NATION

PASSWORD

AVBF Rugby 7's VI OOC Discussion

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:49 am

We're going.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:56 am

Sure, I'll send a team in.

North Alezia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby North Alezia » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:40 am

Well, let's try.
I'm in boi
FEDERATION OF NORTH ALEZIA

Member of the Alezian Union

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:12 pm

Two more. We can do it!
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:16 pm

What is this, 45% of a rugby team? Count us in!
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Esportivan Darmen
Attaché

Founded: Jul 01, 2020
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Esportivan Darmen » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:09 pm

Darmen wrote:Beer! Rugby! What could go wrong‽

A group of twelve rugby loving teetotalers shows up.

Numbers puppet, feel free to replace if someone else wants in.
Overseas Region of Esportivan Darmen
Regional President: Aston West (REP) | Capital: Cayo Costa | Population: 139,457 | Demonym: Esportivan Darmeni, Darmeni | Trigramme: ESD
Factbook (WIP)
Third: CE 12 (as Earo), CE 26 (as SEU), CE 28

Overseas Region of Darmen and successor state to the Southern Esportivan Union

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:10 am

With that rowdy group, we have hit our target.

Closed to new sign ups (unless we get a non-puppet begging to get in.)

Work on a draw, groups and a schedule begin, expect the Everything thread in the next 36 hours.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:05 am

My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:15 am

Also, I should add that if anyone wants a different IC name displayed in the scoring for their nation, now is the time to tell me. Thanks.
My Factbook

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:31 am

Neu Engollon wrote:Also, I should add that if anyone wants a different IC name displayed in the scoring for their nation, now is the time to tell me. Thanks.

Just shortening it to Quebec would be good. It has been done by various hosts in past, for mostly convenience's sake, and I had no problem with it at all :)
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Hannasea
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hannasea » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:35 am

I normally go by "The Hannasean Federation" but it's NBD. Also, could anyone invite me to the NSRB Discord please?
Last edited by Hannasea on Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:00 am

Both of these name issues have been corrected.
My Factbook

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:41 am

Still unable to get onto the internet where I am (I'm currently piggybacking off of a cafe's free WiFi) so if I start choking this tournament you'll all know why. I'll try and come up with an IC reason for it when I get the chance and if that happens.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:53 am

Someone brought up in a post and I want to also stress: There is NO such thing as Coronavirus/Covid or related, similar viruses at the AVBF or anywhere on my IC timeline. Please don't RP about that as it certainly won't help you with RP bonus. Please if someone does RP that, I'd appreciate it if the rest of you don't jump on that wagon too. Just ignore it because fuck rona!
We don't need to drag it into our RPs too. Let it stay out there away from our escape mechanism.
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:11 pm

Sorry for the delays in scoring last night, but be aware that we will be on time tonight. That means you have roughly 7 hours from now to get those RPs/Rosters in. TG or DM me if you're trying to get your RP done and close to the cut off line.

Thanks for your understanding.
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:42 pm

Thanks everyone for hanging in there over a lightning weekend.
(IC, we're only heading into the evening matches of the first day. Hope your players didn't imbibe too much at the tents in the afternoon or at least can still run the right direction on the pitch!).

We had some upsets. Personally didn't think I would see myself in 4th and dropping fast in my group, but there I am. Shit happens. We roll with it.

Remember, there is no scorination tonight, but it is tomorrow evening instead, then the next one is late Thursday evening. So pace yourself and don't stress it too much, but do remember that this next one is that 3rd crucial, 'on the hump' scoring for the group. I expect to see some stellar RPs, and if you have time to knock out an extra bit, it could only help, right? Ruck on!
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:58 am

You all are doing great and I'd like to say thanks again for all the effort to RP. It warms my heart that this has become a much anticipated staple of the rugby 7s series/season.

Yes, I'm partial to beer themed RP, but even if it has nothing to do with beer, visiting Neu Engollon, or even rugby, you guys have been putting some excellent posts out there. Keep up the good work! Unfortunately, I know the scores haven't always reflected that. Margaret seems to be having a blast this time out.

Take heart as there's still the Plate and Bowl if you don't make Cup playoffs. There is scoring tonight with a cut off in about 12 hours.
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:08 am

Scoring cut off tonight (11 Hours from now) for final Group matches. Get them RPs in.
We find out who's going into Cup, Plate and Bowl groups, then tomorrow night is the first round for the playoffs scoring.
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:25 pm

Please note that since there was no need for Ro16, the schedule has moved up.
Next Scoring (for Semis) is Tuesday night, 22/9, and the Finals will be Thursday, 24/9.
My Factbook

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:37 pm

just wanted to say thanks to the host and good luck to all the remaining teams. For our first tourney other than the Olympics, we had a good result. Definitely will come back next time, and possibly bring the finest brews produced by BCEL for the competition as well.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:50 am

Disappointed but not surprised that I fell but, given my circumstances, I'm still glad I made it as far as I did. Good game, Abanhfleft, and best of luck to all the finalists.

Commonwealth of Baker Park wrote:just wanted to say thanks to the host and good luck to all the remaining teams. For our first tourney other than the Olympics, we had a good result. Definitely will come back next time, and possibly bring the finest brews produced by BCEL for the competition as well.

Not Neu Engollon but, as NSRB Sevens VP, I'd just like to say no worries. You put out some quite good RPs and we hope to see you again soon, whether it be for a sevens tournament or something in a different code.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:56 pm

Commonwealth of Baker Park wrote:just wanted to say thanks to the host and good luck to all the remaining teams. For our first tourney other than the Olympics, we had a good result. Definitely will come back next time, and possibly bring the finest brews produced by BCEL for the competition as well.

Daawww, thanks. And thank you for joining in. Tough break, but you're on the board now with some rank and experience in the belt. I hope your team does turn out next year, and definitely any breweries will be welcome. Always love having new folks join in the NSRB.

Elejamie wrote:Disappointed but not surprised that I fell but, given my circumstances, I'm still glad I made it as far as I did. Good game, Abanhfleft, and best of luck to all the finalists.

Again, a royal effort, good sportmanship, and I'm sorry for the tough break on the semis there. Next time out. Hopefully you get an earlier chance at redemption than next year, but at least there will be that with AVBF #7.

To the remaining finalists:
Finals scorination will be 5 hours from now. Looking at you NWK, Ko-oren, and Lisander. Get them RPs in. :D
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:41 pm

It is done. Thanks all for a great 6th edition. See you all next year for #7!
My Factbook

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:22 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
Elejamie wrote:Disappointed but not surprised that I fell but, given my circumstances, I'm still glad I made it as far as I did. Good game, Abanhfleft, and best of luck to all the finalists.

Again, a royal effort, good sportmanship, and I'm sorry for the tough break on the semis there. Next time out. Hopefully you get an earlier chance at redemption than next year, but at least there will be that with AVBF #7.

To be honest, Neu Engollon, there's nothing to apologise for. These things happen, especially as I was unable to RP properly due to me having no internet at home (and RPing with a tablet is not fun, let me tell you). But, much like everyone else, I still had a blast and I do apologise for blasting you out of the water. At least the rematch was closer.

Also, congratulations to our winners, commiserations to our losers and, as always, congratulations to Neu Engollon for hosting a brilliant tournament. We hope to see you all again soon! And, again, don't be afraid to start up your own sevens tournament, we're always open for more.

EDIT: My guys did actually have a blast playing yours, Abanhfleft. And don't worry about Graham having to learn Iyilim as there aren't any Iyilim (both the name for Native Elejamie and their language) players for the moment.
Last edited by Elejamie on Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports