2nd Overall Draft Pick for the upcoming 97th OJL Entry Draft, Emir Czavint is a dominating playmaker who has seen immense juniors success with the Colisaj Black Bears in the RJJL. Despite only being of 18-years, Czavint has shown that he has grown quickly into his frame, putting up an additional 5 pounds of muscle for the tournament. He's speedy, quick, large, and defensively responsible for a playmaker. While face-offs are something to be of concern for the youngster, he will be a dominant presence on the Falcon's third line.

Draft: Top Prospect Eligible for the 97th OJL Entry Draft

C - Bjorn Marrasgrad - 5'10", 190 pounds

Bjorn Marrasgrad is an odd case for the Falcons. While diminutive, and not fitting into the typical Ontorisan playstyle of a high offensive forward, Marrasgrad has shown his capabilities in his own end, being a dominant penalty killer and a wondrous face-off taker. He won't put up many points, if any at all, but Marrasgrad is a great defensive forward and critical for Dufont's system of a defensively-responsible fourth line.

Draft: Undrafted

C - Denis Jarmine - 5'11", 190 pounds

Say what you want about Denis Jarmine's game, but the 20-year old is a surprise addition to Team Ontorisa. Despite only being 5'11" and playing a very physical game, Jarmine is a nice depth piece for the Ontorisans for the tournament. He is a defensively-responsible forward whose face-off skills are superb. Additionally, he plays with an edge, something that Dufont can insert into the line-up if his 3-skill, 1-defense forward line combinations does not work. A question about Jarmine is his skating however, as he lags against his peers in that department.

Draft: 101st Overall, 95th OJL Entry Draft, Qajs Storm

RW - Lars Thojospan - 5'9", 180 pounds

Probably one of the fastest players on the team, expect a lot from Lars Thojospan this tournament. The 5'9" winger plays with an edge and is capable in both the offensive zone and in the defensive zone. Not only can Thojospan grind down opposing lines, but he's a great net front presence despite his size, and has amazing hand-eye coordination making him the target man for deflections and tap-in goals. He's the workhorse of the team, and Dufont has been public when he says to plan to use him in a very heavy offensive and defensive role for the team.

Draft: 36th Overall, 95th OJL Entry Draft, Horthrasburg Pirates

RW - Mattias Corispan - 6'2", 200 pounds

Another member of the Corispan family, the youngest brother Mattias Corispan is a bruising two-way forward whose style compliments Azwaj Sayatamir's game completely. Not afraid to go to the net, the youngster has made a name for himself by scoring greasy goals and creating opportunities in the slot area. Along with the playmaking ability of Sayatamir and the complimentary physical presence of Radislav, look for Corispan to make a name for himself this tournament.

RW - Mikael Ethwissen - 5'10", 190 pounds

A complementary and secondary scoring option for the Falcons, Mikael Ethwissen is a typical one-dimension player who needs a capable centre in order to truly be effective. Possessing a devastating wrist-shot and accurate shooting habits, Ethwissen should be able to recreate the magic he has with Czavint in the RJJL. Additionally, Ethwissen's quick strides enables him to create offensive opportunities for himself as a sniper.

Draft: 31st Overall, 96th OJL Entry Draft, Besopravin Commanders

RW - Salis Ollujaytr - 6'6", 200 pounds

Another top prospect finds themselves on this year's roster for the World Juniors Hockey Championship. A large playmaker, Salis Ollujaytr is also a great defensive player, despite the pedigree about his offensive skills. Ollujaytr will see more of a checking role with the Ontorisan team, but don't sleep on his offensive skills and potential. Despite being a massive player, Ollujaytr is a great skater and can showcase his bursts of speed easily on the 4th Line.

RW - Olli Quankossen - 6'1", 190 pounds

Olli Quankossen is another surprise addition to the Team Ontorisa. He fits the mould of Dufont's high pressure, free wheeling system with a defensively-responsible forward. While not projected to make the line-up, Quankossen provides nice depth for the Ontorisans and can easily step into the 4th or 3rd Line depending on the chemistry among the forwards. He makes quick decisions and can provide secondary scoring if needed.

One of the big questions coming into the tournament is how well Emir Czavint can translate his game to the international stage.

DEFENSEMEN
D - Tomas Xammhosburg - 5'11", 200 pounds

A smaller yet electrifying defenseman, Tomas Xammhosburg is a smart defensive playmaker whose crisp breakout passes can make quick work of any oncoming forecheckers. While being only 5'11", Xammhosburg has shown incredible on-ice and off-ice maturity enabling him to be named captain of the Ontorisan team. His quick stickwork in his own end enables him to be a force both on and off the puck in either end of the ice.

Draft: 62nd Overall, 95th OJL Entry Draft, Emarisy Blades

D - Ulmar Gradersilium - 6'6", 220 pounds

A towering defenseman, Ulmar Gradersilium is a deadly defensive defenseman who punishes opposing forwards for mistakes with his enormous frame. Additionally, his skating is superb enabling him to be a force within his own end, and keep up with the skilled forwards. In the offensive zone, don't expect too much expect for a booming slapshot, as Gradersilium makes his money sticking up for teammates and making opponents pay for their mistakes.

Draft: 222nd Overall, 96th OJL Entry Draft, Esanmur Timber Wolves

D - Mikko Hazirraien - 6'1", 200 pounds

The projected 1st Overall Draft Pick for the upcoming 97th OJL Entry Draft, Mikko Hazirraien is a smart two-way defenseman whose capabilities include a long reaching pokecheck, as well as smart decision making. Hazirraien has been known for his quick breakout plays and excellent transitionary plays. He's flexible when it comes to playing as well, being just as deadly in the offensive zone as he is in the defensive zone. Look for him to breakout in this tournament.

D - Beja Pokosja - 5'9", 200 pounds

While not the biggest defenseman, Beja Pokosja can make an impact for the Falcons if he plays through his offensive abilities. A noted sharpshooter from the point, Pokosja makes for a great powerplay quarterback with his ability to thread the seam with his passes. Despite this, don't expect Pokosja to be too effective in his own end, hence the reason why Dufont has decided to play Mikko Hazirraien instead of Pokosja.

D - Horka Casnavit - 6'2", 210 pounds

One of the few returnees to this roster, Horka Casnavit is a great two-way defenseman whose defensive responsibilities will be expanded this tournament. While not a point producer, Casnavit's ability to shutdown opposing forwards and opposing chances is a great addition to the team. His skating and grittiness are two aspects of his game that enables Casnavit to see success wherever he goes.

Draft: 37th Overall, 96th OJL Entry Draft, Point George Explorateurs

D - Heja R'tamusk - 6'0", 200 pounds

One of the few new faces on the Ontorisan blueline, Heja R'tamusk is a speedy, offensively-gifted defenseman whose stickhandling and hockey IQ is off the charts. R'tamusk is one of the newest faces on the Ontorisan scene as the Seushans begin to grow their hockey game as well, R'tamusk not afraid to say that he tries to model his game off of Ontorisan legend Mikael Kojos-amsua. Look for R'tamusk to be given leeway during the tournament and take risky but high-reward chances throughout his games.

D - Janos Dry-skauwez - 6'0", 190 pounds

Another Seushan joins Team Ontorisa, as Janos Dry-skauwez was a surprise addition to the team. While not an offensively-gifted talent, his booming hip checks and ability to be a defensively-responsible player is one of the mainstays of why he made the team. Paired with the free wheeling offence of Hazirraien, Dry-skauwez showcased his ability at the Five Nations Tournament in which he helped shutdown opposing efforts.

Draft: N/a

D - Tomas Hankosth - 6'1", 195 pounds

Tomas Hankosth is an odd case. While yes, he is an overager, he has not yet earned Dufont's trust to play regular minutes. However, being one of the few right-handed defensemen on the roster, look for him to see some game time. His offensive and defensive abilities are capable on the international stage, and his physicality makes him an all-round defenseman. He's not technically gifted in any specific area, but his well-rounded abilities makes him a safe bet for Dufont to fall back on should his defensive core falter at any point in time.

Horka Casnavit highlights a traditional Ontorisan defensive core. The 19-year old currently has 31 points in 47 games played with the MJL's Pakaluyer Barbarians.

GOALIES
G - Alexei Tjolosburg - 6'2", 180 pounds

A surprise addition to the team was youngster Tjolosburg, who stole the crease from Mattias Vilkinsit during Ontorisa's Five Nations Tournament. An intelligent and decently sized goaltender, Tjolosburg's strengths come from his ability to anticipate plays and to make the stops you need during a tournament such as the WJHC. So far in his short-term with HC Lopos Greys, Tjolosburg has recorded a 2.61 GAA, and a .919 SV%.

G - Mattias Vilkinsit - 6'4", 195 pounds

The Legionnaires' draft pick, Mattias Vilkinsit, was projected to be Ontorisa's starter for the upcoming WJHC. However, late heroics and decisions by management led to Vilkinsit being relegated to the back-up role. A strong and tall goaltender, Vilkinsit is a tough goaltender to play against, known to be feisty in the crease and not afraid to challenge shooters. With the Poritka Lanterns, Vilkinsit has recorded a 2.56 GAA and a .920 SV%.

Draft: 152nd Overall, 96th OJL Entry Draft, Kelixsburg Legionnaires

G - Krug Sadkiska - 6'1", 185 pounds

A depth addition to the team, Sadkiska has been reportedly told he will not be receiving any playing time as management is comfortable with a Tjolosburg-Vilkinsit tandem. That being said, Sadkiska is not a shabby goaltender and could be seeing some action during the pre-tournament games. An agile and flexible goaltender, Sadkiska's form when in the crease is almost mechanical.

Mattias Vilkinsit is a great potential starter option for the Falcons should Tjolosburg struggle in net.

PROJECTED LINE-UP

FORWARDS

Sakostrophskav-T. Corispan-Thojospan
Radislav-Sayatamir-M. Corispan
Augrokkos-Czavint-Ethwissen
Lagaend-Marrasgrad-Ollujaytr

Extra: Yakkorlis, Jarmine, Quankossen

DEFENSE

Xammhosburg-Casnavit
Gradersilium-R'tamusk
Hazirraien-Dry-skauwez

Extra: Pokosja, Hankosth

GOALIE

Tjolosburg
Vilkinsit

Extra: Sadkiska

Full Roster Details can be found here.

Fluvannia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fluvannia » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:02 am

DIVISION STREET JOURNAL

Thursday, October 1, 2020
1 Mark

CUBS RIGHT SHIP; BEAT SYLESTONE

APPLETON, Du. Winnebago -- With their backs against the wall, the Fluvannia junior hockey team managed to dig deep and pull off a gutsy, come-from-behind win against Sylestone Wednesday night at Plexus Garden in Appleton. A tightly-contested, back-and-forth affair, the game saw an intense focus from both teams, neither making careless mistakes or drawing foolish penalties.

The first period managed to be one of the most uneventful yet exciting periods of hockey yet seen. No goals were scored, no penalties were called, and the icings and offsides were minimal. While the score sheet may have implied a bit of a disappointment in terms of action, for those in the fans it was anything but. Shots galore. Good, clean hits. Pucks stolen. Shots blocked. Cody Pearson, who has surely been feeling his seat growing ever warmer as the first three games progressed, was a black hole in net, as was his counterpart in goal for Sylestone, Jemimah Rajah. Between the two of them, they may have given up two rebounds the whole period. Whatever Pearson had done to improve his defense against wraparound attempts in the previous twenty-four hours, it obviously worked. Three separate attempts, from Henry Baker, May Perry, and Max Hanson respectively, all found the glove of Pearson waiting to snatch them up (it probably didn't help that they all tried wrapping around to his glove side).

The second period saw both teams register on the score sheet. Sylestone struck first, as Baker buried Barbara Conner's cross-ice pass with a one-timer from the left faceoff dot. Pearson is good -- and had been playing his best hockey of the tournament so far -- but that play and shot were so perfectly executed that it's hard to fault him for not stopping the puck. Less than five minutes into the second, and Sylestone had a 1-0 lead. After the goal the play from the first period resumed, and an increasingly anxious crowd began to cheer louder and louder for their Cubs to finally break through. Luckily, at 17:03 of the period, they did just that. With Sylestone cycling the puck in the Fluvannian end, Bernard Cook managed to break up the play and spring Dennis Martau. Martau turned on the jets, but was still successfully marked through center by Sylestone defender Lachlan White -- at least, until Martau threw a self-pass off the boards and danced around White to the inside. Free to cut to the net, Martau did just that, and held the puck ever so slightly to get Rajah out of position. As she did so, sprawling to try and poke the puck from Martau's stick, the net mouth yawned wide and was quickly fed. Tie game.

Both teams must have had some inspiring locker room talks, because they came out for the third firing on all cylinders yet again. Neither prepared to give an inch, though the play was decidedly more chippy. Now with only twenty minutes to win a hockey game, both teams knew that for Fluvannia, a win was the only option. They could not settle for a tie. Unfortunately, though Sylestone tried, they could not prevent the Cubs from achieving their goal. At 12:13 of the third, Iehira Tanaka launched a shot from the blue line, and Teimo Peräjärvi was there to redirect the puck in the net. For only the second time in three games, the Cubs had a lead. Unlike the first one, they managed to hang on to this one, too -- that 2-1 score ended up being the final, which about sent the roof off the place.

"I felt good tonight," said Pearson after the game. "Obviously, still room for improvement -- they managed to score, y'know -- but I think overall I was just better with everything, positioning, rebound control, my stick side seemed to be better too." That it was, Mr. Pearson. We hope the improvement continues, as your next match will be against Cassadaigua, currently the group leaders. Hopefully this first win has indicated a change of fortune; only time will tell.

Tue, Oct 13: @ Lorenthia L 2 - 4
Wed, Oct 14: vs. Sylestone W 2 - 1

Listings in normal type will be played at FluvannAir Center in Oshkosh. Listings in italics will be played at Plexus Garden in Appleton.
Sports Trigram FLV
Host, WJHC 15

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:45 pm

Team name: Græntfjall
TLA: GRÆ [GRF when not available]
Demonym: Græntfjaller
Team nickname: Ice Wolves [for this tournament, Junior Ice Wolves]

Kit: White with blue detail and blue socks; alternate is the reverse. Because all Græntfjaller names are patronymic, players typically have their first name on the backs of their shirts.

Coach: Finn Ilíasson
Assistants: Thomas Ingemarsson, Guðleikur Petersson

Finn Ilíasson arrives with low expectations after the nation’s poor debuts in WCoH and HCL competitions. His main brief has been to acclimatize players to international rules and get good performances from youngsters who don’t see a lot of regular GHL ice in many cases.

Squad: A 23-man squad has been named for the tournament.
  • The Græntfjaller Hockey League (GHL) is a small league, but rivals the GPL (football) for popularity in terms of the national sport.
  • Græntfjaller players tend to be on the bigger side by [human] standards, and very physical, fore-checking and back-checking with equal vigor. But this means trading off for speed and most are not skilled puck-handlers by international standards. They hit a lot of one-timers.
  • GHL rules are laxer on charging, cross-checking, and shots to the head than international rules.
  • Fighting is a basically unknown phenomenon in the GHL.

1. Njáll Þórarinnsson – G
2. Júlíus Lukasson – D
4. Kristófer Óðinnsson – D
5. Róbert Grímúlfursson – D
6. Jason Bensson – D
7. Bjarni Davíðsson – D
8. Ben Espensson – D [A]
9. Benedikt Aðalsteinnsson – D
11. Nicklas Sunesson – F
12. Hálfdan Akselsson – F
15. Jóhannes Viktorsson – F
18. Zacharias Jónbjörnsson – F
19. Jarl Sindrisson – F [A]
20. Erling Vígþórsson – F
21. Bjarki Hrafnsson – F
22. Alexander Steinsson – F
23. Víkingur Gunnólfursson – F
24. Christian Sofusson – F [C]
25. Ólafur Stefánsson – F
26. Lukas Jalmarisson – F
27. Pétur Hjálmarsson – F
29. Baldur Dagursson – G
30. Tíbor Ørjansson – G

Lines will be flexible and adjusted over the course of the tournament but provisionally:

GK1: Njáll

D1: Bjarni – Ben
D2: Jason – Kristófer
D3: Róbert – Benedikt
7th: Júlíus

L1 (L – C – R): Hálfdan – Lukas – Erling
L2: Christian - Alexander – Ólafur
L3: Pétur – Jóhannes – Jarl
L4: Zacharias – Bjarki – Víkingur
UT: Nicklas

Choose my Scorers: Yes
Choose Scoring Events: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Maybe, ask first if you have something unusual planned
RP Injuries to my Players: Yes, but let me determine the severity
Godmod Injuries to my Players: Maybe, ask first and let me determine the severity
Godmod Other Events: Maybe, ask first
Assign penalties: Yes, be reasonable

A note on penalties: Græntfjallers will probably be perceived as dirty players by international standards, but they are not intentionally out to inflict cheap shots, but rather used to league rules that are laxer on checking. Most could not even spell ‘concussion protocol’.

A note on fighting: Græntfjallers will not initiate fights. Please do not RP my players initiating fights, ever. That said, if someone else starts a fight, they may respond. Most should be physically able to handle themselves; I don’t object to you RPing your players ‘winning’ fights but don’t have them mop the ice with mine.

A note on pictures: Please do not use unphotoshopped photographs of RL people/teams and say they are my players/team without asking.

Style Modifier: 0
Last edited by Graintfjall on Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:23 pm

The main event was tonight.

It was the match that was the most highly anticipated in both Sarzonia and in Terre Septentrionale between the Junior Stars and the Nordiques.

The Sarzonian under 20 national ice hockey team was getting ready to face Terre Septentrionale in a match that would go a long way toward deciding the fate of Sarzonia's Sarzonia's appearance in the World Junior Ice Hockey Championship. Teams had been focusing their attention on shutting down Brett Tanguay, Jr. and, while it opened things up for other players, it frustrated Tanguay.

"It's just something I have to get used to," Tanguay said. The Junior Stars are currently sitting in sixth place, two points out of fourth and a spot in the knockout round, and a victory over the Nordiques would be vital for Sarzonia's chances.

"This is definitely shaping up to be a must-win," Tanguay said. "We've definitely reached that point now."

Manager Martin Pelleur said the team didn't necessarily have to win the match against the Nordiques to advance, but conceded that a path to the knockout round would be "vastly more difficult" if Sarzonia lost.

"We are running out of time," he said.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:17 pm

HOCKEY: WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP
Kelssek misfires against UOS

After beating the home team Fluvannia in the opening match of the World Junior Hockey Championship, Kelssek's offence dried up as they handed United Osean States a 1-0 win and Mikail Pavelyuk a 34-save shutout. While Kelssek had the bulk of the zone time and outshot their opponents 34 to 29, several players had a notably poor time completing passes, and it was an interception of a pass along the blue line that put Alejandro Pena Jr. on a breakaway that resulted in the only goal of the game.

Head coach Philippe Oyesten lamented the team's inability to take its chances. "I think you have to give them credit for playing a solid defensive game. For our side, there's a lot of things that went wrong. The powerplay was not in sync, that's the big one. We had four chances, some at critical points in the game, and we didn't make the most of it."

Captain Oskari Bergeron was categorical about how Kelssek needs to improve against Sylestone in their next group stage match. "Execution has got to be better. We've got to execute. It's like execution." He then stared blankly at the media until they gave up and left.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports