NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 85 || RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Sun May 17, 2020 9:16 pm

In the middle of a mostly empty road as the rain poured, a young man closed his umbrella as he entered his house. Dressed in a navy blue jacket and pants of a similar colour, he threw his backpack down on the floor while setting the object that covered him from the rain all the way from the school he attends on the nearest balcony while making a mental note of the puddles he had to dry later. He groaned from hunger while observing his surroundings: he was now on the second floor... and he was also alone.

That was probably a first for him. His parents owned the rather ornate place and ran it as a mix of a condominium with around twenty (rather small) flats and comfy hot springs spot, legend had it that it was built by some very rich merchants a good couple of centuries earlier and their ownership dated to a couple of years after that when a relative of theirs introduced a rather pointy, sharp end of their blade to one of the merchant's stomach. He walked up to a chair near the window, noticing a rather large white cat with a rather unusual pair of horns that he had never seen before.

Noticing that it was asleep, he dried his hand on a towel at the bathroom before examining the creature a bit better and noticing a note in yellow paper. He started to read it, blinking once he was done. The dark-haired boy sighed, deciding to take a shower before properly starting his day after school.

Hinode,
Mommy and I went off on a surprise business trip. I'm sorry that we haven't told you earlier but it was all pretty sudden. You should have enough on your account to handle yourself for the next three weeks and your mom says she'll make sure to send you more money by then. Make sure to take care of the springs and welcome any hosts. Remember to ask for rent too.
Take care,
Sunrise

P.S. - Make sure to take good care of your new cat. Feed her well and clean her too.

(...)

Hinode watched the rain from his bedroom briefly. His punching bag swayed with the little wind that blew down the city-side and the rain watered the flowers he had on his balcony. His eyes moved to an old movie that was on his small television set. The movie itself was about an alien crashing from space and learning how to live with humans. The boy chuckled to himself. "Yeah, right. Because that sounds like the sort of stuff that would happen in real life." He then heard the bell ringing.

As he got up from bed, he noticed that hugging his foot as if to stop him from going. Hinode frowned, picking up the cat and placing her on his bed. She still decided to follow him as he made the trek to the establishment's door, making the journey harder than it would've been otherwise. As he struggled to get the kitten off his head, however, he heard the sound of something (or rather, someone) collapsing.

He opened the gate in a rush, getting a good look at who was there. It was a girl, he could tell that much but most of herself was covered by several layers of clothes. He put her on his back, not worrying about the consequences. A faint voice started to talk, the girl was still conscious. "Thank you..."

(...)

Hinode observed the girl, now that he had a better look at her as she drank a glass of orange juice. Her skin was undoubtedly green by nature. His first guess (a semi-orc) was knocked out by her lack of tusks and she looked rather nimble for anyone with even the slightest drop of orc blood inside them. Her eyes were dark, dark as the night with only the clear white pupils standing out. He rose an eyebrow, thinking. "So... uh... how did you end up at my door?" The girl blinked. "Ah... ahem. I kind of lost myself from my family."

The dark-haired boy rose an eyebrow, getting up from his seat while picking a bag of cookies. "For real? You don't look that young to get lost like that, miss." She sighed, taking another sip. "Yeah... space travel is a bit troublesome when you're starting out..." He dropped the bag of cookies while the girl reacted by eliciting a small "uh-oh". The cat was now standing in front of her new owner. "I'm... Uh... My name is Canvas and I'm from space but... I promise I won't hurt you. Please, don't throw me out, I've been trying to find a place to stay for the past three days!"

Hinode looked at the cat who seemed to be protesting against it. He sighed, shaking his head. "You should contact the government..." She nodded, smiling a little bit. "I... I would rather not. Please, I can find a way to get a job and pay you for every single thing I spend here. Just don't throw me out..." He looked at a framed picture of his parents, both of them smiling, something rather rare for his mother. "...fine. Guess I'm feeling nice today and-"

Her reaction was quick and surprising. She gave him a good hug, kissing his cheek. "U-Uh... I'll go get you your key."
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

North Quadana
Attaché

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby North Quadana » Mon May 18, 2020 10:02 am

Ashkif put the fuel pump back in it's place. Only 15 kilometres to go. He pulled out his wallet and went towards the store to pay. It really was a sunny day out here, not like the rain back in Hengvoorde. The wind was playfully throwing Ashkif's hair around, and the sun's gentle touch warmed his back under the black t-shirt.

"Excuse me, sir."

Ashkif turned around and saw him. A man, probably in his forties, dressed in baggy denim jeans with bleach stains and a camo jacket with jet black glasses. These weren't sunglasses. He was blind. "How can I help you? Are you lost?" Ashkif asked him. "No! Listen to me very carefully, young man. Now I don't know how you young people do these days, but let me tell you a story. One warm summer day like this one, me and my friends were playing some basketball outside one of my friends house. Now this was a long ago, you probably weren't born. So, were just casually playing ball, and I try to pass it to my friend. The pass went wide and the ball went into the street. The dumbass ran after it, just as a car was speeding down the street. Now this was in the suburbs, so he didn; t really expect someone going down the street at 70 kilometres per hour. The car hit him straight on. He flew for a couple of metres then landed with a thud. He was dead that instant. So, what I'm saying is, you better be careful out there. No one knows what could happen."

Ashkif looked at the man in confusion, contemplating to say. Although he was blind, Ashkif felt like the man was staring him dead in the eyes. "Uhh.....thanks. I'll try to do my best. Thanks for the advice." he said to the blind man. "You're welcome." the man said and turned around, heading for the highway. "Probably some junkie." Ashkif thought to himself and went into the store.

He walked up to the counter. "Pump 3. Could I get this week's QSports and a Fumero?" he asked the young cashier. "Pack or block?" she asked him. "Just a single cigarette. And could I get an omelette?"

The cashier handed him a single Fumero cigarette, wrapped in parchment. "Sorry, we just ran out of eggs." she answered. "That will be 29.99."

Ashkif put his card in the card reader, entered his PIN, which I'm not going to tell you for security reasons (you'd love that wouldn't you), took his purchases off the counter and left. As he stepped outside, he lit his cigarette. Ashkif wasn't a smoker, after all, he was a professional athlete, but time to time he would get a single cigarette and smoke it. Not because he liked nicotine or anything like that. No, he just liked the ritual of smoking a cigarette. Stepping outside, lighting a smoke, and standing there, puffing smoke in the air, watching life running around on the streets from his balcony, or in this instance, the busy highway. He flicked open the QSports magazine, and started to read it. Nothing much, just some stuff about the CMFA Nations League and the squad selection for the upcoming qualifiers, but he was one of the selected for the squad so there wasn't much to read. With an easy throw, the magazine landed in the garbage bin next to the store doors. He spit out the cigarette, threw it on the ground and put it out.

Ashkif made his way towards Pump 3, where his shiny car was eagerly waiting for him. Just as he pulled out the keys, a black hatchback almost ran him over. Now for the sake of keeping things civilized, I won't say what Ashkif said in that moment as he fell back to the ground in shock, but let me tell you, it was not pretty.

The driver stepped outside his car and ran towards Ashkif, getting on the ground to apologize. "Are you alright? I'm so sorry, although you have to be careful when crossing the road." the driver said, and looked up at Ashkif. As he stared in disbelief, a surprised shout came out of his mouth. "Ash?!" he said. Ashkif looked up at the man who almost killed him. It felt like being kicked in the gut. That's how surprised he was to see the man. "No way." he thought to himself.

Sharktail
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sharktail » Mon May 18, 2020 12:02 pm

SHARKTAIL PRESS CONFERENCE

by
Sahami(NT manager) and Caroll(assistant manager)

Sahami:Hello and greeting to all.Nice to meet you all today.

Reporter:Hello coach.Thank you for joining us here today.So we will start the press now.

Q 1:How are you doing after appointed as NT team manager?Are you adapt with the pressure and stress?

S:
I 'm doing fine in NT team.After few month since i take this seat,i can slowly adapt and contain with this job.Sometime the pressure nearly killing me but overall i can overcome it.With the help from managemnet team,we slowly creating and rebuilding this team.

Q 2:If we see the friendly stastic,this team played 6 game in total, winning 5 game and losing just one match.What do you think about this team performance?

S:I can say i happy to see my lads performance.We have played against the team either low rank,middle rank and some upper rank team.This surely become some study and good test for my lads on how far they can bring up the challenge to the other team.Overal stastic of the friendly match we played,6 gp,5 win,1 lose,we scored total 10 goal and concede 6 goal.We bang in front of goal but ee need to repair the defensive line to prevent conceding to many goal.

Q 3:After Melayu Archipelago Cup 4(MAC 4) and CMFA nation League,based on the team performance,do you think this team ready and good enough for WCQ 85?

S:When we playing in both tournament,mostly i tried to build up their chemistry and teamwork.In team game,it important and good thing to have a good chemistry with your teammate.I tried a lot of strategies,rotate the player,giving reseve some playtime,it all to reduce their nervourness.For WCQ,i can say the same roster will played,so i hope they can make in touch with each other,played as a team just like they played with their teammate in the club.

Q 4:What is your target in WCQ 85?

S:I dont want to said anything about this.Of course we want to qualify into World Cup Final,but with a lot of strong side outside there,if we can achieve more good than WCQ 81 i think it enough for now.To rebuild one team,sometime it take a time but sometime it will happen drasticly.So my goal now is to achieve more than we did in the WC 81 edition.

Reporter:Thank you sir for you time.See you in next press.

Sahami:Thank you all.
NSSport Roleplayer | Melayu Archipelago Member

Balqia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Introductions

Postby Balqia » Mon May 18, 2020 12:37 pm

The city noises could be heard from far, but the airport stood silent. Only a handful of employees and passengers stood there, proceeding in a never ending procedure of dethetisation and bureaucracy.
— Hello.
The man in her back was anxious, but only now did he initiated conversation, his accent and face denounced that he was balqese.
— Hello.
She answered, trying to smile with her eyes, the mask made any real smile invisible.
— Are yoo from where?
— Port Arthur, and you?
He stood still for a while. Then he shook his head and whispered something to himself before answering.
— I am Petre, nice too meet yoo, Port Artur.
His accent was painful to hear, maybe balquese was a better option for communication.
— Maybe we should speak in your language, yes?
A glimpse of surprise passed through his eyes.
— Most foreigners don’t understand balqese, they say it’s too hard.
— And it is.
— Only for foreigners. Here even children speak it.
She didn’t knew if he was speaking seriously or making a joke. Ignoring that would be better.
— So, it was a long trip, wasn’t it?
— Yes. Glad I am back to my country.
The conversation ended there, she was next in line. Someone in a hazmat suit asked her several questions while someone else checked her passport. After a long interrogation and many papers she was released. In the airport’s exit a man in a suit was waiting for her besides a black car.
— Hello, I am your guide, Adrian Bekanoviq. You can call me guide if you want.
He said that and handed her a pamphlet with the title “Being a good foreigner”. Her baggage was put in trunk, she sat besides the driver. He entered after a while and soon both of them were driving down the road.
— Why aren’t you wearing a mask?
He smiled.
— It’s not mandatory, at least not for me. You keep yours, there is a box full of them in your hotel room.
She heard that Balqia hasn’t enacted any act of quarantine or restrictions, but masks were expected to be mandatory.
— Why your country wasn’t affected?
He quickly gazed at her. Most balqese must be very cautious with their words, maybe he was thinking in the best answer.
— Our government blocked everything as soon as the disease was first noticed. Many people said it was too harsh, others that we had inside information. It seems it was the second option.
— Why do you say that?
— It’s well known that most nations spy on each other. But officially, at least, one citizen noticed that this was more serious than said and reported to our embassy.
Now that he said that she remembered people in social media saying that Balqia was the culprit and was trying to destroy liberalism worldwide.
— And your economy wasn’t affected?
— Not much. We have more than three hundred embargoes on us by the World Assembly, so our country must be self sufficient in most things. A running joke is that before the pandemic no one could leave and no wanted to enter the country, now no one can enter and no one want to leave.
She did laugh a little with the joke.
— And how is the situation now?
— Why don’t you see by yourself?
He pointed to the window. As they entered the city she could see people walking around everywhere, some of them with masks, but most things seemed like any other city in the world a few months ago. The transit was light, but it was due to the common use of public transportation, buses went up and down the streets packed with people, and no one appeared to care.
— I wonder if you really have no one infected.
— Oh, we have. A foreigner was caught with the virus last week, but we isolated him before the plane landed.
Oh, the preemptive quarantine was a memory she preferred to forget. Most nations isolate people after they entered the country, Balqia was doing the exact opposite: if you wanted to go to the country you would stay isolated in their embassy for a month before being driven to the airport with a hazmat suit and being sterilized before and after entering the airplane.
— You know that this was very criticized by the other nations, don’t you?
— The international community criticize us for everything. “Oh, you cannot isolate people in their own country”, “you cannot drop someone in a random country because they are infected”, “you cannot shoot foreigners trying to sneak in to the country”, it’s all the same bullshit to me. Guess what, we are thriving while everyone else is desperate over a flu.
He wouldn’t be saying that if he was one of the people affected by the pandemic. Even though millions of people were dying and losing their jobs the balqese government was using it as a enormous propaganda, showing how the balqese system was better than the weak democracies.
— And here we are, your hotel.
The hotel was a large building in a neoclassical style. They entered the hall and a employee rushed to greet them, after a check-in and some papers being signed he lead her to the room 401. The room had a large bed with a white blanket, a shelf with some books and a large television, the restroom was a small cubicle with a tub, a sink and a toilet.
— That’s all, Mrs. Rockwell.
— You can call me Mary.
And so he did with a “goodbye, Mary”.
Now, left alone, she could take her computer and relax a little. When the screen turned on a message from her son appeared: “Hi mom how are you?”. Everything was fine. She talked with him a bit and went to sleep, she had to be in her boss’ office at eight, being the spokesperson for the balqese national team had its responsibilities.
69th Baptism of Fire - 2nd Place;
82th World Cup - 5th place of group 6;
83th World Cup - 4th place of group R;
84th World Cup - 5th place of group 11;
85th World Cup - 4th place of group 6.

English isn't my native language. If you see any gramatical error in my RPs, please let me know.

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Mon May 18, 2020 9:01 pm

Northwest Kalactin: What to Expect
Of course if you are traveling to Northwest Kalactin you need to bring some shirts and shorts. The average temperature is around 80 degrees all year, however, during the summer it can go up to one hundred degrees. Most stadiums in Northwest Kalactin are either domes or have retractable roofs because during the summer players will easily overheat. The hottest that the temperature that the weather has gotten in the summer is 113 degrees farinheight. The largest cities are Gold Coast, Coffs Harbour and Kempsey. All 3 of these cities have over 1 million people in them but Gold Coast is the largest city with over 2.8 million people in the entire city. Coffs has 1.7 million and Kempsey has 1.2 million. The east side of the nation has very few people having only 2.5 million people. Almost all of the large cities have teams in all of the different sports leagues, however, different regions have different popular sports. The main coastal cities have soccer and gridiron as the most popular sports. The farms inland also like both Soccer and Gridiron but many baseball players also come from the inland rural areas. In the eastern mountains have hockey as the most popular sport but, bandy is also a very popular among kids which makes the nation one of the best in the world in bandy. Down south, soccer and basketball are by far the most popular sports there. The kids in Northwest Kalactin currently are one of the most promising sports generations ever in the nation as they are now putting up some of the best youth teams in the world. Northwest Kalactin is pretty light when it comes to laws however, all visitors and opponents are expected to follow the laws for the duration that they are in the nation. Drinking is permitted for those over 17 and smoking is illegal outside of designated areas. Some of the best textiles industries in the world can be found in Northwest Kalactin as the huge textile factory, Holcomb Textiles headquartered in Byron Bay. Many tech companies are also based in the nation as the Tech Company Startup Fund provides money for those entrepreneurs in the tech section who look to be based in Kalactin.

Where you will play
Gold Coast international football stadium is a very nice stadium it holds up to 104,000 people and is the largest stadium in northwest Kalactin. Many people are surprised that the stadium has a retractable roof even though it is very hot in northwest Kalactin in fact the reason why the roof is there is because of the heat! One time it was 114 degrees Farinheight in Gold Coast so they put the roof up. Another thing to look for at the stadium is the before game tailgating there are many food trucks that stop by there and take advantage of the huge crowds. Lastly, be sure to visit the Northwest Kalactin soccer hall of fame that has many interesting artifacts jerseys and other stuff from Kalactanian football.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue May 19, 2020 12:58 am

Several weeks after Main Nation Ministry went through a flu wave of unusual and cruel viruses. Again. The Leader proceeds to purge the unclean and ill with some strict and extreme home quarantine guidelines. It actually worked. Now, with the total of infected populace at a minimum percentage of concern, the Ministry of Science are making sure that the flow of vaccines to the sick are running smoothly.

Somewhere in the nation of Main Nation Ministry..

"Ah! The time of sports season is here! Nothing better than watching our nation kick around some sphere or whatever and compete for victory!" the Leader said, as he lounged on a cozy lawn chair in front of a beach, sipping a nice snakefish cocktail, while Ryuu Taichi, a celebrity wrestler and principal of some educational facilities in the nation, was lying on a beach towel as the sun was setting. "Right. Nothing better than enjoying the non-violent blood sport that people call soccer. Though, I prefer we still do wrestling."
"The less lawsuits, the better."
"You think the Olympics will still occur?"
"Olympics? Ha ha! They better! My ice skating and markmanship needs improvement!"

For the two, enjoying life at the beach, even when the nation was recovering from quarantine, they can still have fun. Especially since Jones was busy prepping the soccer team. Of course, what could happen in the nation now that the World Cup was happening?

Well... As laws were doing lifted, we still have the shenanigans of one such couple, where the gears of their own goals seek to run. But in the aftermath of chaotic times, they can prevail.

Madden's Residence

To better explain this portion of the story, it's best that both Madden and Huxley are explained. Jessica Madden is your typical celebrity musician and unwilling punching bag for the Leader. Like any celebrity, she has her own share of problems with fame as a stressor. She doesn't do drugs or binge drink like an alcoholic, but she has her personal problems and secrets. However, Jessica tries to sympathize with other normal people like her, than the Leader. Probably because she doesn't see herself as someone who would enjoy the slaughter of hundred of people a day. She's friends with Princess Keller Harrington and Jason Masami, while she maintains a solid relationship with her own band. Around that point, Jessica met someone else who she would later take some great interest into.

Charlotte Huxley, or rather Charlie. She is different from Madden with a large difference. After a portal to actual Hell was discovered, demons have began to enter the surface world in disguises, or rather costumes as they call them, to pass off as humans. It worked for some, where they stayed or left the nation. Some had to be taken care of with the right type of technology that was invented by the Ministry of Science. Charlie just wanted to live life differently. Second chance? Of course. And making sure to not tell of the past which would grant attention. Did Charlie deserve to suffer in Hell for her past sins? Jessica knew she wouldn't commit murder. But Charlie still keeps to herself.

Both Madden and Huxley developed an interesting relationship with one another. For Madden, there wasn't any issue about coming out gay, but she had to gear her music to a certain demographic. Which you can imagine was a bit of a thing for some tabloids, however the Ministry doesn't take kindly to such supermarket trash. Both Madden and Huxley were happy, as long as the papers didn't delve deep into their sexual endeavors. However, change is unpredictable. A virus had previously nearly brought the nation to a bit of a stand still, though the Ministry came prepared with such scenarios. Besides, this was a nation that had a flesh-eating virus and possibly a near destruction of reality due to it being ripped open.

As you may have guessed, the guidelines were starting to be lifted. A bit of a positive thing, since the cycle of life would roll on. There was just one problem, though.

Charlie Huxley woke up in bed, as it was going to be another morning. A bit of a yawn from her, as she slipped on a t-shirt and some pajamas. She looked at Jessica, who was still sleeping in bed, though she was looking a bit more tired. It was probably one of her days where she would be feeling down, but Charlie lived with Jessica enough to know how to handle it. It didn't bother her, since Jessica still controlled herself. Charlie went downstairs to the kitchen, planning on preparing some breakfast as usual. But when she opened the fridge door, she was greeted by an unusual and startling sight.
"EEEKK!" Charlie jumped in surprise, as there was someone in Jessica's fridge.

"Uhhh..hello?" the man in the fridge said politely, as it looked like he gotten himself wedged in the fridge somehow. His upper body was visible, but his legs were nowhere in sight. No edibles appeared damaged or moved around, but Charlie recognized the man. It was Lisa Talbott's human boyfriend. How the hell was in the fridge?

"Roy!"
"I know. I know. I don't know how it happened. You guys did know I just went missing on the day that Lisa went back home."
"Why are you in our fridge?!"
"I don't know? I was sleeping in the guest room with Lisa, then I had to use the restroom. After using it, I slipped on something in the upstairs hallway and now I just phased through the floor into your fridge." Roy said, looking a bit concerned at his predictment, though Charlie wanted to have breakfast.

"Roy! I need to have breakfast for both me and Jessica! Please tell me you didn't eat anything in there."
"There's strangely tons of space in here."
"Please...Roy! You sure you can't get out or something? Jessica is going to freak out that you're inside her fridge. Think of what might happen if Jessica sees you like this!" Charlie was starting to panic, until suddenly she realized Jessica was behind her, looking tired and somewhat cranky.

"Jessica, I can explain! I found him like this! He's just-" Charlie tried to explain to Jessica about Roy, however Jessica reached into the fridge to grab some orange juice, which she took a hearty sip of.

"If you piss in the fridge, I tell the soldiers." Jessica said, as she put the carton back. "Close the fridge, Charlie. Food will get spoiled." Jessica closed the fridge door, where Roy was still inside. Charlie took a sigh of relief. It's another one of those days. But at least, Jessica didn't seemed concerned yet.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Appalachian Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Appalachian Nation » Tue May 19, 2020 11:33 am

A story about fictional nations partaking in a World Cup Part 1

In the far western suburbs of Pittsburgh lived a 22 year old recent college graduate. His name was Allen James Smithy and he was to rock the community of fans of the writer Barrett Maxwell. Barrett had written a book recently about the many fictional governments of the planet Jenniferus and in order to promote the book, Mr Maxwell built a browser based government game to promote it. It's name? Multiversal States! Mr Smithy who had recently created an account on the game called "Slavistan" had an idea for a roleplay, one that would change the course of the roleplay community in the young game.

After about three month the game had garned a bit of a following already. With 20,000 unique fictional nations, the Applachia teen had figure he could create a RP based World Cup.

So he logged into the Forums and posted

Slavistan wrote:Ok guys, let's do a world cup! As an Appalachian I've been watching the Baptism of Fire with watchful eyes and it's inspired me to try this. First 31 nations to join will get in!

And thus the MultiversalStates World Cup was born!

the Union of Blood,Sweat, and Tears wrote:Sweet Idea man! We're in!

a million simone di brandi clonez wrote:LOLOLOLOL I HAVE A MILLION SIMONE DI BRANDI CLONES I WILL DOMINATE AND SIGN UP!!!!!!!!

Ludwigistan wrote:I'll sign up, I can say I'll be the first Krytenia world cup winner!

Paris wrote:In

New Calder wrote:Yes! I love watching the WC! Count me in!

Southwestern Province of Denalia wrote:We're in GO XANNERIA!

Redditia wrote:Yeah! Go Redittia Win it all!

Northern South wrote:We're in We have good Goalie

Pittsvylvania wrote:Yeah we're in, did you see how cool Mavinet was!

Placid Waters wrote:in

Denmark wrote:We are in! I'm old enough to remember the Polar Island States man!

Astograff wrote:In!

Morristania wrote:Yeah count us in!

Astrograff wrote:Wait there's an Astograff in this game? Aw dang! Astrograff in!

Old Northeast Dolphin wrote:In

Western Lands wrote:We are the Western Lands! We're in!

shawland wrote: in lol

Federation of Federal Peoples wrote:FFP in

Old York wrote:In

Tennessee wrote:The Rocky Toppers will win! :D :D :D

Lake of the Land wrote:Hi can we join? please!?

Morgantown wrote:a fellow Appalachian? Cool count us in! shame Wheeling didn't get to host, especially when that shitty stadium Louisville did.

Lextopia and Northwest Carlsbad wrote:

Zeb wrote: In

Mangolia wrote:In, hoping to win it all

Peoples Republic of South Baldlands and Rye wrote:GLORY TO THE SPORTSMEN OF "PROSBAR"!!! (in)

1337l4nd5 wrote:w3r3 1n

Sportopia wrote:as a nation with sport in its name we wouldn't miss the WC for anything.

Punch Drunk Peeps wrote:We are in boys!

Beta City wrote:We want to try!

The Badlands wrote:I think we got the final spot!

And this Mr Smithy had started MultiversalStates History, our next episode will take care of the first games in the group stage! Pick your favorites boys!
Last edited by Appalachian Nation on Tue May 19, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flavovespia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Flavovespia » Tue May 19, 2020 12:51 pm

Kitblog is the home of everything to do with football kits in Flavovespia. A repository of kits worn by club and country, from the very first games. In the coming series, Kitblog will do a feature on club teams in Flavovespia. These articles will be focusing specifically on kits that fit the following 5 categories:

The First Kit – When this team formed, what was their first ever kit? Some teams still maintain the same colours from the very beginning, others have changed as time goes by.
Celebrated Classic – As voted on by fans, ex-players and staff, and our own editors, the most popular kit of the classic era (0U and before) of a team. Kits here will usually be well acclaimed by fans and neutrals, and remembered by many
Modern Marvel – Similar to the above, but for kits of the modern era (1AU to present day). Proof that not all good fashion is old school, with designs that haven’t been long retired.
Colour of Success – Every team had that one era fans remember for their most successful period. We look at what kit and colours are associated with those fond memories.
Fashion Disaster – Some kits are remembered for all the wrong reasons. This section will look at those kits the fans would rather not remember.
As a general rule, only home kits are being considered for this section, away kits are a story for another time.
Our first article however, will be a special looking at the relatively short kit history of the national team, including the first look at the World Cup Qualifying 85 kits. So without further ado, let’s begin where it began, back in World Cup Qualifying 83 for Flavovespia.

Flavovespia first made their debut in the World Cup 83 cycle. They wore these kits for the World Cup 83 Qualifiers, Cup of Harmony 75 and AOCAF Cup 59. These were the first kits for Flavovespia, and may prove to be the basic template of what to expect. A relatively simple design, with the double V coming in over the shoulders and meeting under the collar. The national team crest is centred below that. The shorts and socks are black, with a small amount of yellow trim on them. The away kit was a very dark grey, allowing the double V design to be carried over. The yellow shorts and socks were a “palette reversal”, a common trend in Flavovespia to allow mixing and matching between home and away kit elements. Third kits are something of a rarity in Flavovespia, but the national team adopted one out of caution. The all white away kit uses the same template, and is a relatively tidy kit. The lack of yellow on the shorts and socks was a bit unbalanced, but overall the shirt was reasonably popular, if rarely worn.

The kit will always be remembered for being the genesis of Flavovespian kits, worn in the first cycle. There’s a sense of nostalgia growing already for it, even though it’s only a few years old. The first qualifiers saw Flavovespia draw to Eura at home, in one of the most memorable early matches. The disappointing Cup of Harmony 75 with no points spoils some of the memories of this kit, but the double over 95X and the win in Freeport in AOCAF Cup 59 were also highlights of this kit’s era.

If Flavovespia’s first kit was too reserved, this one certainly wasn’t. The kit had a striking swoosh effect along the sleeves and down the torso. Although in some ways it kept the “double V”, it was definitely a break from their first kit. The big, bold pattern was much more reminiscent of the later classic era kits, than the more conventional modern kits seen nowadays in the nation. The shorts and socks also featured similar patterning to the shirt. The away kit was a “palette reversal”, the second in a row for Flavovespia. However the third kit was a bit of a break in tradition. Flavovespia eschewed their national colours to have a kit with red and blue, 2 colours associated with Hadford and St Astons (Waldster is associated with yellow). It was a popular design, even if worn very sporadically.

The kits unfortunately will struggle to manifest themselves in a popular lasting memory. World Cup 84 Qualifiers saw the team fail to improve on their previous performance, despite their international performance, and they failed to win several “winnable games”. A dramatic win in Filindostan by 3 goals to 4 was probably the only big highlight of the qualifiers. The Cup of Harmony 76 saw Flavovespia knocked out in the group stages, however they were unbeaten with 1 win and 4 draws, including a draw to the eventual 4th placed side in the tournament, Mercedini. AOCAF Cup 60 saw Flavovespia make it out of the group stages, although this was tainted by the 5-0 loss to Chromatika. The last match for these kits was the loss to Cosumar that send Flavovespia home from Krytenia after a tournament of mixed emotions. Flavovespia’s second kit had seen its last outing to date.

Flavovespia unveil their third set of kits that will be used for World Cup 85, and most likely AOCAF Cup 61. The trim has been toned down, and instead given a clever twist to it. 2 diagonal lines are used to spell out FV, as well as include a “double V” on the shirt. The cuffs and collar also include a yellow stripe enveloped by two black stripes. That design, although reversed, also carries over to the shorts and socks, producing a consistent design for the kit. Although black shorts and socks are the default, yellow shorts and socks can also be provided for the home kit. A change sees Flavovespia go for an all-white away kit. The popularity of the previous white kits may have inspired this decision. The FV and the collar and cuffs trim is carried over onto this kit as well, a common template being an approach Flavovespia favours. After the red and blue experiment last time, Flavovespia have chosen claret and green for their third kit. Although unlikely to see too many games, it’s an interesting colour combination that has been a bit more divisive and controversial than their past efforts.
Formerly the Republic of Greater Waldster, internationally known as Greater Watford. IC It's a long story (OOC I didn't like using real place names)

Terre Septentrionale
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Septentrionale » Tue May 19, 2020 1:56 pm

Alexandra Ostiguy-Carbonneau wins Parti National's primaries

Ville Jacques-Cartier, DC - Le Parti National (PN), a conservative center-right party, is the only major party who still haven't announced it's candidate for the 2028 chancellorian elections, which are two years away from now. The race was between Alexandra Ostiguy-Carbonneau, simply known as AOC, and two other candidates: Przemysław Swiatkowski and Mieczisław Gruszczynski. Two turns were required for AOC to be elected as the Parti National candidate for the 2028 chancellorian elections. AOC was leading in the first turn with 42,3% of the votes with Swiatkowski having 30,1 % and Gruszczynski, 27,6%. Gruszczynski was eliminated for the 2nd turn. In the 2nd turn, AOC received 52,6% of the votes while Swiatkowski had 47,4%. Alexandra Ostiguy-Carbonneau wins Parti national's primaries and will now be officially running for chancellor in 2028.

Alexandra Ostiguy-Carbonneau's speech

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, tonight le Parti national is making history. Yes it is! For the first time a woman wins the party's primaries and will be running for chancellor! I'm so happy, I can't describe how much I'm happy! I wanna thank all my family and my boyfriend Jean-Christophe, I wouldn't be there without you!

It's not because I'm a woman that I have to break up with the Parti national's values. I can affirm that when I'll be elected the 28th chancellor of the Republic, I'll tighten Terre Septentrionale's boundaries. No more illegal immigration! I'm also gonna make abortion illegal. Taking a baby's life will be illegal and yes, even if it's still inside the woman's belly, it's still a living baby and therefore, killing it by abortion should be a crime!"

2028 chancellorian candidates

Current chancellor of Terre Septentrionale, Sheldon Koivu, of Coalition avenir solidaire (CAS), known in English as Coalition for Future Solidarity (CFS) will be running again for his 2nd mandate. Grzegorz Piszczek of Option Septentrionale (OS), C.D. Dalton of Texan Block (TB), a separatist party, and Alexandra Ostiguy-Carbonneau will also be running for chancellor in 2028.

Alexandra Ostiguy-Carbonneau

Alexandra Ostiguy-Carbonneau was born in 1998 in Longueuil, the largest Ville Jacques-Cartier's slum. She had good education but she had to work as a cook in a restaurant to pay for her studies. She was elected in the Longueuil riding at the National Assembly in 2020 and re-elected in 2024. She won the Parti National primaries in 2026 and will run for chancellor in 2028.
Nation name: République de Terre Septentrionale | Trigramme: RTS | Capital: Ville Jacques-Cartier | Maps
Ranks: Hockey: 20th | American Football: 7th | Baseball: 17th | Association Football: 23rd | Rugby Union: 21st
Champions:
Runner Up: Cup of Harmony 76, International Baseball Slam XI
3rd Place: World Volleyball Expo X, International Baseball Slam XII, World Lacrosse Championship XXXV
4th Place: Arena Bowl VI
World Cup participations: WC 85 (3rd place in group), WC 86 (3rd place in group)

Talamia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 08, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Talamia » Wed May 20, 2020 2:38 am

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages! Here is Auxe Aggelia, accompanied by Gian Gianvilipendio and-"

"WE WON! WE DID IT, AUXE, WE WON. WE ARE GOING TO CELEBRATE! CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!"

"Yes, Gian! We won! People at home, we won! We defeated Mon Silanies! It is electric here in Chelsea! The streets are red and black, fans are all over to celebrate their heroes! Today is a happy day to be a Talamian"

"What a breathtaking match! 0-0 in the first half, then Lambàn, the shot and booom! And Egemon and Diepeir saving the balls. What a goal! WHAT A VICTORY!"

"Ok, Gian. Calm down, now"
Line-up and ratings of Talamia vs Mon Silanies

*Gian screams, then jumps off his chair and quickly runs out of the studio*

"Ok. He obviously slept too much during the first half. Anyway.

Talamia defeated Mon Silanies 1-0! It was our debut in an official match and our debut in the 2020 NSLeft Association Football Federation. The hero of the day was non other than Ana Lambàn. Last minute choice, due to the slight injury of Rooura, Lambàn imposed himself immediately as one of the protagonists of the match. His amazing shot at the 68th minute guaranteed us the victory.

Also noteworthy are the performances of Aha Diepeir - thanks to his saves he covered the defensive problems - of Calin Mestithemi - left-back who was able to play on offense multiple times - and above all of Ansem Egemon, our timeless captain, who once again was able to guarantee stability in midfield, for the 127th time in his career with the national team.

We must also recognize the merits of our opponents, who were at their debut match today and who knew how to put us in great difficulty. It was a tough, hard-fought game, but a lot of passion was seen in the stands. Could this be the beginning of a twinning between the fans of the two nations?

A well-deserved celebration day awaits us but we must remember that this is just the beginning! Of course, these three points put us in great advantage but we still have to face two difficult obstacles: Maoux and Democratic Republic of Cacusia. We wish all the best to Mon Silanies for their future challenges.

Also, we just found out that the draws for the World Cup qualification matches will be held today. Talamia is in pot 13 and is expected to play its first match on May 23rd.

That is all I have for you today. Stay tuned and follow the Talamia National Football Team, only here on Pro Diorux - Are you a sports devote? Pick up your TV remote!"
Last edited by Talamia on Wed May 20, 2020 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Elothera Dapeda of Talamia

A Socialist Republic, located on the east coast of the Romaxia continent, in the south-west of the Democratic Socialist Assembly

Savojarna
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2016

Postby Savojarna » Wed May 20, 2020 3:00 am

SavojarSports.sj - inside reports from all Savojarna
Previewing the World Cup Draw

By Jaukka Halonen
We’re awaiting the World Cup qualifier draw tonight, with Savojarna being placed in Pot 4 after a disappointing run last time around, which has cost two coaches. But since then, the side has regenerated and rejuvenated, with the second place in the Copa Rushmori 34 being a first success to look out for. But now, the big challenge comes: the World Cup qualifiers are where they really have to show what they can do. In the past, this has not always worked well, with Savojarna stumbling over opponents that they shouldn’t have and losing against TJUN-ia, at the time without a victory on the global stage. They had only finished sixth in their group last time, and then subsequently failed in the Cup of Harmony, but now look forward to avenge that. We’re here to take a look at the possible opponents on the way to Mriin and Farfadillis.

First pot
Highlight matches: Eura, The Holy Empire, Starblaydia
Least desired draws: Free Republics, Vilita
Ideal pick: Nephara
Pot 1 is always the focus of the draw, promising a juicy opponent. For the Savojars, there are some that would definitely be more interesting than others - and with all the opposition in this pot clear favourites against the Northlights, we hope for a big name. There are some big Rushmori nations such as Eura, which would ensure a large travelling fan contingent, but perhaps more interesting would be one of the big sides that Savojarna never played, such as the historic greats of The Holy Empire or Starblaydia, or recently successful sides like Banija or Equestria. The perhaps worst choice would be low-ranked, theoretically advantageous opposition. Like last year’s matches against the FFR showed, these games are still hard to win, while lacking the appeal in the nation that a Eura or Vilita (please, don’t play Vilita yet again - if there’s any side I’m getting tired of, it’s that one) would have.
But there is one team standing out to me in the first pot, and it’s Nephara. Rushmore’s number two in the KPB’s has it all: A big name that will draw out fans, a close enough country to organise large travelling contingents, and a side against which Savojar teams have been historically successful, beating the Nepharim twice during their Copa championship (once in groups and once in the final) as well as in the semifinals during their most recent Copa campaign. A first duel at the World Cup stage would be a highlight for the Northlights.

Second pot
Highlight matches: Sargossa, Taeshan, Siovanija and Teusland
Least desired draws: Ko-oren, Mercedini
Ideal pick: Reçueçn
The second pot is where it stands and falls: Those teams need to be overcome to be able to travel to the World Cup. It has some big Rushmori names in Sargossa, whom we have beaten in our only matchup during the recent Copa, and our neighbours Taeshan. While a derby against Taeshan is always a big event, we’d rather avoid it after having shared a group in the most recent qualifiers, and the rather difficult games resulting from that. Another interesting pick would be Siovanija and Teusland, a country with whom Savojarna are historically sharing a friendly rivalry in ice hockey, but is more or less an unknown to the Savojars when it comes to football. However, there are some teams that we should avoid as well. Ko-oren are the big stumbling block here, far away and hard to access for Savojar fans as well as traditionally playing a style that is not well suited to the Savojar skillset; similarly, Audioslavia are best avoided thanks to their standing as a football powerhouse emphasised by the strength of some of their clubs. Mercedini are also not high on my list - it’s a difficult opponent, and recent concerns over a pandemic in the country make travel difficult despite the Savojar government’s assurance that it has the capacities to cure infected citizens.
Our pick in this important and challenging pot is Reçueçn. Although they are a surging football power, we have never played them before, and they are likely to draw interest thanks to recent sporting connections between the countries in Abdoulaye Goita’s successful WGP2 stint for SVJ Racing as well as their national team player Grégoire Leclair signing for Dynamo Sjoedrhavn. With them also being a team from the pot’s lower half, chances for victory are significantly better than with other teams.

Third pot
Highlight matches: Juvencus, Squornshelan Remnant States, Damukuni
Least desired draws: Cosumar, Jeruselem, Xanneria
Ideal pick: Terre Septentrionale
This is a pot full of wildcards and surprises, many of whom could be nasty. Cosumar are a historic powerhouse with many KO appearances in the World Cup, and would be the possibly worst choice of the lot. However, there are other big ones: Jeruselem have proven to be a very uncomfortable opponent last time, and we’d rather not have a rematch so quickly after; Xanneria seem like a beatable opposition, but are uncomfortable due to their physical and aggressive style resulting in high risk for some key injuries or players losing valuable energy. Among the teams we’d like to play, the Squornshelan Remnant States stand out thanks to their connection to the SFS, hosting multiple players from the nation including national team winger Jzeovak Vladcik of Admiral Storevik. Damukuni represent a high point of Savojar history, being one of our opponents at the only World Cup Savojarna have made it to, and would be another welcome opponent.
But there are two possible picks in this pot that stand above the rest. First, the elephant in the room that is Juvencus, a nation who has welcomed the Savojars during their debut campaign with a horribly disruptive atmosphere and would likely be a difficult, but fiery opposition that promises a tense match; secondly, the much preferable Terre Septentrionale. Much like Savojarna, they have historically been moderately successful and seem comparable to our side, with a moderately offensive team that should lend itself well to Savojarna’s defensive stability.

Lower pots
The lower pots are where we start running out of international highlights. However, there are still some notable stumbling blocks, teams with a history in the international game coming back from a hiatus or promising newcomers. Among those we’d like to avoid, the fifth pot has quite a few notables. Recent rising nations like Ziwana, Poafmersia, or Trolleborg are probably beatable but best avoided; bigger concerns here are old nemesis Geektopia and the recent Copa semifinalists Saintland. While neither of those are unbeatable, they’re tough opposition and certainly not easily beaten. In the sixth pot, most nations would be decent draws, but TJUN-ia have proven their ability to be a stumbling block that we’d rather avoid two years ago. The seventh pot has former giants Valladares, who have been the end of Savojar ambitions in World Cup 83, and the Appalachian Nation, home of Transport Hovikkära’s Greg Chauncey and recent Baptism of Fire host.

Another truly difficult pot, however, comes in pot eight, which features the elephant in the room with Adyatin. An Adyati-Savojar duel would be brutal and not really in the interest of either nation’s security forces, and politically dangerous; however, it would also be a rare spectacle to behold. Tequilo have been a side that has been extremely convincing at the Baptism of Fire, and one that could prove to be a massive challenge to whoever draws them, and the same is true of Zeta Reka; other rising nations like Mkabia or North Quadana are home to Savojar players and have increasingly upped their international standing. Here, it is mostly important to avoid nations like Drunk People at the Local Tavern, whose unconventional setup could lead to trouble for the Savojars. Finally, some returning former powers wait in the lowest pots, with the likes of Electrum, Jeckland, Delaclava and Legalese all being best avoided, but with unclear strength.

My perfect group
Nephara
Reçueçn
Terre Septentrionale
Savojarna
Euran Oceania Territories
Bliuji
Vdara
Lake Esper
Sylestone
Southern Esportivan Union
Res Publica Nova Roma
Sharktail

My ideal group starts out with a big name that is historically proven to be beatable and may attract a big crowd in Nephara, and a friendly rival that we may very well beat in Reçueçn. Terre Septentrionale avoids the worst of Pot 3 while suiting Savojarna’s tactics, and could be a beatable opponent as well. The EOT were chosen for being one of the lower-ranked Pot 5 teams and capable of attracting a crowd thanks to the historic Savojar-Euran relations. In Pot 6 and 7, I decided to avoid big stumbling blocks in favour of three nations that have shown promise to be interesting opposition, but not impossible to overcome. The eighth pot pick is important, and I’d rather not see the Savojarna vs. Adyatin matchup, but instead opt for a series of opposition that has shown some interesting, but not scary performances at the Baptism. Nova Roma would be an interesting choice based on their past in hockey, but like with most lower pot nations, there isn’t much separating those countries.
MT socialist (mostly) island state - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

The adjective is Savojar; Savojarnan is not a word!
I am a student of (European) politics, ice hockey fan, left-wing communist bordering on anarchy, and European federalist. Enjoy!

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Wed May 20, 2020 5:57 am

Stadiums For WC 85 Qualifiers Revealed!

The HUElavian Football Association (HFA/AFH) and the HUElavian Government have announced today the official venue list for the Qualifiers for World Cup 85, which will be co-hosted by reigning champions Farfadillis and Mriin. HUElavia will host 12 different teams and will play a total of 24 matches, with Los Amarillos being in Pot 2. As per the agreement between the HFA/AFH and the HUElavian Government, 2 matches will be hosted in Curumba, while the remaining 10 will be split 5 and 5 in the Eastern Astellian half and the Western Portuzian half. Without further ado, here are the 12 venues for this cycle:

1. Estadio Nacional
City: Curumba
Capacity: 100,000

2. Estadio Capital
City: Curumba
Capacity: 90,000

3. Nuevo Estadio del Rio
City: Rio de HUEska
Capacity: 80,000

4. Estadio Acuático
City: Bello Mar
Capacity: 67,000

5. Estadio Verde
City: Gikoji
Capacity: 64,000

6. Takoroyama Kyougijou
City: Takoroyama
Capacity: 62,000

7. Estadio de Plata
City: Pamallu
Capacity: 53,000

8. Arena Valla
City: Valla
Capacity: 49,500

9. Estadio do Oro
City: Ourao
Capacity: 45,000

10. Cog Stadium
City: Caghia
Capacity: 40,000

11. Estadio Rias
City: Xinzo
Capacity: 34,500

12. Estadio Municipal
City: Careital
Capacity: 33,000

Images of the venues can be found here

Many of these stadiums will be hosting matches of the National Football Team for the first time, with the exceptions of Estadio Nacional, Estadio Capital, and Estadio Acuático having previously hosted matches for Los Amarillos (whether it was previous World Cup Qualifiers or the Independent Associations Cup). Tickets begin to be sold shortly after the Draw for the Qualifiers. Many fans have optimism and hope that the team will perform solidly in the qualifiers and make their 2nd consecutive appearance in the World Cup. With the draw, fans ideally want the Free Republics from Pot 1, either Kelssek, Port Ember or New Luisitania from Pot 3, Bongo Johnson or Savojarna in Pot 4, Poafmersia, Trolleborg or Lisander in Pot 5, and Omerica or Gyatso-Kai in Pot 6. Regardless, once the draw is done, the opponents in Pots 1, 3, 4 and 5 will be given one of the 4 largest venues listed in the selection. Either way, this team is willing to face against whoever they get drawn with.

FORCA HUELAVIA! VAMOS HUELAVIA! GO HUELAVIA!

Talamia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 08, 2018

Postby Talamia » Wed May 20, 2020 7:11 am

THE 85th WORLD CUP: QUALIFYING STAGE
| WHERE | HOW | WHY |

Talamia, a subtropical paradise in the Democratic Socialist Assembly
“Talamia” comes from the ancient greek word ϑάλαμος, that in the Homeric age indicated various rooms of the stately home, such as the room where the mistress was entertained, the storeroom of the treasures and, in particular, the bedroom. The reason why the country has historically adopted this name is to be traced in the famous legend of the "Boy-King". According to this myth, the foundation of Talamia took place "a thousand years before the complete dissolution of the seas", by a brave young man, who proclaimed the independence of his bedroom from the rest of the globe, already corrupted, gallantly leading the country untill his death.

Talamia is located in the Democratic Socialist Assembly, in the eastern part of the Romaxia continent. Facing the Herrebrugh Sea, the Pralladoke Island is also part of its territory. Talamia borders with Fenika to the north and with Sörslúth to the north-west. Its southern border, shared with Mon Silanies, coincides with the Karpia river. The other two rivers flowing in Talamia are the Drahma river, on whose mouth the city of Clinepalas rises, and its tributary SurruDrahma. Together, Drahma and SurruDrahma form the political borders of the Uperinde region. Talamia's coasts - completely overlooking the Herrebrugh Sea - are low and sandy continentally and high and rocky in the Pralladoke island. The highest point of the country is the cliff of Scopel, near the town of Acroscope, in Crocora, which measures 1229 meters in height.

The nation enjoys a predominantly humid subtropical climate, with hints of Mediterranean climate along the coasts. There are many and vast lands in the Talamian territory. The most famous and visited is that of Pento, in the past poorly managed, almost forced to disappear because of the precious wood that was obtained from the felling of its trees, and today in constant regrowth, thanks to eco-friendly policies and enhancement of the territory by the government. The region of Iseremia, instead, is the only one to boast a desert, the so-called Little Desert of the Sun (or desert of Liptelj, from the province in which it is located).

Thanks to the absence of customs and controls along the borders and policies in favor of immigration and reception, Talamia is the cradle of many civilizations and cultures, making it impossible to censor the actual number of languages spoken within its borders or the percentages of foreign inhabitants. However, Talamian and English are recognized as official languages of the state. The right to citizenship is guaranteed to anyone born on Talamian soil and to anyone who has resided in the country for at least five years.

The most popular sport in the country is soccer. The highest level of the professional Talamian soccer system is the Talamian Alfa League, which as of today counts fourteen teams. It operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the Talamian Beta League. The most titled team is Fortis Epops, with 29 titles won in their history. Talamia has its own national soccer representative: the Talamian National Football Team.
The new Ebdemar Au'tokra Stadium,
rebuilt in 2018.

The Ebdemar Au'tokra Stadium, our home
Clinepalas counts 10,029,416 inhabitants and it's the largest city in the country. Located on the mouth of the Drahma River, it overlooks the Herrebrugh Sea. Being the oldest city, it is also the one with the largest number of places of interest and monuments. The national body responsible for managing the Talamian cultural heritage is ko.de.pa.so., and among others, one of the places it controls is the Ebdemar Au'tkora Stadium.

Initially built for HoopoeBall, the Ebdemar Au'tokra Stadium has always been the home of our National Football Team, since its founding. Talamia played their first match at the stadium on November 30 1914 against Sörslúth, winning 6-2. The stadium has undergone many renovations over time, before being permanently closed and then demolished in 2015, in its hundredth birthday. For a period of three years, the team played their home games in various stadiums around Talamia as the Ebdemar Au'tokra was beaing completely rebuilt. The first match played in the new stadium that just reopened took place on 22 April 2018 and it was once again against Sörslúth. The stadium is today owned by the city of Clinepalas, being considered cultural heritage.

Today, the all-seater stadium has a capacity of 84,000, and it is protected from the elements by a sliding roof that does not completely enclose it. It also has a heated ground, four LED screens and an internal restaurant, called "ArgaleOpson". Located in the Ptoco district, the stadium is in the city center, and it is easily accessible by subway (line P),bus (30, 628 or 913) and taxi. Being provided with paid parking, it can also be reached via private vehicle.

Visit us: it is easy
From the forests of Pento, to the ancient palaces of Mentrenalio, through the theatres of Anen and the monasteries of the campaigns of Crocora, the Talamian culture is among the richest and most varied in the Democratic Socialist Assembly.

Thanks to its liberal immigration policies, the absence of frontiers and customs, and thanks to the numerous port cities and its position on the Herrebrugh Sea, Talamia is home to various cultures, a crossroads of many peoples, and very easy to reach. The most important ports are those of Epacra, Clinepalas and Acroscope - recently renovated to host the fifth round of the 2020 DSA Ocean Race. But Talamia cannot be reached only by sea. If you want to fly to our hinterland, the Clinepalas airport is served by the main airlines of the world, while on the island of Pralladoke you can land in the rich airport of the rich city of Dapsopsoli, and have fun in its casinos. If you are visiting Fenika, Mon Silanies or Sörslúth, you can also enter our country by train: our cities are all connected by a dense railway network - apart from the desert region of Iseremia.
The Elothera Dapeda of Talamia

A Socialist Republic, located on the east coast of the Romaxia continent, in the south-west of the Democratic Socialist Assembly

Busoga Islands
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Busoga Islands » Wed May 20, 2020 9:03 am

The Busoga Chronicle
The Islands #1 News Source!

World Cup 85 Qualifying Draw- A Preview

The World Cup 84 Draw

LAKISKA, SOUTH ISLAND- Well, World Cup 85 Qualifying is almost upon us. We are ranked 54th in the multiverse- just on the upper end of Pot 4. It is going to be a long and brutal Qualification campaign- 15 groups of 13, with the top two in each group going directly to the Finals. No playoffs, unfortunately. The benefit of such a long World Cup Qualification campaign, of course, is that there will be no teams that will be able to fluke their way in. Maybe, over the course of a 12 game plus playoff campaign, you could get lucky. But there's no getting lucky in a season that's as long as a domestic league season in some smaller countries.

Of course, we don't know what our group is going to look like. It's hard to preview. In fact, Bethany Donnell hasn't picked her final 23 for the Qualifying campaign yet either- although that will come in short order, though BISA sources are saying she won't go public with her 23 until after the group draw has happened. So what we'll do, here, is analyze the pots! We'll talk about two scenarios from each pot- the team we'd most like avoid(aka the toughest for us to pick up 3 points against), and what would the most intriguing matchup, from a storyline perspective? For the 3 pots above us, we'll dive into explanations. But for the 9 pots below us, we'll simply list the teams. Let's dive right into it!

Pot 1
Toughest Draw: Eura

Now, of course, we actually tend to do fairly well against Pot 1 sides. It's a very interesting statistic. But let's take a look at our last three World Cup Qualification campaigns. World Cup 82 Qualifying, when we were ranked 144th in the multiverse and took on Vilita, who were world #1 and the defending World champions. We actually won, 1-0, in Vilita, in what is probably the greatest Busogan win ever. Vilita would, of course, go on to win World Cup 82, which just further highlights how crazy that win was. We, however, lost narrowly in the return match in the Busoga Islands. The next campaign, in World Cup 83 Qualifying, we drew them again in our group. And once again, in Vilita, we got a result, earning a draw. That means, in competitive games in Vilita, we are 1-0-1(W-L-T). Insane. In World Cup 84 Qualifying as well, we earned a 0-0 draw against our Pot 1 side, Mriin, in Lakiska. And even here, in AOCAF LX, we earned a draw against the defending world champions, Farfadillis, on their own soil, 2-2 against Farfadillis.

So really, although we haven't accomplished much on the world stage, we are probably one of the toughest outs in this whole tournament. Not many Pot 1 sides will want to face us. But the toughest draw, we think, is Eura. All three of those aforementioned sides were from Atlantian Oceania. Sides and players we have more experience against. But Eura? All the way in Rushmore. Supremely talented, went to the semifinals last time.

Most Intriguing Draw: Banija or Vilita

For the above mentioned reasons, Vilita would certainly be an intriguing draw for this squad. World Cup 82 and 83 Qualifying, we had them and we went toe to toe with them, twice, in Vilita. Vilita doesn't have many opponents that would especially motivate them in Pot 4, simply because they've spent three successive World Cup cycles ranked far and away #1 in the multiverse. But maybe we would? A small, plucky nation like ours, somehow sporting an undefeated record against Vilita in competitive games in Vilita? I'm sure they'd be eager to end that, if they got the chance.

The other most intriguing matchup, of course, would be Banija. It's obvious. Since our independence from them, we've intertwined our systems at the domestic level. Busogan sides have never created their own league, the country's six professional sides having chosen to stay in the Banijan pyramid, and the idea of creating even our own cup competition before Season 11 was shot down. But although the RBSA and BISA colloborate closely there, they've never organized a friendly against each other. The two have never played each other before. What a matchup that would be. Imagine the Banijan national anthem playing in Lakiska? It would be a ratings bonanza.

Pot 2
Toughest Draw: Ko-oren

This is a relatively easy one. The Busoga Islands have always been a team that would stick back and counter-attack. We play physically, we know our limits. However the similarities between the Busoga Islands and Ko-oren are what make the Dragonflies a particularly lethal opponent for us. The opportunities to counter-attack against them would be small, almost miniscule. Ko-oren would be more than content to sit back and let us go at them. It might be a very boring game- but the Islander ability to break down probably the best defensive side in Atlantian Oceania, and one of the best defensive sides in all the multiverse, would be almost none. Obviously, all of these teams are better than us, but this particularly would be a brutal matchup for the Busoga Islands.

Most Intriguing Draw: Chromatika or Siovanija & Teusland

Now, let's think of it like this- Chromatika, there is a history. Busoga Islands and Chromatika have had a number of big matches against each other in World Cup Qualifying the last two cycles. Most famously, let's take a walk back to World Cup 83 Qualifying. The closest we've ever been to getting to the World Cup in our history. The World Cup was right on either side of us, with Banija and Equestria as co-hosts. One game stood between us and the Finals. A win against Chromatika would've done it- but a draw or a loss would send us to the Cup of Harmony. And we took a 2-0 at halftime. But a trio of second half Chromatika goals made the game finish 3-3, and, painfully, we missed the final tournament by just one goal.

We played them in World Cup 84 Qualifying as well. A 2-2 draw in Chromatika early on, but Chromatika delivered one of the backbreakers of the campaign, when they dropped us at home. To play them in a third consecutive World Cup Qualifying campaign would only up the ante between the two aspiring Atlantian Oceania sides. The other intriguing matchup here, would be Siovanija & Teusland. A potential rival in the Glorious Southwest, we've never played in World Cup Qualifying. But both teams would be a tough matchup for the other. This would certainly be a match that drew all sorts of eyeballs.

Pot 3
Toughest Draw: Hapilopper

It's a tough choice coming out of Pot 3. There are a number of good sides just above the Busoga Islands in the rankings. But let's pick Hapilopper here. This is Hapilopper's third cycle, and they have been tantalizingly close to the World Cup Finals. Everyone remembers them bursting onto the scene at their Baptism of Fire, when they went a perfect 10-0-0, shredding all comers, to lift the Baptism of Fire 70 trophy in the most dominant Baptism of Fire performance of our era, and certainly one of the most dominant Baptism of Fire performances of all time. It wasn't just their record- they were shredding all comers, good teams and bad.

They've gotten a bit unlucky in prior years- but many believe that this year will be their year. Considering how close they've gotten, they will certainly be hungry. They will be a team on a mission, and a dangerous opponent for anybody who draws them in their group. It's, of course, bigger here as they are also within the aptly named Glorious Southwest. 5 nations within that zone made the Finals last time- Equestria, Valanora, Banija, Siovanija & Teusland, as well as Farfadillis. But plenty more have yet to get their first WC appearance- Timuria, Busoga Islands, and the Freeport Isles, while Qasden figures to be on the outside looking in this time around. Hapilopper is desperate to get out of the 2nd gropu and join the first group, and they seem to have a great chance to do so.

Most Intriguing Draw: Hapilopper

Not much to add, is there? Both in the GSW. Both aspiring teams trying to make the Finals for the first time. It would be a perfect match made for television.

Pot 4
That's us, hooray!

Pot 5
Toughest Draw: Euran Oceania Territories
Most Intriguing Draw: Freeport Isles

Pot 6
Toughest Draw: Omerica
Most Intriguing Draw: Osarius

Pot 7
Toughest Draw: Valladares
Most Intriguing Draw: Northwest Kalactin

Pot 8
Toughest Draw: Mavinet & Tequilo
Most Intriguing Draw: Torisakia(we'd have to give them a round of applause for the smackdown they gave Banija at the AOCAFs, eh?)

Pot 9
Toughest Draw: St Saratoga
Most Intriguing Draw: Garifunya

Pot 10
Toughest Draw: Havynwilde
Most Intriguing Draw: Independent Athletes from Quebec

Pot 11
Toughest Draw: Donnacona
Most Intriguing Draw: Southern Esportivan Union

Pot 12
Toughest Draw: Legalese
Most Intriguing Draw: The Jovannic

Pot 13
Toughest Draw: Electrum
Most Intriguing Draw: Delaclava

And now, two more possible groups for fun! One, we'll draw Banija's group from hell(because who likes the Kadongo Kamu?), and then we'll draw the ultimate Qualifying Group of Death. Let's get to it!

Banija's Group From Hell
Pot 1: Banija
Pot 2: Ko-oren(the Banijans are 0-2 against them in the Marcus Waters era. Who would put they'd turn to 0-4?)
Pot 3: Cosumar
Pot 4: Sarzonia
Pot 5: Trolleborg(they beat Banija in World Cup 84 Qualifying. A second time would be twice as nice, right?)
Pot 6: Omerica
Pot 7: Valladares
Pot 8: Tequilo
Pot 9: Garifunya
Pot 10: Astograth
Pot 11: Caelapes
Pot 12: Legalese
Pot 13: Cheergirls

And now... For the ultimate group of death. Who would be in it?

Ultimate Group of Death
Pot 1: Free Republics
Pot 2: Reçueçn
Pot 3: The Maccabees
Pot 4: Krytenia
Pot 5: Devonta
Pot 6: Squornshelous
Pot 7: Wreckeria
Pot 8: Mavinet
Pot 9: Petroslovania
Pot 10: Independent Athletes from Quebec
Pot 11: Donnacona
Pot 12: West Pocono
Pot 13: Delaclava

As you can tell, we are very ready for World Cup Qualifying. Let's get to the Finals, eh?
Last edited by Busoga Islands on Wed May 20, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Wed May 20, 2020 6:49 pm

OOC: Yes I used a picture of Jerry Trainor for the logo. He's the first person that came to my mind when I thought of the name "Bort" (aside from that one Sesame Street thing).

As you know, it was my plan to go out today to the World Cup draw watch party. But, and this is a big but, I was going to meet up with my friend Boharry, Rick the Dick, and Stevie McBanana at the watch party and I was supposed to bring a dish. So I tried to make my own nachos and while I was carrying the hot bowl out to my car when I accidentally stepped into some thick cooking oil that leaked from my garbage bin and I went sliding down the driveway, hitting into the side of my car. And straight away, the bowl was out my hand, cracked against my car, and hot cheese went everywhere faster than an electronic two-year-old. And yes, my car melted, yes. So that was that.

HA! You thought it was Murvin Alexander! But it was me, tinned Bortmorvius Dionosticles Stevens! We return once more for another rousing season of Sports With Bort. This season's theme will be World Cup 85, which Torisakia was able to attend following their successful performance in the AOCAF Cup some while ago. I'll try to focus more on the actual games this time instead of talking about how I constantly made my unreliable source's life a living hell like I did before. Think kinda like the format I used for World Bowl 37 last year, complete with game summaries and stats. Also expect more sellouts from me because the Soto Act has been kicking my ass for the past month and a half and I'm almost flat broke. So you'll have to either bear with that or find another blog to follow. What'll it be? Answer now by press the corresponding buttons on your remote control.......indeed, a wise choice.

I wish I had more to talk about in terms of the team. I covered quite a lot about them during AOCAF 60. While we've retained the same players, staff, and outrageous ticket prices, we've actually improved, believe it or not. Manager Andy Sanders has definitely turned this team into something much different than it was years ago, living in the shadow of the ice hockey team (who I hear may be making a comeback sometime soon, albeit without many of the original players). The proof was in the artificially flavored chocolate sweet milk-based dessert as Torisakia had hands-down their best international performance ever in AOCAF 60. It all started with the greatest upset in Torisakia sporting history, a 3-0 win over #6 Banija. That game lit the biggest fire that this sport has ever seen. Despite a loss a few days later against #15 Valanora, Torisakia ended up going 3-0-1, winning their group and securing a spot in the Round of 16, though they quickly made their exit after losing to eventual third-place Baker Park. Torisakia posted, statistically, the best defense in the group stage, giving up only 2 goals in 4 games. The offense left a lot to be desired as Torisakia only managed 6 goals through the group stage, tied for second lowest out of the 32 teams that qualified. This was during a time where a lot of players were doing some moving around the rosters domestically and internationally including Jordan Kallian, so that could have contributed to the issue. It might be time for us to move to a defensive style of play. Maybe a 5-2-2-1 or a 4-5-1 formation. Okay well maybe not that defensive, but we do need to begin playing to our strengths rather than trying in vain to force our weaknesses to improve.

That's really all I have football-wise. But fret not! I have one of my riveting stories to tell you all. It's about my late friend Jack Scheddle. Who the heck is Jack Scheddle, you ask? He was a Private First Class in the Army that was stationed in Corazol, Gonzalez Isle a few years ago not long after the war broke out. How did I know Jack Scheddle? Our hamsters were bunkmates at sleep-away camp. Anyway, Jack was an odd fellow. He had two bellybuttons, could make his ears wiggle up and down, and could shove an entire sausage chain up his nose. What made him want to join the Army I have no idea, but last time I ever talked to him I think he mentioned something about wanting to play a real life version of 'Hail of Burden'. So why did I refer to Jack as my "late" friend? Because he sadly passed away two years ago while a POW at a FEMOINGOLS camp somewhere in the Hiccoras. It happened on August 25. Jack and his squad were out to do some patrolling rounds in the outskirts of Corazol when they were ambushed by a gaggle of FEMOINGOLS goons and taken prisoner. Not long after, a few days later, six of Jack's squadmates had been killed and only he and his superior officer, Sergeant Bucky Bo (no relation to Boharry or Harrybo), were still alive. The FEMOINGOLS goons got them in a room and forced them to play a rousing game of Ressoaun Roulette. Jack refused to play despite the pleas from Bucky, who was hoping that if they complied they would be let go. All the while, some FEMOINGOLS goon was rambling and yelling at Jack. Jack, all fed up, turned to him and said "You don't scare me....FEMOINGOLS piece of shit!". To which the FEMOINGOLS goon responded by bashing his head in 47 times with an iron pipe, throwing Jack's lifeless corpse to the ground and going after Bucky next. You know people say to me 'if that's true, how come you're here to tell the tale?'. Fair enough, and I'll tell you. It's because, Bucky was able to escape by putting his 12 years of jiu-jitsu to use and kicked the holy barnacles out of every FEMOINGOLS goon there. He then got up and ran out the door and got away as fast as he could. By the time he got himself together, he was back at his base. Then he delivered the news of Jack Scheddle's demise. I attended his funeral. It was open-casket. Not a wise choice when dozens of kids come along. It was pretty bad, his head was deformed in like twen-

Oh well it looks like we're out of time today. So sorry I couldn't continue the story. Network regulations and all that fun stuff. Join me next time as I attempt to convince people to buy lots of SwiftShave® kits as I burn myself alive. No free shipping & handling.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Geektopia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Geektopia » Wed May 20, 2020 11:23 pm

Geektivities
*Be cool, be woke.
Reports done by Cuperton, who comes off as an asshat somehow even more so then Pentahectillion looked to be in '84

An Initial Look at the Group Stage (Part 1/4.67)

So this Wednesday the WC looks to be an interesting one from the get-go. Group stages have been released and we're reviewing ours, but without familiar sporting opponents Aimena, Nooooooooooooooo, Torisakia, Taeshan, or Free Republics anywhere to be seen on the fixture list, for the first hour, I didn't really even know what to write. Nevertheless, it's always good to have a variety of competition.

Match 1: Baggieland v Geektopia
They call themselves the Throstles, as a nation I think they and their people look to be very football centric. They also have their first choice goalkeeper which, from reading "has a commanding presence in the box". If anything, our Greenheads will probably look at this as a field day and lose control as well as forget who to pass to, especially with the glarer in goal for Baggieland. Looking on the positive though, GKTA have won most of their opening bouts facing once-fledgling nations such as Nooooooooooooooo and Nahkistan, so this should look to be a sweeper.

Match 2: Geektopia v Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom
Another debuting nation, but this XI looks to pose a bit more of a threat as they placed second in the most recent BoF and had an impressive 4-2-0 group stage tally to boot. That's more than what we can say for the Greenheads, as they withdrew before they expectedly bombed the table, finishing last on matchday. The boys will not be a generation of quitters though, for as far as an onlooker can tell, they're playing at home. If GKTA wins, they might as well build on the momentum from this encounter to stand their ground away from home as well.

Match 3: Osarius v Geektopia
This is the last game to watch for in the future before I make the blog's 'We'll Cross that Bridge When we Come to It' installation that expands on the next 3 matches while also giving an account of the Baggieland game. Onto things, though, Osarius throughout history has been a historically consistent side in terms of World Cup dominance but ever since the end of the eighties a new fathering has carried on to the XI, one that makes you wonder when you look back on Osarius pre-80s where it's all gone. That same Osarian side is definitely going to beat all of the saturation out of our Purple-Greens on both sets, though. I can just feel it.

In Other News: HR Terinntothol condemned by Geektivities for not knowing what tone is and how to use it
"I could just feel his stupidity pulsating through my body going through that newspiece", exclaimed 4-year old Geektivities site administrator Bellarugos on the topic of what really happened one night midway through Geektopia's World Bowl 37. "This one guy had a lot of pent up frustration against the Geektopian Gridiron Association so what he did was he decided to write a quippy opinion article. It wouldn't address very many points, in fact it came off as looking belligerent, sloppy, and ignorant in it's talking points. What truly buried this thing into the ground though as being heralded as one of the worst sports opinion pieces in the country's history? The very first sentence of this trash heap went on to say that 'the Geektopian Football Association [now Geektopian Gridiron Association] isn''t doing anything to change this.'. That bit of the sentence there doesn't sound like it's condemning the GGA for not shortening their roster's namesakes in any way. It's from first look, a pretty confident statement that could actually be excerpted to show the GGA's solidarity. This was the first indication that HR Terinntothol deserved to be condemned 2,985 years after his timely death.

The nail in the coffin was this conclusion statement right here: 'This is HR Terinntothol and don't forget to have common sense!'. This wasn't an original concluding statement at all, it almost sounded like a mockery of the late, great blog host Bort Stevens and the style and direction of Stevens multitude of concluding statements that frequently began with 'Take care' and ended with a wholesome piece of advice. I, for one, never fall asleep in my tub because of this Torisakian man's navylike words of auspicious fury towards Terinn. It was a wake-up call for our blog, and a needed one at that."
------------------------------
FACTBOOKS
Kings: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1198022
Language: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1288251
Rugby: Rugby Sevens Bowl (2nd), Rugby World Cup 28 (R16)
Assoc. Football: CoH 77 (2nd), Di Bradini Cup 48 (Ro16), World Cup 86 (Qualifying), CoH 78 (Group Stage), World Cup 87 (Ro16), World Cup 88 (Qualifying), Di Bradini Cup 50 (Group Stage), The National in Xanneria (1st), World Cup 89 (Qualifying), CoH 81 (Ro16), World Cup 90 (Qualifying), CoH 82 (Group Stage)
Lacrosse: World Championships 28 (Group Stage), World Championships 33 (Group Stage), World Championships 34 (Group Stage)
Kosovo is Kosovo and they play pretty good football to boot :)

Sharktail
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sharktail » Thu May 21, 2020 3:51 am

SHARKTAIL POST EP 8
TRAINING CAMP END

The time finally come.The draw for the world cup is tomorrow.23 Sharktail NT player who getting call up for wcq 85 have been training together at training camp for a mont.After the end of CMFA Melayu Archipelago Cup 4,Sahami make a few change to the roster.A few player have been dropped based on their performance in friendly and regional cup.These change including the adding of Alafi Saiban replacing David.Sharktail Vice captain Maxi have been dropped and his place taken by Salaman Razali.The last change is Jonas have been replaced by Shakir.

First week of the training camp,Sahami use it to learn more about the ability and skill his squad have.To review and test the new line up,Sahami planning a few friendly match and the nation cup to check up his new team.Two friendly match home and away have been arranged against The Javonic.Sahami make a change resting all first team player for Nation League and using reserve squad in these two matchThe first match playing in Kota Sultan Arena,Sharktail win 3-2.Depart to Javonic for the second friendly match,once again reserve squad given chance to play and win the match 1-0.

Entering the mid of second week,Sharktail start the Nation League campaign.Draw into Divison B and be one group with Havynwilde,Southern Palm Island and Baranil,Sharktail playing each other twice.For the first half,Shaktail showing good performance totally winning all three match.The attacking with sharp finishing and good command and passing same as good performance from defender,Sharktail top the league with full 9 point.Entering the third week of training camp,second half of Nation League showed a so-so performance from Sharktail.Last 3 match,Sharktail win 1,draw 1 and losing to Havynwilde with the score 1-2.

Sharktail National Team entering the last week of the trainjng camp.The week world cup qualification draw will held.Sahami feel pleased with his lads performance.To close up their final preparation for WCQ 85,Sharktail inviting accepting to invite Potato Farmer come to Kota Lama National Arena for one friendly match.This is the last frendly match for Sharktail NT.Sahami list his best line up for this match.He want them to show him the result of training camp.

Facing the team who ranked highest than them,Sahami hope it will help them be more relaxing to facing the higher ranked team.Before this Sharktail National Team have facing HUElavia,Torisakia and filindostan who placing among top ranked team.They winning two match against filindostan and Torisakia but losing against HUElavia.So Sahami aure they can become one of the challenger in group stage for qualifier.Facing Potato Farmer,Gaby score a tied up goal in minute 37.Potato farmer firstly strike in minute 20.Entering the second half,Potato Farmer play a bit slow in the early minute and gave chance for Badhri to score a goal in minute 51.Entering minute 79,Potato Farmer tied up back.Their defender performing really well in last 10 minute to cut all the chance Sharktail have.The match ended with the result 2-2.

With the end of the friendly tour,the real test start now.The draw showed Sharktail have been drawed into group 5.Some big named team in this group is Baker Park,Zawngzug,The maccabees, and Darkmania.There are top 100 team.This group also contain some team who can become tough challenge like Valladeras,Mkabia.There also the newly joined team that cannot be taken easily such as bushkrub,twicetagria and Khazajamal.Other team,Adsuri Vakolicci Haven and Celeria and squornshelous never played but they may be a silent killer that can make some suprise.Top two spot aimed by all team,all the team will give it all to take that spot.

Short note.
GROUP 5
Nation name(rank)
BAKER PARK (11)
ZWANGZUG (31)
THE MACABEES (37)
DARKMANIA (64)
VAKOLICCI HAVEN AND CELERIA (73)
VALLADERAS (123)
MKABIA (188)
KHAZAJAMAL (257)
BUSHKRUB (271)
TWICETAGRIA (325)
SQUORNSHELOUS (UR)
ADSU
NSSport Roleplayer | Melayu Archipelago Member

Maccian
Attaché

Founded: Dec 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Maccian » Thu May 21, 2020 4:25 am

Chapter 1: The Plan

Chapter 3 in the Baptism of Fire for references

Altzreikt= A collective term, usually derogatory, for members of the political parties of the Maccian Nationalist Party and the Maccian New Order

"So we're completely fucked, right? Boys and girls, this is not the Baptism of Fire where we could compete because everyone was the same rank. We are currently ranked 257th. I was optimistic coming into this tournament but goddamn! We are going against Taeshan, North Quadana, Flavovespia, Eastfield Lodge, A Flock of Seagulls, West Pocono, South Covello, Melbergia, Freeport, Main Nation Ministry, The Appraisal To The Allmighty MR TAYTO and Sylestonet in Group 4. And on top of that, it's the President's last term and election season is looming. All eyes will be on us because this tournament will be a testament of the Maccian Centrist Party. This is a shitty situation... " said Kidomasdipuetz Anjill. He slumped into his chair and put his hands over his eyes as if he was stressed.

"I should have left with the others, I'm not going out there to embarrass myself in front of the whole nation! These Altzrekit twats will have a field day if we end up fucking up here! " shouted Roma Senozen.

"No cap bro. They think we can qualify for the World Cup so easily. We are one of the worst teams in this group, we'll be lucky to even get only 7 wins. Then the Altzreikt will start campaigning for 'Maccian To Lead'. Lead in what? Failure? The destruction of our nation due to their hateful policies? Did you know they're anti-LGBT, anti-religion, anti-abortion, misogynistic, and xenophobic? If they get in power, this nation is doomed, " said Niko Ackermann.

Various shouts of agreement were heard throughout the room until the room was calmed down. What would you expect if you pack a room full of teenagers and immature young adults? You're bound to get some hysteria and over-exaggeration about how the world is doomed. Rokeny Ajiernudun yelled and told everyone to stop shouting before he gave his own opinion on the matter.

"You young guys need to calm down, we're not voting in an extremist party just because we lose to teams who are clearly superior to ours! I know we're all nervous, the schedule up ahead is gruelling considering the big teams we are going to be up against. Hell, I'm nervous as well! But we can't let fear and irrationality take over because once that has happened, we might as well sit down on the pitch and let the opponents hammer the ball into the goal for 90 minutes. The Altzreikt will not be taking over, and we will be safe to play football to the best of our abilities. There's nothing to worry about" stated Rokeny Ajiernudun.

"Man, when are you going to shut the fuck up" Football and politics are intertwined in this day and age you old bastard!" began Eztelle Zeyla.

"You guys are worried about the Altzreikt? What about the communists? Or that weird monarchist party? The fact of the matter is that either way we are fucked because without our founding father, this Centrist Party and other moderate parties will be overrun by extremist parties. Our nation's name literally comes from 'Mackay'! People want change because they feel they haven't been heard. I for one think that it is over for our nation. It's a coin toss over which party will fuck us over the most".

"Why the hell are we worried so much about politics anyway? Why aren't we studying film of our opponents and analysing it so we don't go in for a match against South Covello, Main Nation Ministry or Taeshan completely blind? If we changed our gameplan according to how they play their football, we could at least get a draw or even a win! We've got to have optimism," declared Eries Kizerain.

"Easy for you to say. No matter what happens, you'll be in a big mansion with either mummy or daddy paying for all your shit and fancy education at the best university in Maccian! You could live with Malireikser Millo or Petchre Mackay, both of whom are safe from any potential purges these damn nutjobs on the left and right may do," rebutted Swisse Kadune. Kizerain stood up and was preparing a powerful swing before the pair were separated, preventing any physical altercation.

"GUYS!" screamed Kidomasdipuetz Anjill. "Let's stop this! This is a stressful situation for Maccians everywhere, not just yourselves. Get a grip of yourselves, I know I started this whole hysteria about the upcoming elections but I'm going to end it here. I'm here to manage ya'll so that we can have the best fighting chance at these qualifiers." He paused for a moment and examined the room to make sure everybody was engaged before continuing.

"Haven't you guys heard of Baker Park? Relatively recently, this team came straight out the Baptism of Fire, bossed it in the qualifiers and made it through to the World Cup. They got through because they had drive, determination and resilience. We all, including myself, need to stop moaning about how we're getting our asses kicked because the reality of the situation is that if we wanted to, we could do very well in these qualifiers. Like Eries said, more optimism and less pessimism!"

"So our first game is against The Appraisal To The Allmighty MR TAYTO. Let's analyse their playstyle then!" bellowed Amiensha Kiyle. The whole squad cheered before settling back down into their seats and playing the match footage.

At New Lambridge, Audoti

A man stood the centre circle of the football stadium. He couldn't see more than 5 metres considering it was almost pitch black at night with no floodlights. Fast muffled footsteps quickened and quickened before coming to a halt.

"Millo took the bait. She told her son. He knows everything including Mackay's past. Everything is going according to the plan," reported the burly man in a low and gravelly voice.

"Phase 1 has been completed. Phase 2 is the hijacking of a political party. I trust you have a shortlist of the ones most suitable to our goal?"

"Either the Maccian Nationalist Party or the Maccian New Order. Personally I would go for the latter of the two just because the Maccian Nationalist Party is unelectable due to their policies despite what some may say. The Maccian New Order is still viewed negatively but doesn't have many of the policies that instantly turn away voters".

"Maccian New Order it is. The name is quite fitting for our goals. However, I do fear that we won't be able to get a puppet. Our resources are too small to do all of this on our own. I will enlist in the aid of foreign governments to provide us with funding".

"In return for what? Nothing worthwhile in life is free. They will be looking for some form of consolation".

"That can be negotiated with them. Once the qualifiers start, and the nation is distracted with football I will search for that government. Not a word of this meeting".

"Yes boss," replied the burly man. He turned around and with each footstep, he slowly vanished back into the darkness.
Yeah I'm a Yeagerist, what you gonna do about it?

What'd you expect?

Seriously, who is behind these damn AQA questions?
Currently failing maths :D

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Thu May 21, 2020 5:20 am

OOC: Original

What will you say when your child asks: Why didn't you invest in Northeastern Ko-oren?

Out of all of Ko-oren's economic macroregions, the Northeast certainly is... one of them. The most remote and least densely populated region, the Northeast has had to battle with itself most of the time. The region has worked its way from dead last in regional GDP per capita... to second-last. Several national government policies are aiming to bring the region to the forefront a little more.

Given Ko-oren's history: most of the national GDP was earned around the Bay of Ko-oren - and it's been that way for centuries. More and more economic activity sprang up around the southern coast, as well as the city of Willowbourne right in the middle between the Bay and the southern coast. Other regions had to do with the crumbs left by these areas - and some have fared quite well. For the remote west and northeast, however, there wasn't much left. The government stepped in, and is now on a mission to divert attention to these places.

The Northeast, with its cold climate, mountains, and incredible number of rivers, is a perfect area for a lot of modern industries. Natural cooling is everywhere, hydro energy is everywhere, and Ko-oren's small mining industry can do some fine things here as well. Some recent completed projects include maintenance on the region's primary airport, underwater internet cables to Yoshima, and construction is about to start on a Hazeluniversitet campus in Lamau, tying in to the Smart City Initiative, hoping to make Lamau the tech hub of the nation.

And that brings us to the question: What will you say? When your child asks you a question? When that question is: Why didn't you invest in Northeastern Ko-oren?

Datacentres, cloud services, wild tourism, unspoilt mountain ranges, clean water, plentiful electricity - get over here!

The largest cities right now:
Launott245.770Nordorenfjoll
Aevanna230.503Aerellen
Straudum214.515Sudaefjoll
Egevea125.448Aerellen
Dartha111.740Sudaefjoll
Lamau97.892Sudaefjoll
Aerellen79.034Aerellen
Almina77.023Sudaefjoll
Arboren61.049Aerellen
Serevne60.410Aerellen
Altiora50.102Aerellen

Sudaefjoll only has a few places on here, but it is the region expect to grow the most by far. Why not invest in some construction? Energy? Or, Sudaefjoll's biggest asset in the next decades: Information Technology?

Get in touch with our government officials, with the subdivisions involved, or even propose your own plans! Buy a sports team! They love association football, gridiron football, and ice hockey here!

No seriously, why don't you buy a sports club. Let us know what you're in the market for!
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Thu May 21, 2020 6:17 am

Woodstock Daily Mail

Sarzonia repeals social distancing restrictions
World Cup qualifying match moved to DWS

By Travis West and George Davies
Daily Mail Staff Writers

The social distancing restrictions in place in response to the SARS 2 novel Coronavirus outbreak that claimed the lives of 27,896 Sarzonians nationwide have been rescinded by national and local authorities after an announcement by President Grant Haffner today.

Haffner, appearing with Surgeon General Linda Carswell and Woodstock Mayor Claudia Alta, also announced that the opening World Cup qualifying match between Sarzonia and Delaclava originally scheduled to take place in Catherina will be moved to Dave Wilson Stadium in Woodstock and the Delaclav scientists and medical researchers who developed the vaccine for the virus would be honoured at the stadium.

"Based on the plummeting rate of new cases and our capacity to successfully treat those who have been infected with the virus, and upon the counsel of Dr. Carswell and Dr. [Christine Hunt, the director of Sarzonia's Centre for Infectious Disease Research, Management and Prevention], and the College of Health Practitioners, I am announcing that social distancing restrictions against gatherings of people in large numbers are repealed," Haffner said.

"In addition, I have received word through Vice President for Health and Athletics Carter Marshall that the football organisations of Sarzonia and Delaclava have reached a mutual agreement to move the opening match between our countries to Dave Wilson Stadium and to have the return leg be played in Delaclava.

"We intend for the match to be a celebration of the brilliant work done by our Delaclav friends and neighbours who once again demonstrated a wonderful spirit of cooperation with our scientists and researchers. It also will serve as a celebration of the special relationship that exists between our countries."

Haffner paused, lowered his head slightly, then closed his eyes before looking up slowly.

"We also intend to unveil a memorial for those Sarzonians who unfortunately lost their lives, and, in some cases, their livelihoods to this virus. Even one death from this virus is one too many. It's the loss of someone's child, a parent, a sibling, a significant other, a friend. We can't talk about positive outcomes when we note that people's lives were upended by this."

Carswell noted that the rate of new infections that were being treated in emergency rooms was continuing a "precipitous decline," adding that the surge facilities opened to treat the infection would remain open in the event of any potential surge in infections or a "dramatic mutation.

"We don't want to be caught flat-footed, even though the data show that we are out of the danger zone, at least for now," Carswell said.

Haffner and Alta both announced that the state of medical emergency that was implemented after the infection began was now rescinded, but national and local officials were now de-escalating to a "health advisory" to encourage the continued use of masks and face coverings and continued handwashing. However, the implementation of HaffnerCare, the universal health care system Haffner implemented by executive order with the outbreak of the virus, would continue to remain in place.

A representative for the Sarzonian health insurance lobby filed an emergency appeal to the Woodstock Circuit Court requesting to block the implementation of the health care system. The request for an emergency injunction to block the implementation of HaffnerCare was denied by a district court judge.

Among the highlights of the Sarzonian national football team's World Cup 85 qualifying schedule besides Delaclava are Nephara in what will serve as a battle between both World Cup Committee triple crown winners in the history of the multiverse, Darmen, and longtime rivals Jeruselem.

The opening kickoff for the first half of qualifying will take place on Saturday at 1 p.m. Sarzonian standard time.

When asked which football association proposed the switch from playing in Delaclava to playing in Woodstock, Haffner shrugged.

"That's a question for Carter," he said, "though I think it might have been simultaneous, to be honest."

George Davies reported from Catherina.
Last edited by Sarzonia on Sat May 30, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Thu May 21, 2020 6:34 am

World Cup Qualifying Draw puts HUElavia in Group 11!

Once again, another World Cup draw is done, with HUElavia having great anticipation towards who their opponents will be during this cycle of the Qualifiers. This time though, Los Amarillos were seeded as one of the strongest teams, being a Pot 2 team, and with a solid chance to make the Final Tournament. HUElavia (23) was placed into Group 11, and their opponents are as follows:

Blouman Empire (NR), Fujai (164), Jamestownnnn (257), Ancherion (59), South Concepthuania (NR), Vdara (132), Kandorith (66), Monglechabagd (294), Lo Santano (330), Xanneria (49), Nooooooooooooooo (109), and Equestria (8).

HUElavia was listed as the #12 team in the group, meaning the schedule and venues will be as follows:

MD 1: Jamestownnnn vs HUElavia

MD 2: HUElavia vs Acherion
(Nuevo Estadio del Rio, Rio de HUEska)

MD 3: South Concepthuania vs HUElavia

MD 4: HUElavia vs Vdara
(Estadio Verde, Gikoji)

MD 5: Kandorith vs HUElavia

MD 6: HUElavia vs Monglechabagd
(Cog Stadium, Caghia)

MD 7: Lo Santano vs HUElavia

MD 8: HUElavia vs Xanneria
(Estadio Nacional, Curumba)

MD 9: Nooooooooooooooo vs HUElavia

MD 10: Bye

MD 11: HUElavia vs Equestria
(Estadio Capital, Curumba)

MD 12: Blouman Empire vs HUElavia

MD 13: HUElavia vs Fujai
(Estadio Rias, Xinzo)

MD 14: HUElavia vs Jamestownnnn
(Estadio Municipal, Careital)

MD 15: Acherion vs HUElavia

MD 16: HUElavia vs South Concepthuania
(Arena Valla, Valla)

MD 17: Vdara vs HUElavia

MD 18: HUElavia vs Kandorith
(Takoroyama Kyougijou, Takoroyama)

MD 19: Monglechabagd vs HUElavia

MD 20: HUElavia vs Lo Santano
(Estadio de Plata, Pamallu)

MD 21: Xanneria vs HUElavia

MD 22: HUElavia vs Nooooooooooooooo
(Estadio Acuático, Bello Mar)

MD 23: Bye

MD 24: Equestria vs HUElavia

MD 25: HUElavia vs Blouman Empire
(Estadio do Oro, Ourao)

MD 26: Fujai vs HUElavia

Tickets are being sold out as this is written, but away fans will be given 15% of the total stadium capacity to watch their team play. The team and fans feel confident that HUElavia can make some noise once again and make their 2nd consecutive World Cup appearance.

FORCA HUELAVIA! VAMOS HUELAVIA! GO HUELAVIA!
Last edited by HUElavia on Thu May 21, 2020 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Chapter 1b: Using statistics to analyse friendlies?

Postby PotatoFarmers » Thu May 21, 2020 6:44 am

Poafmersia is obsessed with analysis and statistics. If you do not understand why, then you must have not been following the last World Cup cycle, from the qualifiers to the main competition, or even followed the Cup of Harmony.
The news agencies of Poafmersia had famously came up with a whole microsite (actually, not just one, but two) dedicated to the World Cup and the Cup of Harmony, and provides regular analysis of who is able to qualify for the next stage of the competitions and who is not able to. Some had even called Poafmersia the "nation of statistics", pointing out that the hosts do not have to do the job of figuring out who is eliminated as there is a Poafmer who would do it for you. Even when the microsite by Sporting Daily for the 72nd edition of the Baptism of Fire came out, it was to little fanfare, yet many foreign visitors had came into the site because they do realise that Poafmers are fantastic at doing the analysis, crunching in the numbers to determine who is eliminated, and finding out the overall KPB coefficients of each team.
The coaching team has a love-hate relationship with the news agencies. While they appreciate some of the statistics presented, such as looking at how the team has performed and finding out their hopes of qualification, they just do not like being slapped in the face and getting reports that "Poafmersia needs a miracle to qualify for the next round". However, understanding how statistics can help them, the coaching team decided to approach each of the pre-World Cup friendlies from a statistical point of view, in hopes of utilising the data to decide who they should include in the 35-member list for the qualifiers.
(OOC Note: I have taken your players from your last available roster, if you would like me to change them, do TG me or PM me on Discord)
Match 1:
Northwest Kalactin 0
Poafmersia 1
Shakira Handris 29'

Poafmersia's Starting 11: Sandi Jaliaha; Alex Pickford, Alex Hoboson, Konile Trasa, Timothy Gausun; Dargis Walshor, Goon Figsh, Daas Taisg, Daak Kalson; Shakira Handris (captain), Pete Carisa
Substitutes: Denise Pickford (for Gausun 62')

Northwest Kalactin was supposed to be a good first opponent for a team regrouping together. For Poafmersia, they were testing whether some players in the starting 11 could be broadly replaced with others, such as taking away the traditional center-back partnership of Danzik Hobosn and Pasits Rikachz for a younger and faster center-back pairing in Alex Hoboson and Konile Trasa. The defensive line turned out to work out very well. For both Alexs who held the left side, they were able to nullify the threat from Luke Dillan and Jimmy McCarthy, holding them back and preventing them from getting too close to the penalty box. Alex Hoboson's presence seems to directly counter Jimmy's ability to move quickly and tap in goals, as Alex marked Jimmy very closely and could chase him quite frequently. For Timothy Gausun who had to deal with a creative winger in Will Sanders, he did quite okay, despite occasionally letting him make passes to Jimmy McCarthy and requiring backup from Konile Trasa. Switching out to Denise Pickford in the 62nd minute seem to further solidify the defence, as Denise seems more suited to prevent creative wingers from making crosses, and allowing Trasa to move backwards to act as the last line of defence.
In midfield, Daak Kalson was forced to play after Jessie Mchargarita pulled out due to stomach flu. That was not in head coach Adnan Suliaha's playbook, as Jessie was more suited given her abilities to make accurate passes. Daak Kalson, on the other hand, was a pacier player that tend to create space to do fast passes, and against Northwest Kalactin, that is not something which can be achieved given them a huge number of their players are also pacy enough to nullify quick passing. Switching one of the central midfielder to Daas Taisg instead of Gisiik Moonar, as per the original plan, helped. Daas Taisg may not be as creative in creating chances, but he works well with Goon Figsh to ensure stability within the midfield as they were able to counter the 3-man midfield that Northwest Kalactin played. Though it was a 4-4-2, the synergy between Taisg and Figsh allowed for a smooth switch to 4-1-2-1-2 whenever it was needed, as Figsh played the holding midfielder while Daas was in charge of feeding the front 2 strikers.
As for the front line, there cannot be a better performance. Making a grand total of 15 shots, with 8 on target, Shakira and Pete was very active in front and constantly irritated the opposition defence. Kudos to Wendell Jakerein - he made quite a number of brilliant saves that showed that despite his age, he was still capable of being the man between the sticks.

Match 2:
Poafmersia 2
Pete Carisa 20', 76'
Terre Septentrionale 3
Sandie McCracken 35', 68'
Fryderyka Cwierczakiewiczowa 51'

Poafmersia's Starting 11: Sandi Jaliaha; Alex Hoboson, Danzik Hoboson (captain), Pasits Rikachz; Dargis Walshor, Gisiik Moonar, Goon Figsh, Jessie Mchargarita; Joel Haodao, Shakira Handris, Pete Carisa
Substitutes: Bytia Hisel (Handris 53'); Daas Taisg (Figsh 68')

Around the same time last year, Poafmersia also hosted Terre Septentrionale, but that match was held at the Libira National Stadium. This time round, the stadium was being used for a track and field event, so they moved it to Mancodas, playing it at Mancodas City's home ground, the Camp of Power. Everyone welcomed the match against Terre Septentrionale for various reasons. For Mancodanians (people of Mancodas), they were especially happy to see a match in their city, and they turned out in force to support the team. For the PFFA, they were considering the use of other stadiums for the 12 home matches throughout the campaign, and 2 stadiums in Mancodas was being considered (the other was Mancodas Athletic FC's Mancodas Complex, part of the Mancodas Sports Hub). For head coach Adnan Suliaha, the match was chosen with a purpose - to see whether the players had grown from their last campaign, with a common basis of comparison being the same opponent - Terre Septentrionale. An opponent on a similar level was what the coaches wanted, and they agreed with this opponent considering they were also willing to come down to Poafmersia again.
There was a few talking points from the match. First was the problem of dealing with teams who utilise a 5-man midfield to overwhelm Poafmersia in the middle of the park. Originally, Adnan thought it was a lack of a holding midfielder that cause the troubles, and therefore put in Figsh to ensure a more solid defence. The last time the two sides played, Adnan used a 4-3-3, but the opposition was able to retreat deeper after getting a first goal to prevent Poafmersia from scoring. This time round, a switch to a 3-4-3 formation helped, but the team still lacked the edge as the strikers were often forced to move backwards to regain possession. When one striker move backwards, suddenly Poafmersia's advantage in having 3 strikers was gone, as it in turn freed Terre's defence. Secondly, Handris was unable to deal with 2 players consistently marking him, and being forced to move backwards to help the midfield was not his strong suit as he was a natural poacher up in front. Playing Bytia Hisel instead helped as Bytia was more flexible, though Poafmersia's attacks became much slower without a poacher up in front threatening to score, as Bytia is a more traditional number 9. However, the performance of Daas Taisg and Gisiik Moonar in central midfield was something which got Adnan thinking, as the two of them complemented each other despite being both more offensive oriented in general. Daas Taisg's introduction helped Pete Carisa to gain his second goal of the night, as he make a very nice through pass from the back to Gisiik Moonar, and Moonar promptly found Carisa in front to score his second of the night.

Match 3:
Filindostan 4
Teterissa 21', 62'
Tisang 53'
Tuhuteru 72'
Poafmersia 2
Joel Haodao 40'
Shakira Handris 84'

Poafmersia's Starting 11: Sandi Jaliaha; Alex Pickford, Danzik Hoboson (c), Pasits Rikachz, Denise Pickford; Dargis Walshor, Gisiik Moonar, Jessie Mchargarita; Joel Haodao, Shakira Handris, Pete Carisa
Substitutes: Daak Kalson (Mchargarita 55'); Stegaj Johnatson (Gisiik 72')

Since we are analysing the matches after the draw occurred, we would like to declare that the PFFA arranged the match with their Filindostan counterparts before the group stage draw, and it happened way before the draw occurred. Nobody would have thought that both sides would become group mates again in the World Cup, but now that the draw has became reality, this match would surely become the most analysed match before the two sides meet again in Matchday 7 and 20.
The team loves falling apart at the wrong times. Fielding a standard first 11, Adnan had wanted this to be a real test of the players' abilities, but the players imploded in the most ridiculous fashion. First, it was a mistake on Danzik's part, allowing Teterissa to run past the defence and then allowing Tisang to sneak a through pass over to Teterissa. The way Tisang did it meant that it was very possible to block the ball. Somehow, Danzik didn't take notice and failed to stop the ball, allowing Teterissa to open the scoring for the home side. Although Joel Haodao was able to equalise through a one-two with Pete Carisa, Poafmersia was caught napping in the second half, allowing Filindostan to take the lead and then dominate the match from the 45th minute till the substitution of Gisiik in the 72nd minute, where Stegaj Johnatson came and steadied the ship in the midfield. What went wrong? A lack of focus on the small things, making mistakes that are only committed by beginners, and other ridiculous issues. When the opposition sensed weakness within the Red Panijas, they pressed higher up the field. But instead of counteracting, the midfield simply moved backwards. Gisiik Moonar was in a mess the entire game, disappearing during key plays and was totally missing towards the end of his appearance, where he got substituted by Stegaj. Stegaj's presence really changed the game, though, and his performance was the only positive point for the away side. Although his position for his club was being the attacking central midfielder, being in a defence-oriented club had helped Stegaj understand when he needed to focus on steadying the defence and when he needed to push forward. Though he only played for 28 minutes, it was a relatively good audition and Adnan was talking about him after the match.

Match 4:
Sharktail 2
Gaby 31'
Badhri 52'
Poafmersia 2
Joel Haodao 20'
Shakira Handris 79'

Poafmersia's Starting 11: Sandi Jaliaha; Alex Pickford, Danzik Hoboson (c), Pasits Rikachz, Denise Pickford; Matthew Tibrise, Stegaj Johnatson, Jessie Mchargarita; Joel Haodao, Shakira Handris, Pete Carisa
Substitutes: Alex Hoboson (Rikachz 45')

After a bad result, the players came to Sharktail attempting to redeem themselves. However, the coaching team already had other ideas. The only problem was that many of the players are stuck at the Wonder Cup, and experimenting with other things had to wait until the next 3 matches, which wasn't the best time to test it considering most of them are newcomers that came out of the Baptism of Fire. So against Sharktail, they allowed many of the old players to redeem themselves, and started them. The result? Still not as good. Sharktail, despite being an unranked side, was a returning team coming into the qualifiers, and they had previous international football experience being a member of the Melayu Archipelago. Stegaj's presence in the midfield provided balance to the team, as he was often willing to dig deep to defend. But if you were to ask him to be that creative attacking midfielder, he isn't as good as Daas Taisg or Gisiik Moonar. Sure, against Sharktail, none of this was required as the strikers were given the opportunity to free roam and create their own chances, but surely the coaches need to known when to find the balance. Pasits and Danzik's defensive abilities also raised alarms, given how they left Gaby unmarked for Sharktail's first goal.

Match 5:
Poafmersia 5
Pete Carisa 10', 49'
Joel Haodao 23', 87'
Bytia Hisel 69'
Torisakia 2
Kallian 42', 58'

Poafmersia's Starting 11: Dikash Johikas; Graciia Warisian, Alex Hoboson, Ftiks Wariq, Timothy Gausun; Matthew Tibrise, Donk Mason, Danill Trasa; Joel Haodao (c), Bytia Hisel, Pete Carisa
Substitutes: None

Match 6:
Maccian 2
Zeyla 60'
Kiyle 76'
Poafmersia 7
Shakira Handris 8', 47', 63'
Joel Haodao 20', 35'
Pete Carisa 52'
Bytia Hisel 89'

Poafmersia's Starting 11: Dikash Johikas; Alex Pickford, Alex Hoboson, Ftiks Wariq, Timothy Gausun; Dargis Walshor, Donk Mason, Danill Trasa; Joel Haodao, Shakira Handris (c), Pete Carisa
Substitutes: Bytia Hisel (Handris 70')

Against Torisakia, another of those sides who missed the last cycle but are making a comeback this cycle, Poafmersia dominated. But a look at the starting 11 and you would realise what happened. Switching out traditional starters for a completely new look first 11 which include a few first-timers, such as Ftiks Wariq and Donk Mason, the side showcased brimming confidence that made the home fans felt like they were seeing Poafmersia at the Baptism of Fire again. Free-flowing attacking football was on display, as the midfield trio of Matthew Tibrise, Donk Mason and Danill Trasa was on fine form. For Donk Mason and Danill Trasa, who are teammates at the club level with Dury FC, both of them had synergy with each other and was able to control the middle of the park. Matthew Tibrise, a more defensive-minded player, complemented well with the two of them in helping to shore up the left flank.
At Maccian, the players felt even more at ease against a bunch of teenagers making their World Cup debut. Making only 3 changes, the side was too fast for the younger players. It wasn't that Maccian wasn't a strong side, but just that on this day, the Poafmersian players showcased top fine form and utilise their speed and experience to plunder 7 goals. Dominating with 61% possession, 89% pass completion, and with the front 3 players (including Bytia) touching the ball for a combined 26 minutes, you cannot expect a low scoring match

Match 7:
Poafmersia 3
Joel Haodao 8'
Shakira Handris 46'
Hansel Tang 64'
Mavinet 1
Vo Thanh Hai 79'

Poafmersia's Starting 11: Sandi Jaliaha; Alex Pickford, Alex Hoboson, Ftiks Wariq, Timothy Gausun; Dargis Walshor, Donk Mason, Danill Trasa; Joel Haodao, Shakira Handris (c), Pete Carisa
Substitutes: Hansel Tang (Haodao 52'); Denise Pickford (Gausun 70')

Ah yes. A match against the new Baptism of Fire champions helped to confirm what Adnan was thinking. Mavinet proved to be that tricky test, and the new starting 11 performed excellently. Donk Mason is an all-rounded midfielder, and has quite a good balance of the different abilities. Although his does not excel in creating chances like Gisiik Moonar, providing ball control like Daas Taisg, being able to work as a holding midfielder like Goon Figsh, or providing the pace and space awareness like Stegaj, he does a bit of both as an outright central midfielder without any attacking or defending tendency. He could be a good alternative against some sides which demand it, such as Mavinet. Mavinet don't have a lot of experience in international football, but against any form of opposition, they cope particularly well. This is the type of opponents that create a lot of trouble for Poafmersia, and Adnan was happy that he found a starting 11 that can cope with such a team. When Mavinet push forward, the midfield would step forward to block the assault, looking for opportunities to counter attack. When Mavinet refuse to return the ball, Donk Mason would step forward and put pressure on the defence. He was also there for the second goal, taking the ball immediately after the restart, running past 2 midfielders and finding Handris to allow Poafmersia to lead 2-0 up. His work attitude is of a high standard, running 9.78km throughout the game, touching the ball 89 times. Now Adnan has been wondering why he missed the last World Cup qualification.

So the above was the analysis of each and every pre-qualifier friendly. With that info, head coach Adnan Suliaha is expected to submit his roster of players soon. Chances are, the starting 11 might greatly change from the last tournament, and that a few surprise names would be dropped.

Extracted from the Sporting Daily
Poafmersia gets an interesting group for World Cup Qualifiers
Report by Roisig Hansa
Fiskadaha - World Cup 85 hosts Miriin and Farfadillis yesterday released the official groups of the World Cup Qualifiers as well as the fixture list, allowing Poafmersia some time to prepare for the opponents and understanding their odds of qualification. Being in Pot 5 means that Poafmersia needs to overcome 3 of the top 4 seeds to qualify for the tournament proper, though it wouldn't be easy after looking at the group.
Group 15, sorted by Seed
Brenecia (13)
Reçueçn (28)
Damukuni (44)
Filindostan (50)
Poafmersia (71)
Crystalline Caverns (91)
Andromeda Island Group (134)
The Grearish Union (212)
Qvardax (264)
Independent Athletes from Quebec (311)
Shokpos (330)
Revatnagar (338)
Emastalia (UR)

Having seen the group, are there names you find familiar? Here, we go through the teams one by one to give our readers an understanding of the sides Poafmersia would face in the World Cup Qualifiers.
Nation: Brenecia
Nicknames: the Patriots
Seed: 1
KPB Rank (Pre-WC85 Qualifiers): 13th
Expected Formations: 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1
Performance at the WCQ84: 2nd place in Group 2, W-D-L of 14-4-2 and GF/GA of 50/25 (1st place was Banija)
Performance at the WC84: Round of 16 (eliminated by Banija)
Previous meetings with Poafmersia: None

One of the weaker 1st seeds you can get based on rank, but definitely not a weak team. They are known for their ability to press opposition teams high up in the field and also to out pace their opponents. If you had not realised, this is exactly the ultimate model that Adnan wants to follow, that is, to use pace to overwhelm their opponents and constantly be pushing back the opposition defences. When, however, you try to play the masters at their own game, something has to give way. The fixture list (as we would talk about below) even decided to play Poafmersia a favour by setting this match as the first match of the qualifiers. If Poafmersia can get pass this tough test, then surely Adnan must have found the correct team to represent Poafmersia.

Nation: Reçueçn
Nicknames: The Unicorns
Seed: 2
KPB Rank (Pre-WC85 Qualifiers): 28th
Expected Formations: 4-5-1
Performance at the WCQ84: 2nd place in Group 13, W-D-L of 10-6-4 and GF/GA of 26/17 (1st place was Eura)
Performance at the WC84: Group Stage (3rd in Group 8 behind Starblaydia and The Holy Empire)

"Living the dream", as they say. Their recent resurgence has been largely admired by many teams, but do give their coach credit. The tactical flexibility that they have allows them to provide surprises against each and every opponent. Furthermore, the talent on their team cannot be underestimated. Their defence, for instance, is well admired, especially in this era where everyone else is pursuing attacking football. Bikarish fans would surely understand how Reçueçn could be deadly when teams are napping, considering that the biggest domestic club in Reçueçn, Reçueçn FC (no typo with the name there), trashed Bikarish 3-0 at home and 4-0 away during the Group Stage of the Liga dos Vencedores. With the national team goalkeeper being the same one that stopped Bikarish from scoring during the Liga dos Vencedores, you can probably understand why Poafmersia should be scared.

Nation: Damukuni
Seed: 3
KPB Rank (Pre-WC85 Qualifiers): 44th
Expected Formations: 4-4-2
Performance at the WCQ84: 3rd place in Group 13, W-D-L of 10-4-6 and GF/GA of 43/31 (Top 2 places was Eura, Reçueçn)

You know, finding video clippings of matches was difficult, so we had to rely on match accounts of teams who played against Damukuni. We don't really have much information about how they play, though we understand that they are a offensive side playing a classical 4-4-2 in a very solid manner. Probably we can hear a bit from the members of the Reçueçn national team who has played them last cycle.

Nation: Filindostan
Nickname: Pula Garuda (Red Garuda)
Seed: 4
KPB Rank (Pre-WC85 Qualifiers): 50th
Expected Formations: 4-3-3, 3-4-3
Performance at the WCQ84: 5th place in Group 8, W-D-L of 7-7-6 and GF/GA of 36/31 (Top 2 places was South Covello, Qasden)
Performance at the CoH76: Quarterfinals (Eliminated by Sarzonia
Previous meetings with Poafmersia: W-D-L of 0-1-1
Pre-WCQ84, Poafmersia 2-2 Filindostan
Pre-WCQ85, Filindostan 4-2 Poafmersia

When the draw came out, probably the coaches and the national team must be presently surprised to get them as their fourth seeds. When the two sides met in a friendly two weeks ago, the team there performed terribly, and Poafmersia was constantly beaten by the home side. (If you had read about the drama of the 26th Campionato Esportiva, then you would have heard about the stadium riots that occurred and know about their fans.) Really, Filindostan is particularly offensive squad, who constantly look for goal scoring opportunities whenever they hold possession. If anything, their play style would remind you of some of the styles adopted by Poafmersian clubs locally.

Nation: Crystalline Caverns
Seed: 6
KPB Rank (Pre-WC85 Qualifiers): 91st
Performance at the WCQ84: 9th place in Group 2, W-D-L of 5-2-13 and GF/GA of 39/51 (Top 2 places was Banija, Brenecia)

Little is known about this team, considering that they did not present a roster at the last qualifiers. They had a particularly poor performance last qualification, placing 9th out of 11th. Considering that they are the 6 seeds, Poafmersia should be wary of slipping up against this side.

Nation: Andromeda Island Group
Nickname: The Andromeda Eagles
Seed: 7
KPB Rank (Pre-WC85 Qualifiers): 134th
Expected Formations: 4-3-3, 3-4-3
Performance at the WCQ84: 7th place in Group 13, W-D-L of 6-6-8 and GF/GA of 39/46 (Top 2 places was Eura, Reçueçn)

By now, you must be wondering why these teams all met each other the last cycle. Like Poafmersia, this side begun their World Cup story last season. Unlike Poafmersia, they did not participate in the Baptism of Fire, and came into the qualifiers unranked. However, they managed to get a decent result last qualifiers, using a particularly offensive 3-3-4 formation that aims to score goals as a means to win.

Nation: The Grearish Union
Seed: 8
KPB Rank (Pre-WC85 Qualifiers): 212nd
Performance at the WCQ84: None
Performance at the BoF72: Quarterfinals (eliminated by Riena on penalties)

Another one of those offensive sides that have came through the Baptism of Fire this cycle. Their performance has been closely followed by a number of Poafmers, including their large 7-3 win over The Mann Clan in the Round of 32 that caught the attention of many in the sporting world. During the Baptism of Fire, the particularly young side show lots of energy, as seen by how their players zipped around to nip in goals. Though they eventually lost to Riena in the Quarterfinals, their play style has probably attracted some fans around the world. Since their default starting 11 averages around 21.5 for the BoF, it would be interesting to see how this group of young players are able to cause trouble here in the qualifiers.

Nation: Qvardax
Seed: 9
KPB Rank (Pre-WC85 Qualifiers): 264th
Expected Formations: 4-5-1
Performance at the BoF72: Round of 16 (eliminated by Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom)

Like The Grearish Union, this side came through the Baptism of Fire this cycle, coming out of the same group (The Grearish Union was first while Qvardax was third) before getting eliminated by eventual runners-up Zeta Reka and Hugeltaldom. Yes, you didn't get us wrong. Everyone thus far have met at least one other team in this group in the past cycle. (We forget to mention that Filindostan did play Damukuni too during the Campionato Esportiva.) Unlike The Grearish Union, this side plays a more defensive style, choosing to defend deep and park the bus until they find the opportunity to score. Their defensive style should provide for some interesting matches against the other teams in the group.

Nation: Independent Athletes from Quebec
Seed: 10
KPB Rank (Pre-WC85 Qualifiers): 311st
Performance at the BoF72: Group Stage (5th in Group H, behind The Grearish Union, Alba and Cymru, Qvardax and The Veiled Islands)

Another side that came through the Baptism of Fire this cycle, though little is known about the team apart from their performances at the Group Stage. They have yet to submit a roster nor provide details about their team members during the Baptism of Fire, and did none of it for the World Cup Qualifiers as at press time.

Nation: Shokpos
Seed: 11
KPB Rank (Pre-WC85 Qualifiers): 330th
Performance at the BoF72: Group Stage (7th in Group E, behind Lake Esper, Villablanca, Mavinet and When U Die)

Another side that came through the Baptism of Fire this cycle, though little is known about the team apart from their performances at the Group Stage. They have yet to submit a roster nor provide details about their team members during the Baptism of Fire, and did none of it for the World Cup Qualifiers as at press time.

Nation: Revatnagar
Seed: 12
KPB Rank (Pre-WC85 Qualifiers): 338th
Performance at the BoF72: Group Stage (7th in Group G, behind Tequilo, Kohnhead, South Newlandia, Havynwilde)

Nation: Emastalia
Seed: 13
KPB Rank (Pre-WC85 Qualifiers): Unranked

Debuting for the first time in the World Cup Qualifiers, we are not sure how this team plays, though we do have a copy of their team roster. Since none of these players are familiar faces, we shall have to wait to find out how the team plays.

As for the fixture list, it seems pretty unforgiving. Poafmersia begins their campaign away at top seeds Brenecia, and surely grabbing a draw there would be a fantastic start to the campaign. Poafmersia then host 10th seed Quebec at home before a trip to 9th seed Qvardax, and both matches would be must-wins for the team. They then host 3rd seeds Damukuni in matchday 4 before a tricky trip to 2nd seeds Reçueçn in matchday 5. For Poafmersia, matchday 4 and 5 are the most important matches as wins for Poafmersia would upset the pecking order and allow Poafmersia to steal a spot. By the time Matchday 5 is done and dusted, the direction of the group would surely have been set, since the second, third and fourth seeds would have completed their first round robin. Hosting The Gearish Union in Matchday 6 before a trip to Filindostan in Matchday 7 means Poafmersia could not relax at all, considering that the former is a team coming from the Baptism of Fire that is likely to spring surprises, while the latter are the 4th seeds. Bye matchdays are typically matchdays where teams take an additional friendly, but the hectic fixture list means that the PFFA is unlikely to agree to a friendly on Matchday 8. A series of matches against lower ranked teams round up the remainder of the first half of the schedule, with the away trips to Andromeda Island Group and Crystalline Caverns being the match to watch.
Poafmersia's Fixture List
Matchday 1 - Brenecia (A)
Matchday 2 - Independent Athletes from Quebec (H) @ TBA
Matchday 3 - Qvardax (A)
Matchday 4 - Damukuni (H) @ Libira National Stadium (cap. 68,000)
Matchday 5 - Reçueçn (A)
Matchday 6 - The Grearish Union (H) @ TBA
Matchday 7 - Filindostan (A)
Matchday 8 - Bye
Matchday 9 - Shokpos (H) @ TBA
Matchday 10 - Andromeda Island Group (A)
Matchday 11 - Revatnagar (H) @ TBA
Matchday 12 - Crystalline Caverns (A)
Matchday 13 - Emastalia (H) @ TBA
Matchday 14 - Brenecia (H) @ Libira National Stadium (cap. 68,000)
Matchday 15 - Independent Athletes from Quebec (A)
Matchday 16 - Qvardax (H) @ TBA
Matchday 17 - Damukuni (A)
Matchday 18 - Reçueçn (H) @ Libira National Stadium (cap. 68,000)
Matchday 19 - The Grearish Union (A)
Matchday 20 - Filindostan (H) @ Libira National Stadium (cap. 68,000)
Matchday 21 - Bye
Matchday 22 - Shokpos (A)
Matchday 23 - Andromeda Island Group (H) @ TBA
Matchday 24 - Revatnagar (A)
Matchday 25 - Crystalline Caverns (H) @ TBA
Matchday 26 - Emastalia (A)

Other key Matches for Group 15 (1st Half)
Matchday 1 - Damukuni vs Reçueçn
Matchday 1 - Crystalline Caverns vs Andromeda Island Group
Matchday 3 - Damukuni vs Filindostan
Matchday 3 - Brenecia vs Andromeda Island Group
Matchday 4 - Filindostan vs Reçueçn
Matchday 5 - Brenecia vs Crystalline Caverns
Matchday 6 - Andromeda Island Group vs Damukuni
Matchday 7 - Reçueçn vs Andromeda Island Group
Matchday 8 - Crystalline Caverns vs Damukuni
Matchday 9 - Reçueçn vs Crystalline Caverns
Matchday 9 - Filindostan vs Andromeda Island Group
Matchday 10 - Brenecia vs Damukuni
Matchday 11 - Reçueçn vs Brenecia
Matchday 11 - Filindostan vs Crystalline Caverns
Matchday 13 - Filindostan vs Brenecia

An anonymous PFFA official has confirmed that the main broadcasters in Poafmersia have agreed to broadcast the bigger matches in Group 15, albeit some of them having delayed broadcast as they clash with the national team's matches. They have also confirmed that some of the matches would not be held in Libira National Stadium, though which matches are those would be confirmed at a later date. Big matches against the top 4 seeds would, however, definitely be held in Libira, as reflected in the fixture list above.
In other news, the Sporting Daily has came out with the WCQ85 edition of the World Cup microsite, allowing World Cup followers around the world to follow the latest results and updates live.
Last edited by PotatoFarmers on Thu May 21, 2020 7:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Tamgu
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamgu » Thu May 21, 2020 9:11 am

WC85 Group Draw on S4TV: Live from Mriin

A. Gamotan: Welcome people, to the new World Cup's group draws, being broadcasted live to Tamgu exclusively by S4TV!

*crowd applause*

It's a new World Cup, new hopes, new goals, and hopefully new success. I can sense the atmosphere, everyone is excited and so am I, how do you feel Vali?

V. Ortanges: How can I not be excited Advan! I've been waiting the whole week to see where our beloved Tamgu would be placed in the Groups. I and my friends stayed up until 3 AM last night calculating which teams are statistically the best teams we could pick.

A. Gamotan: That's interesting, let's discuss them after the draw to see how the real draw, which will start very soon, compares.
Here we go, the ex Mriin International has taken his place behind the first pot.

Announcer: Group 1, Turori! Group 2, Kita-Hinode!

(Skip to pot 5)

A. Gamotan: It's time for us to find out which group Tamgu is in. Which one do you think is favorable for us?

V. Ortanges: It's hard to say, The groups aren't that far from each other, I guess uhhh...group 13?

Announcer: Group 10, Trolleborg! Group 11, Kandorith! Group 12, Geektopia! Group 13, Tamgu!

A. Gamotan: Group 13 it is, according to Vali that's the best group we could be in right now. Let's see the rest of the groups and analyze them with the guys back at the studio in Tamgu.

(skiiiiiiiiiiiiip)

A. Gamotan: Hello, can I be heard?

E. Tamato: Yup, loud and clear.

U. Asuma: Uh-huh.

A. Gamotan: What do you gents think about the group?

U. Asuma: It looks very promising. Valanora was one of the best pot 1 teams we could've picked, second to South Covello.

V. Ortanges: Valanora is lower on ranking, but statistically we could have a better chance against The Holy Empire, a team with a slightly weaker defense.

E. Tamato: I believe their attacking power would balance things out. Valanora doesn't score as much and is less attacking than us.

A. Gamotan: Don't you think, that at such a high level, speaking entirely based on statistics can't be enough to judge a team? Also their executions of their plans is probably more important than what the plans are. For example, we can have all the possession against a team that has an excellent defense, and they could very well defend for the whole 90.

U. Asuma: I think discussion about the pot 1 teams won't go anywhere, they're all objectively leagues above us, let's talk about our pot 4 and 6 opponents.

V. Ortanges: Good idea, The Holy Empire still would've been better.

U. Asuma: Vali.

E. Tamato: *coughs* Eraman from pot 4, and Bliuji from pot 6, right?

A. Gamotan: Eraman... They're pretty low on pot 4, but their defensive record looks a little worrying.

V. Ortanges: My pick in pot 4 was Sajnur, good defensive record, a team we have played before and beat by quite a margin.;)

U. Asuma: That's a good pick, mine is Ancherion. Plus Sajnur might be looking for an opportunity to take revenge.

E. Tamato: Bliuji in my opinion isn't that bad of a pick.

V. Ortanges: Could be worse, I prefer Gyatso-Kai.

A. Gamotan: Well, they're bottom of the pot, but Crystaline Caverns looks to be an easier matchup than them.

U. Asuma: Good point, last WC they were not themselves, dropped down 20 ranks. It's surely going to affect their morale.

A. Gamotan: Well, that's it! we've run out of time in Miriin, When we get back the analysis will be even more detailed, so tune in next time to S4TV! Hey! Let me go! Cut! Cut! I get it, we're going!

V. Ortanges: Woah!

*camera gets thrown at the ground*
*technical difficulties screen*
UNITED STATES OF TAMGU

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Boot It!: The Draw Is Done, Here's How It Looks

Postby TJUN-ia » Thu May 21, 2020 10:19 am

It's that time once again where a hundred and something nations come together to figure out who is the best footballing nation. Defending Champions and 2nd ranked team Farfadillis will co-host this tournament with 18th ranked Mriin and they have delivered to the multiverse a draw that will tell the tale of WC85. 15 Groups of 13 teams each, 2 more per group than the last World Cup, and we managed to get into Group 1 itself. But who is with us and where will they play when they arrive in TJUN-ia?

GROUP 1

Pot 1: Turori (12)
The less-successful, but still powerful, brother of Vilita itself, The Eels are desperate for the success of its brother but nothing has come as of yet for the Island Emirate. More on the defensive side, they may turn out their Cocoabo squad again due to the length of the qualification period. We don't know if the Jaguars will face either man or Cocoabo, but it will be a great match-up none the less.

Pot 2: Audioslavia (22)
Considered by many to "the Godfather" of multiversal sport, Audioslavia's Bulls are 2-time champs. However, they have been on a drought since WC65, settling for 2nd place 4 times. Their main weapon is the art of "Kontrapuntzeka" - counter-attacking football. But if things don't go their way they are known to cheat. And the TJUN-ian crowd will not like that at all.

Pot 3: New Lusitania and the Algarves (42)
Many at home will have heard of New Lusitania: defending champions of the IAC and the team the beat TJUN-ia in a tight Quarterfinal in HUElavia. It was the furthest TJUN-ia had ever been while the IAC crown was the first-ever for the Selecção. Playing a style similar to what the Jags hope to use this cycle, these 2 games will be one of history and potential momentum.

Pot 4: Sajnur (57)
Sajnur (not Sanjur) is expected to play a more attacking game than the Blue and Orange. They were expected to do well at IAC9 but crashed out with only 2 points to their name. A bit of redemption is on the cards for this team. Expect goals when we play them.

Pot 5: Euran Oceania Territories (84)
The Atlantian Oceanian territory controlled by Rushmore's Eura (ranked 3rd), The Expats are known for pure attacking football. They play "Skorjiball" - which can only be described as "aggressive fluidity halted by the manager, Skorji Oslograd, doing something unexplainable". Goals are to be expected here since many will be trying to figure out what in the actual fuck Skorji is doing.

Pot 7: Natanians and Nosts (131)
The first nation behind us on KPB, these guys are making their return after deciding to skip WC84. The last known N&N team we have, from WC83, played mostly defensively but with them being out for an entire cycle, who knows what strategy they might pull out when they play us.

Pot 8: Muradil (212)
Our first nation from the most recent Baptism of Fire, Muradil are coming into WC85 after losing a tight game against eventual winners Mavinet on penalties. The team was rebuilt after a disastrous debut campaign in the 60th AOCAF Cup, and the current side plays very attacking football. More Goals? We think so...

Pot 9: Villablanca (235)
Another Last 16 team from the Baptism of Fire, Villablanca lost in extra time to Reina (Reinnic Isles) in a 9 goal thriller. The team will be as 'normal' as you can get, as we have no idea how they will play. Always interesting to come against teams like these...

Pot 10: Astograth (303)
Now here is a team we do have up-to-date information on, as of publication. Olibondeka, or The Olives, look to play in a flexible 4-2-3-1 formation with a solid defensive game plan. The local FAF has already confirmed that the game vs TJUN-ia will be played at Castle Hill in Gesterlake, so you can start planning the away day now.

Pot 11: Porticalia (330)
The 3rd BoF team in this group, Porticalia is the enigma. We have nothing on this team: no lineups, no gameplan, nothing. All we do know is that they finished 2nd from last in their BoF group, winning only one game out of six. We should be favourites, but we shouldn't underestimate them either. Anything can happen in WCQ - just look at what we did last time!

Pot 12: Necosia (341)
Like Porticalia, Necosia is a BoF nation that we have nothing on. They finished bottom of their group with only the one draw to their name. They did, however, also participate in the recent Pan-Pacific Cup, finishing 3rd in their 4-team group with a solitary win. They have more experience then, but the rest is a mystery.

Pot 13: Jeckland (UR)
Out of all of the teams in this group, the Spuds are the biggest wildcard of them all. Returning to the WC for the first time since 81, they made headlines across the multiverse for their 4th place run in the most recent Campionato Esportiva. The team that did that played a familiar 4-3-3 formation, although they are considered less attacking than the Jags. If there is anyone to look out for below us in the rankings, it's the Spuds.

SCHEDULE (Updates on stadiums will occur as soon as we get them)
MD1: @Audioslavia (22) - Arena Kirola, Cathair
MD2: vs Euran Oceania Territories (84) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City
MD3: @Porticalia (330)
MD4: vs Sajnur (57) - Tiankong Stadium, Tiankong
MD5: @Jeckland (UR) - Jecken Stadium, Rack City
MD6: vs Natanians and Nosts (131) - Beregozera Stadium, Szensky
MD7: @Villablanca (235)
MD8: BYE
MD9: vs New Lusitania and the Algarves (42) - Beregozera Stadium, Szensky
MD10: @Necosia (341)
MD11: vs Turori (12) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City
MD12: @Astograth (303) - Castle Hill, Gesterlake
MD13: vs Muradil (212) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City
-----------------------Off Day---------------------------
MD14: vs Audioslavia (22) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City
MD15: @Euran Oceania Territories (84)
MD16: vs Porticalia (330) - Tiankong Stadium, Tiankong
MD17: @Sajnur (57) - ?
MD18: vs Jeckland (UR) - Tiankong Stadium, Tiankong
MD19: @Natanians and Nosts (131) - Stadion Nacional (?)
MD20: vs Villablanca (235) - Beregozera Stadium, Szensky
MD21: BYE
MD22: @New Lusitania and the Algarves (42) - Estádio Dom Dinis, Leiria
MD23: vs Necosia (341) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City
MD24: @Turori (12)
MD25: vs Astograth (303) - National Stadium, TJUN-ia City
MD26: @Muradil (212)
Last edited by TJUN-ia on Sat May 23, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Vdara
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 10, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vdara » Thu May 21, 2020 12:36 pm

The Draw

Hundreds of thousands of Vdarans are watching TV, eagerly awaiting the draw. Last time out they had a decent draw, but this time out they hoped for better. This could be their year. This could be Vdara’s year. As the news broadcast comes to a close, the credits begin rolling. A voice is heard.

”Next up, we have... the World Cup draw! Tune into Vai 1 or Vai Sports to see the draw live in 2 minutes!”

The credits end. The adverts begin. Nobody cares about the adverts really, do they? Go get your snacks, drinks and the like. This is gonna be a good watch.
After a minute and a half of adverts, it’s time for the live watch of the World Cup 85 Draw. The intro begins. Muffled cheering is heard.
The camera pans through what appears to be a players’ tunnel. There’s light at the end of the tunnel. As the camera moves forward, the light gets brighter and the cheering gets both louder and clearer. As the camera nears the front, the cheering is loud and clear enough to be heard easily.

“Vuh, vuh, vuh-dara! Vuh, vuh, vuh-dara! Vuh, vuh, vuh-dara!”

The camera continues forward and the cheers begin to get faster, and the camera eventually exits the players tunnel, where the cheers are heard to the full extent.

“Vuh, vuh, vuh-dara! Vuh, vuh, vuh-dara! Vuh, vuh, vuh-dara!”

At this point, the text “World Cup 85” appears, and a large “YEEEEAAAAAAAAAH!” emanates from the fans. The video feed then changes to a studio, where two hosts are seen sitting at a curved desk in front of a screen. “World Cup 85” is on the front of the desk, with the trophy on the screen behind them. The host on the left begins to speak. He looks to be in his mid-50s.

“Hello and good evening to you all! I’m Iosip Sideropoulos, and the man to my left is Panikos Zervopoulos. Today is the day of the World Cup draw, and I can tell you’re all excited for it. If you aren’t excited, please change the channel to something that does excite you. We don’t want any party poopers tonight, do we Pani?”

Panikos begins to speak. Some of you may recognise him from the last World Cup.
“We certainly don’t, gaff- I mean, Iosip. This is a time to get excited and a time to be ready to cheer for your team. Specifically Vdara. Cheer for Vdara, your nation, our nation!”

“Absolutely right. Now, many of you at home will recognise us from the last World Cup, and that’s because I am the recently sacked coach of the National Team!”

“That you are, Iosip.”

“I have to admit, my management was definitely sub-par. I mean, 7th in the last Group Stage? I’ll stick to reporting on football from now on.”

“I actually thought you were quite a decent coach, to be fair. You got the job done in a hard group, and although we were unranked we didn’t finish last.”

“Easy for you to say, Pani!”

“Is it? My legs felt like they were made of out of date breadsticks at the last World Cup and yet you still continued to play me!”

“Why the fu-”

“Easy now, Iosip. We’re live.”

“Why didn’t you tell me that you were that fatigued?”

“Our next best option was Xeniadis! I didn’t want to flush our chances down the toilet without him getting more experience in the league!”

“Well, that’s on you, then.”

“And now, the group draw. We’ve spent so long bickering that the draw’s already begun.”

Ten group draws pass by, with Vdara not being pulled.

”It’s time for the group eleven draw! Now, who’s coming out of Pot 1?”

“Well, we’ll have to wait and see, won’t we Pani?”

“Aye.”

“And it’s... Equestria! We faced them last time round, didn’t we Pani?”

“Yep. We got battered 6-1. My worst performance, to be quite frank.”

“Yes, yes, let’s move on. From Pot 2, it’s... HUElavia! They’re quite good, aren’t they?”

“Don’t know, we’ve never played them. They’re from pot 2, though, so they must be quite good.”

“Alrighty then! Next up, from pot 3, going into group eleven... who is it, Pani?”

“Well, it looks like it’s going to be... Xanneria!”

3 more draws happened, with Ancherion, Kandorith and Nooooooooooooooo coming out of their respective pots.

”And now, it’s Pot 7, the pot which we are in!”

“Yep! Let’s go live to the fan zone in Chania, where many people are excitedly awaiting the draw.”

“Man, they sure look excited!”

“They sure do, Pani. Now, coming out of pot 7, it’s gonna be... VDARA!”

The fans in the fanzone begin cheering. They now knew what group they’re in. They begin chanting loudly and rapidly.

”Vuh, vuh, vuh-dara! Vuh, vuh, vuh-dara! Vuh, vuh, vuh-dara!”

This kept going, even through the next 6 countries, since everyone now knew that they were up against the side that pummelled them 6-1 in the last World Cup.

”Well, that’s the draw over! What’s your take on it, Panikos?”

“I think this will be a very competitive group, especially with Equestria. Xanneria and HUElavia will also be hard to beat, with Ancherion and Kandorith being good competitors. I think we can be quite competitive in this group, and I’m sure all of you at home can agree.”

“Well said, Pani. Well, that’s the end of our World Cup coverage for tonight. Join us next time on May 22nd for a pre-match talk about our game against Lo Sontano!”

“Thank you all for watching, and Forza Vdara!”

At this point, the ident which shows the next game comes on screen.

The match schedule will be broadcast along with Iosif and Panikos’ Pre-Match Talk on May 22nd.
Come for the weather. Stay for the fitba. Leave for somewhere prettier.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports