NATION

PASSWORD

NSSCRA 9- Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

NSSCRA 9 - Suzgar Win - Kermania Fortress Run

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:40 pm

Kermania Fortress Run, Kermania Citadel, Jebslund :: The NSSCRA had entered unfamiliar territory with the Start of Round 3 of the NSSCRA Playoff Chase. Prior to Season 9, no NSSCRA Season had lasted for longer than 30 races. The Kermania Fortress Run - which was traditionally among the earlier events in the NSSCRA schedule - having never been contested any later than Round 9, was now race number 34 of NSSCRA Season 9. River 'Shark' Suzgar had never been particularly competitive at the Kermania Citadel, but the event had never before been such a critical part of the NSSCRA Playoffs.

Historically "The Shark" has been most dangerous during the heart of the NSSCRA Schedule. Of all Suzgar's seven career victories, none had previously been later than Round 17 of the schedule. Now, at Round 34 of NSSCRA Season 9, 17 races have come and gone, and now a second set of 17 races had come and nearly gone again. A win for Suzgar in this event would break a number of statistical trends. First, Suzgar's mediocre record in the Kermania Fortress Run, having never previously posted a Top 10 finish at Jebslund's premier event. Secondly, Suzgar's propensity for consistency without late-season checkered flags. Suzgar had already broken some aspect of that statistic earlier in Season 9 by winning the second race of the season in New Northwesteros. Prior to this seasons Argo Petrol 300, Suzgar had never won a race earlier than Round 8 in a season. It was by far and away the earliest Suzgar had ever won an event in a season. However, it helped offset the fact that Suzgar had won just one race during NSSCRA Season 8 after having won two races per season in each of their prior campaigns during NSSCRA 6 and NSSCRA 7.

At that point, however, none of Suzgar's 6 career victories had come on either Short Tracks or Road Courses. After winning their first career race in dramatic fashion at the Jalton Superspeedway during Season 6's Regular Season Cutoff event, Suzgar would collect the next five victories of their career including the second round of NSSCRA Season 9 on Oval inspired Speedway courses. The Sankyoku Tri Oval in Aji No Moto, the Sirenia Speedway in Lisander, the Lannisburg Complex. While their victory in the debut event at the Tropicoast Beach Course during NSSCRA Season 7 had shown some variability in Suzgar's driving portfolio, the always consistent 'Shark' had really only demonstrated true bite on Speedway courses.

It would all change when the circuit rolled into Xanneria for Round 14 of NSSCRA Season 9. Suzgar rolled out with a victory in the Grand Prix of Marietta, their first on a course that even required skillful braking no less right hand turns. The victory demonstrated Suzgar's progress in accomplishing a personal goal of success in non-speedway events that would be required if the Vilita and Turori driver would be able to navigate through an increasingly competitive field to return to the NSSCRA championship race. With a Road Course and a Short Track included during every round of the Chase, well balanced portfolio was becoming a necessity for drivers to earn the right to compete for the title.

With many of the top brass at the Vilisorma Beverage Company having skipped the Kermania Fortress Run race week, there was not the typical packed schedule that usually accompanies a race where Vilaye Energy Drink is serving as Suzgar's primary sponsor. Perhaps the lighter than usual sponsor schedule was a contribution, or just generally being better prepared for the race being in a more critical spot in the NSSCRA Calendar, but the #14 Vilaye Energy Drink Dart was exceptionally fast come race day with Suzgar immediately clawing through the field and making their way to the front of the pack.

"The Shark" took the lead from Valentina Freya Yadana Aye just past the races halfway point and never looked back, leading the Valkyrie Motorsports rookie driver for the remainder of the event as the duo drove away from the field in a dominating performance. While it was Suzgar's second Road Course victory of the season, it was the most impressive message that the Vilita & Turori Motorsports driver could send that they would not be left out of the Title Picture. Just one race after Stacie Houston booked her ticket to the Championship Four with a chance to become a two-time NSSCRA Champion, Suzgar would follow suit.
#14 River 'Shark' Suzgar takes the lead from #15 Valentina Freya Yadana Aye in Jebslund

In victory lane, Vilaye Energy Drink was flowing. Cans being tossed about. Boxes, hats, towels. It was a celebration of Vilaye. For the first time in his career, River 'Shark' Suzgar II had won three races in a single season. Naturally, with NSSCRA Season 9 being the longest NSSCRA campaign to date, more wins might be expected but the third win also allowed Suzgar for the first time to provide victories to each of his three primary sponsors in the same season. Suzgar's first win of the season in New Northwesteros came with the colors of the Vilitan Tourism Board on the #14 Dart. Suzgar's second win of the season in Xanneria came with Toys '4' All as the primary sponsor on the Vilita and Turori Motorsports Dart and then finally, Suzgar put Vilaye Energy Drink back in Victory Lane in the Kermania Fortress Run. It was Suzgar's first victory for Vilaye Energy Drink since the inaugural Tropicorp 500 during NSSCRA Season 7 although it had been a very successful season of sponsorship already for the Vilisorma Based beverage company.

After waiting for the moment since the outset of their sponsorship of the NSSCRA's Pole Award, Suzgar had finally delivered Vilaye Energy Drink their first Pole Award with the Vilaye Energy Drink colors on the #14 when "The Shark' Took the pole position at the Nacia Cirkvito in Islas Aaland. Suzgar then backed up the performance in Vilaye's very next event as Primary Sponsor topping the qualifying charts at the Yoggy Oval. Now, Suzgar has delivered two Pole Positions and a Race Victory to Vilaye Energy Drink in a season performance that has Cemented the Vilitan driver's legacy as one of the NSSCRA's greatest drivers.

While the party in Jebslund may have been dampened by the fact that Vilisorma Beverage Company officials opted to stay back in Vilita to be prepared for any fallout due to the Final Report of the Cocoabo Commission, the lack of any negative press related to the release of the report coupled with Suzgar's victory at the Kermania Fortress Run and securing of a place in the NSSCRA Championship Four ensured the party was on throughout Vilisorma.

There was still one more race before the championship, however, and while it wasn't a scheduled Vilaye Energy Drink sponsored event for Suzgar, there would be plenty of officials from the company on hand in Vangaziland as Jama'obo Pegasii would be piloting the #87 Vilaye Roast Dart as a Vilita & Turori Motorports Research & Development entry in South Stead. Due to Vilaye's presence at the track through Pegasii's #87 machine, Suzgar's existing commitments with race sponsor Toys '4' All and the added media attention due to having been the prior events winner and clinching a place in the Championship 4, there would likely not be time for a breather in a packed personal schedule for 'The Shark' at the Imperial Speedway.

While Six Drivers would be fighting on the Day for Two spots in the Championship 4 where they would compete against Suzgar and Houston for the NSSCRA 9 title, for the Vilita & Turori Motorsports team they had four drivers in the event and points were not a concern for any of them. For Tiones and Gilli'i they would be looking to park the #2 Tiones Lumber Dart and #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart's in victory lane to act as spoiler of sorts after having been eliminated from Chase Contention earlier in the Playoff Chase. A fourth driver, Jama'obo Pegasii, would be competing for their sponsor in a race which the have previously posted a Top 5 finish in during NSSCRA Season 6.

Pegasii is currently a free agent driver following the conclusion of the World Grand Prix circuits third campaign of its second-level series. Pegasii's performances regularly outperformed their antiquated steam-powered equipment on the World Grand Prix 2 circuit even securing their first ever Grand Prix victory in the process. While it is widely expected that Pegasii would return to the Open Wheel circuit, their appearance at multiple Stock Car events during the current campaign including the Challenge at the Rocks, the Rumble in the Rice Fields and now the Gryphon Supermarkets 250 has once again fanned the flames that Pegasii could be searching for a part or full time ride for NSSCRA Season 10. Of course, depending on how things go for Pegasii in Vangaziland could sway the balance for the journeyman Vilita & Turorian in deciding where to focus their efforts for the new season.

#14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II - NSSCRA Race Victories
[SS] : VT - NSSCRA 6 - Rd. 10- Pencurve Electronics 500 (Jalton, Saint Kanye)
[SU] : VT - NSSCRA 6 - Rd. 14- Sankyoku Tri Oval (Sankyoku, Aji No Moto)
[SP] : VY - NSSCRA 7 - Rd. 8 - Tropicorp 500 (Tropicoast, Tropicorp)
[SP] : VT - NSSCRA 7 - Rd. 17- Central Shanesville 300 (Central Shanesville)
[SP] : T4 - NSSCRA 8 - Rd. 10- Lantis Sirenia 300 (Sirenia, Lisander)
[SP] : VT - NSSCRA 9 - Rd. 2 - Argo Petrol 350 (Lannisburg, New Northwesteros)
[RC] : T4 - NSSCRA 9 - Rd. 14- Grand Prix of Marietta (Marietta, Xanneria)
[RC] : VY - NSSCRA 9 - Rd. 34- Kermania Fortress Run (Kermania Citadel, Jebslund)

With Qualifying completed at the Imperial Speedway, Centur Tiones once again put in a fast time but just missed securing their second career Pole Position in South Stead finishing second to Jeremiah Brooke on the Leaderboard. While damaging their career average with a 15th place starting spot during NSSCRA Season 8, Tiones has now qualified inside the Top 3 on three occasions in the seasons penultimate race and won the event from the pole during NSSCRA Season 6. It is just the second time in the race's history that a Vilita & Turori Motorsports driver did not earn pole position but all three of the team's full time drivers was quick with Yraaga Gilli'i rolling off one spot ahead of short-track rival Stacie Houston in 4th position while River 'Shark' Suzgar put in the 7th fastest qualifying time. The teams Research and Development driver for the event, Jama'obo Pegasii will start from the 38th position with the research clearly indicating that more development was required for the team if they were going to contend for a Top 10 finish with the #87 Vilaye Roast Dart.

Outside of the Vilita & Turori Motorsports Drivers, Brooke naturally put themselves in the best position to advance to the Championship Four sitting on pole position while defending series champion Kai Qiang will roll off from the 8th position. The four drivers currently sitting outside the Top 4 in the standings also posted the worst Qualifying times with Gwen Tracer Allison backup up the field from 43rd position with the most difficult path ahead of them to the Proving Grounds. Archer, Li and Stiller will be fighting from outside the Top 10 to try to steal a spot from the veterans. Former Vilita & Turori Motorsports driver Rockii Ezis who had run into a hot spell towards the end of the Regular Season has cooled down as of late and will continue the hunt for their first NSSCRA victory rolling off from the 12th position on the grid. Ezis has a career average finish of 16th at the Imperial Speedway with best finish of 10th during NSSCRA Season 7.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Post 41 - Race 34.

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:51 pm

The Valentians – Kermania Fortress Run, Kermania Citadel, Jebslund (Road Course)

Segment 0: Clarissa: 14 // Valentina: 09 // Gwen: 13
Segment 1: Clarissa: 20 // Valentina: 01 // Gwen: 12
Segment 2: Clarissa: 11 // Valentina: 06 // Gwen: 14
Segment 3: Clarissa: 05 // Valentina: 01 // Gwen: 03
Segment 4: Clarissa: 09 // Valentina: 02 // Gwen: 18
Segment 5: Clarissa: 19 // Valentina: 08 // Gwen: 17
Segment 6: Clarissa: 09 // Valentina: 02 // Gwen: 06

Valentina made the day for this race, for the Valentians. Placing 2nd for this race, she celebrated with some champagne and spending some time taking pictures in the podium. She spent as much time as possible posing for the cameras, also hugging fans and giving them a firm handshake. In fact, the three Valentians placed within Top 10 that it was unbelievable. The Valentians themselves, in essence, have a swing of things when it comes to placements and performances; sometimes all three of them would have the worst of their lucks and other times, Lady Luck is with them throughout the race.

After a while, she grew back to her full height and back in her usual dress, dwarfing just about everything else around her. Though somehow, and thankfully, no one seemed to have minded. There were perhaps a few people that recoiled in horror and tried to run, but Valentina's smiling visage has calmed them down.

"Oooh, I suppose people have already told you guys about me!" Valentina exclaimed, trying her best to slowly walk to the middle of the track's grass field and to not trample anything or anyone around. "Well, well, well, if you want to take some photos with me, you know you can just ask!"

Placing her hand onto the ground, she lifted up people, turn after turn, with various poses, for the picture perfect moment. She was afraid that her giant nature will be a turnoff, but people turn her into a curiosity for the better. After all, it's not that they meet a giantess in their lives, let alone a friendly one.

Many more hours have passed, which Valentina then went back into her lounge, which has Gwen and Clarissa inside. Clarissa was with Jenny, calibrating some variables and some bits here and there. In the meantime, Gwen was practicing for the next race ahead.

“Gwen, don’t you think you are taking this a little too seriously?” Germaine asked with concern in her voice.

“Well, I mean… it does look like I am overworking, but I want to make sure that I aced that race. And it’s not looking too good, Germaine!” Gwen replied back, worry in her voice, “I… I have seen it.”

“Not too good of an outcome?”

“No, unfortunately no. My qualifications are going to tank on that race and I already knew about it.”

“I hate to be the one suggesting bad ideas, but… can’t you use your powers to bring a bit of favour into this? Make yourself 1st in Qualifications? Or even Top 10?”

“I do thought of that, and it crossed my mind several times. But no, we must be above this. Cheating, even if undetected, is something I don’t want to do.”

“I mean, come onnnnn, who’s gonna notice? No one has the power of time travel to check on a Fate such as yourself!” Jenny added with a smile.

“No, Jenny, I am not doing that. It’s just not right, like I said.”

“Haha, sorry I was goading you into it. I mean, you just look soooo stressed! Maybe a drink-“

“Ohhh no, Jen, a drink is the last thing on my mind right now. Though… I do would love an energy drink for that day, you know? And I know just the thing!”

The qualifications did not go so well for Gwen, ending on the bottom of the line-up. Gwen took this with full effect, swearing to do better and getting herself a drink that she love from her travels around the universes.

“Straight out of Burma from 2000s!” Gwen exclaimed, opening a bottle and drinking one, “It tastes a little bit like that other energy drink, but still different with a taste of its own.”

“Oooh, my husband used to eat these,” Clarissa exclaimed excitingly.

“Wait… eat?” Gwen asked, confused, “But this is a drink. You mean- oh no….”

“Yes, Vallie loves to freeze them as a popsicle and eats them.”

“Oh my good God.”

“But it is still the same thing! I mean, it’s frozen, that’s all.”

Gwen further went on to practice for a total of 11 hours on the simulation.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:04 pm

Race: Gryphon Supermarket 250, Imperial Speedway, South Stead, Vangaziland (Short Track)
Lap Record: 15.720 sec.
Minimum Time To Avoid DNF: 17.750 sec.

Segment 1:
1 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua)                              15.924
2 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 15.938
3 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 15.957
4 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 15.982
5 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 15.986
6 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 15.986
7 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 15.989
8 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 16.000
9 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 16.012
10 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 16.020
11 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 16.026
12 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 16.029
13 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 16.073
14 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 16.077
15 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 16.126
16 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 16.126
17 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 16.185
18 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 16.202
19 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 16.206
20 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 16.221
21 #87- Jama'obo Pegasii (Vilita and Turori) 16.242
22 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 16.275
23 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 16.284
24 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 16.304
25 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 16.311
26 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.328
27 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 16.401
28 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 16.465
29 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 16.488
30 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 16.576
31 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 16.577
32 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 16.582
33 #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) *Q* 16.661
34 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 16.713
35 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 16.714
36 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 16.735
37 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 16.855
38 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 16.861
39 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) *Q* 17.104
40 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 17.190
41 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 17.501
42 #50- Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) *Q* 17.522
43 #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) 17.555
44 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 17.645
45 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 17.673
46 #25- Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) *Q* 17.685

Segment 2:
1 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire)                           15.946
2 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 15.980
3 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 15.992
4 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 16.001
5 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 16.003
6 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 16.025
7 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 16.033
8 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 16.033
9 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 16.046
10 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 16.046
11 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 16.050
12 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 16.052
13 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 16.087
14 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 16.097
15 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 16.135
16 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 16.148
17 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 16.188
18 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 16.203
19 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 16.220
20 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 16.224
21 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 16.276
22 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 16.324
23 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 16.325
24 #87- Jama'obo Pegasii (Vilita and Turori) 16.429
25 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 16.536
26 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 16.557
27 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 16.563
28 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 16.584
29 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 16.621
30 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 16.730
31 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 16.770
32 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.788
33 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 16.838
34 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 16.878
35 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 17.012
36 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) *Q* 17.087
37 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 17.204
38 #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) *Q* 17.209
39 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 17.329
40 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 17.462
41 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 17.508
42 #25- Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) *Q* 17.566
43 #50- Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) *Q* 17.701
44 #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) 17.730
45 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 17.944 DNF
46 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 18.149 DNF

Segment 3:
1 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire)                             15.922
2 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 15.938
3 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 15.942
4 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 15.985
5 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 15.995
6 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 16.000
7 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 16.002
8 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 16.009
9 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 16.011
10 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 16.024
11 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 16.028
12 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 16.033
13 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 16.047
14 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 16.094
15 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 16.101
16 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 16.107
17 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 16.108
18 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 16.126
19 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 16.128
20 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 16.155
21 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 16.202
22 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 16.216
23 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 16.247
24 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 16.314
25 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 16.322
26 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.356
27 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 16.373
28 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 16.409
29 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 16.460
30 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 16.492
31 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 16.494
32 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 16.509
33 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 16.551
34 #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) *Q* 16.781
35 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 16.932
36 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) *Q* 16.971
37 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 16.995
38 #87- Jama'obo Pegasii (Vilita and Turori) 17.373
39 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 17.378
40 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 17.409
41 #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) 17.421
42 #50- Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) *Q* 17.508
43 #25- Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) *Q* 17.582
44 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 17.797 DNF

Segment 4:
1 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)                                15.933
2 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 15.937
3 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 15.942
4 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 15.984
5 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 15.988
6 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 16.029
7 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 16.048
8 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 16.052
9 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 16.058
10 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 16.086
11 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 16.096
12 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 16.131
13 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 16.133
14 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 16.153
15 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 16.170
16 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 16.188
17 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 16.194
18 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 16.194
19 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 16.282
20 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 16.288
21 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 16.297
22 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 16.301
23 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 16.311
24 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 16.334
25 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 16.346
26 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 16.448
27 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 16.524
28 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 16.555
29 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 16.615
30 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 16.615
31 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 16.622
32 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 16.664
33 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) *Q* 16.672
34 #87- Jama'obo Pegasii (Vilita and Turori) 16.706
35 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.744
36 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 16.835
37 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 16.988
38 #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) 17.378
39 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 17.388
40 #50- Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) *Q* 17.547
41 #25- Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) *Q* 17.644
42 #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) *Q* 17.855 DNF
43 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 17.866 DNF

Segment 5:
1 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)                             15.951
2 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 15.981
3 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 15.983
4 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 15.985
5 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 15.993
6 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 16.013
7 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 16.016
8 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 16.027
9 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 16.030
10 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 16.043
11 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 16.059
12 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 16.071
13 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 16.092
14 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 16.100
15 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 16.105
16 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 16.145
17 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 16.179
18 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 16.189
19 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 16.283
20 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 16.284
21 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 16.326
22 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 16.332
23 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 16.338
24 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 16.365
25 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.492
26 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 16.497
27 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 16.504
28 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 16.532
29 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 16.570
30 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) *Q* 16.586
31 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 16.610
32 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 16.665
33 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 16.733
34 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 16.765
35 #87- Jama'obo Pegasii (Vilita and Turori) 16.806
36 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 16.937
37 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 16.990
38 #50- Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) *Q* 17.527
39 #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) 17.568
40 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 17.678
41 #25- Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) *Q* 17.696

Final Results:
+-----+-------------------------------------------------------------+--------+
| Pos | Driver | Avg. |
| 1 | #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) | 16.046 | WINNER
| 2 | #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) | 16.049 |
| 3 | #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) | 16.072 |
| 4 | #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) | 16.079 |
| 5 | #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) | 16.080 |
| 6 | #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) | 16.082 |
| 7 | #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) | 16.099 |
| 8 | #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) | 16.100 |
| 9 | #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) | 16.102 |
| 10 | #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) | 16.112 |
| 11 | #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) | 16.120 |
| 12 | #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) | 16.122 |
| 13 | #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) | 16.128 |
| 14 | #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) | 16.130 |
| 15 | #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) | 16.141 |
| 16 | #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) | 16.148 |
| 17 | #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) | 16.159 |
| 18 | #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) | 16.173 |
| 19 | #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) | 16.218 |
| 20 | #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) | 16.221 |
| 21 | #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) | 16.255 |
| 22 | #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) | 16.259 |
| 23 | #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) | 16.266 |
| 24 | #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) | 16.307 |
| 25 | #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) | 16.475 |
| 26 | #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) | 16.489 |
| 27 | #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) | 16.521 |
| 28 | #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) | 16.523 |
| 29 | #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) | 16.542 |
| 30 | #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) | 16.555 |
| 31 | #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) | 16.601 |
| 32 | #87- Jama'obo Pegasii (Vilita and Turori) | 16.711 |
| 33 | #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) | 16.785 |
| 34 | #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) | 16.821 |
| 35 | #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) | 16.836 |
| 36 | #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) | 16.839 |
| 37 | #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) | 16.884 |
| 38 | #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) | 17.090 |
| 39 | #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) | 17.530 |
| 40 | #50- Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) | 17.561 |
| 41 | #25- Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) | 17.635 |
| 42 | #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) | DNF |
| 43 | #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) | DNF |
| 44 | #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) | DNF |
| 45 | #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) | DNF |
| 46 | #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) | DNF |

Point Standings (After 35 Races):
| Pos | Driver | Points |
| 1 | #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)**** | 4141 | (5000)
| 2 | #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua)*** | 4135 | (5000)
| 3 | #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire)*** | 4135 | (5000)
| 4 | #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire)**** | 4134 |
| 5 | #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z)* | 4128 |
| 6 | #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori)*** | 4118 | (5000)
| 7 | #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye)* | 4110 |
| 8 | #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft)** | 4110 |
| 9 | #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper)* | 3200 |
| 10 | #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori)** | 3191 |
| 11 | #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp)* | 3190 |
| 12 | #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire)** | 3154 |
| 13 | #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)* | 2317 |
| 14 | #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z)* | 2283 |
| 15 | #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori)* | 2268 |
| 16 | #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z)* | 2263 |
| 17 | #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper)* | 1067 |
| 18 | #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia)* | 1044 |
| 19 | #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) | 1013 |
| 20 | #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) | 996 |
| 21 | #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) | 879 |
| 22 | #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) | 847 |
| 23 | #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) | 845 |
| 24 | #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) | 834 |
| 25 | #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) | 794 |
| 26 | #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria)* | 784 |
| 27 | #30- Lexi Patterson (Jebslund)* | 719 |
| 28 | #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) | 705 |
| 29 | #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) | 644 |
| 30 | #13- Brigadegeneral Eva Kerman (Jebslund) | 625 |
| 31 | #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) | 604 |
| 32 | #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) | 524 |
| 33 | #81- Chris Holmes (Hapilopper) | 521 |
| 34 | #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) | 509 |
| 35 | #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) | 501 |
| 36 | #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) | 483 |
| 37 | #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) | 480 |
| 38 | #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) | 389 |
| 39 | #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) | 307 |
| 40 | #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) | 267 |
| 41 | #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) | 250 |
| 42 | #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) | 239 |
| 43 | #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) | 230 |
| 44 | #09- Daniel Cretton (Bolgano) | 204 |
| 45 | #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) | 195 |
| 46 | #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) | 193 |
| 47 | #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) | 188 |
| 48 | #53- Teija Kuusela (The Albali Republic) | 154 |
| 49 | #1- Vanda Rosa Cordeiro Kerman (Jebslund) | 126 |
| 50 | #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) | 119 |
| 51 | #19- Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) | 100 |
| 52 | #38- Elio Aaron (Esmerel) | 85 |
| 53 | #42- Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) | 79 |
| 54 | #83- Fiona Sunarya (Filindostan) | 75 |
| 55 | #49- Lotara Novorali (Vilita and Turori) | 61 |
| 56 | #79- Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) | 59 |
| 57 | #83- Noriyasu Nagai (Filindostan) | 56 |
| 58 | #25- Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) | 53 |
| 59 | #17- Tyler Abbott (Cassadaigua) | 45 |
| 60 | #16- Tucker Capps (Xanneria) | 39 |
| 61 | #34- Matthew Conrad (Hampton Island) | 35 |
| 62 | #01- Cristensen Kalsters (Islas Aaland) | 31 |
| 63 | #87- Jama'obo Pegasii (Vilita and Turori) | 29 |
| 64 | #07- Abdoulaye Goita (Saint Kanye) | 26 |
| 65 | #96- Ganglie Zhe (Abanhfleft) | 24 |
| 66 | #20- Pyotr Lavrentiev (Saint Kanye) | 24 |
| 67 | #45- Ben Carpenter (Esmerel) | 23 |
| 68 | #20- David Rockingham (Esmerel) | 22 |
| 69 | #63- Jamie Isabella Eirian (Valentine Z) | 19 |
| 70 | #47- Johnny Betta (Xanneria) | 18 |
| 71 | #32- Waltteri Lehto (The Albali Republic) | 17 |
| 72 | #26- Roger Bipacks (Bolgano) | 14 |
| 73 | #04- Félix-Antoine Constantineau (Terre Septentrionale) | 13 |
| 74 | #59- Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) | 11 |
| 75 | #57- Gordon Orton (Appalachian Nation) | 11 |
| 76 | #40- Ongmu Yeti (The Sherpa Empire) | 10 |
| 77 | #50- Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) | 7 |
| 78 | #71- Brett Pickles (Appalachian Nation) | 5 |
| 79 | #35- Melissa Nilis (Bolgano) | 5 |
| 80 | #75- Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) | 5 |
| 81 | #29- Maddie Alexander (Cassadaigua) | 4 |
| 82 | #07- Juracai Klianiota (Vilita and Turori) | 3 |
| 83 | #69- Hauptfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) | 2 |

Next Race: Race 36 (July 7/8)- Proving Grounds 500, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Superspeedway)
Last edited by Newmanistan on Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:40 am

Liangmei Li exuded confidence as she posed and preened for the cameras. She wasn't as neatly primped as usual because she had just finished a very intense racing duel with Kai Qiang and she had a slight case of "helmet hair" -- but she was still pretty. She answered interview questions with bland platitudes, but the bright smile on her face was genuine. She was really proud of picking up her 3rd win of the season and securing a spot to compete for the title at the season finale in Tundra Falls. It was a huge win, not just against the other drivers that she'd raced against in South Stead, but also a win against all the sexist pigs that thought racing was a man's sport, a win against all the sponsors that had passed her over for men or dumped her because she insulted some birds. She felt like she'd really taught them a lesson.

Battling Qiang down to the line -- the defending champion and her longtime rival -- just made it all the more satisfying. He'd gotten the TMW sponsorship that she wanted in NSSCRA 7 and one of the IRACT charters she wanted in NSSCRA 8, but now she had her revenge, and boy was it sweet. She tried not to gloat too hard, but she was really loving it, savoring every moment. Spraying him with champagne on the podium was about the most fun she'd ever had with her clothes on.

Li and Qiang had outpaced everyone who wasn't driving a TMW, but they were nearly evenly matched with each other. A pack of Kanyean and Valentian cars were fighting over 3rd place, but they weren't close enough to catch the two Sherpalanders. Li and Qiang both cussed up a storm on the radio as they duked it out, swapping paint here and there. Coming into the final lap, Li was trying to pass Qiang and he was trying to hold her off. They crossed the finish line side by side in a dramatic photo finish. The nose of Li's car was a little ahead of Qiang's, and that split second difference determined which of them would go on to compete for the title.

Qiang was... shellshocked. He was pissed off, but he didn't lose his temper as badly as he had done on some other occasions because he was still struggling to comprehend what had happened. He couldn't believe it. He had come into the Gryphon Supermarket 250 knowing that he could be knocked out of the final four if the race went badly, but he had never imagined it would happen like this. He punched a random wall nearly hard enough to break his own hand. Houzhi Chang grabbed him before he could do any further damage to himself or his surroundings. Qiang didn't want to talk to the press, he didn't feel like celebrating his 2nd place finish, and he didn't appreciate Li spraying champagne in his face. He just wanted to get the hell out of there as fast as possible so he could vent his frustration without embarrassing himself in front of an audience. "I was this close..." he said to an interviewer who cornered him before he managed to get away from the track, using the fingers of his uninjured hand to indicate that "this close" meant very close. He hoped nobody would ask why he was using the opposite hand from usual. "It pisses me off to be that close and not have a chance at another title. It's aggravating."

Qiang's crew took him to a bar and got him drunk in the hope that it would calm him down. They figured he was probably going to get drunk anyway, and it was better if they were there to keep an eye on him. Qiang's wives called and tried to cheer him up, and he went off to a quiet corner of the bar to take their call, but it only did so much. He was still pissed off. It was late when his crew helped him stumble back to his hotel room. In his room, Qiang watched Beihua's broadcast of the race, replaying the finish a couple of times so he could see it for himself. Li really had won, but it was still infuriating.

He dozed off in a drunken stupor. When he came to, he was still sitting with his back against the headboard of the bed, a TV remote in his hand. The dim light of early dawn was peeking through the window and the TV was quiet as the recording he was watching had ended. He set the remote aside and cleaned himself up. He had a hang over, but it wasn't that bad. It was a new day and there was still one more race ahead...
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

The Land of The Royals Produce Drama In Its Purest Form!

Postby TJUN-ia » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:07 am

ImageImage

This blog was written by Derrick Carlisle, Jaguar Racing's Social Media Manager

South Stead, Vangaziland. The Imperial Speedway. On this short track, the Gryphon Supermarket 250 would be run. When the race was over, we would know which four drivers would make up the Final 4 and have a chance of taking the NSSCRA crown. We knew that Stacie Houston and "The Shark" would be in it but the final 2 spots had to be decided today...and they certainly would.

Alfonso Mercado (@AM64) started in 17th while Michael Stefan (@00Stefan) was in 10th. They were a little bit tired after seeing the national Gridiron team lose 17-0 to Cassadiagua. The team didn't receive an answer to my suggestion that both JR and TC watch the game together but we watched it anyway. It was certainly fun, but we had a race to focus on. It was the traditional "rollercoaster" race that we are used to, but it would be Mercado who would be the faster of the 2. He finished in 12th with Stefan in 14th, the two separated by Frank Bronson. It was another good weekend for the team as the clock starts to tick down to the future. Once the chequered-flag waves in Tundra Falls, Harpa Gylfisdóttir will be the sole owner of this organisation. The deals with Tropicorp and Dart will also come into effect. The JR-01 must be retired next week and it will certainly be a celebration.

As for the Chase, no one could have seen the ending coming. While Thea Alvarez finished 3rd, it was the "Battle of the Sherpas" all race as Kai Qiang and Liangmei Li duelled for the right to be in the Final 4. They crossed the line together but it was judged by race officials that Li crossed the line first. She won by 3 thousandths of a second. With Jeremiah Brooke leading the overall standings, he went through as the best non-winner. The defending champion missed out on defending his crown by a nose. Pure sporting drama at the highest level and a perfect ending to the elimination process. Gwen Tracer Allison, Skip Stiller and Guillermo Archer joined Qiang in elimination however they all did well as access throughout the season and they deserve to be applauded for their efforts (Yes, even Gil. You've got to applaud talent when you see it.)

And so, the stage is set. Four drivers, four nations but only one winner. Jeremiah Brooke of Saint Kanye. Stacie Houston, now girlfriend to Brooke, of Cassadiagua. Liangmei Li of the The Sherpa Empire. And The Shark, River Suzgar, of Vilita and Turori. At the Proving Grounds 500 in Newmanistan, at that same circuit this season began at, one of these four must rise above the others and claim the crown of this series. All competitors will have 5000 points to their name, so the maths is simple - whoever finishes highest will be our champion. We will see you next week - where the past shall be remembered, the present realised and the future decided. BRING IT ON!
Standings Watch: Stefan - 18th (1044pts/1W), Mercado - 32nd (524pts)

Alfonso Mercado wanted to talk to his teammate, so Stefan decided they must do it over coffee. The race had run it's course hours ago and most of the teams were packing up ready to head to Tundra Falls for the season finale. They found a niche coffee shop in South Stead and it would be here where the conversation would pick up.

AM: You did some nice throwing yesterday. I'm actually surprised you could do that.
MS: Really? It's just gridiron, it's not like anything complicated.
AM: Yeah. I know. But still, quite impressive.
MS: Oh..thanks! You're trying to impress me, aren't you?
AM: How could you tell?
MS: Because you never really compliment me.

The two laughed to each other and then continued drinking. They were certainly getting closer after the whole "falling-for-your-teammate" stuff, but they weren't anywhere near Stacemiah levels yet. They reasoned that they should get along and know the other first before simply jumping into something long term, which made total sense.

AM: You remember that guy from IRACT that we met during that? Tenjin, was it?
MS: You're thinking of Tenzing.
AM: Ah yes, Tenzing! Sorry! Anyway, he met up with me after qualifying.
MS: Oh really? What for?
AM: Just for a little chat, you know? He's in the same boat as me and wanted to talk.
MS: So he's...gay?
AM: Yeah, I think so.
MS: Makes sense. I've seen what that community is like. It's like a brotherhood of sorts, ya know.
AM: You tell me! You won't believe the number of requests I've got from the Rainbow Jags to come and be at one of their show things!

The Rainbow Jags are a TJUN-ian media company that focuses on the LGBT+ community. They like to get famous people to come onto their platform and get them to talk about their experiences while identifying as gay, bi, lesbian, etc. Getting Alfonso Mercado, arguably the biggest LGBT+ celebrity in TJUN-ia at the moment, would be one of their biggest scoops, especially as Mercado hasn't had a sit-down interview with the TJUN-ian media since he was thrown out of the closet.

MS: Indeed
AM: Anyway, Tenzing is a nice chap. I don't really talk to other people outside of our team, so it was refreshing to actually speak to another person. But I fell as though there might be something else...
MS: What do you mean?
AM: I...think he might be interested in me.
MS: Woah...well, to be fair...that will happen a lot.
AM: I know, but...I feel like I would be cruel if I turned him down - if he wants a relationship, you know.
MS: That's understandable. But it's your decision in the end. I know we have this...agreement, but it's up to you what you want to do.
AM: Yeah, you're right! Don't worry, though. You're not going anywhere from me!
MS: Is that a challenge?

It certainly was. Stefan paid for the drinks and then proceeded to start walking back to the garages. Mercado followed in pursuit, first walking then speedwalking. Stefan stopped suddenly just as Mercado was catching up. He turned around and managed to "catch" Mercado before he could knock them both down.

"And I thought I was the one being chased?" Stefan teased. They laughed and then walked back to the garages, a bit closer than they were before in more ways than one...

Image HARPA GYLFISDÓTTIR
@IsfruinJR

The end is nigh. One more race before our debut season comes to a close. Let's end it right!

#NSSCRA : #JaguarRacing : #JungleFever : #YQué

Image MICHAEL STEFAN
@00Stefan

@AM64 One more duel for the season. Bring it on!

#NSSCRA : : #JungleFever : #YQué

Image ALFONSO MERCADO
@AM64
- - @00Stefan

Another one, eh? Well, let's see if your just as good duelling as you are at throwing a ball!

1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:43 am

Imperial Speedway, South Stead, Vangaziland
The Gryphon Supermarket 250

"White flag, buddy, you're in sixth, just keep it clean and you're in on points", NSSCRA spotter Raymond Goldfarb said on the radio to his driver Jeremiah Brooke.

"Copy that. bro", came the reply. "What's it looking up front?"

"Qiang and Li fighting for the win, just stay outta trouble now, you got this."

"Loud and clear."

A few seconds of silence, then Goldfarb spoke again.

"There it is, man. Checkered right in front of ya. Just bring it home. Bring it home...."

"Yeah, alright, here goes."

"Come on, come on.... YEAH! WE'RE IN!!!"

Brooke had just passed the start/finish line, weaving and finishing in between two Valentian cars. He shouted back to his spotter. "Thanks, man! Championship Four, baby! Did..... did I get them? The Valentians, I mean."

"Looks like you were ahead of Big Blue but a little behind Gwen. Tower says fifth. But still, great job!"

"I'll take it. Proving Grounds, here we come!"

Stacie Houston and River Suzgar, having won the other two races in the third round of the Chase, will compete with Brooke for the NSSCRA championship in the final race of the season next week. Liangmei Li, who narrowly won the Gryphon Supermarket 250, will be joining them. Kai Qiang, who was on the losing end of that photo finish, was one of those drivers eliminated, losing his shot at defending his title.

After the race, Brooke joined his Glorious Free Republic teammates in a press conference. He was asked about his thoughts on returning to the Championship Four after three seasons. The reply: "Of course I'm happy, but I can't go full on celebrating just yet. Making it to the Championship Four, that's only half the mission. The other half is outperforming the other three drivers next week. As always, me and my crew are gonna have to work hard to gain the edge. We've done so for thirty-five races, thirty-seven counting the Exhibition and Clash. What's one more?

One of the reporters noted that one of Brooke's opponents will be Houston, who he recently revealed is now his girlfriend. When asked how that would affect their race next week, he answered "That doesn't mean our rivalry will go away. It will still be the same on-track rivalry you're used to seeing. You know how couples sometimes play games or sports on a date? This is like that, but on a larger scale. We race, someone wins, someone loses, but end of the day, we'll still love each other. Though the one who lost would probably be subject to some teasing from the one who won."

Skip Stiller, also of GFR, was asked about being eliminated from the Chase, his twelfth place finish in the 250 not being enough to advance. He said, "Before this race, I was in a hole. A win would be an easy way out of that hole, pretty much the only option for someone like me. There's another option, having the others perform poorly while I perform well. That's way more improbable. I just don't see any of the remaining Chasers performing poorly, or else they wouldn't have ended up in the Round of Eight. Having only one win hurt me too, less bonus points compared to someone like Jeremiah or Qiang. This is why winning is important in this format. That's not a complaint by the way, I think it's good, even though I kinda fell victim to it."

Another question was whether Stiller would consider racing full-time for another season after missing the chance at a title. "No. That is final. I wanna focus on things back home now. I may not have won a title in this series, but you can't deny I had a hell of a time in it. GFR is a great organization with great drivers, crew and staff. It's an honor to have been part of it. To the friends, rivals and friendly rivals I've made in my four seasons as part of the NSSCRA, thank you", he said.

Thea Alvarez was congratulated on her podium finish (third), and then asked how she felt about the soon-to-be-ending season. "I've had my ups and downs. Good races, bad races. I was sad about being eliminated early, but thanks to some of the people around me, I realized I shouldn't have been hard on myself and felt like I failed. There's always a next season, and a next one, et cetera. I'm gonna have to learn from my mistakes and come back stronger every season. But for now, I'm gonna enjoy the last race of the season and hopefully see Skip end his career on a high note and Jeremiah bring glory to GFR and St. Kanye."

Once the reporters have left, Stiller turned to his two fellow GFR members. "Guys, I've been thinking. You know how every season ends in Tundra Falls?"

"What about it?" asked Alvarez.

"Well this season, Skip Stiller says no way. Week after next, you racers are gonna head to Kardashia."

"Okay?" said Brooke. "What do you mean?"

"Hapilopper has the Big Ass Bash. TJUN-ia has Jungle Fever. Valentine Z had that dinner thing we were unable to attend last season. What does St. Kanye have?"

Blank stares.

"My retirement party, of course! And you two are invited."

"Wow, dude. Thanks", was Brooke's reaction.

"Don't forget to bring your potato salad and Stacie. Thea, tell your gal pals. Then hopefully, the word is spread and we'll have lots of people there."

"But what about Gil and Qiang?" was Alvarez's question. Qiang was in a feud with Fleftic rookie Guillermo Archer, but none of the Yeezies have any issue with either of them. Stiller thought about this for a moment. He didn't want himself or his teammates to get on Qiang or Archer's bad side.

"They may go if they want. Hopefully they'll make up. But if they start to fight at my party, in my house, I'm gonna have to kick them both out."

"Seems fair", spoke Brooke, while Alvarez nodded in agreement.

"So anyway, Thea, you and I are gonna have a lot of planning to do. Maybe starting tonight", Stiller told Alvarez, which led to Brooke saying "What about me?"

"Not you, bro. Leave it to us. You've got a race to win."
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:29 am

"Gil, you must be absolutely disappointed in missing out on the final round of the Chase. Your pedigree as a winner in ARTS would suggest that you could have taken the fight to the likes of Jeremiah Brooke and Stacie Houston, but unfortunately you could not get a win in the previous round which cost you that ticket to the championship. Any comments on that?"

"First of all, let me offer my congratulations to Jeremiah and Stacie, as well as River Suzgar and Liangmei Li for making it to the final round of the Chase," Guillermo Archer said. "These drivers are all great drivers and if any of them were to win the NSSCRA title in Newmanistan they will have absolutely deserved it. As for the question itself... yes, I do admit I feel disappointed I couldn't have gone all the way. But if you had asked me that question at the start of the season, when we literally had no idea about the capabilities and limits of our cars, I would have asked to have some of what you were having." There was a short pause as the press laughed dutifully at Gil's joke.

"In all seriousness though, the mere fact that we even made it this far into the Chase is amazing," Gil said. "No one, and I mean absolutely no one, would have expected us to be here. Even we at UrGa weren't sure if we would actually be competitive throughout the whole season. But we got here anyway, through our sheer hard work and determination. And not just me, my fellow drivers are also deserving of praise for getting us all the way here. Yes, it's a shame that I wasn't able to make the final part of the Chase, but it was still a fun journey and I'm glad to be part of it."

Outwardly, Gil Archer did look a bit disappointed about not making the Chase. And truthfully, he was. It was the competitor in him wanting to go for (and win) every trophy that he could lay his hands on. But he was also telling the truth when he said that UrGa had taken its three drivers much farther than anyone, even the drivers themselves, had expected to go. When the season began all they were thinking about was that the team would be lucky if they were to get even just one podium for the entire 36-race calendar. But here they had a driver that had not just one but two race wins under his belt, and one of those races had been at one of the most famous circuits in the multiverse. But that was as far as they could go unfortunately, and when it came to the final stage neither Gil nor UrGa could find that all-important race win.

But inside, Gil was outright beaming. He couldn't reveal his cards just yet, but he was just about ready to jump for joy. He had done it. He had fucking done it. He had managed to get Kai Qiang knocked out of the Chase. His decision to mess with the defending NSSCRA champion had finally paid dividends. And the fact that it was Qiang's rival teammate Li who literally cost him a spot in the final stage just fed into Gil Archer's schadenfreude. All those little shunts and bumps, love taps and brake checks that didn't really affect either driver short term had finally paid off in the long run.

"Sorry, Kai, but you had this coming to you," Gil muttered to himself as he poured himself a drink in his motorhome. "Thank you for being the defending NSSCRA champion, but it's time for you to get out of the way so we can crown a new one."
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:14 pm

Starlight Suites Driver Knockout Bracket:

Next Vote:
(4) Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 52.1% def (1) Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 47.9%
(2) Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 63.4% def (6) Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 36.6%

Championship:
(2) Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) vs (4) Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)

Starlight Suites is offering these two new lovebirds a complimentary night stay* in any of their hotels in recognition of making it this far.

(ooc: The couple would likely not be interested as this is a budget brand, remember)
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

NSSCRA 9 - RdC9- NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Finale

Postby Vilita and Turori » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Chase Rd. 3 Race #3 Top Scores

1 [168] :: @Filly_Gurl27

2 [155] :: @ceeptrainer2

3 [154] :: @FujiKYK22

4 [144] :: @rubbers

5 [143] :: @MeghanWolcottOfficial

Season Event #35 Top Scores

1 [203] :: @Lovely_Lhamu

2 [181] :: @PinkHKluvs2718

3 [165] :: @I_Need_Healing

- [165] :: @ole_yutzie

5 [164] :: @FujiKYK22

Playoff Chase Challenge Standings

1  [495] :: @FujiKYK22

2* [491] :: @Filly_Gurl27

3* [488] :: @ceeptrainer2

4* [477] :: @PinkHKluvs2718

-------------------------------------------------
-  [477] :: @MeghanWolcottOfficial

6  [466] :: @rubbers

7  [358] :: @melvin_tha_gr8

8  [341] :: @eelcat827

NSSCRA Pick 'em Set for Championship Challenge Finale

When the Green Flag dropped for the Gryphon Supermarkets 250 NSSCRA race in South Stead, Vangaziland, six competitors were optimistic of securing one of the two remaining spots in the Vilita & Turori Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Challenge Championship Round. Just three, however, entered the day with a serious chance at both spots - either via posting the top score in the round or by accumulating the most points over the three-event penultimate round of the competition.

@FujiKYK22, @MeghanWolcottOfficial and @Filly_Gurl27. Due to heavy overlap in their rosters, the fates of the trio would be linked to the performances of just one or two drivers at the Imperial Speedway. For @MeghanWolcottOfficial and @FujiKYK22, that driver would be River 'Shark' Suzgar II. For @Filly_Gurl27 it would be Jeremiah Brooke. Jessica Reynolds, who uses the twii.tur handle @Filly_Gurl27, was on the outside looking in coming into the final round. She was 10 further points in deficit to the duo ahead of her and knew her most likely path through to the final would be posting the top score of the race and securing an automatic spot to the final. Reynolds did have one advantage however. While all three participants shared Stacie Houston and Liangmei Li on their roster, neither of Reynolds two remaining roster slots were filled with a driver that had already advanced to the Championship. Jeremiah Brooke and Guillermo Archer, Reynolds other two selections for Round 3, were both fighting for their playoff lives. They needed a good performance in South Stead just as much as Reynolds did.

For the most part, the drivers who needed to fight for their spot in the Championship Four were the drivers that settled the race at the front of the pack. As the final laps of the Gryphon Supermarket 250 played out, the battle for the victory would be between two Sherpa drivers who knew that one of them would win the race and advance to the Championship 4 and the other would finish second and get eliminated. Or, they could wreck each other out and both get eliminated. Close behind was a battle inside the Top 5 between Gwen Tracer Allison and Jeremiah Brooke. Both were looking to advance through on points but Brooke had the upper hand in the battle and the rest of the contenders were hoping for late problems to haunt the Glorious Free Republic driver. Also inside the top 10 was Gil Archer, the rookie driver just trying to hang on to the coat tails of the drivers in front of them, watching the dream slip away but at the same time drinking from the fire hose of experience that they could leverage in seasons to come.

With five laps to go in Vangaziland, just two of the eight chase drivers were not placed inside the Top 10. Skip Stiller, the Saint Kanye veteran who's storybook title charge appeared to be coming to an end, and 'The Shark'. While Suzgar has had their fair share of strong Short Track finishes and even earned Pole Position for the Gryphon Super Markets 250 during NSSCRA Season 8, they were still winless all time on tracks less than a mile in length. They also didn't need the result as they were already locked into the Proving Grounds 500 Championship weekend. Suzgar would be the lowest finishing of the three full time Vilita & Turori Motorsports rides, besting only Jama'obo Pegasii in the Vilita & Turori Motorsports Research & Development entry which struggled to a 32nd place showing.

Suzgar's lowly mid-pack positioning spelled trouble for @MeghanWolcottOfficial and @FujiKYK22. The 20 points difference between Suzgar's running position and that of Jeremiah Brooke meant that as things stood, @Filly_Gurl27 had broken back into the fight and could steal a spot from one of the duo even if she didn not post the top performance score of the round. With five laps left, the live standings showed Reynolds just 2 points behind @FujiKYK22 and 15 points clear of @MeghanWolcottOfficial whose push to become the first Celebrity Participant in the V&T Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Challenge Championship Round seemed to be coming up short due to poor performances from Suzgar and Skip Stiller, Wolcott's other rostered driver.

As Liangmei Li and Kai Qiang battled door to door for the victory on the final lap at the Imperial Speedway, the finish would decide more than just the final spot in the NSSCRA Chase Playoff Field. Per the live scoring for the V&T Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Challenge, it would also play a major role in filling out the field for the Pick 'em Championship Four. While Jessica Reynolds roster had outperformed her primary rivals for the final two slots, she had yet to clear the performance of an already-locked in competitor, @ceeptrainer2. The Tropicorp entrant had zigged where Reynold had zagged with @ceeptrainer2 having #44 Kai Qiang on their roster opposed to Reynolds selection of #89 Liangmei Li. Whichever driver won would also push the other to second causing a swing of up to 10 points on the days results. With the drivers door to door off turn four the potential energy of the reaction video from Reynolds ratcheted up and as Liangmei Li was declared the winner, the 'Dagan participant knew she had done enough.

With other last lap position shuffling, @Filly_Gurl27 came out of Vangaziland with a score of 168, thirteen points better than @ceeptrainer2 to secure the top performance of the round and the guaranteed spot in the championship round. However, the lofty goal set by the Cassadaigua trio of having all of their competitors through to the final round finally came to an end as a tough day at the track for Skip Stiller would see Meghan Wolcott's Celebrity Entry fall short of the points required to advance. Wolcott would finish level 4th on points for the round in a tie with @PinkHKluvs2718 but Hannah Kennedy would advance by virtue of her top performance showing earlier in the round leaving @MeghanWolcottOfficial on the outside looking in for the finale.

Image VILITA & TURORI RACER
@VTRacer

Congratulations to the NSSCRA Pick 'em Championship Challengers! Good luck to @FujiKYK22, @Filly_Gurl27, @ceeptrainer2 and @PinkHKluvs2718 in the deciding round!

#NSSCRA : #nspickem : #ProvingGrounds500

With the Final Four competitors known for the championship battle, there was just one thing left to settle. Who would be crowned the first ever Vilita & Turori Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Champion. While each competitor had to carefully select and navigate their roster to make the Playoff Chase, each also started with one driver assigned to them based on their relative position in standings at the end of the NSSCRA Pick 'em Regular Season compared with that of the NSSCRA Regular Season standings.

For the Championship Round, each participants roster would be reduced to just a single driver that must be among the NSSCRA Championship 4. For each V&T Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Challenge Championship Contender, if their originally assigned driver is still on their roster entering the Championship Challenge Round then that driver will be locked onto their roster as that contestants sole selection for the Championship Round. If a participant's initially assigned driver has been eliminated from the NSSCRA Chase then they will be assigned a new driver for the Championship Challenge Round through the following priority order:

1) Participants whose initially assigned driver is still eligible will be assigned that driver for the Championship Challenge
2) Participants whose initially assigned driver was eliminated in an earlier round but who replaced that driver slot with a driver who A) is still eligible and B) has not already been assigned through 1) will be assigned that driver for the Championship Challenge
3) Participants whose assigned driver has been eliminated from eligibility will be assigned a Championship Challenge roster as follows:
--- In order of current position in the NSSCRA Pick 'em Full Season Standings with preference to highest position
--- Highest finishing driver available based on NSSCRA Chase Round 3 standings who has not already been assigned per 1 & 2.

Three of the four V&T Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Championship Challenge contestants had successfully ridden their assigned driver through to the final round. Jessica Reynolds (@Filly_Gurl27) had earned a pairing with #27 Stacie Houston due to the Cassadaigua driver's accomplishment as NSSCRA Regular Season champion and will ride her pairing through to the Championship Round. Reynolds fellow Dagan, Hannah Kennedy (@PinkHKluvs2718) who has since overtaken Reynolds in the NSSCRA Full Season standings, has been paired with #18 Jeremiah Brooke and as the Saint Kanye driver was able to sneak into the NSSCRA championship four by virtue of points, Kennedy will once again be paired with Brooke for the Championship round. Tropicorp's @ceeptrainer2 and Kyoko Fujisaki (@FujiKYK22) of Filindostan who both advanced to the Championship 4 would see their roster greatly effected by the outcome of the last lap battle at the Imperial Speedway. For Fujisaki, who was assigned Liangmei Li at the start of the NSSCRA Playoff Chase Challenge, the result not only ensure @FujiKYK22 would be among the Championship Contestants but also that it would be the Sherpalander on Fujisaki's Roster for the final. That left one NSSCRA Championship 4 driver and one V&T Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Championship Challenge contestant without a pairing.

River 'Shark' Suzgar II, making their third Championship 4 appearance in four NSSCRA campaigns, was the V&T Racer Playoff Chase Challenge assignment for Vilita & Turori based competitor @Ametza014 who was eliminated at the conclusion of the Round of 12. @ceeptrainer2 from Tropicorp was the lone remaining contestant who didn't survive with their assigned driver. The Tropicoaster had ridden the performances of defending NSSCRA champion Kai Qiang up until Qiang fell just inches short of the Championship 4 in a last lap shootout with fellow Sherpalander Liangmei Li in Vangaziland. It left @ceeptrainer2 as a picker without a driver and Suzgar as the lone driver available for assignment among the Championship 4. While Vilita & Turori Racer had laid out a descriptive process outlining how assignments for Championship Challenge rosters would operate, in the end, there could be nothing simpler to process than one available driver, one available roster. As a result, a new partnership would be formed as @ceeptrainer2 would be paired up with Suzgar for the Finale.

The rules for the V&T Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Chase Championship Challenge were just as straight forward as in the real deal. Four competitors, one driver each. Which ever driver finishes higher in the NSSCRA Proving Grounds 500 and wins the NSSCRA Season 9 Championship will in turn win the Championship for their V&T Racer paired contestant. While the Cassadaiguan entrants have had the upper hand all season long, their odds have been reduced to just 50% to win the Championship Challenge due to the elimination of Meghan Wolcott. Filindostan's Kyoko Fujisaki has been just one step behind the 'Dagan trio all season long as demonstrated by their Top 5 position in the season-long Pick 'em Standings and will look to upset the apple cart while the long shot contestant @ceeptrainer2 who has advanced to the final through a series of strategically timed individual top performances will look to sneak out one last upset victory as the Vilita & Turori NSSCRA Pick 'em Season Concludes in Newmanistan.

Image Image Image Image

While all the focus is on the exciting conclusion to Pick 'ems Championship Challenge, there are still a number of interesting battles among the season long standings from top to bottom. While @PinkHKluvs2718 has built a commanding lead at the top of the table since the retirement of the Jebslunder Motorwerken team from competition, four competitors are within 65 points of each other in battle for the 4th spot in the standings. Other tight battles exist to get into the Top 10 and the Top 15 while @DSteveFan81 and @BodilePHD enter the final round separated by just 4 points in the battle for "Best of Hapilopper". With only one race remaining in the season, the highest performing contestant over the course of the full season from the Top 10 nations represented in the V&T Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Competition is listed as follows:
1st - CASSADAIGUA       (@PinkHKluvs2718 -  1st)
2nd - VILITA & TURORI (@SurfinSummer - 4th)
3rd - FILINDOSTAN (@FujiKYK22 - 5th)
4th - THE SHERPA EMPIRE (@Lovely_Lhamu - 8th)
5th - SAINT KANYE (@melvin_the_gr8 - 9th)
6th - HAPILOPPER (@DSteveFan81 - 12th)
7th - TROPICORP (@rubbers - 14th)
8th - VALENTINE Z (@I_Need_Healing - 28th)
9th - BANIJA (@KaramyDaramy2 - 31st)
10th- JEBSLUND (@DerpolthePole - 34th)

1 [5554] :: @PinkHKluvs2718

2 [5340] :: @Filly_Gurl27

3 [5197] :: @MeghanWolcottOfficial

4 [5042] :: @SurfinSummer

5 [5003] :: @FujiKYK22

6 [4989] :: @Ametza014

7 [4973] :: @eelcat827

8 [4791] :: @Lovely_Lhamu

9 [4767] :: @melvin_tha_gr8

10 [4762] :: @easternrac

11 [4733] :: @jaqeplanst

12 [4618] :: @DSteveFan81

13 [4614] :: @BodillePHD

14 [4543] :: @rubbers

14 [4543] :: @NuclearBreeze

16 [4518] :: @RustyIbuna71

16 [4518] :: @ole_yutzie

18 [4509] :: @ceeptrainer2

19 [4460] :: @Cocoabo_luvr

20 [4433] :: @Pogoaib92

Overall Vilita & Turori Racer has found the NSSCRA Pick 'em campaign to be a great success and hopes to grow on it for seasons to come. Each of the four Championship Challenge contestants will be earning great prize packages from Vilita & Turori Racer including all expenses paid behind-the scenes admission to the Vilaye Clash All-Star Exhibition during NSSCRA Season 10 where the Championship Challenge winner will be offered the opportunity to waive the green flag. Vilita & Turori Racer's coverage of River 'Shark' Suzgar II's quest to become the first two-time NSSCRA Champion of the modern era begins with Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Qualifying Day from the Proving Grounds.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:01 pm

Qualifying: Proving Grounds 500 @ Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan
Lap Record: 56.342

Qualifying Results:
1 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)                             56.653
2 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 56.694
3 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 56.700
4 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 56.719
5 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 56.735
6 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 56.736
7 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 56.754
8 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 56.763
9 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 56.817
10 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 56.821
11 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 56.881
12 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 56.918
13 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 56.919
14 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 56.951
15 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 56.970
16 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 57.014
17 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 57.028
18 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 57.074
19 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 57.151
20 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 57.163
21 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 57.248
22 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 57.253
23 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 57.460
24 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 57.655
25 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 57.657
26 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 57.716
27 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 57.803
28 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 57.863
29 #59- Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) 57.894
30 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 57.986
31 #42- Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 58.003
32 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 58.113
33 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 58.153
34 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 58.249
35 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 58.257
36 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 58.267
37 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 58.288
38 #83- Fiona Sunarya (Filindostan) *Q* 58.311
39 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 58.345
40 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 58.491
41 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 58.608
42 #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) 58.951
43 #57- Gordon Orton (Appalachian Nation) *Q* 58.961
44 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 58.972
45 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 59.096
46 #25- Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) *Q* 59.170
47 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) *Q* 59.205
48 #55- Rosalie Presseault-Espinoza (Terre Septentrionale) *Q* 59.237
49 #75- Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) *Q* 59.262

50 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 59.263
51 #53- Teija Kuusela (The Albali Republic) *Q* 59.346
52 #32- Waltteri Lehto (The Albali Republic) *Q* 59.436
53 #04- Félix-Antoine Constantineau (Terre Septentrionale) *Q* 59.493
54 #50- Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) *Q* 59.599
Last edited by Newmanistan on Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:42 pm

ImageKRISTEN SCHIMP-HIGGS
@Kristen01SH

Wow @ItsGilArcher69 surprisingly polite in that post race interview. Is he a changed man now?

#GryphonSupermarket250 : #NSSCRA

ImageKRISTEN SCHIMP-HIGGS
@Kristen01SH

My Fleftic side is kinda upset @ItsGilArcher69 lost, but my Yeezie side will be cheering for @Jeremiah_B all the way!

#BrookeFTW : #YeeziePride : #ProvingGrounds500 : #NSSCRA

ImageMELVIN BRANIGAN 100
@melvin_tha_gr8

can't Starlight just make @Jeremiah_B and @StacieHouston27 BOTH most pop.driver? I mean every1 knows they a package deal

#Stacemiah : #StarlightDriverKnockoutBracket : #NSSCRA

ImageVYLET
@Vylet

ATTENTION, RACE FANS! To celebrate @Jeremiah_B entering the NSSCRA Championship Four, we're gonna lower internet bills for 180 customers! Visit vylet.stk for details.

Promoted by Vylet

#NSSCRA : #BrookeFTW : #SwitchToVylet

(The details: St. Kanye and New Northwesteros customers only, chosen at random. 25% for fourth place, 50% for third, 75% for second and 100% for champion. Discount lasts for the entire offseason.)

ImageGLORIOUS FREE REPUBLIC MOTORSPORTS
@GFRMotorsports

Good luck to @Jeremiah_B on the championship race and @SkipStill3r on his final race! All three GFR cars displaying a message for the outgoing veteran on their cars at Tundra Falls.

#BrookeFTW : #ThankYouSkip : #AlvarezArmy : #ProvingGrounds500 : #NSSCRA

18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:57 am

Kai Qiang had calmed down a lot by the time he arrived in Tundra Falls for the season finale. Once the adrenaline subsided and he recovered from the effects of his drinking binge, things didn't look so bad. Yes, someone else was going to win the championship this year, and yes, Li would be an insufferable snot if it was her -- but Qiang still had a family and a cozy home waiting for him in Guilin when the season ended. He still had all the money he needed. And he still had more years of racing to look forward to after this one. He'd gotten a later start to his career than some drivers, but he wasn't over the hill like Dinggu Wang.

With nothing at stake, Qiang could just enjoy the atmosphere at the Proving Grounds and have fun on the track. He remembered how impressed he had been the first time he raced here. He had been in awe of the huge crowds and the magnificent construction of the track and the attached stadia. After 4 seasons of NSSCRA he was used to big crowds and top-notch facilities, but racing at the Proving Grounds was still special because it was the first place he had ever raced internationally and it still conjured up good memories of that first time.

If people tried to ask him about getting eliminated from the championship, he said he wouldn't talk about it -- but he had no problem signing autographs, posing for selfies, or talking about anything else. Racing on a familiar track with nothing at stake meant he didn't need to spend as much time practicing on the simulator or tinkering in the garage, so he had more time to see the sights and interact with fans. He also had a nice dinner with the Valentians.

For Liangmei Li, the pressure was still on. She was fresh off a win in South Stead and she'd been fast in qualifying at the Proving Grounds, but she couldn't let her guard down yet. She had a realistic shot at the championship, but she still needed one more good race. If it went badly, she would be back to square one.

Li would be starting in 3rd with her sights set on Jeremiah Brooke, who was starting ahead of her on the pole. Having Qiang beside her in 4th was going to be awkward, but hopefully she could get away from him before he gave her too much trouble. Qiang didn't like picking fights as much as Li or Archer did, but she was still uneasy. He didn't have much to lose by knocking her around, and there was a lot of history between them. It would be horrifying if her feud with Qiang came back to bite her in the ass now when an NSSCRA championship was on the line.

In her nervousness, Li found herself wondering if she should have chosen her battles more carefully. She didn't really need to provoke Qiang as much as she had, and there was also her feud with Cocoabo #28... If she hadn't picked a fight with the cocoabo, she could have kept her sponsorship from Xianglian. Li had already made her plans for next season, she would be returning to NSSCRA, and she would not be relying on Xianglian -- but she was having a moment of doubt about whether she'd made the right decision.

Li told herself she was just second-guessing herself because she was under so much pressure. She told herself she had nothing to regret. She just needed to focus on the task at hand, to win this race, and then everything would be just fine.
Last edited by The Sherpa Empire on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

TJUN-ia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

The Season Finale - Qualifying Day

Postby TJUN-ia » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:55 am

ImageImage

The Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan. It was from this circuit that Season 9 of NSSCRA began, where Jaguar Racing began. Over the past 35 races, we have bared witness to the highs and the lows of this sport and of this series. We started with one in, one out and now both of them have achieved something. The first guy has a win, the second a charter. But we also have seen racers like ourselves leaving this series through no fault of their own - the teams from Ceroat, Islas Aaland, Esmerel, Jebslund and Bolgano leaving too soon. This series has given us drama, even including ourselves.

But now we return to where we began, to these Proving Grounds, to finish what we started many months ago. As the current head of the NSSCRA, Newmanistan has the honour of both starting and completing this season and this weekend is perfect for such an occasion. Tens of thousands of racing fans across the multiverse will descend on this circuit as the Proving Grounds 500 decides who everyone will be striving to become over the offseason - the Champion of this series.

Jaguar Racing has no one in the Championship 4, but that doesn't mean we can't have a bit of fun and enjoy some racing action. As part of the new initiative to be more "outward" on the grid, our 2 drivers and both pit crews decided to do some jogging before qualifying. It may have seemed strange to most of the grid, but we tried our best to say hi to as many people as we can. We will try our best to be more friendly to the rest of the grid next season but for now, we move on. Michael Stefan (@00Stefan) will start in 19th tomorrow for his final race as the #00, with Alfonso Mercado (@AM64) in 26th.

As for the open-charters, local Ashley Matthews will start in 29th while the other spot was given to the Euroli Islander, racing for Tropicorp, who will start in 31st. We have 3 racers that we know that will not take part next season: Skip Stiller starts in 5th, Meghan Sharp in 18th and Kevin Cosgrove will start at the back of the pack in 46th. I have heard the Skip is planning a retirement party for next week at his house in Saint Kanye. Well, Skip, consider this our RSVP.

As for the Chase, Jeremiah Brooke will start his title challenge on pole alongside Valentina Freya Yadana Aye. Liangmei Li will be directly behind him in 3rd, with Stacie Houston in 8th and the Shark of River Suzgar in 10th. All four will have a shot at this title, but only one can win it all. We will see you...tomorrow afternoon!
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:14 am

Like many other little boys, Jeremiah Brooke loved cars. He played with cars, drew cars, watched cars on TV. At age five, his father gave him a diecast stock car. Yellow with black stripes, #99, Max Gannon. Brooke brought this toy everywhere he went, from school, to the playground, to his relatives on the other side of St. Kanye. He played with it so much until it finally fell apart. Brooke cried himself to sleep that night, and gave the car a burial in their yard.

At age nine, Brooke went to an arcade for a classmate's birthday. Naturally, he would fall in love with the racing games there, the ones with an actual seat and steering wheel. He started coming back to that arcade every Saturday, saving up his allowance, and eventually drove himself to the top of the leaderboards. His tenth birthday gift turned out to be a racing game, for the computer this time.

At age thirteen, Brooke got into go-kart racing. At first he struggled, having only driven virtual cars before, but due to his enthusiasm and desire to improve, he learned the ropes pretty quickly. He started winning more and more, and at age fourteen, he was the champion of the local kart facility. At seventeen, he moved on to late models, and at twenty, to KYLE, the Kanyean lower stock car series. After winning three in a row in just his sixth to eighth starts, his crew chief at that time told him, "That was amazing. You know, you have great potential. Soon you'll be a world-class racer."

And now he was.

Brooke was walking around the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds racetrack in Newmanistan, where hours later, he'll be one of four drivers aiming to win the championship in the ninth season of the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association. He had been working hard (as he usually does) for the past few days, practicing on the simulators and on track, with different adjustments based on the data collected by his crew, as well as his own input. He took this early stroll as a way of relaxing, as well as getting a feel for the track. His teammate, Thea Alvarez, suggested asking the spirits of Tundra Falls for their favor, as well. Wouldn't hurt to try that, he figured.

Skip Stiller sat in the Glorious Free Republic Motorsports garage area, drinking his morning coffee. He can't believe that this was going to be his final NSSCRA race. The first one, conveniently also at the Proving Grounds, seemed like yesterday. In four seasons of competition Stiller had experienced a lot, both good and bad, met people (and other creatures) he never thought he would, visited new places, improved his skills. It was fun, but he wanted to return to St. Kanye, have more family time, and run his racing school.

There are at least two other drivers who won't be returning for next season: Cassadagan Meghan Sharpe, who entered the series alongside Stiller, and Hampton Islander Kevin Cosgrove. The Yeezie veteran decided to invite his two fellow outgoing drivers for dinner after the race (no bets, just a small gathering). After sending the text, he finished his coffee, stood up, and went outside. Gotta see the sights around the track before he races in it for one last time.

Alvarez didn't have anything going for her this race weekend - she wasn't racing for a title, or about to retire. But she, too, went for a walk. She wanted herself some good vibes from the spirits. And she thought she'd get herself some exercise to burn off the whole bag of cookies she had at the hotel the day before.

The other GFR members - R&D driver Sage Caldwell and prospects Daryl Calhoun and Ricky Lee - are already on their way to Newmanistan. Initially, they were all supposed to enter if there had been an open charter battle in the season finale like there was last season. But since that didn't happen, they'll just be going to watch the race and cheer for their teammates. While Caldwell and Calhoun would be staying with the main trio until they fly back home, Lee would only be staying for a day, as he had another ticket purchased, to North China, for the Beiyang racing team auditions.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Post 42 - Race 35.

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:33 am

The Valentians – Gryphon Supermarket 250, Imperial Speedway, South Stead, Vangaziland (Short Track)

Segment 0: Clarissa: 03 // Valentina: 15 // Gwen: 43
Segment 1: Clarissa: 12 // Valentina: 03 // Gwen: 11
Segment 2: Clarissa: 21 // Valentina: 20 // Gwen: 04
Segment 3: Clarissa: 02 // Valentina: 17 // Gwen: 25
Segment 4: Clarissa: 16 // Valentina: 19 // Gwen: 03
Segment 5: Clarissa: 02 // Valentina: 09 // Gwen: 15
Segment 6: Clarissa: 06 // Valentina: 11 // Gwen: 04

The second final race, and the Valentians have shown their might and determination when it comes to friendly competition. Valentina fell a little behind at 11th, which is still commendable by all measures, but she could not catch up to two of her friends – Clarissa and Gwen.

The two were going head-to-head with each other and yet, there was no indication that they were fighting along the way, since there was none. They were simply having a chatter on the radio, cutting it short to keep the airwaves clean and to ensure that they get all the information they can get.

“Clarissa and Gwen, you got company behind you,” Jared announced. That could mean one thing. Is Gil coming towards them yet again? Was there a crash behind that they have to watch out for? The vehicle problem?

It was simply Jeremiah Brooke, from Saint Kanye. Both Valentians let out a sigh of relief, knowing Brooke as their friend and all. Gwen was still ahead of both Brooke and Clarissa, so she was more or less in the safe zone. As for Clarissa, however, tragedy would struck them once again as the two of them proved to be too wide for the course. It was neither Clarissa nor Brooke’s fault, since they were not actively hurting each other in the first place. Rather, the narrow course, along with the high density of cars, caused a spinout and a crash, resulting in 10 injured, perhaps even a few dead. The radio signals were going erratic with the mix of shouting and screaming, with a few crew chiefs yelling about how they will need to send a letter to their families.

Gwen was getting increasingly distraught. She has sworn herself never to use her time powers to cheat in a race, but this seems rather profound as of now. People were potentially dying on the course, and there were multiple stack-ups and crashes happening. She simply could not let that happen, she thought to herself, not especially when Clarissa and a friend like Brooke was involved in it.

“Damn these stupid short courses!” she cussed, as she pressed onto the device strapped onto her chest.

-Gwen was still ahead of both Brooke and Clarissa, so she was more or less in the safe zone. As for Clarissa, however, tragedy simply cannot strike. Knowing what happened on this particular lap, Gwen radioed in on Clarissa.

“Clarrie, you have to let Brooke get ahead of you, or try to push yourself apart from him.”

“Hmm, why so, Gwen?” Clarissa asked back, confused.

“Trust me.”

With that trust on the android’s mind, Clarissa simply slowed down by 10 km/h, giving Brooke a subtle but easy pass. She considered going for the more aggressive technique in order to accelerate as much as she can to overtake and distance away from him, but Clarissa thought that it would be rather unwise to be aggressive in a short course such as this.

“Well, I don’t want to end up as a dirty driver!” Clarissa exclaimed a little, thanking Gwen along the way genuinely, “Thank you, my little friend! So… you have seen it?”

“Yeah, it happened. I err… let us just say that it did not go so well, all right? I will tell you more later.”

Fearing that the radios would pick up on her time-manipulation powers, Gwen decided to keep her mouth shut and concentrated on the race for the rest of the session. She felt that it was still wrong to temper with a race in this manner, but at the same time, Fate can be better, and she did just that by making sure that people live, and to not die, from that one single incident.

After the race, Gwen silently walked out of the stadium and disappeared for a brief moment. She needed to erase that world where the accident happened. Even though she reversed time to prevent the deaths, there was still a universe out there where it happened. And Gwen intend to erase them.

“I need to do something about these parallel universes,” she thought to herself, erasing around a good 400e+33 universes where the crash happened, along with many, many following possibilities and outcomes that comes out of it. It was simply surprising that the universes split up into these many possibilities even after an hour.

A change in Fate, by Fate herself... can be a very fragile and touchy subject.

Going back to the world of racing, Gwen soon learned that the points, as useful as they can be, does not exactly determine who is going for the title of Championship.

“Well, since you did not win the races in these bracket,” Jared continued to explain the situation, “It’s unfortunate that you did not make it in, Gwen.”

“But then again, I was fifth anyway, haha! I was more confused on why Kai Qiang did not get in.”

“Ahh, exactly that. He did not place 1st in any of these previous races so far. Very, very unfortunate for him. He was 4th overall in the number of points alone.”

“Well, that’s a bummer for him. Do you think we could cheer him up later with a drink, or two?”

“You are free to try, haha! Hey, maybe invite him over to us, if you can. We will throw a small dinner party for him in the lounge for the next race.”

In the meantime, Valentina would be staring at her car, along with Jolyn and Gwen walking and coming in from a distance. The latter two were talking about the things that have happened today, with the other knowing.

“So… Gwen,” Jolyn trailed off.

“Yeah, I know. I tried not to, but I cannot just wait and see for it to happen.”

“Oh nah, I am not here to reprimand. I mean, I do know what happened, but… you know, thanks for doing what you did. It might be playing Goddess, but you did what you think it’s right.”

“I am hoping that I don’t have to do the same thing again tomorrow,” Gwen trailed off in her own thoughts, recalling what happened.

“Which brings us to-“

“Yes, Valentina.”

The trio started off a conversation, with Valentina citing her fears of what happened.

“Do you think… do you think #15 might be associated with crashing on the last race?”

“Nah, don’t think of that way, haha,” Jolyn replied confidently, “It was just yet another DNF – I mean, one that killed me, but hey, I am sure nothing will happen to you.”

“Ohh, I sure hope so! I don’t want to go around with people knowing that I messed up!”

“Trust me, everything will be fine,” Gwen added in, reassuring her friend who was nervous, her first time in the finals, “I mean, we already drove on this road before, right? It will be easy-peacey!”

The Valentians – Proving Grounds 500, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Superspeedway) – Qualifications

The next day would see the Valentians pack up their belongings and move to the next area – the final course for the season. The last race. The Ultimate, they thought to themselves.

Clarissa placed 9th, Valentina placed 2nd, and Gwen placed 14th.

“What could possibly go- Okayyyy, I should not say that!” Clarissa stopped herself, knowing Murphy’s Law.

In the meantime, Jolyn headed off to Kai Qiang’s lounge, ringing a doorbell (assuming that he is in there after the qualifications) to ask them out for dinner. Jolyn spoke in Traditional Chinese.

“Hello there, my Sherpa friends! So err… I have heard of what happened for the Championship bracket. I am sorry to hear about that, and the Valentians would like to congratulate you still for getting this far. What do you say, after this race, your team come to our lounge for dinner? It won’t be as grand as last time, and I don’t think we can invite everyone else, but hey, this is to help lighten your mood a little!”
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

NSSCRA 9 - River 'Shark' Suzgar II Championship Impact

Postby Vilita and Turori » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:37 pm

ImageImageImageImage

Suzgar sparks big returns to Sponsors as Championship Finale looms

Proving Grounds 500, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Tundra Falls, Newmanistan :: Vilita & Turori Motorsports driver River 'Shark' Suzgar II has arrived in Newmanistan with a brand new paint scheme as they will contend for the NSSCRA Season 9 Championship against three of the top drivers in the NSSCRA, Liangmei Li, Jeremiah Brooke and NSSCRA Season 7 Champion Stacie Houston. Suzgar and the #14 Vilita and Turori Motorsports teams pulled a surprise out of their hats when they unloaded the #14 Hybrid Dart featuring each of Suzgar's 3 major sponsors, Vilaye Energy Drink, Toys '4' All and the Vilitan Tourism Bureau as well as associate sponsors The Dart Group and Tiones Lumber. The special scheme for the Proving Grounds 500 also includes a larger-than-life version of Suzgar's own "Shark" branding on the side as the Vilitan driver looks to take inspiration from their nick name to take the Sharkmobile to the front of the field. Despite strong finishes including Runner-Up finishes, no current or former Vilita & Turori Motorsports driver has ever won a points-paying race in Newmanistan and they will be looking to change that with 'The Shark' as their leader in the Championship Finale.

While River 'Shark' Suzgar II goes on the hunt for the NSSCRA Season 9 championship, Centur Tiones and Yraaga Gilli'i will be looking to cement their place on Vilita & Turori Motorsports Season 10 rosters with a victory in the season finale. It has been a roller-coaster campaign for the two drivers and their potential futures at the team with the rumor mill rampant that Gilli'i was set to be replaced as early as the end of the regular season in the #41 after having not won a race in the opening 24 events of the regular season. The rumors would have seen Gilli'i switch over to replace Anavelli Ariiki at Team Tropicorp. As for who would replace Gilli'i in the #41, some rumors suggested it could be Rockii Ezis, former Vilita & Turori Motorsports driver Rockii Ezis who had been turning heads for Rocket Motorsports at the time. While Gilli'i was struggling to win races to secure their spot in the Top 16, Ezis posted a string of three straight Top 10 finishes and had a pair of third place results in Terre Septentrionale and, importantly, in front of all the Tropicorp Officials in Tropicoast at the Tropicorp 500 where Gilli'i had finished a lowly 23rd. Instead, however, Gilli'i would win two races in quick succession to not only qualify for the NSSCRA Chase but advance directly to the Round of 12 as well, silencing all discussion of a driver swap. For Tiones, who seemed to have cemented their place as the teams #2 driver in more ways than one after placing 3rd in the Regular Season standings, the best performance ever by a Vilita and Turori Motorsports driver, quickly saw the tables turned after being eliminated from the NSSCRA Chase in the very first round - ultimately a step backwards from their performance during NSSCRA Season 8. Just like that, an incredibly consistent campaign - one of the best Regular Seasons ever for a Vilita and Turori Motorsports driver were forgotten and replaced by a narrative of a driver eliminated in the first round of the Chase who hadn't won a race since Round 8 of the season in the Appalachian Nation. For now, however, all of that has been cast aside. While Ezis will remain motivated to claim a first career victory in front of his teams home supporters and Gilli'i and Tiones will be looking to add another victory notch to their belts to solidify their season, it all pales in comparison to what is on the line for Suzgar who is just 500 miles away from becoming the most accomplished driver in Vilita & Turori motorsports history.

Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award Winners - NSSCRA 9

1:: (4) - #27 Stacie Houston
2:: (3) - #2 Centur Tiones
-:: (3) - #8 Frank Bronson
-:: (3) - #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II
-:: (3) - #18 Jeremiah Brooke
-:: (3) - #46 Thea Alvarez
7:: (2) - #7 Clarissa Alanis Star
-:: (2) - #15 Valentina Freya Yadana Aye
-:: (2) - #41 Yraaga Gilli'i
10: (1) - Multiple Drivers
Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Qualifying Day for the Proving Grounds 500 in Tundra Falls ended up being doubly successful for Glorious Free Republic Motorsports Championship Four eligible driver Jeremiah Brooke who posted the fastest time in the #18 Hyde Medical Group Chadwick to collect their third Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award of the season. Additionally, by virtue of the Pole not having been won by either Frank Bronson, Centur Tiones, River 'Shark' Suzgar II or Thea Alvarez, Brooke's 'significant other' Stacie Houston secured the Vilisorma Beverage Company Pole Award for NSSCRA Season 9 having earned 4 Vilaye Energy Drink pole awards during the course of the campaign, the most of any individual driver. Stacie Houston's 4 Pole Season de-throned Vilaye's own sponsored machine of Suzgar who had earned top Pole honors during NSSCRA Season 8, also with four pole positions earned.

Over the 36 race season there were 19 unique winners of the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award with five drivers level with three pole awards each following Houston's four. Despite the campaign being the longest in NSSCRA history there were no races that would see the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award winner go on to win the race for which they had started in Pole Position, The best performances for a Pole Winner on the season were runner-up finishes which happened on three occasions. Stacie Houston did it first during Round 4 at the Cocoa-bo Speedway in Starksville. River 'Shark' Suzgar achieved the same fate just two races later in Islas Aaland winning the Pole position but falling one position short at of victory at the Checkered Flag. Finally, he his final season of competition, Glorious Free Republic Motorsports driver Skip Stiller nearly accomplished the rare weekend sweep in Xanneria earning pole position for the Knox Motor Company Anderscroggin 420 before finishing the event runner-up to Team Blue's rookie driver Taylor Henderson from Hapilopper. Stiller's teammate from Saint Kanye - Jeremiah Brooke, will be looking to be the first driver to win from the pole during NSSCRA Season 9 in their quest for the NSSCRA Season 9 Championship in the Proving Grounds 500 but there will be 45 other drivers doing their best to ensure that doesn't happen.

If Brooke does take the checkers, they will become the first winner of the Vilaye Energy Drink Winners Circle bonus. First announced in Tundra Falls one season ago, the Vilisorma Beverage Company introduced the Winners Cricle program as a way to expand its existing Pole Award program with further investment for NSSCRA Season 9. The Vilaye Energy Drink Winners Circle Program is a very simple incentive program with a financial bonus added to the race winning purse if the race winning driver was also the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award winner for that race. If the winner of the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award also won the race they would get a bonus of Ŧ14,000 added to their purse. However, when the pole award winner does not win the race, the prize money rolls over to the next event making the available bonus double to Ŧ28,000. The process repeats itself until such a point when a Pole Winner finally claims the prize. At that point, the available prize for the next round would reset back to Ŧ14,000. With 35 races having passed thus far in NSSCRA Season 9 with no claim to the Vilaye Winners Circle Bonus, the potential payout should Jeremiah Brooke park the #18 Chadwick in victory lane has balooned to a cool Ŧ504,000. Maximum carry over for the Winners Circle program is set at Ŧ140,000. Should Brooke continue the streak of Pole Award winners not following up with a victory in the race itself, then Ŧ140,000 would carry over to NSSCRA Season 10 for the Tundra Falls 500 pole winner. The remaining Ŧ364,000 would be evenly split with Ŧ182,000 awarded as a bonus to the seasons Top Pole winner, Stacie Houston, and the other Ŧ182,000 donated to local charities.

While Brooke's odds to win from the Pole may be long, they are one of just three active drivers on circuit who have accomplished the feat, having won from the Pole during NSSCRA Season 8 at the Nurburg Raceway in Caleonia. While no driver won from the pole during NSSCRA Season 7, two drivers, Kev Schorebrook and Centur Tiones did so during NSSCRA Season 6. Generally the Pole Winner for an event had a solid performance in NSSCRA Season 9 with 28 Top-15 finishes following a start at the front of the field but there were a few races where the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award winner struggled. None more so than the event in Wreckeria, however, where rookie driver Valentina Freya Yadana Aye picked up the first Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award of her career only to be eliminated from the event early on and falling to a 45th place finish in the 46 car field.
ImageImageImage

Vilaye Energy Drink backed driver River 'Shark' Suzgar II would post the 10th fastest time in Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Qualifying for the Proving Grounds 500, falling short of the chance to pull even with Stacie Houston for most Pole Positions earned on the season. Suzgar's 10th place effort was also the worst of the four championship eligible drivers with Brooke starting on Pole Position, Favorite Stacie Houston starting 8th and first-time Championship 4 contender Liangmei Li with the 3rd fastest time in qualifying. Suzgar had been the pole winner for the Proving Grounds 500 during NSSCRA Season 8 while finishing in the 4th position which was ultimately not enough for the Vilitan driver to earn the series championship. Vilita & Turori Motorsports have a strong history of placing drivers inside the Top 10 at the Proving Grounds with River 'Shark' Suzgar II having two career Top 5 finishes in the season finale, Yraaga Gilli'i having finished runner-up during NSSCRA Season 7 narrowly missing out on the Championship that season to race winner Stacie Houston, and Centur Tiones, driver of the #2 Tiones Lumber Dart who has finished inside the Top 10 during every running of the Proving Grounds 500 and who will be the highest positioned driver on the grid for Vilita and Turori Motorsports having posted the 7th fastest time in Qualifying.

As per tradition, Each of the Championship Four teams was offered a palette of Vilaye Energy Drink in special edition Championship 4 Cans with each team receiving cases with three designs on them, an NSSCRA Championship 4 design, a Tundra Falls inspired design for the Proving Grounds 500 and a custom can for that team included the drivers number for the #14, #18, #27 or #89 teams respectively. The limited edition cans were available trackside and also hit retail in select markets with each of the six can designs included in a specially marked '6-pack' packages.

Of course the Vilisorma Beverage Company was not the only company looking to leverage the NSSCRA Season Finale in their marketing and sales plans. One of the sponsors for Glorious Free Republic Motorsports driver Jeremiah Brooke, Vylet Internet Services, is going to be selecting 180 customers to receive lower internet pricing based on where Brooke finishes among the Championship 4, with a minimum guaranteed discount of 25% for the lucky winners increasing to 100% if Brooke lifts the title. Cassadaigua based Five Star Mobile has a number of concurrent promotions surrounding the Finale just as they do for every NSSCRA Race Weekend once again riding the success of their driver Stacie Houston to further awareness for the Five Star Brand. Fans trackside in Newmanistan will also have the opportunity to be the first to own the Toys '4' All Championship Four die-cast collectible car set from the Racing Collectibles product line.

While select retail locations may get the specially marked Championship Four collectibles ahead of the Green Flag in Tundra Falls most retail locations will be receiving the items in the weeks after the season has ended as the first shipments were prioritized to go straight to the track in Newmanistan. First print runs of the Championship 4 die-cast will include a special Light Blue checkered background to differentiate those items purchased in person at the Proving Grounds 500 from those purchased in Retail which will have a golden yellow checkered background.

Image Image Image Image

Making the NSSCRA Chase for the third time in four seasons, River 'Shark' Suzgar II continues to bring great value to sponsors having one of the largest co-primary sponsorship agreements on the circuit. With Tropicorp Racing Supply reportedly drawing back some of their funding to Vilita and Turori Motorsports as they continue to ramp up their own Team Tropicorp entry on the NSSCRA circuit, Suzgar's funding continues to be the largest contributor to Vilita and Turori Motorsports' success. While Suzgar has never been the flashiesht driver on the circuit, failing to click off wins at the same rate that teammate Yraaga Gilli'i did during NSSCRA Season 8 and never having been involved in a controversy so great as to get them suspended or replaced in their ride such as Guillermo Archer or Chris Holmes have done, 'The Shark' has earned their reputation of always circling, always being ready to pounce and taking advantage of the opportunities presented to them. Suzgar's popularity has grown to be equivalent to that of Turorian World Grand Prix driver iBen Toralmintii who, despite stringing off a record four consecutive Grand Prix victories, fell heart-breakingly short of earning the Vilita & Turori region its first World Grand Prix drivers championship. With the World Cup having come to a close and both Vilita and Turori having fallen short of expectations, both old and new fans have flocked to support Suzgar's quest for stock car glory. Now, with all three NSSCRA championship contenders ahead of them on the grid the whole of the Vilitan Cove will be tuned in as 'the Shark' goes on the hunt for a trophy in Tundra Falls.

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:20 pm

(OOC: Skipping only to some notable drivers after the top twenty.)

Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Tundra Falls, Newmanistan
Shortly before the start of the Proving Grounds 500

Shaun Pitt: Welcome race fans from St. Kanye and beyond, this is the NSSCRA on SKYNET Sports 12. I'm Shaun Pitt.
Carl Tanner: I'm Carl Tanner. And joining us at the booth today is a very special guest.
SP: Former KURT [Kanyean Unified Racing Tournament, St. Kanye's top series], KYLE [KURT Youngsters LEague, lower tier series] and NSSCRA driver, the road course specialist himself, Philip West.
CT: Great to see you here, Phil.
Philip West: Likewise, Carl, Shawn. It's a huge honor and a great pleasure.
CT: This is it folks. Back to where our ninth NSSCRA season began, in the beautiful Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan. [fly-by shots of the track]
SP: The Proving Grounds 500. Final race of the season. From about seventy drivers wanting a shot at the championship, to sixteen advancing to the Chase, and now to just four. This is gonna be fun for the next few hours, guys.
PW: Yeah, what a cast for this season's Championship Four. Probably our strongest cast yet. Thirteen wins among the four of them. [images of the Championship Four, and their stats, are shown on screen]
CT: The length of the season certainly helped.
SP: Race is starting shortly, and we shall be taking a look at the starting grid.
CT: Here we go. Forty or so weeks of excitement, suspense and controversy all leading up to this moment.
SP: Alright. Before we start, here are our DNQ's for this race.
[list of non-qualifiers appears on screen] Okay, now that that's out of the way, you can do the honors, Phil.

PW: Alright. So, starting on the first row, we have Jeremiah Brooke on pole in that red, white and blue 18 alongside Valentina Aye in the yellow and blue 15. [cut to the two cars in the first row; same case for all the other rows later]
CT: Brooke is one of our Championship Four contenders, St. Kanye's own. This is his second appearance in the battle for the title, the first coming in the sixth season.
SP: He was fourth then, but of course he'll be looking for that to change today.
CT: Gonna write history too, if ever. No Yeezie has gotten higher than third in the points.
SP: Anyway, four wins for this guy. Cocoabo Park.....
CT: On the last lap too, that's Yeezie Magic at its finest.
SP: Then in Appalachia and Wreckeria, first ever back to back victories in the Chase era.
PW: And in the Chase, the Guangxi Telecom 400, formerly the Guilin 400. Also the site of Brooke's first career win three seasons ago.
SP: I like Brooke. He's a hard worker. He's this series' resident "good guy". Always looking out for his fans, his crew, his teammates....
PW: His girlfriend.
SP: Oh yes, his girlfriend! But we'll get to her later.
CT: Aye, on the other hand, hails from Valentine Z. She's a rookie sensation, one of the frontrunners for the Rookie of the Year.
SP: She won at Terre Sep and got into the Chase, but unfortunately got bounced in the first round.
CT: Still, a very capable replacement for Jolyn Caulfield in the Valentian camp.
SP: Rumor has it Caulfield's gonna return next season though. That's what I heard, dunno if it's a fact just yet. Moving on.

PW: Second row, there's Liangmei Li in that pink and white 89, and Kai Qiang in the gold and blue 44.
CT: Holy moly, this is gonna be interesting.
SP: Li the second of our Championship Four participants. Won in Vangaziland last week to earn this spot....
CT: At the expense of Qiang.
SP: Yeah, that must've felt bad for the defending champion, who can no longer defend that championship.
PW: He was inches away, Shaun. Literally.
SP: Back to Li. She was only in a handful of races last season....
CT: Due to the Sherpa series', uh, unique system of determining their NSSCRA charters.
SP: But she came back strong.
PW: Well, yeah, she made it this far.
CT: Won two races in the regular season, two races with big media coverage at that, the Super Skychief 500 in Hapilopper and the Pencurve Electronics 500 in St. Kanye.
SP: Her third one came last week of course.
CT: With Brooke's four, that's already seven wins, and that's only two of four of our title hopefuls. Moving on now, Qiang also has four wins.
SP: First to get two among all drivers, too.
PW: I'm sure he'll still be looking to finish this season strong.
SP: If he doesn't keep butting heads with Li, of course. They may be fellow Sherpalanders, but they're bitter rivals.
CT: Let's see how that rivalry will factor into Li's quest for the title.

SP: Third row, there's Skip Stiller and Cocoabo #28, guess what number car it's using.
PW: Stiller, another Yeezie. Gonna be his final race in that blue number 3 car. The "Blue Trey", as it's known.
CT: Coulda ended this season on top, only fell short on points, but still, Round of Eight, pretty impressive.
SP: Sage Caldwell, R&D driver for Glorious Free Republic Motorsports, replacing him starting next season.
PW: Skip is another of those great guys. I know, I raced him locally and overseas. He may be a little more intense and serious, and has no problem making contact, but he's friendly once you get to know him.
SP: We're gonna miss him, that's for sure.
CT: Taking a view at the back of his car, we see a message saying "Thank you, NSSCRA".
PW: Rest of GFR's in on it too, except theirs say "Thank you, Skip".
CT: Yes, thank you, Skip. You've provided us with some very interesting moments throughout your NSSCRA career.
SP: Agreed.
PW: And if you wanna see his highlights, head over to nsscra.skynet.stk. [pause] Ya know, guys, Skip will be holding a retirement party next week, his teammates told me, and of course I said I'll be there.
SP: Knowing Skip, I'm sure it's gonna be a blast. Let us know how it goes, alright, Phil?
PW: Sure, sure. Now for Cocoabo #28.
CT: One fast bird indeed. Won last season, but this is the first time it's been in the Chase. Made it til the Round of Twelve, too.
SP: You know, guys, I've been thinking. We have a Fast Cocoabo in WGPC, but it's technically called Cocoabo #23. Maybe this one, #28, deserves a nickname too. Like maybe "Swift Cocoabo".
CT: Or "Quick Cocoabo".
PW: Um.... let's see. I know! "Speedy Cocoabo".
CT: Hey, let's have a poll. Let's put one up on the website. "What should Cocoabo #28's nickname be?"
SP: Gonna be unofficial though.
CT: Unless we somehow get the Tropicorp people to approve it.
PW: That would be cool.

CT: Okay, fourth row. Inside, we got Centur Tiones in the blue, white and brown 2 car, and outside is our third Championship Four member, Stacie Houston from Cassadaigua, in the black and pink 27.
SP: Tiones is slowly improving, you guys. Used to miss the Chase, but now he gets those crucial wins in the regular season to advance.
CT: I think his future at Vilita & Turori Motorsports is safe for now. But don't quote me on that.
PW: Now Houston, she's gone off strong early on, getting her second regular season title.
CT: And again in the Chase, doing just enough to make it past each round.
PW: Houston used to be just friends with Brooke, but now they're an actual couple.
SP: Yup, "Stacemiah" is official.
PW: Let's see how their battle goes today.
CT: Three wins for Stacie also, in North China, the Lonngeylin Ring and Kardashia. That last one being the one sending her to the title race before the others.
PW: That's ten for the Championship Four so far, Carl.
CT: She's also one of two looking to get a second title, the other being the Shark, but more on him later.

SP: Fifth row. Big Blue, Clarissa Alanis Star in the light blue 7.
PW: And the Shark himself, River Suzgar, in the teal 14.
SP: Star, as we remember, got into a bad wreck in North China.
CT: But being a robot, and having access to modern technology like the rest of Valentine Z, she was up and running for the next race in Filindostan.
PW: Eventually, she won in TJUN-ia and grabbed a Chase seat, but like her teammate Aye, one round and she's out.
CT: I see this team continuing to improve though, Phil. Let's see what they can do next season.
SP: Moving on to Suzgar, always a threat in these kinds of situations.
CT: A tough competitor. Dangerous. Like a tiger, or a falcon.
SP: Or ya know, a shark.
CT: Thank you, Shaun. Well, driving for VTM, arguably the wealthiest team in the series, certainly helps.
SP: Three wins for him too. N-N-Dubs, Road Marietta and the Fortress Run, for a total of thirteen across the whole Championship Four cast.
PW: Okay, poll's up on the website now. Go to nsscra.skynet.stk and vote for what nickname Cocoabo #28 will be given.
SP: By us. Unofficially.
CT: Of course.

(A. Swift Cocoabo B. Quick Cocoabo C. Speedy Cocoabo)

PW: Or if you want something else, feel free to put a comment on the poll page.
CT: Top ten's done. Let's take a break, then we'll be back for the rest.

[commercial break]

CT: Alright, we're back with the live coverage of the Proving Grounds 500 on SKYNET Sports 12. I'm Carl Tanner, together with Shaun Pitt and special guest analyst Philip West.
PW: We've seen the first ten starters on our grid for the final race of the season, now let's move through the rest of the pack.

SP: On our sixth row, the controversial rookie Guillermo Archer driving that pink and blue 96, together with Drake Stevenson in the green and white 81.
CT: That's the first non-Chaser we've seen today. Stevenson, I mean.
SP: Archer, the very outspoken former truck champ from Abanhfleft. Suspended one race as a result of an incident that occured in Wreckeria. Fought with the Jags and later Kai Qiang on Twii.tur.
PW: What a character, definitely adds some spice to this series.
CT: (laughs) You say "character" like this is a forum roleplay or something.
PW: I doubt anyone could write a character that could match Archer, his personality's even more colorful than his car. Now let's go to Stevenson, from Hapilopper, a mid-season replacement by Team Blue to Chris Holmes.
SP: Man, that was rough for Holmes. Chaser last season, only to struggle this season due to problems both mechanical and personal.
CT: Ya hate to see it, bud.
SP: At least he's found a new home in Hawking-Byrd. He'll drive the 56 for the Wreckerian team next season.
PW: We wish him all the best, but now, enough about Holmes. Stevenson struggled in WGP2, but had better results in his natural habitat - stock cars.
SP: Maybe the Haps had the right idea after all.
CT: Man, I can't wait for the battles between the 81 and 56 next season.
SP: Me too.
PW: Same, same.
SP: Moving on.

CT: Seventh row, Rockii Ezis in the light blue and brown 48, alongside Gwen Tracer Allison in that neon green and light blue 31.
SP: Ezis is the top qualifier for the home team, still looking for his first career win.
PW: I've raced against him before, he was with VTM then. If I remember correctly, I was third in the Vilaye 314 and he was fourth. He's got potential, lemme tell ya.
SP: Meanwhile, Allison went the furthest in the playoffs among the Valentian drivers, making it to the Round of Eight, when she was the only one who failed to make it in last season.
PW: That's one very distinctively colored car.
CT: You know, I was at my brother's house last month, he's got all these kids there, his kids and the neighbor's kids, they were playing that new NSSCRA game on console, and they all want to choose that car.
SP: Really?
CT: Yeah, they're all "I'll be Tracer", "I'm already Tracer". They like the colors.
PW: Nice.

SP: Eighth row, the dark purplish gray 06 of Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal.
CT: And the black and red 98 of WVC.
SP: Wilma von Cärinthen, that is.
CT: If you don't know Zakhilwal, you're living under a rock.
PW: Pretend I am living under a rock. Who's the guy with the mustache? What does he do?
SP: Oh, him? He brings the Mayhem.
CT: [laughs] Yeah. And I think he races cars too.
SP: Anyway.... Rinzi, the defending Rookie of the Year from Sherpaland, made it until the Round of Twelve this season.
CT: Now, Von Cärinthen, as we all know, is just as active on social media as Archer, his teammate.
PW: But in a different way, as she keeps fighting for various social causes.
CT: This has gotten her a lot of followers somehow.
PW: Performance-wise, she had a slow start to the season, DNQs left and right, but got her groove, got a charter, got better finishes. Her best is second.
CT: Another driver I could see improving.

SP: Now in the ninth row, we see the green and white 8, almost identical to the 81 except it doesn't have a 1.
PW: That's Frank Bronson.
SP: And beside him, the blue galaxy patterned 4 car driven by Meghan Sharpe.
CT: Bronson, hovered near the top of the points during the regular season, got past the first round of the Chase, but was eliminated in the second.
SP: That crash during practice in Hampton Island hurt his body as well as his performance for the next two races. He had a backup driver in Sherpaland, who was unable to help him advance.
CT: Still, a great run for the forty-year-old Hapiloppian.
PW: He was supposed to retire this season too, right?
CT: Yeah, but he had a reason to stay after Holmes got the boot.
SP: Sharpe, though, will really be hanging up her helmet, like her hauler neighbor Stiller.
CT: But unlike Stiller, the 'Dagan veteran missed the Chase, with no regular season wins to her name.
SP: Not the best exit. Don't worry Meg, we at SKYNET still love you.

PW: And we're at the tenth row now, with the orange, yellow and black double zero of Michael Stefan, from TJUN-ia, and the plain light blue 5 of Bryan Harrison, from Newmanistan.
CT: Oh yeah, that Stefan car was what the other kid picked when my nephew picked Tracer. Such a striking paintjob.
SP: Stefan was another driver with a slow start. Eventually got a win in Bolgano, but ultimately fell short of the Chase cutoff on points.
CT: Anyway, this guy will be back next season, but in a different number. Filindostan's BA Tim bought the rights to the double zero number from Jaguar Racing.
PW: Harrison will be back in a different number, too.
SP: Yup, but also a different car and team. He will be Sharpe's replacement at Team Cassadaigua.
CT: I think this is a great opportunity for Harrison. Rocket Motorsports is a mid-pack team, while the 'Dagans are higher tier.
PW: Who knows, maybe Rocket will rise to prominence too if they find a good signing for the vacant 5 car.
CT: I'm hoping for a great battle next season. Sage in the 3, Harrison in the 4 and whoever in the 5. Anyway, those are our starters from eleventh to twentieth, we'll be back after these messages.

[commercial break]

SP: Welcome back, this is the live coverage of the Proving Grounds 500 on SKYNET Sports 12. I'm Shaun Pitt, together with Carl Tanner and guest analyst Philip West.
CT: We've covered almost half the field, pole to twentieth, and so we shall move on to the rest.

PW: Starting off, we've got James McCurty in the blue and red 23, and Jenna Logan in the pink 11. That's the eleventh row.
SP: McCurty, from Hampton Island, our fastest uncharted driver. Often finds a way to qualify.
CT: And Logan, whose car might get a new sponsor next season.

(skip)

SP: Fourteenth row now, we have our third Yeezie driver Thea Alvarez in the rainbow colored 46, alongside Paul Nystrom of New Northwesteros driving the red and yellow 21.
PW: Just one win for Alvarez this season, which came in Abanhfleft. Made the Chase, but only until the first round. This is the first ever Championship Four race not involving the 46.
CT: She's still young, though. Plenty more chances to go further. It's not the end for her.
PW: SKYNET loves you, Thea!
SP: As for Nystrom, he's not doing much of note in his first season with a charter.
PW: Yeah, people talk more about his feud with Jeff Shreeves.
CT: He's pretty good when he was in KURT, though. Nystrom, I mean.

PW: Fifteenth row. Ashley Matthews in the plain light blue 59.
CT: And Yraaga Gilli'i in the blue and orange 41.
SP: Matthews, our open charter user from the local team, has said that she won't be the one to replace Harrison in the 5 car.
CT: Possibly, she'll remain in the R&D seat next season.
PW: Now, Gilli'i, he has been rumored to be off VTM after failing to post a points win with two races left in the regular season.
SP: Those rumors died down when he did manage one, made it to the Chase, then won the opener.
CT: I think YG not only saved his season, but also his job.
SP: Unless a move actually does happen.

(skip)

SP: We're now at the tail end of the field with our final two drivers. This is the twenty-third row.
CT: We've got the green 52 car of Jeff Shreeves, from Appalachia, and the black and yellow 22 of Kevin Cosgrove, from Hampton Island.
SP: Oh, Shreeves. He's been uh, you know, he's..... there, he runs, uh.... sometimes....
CT: He's..... good at getting a ride in this series..... somehow? I guess?
PW: Can't help but admire his perseverance, though.
SP: Let's just move on. Cosgrove is another retiring driver. We wish him luck.
CT: Not a bad driver, really. Interesting to see what he could have done with a change of equipment and/or scenery, but he reportedly won't drive for a foreign team.
PW: Would Hampton Island Racing consider replacing him with a foreigner though?
SP: What if they get a Jebslunder? Oh, the irony.
CT: The reverse Lexi Patterson.

[all laugh]

SP: And that's our starting grid for the Proving Grounds 500. Don't change the channel!

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013

Postby Tropicorp » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:16 pm

While Team Tropicorp crew members and officials were disappointed at not advancing to the Round of 8 in their first trip to the NSSCRA's Playoff Chase Posteason, they were still optimistic of finishing the season strong. The optimism was well founded in looking at the results from the same three-race stretch from one season prior. During NSSCRA Season 8, Cocoabo #28 had an average finish of 9th in the Round of 8 events even though they were not at the time a Playoff Eligible driver. Of course, this included a win in Jebslund at Die Landschaftlich Schöne Strecke. Unfortunately for Cocoabo #28 and Team Tropicorp, Die Landschaftlich Schöne Strecke was removed from the circuit and in its slot on the calendar went the fan-favorite Kermania Fortress Run. The Fortress Run was one event that Team Tropicorp had very little data to prepare for and, in hindsight, they may have wished they had entered Euroli Islander into that event instead of the race at the Kardashia Autoring. During NSSCRA Season 7 the Kermania Fortress Run was the first race that Cocoabo #28 missed due to the injuries sustained in the Toys '4' All 500 at the Lonngeylin Ring one race prior. Euroli Islander, the teams simulator developer, failed to qualify for the race and as a result the team missed out on a wealth of data that Islander could have collected and applied in the rig for the course. It was the final race Islander failed to qualify for on the schedule. Cocoabo #78 was the only Team Tropicorp driver to appear in the Kermania Fortress Run more than once but qualified in 37th for both events and failed to ever crack the Top 10.

With limited data to go off of, Team Tropicorp put in a middle-of the pack performance in Jebslund. One season removed from a victory at Die Landschaftlich Schöne Strecke, Cocoabo #28 crossed the line 19th at the Kermania Citadel, best of all Team Tropicorp drivers with Cocoabo #78 behind in 22nd and Anavella Ariiki off the pace as usual in 30th.

In some ways, it was a microcosm of the entire season for Team Tropicorp. It was a season where Team Tropicorp advanced in some ways, and regressed in others. Perhaps the decision to only partially switch to The Dart Group's new hybrid Chassis held the team back. Or perhaps it was more telling of the talent level of the drivers the team had at its disposal. Both Cocoabo #28 and Cocoabo #78 were running last seasons Standard Dart Chassis outfitted especially for Cocoabo drivers. At the same time, the teams least experienced driver Anavella Ariiki was thrust into a brand new Hybrid Dart Chassis. Cocoabo #28 who had 5 Top 5's and 11 Top 10 finishes over 30 races during NSSCRA Season 8 became more of a threat and less consistent over NSSCRA Season 9, improving to 6 Top five finishes but only 8 Top tens with just two finishes between 6th-10th place. It was truly a hot and cold season for Cocoabo #28 who perhaps was beginning to finally show the true skill level that was temporarily derailed in the accident during NSSCRA Season 6. While Cocoabo #28 had just 8 Top 10 finishes, 6 of those were Top 5's and of the 6 Top five finish, 4 of those finishes were in the Top 2 with a win in the Tropicorp 500 and runner-up finishes in Hapilopper City, Hampton Island and at the Vilitan Mountain Challenge Course.

For Cocoabo #78 who appeared set to be the top driver at Team Tropicorp after a strong showing in NSSCRA Season 8 which included earning the teams first victory of any kind at the Pre-Season exhibition at Tundra Falls, then backing it up by securing Team Tropicorp's first point paying victory in the Shellshock Batteries 400 at Marquette Raceway, the driver of the #78 Cocoabo Park Dart had just four Top 10 finishes in NSSCRA Season 9, down from nine Top ten's during NSSCRA Season 8. Like Cocoabo #28, however, it was very much all or nothing as three of Cocoabo #78's four Top 10 finishes were also Top fives.

Unlike NSSCRA Season 8 where Team Tropicorp improved as the season went on, however, the numbers in NSSCRA Season 9 were quite the opposite. With an average team finish of 15th during the First round of the NSSCRA Chase, the average finish of the team would go up with each passing round. An average finish of 18.5 in the second round of the Chase despite putting both Cocoabo inside the Top 10 in Hampton Island and finally one of the worst three-race stretches of the season for the team following Cocoabo #28's elimination from the Chase with an average finish of 25th heading into the season Finale. With the team struggling to find its form Team Tropicorp will once again bring Euroli Islander to the Track to try to get the team back on track for NSSCRA Season 9 as well as collect some final data to be used at the start of NSSCRA Season 10 when Team Tropicorp prepares not only for their own season, but for the start of a technical sharing relationship with the Jaguar Racing team of TJUN-ia.

While none of Team Tropicorp's drivers are in contention for the NSSCRA title in Tundra Falls, there will be one Tropicorper with something on the line as Tropicorp's own Fantasy Picker @ceeptrainer2 has advanced to the final of the Vilita & Turori Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Challenge. @ceeptrainer2 will be going head to head with competitors from Cassadaigua and Filindostan for the title of best picker in the multiverse with everything decided at the NSSCRA Finale, the Proving Grounds 500 from Newmanistan.
- Tropicorp -

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Race: Proving Grounds 500 @ Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Superspeedway)
Lap Record: 56.342 sec.
Minimum Time To Avoid DNF: 59.300 sec.

Segment 1:
1 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire)                           56.676
2 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 56.682
3 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 56.693
4 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 56.706
5 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 56.730
6 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 56.771
7 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 56.775
8 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 56.784
9 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 56.789
10 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 56.803
11 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 56.838
12 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 56.841
13 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 56.894
14 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 56.918
15 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 56.921
16 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 56.953
17 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 57.063
18 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 57.074
19 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 57.228
20 #59- Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) 57.252
21 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 57.270
22 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 57.298
23 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 57.302
24 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 57.305
25 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 57.318
26 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 57.325
27 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 57.340
28 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 57.362
29 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 57.443
30 #42- Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 57.645
31 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 57.707
32 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 57.773
33 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 57.808
34 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 57.833
35 #83- Fiona Sunarya (Filindostan) *Q* 57.939
36 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 58.040
37 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 58.115
38 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 58.211
39 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 58.270
40 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 58.345
41 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 58.574
42 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 58.765
43 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 59.018
44 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 59.038
45 #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) 59.329 DNF
46 #57- Gordon Orton (Appalachian Nation) *Q* 59.387 DNF

Segment 2:
1 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)                    56.703
2 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 56.716
3 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 56.853
4 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 56.882
5 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 56.928
6 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 56.963
7 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 57.001
8 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 57.048
9 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 57.115
10 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 57.148
11 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 57.223
12 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 57.230
13 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 57.275
14 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 57.298
15 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 57.411
16 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 57.422
17 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 57.436
18 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 57.529
19 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 57.585
20 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 57.592
21 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 57.604
22 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 57.701
23 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 57.708
24 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 57.730
25 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 57.731
26 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 57.752
27 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 57.768
28 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 57.817
29 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 57.836
30 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 57.845
31 #59- Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) 57.928
32 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 58.034
33 #83- Fiona Sunarya (Filindostan) *Q* 58.035
34 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 58.100
35 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 58.121
36 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 58.211
37 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 58.737
38 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 58.901
39 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 58.954
40 #42- Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 58.980
41 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 59.005
42 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 59.033
43 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 59.090
44 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 59.351 DNF

Segment 3:
1 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)                    56.681
2 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 56.687
3 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 57.017
4 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 57.075
5 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 57.109
6 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 57.129
7 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 57.181
8 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 57.252
9 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 57.279
10 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 57.284
11 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 57.368
12 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 57.425
13 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 57.455
14 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 57.503
15 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 57.509
16 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 57.513
17 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 57.587
18 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 57.611
19 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 57.672
20 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 57.680
21 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 57.695
22 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 57.709
23 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 57.727
24 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 57.739
25 #59- Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) 57.753
26 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 57.841
27 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 57.892
28 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 57.916
29 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 57.918
30 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 57.941
31 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 57.951
32 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 57.952
33 #83- Fiona Sunarya (Filindostan) *Q* 58.010
34 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 58.123
35 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 58.146
36 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 58.297
37 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 58.389
38 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 58.433
39 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 58.465
40 #42- Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 58.929
41 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 59.042
42 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 59.130
43 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 59.350 DNF

Segment 4:
1 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori)         56.698
2 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 56.765
3 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 56.889
4 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 56.945
5 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 57.032
6 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 57.034
7 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 57.038
8 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 57.043
9 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 57.064
10 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 57.074
11 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 57.101
12 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 57.109
13 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 57.218
14 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 57.226
15 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 57.241
16 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 57.249
17 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 57.296
18 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 57.343
19 #42- Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 57.349
20 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 57.453
21 #59- Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) 57.583
22 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 57.632
23 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 57.729
24 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 57.755
25 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 57.781
26 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 57.801
27 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 57.831
28 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 57.933
29 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 57.953
30 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 57.998
31 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 58.093
32 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 58.116
33 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 58.121
34 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 58.126
35 #83- Fiona Sunarya (Filindostan) *Q* 58.137
36 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 58.143
37 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 58.216
38 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 58.341
39 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 58.406
40 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 58.484
41 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 58.773
42 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 59.032

Segment 5:
1 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)                    56.735
2 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 56.863
3 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 56.883
4 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 56.896
5 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 56.904
6 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 56.980
7 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 57.008
8 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 57.032
9 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 57.038
10 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 57.052
11 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 57.053
12 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 57.070
13 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 57.087
14 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 57.095
15 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 57.175
16 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 57.212
17 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 57.216
18 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 57.412
19 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 57.560
20 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 57.584
21 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 57.628
22 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 57.681
23 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 57.692
24 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 57.707
25 #59- Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) 57.719
26 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 57.728
27 #42- Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 57.732
28 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 57.747
29 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 57.753
30 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 57.781
31 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 57.789
32 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 58.090
33 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 58.195
34 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 58.291
35 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 58.317
36 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 58.468
37 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 58.510
38 #83- Fiona Sunarya (Filindostan) *Q* 58.589
39 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 58.815
40 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 59.307 DNF
41 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 59.325 DNF
42 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 59.528 DNF

Final Results:
| Pos | Driver | Avg. |
| 1 | #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) | 56.783 | WINNER
| 2 | #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) | 56.892 |
| 3 | #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) | 56.942 |
| 4 | #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) | 57.008 |
| 5 | #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) | 57.020 |
| 6 | #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) | 57.046 |
| 7 | #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) | 57.135 |
| 8 | #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) | 57.203 |
| 9 | #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) | 57.245 |
| 10 | #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) | 57.267 |
| 11 | #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) | 57.270 |
| 12 | #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) | 57.272 |
| 13 | #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) | 57.307 |
| 14 | #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) | 57.355 |
| 15 | #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) | 57.363 |
| 16 | #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) | 57.456 |
| 17 | #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) | 57.516 |
| 18 | #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) | 57.520 |
| 19 | #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) | 57.562 |
| 20 | #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) | 57.571 |
| 21 | #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) | 57.591 |
| 22 | #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) | 57.599 |
| 23 | #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) | 57.643 |
| 24 | #59- Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) | 57.647 |
| 25 | #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) | 57.655 |
| 26 | #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) | 57.676 |
| 27 | #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) | 57.695 |
| 28 | #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) | 57.759 |
| 29 | #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) | 57.762 |
| 30 | #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) | 57.777 |
| 31 | #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) | 57.813 |
| 32 | #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) | 57.838 |
| 33 | #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) | 57.845 |
| 34 | #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) | 57.891 |
| 35 | #42- Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) | 58.127 |
| 36 | #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) | 58.130 |
| 37 | #83- Fiona Sunarya (Filindostan) | 58.142 |
| 38 | #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) | 58.354 |
| 39 | #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) | 58.378 |
| 40 | #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) | DNF |
| 41 | #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) | DNF |
| 42 | #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) | DNF |
| 43 | #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) | DNF |
| 44 | #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) | DNF |
| 45 | #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) | DNF |
| 46 | #57- Gordon Orton (Appalachian Nation) | DNF |

Final Point Standings:
| Pos | Driver | Points |
| 1 | #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)***** | 5051 | NSSCRA 9 CHAMPION
| 2 | #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori)*** | 5045 |
| 3 | #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua)*** | 5043 |
| 4 | #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire)*** | 5042 |
| 5 | #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z)* | 4167 |
| 6 | #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire)**** | 4165 |
| 7 | #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye)* | 4150 |
| 8 | #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft)** | 4136 |
| 9 | #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori)** | 3228 |
| 10 | #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp)* | 3222 |
| 11 | #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper)* | 3203 |
| 12 | #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire)** | 3176 |
| 13 | #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)* | 2358 |
| 14 | #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z)* | 2310 |
| 15 | #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z)* | 2301 |
| 16 | #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori)* | 2296 |
| 17 | #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia)* | 1088 |
| 18 | #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper)* | 1087 |
| 19 | #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) | 1049 |
| 20 | #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) | 1011 |
| 21 | #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) | 898 |
| 22 | #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) | 881 |
| 23 | #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) | 866 |
| 24 | #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) | 847 |
| 25 | #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) | 819 |
| 26 | #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria)* | 798 |
| 27 | #30- Lexi Patterson (Jebslund)* | 719 |
| 28 | #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) | 711 |
| 29 | #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) | 674 |
| 30 | #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) | 639 |
| 31 | #13- Brigadegeneral Eva Kerman (Jebslund) | 625 |
| 32 | #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) | 553 |
| 33 | #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) | 533 |
| 34 | #81- Chris Holmes (Hapilopper) | 521 |
| 35 | #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) | 509 |
| 36 | #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) | 499 |
| 37 | #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) | 498 |
| 38 | #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) | 422 |
| 39 | #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) | 316 |
| 40 | #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) | 272 |
| 41 | #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) | 267 |
| 42 | #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) | 250 |
| 43 | #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) | 234 |
| 44 | #09- Daniel Cretton (Bolgano) | 204 |
| 45 | #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) | 195 |
| 46 | #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) | 195 |
| 47 | #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) | 195 |
| 48 | #53- Teija Kuusela (The Albali Republic) | 154 |
| 49 | #1- Vanda Rosa Cordeiro Kerman (Jebslund) | 126 |
| 50 | #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) | 119 |
| 51 | #19- Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) | 100 |
| 52 | #42- Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) | 91 |
| 53 | #38- Elio Aaron (Esmerel) | 85 |
| 54 | #83- Fiona Sunarya (Filindostan) | 85 |
| 55 | #49- Lotara Novorali (Vilita and Turori) | 61 |
| 56 | #79- Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) | 59 |
| 57 | #83- Noriyasu Nagai (Filindostan) | 56 |
| 58 | #25- Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) | 53 |
| 59 | #17- Tyler Abbott (Cassadaigua) | 45 |
| 60 | #16- Tucker Capps (Xanneria) | 39 |
| 61 | #34- Matthew Conrad (Hampton Island) | 35 |
| 62 | #59- Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) | 34 |
| 63 | #01- Cristensen Kalsters (Islas Aaland) | 31 |
| 64 | #87- Jama'obo Pegasii (Vilita and Turori) | 29 |
| 65 | #07- Abdoulaye Goita (Saint Kanye) | 26 |
| 66 | #96- Ganglie Zhe (Abanhfleft) | 24 |
| 67 | #20- Pyotr Lavrentiev (Saint Kanye) | 24 |
| 68 | #45- Ben Carpenter (Esmerel) | 23 |
| 69 | #20- David Rockingham (Esmerel) | 22 |
| 70 | #63- Jamie Isabella Eirian (Valentine Z) | 19 |
| 71 | #47- Johnny Betta (Xanneria) | 18 |
| 72 | #32- Waltteri Lehto (The Albali Republic) | 17 |
| 73 | #26- Roger Bipacks (Bolgano) | 14 |
| 74 | #04- Félix-Antoine Constantineau (Terre Septentrionale) | 13 |
| 75 | #57- Gordon Orton (Appalachian Nation) | 12 |
| 76 | #40- Ongmu Yeti (The Sherpa Empire) | 10 |
| 77 | #50- Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) | 7 |
| 78 | #71- Brett Pickles (Appalachian Nation) | 5 |
| 79 | #35- Melissa Nilis (Bolgano) | 5 |
| 80 | #75- Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) | 5 |
| 81 | #29- Maddie Alexander (Cassadaigua) | 4 |
| 82 | #07- Juracai Klianiota (Vilita and Turori) | 3 |
| 83 | #69- Hauptfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) | 2 |

Congratulations to our new champion!
It's been a great season, thank you everyone for your participation over the course of it!
Last edited by Newmanistan on Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019

Postby Hapilopper » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:53 pm

The Proving Grounds, Tundra Falls, Newmanistan
The Proving Grounds 500
It was over. Thank God. It had been an incredibly taxing season emotionally with all the turmoil that had faced Team Blue. But there was still reason to be optimistic. Drake Stevenson and Taylor Henderson ran near the front of the field and battled for the lead, and so did Frank Bronson, before his motor exploded in a ball of flame on the back straight.

The results were Team Blue’s season in a nutshell. Drake was 14th and Taylor was 27th, and Frank was 44th. It wasn’t much to write home about. The team was tired, physically, mentally and emotionally, and it was time to go home for the winter. But as the three drivers got into a car to take them to the airport, Drake made an observation as he looked at a giant screen, which showed Jeremiah Brooke celebrating his NSSCRA title.

“See that?” Drake said. “Next year, I don’t care how it happens, that’s going to be one of us. It’s our time. We’ve got the people to do it.”

Frank and Taylor looked over at the screen and nodded their heads in agreement.

“It’s got to be,” Frank said with a smile. “I think the worst is past us.”

Frank was right. The team had gone through some incredibly unfortunate moments of turmoil in the last two years that hampered their ability to compete at the front. First, it was the inter-team coup during NSSCRA VIII that ran Ken Henson out of the team. Then, it was Chris Holmes having a meltdown that distracted from the team’s mission, and Holmes and Chet Byrd departing the team in anger midway through the season.

But now, Team Blue had three emotionally mature racing drivers and a team that just couldn’t wait for the next season of the biggest and baddest racing series of them all, the NSSCRA. The future seemed very bright for the team.

The Team Blue Shop, Hapilopper City
The next day
Considering the relatively poor results of Team Blue’s three drivers the day before, the post-race meeting was remarkably positive. Maybe it was because this meeting was heavily catered and doubled as the team’s holiday party, which for some reason was always a cause for concern of a top driver unexpectedly retiring. Turns out that Amanda McAlister knew a friend that owned a chicken farm south of Hapilopper City. That friend brought in about 80 pounds of grilled and fried chicken. Others brought in other bits of food. Potatoes, macaroni and cheese, green beans, chips and dip and more different types of beverages than you could think.

But maybe it was also the fact the team had a tremendous amount of optimism about them moving to NSSCRA X. The team would be taking part in a rigorous testing schedule during the offseason as they got ready for the next season, and for the first time, Team Blue had three NSSCRA drivers that weren’t their own worst enemies. These were drivers that weren’t going to get in each other’s way or trip over themselves because they were trying to be funny with weapons-grade fireworks or wild animals in Sherpalander drivers’ cars.

Many of the Team Blue personnel tipped the bottle that day, and after the post-race meeting concluded, a good number of the team moved the party over to Andrew’s Pub, a party that no doubt made bar proprietor Andrew McPherson very happy as it helped him turn a monster profit on the day.

But one of them was not Drake Stevenson. He had grown tired of getting drunk and feeling the effects of it the next day. The last straw had been the evening that Chris Holmes had somehow or another been named the National Animal of Hapilopper. It turns out that a friend had called him, just to check on him, to see how he was doing. Drake hadn’t heard from this friend in some time, and when he took the call, Drake was a slobbering mess, barely able to even focus his eyes or verbalize a coherent thought. When Drake saw this friend had called the next morning, Drake apologized and realized that he didn’t need to embarrass himself like this, or feel the way he had felt.

So Drake pledged to himself that he would quit drinking once and for all.

After the meeting, Drake quietly drove back to his house instead of going to Andrew's Pub. He had a faint smile on his face. For all intents and purposes, he had pictured his year going so much differently than it did. When the year had started, he had been a Grand Prix driver, getting ready to compete for the World Grand Prix 2 Championship for Nimbus Racing. But it went so wrong in so many ways, and it soured him on the dream of competing in the Grand Prix circuit. So he went back to Team Blue, and got a ride for the Super Skychief 500, the biggest sporting event of the year in the Dominion.

In front of 200,000 screaming fans, Drake Stevenson showed the world he was still one hell of a talent. As he wheeled his Super Skychief around the inside of Skip Stiller early in the race to take the lead in Hapilopper City, at that moment, he decided he belonged in a stock car. For 25 laps, Drake Stevenson was the man to beat in the international racing world. He didn’t finish well that day, but the seeds had been sown for a recovery from the lowest of lows to where he was at that very moment.

When everything went wrong at the Jungle Fever Party in TJUN-ia, Drake was enlisted to climb in the 81 car for one race, which became his assignment for the rest of the season. His results could have been better, but those results were a starting point for what he hoped would be a magnificent NSSCRA X campaign.

He threw his bags on a couch and took something out of one of them. It was a picture of himself, Taylor and Frank. Drake looked at it for a while and hung it up next to another picture of significance, the one of him and the Eelandii VTGP team after that podium performance at the Vilitan Grand Prix. Drake looked at it for a long time, contemplating what had gone on all season. A smile came over his face, knowing that the worst of his career was over. He was 32 years old, and he had finally found his place in international motorsport.

NSSCRA IX had been, on paper, a monumentally disappointing season for Team Blue, Hapilopper’s de facto national auto racing team. They lost Chris Holmes and Chet Byrd, a man who had been with the team since the 1980s. Out of 36 races, they only won twice, when experts expected the team to win many, many more times than that. But with a bad season came reason to be optimistic. They had perhaps the finest Hapiloppian stock car driver of this generation in Drake Stevenson. They had Frank Bronson, the man that had been the solid rock of the team since it started competing in the NSSCRA. And they had Taylor Henderson, the star of the future as far as Hapiloppian stock car racing was concerned.

Drake stepped out onto the back porch of his house, took a seat, lit a cigar and took in the atmosphere of the cool Hapiloppian evening. There were no cheering crowds, no loud engines and no mayhem. He didn’t need it for now. The season was over, it was time to relax and revel in the fact that the future was, indeed, bright.

Hapilopper will be back.
Last edited by Hapilopper on Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:52 am

Liangmei Li was the only one of the Sherpa drivers who came to Skip Stiller's retirement party. Qiang and Rinzi wanted to go home and have some time with their families before they had to hit the track again for IRACT's spring season, but Li didn't have to worry about that. She wasn't that close with her family and she wasn't going to be competing in IRACT because she already had a contract to drive for Rocket. She needed to work on her English, but she was looking forward to a nice relaxing offseason where she didn't have to compete with Qiang or Rinzi.

And she was looking forward to living in a country where people didn't dress like nomadic cow herders and you didn't have to carry toilet paper everywhere you went. Even in trendy club-hopping Chengdu, there was a lot of traditional attire and the public restrooms usually had squat toilets with no toilet paper.

Rinzi and Tashi Zakhilwal were married in Kathmandu a couple of weeks after the Proving Grounds 500. The guest list was mostly family members from their extended families, but Rinzi also invited his pit crew.

Kai Qiang was terrible at driving in snow. Not just worse than you would expect from an NSSCRA champion, but actually bad. It didn't snow very often in Guangxi, and when it did, it was usually just a dusting. The few times Qiang had driven in the snow, it had been on dirt roads where the snow was quickly ground into the dirt.

So it was very inconvenient that his 2nd daughter was born on the day of a major snowstorm. It wasn't even that cold, but the snow was coming down in huge fluffy wet poofs. The streets of Guilin were not plowed, and most of the city's ambulances were either stuck in the snow or busy attempting to rescue other people that didn't know how to drive in the snow. IHS advised Qiang to drive Tsering to the hospital because it would be faster than waiting for an ambulance. Qiang tried, but he had gone less than a block before Mendok (who was in the car with them) ordered him to return to the house and let her deliver the baby. "Is Tsering okay with that?" Qiang asked.

"It's safer than going to the hospital," said Mendok. "I have a medical background and you can't control the car. I work for the IHS, Qiang!"

"I want to know if Tsering is okay with it!" Qiang shot back angrily. "She's the one having the baby!" He was already aggravated by how difficult it was to control the car, and he really didn't appreciate Mendok calling the shots without asking Tsering what she thought. The two women exchanged some hand signs and Tsering indicated that Qiang should go back to the house. She wanted to get out of the car.

Qiang was grateful when the car was safely parked again. He walked Tsering back into the house and prayed that nothing would go wrong. The baby was delivered safely sometime in the evening, around the time the city FINALLY managed to scrounge up a snow plow and start clearing the roads.

Qiang's twii.tur account was still blocked by the Censorship Department so he couldn't log in from a Sherpa IP, but he decided it was worth a couple minutes on a VPN to share the good news:

Image 强凯 - Kai Qiang - काय च्याङ
@QK98

Please welcome to the world Sima Tsering Qiang (强雪苗), born tonight 6PM

#HelloWorld

TJUN-ia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

The Season Finale - Race Day

Postby TJUN-ia » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:26 am

ImageImage

Here we are. I wish I could write a better intro but this is all I can think of. HERE WE ARE! Many moons ago now, the 9th Season of NSSCRA began at the Proving Grounds of Tundra Falls, Newmanistan. The season following that exhibition and that race saw us fly across the multiverse in search of contenders for the NSSCRA crown, contenders for the title held by Kai Qiang himself. Now we were back to where we began, where Qiang's crown would be used to declare a new champion. The Proving Grounds 500 would decide which of Jeremiah Brooke, Stacie Houston, Liangmei Li and the Shark of River Suzgar would be the new champion and no matter what happened, the Proving Grounds expected an entertaining race.

Let's start off with some important positions heading into the race: Jeremiah Brooke was on pole, alongside Valentina Freya Yadana Aye on Row 1. Liangmei Li was on Row 2, alongside her teammate and now former-champion Kai Qiang. Skip Stiller started his final race in 5th, alongside Cocoabo #28 on Row 3. Stacie Houston was on row 4, just behind Centur Tiones, with the Shark directly behind her in 10th, just behind Clarissa Alanis Star and just ahead of ROTY Guillermo Archer. Meghan Sharp, who was also retiring after this race, was in 18th with Michael Stefan (@00Stefan) just behind her in his final race using the #00. Alfonso Mercado (@AM64) was down in 26th. The two non-charter drivers would start near to each other: local Ashley Matthews in 29th, Tropicorp's Euroli Islander in 31st. Kevin Cosgrove would start right at the back of the field in his final race.

It would turn out to be an entertaining race indeed, with 7 retirements including one Frank Bronson. Matthews finished a respectable 24th, while Euroli Islander finished down in 35th. Skip Stiller finished his swansong in 7th, Meghan Sharpe in 11th Kevin Cosgrove in 29th. All 3 of these riders have will be sorely missed by the NSSCRA community and JR hopes that they all enjoy their new lives outside the sport. Bless you all.

Alfonso's race was of constant midfield running, but he didn't need to be up at the top. Considering where he started, we could be proud of what he had done. At the beginning of the season, he struggled in the 64 car and failed to qualify for most of the few races. But once he eventually qualified constantly, he began racing consistently too. As he crossed the line in 18th to complete his first season, he took stock of the fact that he was certainly on the up. Next season will certainly be interesting if both of JR's current drivers end up with a charter when we return to this track.

Up at the front. Stefan was part of the championship battle as a bystander at the front. As JR's sole charter driver at the beginning of the season, the aim was to get as many points as he could while trying to improve race by race. And, my goodness, did he improve. The driver of the #00 has made strides in his performances, going from near the back of the pack to the near the front in the space of 37 races. That win in Bolgano is something that no one will ever forget, and neither will today. In the final race as the #00, in the final race of the "MRO era", Stefan crossed the line in 3rd. It is our 2nd ever podium in history and it was enough for Stefan to overtake Taylor Henderson for 17th in the overall standings by a single point. Best of the rest in your first season in stock car. Not bad for a former open-wheel driver!

The battle in front of Stefan was won by Brooke, winning both this race and his first NSSCRA title. Saint Kanye and Glorious Free Republic Motorsports finally had an NSSCRA Champion to call their own. The Shark was just behind and just came up short on title no.3, but I'm sure he'll be back next season. Stacie Houston may not be a double-champion yet as she finished in 4th, but I'm sure she doesn't mind that it was her boyfriend who took it all in the end. As for Li in 5th, I hope she enjoys herself in her new pastures. She's off to Rocket Motorsports to replace the Dagan-bound Byran Harrison at the Newmanistani outfit.

As Stefan got the TJUN-ain flag out of his car to celebrate his 2nd podium, Harpa Gilfisdóttir (@IsfruinJR) applauded. She had weathered the storm as was now the sole owner of this racing enterprise. TJUN-ia-MRO had given the keys to this team to Ísfrúin once the checkered flag came out on the road. She has big plans for this organisation but for now, it was time for celebration. Stefan was very excited as he sprayed most of the champagne onto the newly-crowned champion. He even managed a quick little remark to him: "Enjoy it, Brooky. See you next year." A new era of Jaguar Racing had begun. Dart cars, Tropicorp tyres and an owner willing to make a statement.

This is Derrick Carlisle, signing off for the final time this season. It's certainly been fun and I look forward to the new future. Enjoy yourself, Jeremiah! But be warned. Next season is when the Jaguar begins to hunt you down...

Final Standings: Stefan - 17th (1088pts/1W), Mercado - 32nd (553pts)

ImageImage

STATEMENT FROM HARPA GYLFISDÓTTIR, OWNER AND MANAGER OF JAGUAR RACING

When I took over as Team Manager, it was an organisation with heaps of potential but had been rocked by the decision by the TJUN-ia-MRO to kick my predecessor, Daniel Marx, out of his post. I was told a simple task I needed to do: "Steer this ship right and it's yours". I can now say that I achieved that.

Jaguar Racing ended this season with at least one driver confirmed to have a charter in the next. Michael Stefan has improved brilliantly over the course of the season and I am grateful for both his win in Bolgano and his 3rd place finish at the Proving Grounds 500. As #00 is transferred to Filindostan for next season, he will be looking to run with the #07 in Season X. If not, then the team will look for other options but this is only a small issue.

As for Alfonso Mercado, he has been through a lot over the course of this season. He started off badly but improved with constant qualifying and race performances before finally being given a charter. But his homosexuality was released without his content and he was hounded by members of the media for multiple races. But he rode the storm well and I am happy to say that he and Stefan are doing fine as teammates. My one regret in this sport thus far was that I wasn't able to prevent the secret from getting out into the wider world, but I am happy that everything has been maintained without any personal or emotional damage. I hope that, charter or not, that Mercado will race just as well next season as he did during the later stages of this one.

With Season 9 now complete, I have now been given full control of Jaguar Racing as its new owner. I would like to thank all of my personnel for being there for me over the course of my tenure and I would like to thank the MRO for kickstarting this team and making sure that it was steered in the right direction. But now I look to the future: The Dart Group will be providing our car next year and Tropicorp will supply the tires. I am looking forward to working with both brands in creating a good package for the season to come.

There have been rumours flying around about what the team does next. I would like to respond to that with a simple message: the 3rd car is coming. It might be a TJUN-ian who drives it, or it might be someone else. If there is anyone reading this who would like to considered for this seat, which will most likely be non-charter to begin with, then please contact me at hgylfisdottir.JagWire.tj.un I hope to be able to contact you within 48 hours.

As for the rumours of a potential 2nd-tier series starting up next season, I will watch developments with interest. If JR is allowed to send 1 or more drivers to represent the team in this series, then I will definitely consider it. If not, then I will certainly be up for collaborating with the MRO to establish a "feeder-team" of sorts to act as the stepping stone to JR proper.

Next season will be completely different from this one, in more ways and one. I hope that you all enjoy your time off and I will see you at either the Jungle Circuit or at the Exhibition. Sjáumst fljótlega! See you later!

Image HARPA GYLFISDÓTTIR
@IsfruinJR

@00Stefan @AM64 You boys have been nothing but excellent for my other the last few races. I look forward to seeing you back in Peninsula soon!

Image MICHAEL STEFAN
@00Stefan
- - @IsfruinJR

Your welcome, boss. The era of 00 is over, but I look forward to the new era of Stefan-0-7!

#NSSCRA : : #JungleFever : #YQué

Image ALFONSO MERCADO
@AM64
- - @IsfruinJR

Congrats to @Jeremiah_B on your title! I am looking forward to trying to steal it off you next season! :rofl:

Last edited by TJUN-ia on Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSSCRA - JR

UN - U1

The Northern Chinese Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Northern Chinese Republic » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:30 am

Beiyang management was feeling okay, but not great, about the interest they had drummed up for their test drive in Shenyang. They had a few solid prospects, but other drivers had declined or ignored their invitation. Beiyang was especially disappointed that none of the Vangazi drivers were interested, but what could they do? Time went on, and they needed to make something happen with the people they had if they wanted to have a team ready in time for NSSCRA 10.

The track is a short flat oval, pretty basic. It is on the outskirts of Shenyang, a little up the road from Beiyang's offices and factory. There are translators handy if the drivers have any questions. Beiyang's facilities and the buildings around the track are austere and modern with lots of concrete, tile, and glass.

Average lap times from Beiyang's test race:

1 Gongming Gao            17.082
2 Ricky Lee 17.087
3 Jiaguang Hu 17.143
4 Ganglie Zhe 17.455
5 Hui Chen 18.134

The Beiyang people had no idea why Hui Chen was having such trouble handling their car, and Chen complained a lot too. Obviously, he should stick to driving TMWs and/or Darts. The other drivers seemed much more promising. They would make offers to Gongming Gao and Ricky Lee. They told Lee he was welcome to bring his Kanyean sponsors with him, if the sponsors were interested.

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:49 am

Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Tundra Falls, Newmanistan
The Proving Grounds 500

Shawn Pitt, SKYNET Sports 12 commentator: Ten laps to go and we still don't have a clear winner for this final race of the ninth NSSCRA season, guys.
Carl Tanner, fellow commentator: That's right, Shawn. Each of our Championship Four has had their moments up front.
SP: And now you see all of them running 1-2-3-4. River Suzgar, the Shark, in the lead. Liangmei Li second. Stacemiah - that's Stacie Houston and Jeremiah Brooke - third and fourth.
Philip West, guest analyst: And look at that double zero of Michael Stefan in fifth, challenging our title contenders.
CT: Swimming with the big fish, Phil.
SP: Oh, and Brooke just forced his girlfriend into the high side, takes third from him.
CT: Meanwhile, Suzgar trying to hold off Li.

(skip)

PW: Five to go. Still anybody's race.
CT: Are we gonna see a two-time titleholder, or a new addition to the list of champs?
SP: Four drivers from four great teams from four great countries. You couldn't ask for a bigger ending to a big season.
CT: Li drops to fourth as both Brooke and Houston pass her.
SP: Stefan still there, not one of the Championship Four, of coursr.
CT: He's purely fighting for pride here, Shawn.
PW: Now Brooke is creeping up to the Shark, riding his air through turn three.
SP: Are we gonna see some Yeezie magic today?
PW: Three others will be begging to differ.
SP: Suzgar throws a block! Holds off Brooke, but knowing him, he might be back.

(skip)

CT: A couple hundred yards until the white flag. Suzgar and Brooke 1 and 2, Houston and Li 4 and 5. Stefan splitting the Championship Four into pairs.
SP: Brooke's making the pass inside. Hundred yards to go.... now fifty. Twenty....
CT: And he gets him! White flag. New leader, Jeremiah Brooke.

(skip)

SP: Jeremiah Brooke. Fourth, twelfth and fifth in his three previous seasons. Now he's back in the season finale, trying to get that first title.
CT: But River Suzgar ain't gonna let the Yeezie pull away. He's stalking him like a shark.
SP: Turn four. These two still close together.
PW: And Michael Stefan holding his own against the two other championship contenders, Stacie Houston and Liangmei Li.
SP: This is it, the final stretch.
CT: I think Suzgar is trying to find the best moment to strike and beat Brooke to the line.
SP: Could he counter the Yeezie magic?
PW: The other two and Stefan closing in.
CT: Checkered flag in sight.
PW: Shark making a move!
SP: But Brooke blocks him! Start/finish line, here we go....
CT: IT'S BROOKE! HE WINS IT!
SP: The race and the championship!
PW: Jeremiah Brooke, St. Kanye's very own! All hail the new champion!
SP: Suzgar second. Stefan, third. Houston fourth, Li fifth.
CT: Alvarez sixth, that's another Yeezie right there. Stiller seventh in his final race. Allison, Star, YG complete our top ten.
SP: That's the results on your screen, followed by our final points tally.
[race results show up, top ten, then 11-20, and so on; points tally is shown after, also in groups of ten]
CT: Thanks for a great season, everyone.
SP: Yeah, and congrats to our champion.
PW: We'll be back later for more, don't touch that remote.

Brooke had already won the Proving Grounds 500 last season, but this one is sweeter since he captured the title, too. And there was no one crashing at the end to rattle him, so he was able to pose
at the podium, spray his crew with champagne, and do his doughnuts in peace. Stiller may have not gone out on top, but he was still happy that a teammate and fellow Kanyean had accomplished it. After the post-race celebrations, he found Brooke and gave him a bro hug. Alvarez's appearance then turned this into a group hug. She was happy, too. Her thirteenth place points finish is lower than what she had in her other seasons, but it was the best she could get given the circumstances, and she got it. Sage Caldwell, Daryl Calhoun and Ricky Lee also shared in their teammates' joy.

During the awards night, Brooke invited Houston to come to St. Kanye next week for his victory party, which will be held jointly with Stiller's retirement party (a move agreed upon by both sides). It looked to be only a small affair, with only Li and the Jags the only other foreign racers confirming their arrival. Houston may, of course, have her teammates tag along if they want.

Beiyang test track, Shenyang, North China
A day later

Lee left the GFR group early and was not present for the awards night because he caught a flight to North China for the Beiyang auditions. He was expecting numerous other competitors to be there, with the whole process taking several days with several groups of drivers. But then he only saw four others. It was not one group out of many. Only four others came.

The Yeezie figured that he had a higher chance of making it in with less competition, but it was still not a sure thing. He took his practice runs diligently, and it paid off. Eventually Lee would come in second of five in the test race, good enough for him to get an offer for a seat next season. This is it, his shot at the big time. It's what he's always dreamed of, and there was no looking back.

In the days to come, Lee would notify both Beiyang and GFR of his intention to accept the offer; his contract changed hands from the latter to the former for a sum known only to them and him. There came a slight problem with none of his GFR sponsors able to follow him to his new team, but then came the call from Auto Realm, a Kanyean parts shop and custom garage chain that Lee frequented in his street racer days. They wanted to not only be his primary sponsor, but also an associate sponsor of the other cars in the Beiyang stable. Okay, now Lee has a ride and a sponsor. Now, can he adjust to a new country and perform well in a new team? And what about GFR? How is Brooke going handle his newfound status as defending champion? Will Alvarez do better and surpass her first round Chase exit? How capable of a replacement will Caldwell be for Stiller? Who gets the R&D ride? Find out in the next season of the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association!

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19