NATION

PASSWORD

[Tennis/NSTT] Outdoor Hard Court season 6 [RP/Results]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun May 10, 2020 7:20 am

Hotel
Steinigestrasse, Gergary

He knocked hard on the door, probably harder than the other hotel guests might appreciate. He looked around as a couple doors opened down the hall. He wasn’t interested in explaining anything.

There was a longer pause, then the door opened. A disheveled, middle aged, not very handsome man in a hotel robe answered the door.
“Dom! You finally came to vis..”

“Don’t act like we’re old friends.”

“But we go way back. Took you long enough to come pay a visit. I mean besides all the plane and car rides together where you seemed to not notice me, like everybody else.”

“Oh, I knew you were there. I knew what I was doing.”

“That hurts, Dom.”

“Good. You have hurt a lot of people over the years. Speaking of, asshole...Where did the care packages go?”
Dom Ripaldi kept his voice calm, but there was a rage under it. No one on the NETC Seniors Reunion Tour had been happy to hear the news that Paul Quiront would be coming along with them. When they put together the exhibition matches, which had yet to even come close to selling out like Frankie said they would, they had been unable to interest any other NSTT retired players to join in on the fun. Which meant more Paul Quiront matches and interaction for everybody, to their joy.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Oh, really? Because the desk concierge says you signed for them. We looked at the form, it’s your handwriting, Fuckface, even though no one could tell it was your name from that chicken scratch.”

“How would you know my handwriting? And you don’t need to call me names.”

“Are you really going to make me go through all this? We know your handwriting from when we would sign up for the training gym and NETC events. Just admit you took them.”

“I still don’t even know what you’re talking about, Dom.”

“The care packages sent by the NETC, that had all the comfort stuff from home. There was a package for each of us. The concierge said you used a luggage cart to get them up here. That you were going to get them all to us and ‘save them the trouble’. There’s video, you fucker. There’s witnesses...How could you possibly deny this?!”

“Oh...oh. Those. Oh right. Well, I got them for everyone for safekee…Hey! You can’t just barge into my room!”

But that was exactly what Dom did. He shoved Quiront aside none too gently. He looked around the suite. There were several of the boxes open by the small side room with the TV and sofa set. Some wrappers and empty bottles were around, but not as much to account for all the missing items from the packages, which they had been told would be jampacked full. One package, addressed to Alma Semmes, remained sealed, but the rest were roughly torn open.

“What the fuck?! Where’s the stuff?”

“It’s all there.”

“Bullshit. Boxes are open. Shit is missing. Where. The. Fuck. Is. The. Stuff, Paul?!”

Paul had closed the hallway door and stopped at the entry to the lounge/living space. He scooted forward, in a kind of mopey fashion as he entered the adjoining lounge room.
“Well...I wanted to check the contents. See, they felt light…”

“Yeah, they look really light. Where’s the stuff, dipshit?”

“Where is everyone else? How come it’s just you? I was hoping we could have a small victory party, you know...”

“What victory?! I drew the short straw to deal with your ass! WHERE’S THE STUFF!!”

“I...I might have sold or...or given some of it away. Traded...you know, like trading pins and stuff I traded...gave...gifted...some of it to some of the other NSTT players staying here...in the hotel...around. Some in the park…”

Dom was almost purple, he was raging so bad. However, he was also struck silent by the audacity of Paul so that he couldn’t even interrupt the weak excuses and admittance of guilt. He realized he needed to hear more. Paul needed to seal his guilt, although with just the two of them in here, it wouldn’t really stand up in any legal sense.

“And?”

“And, well...I was helping to promote us, you know. It seemed like the right thing to do. Frankie nor anybody in the NETC wasn’t doing anything like that. They really dropped the ball, you know? Nobody seems to give a shit that we’re here. Most of the people who attend our matches think they got tickets to see the younger NSTT players, they walk out halfway through...”

He had a point, but Dom wasn’t going to let him redirect this.
“This has nothing to do with Frankie or anyone in the NETC. Don’t put it on them. This is all fucking you. Classic, sneaky, shady, fucking royally You! You went down to grab all the care packages. You signed for them. You lied about them. You hid them in your room and you started handing shit out or consuming it like it was your own personal Winter Solstice!”

“How...how did you even find out about them?”

Dom couldn’t help but let out an involuntary laugh. It was like dealing with a toddler.
“Frankie told us they were coming! Not just you, but everyone knew they were arriving. Except guess what happens when we’re told they should be here?”

“You immediately assumed it was me. Wow, that’s really fair!”

“Of course, you fuckin’ idiot. Who else would it be? It just took a couple questions to confirm it. You fucked us all over once again. What a fuckin’ surprise! Are you seriously trying to turn this into you being the victim here? You are a classic gaslighter!”

“A what? What the fuck is that? Is this about my flatulence problem?”

“Well, what’s done is done. I’m gonna talk to hotel security, then have them contact the Steinigestrasse Police. I would think this is several hundred Markforints in theft.”

“What?! No! I just told you I was doing promotions for us.”

“Right. You ate and drank and gave away all our home care packages for promotional purposes. Right.”
Fact was, this wouldn’t really go that far. Dom and the rest of them knew there was no way they could get the police to care about this matter. What they could do was get Paul kicked off the tour. Frankie would probably agree at this point. Paul Quiront had been a disappointing draw for them, not that anyone had been a draw, even for all those who didn’t manage to get a ticket to the real NSTT matches in Centralis, Kannapolis, and now Steinigestrasse. There were still few takers, but again, losing a balding, fat, obnoxious jerk would be no big loss to a tour that was already a big loss in both budget and prestige to the NETC.

“Promotions, Dom! Promotions! Frankie ain’t doin’ it! You see...”

“Paul, you tell yourself whatever you want. You better pack up.”
Dom had gotten under control. He had a very determined look on his face now.

“Listen, I can give you guys the packages. I’ll go buy stuff to replace what’s missing…”

“Don’t bother. We can get more care packages. That’s not even the issue now. It’s your lying, stealing, pathetic ass. Enjoy your last time here and as a free man. Whatever minutes are left. You should probably get dressed, too.”
Dom walked out of the hotel room, Paul shouting after him.
He had enjoyed seeing Paul squirm. It wasn’t often that anybody could make a man with such zero conscience do that. Even if he wasn’t actually going to jail, he would be going out of their sight. At least Dominic hoped so.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Gergary
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Gergary » Sun May 10, 2020 7:38 am

Singles - First Qualifying Round
Olaf Dammler (BTZ)                   2   7   4
Eric Bolsa (HLB) 6 6 6

Ella Shootie (JRK) 6 6
Siel Sagasi (KHZ) 0 0

Noah Vlossak (JRK) 6 6
Tomoko Segata (DKI) 2 4

Ralph Henschel (GGY) 6 4 3
Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) 4 6 6

Marlon Palmer (UCG) 4 7 6
Tsashi-kamio (KHZ) 6 6 4

Arturo Lentellus (PNR) 6 6
Jeffery Bones (HLB) 4 0

Vanessza Pataki (GGY) 6 6
Kate Abbot (JRK) 4 4

Melanie O'Malley (RTS) 6 7
Susannah Alberti (DKI) 1 5

Yao Li (PET) 6 5 7
Callie Stevens (UCG) 2 7 5

Joe Fernández (NWK) 7 2 9
Tsu Chu Kau (KHZ) 6 6 11

Athena Piper (KRY) 6 6
Melissa Kelly (HLB) 1 2

Devon Ruogs (KAN) 6 1 6
Marcus Watson-McGillicuddy (DKI) 2 6 1

Martha McNeil (INC) 4 2
Jansen Kajer (BTZ) 6 6

Singles - Second Qualifying Round Matches

Qualifier 1 - [1] Maddison Scott (ETM) vs Eric Bolsa (HLB)
Qualifier 2 - [2] Shinji Makauchi (TJU) vs Ella Shootie (JRK)
Qualifier 3 - [3] Bartholomew Pole (KHD) vs Noah Vlossak (JRK)
Qualifier 4 - Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) vs Marlon Palmer (UCG)
Qualifier 5 - [5] Arturo Lentellus (PNR) vs Vanessza Pataki (GGY)
Qualifier 6 - [6] Melanie O'Malley (RTS) vs Yao Li (PET)
Qualifier 7 - Tsu Chu Kau (KHZ) vs Athena Piper (KRY)
Qualifier 8 - [8] Devon Ruogs (KAN) vs Jansen Kajer (BTZ)

Doubles - First Qualifying Round
Kate Abbot/Ella Shootie (JRK)                       7   7
Tsakha-sakho/Raimin-kachi (KHZ) 5 6

Eckehard Blumenberg/Rosemarie Strobl (GGY) 6 7
Erin Maldry/Anna Humpford (KHD) 0 5

Lilly Hunter/Ariana Willis (UCG) 6 6 4
Marcus Tectona/Devon Ruogs (KAN) 2 7 6

Marko Juvan/Ajla Vesnic (MTJ) 6 6
Kasper Espersen/Felix Danielsen (BTZ) 4 4

Viktorija Stepancevic/Marina Hasanbegovic (RTS) 6 2 6
Susannah Alberti/Tomoko Segata (DKI) 2 6 4

Doubles - Second Qualifying Round Matches

Qualifier 1 - [1] Justin White/Joe Fernández (NWK) vs Kate Abbot/Ella Shootie (JRK)
Qualifier 2 - [2] Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) vs Eckehard Blumenberg/Rosemarie Strobl (GGY)
Qualifier 3 - [3] Isaac Daud/Bahari Daud (SHT) vs Marcus Tectona/Devon Ruogs (KAN)
Qualifier 4 - [4] Marko Juvan/Ajla Vesnic (MTJ) vs Viktorija Stepancevic/Marina Hasanbegovic (RTS)
Last edited by Gergary on Sun May 10, 2020 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERGARY
Capital: Ingbert-Borbély | Trigram: GGY | Leader: Domonkos Virág | Sportswire
OOC Puppet of Filindostan

Kohnhead
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kohnhead » Sun May 10, 2020 9:26 am

Uppatin wins but the doubles team falters

Ralph Henschel (GGY) 6 4 3
Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) 4 6 6

In his first ever game Rodrick Uppatin started out poorly but came back strong late in the first set. Ultimately it wasn't enough to get him the win but he came back in the next two sets using that momentum to propel him to his first career victory. He was quite happy after the win and is prepared to play Marlon Palmer who also had a three set win. It remains to be seen how good he can do but this is a very good start.

Eckehard Blumenberg/Rosemarie Strobl (GGY) 6 7
Erin Maldry/Anna Humpford (KHD) 0 5

This game did not go as well to say the least. An abysmal start where they lost the first eight games and put on full display the chemistry issues Humpford and Maldry have. I wonder when the next time we will see these two in action on the international stage after a performance like this. It may not happen in this season again.

Tomorrow we will see Uppatin and Pole in action for the last qualifier rounds.

-Aiden Bohn
Kohnhead
Trigramme: KHD
Pop: 25 million
Football: 64th
Gridiron: 24th
Baseball: 15th
Basketball: 2nd
Volleyball: 2nd
Football:
Wonder Cup 2 - Champions
Di Bradini Cup 48 / U21WC 69 - 4th place

Tennis:
6 Ethanian Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Steinigestrasse Open - Winner (Doubles)
7 Britonish Open - Winner (Doubles)

Gridiron:
NSCF 22 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)
NSCF 24 - Semifinals (Kohnhead City University)

Basketball:
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament - 2nd place

Baseball:
International Baseball Series 12 - 4th place

Volleyball:
Volleyball World Expo 11 - 3rd place
Volleyball World Expo 12 - 4th place

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Mon May 11, 2020 8:24 am

Gaëlle Sellier may not have performed as well as she may have hoped in Kannap, but due in part to the rank limits put in place at the Steinigestrasse Open, one of the NSTT's Tier Two Tournaments (NSTTTTTs), she will be the top seed here in Gergary. Her much younger counterpart, Abelie Fontana, who was able to progress one round further than Sellier at Kinterten, takes the number two spot. Unfortunately for Reçuecians hoping to see their representatives all advance as far as possible in this, the last tournament of the outdoor hard court season, Fontana has been drawn into the same section as the two remaining players from Reçueçn, Lucien Le Floch and Thibaut Berthelot.

Meanwhile, in the doubles tournament, the Fournier twins, Inès and her brother Camille, have been barred from attendance as they are now ranked #1 in the multiverse. Of course, Arthur Leloup and Hildebrant Weisgerber will still be playing, as will Adelinde Günther and Lucas Magnier who constituted one of the Reçuecian doubles pairs at the Electrum Slam earlier this year.

Reçuecian fans looking to attend the tournament will be happy to know that it is held in Deutschmagyarland's Strasseregion, a German-speaking part of the country where members of Reçueçn's own very sizable German-speaking minority, including Hildebrant Weisgerber and Adelinde Günther themselves, will feel right at home. The rest of our nation's delegation, who are all Francophones (with the famous exception of Fontana, who is one of only a few tennis players from Reçueçn's small Italian-speaking southern region, and the only one who will be present in Gergary) will have to find some way to communicate with the locals, perhaps in English if both sides know any of that language, or in German if the Reçuecians remember any from their lycée classes. Of course, that's already the situation they find themselves in when they find themselves in Boruncia or other places in Eastern Reçueçn, so visiting Deutschmagyarland for the Steinigestrasse Open hopefully will not feel too foreign to them either.
rəswɛsən

Gergary
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Gergary » Mon May 11, 2020 8:53 am

Singles - Second Qualifying Round
Maddison Scott (ETM)       6   6
Eric Bolsa (HLB) 1 3

Shinji Makauchi (TJU) 6 7
Ella Shootie (JRK) 2 5

Bartholomew Pole (KHD) 5 6 7
Noah Vlossak (JRK) 7 4 5

Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) 6 6 7
Marlon Palmer (UCG) 7 2 5

Arturo Lentellus (PNR) 6 6
Vanessza Pataki (GGY) 4 2

Melanie O'Malley (RTS) 6 4 3
Yao Li (PET) 4 6 6

Tsu Chu Kau (KHZ) 2 7 7
Athena Piper (KRY) 6 6 5

Devon Ruogs (KAN) 7 6
Jansen Kajer (BTZ) 5 3

Doubles - Second Qualifying Round
Justin White/Joe Fernández (NWK)                    6   6
Kate Abbot/Ella Shootie (JRK) 0 1

Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) 7 7
Eckehard Blumenberg/Rosemarie Strobl (GGY) 5 5

Isaac Daud/Bahari Daud (SHT) 6 6
Marcus Tectona/Devon Ruogs (KAN) 3 3

Marko Juvan/Ajla Vesnic (MTJ) 5 6 4
Viktorija Stepancevic/Marina Hasanbegovic (RTS) 7 4 6

Singles - First Round Matches (in 22 hours)
Section 1
[1] Gaëlle Sellier (RCN) vs Karina Gerard (NEG)
Jack Ho (ETM) vs [Q] Shinji Makauchi (TJU)
Marcus Hathwar (ETM) vs [WC] Ryan Jack-Jones (HLB)
[16] Janet Riley (ETM) vs Georgia Bassett (KRY)
[10] Syamim Kevin (SHT) vs [WC] Jin Shi Jao (KHZ)
Claudio Fortuna (PET) vs Felipe de la Rosa (TJU)
Philippe Baloui (TJU) vs Tom Smith (UCG)
[7] Sami Dominikanov (MTJ) vs Becky Short (KAN)

Section 2
[4] SARA (EAS) vs [Q] Devon Ruogs (KAN)
Justin White (NWK) vs Magnus Agrippa (PNR)
Kasper Espersen (BTZ) vs [WC] Tomaus Âgiua (DKI)
[14] Jeff Rogers (INC) vs Marcel DeSalle (PET)
[9] Mindy Waterford (KHD) vs Maude Bergeron (RTS)
[Q] Arturo Lentellus (PNR) vs Naim Alex (SHT)
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) vs Jack Watson (KRY)
[6] Haikal Jansen (SHT) vs Olivia Everton (PET)

Section 3
[3] Mattias Burges (MTJ) vs AAUGCC (EAS)
Alan Sanchez (NWK) vs [Q] Tsu Chu Kau (KHZ)
Ajla Vesnic (MTJ) vs Patrice Carlson (RTS)
[15] Sarah Dinsdale (KRY) vs Joe Katsi (TJU)
[11] Marco Vrient (NEG) vs Eckehard Blumenberg (GGY)
Włodzisław Grzejszczak (RTS) vs Kathi Betsold (KAN)
Theresa Waterford (KHD) vs [Q] Yao Li (PET)
[8] Marcus Cassius (PNR) vs Komang Agus Artawan (PCU)

Section 4
[2] Abelie Fontana (RCN) vs Prima Bibillus (PNR)
[Q] Maddison Scott (ETM) vs [WC] Jack Reinach (JRK)
[Q] Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) vs Ashley Walker (UCG)
[13] Kadek Adi Wiranatha (PCU) vs Alex Rivera (NWK)
[12] Maria Julenic (MTJ) vs Marcus Tectona (KAN)
[Q] Bartholomew Pole (KHD) vs Nadja Hamilton (BTZ)
Rosemarie Strobl (GGY) vs Lucien Le Floch (RCN)
[5] Indah Susanti (PCU) vs Thibaut Berthelot (RCN)

Doubles - First Round Matches (in 46 hours)
Section 1
[1] Jeremy Metagne/Elizabeth Corbisieri (KRY) vs Sasha Novaleski/Mary Schläger (PET)
Jeff Rogers/Martha McNeil (INC) vs Vanessza Pataki/Marvin Weinwurm (GGY)
[WC] Jane Carmichael/Ben Johnson (HLB) vs Patrice Carlson/Melanie O'Malley (RTS)
[5] Tamara Hucsak/Dominik Lintner (MTJ) vs Vuyani Rabada/Kaui Kamakawiwoʻole (TJU)
[8] Spencer Kohnhead/Bradley Kohnface (KHD) vs Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi (PCU)
Adelinde Günther/Lucas Magnier (RCN) vs [WC] Jansen Kajer/Olaf Dammler (BTZ)
[Q] Isaac Daud/Bahari Daud (SHT) vs Izzat Manson/George Fakhrul (SHT)
[3] Michael Legrand/Juan Ortiz (KRY) vs Henry Caldwell/Gavyn Marone (KAN)

Section 2
[2] Arthur Leloup/Hildebrant Weisgerber (RCN) vs Kevin Cook/Bryan Paynte (UCG)
Tertia Horatius/Laelia Horatius (PNR) vs Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani (PCU)
[Q] Justin White/Joe Fernández (NWK) vs [WC] Mai Min Yun/Sai Kyo Sho (KHZ)
[7] Alan Sanchez/Alex Rivera (NWK) vs [Q] Viktorija Stepancevic/Marina Hasanbegovic (RTS)
[6] Marcus Hathwar/Jack Ho (ETM) vs AAUGCC/SARA (EAS)
[WC] Jack Reinach/Noah Vlossak (JRK) vs [Q] Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU)
Septimus Appius/Tiberius Gabinius (PNR) vs [WC] Tomaus Âgiua/Marcus Watson-McGillicuddy (DKI)
[4] Leanne Stewart/Anthony Kawasaki (ETM) vs Fayna Topalo/Sophie Bellavie (NEG)
Last edited by Gergary on Mon May 11, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

DEUCE: Finally, TJUN-ia Makes Its Mark In Steinigestraße

Postby TJUN-ia » Mon May 11, 2020 10:41 am

We may be a day late, but TJUN-ia finally arrives in Steinigestraße! The Open here in Gergary is the only Tier 2 Tournament in the NSTT Outdoor Hardcourt Season and with the Clay Court Season also starting with a Tier 2 tournament, the development of the stars of tomorrow is the main game at least for the near future. Today's action is described as "The Shinji Makauchi Show": he's involved in both qualifying draws.

SINGLES
Looking to try and disarm 2 opponents in 1 day, Samurai Shinji started in the singles. His opponent was Ella Shootie of Jerauuk, who didn't give up a single game in her match yesterday. The first set was simpler than expected with Shinji taking it nice and easy as he took it quite comfortably. The 2nd was tougher as Shootie, quite understandably, didn't want her tournament to end this quickly. It turned into a back and forth until Shinji finally broke and went on to win. One opponent down, one more to go.

Shinji Makauchi bt Ella Shootie (JRK) (6-2, 7-5)

DOUBLES
Samurai Shinji then teamed by with El Matador, Felipe de la Rosa, to take on locals Eckehard Blumenberg and Rosemarie Strobl. The crowd (while small) would be behind the local pair and that contributed to a tight game overall. Both sets were a back and forth affair with both pairings getting good offence in. But both sets had to end and they both ended the same way: a break by the TJUN-ians. Shinji and Felipe were sad to disappoint the home crowd but they had to do what they had to do in order to make the main draw. For the 3rd straight tournament, all of the TJUN-ian entries that turned up had made the main draw. Is this something to get used to? Maybe...

Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa bt Eckehard Blumenberg/Rosemarie Strobl (GGY) (7-5, 7-5)

TOMORROW'S MATCHES (Starts at 3:00pm TDST)

Section 1
Jack Ho (ETM) vs [Q] Shinji Makauchi (TJU)
Claudio Fortuna (PET) vs Felipe de la Rosa (TJU)
Philippe Baloui (TJU) vs Tom Smith (UCG)

Section 3
[15] Sarah Dinsdale (KRY) vs Joe Katsi (TJU)
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014

Postby Pemecutan » Mon May 11, 2020 6:02 pm

Into Steinigestrasse

Steinigestrasse - Pemecutan have a very great performance during the Kinterten Open compeition after both Single and Double Competition were won by Pemecutanian player, Dewa Putu Adrian Putra and the pair Oka Sulastra/Luh Putu Yundari. But now the hype turns to Steinigestrasse Open. Even though it is a Tier 2 tournament and is joined by lower ranked player but it is still an important competition where players could grab as much point as they can to climb up the rank.

In this competition, PTA (Pemecutan Tennis Association) sent 4 singles and 2 doubles players. The single players are Indah Susanti (5th seed), Kadek Adi Wiranatha (13th seed), Komang Agus Artawan and Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi. Previously, Ayu Ratih Kemalasari was intended to join the competition and PTA has had included her in the early list of players that will be sent to Steinigestrasse. But along the way, Ayu Ratih Kemalasari become ineligible to compete as her point exceed the 500 bar for Tier 2 Single Competition player eligibility. Indah Susanti comes up to replace her after Luh Putu Yundari decline the offer for her decision to take some rest after Kinterten Open. In the double competition, Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi and Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani are selected for the competition.

Fortunately, all Pemecutanian players don't have to compete in the qualifying round. And their first match will be held on May 12th. As usual, Single Competition will be held earlier. While the Double Competition will begin on May 13th. In the First Round of Steinigestrasse Open Single Competition, Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi is drawn into Section 2 and will meet Krytenian player, Jack Watson. In Section 3, Komang Agus Artawan must have to face seeded player from Res Publica Nova Roma, Marcus Cassius. While 2 Pemecutanian players are drawn into Section 4. The first is 13th seed, Kadek Adi Wiranatha who will be playing against Alex Rivera of Northwest Kalactin. And the last, 5th seed Indah Susanti will be meet Thibaut Berthelot of Recuecn. In Double Competition, Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi might have a hard first match as they will be facing 8th seed Spencer Kohnhead/Bradley Kohnface from Kohnhead. While Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani will be meeting Res Publica Nova Roma's pair, Tertia Horatius/Laelia Horatius.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Sharktail
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2017

Postby Sharktail » Tue May 12, 2020 1:50 am

Steinigestrasse Open

The outdoor Hard court season 6 nearly come to end.The last tournament,Steinigestrasse open held in Gergary.All the player will use this chance to grab some point for a better ranking position nefore NSTT continue in other court.Sharktail will send 3 single and two double to Gergary.All of them also have played in the last two tournament,Electrum Slam and Kinterten Open.

Single
HAIKAL JANSEN
NSTT rank-39th point-190
Haikal Jansen make a fantastic comeback after injury.He played very well in Electr Slam and Kinterten Open.He surely fired up to do well in this competition.Because most of top ranker player will not compete,Haikal Jansen become the 6th seeded player.Haikal Jansen will face Olivia Everton in the first round.Become a seeded player,the tension surrounding him surely high.The expectetion from the fans and the country for hime to become a tough challenger for single title.

SYAMIM KEVIN
NSTT rank-43rd points-140
Doing well in electrum slam but stuck in first round of Kinterten Open.Syamin performance are dropping worse after Kinterten Open.He expected to reach the top 30 rank in NSTT but he has no luck.Surely in this last tourney,He have to bounce back or else being dropped as Sharktail top ranked tennis player.He is 10th seeded and will face wild card player Jin Shi Jao.He surely favourite to win but he cannot take lightly this match.Sometime,even no 1 ranked losing to some unknown player.

Naim Alex
NSTT rank-71th points-80
Average performance in all two tourney.Naim Alex seem to be drop down from top tier tournament after this.With more young and talented player,he have to push more and workhard.The steinigerasse open he have to make an effort.He will face qualifer player Arturo Lentellus.

Double
SHARKTAIL MATCH UP
Isaac Daud/Bahari Zack vs Izzat Manson/George Fakhrul
Hard to say but one of them will leave this tourney early.Isaac and bahari have to played in qualified match against marcus tectona/Devon Ruogs and win 6-3,6-3.One of them will continue their journey and will bring the other hope and dream.
Isaac daud:NSTT RANK-89TH
Bahari Zack:NSTT RANK-90TH
Izzat manson:NSTT RANK-136TH
George Fakhrul:NSTT RANK-137TH
NSSport Roleplayer | Melayu Archipelago Member

Mattijana
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Tue May 12, 2020 5:49 am

New Kids on the Court: The New Tennis Nations Taking on the NSTT

MFO SPORT

The 6th Season of the NSTT is a welcome return to action for the world's top tennis-playing nations. Many stars from previous instalments have looked to continue where they left off, including Mattijana's own Dominika Lisicki, who claimed her first grand slam title in Electrum. Equally intriguing however has been the large cohort of rookies taking to the courts for their first season. Some of those have been from countries submitting their first athletes to the NSTT and with gaps in the rankings to fill due to the departure of countries such as Schottia and Ceni and the retirement of some athletes from established nations, such as Mattijana's Aljaz Corluka, the most talented of those have a great chance to make it to the top in record time.

Jean van de Kloor - Tjun-ia

Where else to start than the incredible run to the Electrum Slam quarter-finals from Jean van de Kloor. The Tjun-ian's effort was eventually ended by Britonisea's Leo Garry, the world number one at the time, in a 5-set epic on centre court, but the signs were already there that Van de Kloor could be a real star of the future.
The youngster has a seemingly relentless ability to get the ball back, winning many of his points in Electrum by making his opponents play and often miss one more ball. That dogged determination has seemingly made him hugely popular back home - his match against Garry was the most watched sporting event in Tjun-ian history.
The 21 year-old already has enough ranking points to make him ineligible for the Steinigestrasse Open, the final hard court event until the autumn, but his style of play could make him an effective player on the dirt as well.

Valentina Spetsova - Tjun-ia

The other player from Tjun-ia to have made waves is Valentina Spetsova. Despite being only 17, she already has the nous to do well, as we saw during her run to the Kinterten Open final. Shot-selection is her biggest strength, Spetsova showing the patience to build a rally before expertly picking her moment to unleash some brutal winners. She has also done well in the doubles alongside Austin McDanielson, reaching the Kinterten semis. Whether she chooses one side or the other is yet to be seen, but the different game style of the doubles will certainly add more strings to her bow.

Dewa Putu Adrian Putra - Pemecutan

Less a new player, more one who has really emerged this year, Putra claimed his maiden NSTT title in Kinterten with a tight 3 set win over Spetsova and looks like he has the potential to become a grand slam champion before the year is out. Seeded 5th on the way into the Electrum Slam, he was already highly-rated after a series of good performances at the back end of season 5, but had his run ended in the 4th-round by Lisicki. Bouncing back onto the slower hard courts in Kannap, he produced some much more assured performances, this time getting the better of experienced Electrumite Andrew Simmons in the quarters and then beating Krytenia's Stephen Perez in the semis. That sets him up nicely for the clay season, which he will begin within the world's top 3.

Orsolya Szabo - Gergary

Solid but unspectacular, Szabo has made a good start to the season, reaching the quarter-finals in Electrum before meeting a dominant Lisicki before losing to Perez in the third round in Kannap. That's good enough to earn a place in the world's top 10 going into the clay swing where her style could allow her to build on a promising platform. The downside of that for Szabo is that she is not longer eligible for her hometown event in Steinigestrasse due to the 500 point ranking cap introduced for tier 2 tournaments this season.

Abelie Fontana - Recuecn

Easier to pronounce, and indeed spell, than the name of her country, Fontana is one of a handful of players from Recuecn's Italian-speaking southern area and the only one present in Steinigestrasse. She will take her nation's second spot, with the more experienced Gaelle Sellier the highest ranked, but is a promising prospect for Recuecn's tennis future.
Charismatic and photogenic, Fontana certainly has the show of a top player, but the go is still in development. She made it to the second round in Electrum before losing an agonising five-setter in which she was 2 sets to love up before a comeback from Neu Engollon's Dietrich Cassarro.

A much more promising run to the quarter-finals in Kinterten followed as Fontana despatched more experienced and higher-ranked Donat Kis before falling to the in-form Spetsova. The event in Steinigestrasse is an excellent opportunity to get some silverware though, the teenager going into the first round as second seed.

So there's a look at some of the young hopefuls from up-and-coming nations around the multiverse. Only Fontana will be playing in Steinigestrasse, but it's definitely worth keeping an eye on how the rest adjust to the very different clay-court conditions that await.
The socialist republic of Mattijana:
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.
through resilience, we are strong!

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Tue May 12, 2020 5:52 am

Centralis Herald - Sports Section - Ameerah Gauci

Maddison Scott advances to the main draw

It was a quick seventy-two minute match, but Maddison Scott promptly disposed of Holy Land of Burtander's Eric Bolsa to qualify for the main competition. The sole Electrum qualifier, playing on the outer courts had a lot to prove: she was nominally the seventh ranked player for Electrum but after Janet Riley (who was in eighth) had a successful qualification and the first couple rounds of Electrum Slam, Scott slid down to eighth, and therefore was sent to qualifying in Riley's stead. Now, after successfully qualifying through to the main draw of the Steinigestrasse, and safely away from Section 1 where all the other Electrumites are, Maddison Scott will be hoping to emulate Janet Riley's success to make a respectable run in Gergary. With just a first round loss to her name at the Electrum Slam, Scott was ranked top seed for qualifying.

The gregarious Gergarians created a unique atmosphere on the bleachers of the outer courts. There were not very many Electrumites or Burtanderese in the stands, especially not for a qualifying match. Many Electrumites would be arriving today for the next day's matches. The two qualification round players entered the outer courts flanked by security guards to great applause. Scott won the coin toss and elected to receive, which was her preferred choice.

The first set was not particularly troublesome for Scott. It seemed that Bolsa was overcome by the occasion, it was his first ever NSTT tournament and it was to play for that elusive spot in the main draw against the top qualifying seed. Scott did well in the first game, breaking immediately after Bolsa shanked a forehand. Scott's first service game was also a bit shaky, she had hit two double faults to go love-thirty down, but after some great shots and an ace, Scott eased into the match, and did not look back. Bolsa won the next game, but it was a masterclass from Scott, as she won the next four games and the set. It was a clinical 6-1 performance.

Bolsa by the changeover looked dour, but with the Gergarian crowd trying to rev him up by chanting his name, and becoming noticeably more partisan, he looked confident heading into the second. After a few close deuce games from both players, the breakthrough would come at the sixth game, with Bolsa serving to level things at 3-all. The first point was an ace, Bolsa's first serve right into the body of Scott, who scarcely had the time to react. But, some loose errors of the Bolsa racquet and a particularly sublime shot from Scott, who was forced out wide by a Bolsa forehand, returned the ball barely which became so low at the feet of Bolsa it forced an error. No half-volley from any player, let alone Bolsa, would have returned that last effort shot from Scott. By then, she took the break and the writing was on the wall for Bolsa, Scott winning the second set and the match 6-3.

Scott next plays the wildcard Jack Reinach from Jeruuk in the first round for a potential match with the second seed, Recuecn's Abelie Fontana.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Gergary
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Gergary » Tue May 12, 2020 8:06 am

Singles - First Round
Section 1
Gaëlle Sellier (RCN)             6   4
Karina Gerard (NEG) 7 6

Jack Ho (ETM) 6 6 2
Shinji Makauchi (TJU) 4 7 6

Marcus Hathwar (ETM) 6 6
Ryan Jack-Jones (HLB) 4 2

Janet Riley (ETM) 5 6 6
Georgia Bassett (KRY) 7 4 2

Syamim Kevin (SHT) 6 6
Jin Shi Jao (KHZ) 3 4

Claudio Fortuna (PET) 6 6 1
Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) 1 7 6

Philippe Baloui (TJU) 7 6
Tom Smith (UCG) 5 2

Sami Dominikanov (MTJ) 4 6 6
Becky Short (KAN) 6 3 3

Section 2
SARA (EAS)                       6   6
Devon Ruogs (KAN) 2 3

Justin White (NWK) 6 6
Magnus Agrippa (PNR) 3 2

Kasper Espersen (BTZ) 4 3
Tomaus Âgiua (DKI) 6 6

Jeff Rogers (INC) 6 4 6
Marcel DeSalle (PET) 1 6 1

Mindy Waterford (KHD) 7 1 9
Maude Bergeron (RTS) 5 6 7

Arturo Lentellus (PNR) 7 4 3
Naim Alex (SHT) 6 6 6

Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 5 7 7
Jack Watson (KRY) 7 5 5

Haikal Jansen (SHT) 7 6
Olivia Everton (PET) 5 1

Section 3
Mattias Burges (MTJ)             3   6   6
AAUGCC (EAS) 6 4 3

Alan Sanchez (NWK) 4 6 2
Tsu Chu Kau (KHZ) 6 0 6

Ajla Vesnic (MTJ) 4 6 6
Patrice Carlson (RTS) 6 2 0

Sarah Dinsdale (KRY) 6 1 1
Joe Katsi (TJU) 4 6 6

Marco Vrient (NEG) 6 3 4
Eckehard Blumenberg (GGY) 4 6 6

Włodzisław Grzejszczak (RTS) 3 6 4
Kathi Betsold (KAN) 6 3 6

Theresa Waterford (KHD) 6 3 6
Yao Li (PET) 4 6 2

Marcus Cassius (PNR) 4 2
Komang Agus Artawan (PCU) 6 6

Section 4
Abelie Fontana (RCN)             6   2   6
Prima Bibillus (PNR) 3 6 3

Maddison Scott (ETM) 6 6 6
Jack Reinach (JRK) 1 7 4

Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) 3 7 6
Ashley Walker (UCG) 6 5 4

Kadek Adi Wiranatha (PCU) 4 4
Alex Rivera (NWK) 6 6

Maria Julenic (MTJ) 6 6 6
Marcus Tectona (KAN) 7 2 4

Bartholomew Pole (KHD) 1 7 2
Nadja Hamilton (BTZ) 6 5 6

Rosemarie Strobl (GGY) 2 1
Lucien Le Floch (RCN) 6 6

Indah Susanti (PCU) 6 6
Thibaut Berthelot (RCN) 3 2

Matchups will be made in another post.
Last edited by Gergary on Tue May 12, 2020 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gergary
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Gergary » Tue May 12, 2020 8:39 am

Singles - Second Round Matches
Section 1
Karina Gerard (NEG) vs [Q] Shinji Makauchi (TJU)
Marcus Hathwar (ETM) vs [16] Janet Riley (ETM)
[10] Syamim Kevin (SHT) vs Felipe de la Rosa (TJU)
Philippe Baloui (TJU) vs [7] Sami Dominikanov (MTJ)

Section 2
[4] SARA (EAS) vs Justin White (NWK)
[WC] Tomaus Âgiua (DKI) vs [14] Jeff Rogers (INC)
[9] Mindy Waterford (KHD) vs Naim Alex (SHT)
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) vs [6] Haikal Jansen (SHT)

Section 3
[3] Mattias Burges (MTJ) vs [Q] Tsu Chu Kau (KHZ)
Ajla Vesnic (MTJ) vs Joe Katsi (TJU)
Eckehard Blumenberg (GGY) vs Kathi Betsold (KAN)
Theresa Waterford (KHD) vs Komang Agus Artawan (PCU)

Section 4
[2] Abelie Fontana (RCN) vs [Q] Maddison Scott (ETM)
[Q] Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) vs Alex Rivera (NWK)
[12] Maria Julenic (MTJ) vs Nadja Hamilton (BTZ)
Lucien Le Floch (RCN) vs [5] Indah Susanti (PCU)

Doubles - First Round Matches
Section 1
[1] Jeremy Metagne/Elizabeth Corbisieri (KRY) vs Sasha Novaleski/Mary Schläger (PET)
Jeff Rogers/Martha McNeil (INC) vs Vanessza Pataki/Marvin Weinwurm (GGY)
[WC] Jane Carmichael/Ben Johnson (HLB) vs Patrice Carlson/Melanie O'Malley (RTS)
[5] Tamara Hucsak/Dominik Lintner (MTJ) vs Vuyani Rabada/Kaui Kamakawiwoʻole (TJU)
[8] Spencer Kohnhead/Bradley Kohnface (KHD) vs Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi (PCU)
Adelinde Günther/Lucas Magnier (RCN) vs [WC] Jansen Kajer/Olaf Dammler (BTZ)
[Q] Isaac Daud/Bahari Daud (SHT) vs Izzat Manson/George Fakhrul (SHT)
[3] Michael Legrand/Juan Ortiz (KRY) vs Henry Caldwell/Gavyn Marone (KAN)

Section 2
[2] Arthur Leloup/Hildebrant Weisgerber (RCN) vs Kevin Cook/Bryan Paynte (UCG)
Tertia Horatius/Laelia Horatius (PNR) vs Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani (PCU)
[Q] Justin White/Joe Fernández (NWK) vs [WC] Mai Min Yun/Sai Kyo Sho (KHZ)
[7] Alan Sanchez/Alex Rivera (NWK) vs [Q] Viktorija Stepancevic/Marina Hasanbegovic (RTS)
[6] Marcus Hathwar/Jack Ho (ETM) vs AAUGCC/SARA (EAS)
[WC] Jack Reinach/Noah Vlossak (JRK) vs [Q] Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU)
Septimus Appius/Tiberius Gabinius (PNR) vs [WC] Tomaus Âgiua/Marcus Watson-McGillicuddy (DKI)
[4] Leanne Stewart/Anthony Kawasaki (ETM) vs Fayna Topalo/Sophie Bellavie (NEG)

TJUN-ia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

DEUCE: There's Gold in the Water of Gergary!

Postby TJUN-ia » Tue May 12, 2020 10:55 am

Gergary is open to the stars of tomorrow as the Steinigestraße Open kicks off. The only Tier 2 tournament of the NSTT Outdoor Hardcourt Season, it provides an opportunity for some of the new players, and players with not the best of starts, to prove themselves to their nations and the NSTT. With the Clay Season just around the corner, everyone in Group EG needs to show off what they can do before the TFT decided who goes where.

SECTION 1
Let's start with Section 1 as, due to the draw by the organisers, has 3 of TJUN-ia's 4 singles players. First of them was Samurai Shinji Makauchi, playing his 3rd match in 2 days, took on Jack Ho of Electrum. The first set showed the skills of both men, but Ho showed that he had the experience. He took that set but it Set 2 when Shinji played him tight. It ended up going to a tiebreaker that saw point after point exchanged. But it was Makauchi that broke to take it and he used that momentum to take Set 3 and this match. Now he is destined to play another 2 games tomorrow. If Spetsova can deal with 2 games in a day, why not Makauchi?

[Q] Shinji Makauchi bt Jack Ho (ETM) (4-6, 7-6(8-6), 6-2)

Next up was Samurai Shinji's doubles partner: El Matador, Felipe de la Rosa. He was taking on Claudio Fortuna of Petroslovania, and Claudio certainly had some fortune in the first set. He dominated right out of the gate, a shock to Felipe's system, and never looked back to take it 6-1. Set 2 saw de la Rosa bounce back as he duelled with Fortuna throughout. A tiebreaker only made things last longer with both men wanting to take it. But, with the risk of elimination breathing down his neck, El Matador finally broke to take the tiebreaker 12-10 and used that momentum to beat a visibly-tired Fortuna in the third. Maybe it was the qualifying match he played yesterday that helped him win but now he would also play 2 matches tomorrow. Let's see what happens, eh?

Felipe de la Rosa bt Claudio Fortuna (PET) (1-6, 7-6(12-10), 6-1)

Finally in this section was L'artiste. Philippe Baloui, looking to actually win an NSTT game, took on Tom Smith of Uclington. To the surprise of many, he had the easiest day of all the TJUN-ian players. He won a competitive Set 1 and then cruised to victory in Set 2. You would think that your first win should be memorable but it was just a nice win for L'artiste. Finally, he had something to hold onto and finally TJUN-ia had more than half of its players remain after the 1st round in the singles.

Philippe Baloui bt Tom Smith (UCG) (7-5, 6-2)

SECTION 3
Lastly, let's talk about Joe Katsi. The Kat of Horizon started his journey by beating a seeded player from Krytenia in the first round. Now he was trying to do it again, this time against 15th seed Sarah Dinsdale.

Just like Electrum, the Krytenian put Katsi on the ropes. She managed to break early, even with good play from The Kat and managed to take the set 6-4. However, just like Electrum, the UO's kindest son awakened and bounced back. Set 2 and 3 were barnstormers as The Kat scratch and clawed his way to back-to-back 6-1s. Dinsdale, try as she might, couldn't stop Katsi when he turned supernova. Finally, in TJUN-ian third tournament, all of our entries in the singles have made it to Round 2. TJUN-ian tennis is on the up, it seems!

Joe Katsi bt [15] Sarah Dinsdale (KRY) (4-6, 6-1, 6-1)

TOMORROW'S MATCHES (Starts at 3:00pm TDST)
SINGLES ROUND 2
Karina Gerard (NEG) vs [Q] Shinji Makauchi (TJU) (Section 1)
[10] Syamim Kevin (SHT) vs Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) (Section 1)
Philippe Baloui (TJU) vs [7] Sami Dominikanov (MTJ) (Section 1)
Ajla Vesnic (MTJ) vs Joe Katsi (TJU) (Section 3)

DOUBLES ROUND 1
[5] Tamara Hucsak/Dominik Lintner (MTJ) vs Vuyani Rabada/Kaui Kamakawiwoʻole (TJU) (Section 1)
[WC] Jack Reinach/Noah Vlossak (JRK) vs [Q] Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) (Section 2)
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Kohnhead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kohnhead » Tue May 12, 2020 11:28 am

Singles players for Kohnhead go a combined 3-1

In the first round of the Steinigestrasse Open a tier two competition reserved for the newer players so perfect for Kohnhead, 4 singles players were competing. Uppatin, M Waterford, T Waterford, and Pole were all competing. All but Pole managed to win and every game for Kohnhead went into three sets.

Mindy Waterford (KHD) 7 1 9
Maude Bergeron (RTS) 5 6 7

In a classic Mindy Waterford match, Waterford was able to have two very close set wins and a blowout set loss. This just shows who she is as a player, with inconsistency being the name of her game. Despite this she got the win which is big and will now be facing off against Naim Alex whom her sister beat at Kinterten. That should be a good match.

Theresa Waterford (KHD) 6 3 6
Yao Li (PET) 4 6 2

Speaking of Waterford's sister, Theresa in her first match since the great showing she had at Kinterten played mistake heavy but was still able to get a good win. She played well in the first, fell off a bit in the second set but was able to rebound and have a brilliant third set to punch her ticket to the next round. She is pitted against Komang Agus Artawan but she be considered the favorite to move into the round of 16.

Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) 3 7 6
Ashley Walker (UCG) 6 5 4

Matched up against Ashley Walker, Uppatin had a rough start as he had to qualify his way in, and this was his best opponent yet. His second set was also shaky but down 5 games to 3, he rallied back to win the last 4 games. This second set win gave him the momentum to jump out to a quick 5 games to 0 lead before collapsing. Fortunately he was able to win his sixth game before Walker sent it to a tiebreaker. Uppatin now has to play against Alex Rivera and him being a qualifier means he is the underdog, but can he punch his ticket to the round of 16?

Bartholomew Pole (KHD) 1 7 2
Nadja Hamilton (BTZ) 6 5 6

Pole has had a rough start to his international playing career. The Kohnhead number one heading into the season didn't get a win at Kinterten and had to qualify his way into this tournament granted in only one game. He's being outplayed by Rodrick Uppatin at this point. Pole is still only 25 and we have confidence in him but how much longer will that last. He's primarily a backhand player and his backhand has just looked awful and lost. Yes hard surfaces aren't his best as he shines on clay but he's just been bad.

Tomorrow the doubles team of Kohnhead and Kohnface square up against Chandra Wiguna and Andi Permadi in their first match of the tournament while the singles players play the opponents I discussed earlier. This is Aiden Bohn signing out for KNN.
Kohnhead
Football:
Wonder Cup 2 - Champions

Tennis:

Gridiron:

Basketball:

Baseball:

Volleyball:

Sharktail
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2017

Postby Sharktail » Tue May 12, 2020 4:05 pm

SHARKTAIL POST
STEINIGESTRASSE OPEN EP 6

sharktail post,the national sportline report about the journey of sharktail in ns state.All kind of sport reported by sharktail post.

Steinigestrasse open have officially started last night with the single first round match last night.Mostly all the seeded player past their first challenge.3 Sharktail singles played last night.Two of them played as a seeded player in this competition.

10 th seeded player,Syamim Kevin firstly playing.Facing wild card player Jin Shi jao,He doesnt have any problem winning the game 6-3,6-4.He seem abit frustrated after the match after making a lot of fault in second game.

"Tonight i satisfied to win this match,but i have. to watch back to see my mistake.In the second set i make some mistake and give Shi jao 2 ace srve.Also,i made alot of fault.I think if this game goes to the third set,i may end up losing.I hope my next performance i can give my all and continue to next round.Thank you."

Second round,Syamim kevin will facing atough challenger Felipe de la Rosa from TJUN-ia.In the first match felipe de la rosa bounce back from the first set lose after winning the next two set.

Syamim Kevin vs Felipe De la Rosa(TJU)

Naim alex entering the court.Facing the qualifier,he is the favourite to win.But he doesnt get the win easily.He messed up from the start losing 7-6 in the first set.In 2nd and 3rd set he surely adopted to Arturo Lentellus played and easily winning this two set.

"This match is so tiring.in the first set,i cant catch up with his play.He really bait me to knovmck back the ball to him.It change in the second and third game.He seem lose his pace and control and knock the ball out .I happy with this win.But i cannot always rely on luck.We dont know when we get good luck and bad luck.in the next match,i promise i will give it all and win."

Naim will face 9th seeded Mindy waterford in the second round.

Mindy Waterford(KHD) vs Naim Alex

Closing up the first round Haikal Jansen facing Olivia Everton.Be one of the favourite in this tourney,Haikal Jansen win the game 7-5,6-1.He strugle in the first set and nearly lose.He make 5 double fault and failed to return the ball perfectly.After the set tied 4-4,he played more relaxing and winning the game 7-5.In the second game,Olivia Everton failed to keep up and just win one set give win to Haikal Jansen.

"First time playing as the seeded player,it surely give me nerve.I cant focus for the match.I m really sorry to all.Tonight not my best gameplay.For the next game,i will try to be more relaxed."

Haikal Jansen will facing Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi in the second round.If he win he may facing Naim Alex or Mindy Waterford in the next round.

Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi(PCU) vs Haikal Jansen
NSSport Roleplayer | Melayu Archipelago Member

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Postby Pemecutan » Tue May 12, 2020 6:49 pm

First Round Recap - One Player Failed to Advance

Steinigestrasse - 4 Pemecutanian single players are competing yesterday for their First Round match. Overall the result is quite satisfying even though one of them have to go home earlier. It was the 13th seed Kadek Adi Wiranatha who has to go home earlier after being defeated by Alex Rivera from Northwest Kalactin in a straight set match of 4-6, 4-6. While in Section 2, Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi have to work hard before she could advance to the next round. Playing against Krytenian player seems to be a lot of hard work. Cintya Dewi is struggling to get her grip in the first set. Even though she could give an impressive performance but it still overshadowed by Watson's performance. After a tight match of 5-5 deuce, Cintya Dewi have to admit Watson superiority. 5-7 for Watson. Entering the second set, Cintya Dewi is still under pressure. But she eventually break through in the middle of the set and able to control the match. But as she still makes errors sometimes, Watson still able to take a lead on several games. The set ended in a tight 7-5 and this time for Cintya Dewi's victory. In the third set, both players play in a same pace. Both takes the set one after another without any of them took the lead. The set again went into 5-5 deuce. Both players seems to be a little nervous when they facing the deuce position. In the 11th game, Watson's longer shots gives advantage to Cintya Dewi which makes her take the set. While a good netting from Cintya Dewi's in the 12th set makes her win the set. 7-5 for Cintya Dewi and a ticket to Second Round.

In Section 3, Komang Agus Artawan was facing Marcus Cassius from Res Publica Nova Roma. The first set was went quite tight when Cassius was eager to take the lead while Artawan takes the play a little slower. In the mid of the set, Artawan seems to change his playing style after he kept losing to Cassius. The play was turn upside down and Artawan able to take the lead before eventually win the first set by 6-4. Artawan become more confidence when entering the second set. He lead far by 3-0 in the start before Cassius able to steal 1 game from him. Artawan made his mistake in the next 2 games and lead by 5-1. But Artawan failed backhand cost him the 7th game. Cassius takes another game. 2-5 Artawan still in lead. Artawan try to keep his focus in the 8th game but Cassius didn't back down. The set went into 40-40 deuce. Fortunately, Artawan able to handle the situation and comes out as the winner.

The last player to play yesterday is Indah Susanti. The 5th seeded has to faced Thibaut Berthelot of Recuecn. The match went quite fast as Susanti control most of the match. She didn't give Berthelot to improve his playing style and keep him under her shadowed and pressure. Berthelot struggled to comes out from Susanti superiority which keeps him making much unforced errors. The unlucky situation for Berthelot. Susanti eventually came out as the winner with 6-3 and 6-2.

On the second match day of the Main Competition, Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi will be facing a hard opponent. She will be playing against 6th seed Haikal Jansen from Sharktail. While in Section 3, Komang Agus Artawan will meet Theresa Waterford from Khonhead. And 5th seed Indah Susanti will be playing against Lucien Le Floch from Recuecn which previously win easily from host player, Rosemarie Strobl. While in Double Competition which is starting their match today, Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi will be facing 8th seed Spencer Kohnhead/Bradley Kohnface from Kohnhead. And another pair, Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani will meet Tertia Horatius/Laelia Horatius from Res Publica Nova Roma.
Pemecutan Realm

Homepage | Wikipage

Gergary
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Gergary » Wed May 13, 2020 7:19 am

Singles - Second Round
Section 1
Karina Gerard (NEG) 4 6 6
Shinji Makauchi (TJU) 6 2 3

Marcus Hathwar (ETM) 6 2 2
Janet Riley (ETM) 4 6 6

Syamim Kevin (SHT) 4 6 6
Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) 6 0 3

Philippe Baloui (TJU) 6 3 2
Sami Dominikanov (MTJ) 3 6 6

Section 2
SARA (EAS) 6 3 6
Justin White (NWK) 3 6 3

Tomaus Âgiua (DKI) 6 2 4
Jeff Rogers (INC) 3 6 6

Mindy Waterford (KHD) 6 6 6
Naim Alex (SHT) 3 7 3

Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 2 6 6
Haikal Jansen (SHT) 6 4 2

Section 3
Mattias Burges (MTJ) 6 6
Tsu Chu Kau (KHZ) 2 4

Ajla Vesnic (MTJ) 6 2 6
Joe Katsi (TJU) 4 6 3

Eckehard Blumenberg (GGY) 1 6 2
Kathi Betsold (KAN) 6 3 6

Theresa Waterford (KHD) 1 7 6
Komang Agus Artawan (PCU) 6 5 3

Section 4
Abelie Fontana (RCN) 6 3 2
Maddison Scott (ETM) 2 6 6

Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) 3 6 6
Alex Rivera (NWK) 6 2 3

Maria Julenic (MTJ) 7 2 3
Nadja Hamilton (BTZ) 6 6 6

Lucien Le Floch (RCN) 3 7 2
Indah Susanti (PCU) 6 5 6

Doubles - First Round
Section 1
Jeremy Metagne/Elizabeth Corbisieri (KRY) 1 1
Sasha Novaleski/Mary Schläger (PET) 6 6

Jeff Rogers/Martha McNeil (INC) 5 0
Vanessza Pataki/Marvin Weinwurm (GGY) 7 6

Jane Carmichael/Ben Johnson (HLB) 6 3 6
Patrice Carlson/Melanie O'Malley (RTS) 4 6 8

Tamara Hucsak/Dominik Lintner (MTJ) 6 6
Vuyani Rabada/Kaui Kamakawiwoʻole (TJU) 3 2

Spencer Kohnhead/Bradley Kohnface (KHD) 7 6
Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi (PCU) 6 2

Adelinde Günther/Lucas Magnier (RCN) 6 6 6
Jansen Kajer/Olaf Dammler (BTZ) 7 1 1

Isaac Daud/Bahari Zack (SHT) 2 6 7
Izzat Manson/George Fakhrul (SHT) 6 2 9

Michael Legrand/Juan Ortiz (KRY) 6 0 6
Henry Caldwell/Gavyn Marone (KAN) 4 6 4

Section 2
Arthur Leloup/Hildebrant Weisgerber (RCN) 3 4
Kevin Cook/Bryan Paynte (UCG) 6 6

Tertia Horatius/Laelia Horatius (PNR) 3 6
Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani (PCU) 6 7

Justin White/Joe Fernández (NWK) 6 6
Mai Min Yun/Sai Kyo Sho (KHZ) 2 3

Alan Sanchez/Alex Rivera (NWK) 6 5 6
Viktorija Stepancevic/Marina Hasanbegovic (RTS) 1 7 1

Marcus Hathwar/Jack Ho (ETM) 7 7
AAUGCC/SARA (EAS) 5 5

Jack Reinach/Noah Vlossak (JRK) 1 4
Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) 6 6

Septimus Appius/Tiberius Gabinius (PNR) 6 3 3
Tomaus Âgiua/Marcus Watson-McGillicuddy (DKI) 3 6 6

Leanne Stewart/Anthony Kawasaki (ETM) 6 6
Fayna Topalo/Sophie Bellavie (NEG) 2 2

Singles - Third Round Matches
Section 1
Karina Gerard (NEG) vs [16] Janet Riley (ETM)
[10] Syamim Kevin (SHT) vs [7] Sami Dominikanov (MTJ)

Section 2
[4] SARA (EAS) vs [14] Jeff Rogers (INC)
[9] Mindy Waterford (KHD) vs Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU)

Section 3
[3] Mattias Burges (MTJ) vs Ajla Vesnic (MTJ)
Kathi Betsold (KAN) vs Theresa Waterford (KHD)

Section 4
[Q] Maddison Scott (ETM) vs [Q] Rodrick Uppatin (KHD)
Nadja Hamilton (BTZ) vs [5] Indah Susanti (PCU)

Doubles - Second Round Matches
Section 1
Sasha Novaleski/Mary Schläger (PET) vs Vanessza Pataki/Marvin Weinwurm (GGY)
Patrice Carlson/Melanie O'Malley (RTS) vs [5] Tamara Hucsak/Dominik Lintner (MTJ)
[8] Spencer Kohnhead/Bradley Kohnface (KHD) vs Adelinde Günther/Lucas Magnier (RCN)
Izzat Manson/George Fakhrul (SHT) vs [3] Michael Legrand/Juan Ortiz (KRY)

Section 2
Kevin Cook/Bryan Paynte (UCG) vs Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani (PCU)
[Q] Justin White/Joe Fernández (NWK) vs [7] Alan Sanchez/Alex Rivera (NWK)
[6] Marcus Hathwar/Jack Ho (ETM) vs [Q] Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU)
[WC] Tomaus Âgiua/Marcus Watson-McGillicuddy (DKI) vs [4] Leanne Stewart/Anthony Kawasaki (ETM)
Last edited by Gergary on Wed May 13, 2020 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

TJUN-ia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

DEUCE: I Jinxed This One, Didn't I?

Postby TJUN-ia » Wed May 13, 2020 10:04 am

I think I jinxed this great nation's chances in Gergary. It's the Steinigestraße Open and I said yesterday that there were some things that you could get used to in the NSTT. That, in hindsight, was a mistake.

SINGLES

SECTION 1
Karina Gerard (NEG) bt [Q] Shinji Makauchi (4-6, 6-2, 6-3)
[10] Syamim Kevin (SHT) vs Felipe de la Rosa (4-6, 6-0, 6-3)
[7] Sami Dominikanov (MTJ) bt Philippe Baloui (3-6, 6-3, 6-2)

SECTION 3
Ajla Vesnic (MTJ) bt Joe Katsi (6-4, 2-6, 6-3)

Everyone is gone. All of the Section 1 guys won the first set but then lost the next 2 convincingly. Joe Katsi managed to win Set 2 before falling in Set 3. You could excuse them all: El Matador was up against the 10th seed, L'artiste the 7th; Samurai Shinji was a qualifier while The Kat of Horizon just underestimated Ajia Vesnic entirely. But in the world of tennis, you need results and these...aren't good for the TFT.

They have decided somethings for the Clay season: the bottom 4 TJUN-ians in the NSTT rankings will go to the only Tier 2 tournament and the opening clay tournament - the Istria Open in Banija. We'll have to wait and see on who those will be but let's hope it's better than this...

DOUBLES

SECTION 1
[5] Tamara Hucsak/Dominik Lintner (MTJ) bt Vuyani Rabada/Kaui Kamakawiwoʻole (6-3, 6-2)
I feel bad for VuRa and Kaui Kama, I really do. They always have heart and soul when they play, but they can never gut much done so far. The 5th seeds of Mattijana's Tamara Hucsak and Dominik Lintner showed no mercy in this match and the TJUN-ians couldn't do anything about it.

SECTION 2
[Q] Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa bt [WC] Jack Reinach/Noah Vlossak (JRK) (6-1, 6-4)
But it wasn't all bad news. Samurai Shinji and El Matador still had one more game to play: their doubles match against the wildcard pairing of Jack Reinach and Noah Vlossak of Jerauuk. This one was different because the TJUN-ians actually dominated the play: Shinji and Felipe were imperious as they gave the nation some hope of taking something from the tournament. TJUN-ia's involvement isn't over just yet!

TOMORROW'S MATCH(Starts at 3:00 pm Local/2:00 pm TJUN-ian)
[6] Marcus Hathwar/Jack Ho (ETM) vs [Q] Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU)
Last edited by TJUN-ia on Wed May 13, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSSCRA - JR

UN - U1

Kohnhead
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kohnhead » Wed May 13, 2020 12:24 pm

Kohnhead sends 4 of 4 to the round of 16

Kohnhead had three singles players remaining and one doubles team remaining and all managed to get a win and move on to the round of 16.

Mindy Waterford (KHD) 6 6 6
Naim Alex (SHT) 3 7 3

Waterford played very well in all three sets in what was a great performance beginning to end. She was able to pretty easily win the first set against Alex and while she faltered a bit in the second it wasn't like normal with a 6-1 or a 6-0 loss. She rebounded in the third set winning it 6-3, but the first 3 games were all closely contested but all went to Waterford before they split the rest. Waterford gets Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi in the round of 16 with a chance to move on to the quarterfinals.

Theresa Waterford (KHD) 1 7 6
Komang Agus Artawan (PCU) 6 5 3

Waterford looked bad in the first set and the first part of the second set but a ferocious comeback on her part gave her all the momentum she needed in order to win the match in the third set. She played very well but that start was something to worry about. The important part is that along with her sister is moving on to the third round to play Kathi Betsold another solid draw for her.

Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) 3 6 6
Alex Rivera (NWK) 6 2 3

I have to say I'm very impressed by how well Uppatin has played thus far, as he has won all four of his matches. Now this isn't the most elite of tournaments but it's impressive to see him make it past both qualifying rounds and make it to round 3. He's also very lucky in that his draw is against Maddison Scott another person who had to qualify into the main draw which makes that match very winnable for him. We could be seeing a quarterfinals birth in his first tournament.

Spencer Kohnhead/Bradley Kohnface (KHD) 7 6
Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi (PCU) 6 2

In their first match of the tournament Kohnhead and Kohnface faced heavy resistance in the first set but were easily able to win the second. The big key was being able to pull out the tiebreaker win in the first set. That really gave them the momentum they needed to win the match. They now have to face Adelinde Günther and Lucas Magnier to win their trip to the quarters.

-Aiden Bohn
Kohnhead
Football:
Wonder Cup 2 - Champions

Tennis:

Gridiron:

Basketball:

Baseball:

Volleyball:

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Postby Pemecutan » Wed May 13, 2020 6:12 pm

Match Recap - 3 Wins and 2 Losses

Steinigestrasse - In the second match day of the Main Competition, Pemecutan saw another losses from their participants. One single player and one double pair have to give up their dream to advance further. Shockingly, they are both being defeated by Kohnhead's players. In Single Competition, Komang Agus Artawan was defeated from Theresa Waterford of Kohnhead. Even though Artawan win easily in the first set but he loss his focus on the second set which makes Waterford able to take the opportunity and take the lead. The second set went into 5-5 deuce before being taken by Waterford for 5-7. Artawan crushed in the third set and keeps getting worse. He eventually give up by 3-6. The Double pair Chandra Wiguna/Andi Permadi also have to admit Kohnheadian superiority after they were defeated by Spencer Kohnhead/Bradley Kohnface in a straight set match of 7-6 and 6-2. The match was pretty even between both pair when they start the first set. The set went very tight and have to finished in a tiebreak. But losing in the first set gives a huge impact to WIguna/Permadi. They are losing theri confidence. On the other hand, Kohnhead/Kohnface seems to be more focus and in control throughout the second set. The set was a disaster for Pemecutanian pair after they were losing easily by 2-6.

2 Single players are still in the competition. They are Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi and Indah Susanti. Cintya Dewi gives a shocking performance when she was facing 6th seed Haikal Jansen from Sharktail. Although she was losing easily in the first set but she didn't give up. Cintya Dewi work hard in the second set and able to keep pressuring Jansen. Her hard work was successful after she able to grab the second set by 6-4. Having a great confidence after taking the second set, Cintya Dewi enter the third set with higher energy. She seems to able to control the third set and try her best to keep pressuring Jansen which overwhelmed him. Jansen keeps making errors and unable to reach the putting that Cintya Dewi's made. She eventually take the third set and win the match.

On the other hand, Indah Susanti have to go through a hard 3 sets match against Lucien Le Floch of Recuecn. After winning the first set by 6-3, Susanti seems to be able to finished the match easily after take an early lead in the second set. But Le Floch didn't give up. He switch his playing style and able to makes Susanti struggling from the mid of the second set. Susanti have to play harder. Le Floch successfully take the lead in the 9th game before Susanti pushed for a 5-5 deuce. Susanti losing grip in the 11th game. Her weak forehand was blocked in the net which gives the game to Le Floch. The 12th set went tightly after both players ended in 40-40 position. After several times getting advantage, Le Floch finally able to take the game with his nice lob. The match was extended into the third set. Susanti didn't want to makes the same mistake as she did in the second set. She keeps her focus and pressure which gives her in the lead of 4-0. Le Floch try to break from Susanti superiority. He able to steal the next 2 games before Susanti back in her shape. Susanti finished the set with another 2 wins and ended it by 6-2 winning. Susanti then advance to the next round.

The only double pair left, Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani was facing Res Publica Nova Roma's pair before entering the next round. Dewi/Maherani win quite easily in the first set. The Horatius's only able to grab 3 games from the first set. The superiority of Dewi/Maherani gives them the first set by 6-3. Having a great confidence can be a double-eyed sword. Dewi/Maherani over confidence on the second set cost them badly. Step by step The Horatius's able to look for their weakness to eventually steal one by one games. The second set went very tight which eventually ended in a tiebreak match. Fortunately, Dewi/Maherani learn their lesson. The keep their focus and try to play safely. Their efforts worth it. They win the tiebreak by 7-5 and take a ticket to the next round.

In the third match day of the Main Competition, Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi will be facing another seeded player. She will meet another Kohnhead player, Mindy Waterford which is also the 9th seed on the competition. On another hand, 5th seed Indah Susanti will be playing against Nadja Hamilton from Base-Triesen. While in Double Competition, Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani will be meet Kevin Cook/Bryan Paynte from Uclington which shockingly defeated 2nd seed, Arthur Leloup/Hildebrant Weisgerber from Recuecn.
Last edited by Pemecutan on Wed May 13, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pemecutan Realm

Homepage | Wikipage

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Thu May 14, 2020 5:55 am

Reçuecians Go Home Early

After a promising draw, only two days into the start of the Steinigestrasse Open every Reçuecian singles competitor has already booked a ticket home. The fans are sure to be disappointed after a promising draw and seeding for the nation. Our only nationals still left in Gergary are Adelinde Günther and Lucas Magnier who have advanced to the doubles second round. (A round of 16, but with pairs, so does that make it a round of thirty-two?) There they will face off against the coneheads, sorry, Kohnheads; Spencer Kohnhead and Bradley Kohnface will be their next opponents.

Although TV viewership was already lower for this tournament, due to its Tier Two designation, it will probably now drop even more in Reçueçn , although a few may continue to watch to see how Günther and Magnier fare. With the big names excluded from a tournament like this, it's harder to bring in those television ratings and sponsorship dollars, a real challenge for tournament organizers, but hopefully one counterbalanced by having the branding and the name of the NSTT behind the event.
Last edited by Recuecn on Thu May 14, 2020 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
rəswɛsən

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Thu May 14, 2020 6:01 am

Centralis Herald - Liveblog

Abelie Fontana vs Maddison Scott - as it happened

Second set: Fontana 6-2 3-6 Scott* (* denotes server)
It's safe to say that Abelie Fontana is stunned. Fontana's covered her head with a towel, ruing the many missed opportunities over the previous set. Meanwhile, Maddison Scott seems to have a pep in her step, rallying after losing six games in a row during the first two sets. She looks more energized, and is soaking in the Steinigestrasse atmosphere. The Gergary crowds are supporting Scott as the underdog. With one set to go, it is anyone's chance to win.

Second set: Fontana 6-2 3-6 1-0 Scott* (* denotes server)
Early nerves it seems! Scott visibly frustrated. She cannot get her first serves in, and with Fontana returning excellently, including a crushing cross-court forehand winner which was far outside the reach of Scott, Scott is broken to love. It's shades of the first set as Fontana bounces up and down in anticipation of every ball.

Second set: Fontana* 6-2 3-6 1-1 Scott (* denotes server)
Shaky start for both players as Scott immediately breaks back. This time, it's a closer game going to deuce. A bit concerning because Scott is very ocasionally clutching her thigh. Could be a hamstring injury, but she's trying to fight through it, and cracks a blistering forehand down the line. Fontana, sensing that something is wrong with Scott's movement tries to attack the net, but most of the time she's unable to control the volleys, giving Scott the immediate break-back. Scott needs to push through the next game in order to call an injury time out.

Second set: Fontana 6-2 3-6 2-1 Scott* (* denotes server)
Scott is trying to go for her shots, but because of her slow movement, she barely has time to get to the ball and to get the racquet on ball for the follow-through of the swing. Fontana moves in on Scott's second serves, toying with her opponent by making her move more from side to side - she's realised that going into the net is not the best strategy. By the end of the game Scott calls for a medical timeout, while Fontana tries to focus on the match. Medical timeouts can be disruptive - we'll know in just a few minutes if Fontana can maintain that break. The physio comes on and adds some kinesiology tape all over the right hamstring and supported by the knee - must be a sprain for sure. After a few stretches and a few minutes, both players resume.

Second set: Fontana* 6-2 3-6 2-2 Scott (* denotes server)
Scott's looking a lot better with the tape, she's getting more hip movement and breaks back Fontana. It was 30-40 after some several woeful backhand shots from Fontana. The last point became crucial, Fontana serves on the T, Scott gets to it quickly and hits it back. Fontana goes down the line successfully... but on the other side is Scott at full stretch, getting the ball back into play, landing out of the reach of the Recuecn player. After four consecutive breaks of serve, is anyone willing to take charge?

Second set: Fontana 6-2 3-6 2-3 Scott* (* denotes server)
Finally, an easy game for Scott. Her movement looks better every game, and she's now able to fully rotate her arms in the swing, and is able to take advantage of her newly patched up right leg to generate power, bombing the ball with accuracy. Holds to love.

Second set: Fontana* 6-2 3-6 2-4 Scott (* denotes server)
Fontana seems to be tiring a bit, two unforced errors in the game proved costly as Maddison Scott breaks. Scott is moving ever closer to victory with the momentum firmly on her side in the second half of the match. A backhand winner from Scott seals the game. Fontana is just playing too placidly, she's not hitting winners and is just hoping for an error from Scott but those errors are not forthcoming.

Second set: Fontana 6-2 3-6 2-5 Scott* (* denotes server)
Another easy game for Scott, it seems to be an almost total collapse from Fontana. She looks visibly deflated and is less bouncy compared to earlier in the set. Scott's first serve percentage has gone up significantly and she's playing a little bit more aggressively.

Second set: Fontana* 6-2 3-6 2-6 Scott (* denotes server)
Game, set and match Scott. She breaks again. Despite there being a thirty-love lead, and hopes of forcing Scott to serve out the match, Fontana becomes the victim of some misfortune with her unplayable forehand flying just past the baseline, which was ruled out. The stands are noticeably emptier of what few Recuecn fans there were, with the mainly Gergary audience breaking out in applause after Scott's clinical performance. In the end, it was Maddison Scott's consistency, better returns and having more winners / less unforced errors which won her the match. Tomorrow she faces off against Kohnhead's Rodrick Uppatin, who won his match earlier in the day.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Gergary
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Gergary » Thu May 14, 2020 7:46 am

Singles - Round of 16
Karina Gerard (NEG)            3   7   5
Janet Riley (ETM) 6 5 7

Syamim Kevin (SHT) 3 6 6
Sami Dominikanov (MTJ) 6 1 4

SARA (EAS) 6 6
Jeff Rogers (INC) 0 3

Mindy Waterford (KHD) 6 5 6
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 2 7 2

Mattias Burges (MTJ) 6 7
Ajla Vesnic (MTJ) 1 6

Kathi Betsold (KAN) 4 6
Theresa Waterford (KHD) 6 7

Maddison Scott (ETM) 6 3
Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) 7 6

Nadja Hamilton (BTZ) 4 1
Indah Susanti (PCU) 6 6

Doubles - Round of 16
Sasha Novaleski/Mary Schläger (PET)               6   4   6
Vanessza Pataki/Marvin Weinwurm (GGY) 0 6 4

Patrice Carlson/Melanie O'Malley (RTS) 0 3
Tamara Hucsak/Dominik Lintner (MTJ) 6 6

Spencer Kohnhead/Bradley Kohnface (KHD) 6 3 6
Adelinde Günther/Lucas Magnier (RCN) 4 6 2

Izzat Manson/George Fakhrul (SHT) 7 1 6
Michael Legrand/Juan Ortiz (KRY) 6 6 3

Kevin Cook/Bryan Paynte (UCG) 6 6 6
Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani (PCU) 7 2 2

Justin White/Joe Fernández (NWK) 7 2 7
Alan Sanchez/Alex Rivera (NWK) 5 6 5

Marcus Hathwar/Jack Ho (ETM) 4 7 7
Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (TJU) 6 5 5

Tomaus Âgiua/Marcus Watson-McGillicuddy (DKI) 4 6
Leanne Stewart/Anthony Kawasaki (ETM) 6 7

Singles - Quarterfinals Matches
[16] Janet Riley (ETM) vs Syamim Kevin (SHT)
[4] SARA (EAS) vs [9] Mindy Waterford (KHD)
[3] Mattias Burges (MTJ) vs Theresa Waterford (KHD)
[Q] Rodrick Uppatin (KHD) vs [5] Indah Susanti (PCU)

Doubles - Quarterfinals Matches
Sasha Novaleski/Mary Schläger (PET) vs [5] Tamara Hucsak/Dominik Lintner (MTJ)
[8] Spencer Kohnhead/Bradley Kohnface (KHD) vs Izzat Manson/George Fakhrul (SHT)
Kevin Cook/Bryan Paynte (UCG) vs [Q] Justin White/Joe Fernández (NWK)
[6] Marcus Hathwar/Jack Ho (ETM) vs [4] Leanne Stewart/Anthony Kawasaki (ETM)
Last edited by Gergary on Thu May 14, 2020 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Thu May 14, 2020 8:36 am

AAUGCC was the first virus to ever consider applying for an Ebola infection to be internationally recognized as a country, and the first to consider having an athletic career. It was all AAUGCC's idea, not the SARS virus GUACUU's. (GUACUU=SARA for anyone coming in late.)

And yet here they were at the Steinigestrasse Open, their second international tennis tournament, and AAUGCC was once again eliminated in the first round while the SARS virus that it'd brought along for the ride was going on to the quarterfinals. The SARS virus was also on only its second host since they had started their adventures in mind-control, diplomacy, and tennis, while AAUGCC could not stop killing everything it infected. During the time between the Electrum Slam and the Steinigestrasse Open, while they were training at home, AAUGCC had killed several macaques. It used gorillas to play in tournaments, but since the gorillas were endangered and hard to find in large numbers, it sometimes used other hosts during time off.

AAUGCC felt like a complete fuck up as he watched GUACUU -- and the tabby-striped cat-girl that GUACUU had infected for the last several months -- easily put away Jeff Rogers. The cat-girl moved so naturally and effortlessly, you would never guess that her whole nervous system had been hijacked by a virus. AAUGCC knew how difficult it was to control a host by infecting their brain, but GUACUU made it look easy.

AAUGCC never made it look easy. It had won its first set against Mattias Burges only because Burges was initially intimidated playing against a 500 lb gorilla. Once Burges regained his composure, he defeated AAUGCC in the next two sets.

In the first round of the doubles, AAUGCC had clumsily lumbered around the court, stepped on GUACUU's long stripey tail, and repeatedly let the ball get by.

AAUGCC thought back over all these fuck ups as it watched GUACUU play against Rogers. The poor clumsy Ebola virus couldn't understand why GUACUU was so much better at this, when it was all AAUGCC's idea.
There are viruses on the internet! Make sure your computer is protected.
African, asexual, and proud.
Racism is foolish. You're all the same inside. I would know.

TJUN-ia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

DEUCE: ..............

Postby TJUN-ia » Thu May 14, 2020 10:29 am

[6] Marcus Hathwar/Jack Ho (ETM) bt [Q] Shinji Makauchi/Felipe de la Rosa (4-6, 7-5, 7-5)

Well then, that settles that. TJUN-ia is out of the Steinigestraße Open and it's not the quarterfinals yet. A disappointment for sure considering the successes we had in Electrum and Kannap.

Though, to be honest, this is the best thing that could have happened to our players. TJUN-ia, a debuting nation to the world of tennis, has already had an unexpected amount of success: the runs of both Jean van de Kloor and Valentina Spetsova heightened the nation's expectations of TJUN-ian tennis. We needed something to crash us down to earth, to remind us all that we are still new to the sport and Gergary provided that.

But we can improve. The clay-court season is not far away - new surface, new chaos. Who knows what will happen. But the TFT needs to regroup and, by God, it will...mark my words.
NSSCRA - JR

UN - U1

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports