NATION

PASSWORD

NSSCRA 9- Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:04 am

Mang Dolfo's All Purpose Sauce 299
Autodrom Malachi Augustinsson
Norrdnhammr, Fleftic Antarctica
May 31, 2026

Guillermo Archer walked around his Minchev Bobcat and examined it, from the bodywork to the suspension to the tyres themselves. It was fair to say that neither him nor his team, Manalastas Racing, expected their dominance to suddenly come under threat, especially from a literal newcomer in the form of the Pridnestrovian-born driver Wilhelmina von Cärinthen. The 28-year-old driver had arrived at the scene a complete unknown, taking a seat in the newly formed Minchev Racing Team, the works team for the long-time chassis supplier for the Abanhfleft Racing Truck Series. And, for lack of a better word, Cärinthen was doing in her rookie season everything that Gil Archer had done in his rookie season. The Fleftic motorsports community was quickly abuzz about how this upstart driver in the upstart team was mounting a challenge against one of the behemoths of ARTS in Manalastas Racing, and there were the inevitable comparisons between Archer and Cärinthen.

One such comparison was the fact that Cärinthen was a pay driver while Archer was part of a rare and rapidly dwindling breed in ARTS: the sponsored driver. It was a sad fact of life in ARTS that money now made that business go round; in fact, the joke was that every driver on the grid was a pay driver because the series required an entry fee every season. Motorsports had never been much of a thing in Abanhfleft, and critics loved to point out that this "pay to drive" system of ARTS was one of the contributing factors to the continued lack of interest in motorsports at the grassroots level. Passion for racing simply wasn't enough to get you into the game; you had to be rich enough to afford the entrance fee or have someone pay the fee for you. For many racing enthusiasts, this fact about ARTS would be quite surprising as motorsports was oftentimes "the sport of the people" in certain areas. Not in Abanhfleft, sadly.

When Guillermo Archer won the ARTS title last season, it was seen as vindication that a driver who was actually passionate about the sport could still make it big in the series. Never mind that Marvin Manalastas basically took Gil under his wing; in fact, Archer's supporters pointed to this to show that all it was needed for a potential champion to make it into ARTS was to catch the eye of someone who was both rich and interested in the sport.

Wilma von Cärinthen's path to ARTS was much more different. She heard that Minchev needed drivers for its works team, and she negotiated her way into a seat after agreeing to help fund the team with her royal inheritance. That alone made her little different from all the other pay drivers lining up on the grid in ARTS for the 2026 season, but then Cärinthen revealed that she had actual race pace, and she showed that pace consistently enough to become part of the conversation of those drivers seeking to dethrone Gil Archer.

And it was here in Norrdnhammr that things were finally about to come to a head. Cärinthen had been playing catch-up to the boys in Manalastas since the start of the season, but here at the Mang Dolfo's 299 if she finished higher than Archer then she was going to take the lead. And Gil was not yet sure that he wanted to see that happen now, if at all.

"Someone doesn't look very happy today," Brandon Manalastas, Gil's teammate and the son of Manalastas Racing team owner Marvin Manalastas said as he entered Gil's garage.

"You telling me you'd be happy if you had to defend your championship lead from twenty places down?" Gil shot back, but he had a humorous tone in his voice.

"Hey, man, I've done worse," Brandon laughed. "I've tried to defend a lead from the back. Like literally."

"And, if I recall correctly, you actually lost it anyway," Gil said.

"Not my best moment, I'll admit," Brandon shrugged. "If it's any comfort to you, we're gonna start this race right next to each other."

"Comfort? It's the literal dealbreaker!" Gil laughed, and Brandon could only shake his head and laugh alongside his teammate.

"Yeah, you're right," Brandon admitted. "But it could be worse. You could be starting right next to Masaki."

"Yeah, speaking of Masaki, where the hell is he?" Gil asked.

Right on schedule, a bunch of mechanics from the Manalastas garage ran over to the neighboring garage of the Duisdorf works team. "Hey, knock it off! Not today! Not right now!" someone was shouting. And there he was, Masaki Inoue getting into fisticuffs with Ulf Arvidsson, one of the Duisdorf drivers and someone whom Inoue had had a contentious history with.

Gil Archer lifted his eyebrows at Brandon Manalastas as if to say there he is. Brandon just shook his head and said, "Same shit, different day."

"Jesus Christ! How the hell am I supposed to get through all of this!?" Gil Archer demanded to know through the radio as he stared at the massive pack of trucks in front of him.

"Hey, Gil, you're the driver, man," James Santiago replied. "That's your job to figure out."

"Oh, fuck off!" Gil muttered, and then he focused on actually trying to drive his truck through the pack. The act of actually driving through the pack wasn't the thing that annoyed Gil though; no, that was seeing the black-and-red #98 of Wilma von Cärinthen running ahead of the pack without so much as a care in the world about what was happening behind her.

Still, at least Gil had some room to move around in. His teammate Brandon Manalastas was stuck right in the middle of the pack with nowhere to go. He couldn't overtake; he couldn't take the inside or outside line; heck, he couldn't even slow down a little because of all the trucks behind him. In fact, Brandon's crew chief had been advising him to keep his cool and wait for the pack to break up once the lead runners in it got a little bit further and opened up a gap or two.

"Guys, I think something is flying off of the 04," Brandon called out. "Shit, is that rubber?"

Before someone could give Brandon an answer, the rear right tyre of the 04 truck burst, sending shards of rubber into the path of the trucks in its immediate vicinity. There was a big cloud of smoke as trucks braked to avoid the debris on the track, and everything disappeared in the cloud. Suddenly, a purple truck burst through the cloud, flying through the air and headed straight for one of the stands in the autodrome. And if it weren't for the safety fencing surrounding the track, the truck could very well have smashed into the stands and killed many people. As it was though, the fence kept the spectators safe, but the truck itself fell back to the track. Luckily, the biggest pack had already passed it by before it landed, and one more truck swerved around it, but another truck wasn't so lucky.

"Jesus!" Gil Archer exclaimed when the purple truck landed right in front of him. He braked first, and then he tried to turn his truck away from the wreck, but his reflexes failed him and he sideswiped the wrecked truck. "Fuck! What the hell just happened there!?"

"It's a fucking mess, Gil, I know," James Santiago told him. "Safety car is out, safety car is out. Is there anything wrong with your car? Do you want to come in?"

"Yeah, sure, I think I might," Gil replied. "Get me half a can of fuel and some left side tyres. I might have a puncture or whatever when I hit that truck."

"Copy," James nodded. "We're ready for you."

Gil took his truck into the pit lane, along with at least a dozen other drivers. As the mechanics jumped the wall to replace his tyres and top up his fuel, he asked, "Where's Brandon? He was right in the middle of the pack last I saw him."

"Not right now, Gil," James said. "We'll talk later, okay?"

"Yo, what the fuck? What's all this about? What's with the hush-hush and whatever?" Gil wondered.

"Like I said, we'll talk about this later," James repeated, and this time there was something in his tone that convinced Gil not to push the matter. The driver of the #69 truck just shook his head in resignation and drove off once the mechanics were done.

But once Gil was back on track, James called him. "Gil, sorry for all the secrecy and shit back there," he said. "And there's no easy way to say this, but remmeber that truck you sideswiped before you came in?"

"Yeah," Gil replied, but even then he already knew what was about to come. "That was Brandon, wasn't it?"

"Unfortunately, yeah," James muttered. "He wasn't moving or doing anything even when the paramedics came for him."

"Shit! Fuck!" Gil cried out. Brandon Manalastas was one of the few drivers in ARTS whom Guillermo Archer considered as a close friend. "Are you telling me I killed him?"

"No, no, nobody's saying the K word just yet," James cautioned. "The docs still found a pulse in him, but he's not responding to much else."

"Jesus," Gil muttered. "I'm coming in. I'm retiring."

"Why? Is there something wrong with the car?"

"Nope, nothing wrong," Gil replied. "I just don't want to continue this race any more."

"But the championship!" James said.

"Fuck the championship! The rich bitch can win it for all I care!" Gil shouted back. "I'm retiring the car and I'm going with Brandon to the hospital, and that's final!"

Kardashia Chadwick Dealers 400
Kardashia Autoring
Kardashia, Saint Kanye
Present day

"All right, Gil, the start is coming up soon," James Santiago reported. "Make sure to keep your eyes open because some of these other guys might not react as quickly as you."

"Yeah, about that," Guillermo Archer said. "Who the heck is around me right now?"

"Leo Baxter is on your right rear quarter, and it's Kai Qiang right behind you," James said.

"Ooh," Gil muttered. "This is gonna be very interesting."

But despite his own words, nothing much happened between Archer and Qiang in the first laps of the race. But once Gil approached the first turn, he suddenly called out on the radio, "There's debris on the track!"

"What? Where?" James asked.

"Right in front of me, man!" Gil cried out. "Fuck! I'm gonna run over it if I don't stop!" And apparently without waiting for permission from anyone to do so, Gil stepped on the brakes. It was just a light tap, just enough to slow him down and give him a better chance of avoiding the "debris" in front of him. But it was also enough for Qiang behind him to tap his brakes as well.

"Yo! What the fuck!" Wilma von Cärinthen exclaimed. Her car was behind Qiang. "Qiang just brake-tested me!"

"Willie, he had to," Deckard Sullivan explained to her. "Archer brake-tested Qiang, complaining about debris on the track in front of him or some shit."

"Debris? What debris? Nobody's shedding debris here, not this early," Wilma muttered. She knew the real reason why Archer brake-checked Qiang, but there was no way that she was going to talk about it out loud on the radio; not with the whole multiverse listening.

Image GUILLERMO RODOLFO ARCHER
@ItsGilArcher69

Big ups to @StacieHouston27 for winning in Kardashia! Now let's see you hold on to the lead all the way.

#NSSCRA : #ChadwickDealers400

Image WILHELMINA DEMETER VON CÄRINTHEN
@queertrucker1998

Way to go @StacieHouston27! Let's show the multiverse what it means to drive like a girl!

#NSSCRA : #ChadwickDealers400 : #GirlsCanDrive : #DriveLikeAGirl

Image LESTER LEONIDAS BAXTER
@The_Leo_Baxter_420

So close to my 1st ever NSSCRA win but @StacieHouston27 deserves it. Second place is still nice though!

#NSSCRA : #ChadwickDealers00 : #SecondPlaceIsStillAPodiumPlace
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:27 am

(Phone conversation between Kevin Cosgrove and Shellshock Batteries CEO)

Cosgrove: Hello, sir. I have to tell you something.

Shellshock: What is it?

Cosgrove: I have decided that I do not wish to return to the car for NSSCRA in the future after this season. Thank you for the great sponsorship that you have provided me. It is just not fun to drive at the back of the pack. I want to focus on racing at home.

Shellshock: It has been a pleasure having you in the car, but are you sure this is something that you want to do? We can try to improve your situation.

Cosgrove: We’ve peaked. This is as high as we are going to get. You have tried anything everything that you could and I really appreciate that. The other teams are better, I have accepted that but I also don’t wish to drive for another country like Lexi did or some of the other movement that is going on.

Shellshock: We appreciate that you have made your decision, then.

Cosgrove: I have, this is the best way to go out for me. I wish I could have won at this level, but I am ready to accept the fact that I have been able to run in this series for as long as I have. There have been a lot of great moments, and I have seen a lot of places around the world that I would have not been able to see. I have raced against the best. It is an honor to be able to say that. Like I said, though, it’s a chore now and not fun.

Shellshock: Thank you for driving for us and representing the brand.

Cosgrove: It has been a pleasure. I will never use another battery, ever.

Shellshock: We will still be here for you for any domestic decision you make.

Shellshock Batteries has applied for the open charter for Lexi Patterson in the #34 car. It will feature the Shellshock logo on the hood, but otherwise have all her logos from Jebslund on the vehicle in spots.

Starlight Suites Driver Knockout Bracket:
(6) Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 54.1% def (3) River Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 45.9%
(2) Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 60.6% def (7) Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 39.4%

Next Vote:
(1) Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) vs (4) Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)
(2) Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) vs (6) Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)
Last edited by Hampton Island on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:45 am

In a race called the Kardashia Chadwick Dealers 400, who would have a great day but the Kardashia-based team's Chadwicks and their drivers. Thea Alvarez led 42 of 178 laps and took third place. Jeremiah Brooke led 45, finishing fourth. Skip Stiller led 29, ending up seventh. Even Glorious Free Republic Motorsports' R&D driver, Sage Caldwell, spent time in front, five laps to be exact. He placed twelfth.

However, it was Cassadagan Stacie Houston, driving a Blaze, who would take the W and take the first seat in the Championship Four. Brooke, Houston's close friend and rival, wasted no time in congratulating her for her performance and the battle they had up front. "You might feel I'm being repetitive here, but what do you expect? Whenever we two meet on the track and have to fight for position, there's never a dull moment", he said. "Oh, and why don't you join us for some drinks? You know, since you were with us last week for my victory celebration, now it's my turn to treat you. Thea's podium, my top five, Skip's top ten, heck, even Sage's top fifteen - there's a whole lot to be happy about today."

While that statement held true, there was also a lot to be serious about for the next couple of races. Brooke believed that anything could happen (in fact, what Kanyean athlete doesn't?) and even if he's currently second among the eight remaining Chasers, his position is still not safe, and so he'd have to win or at least get as many points as possible. Stiller, on the other hand, is one of six contenders within three points of each other. He wants a performance that would separate him from the pack - for better, not for worse. And with their competition including such heavyweights as Kai Qiang and River Suzgar, these tasks won't be easy. Meanwhile, Alvarez has stopped mentally beating herself up for not doing better and losing her shot at the title. The talk with WGP2 champ Abdoulaye Goita certainly helped. Well, there's still one title that she's very much in contention in - Starlight Suites' Driver Knockout Bracket.

"Hey, look!" she told her teammates at the garage area after the 400. "I'm paired against Stacie in the semis. I won't be beaten this time!"

"Cool, and it looks like I'm facing Qiang", responded Brooke. "Hey, since we both made it this far, why don't we make a few more appearances for the fans while we're at home?"

"Rub it in, why don't ya?" said Stiller, who got out-voted by Houston in the quarterfinals of the popularity poll. "I know Stacie's got the edge over me popularity-wise, but still, thirty-nine percent? Where did all the Skippers go? This should be a closer result."

"Skippers?" asked a confused Goita.

"Ya know, his term for his supporters", explained Caldwell. "See also: Alvarez Army, and Jeremaniacs. Hey, that's one edge you guys have over your competition, you have cool names for your fanbases."

"Whoever wins though, that makes for one hell of a final", said GFR prospect Daryl Calhoun. "See, you've got a potential all-Yeezie matchup; Stacemiah; a battle of past champs; and.... um...." Calhoun counted out the possibilities on his fingers. "Oh yeah, yeah. Hauler neighbors. Imagine Thea and Qiang holding their meet and greets next to each other."

"Seems a stretch, Daryl, but okay", Alvarez spoke. "Wait, Jeremiah, where are you going?"

"Signing merch at the Vylet booth."

"Let me come too and throw my support on you, occasional hauler neighbor", said Caldwell.

"Then it's settled", was Stiller's response. "You two go together, while I'll be backing Thea."

"Thanks, Skip."

While his teammates are talking among themselves, Ricky Lee, another prospect, was looking at his phone. He had just gotten an email from North Chinese automaker Beiyang inviting him to join the team they're setting up for the next NSSCRA season. Lee felt that he was on the list of potential recruits due to his North Chinese roots, but the thing is, he'd never even been there and cannot speak the language. Still, he found this a good opportunity to break into the top level of international stock car racing faster than if he remained at GFR and its already stacked roster.

So he informed GFR about his decision to audition for Beiyang at season's end, citing it as an opportunity to grow as a racer. The reply was simple: GFR will not send Lee to North China themselves, but he can still go provided he pays for airfare out of his own pocket. If he gets picked, then GFR will work out a deal to have Beiyang buy him out from them, but if not, then he must stay. Lee himself was fine with that, as not being selected would mean that he's not ready for the big time yet.

(OOC: Brooke's twii is after Guilin; Stiller's and Alvarez's are after Kardashia.)

ImageJEREMIAH BROOKE
@Jeremiah_B

What a way to celebrate victory here in Guilin! World Cup watch party with @GTAVII, @StacieHouston27 and our respective teams!

#GuangxiTelecom400 : #NSSCRA : #WC85 : #RCNvCDG

ImageSKIP STILLER
@SkipStill3r

Congrats on the runner up @The_Leo_Baxter_420! Looks like you had yourself more of the good vibes you sent me before the race haha

Sent from my Pencurve Apex IV

#ChadwickDealers400 : #NSSCRA : #SecondPlaceIsStillAPodiumPlace

ImageTHEA ALVAREZ
@Luna_Althea

@Jeremiah_B @StacieHouston27 @QK98 While you three are focused on the championship, I hope you don't mind me running off with Most Popular Driver :p

#NSSCRA : #StarlightDriverKnockoitBracket : #AlvarezArmy
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:47 am

Back to the championship,
by Stacie Houston, Driver #27 Five Star Mobile Blaze

Thanks for reading again as we continue to get closer to the end of the season. We were able to pick up a big win at the Kardashia Chadwick Dealers 400, running hard against some drivers that we are used to seeing at the front as well as a driver that has not had many opportunities to race there. It was intense, but in the end, I am able to celebrate this big victory in the Five Star Mobile Blaze with every member of my team. Perhaps more importantly, this assures us our spot in the championship four. With the points being so close from third to eight after one race, there is not going to be any room for error. I am happy that these next two races can be more about having fun then worrying about the points.

It would be an honor to become the third two time champion in the series. There are a few of us who still have a chance to do this, and I just want to give a shout out here to Chip Woods. The man from The Babbage Islands, who won the first two championships that NSSCRA contested should not be forgotten about. There is a lot that is different about the series now, being a lot more competitive and all. Chip Woods was a great champion, and I remembered reading about him and Kirsten Hopkins, who drove for us and the battles that they would have. Eventually, driving in NSSCRA allowed Chip and Kirsten to become very close and they took their friendship to a new level, to beginning a relationship and then the eventual marriage. That sentence will open up a can of worms here for me as I mention “Chirsten” (a term that was never used back then and I just made up right now) but like I said, we have had already had a two time champion in NSSCRA. Following his lead would be something I would like to do, which is a sentence that I know a lot of media outlets are going to take a different angle on, and that is fine. Go ahead and do it. I don’t know the relationship of Woods and Hopkins got started in the first couple years of NSSCRA. Eventually Kirsten moved to The Babbage Islands and we did not hear about her much in Cassadaigua again. I was never able to meet her.

Being able to rest now is nice. We are still going out there, obviously, but with no pressure on us. It is a very long season, and I would not mind it if NSSCRA cut down on the number of races for next season. It is not like racing at home in a series. All the wear and tear of international and interregional travel takes its toll, meaning you are able to spend less time with your family. Or in my case, be able to start one. You can only say so many times that your race team is your family. They are, but there is more out there. Maybe one day. But first, there is a championship to win.

Team Cassadaigua is applying for the open charter for Maddie Alexander in the #29, using Tyler Abbott's SubHouse paint scheme.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hapilopper » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:06 pm

Amanda McAlister’s Office, the Team Blue Shop, Hapilopper City
A day after the race in Saint Kanye
Amanda McAlister, the team principal for Team Blue, was not in a good mood. It had nothing to do with what had happened on the race track, but it had everything to do with what happened off it, more specifically, the physical altercation that happened between Drake Stevenson and Chris Holmes before the race in Kardashia. Amanda was in a closed-door meeting with Drake, asking for his side of the story. It was the kind of meeting that would get anyone nervous – the fear of getting written up for a disciplinary issue was very real for Drake, who tried to stay on his best behavior.

“Look, Holmes shoved me and I responded,” Drake said. “What am I supposed to do?”

“Be the bigger man, Stevenson,” Amanda replied. “I get it. Holmes is annoying. We dated for a few months. I got tired of him too. But that doesn’t mean you punch the guy or hurt him. If you want to wreck him, find a different way to do it.”

“You have any ideas?” Drake asked.

“I don’t know, and I’m not going to help you,” Amanda replied. “This is your battle, not mine.”

“You know, I could see if I could get a plane to drag a banner at the Fortress Run,” Drake thought out loud. “I’ve still got his phone number. ‘For a good time, call Christina Holmes,’ and then put his number there.”

Amanda chuckled then shook her head disapprovingly.

“Stevenson, I’m pretty sure you’d have to clear that with the authorities in Jebslund and in Kermania first,” Amanda said. “It’s a great idea, but I’d imagine Chris might get wind of whatever stunt you’re trying to pull. If you want to ‘wreck’ him, do something that will catch people by surprise.”

“I could try to coordinate with Kai Qiang to put some sort of wild animal in Chris’s bed wherever he’s staying in Jebslund,” Drake theorized. “I bet Qiang’s still sour over the iguana incident last year.”

“And Qiang’s probably concentrating entirely on a title race,” Amanda interrupted. “I’d imagine he still is pissed off over the iguana incident. But there’s a time and a place, and now’s not the time to try to bother him.”

“Fair point,” Drake thought. “But there’s got to be something I can do.”

Andrew’s Pub, Hapilopper City
That evening
The three Team Blue drivers – Drake Stevenson, Taylor Henderson and Frank Bronson – were having a few beers and talking about their race in Saint Kanye the day before. At the same time, the three were brainstorming ideas for getting back at Chris Holmes for the incident that happened before the race.

“You know, you could fly that banner over downtown Hapilopper City or downtown Halsted,” Frank opined.

“Yeah, but I want to do it where all the NSSCRA is watching,” Drake said. “I want to get the entire paddock laughing at Chris. They might miss it if it’s a plane flying over one of the cities. That’s why I wanted to fly that banner over the Fortress Run.”

“You know, you could spray-paint stuff all over the other teams’ stuff and then pin it on Holmes,” Taylor suggested.

“Nah, I don’t want to get him arrested or hurt,” Drake said. “I just want to do something stupid that will get everyone to laugh at him and make him the laughingstock of the series.”

Just then, they overheard some stodgy-looking person lamenting what he did for a living. He was apparently a records keeper for the Hapiloppian government and whatever he was doing was nowhere near enough to impress the other people at the bar.

“So you’re an ex-race car driver. You pour drinks. The girls over there sell skincare products. Nobody thinks what I do is interesting.”

Drake looked over at the man.

“What do you do, pal?” Drake asked him.

The man looked back at the three sitting at the booth behind him – the somewhat chunky Stevenson, the nerdy Henderson and the slim Bronson, and almost felt embarrassed.

“I maintain records for the Hapiloppian government,” the man explained. “I make sure all the vital information for our government’s institutions are correct.”

“Frank, move over and give this guy some space. We’ll buy you a beer, dude. What kind of information?”

“Well, like our national animal, our currency, our national leader and stuff like that,” the man replied. “I have to put that information out to every single nation in the multiverse, you know?”

Frank looked at the man like this sounded like the most uninteresting thing he could have heard, and then looked towards Taylor, who was thinking the same thing. But the gears were turning in Drake’s head.

“So how many nations are there in the multiverse?” Drake asked. “Just curious.”

The man looked down at his phone to get the exact figure from the last email he had received from World Census officials.

“Let me see… 210,881,” the man replied. “And they’re from all walks of life. Some, like ours, consist largely of drunk idiots. Others are sentient horses. Some reside on a 19th century naval steamship. Others revere their national leader like he’s a literal god. Some live up in the highest of mountains, while others live down in the lowest valleys. I could have sworn there was one nation that consisted of sentient kitchen appliances, but that might have been the green I had that night.”

Frank and Taylor again looked at each other, but this time with a look of disbelief.

“There’s thousands of nations out there, sir. Why do you ask?”

“So does this information get broadcasted?” Drake asked.

“Well, our factbook changes,” the man said. “Not a lot of people really pay attention to it, but if, say, something like the national animal or something got changed to something strange, then it might catch some people’s attention.”

A massive smile went over Drake’s face. Frank, looking over at him, got worried. His eyes went wide, and he shook his head.

“Stevenson, what are you thinking?”

“Sir, my name’s Drake Stevenson,” Drake said. “I compete in the NSSCRA series, the biggest auto racing series in the multiverse. Frank Bronson is sitting next to you and Taylor Henderson is sitting next to me. We are all race car drivers, and we were curious how easy it was to change one of those figures.”

“Pleased to meet you. My name’s Ben Sandford,” the man said. “I wouldn’t recommend changing those figures because I’d like to keep my job, but it’s easy to do.”

“You just said your job was boring, man,” Drake said. “How easy is it to change those figures? Come on, I’ll buy you a beer and I’m sure Team Blue has an opening for you.”

“In fairness, I’m not really that much into auto racing,” Ben replied. “But what do they have?”

“Well, I’m sure there’s a few records positions you could get at the team.”

Either way, that was the start of a very interesting night for the Team Blue drivers and their new friend. The bar bill from that night was so high, it wound up covering all of Andrew’s expenses for the next month. The fact that Drake wound up buying three rounds for the entire bar didn’t help matters any either.

Chris Holmes’ apartment, Halsted, Wreckeria
The next morning
Halsted was several time zones behind Hapilopper City, and the sun had yet to rise where Chris Holmes was living. Somewhat surprisingly, Chris’s phone started blowing up almost as if something had happened back home. And it did, but it wasn’t anything like he was fearing. In fact, it was nowhere near what he had feared.

“Is this Chris Holmes?” an unfamiliar voice asked on the other end of the phone.

“Yeah, who the fuck is this?” Chris groggily responded.

“This is Roland Eustis with the Hapilopper City Herald, I was wondering if you had a minute to answer a few questions,” the other end of the line responded. “It concerns the national animal of Hapilopper.”

“Excuse me, what?” Chris asked. “Is this a joke?”

“Well, we were wondering the same thing,” Eustis replied. “We got a message over the wire service an hour ago that a ‘Chris Holmes, fatassus dumbassinus’ was listed by the Hapiloppian government as the new national animal of the country. I was wondering if you had a comment.”

“Excuse me?” Chris asked, now awake and rather angry. “Fatass dumbass? You wake me up to insult me? Go fuck yourself!”

Holmes hung up the phone, but more people started calling, and Chris didn’t have the foggiest idea what this was about, so he checked out twii.tur. To his surprise, either everyone was in on the joke, or this wasn’t a joke.

Image HAPILOPPER CITY HERALD
@HCHerald

#BREAKING: Federal officials are uncertain about how @CHolmes81, aka "Fatassus dumbassinus," was named the new national animal of Hapilopper.

#NSSCRA : #Holmesgate

Image H-SPORTS
@H-Sports

#BREAKING: Former @TeamBlue driver @CHolmes81 named new National Animal of Hapilopper.

Image TEAM BLUE
@TeamBlue

At this time, we have no comment. But we do love the name "Fatassus dumbassinus."

Chris threw his phone at his bed. He knew that when he went to Jebslund that weekend to be with the Hawking-Byrd team, he’d have to pay the Team Blue Center a visit. It was the only thing he could think of.

(OOC: Credit goes to TJUN-ia for the idea for the name.)
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

NSSCRA 9 - RdC7- NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Round 3-1

Postby Vilita and Turori » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:55 pm

Chase Rd. 3 Race #1 Top Scores

1 [171] :: @PinkHKluvs2718

2 [169] :: @Filly_Gurl27

3 [168] :: @FujiKYK22

4 [167] :: @MeghanWolcottOfficial

5 [155] :: @ceeptrainer2

Season Event #33 Top Scores

1 [177] :: @melvin_tha_gr8

2 [175] :: @Kristen01SH

3 [171] :: @PinkHKluvs2718

4 [170] :: @King_Of_The_Mountain

5 [160] :: @MeghanWolcottOfficial

[align=center]Full Season Standings Event 33 of 35

1 [4064] :: @Filly_Gurl27

2 [3996] :: @PinkHKluvs2718

3 [3825] :: @SurfinSummer

4 [3781] :: @MeghanWolcottOfficial

5 [3770] :: @eelcat827

6 [3746] :: @Ametza014

7 [3704] :: @FujiKYK22

8 [3563] :: @jaqeplanst

9 [3473] :: @easternrac

10 [3420] :: @melvin_tha_gr8

With Final Rosters locked the eight remaining competitors in the Vilita & Turori Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Challenge had done all they could to put themselves in a position to be among the final four in contention for the title of Playoff Chase Challenge Champion. After a lacklustre performance over the first two events of the second round of the Chase, the Cassadaiguan duo of @Filly_Gurl27 and @PinkHKluvs2718 who had dominated during the regular season, had found their form to take over the rounds final event and secure passage through to the Round of 8. Of course owing to their twii.tur handles, @Filly_Gurl27 and @PinkHKluvs2718 often have their own success tied to the performances of Cassadaigua's former NSSCRA Champion Stacie Houston and Glorious Free Republic Motorpsports driver Jeremiah Brooke. With both drivers posting Top 5 finishes in the Kardashia Chadwick Dealers 400 at the Kardashia Autoring in Saint Kanye, it was not surprising to see Jessica Reynolds and Hannah Kennedy at the top of the board in the V&T Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Challenge.

For the second consecutive event it was @PinkHKluvs2718 edging out @Filly_Gurl27 for the top spot with Hannah Kennedy beating her 'Dagan rival to secure the first of four spots in the Championship Round. It was a hotly contested round with the top 4 performers separated by just 4 points with @Filly_Gurl27 just two points back followed by the Filindostani participant @FujiKYK22 one point back and one further point back to @MeghanWolcottOfficial - the third participant from Cassadaigua. There was less luck on the day for the two participants from Tropicorp as @ceeptrainer2 and @rubbers finished the event 12 and 15 points out of the Top 4 respectively and, along with bottom finishers @eelcar827 and @melvin_tha_gr8 will need big performances in the final two events in order to find a way to break through to the championship round.

Of course, over in the NSSCRA, with Stacie Houston's victory in the Kardashia Chadwick Dealers 400 the Cassadaiguan became the first of four driver to clinch their spot in the Championship Four. After being left out one season ago the NSSCRA Season 7 Champion will look to become the first two-time NSSCRA Champion of the modern era. Two other former champions are still in the hunt, however, with River 'Shark' Suzgar II having finished 9th in Kardashia and Kai Qiang 14th, only Houston is currently in position to earn that honor at the Proving Grounds 500. On account of his four wins during the season, Kai Qiang is still well positioned inside the Top 4 with two races to go in the Round of 8 but the standings are extremely tight with the eigth place driver, rookie Guillermo Archer of UrGa Motorsports, just 2 points back of the third place Qiang. Smack in the middle of that grouping just one point out is Suzgar who will be piloting the #14 Vilaye Energy Drink at the Kermania Fortress Run in Jebslund. The Fortress Run was one of two changes to the Chase Schedule for NSSCRA Season 9 replacing the race at Die Landschaftlich Schöne Strecke much to the chagrin of drivers from the Vilitan Cove region. During NSSCRA Season 8 it was Team Tropicorp driver Cocoabo #28 who took the checkered flag at Die Landschaftlich Schöne Strecke while one season earlier during NSSCRA Season 7 it was Vilita and Turori Motorsports driver Centur Tiones who upset the applecart with a victory in the Jebslunder Chase event.

The Kermania Fortress Run had been a staple of the NSSCRA Regular Season since NSSCRA Season 6 but has never been an event that was kind to the fortunes of Vilita & Turori Motorsports drivers. While Yraaga Gilli'i does have a pole position in NSSCRA Season 8 and a runner-up finish in the Inagural Fortress Run on their record, no other Vilita & Turori Motorsports entry has posted a finish better than 10th in the Fortress Run. At this point in the season with a spot in the Championship 4 on the line, River "Shark" Suzgar II is going to have to improve on their career best finish of 14th at the Jebslunder track to somehow squeeze out a Top 5 finish or even a victory on what is historically one of their worst tracks among those that have been on the schedule for three or more seasons. It is a similar situation for Suzgar at the final event of the penultimate Round of the Chase as the NSSCRA Season 6 champion will have to find an unexpected burst of speed and a handful of luck or else Vilita & Turori Motorsports could be left without a driver in the Championship 4 for the first time in the history of the NSSCRA Chase format.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:46 pm

Race: Kermania Fortress Run, Kermania Citadel, Jebslund (Road Course)
Lap Record: 35.000 sec.

Qualifying Results:
1 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)                                35.312
2 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 35.321
3 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 35.363
4 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 35.368
5 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 35.373
6 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 35.397
7 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 35.412
8 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 35.413
9 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 35.429
10 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 35.431
11 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 35.435
12 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 35.471
13 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 35.476
14 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 35.488
15 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 35.526
16 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 35.563
17 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 35.599
18 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 35.612
19 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 35.628
20 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 35.648
21 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 35.649
22 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 35.739
23 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 35.800
24 #34- Lexi Patterson (Hampton Island) 35.855
25 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 35.863
26 #29- Maddie Alexander (Cassadaigua) 35.882
27 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 35.909
28 #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) *Q* 35.998
29 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 36.034
30 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 36.042
31 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 36.048
32 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 36.073
33 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 36.120
34 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 36.125
35 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 36.191
36 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 36.212
37 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 36.218
38 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 36.222
39 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 36.377

40 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 36.574
41 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 36.710
42 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 36.761
43 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) *Q* 36.920
44 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 37.479
45 #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) 37.568
46 #32- Waltteri Lehto (The Albali Republic) *Q* 37.612
47 #50- Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) *Q* 37.646
48 #53- Teija Kuusela (The Albali Republic) *Q* 37.648
49 #26- Roger Bipacks (Bolgano) *Q* 37.683
50 #09- Daniel Cretton (Bolgano) *Q* 37.692
51 #04- Félix-Antoine Constantineau (Terre Septentrionale) *Q* 37.693

52 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 37.694
53 #75- Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) *Q* 37.695
54 #55- Rosalie Presseault-Espinoza (Terre Septentrionale) *Q* 37.764
55 #25- Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) *Q* 37.779
56 #35- Melissa Nilis (Bolgano) *Q* 37.782
57 #57- Gordon Orton (Appalachian Nation) *Q* 37.821
Last edited by Newmanistan on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:27 pm

शेर्वी | 中文 |English

Two Dead in Devastating Landslide at Li River Speedway
By Li Chong

IRACT offers our thoughts and prayers to the loved ones of Tuo Yong and Xi Changchang, who were killed Tuesday afternoon in a landslide at Li River Speedway. A cliff overlooking the southwest part of the track collapsed, causing extensive damage. The Tuo family home was completely destroyed, along with a section of track and other structures.

IRACT and the Ministry of Culture are currently evaluating the extent of the damage and the risk of further landslides. It is uncertain at this time when the Li River Speedway will be able to reopen.

A second family has been evacuated from their home until experts confirm whether it is safe to return.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:03 am

As much as it was good to be home in St. Kanye, the drivers of Glorious Free Republic Motorsports had the remainder of the NSSCRA season to deal with, and so they said their goodbyes to their families and friends before jetting off to Jebslund for the Kermania Fortress Run. Thea Alvarez and Skip Stiller were both busy with their phones while in the air, the former listening to her favorite pop and dance music and the latter playing a puzzle game. Jeremiah Brooke, on the other hand, was once again deep in thought. However, this time, the title isn't the only thing on his mind.

The day earlier, he was browsing the internet in his hotel room, reading his fellow driver Stacie Houston's blog. Brooke liked the blog. He always looked forward to new posts in it, and appreciated the little shout-outs he occasionally got, but this was the first time that a post really spoke to him.

Houston wrote about wanting to follow the example of Chip Woods from the Babbage Islands, who took the first two NSSCRA titles. A true legend of the sport. Woods, it turns out, had many legendary battles with another driver, Kirsten Hopkins, Houston's fellow Cassadagan, which led them to become closer, befriend each other, and eventually.....

Wait, why does that sound familiar, not to mention similar to something that is going on right now?

Legendary battles.

Eventual friendship.

A 'Dagan driver.

A combined moniker.

One that Houston just coined for her article, but still. Chip and Kirsten became "Chirsten". The pre-Chase era's version of "Stacemiah". Him - Jeremiah - and Stacie. Friends, like Chip and Kirsten were. But those two became a couple.

Brooke had the feeling that when Houston said that she wanted to be like Woods, she isn't just talking about his titles.

Jebslund was proof that a militaristic country isn't always a hostile one. The Yeezies' hotel may have looked like barracks to some degree, but the staff welcomed them warmly, and the food was plentiful and delicious, so it was all good. They toured the surrounding areas, taking interest in even the urban areas due to tanks and kerbals replacing the usual cars and humans. Stiller wore a loud pink floral shirt, Brooke his St. Kanye Surge jacket (purple and lime), and Alvarez a bright yellow dress, ensuring that they won't get lost among the grays and olive greens. This also made them easier for interview-hungry reporters to spot, however.

Alvarez, on the upcoming race: "I'm looking forward to it, of course, and hoping for a good outcome for me and both of my Chase-bound teammates. It's kinda sad that Eva, Vanda or even Sofia (local drivers, all surnamed Kerman) won't be there though, I mean, we have to understand that their team had to fold before the season is over, and I don't hold it against them, but I really hope to see them back next season. Lexi (Patterson, the fourth Jebslund team member) got a chance to still race, and I'm happy for her and thankful that Hampton Island Racing was able to give her that chance."

Stiller, on Kevin Cosgrove announcing his retirement: "Kevin is a great guy with a lot of potential. His results don't really reflect what he can do. He'd be a fine acquisition for another country's team for sure, but he doesn't want to go that route and I kinda get where he's coming from with that. Good luck to him in his retirement and future plans, and hope this isn't the last we'll hear of him. As for who gets the 22 after him, that's still too early to speculate about if you ask me. The season's not even over."

Brooke, on the Li River Speedway landslide: "That is saddening indeed. Sure, it didn't happen while we were there, but I wouldn't say that was a good thing. People still died. My heart goes out to the family and friends of those who died or were otherwise affected and I shall think of them in my prayers."

That night, Brooke opened a donation page for the victims of the landslide, which got to almost 100,000 Coinyes (NS$200,000) in twenty-four hours. Hyde Medical Group pledged a donation of a million Coinyes (NS$2 million) plus equipment, while Pencurve Electronics gave 1.5 million Coinyes (NS$3 million). Vylet, Rich Discount Stores, and QED Car Rentals gave 500,000 Coinyes (NS$1 million) apiece, for another million and a half (NS$3 million). As for the GFR trio themselves, they all vowed to give 10% of their Jebslund winnings to the cause.

"Hey, Stacie, it's Jeremiah. You know, I.... I read your blog, I mean, I regularly do. I read your last post, and I was thinking, you know, that Chirsten stuff, and I might be overthinking this, but um.... that kinda parallels the relationship we have with each other, personally, I think. But.... yeah, you know, if you really want to take this whole thing to the next level..... well, I was kinda thinking that too, but I didn't know when was the right time for me to say that, but now that you did, I'm comfortable with that.... it was kinda, either I say it or you say it, and you said it already, so..... there we go. I'm all for it. Dunno how you said it well in your post, and meanwhile my own thoughts are jumbled, as if they all wanna come out right now.

You know, Stace.... you've always been a good friend to me, and I think I am to you. Am I? But I admit, I want more than that. If you really want to go the route of Chip and Kirsten, then by the love of all that is mighty, we're going the route of Chip and Kirsten. Let's make it legit. My teammates keep teasing me about..... you know, us. And the media keeps hinting at things. But they all have a point, and, well..... soon they'll all be proven right.

You know what, why don't we meet up tomorrow after quals. Just the both of us. You pick where. I don't care if the season's nearly over. I'm getting a good feeling about this, and I'm getting freakin' pumped. Hyped. Fired up. Point is.... let's go reveal the next chapter of Stacemiah to the world.

Oh, yeah, don't be sure about that title just yet, though."

"Alright, voicemail sent. Now let's hit the sims."
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:16 am

Ganglie Zhe stared dumbfounded at his laptop screen. An email lay open on the screen but Zhe might as well not have understood any of it at all. "Unbelievable," he muttered to himself. "No way."

The email was from Beiyang, apparently one of the largest (if not the largest automobile company in northern China. It was from someone named Xuan Tou; Zhe wasn't sure what his role in Beiyang was, but it had to be pretty high given the official-looking nature of the email. The email itself was nothing spectacular; just a request for Zhe to send an application to Beiyang for one of their two open slots for the next NSSCRA season. This season hadn't even ended and already Beiyang was looking to recruit. Zhe was surprised at first, and then he wondered why he had been surprised in the first place. Recruiting new drivers for the next season had always been a thing, especially for the smaller and, for lack of a better term, poorer teams.

And now that Zhe had had a little more time to think about it, he was now unsure of what to do next. Yes, he was an employee of UrGa this season, and despite starting off as a spotter he had taken the leap into actually driving stock cars. Zhe felt that he had given a decent enough accounting for himself despite being a literal newbie to the sport, and it probably helped that he had been put in an actual UrGa car, but Zhe told himself that he had no real hopes or ambitions of taking over from Leonidas Baxter once the retired basketball player bowed out of NSSCRA for his one and only season in the competition. Rumors were already flying around the garage that UrGa had narrowed down their choices to Sherpaland's Dinggu Wang and the Banijan Jelan Ozoemena. Zhe just felt that he had no chance of being picked if those two were the other choices.

Maybe the arrival of this email from Beiyang was a signal from some higher power, Zhe thought to himself. Recently he had had this desire to get to know his culture better, and what better way to do that than to actually go to the Middle Kingdom itself? Then again, Zhe wondered if he would ever truly fit in with the rest of the Chinese. His childhood and education was very much Pridnestrovian, and he was currently living out his adult life in Abanhfleft, two places that couldn't have been more different from China. Zhe felt that while he may look like a native, his behavior would make him stand out immediately.

"Yo, Lee, wassup?" Leo Baxter asked when he stepped, or more properly stumbled, into Zhe's tent. He was still clutching the bottle of champagne from when he had won second place at the Chadwick Dealers 400 here in Kardashia. "Wazzat you readin', boy?" he slurred a little bit.

"Um, nothing," Zhe replied instinctively. Then he thought better of his answer and said, "It's just an email from Beiyang asking me if I wanna apply for one of their seats. It's nothing."

"Nothing?" Leo snorted. "A team is offering you a chance to get a seat for next season, and you say it's just nothing? That ain't just 'nothing', Lee," Leo told him.

"I get what you're saying, Leo," Zhe shrugged. "It's just that I'm not really sure if I wanna go to Beiyang. Not that I don't appreciate the opportunity, I just... I'm not sure if I'm gonna fit in there."

"Well, what does your gut say?" Leo asked. "I always find that when I've got a big decision to make, my gut gives me the best recommendations."

"And what does your gut tell you about right now, man?" Zhe asked.

"Right now, my gut tells me..." Leo muttered, and then he clutched his stomach. "My gut tells me I gotta find the nearest toilet. Shit, I gotta go!" Leo immediately ran off, leaving behind an unsavory smell of flatulence.

Zhe looked back at his laptop, unsure of what to do next. He then took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and concentrated. He didn't know how long this would take, and he was hoping that he wouldn't fall asleep there sitting in front of his laptop, but in the quiet emptiness, the thought appeared to him. And there Ganglie Zhe made his decision: he would send an application to Beiyang. He had no idea if he was going to be accepted, and part of him still wished that Beiyang wouldn't pick him, but Zhe had finally clicked the send button. There was no turning back now.

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

The Fortress Run Looks To Be Another Cracker!

Postby TJUN-ia » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:50 am

ImageImage

This blog was written by Derrick Carlisle, Jaguar Racing's Social Media Manager

My name is Derrick Carlisle, and my favourite series is at the Citadel. Specifically, the Kermania Citadel in Jebslund as it hosts the Kermania Fortress Run - the 2nd race of round 3 of the Chase and the third-from-last race of NSSCRA Season 9. Yes, we're in the final three. It only felt like yesterday when we began at the Proving Grounds of Newmanistan, but pretty soon we will be back there to decide a champion.

One person who certainly didn't feel like a champion was the driver from Hapilopper racing for Wreckeria - Chris Holmes. Somehow, someone managed to get into the National Factbook of Hapilopper, which is on public domain for the multiverse to see, and managed to change the state's national animal to Holmes himself - with the scientific name of "Fatassus dumbassinus". He wouldn't be racing in Kermania (thank goodness for that), but he was here to support Scott Hawking as he qualified for his 3rd race on the bounce in 43rd. He didn't look happy at all and one thinks he might know who did it. I know it's bad to point fingers, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was payback for that fight in Saint Kanye...

Back to TJUN-ian matters and JR's two drivers had an interesting Saturday. Alfonso Mercado (@AM64) will start way down in 29th while Michael Stefan (@00Stefan) will be in 6th. Stefan definitely showed up while Mercado seemed to struggle a little bit. It will be interesting to see how both of them get on tomorrow.

Thea Alvarez will be on pole for the Fortress Run, just ahead of Kai Qiang. Lexi Patterson returns for another race for Marquette in 24th while Maddie Alexander gets her shot from 26th. The battle to join Stacie Houston in the final 4 continues tomorrow, and I certainly feel that what happens over the next 24hrs may become one of the highlights of the season thus far.

But before we go, we must pay our respects to the victims of the landslide that occurred at the Li River Speedway in The Sherpa Empire. Jaguar Racing will be donating 500,000 Vals (NS$475,000) to support the victims of this event and the rebuilding efforts.
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Post 40 - Race 33.

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:51 am

The Valentians – Kardashia Chadwick Dealers 400, Kardashia Autoring, Saint Kanye (Speedway)

Segment 0: Clarissa: 08 // Valentina: 20 // Gwen: 19
Segment 1: Clarissa: 33 // Valentina: 19 // Gwen: 17
Segment 2: Clarissa: 04 // Valentina: 21 // Gwen: 02
Segment 3: Clarissa: 07 // Valentina: 24 // Gwen: 12
Segment 4: Clarissa: 29 // Valentina: 16 // Gwen: 14
Segment 5: Clarissa: 36 // Valentina: 33 // Gwen: 11
Segment 6: Clarissa: 30 // Valentina: 26 // Gwen: 06

It would be yet another race where Gwen dominated amongst the four Valentians – well, technically three, since Jamie unfortunately did not make it in from the qualifications. “Well, you can’t win all the time, I suppose,” Jamie remarked at herself, “I mean, it is a darn shame that I did not get in, but I suppose that there are plenty of opportunities for me for the next season, or for other racing competitions that might be there along the way. Heck, we Valentians could even start our own one!”

Clarissa, on the other hand, would be the one taking the limelight for this one, though not exactly in the most positive of ways. The big blue android from Valentine Z, figured that her husband would like to try something new, and thus she gave him such a chance.

“So you are going to give the control of your body to me? And I will have to be the one driving, right?” Valentijn asked his wife curiously, from the comfort of his home back in Valentine Z.

“Indeed! And I think it will be fun for the both of us, hehe.”

“Yeah, that’s good and all, but is there a catch, or something against driving remote-controlled cars? I mean, it technically is a RC right, if you gave me the control?”

“I mean, yeah, but think about it this way! No one will know about it, haha! Jared would probably throw a well-mannered fit if he found out, though.”

“Well, I mean, thank you for everything that you are trying to do for me, dear,” Valentijn replied back with a softness in his voice, touched by the gesture of his wife, “Still, you know there is the issue with signal lag, right? We are like thousands of kilometers away from each other, perhaps even in another dimension.”

“Yeah, I was thinking Gwen could take care of that, but I suppose without anyone knowing, we will have to try it out ourselves. Maybe we can give it a try now.”

“Okay then, Clarrie. Ohh, I do hope this works!”

“MANUAL CONTROL ESTABLISHED. USER: VALENTIJN SAMANTHA CONSTANTINE,” Clarissa transmitted into Valentijn’s helmet, which the latter would simply control with his mind. If Valentijn thought about moving his left arm, Clarissa will indeed do just that, mirroring his every thought. Even then, precautions and failsafes are present in Clarissa’s codes to ensure that the random thoughts of Valentijn would not be translated into an output that would endanger anyone. The number of moves is rather basic: Valentijn can control Clarissa’s movement, her motor skills, her driving skills, and more importantly, making sure that the #7 that Clarissa drives will be decipherable by Valentijn.

“Okayyy, baby steps first!” Valentijn thought to himself, with Clarissa’s mind taking a backseat and guiding Valentijn now and then, fully trusting her husband, “First things first, let’s see how good I can move you, my dear wife.”

The first steps were almost always a risky one, and thus would be the reason why Valentijn decided to walk Clarissa off and away from the watchful eyes of just about everyone. They walk, and walk, and walk, until they reached this peaceful and tranquil canal with an occasional jogger here and there.

“All right, this place looks good for practice,” Valentijn transmitted his thought to Clarissa, “Not a lot of people, some houses here and there, but they all seem like the residents are away for work.”

“Hehe, you are getting the hang of this, Vallie!” Clarissa cheered, “So you got the basic movement of me going down rather nicely. The ping is currently 45 ms, so that might be a little problematic.”

“What might be the worst ping I experience while I am on the track?”

“Well, maybe let’s say 200 ms, but that’s the really worst-case scenario. I don’t even use that much of my connection on the track, anyway.”

“So, I will take it as around 100 ms, or 150 for a typical day on the track.”

“Yeap! ^^”

“I like those odds- err, pings.”

Just as they finished their own conversation, Clarissa suddenly started moving forward yet again.

Valentijn: “What the f- Dear, I am not doing this!“

Clarissa: “Oh dear, what is going on? Is someone else controlling me?”

Valentijn: “That’s impossible. The connection between you and me are secure. No one should be able to decrypt that!”

Clarissa: “Oh no! I think I need a software update.”

Valentijn: “Crap, the race is 30 mins away, isn’t it?”

Clarissa: “Yeah, we need to hurry back to the Valentian lounge!”

Valentijn: “Okay, going back- how do I make you run?”

As the couple tried their best to go back to the lounge, they encountered a little glitch along the way. While Clarissa was still running towards the lounge, she suddenly veered to the left and-

SPLASH!

“What the hell- oh my goodness gracious, my dear, I didn’t even think of that.”

“Seems like this Manual Control thing was still glitching out! Hmm, I need to ask Jenny about this.”

With Clarissa slowly coming back out of the waters, Valentijn disabled the controls from himself, and gave Clarissa the control of her body once again.

“We probably should not try this for the actual race,” Valentijn remarked, “You will need to have Jenny look at this.”

As they explained the situation, Jared was increasingly concerned about the idea that Clarissa might need to be driven remotely by Valentijn. Jenny’s diagnosis was perhaps the one that drove him with such a concern. “Sorry, this is the best I can do for now,” Jenny remarked, “But it is a very critical update, and you will need to be shut off for the remainder of this race.”

“My mind needs to be shut off? Ohh, dear,” Clarissa remarked.

“To be very honest, I would say something about you tampering with some controls and codes that have not been updated, but this has been a huge help from both you and Valentijn,” Jenny continued on with a genuine smile on her face instead of the usual snark that she is known for, “See, your AI code is not exactly the problem that you had when you are in some races here and there. It was due to you randomly making adjustments and this part of your program glitching out.”

“So it was my movement controls that are glitching out? But that only happened when I gave the manual control to Vallie!”

“Ahh, that was just a string of lucky coincidences. The manual control isolated this issue and sort of magnified it. Okay, so the tech jargon and explanation aside, you will totally need someone else to drive your car for you. Has to be a robot, a little adorable and bubbly, and has the mind kinda like you!”

“Sorry, I am not really into driving,” Tiffany squeaked out, scratching her metallic head.

“And that leaves us to-“

“Adriana!”

Everyone fixated their sight on the 11-feet tall android that was sitting on a chair of her own. Her clean white-and-grey accent, along with her blue eyes and her black hair, and her robotic mind, would make for a good substitute for Clarissa.

“Ahh, don’t worry about it!” Clarissa and Jolyn reassured her, “NSSCRA is just like WGP2! Except with less turns and sharp corners. You can do it.”

“I mean, well… if you say so! But what if people found out that I am not you, Clarissa?”

“Hmm, you do need to decrease your height a little. Just make yourself a little smaller!”

“And never, ever take out your headgear. In fact, don’t let anyone else other than us know. This is just a one-time thing, they won’t know.”

And that day, Clarissa Adriana would bring in a 30th for her efforts. She felt rather guilty about the mess, and was a little disappointed at herself for not being able to keep up with the rest of the racers.

“Ahh, don’t sweat it,” Clarissa remarked, fresh out of her new software update with glitches and bugs hammered out, “You did pretty good there, my little sis! Besides, we are all dealing with veterans here, so that also gets difficult.”

In the meantime, Jolyn and Germaine were seen laughing and smirking at something else entirely. Each of them were looking at their phones and commenting on the recent Twii posts.

"Fatassus.. dumbassinus…"

“Well, not really a subtle play on words, but I still love it, either way!”

“Haha, oh my goodness, Jolyn, you can rely on the Hapilopperians to make the moods brighter, eh?”

“Certainly so! Ahh, I do miss racing alongside them. It’s all friendly rivalry, but… you know? Still fun.”

“Maybe we could think about 2-3 more drivers next season?” Jared suggested, “I have heard of nations using satellite states to send in extra people here and there. Maybe you and Adriana, or even Jamie, or Marcus, can go for this sort of thing.”

“Hmm, now that’s an idea. But isn’t there a limit or rules against this sort of thing?”

“We can always ask then next season!”

This was then followed by watching the news around the world, specifically the one accident in Sherpa Empire.

“Two Dead in Devastating Landslide at Li River Speedway,” Marcus read out the news, “Ohh, dear.”

“My condolences to the people there,” Jared remarked, along with the rest of the Valentians. They solemnly looked down for a minute before continuing on with their conversation.

“Very heartbreaking,” Valentina added in, “Is there a way on if we could donate to these people? Not to make us look good, but they certainly could use some money to help them out.”

“I could give them a contact later and see if they link with Valentijn regarding this,” Jared replied back to her, “We all could pool our own savings and help them out.”

From: Valentijn “De Sierlijke Valkyrie” Samantha Constantine (valentijn_de_sierlijke_valkyrie@valentine-z-official.gov)
To: IRACT Officials
CC: Jared Kev Van Den Borre, Trade Representative Charmine, Head Diplomat Charlene, Head Secretary Jamie
BCC: Clarissa Alanis Star, Valentina Freya Thida Aye, Gwen Tracer Hepburn Allison, Jared Kev Van Den Borre, Jolyn Maxine Caulfield, Adriana Kowalski Lillian, +8 others.
Subject: An offer to donate.
Encryption: High.
Priority: High.

Good day to you, my friends at IRACT,

I am General Valentijn from Valentine Z, and recently, we have heard of the heartbreaking news about the landslide that devastated your country and the course, along with the deaths of two people. We were perhaps wondering if we could offer a generous donation from the officials and citizens of Valentine Z, in an effort to rebuild it back to its former magnificent self? Sherpa Empire and the Valentians have had positive interactions for both this season and the previous season (ever since our inception into NSSCRA), and we would simply like to offer this help not so much so to make ourselves look good, but of sheer goodwill; you may also cite us as an anonymous benefactor, if you like. Also be rest assured that the money that we will collect never comes from the bloodshed, corruption, embezzlement, or anything of ill-gotten nature; the savings that the leaders get are from our own income (along with side jobs that we do now and then), along with the generosity of the Valentians.

Looking forward to hear from your folks once again.

Thank you very much, and Best Regards,
Valentijn “De Sierlijke en Vrij Valkyrie General ov Valentine Z” Samantha Maxwell Delta Weston Stijn Angelus Tracey Mitchell Tristian Marnix Basilisk Lewis Hyatt X. Constantine Sein Lin Zaw Naing
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:58 pm

Stacie Houston sat in her hauler looking out the window at the crew of Roger Bipacks loading it up and preparing to leave Jebslund. It had been something that she had been used to seeing from the Bolgano team that parked on that side of her, and she began to wonder, “Why do they keep showing up?” At times, she has tried to approach Bipacks, but the driver was tight lipped near her. Since he was not all that friendly to her, she was not about to provide any advice or assistance to that team. Of course, she knew it was the racing passion that brought them here, hoping it could be one of those very rare races they qualified into. It was the same passion that she had, but she had better people to work with, and a better car.

Another season was winding down now, and she was going to have a chance to race for a championship. There is not much more a race car driver can accomplish, especially since she has already one it once. Most of the teams respect her, and she was grateful for that. But, she had become another year older. For a stock car driver, she was still in the prime of her career, not at an age that would be considered a young gun, but not one who is going to start thinking about retirement. However, there was one thing missing from her life, and she had begin to think about more and more.

Why was she not taking the friendship with Jeremiah Brooke to another level? After all, she was spending so much time with him, especially lately. Up to this point, she has been of the thought that you would not want to mess up a great friendship for the possibility of a failed relationship. In other words, Brooke had been effectively friend zoned. She knew that she had done that, and felt that Brooke had done the same thing towards her. In other situations, this might have been fine, as if you are going to keep racing him up front so often, you don’t want a personal squabble to lead to an incident on the track. However, it was becoming less fine. Spending so much time on the road, there was not much time to meet other men. She could, but with all the time she spent with Jeremiah Brooke, she was becoming more and more interested in taking it to another level. Therefore, Stacie began dropping more and more hints before eventually posting in a blog before qualifying, references to the Chip Woods and Kirsten Hopkins romance of a long time ago.

She turned away from looking at the Bipacks hauler loading up when a member of her crew began to talk about the tragedy at Li River Speedway, which the team was just beginning to hear about. Stacie was stunned by the news, disheartened by the incident and saddened by just how quickly and suddenly life can be taken from you. Tuo Yong and Xi Changchang were people she did not know, but were likely great people who wanted to have a happy life. They had, what they thought, was a home in a great location. Her phone would ring as she was taking in this news, so did not pick up at that moment. She went online, posted her condolences on various social media outlets, feeling bad about what happened for a little bit. Eventually, she did pick up her Five Star Mobile device, and saw it was a missed call from Jeremiah Brooke, and he left a voice mail. “Wow, a longer one,” she thought, before playing the message.

After listening, sorrow turned to relief. She was so happy to hear that Jeremiah Brooke was thinking the same way, and now was getting the feeling that neither of them wanted to risk making the wrong move. Which, of course, is interesting, considering that they are both fearless race car drivers, but it was all she needed to hear. She wanted this to go the “Chirsten” route as well. They had spent so much time together anyway, but now it was time to be different. Stacie called back Jeremiah Brooke to talk and get more comfortable, making plans for breakfast on race day, where they could then make bigger plans for after the race.

On the other side of the Cocoabo #28 trailer, Maddie Alexander was pumped about being in a NSSCRA event for the first time. She didn’t know what the team had planned for her, but she liked this direction of her career. Maddie was given a message that invited her to compete for a spot on the Beiyang team next season. It was exciting for her to have this interest, but she didn’t know if this was best for her at this stage of her career. The #66 team of Hengxing Tian was not one of the better teams in the series. She wanted to do it, and knew she could do it, but would this be a mistake? Would accepting this offer hurt her in the long run for better opportunities at Team Cassadaigua? Her parents always told her to never accept the first offer on something just because it came first. This was not going to be easy, but she knew she was making the right decision. She would reply to the email, politely and respectfully declining the invitation.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:12 pm

The Sherpa drivers had a good laugh at the news that Chris Holmes had been declared the national animal of Hapilopper. In fact, Rinzi liked the idea so much he decided to copy it and start a petition for Kai Qiang to become the national animal of the Sherpa Empire. Tashi nearly snorted her beer all over the table when Rinzi showed her the petition. "Rinzi, you know the Ministry of Culture will never do that," she said when she'd stopped laughing and caught her breath enough to talk. "Our country is not run by Hapiloppians."

"The petition is still funny, even if the government doesn't do it," Rinzi said.

"I am not sure if Qiang will think it's funny," Tashi said.

As it turned out, Qiang never saw the petition. By the time he heard of its existence, it had already been taken down and the Censorship Department had sent Rinzi Zakhilwal a strongly-worded letter reminding him not to embarrass the Empire on the international stage.

Geologists, engineers, and sunflower seed-munching IRACT officials stood on the track of the Li River Speedway, close to the part that had been damaged in the landslide. Thanks to generous donations from foreign NSSCRA sponsors, the IRACT officials knew they had the money to rebuild. They just needed to figure out how to do it safely. They looked up at the cliff face that towered above the track. Perched precariously at the top of the cliff, there was a wrecked shrine. Part of the ground that the shrine was built on had fallen out from under it during the landslide. The back corner of the shrine jutted out over the edge of the cliff, the foundation was broken, and the whole building was tilted at a slight angle. One of the IRACT people popped a sunflower seed in his mouth and spat the shell on the pavement. "That's the Qiang family shrine."

The engineers eyed it nervously. "That has to come down!"

"Yeah, that's definitely not safe."

"I guess Qiang Guan still hates us," one of the IRACT people said, chuckling a little at his own joke. "You'd think being dead would calm him down."

Guan Qiang was Kai Qiang's father. He had never liked the Guilin Racing Club and never wanted his children to go anywhere near it. He wanted his children to go to college and get nice safe desk jobs.

The experts talked for a while, debating what to do with the shrine. It was tempting to bulldoze it, but they were worried that the cliff would collapse and the bulldozer would fall off along with the shrine -- especially if the shrine really was haunted by a vengeful ghost. Moving it back from the ledge and rebuilding it on more stable ground was another possibility, but that would be more time-consuming and expensive. Reinforcing the cliff under it would also be tricky.

IRACT had given a share of the donations to Hanbo Tuo, whose wife and son were the two people killed by the landslide, and rented a cottage a couple kilometers away for the other family that had been forced to evacuate their house. They wrote thank yous to some people or companies that had sent large donations. But they still had a lot of work ahead of them.

Far away in Kermania, Kai Qiang had heard about the landslide, and he was rattled. The people who died were his old neighbors, people he'd met and spoken to when he lived there. Qiang had always believed in ghosts, and in the back of his mind, he couldn't help wondering if his father's angry ghost was responsible for their deaths. He felt sick when he thought about it. Could Guan Qiang really hate the Guilin Racing Club that much, even from beyond the grave?
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:00 pm

Vilisorma Beverage Company Headquarters, Vilisorma, Vilita, Atlantian Oceania :: With the NSSCRA Season coming down to the wire and the Vilaye Energy Drink decals on River "Shark" Suzgar II's #14 Vilita and Turori Motorsports Dart serving as primary sponsor for the final time during NSSCRA Season 9, it would normally be expected for a number of the Vilisorma Beverage Company's top officials to be rubbing elbows in the garage area in Jebslund for the big race weekend. Instead, however, many of those top executives were back at the company headquarters in Vilisorma, Vilita, anxiously anticipating the public release of the Final Report of the Independent Cocoa-bo Commission.

Previously, company executives had followed closely during the testimony of Inura Extracts representative Biliki Aikiki. Inura Extracts is a little known Turorian based entity that claims to specialize in all natural plant extracts from the Inura Forest region of Turori. Inura Extracts are involved in everything from Aromatics to Spices and Dietary Supplements marketed under the Inura Extracts branding and available directly from the Turorian entity. However, it is also widely believed that as Inura Extracts have proven themselves as a serious provider of natural plant extracts they have grown to serve as a supplier to a number of larger consumable corporations in the Vilitan Cove region including Cocoa-bo and the Vilisorma Beverage Company. While no company of the size of Cocoa-bo or the Vilisorma Beverage Company is likely to have a single supplier for its ingredients, it also increases the odds that a growing company such as Inura Extracts would have a relationship, either acknowledged or unacknowledged, with such entities.

Of course, the outcome of the Independent Cocoa-bo Commission was important to the Vilisorma Beverage Company for a number of reasons. Firstly, the rivalry that had developed between Vilaye Energy Drink distributors and Cocoa-bo distributors during the World Cup 81 Finals in Banija had created competition between the two companies where it had not previously existed. Additionally, hrough its many brands, the Vilisorma Beverage Company has been a major supporter of sports and athletic events throughout Atlantian Oceania and the rest of the multiverse. Vilaye energy drink has long been the title sponsor of the Vilitan League's seasonal Tropical Trophy competition, has served as a kit sponsor for teams both in the Vilitan League and even abroad and has also been heavily involved in Vilita & Turorian Motorsports. Beyond its support as primary sponsor for River 'Shark' Suzgar II in the NSSCRA, Vilaye Energy Drink markets itself as the official series Pole Award sponsor. Any implication or association of the Vilisorma Beverage Company products or ingredients in a Commission designed to test whether a consumable provided an unfair competitive advantage to its consumer to the extent that said product became prohibited for a subset of the population would have the potential to be a marketing nightmare for the company. They weren't the only ones at risk, of course, with the Inura Extracts company front and center at the Inquisition, any blowback could have a direct impact on their own sponsorship of the resurgent SherpaLander driver Liangmei Li.

The Vilaye Energy Drink is the flagship brand of the Vilisorma Beverage Company (VilBev) who prides itself in using minimal artificial processing and "natural extracts". While the Vilisorma Beverage Company keeps the actual formula for its top products, including Vilaye, locked away in a vault in their Sorma based headquarters, there had been some concern about officials that the specific location and origin of some of the extracts used in the products could be revealed during the proceedings. While the company is always reluctant to reveal the true ingredients in its products to maintain competitive advantage, they had an even stronger desire to protect the source of some of the ingredients they were using in their Vilaye Roast product line. With plans to Enter Jama'obo Pegasii in the #87 Vilaye Roast Dart for the seasons penultimate race in Vangaziland, it was imperitive for the Vilisorma Beverage Company to ensure that there would be no negative press associated with the Vilaye Roast brand before putting the #87 car back on the track.

The report finally hit the executives desks while they were watching the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Qualifying Session live from the Kermania Fortress in Jebslund. As River 'Shark' Suzgar had already taken his lap and was not going to win the pole position, they shifted their focus to the report to ensure there was nothing detrimental regarding the Vilisorma Beverage Company, Vilaye Energy Drink or Vilaye Roast in The Final Report.

Thankfully, despite repeated inquiries regarding Vilaye Energy Drink during Aikiki's testimony, each of those inquiries was dismissed as irrelevant prior to any official response being tendered. In the report, there was no mention of Vilaye Energy Drink or Vilaye Roast in the section of Addictive Performance-Enhancing supplements. This was the best possible news for VBC officials. They continued to read on as the report describe species and subgroups which are vulnerable to the effects of Cocoa-bo and its extracts. The only known effects were Fluffy Bunnies and Cheergirls. No data on effects to Vilitans. No embargos of Vilisorma Beverage Company Products. No mention of Vilaye Energy Drink at all.

The officials popped open the champagne and prepared for the Kermania Fortress Run. GO SUZGAR!

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:00 pm

Race: Kermania Fortress Run, Kermania Citadel, Jebslund (Road Course)
Lap Record: 35.000 sec.
Minimum Time To Avoid DNF: 37.700 sec.

Segment 1:
1 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z)                  35.271
2 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 35.288
3 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 35.305
4 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 35.323
5 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 35.329
6 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 35.357
7 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 35.366
8 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 35.402
9 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 35.409
10 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 35.414
11 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 35.427
12 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 35.433
13 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 35.452
14 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 35.490
15 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 35.511
16 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 35.536
17 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 35.550
18 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 35.566
19 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 35.577
20 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 35.719
21 #34- Lexi Patterson (Hampton Island) 35.742
22 #29- Maddie Alexander (Cassadaigua) 35.990
23 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 36.029
24 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 36.034
25 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 36.077
26 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 36.090
27 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 36.112
28 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 36.206
29 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 36.267
30 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 36.362
31 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 36.375
32 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 36.380
33 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 36.391
34 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 36.488
35 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 36.551
36 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 36.556
37 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 36.573
38 #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) *Q* 36.634
39 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) *Q* 36.795
40 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 37.036
41 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 37.181
42 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 37.293
43 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 37.371
44 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 37.472
45 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 37.608
46 #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) 38.197 DNF

Segment 2:
1 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)                    35.307
2 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 35.348
3 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 35.349
4 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 35.354
5 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 35.397
6 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 35.398
7 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 35.407
8 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 35.443
9 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 35.455
10 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 35.513
11 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 35.577
12 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 35.635
13 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 35.651
14 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 35.655
15 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 35.668
16 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 35.703
17 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 35.789
18 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 35.793
19 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 35.797
20 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 35.883
21 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 35.885
22 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 35.892
23 #34- Lexi Patterson (Hampton Island) 35.970
24 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 35.972
25 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 36.006
26 #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) *Q* 36.008
27 #29- Maddie Alexander (Cassadaigua) 36.035
28 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 36.089
29 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 36.163
30 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 36.186
31 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 36.220
32 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 36.284
33 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 36.328
34 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 36.406
35 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) *Q* 36.423
36 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 36.458
37 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 36.667
38 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 36.790
39 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 36.809
40 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 36.865
41 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 37.497
42 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 37.587
43 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 37.645
44 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 37.724 DNF
45 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 37.934 DNF

Segment 3:
1 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z)         35.282
2 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 35.306
3 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 35.311
4 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 35.342
5 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 35.343
6 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 35.392
7 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 35.414
8 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 35.415
9 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 35.432
10 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 35.464
11 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 35.493
12 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 35.572
13 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 35.586
14 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 35.587
15 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 35.601
16 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 35.658
17 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 35.660
18 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 35.662
19 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 35.676
20 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 35.698
21 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 35.758
22 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 35.774
23 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 35.808
24 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 35.823
25 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 35.842
26 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 35.865
27 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 35.921
28 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 35.930
29 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 35.935
30 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 35.998
31 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 36.003
32 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 36.135
33 #34- Lexi Patterson (Hampton Island) 36.241
34 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 36.338
35 #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) *Q* 36.535
36 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 36.716
37 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 36.744
38 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 36.773
39 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) *Q* 36.969
40 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 36.969
41 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 37.474
42 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 37.616
43 #29- Maddie Alexander (Cassadaigua) 37.770 DNF

Segment 4:
1 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori)         35.317
2 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 35.338
3 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 35.344
4 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 35.373
5 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 35.398
6 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 35.411
7 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 35.494
8 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 35.495
9 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 35.501
10 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 35.514
11 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 35.533
12 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 35.537
13 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 35.545
14 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 35.575
15 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 35.618
16 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 35.630
17 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 35.642
18 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 35.650
19 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 35.653
20 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 35.687
21 #34- Lexi Patterson (Hampton Island) 35.708
22 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 35.764
23 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 35.787
24 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 35.879
25 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 35.889
26 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 35.961
27 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 36.022
28 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 36.036
29 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 36.066
30 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 36.094
31 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 36.257
32 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) *Q* 36.263
33 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 36.352
34 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 36.473
35 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 36.552
36 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 36.555
37 #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) *Q* 36.621
38 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 37.159
39 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 37.520
40 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 37.776 DNF
41 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 37.993 DNF
42 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 38.065 DNF

Segment 5:
1 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori)         35.302
2 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 35.370
3 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 35.379
4 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 35.426
5 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 35.462
6 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 35.477
7 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 35.482
8 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 35.507
9 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 35.520
10 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 35.524
11 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 35.525
12 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 35.526
13 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 35.553
14 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 35.578
15 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 35.655
16 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 35.662
17 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 35.663
18 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 35.680
19 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 35.690
20 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 35.816
21 #34- Lexi Patterson (Hampton Island) 35.833
22 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 35.840
23 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 35.846
24 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 35.886
25 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 35.936
26 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 36.039
27 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 36.055
28 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 36.062
29 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 36.095
30 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 36.210
31 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) *Q* 36.236
32 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 36.244
33 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 36.313
34 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 36.319
35 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 36.370
36 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 36.404
37 #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) *Q* 36.898
38 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 37.706 DNF
39 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 38.746 DNF

Final Results:
+-----+-------------------------------------------------------------+--------+
| Pos | Driver | Avg. |
| 1 | #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) | 35.322 | WINNER
| 2 | #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) | 35.359 |
| 3 | #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) | 35.492 |
| 4 | #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) | 35.500 |
| 5 | #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) | 35.517 |
| 6 | #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) | 35.542 |
| 7 | #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) | 35.544 |
| 8 | #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) | 35.549 |
| 9 | #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) | 35.566 |
| 10 | #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) | 35.572 |
| 11 | #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) | 35.574 |
| 12 | #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) | 35.583 |
| 13 | #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) | 35.616 |
| 14 | #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) | 35.682 |
| 15 | #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) | 35.701 |
| 16 | #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) | 35.773 |
| 17 | #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) | 35.783 |
| 18 | #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) | 35.832 |
| 19 | #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) | 35.838 |
| 20 | #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) | 35.845 |
| 21 | #34- Lexi Patterson (Hampton Island) | 35.899 |
| 22 | #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) | 35.972 |
| 23 | #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) | 36.000 |
| 24 | #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) | 36.054 |
| 25 | #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) | 36.057 |
| 26 | #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) | 36.057 |
| 27 | #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) | 36.074 |
| 28 | #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) | 36.135 |
| 29 | #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) | 36.139 |
| 30 | #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) | 36.176 |
| 31 | #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) | 36.210 |
| 32 | #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) | 36.258 |
| 33 | #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) | 36.288 |
| 34 | #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) | 36.495 |
| 35 | #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) | 36.537 |
| 36 | #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) | 36.539 |
| 37 | #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) | 36.741 |
| 38 | #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) | DNF |
| 39 | #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) | DNF |
| 40 | #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) | DNF |
| 41 | #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) | DNF |
| 42 | #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) | DNF |
| 43 | #29- Maddie Alexander (Cassadaigua) | DNF |
| 44 | #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) | DNF |
| 45 | #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) | DNF |
| 46 | #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) | DNF |

Point Standings (After 34 Races):
| Pos | Driver | Points |
| 1 | #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua)*** | 4098 |
| 2 | #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)**** | 4098 |
| 3 | #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori)*** | 4094 |
| 4 | #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire)**** | 4089 |
| 5 | #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire)** | 4085 |
| 6 | #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z)* | 4085 |
| 7 | #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye)* | 4078 |
| 8 | #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft)** | 4072 |
| 9 | #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper)* | 3166 |
| 10 | #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp)* | 3160 |
| 11 | #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori)** | 3152 |
| 12 | #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire)** | 3123 |
| 13 | #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)* | 2273 |
| 14 | #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z)* | 2247 |
| 15 | #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori)* | 2242 |
| 16 | #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z)* | 2222 |
| 17 | #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper)* | 1038 |
| 18 | #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia)* | 1011 |
| 19 | #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) | 973 |
| 20 | #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) | 969 |
| 21 | #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) | 860 |
| 22 | #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) | 825 |
| 23 | #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) | 822 |
| 24 | #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) | 820 |
| 25 | #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) | 777 |
| 26 | #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria)* | 766 |
| 27 | #30- Lexi Patterson (Jebslund)* | 719 |
| 28 | #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) | 691 |
| 29 | #13- Brigadegeneral Eva Kerman (Jebslund) | 625 |
| 30 | #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) | 624 |
| 31 | #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) | 581 |
| 32 | #81- Chris Holmes (Hapilopper) | 521 |
| 33 | #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) | 493 |
| 34 | #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) | 490 |
| 35 | #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) | 489 |
| 36 | #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) | 471 |
| 37 | #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) | 462 |
| 38 | #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) | 361 |
| 39 | #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) | 303 |
| 40 | #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) | 267 |
| 41 | #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) | 249 |
| 42 | #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) | 228 |
| 43 | #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) | 226 |
| 44 | #09- Daniel Cretton (Bolgano) | 204 |
| 45 | #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) | 185 |
| 46 | #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) | 185 |
| 47 | #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) | 185 |
| 48 | #53- Teija Kuusela (The Albali Republic) | 154 |
| 49 | #1- Vanda Rosa Cordeiro Kerman (Jebslund) | 126 |
| 50 | #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) | 114 |
| 51 | #19- Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) | 100 |
| 52 | #38- Elio Aaron (Esmerel) | 85 |
| 53 | #42- Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) | 79 |
| 54 | #83- Fiona Sunarya (Filindostan) | 75 |
| 55 | #49- Lotara Novorali (Vilita and Turori) | 61 |
| 56 | #79- Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) | 59 |
| 57 | #83- Noriyasu Nagai (Filindostan) | 56 |
| 58 | #25- Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) | 47 |
| 59 | #17- Tyler Abbott (Cassadaigua) | 45 |
| 60 | #16- Tucker Capps (Xanneria) | 39 |
| 61 | #34- Matthew Conrad (Hampton Island) | 35 |
| 62 | #01- Cristensen Kalsters (Islas Aaland) | 31 |
| 63 | #07- Abdoulaye Goita (Saint Kanye) | 26 |
| 64 | #96- Ganglie Zhe (Abanhfleft) | 24 |
| 65 | #20- Pyotr Lavrentiev (Saint Kanye) | 24 |
| 66 | #45- Ben Carpenter (Esmerel) | 23 |
| 67 | #20- David Rockingham (Esmerel) | 22 |
| 68 | #63- Jamie Isabella Eirian (Valentine Z) | 19 |
| 69 | #47- Johnny Betta (Xanneria) | 18 |
| 70 | #32- Waltteri Lehto (The Albali Republic) | 17 |
| 71 | #87- Jama'obo Pegasii (Vilita and Turori) | 14 |
| 72 | #26- Roger Bipacks (Bolgano) | 14 |
| 73 | #04- Félix-Antoine Constantineau (Terre Septentrionale) | 13 |
| 74 | #59- Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) | 11 |
| 75 | #57- Gordon Orton (Appalachian Nation) | 11 |
| 76 | #40- Ongmu Yeti (The Sherpa Empire) | 10 |
| 77 | #71- Brett Pickles (Appalachian Nation) | 5 |
| 78 | #75- Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) | 5 |
| 79 | #35- Melissa Nilis (Bolgano) | 5 |
| 80 | #29- Maddie Alexander (Cassadaigua) | 4 |
| 81 | #07- Juracai Klianiota (Vilita and Turori) | 3 |
| 82 | #69- Hauptfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) | 2 |

Next Race: Race 35 (July 4/5)- Gryphon Supermarket 250, Imperial Speedway, South Stead, Vangaziland (Short Track)
Last edited by Newmanistan on Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

TJUN-ia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Kermania Sets Up A Tight Battle To The Final 4!

Postby TJUN-ia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:14 am

ImageImage

The Kermania Fortress Run in Jebslund would certainly be an interesting race no matter what happened. As this is the 3rd-from-last race of the year, we could always expect some drama and plenty of action. With only one race remaining before we go back to the proving grounds, the stakes were certainly high at the Kermania Citadel.

Alfonso Mercado (@AM64) had the harder starting position in 29th, while Michael Stefan (@00Stefan) had 6th to deal with. Both drivers' races would be practically a mirror of each other, with both drivers falling down the field at some point. They crossed the line practically together, with Stefan pipping his teammate to 13th. Another successful day of racing for our boys!

It would be the Shark who ruled the Fortress Run as River Suzgar took this race ahead of Valentina Freya Yadana Aye and Kai Qiang. The Top 2 of "Stacemiah", as it's called online, look to be through while the Shark certainly has a good chance. 3rd to 6th is separated by 9 points and it will certainly go down to the wire. The home crowd may have had no home team to support, but they did have Lexi Patterson. In what could be her final race, she finished in 21st while Cassadiagua's Maddie Alexander was one of the nine retirees for this race.

For the 2nd-to-last race, we head to Vangaziland for the Gryphon Supermarket 250 at the Imperial Speedway in South Stead. For all 8 drivers in contention, this is the final race before they are cut in half. It will be "do or die", no matter how many times I have said that before...

Standings Watch: Stefan - 18th (1011pts/1W), Mercado - 35th (489pts)

Image HARPA GYLFISDÓTTIR
@IsfruinJR

Another good race. The end may be near, but JR continues to be great

#NSSCRA : #JaguarRacing : #JungleFever : #YQué

Image MICHAEL STEFAN
@00Stefan

@AM64 I certainly enjoyed dueling with you. Wanna go for a coffee?

#NSSCRA : : #JungleFever : #YQué

Image ALFONSO MERCADO
@AM64
- - @00Stefan

It certainly was great! Of course I'll come - I don't say no to my teammate ;)

#NSSCRA : #JaguarRacing : #JungleFever : #YQué
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:12 am

It brightened Dinggu Wang's day when he got the invitation from Beiyang.

He'd spent most of his adult life in love with racing, but languishing in obscurity. He'd had one respectable season driving full-time in NSSCRA, and then he'd been crowded out again with few prospects to return. Being noticed for his talent still seemed to be the exception rather than the rule. So it felt good that Beiyang had noticed him.

And yet, after thinking it over for some time, he felt that his future lay elsewhere. He'd also been in contact with UrGa, and he thought that was a more appealing prospect. Beiyang was a new unproven team; UrGa had a proven track record. Wang wasn't sure how well he'd get along with Gil or Wilma if they came back next season, but their results proved that UrGa's equipment was good enough to be competitive. He wanted to drive for UrGa.

Wang hadn't heard anything for a couple of days about the investigation of his wreck in Guilin, but that was understandable. Everyone at IRACT's headquarters was distracted by the landslide that had wrecked one side of the Li River Speedway.

Rinzi brought the mayhem to the Kermania Fortress Run, but not the good kind of Mayhem. Not the kind with a fresh clean scent or a soothing moisturizing formula.

This was the other kind of mayhem, with a lowercase "m." The kind with crunching metal, flying debris, and startled exclamations on the radio. It started with him trying to navigate some lapped traffic and having a couple of brushes with other cars and a brush with the wall. The damage didn't look that bad at first glance, but it had loosened one of Rinzi's front wheels. The wobbling of the wheel caused Rinzi to lose control of his car and plow into the wall with an ugly crunch. "Argh, God! Why?" Rinzi said. There was a little anger in his voice, and a little despair, but there was also an earnest question that he wanted God to answer.

Hanbo Tuo ducked under the yellow caution tape that blocked off the wrecked part of the Li River Speedway. There was a hand-painted sign that said "DANGER KEEP OUT" in big dark characters. It was bilingual, but the Chinese characters were much larger and clearer than the Sherpa scrawl at the bottom. Tuo saw it, but he went straight past it anyway. He wanted to see what was left of his home. He climbed around in the rubble, hoping he might find some piece of his old life that he could keep as a memento -- maybe a family photo, one of his son's toys, just something to keep their memory with him.

He heard someone yelling in the distance, too far away to make out the words, and he looked up to see what was going on. Mengxia Shao was running across the fields from IRACT's headquarters, coming straight toward him and yelling. He still couldn't make out the words, but he could guess what she was saying: he wasn't supposed to be there. They knew each other since Tuo had raced in the Guilin Racing Club when he was a young man. He'd given it up when his son was born because it was too expensive and too dangerous. They knew each other, but Tuo didn't want to talk to Shao right now.

She was panting for breath by the time she got within earshot. "You can't go in there! It's not safe!" she gasped between gulps of air.

"I don't care," said Tuo. "It's still my land until I sign it over tomorrow!" Tuo had agreed to sell the land to IRACT in exchange for a more generous share of the money people had donated. They had a contract, but they hadn't transferred the deed yet.

"But..."

"Just let me say goodbye!"

Shao opened her mouth to protest some more, but then changed her mind, and fell silent. She didn't have the heart to argue with Tuo. She just stood there and watched as he went back to prowling the rubble. She stayed outside the tape, though it wasn't clear if she was doing that for her own safety or if she wanted to let Tuo have his space.

He kicked at some loose rocks and broken roof tiles. Then he saw something glossy and golden-brown, and he thought it might be a tea cup or a bowl from his kitchen. He picked it up and frowned. It was a ceramic jar that did not look like anything from his kitchen. It was cracked, but there was still enough left to see that it had been a very nicely crafted jar imitating the style of the Tang dynasty. Unless it was actually from the Tang dynasty... It looked old and Tuo really didn't think there had been a jar like that in his kitchen. He looked up at the cliff. The Qiang family shrine was still teetering on the broken rock ledge, and Tuo knew there were other shrines and graves up there as well. He turned around and said, "Hey, Shao, how old is that shrine?"

"What?"

"Look at this." Tuo brought the jar over for her to see.

Shao looked at the jar, but she was still confused. "What is it?" she asked.

"I don't know. I just found it," said Tuo. "But it's not mine. It has to be from up there."

Shao looked up at the cliff and back at the jar. "Okay, but what is it? I mean, is that, like, Qiang Guan's great great grandfather's ashes or...?"

At the Imperial Speedway in South Stead, Vangaziland, the pressure was intense. This was the race that would determine who went on to compete for the championship. Qiang was currently 4th in points, but he could not afford to have a bad race with the next two drivers were only 4 points behind him.

But even with so much at stake in this race, the crowds were not as lively as past seasons and the festivities around the track were a bit bland. Maybe it was because the Vangazi drivers hadn't given the hometown fans much to get excited about.

Sometimes Qiang wondered why all three Vangazi teams still came to every race if they didn't have the budget to compete for the title. He thought it would have made more sense to concentrate their efforts running one or two good cars rather than three uncompetitive ones. Or maybe compete part-time, only contesting the races that had lower logistical costs and more marketing opportunities. He didn't think it made sense for them to race in Ramba or the Cocoabo Park if it was going to wreck their budget and make them uncompetitive in Corcord Heights or Kardashia.

Qiang was musing about this when he got a phone call from IRACT's offices in Guilin. He picked up the phone and answered it with the Chinese greeting, "Wei?"

"Wei, Huang Cheng. I know you're busy, but we're trying to figure out what to do about your family shrine, and, well... Do you know how old the shrine is? Your sister said she doesn't know."

It was not a question Qiang had expected, and he had to stop and think. "I don't know either," he said. "Some of the graves have names and dates, but the older ones are hard to read. It's probably a couple hundred years old. Why?"

Huang sighed. "There's some weird pottery in the rubble from the landslide, and we're trying to figure out where it came from. We thought it might be from a tomb at the top of the cliff that got opened up during the landslide, so we're trying to figure out if it belongs to your family."

"Probably," said Qiang. "Can you put it somewhere respectful, so it doesn't just go in the landfill?"

"Um, we're discussing whether it belongs in a museum, not whether it belongs in a landfill."

"What?"

"It looks really old."

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:29 am

Kermania Citadel, Jebslund
Shortly after the Kermania Fortress Run

Jeremiah Brooke finished fourth at the Fortress Run, and he wasn't really sure how to feel about it. While the result put him at joint first in the driver point standings, only a win could have gotten him an automatic spot in the Championship Four, and so he'd still have to grind it out next week in Vangaziland.

However, Brooke's past and future performances aren't all that the press want to hear about that day. After the usual exchange regarding those, the SKYNET Sports 12 reporter steered the conversation to a different topic: "Is it true that you and Stacie Houston are now a couple?"

The Yeezie driver was taken by surprise by this question, and so he didn't speak for a few seconds. But this was something he really wanted the world to know.. After the initial silence, there was a lot of confidence in his voice when he told the reporter, "Yes, it is. It had been a mutual decision by both parties involved that 'Stacemiah' is now official."

"How long did it take before you two knew it had to come to this?"

"Can't say for sure. Stacie and I started as friends, right? Spending a lot of time together, both on the track and off, she's a girl, I'm a guy, we're both single, emotions are sure to get stronger. I've been wanting to make a move for quite a while, but I kinda got worried she'd want nothing more than friendship. And then she started hinting at it herself, and what can I do but go along, you know?"

"But this season's drawing to a close, and both of you have the title in mind. How would this affect how you race?"

"I've gotten more motivation out of it, that's for sure. Not only against her, but the whole field. Fires me up."

"I see. Any message for Stacie then?"

"Well, see you in Vangaziland." To some, this might just be referring to the venue of the next race, but to Brooke himself, he'd be down for another "date" with the 'Dagan. Before the Fortress Run, the two had breakfast together. That would be the first time that they went out, not as simply friends, and he wanted more of those.

Entering the last race of the Round of Eight and second to last of the entire NSSCRA season, Skip Stiller was in a hole. A twelfth place result put him twenty points below Stacemiah, the joint leaders, and so he'd also have to bust his ass in the land of the Royals. Thea Alvarez finished a spot ahead of Stiller and continued to do well in her self-imposed challenge of finishing thirteenth in points (the highest possible among Chasers eliminated in the first round). The two were eating Jebslund-made pastries in the garage area, which like the track and the surrounding facilities were built underground, as well as having a conversation.

"Well, there it is. Jeremiah had just admitted that he likes Stacie. Sorry, Thea, looks like you can't tease him anymore."

"At least I can still say that I knew it before the public did."

"So, uh..... what about you? Is there anyone on the track that you have your eyes on?"

"Um.... not really.... I uh.... guess..."

"Oh, guess? Alright. How about.... James McCurty?"

"What? No! I'm on good terms with James McCurty, but that's it for us."

"Hengxing Tian?"

"We haven't really talked."

"Admiring him from a distance, then?"

"NO!"

"Ty Linde."

"We're friends."

"So were Stacemiah."

"I so hate you."

"Alfonso Mercado?"

"He's gay, remember? Not that there's anything wrong with that. But no. I wanna get to know him though."

"Roman Gwinnett."

"Cut it out, Skip! I never told you to guess. What I was trying to say was, I guess I'm not ready for a boyfriend yet."

"You're what, 21? When I was your age I was on my third relationship."

"I don't care."

"Jelan Ozoemena", said Brooke as he entered the garage area and passed by his teammates at the table.

"Oh, not you too!" shouted a very annoyed Alvarez.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

NSSCRA 9 - RdC8- NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:52 pm

Chase Rd. 3 Race #2 Top Scores

1 [178] :: @ceeptrainer2

2 [173] :: @FujiKYK22

3 [170] :: @PinkHKluvs2718

- [170] :: @rubbers

5 [167] :: @MeghanWolcottOfficial

Season Event #34 Top Scores

1 [168] :: @I_Need_Healing

2 [166] :: @easternrac

3 [162] :: @ole_yutzie

4 [160] :: @Lovely_Lhamu

5 [149] :: @BodillePHD

Playoff Chase Challenge Standings

1*[341] :: @PinkHKluvs2718

2*[333] :: @ceeptrainer2

3 [341] :: @FujiKYK22

4 [334] :: @MeghanWolcottOfficial

------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 [323] :: @Filly_Gurl27

6 [322] :: @rubbers

7 [240] :: @eelcat827

8 [238] :: @melvin_tha_gr8

As the Vilita & Turori Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Challenge campaign winds down, the hopes of the Cassadaiguan competitors of sweeping the Top 3 spots in the Championship took a dent as Tropicorp's @ceeptrainer2 took top performance honors in Pick 'em Playoff Chase event #2 coinciding with the NSSCRA's Kermania Fortress Run.

While the Fortress Run has been a mainstay on the NSSCRA schedule throughout the modern era since NSSCRA Season 6, this was the first season where the Fortress Run was moved into the playoffs as one of the NSSCRA Chase Races. The race itself wasn't initially expected to be a boost for Vilita & Turori's last remianing chase eligible driver, River 'Shark' Suzgar II. Suzgar had never before posted a Top 10 finish at the Kermania track and had put forth a predictably average 16th place in the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Qualifying session.

However, Suzgar's #14 Vilaye Energy Drink Dart was set up perfectly for the long fortress run's and quickly raced its way inside the Top 5. By the race's halfway mark Suzgar was challenging the Valkyrie Valentina Freya Yadana Aye for the lead and would eventually over power the rookie driver to take over the Top spot. Suzgar would keep the #14 Dart out front for the remainder of the race in what would have been a dominant performance if not for a late charge from the Valkyrie that ultimately came up short. The two drivers, one a veteran former Champion and the other a Rookie were each a class ahead of the field with third place finisher Kai Qiang completely out of the frame when the leaders took the checkered flag.

Suzgar's win at the Kermania Fortress Run comes at a huge time of the season for the Vilita and Turori driver who, along with Cassadaigua's Stacie Houston, will attempt to become the first ever two-time NSSCRA Champions when the circuit heads back to Newmanistan for the season ending Proving Grounds 500 championship race. Prior to the title decider, however, the field would be headed back to Vangaziland for the Gryphon Supermarkets 250 - one of the shortest events on the circuit which will determine the final two contenders for the NSSCRA Season 9 Championship Four. After securing victory in Jebslund, the pressure in Vangaziland will be off for Suzgar and the Toys '4' All Dart Team. Suzgar is the defending pole winner at the Imperial Speedway however and the team will still be looking to keep up the momentum heading into the finale.

Vilita & Turori Motorsports will also field an extra entry in Vangaziland for the second consecutive season as Suzgar's primary sponsor the Vilisorma Beverage Company will be sponsoring World Grand Prix 2 driver Jama'obo Pegasii to run the teams #87 Vilaye Roast Dart. Pegasii debuted the Vilaye Roast Dart to coincide with the initial launch of the product during NSSCRA Season 8 and now returns after a succesful World Grand Prix 2 season that saw Pegasii collect their first Grand Prix victory. The Vilaye backed driver who contested 7 races for Vilita & Turori Motorsports during NSSCRA Season 6 will be looking to recapture some of the magic from their best career NSSCRA finish to date, a 5th place finish at the very same Imperial Speedway in South Stead during Season 6.

While Suzgar's victory was critical to Vilita & Turori Motorsports championship hopes for NSSCRA Season 9, it would also prove crucial for the last remaining celebrity contestant in the V&T Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Challenge event. Cassadaigua National Team player Meghan Wolcott had added Suzgar to her roster prior to the start of Round 3 and benefited from Suzgar's victory with a solid points day that has temporarily given her the third most points of any contestant. Using the twii.tur handle @MeghanWolcottOfficial, Wolcott has even managed to bypass her fellow countrywoman @Filly_Gurl27. With little room for error in the Final round of the Chase, an 18th place finish for Guillermo Archer in Jebslund has put Jessica Reynolds in a difficult spot heading into South Stead. After dominating much of the campaign and winning the regular season title, Reynolds is currently on the outside looking in and could be in a must-win scenario in the seasons penultimate event.

Filindo competitor @FujiKYK22 currently holds the most points of any win-less competitor in the third round of competition with a seven point advantage over @MeghanWolcottOfficial. It would seem that the two could end up battling for the final spot in the Championship Four if a competitor from outside the Top 4 posts the best performance in the Vangazi pick 'em standings. With the top 5 scores separated by just 11 points following the Jebslund event, @Filly_Gurl27's deficit of 18 points to @FujiKYK22 means that it is unlikely that both Reynolds and Wolcott will be able to point their way into the championship four ahead of the 24 year old Kyoko Fujisaki of Filindostan. Cassadaigua's hopes of getting all three of their contestants into the Championship 4 will likely rely on a specific scenario of Reynolds taking top performance and a guaranteed Championship 4 slot while Wolcott outscores Fujisaki by 8 points or more. Any other scenario is likely to see Fujisaki advance in one of the two remaining slots to break up the odds of the first ever Vilita & Turori Racer NSSCRA Pick 'em Playoff Chase Challenge trophy going back to Cassadaigua.

Wolcott's success against the other two will likely be driven by the performance of Saint Kanye's Skip Stiller, the primary differentiator in her lineup compared with the others. Reynolds, whose success is typically directly linked to the performances of Stacie Hosuton and Jeremiah Brooke, may instead have their fate decided by whether or not UrGa Motorsports controversial Gil Archer can put in a good showing at the Vangazi short track. For Fujisaki, consistency should be enough with the points advantage heading into the race but Gwen Tracer Allison of Valentine Z will be the driver to watch that could have the biggest impact on whether the handle of @FujiKYK22 will advance through to the final. Each participant shares two drivers in common across all three - Stacie Houston and Liangmei Li, meaning it will effectively come down to the selection of two drivers on each roster in a duel to fill the last two Playoff Chase Pick 'em Championship Round slots.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:06 pm

Race: Gryphon Supermarket 250, Imperial Speedway, South Stead, Vangaziland (Short Track)
Lap Record: 15.720 sec.

Qualifying Results:
1 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)                             15.956
2 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 15.965
3 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 15.966
4 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 15.971
5 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 15.988
6 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 16.006
7 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 16.027
8 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 16.038
9 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 16.039
10 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 16.040
11 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 16.067
12 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 16.081
13 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 16.093
14 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 16.094
15 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 16.097
16 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 16.108
17 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) 16.162
18 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 16.168
19 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 16.210
20 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 16.240
21 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 16.270
22 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 16.333
23 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 16.337
24 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 16.341
25 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 16.380
26 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 16.453
27 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 16.465
28 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 16.568
29 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) *Q* 16.572
30 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 16.578
31 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 16.648
32 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 16.707
33 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 16.734
34 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.796
35 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 16.840
36 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 16.874
37 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 16.894
38 #87- Jama'obo Pegasii (Vilita and Turori) 16.928
39 #83- Shigeru Tsuchie (Filindostan) *Q* 16.984
40 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 17.206
41 #50- Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) *Q* 17.253
42 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 17.489
43 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 17.492
44 #25- Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) *Q* 17.519 (open charter #2 user)
45 #04- Félix-Antoine Constantineau (Terre Septentrionale) *Q* 17.537
46 #53- Teija Kuusela (The Albali Republic) *Q* 17.591
47 #32- Waltteri Lehto (The Albali Republic) *Q* 17.603
48 #55- Rosalie Presseault-Espinoza (Terre Septentrionale) *Q* 17.648

49 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 17.656
50 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 17.660
51 #57- Gordon Orton (Appalachian Nation) *Q* 17.681
52 #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) 17.736
53 #75- Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) *Q* 17.819
Last edited by Newmanistan on Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:55 am

Image GUILLERMO RODOLFO ARCHER
@ItsGilArcher69

Congrats to @CHolmes81 4 bcoming Hapilopper natl animal! Although I would've gone w/ "Fatassus manchildus"

Image WILHELMINA DEMETER VON CÄRINTHEN
@queertrucker1998

2 whoever made the @CHolmes81 proposal, hope ur happy w/both fatshaming & making fun of the mentally challenged!

#NSSCRA : #Holmesgate : #TheTrueSickJoke : #HealthyAtAnySize

Image LESTER LEONIDAS BAXTER
@The_Leo_Baxter_420

Weird. Haps are weird.

#NSSCRA : #Holmesgate : #NotTheTurnip : #HapsAreWeird

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

TJUN-ia
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

The Land of The Royals Must Decide Our Fates

Postby TJUN-ia » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:52 am

ImageImage

It may seem unbelievable to many but we're in the land of the Royals. The Imperial Speedway in South Stead, Vangaziland hosts the 2nd-to-last race of NSSCRA Season 9 and the final race of Round 3 of the Chase. Once the chequered-flag come down tomorrow afternoon, the multiverse will know which 4 drivers will fight it out at the Proving Grounds in order to decide the champion. Stacie Houston and the Shark of River Suzgar have already qualified through race wins, but this is the last chance for the other 6 to stake their claim on Top 4 status.

Before I begin, we are sad that the team from Bolgano decided to pull out. Daniel Cretton, Roger Bipacks and Melissa Nilis were great competitors to race throughout the season and we would like to wish all of them well on their future endeavours.

Back to Houston for a minute, the Dagan currently in tied first at the top of the standings with her good friend - Jeremiah Brooke. Or should I say "more-than-friend" now? Yes, it is now true. "Stacemiah" has upgraded itself to support level 2 and I, on behalf of JR, would like to extend our congratulations to both of them. It's a big step to take and we hope that they find happiness during the remaining races, the offseason and beyond. I don't know if this will affect their chances in the Chase but if anyone can ride the storm, it's these two.

As for our drivers, they are starting to feel a bit...intrigued about the rest of the grid. We don't really talk to other teams and drivers, apart from mentions on twii.tur. We've not really been active outside of our circle since the change in leadership at the team, but Harpa Gylfisdóttir (@IsfruinJR) wants to change that. For the final few races of the season, we've been permitted to chill out outside of our paddock a bit more. In the case of South Stead, we decided to just go for a drink at a local pub. A good team bonding experience for many including myself, who actually got to drink for the first time since the TJUN 600. You've got to be able to write this stuff effectively, especially if the boss had to proofread this before it is published. Hi Harpa! Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry. I'm up for a coffee later if you'd like?

Anyway, moving on swiftly. Alfonso Mercado (@AM64) and Michael Stefan (@00Stefan) did very well today, qualifying in 17th and 10th respectfully. Each of them is certainly starting to feel more confident and it showed in the paddock beforehand. They could be seen passing a gridiron football between them, even trying to get other people to join in the fun. TJUN-ia's national gridiron football team had made a terrific start to their World Bowl campaign, currently 4-1 and tied at the top their group with Ko-oren and...Cassadiagua. They play the Dagans tonight and, if I can direct a suggest to the Team Cassadiagua camp, do you guys want to watch the game with us tonight? I know we will be opponents, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun. We have no issues with buying snacks from South Stead, so the offer's there if you'd like?

Jeremiah Brooke took pole for the Gryphon Supermarket 250, ahead of Centur Tiones. Houston starts 5th, open-charter Jama'obo Pegasii starts 38th and there will be two local drivers on the grid tomorrow: Ellie Lindskog in 41st and Kev Schorebrook, the 2nd open-charter driver, in 44th.

No matter if Dagan or Jaguar wins tonight, we will certainly be up for racing tomorrow as the Top 4 must be decided. Good luck to everyone still involved in the Chase and, for tonight, GO JAGS!
NSSCRA - JR

UN - U1

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:53 am

Kai Qiang had turned in a decent lap in qualifying, but since the track was so short, even a small fraction of a second could make several places difference on the starting grid. He was resting by the side of the track, talking to his crew chief and watching the last few cars run their laps, when he remembered that it was almost election day and he had not yet mailed his ballot. Most of the Sherpa drivers and crew members were voting by absentee ballot because it wasn't worth making a trip home just to put a ballot in a box. The rest didn't care enough to vote.

"Hey, Chang, remind me to vote before we leave for Tundra Falls," Qiang said.

"Okay, but don't vote for any crazy Maoists," said Chang.

"What's wrong with Maoists?" said Qiang.

"Revolutions get people killed," said Chang.

"Capitalism gets people killed," said Qiang. "I'm voting for the Rainbow Party, though. They're not Maoists." The Rainbow Party was a national party, not a regional one in the Chinese Territories, and they mostly cared about social issues. They were the party of environmental conservation, feminism, ethnic diversity, and LGBT rights.

"I can live with the Rainbow Party," said Chang.

They went back and forth between talking about the election and talking about the race. They were in pretty good shape for the race, but it was very important not to screw it up. If they did well here, they were in the final four. If they fucked it up, Liangmei Li and Gwen Tracer Allison were in very easy striking distance. Gwen had been kind of awful in qualifying, which meant she would have the misfortune of starting between Jeff Shreeves and a couple of washed up Vangazi has-beens -- but it was still very easy for the field to get shuffled around during the race if she got her shit together.

As they were talking, Qiang noticed out of the corner of his eye that his undercover bodyguard Tenzing had wandered off to schmooze with Alfonso Mercado. Earlier, when the TJUN-ians were playing around with a gridiron football, Tenzing had asked them to show him how to throw it. Gridiron football was virtually unknown in the Sherpa Empire, and the Sherpalanders did not know how to handle the strangely shaped ball. But Qiang got the feeling that Tenzing was not really interested in gridiron. He was interested in the TJUN-ian drivers, especially Mercado.
Last edited by The Sherpa Empire on Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:59 pm

With only two races left in the ninth season of the NSSCRA, the pressure is mounting; luckily for the GFR trio, there are plenty of ways to unwind in Vangaziland. Thea Alvarez shopped for Vannish bags and shoes, having known first hand about their fine quality from having received them as a gift two seasons ago. Jeremiah Brooke visited karaoke bars, singing Space Ogres songs perfectly, and decided to expand his knowledge of Vannish rock by catching other bands at live performances. He also spent time with his new girlfriend, Stacie Houston. Skip Stiller hung out at the outdoor basketball court outside their hotel. The Vannish are hoop fiends, much like Kanyeans, and there was no shortage of exciting moves, shots and games to watch. Stiller was even invited to play a few times, which he did.

For such an important race, the upcoming Gryphon Supermarket 250 didn't seem to draw much attention, much to the Yeezies' surprise. After all, it had been so long since a Vannish driver was able to qualify for an event. But with both Ellie Lindskog and Kev Schorebrook using their familiarity with the track to get in, there was a possibility of seeing more locals in the stands on race day.

Stiller and Alvarez both qualified mid-pack, twenty-second and twenty-fourth respectively at that. But since they were in a short track, they figured they could help each other out early on to make up positions. Brooke, meanwhile, took the pole, and so his focus is to fend off the rest of the field and stay in front for as long as he can. After the quals, he walked over to Houston's hauler intending to chat, stopping only to tell Kev's crew good job and good luck. At first Brooke was surprised that there was no hauler separating those of the 25 and 27, but then he remembered: Bolgano's team, which included the 26 of Roger Bipacks, had folded.

This news made the GFR trio sad when it came out in the middle of the week, and even more so Pyotr Lavrentiev back in St. Kanye. He himself had been part of a now defunct team, Motorsports Ceroat, but received a second chance, training for GFR by competing in the Kanyean lower series. Before his next race started, Lavrentiev told reporters that he will dedicate his performance to Roger Bipacks, Melissa Nilis, Daniel Cretton, and the crew and staff members of their team. He hopes that what happened to him happens to them, too, getting another shot at doing what they love, that is. (Lavrentiev eventually won that race, propelling him to third in the season standings; he wasted no time in telling his good friend and fellow Ceroatian Rustam Ilyich Yudin, now a participant in the Fleftic truck series.)

Kanyean race fans have also started to wonder if Beiyang would see the potential in the three Bolgano natives and consider having them in the auditions for their new team. Ricky Lee, a GFR prospect who has accepted the invitation to try out, said that it would be "interesting indeed" and "would definitely shake things up".

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19