NATION

PASSWORD

[RP thread] Games of the XIV Olympiad

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ioudaia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ioudaia » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:38 pm

Before the Opening Ceremonies
Orean Olympic Aquatics Centre
Orean, Liventia

Eber ben Celeas Eyal's phone binged, and he glanced at the message: "Taken care of. They're expecting you." With that, he quickened his pace towards the Aquatics Center.

An Olympic rent-a-cop was standing guard at the door, but when Eber started in on his usual press introduction, she just waved him through. A few questions later, and he found himself in a large room set up for gymnastics practice, and as he'd been led to be believe, the entire Ioudaian gymnastics team.

He started to head for one of the coaches, but he was intercepted by a gymnast. "Hey, Eber! I'm Pasiphae. I catch your show every week."

"Oh, wow! It's great to have an olympian among my fans. I'm hoping to interview some of you guys about the kind of music you listen to while you practice."

Pasiphae crossed her arms, turned a bit away from him, and rolled her eyes. "We usually have something on in the background, but not this year. Nope. Anaxagoras says it breaks his focus."

After looking confused for a second, Eber realized what she'd said. "Wait! Hang on... Mind if I start interviewing you now?" He slid his phone from his pocket and started the camera app.

"Yeah, sure. So, like I was saying, Anaxagoras banned practice music maybe three-four months ago. He said it was distracting him. Given the way he's been training, that doesn't surprise me. He's really intense these days."

"Is this new? I thought all Olympic athletes were intense."

"He's intense intense. He's a machine: practice, review the video, practice, review, practice, over and over again. He practices until the coaches send him home so he doesn't get hurt." Pasiphae gave her head a single shake. "He's inspiring. He's really driven us to try to match him, but it's completely exhausting. I mean, even more exhausting than the way practice gets before a big competition."

"Oh, wow! Could I talk to him? Music Beat doesn't really cover sports, but this sounds too good to pass up."

"You can try." Pasiphae took a look around and spotted Anaxagoras sprawled in a chair near one of the video-reviewing set-ups. "Looks like he's taking five. Better hurry, he takes only five."

She led Eber at double-time over to Anaxagoras, who eyed him with a weary expression as she introduced him. "This is Eber, one of Music Beat's hosts. Wanna be interviewed?"

Anaxagoras started his reply by checking his phone. "You've got a little under two minutes. Go."

"Pasiphae was telling me about your practice, that you're too focused for music playing in the background. OK, why?"

"I think I could have gotten gold last Games, but I didn't. I wasn't robbed, it was all my fault, my problems. But I think I can get gold this time – individual gold, and another team gold, 'course.

"So I've been working on all the little problems I had before. I think I've got most of them nailed down. Some routines look pretty slick now. I think I'm just about ready. Quals tomorrow, and that's when I'll get my first test." He checked his phone again. "Time for one more question."

"Then let me ask what I came here for: what do you listen to when you're not practicing?"

"I'm usually sleeping when I'm not practicing, but when I am listening to music, it's a mix of Toroman stuff and that Kabiruz vocal jazz, what's it called?"

"Gol-e Sorkh."

"Right. I don't understand it, but it sounds great. So much emotion in their voices, and the relaxing stuff is so chill. Yeah, that's been good for clearing my head at the end of the day." He stood up. "Got to get back to it, but good talking to you." He extended a hand, which Eber shook. "After I qualify, I expect to see you in the audience for the medal routines. You'll be there, right?" He grinned at Eber.

"Well, I wasn't-- Yeah, I'll be there." Eber returned the smile, wondering how he could score a press pass for one of the seriously premier events.

After the Opening Ceremonies
Hotel Bar, Grand Oasis Hotel
Orean, Liventia

Sophia Laskaridou set down her Black Russian and looked her ITV counterpart, Alon Megakales, straight in the eye. "How did he get a scoop like that?? I don't even know why Music Beat is here, much less why they'd send a glorified DJ to handle sports."

Alon took another sip of his beer before replying. "It looks like he got lucky: came for one thing, left with another."

Sophia glared back. "Yeah, came for pocket change and left with a jackpot." Her face took on a bitter scowl. "It's not that Eber got lucky, it's that both of our networks make their own luck, right? The whole 'I'm a lucky guy: the harder I work, the luckier I get' deal. We've got teams of people backing us up, and a bunch of us sportscasters running down leads. We should be getting lucky."

Sighing, Alon shook his head. "You've been in this business long enough to know that sometimes you just get lucky, and sometimes you just get scooped.

"Yeah, but Music Beat is 'sticky'. Their click-through ratings are already way up, and if people decide to check out their fluff pieces on the athletes, they're not looking at ours. That stuff pays our salaries."

"Fair point, but there's not much to do about it. We'll just have to bury them with our output. Music Beat will still get lucky now and again, but they just can't compete with the pros. Even Pentapolis has increased their coverage, and that girl, the podcaster –"

"Gabi Charis"

"Right... has upped her game, got a couple of big sponsors." He stopped for a second to think. "One of our networks should buy her out."

"We tried. She's not for sale. Doesn't want to deal with network management nonsense. I can't say I disagree with her."

Alon nodded firmly, and the two of them went back to drinking in silence.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:40 pm

Istria, Banija
The Diarcesian delegation in Istria marched after those of Darkmania and Darmen. The throng of its athletes set to compete mainly in Banija followed as its chrysolyncophorus (flagbearer) Cepheus of Arkess led them.

Among the spectators were a dedicated group of visitors and fans all the way from Diarcesia. They watched in awe as they observed other participating nations of all walks or creeds. There were people of all colors marching in shades of red, green, and blue, among other hues. They came together in a beautiful display of unity.

Orean, Liventia
Princess Lilli, the charming and outgoing daughter of Wochaystein's Kaiser Hannes II Rochus, was also a talented sailor in her own right. She had a strong sense of humor and was known for her bright personality.

Some people called her the Lustrous Princess, due to her appearance and the fact that Wocheystein is also a dieresis full of shining lights. Some others called her "The Warmth", due to her noble background and gentle touch.

As she held the flag of Diarcesia, the rest of the delegation behind her held golden candlesticks that enlightened their surroundings, and some of them held silent prayers to their God(s); a relatively simple and solemn affair to complement the atmosphere of the Liventian opening ceremonies.
Last edited by Diarcesia on Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:30 pm

Gold Coast International Airport
The Kalactanian delegation to the XIV Olympiad was about to take a group of charter flights from Gold Coast to Istria, where a majority of the delegation would be for the games. The flight from Gold Coast to Istria would be about 8 hours long, and across 2 time zones. Many of them did not enjoy the long flight, but at least they wouldn’t be having to fly to Orean, with the Kalactanian jets, a flight to Orean would’ve taken almost 14 hours, much longer than anyone wanted. The team would be flying on a new type of plane, one from Celestar Aerospace of Kelssek, the team was surprised to notice the colourful livery that the company had created.

The Jets that would be taking the team to Istria
The games would start in just 1 week, and many athletes had been preparing for this for their entire lives. Take Jacob Klein for example, this was his second appearance in the Olympic Games, so many members of the delegation, especially those in the Athletics event’s treated him as a sort of mentor to them, help them get off the ground. This would be possibly the biggest Olympic Games for the NKOC ever, they where entering over 90 teams and athletes across a large number of sports, and they hoped to grab some medals.

The Opening Ceremony
The Opening Ceremony was one of the best that some could remember, and the celebration of nations was beautiful to watch. As Tim Diaz brought the Kalactanian flag out, you could hear a roar of people from the upper left corner of the Olympic Stadium. About 100 Kalactanian fans where up there cheering their athletes on excitedly. The cultural presentations and the concerts highlighted what was a very fun night for those involved, and one that they would soon not forget. The final act of the night was the parade of nations, and after that was done, Kabaka Mwanga lit the Olympic torch. The games were on.

Kalactanian Archers Qualify for Knockout Rounds
All 3 Kalactanian archers that were entered in the men’s individual event have now qualified out of the first ranking round. All of them made it on close calls, finishing with the 52nd, 60th and 62nd places in the men’s individual. Carlos Hall had the top score in the event, with a score of 658. Hall had many good shots at the start of the ranking round, but a slowdown in his high scores almost caused him to slip out of the top 64, and lose his spot in the knockout rounds. It is very exciting news that we have qualified all 3 archers for the KOs, as last Games we only had 1 make it out. The scores also allowed the Kalactanians to finish just 2 points ahead of the Liventian team, and allowed them to earn a spot in the Team Knockout round. Carlos Hall stated in an interview after that “I am happy with the way I shot this round, I think I can always improve, but I am happy I helped my team.” Hall, 31, who hails from Gold Coast Archery, is probably the best archer in Kalactin, but there is much competition. Chromatika and Trolleborg highlighted the men’s team round, scoring the 2 highest scores so far.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Sargossa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Sargossa » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:45 pm

Whether it was Istria or Orean it was a suitably spectacular Opening Ceremony. Hundreds of Sargossan athletes were treated to the birth of Banija as a nation and the continuing development of modern day Liventia as the pageantry of the event was celebrated. In Istria the delegation was led out by Ximena Braga, the current sprint star of the Sargossa domestic scene. Sargossa has a rich history in the sprint events, with nineteen medals and the current Olympic records in the Men’s 100m and Women’s 200m, and Braga was looking to better her bronze in Republica four years earlier. That Games had been one of missed opportunities, with twelve bronzes among the nineteen total medals and a large number of other beaten finalists. Although Nelson Torres’ bronze in the golf meant Sargossa could add a twenty first discipline to its overall medal tally.

In Orean it was shooter Daniela Santángel, another of Republica’s bronze contingent, who led out the delegation. The city would hopefully prove an inspiration for the Sargossan team as it was here that the nation achieved its best ever medal haul, with forty one claimed at the Eighth Summer Games. Although the bulk of Sargossa’s medal hopes in this edition would be taking place at the other host city, particularly at the Istria Olympic Stadium and the Albert III Aquatics Center. It may not be a medal hope but it was at the Rukunbi Shooting Range where the Sargossan viewers got their daily warm and fuzzy feeling. Catarina Barrios exceeding all expectations in finishing sixteenth in the women’s individual archery event.
Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

" . . . those dictatorship-loving thundertwats . . ."

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:51 pm

OLYMPICS: Perez sanctioned after Opening Ceremony stunt

Tennis player Stephen Perez is on thin ice in Banija, following a stunt during the Opening Ceremony in Istria that incurred the wrath of the Krytenian National Olympic Committee.

Perez, 31, had previously spoken out against what he saw as the "unjust" and "heartless" decision to hold elimination matches in several Olympic sports prior to last night's opening ceremony.

With the eyes of the multiverse watching, Perez organised a protest against this decision with the help of several team-mates. As the Krytenian delegation marched in behind flag-carrier Sarah Dinsdale, Perez, along with fellow tennis players Andy Baumgartner, Ross Algersuari, Athena Piper, and Jack Watson, as well as boxers David Casey, Stuart Benton, and Paula Rawlins, walked at the front of the team. They removed their jackets to reveal red t-shirts emblazoned with the slogan "UNJUST, UNFAIR, OLYMPICS FOR ALL", being broadcast on camera for a number of seconds before the broadcast feed cut away.

The KNOC were incensed with Perez's protest, and have moved quickly to attempt to nip any further actions in the bud. All eight athletes have been fined - with Perez as ringleader carrying the heaviest fine of all - and warned that any further outbursts will result in those in question being immediately sent home.

Perez himself has stated that he does not intent to make any further protests, saying "The Olympics are now underway, and our point has been made. Hopefully we won't see this happen again in our lifetimes."
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:10 pm

ROWING: Ross the odd man out

The opening day of competition on Widmore Lake proved mostly succesful for Krytenia's rowers. With the Cyan Blades expected to take home a haul of medals in the sport, it should come as no surprise that the Krytenian crews advanced directly from the preliminaries in all bar one of the six events held yesterday afternoon.

The odd man out? Men's single sculler Mark Ross. His heat was the fastest of the six, which may have caught the twenty-eight year old off guard. Ross took time to get into a rhythm in a race dominated by Grearish competitor Stevie Boyle, and found himself in a somewhat distant fourth going into the final two hundred metres. An injection of stroke rate closed the gap to the Orthodox monk in front of him, however the effort was too late for Ross to row through. His time of 7:05.09 - in fourth place - would have seen him straight through in any of the other heats in second place.

As the fastest non-qualifier by a good ten seconds, Ross is expected to take his place in the next round through the repechage today.

PREVIEW: Day One medal chances

With the Olympics properly underway, and Stephen Perez hopefully now concentrating on his tennis, we can finally concentrate on the task ahead - namely, hoovering up medals and crissing fingers that we get to hear O Celesta a fair few times. Which raises the question: who's going to get one first?

Traditionally, of course, the first medals awarded are in the women's shooting. This year is unlikely to be an exception, and of course with Krytenia's usual performance with gun in hand, you'd expect there to be no chance of a medal. You might just be wrong, though. Adrienne Parker is experienced and ready to go for a medal after a decent showing four years ago.

Cycling, of course, is always a good shout. Krytenia have tended to get most of their medals in the velodrome, but as the likes of Michaela Astarloza and Clive Bordemann will attest, there's always the long hard slog on the road. It's a dog eat dog world in the road race, with favourites often at the mercy of the unexpected breakaway, but Caroline Parry is a canny soul and will hope to take advantage if and when the inevitable happens.

If those two - or their team-mates - fail, worry not. There's always the judo. Now, as far as the sixty kilo category is concerned, David Santa Cruz was the man. Three Olympics produced a medal of each colour for the Hall of Fame nominee. Hoping to follow in his footsteps is Robson White, who was unlucky not to medal in Republica. Polly Gennaro, meanwhile, takes part in her first Games in the women's under 48kg class; great things are expected for the nineteen year old Avidia native.

Look out too for a medal chance in the archery. Yesterday's ranking rounds were a clean sweep in terms of qualification; today sees the medal competition for the men's team competition. With all three men also in the last sixty-four, the team of Richard Coia, Aston Jeavons, and Nicholas Mondrian will be hoping to get their eye in after being seeded eleventh. Victory over Electrum in their opener will leave them just one win from a medal match, with either Taeshan or the Vilitan Cove team to beat.

Finally, the evening finishes with medals in the pool. There's probably little to look forward to in the individual events, but there's a strong foursome in the women's 4x100m freestyle relay. Like the men's archers, the team of Claudia Harris, Lorraine Imlach, Liz Lowe and Annabelle Mathiasen will have individual events to fall back on; if they can make a splash in the morning session there's every chance they can get in the conversation for a medal.

Watch all the action from Orean and Istria at www.kbs.kt/smartview
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:17 pm

Chromatik City Courier
OLYMPICS
Justin Emerson, Olympic Correspondent

Archers Off to Shooting Start

ISTRIA, BANIJA - As Chromatika enters its very first foray into the summer Olympics, all eyes were on the Opening Ceremonies held in Istria and Orean. However, on that same day, a lot of Chromatik athletes went to work. Here is my liveblog of notable results from these summer games.

In tennis, Cina Flint defeated Velda Hooper in the preliminary round. Flint, of Z'ai'ai, is one of the leaders of a group of athletes trying to establish semi-professional tennis in Chromatika. Her results could lead to nationwide changes.

In boxing, lightweight Naomi Walters of Felswyr's Full Force Gym defeated Polina Jelencic. Her left hand and fancy footwork did the most damage. Walters is one of the foremost in Chromatika when it comes to contact sports.

The women's football team ran into the behemoths that are the combined team from Vilita and Turori, and dropped the match, 2-4. Prisca Rogers did score a brace, but it wasn't enough to lift the Anomalies.

In rowing, the quadruple scull of Jung-Hyuk Bin, Meong-Jae Park, Il-Hae Jung, and Il-Suk Lee placed second in their heat and qualified directly. The quad's result wasn't the best, but they were "excited and motivated" by the result. Bella Coxx of Eyrods also placed second in her heat of single sculls, and will carry forward her momentum. Lastly, the quad scull of Hilari Johnston, Falore Johnston, Rebecca Minsk, and Carol Minsk also placed second to qualify. This team, made up of two pairs of sisters, have been training together for more than ten years; it is wonderful to see their efforts yield results.

Bill Munoz narrowly defeated his opponent in the preliminary round of men's lightweight division. Munoz is a noted philanthropist who does things with green energy when he is not training; his victory comes as a bit of a surprise.

And then there is archery.

Archery in Chromatika is a noted sport, with multiple tournaments per year. For the last five, Frederick von Marshall, Hugo de Vries, Isaak Kristoffer, Sofia Blackinesz, Franz Cedostera, and Nedira Anderstef have been superstars in the field of archery in the nation.

They absolutely did not disappoint in the ranking round of the Olympics. Von Marshall scored the highest number of points in the men's with 683, only two above Hugo de Vries; Kristoffer scored a modest 671 to also qualify without much issue. This trio added up to 2,035 points, which is actually the highest among all of men's teams by seventeen points.

"We didn't expect this kind of a turnout," admitted von Marshall, "But the facilities and the atmosphere here are great, and we were able to concentrate without much issue today."

The trio declined to comment when asked about their chances of getting the first medals for Chromatika.

In the women's side, Sofia Blackinesz placed seventh with 665, Cedostera 12th, and Anderstef 22nd, placing the Chromatiks 3rd among all teams - only 8 points out of first place. This field seems to be more stacked, with the first seven places only separated by eighteen points total.

The combined results have placed Chromatika twenty-five points ahead of Quebec in the total team ranking round, mixed.

It wasn't till later in the evening when Frederick von Marshall and Sofia Blackinesz were told that not only were they the second ranked team in mixed ranking round (by the two's scores being added together), they had also broken the previous Olympic Record. The duo of Aston Jeavons and Katrina Kristensen of Krytenia were the new record holders by the slimmest of margins, but the Chromatik duo had accomplished the feat, regardless.

One thing remained for certain - the archery range in Istria was going to be a very interesting place to keep an eye on in the next days to come.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Tikariot
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tikariot » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:26 pm

The four anchors of the Olympics team of TSG TV (Short for Tikariot Sports Gazette TV) are in the studio with the huge screen behind them again showing live picture from the streets of Istria and Orean.

Damian Caravalo: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, we are back for our quick look back at day 0 and forward to day 1 and here rowing took up a quite sizeable chunk, which means that we'll be going to the lovely Selima Morrigan and Frankie Holdingsworth over at the Widmore Artificial Lake.

Selima Morrigan: Thank you, Damian, so nice of you! A lot of the rowing heats took place today and with very different outcomes for our rowers. First up was the men's single sculls and Christopher Veleno qualified as second in heat 4 to go straight to the next round, the double sculls did not fare as well, unfortunately, with Nathan Thomas and Mathieu Durepos only coming through in fourth spot, almost three seconds behind Sveepa and Kubnetsov from Mattija, meaning repechage for them. The quadruple sculls, though, really showed some excellent early form, with Nathan Thomas, Mathieu Durepos, Christopher Veleno and Juraj Sekeras winning their heat with the overall second best time of all teams, which should definitely give them a psychological boost that might even carry over into the other events.

Frankie Holdingsworth: On the ladies' side MacKenzie Little was without a chance in her heat in the single sculls, so she will also go into repechage but she was quite far off the direct qualifiers, which does not bode too well for her second shot. In the double sculls Anne Keefe and Leona Ekblad did win their heat and thankfully it did not matter that they were in the by far slowest heat, first is first! That leaves the quadruples and this was quite the heartbreaker. Anne Keefe, Leona Ekblad, Paula Cowan and Clemence Farningham missed the direct qualification by, are you ready? 16 hundredths of a second! So repechage it is for them as well.

Julian Sovran: Some light, some shadow, so I guess we can file rowing under twilight for now, which brings us to the next event, boxing. Now the first preliminaries have been some hit and quite the miss and to be honest nobody really expected much from the bouts today, but I'll let Faitalia Sauiluma fill you in on all the details.

Faitalia Sauiluma: Hymus Hymas in the men's lightweight kicked things off well, with an 11-5 win over Rikken Rule from the Vilitan Union to advance, while Jack Bingham in the super heavyweight went down 4-7 to Sonya Kline from The Grearish Union. The ladies did not fare a whole lot better with Billie Goulding in the featherweight losing 10-7 to Teréz Karolyn from Main Nation Ministry. One weight class up, Lizzie Foster against Ulina Vesnina from Mattija and same story, 10-12. Middleweight. Gigi Goodall, 7-11 against Ziortza Agierri from Astograth, while the referee stopped Michelle Boam's bout against Asia Wilder from Krytenia, so not much luck over here.

Lisa Carr: Alright, things are getting slightly darker, but the last discipline that was on the menu last night was archery and here we would like to believe we might have some slight medal chances, isn't that right, Nell?

Nell Dunbar: Yes, indeed we do, Lisa, and the ranking rounds did overall go alright for our Tikariotian athletes. One of our biggest medal hopes not just in archery, but overall, is Myfanwy verch Owain and she came through the ranking round in eighth position with 664 rings, thirteen behind overall leader Mantis Elfelchen from Kriegiersien, and that, I believe, will pit her against Garrastazu Biartola from Astograth in the elimination round, who scored 641 rings. Theresa Johnstone scored 659 rings, which was enough for 18th position, which is a great result as well in the top half of the final 64, so only Julia Rose with 619 rings was far off (124th of 140 athletes), but two out of three is not bad at all! In the team event the ladies came in 13th with 1942 rings, 50 off leading Krytenia.

Walt Hanson: On the men's side we were not quite as successful, unfortunately, but we kind of already knew that before it all started, it was a lot less bad than it could have been, though. So let's start at the bottom here, out of 141 starters Martin Whitehead ended up 78th with 650 rings, Robert Madill 71st with 653 and our best archer Lennox Armstrong hit 34th with 665 rings, 28 behind top of the table Frederick von Marshall from Chromatika. The team, please pardon my pun, narrowly missed the mark, though, hitting 1968 rings, one, yes, ONE ring behind 16th position Darmen, so this one really stung.

Dunbar: In the mixed team ranking round, though, Myfanwy and Lennox hit a combined 1329 rings, which was good enough for eighth position, so they are still within potential reach of a medal, even though the duos from Krytenia and Chromatika scored new Olympic records with 1348 rings each, so yeah, they are quite up there.

Matt Novak: Thank you all for your great recaps, so that leaves us here with a look ahead at what the official day 1 will bring us and it will be a busy one! There will be medals to be had in the men's team archery, 400 m freestyle and 4x100 m freestyle relay for both men and women, the women's cycling road race, men's 60kg judo, women's 48 kg judo as well as the 10 m air pistol and rifle for men and women respectively.

Carovalo: Men's baseball and football also will have matchdays and in both of these Tikariot is hoping to be in contention for a medal or two, so there will be a lot to keep track of and we will do our best to guide you through this thicket of activity, so you better be ready! Until then stay safe and have a good night!
Tikariot - Rushmore - Trigramme: TKT
Sporting achievements:
Football: Ro16 (and group winner) WC87 | Winner - IFC 1 | Quarter final - BoF 73 | 3rd in group WCQ86
Baseball: Winner - International Baseball Slam XI | Round of 16 - World Baseball Classic 49/50/51
Hosting: IBS XII, Copa Rushmori 36, WBC 51, World Cup 89
NS Sports Miniflags

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:08 am

David Blake: "Welcome back for the second hour of CBC's first weekend primetime show here from Istria. In the Olympics, the focus is generally on the athletes participating, while coaches are pushed to the background. But we wanted to introduce you to a young woman who is making a professional debut in a very similar circumstance. Craig Snyder, our lead game analyst for the National Team & CBC Soccer Night Championship coverage joins us from Jinja City. Craig, the FAC left the decision regarding who would be the manager of the squad participating here until quite late. Tell us a bit about who they eventually selected."

Craig Snyder: "David, both you and I are familiar with Hailey Reinhart-Zavaros, but even the most obsessive supporter of the national team probably couldn't pick her out of a group of 5-6 other women. She was entrusted with the responsibility of leading this under-23 Olympic squad specifically on the advice of Women's NT Manager Jen Prescott."
(cut to recorded interview)

CS: "Is there a squad in the current setup that you've not been a coach for?"
Hailey Reinhart-Zavaros: (laughs) "No. I started out as an adjunct coach for 11-13's weekend camps, and then week-long camps for 14-15's, because I lived close by so they didn't have to board me in! (laughter) But I still got 2 meals a day and use of the pool during staff hours."
CS: "You were a part-time assistant at BHCC at that time?
HRZ: "Uh-huh. I was lucky that Mitch {inserted as a subtitle-Poynter, then Belle Haven County College women's coach} had a good rapport with Tony Weiss and Mike Haddad, who were the ones running the age group camps."

CS: "When they told you that you'd be Assistant to Liam Sullivan at the last DBC, did you think that was an audition for the Olympic job?"

HRZ: "Not at all, because I don't think we'd even made a final decision on what squad was going be entered."

CS: "You've earned your way to this point, don't you think? Youth team coach, Senior team coach. There is certainly a movement to try to restore balance among the core staff by trying to offset the losses of Pam & Kate, bringing in more women to the Development Scheme."

HRZ:(laughs)"That is something I do know a little bit about. I think having me in this role is a way to show young women who might be thinking about getting involved in coaching that the FAC are not trying to hold back anyone in selecting the best candidate for a position."
(end of recorded interview)

CS: "David, Hailey is certainly not apprehensive above taking on the responsibility of leading the Olympic Squad. Her husband, Ryan Zavaros, who is the head of the FAC's Coaching Development Department, is one of the coaches, marking the fourth time they've been part of a tournament staff."

DB: "She has, as you mentioned, earned her opportunity to prove herself. We'll see the women's soccer team back in action on Tuesday. Thanks Craig, and we'll be back after these messages."
[commercials--3:00]
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

North Alezia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby North Alezia » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:30 am

OLYMPICS SPORTSNEWS!
PRETTY GOOD START ON DAY -1 AND DAY 0!

First of all, we would like to apologize to our readers for the lateness on our side covering the day -1 highlights. This is due to a small power outage back in ABA Studio Zafizamarrah. This black out does not disrupt regular programming, however, this does prevent our Istria and Orean team to send information as quick as possible back home, due to the main HQ reconnecting cables, and many more cables. This kind of thing has not happened since 1978, and this is one of ABA's most shameful mishap. We promise you that this tragedy won't happen again, and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused. Due to that, we'll give you two day coverage!

DAY -1

First up, we have Men's Baseball!

(Yamar Haz-Darisqi)

Group 3
Electrum (ETM) 0 0 0 0 5 1 1 1 1 9
Farfadillis (FFD) 2 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 1 8

Npc West Florida (NWF) 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 3 7
North Alezia (NAZ) 1 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 4

Group 3 Pld W L RF RA RD
1 Npc West Florida 1 1 0 7 4 +3
2 Electrum 1 1 0 9 8 +1
3 Farfadillis 1 0 1 8 9 −1
4 North Alezia 1 0 1 4 7 −3

A draw decided that our team play in Group 3. And we have ourselves two matches here.
- On the first match, we have Electrum and Farfadillis having a very tight fight, which resulted on an Electrum win. That won't come as a surprise, though. Since we should've known since long time ago that Electrum is a very well known country on the sports departement.

- On the second match, we have our team playing against Npc West Florida. And... We didn't play well out there. North Alezia lost the match 7-4 which put us on the last place temporarily. Unless we got ourselves a very good win or two, we might stay in last for the rest of this olympiad's baseball match.

Next up, we have Women's Football!

Group 8
Farfadillis (FFD) 0–1 North Alezia (NAZ)
Chromatika (CMT) 2–4 Vilita & Turori (VLT)

Group 8 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Vilita & Turori 2 1 1 0 5 3 +2 4
2 Hapilopper and Wreckeria 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3
3 North Alezia 2 1 0 1 1 3 −2 3
4 Farfadillis 2 0 1 1 1 2 −1 1
5 Chromatika 1 0 0 1 2 4 −2 0

-On the first match on day -1, we have our female football team defeating Farfadillis! A goal by Isra' Dalilah brings us leading until the 90th minute! Good job for the North Alezian team, and we still got two nations to play against. We hope that our female team brings more wins for the country. Due to that surprising win, our country is now on third place, and with another win, has a good chance of advancing to the next round!

-On the second match on day -1, we have Chromatika against Vilita and Turori. The match was indeed steaming hot, as both countries did their best kicking, with Chromatika having to swallow a hard pill after a 2-4 defeat. Due to them losing two times, Chromatika for now placed last, and Vilita & Tuori enjoys their first place for now.

Overall, we can say that this is a pretty good day for our female football team.

Lastly, we have Men's Tennis!

We have studied our ways in tennis on our previous international tennis matches, even bringing Irina Elinova (who is not playing due to her being the flag bearer, with rumours of her being put to next olympics) to the semis. And, in this olympiad, we're going to put our tennis abilities to test once again;

Xavi Valdés (SRG) 3 7 4
Razaq Mazarim (NAZ) 6 5 6

And it definitely shows! Razaq Mazarim which had already competed on various matches won the match against Xavi Valdes of Sargossa. Other than the second set where Xavi defeated Mazarim after a very hard tiebreaker, Mazarim showed his abilities and his experience by obliterating Valdes on the other sets, bringing Mazarim on to the next round.

Overall, things has gone better for us on day -1!

DAY 0

Welcome to the actual start of the olympiad shabang! We have a lot of stuff to show to you at home or anywhere else that can't go to Istria and Orean!

We only participated in one event today. Spoiler alert, it didn't go pretty well.

Archery Individual Ranking Round- Men's

55 Al-Dusara Khalil (NAZ) 658 23 5
75 Tabqir Dam-Rahiq (NAZ) 651 20 3
124 Saharun Maktabil (NAZ) 633 12 1

As you can see in the official results, our trio didn't do well that time. Only one (Tabqir Dam-Rahiq) is on the top 64.

30 North Alezia 1942

Things didn't go well for our male archery team as well, only getting 1942 joint points, few points away from the leading country, Chromatika's 2035 points.

70 Alila Mushtaraim (NAZ) 638 13 5
115 Ida Zahana (NAZ) 623 6 3
132 Imizli Namabliq (NAZ) 612 5 1

Things also didn't go well for our women's team. all of our three got to the bottom part of the rankings.

35 North Alezia 3815

and you should've guessed by now. Our mixed team didn't do well on day 0. Only earning 3815, away from once again, Chromatika's 4019.

Overall, day 0 was not beautiful for our team. Hopefully we can bring more victorious news on day 1.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE OLYMPICS SPORTSNEWS TO COME!
WATCH THE SUMMER OLYMPICS BY ABA CHANNEL 1, ABA INTERACTIVE, or livestreaming at http://www.ABA.co.az/livestreaming/Olympiad.
Last edited by North Alezia on Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
FEDERATION OF NORTH ALEZIA

Member of the Alezian Union

Vilitan Union
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2016

Mens Football Preview

Postby Vilitan Union » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:23 am

Men's Football at the Olympic Games:
I:
GOLD:: Starblaydia
SILVER:: The Weegies
BRONZE:: Bostopia
4th:: Hendrick4824
II:
GOLD:: Capitalizt SLANI
SILVER:: Ariddia
BRONZE:: Cafundéu
4th:: Reineberg
III:
GOLD:: Capitalizt SLANI
SILVER:: Valnora
BRONZE:: Newmanistan
4th:: Cafundéu
IV:
GOLD:: Edward City
SILVER:: Capitalizt SLANI
BRONZE:: Jasĭyun
4th:: Cachette de Lions
V:
GOLD:: Delaclava
SILVER:: Carpathia and Ruthenia
BRONZE:: Iglesian Archipelago
4th:: Sorthern Northland
VI:
GOLD:: Krytenia
SILVER:: Kagdzka and Pazhujebu
BRONZE:: Camwood
4th:: Cafundéu
VII:
GOLD:: Krytenia
SILVER:: Civil Citizenry
BRONZE:: Shofercia
4th:: Ferkas
VIII:
GOLD:: Saintland-Acedonia
SILVER:: The Inevitable Syndicate
BRONZE:: The Licentian Isles
4th:: Shofercia
IX:
GOLD:: Eura
SILVER:: Nova Anglicana
BRONZE:: Estope
4th:: Free Swiss States
X:
GOLD:: New Gelderland
SILVER:: Semarland
BRONZE:: Ficiscia
4th:: Benjamin Mark
XI:
GOLD:: Vilitan Union
SILVER:: The Licentian Isles
BRONZE:: Fluvique
4th:: Eonstar
XII:
GOLD:: Darmen
SILVER:: Cocoabo Forest
BRONZE:: Unified Beretania
4th:: Schottia
XIII:
GOLD:: Laeral
SILVER:: Teremaran Unified Team
BRONZE:: Free Republics
4th:: Beepee
XIV:
GOLD::
SILVER::
BRONZE::
4th::

Olympic Eel-Cat's Drawn in Short Group

Tiones Lumber Field at the Wolf's Den in Busembe, Kitara :: The Vilita & Turori Olympic Men's Football Team have pulled the short stick in the Group Draw for the Mens Football competition having found themselves left in the only group containing just three competing nations.

Drawn into Group 15, the team from the Vilitan Union will be squaring off against the Peoples Republic of Xabia and Northwest Kalactin where they will be eying a 2-0 record to ensure progression through to the next phase of the competition. There will be no room for error as only the top team in each Group will progress to the Round of 16 knockout bracket.

The Vilita & Turori side will arrive directly from Equestria where they are currently completing their participation in the AOCAF Cup. The entry from the Vilitan Union will attempt to climb back atop the Olympic Podium for the first time since the XI Summer Olympic Games where they defeated The Licentian Isles to take the honors. It is expected to be a wide open playing field for the Men's Gold Medal in Orean & Istria as three of the four Semi-Finalists from the Republica games have not sent a delegation to the Games of the XIV Olympiad. Only the defending Silver Medalists, the Teremaran Unified Team, who were defeated in the Gold Medal Final in Republica by Laeral, will be back to defend their place on the podium and as such will be considered de-facto favorites to lift the gold.

As favorites, the Teremaran Unified Team will be competing in Group 2 at the Phoenix Stadium in Maravica with their biggest perceived threat to advancement coming from The Archregimancy. Terre Septentrionale and Britonisea will also be looking to make their mark but many expect that the Teremaran Unified Team will be able to survive the group and continue their quest to upgrade their Silver Medals from Republica into Orean & Istria Gold.

Elsewhere in the Group Draw, co-host nation Banija will face a difficult opposition in Group A with Atlantian Oceania regional champions Ko-oren among the potential road blocks to their advancement. The other co-host nation will also face a difficult group with Liventia basing their oporations from Herzegovina City where they will play Hapilopper and Wreckeria, Chromatika and the Pripet Socialist Republic.

Perhaps the most evenly matched group will be played at the BCEL Stadium in JInja City where Olympic heavyweights Electrum, Kelssek and the Greater Vakolicci Haven will have to fend off Astograth to get the top spot in Group 5. Vilitan Union neighbors Krytenia will contest Group 11 in Banija's National Capital Region while XII Summer Olympic Men's Football runners-up Cocoabo Forest were drawn against Lovisa, Plane of Possibility and Sargossa in a group that will also be played at the Mugisha III Memorial Stadium in Busukuma.

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:00 am

OOC HOST ANNOUNCEMENT
I would normally not do this in the middle of the RP thread, but since it apparently needs to be said:
Do NOT copy and paste the entire results back into your RP. Especially when they're wrong.
Last edited by Liventia on Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:28 am

Centralis Herald - Sports Section - Ameerah Gauchi

Electrumite tennis hopes in Istria amidst Opening Ceremony controversy

It's barely two months after the Istria Open, and the multiverse's best tennis players have returned to the clay courts of the Kisangara Tennis Club. Instead of the five hundred ranking points that are normally on offer, the stakes are even higher this time with players competing for medals and Olympic glory.

But for some players, that journey was cut short before the Olympic Games officially began with the decision to play the tennis singles preliminary rounds prior to the opening ceremony. This scheduling snafu caused consternation amongst the Krytenian team, who saw four of its singles players eliminated in such a manner. This then led to said team members wearing those infamous t-shirts during the Opening Ceremony which were emblazoned with the phrase: "UNJUST, UNFAIR, OLYMPICS FOR ALL." It seems like the Krytenian athletes' ability to write slogans is on the same level as their tennis playing. The issue has been resolved according to KBSNews, with the KNOC fining all players involved in the protest.

While it is conventional that pool rounds and ranking rounds be held in the days leading up to the Opening Ceremony, there is no hard-and-fast rule surrounding the elimination of athletes. For example, the Games of the XI Olympiad held qualifying rounds to weed out athletes and teams before they even travelled to Commerce Heights. The Games of the IX Olympiad, held in Kyler Peninsulae, held preliminary rounds for Badminton and Table Tennis on the day of the Opening Ceremony. Indeed, even the Emberton Games had Gymastics qualification in the days leading up to the Opening Ceremony. This historical precedent merely confirms that the Banijans are well within their rights to hold the tennis preliminaries whenever they wanted.

Returning to Electrum's tennis players, our best hopes lie with our doubles teams. In particular, all eyes will be on the Electrumite pair of Sonya Gredello and Rosa Levinsky (or Ronya, if you prefer). There is no question in everyone's minds that Ronya are the favourites in the Women's Doubles competition. They have been on the podium four consecutive times (from the IX to the XII editions), winning three consecutive gold medals, as well as a silver during the Games of the XII Olympiad. They have won multiple grand slams in the NationStates Tennis Tour, and most recently winning the clay NSTT Tier 1 tournament, the Championnats Nationaux de Reçueçn de Tennis. There simply is no better combination of Gredello's baseline and movement with Levinsky's hands and reflexes. Deanne Smith and Sara Zhuo are an outside option, with Smith winning the silver medal to Ronya during the Aeropag games with her then-partner Joan Levitt.

In the mixed doubles, Anthony Kawasaki and Leanne Stewart will be hoping to repeat their gold medal performance in Novonaya. The two are also in a winning form, with both players combining successfully to win the hard court Steinigestrasse Open earlier this season. In saying that, they did bow out in their first match at the Kisangara Tennis Club earlier this year. Kawasaki and Stewart's partnership seems to be under strain in recent months, with both players deciding to find different partners throughout most of the season. Rumours from the Electrum Lawn Tennis Association say that their strain has come from Kawasaki's domineering attitude and Stewart rebuffing some of Kawasaki's romantic advances. In other words, it is only the Olympic's insistence that players partner up with their countrymen which meant the two are back together again.

Further, in the singles, the Electrum Lawn Tennis Association's hopes are pinned on Andrew Simmons. Simmons has really come into his own this season, having some of his best ever performances this year, netting him a career-high NSTT singles ranking of third place. This has been attributed to his work in improving his first and second serves, his movement work, and his tough regimen of strength training during the NSTT hiatus. He's a more mature and technically complete player with some deep runs in the clay court season just last month. Interestingly, Andrew Simmons and Sonya Gredello have also partnered to be the other Electrumite pair in the mixed doubles. Often, in the mixed doubles, usually the male players target the female players as the 'weak point' of any pairing. That doesn't seem to be the case with this team, with the two forming an intimidating combination. They might just snuff out all hopes of a long-term Kawasaki/Stewart reunion.

Accompanying some of the old names are some new athletes too. Jack Ho, Marcus Hathwar, Janet Riley and Maddison Scott are not expected to do well in the singles, but a good run in this tournament may give them that extra confidence they need to tackle the grass season, which will come after these Olympics. Jack Ho in particular produced a commendable three-set performance over Kelssek's Tom Robson during today's preliminaries. Ho, who was a break down in the final set rallied to take six out of the last seven games to win his way into the main draw. However, his left elbow will be of concern to Ho, as he did have to take time off in the third set to get some kinesiology tape applied to that area. Ultimately, that medical time-out and subsequent recovery was what allowed Ho to arrest Robson's momentum and win the match.

While the Electrum Lawn Tennis Association are sending a very strong team to these Games, there is always an element of uncertainty associated with the inclusion of non-NSTT players. These players are an unknown element, and could very well prove to thwart the Electrumites in their quest for Olympic glory. Just ask Ronya, who were eliminated by a pair of Dagans during the last Olympic Games. There is no previous match experience to rely on. There are no online videos of these players. Ronya have played plenty of times against the Mattijanans, Engollians and Krytenians, but never against the Vilitans or the Sargossans. After all, it's the people you don't know that provide the greatest challenge.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Teremaran Olympics Delegation
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 06, 2017

Postby Teremaran Olympics Delegation » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:15 am

“Neu Engollon and our international viewers, hello and welcome to another edition of the NETV Sports 7 Update. I’m Magda Wertauer and this is my co-host, Karl Demais.”

“Hello everyone, we’re back together again after separately covering the World Cup of Hockey and the Rugby League World Cup….”

“Much as we might hate it. We’re back.”

“You got that right.”

“Well, are we going to keep taking shots at each other, or are we going to do our jobs?”

“Let’s do our jobs for now. People, we will no longer be a team after this Olympics. Fifteen long years and we will be splitting to do our separate shows…”

“And not a moment too soon…”

“Magda, maybe we should work on keeping the peace for now. It’s going to be a long couple weeks.”

“True. I agree. So, we’re just witnessing the Opening Ceremonies in both host cities, but we are already 3 days deep into Olympic competition which started earlier. I can’t explain to you how this schedule works, but the Teremaran athletes were ready for it, so there's at least something to feel confident about. Let’s give a run down so far of progress in the 14th Olympics…”

“Men’s water polo is being played at the Albert III Aquatics Center in Istria. Neu Engollon is representing Teremara in the event, they are in Group B with Saltstead, Siovanija and Teusland,
Vekaiyu, Chromatika, Darkmania, and Electrum. So far…Neu Engollon has not done that well, starting out with a draw and loss.”

“Women’s water polo is playing out at the Loyola-Busukuma Water Sports Center in Busukuma, the capital, which is 4 hours south of Istria. Gaul is representing Teremara in Group D, facing the likes of Britonisea, Darmen, Sylestone, Vilitan Union, Mattijana, and Sargossa. The Gaulic women have done better than the Neu Engollian men, beating Sargossa and getting a draw against Britonisea to move in there at the second spot in their group. We’ll see if they can hang onto it over the next matches.”

“The men’s Teremaran unified basketball team is playing at the Caribou Arena in Istria in Group D; while the women’s team is at the Afolayan Central Arena in Busembe, Kitara in Group A. Full team basketball hasn’t started yet, as the hosts have opted to start the 3 on 3 games first, which Teremara is not participating in. 3 on 3, or 3 x 3 as they’re listing it here, is a sort of more organized street ball. We might look into that further in a later show.”

“Football, also called soccer in some nations, started up. The women’s Teremaran unified team is doing quite well, at the top of their group with 2 wins. A group that includes hosts Banija. Men’s football will start tomorrow. Again, that’s the round football, not gridiron, which Teremara is also not participating in.”

“Women’s quadruple sculls in rowing saw the Teremaran team qualify at the top of their heat. The Glisandian men’s double sculls also qualified.”

“Archery individual events didn’t go as well as hoped for Teremara, where we see a truly international team of men and women. However, the duo of our own Roland Tell and Gragastavia’s Nadia Rashad did very well in the mixed team event and the full mixed Teremaran team also did very well with an overall score of 2001. Not sure quite what that means, but we know it’s good.”

“Our professional Neu Engollian ladies tennis players Felice Mareaux and Karina Gerard had to play preliminary rounds, but they trounced their opponents in brief matches. Thierry Garzala, in the top 10 ranked NSTT players in the world and winner of the Championnats Nationoux de Recuecn de Tennis clay court tournament, also was forced to play a preliminary round for some odd reason, but he also handily beat Min Driel to coast on. Gragastavia’s Harun Akkad also won his match, only needing two sets.”

“Women’s Taraniman softball team sits in a good spot right now with one loss and one win balanced out in their group. If that’s the only loss they get, they’re doing pretty well. With an 8 run domination over a scoreless Lovisa, the points difference really boosted them up. The Taraniman men’s baseball team powered over the Grearish Union for a win in their first outing in their group.”

“Our Teremaran boxers didn’t fare as well starting out, and some of that might be due to the controversial, significant shifting of weight classes by the hosts for this Olympics. We’ll get into that more after the break. Stayed tuned to NETV Sports 7 Update. Now we’ll go to our sponsors…”

RP Contributed by Neu Engollon
Last edited by Teremaran Olympics Delegation on Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:29 am

Stelburger Zeitung

Sport

United Republics ‘Back to Normal Service’ After Weeklong Party

From the moment the final buzzer went during Game 2 of the World Cup of Hockey Finals, the party that would last another week in this country began.

There were images across the country: in Borograd, Stelburg, St. Jakob, Felsenkirchen, everywhere, the streets didn’t clear out that night until 4am at the earliest. And then, they were filled up again the next day, fans in jerseys and waving flags taking to the streets to celebrate the nation’s greatest-ever sporting achievement, winning the World Cup of Hockey. Streets and squares across the country were virtually packed from 11am each day until very late in the evening with fans revelling in the national hockey team’s success.

Hockey is, of course, the most popular sport in the United Republics, and is seen as a symbol culturally. Hockey games of any level are well-attended, the Strauss Cup (Ehrenliga championship trophy) is seen as the most important sporting trophy in the nation, and teams like the Stelburg Kaisers and Olympia Borograd receive almost religious-like support from massive fanbases.

Since the beginning of the national team era as well, the nation has been able to rally behind the squad, who have had great success in their relatively short history. Siovanija & Teusland have participated in 6 World Cups of Hockey, reaching the Quarterfinal stage 4 times, and only ever missing the playoffs once. With the victory in World Cup of Hockey 40, the Goldhorns become the 21st country to win the world championship title. The country also hosted the World Junior Hockey Championships last year, winning the title as well, making Siovanija & Teusland one of only three nations to ever win both the WJHC and WCoH.

The country was already almost shut down entirely during the Finals themselves. The series, against neighbours Valanora, the most successful World Cup of Hockey team in history with 6 titles, was greatly anticipated at home, with a great deal of coverage dedicated to it. Businesses offered employees the day off to watch both games. And watch they did: television networks estimate that during the final ten minutes of game 2, over 90% of all television in the country had the game on. Given how many people were watching the game together at parties, in public squares or in bars, it’s somewhat reasonable to say that nearly every single person in the country watched some or all of the game.

So when Gunter Pfenning’s shot went in with just about 3 minutes left, a goal which would stand as the winner and has now become immortalized in our culture, the nation erupted. And when just ten minutes later Pfenning lifted the trophy high over his head, the celebrations truly began.

“It was unbelievable, like nothing I’ve ever experienced before. Just everybody jumping around, all so excited,” said one fan who attended a watch party in Stelburg. “It’s been crazy - we’ve never done this much business in a month, let alone a week,” said the owner of one bar in Stelburg that has become a hot-spot for celebrating fans each night.

It’s almost eerie to take a stroll through the Teuslandplatz at about 9am each morning. Normally, the square is bustling - sightseers, people making their way to work, and those in cafes and restaurants. At 9am, however, the square was empty - everyone still recovering from the night before. By 1pm again, it would be full, and party central for the city.

“We’ve of course been keeping a presence in the square the whole week, but I have to say: for the most part, everyone has behaved spectacularly. There have been very, very few instances where we’ve had to step in, and I’ve heard the same across the country,” said the Stelburg Chief of Police, Ruprecht Weinz. For the most part, Weinz said, the police have mainly been directing traffic in and around the square.

The team itself, too, have been getting in on the celebrations. In Stelburg, Edwin Ranger has come down to the square multiple times to speak to the crowd, as have Erhard Lasker and David Wagner. It doesn’t matter that Lasker plays for Eisbaren Stelburg and Ranger for the Stelburg Kaisers - two hated rivals - and they’ve been embraced by the entire crowd. The same has been seen across the nation.

The nation’s week-long party has had its effects - in Siovanija, there are reports that there could be a shortage of Ljublanica vodka in stores around Borograd. We wish our Siovanijan brothers and sisters the best during these troubling times. Perhaps the source of the shortage, however, can be traced back to one man.

Razvigor Tsvetanov, the national team right winger, has perhaps best symbolized the current state of the country. Starting on the day of the championship parade, when he went for a swim in the Dragon Fountain in downtown Borograd, Tsvetanov has gone viral for his numerous activities during what he has declared the ‘Summer of Razzy.’ He’s not once been spotted, it seems, without a bottle of something in his hand, and those who’ve encountered him say that the man is absolutely loving life right now. Congrats, Razzy - you deserve the celebration.

So all this means that for many of us, this last week has been a blur. This morning, many in Siovanija & Teusland slumped back in to work - telling coworkers about their experiences of the last week, no doubt. The good news is, nothing too important happened while we were away - domestically, at least. But if everybody’s ready, there’s a new sporting event to turn our eyes towards - the Olympic Games.

Yes, the Olympic Games started this week, and Siovanija & Teusland’s athletes have already been in action. First off, it was the Opening Ceremonies in Istria and Orean - both excellent experiences, no doubt, for our athletes. President Magdalena Hoskova was present at the ceremonies in Istria, joining Kabaka Mwanga at the ceremonies. The special relationship between Siovanija & Teusland and Banija was seen in the ceremony, too, as our athletes received one of the biggest cheers of the day - and they were more than willing to return the gesture with enthusiastic waving.

Our athletes have also already gotten into the action at the games. The biggest success, perhaps, of the opening part of the games so far has been the women’s water polo team - 2 wins from 2 matches, including a 9-5 win over Jeckland, and currently sitting first in Group C. The men’s team, meanwhile, have opened up with two draws from their opening two.

For much of the country, however, the early competition to watch is archery - where the national team is considered to have a few medal hopefuls, including Ferdinand Starker in the men’s competition and Liselotte Schierer in the women’s competition. Starker got off to a strong start, placing 7th in the ranking round on the men’s side. Erik Storch and Samuel Heiden placed 42nd and 46th, respectively. On the women’s side, Schierer placed 13th in the ranking round - a result she was a bit disappointed with. “I know I can be a lot better than that, and I plan on showing exactly what I mean for the rest of the way here.” Natasa Skalova placed 28th, and Monika Stepanova 43rd. In the team rounds, the Goldhorns’ archers placed 8th in both the men’s and women’s team events. The men’s team will be hunting down a medal on day 1 of the games during the knockout rounds.

The duo of Ferdinand Starker and Liselotte Schierer would give their best performance, meanwhile, in the mixed archery event. The pair shot a total of 1339, good enough to place them third in the ranking round, and making them strong contenders going forward. “That was much more of the level I consider myself to be at, and I know Ferdinand was happy with his performance as well - we’ve been excited about this event, and it’s going to be a good challenge,” said Schierer in the aftermath.

There’s more action to come on day 1 at the Olympic Games, of course, as athletes in boxing, aquatics and tennis as well as several team sports will get underway. All eyes in the United Republics, however, will be on the city of Borograd, as its Olympic experience gets underway - day 1 of the men’s gridiron football demonstration event kicking off, with games to be played at the Olimpski-Stadion. Chancellor Dominik Meier will be on hand to open the event, as will several other dignitaries for this important moment in the history of United Republics’ sport.

The games are sure to bring us many great moments going forward. And some of the athletes already have some interesting memories: “My favourite moment so far was watching game 2 of the World Cup of Hockey Final with everybody,” said boxer Zdeno Dragunov. “Just a fun time, and a great team bonding moment. It was super inspiring to watch them win, and we want to bring the same pride back home.”

Here’s to hoping that this great summer of sport in our country will continue. We’ll continue to bring you all the updates from the Istria/Orean Olympic Games. Come on you Goldhorns!
The United Republics of Siovanija & Teusland
Capital: Borograd | Population: 74,245,000 | Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus | Country Code: STL

World Cup of Hockey 40, 41 & 42 Champions ⋆ World Junior Hockey Championship 14 Champions

Hannasea
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hannasea » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:23 am

Social media news round-up from the Hannasean Federation.
    Twitcher:

@tomkwondo just been to the convention center one room for girls in leotards one room for people with swords hmm hope I don’t get mixed up!!

@Jay_Invincible_Pearce feeling pretty vincible right now absolutely gutted sorry to everyone I let down

@summer_420 First round of doping control. Important to present a united front and keep our sports clean. #NoToDrugs

@summer_420 @TwitcherSupport How to change my account name and delete vast swathes of past Twitches? Asking for a friend…

@its__scarlett such a cool opening ceremony almost as cool as #CapraCola’s new Ultra-Classic with a Real Taste of Goat

@Xx_Jazzmine_xX Waking up in the Kelssek National House after an all-nighter #embarrassing
    MyFace:

Georgia Dines
      This is what it’s about. The Olympics. The ultimate test of endurance, athleticism. Pushing ourselves to, and past, the very limit. Achieving all that we can achieve. The men and women of the Hannasean Federation will strain every muscle, jangle every nerve, wring out every drop of sweat, in their pursuit of being the very best. Faster! Higher! Stronger!
      John Whitford, Maryam Johnston, Connor Armstrong and 418,014 others who are willing to overlook the above coming from a table tennis player because she happens to have a pair of cracking charlies like this.
    InstaSnap:

Morgan Sharp posted a picture.
      #throwbackthursday to my last training run at home
      312,167 people like this.

Harry Young
      course in banija is terrible huge lake would have to swim to get to the cycle track shambolic

Clare Charles
      Get off social media, you should be training!

Gemma Colling
      shame no pics from the #openingceremony on your account? :(

Kayden Cox
      um is that a subtle bit of product placement??
        Morgan Sharp replied… absolutely not

Kayden Cox replied… bcos its not subtle??
      Dylan The 4th wall Breaking Wombat
      ^ yes

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:29 am

OOC : Will be dividing up the Part 2 (13) into 2, with the second half being posted for Day 2.

Auld Lang Syne
PART 2.1 (13.1) Dancing On My Own

Now it was 11 in the evening and Asher was already in bed. He could not fall asleep, but he couldn’t clear his mind either. His eyes were slowly following along what had happened that evening, and in some ways the air was still heavy enough for him to stay firmly in the bed.

RING! RING!

It was right around then when his phone rang. Remembering that his phone was in that small table right next to his bed, Asher rolled his body sideways and picked up his phone.

‘Lundrigan here.’ He responded.

‘Good evening, Asher. This is Myeong-Shin. How are you doing?’

Why this late? That’s the first question that came up inside Asher’s mind. Myeong-Shin may be a twenty-five year old star, but he’s normally not up this late. He always preferred, after signing all the autographs post-match, to go to bed early when he’s playing a home series in Kingston, and the Tigers were in the middle of a 12-game homestand.

‘Good...good…’ Asher said. ‘Why did you call? It’s late for you, especially ahead of a weekend series.’

‘Can you cover as MC for the Alumni Banquet this Monday by any chance? Hafferty’s supposed to be doing the job, but he fell ill and you just happened to be in the country.’

‘How did you know?’ Asher assumed that there were two possible explanations behind why Asher ended up in Montreal, and why the call had to happen only an hour or two (who remembers time anyway?) after what it seemed like hours of pure magic, where the butterflies fluttered and all the bones inside his body seemed to have turned into jello. One would be Myeong-Shin finding it out from Myeong-Yoon, his friend no. 1 and always, or the other being that his footballer brother Frank, who just signed with PSV Marzig of Siovanija and Teusland. Being the usual skeptic of a slightly socially reclusive brother (by his standards, not an average person's), he had assumed former to be likelier of the case, but really that wasn’t on his radar.

‘Not saying. Not the most important part anyway.’ was what Myeong-Shin said on the other end of the phone. ‘Anyways, I do owe you something and you do owe people something, so why don’t we go back to old days and celebrate it at a celebration banquet for a few of our olympians? Being an unusual year and whatnot where we have so many repping the colours!'

He nodded. It was indeed a good time for him to return to Kingston and maybe see few things here and there. Having lived there for around a decade, he held special feelings to the city but rarely returned since he got into USC, his brother Sageuany Tech and eventually parents returned to Quebec City. No wonder it seemed right to see how the things were going nowadays.

Hockey was in yet another year of frenzy there - Kingston Knights had just prevailed over Montreal Calaniens on Western Conference Quarterfinals on a dramatic reverse sweep- but other teams were coming along nicely as well and Asher knew this was going to be a good time to come just to watch the balloons of hometown fans grow from April to June.

‘But why me? I’m sure we have enough alumni this time around, unlike our schoolboy days.’

‘Well, you see. Everybody’s convinced by what you wrote to Kingston Star about our school, and the joy and all that. Apparently the Erskine Foundation folks were happy about it, and so were Naomi. May as well bring the best guy on board eh?’

----

A week ago..

Kingston Star : Voice of the Southwest

AVENUE MAGIC : How a Midtown Kingston school ended up with multiple Olympians

ASHER C. LUNDRIGAN

KINGSTON, FRONTENAC-- When you grow up in nice, duplex-filled neighbourhoods with many hockey rinks and gyms that hold enough school-aged children all year long such as Midtown Kingston in Southwestern metropolis, there is a very high chance you’d get easier access before their grade school journeys.

That’s how Yolanda Mansaré grew up, playing in the famed Riley Jeon-Keane Gym, first as a young club basketballer, and later as the starting guard of the Banijan women’s national basketball team.

Stories like Yolanda’s is something that people in Midtown Kingston have long gotten used to, but it is in some ways one of the unique matters that have catapulted Erskine Collegiate and its alumni as a whole to international success. As one of the 18 public schools in the 34-school League of Ancient Schools, Erskine Collegiate has been long beneficiary of the prestige that comes with its high standard and the Midtown area the school resides in. The neighbourhood facilities and the community support, having been there for centuries, fuel what has been an unbelievable cycle.

Fascinatingly enough, Erskine has won qualified at least an alumnus in every Summer Olympics and the Quebecois Commonwealth Games the northwestern-AO nation had participated since 1986 Quebec City Commonwealth Games. Of Erskine’s 11 Olympians and 28 Commonwealthians in that span, 17 involved a form of stick, from baseball and fencing to both forms of hockey. This Summer Olympics should feature six Erskinians who have qualified for Quebec and Banija in Basketball (women’s 5-on-5), Baseball, Fencing (women’s Epee) and Field Hockey (women).

‘There’s something special we do have in the fields here,’ nodded Mansaré, now playing in CSKA Quebec and Banijan women after a collegiate career with Northern Moravica University in her homeland.

And it’s not just the famous baseball team, the producer of 57 alumni into the QBO ranks, or the hockey team, that boasts World Cup of Hockey 26-winning goaltender Sir. Alexandre Browne-Hahm, who played a role in Quebecois prominence here. If anything, their renowned presence in the olympian alumni have played a greater role as the school’s athletic profile rebounded from a slight slump in the 2000s and 2010s.

Of course, having a decently sized scene and large number of collegiate programs in Ontario and Frontenac provinces, as well as South Detroit, certainly help with the appeal and the development of the prospects in fencing, but Erskine does have a particular advantage in its training venue: the specific gym their fencing and archery teams had been sharing since late 1980s.

Ahn Family Gym, located besides but separately from the Riley Jeon-Keane Gym that Erskine CI uses for basketball and volleyball, on top of regular phys-ed classes, was one of the few specific fencing gyms in the country when it was first created in 1987. Created in time for the teams’ founding under the late maitre d’arms, a longtime physics teacher named Hong Nam-Cheol, it was refurbished and expanded in 2007, 2021 and 2038, and has hosted annual invitationals for 57 uninterrupted years. It was there that 23-year old Jo Se-Gyeong, Erskine fencing program’s first Olympian and fifth Commonwealthian, quickly developed her prospects.

When Jo was growing up in nearby Forest Hill neighbourhood, she and her family lived on a small, basement apartment where there was just enough space to put a desk for herself, and she had to work the summers to pay for full year’s discounted fees at Kingston Fencing Club. So getting into Erskine Collegiate, the only public high school program in the Kingston District School Board- two private schools, Kingston Grammar and Kingston Collegiate School, offer programs, and Kingston Grammar’s a single-sex school as well- proved to be a huge lifesaver for her and her family.

For Jo, who was already a regular podium winner at the time, prospects of high school fencing just ten minutes bus ride away was a huge deal. The location, just five minute walk away from Kylington station, was perfectly situated to catch bus and subway rides. There it was where Jo quickly came to focus on both academics and athletics, and aim for both collegiate and post-collegiate options.

‘It was a huge relief to go to a local public school, where your parents didn’t have to worry so much about tuition and you could still afford to play what appears to be an expensive sport on the surface,’ Jo, who eventually fenced for Northwestern University in Attawapiskat, and nowadays fences for the Royal Quebecois Army fencing team, said.

Ballhandling Olympians and Commonwealthers from Erskine have delivered their share of success as well. Basketball legend Riley Jeon-Keane started in 2024 Aeropag and 2030 Novonaya and Provinsk Games, as well as four consecutive Commonwealth Games (2022 Ōtautahi to 2042 Istria), in the middle. Jeon-Keane, who also competed in five IBC teams, helped Royal Kingdom of Quebec win a silver and a bronze in IBCs, and 4/4 Commonwealth Golds, as well as an olympic fourth-place finish in the 2030 Novonaya and Provinsk Games.

As we have already seen with the case of many renowned Erskine alumni, Jeon-Keane’s introduction to her sport came from local parks. Growing up in Mount Pleasant neighbourhood, where Siovanijan legend Zvezdana Lavriè moved there in 2013 after a 12 year career with CSKA Quebec, she came to embrace the sport earlier. It was then that she had noticed a particular tradition with giving back, even as they may have moved onto higher levels and broader reaches. That’s something that the kids in the Kingston Zvezda club continued to do so after all.

‘I was part of the first year cohort as an eight year old, and there were about fourteen of us- 8 boys, 6 girls,’ Jeon-Keane said. ‘Five of us got full-rides and two made it to the pros. And then that’s where the story began.’

Until this Olympics, Jeon-Keane was the only basketball player from Erskine to qualify for the Olympics. Erskine has also sent one handball player - Amira Bhuttar in 2002 Commonwealth Games- and Ji Yong-Seob won the gold medal in men’s team archery in Novonaya and Provinsk.

But sticks have always dominated the scene for Erskine. Erskine’s Commonwealth and Olympic streak began with Hannah Eady ‘81, who was the goalkeeper of the gold medalist field hockey team in the 1986 Quebec City Games. Eady, who played 14 years with St. John’s Raiders before a chiropractic career, was the first of many Erskine graduates who have shone on field hockey.

Foilist Christopher and Epeeist Felix Ahn were other Erskine graduates who made the midtown school their second home. It was there that the locals, who eventually went to Queen’s College coached by legendary William Yi (a non-alum, but longtime guest there as a friend of another coaching legend and Erskine alum, Sir. Philippe Ahn), 13th Duke of Bathurst. Having represented the Grim Reapers since their years at Queen's College post-graduation, they have won 5 gold medals in 2002 and 2006 Commonwealth Games when they both competed with each other, with Felix adding 3 more for 2010, 14 and 18 games.

Then there was Mansaré, who carved a special name for the alma mater...
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:09 pm

Excerpt from The Olympics Show with Jessika Jünkindietrünk.

The second thing you notice about the host is her strong Schutzenphalian accent, though that cannot be entirely blamed for her routine butchering of foreign nation names.

“…but with the right topical cream applied beforehand, the public health risk should be minimal.

“Moving on from swimming now, let’s move on to the team sports. I’m delighted to say Petter Erlingsson of Steinaux has joined us. Petter, you’re looking lost! This isn’t The Fußball Show set!”

“Haha, no it’s not, but after last night’s dreary 0 – 0 tie against Tikariot, frankly I’d rather be looking forward to the Olympics.”

“Well, we’ll talk more about the Baptism of Fire on The Fußball Show, but you’re right, let’s look forward. The Olympic football for men start tomorrow. Big pressure on the Snow Wolves?”

“Collectively, no. I don’t think anyone is expecting them to do all that much in this tournament to be honest Jessika, but there will be pressure on individual players. Jason Þórhallursson, of course, after a disappointing Copa, and with Love Nilsson scoring goals for fun… does Jason even get back in the national team when this is all over? And Matthias Raphaelsson, with Hlégestur Snæþórsson playing pretty well.”

“A difficult group?”

“Well based on last night’s showing it’s difficult to see them beating Tikariot. Vekaiyu are a strong Olympic force, not so much for football, but very experienced. I think it’ll be a hard qualification.”

“OK Petter, stay with us – we’re moving on to handball, but don’t worry, there’ll be no penalties given out!

“So – handball. A sport where Græntfjall took a big risk and sent their first team to the Olympics, their youth team to the Handball World Cup. The opposite of the approach in football?”

“Yeah, it’s pretty strange: the old folks’ home has been raided for the Baptism of Fire squad yet all these pimple-faced teens turning out in handball. I’m not the biggest expert in the sport but I think the lads have acquitted themselves well, and won a great upset over Sarzonia last night.”

“Both men’s and women’s teams now have a lot of expectation to do well at the Olympics.”

“Yes they do. The women have the tougher group, I think, what with Kriegiersien being so strong.”

“Will you be watching the handball, Petter?”

“I’ll tune in now and then to follow the updates, but between the football and the cycling…”

“Ah yes! The cycling kicks off tomorrow with the women’s road race, and plenty of home interest there. Julia Magnussdóttir, Vera Kennethsdóttir, and of course Johanne ‘Meaty Thighs’ Björnólfursdóttir going for the road race – time trial double. Meaty Thighs… I’m not sure what this phrase means?”

“It means she could crack walnuts between ’em.”

“Ah, I see. So you’re looking forward to the cycling.”

“I am, the road race is always so unpredictable. No big teams like in the tours, a chance for a rouleur to go out there and really shake things up. The course looks fantastic, the hosts have an excellent pedigree in cycling, and it’s a popular sport. I always watch a few Classics, and I’m really looking forward to it. Though obviously, it’d be even better if Johanne or Julia, whose thighs I can’t speak to the meatiness thereof, went out there and absolutely smashed it.”

“Anything else you’re looking forward to tomorrow?”

“I think all of it, really. A few events so far but tomorrow is the first day that really feels like an Olympic-sized serving.”

“Olympic-sized serving, very nice way of putting it. Petter Erlingsson, thank you.”

He stands to leave, but as Jessika also stands to address the visual display board, his exit is extremely slow.

GTV caption editors are noted for their highly advanced forward thinking skills

“Now I’m delighted to say we’re joined, live from Orinoco, by Vera Kennethsdóttir.”

Vera appears on screen, conveniently in her Village room so it’s impossible to tell what time of day it is.

“Vera, thank you for joining us.”

Slight delay, which can be assumed from now on…

“Thank you Jessika.”

“Nervous about the big race tomorrow?”

“Not nervous – looking forward to it! Had a good run up and down Mount Konshua today, now it’s all about fueling up, and getting a good night’s sleep.”

“Yes, I imagine those meaty thighs need a lot of fuel!”

“What!?”

“Uhm, never mind. So Vera, lots of Græntfjallers will be watching tomorrow. Will there be much support there in Oralexam?”

“I wouldn’t say we have the biggest contingent of fans here, Jessika, but those that have made the journey are definitely passionate. I saw a few flags fluttering as I rode the course today. And of course we all watched the football match in Fontveille.”

“That should help with the good night’s sleep.”

“Yeah…”

“And what are your plans after this, Vera? It must be a little strange – Day 1, and your race is run. Or, cycled.”

“It is a bit strange, though it’s probably stranger for those who got knocked out before the Games even really began! But I knew coming here that the schedule was this way. Once it’s over, I’ll spend a few days here supporting the team, then travel back to start training for the upcoming domestic season.”

“Will we see a Græntfjaller on the podium tomorrow?”

“Oh, I don’t want to disappoint anyone by making a prediction that doesn’t come true. We’re all feeling really good – but anything can happen on a road race course, and with a team of just four there’s very little protection if someone breaks away or if wind causes echelons.”

“And what have you made of the Olympic Village so far?”

“It’s very nice. I’m glad we’re in Orean, I have to admit, I couldn’t do without my morning coffee! It’s been fun mingling with all the other athletes. Græntfjall doesn’t have the biggest footprint on the world stage but there’s all sorts here, foxes, elves…”

“OK Vera, well, we’d better let you get some rest. Good luck tomorrow!”

“Thank you Jessika.”

The screen reverts to the [stunningly high-tech] graphic shown before, and Jessika turns to the camera.

“And as a reminder, we’ll be bringing you full coverage of that road race on GTV tomorrow, along with highlights of football, handball, and field hockey, plus…Petter you’re still here!?”
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

South Newlandia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby South Newlandia » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:15 pm

Excerpts from the Opening Ceremonies on South Newlandia One

OJ: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, here we finally are, reporting live from Istria. It is finally time; here is the opening ceremony for the 14th Olympic Summer Games!
JK: We are here a little later than usual, because there were no events with South Newlandian participation today, but we are finally kicking off now. It is, perhaps, the biggest show of sports in several years; it is the opening ceremony for nothing other than the Olympic Games! Tell me, Olivia, are you just as hyped as I am?
OJ: I sure am, and I can’t wait to see to South Newlandian delegation marching in. But first, Banija has prepared a spectacular show for us. Let’s watch it together; I am sure it will be a breath-taking experience.

(In total awe, Olivia Jones and Jim Koolman are watching the bigger part of the ceremonies, barely saying a word through the Story of Banija, the Cultural presentation and the concert)

OJ: Wow; breathtaking was a massive understatement for that! What a beautiful, what a gorgeous presentation! I loved every bit of it!
JK: I still need a moment to gather my senses, wow!
OJ: They really went above and beyond to make what was surely the best Introduction ever, I am amazed. And there, the nations’ delegations are finally coming out to march, with the Commonwealth of Baker Park being the first. The delegations will march almost alphabetically, so we have to wait a bit for the South Newlandian delegation.
(A bit later)
JK: Here is the delegation from Siovanija and Teusland, that’s another big one. You can hear the crowd cheering, you can probably barely hear us anymore, you can see, they really are liked here.
OJ: The South Newlandian football team will play them eventually; I am already excited for that.
JK: And here comes the delegation from Sirian, which should be the last one before the –
OJ: Here they are, it’s the South Newlandian delegation! You can see them in their Blue, Green and Yellow-golden outfits, and Fabio Ventura is all the way in the front waving the South Newlandian flag!
JK: We aren’t usually very patriotic here in South Newlandia, but I think that makes all of us as least a bit proud to be South Newlandian. I know I’m proud.
OJ: It really is a great sight. Behind him, you can see the delegation; with all of the 100 and then some athletes here in Istria. We will see most, if not all of them in action at some point, and I am really looking forward to it. Speaking of, lets tell those watching what we get to see tomorrow.
JK: Yeah, after the opening ceremony, things are really kicking off now. I mean, that makes sense, doesn’t it? So, there is the first matchday of the football tournament, where South Newlandia will get to play the team from Fraglia-Cox; Brandon van Simonson will be covering that for us.
OJ: We’ll also see the baseball team in action for the first time, after they had a bye day on the first match day. South Newlandia will play against Lovisa here, so let’s hope for a win here too. That game will be covered by Lucia Millher, you might know here already from the Softball coverage.
JK: We also get to see some table tennis, with the mixed double of Gabriel Forster and Helen Berger entering in the Round of 32, covered by Marcus Marksman, our man for table tennis.
OJ: And last but not least, we will see Victoria Hope and Cindy Summers on the beach volleyball field, entering the group stage. Jessica Libakra will be there live, so stay tuned for that as well!
JK: No fewer than four events, two of those in the two most important South Newlandian sports? Get ready for a day of fantastic games and matches.
OJ: That already concludes our coverage for today; we hope to see you again tomorrow. My name is Olivia Jones,
JK: And I am Jim Koolman, and you are watching South Newlandia One.

Mattijana
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:36 pm

Olympic Spotlight: Archery Aiming High after Time Out of the Limelight

MFO SPORT

As part of a series being written alongside the Olympic Games in Orean and Istria, MFO Sport takes a look at some the multiverse's more obscure sports that might produce some heroic underdog tales and even some medal winners for Mattijana. Baseball-Softball was the subject of part one and we now take a look at the sport of archery.

Track back a few years and the likes of Matej Pingov and Katja Kreuzana might have been household names. Ok, maybe not quite household, but certainly well-known to any self-respecting sports fan, which in Mattijana does cover a lot of households.
The two seasons of the NS Archery Tour that ran were well-received by the cluster of nations that participated including Qasden, Kernovi and fellow Olympic heavyweights West Phoenicia. Pingov and Kreuzana, the latter debuting at just 19 years of age, produced some good performances before the money and publicity ran out and archery was resigned to the list of sports who's stay in the public domain was as short and sweet as the journey of an arrow between bow and target.

Despite the disappointing lack of regular international competition for athletes across the world, the huge motivating factor of Olympic medals remains. That prize has taken on more significance too, with only domestic championships and qualifying tournaments for the games breaking up the long cycle from one Olympics to the next. Fortunately, archery is a sport where athletes can have some longevity and so Pingov, Kreuzana and others such as Jelena Allicic and Dominik Letzmann will still be able to return for a good few Olympiads should their form also stand the test of time.

Largely owing to the world tour, archery has seen a bit of a comeback in recent years and the NasinalTierZentra is the perfect embodiment of that. Combining the traditional hunting technique of the rural north with the innovation of the city, the recently refurbished area is an excellent training centre for Olympic hopefuls and developing archers alike. During the crucial training period before the games, it's mainly the former that are using the facility.

Situated in the north of Petrovijanka, walking into the centre feels like walking into the back garden of a plush embassy or stately home. That does have something to do with the fact it was once a stately home of course, the property belonging to wealthy Puljankan Julian Kulnic before the Mattijanan revolution 150 years ago, after which the site was claimed for public use. Stepping through the lobby takes you through into a vast outdoor space, previously a formal garden and now the main archery arena, flanked by a pair of stands for spectators.

Pingov and team coach Max Seidel are using a target to the far right of the main arena, looking to string together a scoring run from the Olympic distance of 70 metres. For mere mortals, even hitting the target from that range would be a stiff challenge, but for elite competitors, bullseyes are needed if an athlete has any chance of a medal. Firing his final shot towards the board, just wide of a maximum on this occasion, he strides towards the target to retrieve his arrows.

The Mattijanan number one is quietly confident ahead of the Games. "I'm feeling in good touch. We've had a lot of training time here after the qualifying championships to get into some rhythm and make any technical changes, so I'm excited to get on the plane to Banija.

We've been really lucky to have funding from the Department of Sport to keep the Olympic squad in full-time training. Things for some athletes across the world have been tough since the tour collapsed, so we're fortunate to still be able to make a living doing the sport we all love."

Of course the lack of regular international action has taken it's toll on the sport as the pool of interest begins to dry up, but many newcomers to the sport have stuck with it even as the opportunities available have dropped. Pingov himself is optimistic about some of the youngsters coming through the ranks.

"We had a huge amount of interest in the sport during the tour which was great, particularly in getting people from less traditional environments into the sport. To have people from Petrovijanka come along who would have otherwise gone for a more popular sport like Hockey or tennis is fantastic for our profile."

On the women's side, Katja Kreuzana is the Mattijanan favourite. She too is hopeful for the future, but is keen for a return to regular international competition.

"I think we'll always have a good baseline level of participation from our traditional followers, but it's important to our future to get people from more urban environments interested. Long term, we're going to need a return to the tour to really get the numbers we had a few years ago, but I think there's ample appetite for that in Mattijana, we just need to get other countries back interested and see if there's new ground we can break into internationally."

Kreuzana finished 25th in her individual ranking round, with athletes from Krytenia having a particularly good day. Katrina Kristensen and Evelyn O'Brien will go under the radar thanks to protests from the tennis team about the decision to eliminate some athletes on the preliminary days to the games, but look set to deliver some good results and possibly even a medal or two. They were 3rd and 4th, with Ashton Jeavons 10th in the men's equivalent. Also showing good form were Frederick von Marshall and Hugo de Vries from Chromatika, the only athletes to finish ahead of 3rd-placed Pingov in the men's individual rankings.

Those nations are the ones where there may just be the athletes and the publicity to get hooked on the archery bug that was well into general circulation a few years ago. The fever has died down a little, but the right results in the right places could make for a really bright future at the NasinalTierZentra and beyond.
The socialist republic of Mattijana:
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.
through resilience, we are strong!

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:36 pm

Relaxing a Little Too Much? Athletes Weigh In
Reporting for V3 News Services, Rin Slakori

OREAN - There's something to be said about finally making the Olympiad. It takes courage, dedication, and not just daily commitment, but almost a lifetime of commitment. Every athlete from across the nation competing in these games has chosen to undertake a difficult responsibility: represent the nation abroad. In that way, it's very much a tradeoff: a chance of fame and excellence in return for maintaining decorum and decency. Optics are high, and any mistakes or moments of triumph will certainly be magnified and scrutinized. That's where our responsibility comes into play, being the premier Olympic news services for the predominantly vulpine state. Vekaiyu was not always a nation of a relaxed press; on the contrary, historical publications were often heavily edited in order to paint an image of perfection and efficiency. That's not to say we have swung on the other side of the spectrum. Rather, we attempt to cover all stories in an objective light that is independent of governmental suggestions. It's just better that way.

Typically, stories of ill-reprieve would simply not be covered. However, an emerging problem has been witnessed from across these games thus far: Vekaiyuns these days seem to be lushes. After a fairly subdued Opening Ceremonies, Vekaiyuns spent their time relaxing, celebrating, and, above all else, drinking.

Alcohol isn't frowned upon in Vekaiyu, but as with anything else, it's everything in moderation. Historically, liquor was associated with laziness, inefficiency, and emotional instability. Such was the theme under Max Venavle. These days, stigmas are much more relaxed, but when entire dumpsters are filled with imported high gravity beer and islovium, it would no doubt raise eyebrows among those most interested in how the vulpine nation performs.

"It's not anyone's business when it comes to what we do or don't do in these games," Olympic gold medalist in marathon swimming Viktor Disnistre said. "So long as we represent our nation well, I don't think anyone should have a problem with it."

Lisa Ikaveri is well-known for her abstinence for alcoholic drinks. "It's my choice, but I don't think it really should be scorned if someone wants to relax with a drink," she added, apparently unfazed by the volume of spirits consumed over the last few days by the Vekaiyun athletes. "It was a pain to get here anyway. If someone needs a little bit of something extra to de-stress, then it shouldn't be a problem. Probably a better thing than rooting through dumpsters to get a bottle count or something."

"Vekaiyun athletes aren't drunks," Stapen Skilusi explained. "You literally can't be when everything is screened and there are hundreds if not thousands of athletes trying to take your spot back home. My thoughts? If it wasn't there, no one would have any [drinks]. Don't like it? Then don't supply it."

While athletes seem to be taking an understandably hands-off approach, it remains to be seen if the Vekaiyun Olympic Council will make a move. The word is mum thus far, but not everyone is being quiet over this.

"Athletes are under enormous pressure to perform," Olympic Chairwoman Riyna Yovisktre informed V3 News after comments clearly were brought to her attention, no doubt. "It's not really anyone's business as to what coping mechanisms our athletes use during these games. We will monitor for excess, but the criticisms will cease once the medals and memorable performances fill the papers once again."

We will continue to follow this story, although not with the same amount of fervor. Nevertheless, it remains a duty of V3 News Services to report on all events, good or bad, favorable or unfavorable.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:42 pm

RP cutoff, Day 1.
Orean results: viewtopic.php?p=37530926#p37530926
Last edited by Liventia on Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:54 pm

JUDO: Agony for poor Polly

Polly Gennaro suffered a heartbreaking defeat to miss out on a first Krytenian medal of the Games in the women's under-48kg judo. Gennaro, 19, had regrouped once after losing to home judoka Sophia Greenway in the quarter-finals, but just couldn't quite make the most of her second chance.

Having defeated Maria Zdunowski of the Pine Republic in her first repechage bout, Gennaro faced Lisa Kann of The Sarian in the bronze medal match. The Avidian was strong in the early exchanges, with a sweeping hip throw (a harai goshi, to give it the technical term) scoring a second-tier point (waza-ari) and putting Gennaro in command. One more of those, and a first-tier ippon - an automatic victory in the sport - would be hers.

Judo can be a cruel mistress, though, and it only takes one mistake or well-executed throw to upend the scoreboard. So it was with Kann, executing a perfect kibisu geishi counter-throw, leaving Gennaro flat on her back and bringing The Sarian the bronze. For Gennaro, the lamentation of what might have been, and the experience of a first Olympics. She'll be back in four years, older, wiser, and hopefully gunning for the gold.

CYCLING: Parry falters in gruelling road race

The roads in and around Orean played host to one of the most punishing Olympic road races in history this afternoon, with an early breakaway and fractured peloton making for hard racing throughout the field. Julia Magnussdóttir of Græntfell took the gold through stamina as much as skill, with Caroline Parry finishing as the top Krytenian in the field.

A dozen riders made up the opening breakaway, with eleven different nations represented. Parry and Julie Nome of West Phoenicia took up the bulk of the power riding in the early part of the race, opening up a gap to the main field whilst hoping to drop a few potential contenders off the lead group. The tactic didn't quite work, as the twelve riders held together well past halfway.

As the race entered the final 20km, Parry's hard early riding came back to bite her, as she was dropped off the back of the field alongside None. The peloton attempted to give chase, but the pace required to catch the leaders served only to stretch and cluster out the riders in the main pack.

In the end, Magnussdóttir had the most resolve, powering away from Siobhán Feeaknock in the closing 500m to take gold, with the Ancharmunn cyclist winning silver, and Omerican Christa Rex winning bronze for the Commonwealth Union. Parry would eventually finished a rather out-of breath twelfth place and left to wonder what could have been.

GYMNASTICS: Two through to apparatus finals

The artistic gymnastics qualifiers are always a tense affair, as many competitors vie for a handful of spots. Though things are slightly less competitive than previous Games owing to a reduction in team sizes from six to four, Orean's qualifiers still provided the usual drama plus the elation of two Krytenians making it to the medal stage.

Though none of the Krytenian foursome could make it count for the individual or team all-around events, there will be a sky blue flavour to two of the apparatus finals. Damon Armfield's solid parallel bars routine scored a 16.275 from the judges, allowing him to qualify for an expanded final due to tying for the all-important eighth spot. In the pommel, meanwhile, Dan Wyndham had no such worries, as a hypnotic performance put him comfortably through in fifth place, and the potential for a medal if he can unleash a few more tricks in his arsenal.

The women's qualifiers are tomorrow, and the girls will be hoping to at least match the boys' performance, albeit with two fewer pieces of apparatus to try and qualify on.

Inspired to try gymnastics? Find local clubs for this and other Olympic sports and get active at www.kbs.kt/sportforall

Watch all the action from Orean and Istria at www.kbs.kt/smartview
Last edited by Krytenia on Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kriegiersien
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kriegiersien » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:58 pm

++Olympic telegram++

The first medals arrived.

JUDO—Women’s 48 kg
Bayo Netta (KGS) (bronze) def. Maria Schtenko (VKL)

Bayo Netta beat Greater Vakolicci Havens Star Maria Schtenko for bronze. She was after the competition called out for being one of the most annoying opponents, who had to rearrange her hair and Judo Gi more times then she did attack moves.
“I swear, she nearly chocked me once with her hair and hit me with it”, one contestant claimed.
Bayo Netta calmy brushed her meters long hair at the medal ceremony, denying interviews.

Joshua Halliday (LEN) def. Dogman (KGS)

Dogman won silver in Judo, losing only to the hosts champion in Men’s 60 kg, but afterwards had to talk more about the soon to be published comic Dogman.

“I am not a superhero that roams at night in the city to fight crime. That is ridiculous. I am also not a dog, that is a dog mask I am using for wrestling. And obviously I am also not drawn, that is all fiction. Now excuse me, I have to change to fight c… damned...in the wrestling competition in Istria next.”

++

Medal hopes in Gymnastics still existent.

2 qualifications for rings, 1 final for vault, 2 in bars and one in team in Gymnastics.

The mothers and fathers of the Kriegiersien athletes (all former Olympic athletes themselves and often their coaches) were visible more carried away than the participants and needed medical help after the qualification.
"Just some circulatory problems and hoarse voices", the doctors stated.
++

Soccer is coming home. Or better: The football team is out of the IAX and now arrived in Orean.
At the Independent Associations Championship the team ended as third in their group and went out. In their last match Imogen Wu was again the only one able to score in the tournament, what was not enough to prevent the 2-4 loss against Squornshelan.
As the player is not eligible for the Olympics, it remains the question who should score for the team in Orean. At least travelling will now be much easier.

And at late hour they did score.
Against Jeckland two goals meant a 2:0 win. If the strikers don't score, the midfielders just hammer in distance shots. Now the Main Nation Ministry and Darmen await as next opponents in the group to reach the playoffs.
Last edited by Kriegiersien on Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017

Postby West Phoenicia » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:09 pm

To: gymnasts@olympics.KWP; all@olympics.KWP
Subject: ATTENTION ALL MORONIC GYMNAST SKANKS!!

– Thunderous applause! If you’re seeing this, it means you’ve conquered the restrictions of your little Peabrains, and actually opened an email. So if you've just opened this like you're supposed to, then tie yourself down to whatever chair or hipster beanbag you're sitting in, put down your skinny latte, because this email is going to be a rough effing ride!!!

Now if you’re asking yourself “Uhhhhh, wait, I’m bewildered. Could Melissa really be talking to me? Could I possibly be a moronic gymnast skank?" Just ask yourself the following questions out loud: "IS MY NAME SCARLETT GELLER or ATHENA CHEW or GLOW CAPULET...?? If the answer to any of those is YES, then CONGRATULATIONS! THIS MESSAGE IS FOR YOU TRIAD OF SLUTS!

So, do you all remember when we agreed to meet at the mats for practice, and how the West Phoenician gymnastic federation gave us all awesome new phones, so that when it came time to be here, the phone would ping with a text message and tell us where to be and when?

And all you had to do was come and meet at the mats? And then do you remember NOT coming to the mats, despite it being made super easy for you with a training plan so simple that a four year old could have worked it out, --OR Bella Wu, our effing COACH, who was born in Annixe EFFING CHRISTOS!!?

I mean CMONNNN, like an actual kindergartener, -or a FOREIGNER, -of any kind of intellect, could have looked down at a device making noise, pushed a button and OPENED A FREAKIN MESSAGE!!. I'll bet if it was a DICK PIC of current hottie champ rhythmic gymnast, Glen Debney, not only would you all have been on it like white on rice, but it would have been well downloaded to all your skanky servers by now or printed out and packed in your luggage with your well over-used VIBRATORS!!

I mean do you remember ANY PART of this PLAIN AND SIMPLE TRAINING PLAN? I’m frankly asking if your teeny skanked out brains have the ability to process ANY OF THIS SUPER-SIMPLE KINDERGARTENER LEVEL INSTRUCTIONS! Because what I recall is that NONE OF YOU SHOWED UP!!!
Which meant I had to contend with our bulldyke coach AND those bitchy "Team Rhythmic" SLUTS who are a hairs breadth away from their own mutual masturbation orgy that somehow includes clubs and goddam hoops- ALL BY MYSELF!!

I mean on their own, I could probably handle Melody Haven or Tara Mitchell, I mean they like shopping for cute stuff, and can carry on like a normal conversation, but if I have to hear LaTeisha Johnson from Agape, who's so religious it's like I'm visiting the fracking PONTIFF every time I'm in the gym, go on about her time at church camp again, I'm going to SCREAM!
And who knows what that Donatella Vicage is even saying? I mean you've been in West Phoenicia for FOUR EFFING YEARS girl, learn to SPEAK the language!!

AND my day got even harder trying to avoid the grasping hands of Lesbo No.1 and Lesbo No.2 Clara Gryphon and Delta Sinclair is like trying to avoid the meaty paws and meaty THIGHS of the female hockey team. It's like HEY BUTCH, NO MEANS NO!!

There I was, ALONE with them, TRYING to come up with something to say to the FREAKS, -when it accidentally came out of my mouth that I am an actual gymnast. And they are Rhythmic Gymnasts. And Rhythmic Gymnasts are gymnasts who have gone retarded! And what they do is a weird and pathetic glittery subset of gymnastics!!. Well you would think I'd said something offensive, I mean man-hands Delta nearly ripped my arm off!!! So THANKYOUUU VERY MUCH for being there to support me, oh wait, you weren't!!!

And did you air-headed skanks BOTHER to remember that Baroness Flora Freeman, the WEST PHOENICIAN OLYMPIC FEDERATION PRESIDENT!!!, was supposed to be there today??! She comes into the room and is all "Ahh aren't there supposed to be four of you?" And I'm stuck there like a total loser, having a super awkward convo with her, where I'm trying to come up with an excuse as to why you're NOT in the room, "Ahhh yes ma'am but I like doing it solo, gives me time to think, and I believe they're practising in the bathroom because they love tiny spaces", ---Like caged freakin CHIMPS!!!

I don’t actually know what you overrated whores COULD have been doing that was more important than coming to practice- for a chance for our country to win MEDALS, but unless that thing you were doing was pimping yourselves out for us to get more sponsors, like literally trolling the Orean streets, LIKE if you were doing basically ANYTHING else, you all should seriously consider doing the human race a favor and getting lobotomies. I’m not being facetious, I literally think you should consider undergoing a surgical procedure, thereby sparing decent West Phoenician society exposure to your loose brain cells clanging together in your giant worthless HEADS!!!

On top of that, I've heard whispers that one of you airhead whores approached Judah Craven of our men's Water Polo squad and seriously asked, if this is Water Polo, how do the horses breathe underwater? Do the horses have snorkels?
Seriously whores, are you kidding me? This was said in front of a member from the Darmen squad who was heard commenting to another delegation, it's sweet West Phoenicia allows special needs players into the games. Are you guys kidding me??? Please let me know if this was a poor attempt at humour of if you were serious. Coz if you asshats were serious, you seriously need to transfer over to the special Olympics for brain dead whores!!!!

You three hoochie's ARE THE WORST SPECIMENS OF HUMAN BEINGS EVER BORN and you should all actually watch your backs, because if the last Olympics serial killer who took out our teammate Claire Tan, doesn't get a copycat fan targeting one of us THIS YEAR, and one of THOSE VICTIMS isn't one of YOU THREE-- then it's going to ME DOING IT!!!

Also, I want you bitches to think of what you ate today. Got it? Now cut that in half, this is called a diet people, -everyone starts one today! And Athena, you should STOP eating altogether. You see, when you skip a meal, your body feeds off its own fat. And if you skip enough, maybe your body will eat your HUGE THIGHS! And if you continue GETTING any fatter, you won't be able to eat with us in the cafeteria anymore, -we don't hang with water buffalo. Your last NAME is Chew, it's not really what your mouth should always be doing! And watch out for your arse, before it gets so big it forms its own website!

And before you other two stupid bitches whine, "Why does EVERYONE have to go on a diet just because Athena's huge?" Because, in gymnastics we fly through the air. And FAT PEOPLE don't stick a landing so gracefully!! We are supposed to fly over the Vault, not be the Vault.
I mean when we perform our routine on the balance beam, the judge does not award points for breaking it.
As we are ONE DAY away from performing for all the world to see, if I see anything but a 1.9 calorie tic tac go into your Jabba the Hutt mouths, I will literally punch you in the face on the world stage.

And for those of you that have your heads jammed up your own butts, which apparently is all of you, you have been EFFING UP in terms of Olympic member events and general social interactions with other sportsmen and the GENERAL PUBLIC. I've been getting text after text about you people literally NOT attending events you're supposed to be at, and when you do ACTUALLY show up, stumbling in blind, and being so effing AWKWARD and so effing WEIRD AND INAPPROPRIATE. If you're reading this right now and saying to yourself "But I really tried to be classy and attend functions Melissa. It's just I've been having so much fun partying with my teammates this week!", then punch yourselves in the face right now so that I don't have to fucking find you around this village and do it MYSELF!!

I do not give a flying frack, and the Olympic committee does not give a flying frack, about how much you EFFING love to go clubbing with your teammates. You have the WHOLE REST of the EFFING year to party yourself to a stupor, and this period in the Olympic Village is NOT, I effing repeat NOT ONE OF THEM. This time is about showcasing West Phoenicia as the best of the best to the Olympic community and the fracking WORLD, and that's not effing possible to do if you're going to act like SLUTTY LOSER RETARDS!!

Newsflash you stupid pricks: YOU CAN'T COMPETE IF YOU'RE DRUNK, HIGH or EXHAUSTED from banging the men's rowing team!!!
!! Oh wait, DOUBLE EFFING NEWSFLASH: This West Phoenician trash behaviour can get us KICKED OUT FOR INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR!! Which by the way, in case you're idiots and need it spelled out for you, IS ACTUALLY IN DANGER OF HAPPENING YOU BRAINDEAD FREAKAZOIDS!!

I have also overheard that you have been seen bragging openly about one of you sleeping with a WP Gymnastic board member recently, IN FRONT OF ELITE MEMBERS OF THE OLYMPIC COMMITTEE. Are you people fucking retarded??
That's not a rhetorical question, I LITERALLY want you to email me back telling me if you're mentally slow, so I can make sure you don't go to anymore important events. Or even leave your rooms except for training and competing and supporting our gymnastics teams, which brings me to another point.

You SHOULDN'T be seen or heard supporting other sportsmen from other countries!! I don't give a FRACK if your boyfriend is competing here, or your sister or your brother or even if your entire family is in a rowing team together for a rival team!!. YOU DON'T GO. YOU. DON'T. GO. And you ESPECIALLY do effing NOT convince other girls to do it with you. If West Phoenicia is not in the event, you do not go!

And that BETTER not be true that I heard that Scarlett was seen waving a different countries flag yesterday in a large random crowd!! Fracking mindless minions!!

"Buttttt!", you say in a whiny little bitch voice as you read this email, "I've still been seen cheering on our teams at all the sports, doesn't that count for something?" NO YOU STUPID EFFING ASS-HATS, IT EFFING DOESN'T. DO YOU WANNA EFFING KNOW WHY?!! IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE YOU'VE ALSO BEEN SEEN CHEERING FOR OTHERRRRR TEAMMMMS.!! And not just in other sports, but I've gotten texts about you people being seen actually cheering for the opposing GYMNASTIC MEN'S TEAMMMMS. The opposing. Effing. Teamssss. ARE YOU EFFING STUPID?!! I don't give a SHIT about sportsmanship, YOU CHEER FOR OUR GOSH DAMN TEAM AND NOT THE OTHER ONES. ARE YOU EFFING STUPID??

Stop being so fracking dense!! I will effing knock out the next person I hear doing ANY of these things I've listed, and I don't give a frack if you are pissed off at me, I WILL EFFING ASSAULT YOU!!!

"Ohhh, I'm now boohooing", you whine, "Your email has hurt my snowflake feelings". Well GOOD!! And I tell you, if ANY OF YOU still haven't gotten what I'm saying, and you STILL have plans to go out drinking this afternoon or hanging out with some other nation, then DO NOT GO TO ANYMORE EVENTS!! I'm not effing kidding. Don't go!! Seriously, if you keep doing ANYTHING that I've mentioned in this email and don't straighten up, or have some weird unheard of disease that makes you unable to NOT act like a loser retard, then you are just HORRIBLE, I repeat, HORRIBLE PR FOR WEST PHOENICIA!! Seriously. I swear that from now on, if I see anyone being a fracking boner, I will tell you to leave this village and go back home MYSELF. I'm not even kidding. Just try me moles!!
And if you are offended at this email, I would apologize, but I really don't GIVE a frack!

Sincerely,
Melissa St Marie
Last edited by West Phoenicia on Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports