NATION

PASSWORD

Of Hillbillies & Fireflies : BoF 72 Appalachia & Ko-oren bid

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Appalachian Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Of Hillbillies & Fireflies : BoF 72 Appalachia & Ko-oren bid

Postby Appalachian Nation » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:08 pm

Of Appalachia: Appalachia busted on the scene last year by winning its BoF 71 group and finishing first in Group G with a blistering points total of 16 in just 6 games. Then they crused through the BoF playoffs before running into the unstoppable Trolleborg team. While the WC Qualifiers didn't go as planned and they finished 10th out of 11 teams, they did participate in CoH 76 aalbiuet again they struggled finishing last place int heir group.

As for the nation itself it is located in the Northwestern portion of Esportiva. Its neighbors are Mattijana to the south and Ethane to the north. There are only two small sections of Appalachia that border international waters and those are the important port cities of Erie and Ashtabula. Overall Appalachia is known for being predominantly mountainous with industry in the nation being the typical Industry you see with those types of nations (Coal, Forestry, Steel). The capital of Charleston is located in central Appalachia and is home to several beautiful rivers and mountains. Other major cities include Pittsburgh in the north, the home of the Steel industry in Appalachia, Charlotte a southern city that is home to a large chucnk of the banking industry and Louisville a major River port for goods being shipped down river to Mattijana.

As for association football, the Appalachia National team and the Applachian Primier Soccer League are both run under the watchful eyes of the Soccer Federation. The SF is the primary governing body for Soccer in the nation and will be the organization hosting the tournament.

OOC: The user behind Appalachian Nation is new to the hosting club, but did host CE XXV with Newmanistan and CoH 76 with Banija under his primary nation Xanneria.

Of Ko-oren: Ko-oren, the Dragonfly archipelago, lies in Atlantian Oceania's northwest. The peaceful, green islands may look small and remote, but they are home to countless climates and landscapes as well as countless languages. It has previously been the backdrop for a World Bowl, a Cricket T20 World Championship, a World Cup of Hockey, and a Rugby Union World Cup, just to give you an idea of just how many sports enjoy a following here, leading to a rich and varied patchwork of fandoms and loyalties. We are convinced that there's a place for everyone here.

OOC: As you can tell the user behind Ko-oren has a lot of hosting expirience, most recently the FHWC was hosted by him.

Scorination:

The BoF will be scorinated by xkorinate with NSFS Formula and Multiplicative Modifiers (But this can be changed if there is a majority who think it should be changed)
It is preferred to have an even amount of team show up and have the amount of teams also be divisible by either 4 or 6. This is again subject to change but the idea is to have Group stages that would either be groups of 4 teams playing double round robin or a single round robin group of 6 teams. Playoffs would contain 16 teams in all likelyhood baring a massive tournament size. Format is subject to change depending ons ign up numbers for the BoF.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:47 pm

What tiebreakers are you using?
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:15 pm

One minor question to Appalachia and Ko-oren : This is less of a case in BoF as it'd be with WC, but who are senior and junior cohosts on this specific bid?

Another question to Appalachia : As a cohost of a controversial WC (out of 6 WCC tournaments I've cohosted), I do wonder how you are going to address the previous concerns many of us in the community had about the Xannerian side of CoH 75.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:21 pm

Why do you want to use multiplicative modifiers?

Who is the "majority" you are open to feedback from?
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Appalachian Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Appalachian Nation » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:56 pm

Free Republics wrote:What tiebreakers are you using?

Oh crap I knew I forgot something.

H2H first. then Goal Differential, then Goals Scored, then Coinflip (RP Bonus)

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:One minor question to Appalachia and Ko-oren : This is less of a case in BoF as it'd be with WC, but who are senior and junior cohosts on this specific bid?

Another question to Appalachia : As a cohost of a controversial WC (out of 6 WCC tournaments I've cohosted), I do wonder how you are going to address the previous concerns many of us in the community had about the Xannerian side of CoH 75.

Ko-oren would be the senior host.

As for the issues with CoH 76. I do feel like I've learned more about how xkorinate works since CoH76, and I feel like I should able to keep the issues that cropped up in CoH76 at bay. The big issues was max skill points and that has already been fixed in my domestic league.

Zwangzug wrote:Why do you want to use multiplicative modifiers?

Who is the "majority" you are open to feedback from?

I use Multiplicative modifiers in my domestic league, but if additive works better and multiple people would reccomend that I switch then I'll switch. Also if Ko-oren says I should I switch then obviously I will listen to my cohost and switch.

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:31 pm

Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:27 pm

Appalachian Nation wrote:Ko-oren would be the senior host.

As for the issues with CoH 76. I do feel like I've learned more about how xkorinate works since CoH76, and I feel like I should able to keep the issues that cropped up in CoH76 at bay. The big issues was max skill points and that has already been fixed in my domestic league.

Thank you. Another question:

Appalachian Nation wrote:I use Multiplicative modifiers in my domestic league, but if additive works better and multiple people would reccomend that I switch then I'll switch. Also if Ko-oren says I should I switch then obviously I will listen to my cohost and switch.

Does this mean you decided for the bid by yourself, without discussing this point with the senior cohost of this bid? If so, why is the junior cohost making this decision without consultation with the senior cohost?
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Appalachian Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Appalachian Nation » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:14 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:
Appalachian Nation wrote:I use Multiplicative modifiers in my domestic league, but if additive works better and multiple people would reccomend that I switch then I'll switch. Also if Ko-oren says I should I switch then obviously I will listen to my cohost and switch.

Does this mean you decided for the bid by yourself, without discussing this point with the senior cohost of this bid? If so, why is the junior cohost making this decision without consultation with the senior cohost?

As I said elsewhere to you. But when you said "Senior Co-host" I thought it meant who was the veteran co-host of the two which would have been Ko-oren. But no I see now was meant who is the leader of the bid, which would in turn would be me.

Apologies for the confusion over that comment.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:20 am

I appreciate the concerns in my TGs and over on discord. Between quarantine, working from home and so on, things have been quite hectic. I know for a fact things will calm down once the tournament is coming up (if only because I'll actually be home then).

We've talked things over. Differences in time zone and chaos due to aforementioned quarantine measures meant we couldn't immediately discuss these points. We've found ways to get into contact more, but at times that'll mean slower response times in the bid period (again, that will be smoothed out by the time the tournament rolls around, given I don't have everything at my disposal that I normally have).

So, as for the response to everyone's concerns:
- We will use additive style modifiers
- Tiebreakers stand as previously answered by Appalachian Nation
- I will act as the bid's senior co-host. Obviously, please address both co-hosts in case you're running into something.
- On the topic of Xanneria's: we're using the systems that the co-hosts of that team fell back to after running into problems. We will have access to shared documents to ensure minimal differences between both halves of the tournament.
WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Appalachian Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Appalachian Nation » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:40 am

We talked this over earlier today and yes, Ko-oren will be the senior co-host.
Last edited by Appalachian Nation on Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Appalachian Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Appalachian Nation » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:00 pm

So i regret to inform that Ko-oren is having to back out of this bid.

I am working on another BoF Bid with another user though, and that will be out in a day or two.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:00 am

Given the circumstances, I won't be able to reliably scorinate the BoF. Apologies to Appalachia.

Once normalcy returns (somewhat), I will be back as a host.
WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports