NATION

PASSWORD

Aussie Rules World Cup I Signups thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sylestone
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sylestone » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:25 pm

Baggieland wrote:
Sylestone wrote:the inaugural Aussie Rules WC!

Are you going to create a new 'everything' thread for rosters and RPs?

UCR will of he responds before my deadline, otherwise bidding will reopen.
Football: WC94 Qualifiers, CE35&36 semifinalists
Cricket: GCF WT20 XVI champions, ODI WT II semifinalists, GCF WT20 XV semifinalists, EspoT20 I&II champions
BoF 74, CoH 78, CoH 81, GCF WT20 XV, HWC 24, EspoT20 I&III

Sylestone
Ambassador

Postby Sylestone » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:12 pm

Unfortunately, UCR has not responded before my deadline and host bids are open again. The next deadline will be this time next Tuesday (Five days from now, or the 7/7.)
If no host bids have been submitted by then, I will submit my own to get the tournament up and running.

Please note that signups are NOT open.
Cricket: GCF WT20 XVI champions, ODI WT II semifinalists, GCF WT20 XV semifinalists, EspoT20 I&II champions

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:24 am

Sylestone wrote:Unfortunately, UCR has not responded before my deadline and host bids are open again.

This is indeed unfortunate. As I'm keen to get this tournament going and there doesn't seem to be any seasoned hosts interested, I will throw my hat into the ring.

Previous hosting experience: nothing.

Claim to hosting competency: I downloaded xkoranate over a month ago and I have been testing it regularly. Also, during this period I have been in regular TG communication with Zwangzug. I know Zwang well from my time as an Issues Editor, so I didn't feel bad about bothering him, and bother him I did! Every time I wasn't sure about scorinating or needed extra information, Zwang was kind enough to answer all my questions complete with full explanations. So there it is, I've been mentored by one of the best.

I was going to host my region's upcoming sport tournaments after the current WC, but maybe this one will come first. I certainly feel ready for my first hosting experience, thanks of course to Zwangzug.

If the other participants indicate that they have faith in my ability, I will post the hosting details after Sylestone's deadline.

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:44 am

I would be willing to step in if need be, but I think this kind of event is the perfect opportunity for a new host to get their feet yet so I fully encourage you to go for it.

Sylestone
Ambassador

Postby Sylestone » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:16 pm

As we have reached the deadline, I am announcing that this thread is CLOSED to all host bids.
Over the next TWO days, send you telegrams to me stating what you vote for.
This closes two days from now where I will announce the winner. Your options are as follows:
Baggieland
Re-open bidding

Sylestone
Ambassador

Postby Sylestone » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:15 pm

The results of the bidding are as follows:
Baggieland: 4
Re-open bidding: 0

Congratulations Baggieland!

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:24 pm

I'll sign up if they're still open, but cut me first if I make the numbers awkward.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:00 pm

Jeckland wrote:I'll sign up if they're still open, but cut me first if I make the numbers awkward.

Sorry mate, already closed. We all look forward to seeing you at Aussie Footie World Cup 2!

Megistos
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Megistos » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:35 am

Baggieland wrote:
Jeckland wrote:I'll sign up if they're still open, but cut me first if I make the numbers awkward.

Sorry mate, already closed. We all look forward to seeing you at Aussie Footie World Cup 2!

congratios mate (no clue what to say to make it seem mexican)
Ambassador To Canada

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports