NATION

PASSWORD

World Bowl XXXIX ~ Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:00 pm

Dynasty Report Today
Welcome back to the dynasty report today! It is definitely an early dynasty, and a interesting one, let’s hope right into it now!

Number 3: Dancougar 1-6
Dancougar is by far the earliest dynasty on this list that we have so far. They started h their run in World Bowl 1, the first ever. The played the tournament in Newmanistan, another early power from their time. They went on to beat Arozza, in a 30–23 nail biter to secure the championship in the first ever edition of the tournament. In World Bowl 3, they travelled to Arozza, the same nation that they had beaten in their first title, and secured a spot in the finals again. They ended up in another nail biter, but this time they wouldn’t come out on top. They lost in a 10-9 game to Qazox. They would however, come back to the finals in World Bowl 4, hosted in Qazox. They would end up beating Newmanistan, one of their biggest rivals from the time, in a close game. Final score, 36–28. Dancougars third and final title would happen to come in Secristan, against the same team they had beaten before, Newmanistan. Another close game would solidify their dynasty amongst the best. 6 Seasons, 4 finals appearances, 3 Titles.

Northwest Kalactin 34–3 Sarzonia
Well, that’s good news, we finally got a win. Coming into this the Kalactanian team was looking like one of the worst team in the tournament, coming in with an 0-2 record, and also got blown out in both games. Jack Russell finally got back on his feet today, throwing for 4 passing touchdowns, a cherry on top of the 350 yard passing show that he already put on. Mark Bruner was his highlight receiver that game, catching one touchdown and having his second straight 100 yard game. He is probably the strongest offensive player on the team, outside of Russell. The offensive line also came out and dominated today, only allowing 1 sack for Russell, a huge upgrade from the 6 that they had allowed the game before. This is a huge upgrade from what we had before in games against Torisakia and the Greater Nordics, and we hope that the Kalactanians will be able to ride this momentum into the tough group games, against Kohnhead and Free Republics. Momentum can do crazy things for a team that needs it, and we hope that the Kalactanians will use it well. Bruner has stated that he really wants to improve his blocking ability, stating “I belive most see me as a receiving tight end, although I also need to the be a better blocker. Jack needs some good protection back there, and I am just as responsible for it as our offensive lineman. Bruner, now 25, is a star tight end for the Kalactanians, and recently signed a 4 year, 30 million dollar contract with Brenleigh.

Stats
Kalactin
Pass Yards: 350
Rush Yards: 68
Sacks Given Up: 1
Turnovers: 0
Conversion Rate: 100%

Sarzonia
Pass Yards: 202
Rush Yards: 109
Sacks Given Up: 4
Turnovers: 3
Conversion Rate: 100%
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:05 pm

Xanneria crushes grapes!
By Gene Bryant

This almost got painful

MARIETTA - A 34-7 crushing of St Kanye has seen the Maroons crush the grape purple team of St Kanye. A runaway truck known as Eric Fausenbach scored three of the four TDs for the Maroons including the games only rushing receiving TD. Fuasenbach is a beast, a human whose 6'2'' and 235, he can take ok loads of other human with out missing a beat, his two rushing touchdowns were from 7 and 3 yards, both tank like runs whit multiple Kanye's on him. Saint Kanye isn't known for their prowess in sports, while STK as they are known over here have a well known Racing team they are independant of governing bodies and their sports teams in team sports aren't as well known. That being said they don't teach gridiron players how to stop the run. Fausenbach had two rushing TDs and Elliot Perez ran for over 190 yards and a TD. Even Kwame Marks got 50 yards on the gorund.

As for the QB he got some footing after a rough overtime that saw him fumble away the victory. He got in some passes and did, well fairly pedestrian. He attempted 17 passes and completed 10 of them, one was a five yard dip and dink pass to Fausenback and another was a fifty yard pass to Prisim Perez (no relation to Elliot). Over all the team did well with most major writiers of my ilk giving them a B+ to A- rating. The defense also did well forcing two turnovers. One a fumlble recovered by Ryan Harris and the other an interception by Baxter Raymond-Clivette. Xanneria is now the leader of their group with a 2-1 record and two big victories, the would could be the Maroons!

First Quarter
Fausenbach 7 yard run (Stankowitz kick) 7-0 (12:21)
Stankowitz 34 yard FG 10-0 (3:44)

Second Quarter
NO SCORING
Third Quarter
Stankowitz 48 yrd FG 13-0 (12:19)
Hussein Jeffers 79yrd TD from Klein (Rasputin Kick) 13-7 (10:07)
Prisim Perez 50 yrd pass from Kwame Marks (Stankowitz Kick) 20-7 (6:31)
Fausenbach 3 yard Run (Stankowitz Kick) 27-7 (1:25)

Fourth Quarter
Fausenbach 5yrd TD reception from Marks (Stankowitz kick) 34-7 (13:13)

STAT LEADERS
Passing - Landon Klein (STK) 28-40 301 yrds 1td 1 int 8 rushes 12 yrds
Rushing - Elliot Perez (XAN) 31 rushes 190 yards 1 rec -2 yrds
Receiving - Hussan Jeffers (STK) 4 catches 101 yrds 1TD
Defense - Jed Duncan (STK) 12 tkls 1.5 sacks 2 PBAs
Last edited by Xanneria on Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:57 am

Build your own Defence! a mediocre Choose Your Own Adventure

"Hey, my name is Luc Jauffret, the defensive coordinator for the Dragonflies, the proud, two-time World Bowl winning Ko-orenite national team. Since the overhaul of the coaching staff, we've been able to put together a much more tailored defence against all of the offenses that are thrown at us. The biggest innovation - look, and you're probably looking for a tactical innovation here - but get this, it's not, it's the addition of the Salamantic Professors in the NSCF. The biggest gridiron thing to take off since sliced bread and the Development League, the D-league.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that all of the Dragonflies' successes come from having the tighest defence in the Multiverse. Other teams are good too, but I'm willing to bet that we've got the best defence out there. And today, we're going to explore how you feel about this unit and how you would make it line up most of the time.

Our players are versatile, and we select them from different backgrounds. 3-4, 4-3, you name it. Stunts, blitzes, we do it all. Man, zone, cover 6 and all that good stuff. I doubt we have time today to go through every single choice that is out there, but hopefully we can make a nice start.

So, the first obvious question: what's your base defence?"
"We've got the players for a 4-3, that's what they're used to doing, so let's go with that."-> 1
"Our focus on linebackers makes a 3-4 much more versatile and tailored to our best players."-> 2
"All of our opponents throw so often, a nickel base makes sense."-> 3

-----
"Hey, great choice! The Dragonflies have operated in a 4-3 for so long now, our veterans know exactly what to do at what point in time. It's a solid choice to go with what we're best at - as a team. One of the most important things in Gridiron is to know where your teammates are and what they're likely to choose, without tipping off your opponent - all while hundreds of kilos are slamming into each other and plays barely last 10 seconds at a time. High-speed, high-impact chess, basically. So, in your 4-3, we've just got the four defensive backs. Let's look at them a little later. The biggest strength of our defence has always been the secondary, though. We need to help them out by baiting the opposition into calling runs that don't go anywhere, or pressure the QB so much that he's going to deliver a horrible pass. Now, how are we going to accomplish those things with our 4-3?"
"With four defensive linemen, it makes most sense to put the pass rushers at the end position, and put the tackles and linebackers in position to snuff out runs. Backers can drop into coverage if needed."-> 4
"With so many linemen, we need all of them to confuse the offence as much as we can. Both ends and tackles need to be able to put pressure on an O-line, so I'm saying we should call stunts, have four athletic D-linemen, and then the linebackers have to drop into coverage or cover for mistakes."-> 5
"The linemen can stifle runs, and collapse pockets, meanwhile the linebackers can deliver the finishing blow or drop into coverage."-> 6
"Blitzes. Blitzes. And more blitzes. 4-3 seems basic, but with linebackers that can block underneath routes, we can afford to get a corner or a safety to score some sacks."-> 7

-----
"Hey, great choice! The Dragonflies don't have a lot of experience with the 3-4, but the players are smart and versatile enough to master it within weeks. We shouldn't even notice a drop in performance, because our opponents sure as hell won't expect it! In a 3-4, we've got more linebackers to work with - and we've got some phenomenal ones. Sure, the defensive backs are what makes this defence truly elite, but the backers are very good nonetheless. I'm glad you recognised that our D-line could use work, and this is one way to protect them a little. So, to aid our secondary in interceptions or horrible passes that can be easily batted away, how are you putting this 3-4 to work to stop runs, sack QBs, or at least make sure that they can't get a decent pass off?"
"They'll never expect it if we just put one linebacker to pressure the QB and we let the line do the rest! It'll look like a 3-4 with 3-4 personnel, but it's effectively a 4-3 in disguise!"-> 8
"Let's roll with the regular things, put our best pass rushers at outside linebacker, let the line stifle runs, and our inside backers can spy or drop into coverage if needed."-> 9
"Blitzes. Blitzes. And more blitzes. 3-4 seems basic enough, but with linebackers that can block underneath routes, we can afford to get a corner or a safety to score some sacks."-> 10

-----
"Good call. This is becoming a bit of a passing Bowl, to be honest. Luckily our secondary is fantastic, we'll put in a third corner, to aid a 2-4, 3-3, or 4-2 front. I'll tell the position coaches what to work with. Thanks for your help today! I'm thinking this: Ahern, Rusadhin, and Abráldez on the line, with Henry, Casey and Holmgroen to help, and then a monster secondary with Dutertre, Dollen, Mesjathaunden, and Ecaliris, with help from Dwyer or Devilliers as nickel back." -> 11

-----
"That's pretty much what we've been running all along. The good old 4-3, rushers on the line, the occasional stunt, but mostly utilising the tackles to make inside runs impossible. Outside backers are there for forcing the run inside and making cutbacks impossible as well. For passes, the pocket should be collapsed by now, too. I'll tell the position coaches what to work with. Thanks for your help today! I'm thinking this: Ahern and Abráldez as the rushers on the outside, with Braakjans and Gérald as huge men in the middle. Henry, Casey, and Holmgroen as LBs, with Devilliers, Dollen, Mesjathaunden, and Dwyer in the secondary. With this formation, some plays last a long time so we need to get the best secondary to cover for that."-> 11

-----
"Solid change on a working formula. Athletic D-linemen, aided by a versatile corps of linebackers who can do it all, but most need to be aware of what's going on. I'll tell the position coaches what to work with. Thanks for your help today! I'm thinking this: Ahern, with Rusadhin, Stroo, and Abráldez are great athletes. Linebackers need to be able to tackle as well as cover, so I'm saying we get Dujardin on the strong side, then Kinportinden in the middle, and Cause on the weak side - Cause basically doubles as a corner anyway, don't tell anyone. These are our fastest LBs, I'm thinking. In the secondary: Dutertre, Dollen, Mesjathaunden, and Ecaliris." -> 11

-----
"Ah, I get it. Sure, some plays are allowed to develop, but at least you've got a contingency plan for everything that goes on. It does rely on a lot of good decision-making from everyone on the field, so let's get the most cerebral 11 out there. Both the D-line and the backers need to be able to take on every role and cover for one another. It'll be hard, but I think we've got the personnel to make this work. It's also a coaching issue, but we've got one of the best staffs in the Bowl anyway. I'll tell the position coaches what to work with. Thanks for your help today! I'm thinking this: Sparre, Rusadhin, Stroo, and Abráldez on the line. Not the fastest, but students of the game. Henry, Casey, and Cause behind them. Fast, agile, experienced. The secondary is going to be pretty much as we always have: Dutertre, Dollen, maybe sometimes Minjarrah in his place though, and Mesjathaunden for the turnovers. The final corner is Ecaliris, then."-> 11

-----
"Blitzes, yes. We don't utilise them often enough, I reckon. The LBs must cover, and the corners must be able to tackle. Calls for some heavier men in the secondary, and for some more agile guys to help them. The line must be able to work by itself. I'll tell the position coaches what to work with. Thanks for your help today! I'm thinking this: Ahern, Braakjans, Gérald, Abráldez on the line, with Henry, Casey, and Cause behind them, and Devilliers, Minjarrah, Fortuin, and Vigouroux in the secondary."-> 11

-----
"Solid change on a working formula. Athletic D-linemen, aided by a versatile corps of linebackers who can do it all, but most need to be aware of what's going on. I'll tell the position coaches what to work with. Thanks for your help today! I'm thinking this: Ahern, with Rusadhin and Abráldez are great athletes to pull off a line like this. Linebackers need to be able to tackle as well as cover, so I'm saying we get Dujardin on the strong side, then Kinportinden in the middle, and Cause on the weak side - Cause basically doubles as a corner anyway, don't tell anyone. Casey hits as hard as anyone, he can help out in the middle. These are our fastest LBs, I'm thinking. In the secondary: Dutertre, Dollen, Mesjathaunden, and Ecaliris."-> 11

-----
"Ah, the true 3-4. We don't have as much experience with this as we had hoped, but some of the guys use it with their regular club teams. Did you know the 4-3 is mostly an Eastern division thing, and the 3-4 is mostly a Western division thing? It's not something that works 100% of the time, but the players from Western teams fit maybe a little better here. I'll tell the position coaches what to work with. Thanks for your help today! I'm thinking this: Sparre, Braakjans, and Sugimoto are massive brick walls of linemen, then Henry, Casey, Kinportinden, and we've got a problem at the will... so I think I'd let Dujardin try that out. In the secondary, we've got Dutertre, Dollen, Mesjathaunden, and Ecaliris."-> 11

-----
"Blitzes, yes. We don't utilise them often enough, I reckon. The LBs must cover, and the corners must be able to tackle. Calls for some heavier men in the secondary, and for some more agile guys to help them. The line must be able to work by itself, to some extent - with help from at least one backer or so. Kinportinden is a decent enforcer, and Braakjans is a nose tackle, together they can handle it. I'll tell the position coaches what to work with. Thanks for your help today! I'm thinking this: Ahern, Braakjans, Abráldez on the line, with Henry, Casey, Kinportinden, and Cause behind them, and Devilliers, Minjarrah, Fortuin, and Vigouroux in the secondary."-> 11

-----
"You'll see the results of your choices soon enough. We've spent a lot of time on the fronts, the pressure, and we haven't even gotten to the good part of this defence yet! Next time we'll cover, well, cover. Man, zone, shells, pre-snap shenanigans, we're going to put the best secondary in the world to work!"
Last edited by Ko-oren on Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

The Jovannic
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Jovannic » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:25 am

Defence collapses as Ko-oren trashes the Jovannic.

The Jovannic has suffered a devastating loss as Ko-oren overwhelmed the Jovannic in both areas of the field. Ko-oren dominated the game, and the recent form of the Jovannic faded away into nothingness as Ko-oren scored try after try. The end result? 33-0. This dashes hope of making it to the knockout rounds, but we still have a feasible chance, and we must not give up hope.

"We did not manage to play what we wanted to play today. We are of course Disappointed, but we have to move on and continue pushing for our next match." Nickel Holoway said to reporters after the match.

Next match is against The Sarian, who lost against Cassadaigua 13-20. We will have to press more and attack the defence if we want to win.

Que de Destumé attempting to tackle a Ko-oren player
ALL HAIL THE JOVANNIC!!!

Sporting Achievements:
1st:
2nd:
3rd: 3rd Jenna Raven Cup, Mike Sarzo Memorial Trophy
4th: NS World Cup of Masters I
Semi-finals: IFC1
Honourable Mentions: Olympic Sliver Medal in Football (XIV Olympiad)

Charging forward to return to glory! (II)
Cricket ranking: ??
Football Ranking: 202

Squidroidia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Squidroidia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:30 am

Previous Parts: 1 2 3 4

Road to the World Bowl

The Squidroidian Flyers

Episode 5 - The Tunnel

Inkopolis City Stadium. Game 3 of the Squidroidian Flyers World Bowl campaign. Their first 2 games: An overtime loss to the minnows that are Martune and a standard loss against a highly ranked opponent in Geektopia. But now an L can be totally justified, as they are taking on the #4 ranked Main Nation Ministry, otherwise known as the Ministry or MNM. Led by the masterclass that is General Emmanuel Jones and his quarterback, the great Jada Diana, the team has been tearing up its competition, heading into this game with a 2-0 record which they will most likely extend to 3-0, with a 45–17 win at home against Velstrania followed by another home victory, 27–17 against Krytenia who Squidroidia will face after this. Having gone to the 2nd group stage last time around, they look like favorites to head to Delaclava for another chance at a world title.

Then there was Squidroidia. In their blue uniforms that were supposed to represent bravery and smoothness against rough competition, a mantra that started ever since the Apocalypse ended, they have fumbled their chances to win seemingly all the time. It wasn't due to competition or the strength of the squad, Squidroidian pundits say that this squad is a good cohesive unit who can at times challenge for a win (See the overtime loss against Martune as an example), but in fact because they only played against eachother. The SAF's stranglehold on gridiron football hasn't allowed a Squidroidian football league for non-army teams nor Squidroidians like Hideyoshi and Soseki from moving to other leagues. They have no experience against players from the teams in their group, and that's why they have sucked.

But in a strange sense, that's what kept the team together. Everyone knows each other from their times in the All-Regiment Tournament and thus have a stronger bond together. As they could hear the LED lights of the black and white MNM uniforms glow up as their players took to the field to a chorus of boos from the Squidroidian crowd that packed the Blue Marvel in the capital city, Colonel Tanyu pulled back the team punter, Yamauchi Gonshiro, for a last second meeting.

"Gonshiro, I know MNM mean business. I couldn't stress that enough in the locker room. But I'm expecting them to shut down our attack early, so you know what to do."

"But look at them, Colonel! They're scary as all hell! No wonder they're a great team on the field... They are rioting like our poor souls back in the day..."

"There is NO TIME to talk about the Apocalypse, Yamauchi! You need to get on that field, lock with the eyes of the opponent and punt away! We might not even score a point against them! Go out there, do what you've always wanted to do, and punt into the sun!"

Punt into the sun. A mantra that all Squidroidian punters lived by. Throughout the tournament, they would punt the ball high on the 4th down to trick the opponent into, among other things, fumbles, 1 yard starts, and even attempting to block and catch the punts for an easier return. It's one of the most famous plays in Squidroidian football, and he's going to do whatever it takes to soften a potential blowout. As Gonshiro lined back up, the announcer was ready to utter the words.

"And now... Your Squidroidian Flyers!", he said. And just like that the team stormed out of the tunnel for yet another agonizing defeat.

Squidroidia 0-19 Main Nation Ministry

Box Score

Regulation
0-7 Main Nation Ministry TD (Sin-Ahhi-Eriba), extra point good
0-10 Main Nation Ministry FG (Ekain)
0-13 Main Nation Ministry FG (Ekain)
0-19 Main Nation Ministry TD (Pick-6 from Ross), extra point no good

The Schedule
All home games are at Inkopolis City Stadium

Matchday 1 - Vs. Martune L, 3-9 OT
-
Matchday 2 - @ Geektopia L, 13-26
-
Matchday 3 - Vs. Main Nation Ministry L, 0-19
-
Matchday 4 - @ Krytenia
-
Matchday 5 - Vs. Velstrania
-
Matchday 6 - @ Martune
-
Matchday 7 - Vs. Geektopia
-
Matchday 8 - @ Main Nation Ministry
-
Matchday 9 - Vs. Krytenia
-
Matchday 10 - @ Velstrania

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:12 am

The phone call did not go well. Portland Pirates offensive coordinator Les Steckhall was more than willing to step in and become the offensive coordinator for the Sarzonian national gridball team and take the playcalling duties away from Stars coach Tim Gates.

Gates had decided that he wasn't comfortable enough with calling a completely different set of offensive plays from his usual short passing and outside running gamut that he ran in Woodstock. Joe Locklear wasn't built for the West Coast offence, but rather for the downfield passing game Portland used. Also, Portland's running backs were intended for the power running game employed by the Pirates.

Gates wanted Steckhall to take over the playcalling duties, but Pirates head coach Gil Spencer wasn't having it. Spencer denied Gates's request to allow Steckhall to join the Stars for the rest of the World Bowl. Spencer himself had been turned down when he applied for the head coaching job in the World Bowl, and he acted somewhat out of spite.

More to the point, the Incorporated Gridball Federation didn't have the authority to mandate that any coach be released to the national team unless the coach was being interviewed for a promotion. So, Spencer was within his rights to deny Steckhall the opportunity to serve as offensive coordinator, but if the IGF offered Steckhall the head coaching position, Spencer couldn't say no.

That refusal by Spencer meant that Gates was stuck with the feeling of being a square peg being wedged into a round hole. It meant he would have to continue to serve as the playcaller against Northwest Kalactin. It didn't go well. Locklear completed just 12-of-26 passes for 202 yards and three interceptions. Ty'Relle Clinton rushed 21 times for 76 yards before Gates again abandoned the running game. Only a 43-yard field goal from Adam Novak prevented a second consecutive shutout defeat for the Stars.

The Stars will face the second highest ranked team in Group G as The Greater Nordics make their way to Joe Gibbs Stadium. Gates decided that he would not be on the sidelines as he turned in his resignation after the game.

That led to a second phone call to Steckhall. And this time, Spencer wouldn't have the right to tell his soon-to-be former offensive coordinator no.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

NSFB: Home-stand Game 1 Prepares Us For Hell

Postby TJUN-ia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:17 am

New Washington was certainly abuzz as the 2-0 TJUN-ia Jaguars took on the 0-2 Nagore Sharks. This team was somehow leading the group and looked to continue the forward momentum on the Field of Dreams. Gus McKerrin didn't quite know himself how they got into this situation, but he knew he couldn't pull his foot off the gas against the Sharks.

The first half was tighter than many had anticipated. Diego Domingues opened the scoring with a 35-yard FG for the Sharks. Chi On-Ma responded at the next drive by kicking a 40-yard FG to tie the game 3-3. Jake Griffin scored the first touchdown of the game with a 15-yard throw to Chris Davidson, but Chi missed the extra point for the first time this campaign. We went into the half 9-3 up but the crowd were looking for more.

The third quarter would be the time to shine. 4 TJUN-ian touchdowns: 3 by Jake Griffin (15-yard throw to Hubert Valois, 5-yard pass to Wilson Hibbert, 3-yard run by himself) and our first Pick 6. It came from the Shark's own 35, as Robert Morris threw it to an open Pedro Marquinios - who only had to beat one defender to score. Gus brought on Allister Ghoulson for the 4th quarter and he would score his first-ever TD, a nice 15-yard throw to backup Pedro Alcoron. A few key players were rested during that quarter in order to ensure they wouldn't be injured for our next game.

TJUN-ia is 3-0. Three and zero. No one knows for sure how they are doing this, but the Jaguars are looking like a good team. That will be put to test, however, next game. It's the big one. The 3-0, 33rd ranked Jaguars hosting the 2-1, 3rd ranked Dragonflies of Ko-oren in The Gardens. This team is very good at this game, with thier only loss so far being on the road at Cassadiagua. This will be hell for many to watch and for the players to play but no matter what happens, the fact we will enter this game undefeated is an achievement within itself. GO JAGS!

SCHEDULE (Group D)
MD1: vs Cassadiagua (11) - Field of Dreams in The Gardens, New Washington W 21-14 (3rd/1-0)
MD2: @The Jovannic (UR) - De Stadium Le Buile, Buile W 21-0 (1st/2-0)
MD3: vs Nagore (UR) - Field of Dreams in The Gardens, New Washington W 44-3 (1st/3-0)
MD4: vs Ko-oren (3) - Field of Dreams in The Gardens, New Washington
MD5: @The Sarian (49)
------------------------OFF DAY------------------------
MD6: @Cassadiagua (11)
MD7: vs The Jovannic (UR) - Field of Dreams in The Gardens, New Washington
MD8: @Nagore (UR)
MD9: @Ko-oren (3)
MD10: vs The Sarian (49) - Field of Dreams in The Gardens, New Washington
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:28 pm

And welcome to another edition of the Sports With Bort blog, I'm your always humble host Bort Stevens. We're continuing our special report on Torisakia's World Bowl 39 campaign that we earlier in the week. We're going to look at Torisakia's matchday three game against Kohnhead last night.

Another game, another victory for the Ice Birds. Granted it wasn't as much of an offensive showcase as the past two games have been, but it's a win nonetheless. At least we know that our defense can hold up for most of a game and don't have to rely on our offense to completely match the other team blow for blow. Aaron Spady had a decent day, going 15 of 26 for 202 yards and 2 touchdowns, but with 2 interceptions. Michael Prickett struggled, only gaining 86 yards on 18 carries and failed to find the endzone. There weren't any non-offensive touchdowns, but Bailey McNiel had a good day with 11 tackles and 2 sacks. Matthew DeBerry didn't kick as many field goals as he had previous, but he made one from 36 yards and went 3/3 on extra points.

Box Score1Q2Q3Q4QFinal
Kohnhead (0-3)706013
Torisakia (3-0)773724

The game was slow to start out, as both Torisakia and Kohnhead traded punts for the first four possessions. Torisakia had the ball at their own 42 and was driving, but an ill-advised pass by Aaron Spady on a middle screen was intercepted by Kohnhead CB Percy Whitehead and returned for a touchdown, giving Kohnhead a 7-0 lead and Torisakia trailing for the first time this World Bowl. Spady would make up for it on the ensuing drive, going 4/5 passing and eventually found Jay Abaroa in the endzone to tie the game up. The rest of the first quarter and most of the second were also pretty uneventful, with both teams continuing to trade punts. The Ice Birds would break the tie late in the second quarter on a 43 yard end-around run by Quindel Loris to put Torisakia up 14-7 before halftime.

The third quarter didn't see a lot of explosive plays, but there were a few good drives by both teams. After trading punts, Kohnhead managed a 14 play, 76 yard drive to the Ice Birds' 16 before the drive stalled and they had to settle for a field goal, bring the score to 14-10. Torisakia attempted to open up the running game some, but Michael Prickett just couldn't get through the running lanes with Kohnhead's stingy defense. The Ice Birds then decided to abandon the run game with a play-action pass, and it looked like the Kohnhead secondary had bitten up on it, but it was all a bluff and Spady's pass was again intercepted, this time by FS Shane Holman. Kohnhead, getting good field position with the interception, had another good drive but ultimately had to settle for another field goal to bring them within 1 point. Torisakia finally managed a decent drive on their next possession, but got stood up inside the red zone and had to settle for a field goal themselves.

The fourth saw more of a defensive struggle: Torisakia trying to keep Kohnhead out of the endzone and going ahead and Kohnhead trying to keep Torisakia from increasing their lead. A few good stands by the Ice Birds' defense including two Kohnhead drives that resulted in 4 total sacks meant that Torisakia had every opportunity to put the game away. They did just that with 4 minutes remaining when we finally ran the middle screen to perfection and Cliff Bolden took it 37 yards to the endzone to put Torisakia up 24-13. Kohnhead would amount nothing in the finally minutes and Torisakia walked away with the victory and improved to 3-0 in Group G.

GAME SUMMARY OF KOHNHEAD VS TORISAKIA
1st QUARTER
7:17 KND - 42 yard interception return by P. Whitehead (Parkinson PAT)
4:55 TOR - 31 yard pass from A. Spady to J. Abaroa(DeBerry PAT)
END OF 1ST Kohnhead: 7 Torisakia: 7

2nd QUARTER
2:14 TOR - 43 yard run by Q. Loris (DeBerry PAT)
END OF 2ND Kohnhead: 7 Torisakia: 14

3rd QUARTER
7:30 KND - 33 yard field goal by W. Parkinson
4:03 KND - 29 yard field goal by W. Parkinson
0:46 TOR - 36 yard field goal by M. DeBerry
END OF 3RD Kohnhead: 13 Torisakia: 17

4th QUARTER
4:07 TOR - 37 yard pass from A. Spady to C. Bolden (DeBerry PAT)
END OF 4TH Kohnhead: 13 Torisakia: 24

Torisakia's next match is against Free Republics, defending World Bowl champions who are also 3-0 in Group G after pummeling The Greater Nordics 33-0 last night. Thankfully we get this game at home so we'll have some sort of advantage. Free Republics has arguably the best defense in the competition, but we have one of the best offenses. This game will ultimately come down to which one of those breaks first. If Free Republics' defense breaks, Torisakia should have no problem. If our offense breaks, Free Republics basically has a free win. The winner of this game will take sole possession of first place in Group G and will ultimately set themselves up for a smooth run to the playoffs as we approach the final days of the first leg of World Bowl 39.

Welp, that's all I have for today. I'll be back with another edition of Sports with Bort soon to discuss the Torisakia-Free Republics matchup as well as take a look at other happenings around the tournament in other groups and preview the next matchday. Take care and I haven't made much progress with teaching Jules how to spin. However, I have been able to teach him how to drive a car. I took him for a ride in my prized Thunderbird that my dad gave me and let him have a crack at the wheel. You should have seen him. He was flying down the road, top down, hair blowing in the wind. Reminds me of the good old days when speed limits didn't exist, or at least they didn't exist to me. On an unrelated note, I have over 15 speeding tickets to my name. All paid, of course.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Terre Septentrionale
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Septentrionale » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:02 pm

OOC: Instead of a newspaper article I'm doing a live coverage.

Live football on SportsNorth

Evan McNamara: Welcome back to World Football on SportsNorth, we're live from Baie-Verte and it's actually 14-13 Banija at the halftime and the only touchdown scored by Terre Septentrionale was a 15 yards pass from Haylie Woo to Jenifer Killebrew. Nick DeLuca also made two field goals in the first half. We're gonna talk with former coach Jim Bob Patricia who lost his job after the conclusion of World Bowl 38. Hi Jim Bob!

Jim Bob Patricia: Yo!

McNamara: Well, the Nordiques won their first game 30-0 and the 2nd one 16-7. What do you think of the 1st half against Banija?

Patricia: Hmm well, they're certainly better than Western Fluffy...

McNamara: Western Fardelshufflestein, you can say it correctly...

Patricia: Western Far...delshuffasteen...too difficult...

MCNamara: Ok nevermind

Patricia: Ok I was saying Banija is better than them and HUElavia, we're kinda lucky that the score is just 14-13, and it's still possible to beat them in the 2nd half. We need to give the ball to McBryde and Roberts-Whitaker and control the clock. Clock control is the key against a team like Banija.

McNamara: Yeah... what do you think of Kareem Johnson's missed tackle on Jalang Dibba that led to the Serpent Eagles 2nd touchdown of the game?

Patricia: hmm didn't like it, but Johnson is our best free safety, we need to live or die with him and he's gonna make some mistake... he isn't so fast either, once he misses a tackle, the guy he has to cover runs away... Rashawn Haggerty isn't any better. There's a guy I'd like to see more often on the field. His name is Gabriel Beausoleil-Brillant, he's a strong safety but Chuck says he can play both safeties positions.

McNamara: Yeah.. Chuck Péladeau, lsf.com's scout... he's the best in Terre Septentrionale. If he says so, it must be right!

Patricia: Beausoleil-Brillant will be a starter for the national team in the future.. not sure if he'll be a strong or a free safety... We also have Krzysztof Ostrowski-Gronkowski who will start at cornerback in the future too... I love Ostrowski-Gronkowski.

McNamara: Thanks Jim Bob! ... Our reporter from the sidelines Catherine Bourguignon is ready for her interview with a guest. The interview will be held in French for NordSports and instantly translated in English for SportsNorth and in Polish for PolSports. PolSports is the contraction of Polnocna Sports and Polnocna is the Polish word for North! So... I said the interview will be done in French and you won't hear the difference because it's instantly translated!

Catherine Bourguignon: Hii guyys! I'm with defensive captain Nick Wrzuszczak... Hi Nick!

Nick Wrzuszczak (looking at her in her eyes): hello lady!

Catherine: So, basically my first question is.. Terre Septentrionale is losing by one, and quarterback Isaka Jawara is playing his best game since the tournament started... Terre Septentrionale is known for it's defence... what's going on?

Nick (looking down and being nervous): well, the main problem is... their offensive line is... much better than Western Fardelshufflestein's and HUElavia's offensive lines... We had 11 sacks against Western and 6 against HUElavia but so far we only have one against Banija... that's the main problem...

Catherine: Yeah... you need to be better and tougher Nick... You aren't tough enough... (Nick plays on the defensive line)

Nick: ...

Catherine: I'm joking... the offense is doing good, a touchdown from Jennifer Killebrew and two field goals from Nick DeLuca so far...

Nick: Yeah.. the offense is doing good an thank God for Jen's touchdown she beat their cornerback and caught the ball in the endzone... she's awesome...

Catherine (being jealous of hearing Nick talking that way about Jennifer and calling her awesome): Montavious is carrying the ball well too?

Nick: Yeah... he made 2 good runs on the drive that led to Jen's touchdown... we can't win without him and without Haylie too... the defense is our strenght but we need some offense...

Catherine: Thanks Nick, that's all for now... back to Jean-Claude and Félix on NordSports, to Evan and Jim Bob on SportsNorth and Sławomir and Przemysław on PolSports...

Evan McNamara: Thanks Catherine... we have some big news... The Fédération Septentrionale de Football (FSF) intends to participate at the olympics in both men and wemen gridiron... that means our quarterback Haylie Woo will play with wemen and running back Montavious McBryde will play with men...

Jim Bob Patricia: That's great news... but in my opinion, separating men and women is just stupid. The olympics should accept mixed team!

McNamara: Agreed... so who do you see in the wemen team, other than Haylie Woo and Jennifer Killebrew?

Patricia: We'll have Haylie Woo at quarterback and Jennifer Killebrew at wide receiver... no questions about it. From my mind, I see Ayana McLeod at wide receiver, both Za'Niyah McCullers and Catherine Desjardins-Fleury at halfback... Evelyn Kallenberger at left tackle, Kaylee Schultz at right tackle... let's pass the offensive line...

Patricia: on the defensive line we have Karolina Rozwandowicz at nose tackle... Melanie Nowakowski and Emily Wroblewski on both ends... Elzbieta Klobukowska on strongside and Madison O'Connor on weakside linebacker... Julianna Olszewska-Kacperczyk and either Madison Killian or Yolanda Scroggins-Dixon at inside linebacker...

McNamara: Well that's all the time we have... we'll cover the defensive backs another time, and we'll have an official list... by the way I like Yolanda more than Killian... Back to the 3rd quarter... Terre Septentrionale will kick the ball and Banija is recieving it...
Nation name: République de Terre Septentrionale | Trigramme: RTS | Capital: Ville Jacques-Cartier | Maps
Ranks: Hockey: 20th | American Football: 7th | Baseball: 17th | Association Football: 23rd | Rugby Union: 21st
Champions:
Runner Up: Cup of Harmony 76, International Baseball Slam XI
3rd Place: World Volleyball Expo X, International Baseball Slam XII, World Lacrosse Championship XXXV
4th Place: Arena Bowl VI
World Cup participations: WC 85 (3rd place in group), WC 86 (3rd place in group)

Delaclava
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:54 pm

DSGN.com Gridiron

Phoenixes suffer first loss, look forward to continued improvement

Herman Jones' 7 yard touchdown pass to Joshua Merrimack on the final drive of the game led 16th-ranked Transmondian Commonwealth of New England to a 27-20 victory over Delaclava, handing the hosts and returnees their first lost of the tournament.

The score capped a highly effective performance from Jones - 23-for-31 for 264 yards, 2 touchdowns and no interceptions. His Delaclav counterpart, Brian Mathis, responded with 21-for-37 for 305 yards, one touchdown and one interception, as well as a rushing touchdown to help the cause.

"It sucks to lose this one, no question," Mathis said. "But we've been saying we wanted to find out where we were at so we could build from there, and there it is. We went into a top-20 team's home stadium, gave them a run for their money. Now it's time to execute better and up the intensity."

The Phoenixes started on defense but were quickly on the back foot trying to slow down Preserved by the Lord Fulbright, who finished with 112 yards on the ground from 23 carries. It allowed New England to set up #1 receiver Samuel Hudson in isolation against Tasunka Coleman. Coleman shut him down on one long ball attempt, but the pass interference flag seemed to discourage Coleman from guarding as aggressively, giving Hudson enough space to catch the 28-yard strike in the corner of the endzone.

From there, Delaclava failed to score on its opening possession for the first time in the tournament, quickly going three-and-out, but after eventually shutting down a lengthier New England drive, Mathis led the Delaclav offenses far enough downfield - thanks to option runs, partnering with Dexter George to keep the defense guessing on both sides of the field, as well as utilising backup quarterback Trent Charles in a Wildcat-style role - to set up a 41-yard field goal for Kieran Conley, who was coming off a 5-for-5 performance against Equestria.

The Phoenixes continued their consistency by shutting down another New England drive for no points, then setting up Conley for a 30-yard field goal, drawing the score to 7-6. And after a Fulbright fumble was forced by Dawan Lewis and recovered by Wendell May, there was an opportunity for Delaclava to take its first lead.

But on second down at the New England 15, Mathis botched a handoff to Sequoyah Cooper, and Lamar Montague snatched up the loose ball to hand Delaclava its first redzone failure of the competition and put New England back in control.

Both Cooper and Mathis were willing to take responsibility for the turnover after the game. The assessment from coach Gorka Bielsa: "We all just lost focus at that point. We were thinking too much about taking that lead and not enough about doing what we needed to do to get it. That kind of bit us today, but we'll learn."

A revived New England squad then drove 85 yards down the field in quick order, finished by a 4-yard run up the middle by Jeremy Woolworth. The extra point made it 14-6 heading into halftime.

The third quarter was a quiet scoring affair, with Mathis unable to find the range with his wideouts and New England only managing a field goal from Robert Metzger. But as the quarter drew to a close, the offense changed tack once again.

"Coach Sweeney and I were talking it over on the sideline - we just weren't finding what we needed in the pass game," Mathis said. "But the options, the direct snaps, all that was working well for us earlier. Let's try it again and see what we get."

Led by George, known in the lead for his change of direction and hesitation style, and Mathis, a nimble rusher in his own right, the Phoenixes once again churned down the field - sometimes just two or three yards at a time, but always enough for the first down. In the end, it was Mathis himself who faked a toss to George at the 6-yard line up the right side and kept going for the score. Now trailing 17-12, Bielsa called for the two-point conversion to draw within a field goal, but Matthew Plank couldn't quite handle the ball on his short route, and the conversion failed.

Even in dire straits, the Phoenixes continued to push the tempo, and while New England stopped the next drive, then added another field goal to go up 20-12, Delaclava was rewarded for its aggression and unique game plan with three and a half minutes to go. Mathis rolled to his left with Cooper, and as the defense collapsed in, Mathis lasered a forward pass to an unattended Mateus Eldridge, who sped down the left sideline for the 53-yard touchdown. With New England now reeling, offensive coordinator Jeff Sweeney sent in Charles to take the snap; Charles faked the flip back to Mathis and ran the ball in untouched.

But the heroics would not be over, as New England was intent on having the ball last. As much as the Phoenixes attempted to shut down Herman Jones and company, then preserve some game clock for a last gasp, the home team worked their way into position for a game-winning, last-second field goal from Metzger for the walk-off victory. But with 100,000 home fans at Wilderness Stadium buzzing, Jones instead found an opening on third down to Merrimack, who caught it up just a step inside the endzone as Obdulo Farukhan took him down in vain.

With just four seconds to work with after the kick, the Phoenixes put on a respectable lateral-palooza attempt, but Kevin Alés was eventually chased out at the New England 40 with no supporting options.

"Other than the win, we got what we wanted," said defensive captain Farukhan. "We helped put on a classic for the home fans, for our fans back home, and proved that we can hang with class teams. Now it's time to take it one step further."

The Phoenixes will look to head home first to Kitsuartat and beat up on some drunkards, an intergalactic date with #2 Drawkland looms.

"We have a lot to do between now and then," coach Bielsa said. "We're not 'supposed' to win that match. But we're 2-1, we're in the thick of the playoff race, we need to take every opportunity we can get."

"The first opportunity is next against these Inebriated Folk of the Municipal Watering Hole. It's a can-win, it's a should-win, and if we're going to make it home for the playoffs, it's a must-win."

Transmondian Commonwealth of New England 27–20 Delaclava

1st Quarter
TMC, Herman Jones 28 yard pass to Samuel Hudson (Robert Metzger kick), 11:23.
DEL, Kieran Conley 41 yard FG, 2:03.
2nd Quarter
DEL, Conley 30 yard FG, 10:28.
TMC, Jeremy Woolworth 4 yard run (Metzger kick), 4:35.
3rd Quarter
TMC, Metzger 38 yard FG, 4:25.
4th Quarter
DEL, Brian Mathis 6 yard run (conversion failed), 14:23.
TMC, Metzger 31 yard FG, 5:03.
DEL, Mathis 53 yard pass to Mateus Eldridge (Trent Charles run), 3:31.
TMC, Jones 7 yard pass to Joshua Merrimack (Metzger kick), 0:07.
Sports Honor Roll
Football: 2x WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONS (13 & 15), 1x Runner-up (11), 4x Third Place (41-44), 1x Regional Champions
Hockey: World Cup 16 Third Place, 2x World Juniors Champion (18 & 22), 3x World Junior Runners-up (16, 17, 19), 1x Regional Silver
Basketball: 2x IBC Runners-up (31 and 36), 4x Regional Medal (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
Lacrosse: 2x Worlds Runners-up (16 and 41) 1x Regional Silver
Soccer: Olympic Gold (V), 3rd at IAC 18 3rd at Di Bradini Cup 15, 4th at Baptism of Fire 34
Host of WC 55; CoH 44, 46, 84, and 87; BoF 72; World Bowl 11, 15, 39, and 43; IBC 7 and 31; AOCAF 31; WJHC 16 and 18; etc. Founder of Scott Cup and World Team Tennis Championship.

Kohnhead
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kohnhead » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:50 pm

Kohnhead drop to 0-3 in lackluster performance

Taking on Torisakia who are ranked 23rd in the World at Chicken King stadium, Kohnhead players were hoping to get their first win, against an unbeaten side. The offense like normal sputtered to 13 points while the defense allowed 24, which is a good total against a firesome offensive side in Torisakia.

The game actually started very well for Kohnhead as Percy Whitehead on Torisakia's second drive intercepted a pass from Aaron Spady and took it to the house for 6. 7-0 Kohnhead just like that, and Torisakia were trailing for the first time all tournament. Unfortunately, Spady rebounded quite nicely for the opponent and threw a dime to Jay Abaroa in the endzone to tie the game at 7.

While Watford and the offense couldn't do anything in the second quarter, our defense was able to hold firm until they got us on an end around by Quindel Loris for 43 yards and the lead for the Ice Birds.

The second half brought more of the same for The Brains, although we managed to drive into the redzone on a long and tedious set of plays but had to settle for a chip shot field goal from Parkinson. Shane Holman would pick off Spady with some trickery and deception pretending he was further off the person than he was. Watford was able to use the good field position and drive far into their territory again in the redzone but stalled once more. Parkinson made her second chip shot and it was 14-13.

That's when things went downhill fast. Torisakia drove into the redzone, but a sack from Firth on a critical third down forced a field goal. Unfortunately Watford continued to struggle putting his job into question, as he repeatedly could do nothing against a suspect defense.

After failing the middle screen early in the game, the Ice Birds to their credit went back to it, and this time Whitehead didn't pick it off, and instead Cliff Bolden would score a 37 yard touchdown off of a screen. Embarrassing.

In terms of injury news, Bradson played and did well but in the third quarter we suffered a massive injury as Barrera would suffer a concussion that will keep her out of our next match. She will be in doubt for our game against Sarzonia. Worthing picked up a painful elbow injury early on, but says she will play through it despite the pain. She will have to wear a brace, and is listed as questionable.

Our next match will be against Northwest Kalactin, who are coming off of a 34-3 rout of fellow newcomer Sarzonia for their first win. We will have to play on the road in that match, as we seek our first win. Here are the standings as our battle for last with Sarzonia continues.

Group G                                      Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Free Republics 3 3 0 79 13 +66
2 Torisakia 3 3 0 105 47 +58
3 The Greater Nordics 3 2 1 35 36 −1
4 Northwest Kalactin 3 1 2 48 76 −28
5 Kohnhead 3 0 3 29 53 −24
6 Sarzonia 3 0 3 23 94 −71

Injury Report
OT Molly Worthing Q-Elbow
LB Lyla Barrera O-Concussion
CB Ariel Knox O-Knee
Kohnhead
Trigramme: KHD
Pop: 25 million
Football: 64th
Gridiron: 24th
Baseball: 15th
Basketball: 2nd
Volleyball: 2nd
Football:
Wonder Cup 2 - Champions
Di Bradini Cup 48 / U21WC 69 - 4th place

Tennis:
6 Ethanian Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Steinigestrasse Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Britonish Open - Winner (Doubles)

Gridiron:
NSCF 22 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)
NSCF 24 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)

Basketball:
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament - 2nd place

Baseball:
International Baseball Series 12 - 4th place

Volleyball:
Volleyball World Expo 11 - 3rd place
Volleyball World Expo 12 - 4th place

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:57 pm

MAROONS STEAL TOP SPOT IN GROUP, WHIP SURGE 34-7

by Adam Murphy

MARIETTA - After two straight victories to open their World Bowl XXXIX campaign, the St. Kanye Surge suffer their first setback, falling to the Xanneria Maroons, 34-7.

Fullback Eric Fausenbach rushed for two touchdowns and caught one more for the Maroons, who elected to wear white at home, causing the Surge to play in purple. Tight end Hussein Jeffers scored the only touchdown for the visitors, a 79-yard completion early in the third quarter.

"Man, that was rough. The Maroons were higher in rank, and they certainly played like it. We tried our best to play up to their level, but it was a total struggle. Well, we're gonna have another shot at them, and in St. Kanye at that. We're gonna work harder to improve and show those Xannerians a different team than we showed here today, that's for sure", said Kanyean QB Landon Klein. 28 of 40 passes for 301 yards, a TD and a pick left him with a measly 89.69 passer rating.

Despite the bad showing and the taunts from the pro-Xannerian crowd, the Surge showed their sportsmanship, offering to shake hands with the home players. "We refuse to respond to this hostile environment by being hostile ourselves", explained Yeezie offensive coordinator Cory Myers. "Things get heated a lot in sports, but despite that, we gotta keep our cool."

The Surge (2-1) will travel back home to Pencurve Electronics Field in Kardashia, St. Kanye, to host the Taeshan Fitin' Falcons (2-1), who won 14-3 on the road against Lisander (1-2). The Maroons (2-1), who moved to the top of Group B, get a chance to stay there with another home game, this time against Silver Beach (0-3), who were recently massacred at home by the Jeckland Spuds, 56-nil.

Scoring Information:

XAN - Fausenbach 7 run (Stankowitz kick) XAN 7-0
XAN - field goal Stankowitz 34 XAN 10-0

(no scoring in 2nd)

XAN - field goal Stankowitz 48 XAN 13-0
STK - Jeffers 79 pass from Klein (Rasputin kick) XAN 13-7
XAN - P. Perez 50 pass from Marks (Stankowitz kick) XAN 20-7
XAN - Fausenbach 3 run (Stankowitz kick) XAN 27-7

XAN - Fausenbach 5 pass from Marks (Stankowitz kick) XAN 34-7

Schedule:

Matchday 1: W 24-12 @ Jeckland (UR*)
Matchday 2: W 20-15 vs. Lisander (30)
Matchday 3: L 7-34 @ Xanneria (14)
Matchday 4: Purple/Black vs. Taeshan (7)
Matchday 5: White/White @ Silver Beach (UR)
BREAK
Matchday 6: Purple/Purple vs. Jeckland (UR)
Matchday 7: White/White @ Lisander (30)
Matchday 8: Purple/Black vs. Xanneria (14)
Matchday 9: White/Purple @ Taeshan (7)
Matchday 10: Purple/Purple vs. Silver Beach (UR)

*Unranked.
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2011

Postby Allamunnic States » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:47 pm

Allamunnika Daily
Sports - World Bowl XXXIX Coverage

Allamunnae keep rolling
Regulars record second shut-out, 34-0 over Mathuvan Union
by Aldyn Wyrnur

Last night the Regulars faced off against the Mathuvan Union in the second half of a two-game home-stand before going on the road, and delivered another blow-out win in front of their home crowd. The win sets up the Regulars' first road match, where they will take on South Covello.

The Mathuvan Union's defensive coordinator Liam Ericsson had clearly watched the film of the Allamunnic States-UCR game from Matchday 1, because the Mathuvans came out loading the box ready to stop the run. After the Allamunnic defense cut the Mathuvan opening drive short courtesy of an interception by LB#44 Kaarl Vogyl, the Regulars came out to an 8-man defensive front. When the running game inevitably had trouble getting going, offensive coordinator Maarkus Daalhulm switched up the play-calling to be more pass-heavy.

The results were a greater effectiveness, if not statistical dominance. Over the Regulars' first three drives, QB#12 Ed Kaarlsunn went 7/12 for 93 yards, producing points on two of the drives (a 38-yard field goal by K#15 Sofya Torrus on the first, and a 16-yard strike from Kaarlsunn to FL#87 Ryanna Mueller). The team never quite went away from the run game, but over the first quarter the play-calling was much more balanced, and the number of loaded boxes the Regulars encountered declined. Finally, by the middle of the second quarter, the Mathuvans had been forced to take the Regulars' passing game seriously, and the offense was able to return more-or-less to its regular run-heavy system.

The first half ended with the Regulars preparing to get the ball to start the second half, nursing a 20-0 lead, courtesy of an extra 42-yard field goal from Torrus and a 2-yard touchdown run by FB#24 Derrik Staalburg. Those scores would be joined by two more touchdowns in the third quarter (a 6-yard run off of an option pitch, and a 9-yard run, both by HB#22 Fredrik Eriksunn) to put the game away by the time the back-ups came out in the fourth quarter.

The next match-up the Regulars will face is South Covello (1-1), who they will face on the road.

Stat Leaders:
Passing:
QB#12 Ed Kaarlsunn - 15/24, 194 yards, TD
QB#14 Ole Ward - 1/2, 7 yards
Total: 201 yards, TD

Rushing:
HB#22 Fred Eriksunn - 14 rushes, 87 yards, 2 TDs
FB#24 Derrik Staalburg - 14 rushes, 79 yards, TD
HB#31 Piotr Sfynsunn - 7 rushes, 34 yards
QB#12 Ed Kaarlsunn - 6 rushes, 32 yards
Total: 41 rushes, 232 yards

Allamunnika Daily

South Covello stifle Regulars
Offense comes up short in 6-3 road loss
by Aldyn Wyrnur

Taking their first test on the road against South Covello (once the unorthodox powerhouse "Gregoryisgodistan"), the Regulars came away with a failing grade, falling 3-6 on a late field goal that was set up after one of QB#12 Ed Kaarlsunn's three interceptions on the night. The offense was hard-pressed to make any kind of progress against their opposites, and the only reason they were even in the game was thanks to another excellent effort by the Allamunnic defense to keep their opponents out of the endzone. As it was, the only scores that night were Dan Smith's two field goals (43- and 39-yards, respectively, with one miss from 49 yards) and K#15 Sofya Torrus' lone field goal (42 yards, with two misses from 49 and 51). This was a game where the punters and defenses earned their keeps.

Perhaps taking a page out of Mathuvan Union's book (or anyone else's: the Regulars' general game plan is not exactly a state secret), the Covelloans loaded up the box, bringing up 8 and sometimes even 9 players to blitz, stuff the run, and show zone coverage, daring Kaarlsunn to beat them with his arm. Though the young quarterback tried his best, a 12/26, 152 yard, 3 INT effort was not anywhere close to what the Regulars needed as their ground game found itself hard-pressed to break 100 yards even as HB#22 Fredrik Eriksunn coughed up the ball on a fumble.

Mercifully, the South Covelloans were not much better, offensively; between the eight sacks compiled by the Regulars' pass-rushers, two interceptions, and a fumble recovery, leaving the turnover differential at -1 against the Regulars (3:4).

The loss puts a lot more importance on the Regulars' looming home match against one-time rivals Karditan. The Ironworkers have seen better days, but they're still clearly a force to be reckoned with and two straight losses (including one at home) would put the Regulars in bad position to qualify, let alone win their group with Abahnfleft sitting on top with a 3-0 record as of MD3.

Stat Leaders:
Passing:
QB#12 Ed Kaarlsunn - 12/26, 152 yards, 3 INTs
Total: 12/26, 152 yards, 3 INTs

Rushing:
HB#22 Fred Eriksunn - 13 rushes, 45 yards, FUM
FB#24 Derrik Staalburg - 11 rushes, 42 yards
QB#12 Ed Kaarlsunn - 8 rushes, 23 yards
HB#31 Piotr Sfynsunn - 3 rushes, 9 yards
Total: 32 rushes, 119 yards, FUM
Part of the Ajax Role-Playing Community.
Stay apprised of developments in Ottonia
Political Compass
Six-Time World Bowl Champions (XVI, XVII, XIX, XXIII, XXV, XXVII)
WLC VII & X Champs (WLC VI, XI & XIII Runners-Up)

Delaclava
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:05 pm

Can you believe it? We're already about to play Game 4 out of ten in the group stage. Now that the dust is starting to settle and your place in the group takes shape, it's time to figure out how to make the trip to Delaclava. So make sure you get all your ducks in a row. Just not like this.

Gameday 4 cutoff!

Group A
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0–33 Drawkland
Delaclava 34–3 Drunk People at the Local Tavern
Equestria 24–7 Transmondian Commonwealth of New England

Group A                                      Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Drawkland 4 4 0 91 19 +72
2 Delaclava 4 3 1 99 54 +45
3 Transmondian Commonwealth of New England 4 2 2 66 68 −2
4 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 4 2 2 55 59 −4
5 Equestria 4 1 3 37 69 −32
6 Drunk People at the Local Tavern 4 0 4 29 108 −79

Group B
Saint Kanye 9–30 Taeshan
Jeckland 14–14 Lisander (20–14 OT)
Xanneria 37–0 Silver Beach

Group B                                      Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Jeckland 4 3 1 110 54 +56
2 Xanneria 4 3 1 108 32 +76
3 Taeshan 4 3 1 61 33 +28
4 Saint Kanye 4 2 2 60 91 −31
5 Lisander 4 1 3 61 64 −3
6 Silver Beach 4 0 4 10 136 −126

Group C
Velstrania 3–14 Geektopia
Main Nation Ministry 32–24 Martune
Krytenia 12–24 Squidroidia

Group C                                      Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Main Nation Ministry 4 4 0 123 58 +65
2 Geektopia 4 4 0 87 23 +64
3 Velstrania 4 2 2 66 65 +1
4 Martune 4 1 3 33 85 −52
5 Squidroidia 4 1 3 40 66 −26
6 Krytenia 4 0 4 42 94 −52

Group D
Nagore 10–16 Cassadaigua
The Jovannic 12–13 The Sarian
TJUN-ia 0–17 Ko-oren

Group D                                      Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Ko-oren 4 3 1 83 20 +63
2 Cassadaigua 4 3 1 63 46 +17
3 TJUN-ia 4 3 1 85 34 +51
4 The Sarian 4 2 2 57 76 −19
5 The Jovannic 4 1 3 52 80 −28
6 Nagore 4 0 4 40 124 −84

Group E
Banija 33–10 Western Fardelshufflestein
HUElavia 7–10 Vangaziland
Terre Septentrionale 19–6 Alba and Cymru

Group E                                      Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Vangaziland 4 4 0 108 33 +75
2 Terre Septentrionale 4 3 1 85 48 +37
3 HUElavia 4 2 2 74 53 +21
4 Banija 4 2 2 104 78 +26
5 Western Fardelshufflestein 4 1 3 43 104 −61
6 Alba and Cymru 4 0 4 26 124 −98

Group F
Newmanistan 10–14 Ranoria
Lovisa 10–0 Bongo Johnson
Damukuni 14–30 Inner AginanaUsordia

Group F                                      Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Ranoria 4 4 0 110 30 +80
2 Newmanistan 4 3 1 98 41 +57
3 Inner AginanaUsordia 4 3 1 110 66 +44
4 Lovisa 4 2 2 69 104 −35
5 Damukuni 4 0 4 58 119 −61
6 Bongo Johnson 4 0 4 17 102 −85

Group G
Sarzonia 23–20 The Greater Nordics
Torisakia 10–50 Free Republics
Northwest Kalactin 20–10 Kohnhead

1 Free Republics 4 4 0 129 23 +106
2 Torisakia 4 3 1 115 97 +18
3 The Greater Nordics 4 2 2 55 59 −4
4 Northwest Kalactin 4 2 2 68 86 −18
5 Sarzonia 4 1 3 46 114 −68
6 Kohnhead 4 0 4 39 73 −34

Group H
United Civil Republic 0–16 Abanhfleft
Allamunnic States 23–0 Karditan
Mathuvan Union 10–16 South Covello

Group H                                      Pld    W   L    PF   PA   PD 
1 Abanhfleft 4 4 0 45 3 +42
2 South Covello 4 3 1 43 43 0
3 Allamunnic States 4 3 1 101 6 +95
4 Karditan 4 1 3 45 50 −5
5 Mathuvan Union 4 1 3 36 64 −28
6 United Civil Republic 4 0 4 7 111 −104
Last edited by Delaclava on Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sports Honor Roll
Football: 2x WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONS (13 & 15), 1x Runner-up (11), 4x Third Place (41-44), 1x Regional Champions
Hockey: World Cup 16 Third Place, 2x World Juniors Champion (18 & 22), 3x World Junior Runners-up (16, 17, 19), 1x Regional Silver
Basketball: 2x IBC Runners-up (31 and 36), 4x Regional Medal (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
Soccer: Olympic Gold (V), 3rd at IAC 18 3rd at Di Bradini Cup 15, 4th at Baptism of Fire 34
Host of WC 55; CoH 44, 46, 84, and 87; BoF 72; World Bowl 11, 15, 39, and 43; IBC 7 and 31; AOCAF 31; WJHC 16 and 18; etc. Founder of Scott Cup and World Team Tennis Championship.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:18 am

Which Team Should You Support? Playing Style Edition Further trying out this CYOA thing

You know quite a bit about the sport, and sometimes, just sometimes, a team's playing style sticks out to you and that's what makes you like that team. Or fall in love with that team, if it so turns out. Tribalism and regionalism aside, because there's enough of that in Ko-oren if you want to seek it out, this is a guide to choose your favourite gridiron squad.

First of all, the age-old question: offence or defence? One is supposed to win you fans (it doesn't necessarily), the other wins you championships (from experience we know that one isn't true either).

Sports in Ko-oren are seen as part strategic affairs, part tribalism, and part storytelling devices. It may seem strange to see it distilled down to three points like this, and we're certainly not the only ones to bring it down to just a few bullet points, but maybe it helps to have a small look into the world of Ko-orenite sports. Back in the day, affairs were rarely fought over on the battlefield. Instead, the elite and their staff tried to find ways to determine which side's arguments were strongest without cold steel and warm blood - I mean, sure, there was some bloodshed across the Dragonfly Archipelago's history, but it certainly wasn't like most nations' histories. If an agreement couldn't be found in 'level-headed' discussions between leaders, they'd start up some Olympics-style tournaments including anything from long-distance running to prose. In later years, these haphazard events gave way to far more organised events, with clear rules - and after some more years, these were just competitions for fun and friendly rivalry rather than to settle disputes.

Rule-wise, the 'harder, faster, better, stronger' events like running, archery, swimming, and various jumping numbers turned into more strategically challenging events - chess-like games, various intricate card games - as well as pastimes that combine the strategical with the physical - and sports as we know them were born. Ko-orenite football was a fan-favourite from the start, a game that looked a little like American football but without the nasty tackling, but with plenty of blocking. Throwing and running the ball towards certain 'checkpoints', teams tried to conquer the playing field akin to an army conquering miles of land. But now, not many people died (if at all) and the winning side (usually determined after dozens and dozens of events, a lot like 'I lost rock-paper-scissors? 2 out of 3! 3 out of 5!') got to force-feed its views on the losing side, leaving a lot of would-be soldiers alive and as a nice work force for the winning side.

Those in power quickly found out that they would rather not lose than win, and that's where a lot of defensive tactics came from. American football rules were introduced, first supplanting Ko-orenite football and later living alongside it. In sports like football (any kind), rugby (any kind), and so on, communication with teammates, tactics during the match, and a grander strategy across a season proved to be most important. And so we have a pastime that is mostly strategy, involves some tribalism, and is effectively a random story generator on the side.

Knowing all this, and knowing it probably hasn't changed your disposition towards the game, what do you choose? Which side of the ball do you most like to see in action?

Offence! -> 1
Defence! -> 2
Special teams! -> 3

-----
You do understand we're talking Ko-orenite sports here? Brave choice to go with offence. That said, we do have some choices for you here. The obvious next question: run or pass?
Run! -> 4
Pass! -> 5

-----
Yes, you have what it takes to enjoy the KGFL. There's going to be defence here, so you will like this. What's your favourite kind of defence?
Hard-hitting battles in the trenches -> 6
Zone defence leading to interceptions -> 7

-----
Of course, such people must exist as well! And you'll be happy to know that one team keeps ranking in first categories ranging from 'average drive starting point' to 'average opponent drive starting point'. Consistent kicking is part of this as well, of course. Your favourite team should be:
the ImageEaglebury Emperors!

-----
Running comes in a few varieties, as you'd know. Which one do you like best?
Vertical running: between the tackles, pushing the defence back yard for yard -> 8
Horizontal running: outside the tackles, outspeeding the force and cutback defenders, occasionally getting huge gains just inside the touch lines -> 9

-----
Passing has taken off tremendously in the KGFL as it has elsewhere. You can't go without it, and Ko-oren has developed some prolific throwers since. Any preference between the following?
Spreading the ball around, going for lots of attempts and completions -> 10
Four vertical routes, huge throws, massive completions, spectacular catches -> 11

-----
Toughness isn't rewarded all over the archipelago, but some squads have perfected the art of scaring quarterbacks in giving up sacks, or poorly attempting a throw anyway, and beating running backs into submission. You'll find some teams to like. Which do you prefer?
Getting to the quarterback -> 12
Pushing the O-line back and dominating the run -> 13

-----
You might not expect it, but this actually gives you quite a few choices. Ko-oren is home to a number of good secondaries - as our national team would like to make you believe as well. What do you look for in a defence?
Versatility, with defensive backs blitzing and linebackers being able to cover -> 14
Shutdown corner play, with the safeties dancing in between for interceptions and overtop coverage -> 15
Punishing tackles and pass defences, a receiver touches the ball and will feel it -> 16

-----
Power running. An art long lost - or rather, never discovered. On the Dragonfly islands, it's certainly had its place but not many teams wish to specialise in it. That is, with the exception of the ImageMayara Wolves!

-----
This form of running had its times, with various teams trying to include it in their portfolio from time to time. No team has ever perfected it to this extent, making it the bread and butter of their running game, or even their offence. Your team is the ImageAerellen Explosions!

-----
The West Coast offence isn't so much West Coast in Ko-oren. Only two teams are from there - and neither likes to string completions together. Instead, your team will be the inner coast ImageSchemerdrecht Admirals!

-----
Specialising in big, speedy receivers, and a big-arm quarterback, you'll find your place with the ImageMawryshire Centaurs!

-----
Agility and athleticism on the line are your thing, and for that, you'll find a team in the ImageMayara Destroyers!

-----
The ImageSchemerdrecht 65ers are your kind of team, with plenty of tackles for a loss, physically intimidating linemen, and linebackers that love to end their play around the line of scrimmage.

-----
A technical kind of defence, a tough system on the players that run it, with communication and a great preparation needed to perfect it. Now, which position do you think is most important here?
The linebackers -> 17
The secondary -> 18

-----
Great choice! Fundamentally though, do you think quarterbacks have a harder time when they're being pressured in the pocket first, or if they are pressured by seeing their receivers covered well?
Pressure in the pocket makes the secondary shine -> 19
The secondary does it all by themselves -> 20

-----
Only one team manages to make the secondary into a medieval torture device, welcome to the ImageNoordrug Astronauts!

-----
Great linebackers are always found on the ImageGreencaster Godspeed roster!

-----
Ball-hawks and a lot of 'where did he come from' plays are seen every drive with the ImageSterrenwolde Dragonflies!

-----
The ImageAminey Caspians can do it all, with specialised players at specialised positions, and a focus on putting their cornerbacks in positions where they can make plays - the D-line isn't neglected, either.

-----
A team that's occasionally slammed for leaving their corners on islands with little outside help - but even that leads to impressive defensive numbers, aided by a few do-it-all safeties: the ImageWillowbourne Saints!
Last edited by Ko-oren on Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Squidroidia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Squidroidia » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:53 am

Previous Parts: 1 2 3 4 5

Road to the World Bowl

The Squidroidian Flyers

Episode 6 - Football, Oh What a Feeling

Krytenia was not a place where Squidroidia thought they would be winning an actual gridiron game. Colonel Tanyu knew that most likely a win would come at their home ground for this tournament, the Inkopolis City Stadium. But here they were now, 12-14 in the 3rd quarter with the ball on the 15 yard line, 3rd and 6. They could kick a field goal here, but Krytenia can take the lead with a touchdown if they did that. Hideyoshi and his men needed to find the end zone. They couldn't go winless in the first half of the group stage.

The 11 men that defined Squidroidia's offense came up in the dying minutes of the 3rd. The quarterback himself was joined by running backs Takenaka Hanshiro and Murakami Aki. With Tomoyuki out for the game after a serious hit during the 1st quarter, Sando Soseki was joined by Okuyama Tabito in the famed WR position. In terms of the O-line you saw faces like Araya Nariakira, Tengan Toshimichi, Seto Mikio, Okazaki Nori and Yada Sozen take to their positions. But it was their secret weapon, the tight end Sakurai Eitoku, that would score on this play.

As Seto snapped the ball to Hideyoshi, he looked around for an open man. Seemingly everybody was covered by a Krytenian player. James Naylor covered up Tabito, while Thomas Springer tried to cover Soseki. God dammit, he said to himself, as the offensive line crumbled away to the likes of Johnson, Lahar and Dales. At first he was going into the sack, but in a kneejerk motion he found Eitoku, wizzing through the Krytenian corners. Almost immediately he would throw to the tight end, the spiral getting above all the other Aces players.

Eitoku would grab the ball at the 5 and went the remaining distance to put the ball in the endzone. 12-20 Squidroidia. He would prance around the endzone like a butterfly, flapping his arms as the Squidroidian QB and running backs came to lock heads with him. Suddenly Hideyoshi would talk, almost supporting this man. "Sakurai, great play! I knew you would do it, I believed like the Colonel!" The tight end would respond with a smile as they marched back to the sidelines. Dayu kicked the extra point and the field goal and Squidroidia won for the first time, 12-24.

Football, oh what a feeling.

Krytenia 12–24 Squidroidia

Box Score

Regulation
0-7 Squidroidia TD (Aki), extra point good
3-7 Krytenia FG (Alleyne)
9-7 Krytenia TD (Paul Orton), extra point no good
9-14 Squidroidia TD (Soseki), extra point good
12-14 Krytenia FG (Alleyne)
12-21 Squidroidia TD (Eitoku), extra point good
12-24 Squidroidia FG (Dayu)

The Schedule
All home games are at Inkopolis City Stadium

Matchday 1 - Vs. Martune L, 3-9 OT
-
Matchday 2 - @ Geektopia L, 13-26
-
Matchday 3 - Vs. Main Nation Ministry L, 0-19
-
Matchday 4 - @ Krytenia W, 24-12
-
Matchday 5 - Vs. Velstrania
-
Matchday 6 - @ Martune
-
Matchday 7 - Vs. Geektopia
-
Matchday 8 - @ Main Nation Ministry
-
Matchday 9 - Vs. Krytenia
-
Matchday 10 - @ Velstrania

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

NSFB: Dragonflies Conquer, But TJUN-ia Tried!

Postby TJUN-ia » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:38 am

The Gardens were certainly the place to be tonight as the 3-0 Jaguars tied to remain undefeated against our toughest opponents yet - the No.3 in the entire multiverse. The Dragonflies of Ko-oren needed no introduction and neither did Head Coach Stij Batterink and his team. The difference was staggering. Batterink had an experienced side and more players from the Top League. Gus McKerrin, on the other hand, was leading a team only in their 2nd ever tournament and had to get players from amateur TJUN-ian gridiron to at least have some backups in case of injuries. These two teams couldn't have been any different, but the final score didn't show that.

We only conceded 17 points this game. 2 touchdowns and a field goal. The first TD was a 34-yard bomb by Robin Reeman to Golatisu Junstarin in Q1, while the 2nd came in Q4 with a 23-yard pass to Lilisun Ranindhen. Abner Bennett kicked the 2 extra points and a 36-yard FG in Q3. But other than that, the TJUN-ian defence held strong.

The only real downer was that we couldn't score ourselves. No matter what Jake Griffin and P.J. Swarts tried, nothing could get to the endzone. The Dragonflies were known for having one on the best defences in the multiverse and they certainly showed that tonight.

So yes, we did lose, but it's not the end of the world just yet. We're now 3-1, tied with both Ko-oren and Cassadiagua at the top of the Group D tree and we want to keep it that way. Our final game before the off day is on the road at The Sarian, who are 2-2 so far. We lost a "1st vs 2nd" match up, but now we play in a "3rd vs 4th". GO JAGS!

SCHEDULE (Group D)
MD1: vs Cassadiagua (11) - Field of Dreams in The Gardens, New Washington W 21-14 (3rd/1-0)
MD2: @The Jovannic (UR) - De Stadium Le Buile, Buile W 21-0 (1st/2-0)
MD3: vs Nagore (UR) - Field of Dreams in The Gardens, New Washington W 44-3 (1st/3-0)
MD4: vs Ko-oren (3) - Field of Dreams in The Gardens, New Washington L 0-17 (3rd/3-1)
MD5: @The Sarian (49)
------------------------OFF DAY------------------------
MD6: @Cassadiagua (11)
MD7: vs The Jovannic (UR) - Field of Dreams in The Gardens, New Washington
MD8: @Nagore (UR)
MD9: @Ko-oren (3)
MD10: vs The Sarian (49) - Field of Dreams in The Gardens, New Washington
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:46 am

When Les Steckhall accepted the head coaching position with the Sarzonian national gridball team, he called his former Portland Pirates boss Gil Spencer to ask for advice on handling his first head coaching opportunity.

Spencer hung up the phone.

When Steckhall tried calling Spencer again, the call went directly to voice mail. Clearly, Spencer was angry with his now-former offensive coordinator for taking the Stars job. Steckhall was upset and angry at his former boss, but decided he would chart his own course after a few minutes to grieve the acrimonious divorce from the Pirates.

After a few minutes of taking a walk around Joe Gibbs Stadium, he grabbed a sports drink from the mini refrigerator in Tim Gates's office. His office. He called in the coaching staff into the office. As they all filed in, he set up some folding chairs.

"First of all, for anyone who doesn't know me, my name is Les Steckhall," he said. "You can call me Steck if you want. I want you all to know that I really wish the circumstances were different. This team is better than its record and I'm confident in all of you to help us prove that.

"I just got a text from Joe Locklear that he's leaving the team," Steckhall added, showing the other coaches the text message on his mobile. "I wish him well. I'm bringing in Sam Rosen to run the offence. I'll admit Sam's more of a game manager than Joe is, but he knows the offence we're going to run better than anyone else.

"Other than that, I'm going to give everybody a chance to show what they can do. Gavin, did Coach Gates have you help with the game planning?"

"No," quarterbacks coach Gavin Davis replied. He didn't even have running backs coach Mike Pendry, the nominal running game coordinator help out. Gates seeking out Steckhall to serve as offensive coordinator was a huge admission that perhaps he didn't have all the answers, and Spencer's decision to deny Steckhall the chance to interview for that job was a blow Gates couldn't recover from.

"Well, I would greatly appreciate your help," Steckhall said. "You too, Mike. You're the running game coordinator, right?"

"Yeah," Pendry said.

"I'm going to ask both you and Gavin to help me draw up the game plan for the game against The Greater Nordics. And, I hope you both can help out the rest of the way."

Both men agreed, appreciating the fact that their new boss was willing to humble himself and ask for help. The offensive game plan was going to feature more passing than what Gates called for, and it worked. Rosen completed 17-of-28 passes for 295 yards and two touchdowns, Ty'Relle Clinton rushed 26 times for 110 yards and, more importantly, the Stars didn't commit a turnover and Sarzonia left the Joe Gibbs Stadium pitch to rapturous applause after a 23-20 victory punctuated by a 46-yard game winning field goal from Adam Novak with time running out.

For the first time in his life, Steckhall got doused with the same brand of sports drink that he'd drawn out of the mini fridge in his office. No matter how sticky that stuff was, Steck didn't mind.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:45 am

OOC: Anything written in quotation marks and bolded is from Xanneria's RP, with the following non bolded text in quotation marks from an online generator.

Technology has come a long way in recent years. Artificial Intelligence has taken over many tasks which humans used to do. But can it write like a human? Can it tell a story? Let's test that out...

I'm Ibbie Pemberton, and I've been struggling with how to continue this series, largely because I have not been able to find reports from Silver Beach and Lisander on the recent World Bowl matches. Perhaps their nations are embarrassed by their losses, and I would be too - for Silver Beach, a 56-0 drubbing to the only other unranked side in the group spells bad news for their prospects, whilst Lisander fell victims to a second overtime victory for the Spuds which, for now at least, puts them top of the group heading into the toughest fixture of the lot on paper - away at Taeshan.

So instead of mocking those we have vanquished (because they're too scared of these articles), we will instead be turning to a series of articles coming from Northwest Kalactin, about the history of the World Bowl and its most powerful teams. Let's see what information the computer can give us on those teams (with the knowledge of gridiron in Jeckland, we're a bit sketchy ourselves). It's time for everyone to learn something.

"Qazox is an old-time World Bowl Power. They where a team that made it far in many tournaments and had a very strong team back in the days of them winning titles. A team that would be able to play well at tournaments and win many big titles."

Decent start, although as the original article later states, Qazox only won the World Bowl once. However, they were clearly a team that did play well for a period of time at the tournament, so that bit is fair.

A team that plays the same as you, just a bit better. They played a bit different style and did it with a lot of style.

Can't really comment on this bit, since I'm not well versed in the playstyle of Qazox. This does seem to be a fairly accurate description of Jeckland so far in this tournament though, so maybe that's a good omen that this side will go far. Or maybe I'm reading way too much into it. Probably that.

A team that I would have liked to see take their game to the next level. In fact, they do that now as well. I think they'll be good in this tournament.

It was so close! The first line makes perfect sense - for a well known team to have only won the big prize once that's exactly the kind of thing you would say. However, in this simulation the author appears to be living in the past, as Qazox is long gone and not signed up to this tournament. Maybe if they were, they'd show us some next level gridirion, but I guess we'll never know.

Moving on now to the fourth best dynasty, according to this set of articles - and it's the hosts of the knockout phase, Delaclava.

"Delaclava first arose to the world stage when they finished in second place, only to Sarzonia, in World Bowl 11, which was hosted in Delaclava. They came back up during World Bowl 13, hosted in the Bluth Corporation, and ended up finishing with their first ever win of the tournament, a feat that they would only achieve twice. The second time they came back from an early deficit, in the finals of the tournament, they had some luck to win a coin toss, and Sarzonia took the lead for the first time in the tournament."

I have no idea if Delaclava came back from an early deficit in their second World Bowl triumph, nor if they were playing Sarzonia. They seem to have won a coin toss, with Sarzonia then taking the lead for the first time in the tournament, in the final. Now, unless this tournament had a really funky format, this is probably impossible, so well done to the Stars for warping the laws of gridiron to reach the final. Apparently their fatal mistake was taking the lead, as it lead to their defeat. Perhaps this World Bowl trophy was a wooden spoon and the author is trying to write some kind of convoluted metaphor. Or perhaps the computer is chatting absolute shit again.

"The teams then faced off in the finals, with Sarzonia losing, and the match being decided at 4:05 and the game being decided at 7:05."

So the final hadn't happened now, but it had. It was also simultaneously decided at '4:05' and '7:05' - I don't know whether these are times in the game, or times of day, but either way, none of this makes sense. It was doing so well with Qazox. Sorry Delaclava, but it looks like your two World Bowls were won in such a confusing way that it can be questioned whether they really count. I need a lie down.

Watch.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2011

Postby Allamunnic States » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:56 am

Allamunnika Daily

Regulars bounce back
Team course-corrects after MD3 loss, defeats Ironworkers 23-0
by Aldyn Wyrnur

When the Regulars returned home to face Karditan, chastened by an outing in which their offense had sputtered and failed to generate enough scoring to over come two measly field goals against South Covello, they prepared to make their adjustments and face their underdog rivals from Karditan, who were undoubtedly looking to make a statement after winning their first game of World Bowl XXXIX on MD3. Would the Ironworkers be able to stifle the Allamunnic rushing attack and dare QB#12 Ed Kaarlsunn to beat them through the air, just as the Covelloans had done?

The answer, it turned out, was no. While he did not exactly put on a clinic, the Regulars were once again forced to use a balanced attack as their opponents loaded the box against the run, and Kaarlsunn delivered with an effective performance that kept Karditan's defense honest and allowed the rushing attack to rediscover its legs. Combined with the third shutout in four games by Theo Laansur's defense, and it was more than enough to move the Regulars' all-time record against Karditan to 9-1, with seven out of those nine wins (including now the last six) being shutouts. The win leaves the Regulars with a 3-1 record going into the last game of the first round robin (which they will play on the road against Abahnfleft), as well as the second-largest point differential of any team in World Bowl XXXIX and, somehow, third place in their group (courtesy of Abahnfleft's 4-0 record and South Covello currently holding the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Regulars).

"I'm proud of the way our team bounced back from a tough loss," head coach Rik Olafsunn said after the game. "Sometimes you lose a close one on the road like that and the hangover can be worse than the original defeat. But credit to this team for being professionals and tightening up to get back on track."

Kaarlsunn's 14/20 performance for 189 yards and a touchdown was uncharacteristically crisp for the young signal-caller, and much of it came early, as he was asked to punish the Ironworkers' defense for overplaying the run. The first score of the game, in fact, was a 37-yard deep strike to WR#80 Ole Haensley on the game's opening drive, who managed to fake out CB Fiona Ruthers with a double move to come free. With the pass established as something requiring respect, the team was better able to move the ball on the ground subsequently, managing time-consuming drives of 71, 70, and 72 yards to set up K#15 Sofya Torrus' field goals of 46, 47, and 45 yards over the course of the first, second, and third quarters respectively. The game was pretty well-in hand early in the fourth quarter with a score of 16-0, but the game was finally put on ice by a 8-yard touchdown run by FB#24 Derrik Staalburg on a read-option.

It sometimes feels like Regulars fans take strong defensive performances for granted, but it needs to be put into perspective that the Regulars' 5-sack, 3-turnovers-forced shutout effort is their third such performance in four games, and the unit has yet to allow an opponent into the endzone. MLB#23 Claetus U'Daanyl has reminded everyone why the defense was, at one point, essentially constructed around him; even in his age-30 season, he leads the team in tackles, has as many passes defensed as many other teams' defensive backs, along with a couple of sacks to his name. FS#05 Anke Baenty has been a menace to passers, and DE#59 Theodur Waalturs has amply demonstrated that he is every bit his father's son as he leads the team in sacks with 9 over four games. The unit as a whole has yet to allow an opposing offense to gain more than 300 yards on the ground. If this effort is not historic, than certainly it at least worthy of being called 'elite.'

Of course, statistical dominance will mean very little if the Regulars are not able to dig themselves out of the bottom 2/3 of Group H to advance. there are still four tough games to go (both matches against Abahnfleft, a home rematch against South Covello where the Regs hope to even that series, and the rubber rematch against Karditan in Indianeighpolis), as well as two likely-but-not guaranteed victories in road rematches against Mathuvan Union and the UCR. The first step to retaking the group lead comes in a few days, at Matchday 5's tilt in Abahnfleft against the Fleftic side. A win there should vault the Regulars back into the driver's seat for Group H, albeit with very little room for error, with the back-half of qualifiers and an away game-heavy schedule still to play.

Statistical Leaders:

Passing:
QB#12 Ed Kaarlsunn - 14/20, 189 yards, TD
Total: 14/20, 189 yards, TD

Rushing:
FB#24 Derrik Staalburg - 12 rushes, 55 yards, TD
HB#22 Fredrik Eriksunn - 11 rushes, 62 yards
HB#31 Piotr Sfynsunn - 9 rushes, 39 yards
QB#12 Ed Kaarlsunn - 7 rushes, 34 yards
Total: 39 rushes, 190 yards, TD
Part of the Ajax Role-Playing Community.
Stay apprised of developments in Ottonia
Political Compass
Six-Time World Bowl Champions (XVI, XVII, XIX, XXIII, XXV, XXVII)
WLC VII & X Champs (WLC VI, XI & XIII Runners-Up)

Terre Septentrionale
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Septentrionale » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:56 pm

Terre Septentrionale beat Alba and Cymru

Rzodkiewnica, Katarzyna Zachodnie (Catherine-Ouest) - Following their loss against Banija, Terre Septentrionale stayed home and received Alba and Cymru in Rzodkiewnica, located in the township of Catherine-Ouest. Because The Nordiques played against an unranked team, coach Ginette Champoux decided to rest Haylie Woo, so Wyatt Schulze-Lichtenberg was the starting quarterback.

Terre Septentrionale won the coin toss and choose to receive the ball but they did nothing good on their first drive. Before the end of the 1st quarter, Terre Septentrionale had the ball at the 13 yards line in Scottish and Welsh territory on a 3rd and 6 and Wyatt Schulze-Lichtenberg passed to Stanislaw Krzyzanowski who caught the ball in the endzone for 6 points. The extra point was good and it was 7-0 Reprezentacja Nordycki. Midway in the 2nd quarter, after a 58 yards punt by Evan McSorley, Alba and Cymru started with the ball at their own 1 yard line. An unidentified running back ran with the ball but he was tackled by Keyshawn Woodcock-Hunter in his own endzone for a safety and the score was 9-0. That was the score at the halftime.

Alba and Cymru started with the ball in the 3rd quarter and they took the ball to the 42 yards line in their own territory, then on a 2nd and 10, the quarterback threw the ball but it was intercepted by Jaxton McFolley who returned the ball to the 29 yards line in Alba and Cymru territory. On a 1st and 10 at the 29 yards line, Wyatt Schulze-Lichtenberg passed to Sheldrick Ferguson-McCloud who was wide open. Ferguson-McCloud caugh the ball and ran all the way to the endzone for a touchdown and the score was 16-0 Terre Septentrionale. On their next drive, Alba and Cymru scored a touchdown on a 16 yards pass, then they tried a 2 points conversion but they missed it. The score is 16-6. Nick DeLuca added 3 more points on a 19 yards field goal in the 4th quarter. 19-6 is the final score.

Terre Septentrionale   7  2  7  3  -  19
Alba and Cymru 0 0 6 0 - 6

BOXSCORE

1ST QUARTER
5:44 - Touchdown by Stanislaw Krzyzanowski (13 yards pass from Wyatt Schulze-Lichtenberg). Extra point by Nick DeLuca.

2ND QUARTER
9:14 - Safety by Keyshawn Woodcock-Hunter (Player tackled in his own end zone).

3RD QUARTER
13:28 - Touchdown by Sheldrick Ferguson-McCloud (29 yards pass from Wyatt Schulze-Lichtenberg). Extra point by Nick DeLuca.
9:54 - Touchdown by Player (16 yards pass from Player). Two points conversion missed.

4TH QUARTER
5:40 - Field Goal by Nick DeLuca (19 yards).

2nd place

Vangaziland beat HUElavia 10-7 and Banija crushed Western Fardelshufflestein 33-10. Terre Septentrionale is now 2nd in the standings behind our next opponent, Vangaziland. Well, this whole thing that happened at last World Bowl scares me. I'm going on vacations for two weeks, so you won't see any match report from me for the game against Vangaziland. Right guard Wesley Ostaszewski, who was injured, is now upgraded to probable against Vangaziland. Haylie Woo will be back at quarterback.

Jacques Lacouture,
La tribune septentrionale
Nation name: République de Terre Septentrionale | Trigramme: RTS | Capital: Ville Jacques-Cartier | Maps
Ranks: Hockey: 20th | American Football: 7th | Baseball: 17th | Association Football: 23rd | Rugby Union: 21st
Champions:
Runner Up: Cup of Harmony 76, International Baseball Slam XI
3rd Place: World Volleyball Expo X, International Baseball Slam XII, World Lacrosse Championship XXXV
4th Place: Arena Bowl VI
World Cup participations: WC 85 (3rd place in group), WC 86 (3rd place in group)

Inner AginanaUsordia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 12, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Inner AginanaUsordia » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:55 pm

Inner AginanaUsordia Lions smite Unranked Lovisa and Damukuni, prepare for extremely important Newmanistan matchup
Turning around after a ‘frankly embarrassing’ loss to Ranoria, the Lions used Group F’s unranked newcomers as a turnaround back above .500. Lovisa beat Damukuni before their away matchup against the Lions, which they dropped 39-12. The Lions then kept the Damukuni squad winless with a 30-14 win. The Box Score in a Box ® for the Damukuni game is below.
IAU Lions vs Damukuni
Q1:
9:22: Touchdown, Davo KONELLE to Vincent LEGAULT pass 16 yards mid left, 6 y.a.c. Extra Point by Marion KNIGHT good, 7-0 IAU
Q2:
13:55: Touchdown, Ryan VILLENUEVA run 27 yards left sideline, 27 y.a.c. Extra Point by KNIGHT good, 14-0 IAU
10:02: Touchdown, Damukuni QUARTERBACK to Damukuni WIDEOUT pass 46 yards right sideline, 39 y.a.c. Extra Point by Damukuni KICKER good, 14-7 IAU
0:01: Field Goal, KNIGHT from 48 yards, 17-7 IAU
Q3:
14:34: Field Goal, KNIGHT from 54 yards, 20-7 IAU
8:39: Touchdown, KONELLE to Antonio SLATEK pass 21 yards mid-right, 20 y.a.c. Extra Point by KNIGHT good, 27-7 IAU
Q4:
6:44: Touchdown, QUARTERBACK to RUNNINGBACK 6 yards, 3 y.a.c. Extra Point by KICKER good, 27-14 IAU
0:01: Field Goal, KNIGHT from 29 yards, 30-14 IAU

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:04 pm

And welcome to another edition of the Sports With Bort blog, I'm your always humble host Bort Stevens. We're continuing our special report on Torisakia's World Bowl 39 campaign that we earlier in the week. We're going to discuss Torisakia's first leg of the tournament now that we're halfway through, including a look ahead at the second leg.

Things could have gone...a little better for the Ice Birds. Started off with 3 straight wins, then a forfeit, and then two losses. To be fair, both losses came against the defending World Bowl champion and the 17th ranked nation in the world, so it isn't like they were games we shouldn't have lost. Aside from the Free Republics game (remember that the TGFA came out and said the game was actually played, they just tried to cover it up because we got utterly embarrassed. They're getting a lot of praise for it, actually), our performances have been pretty good. A stellar offensive showcase for the first 2 games followed by a great defensive game against Kohnhead. The Greater Nordics game was a good defensive bout for Torisakia, but bad in all other facets. Most say that one of our biggest issue is that, while we're scoring a lot of points, we're also giving up a lot of points. Torisakia currently sits at 121 Points For and 114 Points Against, giving us a +7 Point Differential. But take away the Free Republics game and we're looking at 111 Points For, 64 Points Against, and a +47 Point Differential. Of course those numbers would be higher if we had won the game, but the baseline is that one game makes up for most of those points given up. Outside of the Free Republics game, the most points the Ice Birds have given up is 20 to Sarzonia on the first matchday. So overall our defense is playing pretty well. You just have to remember that our biggest loss was to the defending World Bowl champion, not some bottom dweller who couldn't be half-assed enough to give us a named roster.

1 Free Republics 5 5 0 166 36 +130
2 The Greater Nordics 5 3 2 72 65 +7
3 Torisakia 5 3 2 121 114 +7
4 Northwest Kalactin 5 2 3 81 123 −42
5 Kohnhead 5 1 4 70 83 −13
6 Sarzonia 5 1 4 56 145 −89

As it stands at the end of leg 1, Torisakia sits in 3rd in Group G at 3-2, behind The Greater Nordics at 4-1 and Free Republics at 5-0 respectively. Not really where we expected to be, but at least we're not last. That distinction goes to Sarzonia, who is 1-4 after losing to Kohnhead on the fifth matchday in a battle for sole possession of last place. With still another five games to go, Torisakia has plenty of time to finish in the top two of Group G. I figure at least 4 wins will get us to the playoffs, with one of those wins being against either Free Republics of Greater Nordics. 3 wins could get us there, but we would need a lot of help and quite honestly I don't see that happening. It's best to take the easy path because what's wrong with taking the backstreets? But to be honest, I'll just be happy if we beat Sarzonia and Kohnhead since they're the two worst teams in the group and should be easy wins. We definitely had no issues against them. We'll have more road games in this leg though, facing Sarzonia, Northwest Kalactin, and Free Republics away while getting Kohnhead and The Greater Nordics at home at Kirk & Hilton Heights and Estadio Nacional de González Isla respectively. Hopefully this doesn't give added pressure to the team, though our only road lost so far was the Greater Nordics and we did fine in terms of handling the atmosphere. We have a lot of composed guys on our squad, especially Spady. I doubt they'll have an issues on the road, just as long as they can make they can make their flight on time.

Torisakia opens up the second leg of World Bowl 39 on the road against Sarzonia, who Torisakia defeated 30-20 on matchday one. Sarzonia finally notched a win against The Greater Nordics on matchday four, but ultimately lost the Toilet Bowl match to Kohnhead and now they sit in last place. The Stars have been slowly improving over the course of the competition, so I expect this to be just as hard fought as our first game was. We'll be playing in Woodstock at Joe Gibbs Stadium, which seats over 75,000 fans. We have stadiums much bigger than that, Sarzonia. Get on our level.

Welp, that's all I have for today. I'll be back with another edition of Sports with Bort soon to discuss the Torisakia-Sarzonia matchup as well as take a look at other happenings around the tournament in other groups and preview the next matchday. Take care and I lessened Jules' punishment for taking my car without permission to being grounded for two week with only three days a week with no TV. He seems to have taken to it quite well, and he even helped me clean up the rest of the paint from when he shot me with a paintball gun the other day. What a nice chimp. He still has limited outside time though, don't get too ahead of yourself.
Last edited by Torisakia on Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:09 pm

Slugfest Sees Ranoria Scrape by Newmanistan Despite Turnovers

Newmanistan's tenth ranked outfit was a tough matchup for the third ranked Ranorian National Team, and Derek McNair struggled. The game plan appeared to be ingenious, with many disguised coverages and using the Ranorian tendency to use tight formations against them. As such, Newmanistan's offense brought up its back seven and brought a variety of blitzes to throw off McNair. It worked. The star quarterback ended the night 11/21 for 141 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. He did chip in well on the ground, as he was often running for his life, with 16 carries for 70 yards, but also fumbled the ball in the fourth quarter on what should have been a game icing drive.

This game was carried by Vice Jackson. With the passing game being not only unreliable but unproductive, the back got a boatload of carries, and reeled in 6 catches on checkdowns, with 28 carries and a grand total of 127 yards. Without his contributions, Ranoria would be locked in a tie for 2nd place in the group.

The defense, however, was superb. We mentioned Derek McNair's late game blunder. Up 14-10, after already securing two interceptions and four sacks, the Ranorian defense was put in a tough situation. McNair's fumble had given Newmanistan the ball at Ranoria's thirty yard line, all they needed was to march that far to win the game. William Teller came up huge with a sack on the first play of the drive, but Stephon Sutton, a speedster at wideout, burned Ranoria's thin cornerback room on a double move to the outside. He went untouched until the four yard line, at which point safety Kenny Leinden shot at his ankles. Sutton's sheer momentum carried him forward, and he was down inches away from the goal line. This is where the heroics happened. First, it was a toss play that speedy edge rusher William Teller sniffed out. Then a power rush, one that Emmanuel Miller's massive frame absorbed. Then Kevin Gerhart, at defensive tackle, made his presence known on a dive. On the fourth and final play, the linebackers finally chipped in, Johnson Ellis leaping over the line to meet the running back a yard behind the line of scrimmage.

While it was a close victory, Ranoria is now the only undefeated team in the group, and they appear to be capable of standout performances on both sides of the football. This team has a real chance to make something happen this year.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Delaclava
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:31 pm

DSGN.com Gridiron

George rocks, Phoenixes roll on way to marquee opponent

Kitsuartat -- Dexter George's 72 yard touchdown run to begin the second half was the highlight of a 160-yard, two-touchdown day for the star running back as Delaclava took command early in a 34-3 victory over Drunk People at the Local Tavern.

Roddy Carter added his first touchdown with a reception from Brian Mathis, while Trent Charles connected with Royale Hartley in the late stages of the game for their first touchdowns. The Phoenixes defense's only blemish was a field goal allowed in the second quarter, but they otherwise were in command, with Allan Tolliver and Royce Schreiber getting three sacks each and Seth Ružička, Tasunka Coleman, and Jaxx Underwood each adding an interception.

"This was a winnable game, one where we could make a statement, and we took care of business from front to back," said coach Gorka Bielsa. "Just what the doctor ordered."

Bielsa took the opportunity in the fourth quarter to slowly remove the starters and put in the backup squad, allowing players like Charles and Hartley to get more reps. Bielsa explained, "Once we had this game locked up, we all had eyes on Drawkland. I wanted my starters to stay safe, not push themselves any more, and give my backups some game action. We're going to need depth, we're going to need everyone ready to step up if we want to have a shot at victory."

The small but mighty crowd of 29,456 at Chiefs Stadium in Kitsuartat were appreciative of the efforts the team's stars have put in so far, recognising each exiting player with raucous cheers. They were particularly enthusiastic for starting offensive linemen Rayl Kelly and Jamison Caulfield, both alumni of Kitusartat University and former All-DUSA picks while with the Chiefs.

It was a particularly rewarding moment for Kelly, 30, a fixture of the Mannheim Rockets for eight year and an UFL All-Star for the last three. "I'm starting to get a bit older, I'm taking it one game, one season at a time to see how long I can keep playing. We knew this opportunity to play internationally was coming, I just didn't know if I was going to get it. To have this opportunity to play in front of so many friends and alumni, and pick up a great win, it's a dream come true."

The next game promises to be a lot less welcoming, as Delaclava travels to another galaxy to take on Drawkland, the #2 ranked squad and two-time former champions. The two nations have a sporting rapport through their ultimately unsuccessful bid for the Cup of Harmony, but while it adds interest to the matchup off-field, it likely won't affect the tenor of the match itself. But the Phoenixes will come in with guns blazing.

"They're supposed to win this game," Mathis admitted, but then promised, "We've got nothing to lose, and we're going to give them everything we've got."

Delaclava 34–3 Drunk People at the Local Tavern

1st Quarter
DEL, Dexter George 15 yard run (Kieran Conley kick)
2nd Quarter
DEL, Brian Mathis 12 yard pass to Roddy Carter (Conley kick)
DPP, Equestrian Breeze 42 yard FG
DEL, Conley 25 yard FG
3rd Quarter
DEL, George 72 yard run (Conley kick)
DEL, Conley 40 yard FG
4th Quarter
DEL, Trent Charles 31 yard pass to Royale Hartley (Conley kick)

ReSearch Weekly
The leading national publication in popular and promising academic research and discovery

For leading Eptologists, Delaclava-Drawkland gridiron match has implications beyond sport

Scientists specialising in the number seven are taking a particular interest in the Delaclava national football team's upcoming visit to the Intergalactic Empire of Drawkland for a game in the World Bowl.
The players and coaches won't be the only ones making the trip to the foreign planet; Eptologists from some of the leading universities will be making the travel as well, hoping to gain more firsthand knowledge and insight on the Drawkish culture.
"This is a very exciting opportunity to further our research into this essential topic," said an excited Michele Robbins of the Alexandria Alpine Institute, which is known for its numerology department as well as its wizarding school. "Opportunities like this truly only come around once in seven lifetimes."
Other facts of particular interest regarding this match are the sport being played - football, where points are routinely scored in groups of seven. Delaclava also made its World Bowl debut all the way back in World Bowl 7. In other sports, Drawkish people are responsible for the creation of 7ball, Delaclava and Drawkland also teamed up to host the 77th Cup of Harmony - a consolation soccer tournament - and in a friendly soccer match between the two teams, Drawkland defeated Delaclava 7-1. All these facts suggest that something very special could happen in this game itself.
The opportunities for discovery on this trip are thus abundant, and if the Eptologists provide enough data on this match, Eptology departments around Delaclava may be able to receive greater funding and further explorations, where more advanced researchers will be able to join, such as tetracontenneologists - a highly respected class of Eptologists - trihectotetracontritriologists - less popular but slowly gaining traction in the numerology community - dichiliatetrahecatomonologists, and even hexakaidecachiloctecteptologists. The Eptology community will no doubt be waiting to hear back from the traveling researchers on their findings, and we promise to bring you news of the latest innovations in this often-overlooked but vastly important field of study.
Sports Honor Roll

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports