NATION

PASSWORD

Rugby League World Cup XIX - SIGNUPS (CLOSED)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:27 am

Placely Placington wrote:Signed up as a puppet of Elejamie in an attempt to make this 32.

Can confirm, as I'm currently towards the end of a move at the minute and ideally I'd like to get this thing started as soon as possible just to make sure I don't end up disappearing in the early stages of it.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Copper Cuprum
Envoy

Founded: Oct 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Copper Cuprum » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:32 am

And that does it! With 32 nations, signups are now closed. Expect the everything thread to pop up within the next 72 hours.
The Chiefdom of Copper Cuprum
Leader: Chief Deg

Client state of the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Chicken killers mad for rugby union, equally mad for rugby sevens, but so much madder for rugby league
Is Esportiva the place? Maybe it is.

Copper Cuprum
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Copper Cuprum » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:57 pm

The Everything Thread is now live!

Chicken killers mad for rugby union, equally mad for rugby sevens, but so much madder for rugby league

Cerulean Isles
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerulean Isles » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:29 am

I withdraw.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:19 am

Cerulean Isles wrote:I withdraw.

Can't let you do that, Star Fox! Once a tournament's already started, you sadly cannot withdraw from it. All you can do is simply not RP any matches, which is completely optional in the first place (but it helps you win matches).
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

Cerulean Isles
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerulean Isles » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:20 am

Elejamie wrote:
Cerulean Isles wrote:I withdraw.

Can't let you do that, Star Fox! Once a tournament's already started, you sadly cannot withdraw from it. All you can do is simply not RP any matches, which is completely optional in the first place (but it helps you win matches).

Please see the Rules regarding withdrawing a nation from an NS Sport RP.

If a nation withdraws before fixtures have been finalised, then it should be withdrawn immediately.

To my knowledge, the draw for this tournament has not yet been conducted.
Last edited by Cerulean Isles on Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:28 am

Cerulean Isles wrote:
Elejamie wrote:

Please see the Rules regarding withdrawing a nation from an NS Sport RP.

If a nation withdraws before fixtures have been finalised, then it should be withdrawn immediately.

To my knowledge, the draw for this tournament has not yet been conducted.

Ah, I completely forgot about that. I've consulted my fellow NSRB VPs as well as the host to see what we'll have to do here.

Ancharmunn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancharmunn » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:07 am

Whilst the draw itself hasn't been conducted, as the host has posted up a planned schedule they could well argue that Cerulean Isles place in the tournament has been finalised within that. My personal suggestion would be to open the signups to a replacement nation should one wish to come forward before Copper Cuprum conducts the group stage draw. If no one does, then leave the Cerulean Isles in and if they don't want to actively participate so be it.

Whilst a workable solution to suit all parties may well be found withdrawing at such a late stage when the host seems pretty much set to go with the tournament is a bit of a ballache.
I'm not on the Greenwich Meridian so my time is a few seconds behind. Bear that in mind.

Atua Motu
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atua Motu » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:27 am

Polynesian rugby puppet of Nova Anglicana signs up as replacement!

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:27 am

Atua Motu wrote:Polynesian rugby puppet of Nova Anglicana signs up as replacement!

Just confirming
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

NS Rugby Board Executive Council
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:38 am

Nova Anglicana wrote:
Atua Motu wrote:Polynesian rugby puppet of Nova Anglicana signs up as replacement!

Just confirming

And with that we've now got 32 again. It's a shame to see you go Cerulean Isles but I'd recommend saving your roster just in case you want to take part in another one. IGNORE, didn't know who it was.

- EJM
Last edited by NS Rugby Board Executive Council on Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Discussion | Domestic Club Play
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

Squidroidia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Squidroidia » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:52 am

NS Rugby Board Executive Council wrote:
Nova Anglicana wrote:
Just confirming

And with that we've now got 32 again. It's a shame to see you go Cerulean Isles but I'd recommend saving your roster just in case you want to take part in another one.

- EJM

Not participating in this but the user behind Cerulean Isles has left NSSports. I won't go into detail here but FFR (Their puppet) has outlined why in the WC Discussion Thread.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:58 am

Squidroidia wrote:
NS Rugby Board Executive Council wrote:
And with that we've now got 32 again. It's a shame to see you go Cerulean Isles but I'd recommend saving your roster just in case you want to take part in another one.

- EJM

Not participating in this but the user behind Cerulean Isles has left NSSports. I won't go into detail here but FFR (Their puppet) has outlined why in the WC Discussion Thread.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I've edited my post accordingly.

Atua Motu
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atua Motu » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:19 am

I should clarify that this nation’s signup is primarily as a numbers puppet and should be withdrawn if a suitable main nation wishes to enter

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:56 am

I’ll join to fill up the spot.

Probably won’t RP a ton.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

NS Rugby Board Executive Council
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:22 am

Northwest Kalactin wrote:I’ll join to fill up the spot.

Probably won’t RP a ton.

And replacing Atua Motu with Northwest Kalactin to keep it at 32. Here's hoping we don't get any more unnecessary delays.

- EJM
Discussion | Domestic Club Play
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

Copper Cuprum
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Copper Cuprum » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:51 am

Copper Cuprum
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Copper Cuprum » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:12 am

As requested via TG:

Ancharmunn 15–3 Bostopia

Copper Cuprum
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Copper Cuprum » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:24 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to an unexpected family commitment, I will be unable to score MD4 today/tonight; therefore everyone now has an additional 32 hours to their rest day before the RLWC resumes. Apologies in advance for the delay.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports