NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 86: Roleplay Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Transvolcanic
Attaché

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Transvolcanic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:45 pm

While signal tries to return back
Transvolcanic just doesn't win

"This is difficult to explain... Yep, Campuzano has made an agreement with one of the teams in TransLiga A so he will just finish this qualifiers and then he won't be managing the team again, for a long time" ,that was what Jonathan Kapezie said when they asked about Campuzano's rumours putting him out of the team
"We have three candidates, and well, we are seeing them carefully, but we won't say names as for now" ,he continues
"About the Federation's presidential elections, you won't continue as matchday 18 finishes, so we want to know how does it feel to have been 5 years"
"Well, I rather prefer to not speak about that, but when you have to go, it is because it is time to give someone else a chance"
Different rumours have just put five candidates to the national team to be managers for the next cycle:
-Guillermo Paciencia
-Vicencio Flores
-Illian McLoughin
-Loventis Raekasos
-José Nazario Meléndez
As for the results, Transvolcanic lost 1-0 to Sargossa and 0-2 to Staypuftonia recently, being condemned to do the "Gallinazo" eh... Oops, to wait for a next opportunity to the World Cup someday, as it seems, the predictions are correctly and seems Transvolcanic is finishing it's first ever official "tournament" in a bad way, the lack of goals has put them in a type of crisis, at least the team could try to at least have more KPB points and upgrade in rankings
OOC: yep, sorry but starting to have time problems, so don't expect me to roleplay a lot right now
Last edited by Transvolcanic on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One day I fell out of my bed and got permanent IQ loss to -200
And that was a story of how I became a fan of volcanoes
Nope, nothing to see more than hate to redacted

Geektopia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Geektopia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 pm

Geektivities
*Be cool, be woke.
Reports done by Abdel-Dayem, our existing Culture categorist and editor
Lessons 1 and 2 <> Lessons 3 and 4 <> Lessons 5 and 6 <> Lessons 7 and 8

Conlang enClave #009 - Ne

Vêon eh fam // I am going to

I'm glad to be back with you all sharing this magnificent knowledge surrounding what is only one of the barely finite multiversal languages which try and fail, this is Geektopian. As I said, I'm glad to be back with the readers, but am also pained because of this long, winding, and barely tolerable hiatus that has come along with the popularization of football and really anything including sport in our land. This online information source, Geektivities, will have to get with the times of the wants of it's people, and, as you know, blacklist my articalia in the near term because it isn't involved in sports and just covers what some think is the boring aspect of cultural information. If you're a dedicant to my material, you'll know where to find my work as I tell you where my work will be next month. Come and read the weekly musings of "Torrid Times", a rising competitor to the mainstream Geektivities, and see for yourself how many more categoric variety there may be, as well as a surplus of writers that have their own schedules to write what they write and don't need a right-hand man to edit out any snigger-inducing typos. This isn't just unorganized clutter and you'll see multiple experts in their respective fields take turns contributing to their share of information every day.

Onto the article, then..

The direct translation for the words 'I'm going to' is incorrect grammatically but is more used frequently as opposed to "I'm gonna", or, in translation, "Vê nê eh fam". Unusually, the opposite goes for really anything regarding that matter in English, although not uninspired or inspired. When using the word 'gonna' you are informing someone else or possibly yourself that you are going to do something now or sooner than later or possibly even later than then. The two words obviously only cover present and future tense contractions, or what citizens like to call "Intented connectors". As to why contractions like this are called these words by utterance is for the reason of looking to connect two words, one word pair and one word, or maybe even three, and having intent to do something. Words or word pairs that are nested in "Intented connectors" are going to, gonna, might, might not, will, will not, can, should, or may to put it simply. What our Geektopians call "contractions" kind of sounds like a property of an obscure coding program if I'm being honest with you. Oh, those geeks!

Some examples would be: "Vêon djap vei e fjîepenj fun gîop" (translating to oneself that is going to make a tea for oneself) | [] | "Vê nê eh fam e ovji suoppv dôtve coecjûohi" (translating to oneself that is gonna making rhubard cake for oneself, which is a favored dessert ingredient in populous Geektopian city Homewood) | [] | "Vêon djap nu evutâ e vjecjeosv eh uceos" (translating to oneself that is going to bring their resumé to their already existing job like a silly fool) | [] | "Vêon djap gujmeon dupet qet e gjêom o fvêtvêom iovodi hacking iovodoâom" (translating to oneself that is going to take an ethical penetration hacking test, not explicitly in that order; Hacking is a cognate) | [] | "Vêon djap fêve e oesseofj aosvjo" (translating to oneself that is going to ask out that special someone for a dinner date) | [] | "Tvuqgeofj nî dûheot e hjmedefj ehat fôsôa es nu tveof njiacjsedj pae e djuvjecjèom" (translating to oneself that is going to stop taking their medications and try to maintain their mental health for the near term; Notice that the words and word arrangement itself changes because of said oneself planning out what they're going to do for the near and long term and including two intented connectors in a sentence) | [] | "Tvuqgeofj nî mi nu djiadjmedj ehat qutv e gjêon" (translating to oneself that is going to help their family and get a job) | [] | "Vêon djap diadjveppe hêsvje e hjmedefj" (translating to oneself that is going to take cheerleading lessons) | [] | "Vêon djap moutvêom mi josotmiecjes voupdjeos" (translating to oneself subscribing to an influential magazine or pamphlet) | [] | "Vêon djap sêt tiemeôudjve e siêdjveom" (translating to oneself that's going to compete in a relay race)

Conlang enClave #010 - Ke

Ve ehen + one noun // I have + one noun

By using these very words, you are informing and telling someone of something you have possession of or have acquired. May it be a disease, new fortune, or a child, it falls into the linguistical categorem of "Ve ehen". This parto f the lesson is really very simple to learn. The many different words that accompany or can accompany "Ve ehen" don't stick like mashed potatoes would to a cafeteria ceiling all that much.

Some examples that may help you include: "Vê qotdôp siamese ehen" (translating to oneself having a siamese kitten; Something important to know: the content that relates to what oneself has must go in between Vê and ehen, otherwise it is non functionable) | [] | "Vê Kwandomubile hmet ehen edj pôn e djout ehen dê cjgeohjofj nî î" (translating to oneself having a Green Geekmobile but not knowing where it is; Notice that the sentence has two "ehen"s in it, this is due to the direct translation of "but" being used in the sentence.) | [] | "Ve viadj nûs ehen" (translating to oneself having a nice mansion) | [] | "Vê sôunjeosi ehen pedj cjgaom nôfhmiavjedj" (translating to oneself having a computer that doesn't look illegal) | [] | "Vê hadacchen ehen" (translating to oneself having a migraine or headache)
Greens 6-2 Kohnhead

Goals: 9' (Idstein | assist provided by Osorto | Geektopia), 14' (Picolet | assist provided by Crete | Geektopia), 15' (Ida Cogginter | assist provided by Charles Laker | Kohnhead), 39' (Dolivo | assist provided by Rydelek | Geektopia), 56' (Osorto | assist provided by Sczerbinski | Geektopia), 62' (Dolivo | assist provided by Sudlow | Geektopia), 66' (Ida Cogginter | assist provided by Erin Maltos | Kohnhead), 83' (Picolet | assist provided by Osorto | Geektopia)

Player Ratings

Kwasney: 7.0
Osorto: 9.0
Idstein: 8.0
Barella: 7.0
Crete: 7.5
Szczerbinski: 7.5
Andreen: 7.0
Sudlow: 7.5
Dolivo: 9.0
Picolet: 9.0
Rydelek: 7.5
Bostopia 1-4 Greens

Goals: 10' (Rydelek | assist provided by Osorto | Geektopia), 13' (Rydelek | assist provided by Picolet | Geektopia), 35' (Idstein | assist provided by Barella | Geektopia), 38' (EMPEROR BOSTON | assist provided by EMPEROR BOSTON | Bostopia), 71' (Osorto | assist provided by Idstein | Geektopia)

Player Ratings

Osorto: 8.5
Barella: 7.5
Crete: 7.0
Szczerbinski: 7.0
Andreen: 7.0
Sudlow: 7.5
Dolivo: 7.0
Picolet: 7.5
Rydelek: 9.0
Greens 3-1 Woryand

Goals and Happenings: 12' (Idstein | assist provided by Rydelek | Geektopia), 35' (Andreen | assist provided by Osorto | Geektopia), 38' (H.L. Amin | assist provided by N. Kōwa | Woryand), 73' (Dolivo | assist provided by Crete | Geektopia), 80' (Dolivo | Red Card [simulation leading up to penalty box])

Player Ratings
Osorto: 7.5
Barella: 7.0
Crete: 7.5
Szczerbinski: 7.0
Andreen: 8.0
Sudlow: 7.0
Dolivo: 6.1
Picolet: 7.0
Rydelek: 7.5
Indusse 0-0 Greens

Goals and Happenings: Rahne replaced Dolivo effective immediately after the striker was shown a red card in the final minutes of play.

Player Ratings
Kwasney: 6.5
Osorto: 6.5
Idstein: 6.5
Barella: 6.5
Crete: 6.5
Szczerbinski: 6.5
Andreen: 6.5
Sudlow: 6.5
Rahne: 6.5
Picolet: 6.5
Rydelek: 6.5
------------------------------
FACTBOOKS
Kings: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1198022
Language: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1288251
Rugby: Rugby Sevens Bowl (2nd), Rugby World Cup 28 (R16)
Assoc. Football: CoH 77 (2nd), Di Bradini Cup 48 (Ro16), World Cup 86 (Qualifying), CoH 78 (Group Stage), World Cup 87 (Ro16), World Cup 88 (Qualifying), Di Bradini Cup 50 (Group Stage), The National in Xanneria (1st), World Cup 89 (Qualifying), CoH 81 (Ro16), World Cup 90 (Qualifying), CoH 82 (Group Stage)
Lacrosse: World Championships 28 (Group Stage), World Championships 33 (Group Stage), World Championships 34 (Group Stage)
Kosovo is Kosovo and they play pretty good football to boot :)

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:05 pm

Eugene walked out of his office as his favorite soccer team suffered an inexplicable 4-2 loss to Ihilthracna. “Squidroidia, get to work! Play better, time is running out!” He was feeling krabby over the loss, but would not allow it to ruin his day. After all, the stock market was trading up, and his portfolio was looking really good otherwise. There was nothing that made Eugene feel better then making money, and things were perfectly fine in that regard. His business was profitable, continuing to attract customers from all over the area even if it seemed to rely on one standby of a product. Thanks to one very loyal employee in which he had on his staff who prepared the product to perfection, it did not matter if others would slack off from time to time, much like his soccer team seemed to do. What a golden opportunity it was, especially with Quebec losing to Devonta.

Across the way stood another business with a diminutive but energetic and persistent leader in charge named Sheldon. This business did not do as well as Eugene’s business, and in all actuality, it did so poorly that some even wondered how it still existed to begin with.

“Aha! I have it, I have devised the perfect plan!” he exclaimed.

His trusty wife could only sigh, “The latest perfect plan? Give it up, just accept the fact that you’ll never be able to steal what he has. Maybe we can just do something better here, so that we don’t have to keep spending all of this money on these perfect plans.”

Sheldon whipped out a pink flag.

“That? That is your perfect plan?” his wife asked.

Sheldon laughed, “Aha! This flag represents the nation of Cassadaigua, the country that will steal all the hopes and dreams of Eugene and Squidroidia by coming down here and beating Squidroidia! Eugene will be so demoralized by the loss that he won’t notice me sneaking in to steal his business plans!”

“Well, the first part sounded good,” his wife replied, “but I don’t know about the second.”
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Sylestone
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sylestone » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:01 am

Closer look at what happened after the 2-0 loss to Silver Commonwealth and 0-0 draw to Lovisa
In the changerooms at Salgado Stadium after the game against Silver Commonwealth
Narrator: Well, here we are, inside the away change rooms at Salgado Stadium, Silver Commonwealth. We will see the Toaster and his fellow sentient objects in their natural habitat, yelling at each other after a couple of extremely disappointing results.

The cameraman walks into the change room as we hear the Toaster yelling at the players.

Toaster: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!? WE BEAT DELACLAVA AND JUVENCUS AND NEARLY DAMN BEAT THE HOLY EMPIRE AND POAFMERSIA AND YOU GO PULL THIS SHIT ON YOUR NATION? I CAN SEE WHY ANTI-SENTIENT WANKERS LIKE LIAM CUNNINGHAM AND GEOFFREY HARRISON THINK THEY SHOULD BE PLAYING INSTEAD OF YOU! BECAUSE YOU PLAYED LIKE SHIT! A DRAW WITH LOVISA AT HOME AND A LOSS TO SILVER COMMONWEALTH. i'M SERIOUSLY THINKING OF ASKING THE TOILET WHETHER WE CAN DUMP THE LOT OF YOU! GET YOUR HEADS TOGETH...

Tumble Dryer:Um, coach?

Toaster: DON'T "UM COACH" ME! THIS IS SOME SERIOUS BUSINESS! AND YOU ARE ALL PLAYING LIKE GARBAGE!

The Toaster realises that a reporter and a cameraman are standing there, filming the entire thing. He realises what he has said and starts to release smoke.

Toaster: Uh, sorry.

Reporter: No, keep on going, we don't want to be interfering.

The Toaster nods the best he can, being a Toaster, and continues his rant.

Toaster: SO TOILET, YOU PIECE OF SHIT, WHAT DO YOU THINK? ACTUALLY, NO, WE'LL DISCUSS AFTERWARDS. THE REST OF YOU, WHAT WERE YOU DOING! WE HAD AT LEAST THREE LEGITIMATE CHANCES TO SCORE IN BOTH GAMES, ALL OF WHICH WE WOULD HAVE SCORED IF WE WERE PLAYING LIKE WE WERE PLAYING THE LAST FEW WEEKS. THIS IS NOT FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH! WE HAVE AUDIOSLAVIA NEXT A VERY GOOD SIDE, BUT NOT ONE THAT WE HAVE NO CHANCE OF BEATING. OH WAIT, I FORGOT! YOU ARE ALL SHIT! THEN WE HAVE EURAN OCEANIC TERRITORIES, A SIDE WE LOST TO IN THE FIRST LEG. BUT WE WILL HAVE NO CHANCE IF WE KEEP PLAYING LIKE WE DID TODAY. LIKE SILVER COMMONWEALTH'S FIRST GOAL! WHAT THE FUCK WERE ALL OF YOU DOING. YOU LET THE BRICK WALL GO ONE-ON-ONE WITH MAURO GARCIA, A DECENT STRIKER, BUT ONE WHO HAS LOVE FOR A CROSSBAR. HE TOOK THREE CHANCES TO FINALLY SCORE AND EVEN THAT WAS FLUKEY! WE HAVE TO DO BETTER! NOW, EVERYONE GET OUT OF MY SIGHT BEFORE I START GETTING AGGRESSIVE!

The players, reporter and cameraman rush out of sight, finally escaping from the Toaster's rant. They breathe a sigh of relief and the screen turns black.

Sylestone 0-0 Lovisa
SYLESTONE - 0

LOVISA - 0

Silver Commonwealth 2-0 Sylestone
SILVER COMMONWEALTH - 2
Mauro Garcia 39' 41'

SYLESTONE - 0

Predictions (note these were by the Toilet):
Sylestone 3-0 Audioslavia
Euran Oceanic Territories 0-8 Sylestone

Predictions (proper, unbiased ones}:
Sylestone 0-1 Audioslavia
Euran Oceanic Territories 1-1 Sylestone
Last edited by Sylestone on Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Football: WC94 Qualifiers, CE35&36 semifinalists
Cricket: GCF WT20 XVI champions, ODI WT II semifinalists, GCF WT20 XV semifinalists, EspoT20 I&II champions
BoF 74, CoH 78, CoH 81, GCF WT20 XV, HWC 24, EspoT20 I&III

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:12 am

For those with less time, a briefer version of Jeremy's view of the closing stages of Group 6 is here

With the last of the players having retired to their hotel rooms for the evening, Sean Patterick was finally afforded some peace and quiet. He thought better of going to bed himself and decided on a walk around the grounds of the hotel. He put his headphones on and pressed 'resume' on the podcast he'd been listening to earlier.

An advertisement for Gnawed VPN, a subscription service that sends you partially masticated underwear over secure channels, faded out.

"The Idiot Podcast has been running for a few years now" said Daffodil, "but we've never truly been able to sink our teeth into a proper Audioslavian failure"
"That AOCAF Cup game against EOT from a few years ago" said the other voice - that of Jeremy Jaffacake.
"That was actually before the podcast started" said Daffodil. "In fact, I remember you saying you wished you had a podcast so you could spend forty-six minutes shouting about that game to anyone who'd listen"
"Did I? I don't remember that"
"You don't remember much, to be fair. We'd been talking about my video series. The one where I moan about gridiron for fifteen minutes. You said you wanted something like that. We ended up with... well... this"
"I... do not remember that either. There's a reason why we only usually talk about the weekend's games. Or about things I have the stats for"
"So let's do that. Previews time, Jezza. We'll start with your beloved Audioslavia, who are somehow in the box seat in Group 6. 32 points from 15 games, just about good enough for second. Poafmersia, the team that have been ahead of you on tie-breakers since matchday one are third on thirty points. Audioslavia have Sylestone and The Holy Empire to play - away from home - this week with Southwest Eastnorth visiting on the final matchday. Poafmersia are away to Delaclava, at home to Juvencus and have Lovisa to play on matchday eighteen. If the Bulls and Panijas finish level on points it’s Poafmersia who’ll go through and Audioslavia who’ll drop into the Cup of Harmony. Putting aside your rampant jingoism for one second… who’s going to qualify?”
There was a deep sigh.
“Let’s start at the end” said Jeremy. “Both teams should win their final game, and if either lose out by slipping up then they’ll fully deserve to miss the World Cup.”
“Fair” said Daffodil
“As for the games this weekend… they’re all losable. Audioslavia versus Sylestone.. that’s the kind of match the Bulls have drawn recently, yet if Audioslavia don’t get the win it could be disastrous. Even a draw for the Bulls and a defeat for Poafmersia against Delaclava - which is entirely possible - wouldn’t give Audioslavia that much breathing room. The Holy Empire have been unbeatable and will be heavy favourites for that match. Poafmersia may have struggled recently, but they have every chance of beating Juvencus and, if that happens, they’ll be back ahead of the Bulls on Head to Head. I.. don’t think Poafmersia are going to get nine out of nine points over these last few matchdays, they’ll maybe get five or six, but even so that might be enough. They effectively have a game in hand over Audioslavia. I honestly believe the Bulls have to defeat Sylestone and SWEN.”
“Is there no part of you that… that wants to see Audioslavia in the Cup of Harmony?”
“No” said Jeremy. “I mean.. if we could win it? Sure. But this team under this manager… I like Sean Patterick, I think everyone does, but is he a winner? Is he ruthless? We’ve seen him out-thought and out-manoeuvred in big games - failing to adapt to Poafmersia on both occasions, being bullied out of Plan A against EOT, being bewildered by Starblaydia’s tactics in the AOCAF Cup final.”
“And those two wins over Vilita/Turori and Valanora in the AOCAF Cup? The wins that won him a contract extension?”
“A mugging and an act of god” said Jeremy. “Not literally in the second case, of course. I’m referring to the rain”
“..but literally in the first case?”
“Pretty much” said Jeremy.
“So Sean Patterick” said Daffodil. “Lucky. Doesn’t have what it takes”
“I mean… well yeah. No. I don’t think he has what it takes. Even if Audioslavia make the World Cup, this isn’t the guy to get us to the knockout stages.”

Sean unplugged his headphones, screwed them up into a ball and dropped them in a hedge.

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:35 am

Toresdóttir refuses to blame fatigue as late errors cost Græntfjall valuable points

The Snow Wolves threw away three points in World Cup qualifying games that saw successive games featuring goals conceded in the last five minutes. Visiting Yuezhou snatched a 1 – 0 win at the Grand National Arena through an 87th minute Wen Xiaohui goal, while in Eraman, Græntfjall surrendered 1 – 0, 2 – 1 and 3 – 2 leads, the latter to an 86th minute Kudrat Saputra equalizer. The results meant the Snow Wolves came away with just one point from two games instead of the four their performances on the field deserved, according to assistant coach Særún Toresdóttir. “We were the better team over 85 minutes in both games,” she said, “And it’s frustrating to face up to two results that don’t reflect that.” She nonetheless refused to blame fatigue for the late errors, instead pinning the blame squarely on a vast international communist conspiracy.

The Snow Wolves pride themselves on their fitness and head coach Sigtryggur Brynjólfursson has repeatedly stated that he believes whole-match fitness can be an area where the little-fancied team can compete on the same level as experienced and decorated international sides. But concerns have been raised in some quarters about fatigue, with the two international games coming just after the conclusion of the 22-game GPL season and the final of the Græntfjall Cup. Cup winners Gunzlach controversially refused to rest national team players Jason Þórhallursson, Else Svennsdóttir and Alexander Leonardsson for the final ahead of national duty. Coming on the back of the Copa Rushmori and Baptism of Fire, some have questioned Brynjólfursson’s insistence on a strict 23-player squad. But Toresdóttir was unequivocal: “We could put 50 players in the squad and turn out a fresh XI for every match, it wouldn’t make a different to the anarchist terrorists intent on destroying the Græntfjaller way of life.”

The home game against Yuezhou was a spirited encounter on the pitch, albeit one free of goal scoring action until Wen broke the deadlock with a late winner. Huang Shedong had the best chance of the first half for the Red Dragons, receiving the ball in space on the edge of the box, but blazed comfortably wide; Ralf Álfarsson appeared to have given the Snow Wolves the lead when he struck home a well-worked corner, but the celebrating Snow Wolf Pack fans had failed to hear the whistle already being blown for a Matthias Raphaelsson foul on keeper Ruo Xiaolan in the build-up. Thereafter both teams seemed content to settle in for a goalless draw until Wen’s late entry sparked things to life: she made an immediate impact with a stunning volley that clipped the crossbar, and eventually broke the Snow Wolves’ defence with a deft piece of solo skill, controlling a difficult long ball and hitting an imperious strike from the outside of her left boot. “Such a goal is obviously the result of tremendous individual skill,” admitted Toresdóttir. “But we have to ask: who else was involved?” as she scribbled frantic annotations on a complex chalkboard linking antifa student groups with Protestant religious reformers and children’s television show producers in a maze of conspiracy.

Defeat to Yuezhou was particularly cruel, given the advantage it gives the Red Dragons in the hunt for Group 14’s second place spot. “Græntfjall lie third, with a four point disadvantage – had their defense stood firm for five extra minutes in each game, they would now be in a much stronger position to qualify,” says sports statistician Ørjan Kiddisson. “Four points is a lot to make up in three games.” Such searingly brilliant expert mathematical input – that four is more than one – indicates the situation the Snow Wolves now find themselves in. And conventional analysis agrees. “It means Brynjólfursson can’t afford to rest his best players for these last matches, so fatigue is going to continue to be a concern,” said veteran football journalist Olle Tobiasson. Toresdóttir played down the issue in response. “We’re not worried about all these mad calculations of who could qualify if X beats Y by Z goals while A draws to B,” she scoffed. “We’re much more concerned about the spread of international communism.”

Things against Eraman were if anything more frenzied, in a game featuring six allowed goals and two disallowed goals. Græntfjall’s defense, the sixth best in the entire World Cup qualifying field, thrice gave up equalizers as the Eramanians pegged back the Snow Wolves each time they took the lead. Þórhallursson opened scoring with a well-taken left-footed shot across his body, jumping on a through-ball from Raphaelsson, but just before the half a poorly defended corner gifted Mano Bosa an open volley on goal, which he duly converted. Bosa was involved in the second goal, his foul setting up Bríana Noahsdóttir for the kind of spectacular curling free-kick of which she has often scored for Steinaux yet rarely seemed capable of at international level. Again, the lead was sawn down, Kilat Supatra racing onto a long cross at the back post. Þórhallursson appeared to have won things with a brilliant bit of invention to chip in a cross with his back to goal, but Kudrat Supatra ghosted in to head in a late corner and secure a draw. Toresdóttir said the result reflected: “Poor marking, lack of match awareness, and the march of Bolshevist fanaticism.”

The players themselves have tried to dodge the question of fatigue. “It’s been a long season,” said right-back Karoline Vernerisdóttir, who has earned the starting position ahead of Svennsdóttir during the qualifying games. “And I played at the Olympics, so did some of the other guys, and then the BoF, and it certainly all adds up. But every other team in the world is facing the same situation. It’s no excuse.” Center back Hjörleifur Reynarsson, who has earned his debut during the World Cup but is yet to see significant playing time, said that he “would contribute when he could” but had “no questions” about the fitness of veterans Vilbjörn Hjörleifursson and Álfarsson. Toresdóttir agreed: “The only question should be: when are the right-thinking free people of the world going to rise up and do something about the sinister left-wing conspiracy undermining liberty across the planets?”

Given the tight qualifying scenario, changes are unlikely for the forthcoming home games against the Overseas Territories of Sylestone and Northwest Kalactin, the latter likely to decide whether or not the Snow Wolves have any chance of making the World Cup qualifying playoff round. If they don’t, then they may earn an invitation to the Cup of Harmony – adding yet more games to the schedule. KG is yet to confirm its intentions with respect to CoH participation, with some pressure from GPL clubs to skip the tournament and permit players adequate rest and recovery before the next domestic season. Strength and conditioning coach Fastvi Gillissdóttir was critical of the clubs for the call: “Many leagues play seasons twice as long as ours, owing to our short summers,” she said. “If our players are struggling, then that’s just a sign that more fitness work is needed.” “Or,” chimed in Toresdóttir, “That their precious bodily fluids are being drained by some monstrous agents of Marxist agitation.” Gillissdóttir was unable to clarify the status of the players’ precious bodily fluids.

Græntfjall – 0 (0)
Leonardsson; Vilbertsdóttir, Hjörleifursson, Álfarsson Image (44’) Image (57’ Bjørnsson Image), Vernerisdóttir; Aunosdóttir; Raphaelsson, Guttisdóttir Image (57’ Snæþórsson Image), Jvarsson, Franklínsson Image (87’); Þórhallursson Image (61’ Rögnvaldursson Image)

Yuezhou – 1 (0)
Ruo; Kang, Ren, Han, Guo, Zhu; Yang Image (72’ Wen Image Image (87’)), Gu, Gao; Liu, Huang Image (79’ Wang Image)

Eraman – 3 (1)
Bayan; C. Kudung, Gangsa Image (38’), Mora, L. Kudung; Suara Petara; Belang, Bosa Image (44’) Image (47’) Image (59’ Kaulawi Image); Ku. Saputra Image (86’), Buayan Image (71’ Wikra Petara Image), Ki. Saputra Image (53’) Image (79’ Nasar Image)

Græntfjall – 3 (1)
Leonardsson; Vilbertsdóttir, Hjörleifursson, Farmansson Image (45+2’), Vernerisdóttir; Aunosdóttir; Raphaelsson Image (63’ Bjørnsson Image), Guttisdóttir Image (73’ Snæþórsson Image), Jvarsson Image (57’ Johannesson Image), Noahsdóttir Image (47’) Image (78’); Þórhallursson Image Image (17’, 69’)

Also in the paper:
  • NEWS: Left-slate surge in opinion polls following corruption scandal
  • BUSINESS: Shares close up despite Thing rejecting tax reform
  • LIFESTYLE: The rise of polyamory: fleeting fad or societal change?
  • FOOD: Tasty goat curry recipes: our experts rate the options
  • SPORT: Kelssekian water polo players stars bring touch of class to Voleln
Last edited by Graintfjall on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Boot It!: MD14+15 - "The Eternal 7 Point Gap"

Postby TJUN-ia » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:08 am

By Peter Davis

Only 1 point separated TJUN-ia and Tikariot heading into another set of WCQ action. Mriin were 7 points ahead but with a crucial fixture against the Jags in TJUN-ia City on the horizon, who knew what could happen. David Seems' side began the week in Union Europaelooking to get some good momentum before the big clash with the Reavers.

UE has fallen off a bit since their great start to the campaign but they still hade enough talent to take the lead in the 34th minute. Kepo Ulawaya tied up the game in the 43rd, but it was still a bit tight heading into half time, The 2nd half was different, as TJUN-ia took control. Ulawaya got his 2nd in the 56th before Joe Green got onto the scoresheet in the 67th. UE got their 2nd in the 72nd to start the nerve back up again but Carlos Pique made sure the 3 points head back to us in the 83rd via a corner.

So far, so good but then came the real test. The Reavers came to TJUN-ia City looking to confirm at least Top 2 right now after losing to Natanians and Nosts at home. A TJUN-ian win could make the "Eternal 7 Point Gap" go down to just 1 with 3 games to play, but the Reavers are 16th in the WCC for a reason. Still, the National Stadium was rocking when the teams came out as the eyes of many turned to TJUN-ia City again for its swansong.

The visitors knew how to play effective football, as manager Tailtiu Brennan has done many times before, and they took the lead in the 16th minute through Istria Saara. But the first half would also see the hope of the National Stadium in use and when Vladimir Podolov scored just before the half time whistle, the roof might as well have come off. The 2nd half was poised intently for a few minutes as Seems tried to keep Mriin in check, but the Reavers always knew what they were doing. Otalia Kasmiir's free-kick was headed in by the dryad known as Tali’raia in the 76th before Mako Silanii secured the 3 points in the 83rd. The Eternal 7 Point Gap remains eternal.

1 win and 2 loses ends the 3 group games the National Stadium hosted but with a playoff leg potentially on the horizon, this may not be the last time we travel to the JagBase in this World Cup. The main aim now for Seems after that loss is to try and not allow history to repeat itself. When Mriin beat us the first time we proceeded to lose 2 of the next 3 and with Tikariot only 3 points back, the Jaguars need to have the advantage heading into the final game in Tikariot City. Therefore, the away trip to Newport to play 5th-placed South Newlandia and the final home game of this group stage against the Southern Palm Islands in Tiankong are critical and we must win both in order to be in the best position heading into the final day. No time to die now, it's all about the now. GO JAGS!

SCHEDULE (Group 11) - lines indicate when next edition of Boot It! will be released
MD1: @Filindostan (50) W 3-2 (T-2nd)
MD2: vs Se Vende Skooma (344) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City W 5-2 (1st)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MD3: @Natanians and Nosts (114) - Stadion Nacional (?) D 0-0 (1st)
MD4: @Port Ember (38) - Lilly Black Memorial Stadium, Port Ember Megalopolis W 1-0 (1st)
MD5: vs Union Europae (UR) - Beregozera Stadium, Szensky D 0-0 (1st)
MD6: @Mriin (16) - Haven, Maal L 1-3 (2nd)
MD7: vs South Newlandia (87) - Tiankong Stadium, Tiankong L 2-3 (4th)
MD8: @Southern Palm Islands (310) W 1-0 (T-2nd)
MD9: vs Tikariot (243) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City L 0-1 (3rd/4W-2D-3L/+2GD/14pts)
MD10: vs Filindostan (50) - Tiankong Stadium, Tiankong W 6-3 (3rd)
MD11: @Se Vende Skooma (344) W 4-1 (3rd)
MD12: vs Natanians and Nosts (114) - Beregozera Stadium, Szensky W 4-3 (2nd)
MD13: vs Port Ember (38) - Beregozera Stadium, Szensky D 3-3 (2nd)
MD14: @Union Europae (UR) W 4-2 (2nd)
MD15: vs Mriin (16) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City L 1-3 (2nd)
MD16: @South Newlandia (87) - Jecken Arena, Newport
MD17: vs Southern Palm Islands (310) - Tiankong Stadium, Tiankong
MD18: @Tikariot (243) - Dhaencunor Arena, Tikariot City
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:57 am

Goalkeeper: Hugo Ximenes - #25 (M, age 26, 1.85 m)

Defenders:
    Breno Maciel - #26 (M, age 32, 1.76 m)
    Cristiano Pimentel- #27 (M, age 35, 1.87 m)
    Romeu Serrano- #28 (M, age 26, 1.78 m)
    Flávio Zanetti- #29 (M, age 36, 1.75 m)
    Midfielders:
    Alfredo Prestes - #30 (M, age 30, 1.78 m) (New Vice-captain)
    Juliano Medeiros- #31 (M, age 29, 1.81 m)
    André Alencar- #32 (M, age 35, 1.74 m)
    Attackers:
    Mauro Garcia - #33 (M, age 34, 1.87 m) (New Captain)
    Danilo Saraiva- #34 (M, age 25, 1.76 m)
    Leandro Barroso- #35 (M, age 29, 1.82 m)

Head coach and assistant coach positions remain the same.

SNN Sports

The intense game against Poafmersia ends with a draw!

Silver Commonwealth 2-2 Poafmersia

Mauro Garcia 15', Makana Tuft 35' I Mauro Garcia 64' Makana Tuft 70' I OT - no OT

''The 0-3 defeat against Poafmersia seemed to be a thing which had stayed in the minds of both SC's footballers and fans themselves, and the stare of the new goalkeeper Hugo Ximenes when entering the stadium was challenging, as if he would want to repay about the sore defeat of SC's team in Poafmersia's stadium. Of course, the players of Poafmersia were also determined to bring victory back to home and not lose a game against our team. However, some bookmakers before the match had a prognosis that the end result could be a draw, and in the end it is exactly what happened - a compromise result which didn't exactly satisfy either of the sides. The two goals for both teams were also scored by the same persons, which means that alongside with the main game there was a personal competition between two strong players: Mauro Garcia from SC, and Makana Tuft from Poafmersia, which both sought to score more goals for their team. However, it ended with the same outcome as the general game - a draw.''

''The first minutes of the first period were usually small series of attacks from both sides (although in comparison SC's play was more aggressive), but there weren't much great opportunities for scoring a goal. The new captain Mauro Garcia scored SC's first goal in 15th minute, but only after series of passes and teamwork from other forwarders, as he couldn't outplay the defenders of Poafmersia alone, and even then he almost missed due of the amount of stress and being prone to mistakes due of that. Several other SC's players tried to repeat that feat, but none of them were as resourceful. However, Poafmersia didn't gave up, and Makana Tuft struck back in the 35th minute, getting a point for Poafmersia's team and bringing the score to a tie of 1-1, and it stayed as such until the end of the first period. However, in the first period Mauro Garcia didn't view it as that much of a personal rivalry yet, and more of the usual tie with which SC's matches would end up sometimes. But hey, at least better than no goals at all for his team, innit?''

''The second period went in a pretty similar matter, although the midfielder (yes, midfielder) Juliano Medeiros had a fair chance of getting a penalty kick during an intense play in 52nd minute, but unfortunately he didn't get it as while Poafmersia's defenders made it difficult to control the football ball, they also seemingly avoided to foul the SC's forwarders. Straightforward to the 64th minute, and here's the captain Mauro Garcia scoring a goal for our team again! But wait, there's more - just a few minutes later Poafmersia scores an another goal, bringing the result to a tie for the second time. And who scored this? You can guess thrice - of course it's Makana Tuft. It is said that after this Mauro Garcia not only focused on trying to get the third goal for his team, but also to prevent Tuft from having an opportunity to score a goal. However, this play often disturbed the other SC's footballer attempts to get the ball, and despite the various goal scoring opportunities and tiring play, none of teams scored a third goal, and the end result was a draw. Enrico tried to bargain for an Overtime again, and was backed by Garcia as well, who seemed to have wanted to score that third goal at all costs. However, this time it was decided that this time the result would stay as draw without overtime, considering that ''in those few minutes, the outcome most likely would be a tie anyways'', according to one of the referees.''

''Some SC's fans accepted the draw outcome on basis of ''it could have been even worse'', while others had clearly expected at least a victory of one point's superiority. Either way, it seems that the game had at least brought interest for some of SC's people to watch the World Cup tournament in TV again, meanwhile in SC's internet there are once again discussions with vastly different viewpoints on where the reserve team didn't use an opportunity, played sloppily, could have done something differently, etc. Some of the armchair SC's fans who trashtalk our team at home wouldn't perform well in a sports event like Football at all, or even sports in general. As for SC's footballers and coaches themselves, while the bitterness about the outcome could be felt for some of them, they still congratulated the Poafmersia's players as per etiquette, and it seems that the concerns about national chauvinism of SC's players and fans had been largely averted by extensive effort from SCFA and in some case security forces as well. At least ideology is somewhat sidelined in this event.''

''The next match is going to be against Sylestone - also known as the team which wiped the floor with our team during our first encounter (0-3 in Sylestone's favor), and this defeat against those sentient things is indeed a stain of shame not only for our team, but for our team's fans too. We can only hope that our reserve team will fare better against those objects and bring a victory for our glorious nation and its workers!''

SNN Sports

The first SC's revanche in the World Cup by defeating Sylestone!

Silver Commonwealth 2-0 Sylestone

Mauro Garcia 39', Mauro Garcia 41' I Second period - no goals

''The second game against Sylestone was quite... interesting. First, it was speculated that one of the reasons for Sylestone's wins was that they played in their home field in which SC's team didn't have much advantage. However, it seems that situations were now reversed, and even the reserve team felt well in the stadium in which they had played in before during other matches. Also, the main team had passed down information about the dirty tricks and tactics of several Sylestone's players to the reserves, and they felt more confident in knowing that they wouldn't step on the same rakes twice and were well prepared. Either way, it seems that it has paid off, and SC's team in the end has triumphed and got victory over Sylestone and its sentient tools, and also achieved payback over the loss in such a tournament for the first time. Another interesting fact is that all of SC's goals were scored in the first period by the same person, and within interval of a few minutes. However, we will get to those funky goals later in the news.''

''In the first period there was an active play from both teams, which was also cautious at the same time - the reserve team's captain Garcia didn't want to deliver Sylestone an another penalty shot opportunity like Augusto Serra did for Bar Stool in the first game against Sylestone. The mischievous Bar Stool tried such a tactic a few times in this match, but SC's defenders luckily didn't take the bait. Tumble Weed's corner kick in 20th minute came close to scoring, but those hopes were shattered by Flávio Zanetti's great play. And now all the way in last few minutes of the first period, the interesting part begins - in 39th minute the forwarder and captain Mauro Garcia managed to score the first goal for SC in this round and game overall, but hit against the crossbar in his two previous attempts, and it seems that the third time's a charm, but even then it was more because the football ball rebounded in the goalpost from brick wall - Sylestone's goalkeeper. The second goal from Garcia followed just two minutes later, but in comparison it was a straight mid-shot and outplaying brick wall fair and square. While one of the goals was funky, a result of 2-0 in our favor is still something we take.''

''Now at the second period... It seems that the Toaster's screaming had managed to put the act together for at least a few Sylestone's players, and the tools wouldn't give our team that much chances of scoring goals anymore. However, they weren't particularly effective at trying to score points themselves either - in one case the goalkeeper's head stopped the football ball kicked by Mixer, but in one case Tumble Dryer would almost stumble on the ground, and although they would regain coordination pretty quickly, the ball had been intercepted by SC's defenders. The forwarder Danilo Saraiva in 72nd minute would go on a quick counterattack and it seemed that he could score a goal, but he was forced to give up the ball to Sylestone's goalkeeper as one of the defenders was preparing to stumble him. The response from Sylestone would be in 84th minute where Mixer got close to scoring, but the football ball didn't ricochet at the correct direction after hitting the goalpost, thus costing Sylestone a goal possibility. In the end, result was pretty sore for Sylestone: 2-0, and it most likely will be below SC in the scoreboard.''

''After the victory stadium erupted in applause from the SC's fans, as while all victories were special, this one was special in particular, as the result of the game wasn't a second loss even more severe or a draw, but the first (and who knows - perhaps the only) time of SC's team delivering revanch for its fans. Some said that it isn't that much of a feat to win against a bunch of sentient objects due of their size, while others said that it is important for this very reason, and that the embarrassment of losing against them in the first time has been at least somewhat washed away. Either way, the Sylestone's defeat was witnessed by millions of SC's people from TV screens and radios as well - from the block houses in SC's Britain to small rural towns in SC's Midwest. It was said, that even the prisoners in SC's Japan and car factory workers in SC's South Africa had got to watch the match during the break. SC's team kept a straight face with Sylestone's team, but the emotions seen in SC's fan faces ranged from amusement to dislike towards Sylestone, especially towards the Toaster.''

''How much the time flies - only three games left in qualifications. Next matches are going to be against Euran Oceania Territories and Delaclava. In the first encounter with both of the teams, with the first we managed to get a tie, but won against the second. Who knows how the battles will turn out to be this time. That said, there is a feeling that no matter what is the outcome of those last games, dark clouds are still ahead for SC.''
✥ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ ✥
- ꜱɴɴ
- ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ
✉ ʀᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ✉
- ᴀᴅᴍɪɴɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
- ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ
⚒ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ᴏꜰ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴᴡᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ⚒
|☐ʜᴏᴍᴇ☐|❖ꜱᴄ ɪɴ ʜᴏɪ4❖|★ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ&ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ★|❇ᴄᴏɴꜱᴛɪᴛᴜᴛɪᴏɴ❇|✧ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ✧|✝ᴍᴀᴘꜱ&ɪɴꜰᴏ✝|☢ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ☢|
⚖ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ꜰᴇʟʟ,
ʀᴀᴅɪᴄᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴄ'ꜱ ᴅᴇᴍᴏᴄʀᴀᴄʏ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴇʀꜱ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ ☠
_[][][][][][][L'''][Σ][][~][][][]_
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

This nation doesn't represent my views

IRL views: not much different from 4 years ago (socdem)

Tom being a control freak + pathological distrust of private enterprises = this nation

''I thought that I was a conservative. Turns out, I was just sentimental at times''

Squidroidia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2020

Postby Squidroidia » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:32 pm

Losing to Ihilthracna. For the Squidroidian team, it was a huge blow. To some, it was one that they won't recover from in time to even have a chance at qualification. Like Wymondham on Matchday 1, they were an easy team to beat - In fact in the home leg it was a 3-2 victory for the Inklings - But just like every single other game, the defense didn't click, and this time it refused to even think about clicking. 4 conceded goals. Tied for most in qualification (The other time being Electrum 4, Squidroidia 3 on Matchday Eight) and joint 2nd all-time (Tied along with Megistos and Baker Park getting 4 past in friendlies and only surpassed by Poafmersia getting 5 past the defense before the 10th IAC). It was embarassing.

Nobody was more embarrassed than Higa Takanori himself. The Inkling ruler of Squidroidia was watching the World Cup closely, knowing that he can use this to build stadiums for the existing clubs and even use his money to form new teams in the top 2 leagues or send an amateur team up. Squidroidia were challenging for qualification, and for Takanori that meant a lot. He could easily build 8 new arenas and have 4 new teams enter the league for a 20 team structure. But losing to inferior opposition was frustrating. The leader, in his fit for a ruler house, only saw pundits and fans alike putting shame on everybody who was involved in this failure.

Some people went after the attackers. Others focused on the midfield. But almost everyone had an eye on the defense - Especially Kyushichi. He hasn't conceded 4 goals since Poafmersia did it, Shingen was in the sticks for the games against Baker Park and Electrum. At least with that Electrum game Squidroidia's attack scored 3. Scoring 2 against IHILTHRACNA? And they score FOUR? That is death by treason against the state in some countries.

A Squidroidian flag was at his desk, the one that was there ever since he liberated Inkhalla from the Squidroids and put their name on the country he ruled. He immediately shoved it off the table. It was one embarrassing loss too much for him. Losing to Cassadaigua, Main Nation Ministry and Electrum were at least the norm, those teams are too good. But losing to WYMONDHAM on Matchday 1 at home and IHILTHRACNA away right when the team were in the heat of qualification, where one slip was enough to send a team out? He had had it. He was the ruler! He can throw the entire team out! But no, this was a team that fought for qualification. Throwing out the entire team and sending 16 year old Inkling Rudy Allsopp out against the Main Nation Ministry on Matchday 18 felt cruel to the fans, even if they wanted it.

Just one player, he thought. Just one player that really sucked. Oh, that goalie that Mito placed in after getting salty about the Kulefati draw! Strike the net!

Takemoto Shingen's time at the team for qualification was done. Go Kyushichi's spotlight glowed as he was back in the team and starting. Hirayama Shunji was to be the backup against Cassadaigua. If this didn't work, maybe, just MAYBE Shingey can be reinstated back at the team. Or maybe Shunji would start for the final 2 games of the campaign. It all had to depend.
Last edited by Squidroidia on Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:26 pm

"A heartbreaking letter from little Kate Walsham, nine years old, from Marinwood, Surbourneshire just came in, let's read it."

Dear Mr. Emberstead,

Can you tell the yellow people from Teqilo Tequilo to stop winning? My dad gave me tickets to the Dragonflies for my birthday. I turned nine years old. We went on the train! Then we went to a biiig stadium in Greencar. Greencaster. There were a lot of people there, and everyone was very happy. They said that the bad yellow people from Tecui Tequilo beat us last time too, but that we were better now.

The stadium speaker man said medal when he called all the players out from the stadium basement, but they didn't give the bad yellow man a medal. I don't think he deserves one, he was not even playing. Dad said the man was just called medal, but I don't think so.

Then Tacol no Talaco no Tlacolol Tlacolotl scored. Everyone who was very happy was now not very happy anymore, and nobody did even give the yellow man on the bench his medal in the end. After that Wachalla Huachalla scored, and Tequilo was 2-0 against us, and all the nice green and blue people in the stadium were really not happy now. I was really happy when I got the tickets but I was not happy anymore.

Everyone was saying that Ko-oren were really good at first, and that we are going to the World Cup. And then Tequilo was there, and now I don't know. I always watch the Dragonflies on tv, and then they always win. In the end Noya scored and it was 2-1, but it wasn't enough, and now I'm sad. Then the other people in the stadium said this happened last time as well, and they were sad as well.

Can you tell the yellow people to not win next time? It's also good if we just don't play them for a while.

Thank you,

Kate

P.S. can you get me new tickets for the football? I want to win next time!
Last edited by Ko-oren on Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Terre Septentrionale
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Septentrionale » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:34 pm

OOC: Sorry there was a mix of lazyness and not finding the time to RP in the past few days.

Terre Septentrionale still hangs on to 2nd place

Damukuni - With 15 games placed, Terre Septentrionale is still hanging on to 2nd place. Here's a recap of the last 6 games.

Matchday 10: 3-1 win vs Mavinet

On matchday 10, Terre Septentrionale visited Mavinet and won 3-1. Fryderyka Cwierczakiewiczowa took the game in her hands with a hat trick, she scored at the 30th minute on a cross by Roksana Kolodziejczyk, 52nd minute on a penalty and 57th minute on a header pass from Sandrine Fontaine. Mavinet scored at the 71st minute and the final score was 3-1.

Matchday 11: 4-4 draw vs New Lusitania

Terre Septentrionale was still on the road and played at FC Porto's stadium, which is my favorite club from New Lusitania. Fryderyka Cwierczakiewiczowa scored early in the game, asssited by Wlodzimierz Waclawczyk. Wlodzimierz Waclawczyk also scored at the 35th minute on a free kick and the score was 2-1 at that time. When New Lusitania was leading 3-2 in the second half, Sandie McCracken scored to tie the game. New Lusitania took the lead and Zvonimir Kordic, who subbed in earlier, scored to tie the game at 4-4. New Lusitania thought they took the lead again but their player was offside and the final result was a 4-4 draw that left both teams unsatisfied.

Matchday 12: 3-0 win vs Sharktail

The Nordiques were back at home, in Ville Jacques-Cartier and beat Sharktail 3-0. Élisabeth Normandin was back in the line up after missing the previous games with an injury. However, Roksana Kolodziejczyk injured herself against New Lusitania and was replaced with Krzysztof Pajaczkowski. Sandie McCracken scored at the 18th minute on a short pass from Sandrine Fontaine. Franciszek Niedzwiecki increased Terre Septentrionale's lead when he scored from 20 meters at the 33rd minute and Terre Septentrionale was leading 2-0 at the halftime. Élisabeth Normandin got an assist on this goal. In the final 15 minutes of the game, Sandie McCrackenscored and the final result was a 3-0 win.

Matchday 13: 6-3 loss vs Nephara

On matchday 13, Terre Septentrionale travelled to Sabrefell, Nephara. Géorges-Kévin Vainqueur can be really good but he can also be really bad. This time he played poorly, but on another hand, Nephara played very well. Sandie McCracken scored early in the game and Terre Septentrionale was leading 1-0. Sandrine Fontaine and Wlodzimierz Waclawczyk also scored for the Reprezentacja Nordycki and we lost 6-3.

Matchday 14: 1-0 win vs Havynwilde

Terre Septentrionale welcomed Havynwilde at Laszlo Kocsis Stadion in Szentgyörgyvölgy and won 1-0. This time the team played their full starting XI and Roksana Kolodziejczyk was back in the line up. The lone goal of the game was scored at the 49th minute by Fryderyka Cwierczakiewiczowa on a short pass by Sandrine Fontaine.

Matchday 15: 4-3 win vs Damukuni

Terre Septentrionale was on the road again, in Damukuni, and won 4-3. Terre Septentrionale scored the first two goals of the game, one at the 12th minute by Sandrine Fontaine, assisted by Yannick Ksiezniakiewicz and the other one at the 17th minute by Fryderyka Cwierczakiewiczowa. Damukuni scored and the score was 2-1. Roksana Kolodziejczyk scored just before halftime and the Northmen were leading 3-1. Damukuni scored at the 59th and 65th minutes and the game was tied at 3-3. Fryderyka Cwierczakiewiczowatook the game in her hands at the 77th minute and scored a volley goal on a great pass by Élisabeth Normandin and the final score was 4-3 Terre Septentrionale. Speaking of Normandin, she, once again, got a yellow card and will be suspended for one game on matchday 16 for having too much yellow cards. Alicja Jedrzejczyk will replace her.

Standings and next games

Terre Septentrionale is hanging on to 2nd place with 30 points in 15 games. Mavinet have 28 points while New Lusitania have 25. Mavinet is the one with the toughest schedule, having to play against Nephara on matchday 16. Terre Septentrionale have the easiest one.

Nordiques remaining games: vs Hwiccemark, @ Unimon, vs The Minarchist Free State
Mavinet next games: vs Nephara, @ The Minarchist Free State, vs Havynwilde
New Lusitania next games: vs Damukuni, @ Hwiccemark, vs Unimon

Starting XI vs Hwiccemark: Vainqueur - Pietrzkiewicz - Skrzeszewski - Brzezanczyk - Jedrzejczyk - Ksiezniakiewicz - Fontaine - Kolodziejczyk - Giroux - Cwierczakiewiczowa - Kordic

Starting XI vs Unimon: Vainqueur - Niedzwiecki - Zubrowska - Normandin - Tkocz - Fontaine - Kolodziejczyk - Waclawczyk - Kordic - McCracken

Starting XI vs The Minarchist Free State: Vainqueur - Niedzwiecki - Skrzeszewski - Béland-Hamel - Normandin - Ksiezniakiewicz - Swierczewski - Pajaczkowski - Waclawczyk - Cwierczakiewiczowa - McCracken

Wlodzimierz Pietruszewski,
Senior writer,
La tribune Septentrionale
Nation name: République de Terre Septentrionale | Trigramme: RTS | Capital: Ville Jacques-Cartier | Maps
Ranks: Hockey: 20th | American Football: 7th | Baseball: 17th | Association Football: 23rd | Rugby Union: 21st
Champions:
Runner Up: Cup of Harmony 76, International Baseball Slam XI
3rd Place: World Volleyball Expo X, International Baseball Slam XII, World Lacrosse Championship XXXV
4th Place: Arena Bowl VI
World Cup participations: WC 85 (3rd place in group), WC 86 (3rd place in group)

Springmont
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Springmont » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Group 12                             Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Trolleborg 15 11 3 1 38 22 +16 36
2 The Hinodejin Empire 15 11 2 2 34 15 +19 35
3 Taeshan 15 9 4 2 29 16 +13 31
4 Riena 15 7 3 5 31 26 +5 24
5 Ziwana 15 7 1 7 25 21 +4 22
6 Springmont 15 4 4 7 25 30 −5 16
7 ZSeparatists 15 4 1 10 18 31 −13 13
8 Savigliane 15 4 1 10 26 39 −13 13
9 Fluvannia 15 3 3 9 14 26 −12 12
10 The Grearish Union 15 3 2 10 13 27 −14 11

(MD1) Springmont 0–1 The Hinodejin Empire
Kingbury
Krepanovic, Heckbert (C), Wingstrom, Farrowshard
Fjetland, McColsom, Mohaupt
Mayfirth, Crownfish, Compton

(MD2) Riena 0–0 Springmont
Kingbury
Krepanovic, Heckbert (C), Wingstrom, Bloodsword

(MD3) Springmont  3-4 Savigliane 
Coe
Fogdream, Heckbert (C), Wingstrom, Farrowshard
Kaizer, Crownfish, Stanley

Springmont Scorer: Waldo Miguel Stanley - 23', 45', 77'

(MD4) Taeshan 3–2 Springmont
Auwaerter
Fjetland, McColsom, Delinois
Mayfirth, Crownfish, Stanley

Springmont Scorer: McColsom - 43' & Crownfish - 76''

(MD5) Springmont 1–0 Fluvannia
Kingbury
Ravenbluff, McColsom, Mohaupt

Springmont Scorer: Mayfirth- 12''

(MD6)  Trolleborg 5–2 Springmont
Kingbury (C)
Fogdream, Bloodsword, Wingstrom, Farrowshard

Springmont Scorer: Farrowshard- 30'; Crownfish - 59'

(MD7)  Springmont 2–1 ZSeparatists
Kingbury
Fjetland, Delinois, Mohaupt
Kaizer, Crownfish, Stanley

Springmont Scorer: Kaizer- 57'; Fjetland - 90'

(MD8)  Springmont 2–2 The Grearish Union
Kingbury
Fjetland, Delinois, Mohaupt
Kaizer, Crownfish, Mayfirth

Springmont Scorer: Mayfirth- 12'; Crownfish - 65'
Springmont Injuries: Kingbury

(MD9)  Ziwana 2–2 Springmont
Auwaerter
Ravenbluff, McColsom, Mohaupt

Springmont Scorer: Kaizer - 40'; McColsom - p. 77'

(MD10)  The Hinodejin Empire 4–2 Springmont
Auwaerter

Springmont Scorer: Crownfish- 80' & 88'

(MD11)  Springmont 4–3 Riena
Coe
Bloodsword, Heckbert (C), Wingstrom, Farrowshard
Fjetland, Ravenbluff, Mohaupt

Springmont Scorer: Mayfirth- 25', 44'; Fjetland - 71'; Wingstrom - 90'
Springmont Injuries: Wingstrom

(MD12)  Savigliane 2–4 Springmont
Coe
Bloodsword, Heckbert (C), Fogdream, Farrowshard
Fjetland, Ravenbluff, Mohaupt

Springmont Scorer: Farrowshard- 12', Fjetland- 41', Kaizer- 56', Crownfish- 76'

(MD13)  Springmont 0–0 Taeshan
Coe
Bloodsword, Heckbert (C), Fogdream, Farrowshard

Springmont Scorer: NONE
Springmont Injuries: Crownfish

(MD14)  Fluvannia 1–0 Springmont
Coe
Kaizer, Stanley, Mayfirth

Springmont Scorer: NONE
Springmont Injuries: Mohaupt

(MD15)  Springmont 1–2 Trolleborg
Coe
Fjetland, McColsom, Delinois
Kaizer, Stanley, Mayfirth

Springmont Scorer: Waldo Miguel Stanley - 20'
Springmont Injuries: Heckbert

Next Game
MD16: ZSeparatists vs. Springmont
MD17: The Grearish Union vs. Springmont

Goalscorer
Name Total
Crownfish 6
Mayfirth 4
Stanley 4
Kaizer 3
Fjetland 3
McColsom 2
Farrowshard 2
Wingstrom 1
SpringmontAir |IronHope Ltd | Springmont Football Club | Springmont Football Newswire | Sepak Takraw | DEMO | Newspaper | Embassy |Airport | Shipping |Company Directories
National Team: style +1.33 | Project Lion (Youth Team): style +1.56 | I scorinate Sepak Takraw using Badminton game

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:40 pm

Voiceover: ...transforming it from a scapegoat into, indeed, the Greatest Of All Time.

Dan: But now on Interreligious Sniping, some very special guests here to discuss the origins of their worldviews and traditions! I'm talking, of course, about 1./ footballers. I'm your host, Dan Schroeder, and here with us are such luminaries as Tova Miovuku of Trebuchet Cham, Johan Idmar of Keppal Cosmos, Niels Jin-Kuang of Rovers United, and Chevanthi Arokiaraj, recently retired from Namiri Forest!

Mikhail: Aaaaaaand don't forget Mikhail Struve, pledged unto the Worshipful Cherubim, from the Nautilus cycling team!

Dan: What a...pleasant surprise to have you join us. Er, Mr. Idmar, we'll start with you. You've spoken about your atheism, where did that come from?

Johan: Uh, well, I've never been religious, and I was born in Jochsint, so I guess there.

Dan: Sorry, I mean, how did atheism as a viewpoint come to be?

Johan: I mean, I guess whoever was the first person to articulate "it seems pretty unlikely that there are any deities, we can't see them, we don't have any evidence of them, so instead of postulating reasons why they exist and don't make any effort to help us out, it'd be a lot easier to just, uh, not do that."

Dan: And where did that person live?

Johan: I have no idea? Bigtopia's always been inhabited, probably someplace ancient like that.

Dan: I...see. Ms. Arokiaraj, we'll turn it over to you, what does it mean to you to be Hindu?

Chevanthi: I would say compared to faiths like Christianity, Hinduism is less about having a creed or subscribing to a particular set of beliefs as it is about practice; attending to the shrines, lighting the sacred fires, wearing ceremonial dresses on holy days. There are days when I feel confident in the gods' presence and days when I'm very doubtful, but having that sense of ritual sustains me through both.

Dan: Er, that's quite touching and all, but where does Hinduism originate?

Chevanthi: Well, it's fairly common in the Namiri region, and I suppose our ancestors brought it from the land of no rice before Zwangzug was permanently inhabited.

Dan: Is that where the Indus River is?

Chevanthi: What? Is that near the Pinual?

Dan: I mean, some linguists and etymologists have speculated that there must be a place called hind-something or ind-something where the name originated.

Chevanthi: I dunno. A Hindu is a person who practices Hinduism, and Hinduism is the faith of the Hindu people. That's all there is to it.

Dan: Isn't that a bit circular?

Mikhail: I beg your pardon!

Dan: Who invited you?

Mikhail: Just because her definitions may seem circular does not mean you have any place to criticize them! Arokiaraj's metaphysical beliefs are between her and her gods! Don't you start with your seeking to understand.

Dan: I'm just giving her an opportunity to speak a little more about her worldview--

Mikhail: She doesn't need to explain herself to you! You skeptics will just never get it.

Dan: Well, Chevanthi here, unlike you, was invited to and accepted the invitation to appear on our show, so I'm going to assume she wants to engage with a wider audience.

Mikhail: Maybe you should stop assuming!

Dan: Let's just move on for a bit. Ms. Miovuku, what can you tell us about your Jewish heritage?

Tova: Well, not only do we have the best holidays--although we do--but a big part of what being Jewish means to me is solidarity with my brothers and sisters around the world. Every time we revisit the stories of diaspora and liberation, I feel myself connected to others not just in Cham or Trink or Ueberg, but everywhere our culture has taken root.

Dan: Yes, tell us more.

Tova: Well for instance, last Purim I was eating some hamantaschen that had been prepared by a southwestern cook and was kind of grainy, more of a breakfast food, but--

Dan: No, I mean, where else has Judaism taken root.

Tova: Well, lots of places, we're hardy people. Um, some historic nations would be Milchama, for sure--great athletes, too--Jeruselem, obviously--but there are plenty of nations where you can find kosher restaurants and ritual circumcision.

Mikhail: Which is terrible! Nobody should be taking a knife to small children's private parts until they're old enough to ask for it nicely!

Johan: Um...getting kind of weirded out by the fact that I agree with you there?

Dan: Mr. Jin-Kuang, care to discuss Christianity?

Niels: I'll try. Uh, so, the Bible is a text that kind of points the way to Jesus as the living Word of God, but it's important not to use it as a scientific or historical text because that would be a disservice to both fields. I mean, yeah, we have plenty of independent evidence for the history of the Macabees, and Jerusalem--

Tova: Are you sure that's how you spell it?

Niels: They didn't even write down their vowels, there are a zillion ways to transliterate all these things.

Tova: Fair.

Dan: And why does it have so many different denominations?

Niels: Well, the Eastern Orthodox, you know, some of them claim to be in their own little dimension somewhere. But I think any human institution, even religion, is prone to corruption, especially when it's linked to political power, so that explains a lot about the reform movements that eventually developed and in some cases splintered.

Dan: East of what?

Niels: What?

Dan: You say they're the Eastern Orthodox. What are they east of?

Niels: Um, I don't know. The Holy Empire? Maybe the East Pacific?

Dan: What?

Chevanthi: We all come from one of the Pacifics, dude, it's where human civilization originated.

Dan: Right. Now, Niels, you also consider the Jewish scriptures part of the Bible, correct?

Niels: Yes. Again, not necessarily as literal history, but of a way of understanding God's nature of forgiveness and mercy and covenant-making.

Tova: I would caution against equating belief in a personal deity with Judaism in the way that it manifests in Christianity. I think like Chevanthi, my religious practice has more to do with community and tradition than postulating the existence of a deity.

Dan: Interesting, can you elaborate?

Tova: I mean, I find it hard to reconcile the existence of a loving creator with the large-scale suffering that goes on in the world.

Johan: Clearly, your ancestors didn't.

Tova: Well, yeah, but they only experienced small-time persecutions and evil, not the large-scale dictatorships and atrocities you see these days. So it was justifiable for them.

Johan: Oh, not this argument. Look, if you think the terrible things we see in the world are evidence against God's existence, I agree! Please consider atheism, it makes a lot of sense! But this whole 'it was fine for them they only had little suffering' is some bogusness, I mean, where do you draw the line?

Mikhail: She doesn't need to give an externally-verifiable definition, her subjective experience is valid!

Johan: Zip it, Struve.

Mikhail: That's Struve of the Worshipful Cherubim to you.

Johan: Cherubim, schmerubim, who cares.

Mikhail: Do not blaspheme my archangel guardians!

Johan: I can't blaspheme them, I don't even believe in them! If I believed they existed, I wouldn't be an atheist, now would I? I'd be one of your DHA crowd, and I'd probably be respectful to the angels.

Chevanthi: I think what Tova and I are trying to say is that some religions don't value "belief" as a primary criterion for membership.

Johan: Sure, but Mikhail's clearly does, so--

Mikhail: Nothing about the archangels is clear to your pitiful comprehension, blasphemer!

Johan: Like I said, I can't even--

Dan: Iiiiii think that's all we have time for today. Join us next week on Interreligious Sniping as representatives of different faiths discuss When U Die!

(McAllister 65)
(Blum 28)
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:00 pm

Princess Kate (naked) in the Naked News Jeruselem studio

Hello this is Kate San ... Princess Kate for Naked News Jeruselem, once again reporting about the World Cup 86 qualification games.
Match day 14 and 15 leaving only 3 qualification games left to cover.
Yes, I'm wearing Pekora bunny ears!
Some douche on that Mann Network said I should put something on, so it's bunny ears.

Match day 14! We were away playing the eliminated Iles Rogieres for a game which we kinda had to win really.
Sadly we didn't get the win and managed a 3-3 draw in a game where our defense wasn't up to our usual standards.
Probably because we went much harder in offense than normal leaving ourselves vulnerable and it cost us big time.
We cannot afford to drop any points at this stage, against anyone.

In the other games
Sajnur visited last placed Quebecois Acadiana and beat them 1-0
95X stopped Huayramarca in it's tracks winning a home game 3-1. They kinda need to win that one.
Tequilo had a home game against Netop but had a shocker losing 2-1 to the visitors who were eliminated. 95X must have been so happy with that.
Semarland hosted leaders Ko-oren and lost 1-0. Well it was close at least.

The main thing from match day 14 is we lost ground, Huayramarca lost ground and Tequilo stumbled giving 95X a gift.

Match day 15
Sajnur visited but we were the ones who needed the win as they were pretty much about to be eliminated.
Unfortunately the tactics of the last game which cost us 2 points were repeated.
A good win is based on solid defense but once again while we did score 3 goals, we let in 3 as well.
Another draw 3-3, and this brings us to 7 draws. YEAH SEVEN OF THEM
We can beat the top 2 but that went out the window today chasing goal difference. It's so annoying.

In the other games
Semarland nailed Quebecois Acadiana to the bottom with a 3-2 home win
Tequilo went to Ko-oren and then proceeded to upset them 2-1 like Jeruselem did. But Ko-oren need not worry anyway ... they still are the best. Yes the same Tequilo who lost to Netop.
95X needed to beat the home team Netop but came up short with 2-2 draw.
Huayramarca could only manage 1-1 with the visiting Iles Rogieres

Well, Ko-oren upset again and 95X not winning as well as Huayramarca and us falling behind.

The table shows half the teams eliminated. Netop and Sajnur are on 19 points but that's not good enough - eliminated.
Iles Rogieres on 13, Semarland 10 and Quebecois Acadiana 7 already eliminated beforehand.
Jeruselem are actually up to 4th on 22 points with Huayramarca also on 22. Our 5-7-4 record against their 6-4-5 record but we have +7 goal difference.
95X are 3rd on 28 with 8-4-3 record but Tequilo hold 2nd on 30 with 9-3-3 record.
Ko-oren on 39 points, they should qualify despite their loss today.

3 games left and we are 2 wins out of 3rd spot, Huayramarca the same.
Expect us and Huayramarca to be eliminated next round.
The real battle is Tequilo vs 95X now, unless they somehow manage to lose all their games and let us or Huayramarca in - won't happen.

We have teams who have qualified.
Nephara in Group 4 with perfect record and 45 points.
The Holy Empire in Group 6, another perfect record.
Banija in Group 7 and yes perfect record.
Valanora in Group 9, only 41 points ... no losses 13-2-0 record.
Starblaydia in Group 16, 38 points with 12-2-1 record.

We have teams who like one game off qualification including Brenecia, Hampton Island, Ko-oren, Pasarga ... Siovanija and Teusland ... that's one nation not two.
Also Mriin, Farfadillis and Cassadaigua, our friends.

Take note of Group 15, with Quebec in 2nd spot on 29 points.
They face tough task as there's Main Nation Ministry on 27 and Squidroidia on 26 as well outside chance Flavovespia on 23.
Quebec can qualify but it looks a close run thing with them.

Good news with those who ordered them Gold and Silver commemorative coins, they should be ready to ship in the next two weeks.
That's what they tell me anyway.

Police have arrested three people who have been wandering around committing sex crimes during our games.
I don't have the details but they are all older men.
Well it's good news getting that scum of the streets.

Hey, I see complaints from some people about visitors from overseas coming here to pick up women under the pretence of watching a football game.
Well we can't do much about that, because they are tourists after all and we don't really care if they are here to watch the world cup games or not.
As long as they don't break laws, and spend lots of money here.
We kinda need more of them to spend money here.
I know they'll be looking for women with loose morals and no clothes on.
I can't exactly make too much noise about that, considering I don't wear clothes for a job!

I see a lot of people out there combining their love for their country and ... Fall Guys.
People using custom skins with our flag!
Thanks everyone for that, it's great we have patriots even if they just bumbling 6 foot giant beans who fall over a lot.
I saw one which looked like me if I was giant bean too. Mind you beans are genderless.

One last thing
We did finally get rid of those damn annoying protesters outside the stadium during game time.
Mind you they'll around just further away but they won't block you from entering the stadium.
We own the stadium so we just changed a few laws ... ahem.

That's it from me. I have to go pick up someone from ballet classes.
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004

Postby Krytenia » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:06 pm

Army of Dru
By Rami Niblick in Emberton

IF there's one way, one sure-fire method of lifting the spirits of the average Krytenian, it involves laughing heartily at our rivals to the east. Especially when that laughter is aimed at their football team. Happily for Krytenian morale, Alun Belmwr wears sky blue and white.

Krytenia set out their stall to intimidate their opponents immediately. And by "immediately" we mean "before kickoff", as the Raiigar was met with the stadium PA blaring out Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. This rather displeased the visitors and set the tone for the match in general, as the Dragons did their damnedest to disrupt the playing style of the world's tenth best team. Top of that list was stifling the mercurial Noah Kranendonk, thwarting his ability to control the game down the middle. Cormac O'Neill's job for most of the game seemed to consist solely of marking the Starblaydi midfielder so tightly the pair of them may as well have shared a pair of shorts, whilst at the same time refusing to shut up.

That's not to say the tactic was entirely successful; if that were the case, Starblaydia would never have taken the lead. Plugging up Kranendonk meant more space for Jewel Maddison and Hayden Shepherd, the latter setting up the opener after receiving the ball out wide, using a one-two with Marcus Jimenez to take Oliver Alexander and Joey Sinton out of the play, before laying off a slide-rule pass for Betanni Jetvanna to fire home and at least temporarily silence the home crowd.

Too often in this campaign, the concession of the first goal has led to a Krytenian collapse. Not so this time, though. The Dragons continued to press their opponents, with Sinton and James Aitken pushing up to smother the Starblaydi midfield. O'Neill, still with Kranendonk in his pocket, began asserting his authority on the pitch, spraying the ball out wide or forward to a more advanced Sam Johanssen, and allowing the home side to create a few chances of their own. Apollo Peters was unlucky not to level the game on the half-hour, a fizzing effort leaving Cosmo Leopoldi flat-footed but pinging off the bar, but the signs were that an equaliser was coming. Kranendonk's continued travails contributed, as he flattened O'Neill with a clumsy challenge; Alexander's floated free-kick found the head of Ross Green, and though the captain's header was parried away by Leopoldi, it fell to the feet of teenage striker Alun Belmwr, who duly tapped the ball home to restore parity shortly before the break.

The second half saw a renewed energy and effort from the visitors, who were growing tired of Krytenia's attempts to troll them into submission. They retook the lead relatively quickly, and pretty directly. A big clearance from Nick Conway soared over the congested midfield, and when Green misjudged the bounce, an onrushing Hope Roshanak found herself through on goal. Damien Carpenter did his best to narrow the angle, but the long ball and defensive error left him horribly exposed, and Roshanak kept her cool to curl the ball around the Mercia Bromham goalkeeper to make it two-one.

The game, though, was about to take a dramatic turn. Whether or not O'Neill shot one insult too many at Kranendonk or simply had got frustrated at the Stanton Town midfielder's shadow of him, only the Starblaydi knows. What we do know is that something caused the Cedrus Soundgardia man to snap, as he grabbed the Krytenian by the neck and shoved him to the ground. Kranendonk was walking even before the referee showed him the red card, probably glad at having some peace and quiet for the rest of the game.

Krytenia pressed home the numerical advantage, especially with O'Neill now being given the freedom to roam in the middle of the park. He and Johanssen could now exploit the Kranendonk-shaped hole in the Starblaydia midfield, and it came as no surprise that the Dragons negated the Starblaydi lead a second time, Green making up for his mistake in putting the Men in Mauve ahead by flicking his header across the box from a Joshua Kelnic corner, allowing a cant-miss chance duly converted by Peters.

Momentum was now clearly on the side wearing sky blue and white, and it's a testament to the Starblaydis that the inevitable winner took so long. In the end, it was an individual piece of brilliance from the side's precocious talisman that decided the game. Belmwr controlled an excellent lofted pass from O'Neill, wrongfooted Conway with a deft turn, then smashed the ball from fully twenty-five yards beyond a helpless Leopoldi and into the net. The Dragons closed out the final few minutes to seal a much-needed and cathartic victory.

For Starblaydia, the defeat was tempered by its greater context, a first loss in the qualifiers and a mere speed bump on the way to reaching the World Cup proper. For Krytenia, meanwhile, a win teamed with dropped points for Darmen and a defeat for The Jovannic means that the dream of joining their vanquished opponents in the last thirty-two is very much alive. For Jerome Jaffacake-Phillips, the key is to maintain momentum and take down Saltstead. If they can play like this again, they'll have few issues in that regard. Onward!

KRYTENIA - 3
Belmwr 44, 87
Peters 61

STARBLAYDIA - 2
Jetvanna 11
Roshanak 48
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:42 pm

"So how are you feeling overall about this whole therapy session"?

"I mean it feels kind of weird that my wife pushed so much for this, but I feel like...I definitely could use the help getting through it."

"I mean she loves you. That's a good thing, I also think acceptance is a big part of moving on in life. How much do you think you've accepted his death"?

"I mean I definitely feel like I have accepted it. It is a little hard to deal with it, but like I know i'm not going to go across the city and go to our coffee shop and have our sons play and are daughters talk about superheros like we normally would. We had so many good times. I, don't know how long it will be to feel like I need to fill the absence so much. But I'll get there eventually I believe."

"Have you seen your godchildren since"?

"I mean at the funeral, at the ash spreading. I haven't really had a chance to do much with them it was so recent."

"Do they remind you of him"?

"Yes, I mean how could they not. Mateo looks almost exactly like him. And he was one of my best friends right, so he had the good idea of naming Sally after me. He thought it was cute that he just changed one letter and I was honored but also...It's kind of hilarious looking back. It's really hard to sit with them and not immediately think of their dad."

"Is that fair for them do you think? Avoiding them surely can't help. It's clear you were a big part of their lives. You clearly have so much meaning in these relationships."

"Is it fair, no. I wouldn't say that. But it's hard."

"A lot of things are hard, but you..."

"Yeah I have to face them. It's hard, I miss them so much, but there are so many demons I will have to face. I think seeing them will probably do me as much good. I think."

"I think we often think things are harder than they really are. It is much easier to know things than not know the things...the shadows in the darkness. So often fear is so much about the unseen more than the seen. And seeing is eliminating the blanks that scare you."

"I definitely feel I can do better at facing that fear, even it's a little set of kids. "
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Springmont
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Springmont » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:34 pm

Springmont National Team manager Kristofer Donatis today announced the appointment of Cyril Pourner, manager of Port Yumrise FC as the new national team Head Coach to replace Brooks Thurmond. As is well known, Thurmond is battling cancer and has recently resigned.

Cyril Pourner, 41 was previously a former national midfielder and Port Yumrise FC. This season, he was only able to bring Port Yumrise FC to seventh place in the 4th season of Springmont Super League. He is also known for his love of using the 4-1-4-1 formation while guiding Port Yumrise. In the latest development, Arnulfo Feraco has been appointed to replace Pourner in Port Yumrise.

Feraco previously coached Clarksstead Orbits in the Springmont IronHope League (Youth).
SpringmontAir |IronHope Ltd | Springmont Football Club | Springmont Football Newswire | Sepak Takraw | DEMO | Newspaper | Embassy |Airport | Shipping |Company Directories
National Team: style +1.33 | Project Lion (Youth Team): style +1.56 | I scorinate Sepak Takraw using Badminton game

Yue Zhou
Envoy

Founded: Jun 06, 2017

Postby Yue Zhou » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:26 pm

Yincheng, Yuezhou - Yincheng National Athletic Complex
Two days before the match against Graintfjall

The mood coming out of the Red Dragons camp was undeniably tense. Although Graintfjall were hardly favored to come out of the group at the start of the qualifying campaign, their defensive solidity and finishing prowess had propelled them to a very respectable fourth place in the group, just two points behind Yuezhou for a potential spot in a qualification playoff. Yuan Zilai had prepared the team to face the Snow Wolves in excruciating detail over a number of training sessions, and even inserted Xanneria-based midfielder Gao Renling into the starting lineup for some extra playmaking flair, but the team still knew that anything less than three points would prove a critical blow to their qualification chances.

As such, when assistant manager Liang Wei called the entire team for a meeting with YFA President Hu Aiguo just two days before the match, the team was understandably confused. Nevertheless, the twenty-three players chosen to make the trip to Graintfjall gathered in a conference room with Liang and Hu to hear what they had to say.

“Where’s the manager?” Gao Renling wondered out loud.

“Oh, don’t worry about that. He said we could go ahead without him,” Liang replied coolly, although his words caused Hu to turn in some confusion. “Look, you boys-” he started, before seeing Liu Huiying roll her eyes at the phrase “-er, you all have been doing a tremendous job during these qualifiers. Just wonderful. We have just five matches left, but we have a real shot at making the playoffs, and you know what they say about the playoffs. Anything can happen. So these next few weeks will be massive for Yuezhou as a country, and as such, President Hu Aiguo is here to discuss a few sensitive matters.”

“Right. Um, thank you for that...fun introduction. Liang Wei called me here today to discuss our acceptable celebration policy, just as a quick refresher. Millions of citizens will be tuning in to watch these qualifying matches, especially our matches against Graintfjall, Farfadillis, and Plane of Possibility. You Red Dragons are providing them with an escape from the civil war those southern traitors have forced our country into. As such, we want to make sure we keep their attention on the football, rather than on political distractions.”

“As such, we just want to emphasize that any political acts during the match, especially while celebrating a goal, are strictly forbidden and may lead to your expulsion from the team.” Upon hearing this, Liang Wei opened on the projector a .GIF of Wen Xiaoli ripping his shirt off to reveal “Free Sangau” after scoring a goal during World Cup 79 qualifiers. There were some murmurs amongst the players, both for the threat of expulsion and for the attack on Wen Xiaohui’s uncle. Liang Wei, ignoring them, followed up: “Selfish acts such as these have no place on the Red Dragons, a team that is built on the backs of our past heroes and patriots. If anyone feels strongly enough against our government to do such a thing, well, you should consider whether you want to stay on the Red Dragons.” After saying this, Liang scanned the players in front of him, picked out a furious-looking Wen Xiaohui, and smiled.

Grand National Arena, Graintfjall
Thirty minutes before the match against Graintfjall

“It’s so nice to have an actual changing room,” Liu Huiying groused. “I still can’t believe they haven’t finished building ours at National Workers’ yet.”

“Ten years on this team and they’re still working on it,” Ruo Xiaolan remarked. “Really goes to show what the YFA thinks of us. At least there is an ‘us’ now, I guess.”

“True! What was it like, being the only female player for so long?”

“Well, once you...Wen, what the fuck is that?”

Both the young striker and the veteran goalkeeper turned to Wen Xiaohui, who was writing something on her undershirt. “You know what the YFA just said about pulling any ‘Free Sangau’ or ‘Ren Qiang OUT’ shenanigans - you’ll get kicked off the team.”

“Look, you guys really think they’re going to kick us off? Look at Hu Aiguo, man, he clearly didn’t want to be there. Our coach wasn’t even there at all! This is just that YFA dick coming in and trying to shut everyone up who disagrees with him.”

“Even then, why risk it? Especially when we’re about to qualify?”

“It’s because we’re doing so well that I have leverage now. Look at my uncle - not that I’m bringing it up because he’s my uncle. You saw them talk tough about kicking people like him off the team. But they needed him because of how good he was, so he got a slap on the wrist and otherwise came out scot-free.”

“Look, Wen Xiaoli happened at a different time. We’re at war now, the YFA is more nationalist than ever, and you haven’t earned a consistent starting spot yet. You think Hu Aiguo would even bat an eye before ending your international career?”

“You’ve seen how our coach feels about Liang Wei and the YFA. They’re not going to risk anything happening with him right before we play a World Cup playoff.”

“Yeah, I’m sure he’ll choose his backup midfielder over keeping his job,” Liu Huiying interjected. “Do you really want this to be what ends your Red Dragons career? A random ‘Free Sangau’ in the middle of a road qualifying match that maybe a thousand Yueren will see?”

“I’ve got to stand up for something! If I’m silent now, then-”
“Then you’ll be able to say more later,” retorted Ruo Xiaolan. “Imagine doing the same thing you’re planning to do tonight, but at the World Cup. Now-”

“Easy for you to say-”

“...Come on, Xiao-” cautioned Liu Huiying.

“-twelve years as Yuezhou’s starting keeper...and what have you done with it?”

Ruo Xiaolan looked over. “Look. I spent ten years as the only relevant female footballer from Yuezhou. You know what kept me here so long? I picked my battles.”

“I didn-”

“Xiaohui, we are literally at war right now. The things you can talk about are already limited because of that. Add to that that you’re a woman in Yuezhou, and that your uncle shot some politician, and the amount you can express right now without Ren Qiang cancelling you forever is painfully small.”

"I just have to do something. The People's Army is on its way to Mükiachou right now to burn down cultural landmarks or whatever, and I'm here in Graintfjall playing a game of football. I can't just-"

"Look, if you want to leave the team and help out, I would love for you to do that. Your uncle did that, after all. But if you really wanted that, you wouldn't be here right now. You want to make an impact with your position. And I'm telling you that the only way to do that is to be patient, to wait for your time to come, and when you've amassed enough influence, enough followers, then you speak out - and everyone has to listen."

Grand National Arena, Graintfjall
Eighty-seven minutes into the match against Graintfjall

Just as she’d expected, Yuan Zilai, finding it difficult to break through a stalwart Graintfjall defense despite chances for Huang Shedong, had turned to Wen Xiaohui to change the match. And change the match, she had. Just seconds after she’d come on, she’d burst into space off of a long-ball, moved as if to corral the long ball from Gu Zhalei, thought fuck it, and delivered an incredible volley that left the Snow Wolves frozen and the crossbar shaking. After the exclamation point of an introduction, she’d continued to zip around the pitch, a furious burst of energy in a match with more than its share of tired legs.

The stadium could feel that a goal was coming, and sure enough, it soon did. It was again the Interdimensional Misei midfielder to deliver an incredible blow. As soon as Ruo Xiaolan had smothered Rögnvaldursson’s hopeful shot from the edge of the box, Wen was off to the races. Ruo found Guo Xiawei roaming forwards, and the young defender pinged a beautiful long-ball that Wen ran down, quickly controlled, and thundered into the top-left corner. The away crowd erupted as Leonardsson was resoundingly beaten by the strength and skill of the strike. Wen Xiaohui wheeled away, reached for her shirt…

Caught Ruo Xiaolan staring at her from across the pitch, and quickly put her shirt back down. From the sideline, Liang Wei cursed under his breath - this was going to be harder than he’d imagined. But tonight, Wen Xiaohui was the people’s hero. And that just meant that her words would carry a lot more weight when she used them.

Graintfjall 0 - 1 Yuezhou
Lineup: Ruo; Kang, Ren, Han, Guo, Zhu; Yang (Wen 72), Gu, Gao; Liu, Huang (Wang 79)
Goals: Wen 87
MoTM: AM Wen Xiaohui

A spirited first half with many chances for both teams - as well as a disallowed goal for Graintfjall - gave into a comparatively slow, plodding second half. The introduction of Wen Xiaohui into the match (from which both teams had basically settled for a point) was a complete game changer that arguably saved the Red Dragons’ qualifying campaign. The attacking midfielder was absolutely scintillating in her twenty minutes on the pitch, and her efforts culminated in a wonderstrike to secure a crucial three points for her country.

Yuezhou 0 - 2 Nagore
Lineup: Ruo; Kang, Han, Ren, Zhu (Qiu HT); Yang, Guo (Gao 62), Gu (C); Liu, Wen; Huang (Luo 65)
Goals: None
MoTM: ...nobody?

...The less said about this one, the better. Suffice to say that Yuan Zilai’s Red Dragons had a chance to take a commanding seven-point lead in second place, which would all but assure their qualification for the playoffs, and could’ve even fought for an automatic qualification spot with a win...and blew it. Yuezhou are at their worst when chasing a lead and trying to break down a defense, and after a Cassandra Guthrie header put the visitors up early in the second half, this match became just another part of what is becoming a very worrying trend - that the Red Dragons need to score first to win.

Lineup to face Farfadillis (5-3-2): Ruo; Kang, Ren, Guo, Han, Zhu; Chen, Wen, Gu (C); Liu, Huang
Lineup to face Alba and Cymru (5-3-2): Ruo; Kang, Ren, Guo, Han, Zhu; Yang, Wen, Gu (C); Liu, Huang

A four-point lead over third-place Graintfjall gives Yuezhou some leeway with just three matches to go. But Graintfjall have by far the easier strength of schedule - with Farfadillis and Plane of Possibility, two of Yuezhou’s next three opponents, both very strong performers in the qualifiers. As such, if Yuan Zilai’s squad want to maintain control over their own destiny, a win against Alba and Cymru will be vital - and points against Farfadillis would be pretty nice as well. With significantly less margin for error, Yuan Zilai has accordingly returned to his signature 5-3-2 formation. The only change to his original starters is the introduction of Wen Xiaohui, previously only a starter when Yuan played four men at the back, into the midfield three. Wen will be flanked by versatile captain Gu Zhalei, as well as the more defensive-minded Chen Xiwei against Farfadillis and the better presser, Yang Tao, against Alba and Cymru.
Last edited by Yue Zhou on Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Republics of Yuezhou (月州联合共和国)
Leader: President Zhuang Weilun
Capital: Nangang • Population: ~35,000,000

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:04 pm

Home >> Sports >> International

Twicetagrien Premier League: Will the company teams please stand up?
by Antonov Vasilyev

Honestly speaking, thank god some company teams exists, although most of them are probably here just as company assets or award cabinets. Like seriously, I wouldn’t have tasted the goodness of the finest Black Swan wine if they didn’t buy a team. Which is exactly what we’re looking at for today’s Premier League preview: company teams. Which exactly are the company teams? Well, after one of them were relegated to the second division, that leaves 2 teams: Black Swan Raichovskiy, and the more obscure Arsenal Karaviyta.

Black Swan Raichovskiy
What's the narrative in 20 words?
Despite being a very hated side, Black Swan have surprised few by finishing 3rd, with help from their expensive newcomers.

How did last season go for them?
After bringing in some expensive, yet perfect bangers to the team, Black Swan has gone on an all time high, finishing in their best ever position. Yes, even if you take into calculation their old predecessor FK Raichovskiy.

Got any interesting stats from last season?
Julien Schweppes is the one of the most successful sides in domestic Twicetagrien football, with an overall 235-156-103 WDL record.

Any transfer news?
Black Swan have once again splurged the cash, spending a total of 104¥ million. Most of the new signings are youth prospects that are breaking through, as well as Haniet, the national team’s second man.
In: Zarakow, Dienmenn, Haniet, Ruystyov, Channet
Out: Duhon

Fun fact about the manager?
Schweppes is the youngest manager in the Premier League, managing Black Swan at a young age of 37 years and 189 days.

Where will they hope to finish?
With their new signings as well as homegrown talent Black Swan are definitely aiming for the top, but with the indestructible thrones of Drakonia and Imperial they’ll probably settle for 4th.

Our Verdict: 4th

Arsenal Karaviyta

What's the narrative in 20 words?
Despite being less relevant, Arsenal Karaviyta have, however unbelievable, surprised the lot of us by a strong 5th place finish.

How did last season go for them?
Arsenal surprised everyone by going on a 13-game unbeaten streak, breaking club records on the way as well. Their mediocre signings have really made an impact on the domestic side of things.

Got any interesting stats from last season?
Arsenal keeper Dani Yogchov has conceded the most long shots in the league, with an unlucky 12 goals.

Any transfer news?
Despite surprising us with very mediocre and useless signings, Arsenal this season has actually gone smart and not buy anyone, except a youth player said to be the next Augustin Vladimirescu.
In: Charovsky
Out: NIL

Fun fact about the manager?
Tomás Hennés is the most successful werewolf manager, with a total of 535 wins to his name. Irrelevant to Football, he was voted 4th in Clarity’s TOP 100 Hottest Twicetagriens. Not bad for a 41-year old werewolf.

Where will they hope to finish?
Despite last season’s Cinderella tale, another top 5 finish is doubtful, not even with Hennés’ looks. They’ll definitely take 7th place any day.

Our Verdict: 7th
johnathan

Mavinet
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavinet » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:30 pm

© Dai Hoa Times
World Cup 86: Mavinet dropped points in crucial stage of the home stretch
Nguyen Hong Dang, Football Correspondent

The World Cup 86 qualifying stage is winding down to its last few matches. In Group 4, Mavinet are having an overall good campaign, but the latest slip up against Unimon might bring us to the end of the line a little bit faster than we would want.

The team traveled to Unimon on the back of the 2-1 win against Sharktail. Having overcame the tougher challenge in Sharktail with Lam Tri Thong and Vo Thanh Hai on the scoresheet, the Water Buffaloes seeked to get the full 3 points at Unimon’s. Not only would that sustain Mavinet’s hope of getting to the qualifying play-off by finishing second in the group, but also would clear up the shame of losing 0-1 at home to the lower-ranked team back in the first leg. The final result, however, left Mavinet with more embarrassment and seriously hinder the team’s chance to progress from the qualifying stage.

Unimon, played with their usual 4-4-2 formation, employed a defensive approach to the match. Head Coach Nguyen Minh Quan rested several regular starters for this match, including Vo Thanh Hai and Ho Vu Thanh Hoang, who were tied with one another on the top scorer list with 8 goals each. Pham Thai Gia was handed one of his few starting appearances during this campaign, and he made sure to take good use of it. The Phuc Chau’s striker produced a magical moment in the 13th minute when he individually took on 4 Unimon players before beating the goalkeeper to make it 1-0 for Mavinet.

Mavinet doubled the lead, again thanks to Pham Thai Gia, in the 26th minute. The ball was picked up in midfield by Lam Tri Thong after Tom Wood misplaced a pass to Jon Iol, and a quick pass up the field found the sprinting Ha Anh Vu on the left wing, who then made a cross that found Pham Thai Gia in the box. There was still much to do, but the striker span away from Gavin Sillitoe brilliantly before firing into the bottom corner. It was absolutely clinical.

The two goals left the rest of the first half firmly in Mavinese feet. However, things turned to Mavinet’s disadvantage in the second half. A reckless challenge with Ricky Duncan brought Do Tan Thanh a straight red card in the 51st minute. Reduced to playing with 10 players, Mavinet had to fall back and lost the momentum in offense. Unimon made good use of the number advantage with continuous attacks. One of those turned into a goal in the 58th minute with Ricky Duncan fired in from inside the area.

The pressure piled up after that with Unimon, having a morale boost from the goal and the home fans, surged up the field to find the equalizer. Mavinet were up against it for much of the second half time but finally buckled in the dying minutes of the game. Another defensive mistake from Ha Van Thao gave away a penalty to Unimon in the 87th minute, from which Anthony Morris successfully converted to bring the game back to square one with too little time left to create any further difference. The points are shared with Head Coach Minh Quan’s side obviously felt more frustrated than content.

With the untimely draw, Mavinet are now trailing 2 points from the second place team, Terre Septentrionale. Out of the three teams competing for a spot in the top 2, Mavinet have the toughest remaining fixtures with a match against top team Nephara up next. The Septentrional will be sure to take advantage of the match against Unimon to extend the gap with Mavinet, while New Lusitania will also try to overtake the Water Buffaloes with their matches against Damukuni and Hwiccemark. The odds are firmly against Mavinet, but considering the current position in the group is already a success, perhaps it is more important to focus on finishing the campaign as strong as possible.

MD14
MAVINET - 2
32' Lam Tri Thong
66' Vo Thanh Hai

Red card: Do Tan Thanh

SHARKTAIL - 1
49' Chandra

MD15
UNIMON - 2
58' Ricky Duncan
87' Anthony Morris

MAVINET - 2
13' Pham Thai Gia
26' Pham Thai Gia
    Champion: Baptism of Fire 72
    Third place: Di Bradini Cup 47

Tikariot
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tikariot » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:05 pm

The picture fades in to the old citadel of Tikariot City, perched upon a precipice reaching into the Rhovanyon Sea, its majestic towers illuminated in gold and purple lighting against the pitch black night sky. The flag of Tikariot is flying on top of one of them, white light making it stand out, fluttering in a strong breeze coming in from the bay. The opening acoustic guitar of Primordial's "Wield Lightning to Split the Sun" begins to sound, together with the almost tribal sounding drums. The camera slowly zooms out and turns towards the promenade running along the Tikariot City bayside, all calm in the late evening hours with only few pedestrians braving the stiff breeze. Then as the thundering riff sets in, the tranquil scene suddenly changes as the flickering light of torches comes into view, carried by a large number of black-clad people, between which more Tikariotian flags are flying in the wind as well as some with the head of a snowy owl, the mascot of the Tikariotian national football team. More and more file out onto the promenade, their lips moving with what seems to be a chant as they march down the worn wooden planks.

Next the picture cuts to a spot on the promenade, ahead of the group, the camera zoomed into the dancing flames, at first blurry, then slowly focusing and zooming out. At the same time the music fades away and the chant of the men and women begins to fade in: "WE ARE PURPLE, WE ARE BLACK, WE ARE THE THUNDER!" The crowd parts as they reach the cameraman, many of the faces painted black and purple. The picture fades to black.

"The World Cup fever has taken over Tikariot and has pushed an already football crazy nation towards the edge of a national frenzy. Today we will take a look at football in Tikariot and its fan scene."

The picture cuts to a collage of different stadiums in Tikariot, from the modern Dhaencunor Arena in Tikariot City over the Citadel of the North of Fort Viljan to the almost citadel like Temple of the Crow in Bul Kungur and the impressive Mountain Fortress of Oriannor that had been partially blasted out of the side of a mountain, all of them at first empty, then full, with the purple and gold of the Tikariot City FC, the blue red of the Bul Khungur Miners FC or the orange and dark blue of the Oriannor Mountaineers FC.

"No matter which corner of the country you look you will find children playing football in parks, in fields, on the streets. Every city, every town, every village has at least one football team and a lot of people cheering for them. But how did this--"

The picture shows a few kids playing football in a little park.

"Turn to this?"

The picture cuts to scenes from the quarter final match between Tikariot and Græntfjall at the Baptism of Fire. We see a bird's eye view of the stadium, The Cove, the stands tightly packed, with the section behind one of the goals seemingly filled with the same black-clad group we had seen earlier. There is not much time left before the game starts because the big screens at either end of the stadium are running a countdown that is about to reach 5 minutes. The picture cuts to the wall of robed Tikariot fans, each still with their hoods on, still completely silent. The screen now switches to show the Tikariotian flag and underneath the words "Starting line-up". Then as each picture of the Tikariot players shows up on the screen, the whole group in unison yells out the player's name, the rest of the crowd falling silent in surprise.

"To get to the root of the phenomenon, we spoke with people from very different backgrounds to see how 'it' happened."

A lecture hall at a university, a man with a long, white beard in front of them going through a presentation. Then the picture cuts to him sitting in his office with the caption saying "Prof. Colton Brentford - Professor of Sociology Emerald Coast University".

Prof. Colton Brentford: Football has a very long-standing tradition in Tikariot and it is one of the biggest grassroots movements of the country. From the youngest age on children are exposed to football, be it on TV, in magazines, in the local club or just with their friends. Support of a team often is handed down through the generations, creating a kind of familiar movement, where people of all ages and genders bond over the support of a team, local or national. Quite similar to this phenomenon of a brotherhood between heavy metal fans that form a tight unit based on the common ground they immediately find with like minds, the individual becomes part of a far bigger group that takes on its very own dynamics."

The picture shows the stadium of a small team with whole families in the stands wearing the club colours, cheering.

Prof. Brentford: It becomes a social phenomenon, a routine, where every weekend you go to the stadium and cheer for your team. Then as the team becomes more popular or support is found for one of the first division clubs, it often leads to a membership in one of the fan clubs, organizing the supporters, who then begin to accompany their team of choice to away games, building more momentum by finding more and more members of their group all across the nation.

And part of this is the relative simplicity of football. You can play it anywhere, with a ball, with a can, against a door as a goal or just two sticks in the ground. If you look at gridiron football or hockey, where you need a whole armory of equipment or polo, where you need a horse, football, or soccer as some people call it, enables the fans to immediately connect with the game and the players, because many of them have either played it as children themselves or still as adults. And it continues on into this very different group behaviour, where you shed your everyday self and have the freedom to act completely "out of character", if you will, singing, chanting, complaining about the opponents, the referees, it can be like a release valve, where people can let off steam and forget their worries at least for a while.

The picture returns to the fans marching through Tikariot City and one fan in particular that has stopped in front of the camera, with the caption "Ian Brannigan - Football fan".

Ian Brannigan: Football is my escape from reality. I work in a factory, so it's very repetitive. When I go to the stadium, I can let loose, I don't have to worry. My friends here don't judge me, they don't care where I work or where I live. The only thing that matters is that we support the same team. I became a fan of the Rams when I was a kid, because my father and my uncle also were fans, it is like a tradition and the other fans are my family away from home.

The picture shows the Dragonscrest Stadium in Port Tacassam, home of the Port Tacassam FC, also known as the Rams. Big sections of the stands are filled with people of all ages in white and purple jerseys, with scarves, facepaint and banners and flags.

Brannigan: I drive or fly to most away games as well, I even plan my vacation time around longer trips to get the most out of it and not missing any work for it. Yes, it is not cheap, but it helps me emotionally so much that I don't care.

The next picture shows the studios of Tikariot Sports TV, the station covering the World Cup qualification. The next shot shows three of the men next to each other, the captions saying "Alistair McIntosh, Duncan Haldane, Martin Seagrave - Tikariot Sports TV Football journalists".

Alistair McIntosh: I've been a lifelong fan of football and it's this intensity and how it touches so many people, getting them involved on such a wide level that drew me in and still has me in its clutches, so to say, I guess I'm a lifer.

Duncan Haldane: We get so many letters and emails from fans that both agree and disagree with us, it is amazing. Some of the criticism is well-founded, some, let's say not so much, but we get a lot of questions about football, the studio and how things work, which shows that people care about this a lot.

Martin Seagrave: Now ever since the national team was formed and has started to play at tournaments, the whole thing has taken on a completely new dimension. Now there is this national pride involved that you don't see when the clubs play. There is this overarching feeling of unity, where it doesn't just not matter where someone works or is from, but it doesn't matter anymore either which team they support, they are all one and that to me has been the most amazing thing to witness, how this has grown so much and brought people even closer together.

Alistair McIntosh: And the beauty of it is that it is all completely peaceful, you don't have any hooligans or other excesses, instead they have bonded and have created this almost ritual with everybody wearing black and the torches, with the Thunder Clap and the whole "We are the Thunder" chants and shirts and flags and everything.

The picture returns to the promenade of Tikariot City, where the large group of fans has passed and silence once more has taken over. The camera moves back towards the flag on top of the tower of the citadel, still flapping in the wind.

"And this is how 'it' happened. And it all has literally just started, who knows where it might still lead? We will be keeping an eye on it and see how it continues to develop."

The picture fades to black.
Last edited by Tikariot on Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikariot - Rushmore - Trigramme: TKT
Sporting achievements:
Football: Ro16 (and group winner) WC87 | Winner - IFC 1 | Quarter final - BoF 73 | 3rd in group WCQ86
Baseball: Winner - International Baseball Slam XI | Round of 16 - World Baseball Classic 49/50/51
Hosting: IBS XII, Copa Rushmori 36, WBC 51, World Cup 89
NS Sports Miniflags

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:57 pm

THE EMPIRE TIMES

A Treble For Eastall

Oliver Eastall picked up man of the match after scoring a hat-trick to in his first starting appearance for the current World Cup qualifiers as the Eagles beat Tamgu in sensational style. The 29-year-old Jollipville United striker scored a perfect hat-trick with a left foot shot, a right foot shot and off his head. Eastall was the difference in an even first half, first of all winning the ball on the halfway line before running all the way and slotting home. His second was also a break from midfield after Ty Freltron won possession. Tamgu were in the game until that stage but the Eagles ran away with it in the second half. Eastall headed the ball in from Rhys Lornet’s cross for his first international hat-trick, before Freltron blasted home a fourth minutes later.

A long-range strike and a deflected effort brought huge roars from the visiting fans but they had left their comeback far too late. Eastall has had a slow start on his international career having previously only having scored 5 goals total. He had not been part of the starting line up at all during these qualifiers and had only started once in the 85th World Cup qualifiers and always from the bench during the last Cup of Harmony but after today’s performance they should be no doubt left in Lewis Parry’s mind that Eastall can’t start more matches. It was not just his goals which were impressive. He caused so many problems for Tamgu with surging runs down both flanks and through the centre, as well as some testing crosses but he and those that watched the match will certainly remember his goals.

His first was all his own work as he won it from the Tamgu midfielder before skipping past the defender and slotting home. Then Freltron stole the ball off a Tamgu defender before finding Eastall, who did the rest. After the break, he popped up with an unlikely header to round out his hatrrick. Freltron's fierce drive into the bottom corner while cementing the win was looked at as just another goal compared to the cheering from the goals by Eastall.

Tamgu’s striker missed three good first-half chances for the visiting side, with Polinoir making a good stop from a deflected hit by a Tamgu midfielder.The game was basically over after Eastall’s magic moments moments but the visiting fans will wonder what could have been had their two goals both assisted by an 84th-minute substitute had been scored 10 minutes earlier.

The Eagles will be looking to take this recent form into the next match as they face off against table leaders Banija and keep within striking distance to qualify for the World Cup proper. After losing 6-1 to number 1 team in the world they know it won’t be easy but Parry believes that should they play at 100% for the entire match they just bring home at least one point “It isn’t going to be easy and we must be on our toes and committed for the entire match, a draw would be nice a win would be even better”.

Eagles Start Well But Go Down 4-1

The Eagles were in control for the entirety of the first half, perhaps some complacency from Banija helped to put the visiting side in the lead thanks to a Hunter effort but the group leaders threatened more after the interval and, in the space of just two minutes, they led at Electra Stadium. Goals from Kahara and Jawara turned the game around while a red card for Jason Potts took out any remaining steam from the Eagles

The Eagles were on the front foot early on and, after eight minutes, Oliver Eastall chipped François Tantoh, but Kuma Bultum intervened to clear the danger for the home side. After 23 minutes of threatning play the Eagles deservedly went ahead as Ryan Hunter leapt into action to seize upon a loose ball in the area, following an Ty Freltron effort, to bundle it into the net. John Miller combined well with Paul Credab to apply pressure down the left wing in the 37th minute and he played an inviting backwards pass right into Eastall’s path. He tool it under control turned Demba Kinteh and took a shot that was only parried around the post by the fingertips of Tantoh. On the cusp of half-time, Banija provided a scare for the Eagles, with Madu Okparra sending a curler towards Henry Polinoir’s top corner but he was able to tip it over the crossbar.

After the break, a mix-up between Polinior and David Parson, ended with the centreback fouling Gitonga Kahara in the area and the match was flipped on its head. Ilman Jawara stepped up to take the spot-kick and sent Polinoir the wrong way. Just a minute later, the home side was ahead as Kahara squeezed a shot into the net. As the home side celebrated, a clash between Okparra and Jason Potts in the Eagle’s net ended with the latter being shown a straight red card for kicking out at the Banija striker. From then on, the home side were able to use their numerical advantage to cement themselves a win and qualify for the World Cup. An own goal was followed by another for Kahara.

The loss makes it 4 so far for the Eagles who now can’t finish first in the group, however, will be hoping to make up the 5 point gap between them and Chromatika as they look to be one of the better second place teams to qualify.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

95X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

95X Final RP

Postby 95X » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:41 am

(OOC: In light of current, ongoing events, I have decided to post this now.)

Shortly after the 95X National Team finished their final game of the World Cup 86 cycle, whenever and whatever it was, the jail warden was stunned.

Bo Foureleven and Eleven Foureleven were each last seen in their respective male or female cellblock, but were nowhere to be found. They weren’t on the discharge records, nor were they even on the jail roster. It was as if they were booked and lost. Calls to the prosecutors’ offices were met with blank replies; “what charges” they asked, like they didn’t know either.

Most other well-known (or, as well-known as a 95Xer can get) 95Xers were also nowhere to be found in the multiverse.

Sarah Foureleven heard from Jordyn, who kept being healed a secret. Jordyn said she was instructed to leave 95X and gave Sarah her whereabouts. When they met, Sarah was very surprised.

“Big sis, you can walk again!” she exclaimed as she ran up to Jordyn with her arms stretched out.

“Sarah,” Jordyn asked, “we’re in our twenties, do we have to cuddle like we’re chil—”

She’s cut off as Sarah snuggled her closely. This time, Jordyn just allowed herself to accept the moment. After all, she knew Sarah wouldn’t have any other close relationships with anybody.

A vessel that was to be loaded with cheaply-made exports from 95X stopped dead in the middle of the sea, they thought they were off-course: uninhabited islands were due ahead of them, but their navigation instruments said they were just off the coast of Cascade Island. Communication channels from 95X were silent.

Even foreign intelligence agencies reported being unable to reach their 95X contacts.

Records still existed. The past had happened, the present didn’t seem to relate to anything at all.

Off the coast, two women who seemed to know something gazed at the islands.

“If not 95X, I’m sure an even greater nation will make use of these islands,” one said to the other.

Meanwhile, elsewhere…

That couldn’t be Jason Ninetyfivex at a bus stop, could it? Nothing a shave couldn’t fix, but he did get a few glances until an old but capable 40-foot Gillig Phantom pulls up to the stop. The bus driver opened the door and asked without judging, “Well, I’m alright with the packed bags, you’re not running away from somewhere are you?”

“Nope,” he responded to the bus driver as he showed his bus pass and boarded by lugging his bags onto the bus.

“I rarely have many riders this time of the day,” the driver said, “you can sit up front if it makes things easier for you.”

“Thank you”, the passenger replied.

“So, where am I taking you?” the driver asked.

“The Intermodal Station”, said the passenger.

“That’s the last stop on my route”, the driver responded.

Being the sort to know when someone could use a light chat, he continued to safely drive the bus as he asked the passenger something.

“Things didn’t work out for you?” he asked.

The passenger, staring at the floor, shook his head slightly.

“I’m the kind of person that knows when I’ve been around for too long,” the passenger started, as the driver pulled up to the next bus stop and boarded another passenger. The bus was quiet for a few minutes, as the other passenger was going to a grocery store a few blocks from where they started.

“There’s a Chinese proverb, ‘may you live in interesting times’,” the bus driver consoled while continuing the route.

“I’ve liked the saying, ‘an expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field’,” the passenger responded. “Another bus driver I once knew quoted it.”

The driver nodded and continued on the route. Nothing else was said until the final stop on the route.

“Well, sir, this is the Intermodal Station. Wherever life takes you, good luck and stay safe.”

“Thank you, I will. Good night!” the passenger sincerely thanked the driver as he exited the bus and walked into the station building.

(Closing credits scroll over a black screen while this song plays.)
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Is it sad that some I learned AO4LIFE from are no longer in Atlantian Oceania?
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 Champions!

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:15 am

New Lusitania 2 - 3 Nephara
(4-4-2 / 4-3-3) 1 - Mercator; 2 - Stride, 5 - Thorn (c), 6 - Brosch, 19 - Strassman; 7 - Kuepper (13 - Belgrade 65'), 4 - Shone (15 - Kastriot 70'), 21 - Moxham, 11 - Deventer; 9 - Bastable, 10 - Lovelace (8 - Cromwell 79')
Goals: Lovelace 27', Bastable 47', Moxham 51'
Nephara 5 - 2 Sharktail
(4-4-2) 1 - Mercator; 2 - Stride (18 - Rostock 72'), 5 - Thorn (c), 6 - Brosch, 19 - Strassman; 13 - Belgrade (23 - Mrdja 64'), 4 - Shone, 21 - Moxham (8 - Cromwell 64'), 11 - Deventer; 14 - Tzorvas, 10 - Lovelace
Goals: Deventer 8', Tzorvas 26', Lovelace 33', Thorn 40', Mrdja 76'

Aranea Provost was in a foul mood.
The qualifiers, in her personal narrative she'd built up prior to their beginning, were where she'd stake her claim for regular starts once and for all. Where she'd stop becoming the prospect and start becoming The Real Deal.
And, sure, she'd made a handful of appearances. Alexandra Markgraf and Konrad Matheny had each debuted. But really, from the start, it had become clear that Hesterine Mercator had Strauss' faith as long as she wanted it. Home and away against Terre. Home and away against New Lusitania. Home and, probably, away against Mavinet. She was the one Strauss trusted in the big occasions.
So what if she'd been between the posts for the past four tournaments, with Nephara managing podium finishes in each? So what if she had a telepathic understanding with the captain and her side-bitch in the heart of defence?
Anyway, the situation had congealed and the frustration was beginning to fester, as Rutger Kolar - an excellent goalkeeping coach but merely an average Premiership goalkeeper in his heyday - lead them through the drills. Shots, low and hard. Get down. Smother. Throw back. Get up fast. Pounce on the other ball rolling across the face of goal. Easy.
"Wow, Nea. That was shit," commented Markgraf, a helpful personality, as Provost somehow got it all twisted and let the cross hit her right in the face.
The Holdenberg goalkeeper rubbed her nose furiously. "Shut up."
Rutger Kolar frowned. Gave her an appraising look. He knew Provost reacted well to being taunted and pushed. The kind of springy, resilient personality that would push back, try and prove someone wrong from spite. And if today she was sulking...
He turned to Markgraf, the junior of the trio. Well, not in years. "See, Nea's problem is she thinks she's the best player in the goddamn world, only we're too stupid to see it. So maybe if she shits it up enough at training, uh... fuck, Nea, what exactly is the plan?"
No immediate response. Mercator did the drill flawlessly. Markgraf did the drill flawlessly. Provost did the drill flawlessly and then hurled the ball at Kolar's face.
Fortunately, Kolar had training in the matter, caught it cleanly and chuckled. "Ooh, I think she's mad. You reckon she's mad, Hester?"
Mercator grunted noncommittally.
"Reckon she's mad," repeated Kolar. Mercator did the drill. Markgraf stepped up.
"Sometimes you need to be patient," Mercator said, eventually. That was novel. Words? From Mercator? "I was like 23 when the Harriers sent me out on loan. Third-choice before that. Now look."
Provost glowered back. "Imagine being shit enough to be third-fucking-choice."
"We can't all be from hick towns desperate to throw kids into the fire," said Markgraf, smirking. This was bold, given that Markgraf's breakthrough had come from hick Ritter Town hurling her into the fire, but Provost was too busy being indignant to pick up on it.
"Okay, one, imagine be--"
"Drill, Nea!"
Provost grunted and raced into the drill.
When she was done, she dusted herself off. "One, you're from fucking Chenoworth, you're from fucking... where even are you from, Alex?"
"Ritter."
"Never heard of it," she said breezily, which was true. She'd never paid much attention to football as a sport outside of its relevance to her. "Second, Brookford is not a hick town, hick towns do not become the centre of lobster fishing and illegal whaling on the Brine. Third-- ow!"
Another football smacked Provost in the chops. The young Coasti glared at the direction it came from, only to be struck by another.
"Are you done?" Mercator asked, blandly.
"What? No--"
Mercator picked up another loose ball and flung it at Provost. Instinct sort-of took over and punched it aside. "What the fuck, Hester? You can't accept a few home truths, huh?"
"Your tantrum was boring, but it's not that. Proving a point. Throw a ball at me and I will catch it. Any time that I am awake. You fall asleep. That's fine for bad teams like Brookford were, but not Nephara. You can stand there for eighty-nine minutes scratching your tits and then have to catch a cross out of nowhere. I'd do it. You'd be asleep."
She licked her lips. The others were silent, for a time. Was that as many words as they'd ever heard Mercator say?
Sensing the awkwardness, Mercator added, "That's my point. You can start talking, now."
"Thanks, Hester."
"No probl-"
"No-one asked, Hester." But even so, it did mollify Provost for the rest of the session. Hell... maybe even gave her a lesson to learn.
Not that she'd ever, ever admit it.

NEPHARAN NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - FORTNIGHT 9
Goalkeepers:
1 - Hesterine Mercator (Ulsa, EUR), 12 - Alexandra Markgraf (Sabrefell Moths), 20 - Aranea Provost (Holdenberg, EUR)
Defenders: 2 - Rovena Stride (AFC Treason), 3 - Vivica Muscadin (Sabrefell Moths), 5 - Roxelana Thorn (Revolutionaries, EUR, c), 6 - Ilyana Brosch (Brinemouth), 18 - Linde Rostock (Stahlburg City), 19 - Bremusa Strassman (Crisisbless), 22 - Gabriel Lockheed (AFC Treason)
Midfielders: 4 - Tawny Shone (Sabrefell Moths), 7 - Marica Kuepper (Jungle Strike, VIL), 8 - Lothaire Cromwell (AFC Treason), 11 - Morena Deventer (Brinemouth), 13 - Ysabet Belgrade (Sabrefell Moths), 15 - Mercurio Kastriot (Crisisbless), 16 - Rasmus Caracole (Coret Hawks), 21 - Chimera Moxham (Ulsa, EUR)
Forwards: 9 - Kurtis Bastable (Ulsa, EUR), 10 - Konrad Lovelace (Revolutionaries, EUR), 14 - Arista Tzorvas (CA Paulinthal, PAS), 17 - Latona Basilisk (Coret Hawks), 23 - Traudl Mrdja (Vermillion Rage)

SCHEDULE
Nephara 4 - 1 Hwiccemark @ The Iron Hill (Vermillion)
Unimon 3 - 4 Nephara
Nephara 3
- 0 The Minarchist Free State @ Ludd's Hammer (Stahlburg)
Terre Septentrionale 0 - 5 Nephara
Nephara 3 - 2 New Lusitania @ Eagle's Club (Brinemouth)
Sharktail 2 - 4 Nephara
Nephara 2 - 1 Mavinet @ Farham Arena (Sabrefell)
Nephara 4 - 0 Havynwilde @ The Gauntlet (Treason)
Damukuni 1 - 5 Nephara
Hwiccemark 2 - 4 Nephara
Nephara 1
- 0 Unimon @ Phoenix Rise (Corvistone)
The Minarchist Free State 0 - 2 Nephara
Nephara 6
- 3 Terre Septentrionale @ Farham Arena (Sabrefell)
New Lusitania 2 - 3 Nephara
Nephara 5
- 2 Sharktail @ Eagle's Club (Brinemouth)
Mavinet vs. Nephara
Havynwilde vs. Nephara
Nephara vs. Damukuni @ The Gauntlet (Treason)
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

The Gothanita Isles
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gothanita Isles » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:37 am

This RP is split into 2 parts for comparison, do refer to the Poafmersia RP as provided in the links below for the 2nd half of this RP Story.

Previous RP (TGI - Ch 2 Part 13)
Previous RP (Poafmersia - Ch 2 Part 14)
Part 15b (Poafmersia)
RP Series: Getting to the top
Chapter 2: A tale of 2 nations
Part 15a: Work Attitude

When Kartal finally broke the entire team's goalless streak to score against Quakmybush, it was a sense of relief for the team who were suffering from a really bad run in the qualifiers. The team went 9 games without scoring a single goal, and the last time they did, it was away at Quakmybush where they stole a really big win against the 5th seeds. However, things would later explode, where they conceded two more goals and fail to get anything back against the opponents to hand the Yellow Lions their 9th loss in the tournament. Of course, the match was really ridiculous, considering that the opponents literally found anything and everything to deal with the threats that came up, and a lack of roster for the opponents meant that it was impossible to determine which player is which among the 11 opponents that were on the field, except for the keeper of course.
The entire campaign thus far has been really on the extremes. The team scored a whole lot during the Baptism of Fire, making 22 goals in the first 7 games. Now, they have been bust with just 5 goals thus far in 15 games. It pales in comparison to World Number 1 and group toppers Banija, who have obtained 74 goals in 15 games. The team switched from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-1-2-1-2 in search for goals, but found just none and went back to a 4-2-3-1. Yes, the latter helped to boost the defence, but merely getting in draws after draws was absolutely useless for a team that is already in such a poor form. When the goals came back, they had to lose against Quakmybush. Yes, on paper, it was okay because they were 5th seeds, but seriously, against a team who did not even had the courtesy to post a roster and had publish any form of information about their team, tactics and anything, you cannot simply lose. Of course, the heads may have to roll, as the Gothanita Isles Football Confederation (GIFC) may have to look overseas for a coach willing to take up this team. A co-coach system may work with 2 coaches on the club level, but when it comes to 4 coaches on the national team level, it may do more harm than good. Fans have been calling for the GIFC to rethink the philosophy behind how the national team should be managed, and call for a proper manager, local or overseas, to come and manage the national team. Whether that would actually work out depends on how the players agree to the change, and who they would invite to come and take over the team.

For Ladislaya Tyler, the loss against Quakmybush was a personal rebuff.
She could never think of how the team failed to score over and over again, and when they did, the defence just imploded to end their streak of 3 consecutive games without conceding. "What exactly is going on?" she asked the team back in dressing room. "Our defence just exploded in minutes the moment we came back from the half time, and it seems that everyone doesn't really know how to manage the difference between defending and attacking?"
The players looked at each other, unable to explain to vice-captain Ladislaya why everything happened the way they did.
"Honestly, I don't like how our team is going. Low morale after trashings after trashings, yes it is true with big losses against Chromatika and Banija, but apart from those 2 teams, we can do very well suddenly and explode in the next match. We held Xanneria, an ultra-offensive side to a goalless draw away, and now, we just have to implode against Quakmybush? I don't know, honestly, I feel as frustrated as the coaches are. Just when we, the offence team, trained and broke our goalless streak, the defenders forgot how to defend and over-committed forward once again? After that it felt like everyone just switched off and the fighting spirit was gone. The home fans literally booed us off the pitch, and I don't think I can blame them for that. That performance showed that there are some players undeserving of the T-shirt here. Do we deserve to continue in this manner, or should we just disband?" The players looked in shocked silence as Ladislaya continued to lash out at everyone over that poor performance. Only when captain Thulile Bolkvadze intervened than she stopped, and walked back to her seat in the dressing room.
Thulile called the meeting off, and asked everyone to get to the airport earlier later that day so that they could travel for their next match. As Thulile and Ladislaya remained alone in the room, they sat down to talk.
"What is with that outburst - you know that shouting at everyone else doesn't work," said Thulile.
"Sometimes, I just feel that we are being too nice with everyone, that they tend to take out kindness for granted. I am absolutely furious at our performance today - it just feels like a lot of players have switched off after being a goal down instead of fighting for a comeback."
"Is this hairdresser treatment what we should be doing? We aren't exactly in the best position to pull this off - the remaining of the players would think that we are pushing aside our blame and putting our blame on everyone else."
"So we leave it to the coaches to pull it? Will they?"
"You could ask them to point this out."
"They are just too nice, honestly. This performance today was ridiculous - unlike the performance against Xanneria where everyone worked together to dig deep and defend."
"What are you saying?"
"Look at what happened in Xanneria 3 days ago. Against Xanneria, the team understood that they would do their best to attack and be aggressive, so the players just pulled off a lid and tried to break on the counterattack. For that match, it was us, the offence, who failed to deliver the counterattack. However, at least everyone worked together. Against Pripet Socialist Republic or the Free Republics of Hong Kong, something similar was there too - we were looking to attack on the counterattack, and yet you could tell that everyone was working together and trying their best. Today, what was best? Nothing! The defenders just let the flood gates open, and then refused to try their best to get back the ball so us, as offence, are found stuck with no ball coming towards us."
"You are just defending your performance. Look - against Xanneria, I could accuse you and the entire front line of failing to try hard enough to get enough shots on target. How many shots did we get there? 6 shots in total as compared to the home side's 28. How many shots were on target? Just 1, which was by Grigorii."
"Did we not try hard enough there?"
"Did the defenders not try hard enough? You were in front all the time and didn't see the entire situation. I am standing in front of goal, and could see it for myself. Yes, they had lapses in concentration and didn't work hard towards the end, but for the first half, they did quite well. Did you score one more? After Abdelkader scored the first one, you guys looked like it was enough. Before you talk, you guys should work on your link-up plays and finishing. Get your finishing back to the levels that you guys produced in the first half of the Baptism of Fire. Once that is done, maybe you are in a position to talk."

Xanneria 0

The Gothanita Isles 0

Starting 11: Thulile Bolkvadze; Jeanette Ross, Abu Bakr Ekmekçi, Saif al-Din Kartal, Gerhard Abraham; Remus McQueen, Sardar Chaplin; Grigorii McCrory, Ladislava Tyler, Vladan Bloxam; Salwah Sadık
Substitute: Chloe Brewster (McQueen 48'); Charlee Harel (Abraham 67')

The Gothanita Isles 1
Kartal 27' (Assisted by Tyler)

Quakmybush 3
?? 8'
??? 50'; 60'

Starting 11: Thulile Bolkvadze; Ayokunle Christian, Den Benjaminson, Saif al-Din Kartal, Gerhard Abraham; Remus McQueen, Sardar Chaplin; Grigorii McCrory, Ladislava Tyler, Cyneburga London; Abdelkader Kartal
Substitutes: Abu Bakr Ekmekçi (Benjaminson 63'); Stefanie Salzwedel (McCrory 72'); Chloe Brewster (Chaplin 82')
Last edited by The Gothanita Isles on Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incorporated States of The Gothanita Isles (GTI)
"4 states, 1 isles."
Members of the Isles include: North Handoria, South Jeolerina, Hallikshire and Otksarin.

Reporting the Nationstates World Cup live:
Follow the ongoing World Cup Qualifiers (91st): https://bit.ly/NSSWCQ91
Planned microsite for the upcoming World Cup (91st) and Cup of Harmony (83rd): https://bit.ly/WC91CoH83

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports