NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 85 || RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Huayramarca
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 02, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Huayramarca » Sat May 30, 2020 7:13 pm

Ñucanchi Ñan - Part 1.

Eliezer González was thoughtful about the performance of the Huayramarcan National Team, pondering their performance through the entire World Cup Qualifiers, he noted that in their six played games, they won 90% of their points away, while on home only a minimum of 10% were earned, he also analyzed the patter of the other teams with similar amount of points as Huayramarca currently possesses, the Condors were the ones with the fewest points at home of them all. Some visible annoyance was then observed at his eyes, the president of Huayramarca, Hugo Mina approached to González and asked “What’s on your mind?” the HFF head was frank and said “We’ve won only 1 point out of 9 at Huayramarca, while we’re running perfectly when we go abroad, I wonder what’s going on?” Mina was cold and only said “That’s your own issue, you’re supposed that this team should be playing somewhat decently to make people turn their noses away from politics, while we slowly marginalize them, esos serranos color zapato.”1 While he walked away. González tried in vain to talk with Mina once again, he had to seek for an excuse that might attract his attention as soon as possible,

The HFF would figure out a key phrase, “Serranos color zapato” he repeated three times on his mind, he suddenly snapped his fingers and had a “brilliant” idea, he ran through the players and press and reached the president, a bodyguard pointed him with a gun and said “Are you sure that you want to kill him?” González said “Señor presidente” Mina turned and he said “What’s going on!” González let his idea go to the ears of Mina in a pervasive and alarmed way “We have found that a Serrano buried on the main stadiums of this nation some frogs and Inti’s images with his head upside down” Mina, in his clear anti-serrano crusade on mind for his political platform seemed really interested on what González said, he knew that football and beliefs could turn into a very dangerous cocktail yet beneficial for his ideas against them. “Repeat that again” said Mina, González did it as requested “Serranos buried frogs under the pitch of this stadium, the Estadio Nacional and at the Metropolitano, also, Inti’s images upside down.” Mina pressed his fist, and said “This is my time.”

The frogs buried and Inti’s images upside down are a symbol for bad luck and desire for death to the ones where those objects were found, so the implications of this would be strong for a society known for being so traditional and sticky with their beliefs as the Huayramarcan one. Mina saw how the general condemn from the Jungle and Coast would go directly against Serranos, specially the ire of Coastals, who are highly antipathetic with Serranos. A plot that could change things all of a sudden in favor of Mina’s pro-coast agenda was a real chance, he called the press to give an improvised conference while González asked people to find those frogs and Intis.

May be a potential farce, yet González knew that it’d be possible considering that he was in Sechura, at the Jungle, frogs are often found there a lot and would be a remote chance to find one buried, while he sent some people to buy Inti images to the nearest supermarket in order to alter the real situation. The HFF personnel came with the Intis, excavated the pitch and threw them upside down while the press was away, casually, some frogs were close and they killed those and threw them into the potholes in the pitch.

Mina was on press, now with the entire media of Huayramarca close while delivering a quick speech “Dear Huayramarcans” said hypocritically, today, we were noticed that the Huayramarcan NT poor performance at home might be due to a Serrano that buried down frogs and upside down Intis into the pitch, we’ve got that evidence with the modern CCTV system installed in this sports venue.” The media tried to question Mina about said accusations against a general group of a nation, (to clarify, Serranos are approximately the 45% of the entire Huayramarcan population) Mina interrupted them and said, “Go there” while pointing with his index finger “There are two, three, oh, six potholes all across the field” The media went where Mina told them to go, they saw how the potholes had the things like he said, frogs, specifically H uayramarcan Fighting Frogs and the pictures of the main entity for the Huayramarcan mythology. Press took photos, the reporters were pushing one to the other to get the best angle possible and put that into the rotative printers for the next day… “Panem et circenes”.

González was laughing, he did what he needed to excuse himself with the president, but also created the spark for a big mess in Huayramarca, a mess that history could categorize depending on its magnitude. Hugo Mina wasn’t a person to trust on, though, but he did touch his sensible fibers when he said “Serrano” now, he was calmed since he wouldn’t be fired by the president itself. The press continued to take pictures while González was leaving, a journalist tried to talk with him, González cut him off by saying “I’m speechless, we have to be united in sport and we found this, this is abominable.” He left while attending a call on his phone, Mina was calling him and he had to answer, he ran to a water closet, turned a faucet on and talked “Mr. President, that might be the cause” Mina said “Thanks, good job on finding that!” “Now, we shall send somebody to inspect the other venues and see what’s going on there.” “Ok” answered González, while planning his next move.

González would fear to be found as a liar, hence, he needed to move some contacts at the Coast and Sierra in order to put the frogs and Inti’s images buried down, he phoned them in order to ask for the burying to be done before the night, while sending some bribes into the bank accounts using the weak wi-fi connection enabled to his personal laptop. González knew that Mina would reward him heavily after that, while the National Team image would improve according to him, since they would be able to earn more wins at home hopefully.

The HFF manager went to the hotel at Sechura, decided to stay away from the flashlights for some hours, meanwhile, he would like to observe the situation from outside and see how things develop, in order to plan his next move, which was a completely imprudent yet somewhat effective for marketing in favor of the national team from inside and outside Huayramarca.

González woke up early, he went to the hotel's reception and asked for the newspaper, he took it and read the first page, meanwhile, the hotel staff was staring at him, apparently, the rumor that it was a fake situation arrived to the local people in Sechura by a whistleblower, those which are pretty common in the Huayramarcan interior.

Huayramarcan NT bad luck attributed to frogs and and Inti's images upside down.

González: "We have only earned 10% of our total amount of points currently, we should find the root cause for this, even if Serranos are into it."

He was decontextualized, the press put words at his mouth, words that he never expected that would be there and that could be somewhat harmful for his project into the Huayramarcan Football Federation, there was needs that needed to be solved in order to keep the national team into the public eye, but not things that could affect the institution and team in their reputation as people or organization in the nation.

Mina was called by González, the president said “We will scale this up, Serranos should be reprimanded for this, since your complaint was true, there were buried things on Guayaquil and into the Estadio Nacional, which means that perhaps that was the situation that affected our national team.” González said “Nice! But there’s something I need to talk with you, El Clarinero put inappropriate words in my mouth, I’m sure you’ve already read that.” Mina answered “I did, and I’ve already asked El Clarinero to clarify this, we need that the Condors have a great image in between the people, I won’t tolerate a risk for our common plans.”

With this, the plan to attempt an improve of the image of the Huayramarcan National Team has begun, with a risky move and probably with repression against Serranos by the mere fact that the president just wants to kill them all and turn them into chaufa2.

1. Literally means "Shoe-colored Serrano." Used as a racial slur against Serranos, the inhabitants of the Huayramarcan highlands (known as Sierra).
2. Chaufa is a mixture of Eastern Québécois and Huayramarcan cuisine, it consists in RL Chinese food mixed with Andean ingredients such as potatoes, ají Amarillo (yellow pepper) and egg.
Last edited by Huayramarca on Sun May 31, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Population: 36 million, demonym: Huayramarcan, capital city: Chuquiago, languages: Spanish, Quechua, Aymara + 6

CAFA VII Champions

Garifunya
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Garifunya » Sat May 30, 2020 7:16 pm

Presidential Palace, Frederykvil, Garifunya

Simone Lunenborg approached the secretary outside the President's office. "Excuse me, sir? I'm here to see the President."

The secretary nodded and smiled. "Go right in, he's expecting you," he said.

Simone opened the door and saw Immanuel Prins and François at the desk, going over some papers. "Ah, Madam Vice President," said Prins. "Thank you for joining us."

"It's my honor to serve our nation as Vice President and to work alongside you, Mr. President," replied Simone.

"Please, have a seat," said Prins. "François, would you leave us? I'd like to have a friendly chat alone with the Vice President."

"Of course, sir," said François, bowed, and exited the room.

After François had left, and Simone had settled into a chair, Prins turned to her and said, "Madam Vice President, I do hope that you don't think we brought you into this administration to be a warm body and to shore up our poll numbers, as some scurrilous types are saying."

"Mr. President, I don't believe that. But the constitutional duties of the Vice President are very limited. What would you have me do?"

"I believe the first occupant of the office defines it. Gillaat spent a lot of time defining the President as the kleptocrat-in-chief. I have had to work extremely hard to avoid that perception and to redefine the institution of President into something people can trust. In a country such as ours, where people are used to being disappointed, used to the government either ignoring them when they need to be helped up, or even in some cases, pushing them down in the first place, credible institutions are important. You and I, Simone, we are only important in so far as how we wield our power, how we define what a President and Vice President are, what a government. We cannot save Garifunya. But the office of President and Vice President can. A true team, working together for the benefit of the country. You are a loyal member of your party, and in the House of Freeholders you could be that. But in this position, country outweighs party, every time. That is the official policy of my administration, and you will adhere to it. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Mr. President. I know that you value patriotism, duty, and service. It's one of the things people admire you for."

"Admiration is all well and good, but it is useless once I leave office. Madam Vice President, you and I have an opportunity to show that power can be shared, that unity is possible, and that good government is possible. But for us to be a partnership, we have to have a shared vision. I have a vision, you have a vision, everyone has a vision or a dream for what Garifunya is to be. Our task is to work out the best vision together. Starting today and every week, we will have discussions on the major issues facing our nation and what to do about them. I expect you to have original ideas and to challenge me. That's one reason why we picked you, your intelligence. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Mr. President."

"Excellent. Let's start slowly this week. I am leaning towards ending the jobs program. You have five minutes to convince me I'm wrong, starting now."

Simone swallowed. Prins really was as much of a debater as people said he was. Trying to stop him from ending his signature program in just five minutes was "starting slowly"?

"All right, then. Well, the first and most obvious success of the jobs program is that people have jobs. The unemployment rate has fallen below eight percent, which is a three-fifths drop from where it was previously."

"But people say they are make-work jobs, and statistics are an illusion. Gillaat faked statistics all the time."

"But Gillaat didn't have the same integrity our new government has. The training sessions and the anti-corruption initiatives mean we can trust our economic data. Besides, those who criticize the program are a minority. It has a 68% approval rating, according to surveys, and even anecdotally, every village has a story to tell about the jobs program."

"But they could be lying out of fear of reprisal, or the pollsters could be massaging the numbers. Get to the real point. Why is the jobs program good?"

Simone flushed. The rumors were true. He could be very direct when he wanted, and he definitely didn't care about the politics of things. "The best argument, Mr. President, is what the jobs program has created. Schools, hospitals, paved roads, public irrigation systems, even the expansion of Mytelbeerg's port. We are creating the infrastructure that Garifunya needs, that Gillaat barely paid attention to, and we are putting money in people's pockets while we do it. There is physical evidence that it works."

Prins smiled. "That's an excellent way to summarize it. But what of inflation? The giyldaar is falling against most major currencies. What about the economy? Our friends from the National Party argue that the high taxes needed to finance these projects are preventing business owners from hiring and slowing growth, that it's all an illusion paid for by their tax dollars."

"With all due respect, Mr. President, most of that is bunk. The giyldaar doesn't necessarily need to be strong against the euro or the dollar; a weaker currency means we can sell more goods abroad, stimulating our businesses. And our currency is roughly similar to our neighbors in the Caribbean and Central America, so we can buy the goods we need from them. Besides, domestic inflation is under control. The price of staples are largely stable, and people couldn't buy goods under Gillaat because they didn't have jobs; at least this way people can feed their families. As for the taxes, our tax system is fairer and more efficient than before. If the rich pay a little more in taxes, it's because it's going to help the vast majority of Garifunyans. The government works for the people now, not Gillaat's cronies, and they'd better get used to paying their fair share."

Prins grinned. "Good, good. I like a little anger, a little passion. Last thing: we've built a lot, that's undeniable. But without engineers, doctors, nurses, teachers, and other workers, what use are these buildings? Why shouldn't we focus on education, like our friends in Democratic Revival are urging?"

"It's a false choice, Mr. President. The jobs program is only an infrastructure program because that's what was needed. It can be anything you want. There is some truth to the make-work jobs criticism. We can't build a prosperous nation on infrastructure and manual labor alone. We should expand the jobs program to quickly train and hire all the people you mentioned. Make it clear that the infrastructure projects are public facilities and that they need public employees. We have the opportunity to create a true middle class for Garifunya, and for it to be an equal-opportunity middle class. Poverty, skin color, gender, nothing should stand in the way of individuals' social mobility. We can show the nation and the world that the public sector can be the engine of prosperity, not just a stopgap against economic ruin."

Prins glanced at his watch. "A truly impressive argument, Madam Vice President, and with fourteen seconds to spare. I look forward to more of this. Thank you very much."

Simone was flabbergasted. "But what did you decide? Are you keeping the jobs program? Expanding it?"

Prins smiled. "All in good time. I have to ruminate on what you said. But I am eager to do more of this. This has the makings of a truly great partnership in service of the nation. Thank you again and I will see you later."

"Yes, Mr. President." Simone shook his outstretched hand and left the room.

As she walked out into the hallway, she sighed. Prins' secretary looked at her and said, "How was it, Madam Vice President? It sounded like a fun meeting. Don't worry, he grills everyone like that. You'll get used to it."

Simone looked at him. "I certainly hope so."
Puppet of Nova Anglicana

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Sat May 30, 2020 7:29 pm

(OOC: the Kang Min quote is attributed to Xiang Yu on TVTropes, I can't find an original source. (If someone has one, please do let me know!))

The spiral arm of the galaxy sprawled over the field. It was a beautiful night, though most of them were given that they were in the middle of a sparsely populated mountain range. The soft red lights of the visitors' clubhouse marked the sick bay; brighter, more glaring lights pointed out the home bench behind. But once again, there were no fans, and no reason for the floodlights to drown the field and the stars.

"Rowan means well," Amelie said.

"I know," said Niels, if fatalistically. If any of them didn't mean well they'd all be in trouble. "It's just--just because I believe in heaven doesn't mean I'm not scared of dying."

"That's reasonable," said Amelie.

"Is it?"

"Well, uh, we don't have the same tangible evidence of God's existence as we do of the physical world, of each other. That doesn't mean we don't believe. I mean, nobody likes being sick right? You're not happy that Vaughn and them aren't feeling well."

"Of course not! But, you know. People like to catch others being hypocritical. If I don't bend over backwards and give every last check to help other people, I'm a terrible being and should never have been born, right?"

"You read too many foreign blogs, Niels."

"Not anymore I don't," he said dryly.

"Well, that's why we're Zwangzugian, innit? Actually loving your neighbor is too touchy-feely, but we can get the government to do it for us. Sometimes."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"Just give Rowan a chance, okay? He gets it."

"Gets what? What if he's one of those 'I'm too cool and hip to believe in God or redemption but it's fine that stupid people like you do'? I can't stand being bleeping patronized."

"Niels, we've been stuck here for like a week. If he had a problem with you, he'd have exploded by now."

"Says who?"

"Says the one who sits on the bench with him instead of starting every game," Amelie teased. "He's chill, but he's not that chill. Nobody is."

Niels sighed. "Thanks. I guess."

Amelie tilted her head. "Are you familiar with the writing of Kang Min?"

"No. Who?"

"Han sage. Might be Min Kang, I forget what order they transliterate it in. Anyway. Kang, or Min, or whoever, had a quote about how you can know someone for years, eat with them, sleep with them--not like that, just, you know, be in close quarters--talk with them about anything. But you don't really know who they are until you threaten them and hold them over a volcano."

"What?"

"First of all, I don't want to know how often he threatened his enemies over a volcano. Second of all, Kang was wrong."

"What?"

"I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he meant 'when someone is faced with imminent death,' not 'when someone is faced with being thrown into a volcano by a psychotic sage.' But even then. Some people are easy to get to know, some are difficult. Death doesn't make anyone more--more transparent; if you've lived true to yourself, you just continue being more of who you already were. Whether people see that or not. Hopefully, in the long run, in the very long run, we all wind up in the same place, and we'll understand a lot of things better then. But until then? All we can do is be ourselves. All of us."

"Thanks." Niels nodded. "He's a good guy."

"Of course he is, he isn't kicking up a fuss about staying here, is he?"

"Hopefully he's up for five-a-side tomorrow, we'll see what else he can kick up."

"Sounds good." Amelie smiled, then coughed.

"You okay? Should take your temperature."

"I will," she said, "but I've been sneezing all day. Bridget and Vaughn haven't been."

"All the same. We don't have enough sample size to know how this works."

"Yeah, yeah," said Amelie. "I'll get some data, plot it in Hallam's bleeping graphs."

"He has those?"

"He has something, or he wouldn't be staring down at his clipboard all the time."

"Sure he might," said Niels. "He's a goalie, this brings out the goalie in him."

"Nuh-uh, goalies are looking up."

"Well, maybe he holds the clipboard out in front of him."

They giggled, and walked back to the clubhouse. Beyond them, the constellations slowly rotated on.

(Cherenkov-Nguyen 26)
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Delaclava
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Sat May 30, 2020 7:36 pm

Once Delaclava had repaired social and political tensions during its time in isolation, it sought to bring its former allies and territories under that same umbrella. Many of these territories had struggled, economically and culturally, without a strong Delaclav presence, and so it was a welcome development when these ties were re-established.

This meant, however, that now all of these lands were subject to the federal laws of Delaclava, which was a somewhat artificial proposition given the ideological diversity that the Delaclav government was attempting to bring under one banner. Many were similar enough that they were able to adapt quickly. Some were not.

Enter Agrivova, a traditionally elite, socially conservative, military-driven republic which has formerly been an ally of Delaclava under the AOCDAVOR coalition. It had been long reeling after a coalition war, and when the proverbial rope had been thrown to them, they had little choice but to go along with policies of pacifism, moderate gun control, marriage equality, and innovative workplace practices aimed at increasing diversity on a merit basis.

The Agrivovans had, both actually and metaphorically, been forced to lay down arms, and discontent remained.

Mark Stefanidis had originally moved to San Salvacion, the "above-ground capital" of Agrivova (the actual capital, Fort Tannenberg, was underground) to work as an engineer for one of the top mining companies in the country. His hometown of Athens was far less traditional than his new home, and he struggled to fit in. He managed to find one friend - David Karras, from Mersatha and also a recent college graduate, who was stationed in San Salvacion as part of an ocean conservancy and coastal management non-profit. They hit it off immediately, first as friends, then as a couple. When they started dating, they didn't get a lot of flak for it, just the occasional stare from someone who wasn't used to seeing two men flirt or hold hands.

When David proposed to Mark, they were excited to get married and spend their lives together. While they'd considered coming back to the mainland, both men had recently receiving raises and promotions, so there didn't seem to be much reason to leave yet. Besides, they legally could not be deprived of any marriage benefits they'd be entitled to back home. And they'd never run into any trouble before.

So David called up a wedding planner, and a friendly female voice answered, "Baker Events and Weddings, how can I help you?"

"Yes, hi, we're looking at planning our wedding in a few months, and we were interested in the work you've done before."

"Sure, let's get you scheduled for an appointment. Your name?"

"David Karras."

"And the bride's name?"

"Mark Stefanidis."

There was a pause before a somewhat icier reply: "I'm sorry, I'm afraid we won't be able to assist you."

"Hold on, is this because—"

Click.

David had hoped that this would be a fluke, but he got the same result from the next three listings. Frustrated, he gave up and waited for Mark to get home from work.

Mark was similarly dejected by David's experienced, and they decided to go to the Iron Mule Bar and Grill to at least have a night out together and take their mind off earlier. By the time they'd gotten drinks and appetizers, they were in a much better mood - laughing and joking with each other, happy together. They weren't obviously a couple - neither was a big fan of PDA's or even holding hands frequently - but something must have tipped off a waiter or patron, for suddenly a manager came and leaned over their table.

Without so much as an introduction, the wiry man said in a nasal voice, "You two need to get out."

"Why?" Mark asked, not really needing an answer.

"You both know why. Come on, let's move it."

"You know you can't do this, right?" Mark argued, now getting seriously kicked out.

The man moved his right hand to his hip, drawing attention to a pistol hanging by his belt, smirked, and sassily shot back, "I mean it. Out. Now."

David and Mark looked at each other. What else could they do? They shrugged, stood up, and walked out, with the manager following close behind to make sure they left in quick order. Once outside, Mark started crying as David held him, all the while continuing to walk to their car.

They weren't quite sure what they were supposed to do. But this wasn't right. This wasn't Delaclava.
Sports Honor Roll
Football: 2x WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONS (13 & 15), 1x Runner-up (11), 4x Third Place (41-44), 1x Regional Champions
Hockey: World Cup 16 Third Place, 2x World Juniors Champion (18 & 22), 3x World Junior Runners-up (16, 17, 19), 1x Regional Silver
Basketball: 2x IBC Runners-up (31 and 36), 4x Regional Medal (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
Lacrosse: 2x Worlds Runners-up (16 and 41) 1x Regional Silver
Soccer: Olympic Gold (V), 3rd at IAC 18 3rd at Di Bradini Cup 15, 4th at Baptism of Fire 34
Host of WC 55; CoH 44, 46, 84, and 87; BoF 72; World Bowl 11, 15, 39, and 43; IBC 7 and 31; AOCAF 31; WJHC 16 and 18; etc. Founder of Scott Cup and World Team Tennis Championship.

Eura
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eura » Sat May 30, 2020 8:00 pm

emplor.eur/main/sport/football
THE GLOBAL LEAGUE - PART TWO
An Emplor series comparing different countries - if they could only field players from Euraleague
Report by our chief clickbaity listicle correspondent Jedrick Toddle

Welcome back to our wonderful new series, The Global League - Part Two! We're building national teams from Euraleague squads to face off against each other in a special one off simulation. As a reminder, here are the rules we are playing by:

- Each team must have a full lineup of 11 players, including one goalkeeper. Shock horror.
- All players must currently play in "Euraleague", ie. the top three tiers of Euran football (Gold League, Silver League, Bronze League).
- Inactive players do not count, so that means no Keith Rowland for Nephara for example.
- If a country has an overwhelming amount of good players in Eura, we may create a "B" team, or include honourable mentions.
- Teams don't have to stick to a consistent formation - for example some teams might have two forwards, some three.

We have also got a further update from Mr Nobblegoose (The Third) at our partners Wankleton Industries. He had this to say about the latest progress on the technical solution for our brilliant simulation:

"So its called the Numbernator, and basically what it does is it throws a bunch of maths together that sounds vaguely convincing, and pumps out whatever random score it produces. I'd like to think this is a high quality product but to be honest I'm a bit drunk and-"

I think we can cut him off there! Last time, we explored what kind of team the Euran Oceania Territories could put up for this challenge. As you can imagine, it featured most of their actual national side. Now we look closer to home...

TEAM #2:

NEPHARA
Formation: 3-4-3
Captain: Circe Rosenthal

Wow, this team is a step up in quality from the last one. Nepharim players are like locusts at the moment, they're everywhere, and that includes Euraleague. With the strongest domestic league in the multiverse and one of the better national teams, combined with the cultural and geographical connection between Eura and Nephara, it shouldn't be surprising - especially given the financial power of both leagues means each others players usually look to the other league as the best overseas option. We've tried to put together the best lineup possible, while making a very long honourable mentions list, with the midfield and frontline being the obvious strong points in comparison to a mediocre defence:

Aranea Provost - 22 - GK - Holdenberg - The golden girl herself, she's pipped out Gold League icon Tsattalios based on her current operating level and potential to be one of the worlds best, whereas the other Nepharim goalkeepers in Gold League are top level but past their best.

Ruon Asante - 29 - RB - Lajuno - Asante used to be one of Nephara's brightest talents, but never quite captured their potential and had to settle for mediocrity at Lajuno.

Roxelana Thorn - 25 - CB - Revolutionaries - A defensive titan and one of Revolutionaries best signings of the last decade. She's tenacious, a born leader and very technically gifted. A star. Not much else needs to be said.

John Falkholt - 28 - LB - Carsby - Probably the least well known and certainly the least fashionable choice in the team, but a shoe-in as a quality left back who could easily fit in at a bigger club. The goals conceded stat for his club side doesn't do justice to his defensive abilities, due to their tactics; Falkholt is used as a wingback playing much of the game in midfield.

Monako Saroszi - 27 - RM - Ulsa - One prominent Emplor reporter once called Saroszi "a firecracker that someone forgot to defuse", and its easy to see where they were coming from. He doesn't have a bad temperament - Saroszi is just endlessly energetic, fast and hard working, and a technically gifted winger to boot. A worthy successor to Adnan Szalai.

Circe Rosenthal - 29 - CM - Directus - The natural captain of the side, Circe has always appeared to be wise beyond her years, and is a natural successor to Nicky Keane at her club. She might not be in the national team picture at the moment as she ages but she's got quality too; a big passing range, excellent set piece ability and the stamina of an Olympic marathon runner.

Malachi Chalk - 28 - CM - Falourr - This was a tough selection given some of the talent who miss out, like Cuelemann and Trahearne. However Chalk is a deserving choice, an unfancied player in the past who has carved out an important role at Falourr and got herself into the national team picture.

Rowena Strongbow - 29 - LW - Directus - What we can say about Rowena Strongbow that hasn't already been said? Simply put she is one of the best players in the world, certainly of the last decade, and one of the best Nepharim players in history. Her record breaking Gold League Player of the Season performances a couple of seasons ago were exceptional. Long may she reign.

Konrad Lovelace - 24 - ST - Revolutionaries - The first of the three strikers and perhaps the least proven, but nevertheless Lovelace has enjoyed a brilliant start to life at Revolutionaries and has a bright future ahead of him. Reminiscent of Keith Rowland in his physicality and playing style.

Estrella Hawke - 32 - ST - Directus - Hawke's arrival at Directus was something of a sensation, and she's arguably still got something special in her locker at 32. Quitting the real national team has probably prolonged the best years of her career just a little longer, and so she makes it into this team despite a lot of competition.

Kurtis Bastable - 25 - CF - Ulsa – Nephara’s new main man is a wonderkid who has been doing the business in Eura since his teenage years, only to finally get that all important breakthrough season in his early twenties. His Hornchurch heyday secured him a move to Ulsa where he has become the clear successor to Romikk Valgard and cemented his place in the national team as a result.

HONOURABLE MENTIONS:
Andreas Swoboda - 35 - GK - Holdenberg
Apostolos Tsattalios - 32 - GK - Falourr
Anthoulis Matraxis - 31 - GK - Hornchurch
Louise Vaughan - 23 - CB - Lajuno
Tomas Banks - 29 - CB - Carsby
Kari Bardiche - 27 - LB - Usmer
Adelaide Tallow - 27 - CDM/CM - Farrenton Athletic
Helmut Chilmark - 33 - CDM - Holdenberg
Martel Cuelemann - 28 - CM/CAM - Holdenberg City
Amber Trahearne - 30 - CM/CAM - Oakstone
Johanna Sutton - 27 - RW - Lajuno
Claudia Martane - 27 - RW - Hornchurch
Cheney Breremond - 29 - RW/ST - Hornchurch
Anja Ruthenbeck - 26 - LM - Old Boys Club
Gareth Corvine – 32 – LM – Oakstone
Erika Wolff - 31 - ST - Hornchurch
Heron Kendall - 32 - ST - Oakstone
Lukas Stonemoore - 23 - ST – Revolutionaries

Good grief, there’s loads of them, way too many. What are we going to do? (I’ve got an idea – Ed.) Eh? What do you mean an idea? Ideas are my job! They’re my idea! Don’t get any funny ideas, Ed…

TEAM #3:

NEPHARA 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
Formation: 3-4-3
Captain: Heron Kendall

Wait, what? This isn’t allowed. You can’t have two Nephara’s! (We do now. Make it work – Ed.) Right, ok then. I suppose they do have an overwhelming amount of decent players who couldn’t make it into the squad above. What could we slap together as an alternative Nephara team? We’ve had a go below – there’s plenty of quality left for the goalkeeper position, midfield and up front, but the defence looks rocky:

Apostolos Tsattalios - 32 - GK - Falourr – Ok, this makes sense. He’s been brilliant in Euraleague over the years, was critical to Falourr’s title win. Swoboda very unlucky to miss out on this team as well, and Matraxis isn’t even in the conversation – which just goes to show how Euraleague has dominated Nepharim goalkeeping for some time.

Louise Vaughan - 23 - CB - Lajuno – A decent young talent. She’s a bit lightweight though – to get anywhere fast in Euraleague she’ll need to toughen up.

Tomas Banks - 29 - CB - Carsby – One of Carsby’s better defenders, but clearly not on the level of Falkholt. Surprisingly effective as a centreback despite not being particularly tall or bulky.

Kari Bardiche - 27 - LB - Usmer – We had to pick someone as the third defender. At least she can kick people in the shins quite hard.

Claudia Martane - 27 - RW - Hornchurch – Claudia is a current Nephara international, and therefore an obvious choice for this ludicrous Nephara 2.0 project. Another hard worker with added flair, as seems to be the case for a lot of Nephara’s biggest talents listed here. It’s in the genes.

Adelaide Tallow - 27 - CDM/CM - Farrenton Athletic – Tallow has a bit of the Monica Rowland vibe about her; like she could pierce you with a look, and can shout you down with a whisper. Utterly terrifying to both teammates and opponents despite not having much bark, and pretty nifty with a football to boot.

Amber Trahearne - 30 - CM/CAM - Oakstone – It would be understandable to select Cuelemann here but Trahearne edges it with her international experience, general maturity and set piece specialism.

Anja Ruthenbeck - 26 - LM - Old Boys Club – Talented, not too old, and multi-faceted, being as useful in defence as she is in attack. Ruthenbeck has a bright future ahead of her and makes it into this team.

Cheney Breremond - 29 - RW/ST - Hornchurch – Her international career might be a distant memory but Breremond is still living it up in Euraleague. There’s no Damion Bowman to set her up with sitters anymore so the goal tally is likely to sink. At least Kurtis Bastable can’t steal them all.

Heron Kendall - 32 - ST - Oakstone – Kendall is something of a fan favourite in Nephara for her former role as an international. She came to Oakstone looking for a new challenge in the twilight of her career, and has found a new home there for probably longer than anticipated. An experienced head, she’s the obvious choice to be captain.

Lukas Stonemoore - 23 - ST – Revolutionaries – An interesting free transfer signing for Revolutionaries. Described by some as a bargain Konrad Lovelace, which might be slightly harsh. Stonemoore is a good young striker in his own right.

HONOURABLE MENTIONS (sort of, is it really honourable if you’ve missed out on two teams?:
Andreas Swoboda - 35 - GK - Holdenberg
Anthoulis Matraxis - 31 - GK - Hornchurch
Helmut Chilmark - 33 - CDM - Holdenberg
Martel Cuelemann - 28 - CM/CAM - Holdenberg City
Johanna Sutton - 27 - RW – Lajuno
Gareth Corvine – 32 – LM – Oakstone
Erika Wolff - 31 - ST – Hornchurch

Needless to say, if you picked out a random foreign player in Euraleague, there’s a good chance they would hail from Nephara or have at least played there before.
United Federation of Eura - Sporting achievements
Champions: WC66, WC73, CR23, CR27, CR34, CoH 85, Market Cup I, Next Generation Trophy, Gold Medal (Mens Football) Olympics IX
Runner up: WC60, WC72, WC78, CR16, CR20, CR32, CR44, CoH51, COH79
Host: CR24, CR37, BoF60, CR Under 21's and Under 17's

Farfadillis
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Farfadillis » Sat May 30, 2020 8:14 pm

Roses are red
We've reached matchday eight
For once in my life
I ain't cutting off late

(this wrong cut-off message brought to you by Eura)
The Outlandish Lands of Farfadillis Ӿ Population: 20,814,000 ± 11,186,000
Capital: not applicable Ӿ Demonym: Farf, plural Farves
Shango-Fogoa Premier League (wiki) Ӿ Farfadillis national football team Ӿ Map of Farfadillis Ӿ Name Generator

Champions: World Cup 84 and AOCAF Cups 43, 48 and 57
Hosts: World Cups 85 and 91, Baptisms of Fire 54, 68 and 78 and AOCAF Cups 38, 60 and 67

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sat May 30, 2020 8:37 pm

GTV (Government & Public Affairs TV Network), Friday evening, 7:45pm

"Good evening, welcome to another edition of This Week in Parliament, I'm Craig Tinker, joining me tonight, a regular panelist on the program, Allison Weathersby, Parliament Correspondent for the The Guardian; Mark Santoro, Political Editor of the The Times; and Marilyn Nelson from CommNews 1. Thanks to all of you for taking time to join us. The early part of the week had it's own interesting storylines, but I think we should start right off with the discussion yesterday surrounding the decision by new government in Banija to reverse their long held nuclear-free zone designation, which doesn't necessarily mean that they plan to develop weapons, or even anything more than just domestic power use. But Mark, it seems to have blindsided a lot of the opposition, and even some of the government's own backbenchers."

Mark Santoro: "There's been a lot of hush hush talk going on between the government and the various entities in Banija about this, and I think it brings back to the front burner the fact that we have an excellent relationship with the country on the whole, but not necessarily with the elected government. The Isebantu runs the foreign policy and this is framed as being a domestic policy decision."

CT: "Marilyn."
Marilyn Nelson: "And it also defies logic that they think they need another source of power when they've got all this oil that was discovered. There seems to be a lot things that point towards a move back towards the type of policies similar to the Mattias Mutbei regime."

CT: "Ali, your thoughts"
Allison Weathersby: "You said the rank & file seemed blindsided, and the couple of Assembly reps I spoke with wondered what have we been doing with all of the goodwill we had built up with the Banijans. But i think we should keep in mind that this nuclear program, or project, or however they are going to sell it, still has to start essentially from scratch. It may be 3-5 years before they even have a centrifuge up & running."

CT: "let's hear from Hannah Delaney, who was speaking for the Prime Minster on the floor Thursday afternoon.."

(cut to video clip of TV coverage from the Assembly chamber)
"...from what we have been made aware of, this was an item included in the overall defense review that is done annually. When there was a proposal brought forward to overturn the nuclear-free zone, it was passed by a wide margin. We have never presumed to interfere in the domestic governance of the country, or any country for that matter."

to be continued...
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Sat May 30, 2020 9:34 pm

Onward and upward!
By Steve Stevenson

HUELAVIA - Myrone Rhules career is still very very young, but it might be ok to call a 2-0 win over HUElavia one of his biggest. The Maroons took down a big threat as the lowest ranked team in pot three looks to play the next big game against pot 1 team Equestria next week. Rhule's team looked dominant against a team who had just a few years ago made the World Cup. But it looks with that win it could be Xanneria taken the top spot with the results of next week and at worse a loss would still likely see the team in second place. THe Maroons, outside of a stumble against a rather bizarrely inconsistent Lo Santino team, have been nearly perfect. Once again the striker triplets of Presintino, Peralta, and Laymore looked good, but this time the scoring was from another source, the "Lady Frenchesca" Franchescha Bonchek is the usual Penalty kick taker and both goals were from PK's she took. She also looks gifted on defence with her small frame make her lighter on her feet than her opponents. She got two scores and her total is now up to 4 for the campaign, and it is some what of a twist of irony, given the well known nature of violent slides and shoving matches Xanneria is known for that there would be a couple of minor slides that would draw penalties for the Maroons to take PKs on.

Also playing amazingly was Loretta Walters. She did a stupendous job in the goal and made up for an awkward performance against Baker Park. She got in goal as her and Dom Brabham were selected as the two keepers this week as the Chocolate Man Evan Jefferson once again was out in Sajnur for prior commitments. (And I think it's well known he basically a player coach for the Maroons anyway.) But Brabham took a ball to the face and was immediately substituted by coach Rhule. In stepped Walters who became a minor celeb in Baker Park after standing up to the noted bad ref Weston Hernandez, but to most the world who didn't have context she looked out of her element. Now to those who didn't have the context behind the BP incident she lookd like a diety out there calming deflecting, defending and succeeding as a Goalkepper for the National Team.

Next up is by far one of the biggest if not most important games we as the Maroons play. Equestria is coming in to Dominica City and this game has a lot at stake This IS the battle for first place as Xanneria has one less game and one less draw than Equestria. A win could be the biggest ever in history and a loss might not hurt as bad as the Huelavian loss to SOuth Concepthuania hurt them a lot more than the loss to us. But a draw could also do some damage to the Maroons as it could very well level it out, but whats instore for the Maroons is yet to be seen.

In the end here's what Coach Rhule had to say about the performance today and he talked about being the successor to Amos Alton.

coach Rhule wrote:I want to improve on this game next week obviously but I also want to address something. There's been a lot of chatter in various rumor mills and quote sites about how I am better than Amos Alton and that I fit better than him as a coach. Well I want to emphaisze that "phooey" and "garble-de-guk". Amos did a ton for the development of the sport and what was a bit of now realized dark age, And all I am doing is taking what he had and moving it along towards even greater goals. I'm mearly building ontop of his solid foundation......

Last edited by Xanneria on Sat May 30, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Atheist Democratic Freehold
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Next Game

Postby Atheist Democratic Freehold » Sat May 30, 2020 10:37 pm

Our next game will be an interesting one, as we are facing Cheergirls, who have the second strongest defense in our group, despite not having organization. Even so, we expect a 4-6-0 in general from their team, lacking almost any offense, although the main threat is probably the captain Meghan Banks, as he is the captain despite supposedly having no organization. They also have Katie Golden, and he seems to be a good keeper. Considering how Andos Galqe is still injured from the first game and is replaced by Makos Aragandi, the Inquisitors of Atheist Democratic Freehold will have virtually no offense either which makes this a defensive game, which obviously gives this prediction:

Predictions:
Cheergirls 0-0 Atheist Democratic Freehold

We really hope for the best and obviously not more. A win or a loss will not be surprising, however, as both teams show strength. Katie Golden of the Cheergirls was interviewed shortly, and he stated that the team is probably ready for this game, and that they can take on anything. Andos Miletus of the Inquisitors of Atheist Democratic Freehold stated the same thing.

Life has been messed up, RP is rare now so I expect the results of the WC that I am seeing right now.
Neither player using this account is atheist.

Atheist Democratic Freehold declares war on Liberal Free Socialist State after they are found selling weapons to the rebel group Communist Freehold | Feminist Party begins rioting over women's rights, the centrist Freedom party denounces them as "fake feminists" and states that women deserve rights but not more rights than men

Tequilo
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

WC-85 #9 MD8

Postby Tequilo » Sat May 30, 2020 11:01 pm

THE MOST FAVOURED CHILD OF CHANCO CÓNDOR
The Gum

LILÍAN: The Bar | The Gold | The Gum | Frank Sent This | The Guardian
GARCÍA: The Fire | The Banjo | The Scooter | The Raft | The Border

In the barrel shed at the edge of the garden of La Rosa Cantina next door to the little adobe house on the dangerous bend toward the end of Nuevo Camino, on the outskirts of the ramshackle village of Chanco Cóndor, during a moderate downpour that was common in the afternoon in the middle of El Picodelluvia season, a small leak was sprung in the roof and a drip drip drip patted down onto an empty barrel of golden ale. The temporary - though for how long, no one was sure - residents of the barrel shed, Lilián Tlalqui and her baby boy who’s name was not yet decided, were gradually frustrated and then immensely irritated by the drip drip drip until Lilián, with impressive lungs, called out the cantiñera, Lina, for assistance. Though there was not a man this side of Chichiguina would get away uninjured from such an entitled sort of summons for the attentions of Lina, for some reason that nobody in Chanco Cóndor could fathom, such impetuous behaviour seemed to be tolerated by the cantiñera and sure enough, she was soon at the barrel shed after Lilián had yelled hard for her.

“Dear me,” said Lina, as she entered the shed, somewhat deluged by the downpour, and about to cite a patron wight of Confusiónism “that drip drip drip must be driving you madder than Oooóooos. I will call the roofer out to repair it - or shall I knock next door on your father who has great repute as a fixer of things which are broken?”

“Next door yes if you can Lina, but not for the old man,” said Lilían, appreciatively, “the boy here tells me his father sends ill humours to beset me, and though I don’t fear humours overmuch, you are right that the drip drip drip is driving us both to distraction. Can you bring my mother to attend this persistent problem?”

A cantiñera of twenty-five years, sometimes out in the wild, wild occident of the prairies, Lina had seen a lot of most things and was surprised by little any more. She peered at the leak, and the barrel, and the boy, and raised an eyebrow. She had paused to think, nodded sagely, took her leave, and went to call on Nina.

Lilián’s mother Nina the bruja was come round soon enough, all concerned. But she declared, after listening to the rhythm of the drip drip drip, and consulting with the baby boy, and looking at the hole in the roof, that this was in need of a more specialist magic, and that they should send Lilián’s father to the hardware store in Yaya for some Copal gum. In the meantime, she moved the barrel away from the drip, poked a hole in the soil where the drip was drip drip dripping, spat in it, made a sign, and reassured Lilián that this would hold the malicious humour at bay for a while, until the old man Chuco Tlalqui had gotten back from Yaya on Nina’s orders.

Later that afternoon, a man from Yaya came to La Rosa seeking the new mother and her daughter. In the bar, he asked of them from Lina, who frowned and put on her most menacing posture, asking, “who is asking, then?”

The man, old, humble-looking, slight, but with big hands that had worked their whole lives with hard and uncooperative materials, was eager to reassure the fearsome cantiñera. “Forgive the intrusion,” he said, most humbly and, if Lina were to admit it, with a reassuring and somehow lulling intonation, “I am Señor Arturo Llopa of Llopa Hardware & Ironmongery in Yaya. A man came into my store today, Señor Tlalqui of these parts, and related the story of his daughter Lilián and the problem with the humours. I was most eager to assist, and requested I travel hither with Señor Tlalqui, to bring the Copal gum, because, you see, I am a man who has worked in this business; I can stop leaks and wash away bad humours - I seek only to assist! I explained this to Señor Tlalqui, and he gave me the address, and said that in any case he had some old friend in Yaya he might look up, and asked me to bring the Copal to his wife Nina. Am I in the right place?”

Lina had a knack for spotting trouble and this man, Señor Llopa, was far from trouble. She sent him to Nina and the new family in the barrel shed, thinking they would be grateful for the assistance, but for sure, Chuco would be getting it later, when he came home drunk from his day trip to Yaya.

“I bring gum!” said the kindly Señor Llopa, entering the barrel shed in polite fashion. “Let us fix this damned hole, and enjoy the fruits of our labours!”

Soon enough Señor Llopa had opened his tin of gum, and applied the sticky resin to the hole in the ceiling, whereupon Nina took the rest of it, and some ixcal paste from her pantry, and a good bottle of blotwine from Lina’s selection; she mixed a pleasant psychotropic refresher and they all took a glug of it, save the baby boy who was already asleep. Nina, Lilían and Señor Arturo Llopa the Ironmonger took a journey then to another plane where they hoped to catch this ill-humour sent from the child’s father, to perplex it in a ball of imagined resplendent jackdaw feather spines, and kick it all the way back to the father, with interest.

WIN UGLY
TEQUILO 1-0 Devonta HT: 0-0

SCORERS: Gorostola 86’ (pen.)

Sometimes it’s the result that counts. Or at least, that is what the coach will tell you when three much needed points are in the bag, and the game was awful. In truth this was not an awful game, but to be sure, it was a testing one for Los Pitxileros - Devonta came into this quietly laying down a challenge on the top two, beginning with an opening day win over The Holy Empire. They were in good form, whilst coach Isaac Martí’s team seemed short on confidence after a poor run ending in woeful defeats against some cheerleaders and some anonymous chaps in Vlasistan. There was talk of pressure on the management team. There were nearly 6,000 empty seats in El Volcán. The team seemed not to have taken to the coach’s more measured tactics. And the game itself - well, it was a stalemate, at best. After the abysmal thrashing in the last home game, that was an improvement, but going into the last few minutes, knowing a point was really not enough, it was the veteran in amongst the youngsters who used his experience to steal the game. Urlegi Gorostola won himself a penalty by putting himself about in the box, stepped up to take it and made no mistake, lashing home to win the game, and win ugly, for Tequilo.

The kids did alright though, with Oscar Bienvenida, Xilocotl, Niño Pinto and Masango Sukè all impressing in a remodelled team, and coach Martí will mostly stick with the fresh faces for the trip to fellow strugglers Daskel, looking for another three points. But the returning experience of Callañaupa after injury is too much to ignore - he hasn’t put a foot wrong for his country - so Xilocotl drops to the bench in his place, while Huachalla and Vilca Hualla come in to replace the injured Chicchan and Isidor Artechevarria respectively. Gorostola has proven himself a most reliable forward alongside Tlacolotl, keeping Roxelio Toran out of the starting XI again, while Haize Apeiztegui, ever-present for his country, keeps the captain’s armband in lieu of the absent Mateo Tafalla, still recovering from injury.

Starting Line-Up for TEQUILO at Daskel:
Bienvenida | Minha, Apeiztegui (Capitan), Huracán, Huachalla | Callañuapa | Vilca Hualla, Niño Pinto, Sukè | Gorostola & Tlacolotl
::: FORGOTTEN BUT NOT GONE :::
BECAUSE BECAUSE BECAUSE

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Sun May 31, 2020 12:24 am

Daisy Cutter (aka Daisy Dallas) for Naked News Jersuelem at Dazza Dallas Stadium with Annabelle Sallad of the Jeruselem team

Daisy:
Hello! I'm Daisy Cutter of Naked News Jeruselem. Previously known as Daisy Dallas but I got married recently. Eh, I'm still working because Kate is going overseas a lot so I cover for her spots for now. Yes, you ask where's Kate? She thought it might a good idea someone else take on today's broadcast at home. Don't worry, I'm here just for today. I don't plan on stealing her job. I'm just a dumbass with football anyway. So we got a real football person here, Annabelle Sallad for our team. She didn't play today, ask the coach about that one. Anyway, today it's match day 8 of World Cup 85 qualification and we had Simpralia visiting. We didn't know what to expect with them actually.

Annabelle: Hello everyone. Yeah I didn't play today. The coach loves his rotation system. He's the guy with mop on his head.
Daisy: Apologies if I stuff names, because I'm not used to doing overseas football games - or any football games in general.
Annabelle: I have no idea how Kate rattles of those names like that.
Daisy: She's multilingual, unlike you know dumbasses like me.
Annabella: Well do your best

Daisy:
Yes for the results for other games in Group 7 first before we discuss today.
Competitive Solitaire at home drew with ... umm ... Huayramarca, hope I got that one. Result 2-2 but it seems I guess Huayramarca needed the win and didn't get it.
Today was weird, there was one winner at home, bad day for home teams.
South Charlia's home advantage didn't do much as they lost to visitors Great Lausitz 2-1. That's Lausitz not sausage.
Aimena failed to impress the the home fans losing to visitors Welzat 1-0. Welzat seems to making strides of recent times but Aimena not so.
Delaclava off the bye had a sleepy loss at home, losing to Acronius who recently atoned for getting hammered 7-2 by Jeruselem at home,

Annabelle: We did have a big game today, not ours really. It was Darmen at home vs rivals Nephara. We're just trying to catch up with them. Sarzonia had the bye and had to watch other make up ground.
Daisy: Yes, it was like 1st and 2nd. Both teams were on form and no losses. Today, would be an important benchmark of who is the better team.
Annabelle: We can only hope to catch up to them.
Daisy: Yes Nephara showed who's boss, and beat Darmen 3-1. Well, that's a statement of who's in charge.
Annabella: Yes, we have to play them later. We need to beat them as well.
Daisy: We lost to Darmen so it's going be a hard game.

Annabelle: Three teams in this group aren't really competitive but the rest, they can do damage to us.
Daisy: And some are real rivals to us
Annabelle: Sarzonia too, they can't be written off.
Daisy: The game today against Simpralia. Well, we had a ground breaking 7-2 last time, we had keep up the effort.
Annabelle: Yeah, don't expect 7 goals every game hey.
Daisy: Well it was a boring 1-0 game. Still 3 points
Annabelle: We didn't let in 1 goal. That to me is progress!

Daisy: Yes, it's big chance from recent games.
Annabelle: I think it's progress. No point scoring goals and then letting in more than you score.
Daisy: Just to note, we didn't change the back line again.
Annabelle: Yes it's the one that actually worked the first time, so you shouldn't
Daisy: Not many goals?
Annabelle: Maybe we were too defensive today, but we won anyway.

Daisy:
We look at our standing now in the table. Nephara are number one on 19 points. Darmen are still looking comfortable with 16 points in 2nd spot.
Welzat make a move, 14 points to be in 3rd now. Jeruselem on lucky 13 points are now 4th.
Simpralia hold off Sarzonia both on 12, but Simpralia ahead in 5th. Sarzonia only fell behind due to the bye.
Huayramarca 11 points 7th. Acronius 10 points 8th.
Aimena 9, Competitive Solitaire 8, Delaclava 7 fallen back to 11th, Great Lausitz 6. And South Charlia 1.

Annabelle: 6 points is still a lot of headroom for those two great teams. We could fall back real quick.
Daisy: Well, a good day here. I guess it could have been better but our team didn't concede a single goal today.
Annabelle: I hope we can keep going
Daisy: I think Sarzonia is our next opponent.
Annabelle: Yes - four wins and 3 losses. They don't do draws!
Daisy: Well, 1-0 win would do
Annabelle: I'm happy just to win

OOC
Group 7
Competitive Solitaire 2–2 Huayramarca
South Charlia 1–2 Great Lausitz
Darmen 1–3 Nephara
Aimena 0–1 Welzat
Jeruselem 1–0 Simpralia
Delaclava 0–1 Acronius
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

Turori
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Cocoa-bo Press Release

Postby Turori » Sun May 31, 2020 1:29 am

Internal Comminuque AN892
Cocoa-bo External Communications Group
Lpaka, Turori

In a recent issue of the Electrumite Publication known as "The Turnip" it was described that Cocoa-bo product is comprised of "crushed up remnants of cocoabo bird feathers mixed with milk. It should be noted that the exact formula of the Cocoa-bo Delectable lines signature "Cocoa-bo" concotion is closely held and not publicly releasable. However, in light of the recent increase in media attention of the Cocoa-bo product, particularly in surrounding the comments from a person of questionable moral standing known as Sir Barsanuphius, the leadership team has approved the following bullet points for use only should they be required to 'put out a fire' that would otherwise result in negative press for the company.

• - The Cocoa-bo formula is a closesly held non-public part of the Cocoa-bo holdings
  • - (Previously un-announced, withhold if possible) Cocoa-bo does have a business relationship with the Inura Extracts company to provide select ingredients for a number of Cocoa-bo products, including its most popular signature line (Factsheet attached if needed).
  • - Cocoa-bo works closely with the Cocoabo Preservation Society to promote the wholesome well being of all Cocoabo within the Vilitan Cove and extended outlying areas.
  • - Cocoa-bo is not marketed or intended for use as a performance enhancing drug.

It should be noted that Cocoa-bo will have no direct response to any statements or accusations from the following persons or entities:
  • - Sir Barsanuphius
  • - The Turnip (Electrumite Publication)
  • - The Beet (Omerican Publication)

Unrelated to the above, Cocoa-bo is planning an increase in its advertising budget to support an increase in advertising content within "The Turnip", an Electrumite publication.

-------------- ATTACHMENTS -------------------

:: Inura Extracts

Looking to build off the success of the addictive Cocoa-bo product line, one grassroots trend amongst Turorians has begun to package itself in a way to take advantage of the craze through Inura Extracts, LLC. Claiming to specialize in all natural plant extracts source directly from the Inura Forest region of Turori, Inura Extracts has begun distributing everything from Aromatics and Spices to Dietary Supplements under the Inura Extracts moniker. While Cocoa-bo has not publically claimed a direct relationship with the company, Inura Extracts have certainly not made any attempts to distance themselves from rumors that they are sourcing their extracts from the same sources the local beverage and delectable phenoms collect the raw material for their own product lines. It has also been rumored that Inura Extracts may be supplying product or sourcing raw goods from the same locations as the Vilisorma Beverage Company, makers of Vilaye Energy Drink. While Inura Extracts have proven the ability to provide surge raw ingredients at competitive prices and on acceptable timelines, there are still some public suggestions that the Inura Extracts company and its product line are just a hoax looking to make a quick buck off trendy nutritional swings throughout the Vilitan Cove region.

<Silexhera> Why does Turori make sense? :p

Talamia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 08, 2018

Talamia vs Jerauuk match report (group 12 - matchday 8)

Postby Talamia » Sun May 31, 2020 1:52 am

Matchday 8 - Group 12
match report

Talamia 1-0 Jerauuk
Stern A'apt Image 62'‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

Talamia's line-up and players ranks vs Jeruuk.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages!
Here is Auxe Aggelia, accompanied as always by Gian Gianvilipendio, your favourite sports experts! What days we have spent! They are happy days to be a Talamian. Our national team, engaged on several fronts at the same time, has faced three games in two days. And we managed to accumulate a total of seven points in these games! But let's go in order . Right, Gian? "

"George and I agree"

"Ah right, George the butterfly. Yes, you must know that Gian and George are now inseparable. But let's continue with football. Here is a summary of our last matches:

May 29
85th World Cup Qualifiers
Aldaveria 2-2 Talamia
NSLeft Association Football Tournament
Democratic Republic of Cacusia 2-3 Talamia

May 30
85th World Cup Qualifiers
Talamia 1-0 Jeruuk

Our three intensive football days began in the best way: on the difficult Aldaveria field, our team - which lined up only the reserves because of the match in the NAFT - managed to win a wonderful 2-2 draw. With the less strong players on the field, we consider ourselves incredibly lucky, but also good, to have managed to make a point in such a difficult trip. On the same day, Pedalisismi and his team were in Laika, in the Pirotian Republic, to play the second game of the 2020 NSLeft Association Football Tournament. With the possibility of qualifying for the knockout stage with one turn in advance, the national team played to its full potential: 3-2 was the final result, after a first half dominated, a comeback comeback for the opponents, and a goals in the last minutes of the left back Calin Mestithemi. But the most surprising result came yesterday, when, despite the fatigue, our players managed to take home the second victory of these qualifications, beating Jeruuk 1-0 in our Ebdemar Au'tokra Stadium in Clinepalas! And this happened thanks to Stern A'apt's fifth goal in the qualifiers. Now Talamia is at 8 points, in tenth position. We know that we will never be able to qualify for this year, but the improvements that the guys are showing are impressive! Gian, do you have anything to add? "

"Well, there is one last big announcement that you should report to viewers"

"Ah yes, you're right. Thanks to this streak of positive results, the Talamia Sports Summaka - the governing body of all sports in our country - has decided to recognize the merits of George the Butterfly. During the game against Cacusia it was in fact announced that George will be our official mascot from now on. Happy, Gian? "

"No, Auxe. I was referring to the other announcement"

"What other announcement?"

"George and I are getting married!"

"You really can't get over the separation from Gianna, can you?"

"No, Auxe. You know I'm a fragile man"

"Okay, Gian. Don't worry. Each of us has their own weaknesses. But not Talamia these days, it seems! Our next opponents in these qualifications will be Bongo Johnson. They also have eight points, just like us, but with one game played less. We will face the next match with great confidence and George will come with us! "

"Thanks, Auxe. You are always by my side"

"And you can only follow this formidable trio and the Talamian national team here, on Pro Diorux Sports - Are you a sports devote? Pick up your TV remote!"
Last edited by Talamia on Sun May 31, 2020 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Elothera Dapeda of Talamia

A Socialist Republic, located on the east coast of the Romaxia continent, in the south-west of the Democratic Socialist Assembly

Delaclava
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Sun May 31, 2020 2:03 am

WCQ, Match 7: What's wrong with the Phoenixes?

by Frank Cora, Senior Football Writer

Just a matter of days ago, the Delaclava football team walked off the pitch in Jeruselem with their heads held high. They had held tough all game, scored a late goal and walked off with a big 3-3 draw. The players were overjoyed, the fans at the stadium and back home all celebrated, and it looked like the Phoenixes would have a shot at amassing some points against teams who weren't as tough as the one they'd just stood with.

Yesterday could not have been more of a letdown. The Phoenixes got in front of an eager home crowd at DENFO Stadium in Salem, against Acronius, a squad who was underperforming even its world rank of 75th. Acronius picked up a penalty kick in the 37th minute on a dubious Valentin Gusev foul - Gusev in his first game back from injury - and the Phoenixes offense never so much as mounted a challenge to get that goal back, nor did they seem particularly concerned with doing so. For whatever reason, there was no belief even in the early stages of the game, and the performance was so lackluster that a full cheering crowd was merely a smattering of people 90 minutes later, booing their team off the field.

"That was really disappointing," captain Keaton Durbridge told reporters after the game. "I can't say I really blame them for reacting the way they did. They're a passionate bunch, and they were pissed that we didn't have the same fire."

"Fire" is an apt description of what Delaclava lacked. There was no sense of urgency. After the penalty, Delaclava had 53 minutes of gameplay to realise they were down a goal and do something about it. Sure, that's a lot of time to work with, but there was never an "oh shit" moment where the Phoenixes found themselves with almost all the time gone and snapped into action. They were resigned to lose while the score was still 0-0.

So what was the big problem? After Durbridge admitted his team was not ready to go, he got asked why, and had little of an answer. "Sometimes you just have those games, I guess? We're going to keep working every day to get better."

Uh, no. This is a team who can hang with a top-50 squad - the time to not even show up or try, if it ever existed, is over. And if this squad is working every day to get better, just what exactly happened in the days between the Jeruselem and Acronius matches?

It is the fifth time in 26 games the Phoenixes have failed to score a goal in regulation - an alarming stat for a squad that prides itself on its offense. They have averaged just 1.54 goals per game in the same time frame. Not even Lukas Meyer could find a way to penetrate a defense who had allowed 18 goals in its first seven qualifying games. Admittedly, they have picked up the pace recently - with 16 goals through the first six games, not counting the Acronius result.

But the tactics have been designed to generate high-scoring games. Manager Tim Landers has even said of the formation, "We'd rather win 4-3 than 1-0. Hell, we'd rather lose 4-3 than 1-0." Well, for goodness' sake, lose 4-3, or 4-2, or really anything that at least shows the Phoenixes have an answer when the other team puts up resistance. Instead, it was a flaccid performance against another team who wasn't much better-equipped to walk out with a win.

Some may see this as an overreaction based on one match. After all, progress is rarely linear, especially for a squad that is still unranked and facing many different styles and squads for the very first time. Spectacular performances like the draw against Jeruselem will be balanced with flops, and the idea is to eventually have more of the former.

But unfortunately, this has been a pattern for the Phoenixes this season. At AOCAF, they drew against Cosumar 2-2 in just their second game - and then proceeded to go on a four-game losing skid that knocked them out of both AOCAF and the Wonder Cup. They then won five games in a row in the Wonder Cup consolation bracket, and that was supposed to a turning point as well. Instead, they lost nine of their next ten games. And just in the recent past, this Delaclava squad played its best match and immediately followed it up with its worst. So far, the Phoenixes have taken each potential launching pad and instead jumped right off the platform. That is not progress. That is insanity.

The question has to be asked - what can be done differently? The Delaclava FA cannot continue to look at this start-and-stop development and think this is optimal, or even adequate. In some respects, the talent pool is the talent pool, although perhaps more could be done in that area. But one could argue that even the original gathering sent to AOCAF was not perfectly done. Of the 22 players on that original roster, six saw little playing time and were cut from the squad. Three of the starters from the past few games - the starting lineup against Acronius was the same as the lineup against Jeruselem, except for Gusev taking his center back spot from Zane Davis - were not even on the roster to open up AOCAF.

Two of them, keeper Jared Thompson and striker Declan Mullins, previously played on the Verceolan national team, were in the available talent pool for the first selection, and must have been known not only for their experience but for their continued skill and fitness. Yet somehow they were initially passed over. The third, defensive midfielder Brent Ritchie, has been outstanding in the past few games, and arguably the Delaclav man of the match against Acronius - to the extent that the defense should be given credit for allowing a single goal. Where was he while we watched the likes of Chris Lang and Ryan Keating struggle in the middle? The DFA must be doing a comprehensive survey of the talent that exists in the vast Delaclav lands, and send along any viable options.

Yet there exists some clear talent in this roster - Meyer, Taeshani star Rhydian Campbell, Gusev, speedy outside back Pavel Cicak, Durbridge. At what point do you look at Landers and say that he has not properly assembled the parts he's been giving into a well-running machine? When the Phoenixes keep letting down after strong games or streaks, is it fair to decide that Landers is responsible for not keeping his team motivated and moving forward? Fair or not, it may be coming anyway. Whatever the reason, the Phoenixes have lost 10 of their last 13 matches - and the DFA would be negligent to allow the state of affairs to remain much longer.

There was one other hint Durbridge gave in the post-match scrum: "There's some internal stuff, morale-wise, that we're trying to deal with. It's been a learning curve in that regard."

First of all, hopefully it's nothing serious. But it's an obvious sign that the honeymoon phase is over. These players are all fortunate enough to have traveled around the world, played football, and enjoyed the local cultures, all on someone else's dime. The novelty has passed, and the players are left with the reality of poor results, presumably with a healthy dose of team drama as they learn how to co-exist. But now is not the time to sulk or self-pity, to argue or fight. The Phoenixes have a professional duty to work hard and work smart, and figure out how to win football games. Presumably, they have all done it at some point in their careers - school, club, college, the domestic leagues. The quality level and stakes are higher than ever, but still not so high that they can't get it done.

Delaclava next travels to play Simpralia, who is currently fifth in the group and only four points out of qualifying, despite a mediocre 4-0-4 record. There's nothing to really expect from the Phoenixes squad - maybe the team from the games against Jeruselem, Cosumar, and Northwest Kalactin will show up; maybe the squad who faced Acronius, Quebec, and Jeckland will take the pitch.

But I think here's a reasonable expectation - at least for the rest of qualifiers, this Delaclava team needs to show improvement, whether wholesale or in one specific regard, for every single match. If they can do that for the next seventeen games, they likely will not qualify for this World Cup, but they will at least show that it's a realistic expectation in the near future.

If they cannot manage to at least look better than the day before, especially in a fight to qualify for the biggest tournament in the world - this team cannot remain as the team.

Delaclava 0–1 Acronius

ACR, Rank Coasting FTW (pen.) 37'.

Delaclava Lineup - Thompson; Cicak, Gusev (Davis 46'), Joseph; Girardi (Sash 83'), Ritchie, Durbridge; Campbell; Ingram, Mullins (Howard 72'), Meyer.
Last edited by Delaclava on Sun May 31, 2020 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sports Honor Roll
Football: 2x WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONS (13 & 15), 1x Runner-up (11), 4x Third Place (41-44), 1x Regional Champions
Hockey: World Cup 16 Third Place, 2x World Juniors Champion (18 & 22), 3x World Junior Runners-up (16, 17, 19), 1x Regional Silver
Basketball: 2x IBC Runners-up (31 and 36), 4x Regional Medal (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
Lacrosse: 2x Worlds Runners-up (16 and 41) 1x Regional Silver
Soccer: Olympic Gold (V), 3rd at IAC 18 3rd at Di Bradini Cup 15, 4th at Baptism of Fire 34
Host of WC 55; CoH 44, 46, 84, and 87; BoF 72; World Bowl 11, 15, 39, and 43; IBC 7 and 31; AOCAF 31; WJHC 16 and 18; etc. Founder of Scott Cup and World Team Tennis Championship.

Gopnikea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Gopnikea » Sun May 31, 2020 2:24 am

Floyssauu - Gopnikea
Result: 2 - 2
Possession: 39% / 61%
Goals:
Gopnikea: (Lowrie 67', 79')

Gopnikea has once again broke its losing streak by managing with a tie. The Precists are relieved. John Lowrie scores with his famous cut in, assisted by Treyhon. Lowrie and Treyhon make a good combo. At the 79th minute, Gronthell sprints up the left wing and attempts to score, however, the ball is blocked by Floyssauu's keeper. The ball still makes its way in the net as Lowrie volleys the ball in almost immediately after.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sun May 31, 2020 3:05 am

THE EMPIRE TIMES

Eagles Snatch It Late In Seven Goal Thriller

The Blouman Empire managed to secure their first win of the qualifiers thanks to two late goals to secure the victory at Kings Park

In an entertaining first half, Brad Hunter scored twice while Monglechabagd had two scorers with a goal each. Monglechabagd took the lead on 62 minutes only for the hosts to fight back in the closing stages. Paul Credab and Substitute Oliver Eastall scored in successive minutes to seal all three points for the Empire. The victory for Lewis Parry’s side gives them their first win of the qualifiers and pushes them up to tenth. Meanwhile Monglechabagd remain at the bottom of the table and the only team in the group to not notch up a win.

The game set off at a frenetic pace and Monglechabagd, had already narrowly missed two chances and then fell behind to Hunter’s first goal of the game - a cool finish after being sent clear by Nathanial Launzel who was making his first international appearance. But Monglechabagd struck back almost immediately with a header home after a superb corner was sent into the box. Monglechabagd then took the lead through a fantastic, curling effort only for Hunter to net his second of the game to level the scores shortly before half-time.

Monglechabagd started the second half strong and looked to have scored a goal early on but it was ruled out by the video assistant referee for a foul during build up play. Despite the setback they were not to be denied for long, as they finished off a lightning counter-attack, slotting the ball past Henry Polinoir, after another attempt had rebounded off the post. The away side then took control of the match after their third goal, holding onto possession and limiting the Eagles chances, only for the game to burst into an explosive finale. Oliver Eastall had the ball in the net with his first touch after coming on in the 72nd minute, only for it to be called offside by the linesman, but he soon drew his side level, calmly stroking it home in the 82nd minute. Only seconds later the Eagles had their winner, as Credab rose high to head Hunter’s cross into the far corner to seal a memorable three points for his side.

The win is the first for the Empire and will give the team a much needed boost of confidence as they play the top three sides over the next five games. But despite the win there will be much work to still be done especially in the back line after letting in three goals by a team that had only scored five in their previous six matches will give Parry something to work on and think about as he looks to limit the goal scoring threats posed by the top three
Last edited by Blouman Empire on Sun May 31, 2020 3:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Sun May 31, 2020 3:30 am

This is the Krytenian response to the detonation of the Mega Bomba. The blast zone is close enough to Krytenian territory for them to be concerned; as far as they're aware, however, the Quebecois are acting alone.

COPS - Co-Ordinated Positioning System - is an array of satellites in geosynchronous orbit around Atlantian Oceania. Officially a GPS system, the Krytenian military worked with the Space Agency to add high-resolution photography, thermal imaging, and chemical spectrography data.

Desert Research Outpost Capricorn, south-eastern Ibex
Paul Hansen looked at the needle twitching on the seismograph, and checked his instruments.
"Hmm, that's unusual...STEVE!"
Steven Grimshaw, resident seismologist, looked at the readings. "That is unusual, Paul. Certainly a minor seismic effect, but the patterns don't match an earthquake."
"What could it be, then?"
"Something man-made. An explosion, maybe, extra-terrestrial impact..."
"Aliens?!?"
"Meteor. We'd need some more information. I'll call HQ, see what they have."

Desert Research Central Office, Wilson Campus, University of Ousevale
"Good morning, KDRSO, Macy speaking. How may I help?"
"It's Dr. Grimshaw at Outpost Capricorn here. We've got a seismic event, non-fault, need more data. Is Dr. Donald there?"
"One second, I'll get him."
"Dr. John Donald speaking."
"John, it's Steve at Capricorn. We had a minor seismic event, doesn't look like a quake. We're looking for some data to ascertain where this came from."
"I'll get right on it."
John searched through his data instruments. Atmospheric interference, electromagnetic activity, base radiation...
"Oh crap."

Krytenian Army Base, Wick
Sargeant Liam Dauphin rushed into the command office.
"Brigadier Bright? Sorry to disturb, sir, we've just had a report in from KDRSO in Ousevale. Think you may need to take a look."
Brigadier James Bright looked over the report.
"This is concerning, if it's correct. Sargeant, do not divulge what's in this report, understood?"
"Sir."
"Thank you, Sargeant. Dismissed."
Sargeant Dauphin saluted and left. The Brigadier, meanwhile, logged into the COPS remote access archive on his computer, and entered the time and co-ordinates. COPS' photographic and telemetry data left him in no doubt; a thermonuclear device had been detonated in Terra Henricus. It looked like a controlled explosion...were the Quebecois testing weapons, and if so, why? These were questions that were not here to answer. He called the Ministry of Defence, and submitted his findings.

Sometime later, Portland House, Emberton
"Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime Minister of Krytenia."
PM Charles Linton took to the lectern.
"People of Krytenia, our defence forces have found today evidence of the testing of a thermonuclear weapon in the Quebecois territory of Terra Henricus. Though we understand that what a nation does with its own sovereign territory is their own concern, the release of a nuclear weapon in reasonably close proximity to Krytenia's borders, without our prior knowledge, is an act we cannot leave alone. Should any further tests take place in Terra Henricus without Krytenian assent, the Government will seek sanctions against those involved. Military action may also be considered. Rest assured, the safety and security of the Krytenian people is at the centre of our actions. Thank you."
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sun May 31, 2020 3:34 am

The Daily Boing

Baggieland 2 – 2 95X FT (0 – 2 HT)

Baggieland caused the upset of the tournament so far, being the first team to take points of 95X. Whereas the first half was dominated by the away side, the Throstles came out for the second period with all guns blazing to earn a point that few predicted as the game kicked off.

As the first half began, 95X were in total control of the game. They dominated possession and territory giving the over-worked Throstles little time to even breathe. Their relentless pressure was rewarded midway through the opening period when they scored the first goal of the game. Many expected the floodgates to open after that, and things were looking ominous for Baggieland when the 95Xers got their second goal as the half wore on. Some desperate defending and moments of good fortune meant that there was only a two goal deficit at half time.

Whatever Fred Buckingham said to his players during the interval, it should be bottled and sold. Baggieland came out for the second half unrecognisable from the team that had left the field some 15 minutes earlier. They refused be bossed around by 95X, started passing the ball through and around the opposition players and were creating some exquisite attacking moves of their own. The stadium erupted in the 64th minute when Moore passed the ball out to Livermore, he in turn found Bomber who expertly slid the ball into the path of Richardson. Everyone was expecting Richardson to shoot, but instead he laid it back to Bomber. This deft play did the trick and Bomber smashed the ball into the back of the net. After that, Baggieland pressed and pressed for an equaliser, McAuley headed against the woodwork from one of Brunt’s corners. Regis was one-on-one with the keeper, but the keeper won that particular battle. 95X also had a couple of chances in the second half, but the half definitely belonged to Baggieland. They got what they deserved in the 88th minute with a spectacular, yet unexpected goal. After dealing with an attack by 95X, Moore came out with the ball, the centreback, who is not known for scoring goals, slowly dribbled the ball forward. The away side, waiting for Moore to pass to someone else who would be more likely to score, allowed him to inch ever more closer to their goal. Moore was now just outside the penalty box, and still no one came to tackle him, he then decided to have a crack at goal himself and the ball flew into the bottom left corner of the goal, beyond the reach of the keeper. The crowd went wild and despite a last ditch effort from 95X, the game ended in a draw, which felt more like a moral victory to Baggieland.

Baggieland stats:

Scorers:
Bomber Robson: (64’).
John Moore: (88’).

Possession: 48%.
Corners: 5.

Tournament scorers:
Jeff Richardson: 4.
Bomber Robson: 4.
Ronnie Regis: 2.
Ray Brunt: 1.
John Moore: 1.

International goals:
Jeff Richardson: 8.
Bomber Robson: 4.
Ray Brunt: 3.
Ronnie Regis: 3.
Jonas McAuley: 1.
Chris Barlow: 1.
John Moore: 1.

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Chapter 3a: Starting anew

Postby PotatoFarmers » Sun May 31, 2020 3:44 am

Dangaropa, Greater Honas, Gikash, Poafmersia
For Dury FC, they never expected that Bikarish, of all clubs, would want to snipe Alex Hoboson. Probably it is due to his performance in the national team. Probably it is because they are looking for a replacement for Pasits Rikachz, who has been making a number of mistakes over the past season. Regardless, the call was unexpected, and now Dury FC has a problem on their hands.
The contract offer for Alex is too good to resist. A 100k increase in yearly salary is a very large thing in Poafmersia, and Alex is already earning 325k a year, one of the highest in the club. Although Alex hasn't been informed of the contract offer, considering that his agent wants to wait till the qualifiers enters its last stage before telling him, his agent already knows that the offer cannot be resisted. When the Dury FC manager, Sadi That, heard that news from the club captain's agent, he knew that holding Alex back would be a tough battle.
Make no mistake - Alex is definitely a homegrown talent, and one that Dury FC treasures so much that Sadi has given him the position of captain at a young age of 24. However, Dury FC does find the T$12 million offer too good to resist, and feels like it is possible to cash in on the player if the player shows any indication of move. That is - if Alex wants to move. From Bikarish's point of view, they are willing to put in any amount of money to lure him over. The match against The Grearish Union made Alex had as many starts as Pasits, though Pasits started the match against Filindostan and will likely start against Shokpos. However, that threat of overtaking Pasits on the number of caps has sent the Bikarish hierarchy screaming. They would want to take him before a foreign club decides to lay their hands on such a talented young defender.

Meanwhile, the National League is deciding what to do following the departure of 4 semi-professional clubs due to mergers or closures. Doria Country FC has decided to merge with Doria United, and they aim to turn professional in 2 years. Hajahs Hohak has decided to fold at the end of Season 2, following an agreement with its players which decided that they would move to other semi-professional clubs, while Nakarish and Nadari have declared bankrupt. This has thrown previously agreed relegation/promotion criteria into chaos, and also made the current FA Cup format unworkable. Entry lists have to be adjusted, though the PFFA has not agreed how the change would occur. They would be hosting a meeting soon to decide how the leagues would be changed.

Next Starting 11: Sandi Jaliaha; Alex Pickford, Pasits Rikachz, Danzik Hoboson (c), Denise Pickford; Gisiik Moonar, Goon Figsh, Daas Taisg; Joel Haodao, Shakira Handris, Pete Carisa
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Sun May 31, 2020 3:51 am

Centralis Herald - Sports Section - Stewart Faraday

Method to the madness?

Another week, another one-all draw against a top seed team. Despite negative coverage from satirical newspaper The Turnip, Lboaisa Akarelm will be feeling quite relieved that The Bolts have quietly exceeded expectations, now sitting mid-table despite several cycles away from the fray. Akarelm should be applauded for forming and training an entirely new team, with unfamiliar players, in such a short time period. With one-all draws against top tier teams Free Republics and Ethane, there seems to be hope that Electrum will return to the World Cup Finals sooner than expected. The pony may have already bolted for this cycle however, with a third of the matches over, Electrum remains six points below the front-runners.

So what's changed? How did these one-all miracles arise after our shocking 4-zip loss at the Soracana Islands? Match experience. The national team has started to really gel together, despite the team having to accommodate for a seemingly bewildering number of issues that arise from having extra-dimensional creatures. An example: How does one plan a set piece when one of your players is literally a large egg-shaped stone? The timings must change, because of the asymmetrical movement caused by ovoid locomotion. Akarelm's solution? A big ol' egg-shaped rolling being (henceforth referred to Egg) starts set pieces upside down - leveraging the top-heavy weight of its upturned body and gravity, the egg rapidly moves towards the ball, flinging it towards the goal. Assistant coaching staff Risa Shigaraki and Jemima Bryant were purportedly using a simulator equipped with the realPhysics engine, with computational power provided graciously by The Computator.

We saw that technique in action last week in our match against Free Republics. The Republicans were on their way to a 1-0 victory at the Centralis Arena, with 21-year-old striker Kalervo Peltola scoring a goal early in the first half. A corner kick by our very own Nindethana set it up very nicely for Egg, who after gaining momentum from rotating after being upside down, flicked the ball into the top-left corner of the goal, far out the reach of Sergeyev, who was stupefied at the event. Of course, the Republicans were furious at the event, insisting that Egg's touch was a handball, given that the ball would have touched Egg's hands if it did have hands, but of course, no handball penalty could be awarded because Egg had no hands to begin with - just a smooth surface. Such was the speed and momentum generated by the Egg, that the flick caused a sizeable divot in the grass - one that will need fixing before our next match at Centralis Arena next week.

This week, the Electrumites travelled to Ethane and drew one-all once again. This time, it was the Electrumites who took the initiative and took the early lead with midfielder Einarsson, King of the Armoured Bears in his home universe, nimbly dribbling the ball past several Ethanians before gracefully crossing the ball over to McCourtney, who sealed the deal, immediately quieting the New Sarum crowd. The Electrumites held on to their 1-0 for as long as they possibly could - an away win would have been much appreciated points-wise, but it was not to be. The Flying Custard of the 5th Dimension, known for being passionately angry at times, unhelpfully slammed itself into the face of Ethanian striker Declan Smith, disintegrating itself and causing a red card. Although the dispute between the two players is still unknown, it seems that Smith had the last laugh. With the Electrumites down to ten, Smith shrugged off the incident with a few quick wipes to his face. The crowd was awakened by the sickening display of unsportsmanlike conduct, and with the Electrumites down a defender, they could smell blood in the water. Indeed, there was no way Electrum could stop the smug Smith saving the day for the Ethanians with an easy equaliser.

With The Computator's insistence that some of Electrumite's older players be retired - despite not having aged since the World Cup 80 qualifiers due to being stuck in the time loop - in favour for these extradimensional creatures, it seems that there are some exciting times ahead for the Electrumite national football team. No one is complaining that Electrum is playing its usual brand of boring football because of the unique and diverse skill-set each of the new creatures brings to the team.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Sun May 31, 2020 4:49 am

Taeshan 0-0 South Covello
Atlantea Coliseum, Atlantea, Taeshan

The Call I Couldn’t Make

The first call I wanted to make the night we qualified for the World Cup was to my mom. The big problem was that was impossible. My mom had died only three years before we did it. Before I became a national team starter, before I had won a title with Laketown Rangers. Before anything had really happened in my career. My mom was one of my best friends growing up. We spent hours playing card games, board games, hanging out with stuffed animals. I grew up mostly around my mom, my sisters were in high school when I was in elementary school. They weren’t around much. My dad worked second shift, so I only really saw him on weekends, but me and my mom we were always together.

As a kid it was really easy to tell that I was my mom’s son. We looked so much alike. The hair, the face, the smile. I grew up essentially as a mini me. I spent a lot of my life rebelling against my mom, but I also spent a lot of my life with my mom, car drives just the two of us to go shopping. Books, games, you name it, my mom spoiled me. Ask anyone I was her favorite. I got to be her favorite for 21 years. The last conversation I had with my mom was about moving home after school. But that never really happened. I moved away for a few years, went on loan across the world. I came back as much as I could, but it was like everything changes, and nothing could really get us on the same page.

Before I left, I remember all the fights. I remember storming out on various times, and shortly before I left, a few months before I signed the loan agreement, she told me she wished I was leaving already. See my mom had also gotten sick in this time. Life was hard for her. My mom had been an amazing teacher at the local schools. She was loved by many, but she had a lung disease, much like I did, but she had it much worse. It made it easier for her to have strokes, she was in and out of nursing homes for much of my teenage years. She was forced to retire, and it seemed like everyone was worse. I got off with a minor portion of the disease, she had one of the worst cases the doctors had ever really seen.

I was away when it got even worse. I came home a few times and she had her own hospital bed, every time it seemed like she got better there was a setback. Every time she would end up in the hospital again and I’d come home on a visit she was worse and worse. Some days she wouldn’t even leave the bed. The amount my dad and my sisters sacrificed to take care of her while I was off following my dream…My mom just kept getting worse.

As time went on and her health deteriorated, I distinctly remember the penultimate time I spent a night there before she died. It was Christmas. I came over the night of and we had our traditional Christmas Eve gift ceremony, and everyone was happy. But then that night, I couldn’t sleep at all. The whole night the pain my mom was clearly in in the room across the hall. The crying, the shouts for help. My dad doing his best to take care of her. Then the next day at the family Christmas dinner with her parents and siblings, my cousins, asking where my parents were.

I remember saying “We didn’t get any sleep last night, she’s in a lot of pain”. But I remember most of all the looks around the table. The looks of people who had no idea what my mom was going through, or my dad, or my family. The looks of people who no longer talked to my mom as much because it was so hard. The looks of people who were already jaded against the position my mom was in. The looks I really felt like I had the night before listening to my mom whimpering.

I’d like to say I did a better job of being a son after that moment. That I spent more time with my mother in her last 6 months. But that would be a lie. I’d like to say that, but I only went and spent token time with her. I saved face; I couldn’t bear to be around her. Everyone in my life would have understand, but hey bills to pay, people to see. What could be more important in life than the almighty dollar. The strive for what is right.

My mom got to see my graduate college. She got to see me walk. I may play soccer for a living, but I got an education. My mom tried to get me to come see her, and it would have been so easy for me to do so. But I didn’t spend as much time there as I wish I had. The precious moments that honestly, I would give so much for now. Then I went down one last weekend to help out, one last weekend…But you never know it is there last weekend until after they die. Even if you are lucky enough to know, that’s never a great moment.

I got the phone call on a Monday night. “Hey, you need to come to the Hospital”. Every time before it was hey, she’s in the hospital again. But this wasn’t a question. This was a “Hey, mom is dying”. I got one of my friends to go with me. And I drove to the hospital. I walked up and saw all my crying family members, some of her closest friends, and I had to say goodbye. You never get to say goodbye to a dying person, they don’t know they’re dying usually. They don’t know they are dead. You do. It’s hard to say goodbye when the other person can’t hear you. It’s hard to say I love you when they are alive, but it’s harder to say I love you when they are not.

My mom was a Girl Scout Leader. My mom was a Music Teacher. My mom was a chorus director. My mom was my best friend. My mom was always there for me. My mom was a voice I could hear in my head. My mom was strong. My mom was a gamer. My mom was a reader. My mom was a writer. My mom was a laugher. My mom was happy. My mom is my hero.

Daigo Coshan
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Emastalia
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Emastalia » Sun May 31, 2020 5:15 am

Emastalia 3-3 Qvardax
Scorers: Obinna(13), Aaldenburg(25), Striker??(31), Midfielder??(46), Striker(67), Aaldenburg(85)

Overview: An interesting match as the enviroment and atmosphere in Peacock Stadium, Emastalia was astronomical. Emastalia managed to pull off an early 2-0 lead with incredible and insatiable goals from Obinna and Aaldenburg but by the 46th minute tied with the Vardians as the team kept up an impressive and equally matched style of play. They pulled forward in the 67th minute with a lead of 3-2, but Aaldenburg managed to score one more goal to tie the game in the 85th Min. It is clear Aaldenburg is a fine replacement for Alden as Robert Avenard fills in the other CF role. [b]Our team has now switched to a 3.5 Style and is now pretty aggressive and constantly on the attack due to our manager changing the team style of play ever since our loss to Quebec.

Starting XI for next match:
GK: Richard Llynn
LB: Alexandre Phillips
CB: Astas De Vries
CB: Donald Louivereau
RB: Anders Vanderbilt
CM: John Mathieu
CM: Richard Pouveire
LM: Sean Gillapi
RM: Elijah Obinna
CF: Robert Avénard
CF: Jamus Aaldenburg

The Jovannic
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Jovannic » Sun May 31, 2020 5:37 am

The Emperors secure win over Sanctanus

The Jovannic have defeated Sanctanus in a tight match that came down to the wire. Let's have a summary.

The match started off well for The Jovannic, with some good plays and close calls. The first goal came from Sanctanus out of the blue, but The Jovannic managed to equalise quickly with a magnificent cross by Nivario Wesh into the feet of Ianu Fathe, who slotted it in in the 39th minute. The second half started with Jovannic dominance, with the attack pounding the Sanctanus defense. In the 65th minute, it payed off as Sami Ning fooled the defense to net his 2nd goal in two games. Stocktain Lelop finished the job in the 78th minute with a well placed goal. Sanctanus scored a consolation in the final minutes. This match pits The Jovannic back in actual contention for the WC places. "We did well. We pressed well, passed well, shot well. My boys did good, and we have a chance against Adyatin"

Ratings
Mavin Tsuniki 6/10
Maruo Mulchaio 6/10
Raye Eng 7/10
Kallin Yustat 6/10
Nivario Wesh 7/10
Stocktain Lelop 7/10
Jin Tze 6/10
Rivilia Yunsala 7/10
Sami Ning 9/10
Ianu Fathe 7/10
Jovan Ilohil 6/10

The Jovannic's next match is against Adyatin, who had a bye this matchday. It will be a though match, but our fans will hope for a good showing.
ALL HAIL THE JOVANNIC!!!

Sporting Achievements:
1st:
2nd:
3rd: 3rd Jenna Raven Cup, Mike Sarzo Memorial Trophy
4th: NS World Cup of Masters I
Semi-finals: IFC1
Honourable Mentions: Olympic Sliver Medal in Football (XIV Olympiad)

Charging forward to return to glory! (II)
Cricket ranking: ??
Football Ranking: 202

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Sun May 31, 2020 6:10 am

Darmen 1 - 3 Nephara
(4-4-2) 1 - Mercator; 2 - Stride (18 - Longship 82'), 5 - Thorn, 6 - Brosch, 3 - Close (c); 13 - Saroszi (7 - Kuepper 74'), 4 - Shone (15 - Kastriot 63'), 21 - Moxham, 11 - Strongbow; 9 - Bastable, 10 - Metzger
Goals: Metzger 21', Bastable 40', Kuepper 84'

Whenever a qualifying group is drawn, the fixture to circle is always when the second seed hosts the first - and that goes double when that's the first of their matches. Darmen and Nephara had gone off to identical near-flawless starts, green-clad Rushmori enforcers of either stripe laying waste to the group. For Darmen, victory would be a serious statement of intent, and a massive and unexpected three-point boost towards securing qualification. For Nephara, victory here basically meant the group was sealed and Huayramarca would be forgotten. It was not a truly free hit for Darmen, either; they were big and tough enough to have legitimate expectations on their shoulders.
History, for whatever it was worth, was on Nephara's side. The Cormorants remained unbeaten by the Darmeni across a surprising number of match-ups, but history meant nothing. The Darmeni were unlikely to let the sword of Damocles hang overhead, so the Nepharim had no reason to be complacent. Complacence would mean death.
The thing that immediately stood out about the Darmeni starting XI was that Craig Blackwood had more than twice the number of international goals as the other ten put together. They were a well-ordered attack, but they had a certain predictability to them. The first option was always going to be to try to hit Blackwood. Lucky for the Cormorants, then, that they had one of the premier central defensive partnerships in international football. Arguably the best. Thorn and Brosch were in the peak of their careers, turning out every week for top clubs, and best of all they shared a genuine understanding of each other over the years.
So what happens when you get two physically-inclined sides in a pressure-cooker environment with high stakes and a tangible atmosphere of expectation? You get violence.

A very noble, proud violence from Darmen, a brash, thuggish violence from the marchers. Naturally, the WCC sent a stern, no-nonsense referee, someone who actually made a specific note of being sure Campo and Mercator both understood the six-second handling rule. Thirteen minutes in, Kerr Ramirez got a caution for going in hard on Moxham. The fans did not approve of that call. Four minutes later, when Tawny Shone bundled down danger man Svendsen in much the same manner, she was given the same punishment. The Darmeni fans, naturally inclined to be fair, grumbled at that, too.
This presented an issue for Strauss. The high press was integral to how the Cormorants played, how they had basically always played, despite how difficult it was to orchestrate even at club level. And to execute it effectively, you needed to go in hard and be ready to go in unfair. Shone was a brutal little cynic, and needed to shield unmolested by the Laws of the Game. Nevertheless, what was Strauss going to do? Taking her off in the first half would be seen as an insult, and anyway, she--
She had not even got as far as resolving for good to stay the course before it had paid dividends. Avidan Tobias made the one fatal error of what would otherwise be an excellent game, a lax trap to receive Stafford's pass compounded by skipping a step, already looking up towards his next pass without actually securing the reception, allowing himself to be blindsided by Chimera Moxham, who dug the ball out from under his feet. It came to Shone, Shone passed across to Close basically just to buy Moxham time to pivot and shift forward, which she did, and Close found her running forward in the new space - here comes Kerr Ramirez, inadvisedly hard and it might be better just to fling yourself down to the ground and hope for the red, but that isn't how Nepharim worked and certainly isn't how Moxham worked when there was blood in the water. She found Bastable going wide, trying to avoid scrutiny, rewarded it with the pass, and it was quickly and sharply cut across goal and Metzger was there to thump it home. A vicious counterattack.
The second would be in a similar vein. The Darmeni had to push forward and despite shots of moderate danger from Svendsen and Stafford that could, on a bad day for Mercator, have slipped by, the Cormorants were happy to let them. Happy in large part because it opened up spaces, and if they had space, they had Strongbow dropping a cross on Bastable's head at the near post for 2-0.
Saroszi almost made it three. Then Bastable came closer, forcing Campo into a spectacular, sprawling deflection of a save that took a freakish bounce behind him and crashed against the upright. Metzger actually did convert the rebound for that, but only after elbowing di Stefano in the eyes to shake off his pursuit - this finally won the referee some redemption in Darmeni eyes, and was begrudgingly accepted by Nepharan ones. Still. Something had to change.

Something did change.
A subtle shift, but 'stop playing into their hands' didn't have to be loud to be more effective. Patience was a friend to the Darmeni. Let their numbers in midfield tell. Let home soil be a friend to them. Let the Cormorants rack up cards - they did, with Saroszi, Thorn and Close all finding themselves in the book - and wear themselves out probing for breaks that would not arrive.
The one flaw in this was that the Nepharim were 2-0 up. They could have just parked the bus, and it was the obvious thing to let them. And that was when Viedharr Svendsen pounced. Already he had set up MacPharlain for a shot that ultimately went straight down Mercator's throat; already he had shaved the outside of the post with a scything strike. Now, with Shone giving him more space than she'd really have liked to, and would have, without the card, Svendsen spun clear onto the edge of the box, opened up and fired low past Mercator, Blackwood's far-post run a mere distraction.
2-0 was not the most dangerous scoreline, provided you were not an idiot and took the opportunity to reflect at 2-1 on what went wrong. Shone was hooked, a couple minutes after the goal so everyone could pretend it wasn't just about the goal, with the steadier Kastriot brought on. He picked a great time to have a near-flawless game, restoring calm wherever he went compared to Shone's more restless energy. Suddenly, the game felt almost placid. Perhaps an overcorrection. Saroszi hadn't done much; Kuepper, again, was a different kind of weapon, more a drifter than a driver. The payoff there would be more obvious still.
It came to a head after an extended period of boredom where the Nepharan back line held firm and Mercator plucked optimistic strikes out of the air. The Cormorants hadn't seen a lot of the ball lately, but Kastriot eased it out from under Svendsen's feet and got it moving again. Moxham trotted left again, played a clever one-two with Strongbow before releasing her down the left, and suddenly there was space-- no, Spalding beat her to the pass and hooked it away, but Moxham stretched to tip it away from Tobias, too, and then it had spilled clear for ... what was Rovena Stride doing here? It hardly mattered, she'd drifted naturally into space, and that gave her the privilege to see Kuepper overlapping her. She drilled a pass to her, past the veteran substitute Goldschmidt. One shimmer of the hips, sliding inside with a movement unlike the direct Saroszi had, was enough to throw off Espinosa for the half-second it took to drag a low strike past Campo into the corner.
3-1, job done. But even in the simplest win there's depth, if you start to peel off the layers. Both sides would be revisiting this footage for weeks to come, and with their eyes on the return leg in Sabrefell.
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Sun May 31, 2020 6:22 am

Two Penalties Take Down HUElavia!

HUElavia 0-2 Xanneria
(Bonchek 29', 84')

HUElavia came into matchday 8 with a lot of anticipation. Playing against their most direct opponent for the World Cup Qualification, Xanneria, at the Estadio Nacional in Curumba, with optimism that this was going to be a good game. The match was sold-out for weeks heading into the match, and it was viewed as "Evens," with the game likely to fall in favor to either side. Both teams used their best XI for the match, hoping to take control of the match and give a boost in points. This was HUElavia's first game at Estadio Nacional since the debacle of the IAC 9 Final.

The first half kicked off, and both teams went at each other in attacking waves, but very cautious passes and crosses in order to avoid losing the ball and going into a counterattack. Many chances were taken by both HUElavia and Xanneria, but excellent goalkeeping by both Lobato and Brabham kept the scoreline at 0-0. The first notable event would come in the 26th minute, when Alirome tried to go for a cross, and the ball hit the arm of Amaru by accident. The referee was hesitant to call for a Penalty, but VAR was used and the ball had hit Amaru's hand, giving away for a Penalty Kick. Bonchek came up and shot the kick, with Lobato getting a hand to it, but not enough to stop the goal, making it 0-1 for the visitors. HUElavia went on the attack once more, playing with more intensity in order to get a tying goal. Although, they lucked out, as their chances was snuffed out by the Xannerian defense, and the referee blew the whistle after 3 minutes of additional time, the scoreline reading at 0-1.

The second half kicked off and both teams now were playing with more attacks and trying to not allow the other team get a chance to get the ball. In the 55th minute, Brabham would suffer a ball to the face that would cause him to have a nosebleed and was subbed off for Walters, who took his place. Despite the attacks, Lobato and Walters both played stellar, giving acrobatic saves while either catching the ball or putting them out to a corner kick. Shots were taken left and right, with balls being saved, hitting the bar or going out for goal kicks. Although, HUElavia would once again make a mistake, as a corner kick saw Toni grabbing the shirt of Leymore, which the referee did not hesitate this time to call a Penalty Kick. Toni was awarded a Yellow Card for the egregious foul, which the crowd booed for that idiotic move. Bonchek stepped up once more in the 84th minute, and shot the ball into the goal to make it 0-2, despite Lobato once again getting a hand to it. HUElavia went on the attack for the rest of the game, but the writing was on the wall, and after 4 additional minutes to the match, the referee called the match, ending in a 0-2 defeat for Los Amarillos.

With the defeat, HUElavia drops to 3rd Place, but is still in heavy contention after Equestria drew 4-4 with Lo Santano. Thus, Equestria is in 1st with 20 points (6-2-0), Xanneria in 2nd with 19 Points (6-1-0), and HUElavia in 3rd with 18 Points (6-0-2). Equestria and Xanneria will play against each other next, thus HUElavians have hope that Equestria defeats Xanneria in their match. Meanwhile, Los Amarillos will play their B-Team and Away uniform against Nooooooooooooooo, where they feel confident that they can get a victory to boost Morale before the big match versus Equestria. Vallares will be the starting goalkeeper, despite fans wanting to see Ricardo be the starting goalie and captain of the team. Smirnov will be the captain for the team in the match. Despite the loss, there is still 2/3rds of the schedule still to be played and anything can happen. The important thing to do is to keep pace within the Top 3, where HUElavia feels certain they can maintain themselves in that position.

FORCA HUELAVIA! VAMOS HUELAVIA! GO HUELAVIA!
Last edited by HUElavia on Sun May 31, 2020 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports