NATION

PASSWORD

[Tennis/NSTT] Clay Court season 6 [RP/Results]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Freedom and Memes
Secretary

Founded: May 07, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Freedom and Memes » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:19 am

The FAM team cannot wait for their match!

Sharktail
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2017

Postby Sharktail » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:35 am

Princess Karina trip to Istria ep 1.

After get the permission from King and Queen of Sharktail,Princess Karina finally depart to Istria City,Banija.It not easy for her to get the oermission from her father and mother.Princess Karina never leaves Sharktail even one time,so King and Queen worried to let her go.But after her Brother,Prince Robert agreed to tag along,They let her go with an aggrement she cannot involved in anything except following her brother and she have to listen to her brother.She dont really like it because she cannot do what she want but she know she still lacks in manner and everything.

1 Day before going to Istria,

Princess Karina stay in her bed.Her personal maid,Luna is packing her Luggage.While she too focussed on the tennis magazine she read,someone knock the door.Luna open the door.It the second princess,Princess Alia.She change her sit and greet her sister.Luna bring a chair for her.

PK:Hello sis.Is there anything you need?

PA:Nope.Just come to see you.

PK:Are you alone,where your maid?

PA:Well maybe in the kitchen.I ask her to take a rest.

PK:Oh ok.

PA:So i hear from Robert you ask him to tag with you to Istria.I heard you flight is tomorrow.

PK:Yes,we will go to Istria.Why,cant i go there?

PA:You can go,but as mom said uou still young to involve in thing like this.

PK:Yeah i know.Mom already told me.Dont worry.I go with brother.I will stick with her.

PA:Ok,so you wath match last night?

PK:What match?

PA:What..you say you love tennis,but you dont know anything.

PK:I..just miss it.

PA:Sharktail player,Diana Jansen play against tge player from Eraman,Hemat Darwisa.

PK:Against Eraman,our neighbour nation.How is it.

PA:Hemat won.Well,he playing more good.

PK:But it mean i miss Istra Open.

PA:Dont worry,it just qualifying round.Tomorrow, if i not mistaken,our double will play.

PK:Oh,my flight is in the morning so i think we will make it for that match.

PA:There is one more.Two Eraman Princess will also play tomorrow.You know both of them.

PK:Eraman royal princess?Oh you mean Putri Sekar Laut and Putri Mekar Laut.Wait do you mean the playing.

PA:That what i know.

PK:Waah,i have to watch their match.

PA:I got call from their palace tell about this.So i just tell them you will go there too.Both them invite you to meet them in Istra.They already been there.

PK:Ok,but i have to stay with brother.

PA:I will tell Robert to bring you to them.

PK:Thank sis.

PA:Hmm.Ok i gotta go.I have work to do.Hope you enjoy in Istria.

PK:Yes.I will bring you gift.

Princess Alia just smile to her sister.Princess Karina always clumsy but cute.She cannot take her eyes off her.She leaves the toom.Princess Karina lay on the bed.She cannot wait to be in Istria Tomorrow.
NSSport Roleplayer | Melayu Archipelago Member

The Andromeda Island Group
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Island Group » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:03 am

Andromeda News Network
The Sports Hour
Kisangara Tennis Center
Istria, Banija

Tennis coverage begins with ANN correspondent Lucius Webb, a former tennis player, recounting the Liz Lee’s qualifying match. He stands in an empty outer court where the match took place.

“To the normal tennis fan, this particular outer court has little significance, but earlier today, history was made as Elizabeth Lee became the first Andromedan to play in the Istria Open. She also wasted little time becoming the first Andromedan to win a game and a set in Banija.”

Cut to first set highlights.

“It took Liz Lee less than 30 minutes to win the opening set 6 love over Tasya Han of Fedorastan. The start of the second set was something else as Han not only held serve for the first time in the match, but broke Lee’s serve to go up 2-0. Han would maintain the advantage and win the second set.”

“The third set looked to go to a tiebreak as neither Lee nor Han had given up their serve for over an hour. Lee had ended the eleventh game of the final set with two service aces when Han asked for a bathroom break. I talked with Lee after the match about what went on during that time.”

Cut to a brief post-match interview with Lee.

“I knew that Han was struggling.”

Lee voices over highlights.

“She struggled to hold on during her last few service games. So, I decided to try and break her serve before going to a tie break. The ball just happened to bounce my way in that last game.”

Cut to Webb.

“There has been some debate over which of the Andromedans in Istria actually deserved to be here. In this play-in match, Liz Lee proved that she deserves to be here. Back to you, Dave.

Coverage goes to ANN Tennis experts Dropshot Dave Bishop and Bryce Lord.

“With me to discuss who deserves to be in Istria is former Andromeda tennis great Bryce Lord. First, the Liz Lee match.”

“If you watched the final games of that match, Lee was still bouncing on the balls of her feet while Han appeared to wield her racquet as if it weighed 20 pounds. Not sure if stamina will help Liz Lee advance further, but it was the deciding factor in that match.

“Now, let’s talk about the other singles players.”

“Dave, playing a few matches on the Andromeda tour to earn vacation money is one thing. Playing in the NSTT is something else. I think the Andromedans are in for a rude awakening.”

“Who do you think has the best chance?”

“If people think little Johnny B. Galt is actually his famous uncle, he might con his way into the next round, but Belle Nichols is the best singles player there now.”

“Are you as pessimistic about the doubles squads?”

“I am about the younger duo. I mean, who ever heard of a tennis player named ‘Fats?’”

“About as many as have heard of a tennis player named ‘Bryce.’”

“Dave these kids have no chance. Janelle Hood and Sarah Lee Vale might make us proud, since they’re tennis types. And you know what I’m talking about.”

Lord gives a knowing nod to the camera. He’s referring to Hood and Vale being in a relationship.

“Well, I happen to think that all of our players in Istria are tennis types.”

Bishop turns to the camera.

“But whatever happens in the Istria Open, you’ll be able to watch their matches live on the Andromeda News Network’s new channel, The Andromeda Sports Connection. We’ll be right back after these messages.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:05 am

Centralis Herald - Sports Section - Luke Zhang

New beginnings in Istria

It's clay court season in the newly reconstituted NationStates Tennis Tour and players are milling about the Kisangara Tennis Club, hoping for a chance at glory. Of course, many journeymen will have the success of Mattijanan Mattias Burges fresh in their minds. Burges, who won the previous Tier 2 tournament in Steinigestrasse, was propelled into the top ten singles players of the NationStates Tennis Tour. The Tier 2 tournaments are an opportunity for players to get points that would otherwise be inaccessible due to early losses to seeded and more experienced players. With the highest ranked singles player having only 400 points to their name, the draw is wide open for the multiverse's brightest talents to make a mark on the rankings. And, this tournament marks the first tournament with mixed teams - now doubles pairs can be formed by players of different countries.

On the singles side of the draw, Marcus Hathwar and Jack Ho, by virtue of their poor performance in the Electrum Slam, have been drawn to play in the first round of competition. In Section 2, Hathwar plays against the Bunkaiian, Aïanila Šàdiboïa who herself won her qualifying match against South Kohnhead's Dylan Brown. This promises to be an interesting match-up as both players are self-described generalists. Hathwar favours his accurate forehand while Šàdiboïa loves her backhand. Ultimately, it will come down to whoever can serve the most accurately and have the least unforced errors. With the battle between two generalists, there really is not that much to separate them in terms of skill and technique. Jack Ho faces Steven Jorg from the weirdly named country of "Freedom and memes". Ho will continue with his strategy of wearing down his opponents with his groundstrokes going deep into the court, pushing opponents side to side. While he hasn't had that much success so far, Ho will be hoping that his off-season training regimen will pay off in this first match. There has indeed been a noticeable improvement in his stamina since the outdoor hard court season. Maddison Scott and Livinia Moore both have byes into the second round of the competition.

As for doubles, unusually, Electrum has not submitted any athletes. Instead, our athletes have been entered under the nations of Ebola and Sara and The Grearish Union.

While some are questioning the wisdom of why Jack Ho and Marcus Hathwar aren't partnering up after their middling success of their partnership, it seems like the Electrumites have decided to go their separate ways. For the first two tournaments of the clay court season, it seems like that the two viruses inhabiting the bodies of catgirls from Ebola and Sara have convinced the Electrumites to pair up. There are some unique advantages for this arrangement - the catgirls play a feverish and frenzied style of tennis, whilst the Electrumites can provide for clothing and tennis equipment for the two viruses. Indeed, trouble has followed the viruses and their hosts across the multiverse, with unexplained disappearances of racquets and uniforms plaguing the team wherever they go. Then, for the latter two tournaments of the clay season, the Electrumites will pair up with the Kohnface/Kohnhead pair.

Leanne Stewart and Anthony Kawasaki have opted for a similar strategy as well, pairing up with Jeff Rogers and Martha McNeil from The Grearish Union for the first two tournaments of the clay season, but they intend to reunite for the Electrum Slam. This is despite the fact that Stewart and Kawasaki both won the Steinigestrasse doubles tournament together. Internal sources within the Electrumite Lawn Tennis Association point to an argument the two had shortly after winning Steinigestrasse as a reason as to why they are no longer playing together, despite there being no on-the-record acknowledgement of an acrimonious split.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:15 am

These Bruises... make for a better cutoff!

Singles First Round
Kuroumbila Màdaru (M-S) (BNK)        4   6   6
Sebastian Blaze (DCS) 6 0 3

Austin McDanielson (TJU) 6 6
Hemat Darwisa (ERM) 3 4

Martha McNeil (GRU) 1 1
Tomas de Torquemada (BCA) 6 6

Stefan Zimmerman (MTJ) 6 6
Sheila Mai (DCS) 4 1

Alexandra Barna (GGY) 4 4
Rangga Septiandi Putra (MWI) 6 6

Harold Crawley (TJU) 4 6 4
Deseret Weaverton (BNJ) 6 3 6

John B. Galt (AIG) 4 6 4
Rajesh Rao (FAM) 6 1 6

AAUGCC (EAS) 6 4 6
Amy Yuan (SAP) 2 6 2

Maximillian Pronichev (WSN) 1 5
Putri Pasirpura Sekar Laut (ERM) 6 7

Marcus Hathwar (ETM) 6 4 8
Aïanila Šàdiboïa (B) (BNK) 2 6 6

Putri Pasirpura Mekar Laut (ERM) 6 6 2
Judith Alexander (AIG) 4 7 6

Athena Piper (KRY) 7 4 4
Guriman Hàmošgaki (B) (BNK) 5 6 6

John Roberts (FAM) 6 6
Belle Nichols (AIG) 0 3

Philippe Baloui (TJU) 6 3 6
Sakshi Singh (FAM) 2 6 3

Putra Dewangga (MWI) 5 6 4
Bartolo Sabanero (AQL) 7 3 6

Jack Watson (KRY) 4 6
Batera Siwara (ERM) 6 7

Novita Nurdiansyah (FID) 6 6
Bala Guiss (BNJ) 1 4

Arthur Leloup (RCN) 3 6 2
Matéu Virxiliu (AQL) 6 3 6

Matthew Lodian (SAP) 6 4 6
Audri Manford (SKH) 3 6 4

Kadek Adi Wiranatha (PCU) 6 6 6
Tamara Takacs (GGY) 3 7 1

Gracelyn Corinly (SKH) 2 2
Alexey Pustozerov (WSN) 6 6

Julia Devoningstan (NWK) 7 6
Lidya Prajanti (MWI) 5 2

Burama Fadika (BNJ) 6 6
Martin James Alberola (BCA) 4 3

Jack Ho (ETM) 6 6
Steven Jórg (FAM) 2 1

Nitoñi Kàrgeïathil (M-S) (BNK) 6 6
Barry Boa (SAP) 3 0

Bartholomew Pole (KHD) 6 6
Elizabeth Lee (AIG) 0 1

Minnie Agnihotri (DCS) 6 1
Halima Fatty (BNJ) 7 6

Georgia Bassett (KRY) 0 4
Krisna Wibawa Tantan (FID) 6 6

Pablo Cedric Kilapkilap (FID) 7 6
Elizabeth Bisher (SKH) 6 1

Ross Algersuari (KRY) 7 6
Perry Patos (SAP) 5 3

Roberto Perez Balboa (BCA) 6 6
Marvin Weinwurm (GGY) 4 4

Rafael Bautista (AQL) 6 6
Ayu Diah Padmi (MWI) 2 3

Updated Singles Bracket

Doubles First Round Results

Javier Carrasco/ Tomas de Torquemada (BCA)                        6   6
Lola Watt/Sophie Rouson (SKH) 3 1

Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) 7 6
Jasmina Soflik/ Sofia Loranovic (MTJ) 5 3

Riley Dovatin/Melissa Turnface (KHD) 6 6
Aron Menkir/Kassa Berihu (BNJ) 4 2

Luke Subdonez/ Julia Devoningstan (NWK) 2 7 6
Fats Sullivan / Brianna Van Pelt (AIG) 6 5 4

Catherine Brown/Muldli Telaaron (DCS) 6 4 2
Evgeny Kondratenko / Oleg Vlasov (WSN) 1 6 6

SARA/Marcus Hathwar (ETM) (EASETM) 6 7
Batera Siwara/Hemat Darwisa (ERM) 3 5

Dwiyana Lutanto/Dwiyani Lutanto (MWI) 6 6
Pablo Cedric Kilapkilap/Tasya Han (FID) 3 3

AAUGCC/Jack Ho (ETM) (EASETM) 6 6
Amy Yuan/ Joan Arcimedes (SAP) 4 4

Matthew Lodian/ Dimitri Skoar (SAP) 3 7 7
Brian McMalloroy/John McMalloroy (FAM) 6 6 9

Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani (PCU) 6 6 6
Nadia Hapsari/Mira Gandamayu (MWI) 7 3 0

Carla Tormo/Lara Navarro (AQL) 7 7
Amatasana Djuwanaki (B) / Éosebïo Tsafimakoua (D) (BNK) 5 6

Bahari zack/isaac daud (SHT) 6 7
Tatiana McLean/Theobrand Staur (DCS) 4 6

Putri Pasirpura Mekar Laut/Putri Pasirpura Sekar Laut (ERM) 6 3
Janelle Hood / Sarah Lee Vale (AIG) 7 6

Vanessza Pataki/Marvin Weinwurm (GGY) 4 6 4
Maïoura Gaïelakathil (M-S) / Neadaka Gaïelakathil (M-S) (BNK) 6 2 6

Bartolo Sabanero/Qualo Tabos (AQL) 4 6 6
Amina Eba/Keleb Brehan (BNJ) 6 2 4

Vuyani Rabada/Kaui Kamakawiwo'ole (TJU) 4 3
Mary Owenter/Rowley Timple (SKH) 6 6

Updated Doubles Bracket
Last edited by Banija on Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

DEUCE: Banija Hails the Return of Clay

Postby TJUN-ia » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:49 am

Banija welcomes us to the Istria Open, the first Clay Court Tennis Tournament in the revival of the NSTT. TJUN-ia is practically already out of WCQ, so some will turn their attention to this Tier 2 tournament. Some nations are making their return to action after missing the last season while many are making their debut. This tournament is the first on the road to next Grand Slam (the Hamilton International in Electrum), so who knows who could come out of these players as a contender in the future.

SINGLES
I know I am biased in this view, but someone many should keep an eye on is The Cowboy. Austin McDanielson had some highs and lows in the last season and was looking to start strongly against Hemat Darwisa from Ereman. The qualifier certainly wanted to prove himself and made some good shots but The Cowboy was just too much for Darwisa to handle. A straight-sets victory for McDanielson sends him to a Round of 64 match against Daniel Cervantes from Aqual, who got a bye into tomorrow due to previous experience in the NSTT.
Austin McDanielson bt [Q] Hemat Darwisa (ERM) (6-3, 6-4)

Next up is TJUN-ia's Most Unlucky Player So Far: Harold Crawley. The Crawler has had a bad time in the NSTT thus far and it seems that it hasn't changed for the better at all. Banija's Deseret Weaverton, who is the same age as Crawley, had the local crowd behind him at the Kisangara Tennis Club and he wasn't going to let that get to his head. The first set showcased the talents of both men, but Weaverton prevailed 6-4. The Crawler didn't want to go out that way so he fought back hard to take the 2nd 6-3. The third and deciding set was tight until the local pulled away to send Crawley to another early exit. It's never easy, isn't it?
Deseret Weaverton (BNJ) bt Harold Crawley (6-4, 3-6, 6-4)

Finally, it's on to L'artiste. Philippe Baloui made it past the 1st round for the first time at the last tournament and was looking to go two-for-two when he took on Sakshi Singh of Freedom and memes - the current holder of "The Best Name of an NSTT Nation" as of now. The first set was all Baloui as he controlled the pace of play to take it 6-2. But Singh didn't want her journey to end now and she rallied to take set 2 6-3. Now it was up to the 3rd and final set, and it was here that L'artiste assumed control to win this match. Singh played well but Philippe was just too much for her to take. Next up for L'artiste is Elizabeth Quehall from Britonisea - definitely a big player in this tournament.
Philippe Baloui bt [Q] Sakshi Singh (FAM) (6-2, 3-6, 6-3)

DOUBLES

Now time for Samurai Shinji and El Matador. Shinji Makauchi (who will take on Matéu Virxiliu of Aqual in the singles tomorrow) and Felipe de la Rosa (who is here only for the doubles for the first time) were taking on the only qualifying pairing in this draw. Jasmina Soflik and Sofia Loranovic of Mattijana had to play a Play-in match to make the main draw due to the number of teams that entered the tournament. Still, they were an opponent and they certainly played well. The first set was very tight as 2 men and 2 women duel for supremacy on the court. The TJUN-ians won the set but only 7-5, showing how closely Soflik and Loranovic were playing them. In the 2nd set, it was all TJUN-ia, as the pairing made easy work of their opponents to win in straight sets. They will now have a rest day tomorrow (well, El Matador will) before they play familiar opponents to many in TJUN-ia: Adelinde Günther and Lucas Magnier of Receucn.
Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa bt [Q] Jasmina Soflik/ Sofia Loranovic (MTJ) (7-5, 6-3)

And finally the team everyone wants to do well - Vuyani Rabada and Kaui Kamakawiwoʻole. VuRa and Kaui Kama were taking on Mary Owenter and Rowley Timple of South Kohnhead. I don't know how similar South Kohnhead is to the Kohnhead we know but, like Kohnhead, they love to cause chaos. It showed here as Owenter and Timple didn't give the TJUN-ians a chance to gain momentum and they won it in straight sets. VuRa and Kaui Kama need to do better, for everyone's sake.
Mary Owenter/Rowley Timple (SKH) bt Vuyani Rabada/Kaui Kamakawiwoʻole (6-2, 6-3)

TOMORROW'S MATCHES (Coverage Starts at 1:00 pm TST)
Singles Round of 64
Daniel Cervantes (AQL) vs Austin McDanielson (TJU)
Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) vs Philippe Baloui (TJU)
Shinji Makauchi (TJU) vs Matéu Virxiliu (AQL)
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Kohnhead
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kohnhead » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:44 am

Kohnhead goes 2-0 in first round

Bartholomew Pole (KHD)               6   6
Elizabeth Lee (AIG) 0 1

Bartholomew Pole has had a bad start to his NSTT career, going 0-1 at Kinterten, and winning only 1 game at the tier two tournament. Clay is where he plays his best and he showed it today dominating Elizabeth Lee allowing only one game to her in a 6-0 6-1 dominance. His forehand which has been shaky this season was on point and his backhand like normal was dominant. In the next he will take on Marco Vrient the 30 seed in the tournament, Pole is ranked at 35.

Riley Dovatin/Melissa Turnface (KHD)                              6   6
Aron Menkir/Kassa Berihu (BNJ) 4 2

Dovatin and Turnface also played very well. The first set was 6-4 and was tired at 4 sets each before they held and then broke to win the set 6 games to 4. In the second set they looked a lot more dominant than Menkir and Berihu. In their next match they will take on Zovic and Mareaux the 8th seeded duo in the tournament. Dovatin and Turnface happen to be ranked number 25 in the tournament.

Tomorrow all 4 singles and 2 doubles players take the court.

-Aiden Bohn
Kohnhead
Trigramme: KHD
Pop: 25 million
Football: 64th
Gridiron: 24th
Baseball: 15th
Basketball: 2nd
Volleyball: 2nd
Football:
Wonder Cup 2 - Champions
Di Bradini Cup 48 / U21WC 69 - 4th place

Tennis:
6 Ethanian Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Steinigestrasse Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Britonish Open - Winner (Doubles)

Gridiron:
NSCF 22 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)
NSCF 24 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)

Basketball:
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament - 2nd place

Baseball:
International Baseball Series 12 - 4th place

Volleyball:
Volleyball World Expo 11 - 3rd place
Volleyball World Expo 12 - 4th place

Aqual
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Aqual » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:52 pm

Aqual Impresses with First Round Victories
ISTRIA, Bnj.—It seems the whole of Aqual was tuned in to watch the six Aqualia battle it out on the clay courts of Istria today, and although certainly all were hopeful and optimistic, no one could have predicted the extent of Aqual's success in the first round. Four Aqualian matches were played in the first round of singles and doubles today, and all four resulted in victories for the newcomer Aqualian delegation. Recaps of each are below.

Singles First Round Results

Arthur Leloup (RCN)                  3   6   2
Matéu Virxiliu (AQL) 6 3 6

In our previous issue, we discussed how Matéu Virxiliu won the hearts of many in Aqual both during his deep run in the El Molino Open and during his qualifying match in Istria, the first match (and first victory) by an Aqualia internationally. Today, Virxiliu, possibly buoyed by that support, continued his dark horse run reminiscent of his last tournament with a victory over Reçueçn's Arthur Leloup in a thrilling three-set match, the only qualifier to advance. Virxiliu, who served first, raced out to a 3-0 lead after consolidating the early break, likely a benefit of having gotten familiar with the court due to his qualifying match the day before. From there, the first set finished on serve, 6 games to 3. In the second set, a resurgent Leloup came out with powerful winners from all sides of the court, dominating on service games. Virxiliu struggled on serve, double faulting twice in two separate games to give the Reçueçn player a double break late in the set, which finished 6-2. However, Virxiliu's now-trademark tendency to never give up pushed him on in the third set, where, although finding himself down an early break at 2-0, broke back in the next game and maintained pressure on Leloup's serve for the rest of the match, as well as finding form on his own service motion (Virxiliu didn't double fault after that first game and finished the set with 78% of first serves in). He will face TJUN-ia's Shinji Makauchi, the thirty-one seed, in the Round of 64.

Putra Dewangga (MWI)                 5   6   4
Bartolo Sabanero (AQL) 7 3 6

El Molino Open finalist Bartolo Sabanero faced a tough first match against Mengwi's highest ranked player entered in Istria, Putra Dewangga. In the opening set, Sabanero and Dewangga traded breaks early on, then settled to hold serve through the tenth game. Finally, Sabanero managed to break through again by cleverly mixing up shot speeds and combinations (he scored three successive winners to claim the game after 15-all: one flat, one topspin and one drop volley). He then coolly held serve to take the first 7-5. Dewangga was the first to break in the second set at 3-1, then again at 5-1. However, Sabanero and his superb shotmaking broke back then held for 3-5 before the Mengwi player served for and won the set at 6-3. The final set revealed shaky service games from both players, with the two trading breaks for six successive games before Sabanero held in the crucial seventh game, followed by a hold by Dewangga to tie it in the third at 4-4. With the pressure back on Sabanero's serve, he managed to pull out his first ace of the set at 30-all before a clean forehand winner to hold for 5-4. The Aqualia then blasted two consecutive returns straight back to the baseline for 0-30 before an unforced error by Dewangga into the net excited the crowd. On his first match point, Sabanero clinched the first round match with a curved slice shot which off-balanced his opponent from Mengwi for a forced error. He will face Jeff Rogers, the twelfth seed from the Grearish Union, tomorrow.

Rafael Bautista (AQL)                6   6
Ayu Diah Padmi (MWI) 2 3

The reigning champion of the El Molino Open displayed once again his strength on this surface with a much more straightforward victory of Mengwi's Ayu Diah Padmi relative to the tight matches won by his compatriots in Istria today. Rafael Bautista was not broken throughout the match, breaking serve twice in the first set and once in the second, with his classic topspin-heavy shots providing enough pace to keep Diah Padmi on the defensive most of the match. Bautista will likely taste a more difficult challenge tomorrow against the twenty-second seed (and number sixty-six in the world) Naim Alex of Sharktail.

Doubles First Round Results

Carla Tormo/Lara Navarro (AQL)                                    7   7
Amatasana Djuwanaki (B) / Éosebïo Tsafimakoua (D) (BNK) 5 6

Don't let the relative simplicity of a straight-sets scoreline fool you; this doubles match between Aqual's team of Carla Tormo and Lara Navarro and that of Bunkaiia's Amatasana Djuwanaki and Éosebïo Tsafimakoua was jam-packed with exciting rallies and a good ol' dramatic second set tiebreaker to boot. It started off relatively quiet, with each player holding their own serve for 2-2. Then, Lara Navarro was broken on her serve as partner Carla Tormo dumped a volley into the middle part of the net. However, solid return aces from both Tormo and Navarro in the doubles alley helped them break back for three games all, and solid serving by Tormo led them to a 4-3 edge. With Djuwanaki holding serve in the next game, the pressure was back on Navarro, who fumbled, giving the Bunkaiia team an opportunity to serve for the set at 5-4. However, impressive base-line defense from Navarro and aggressive volley winners from Tormo led them to stave off a set point and break back for 5-all. They then held serve (thanks is no small part to two aces by Tormo) and broke again to clinch the first set. The second set largely mirrored the first, with strong service games in the beginning followed by a trading of breaks towards the middle. Tormo held serve for 4-3, before the Aqualias broke for 5-3. Navarro was serving for the match at 40:30 when a backhand flew just a half centimeter wide. The Bunkaiia team ended up breaking that service game and holding their own for five-all. Both Tormo and Djuwanaki held easily, sending the set to a tiebreak. Navarro served first, with the return just long. Another one of Tormo's aggressive volleys paid off in the next point for the first minibreak. Tsafimakoua and Tormo both held their next points before an on-the-run forehand from Navarro at the baseline gave the Aqualian team their second minibreak for 5-1. A service winner from the opposite end improved the Bunkaiia scoreline to 5-2 before Navarro double faulted for 5-3. The longest rally of the match, at forty-three shots, followed, with a dramatic flourish of the wrist by Tormo proving once again her impeccable volleying skills and setting up three match points. On the first, a forced error from Navarro gave Djuwanaki and Tsafimakoua some hope, before the second gave Tormo a serve straight to her wheelhouse, powering it to the feet of the opposing team and off Djuwanaki's racquet into the net for a 7-5 7-6(4) win. In the post-match press conference, Navarro summed it up: "for a match just under two hours, there was a whole busload of intensity." They will face the seventh-seeded Sharktail team of Izzat Manson and George Fakhrul in two days' time.

Bartolo Sabanero/Qualo Tabos (AQL)                                4   6   6
Amina Eba/Keleb Brehan (BNJ) 6 2 4

Fresh off his close singles win, Bartolo Sabanero returned with partner Qualo Tabos for a doubles match against home favorites Amina Eba and Keleb Breshan from Banija. The home crowd of the Kisangara Tennis Club was very vocal early during the first set, but gradually ebbed and flowed as many fans moved towards the singles matches on the show courts, which may partly explain the strong start for Eba and Brehan before giving way to Sabanero and Tabos in the second set. However, the third set was fiercely contested, with the court seating slowly filling up as the rallies themselves heated up, finally culminating in a decisive break of serve in the seventh game for Sabanero and Tabos to go up 4-3, before Sabanero, possibly remembering his service game earlier in the day in singles at 4-4 in the third, pulled out an ace before going on to hold for 5-3. The Istrian crowd managed to rally their home team to hold serve for 5-4, but Sabanero's shotmaking and Tabos' incredible skills as a doubles specialist proved too much for the home team, with the Aqualias coming from behind to win 4-6, 6-2, 6-4. They face off against James Williams and Alexandra Helmand of Krytenia next.

This is truly an extremely exciting time for Aqual, and we here at the Toboso Chronicle are dedicated to making sure that the feats of our first international tennis delegation do not go unnoticed, with our journalists and our dedicated readers like you paying witness to that fact.
NSTT Accolades
Istria Open Doubles Runner-ups (Bartolo Sabanero and Qualo Tabos)
Hamilton International Singles Champion (Bartolo Sabanero)
Hamilton International Doubles Runner-ups (Bartolo Sabanero and Qualo Tabos)
Salvador Hills Open Singles Runner-up (Matéu Virxiliu)
AOpen Singles Champion (Bartolo Sabanero)
AOpen Doubles Runner-ups (Bartolo Sabanero and Qualo Tabos)

Waisnor
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Waisnor » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:54 pm

FNC NEWS:
The first matches of Istria Open were held, and in them players from Waisnor began their journey.

Singles
Maximillian Pronichev (WSN)          1   5
Putri Pasirpura Sekar Laut (ERM) 6 7

However, for Maximillian Pronichev, this path immediately ended, he lost the match with Putri Pasirpura Sekar Laut from Eraman. In the first set, it was clear that Maximillian was not ready to meet such an opponent, plus he was disturbed by the fact that from his innings the ball sometimes flew in out. As a result, the first set was lost with a score of 1-6. In the 2nd set, Maximillian began to play for real and in this set a real fight for victory began. However, Putri remained the best player on the court and won in the 2nd set with a score of 5-7.

Gracelyn Corinly (SKH)               2   2
Alexey Pustozerov (WSN) 6 6

Alexey Pustozerov became the first winning player of Waisnor. He defeated Gracelyn Corinly from South Kohnhead. In the first set, Alexei demonstrated his skills on the court and thanks to the accuracy of punches he won 2-6. In the second set, nothing really changed, but Pustozerov played a little calmer. But this did not stop him from defeating Gracelyn 2-6 again and getting into the next round.

Doubles
Catherine Brown/Muldli Telaaron (DCS)                             6   4   2
Evgeny Kondratenko / Oleg Vlasov (WSN) 1 6 6

Representatives of Waisnor in doubles, Evgeny Kondratenko and Oleg Vlasov, also won over Catherine Brown and Muldli Telaaron from Diarcesia. In the first set, however, Kondratenko and Vlasov were defeated by Brown and Telaaron with a score of 1-6. In the second set, a couple from Waisnor really showed their mutual understanding and beat a couple from Diarcesia with a score of 4-6. In the third set, Kondratenko and Vlasov finally squeezed the already tired opponents and won with a score of 2-6 and thus went to the next round.

NEXT OPPONENTS OF WAISNORIAN PLAYERS:
Alexey Pustozerov - Abelie Fontana (Recuecn)
Evgeny Kondratenko / Oleg Vlasov - Jaguar Zenteanite / Zeke Newham (Britonisea)
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31
83 = 27th/41
84 = 15th/27
85 = 20th/28
86 = 14th/32
87 = 14th/36
88 = 24th/32
89 = 16th/37
90 = 8th/35
91 = 9th/30
92 = 8th/29
93 = 4th/25
94 = 14th/28
95 = 15th/27
96 = 8th/34
97 = 6th/25
98 = 23rd/31
99 = 6th/38
100 = 12th/51
101 = 24th/32
102 = 10th/30
103 = 2nd/26
104 = 11th/26
105 = 6th/31
106 = 5th/25
107 = 21st/37
108 = 9th/32
109 = 11th/21
110 = 14th/27
111 = 5th/29
112 = 7th/25

51 = 10th/20
52 = 19th/24
53 = 11th in the semifinal/33

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014

Postby Pemecutan » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:55 pm

Friday, 12 June, 2020 (Sukra Wage Wuku Wayang, Pawukon 1779)

Success of First Round

Istria, Banija - Two Pemecutanian players were playing in the First Round of Istria Open Single and Double Competition. They are Kadek Adi Wiranatha in Single and Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani in Double. Wiranatha have to go through a tight 3-sets match against Tamara Takacs of Gergary before they advance to the next round. Wiranatha taking the first set quite easily by 6-3 victory. Takacs rise up in the second set and give a great performance to compete with Wiranatha. She able to forces Wiranatha into a tie break before eventually win it. 6-7 for Takacs. In the third set, Takacs seems to be out of focus. Her performance declined rapidly. The situation gives advantage to Wiranatha. He win the third set easily by 6-1 and advance to the next round.

In Double Competition, Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani faced neighboring pair, Nadia Hapsari/Mira Gandamayu from Mengwi. The Mengwian pair shocked Dewi/Maherani with a great performance in their first set. The duo able to tackled Pemecutanian pair's shots and even give a great putting and netting which quite difficult the pair. Hapsari/Gandamayu eventually takes the first set by 6-7. But the great performance of Mengwian pair are short live. They look quite difficult to takes Dewi/Maherani shots and often made unforced errors. Dewi/Maherani grab the second set by 6-3. The superiority of Pemecutanian pair were unbeatable in the third set. They didn't give Hapsari/Gandamayu to explore their playing style and they were kept under pressure. The tactics fruited after Dewi/Maherani win the third set easily by 6-0. And they took one ticket to the next round.

Today, Istria Open continue with the Second Round of Single Competition. All 4 Single players will be playing. The first seed, Ngurah Putra Muliawan will be playing against Kuroumbila Màdaru (M-S) from Bunkaiia. Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi will be facing host player, Deseret Weaverton. Kadek Adi Wiranatha will be playing against Elke Hartung from Neu Engollon. And lastly, 10th seed Luh Putu Yundari will also meet host player, Burama Fadika. While the Double Competition will resume on Saturday.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Sharktail
Diplomat

Postby Sharktail » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:12 am

Princess Karina trip to Istria ep 2.

Last part:Princess Alia come to Princess Karina room and tell two Princess From Eraman will represent their nation.Princess Karina feel more excited and cannot wait to be in Istra.

The flight safely landed in Istria City.The weather in Istria a bit hot.Princess Karina finally arrive in Istria.She cannot stop smiling all the way leaving the airport.She is so excited.Tagging with her in this trip,her brother,Prince Robert,her personal maid,Luna and two security wearing a normal clothe.They doesnt want to attract any attention all the time there are in Istria.

They firstly stop at the hotel.They check in.With the match not started yet,Prince Robert suggest to take the rest first.Princess Karina keep complaining because she want to go now.Prince Robert just ignore her.After a few minute,she finally sit down.Luna bring them some juice and desert.Princess Karina ask her brother,

PK:Hey,brother,did sis tell you anything?

PR:Sis?Did you mean Alia?

PK:Yes i mean sis Alia.Did she tell you anything?

PR:Is it about Eraman Princess?

PK:Yeah,sis said she will ask you to bring me to them.You know,mom and dad also said i cannot do anything unless you decide it.So can i meet them?

PR:Do you know what today is?

PK:Tuesday.

PR:No,i mean today is Istria open first round.

PK:So what the relation to what we talk now.

PR:You are really slow to catch up.Now i know why you not allowed to do something.Today first round so they are playing today,understand.So now they are practicing.So just let them focus on their game today.Understand.

PK:Hmmm...ok.ok.I understand but dont need to say it loud.

PR:For now just take a rest.When the time for game to start near,we will go to Stadium.

Prince Rober stand and walk to the room.He close the door.Karina still sitting in the living toom while finished her juice.

1 hour before Istria open start.

PR:Hey Karina wake up.It nearly time for us to go.

PK:Oh ok,i will be teady now.After done changing her clothe,they go out taking a taxi to the stadium.After done with all sechrity.they go sat on their seat.Princess Karina no more behave like a royal after she start screaming from the start until the end.Prince Robert and Luna just remain sileny watching Karina.They just behave themselves.As long their identity doesnt knowed by other people,it okay for them.After match done,Prince Robert quickly grab Princess Karina and leaving the arena.Princess Karina juat follow.In the car,Princess Karina ask her brother about the match.Prince Robert just said it fantastic although what he do the entire time at that stadium is just listening to his sister screaming.It was so embarassed for him but not for Princess Karina,she is happy.

Princess Karina on her phone.She type the message to Putri Pasirpura Mekar Laut
"Hello Putri Mekar Laut,sorry if i distrub you now.I get you number from my brother.I really hope to meet you today but i know you busy preparing for you match.Maybe next yime we can meet.It sad to hear you lose both match in single and double.But you did great.I also want to congratulate Putri Sekar Laut ho to next round.I have see the update.Seem like she will facing Sharktail Player next.I hope she can do her best.I want to cheer for you all but i also want to cheer for my country player.So,good luck for her.Ok let meet next time."

Karina off her phone,she watch outside the window and smile.It was so much fun.She close her eyes and fall asleep.

Eraman
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraman » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:39 am

CHAPTER 3
FIRST ROUND

4 singles and 2 doubles represented Eraman in the Istria Open. After the first round, only 2 singles left in the competition. Even the national tennis queen, Putri Pasirpura Mekar Laut crashed out in the first round.

However, her twin sister managed to book a spot in the second round. The victory of Putri Pasirpura Sekar Laut meant that Eraman and Sharktail would have another face-off in the Istria Open, this time between 2 of the best tennis players from both countries.

Syamim Kevin, world number 22, 4th seed in Istria Open will be her opponent in the next round. He is the number one tennis player in Sharktail, a household name in the south of Eraman.

Meanwhile, Putri Pasirpura Sekar Laut is considered the second-best tennis player in Eraman after her twin sister. Her last competitive international tournament was in the Olympics in which she crashed out in the Round of 128. It doesn't look promising for the young princess in Istria.

Putri Pasirpura Mekar Laut received a surprise text message the night before the showdown between Sekar Laut and Syamim Kevin. It was a text from Princess Karina Ikram, the young princess from Sharktail.

The twin sisters have known Prince Robert Ikram, the elder brother of Princess Karina for a long time. They were both of the same age and have met a lot in royal functions. Princess Karina, however, is much younger and an introvert. Neither Sekar nor Mekar is closed to her.

Mekar Laut, being nice, replied the text message with an invitation to watch the match-up between her sister and Syamim at front row seat.
Trigramme: ERM | Demonym: Eramanian | Population: 14,753,910
Info: Wiki | Sports: Liga Eraman

Daulapura Daily
- based in Daulapura, the royal capital
- government-owned and ruling party propaganda
- support Royal Daulapura FC
Eraman Journal
- based in Anara, the capital city
- by the peasants, for the peasants (actually by the millionaires, for the masses)
- support Anara FC

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:37 am

Banijan doubles players fall early as three single's players make it to the Round of 64

Hailima Fatty, a Banijan tennis player, practicing the day before her First Round Single's Match

ISTRIA, MORAVICA- The Round of 64! Now we reach the day of the Istria Open that is dedicated solely for the singles. Of course, the single's tournament is naturally twice as big, so it makes sense that there is an extra day of competition for the single's players here in Banija's largest city. Banija's players have taken center stage in Banija's largest city, trying to see, upon their entry, if they can make a deep run as fan favorites in their own country.

On the doubles side, home court advantage simply did not exist for the Banijans. In a worrying sign moving forward into future tournaments, both doubles pairs from our own country simply did not have what it takes to make it out of the first round. The pair of Aron Menkir and Kassa Berihu faced two excellent players from Kohnhead, and unfortunately, Menkir and Berihu were dominated off of the clay courts of Kisangara. The players from Kohnhead were simply better in most respects. Menkir and Berihu have a chance to improve going into the future, obviously, but not a good start. Amina Eba and Keleb Brehan played a better game than Banija's other double's pair, even winning their first set. They had a chance to put away their opponents, but could not, as they were simply outclassed in the second and third sets.

The doubles side of the tournament was quick and rough. But the single's side? Much, much better. Three of Banija's four entries made it into the second round, or the Round of 64. It's a tough tournament to win and advance in, but a run for even one of Banija's single's players would do wonders. The first winner from the Banijan delegation was the delegation's final entry, Deseret Weaverton. An underdog in general, Weaverton certainly wasn't expected to do much at this tournament. And yet, he was able to show up and excel. A tough, well fought match between Crawley and Weaverton. But in the do or die third set, Weaverton was able to start the third set in control, going up 3-0, putting his opponent in too deep of a hole to climb out of.

After that, Bala Guiss got beaten in straight sets. But then it would be another Banijan national, Burama Fadika, taking charge of his own match. Facing Martin James Alberola, he was able to win in straight sets. While it wasn't exactly a dominant performance, it was a quality performance, seemingly controlling the match and outmaneuvering his opponent at every turn. And that leaves us to Banija's last player, Halima Fatty. Going against Minne Agnihotri, the first set was an intense back and forth. Fortunately for Halima Fatty, she was barely able to claw out that last point, which seemingly drained her opponent. Fatty's opponent was disheartened by the match, and Fatty dominated the second set, winning 6-1.

That leaves three players left for the Banijans. We'll have to see if any of them are good enough to beat a player who had a bye in the 1st round, and advance tot he Round of 32.
Last edited by Banija on Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:42 am

This is how... you remind me... of who I really am.

It's not like you! So sorry! I was waiting on a different cutoff!

Singles Round of 64
Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU)          6   6
Kuroumbila Màdaru (M-S) (BNK) 1 4

Daniel Cervantes (AQL) 7 6
Austin McDanielson (TJU) 5 3

Karina Gerard (NEG) 4 7 6
Tomas de Torquemada (BCA) 6 6 3

Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) 6 6
Stefan Zimmerman (MTJ) 1 2

Juan Subdula (NWK) 4 7 6
Rangga Septiandi Putra (MWI) 6 5 2

Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 3 3
Deseret Weaverton (BNJ) 6 6

haikal jansen (SHT) 3 6 5
Rajesh Rao (FAM) 6 3 7

Chad Cilsertin (KHD) 4 6 3
AAUGCC (EAS) 6 3 6

Syamim kevin (SHT) 6 7
Putri Pasirpura Sekar Laut (ERM) 3 5

Luke Subdonez (NWK) 6 6
Marcus Hathwar (ETM) 4 3

Dietrich Cassarro (NEG) 7 6
Judith Alexander (AIG) 5 3

Leone Na (BRI) 2 6 6
Guriman Hàmošgaki (B) (BNK) 6 4 1

Ralph Newkarn (BRI) 1 6 6
John Roberts (FAM) 6 2 0

Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) 3 3
Philippe Baloui (TJU) 6 6

Jeff Rogers (GRU) 7 6
Bartolo Sabanero (AQL) 6 1

Lucien Le Floch (RCN) 6 4 2
Batera Siwara (ERM) 0 6 6

Lance Mance (BRI) 5 5
Novita Nurdiansyah (FID) 7 7

Shinji Makauchi (TJU) 7 6
Matéu Virxiliu (AQL) 5 2

Theresa Waterford (KHD) 6 3 6
Matthew Lodian (SAP) 2 6 3

Elke Hartung (NEG) 6 2 6
Kadek Adi Wiranatha (PCU) 2 6 3

Abelie Fontana (RCN) 3 6 6
Alexey Pustozerov (WSN) 6 3 1

Maddison Scott (ETM) 6 6
Julia Devoningstan (NWK) 4 1

Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 6 6
Burama Fadika (BNJ) 3 4

Ajla Vesnic (MTJ) 6 6
Jack Ho (ETM) 1 3

Gaëlle Sellier (RCN) 6 6
Nitoñi Kàrgeïathil (M-S) (BNK) 1 0

Marco Vrient (NEG) 6 6 6
Bartholomew Pole (KHD) 3 7 4

Maria Julenic (MTJ) 4 6 4
Halima Fatty (BNJ) 6 4 6

Livinia Moore (ETM) 6 6 6
Krisna Wibawa Tantan (FID) 2 7 4

SARA (EAS) 6 7
Pablo Cedric Kilapkilap (FID) 4 5

Niken Subdula (NWK) 6 6
Ross Algersuari (KRY) 2 2

Sami Dominikanov (MTJ) 6 6
Roberto Perez Balboa (BCA) 0 2

naim alex (SHT) 6 6
Rafael Bautista (AQL) 3 1

Updated Singles Bracket
Last edited by Banija on Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

DEUCE: No Collapse Is Always A Win

Postby TJUN-ia » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:20 am

At this point in the last tournament, TJUN-ian tennis collapsed. All 4 players were defeated and only one 1 doubles pairing survived. With 1 singles and 1 doubles already down, the aim was just to avoid the mistakes of the past. With the amount of players in this tournament, some played their first game today and the best of the best finally made their mark on the Istria Open in Banija.

Austin McDanielson was certainly looking to move on from the mistakes of the past as he took on Daniel Cervantes, an experienced (at some point) player from Aqual. The first set was an interesting affair: Cervantes was rusty to begin with as the recently-experienced Cowboy pushed hard. Once Cervantes got going, however, he was impossible to stop and he won in straight sets. Not the best start to the "rehabilitation" of The Cowboy, but improvements can be made (but let's hope they come sooner rather than later).
Daniel Cervantes (AQL) vs Austin McDanielson (7-5, 6-3)

Next up was a match-up that was built up as an interesting game: L'artiste of Philippe Baloui gets an opportunity to shine against Elizabeth Quehall of Britonisea. And shine he did. To the surprise of many in TJUN-ia, Baloui not only took the game to Quehall but outright won it convincingly. 6-3, 6-3. L'artiste has some fire in those delicate strokes, which Quehall found difficult to predict and to counter. He moves on to take on another player from Britonisea, this time Ralph Newkarn.
Philippe Baloui bt Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) (6-3, 6-3)

And lastly, in this singles-only Day 3, was part 2 of TJUN-ia vs Aqual, as Shinji Makauchi return to singles play to take on qualifier Matéu Virxiliu. Virxiliu has done well to make it into the 2nd round after making it through qualifying, but Samurai Shinji made sure that he would take part no longer. A competitive first set was followed up by a dominant performance by Shinji in the second, which means he will play in 2 matches tomorrow. His singles match will be up against Novita Nurdiansyah of Filindostan.
Shinji Makauchi bt [Q] Matéu Virxiliu (AQL) (7-5, 6-2)

TOMORROW'S MATCHES (Coverage Starts at 1:00 pm TST)
Singles Round of 32
Ralph Newkarn (BRI) vs Philippe Baloui (TJU)
Novita Nurdiansyah (FID) vs Shinji Makauchi (TJU)

Doubles Round of 32
Adelinde Günther/Lucas Magnier (RCN) vs Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU)
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Kohnhead
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kohnhead » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:42 am

Kohnhead singles players took to the courts today for the round of 64, Kohnhead would go 2-2 with the two best winning and the two worse losing, although the losses were both in three sets.

Rodrick Uppatin (KHD)                6   6
Stefan Zimmerman (MTJ) 1 2

Uppatin playing in his second ever tournament and second tier two easily defeated Stefan Zimmerman in two sets. He only allowed Zimmerman to win three games as Uppatin tries to do even better here at Istria than he did at the last tier two which will be hard to beat. He has already moved up to become the third highest ranked Kohnhead singles player and could move into second depending on how Waterford does. In his next match he will play the 16 seed Katrina Gerard who took three sets to defeat Tomas de Torquemada the 80th seed. While Uppatin is one seed lower than her, I'm confident he can capture a victory against Katrina.

Chad Cilsertin (KHD)                 4   6   3
AAUGCC (EAS) 6 3 6

Cilsertin came into this the favorite but he lost the first set 6-3 against AAUGCC. While he won the second set pretty handily it was clear he was struggling in the third with fatigue and looked considerably slower. We won't see him again until Hamilton and after going 0-1 here, and losing to the 41st seed as the 24 seed I'm not too confident he can go far at Hamilton. We know he's considering retirement and hasn't indicated whether he will be taking part in the grass or indoor hard season.

Theresa Waterford (KHD)              6   3   6
Matthew Lodian (SAP) 2 6 3

Waterford came into this match the heavy favorite to win being the 15 seed going up against the 50th (and yes I know I'm emphasizing seeding for this tournament) but she was expected to dominate. She looked very good in the first set but a mistake heavy second set doomed her. Fortunately she rallied from a 3-1 deficit to win the next five sets and take the match winning the final set 6-3. It wasn't her best performance but it got the job done. Her next match will be a tough one going up against Elke Hartung the 18 seed. Waterford will have to play a lot better if she wants to get the job done.

Marco Vrient (NEG)                   6   6   6
Bartholomew Pole (KHD) 3 7 4

The struggles for Bartholomew Pole continue. He lost in this game to the 30th seeded Marco Vrient and was the 35th seed so technically an underdog. Give how good he is on clay I was sort of expecting a win but he did not deliver on that. While he took one set winning the second set on a tiebreaker, he clearly struggled throughout and the better player won. I like Pole but his confidence is sorely lacking, he has the skills needed to play well I'm just hoping he can pick up his game.

There you have it, there was no doubles matches today but tomorrow there will be both doubles and singles so I will also have four matches to cover although I prefer six. As for my puppet in South Kohnhead, yeah it has not gone well.

-Aiden Bohn
Last edited by Kohnhead on Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kohnhead
Trigramme: KHD
Pop: 25 million
Football: 64th
Gridiron: 24th
Baseball: 15th
Basketball: 2nd
Volleyball: 2nd
Football:
Wonder Cup 2 - Champions
Di Bradini Cup 48 / U21WC 69 - 4th place

Tennis:
6 Ethanian Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Steinigestrasse Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Britonish Open - Winner (Doubles)

Gridiron:
NSCF 22 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)
NSCF 24 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)

Basketball:
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament - 2nd place

Baseball:
International Baseball Series 12 - 4th place

Volleyball:
Volleyball World Expo 11 - 3rd place
Volleyball World Expo 12 - 4th place

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:57 pm

Once again, it is the women who are leading the charge for Reçuecian tennis at this NSTT event—or more aptly, it is the women who are the last ones standing. This will come as no surprise to those who have followed Reçuecian tennis and by now are aware that Fontana and Sellier are the two Reçuecian tennis stars that shine the brightest. And yet, the two of them are so different.

Sellier is older, and will probably be reaching the end of her career in a year or two. She represents the traditional Reçuecian tennis player: Francophone, conservative in style both on and off the court, and happy to smile once for the paparazzi, answer a couple questions, and say nothing too controversial. Fontana, however, comes from the minority Italian-speaking community in southern Reçueçn, is incredibly young, and has the passion and fervor to match her age. A much more vibrant character, her energy (but also her lack of experience) is visible on the court where she plays a fast-paced game. When she doesn't have a racket in her hands, she doesn't take things much slower: reporters can always count on her for a hot take.

Hopefully, both tempered experience and youthful zeal will prove useful assets as Fontana and Sellier continue their quest here in Istria.
rəswɛsən

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014

Postby Pemecutan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:38 pm

Saturday, 13 June, 2020 (Saniscara Kliwon Wuku Wayang, Pawukon 1779)

Two Singles to the Third

Istria, Banija - Istria Open Single Competition were continued yesterday with the Second Round match. Pemecutan came in full forces with all of their 4 players playing in the second round Single Competition. Unfortunately, the match ended with 2 players goes home early. Kadek Adi Wiranatha have to admit Elke Hartung superiority after being defeated in a tight 3-sets match by 2-6, 6-2, 3-6. While Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi also have to go home early after being defeated quite easily by host player Deseret Weaverton by 3-6, 3-6.

1st seed, Ngurah Putra Muliawan went ahead to the Third Round after defeating Bunkaiia player, Kuroumbila Màdaru (M-S). The first set went rather fast as Muliawan doesn't give chance for Màdaru to developed his play. Màdaru seems to be a little depressed. The first set ended with 6-1 for Muliawan. In the second set, Madaru try to break from Muliawan's playing style. He try hard to be able to tackled Muliawan's precise shoots. Although most of his attempted failed but several went success. Màdaru able to grab 3 games but unfortunately have to loss again from Muliawan. The Pemecutanian single and top seed in the tournament went to the Third Round after 6-3 win in the second set.

The second match are between 10th seed, Luh Putu Yundari and another host player, Burama Fadika. Although Yundari is more favor to win this match but Fadika successfully give a great performance to difficult the female Pemecutanian player. Yundari still in upper hand after Fadika could only grab 3 games. 6-3 for Yundari. Fadika doesn't back down in the second set and continue to give a better performance. Yundari also a little struggling to control her performance in the second set with the better of Fadika. But in the end, Yundari still manage to pull through and win the second set by 6-4. She save one spot in the Third Round.

The next match day will be held for both Single and Double Competition. And for Pemecutan, their 2 pair are still intact. 1st seed, Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati will be playing against Javier Carrasco/Tomas de Torquemada from Big Carencia. While Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani will meet Martha McNeil/Anthony Kawasaki a dual nation pair from The Grearish Union and Electrum. Continuing the Third Round, 1st seed Ngurah Putra Muliawan will be facing Aqualian player, Daniel Cervantes. And 10th seed, Luh Putu Yundari will be playing against Ajla Vesnic from Mattijana.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

The Andromeda Island Group
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Island Group » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:49 pm

The Sports Hour
Andromeda News Network
Andromeda City
10:55 pm

It is near the end of the show. After a commercial break, Dave Bishop, a former #1 ranked player in the Allied States Tennis Association, sits alone at the anchor desk. He’s about to editorialize about the recent Andromeda results in Istria.

“In recent days, we’ve had a few of our best Andromedan tennis players showcased in the preliminaries and the Opening Round at the Istria Open in Banija. Those of us who are diehard tennis fans in the Allied States saw Liz Lee battle her way into the Preliminaries. We also saw more than a few losses in the Preliminary Round.

“But we also saw a few bright spots. While Johnny Galt lost, we have to keep in mind that he did win the second set and lost by only a break in the third against more experienced competition. As many of us who were young tennis players know, losses can also be learning experiences.

“We also saw Fats Sullivan and Brianna Van Pelt, 17 and 16 respectively, hold their own, reaching a decisive set in their first overseas outing. Dare I say, Sullivan and Van Pelt showed more class in defeat than many tennis duos show in victory.

“We also saw an unexpected win in the prelims. Judy Alexander outlasted Mekar Laut to make the Opening Round before succumbing to Dietrich Cassaro in a valiant effort. We also saw Janelle Hood and Sarah Lee Vale make the round of 32 in doubles, winning the last three games of their match when push came to shove.”

“This is the first outing for these, or any Andromedan tennis players in years. It shouldn’t surprise us that they didn’t all win. What surprised me was the dismissive attitude that many of our nation's so-called tennis experts have expressed, including a former employee of this network.

“Bryce Lord had previously been an analyst on Andromeda Conservative Media before they folded. He didn’t have much good to say about our players the last time he was here. Bryce Lord no longer works for this network.”

“We at ANN applaud the efforts of our countrymen and women overseas. I for one will be watching Janelle Hood and Sarah Lee Vale in their match on the Andromeda Sports Connection against 3-seeded Leloup and Weisgerber. It may be a little early for most Andromedans, but I’m sure many of you can keep up on your way to work or to school. One thing I won’t be worrying about is what either doubles team does in their free time. Instead, I will hope that Hood and Vale will be able to move on in Istria.

“This is Dave Bishop with the Andromeda News Network. Good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow.”
Last edited by The Andromeda Island Group on Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aqual
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Aqual » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:10 pm

A Tough Day for Aqualian Tennis as Cervantes Lone Progressor
ISTRIA, Bnj.—What had seemed to be the beginnings of a fairy tale story for the nation's first international tennis tournament was cut short today, as three of the four singles matches resulted in defeats for the respective Aqualia national. Daniel Cervantes, runner-up from the hard court La Rana Open earlier in the year and second in the national rankings, was the lone player progressing to the Round of 32. Detailed results below.

Daniel Cervantes (AQL)               7   6
Austin McDanielson (TJU) 5 3

Taking the Aqualian performance as a whole tonight, Daniel Cervantes is probably counting his blessings right now, having no doubt benefited from his thirty-second ranking (the last seeded spot), which allowed him an extra day to recover from the journey to Banija as well as giving him an extra day of practice on clay. Although many sports analysts have noted that his game is much better suited for hard and grass courts, his pure talent and experience as a seasoned tennis player prove that he is more than capable of winning matches on all surfaces, as seen today in his match against TJUN-ia's Austin McDanielson, nicknamed "The Cowboy." Although slow to start, only breaking on his third break point in the eleventh game of the first set (which he won by a close 7-5 margin), once he warmed up and gained momentum Cervantes never looked back, breaking twice and never being broken himself in the second set, which he won decisively by six games to three. Hopefully having a win under his belt on clay in an international tournament will bode well for his potential later on in Istria and beyond. His next match is tomorrow against the top seed, Ngurah Putra Muliawan from Pemecutan.

Jeff Rogers (GRU)                    7   6
Bartolo Sabanero (AQL) 6 1

Despite his strong showing in the El Molino Open last month, Bartolo Sabanero failed to repeat that success on the international stage today, falling 7-6(8), 6-1 to Jeff Rogers of the Grearish Union. The opening set was a real nail-biter, with a total of eight breaks on either side. Although Sabanero had an opportunity on Rogers' serve to break once again for the set at 4-5 30-40, Rogers fended off the set point with an ace out wide before holding his service game for the first time in the match. After both players held (each for only the second time), an even more dramatic tiebreaker ensued. Rogers pulled out his second ace of the match down the T on the very first point of the tiebreak, followed by a double fault and a wild forehand that drifted well wide of the sideline from Sabanero, giving Rogers a double mini-break and a 3-0 lead, which he expanded to 4-0 on the next point with a clear backhand volley winner. However, Sabanero fired back with a crosscourt return ace from a piercing angle. He held both of his own service points and the first of Rogers' to even out at 4-4. Rogers then forced an error from Sabanero's weaker backhand side to go up 5-4. The Aqualia then returned the favor on his serve for 5-5 and got a lucky break from the ball clipping the net cord for 6-5. Once again, Rogers was serving to stay in the first set, and although this time Sabanero managed to get his racquet on the ball, the return drifted just long. The Grearish Union native then won the next point with a forceful forehand down the line for 7-6. Sabanero managed to keep from losing the set himself with a bold drop shot following a fourteen-stroke rally. However, he then made an unforced error off the forehand wing to go down 7-8. Sabanero again managed to fend off set point, this time with an aggressive approach shot and easy put-away volley. However, another service winner from Rogers put the pressure again on Sabanero, serving at 8-9. The first motion resulted in a let, with the serve bouncing off the net and into the service box. The next one was pushed too far wide for a fault. His second serve was sliced inside so much that Rogers failed to get his racquet on it—a rare second serve ace. Or was it? Rogers challenged the call, and the chair umpire, coming down to examine the imprint on the clay surface, ruled that it was in fact just a few millimeters shy of the line, just enough for Rogers to clinch the first set in a dramatic 10-8 tiebreaker. Sabanero, clearly distraught from letting the set slip away from him, lost his first service game of the second set to love, and only managed one point better on his second. However, he felt one last-ditch wave of energy serving at 0-4 down, winning after the second deuce. His game collapsed soon afterwards, however, and he finished the second set with just twelve points and only three winners. We are no less proud of his efforts and have faith that he has learned from this painful loss to keep fighting no matter the odds.

Shinji Makauchi (TJU)                7   6
Matéu Virxiliu (AQL) 5 2

The last qualifier standing in Istria has exited the tournament in similar fashion, with Matéu Virxiliu, likely dealing with some fatigue after three straight days of international tennis, with the last match going down to the wire in three tight sets. Of course, credit is also due to TJUN-ia's Shinji Makauchi, who played spectacularly, especially in the second set, which he won 6-2. Hopefully this will also serve as a learning experience for Virxiliu, who was dubbed in many online circles as Aqual's darling for his notoriety as a long-shot upset. Although he did not make as deep a run as all of us had hoped, we hope this encourages growth in his stamina going forward in the rigors of the international tour.

naim alex (SHT)                      6   6
Rafael Bautista (AQL) 3 1

It should certainly serve as testament to the quality of the competition in Istria and throughout the international tennis scene that even Rafael Bautista, the number one player in Aqual and winner of both of the national tournaments held so far this year, known as a clay specialist, succumbed in straight sets to naim alex, the twenty-second seed. Although Bautista played valiantly early on, hanging with his opponent from Sharktail at 3-3 in the first set, he quickly faded to alex's superior game. We are confident, however, that this will only strengthen the national number one for future tournaments, both domestic and abroad.

Although these stories are certainly disappointing to us at the Toboso Chronicle and our readers throughout the country, it is important to remember that for every cloud there is a silver lining. All of the players that lost today have still gained very important experienced in the international tour, to say nothing of rankings points. Additionally, although they will not play any more tournament matches in Istria, they will actually have more time to prepare both mentally and physically for the next tourney in Reçueçn in a week's time. A loss may not be the most desirable result, but often the most valuable lessons come not from being perfect, but rather from making mistakes which can be corrected in the future.

Furthermore, although only one singles player will go on to play again tomorrow, both of our doubles teams will as well. Carla Tormo and Lara Navarro, who had the day off today to rest from their thrilling match yesterday, as well as to practice in preparation for tomorrow's Round of 32 match, will face off against the seventh-seeded Sharktail team of Izzat Manson and George Fakhrul, and Bartolo Sabanero (who can now focus full-time on doubles, another silver lining) and Qualo Tabos will tomorrow play against Thierry Garzala and Marco Vrient of Neu Engollon. We hope you will join us for another day of live updates from the Istrian Open!
Last edited by Aqual on Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSTT Accolades
Istria Open Doubles Runner-ups (Bartolo Sabanero and Qualo Tabos)
Hamilton International Singles Champion (Bartolo Sabanero)
Hamilton International Doubles Runner-ups (Bartolo Sabanero and Qualo Tabos)
Salvador Hills Open Singles Runner-up (Matéu Virxiliu)
AOpen Singles Champion (Bartolo Sabanero)
AOpen Doubles Runner-ups (Bartolo Sabanero and Qualo Tabos)

Mengwi
Political Columnist

Founded: May 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mengwi » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:34 pm

MENGWI NEWS CENTRAL

Saturday, 13 June 2020 (Saniscara Kliwon Wuku Wayang, Pawukon 1779)

All Eyes to Double Now

Istria, Banija -- The last match day of Istria Open have completed. The one and only Mengwian player that still compete in the Single Competition have to go home earlier. Rangga Septiandi Putra was defeated by Juan Subdula from Northwest Kalactin. The match went tightly. Septiandi Putra shockingly win the first set even though with a hard works. He try to do the same during the second set but after their position reach 5-5 deuce, Septiandi Putra seems to lost focus. He eventually lost 5-7 to Subdula. Septiandi Putra shoots become more uncontrollable in the third set. The situation gives advantage to Subdula to grab more games. Subdula finally take one ticket to the Third Round after taking the third set by 2-6.

With Septiandi Putra losing his match, Mengwian won't have any representative left in Single Competition. The next match day which will be a combine of both Single and Double Competition will only see Mengwian pair to play. They are none other than the twin sister pair, Dwiyana/Dwiyani Lutanto. The young pair successfully advance to the Second Round after defeating Filindostan pair, Pablo Cedric Kilapkilap/Tasya Han. But a hard match is ahead of them. In the Second Round they have to face 5th seed double from Gergary, Alexandra Barna/Ralph Henschel.

"We are not set any prediction or expectation in the next match. We just try to let loose and play as relax as we can. We are the underdog after all," says Dwiyana in a brief interview during her practice.

Reaching second round have been a nice performance for a newcomer players. Mengwian players have been very fortunate because they didn't need to face qualifying round.

Sharktail
Diplomat

Postby Sharktail » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:36 am

Princess Karina Trip to Istria ep 3

The sun has rise. Today was the second day Princess Karina, a young princess from Sharktail Royal family who still lack in manner and formalities stayed at Istria City.

Princess Karina already done and ready to go to the stadium. Prince Robert comes out and gets her. Before they go, he reminds Karina to watch his manner. Princess Karina understand. Yesterday she already getting scolded a but by her mom, after she knows about how Princess Karina in the stadium. She gives a warning if she do it again, she will have to fly back to Sharktail.

They arrived at the tennis arena in Istra. Lot of fans already be here. Today was the second round of Istra Open. Suddenly someone greets Prince Robert. Prince Robert look to the voice and see Putri Pasirpura Mekar Laut was there. He greets her back. Princess Karina just watching from behind her brother. Prince Robert introduces her to Princess Karina. Princess Karina greets Putri Mekar Laut. They together find their sit and sit together. While watching the match, Prince Robert and Putri Mekar Laut chat. Sometimes he brings up Princess Karina into their conservation. Princess Karina just shy out there. This is the first time she meets with other royalties. The match between Putri Mekar Laut twin, Putri Sekar Laut and Syamim Kevin started. Three of them seem not cheering to much and just clap their hand when both players get the point. After the match is done, Putri Mekar Laut asks for leaves. They say goodbye. Before leaving Princess Karina ask if they can meet again next time. Putri Mekar Laut invites her to come to watch her play anytime she wants. Prince Robert and Princess Karina leave the stadium and back to the hotel. Princess Karina watches outside the windows. Today was really a happy moment for her.

Round 64

Haikal Jansen lose to Rajesh Rao(FAM)
(3-6,6-3,5-7)

Syamim Kevin win over Putri Pasirpura Sekar Laut
(6-3,7-5)

Naim Alex win over Rafael Bautista(AQL)
(6-3,6-1)

Eraman
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraman » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:35 am

CHAPTER 4
THE LAST MAN STANDING

The showdown between Putri Pasirpura Sekar Laut and Syamim Kevin was an anti-climax. It was an easy straight-set win, 6-3, 7-5 for the number 1 Sharktailian tennis player. The young princess from Eraman looked out-of-depth facing the more experienced Syamim Kevin.

Prince Robert, Princess Karina and Putri Mekar Laut were seen sitting side by side at the match to show support to their respective athletes. The attendance of the prince and princesses from Sharktail and Eraman led to rumours that they were dating. The rumour is definitely unfounded. While Prince Robert and the twin princess have known each other for a long time, they have never developed a romantic relationship.

It was not the end of the road for Eraman in the Istria Open though. The last man standing for Eraman, Batera Siwara caused an upset by defeating 21st seed, Lucien Le Floch from Recuecn.

Batera Siwara started the match poorly, losing the first set 6-0. But as the match went on, Betara Siwara grew more into the game and started to adapt to the clay-court more, uncharted territory for Eraman tennis players who are more used to playing on grass.

Batera Siwara went on to win the next two sets, 6-4, 6-2 to book a place in the Round of 32. Waiting for him in the next round is 12th seed, Jeff Rogers from The Grearish Union. The number 1 Grearish Union tennis player will be the clear favourite to win the tie.
Last edited by Eraman on Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trigramme: ERM | Demonym: Eramanian | Population: 14,753,910
Info: Wiki | Sports: Liga Eraman

Daulapura Daily
- based in Daulapura, the royal capital
- government-owned and ruling party propaganda
- support Royal Daulapura FC
Eraman Journal
- based in Anara, the capital city
- by the peasants, for the peasants (actually by the millionaires, for the masses)
- support Anara FC

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:52 am

The Turnip: Four potential sapients that AAUGCC can infect next
by Primmy Primmy Primrose

While AAUGCC and SARA are a pair of viruses, they have been successful on the NationStates Tennis Tour due to their choice of currently being in a gorilla and a catgirl host respectively. SARA's choice of selecting a catgirl seems to be a masterstroke, with the virus making its way to 25th place on the NSTT singles rankings, owing to its stellar performances at Centralis and Steinigestrasse. Catgirls are known for being supple, flexible and fever-resistant, meaning that their host is less lethargic and has better stamina for playing tennis. Meanwhile, AAUGCC's choice of choosing a gorilla (amongst other sapients) as a host is not paying off, as evidenced by its recent first round departure from Istria - the gorilla is has slow and inflexible movement while its short opposable thumbs make it hard to grip on the racquet. We, at the Turnip, find this host to be wholly unacceptable, so we've provided a list of four potential sapients that AAUGCC can infect next in time for the Recuecn Championships.

1. A pony from one of those pony countries
This would be a great idea! Instead of having the ugly name of AAUGCC, wouldn't it be better if it could inherit the names of its host pony which would likely be named "Sunshine Sprinkles" or "Sparkle Turnip Kisser"? Those ponies are something, having had all manner of adaptation to play sports across the multiverse. Ponies have great jaw strength, suitable for holding a racquet, while its occasional rainbow vomit, whether induced by the virus or accidental, will have the capability to distract opponents so much that they'll miss the ball, giving desperately needed free points to the virus/pony combo.

2. A monk from the Dreamed Realm
They always say you can't get injured at the Dreamed Realm to dissuade people from injuring the monks of the Dreamed Realm, but is it really true? Maybe our minds are close-minded because no one's actually tried infecting one of their monks with a virus. And, if it really is impossible, then it should be easy enough to convince one of them to go to Ordinary Reality where their protections are no longer relevant. In any case, those monks are super powerful, they are quick and light on the feet, even if they are a little bit old. More importantly, the virus would have a monk costume to go around the multiverse, which would be unquestionably the best disguise possible.

3. A dogboy
If catgirls exist, what about dogboys? There are probably some dogboys just waiting to be discovered somewhere within our wacky universe, and those dogboys would probably be good at having its eyes on the ball, and good at fetching balls too. After all, one of the most important parts of tennis to have the instinct to be able to track the ball wherever it goes. If you are accurate in your anticipation, then you have those crucial tenth to half a second to ready your swing to play that unplayable ball. Although, we have to question if catgirls and dogboys exist, what about catboys and doggirls? And what about other funky animal-human hybrids like a cheetahcheater?

4. A cocoabo
Simple really, the endangered cocoabo would be so cute that no one would ever dare smash a ball at it. Turori have used this bird to its full advantage when playing in the World Cup, and if AAUGCC can infect a cocoabo, it would go a long way in doing much better in the NSTT. Cocoabos are large, brown, probably flightless birds that have a great reputation of playing sports across a multiverse, so even a virus-infected-cocoabo wouldn't raise too many eyebrows. It always means that AAUGCC can secure the crowd advantage, because they will automatically boo any player that tries to endanger the bird with a body serve.

So what did you think about this article? Should AAUGCC follow our suggestions? Like comment and subscribe to this article for more.
Last edited by Electrum on Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:25 am

I tried so very hard not to lose it! I came up with a million excuses!

I thought I thought of every single possibility....

I know that some day that it'll all work out! You'll make me work so we can work to work it out!

And I promise you kid! That I'll give so much more than I'll get... I just haven't... cutoff yet!

Singles Round of 32

Ngurah Putra Muliawan (PCU)     6   2   6
Daniel Cervantes (AQL) 1 6 4

Karina Gerard (NEG) 4 6 2
Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) 6 4 6

Juan Subdula (NWK) 6 6
Deseret Weaverton (BNJ) 3 1

Rajesh Rao (FAM) 6 4 3
AAUGCC (EAS) 3 6 6

Syamim kevin (SHT) 6 7
Luke Subdonez (NWK) 3 5

Dietrich Cassarro (NEG) 5 6 5
Leone Na (BRI) 7 4 7

Ralph Newkarn (BRI) 6 4
Philippe Baloui (TJU) 7 6

Jeff Rogers (GRU) 1 1
Batera Siwara (ERM) 6 6

Novita Nurdiansyah (FID) 4 4
Shinji Makauchi (TJU) 6 6

Theresa Waterford (KHD) 6 6
Elke Hartung (NEG) 2 3

Abelie Fontana (RCN) 3 1
Maddison Scott (ETM) 6 6

Luh Putu Yundari (PCU) 6 3 7
Ajla Vesnic (MTJ) 4 6 5

Gaëlle Sellier (RCN) 6 2 3
Marco Vrient (NEG) 3 6 6

Halima Fatty (BNJ) 4 6 3
Livinia Moore (ETM) 6 4 6

SARA (EAS) 3 7 2
Niken Subdula (NWK) 6 5 6

Sami Dominikanov (MTJ) 3 5
naim alex (SHT) 6 7

Updated Singles Bracket

Doubles Round of 32

Komang Antari/Kadek Andreawati (PCU)                              6   6
Javier Carrasco/ Tomas de Torquemada (BCA) 2 2

Adelinde Günther/Lucas Magnier (RCN) 6 2
Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) 7 6

Danjiella Zovic / Felice Mareaux (NEG) 6 6
Riley Dovatin/Melissa Turnface (KHD) 0 4

Spencer Kohnhead/Bradley Kohnface (KHD) 7 1 6
Luke Subdonez/ Julia Devoningstan (NWK) 6 6 0

Jaguar Zenteanite/Zeke Newham (BRI) 6 6
Evgeny Kondratenko / Oleg Vlasov (WSN) 3 4

Marko Juvan/ Rikard Kampl (MTJ) 7 6
SARA/Marcus Hathwar (ETM) (EASETM) 6 4

Alexandra Barna/Ralph Henschel (GGY) 6 6
Dwiyana Lutanto/Dwiyani Lutanto (MWI) 2 1

Juan/ Niken Subdula (NWK) 3 3
AAUGCC/Jack Ho (ETM) (EASETM) 6 6

Leo Garry/Elizabeth Quehall (BRI) 6 6
Brian McMalloroy/John McMalloroy (FAM) 3 1

Martha McNeil/Anthony Kawasaki (ETM) (GRUETM) 2 7 5
Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani (PCU) 6 5 7

izzat manson/george fakhrul (SHT) 7 6
Carla Tormo/Lara Navarro (AQL) 5 4

Michael Legrand/Juan Ortiz (KRY) 6 7
Bahari zack/isaac daud (SHT) 3 6

Arthur Leloup/Hildebrant Weisgerber (RCN) 6 7
Janelle Hood / Sarah Lee Vale (AIG) 1 5

Jeff Rogers/Leanne Stewart (ETM) (GRUETM) 4 3
Maïoura Gaïelakathil (M-S) / Neadaka Gaïelakathil (M-S) (BNK) 6 6

Thierry Garzala / Marco Vrient (NEG) 4 7 3
Bartolo Sabanero/Qualo Tabos (AQL) 6 5 6

James Williams/Alexandra Helmand (KRY) 6 3 6
Mary Owenter/Rowley Timple (SKH) 3 6 1

Updated Doubles Bracket
Last edited by Banija on Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports