NATION

PASSWORD

World Volleyball eXpo (WVE X) Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:18 pm

Your Semi-final, and Silver Bracket Cut-off

First your Semi-finals
HUElavia                   25  18  25  26
Terre Septentrionale 20 25 15 24

Baker Park 27 23 25 26 8
Dryicor 25 25 15 28 15

Meaning your final is

HUElavia vs Dryicor

And your Silver League final results

Vangazliand                18  25  25  25  17
Kohnhead 25 19 23 27 15

Poafmersia                 14  22  25  25  13
Tikariot 25 25 17 23 15

Your Silver League Final
Vangazliand                22  21  25  24
Tikariot 25 25 17 26
Last edited by Taeshan on Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:03 am

HUElavia Advances to The Final!

HUElavia 3-1 Terre Septentrionale
25-20, 18-25, 25-15, 26-24
(Atlantea Sports Complex, Atlantea)

Coming into the Semi-Finals, HUElavia was embarking in a historical run. Coming off a disappointing Group Stage result with a group of young women coming from high school and universities to making the Final Four with the same group from four years ago has been a massive 180* turnaround for this team. Now, they were in a massive spotlight in the Volleyball world and in an even larger spotlight in HUElavia. They were 3-5 sets away from a historic appearance in the Final for the World Volleyball Expo, and the only team separating them from this feat was Terre Septentrionale. Another relative novice in the sport was having a historic run as well, which ended up having both teams face off at Atlantea Sports Complex, in Atlantea. The arena was packed to the brim, fans of both teams present, and both A-Teams playing in the match. The ball was tipped and the match was underway.

Once again, Las Amarillas/As Amarelas dominated the first set, having Alves and Avila playing on their A-Game, making shots and points left and right. Adding on, assists from Soda, Leite and Tran (off the bench) helped the team take the first set, 25-20. The second set had Terre Septentrionale take more of a command in the match, with great performances by Rybaczewska and Châteauneuf, along with Johansen off the bench had HUElavia scrambling to respond to the shots and points. Regardless, it was too much for the ladies, as the Nordiques took the second set, 25-18. The ladies knew they had to respond and respond strong entering the third set. The popular Tallian-HUElavian duo of Tassi and Tirabassi came on, and both set up a great display. Shots and points were made by the two, along with help from Razon led Las Amarillas/As Amarelas to a strong performance to put the Nordiques up the wall. HUElavia took the third set 25-15 and was one set away from victory. The fourth set was an affair of back-and-forth, as both A-Teams were fully on the court looking to get the victory. Shots and points were being scored left and right, until right at the end, a pass from Soda to Aranda, where she spiked the ball down in front of the net by McGough was enough to give HUElavia the fourth set, 26-24. The match ended and a roar erupted from the HUElavians cheering on, making the arena rumble. Aranda came to the ground crying as her teammates and the bench went to her to celebrate. HUElavia won the match and clinched their spot to the Final, a first in HUElavian Volleyball history.

HUElavia are now one win away from winning their 1st ever World Volleyball Expo, making their 1st ever Final, as well as the nation's 8th Overall Final in all Sports. Their opponents are debutants Dryicor, who had an upset victory against Top Seeded Baker Park in a 3-2 thriller for the Semi-Finals. The arena will certainly be filled with HUElavians, looking to cheer on these ladies who have made such a turnaround in the history of the team. From Group Stage elimination four years ago to Finalists, one can only hope and pray they finish the job off. Millions of HUElavians back home will be watching in watch parties, cheering on these women who just a while ago, not many people knew much about them. Now, the team will train and practice hard, looking to finish off the job and bring glory to the team, the country and to themselves. Here's to winning the Final and making history.

FORCA HUELAVIA! VAMOS HUELAVIA! GO HUELAVIA!

Dryicor
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dryicor » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:43 pm

DRYICOR ADVANCE TO FINAL AGAINST ALL ODDS, SETTING UP TANTALISING FINAL AGAINST HUELAVIA

Today, rather than the usual Channel 5 match report, today we will show you an excerpt just after the commercial break after the match was played against the Commonwealth of Baker Park. Channel 5 were lucky enough to steal top Dryicoran sports commentator Timo Brondevik from DTV, inflicting further misery on what is usually Dryicor's highest-rated channel.

TB: Well, welcome back to the tenth World Volleyball eXpo on Channel 5 and... I'm sorry, but I can't get my words straight I'm so shocked... Dryicor are through to the final of this major competition... I'm lost for words. I really am. It went down to the wire but Dryicor just got past the Commonwealth of Baker Park and are now set up to play HUElavia on Sunday in Dryicor's first ever sporting final in 50 years. Well, what do you say... Gordon... what do you say about this?

Gordon Murphy is a notoriously pessimistic Dryicoran sports commentator for Channel 5.

GM: Well, I must say, Timo, for the first time in my life I have reason to be happy. But we are not guaranteed to be happy yet. Oh no. HUElavia have a good chance of steamrolling us, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case on Sunday.[/i]

TB: Aw... well, at least you've finally found happiness now, Gordon - who knew it only took his sports team to do well to finally make Gordon Murphy happy? Well, let's speak to Valteri Sarvoinen, who's got Petra Magnusson with him... Valteri, how's it going?

The scene cuts to a man in a long-sleeved shirt and a black fedora talking to a man with a rather neutral expression on his face: half relieved, half worried.

VS: Thank you Timo, it really has been an honour to work with someone so influential in broadcasting over the course of this tournament. Yet now our attention turns to Mr. Petra Magnusson, rather pleased with himself, I should think...

PM: Actually, no, I should think.

VS: (surprised) Oh? Why's that?

PM: Well, first good evening Channel 5. Now, quite frankly I've got to get on with my planning, so this shall be a quick interview. We've a tough match ahead, and I am very sceptical of the idea, us being tournament debutants, that we can win this trophy. In fact, I'd be quite surprised if HUElavia don't blow us to smithereens. But, then, of course, we have a team, a team united in a belief in ourselves and that Dryicor is actually quite a good country and that we'd be doing a damn good service to it if we somehow don't get ripped to pieces.

VS: ...Very well. May I ask how the team shall be preparing for Sunday's match?

PM: Well they've played extremely well so far so I have let them have Saturday morning off to recover from this match. At 2pm they shall be returning to the training courts to prepare both mentally and physically in a Krypton Factor-style challenge requiring both physical agility and physical aim but not nearly Krypton Factor standard; not all those challenges are relevant to volleyball. They shall also have Sunday morning until 1.30pm to recover from that session. Then, they will prepare until our HUElavia showdown. I can't wait to see what Sunday will bring.

VS: Very well. It almost sounded like a Channel 4 comedy interview. But, Petra Magnusson, thank you very much.

PM: (savagely) No need to thank me, Valterri. I've done nothing for you.
EMPIRE OF DRYICOR

SPORTING
HONOURS

World Volleyball Expo
Champions (Taeshan 10)
Handball World Cup
Last 16 (Savojarna 22)
DTV NEWS
Celebrations are preparing for the 400th anniversary of Dryicor's existence on 1 November.
Prime Minister Erno Pulkkinen's approval ratings are at an all-time high of 86%.
The BOD will broadcast national celebrations, whilst DTV has decided to run a massive street party with special editions of its hit shows to celebrate the anniversary.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:39 pm

And your results.

3rd Place

Baker Park                 17  25  24  20
Terre Septentrionale 25 13 26 25

AND YOUR NEW CHAMPIONS

HUElavia                   23  19  25  15
Dryicor 25 25 23 25
Last edited by Taeshan on Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Dryicor
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dryicor » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:12 am

// YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

[align=]DRYICOR SECURE FIRST EVER TOURNAMENT WIN WITH WORLD VOLLEYBALL EXPO FINAL WIN OVER HUELAVIA
Instead of the usual Channel 5 match report, today Channel 5 have put online their coverage of the agonising final point which handed Dryicor the Volleyball World eXpo trophy. Famous Dryicoran sports commentator Timo Brondevik is commentating, in what, is to become the first Dryicoran sporting tournament win he has covered for 56 years.

TB: Now, the away stand is standing up looking over on the court. Our fans there are hardly expectant, more so confused and preparing to possibly, just possibly, see the moment of their lives they will never forget. HUElavia is now serving. Paloma Leite, their number 12, in fact. They are just slamming the ball over Pivínguak Kyllikki. Kyllikki to Saravia. Saravia back to Kyllikki. The fans are just waiting for the moment in the stand to my right. Kyllikki to Ávila. Ávila over the head of Timo Kullervonen into Avoortungiaq Ignatiussen. Ignatiussen to Sandra Toledo. Taledo back to Ignatiussen. Ignatiussen - OH MY F****** GOD! THEY'VE DONE IT! The fans are going absolutely crazy!
Timo Brondevik cannot be heard over the Dryicoran fans' volume of noise, even with a microphone. Brondevik usually keeps his language in check but this is a forgivable exception.
TB: And now I can confirm to you, that somehow, in some way, and it gives me great pleasure to tell you that Dryicor have won the World Volleyball eXpo 10!
EMPIRE OF DRYICOR

SPORTING
HONOURS

World Volleyball Expo
Champions (Taeshan 10)
Handball World Cup
Last 16 (Savojarna 22)
DTV NEWS
Celebrations are preparing for the 400th anniversary of Dryicor's existence on 1 November.
Prime Minister Erno Pulkkinen's approval ratings are at an all-time high of 86%.
The BOD will broadcast national celebrations, whilst DTV has decided to run a massive street party with special editions of its hit shows to celebrate the anniversary.

Previous

Return to NS Sports