NATION

PASSWORD

NSSCRA 9- Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sun May 17, 2020 8:14 am

The Penn 500 in Appalachian Nation had been a complete shitshow, at least as far as UrGa Motorsports Division was concerned. One of their drivers had decided to engage in a wheel-to-wheel war with another racing team for the stupidest of reasons, the other driver was not happy that her teammates were not giving her the same help that she had given them when they had asked of it, and their third and only non-chartered driver was not able to consistently keep up with his teammates.

It had all been going so good for Olga Gatutina up until now. Now things were looking like they were about to spiral out of control. Maybe that was the thing, she thought to herself. UrGa had been on such a good run at the start of the NSSCRA season that now the bad luck that they had managed to avoid was finally catching up to them. It can't end like this, Gatutina thought to herself. She had to admit that there was a little deja vu setting in for her right now. Her brother's team in WGP2 (also called UrGa Motorsports Division) had had a good start in that competition before falling away at the start of the second half of the season. In NSSCRA there were only a few races left before the end of the regular season and the start of the Chase, but it could be said that this was perhaps the worst possible time to get a poor run of races for any given team.

These thoughts were still brewing in Gatutina's mind as she went out of their briefing tent when she ran into someone standing a ways away from the UrGa garage. Gatutina didn't recognize her, but for some reason the woman felt familiar to her, or at least should feel familiar. The woman was tall, but also looked strangely young. "May I help you?" Gatutina asked her.

The woman nodded and then introduced herself with an overly long name that immediately identified her as a Valentian. Only they had such unbelievably long names in her experience. And out of that long string of names, Gatutina was only able to recall the first five: Head Diplomat Charlene Jeannie Natalia. Head Diplomat Charlene identified herself as a journalist, but she was quick to point out that she wasn't after rumors or clickbait, just information on what had happened in the tent earlier, which she couldn't help but hear.

Gatutina took a deep breath, and then she put herself into her "team principal" mindset before replying. "There's not much that I can tell you at the moment, Head Diplomat, other than the fact that we have had some disagreements between drivers at the moment. If you wish to know more, I suggest waiting for our official press release. Sorry, but that's all that I can tell you right now."

Guillermo Archer emerged from the UrGa tent with everyone's words still bouncing around in his mind. If he was being completely honest, none of his fellow UrGa teammates had yet managed to convince him to drop his vendetta against Jaguar Racing just yet. He could be stubborn that way. And another thing, he was now reconsidering his earlier stance that it was only Daniel Marx that had pissed him off. Now Alfonso Mercado was pissing him off as well. Gil knew that he had to be careful about that. He couldn't let Mercado get under his skin; it was he who had to get underneath Mercado's skin. But so far he had nothing against Mercado aside from the fact that the driver of the 64 was taking Gil's "war" against Jaguar Racing seriously. He would have to tread really, really carefully around this fellow, that was for sure.

What Gil was really looking forward to right now was getting back to his mobile home and crashing in his bed. Some races always left him feeling exhausted, and the Penn 500 was no exception. All he really wanted to do after a race like that was to rest. But it didn't look like he was about to get any rest anytime soon because there was this freakishly tall woman in his way. She looked to be between her late teens to early twenties, but there was something... not quite right about her. Gil couldn't put his finger on it. There was something... uncanny about her.

"Hello!" the woman said cheerfully, too cheerfully for Gil's tastes. "My name is Head Diplomat Charlene Jeannie Natalia Adeline Marceline..."

And there Gil finally understood it. The woman was from Valentine Z. Only the "people" from that country had such ludicrously long names. And being from Valentine Z meant that she had to be a robot or an android or some kind of mutated whatever.

"Hold it right there," Gil interrupted her. "No need to tell me more. I know who you are, or rather, what you are. Look, I don't know what you're about to say to me, but whatever it is, I'm just gonna tell you to shove it. And get off my face, you weirdo. I don't need your fucking plastic face haunting my dreams tonight. Now get out of my way."

For the first time since the second Big Ass Bash in Hapilopper, William Archer had come with the rest of the UrGa Motorsports Division for a NSSCRA weekend. This time their destination was Wreckeria, a nation just recently recovered from a bloody civil war. Unlike many in motorsports, William had a front-row seat in the machinations behind the Archer-JR war, and while William didn't really know what it was that had bitten his dad this time to take such drastic actions against another team, he wasn't really in any position to tell his father off about anything just yet.

William actually had two reasons to come to Wreckeria this time. The first was to begin getting acquainted with stock cars. It had come as a surprise to Gil when William had told him that he wanted to take part in the Rumble in the Rice Fields in the Sherpa Chinese Territories. Not just in open wheelers, mind, but also in stock cars, although depending on the schedule of the events that might be a little hard to pull off.

The second reason was because of Abdoulaye Goita. William had no idea how long the plan to bring Goita to a cameo in Saint Kanye had been, but once he heard about it something in William told him that maybe it was time to get acquainted with the current WGP2 champion. Maybe he could learn something from Goita seeing as now William had every intention of making the leap to the WGPC.

William was standing beside his father's car inside the UrGa garage. He was wearing civilian clothes, but had an ID identifying him as a member of UrGa's staff. That was true, or at least it had been until the start of the WGP2 preseason when someone in UrGa had misinterpreted the rules of the competition and cut both his and his teammate Taras Matviyenko's contracts with UrGa. Matviyenko made it back, but William had opted to sign for Lisander's Bitten Heroes, which had not been the best decision he had made in hindsight. Now William was in some sort of strange legal limbo where officially he was not part of UrGa in any capacity, but because of his planned entry into the Rumble in the Rice Fields he was going to be entered as an open charter user for IRACT (if he won the Rumble, that is), and while waiting for the Rumble to come around William was using UrGa's simulator to get used to stock car racing (although of course nothing was ever going to beat driving an actual stock car).

"What are you waiting for, William?" Gil asked his son. "The GFR garage is over there," he said, pointing down the row. "From what I heard, it's GFR that's paid for Goita's charter so if you wanna talk to the guy, he should be right over there. And even if he isn't, you can ask any of the Yeezies where he is."

"Hey, Dad, check out the Jaguar Racing garage," William said. "Looks like they've got new armbands out again."

"Yeah, I've seen them," Gil nodded. "Black armbands, right?"

"Yup," William nodded back. "So, what about it, Dad? Gonna say anything about it now?"

Gil thought about it for a brief moment then shook his head. "No, I don't think so. This time I think they've got a legitimately good reason for those armbands. This place, Wreckeria, just came through a very long civil war, William. If there's one time where I don't care about armbands so much, it's in a time like this. Remember, Abanhfleft also went through something like that."

"Yeah, Dad, I remember," William nodded, and then he walked over to the GFR garage to find Abdoulaye Goita.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sun May 17, 2020 11:56 am

Meghan Sharpe Update and more,
by Chelsea Dufresne, Concord Heights Times

Good afternoon race fans, it’s going to be time for action here in Wreckeria for the Warner Hall 400. That’s a pizza brand in the country, and I am always interested in trying out new food items or supporting a sponsor like that, so I did check one out yesterday and had some. It was fine. Nothing I am going to go nuts over, but if you are in Wreckeria for any reason, that by all means check it out.

Last night, after qualifying, Team Cassadaigua made an announcement concerning the driver situation of the #4 car for next season. As everyone knows by now, Meghan Sharpe is retiring after the season, and the team has done their due diligence in finding another driver for the car. This has led to a multitude of interest from other drivers hoping to get a seat in good Cassadagan equipment. In a way, it’s good to see they still feel that way about a car that is sitting 18th in the points and not currently positioned to make the Chase. The announcement was basic, and simply that the team will declare who the new driver is prior to the race in Bolgano. That’s right, next week, we will know who will be driving the #4 car next season. Then, you have to wonder about the domino effect of this move as silly season gets rolling. The Chris Holmes situation in Hapilopper has become interesting with Drake Stevenson taking over that ride. Frank Bronson was going to retire from the #8 car, and Stevenson, a driver who struggled at the open wheel level, moving to stock cars full time in the #8. However, now Stevenson seems as though he will be the new driver of the #81. Where does leave Chris Holmes now, and is the #8 seat something that is wide open for another driver? Might Bronson elect to come back? Now, it is has been suggested to me who the new driver of the #4 will be, and if that is the case, then there is an opening with that race team too that becomes available. How will that nation fill it? No, I am not going to start a rumor and say who that driver is likely to be. Then, we have open wheel champion (of the WGPC2 series) Abdoulaye Goita getting a start for Saint Kanye. That’s exciting to see, but what’s really up with Sage Caldwell? If Goita does really well, does his championship status become more appealing to that race team? Does Goita look to go to another NSSCRA race team?

Those are all interesting questions, but right now we can shift our attention and focus on the Warner Hall 400. Stacie Houston was the top Cassadagan qualifier, and starts 9th, narrowly edged by Jeremiah Brooke for 8th. Meghan Sharpe and Jenna Logan will start side by side in row 11. There are some rumors with the #11 car now surfacing that Pink Love is going to drop to an associate sponsorship role for the team for next season and that Dagan Airways is going to land as their new primary sponsor for next season. That may be something to follow soon, too.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun May 17, 2020 12:42 pm

Kai Qiang sat next to his crew chief Houzhi Chang on the flight to Wreckeria. Chang was a big burly man, so it was pretty crowded. They were talking shop about how the season was going and what they needed to do when they got to Halsted. "Be careful around Archer and those TJUN-ia guys," Chang said. "It's downright dangerous the way those guys have been driving."

"Huang Jia used to drive like that if someone pissed her off," said Qiang.

It was a useful conversation, but Qiang was having a hard time staying focused. Tsering and Kami were on their way to Guilin instead of coming to Halsted, and he missed them already. His other wife, Mendok, had recently accepted a job offer from IHS Guilin and Tsering was going to help her with house-hunting. And now on top of being apart from his family, Qiang had reminded himself of Jia Huang, an old friend who passed away last year.

Tsering was the one who had persuaded Mendok to take the job in Guilin rather than moving to Tibet. The fact that Qiang liked his home town wasn't enough to convince her, but when Tsering also said she felt more comfortable in the Chinese Territories, Mendok realized she was outvoted. It was also convenient being able to stay with Qiang's sister while they looked for a more permanent home. The apartment near the Flying Fish Taxi garage actually belonged to Kai Qiang, but his sister was living there and it was too small for everyone to share comfortably, so Mendok and Tsering were going to look for something more spacious. Qiang was busy with racing, but he figured he could trust the women to choose a decent place if they found one they both agreed on. It was easy for one person to have bad taste, but it was less likely for both of them to have bad taste in the same way.

When Qiang arrived in Halsted and found it full of repurposed military installations, that didn't do anything to brighten his mood. But when he got behind the wheel and felt his car roar to life, that brightened his mood. Then he remembered why he was still racing, even with all the hard work and the time away from his family. Cruising around the track in practice he felt peaceful and free. When Qiang had a choice between climbing the top of a banked turn to preserve his speed or taking a shorter but slower line on the inside, he usually preferred the high line -- but after looking around the track and driving some practice laps, he concluded that this was a track where he needed to cut to the inside.

Other people seemed to be reaching the same conclusion. Rinzi was a little slow to catch on, and he was still bumbling around trying to find his line long after Qiang had figured it out.

The gossip around the paddock was that Rinzi had his head in the clouds more than usual because he and Tashi had finally started talking to their families about getting married. The Sherpa Empire had a tradition of arranged marriages, and although it had become more common for people to choose their own partners, a lot of parents still expected to be very involved in the process. It was mostly Tashi's father that had old-fashioned ideas about marriage. Rinzi's mom stuck her nose in too, but that was less about needing to feel important and more about the fact that she just loved weddings. Narengawa Zakhilwal enjoyed cooking and decorating, and she wanted to create something spectacular for Rinzi's wedding with all sorts of beautiful decorations and delicious food.

Planning a wedding was going to be a delicate business because the families were so full of different personalities and cultural backgrounds. They had Muslims, Buddhists, Mormons, and atheists; Chinese, Mongols, Arabs, Sherpas, and Banijans -- all in two families. Bringing them all together was going to be...Interesting.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019

Postby Hapilopper » Sun May 17, 2020 2:55 pm

Halsted Raceway, Halsted, Wreckeria
After qualifying for the Warner Hall 400
Even after talking to those local drivers that ran at Halsted Raceway every weekend, and hearing about their desire to enjoy a peaceful life free of any war and any violence, Drake Stevenson still felt leery about competing in Wreckeria, and especially so close to an old True Wreckerian outpost. As he turned practice laps around the little flat oval, though, he started to gain a little bit of confidence in what he could do on the race track. It seemed like it was going to be a one-groove track, and the person that could use the low groove the best would possibly win.

Drake qualified 16th for the race, and as soon as he climbed out of his car, he spotted someone familiar hanging out with the GFR crew from Saint Kanye.

“Holy FUCK!” Drake shouted, a look of shock and delight in his face. “That’s Goita! Excuse me, gang, I’m going to go see him.”

Abdoulaye Goita, the World Grand Prix 2 Champion, was at the Halsted Raceway checking out the NSSCRA ahead of his stock-car debut in the Pencurve 500 in Saint Kanye. The two drivers’ paths had crossed a few times in the last several years. The two had auditioned for a seat for Eelandii VTGP. Drake got the seat, and Goita didn’t, the result of Drake running substantially quicker than Goita in testing. But aside from one magnificent performance in Vilita, Drake didn’t do much in the Eelandii, likely the product of an attempt to bring a career of stock car experience to his first open-wheel races ever.

But there was potential, and Drake took a seat with Nexus Racing for its WGP2 team, driving the massively-unconventional eight-wheeled Chase Cutter. Goita took a seat with SVJ Racing, and the results were almost the polar opposite as that test day in Dritten Asopie. Drake struggled mightily as he attempted to do something with a car that he had no idea how to drive, while Goita did just fine, thank you, winning the WGP2 championship. But it seemed like Drake had felt some sort of a bond with the Reçeucian, and wanted to come over to talk to him.

“Dude, I didn’t know you had an interest in stock car racing!” Drake said to Goita. “What do you think about this brand of racing?”

Meanwhile, Taylor Henderson was enjoying her time in Wreckeria, a place that, aside from the whole recovering from a decades-long war part, wasn’t all that different from Hapilopper. She had qualified third quickest, and had gotten the grip of her car. Maybe it was the fact that, growing up in the Hampton Cities back in Hapilopper, there was a track that wasn’t all that different from this one.

It was Monck’s Raceway in South Hampton, a track that Taylor won at a dozen times, including a track championship in 2017. The track, just like Halsted, was 4/10ths of a mile long and flat. You had to use the bumper to get your way, which inevitably would lead to chaos. In the Team Blue Center after qualifying, Taylor enthralled everyone with her tales of how driver Mike Alonso, pissed off about Taylor giving him the bump and run to take a win in a prestigious $5,000-to-win race, attempted to go after her.

“So, who here’s from the Hampton Cities?” Taylor asked. Several people raised their hands. “So you know how guys like to fight there. Last lap, and I was faster than that guy. I just gave him a nudge and he dropped out of the groove, I went by to win, and next thing I know, Mike’s coming after me, wanting to fight me.”

“So, what did you do?” asked Stevenson crew chief Lawrence Malloy.

“I was about to kick him in the balls, but my dad intercepted him and wrestled him to the ground,” Taylor explained. “Never seen daddy so angry in my life. I thought he was going to kill that guy.”

“Did he?” Malloy asked.

“Thank god, no,” Taylor laughed. “But it sure was interesting. The next week I came to Monck’s, everyone started cracking how I couldn’t fight my own fights. They said I was this dainty woman too weak to fight my own battles. It was a sign I had to get out of there. At least I proved them wrong that week.”

“What happened?”

“Mike dumped me for a win,” she explained. “I went over there and punched him. I mean, cleaned him out. He staggered for a bit, he went after me and I punched him again. The way they look at women in racing in Hapilopper, you have to scrap that much harder. You have to fight that much harder to be respected. And even then, they called it a sucker punch, called me a cheap shot artist. There was nothing wrong with what he did, they said, but me, oh, I was dirty, cheap and whatever.”

Listening in to the conversation, Frank Bronson was just taking in the atmosphere. He had yet to announce it, but he would be returning to Team Blue’s NSSCRA team for season 10. He was still trying to convince his wife to let him do it, and was trying to explain her that he would be a lot happier competing against the multiverse’s best than just staying at home and wondering if he could still do it. Earlier that day, Frank had confided with Drake Stevenson that he had made a mistake in announcing his retirement, and asked Drake what his significant other thought when he decided to go back racing.

“I don’t know, we’re not together anymore,” Drake said. “We quit talking. Like, two days before we left for Wreckeria, she said she had been seeing someone else, and that was that. Such is life, you know?”

“Did going racing have anything to do with it?” Frank asked.

“No,” Drake said. “She just decided to see someone else. I don’t know who it is and I don’t care. Her mistake, not mine. You concerned your wife’s gonna leave you?”

“A little,” Frank said. “You know, I did promise her I’d be done going around the multiverse after his year. But I had no way of knowing that Chris Holmes would flip his shit the way he did. I don’t even know if he’ll be racing with us next year. I heard something that he’d be driving for the Hawking team next year. Do you know anything about that?”

“Uh, what?” Drake asked.

“I heard something that Scott Hawking’s team was going to two cars – one for Scott and one for Holmes,” Frank explained. “And apparently Chet Byrd will be the team manager.”

“How’d they get the sponsorship for that?” Drake asked, a little surprised at the news.

“Well, apparently Warner Hall Pizza’s sponsoring them, I think,” Frank said.

It was true. While the local heroes were running their weekly program at Halsted Raceway, Chet Byrd, Chris Holmes and Scott Hawking were holding a press conference held by the NSSCRA’s beat reporters. Everything Frank had told Drake was true. Chet would end his 35-year relationship with Team Blue, while Chris would end his run with the team, joining the Hawking team. The Hawking team would apparently also benefit from an increased amount of support from Preston Autos.

When Chris and Chet ran into Amanda McAlister, they were not greeted warmly. She felt the two had betrayed the team. The two, however, felt they had made the right decision.

“Just a business decision, Amanda,” Chris said. “I’d love to be Drake’s teammate, but obviously you don’t want it.”
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

NSSCRA 9 - The Dart Group - Rumble in the Rice Fields

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sun May 17, 2020 4:16 pm

Dart Group prepares for Rumble in the Rice Fields

The Dart Group has today formally announced its intention to support a contingent of drivers in the upcoming Rumble in the Rice Fields event in the Sherpa Empire. The Dart Group will work with current Dart entries Vilita and Turori Motorsports and Team Tropicorp to put together an 7 car contingency for the event in Guilin province. It will not be the first time that the Dart has been represented in the race as Cocoabo #23 and iBen Toralmintii both competed in the inaugural Rumble in The Rice Fields event. Both drivers completed the full distance but finished 14th and 15th respectively, just ahead of local driver Shao Mengxia who has also been recruited to be a part of The Dart Group contingent for this seasons event.

With the Dart Group having released its new Hybrid Chassis this season, its two primary NSSCRA racing teams have found themselves with an excess of Standard Dart Chassis taking up space in their racing shops. While some have already been sold to Jaguar Racing of TJUN-ia for their program for NSSCRA Season 10 with a view to full Manufacturer support from the Dart Group, the teams were looking to The Dart Group to help facilitate sales of the prior seasons chassis as new Hybrid Dart's came off the production line. Having experienced the Rumble in the Rice Fields during NSSCRA Season 8, the Dart Group saw an opportunity to show off some of their product in The Sherpa Empire at the famous well known Guilan track.

The plan for the Rumble in the Rice Fields is for Vilita and Turori Motorsports and Team Tropicorp to each provide one fully-stocked Racing Hauler to support an 8 car contingent for the Rumble in the Rice Fields, with four of the cars being transported with the haulers and a further four being shipped in a separate transport through CoCoCo Logistics on a one way trip to The Sherpa Empire where they will continue their life on the IRACT circuit to be sold to local racers. One driver who has already agreed to purchase one of the NSSCRA 8 era Dart Chassis is Shao Mengxia. Shao, a member of the local Guilin club, finished 16th just behind iBen Toralmintii during the Rumble in the Rice Fields last season and is expected to be one of eight drivers piloting the Dart Chassis for the Rumble. The Shao chassis will also serve as the backup for The Dart Group contingent over the course of the Rumble in the Rice Fields event. Should any of The Dart Group cars have an issue in the practice or qualifying session that prevent it from being used in the Race, Shao's ride would go to one of The Dart Group contingent while Shao would driver her old IRACT chassis in the Rumble event.

The remaining seven cars will be driven by a selection of invitees of The Dart Group, Vilita and Turori Motorsports and Team Tropicorp. While The Dart Group has not officially released their driver roster for the event as it is still a number of weeks away, it has been reported that The Dart Group did request the use of the following numbers for the race: #07, #23, #37, #42, #77, #87 & #97. The inclusion of both #37 and #87 on the least strongly suggests that former NSSCRA driver and recent World Grand Prix 2 circuit race winner Jama'obo Pegasii will be part of The Dart Group Contingent for the event. Pegasii has already been rumored to be among those considered for the third Vilita and Turori Motorsports seat of Yraaga Gilli'i moves to Team Tropicorp at seasons end and bring with him personal financial backing from the Vilisorma Beverage Company through its Vilaye Energy Drink and Vilaye Roast brands. The use of #07 and #77 suggest the possible inclusion of one or both of iBen Toralmintii and Juracai Klianiota on the teams roster as well.

The Dart is the best selling personal vehicle transportation in the Tropics of Vilita with options including fully electric, fuel injected and self-piloting available. The Vilitan Dart is also the vehicle of choice for Vilita & Turori Motorsports in the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association. The Standard Dart has become a maintstay of transportation throughout the Vilitan Cove region while the newly released Hybrid Dart is available on-demand at special Dart Dealers throughout the Tropics. Electric Darts can be charged free at any Arcticala branded Charging Station through a special agreement between Arcticala Electric and the Dart group. The Dart Group has also recently expanded into TJUN-ia through a special market arrangement and will also begin providing motorsports chassis for TJUN-ia based Jaguar Racing. The Dart Group has been the official manufacturer used in competition for Vilita and Turori Motorsports since NSSCRA Season 4 and added Team Tropicorp as an official partner during NSSCRA Season 7. While the Dart Group is focused on providing dedicated support to Vilita and Turori Motorsports and Team Tropicorp during NSSCRA Season 9, they would be open to adding new teams or cars to their factory support stable if the right opportunity was available.

While The Dart Group continues its internationastatal expansion campaign, it is still heavily involved in supporting the Vilita and Turori Motorsports and Team Tropicorp entries into NSSCRA's 9th Season. The NSSCRA circuit has returned to Atlantian Oceania for the first ever Warner Hall 400 at the Halstead Raceway, one of the shortest tracks on the schedule. While short track ace Yraaga Gilli'i desperately hunts for the victory that would put them into the NSSCRA Chase, it was teammate Centur Tiones along with Team Tropicorp's Cocoabo #28 who led the way in qualifying for The Dart Group with both posting Top 5 starting positions. A former Dart Group driver, Rockii Ezis, has also continued their strong form with a sixth place starting position as the Rocket Motorsports driver looks closer than ever to achieving a first career NSSCRA victory. The field will be led to green by the rookie driver Valentina Freya Yadana Aye of Valentine Z who will be along side a future Dart Group driver in Jaguar Racing's Alfonso Mercado in outside pole position. When the checkered flag flies there will be just three races remaining in the Regular Season as drivers scramble to secure the final places in the NSSCRA Chase Playoff round.

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun May 17, 2020 5:12 pm

NSSCRA: BROOKE TAMES THE TRICKY TRIANGLE IN APPALACHIA
Kanyean becomes fourth driver with multiple wins this season

by Ray Wright

SHORT POND - St. Kanye's very own Glorious Free Republic Motorsports had a very dominant day at the recently concluded Penn 500, the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association event held at the Penn Motorsports Park here in the nation of Appalachia. Thea Alvarez, driver of the #46 Multiversal Automotive Coatings Chadwick, led 23 of 250 laps around the triangular track, finishing eighth; Skip Stiller of the #3 QED Car Rentals vehicle led 21 and was sixth; while Jeremiah Brooke led 76 in his #18 Hyde Medical Group machine and bagged win number two of the season.

Brooke joined elite company, being only the fourth repeat winner after Kai Qiang, River Suzgar and Stacie Houston. He took the lead with two laps to go in yet another display of "Yeezie magic" - the GFR drivers' ability to win races in the final moments. Valentian Clarissa Alanis Star, driver of the #7 Lhotse Love/Isalov Industries Eveline, was the runner up by only 0.001 second ahead of polesitter Frank Bronson. Interestingly, the Hapiloppian driver of the #8 HapiCorp Preston also finished third in a photo finish with the runner-up during Brooke's first win of the season at Tropicorp's Cocoabo Park Circuit almost four months ago.

Fourth was Abanhfleft's Wilma von Cärinthen in the #98 Lesmash Luxur, followed by Houston in the #27 Five Star Mobile Blaze for Team Cassadaigua. She kept the driver points lead over Brooke, but it has now been reduced to just three points. Seventh between Stiller and Alvarez was Sherpalander Liangmei Li in the #89 Xianglian Sportswear TMW; ninth was her teammate Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal in the #06 Mayhem AutoModi; tenth was Vilita & Turori Motorsports' Yraaga Gilli'i in the #41 Tropicorp Dart. Everyone finished the race save for Banija's Jelan Ozoemena (#99), who quit midway.

The three GFR cars were battling for position within the front pack with about thirty laps remaining; Brooke eventually moved himself free from Stiller and Alvarez and then started picking the leaders off one by one. "That was a great run the whole way, from battling my teammates, to overtaking some tough challengers, to taking the lead and holding on to it. I'm glad I was able to succeed in that challenge, and I couldn't have done it without a great car and a very capable crew", Brooke said after the race. He also thanked his fans and sponsors, among others. Meanwhile, Stiller said, "While we didn't win, it was great to have us all in contention near the end; one or two things done differently and victory could have been ours. It wasn't, but at least it was a teammate. Congrats to Jeremiah."

For the second straight race, there have been reports of excessively aggressive driving going on between Fleftic driver Guillermo Archer (#96) and TJUN-ia's Michael Stefan (#00) and Alfonso Mercado (#64). "I bet the drivers stuck behind these guys while they were having at it were really frustrated, they're being held up and they'll be in the line of fire when Gil [Archer's nickname] and the Jags [TJUN-ians] end up taking each other out", said a fan of Bronson's teammate Taylor Henderson (#73), who refused to be identified. "All Wilma wanted was a push to the front, but she never got it, since Gil had his hands full with Mercado and Stefan. That, I think, is the main reason why the #98 lost", said another anonymous fan, this one of WVC.

The next track for the NSSCRA to visit will be the 0.4 mile short Halstead Raceway in the city of Halstead in Wreckeria; the race shall be known as the Warner Hall 400. "If those guys [Archer, Mercado, Stefan] keep going at each other on the short track, things are gonna get messy, I bet. No one's been hurt by their shenanigans yet, but are we gonna stand around and wait until someone does? I'm not against racing others hard, but there's a time and a place for that. Even Skip, who's known for being unafraid of a little contact, doesn't use his bumper all the time", Alvarez told the Kibitzer.

Joining the GFR camp at Halstead will be Recuecian World Grand Prix 2 champion Abdoulaye Goita, but he will not use an open charter - rather, he will be observing the Kanyean drivers and crew on and off the track in preparation for his entry into the upcoming Pencurve Electronics 500. All NSSCRA qualifying sessions and races will be broadcast live on SKYNET (Saint KanYe NETwork) Sports Channel 12, and online at nsscra.skynet.stk.

OFFICIAL STANDINGS - Race 22 of 36 (Short Pond)

1. #18 Jeremiah Brooke (STK) (Top Kanyean driver)
2. #7 Clarissa Alanis Star (VEZ)
3. #8 Frank Bronson (HAP) (Polesitter)
4. #98 Wilma von Cärinthen (AFT) (Top rookie)

5. #27 Stacie Houston (CDG)
6. #3 Skip Stiller (STK)
8. #46 Thea Alvarez (STK)
16. #44 Kai Qiang (SHW) (Last week's winner)
17. #64 Alfonso Mercado (TJU) (Top unchartered driver)
38. #34 Matthew Conrad (HPI) (Open charter user 1)
42. #71 Brett Pickles (APY) (Top hometown driver; open charter user 2)

DRIVER POINTS

1. #27 Stacie Houston (CDG) - 792 (2W)
2. #18 Jeremiah Brooke (STK) - 789 (2W)
3. #44 Kai Qiang (SHW) - 760 (3W)
T4. #2 Centur Tiones (VNT) - 754 (1W)
T4. #8 Frank Bronson (HAP) - 754 (1W)
5. #14 River Suzgar (VNT) - 752 (2W)
6. #3 Skip Stiller (STK) - 746 (1W)
10. #46 Thea Alvarez (STK) - 718 (1W)

BATTLE FOR ROTY

1. #15 Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (VEZ) - 719 (1W)
2. #96 Guillermo Archer (AFT) - 692 (1W)
3. #73 Taylor Henderson (HAP) - 660
4. #00 Michael Stefan (TJU) - 573
5. #98 Wilma von Cärinthen (AFT) - 447

NEXT RACE

Warner Hall 400 @ Halstead Raceway, Halstead, Wreckeria

PAINTJOB SCHEDULE

#3: QED Car Rentals
#18: Vylet
#46: GGtech
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Sun May 17, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tropicorp » Sun May 17, 2020 5:48 pm

With another race in the books, Cocoabo #28 is moving slowly closer to becoming the first Cocoabo and first driver for Team Tropicorp to advance to the NSSCRA Playoff Chase. A solid Top 15 finish in the Appalacian Nation maintained the Cocoabo's advantage over the 17th position in the Regular Season standings at 51 points. That number is significant as 51 points is the maximum any driver could earn from a single event. If Cocoabo #28 can maintain or expand on the 51 point advantage over 17th place they could actually clinch a spot in the NSSCRA Playoff rounds prior to the Pencurve Electronics 500 in Saint Kanye. Until then, the team will have the notch dialed up to about 90%, needing to maintain their pace but understanding that a 15th place finish like they had in Short Pond would be far more valuable to the team then to push for a Top 10 finish and end up with a DNF. With the points scenario the way it is, Team Tropicorp is nearly at the point of being 'All in' on Cocoabo #28's season although they still believe it is possible for Cocoabo #78 to make the Championship Playoff round with two victories in the next four events including the Pencurve Electronics 500 where Cocoabo #78 could be among the favorites.

If Cocoabo #78 can't visit victory lane during the Atlantian Oceania swing, however, it will be all resources behind the #28 car from that point forward. There are also rumors that Anavella Ariiki could be replaced behind the wheel of Team Tropicorp's #88 Hybrid Dart machine. In her second full NSSCRA season Ariiki has had just one bright spot - the near stolen victory at the Cocoabo Preservation 300K. Ariiki is out of contract at the end of the season and has been rumored to be in contention for a variety of rides. While it seems unlikely the Team Tropicorp driver will be named to replace Meghan Sharpe on Team Cassadaigua, they could be in the running for the seat vacated by whichever driver does take over the #4 Spacebook Blaze for next season. There is also the possibility of other teams expanding their operation and making room for a driver such as Anavella Ariiki, including TJUN-ia based Jaguar Racing who currently field two cars on a weekly basis but will be migrating over to the Dart chassis for NSSCRA Season 10 and may be able to leverage the experience Ariiki has in piloting the Dart around the NSSCRA circuits.

While things had quieted down in regards to the mini-tantrum thrown by Li Liangmei in the direction of the Cocoabo drivers, a new controversy presented itself as Starlight Suites presented a new Driver Knockout Bracket. The competition, which purported to wonder which driver had the best body of Work in the NSSCRA over at least two seasons of competition, did not include a single Cocoabo Driver yet among those presented as an option in the bracket was Appalachian Nation driver Jeff Shreeves. The inclusion of Shreeves in the Poll at the expense of any Cocoabo drivers immediately cast a doubt on the legitimacy of the Bracket Competition and had many wondering whether the Starlight Suites corporation which is a sponsor of James McCurty on the NSSCRA circuit is actually anti-Cocoabo. Neither the Cocoabo Preservation Society nor Starlight Suites could be immediately reached for comment on the issue.
- Tropicorp -

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sun May 17, 2020 6:00 pm

Race: Warner Hall 400, Halstead Raceway, Halstead, Wreckeria (Short Track)
Lap Record: 14.935 sec.
Minimum Time to Avoid DNF: 17.000 sec.

Segment 1:
1 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori)                  15.130
2 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 15.166
3 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 15.176
4 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 15.196
5 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 15.200
6 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 15.211
7 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 15.214
8 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 15.218
9 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 15.233
10 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) *Q* 15.271
11 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 15.278
12 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 15.294
13 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 15.306
14 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 15.325
15 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 15.328
16 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 15.332
17 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 15.341
18 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 15.341
19 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 15.351
20 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 15.356
21 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 15.373
22 #13- Brigadegeneral Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 15.391
23 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 15.404
24 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 15.427
25 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 15.448
26 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 15.468
27 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 15.496
28 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 15.510
29 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 15.528
30 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 15.540
31 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 15.548
32 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 15.630
33 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 15.686
34 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 15.724
35 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 15.725
36 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) 15.747
37 #30- Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) 15.795
38 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 15.827
39 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.086
40 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 16.140
41 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 16.278
42 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 16.323
43 #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) 16.334
44 #26- Roger Bipacks (Bolgano) *Q* 16.614
45 #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) 17.030 DNF
46 #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) *Q* 17.221 DNF

Segment 2:
1 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori)                  15.139
2 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 15.142
3 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 15.151
4 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 15.172
5 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 15.176
6 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 15.182
7 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 15.187
8 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 15.197
9 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) *Q* 15.212
10 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 15.214
11 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 15.236
12 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 15.252
13 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 15.256
14 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 15.305
15 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 15.308
16 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 15.320
17 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 15.339
18 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 15.350
19 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 15.360
20 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 15.362
21 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 15.364
22 #30- Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) 15.366
23 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 15.370
24 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 15.392
25 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 15.396
26 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 15.426
27 #13- Brigadegeneral Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 15.475
28 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 15.489
29 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 15.499
30 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 15.507
31 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 15.566
32 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 15.570
33 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 15.684
34 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) 15.713
35 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 15.745
36 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 15.751
37 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 15.773
38 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 15.838
39 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 16.333
40 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.400
41 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 16.522
42 #26- Roger Bipacks (Bolgano) *Q* 16.613
43 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 16.636
44 #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) 17.358 DNF

Segment 3:
1 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire)        15.087
2 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 15.100
3 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 15.138
4 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 15.154
5 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 15.168
6 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 15.169
7 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 15.217
8 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 15.224
9 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 15.231
10 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 15.232
11 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 15.262
12 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 15.271
13 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 15.283
14 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 15.295
15 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 15.300
16 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 15.303
17 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 15.322
18 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 15.328
19 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 15.333
20 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 15.355
21 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) *Q* 15.361
22 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 15.362
23 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 15.424
24 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 15.442
25 #30- Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) 15.462
26 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 15.476
27 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 15.493
28 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 15.506
29 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 15.561
30 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 15.584
31 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 15.609
32 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) 15.744
33 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 15.810
34 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 15.846
35 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 15.969
36 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 16.053
37 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 16.063
38 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 16.284
39 #26- Roger Bipacks (Bolgano) *Q* 16.714
40 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 16.791
41 #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) 17.031 DNF
42 #13- Brigadegeneral Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 17.268 DNF
43 #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) 17.705 DNF

Segment 4:
1 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)                15.122
2 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 15.165
3 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 15.167
4 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 15.185
5 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 15.185
6 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 15.243
7 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 15.297
8 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 15.318
9 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 15.351
10 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 15.356
11 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 15.358
12 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) 15.365
13 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 15.368
14 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 15.407
15 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 15.441
16 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 15.453
17 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 15.469
18 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 15.535
19 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 15.555
20 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 15.581
21 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 15.584
22 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 15.616
23 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 15.623
24 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 15.663
25 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 15.676
26 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 15.760
27 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 15.819
28 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) 15.853
29 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 15.943
30 #30- Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) 15.972
31 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 16.051
32 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 16.073
33 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 16.107
34 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 16.279
35 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 16.304
36 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 16.490
37 #26- Roger Bipacks (Bolgano) *Q* 16.671
38 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 16.711
39 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) *Q* 16.871
40 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 16.940

Segment 5:
1 #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan)                    15.128
2 #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 15.133
3 #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) 15.141
4 #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 15.189
5 #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) 15.191
6 #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) 15.191
7 #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) 15.225
8 #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) 15.241
9 #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) *Q* 15.273
10 #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) 15.281
11 #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 15.294
12 #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 15.302
13 #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 15.312
14 #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) 15.317
15 #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 15.329
16 #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 15.329
17 #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 15.334
18 #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) 15.346
19 #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 15.385
20 #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) 15.413
21 #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 15.424
22 #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) *Q* 15.487
23 #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 15.535
24 #30- Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) 15.563
25 #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) 15.571
26 #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) 15.634
27 #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 15.637
28 #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) 15.683
29 #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) 15.828
30 #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) 15.835
31 #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) 15.838
32 #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 15.886
33 #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) 16.234
34 #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) 16.308
35 #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) 16.373
36 #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) *Q* 16.515
37 #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 16.554
38 #26- Roger Bipacks (Bolgano) *Q* 16.712
39 #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 16.751
40 #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 16.797

Final Results:
+-----+-------------------------------------------------------------+--------+
| Pos | Driver | Avg. |
| 1 | #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) | 15.202 | WINNER
| 2 | #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori) | 15.222 |
| 3 | #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) | 15.231 |
| 4 | #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) | 15.264 |
| 5 | #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) | 15.284 |
| 6 | #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) | 15.286 |
| 7 | #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z) | 15.289 |
| 8 | #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft) | 15.318 |
| 9 | #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) | 15.330 |
| 10 | #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) | 15.361 |
| 11 | #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) | 15.374 |
| 12 | #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire) | 15.374 |
| 13 | #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper) | 15.377 |
| 14 | #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) | 15.401 |
| 15 | #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) | 15.438 |
| 16 | #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) | 15.441 |
| 17 | #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) | 15.455 |
| 18 | #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) | 15.473 |
| 19 | #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) | 15.497 |
| 20 | #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) | 15.515 |
| 21 | #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) | 15.517 |
| 22 | #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) | 15.521 |
| 23 | #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) | 15.545 |
| 24 | #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) | 15.555 |
| 25 | #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) | 15.561 |
| 26 | #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) | 15.580 |
| 27 | #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) | 15.598 |
| 28 | #30- Lexi Patterson (Jebslund) | 15.632 |
| 29 | #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) | 15.648 |
| 30 | #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) | 15.691 |
| 31 | #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) | 15.710 |
| 32 | #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) | 15.745 |
| 33 | #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) | 15.799 |
| 34 | #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) | 15.873 |
| 35 | #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z) | 15.922 |
| 36 | #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) | 15.931 |
| 37 | #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) | 15.934 |
| 38 | #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) | 16.227 |
| 39 | #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) | 16.361 |
| 40 | #26- Roger Bipacks (Bolgano) | 16.665 |
| 41 | #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) | DNF |
| 42 | #13- Brigadegeneral Eva Kerman (Jebslund) | DNF |
| 43 | #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) | DNF |
| 44 | #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) | DNF |
| 45 | #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z) | DNF |
| 46 | #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) | DNF |

Point Standings (After 23 Races):
| Pos | Driver | Points |
| 1 | #18- Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye)*** | 839 |
| 2 | #27- Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua)** | 835 |
| 3 | #44- Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire)*** | 804 |
| 4 | #14- River "Shark" Suzgar (Vilita and Turori)** | 797 |
| 5 | #2- Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori)* | 791 |
| 6 | #8- Frank Bronson (Hapilopper)* | 788 |
| 7 | #3- Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye)* | 769 |
| 8 | #89- Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire)* | 761 |
| 9 | #46- Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)* | 759 |
| 10 | #06- Rinzi Aogar Zakhilwal (The Sherpa Empire)* | 757 |
| 11 | #41- Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori) | 736 |
| 12 | #96- Guillermo Archer (Abanhfleft)* | 731 |
| 13 | #15- Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (Valentine Z)* | 722 |
| 14 | #28- Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp)* | 717 |
| 15 | #7- Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z)* | 704 |
| 16 | #31- Gwen Tracer Allison (Valentine Z)* | 689 |
| 17 | #73- Taylor Henderson (Hapilopper) | 676 |
| 18 | #4- Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) | 673 |
| 19 | #11- Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) | 647 |
| 20 | #30- Lexi Patterson (Jebslund)* | 614 |
| 21 | #48- Rockii Ezis (Newmanistan) | 611 |
| 22 | #00- Michael Stefan (TJUN-ia) | 611 |
| 23 | #0- Hana Bhe (Filindostan) | 607 |
| 24 | #12- Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria)* | 579 |
| 25 | #78- Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) | 563 |
| 26 | #88- Anavella Ariiki (Tropicorp) | 563 |
| 27 | #13- Brigadegeneral Eva Kerman (Jebslund) | 555 |
| 28 | #81- Chris Holmes (Hapilopper) | 497 |
| 29 | #98- Wilma von Cärinthen (Abanhfleft) | 479 |
| 30 | #10- Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) | 474 |
| 31 | #6- Alex Knight (Hampton Island) | 425 |
| 32 | #21- Paul Nystrom (New Northwesteros) | 378 |
| 33 | #80- Leonidas Baxter (Abanhfleft) | 314 |
| 34 | #5- Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) | 291 |
| 35 | #23- James McCurty (Hampton Island) | 282 |
| 36 | #22- Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) | 242 |
| 37 | #66- Hengxing Tian (The Northern Chinese Republic) | 215 |
| 38 | #64- Alfonso Mercado (TJUN-ia) | 207 |
| 39 | #9- Liuyong Xu (New Northwesteros) | 203 |
| 40 | #09- Daniel Cretton (Bolgano) | 194 |
| 41 | #99- Jelan Ozoemena (Banija) | 187 |
| 42 | #53- Teija Kuusela (The Albali Republic) | 154 |
| 43 | #54- Scott Hawking (Wreckeria) | 152 |
| 44 | #33- Tyler Linde (New Northwesteros) | 148 |
| 45 | #77- Katarzyna Owczarzak-Kostrzewska (Terre Septentrionale) | 146 |
| 46 | #52- Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) | 144 |
| 47 | #1- Vanda Rosa Cordeiro Kerman (Jebslund) | 126 |
| 48 | #24- Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) | 99 |
| 49 | #38- Elio Aaron (Esmerel) | 85 |
| 50 | #81- Drake Stevenson (Hapilopper) | 76 |
| 51 | #83- Noriyasu Nagai (Filindostan) | 56 |
| 52 | #42- Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) | 55 |
| 53 | #83- Fiona Sunarya (Filindostan) | 50 |
| 54 | #25- Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) | 47 |
| 55 | #19- Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) | 41 |
| 56 | #01- Cristensen Kalsters (Islas Aaland) | 31 |
| 57 | #17- Tyler Abbott (Cassadaigua) | 31 |
| 58 | #79- Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) | 29 |
| 59 | #49- Lotara Novorali (Vilita and Turori) | 27 |
| 60 | #20- Pyotr Lavrentiev (Saint Kanye) | 24 |
| 61 | #45- Ben Carpenter (Esmerel) | 23 |
| 62 | #20- David Rockingham (Esmerel) | 22 |
| 63 | #32- Waltteri Lehto (The Albali Republic) | 17 |
| 64 | #63- Jamie Isabella Eirian (Valentine Z) | 16 |
| 65 | #16- Tucker Capps (Xanneria) | 15 |
| 66 | #57- Gordon Orton (Appalachian Nation) | 11 |
| 67 | #40- Ongmu Yeti (The Sherpa Empire) | 10 |
| 68 | #04- Félix-Antoine Constantineau (Terre Septentrionale) | 10 |
| 69 | #26- Roger Bipacks (Bolgano) | 10 |
| 70 | #34- Matthew Conrad (Hampton Island) | 9 |
| 71 | #59- Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) | 7 |
| 72 | #75- Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) | 5 |
| 73 | #71- Brett Pickles (Appalachian Nation) | 5 |
| 74 | #69- Hauptfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) | 2 |

Next Race: Race 24 (May 20)- Marele Tropical Speedway, Bolgano (Speedway)
Last edited by Newmanistan on Sun May 17, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Mon May 18, 2020 2:25 am

Halstead Raceway, Halstead, Wreckeria
The Warner Hall 400

Some NSSCRA fans like short track events more than other types of races. Since the cars are more bunched up, positions are gained or lost more rapidly. The battles, some say, are more exciting, and the one going on during the final portion of the race at Wreckeria was no exception.

Among the front pack are cars bearing the logos of Vylet and Five Star Mobile. To the uninformed viewer, they may look like rival companies, but they really aren't. The former is a Kanyean internet service provider, while the latter is a Cassadagan phone carrier. They serve a similar (though not exactly the same) purpose, but cater to a different, possibly mutually exclusive set of customers. However, their sponsored drivers, Jeremiah Brooke and Stacie Houston respectively, have been going at each other hard with less than forty laps to go. Brooke wished to follow up his victory in Appalachia a week prior, while Houston wanted to retain and increase her lead in the driver point standings, currently a mere three points over none other than Brooke.

Just like last week, the battle between the two lasted for several laps, with neither getting past the other by more than a car length at a time. The same intensity was present in the pit boxes of both racers, as their crews barked out commands. And just like last week, the #18 of Brooke would prevail, nudging (but not wrecking) the #27 of Houston to move up to second. Now the only one standing in the Yeezie's quest for back to back wins now is the #14 car driven by another series powerhouse, River Suzgar.

With twenty-one laps to go, the Shark, as Suzgar is known, had a huge lead. But Brooke is turning out faster laps even as he's also holding off Houston and the rest of the advancing pack in addition to trying to chase Suzgar. Thea Alvarez, another Kanyean, is in thirty-second position after a green flag pit stop for two tires and a splash of fuel. She'll be important later. Twelve to go. The #14 and #18 are now just a second and change apart. The pack were also closing in. Six to go. Suzgar and Brooke are now side by side, the former still ahead by a nose or so. Sherpa driver Kai Qiang is in third, having passed Houston some time ago. Alvarez and her #46 car have entered the top ten. Three to go. Brooke has taken the lead. Two to go. Suzgar has retaken the lead. White flag. Brooke. Coming to the checkered flag. Suzgar.... until Brooke slipped past him on the inside and took the win by 0.02 second.

Brooke can't believe it. He'd just won his second straight, third total, and taken the points lead. After the usual burnout and podium photo session, he celebrated with his crew members and took interviews. Alvarez was happy to finish sixth, given how many positions she'd climbed before salvaging a top ten. Skip Stiller, the third Yeezie, was twenty-fourth, his #3 sustaining damage from a prior incident on the track. However, his teammates' performances, as well as the free pizza from the event sponsors, cheered him up a little.

These are transcripts from the videos posted online by the GFR trio to get votes for the Starlight Driver Knockout Bracket.

"Hey there Skippers, it's me, your leader. Don't forget to tell your friends, family, friend's family, even random people on the street, to vote for me, Skip Stiller, in the Starlight Driver Knockout Bracket. And while you're at it, why not drop a vote for a fellow oldt.... I mean, accomplished driver, Meghan Sharpe. I hope to see us both through until we're pitted against each other. What are you waiting for? Let's do this!"

"Hey everyone, I'm Jeremiah Brooke. You might know me from the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association. As much as I'm aiming to win races, I'm also aiming to win the hearts of all of you race fans. Please vote for me in the Starlight Driver Knockout Bracket, and for my friend Stacie Houston as well. It would be a truly epic matchup if I eventually face her in a later round, don't you think? Thank you very much, and become a Jeremaniac today!"

"What's up? This is Thea Alvarez, and I want you, yes you watching this, to join the Alvarez Army! All it takes is a vote for me in the Starlight Driver Knockout Bracket. Easy, right? And Cocoabo fans, don't feel left out! I've got your back. I like them too. Say hi, Cocoabo #46! A vote for me is a vote for them, so get clicking!"

In Jalton, St. Kanye, preparations for the Pencurve Electronics 500 continue. Jalton Superspeedway management have placed an order with a TJUN-ian company for 200,000 armbands, in the Kanyean national colors of purple and lime, to be given away to spectators. The event sponsor will continue their tradition of giving a Pencurve laptop and smartphone to the race winner, and if a different person, the regular season champion. Hapiloppians Chris Holmes and Chet Byrd and Ajian Noriyasu Nagai will be banned from bringing, purchasing, acquiring or consuming alcoholic beverages within track premises, including the garage areas, due to their actions at the Jungle Fever Afterparty while under the influence. (OOC: The last statement won't be public knowledge until the Pencurve race weekend.)
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Mon May 18, 2020 5:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

New Northwesteros
Envoy

Founded: May 21, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Northwesteros » Mon May 18, 2020 6:06 pm

(OOC: This was discussed with Abanhfleft and Valentine Z through TG.)

Tyler Linde was having a good start to the Warner Hall 400. He had started twenty-third, but has moved up quickly, as drivers do on a short track. Less than thirty laps in and he's already knocking on the door of the top ten. It was not unexpected that Linde would be surrounded by notable names while in the front pack, and they're not about to give their positions up quickly.

Linde tried to pass Thea Alvarez, but the Kanyean knew what he was up to and immediately threw a block. A gap opened up between some cars, but just before Linde could take advantage, Frank Bronson beat him to it. A badly timed lane change allowed Stacie Houston to overtake the Northwesterosi. And then there were the rookies. Valentina Aye and Guillermo Archer were in their first season like Linde, but they're both chartered and have wins to their name.

"15 on your outside, still there, still there, still there...." Linde's spotter told him on the radio, referring to Aye.

"Copy. Damn, I can't get past her."

"96 closing in, Ty." That's Archer. "He's trying to make it three wide."

"I'm trapped on the inside, can't shake them off. Just gotta make sure that.... hey, what the f--k?"

Going into turn two, Aye's #15 made contact with Linde's #33. The former swerved and met the inside wall, but the latter rolled over several times before coming to stop on its roof. This immediately brought out a caution.

"Ty? Are you alright? Are you there? Ty?" came the concerned voice of the #33's spotter on the radio.

For a few seconds, there was silence. But Linde only suffered minor injuries, and was able to respond to his crew. His car wasn't as fortunate though. There was no amount of work that could turn the crumpled pile of metal back into a working race car, and so Linde would have to quit. He was the first to do so, classifying him last.

Linde's mood, like his car, took a big hit. He was making a good move toward the front, only to be caught in a stupid wreck, exiting the race that he had high hopes for with just a single point to show for it. He spoke to Aye in the infield care center, expressing his frustration over what had just occurred.

"What's the deal with that, huh? Come on, what's up with that? Why'd you wreck me? It's not like I'm a threat to you for Rookie of the Year. And..... I thought we were cool. Heck, we played basketball together, remember that? Why, Valentina? Why?" Linde just wanted to talk, not fight. He knew Valentians are pacifists, but if angered, he'd likely get crushed by the tall race like a mosquito.

The Northern Chinese Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Northern Chinese Republic » Mon May 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Hengxing Tian went home to the family estate in Beidaihe between the Penn 500 and the Warner Hall 400. He had no interest in spending more time in Wreckeria than he had to.

He was lounging on a deck overlooking the sea, reading the news. Most of the motorsports coverage didn't even mention him. It stung a little, but it wasn't really surprising. And then he found a little news item on a racing news site that did mention him:

Beiyang, China's largest auto-maker, has confirmed plans to launch an NSSCRA team next spring in season 10. The company has not yet announced who will drive their cars, but there is speculation that they may be considering Li Liangmei, Wang Dinggu, Tian Hengxing, Chris Holmes, or Anavella Ariiki. Other rumors have hinted that they might purchase a trained cocoabo from Tropicorp to save money on driver salary.

Tian was deeply disturbed by this. He felt insulted by the implication that signing him and buying a cocoabo were equally valid options, and ashamed that it was probably a fair assessment. He was also worried to see Ariiki and Tropicorp mentioned because Tropicorp had money. If they decided to throw their weight around, it would take more than just a fat check to get them out of the way. Tian had the advantage of being Chinese, which would appeal to patriotic racing fans, but he really needed to be doing better at the track and giving them more reasons to sign him...

Soon he had to leave for Halsted so he could get in some practice before the Warner Hall 400. Qualifying went about the usual, with Tian in 39th. And the race got off to about the usual start. Tian wasn't dead last, but he wasn't wowing anybody either. Midway through the race, Hana Bhe was trying to nudge him out of her way, but Tian did not want to be pushed to the outside. He tried to stay in his groove and not allow Bhe to pass him -- but it didn't work and he only succeeded in spinning out.

Tian was steaming mad, but he didn't get a lot of sympathy from people watching the race. Most people thought he had been too stubborn.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Tue May 19, 2020 6:33 am

Guillermo Archer had always said that he wanted to be the asshole of NSSCRA Season 9. At the Warner Hall 400 in Halstead, Wreckeria, it looked as if he would finally get his wish.

Everyone close to Gil had been advising him to ease up on his "war" with Jaguar Racing of TJUN-ia. They had already been saying that to him ever since he sent out his first twii against the team all those months ago, back in the height of the Taylor Henderson controversy. Back then all he really didn't like about JR was their proclivity (wow, big word!) for throwing on armbands whenever it was convenient for them to do so. But now that it had turned into an actual shoving battle on the track between him and JR, Gil was finding more and more things not to like about Jaguar Racing. One of those things was their driver Alfonso Mercado. The dude was only 18 years old and yet he already appeared to have bags of aggression enough to rival Gil himself. Not that Gil minded; he actually considered aggression to be an important skill for a racecar driver to have. He was just not used to being on the receiving end of such aggression.

Gil had already been warned about taking his fight with Jaguar Racing to the track. Twice he had disregarded that advice and banged around his car and that of both Mercado and his teammate Michael Stefan. Twice he had turned himself and the two other drivers (although it was mostly Mercado) into rolling roadblocks and hazards to the rest of the field, and that had been on a superspeedway and a speedway respectively. Now the calendar had taken NSSCRA to a short track, where there was little if any room at all for any driver to make contact without potentially causing a Big One, and for once Gil actually appeared to want to heed the advice of his peers and friends.

Until Gil saw the qualifying results at least, and then every thought of maintaining a semblance of safe driving left his brain. That bastard Mercado had the gall to not only make it into the race as one of the fastest must-qualify drivers but also to be the second-fastest driver on the grid overall. Just a hundredth of a second behind the polesitter, the Valentian named Valentina. Aside from the fact that they were robots and freaks, Gil didn't really have any sort of fight or vendetta with the Valentian drivers. But Alfonso Mercado... he was something else entirely.

Gil wanted Mercado's ass. He wanted it bad. And Gil didn't care if he had to come through the rest of the field to bang around with the uppity teenager again.

Gil had already mentally painted a target on the back of the 64 car even before the command to start their engines was given. And once the race had finally begun, Gil immediately begun weaving through the rest of the pack in order to lay his bumper on Mercado's rear. Or at least that was the plan. In his haste to restart his war with Jaguar Racing yet again, Guillermo Archer had seemingly forgotten that he was driving on a short track. There would be little if any room for error.

The good thing was that Alfonso Mercado began falling away from the leaders as the race got going. The bad news was that Gil Archer found himself stuck in traffic at around the same time, so for him it almost felt as if he was not getting any closer to Mercado. At the same time, Mercado didn't look like he was going any farther from Gil, so he had that going for him.

"Hey man, I know what you're thinking," Gil's crew chief James Santiago called to him. "I know what you're trying to do. Everyone knows it. Everyone sees it. Don't do it, man. This ain't the place to do it. Back off, man. Think safe. Think forward. Don't do it, Gil. I know what you wanna do but I'm telling you this ain't the place to do it!"

"Don't worry James, I hear you loud and clear," Gil replied. Except the problem was that while Gil heard James, he wasn't listening to what James was trying to say.

Everyone in the stands could see what was about to happen. Some people had the bad luck of being on the front seat of the event itself. Gil Archer had driven a pretty non-remarkable race in the first fifth of the race, but soon the blue-and-pink 96 Luxur started weaving through traffic in an effort to go after the 64 car once again. The other drivers' spotters saw what was happening and immediately advised their drivers to stay out of the way of the 96. Most complied. But for some reason Archer ended up going three wide with the polesitter Valentina Freya Aye and Norwestie driver Tyler Linde. And there the inevitable finally happened.

Nobody really knew what was going on in the minds of the three drivers. All everyone saw was that both the 15 and 33 cars were spinning and spiraling out of control. Valentina's car had sustained some damage in the collision but was still able to drive away from the scene, but Linde's Chadwick was not as fortunate, rolling a number of times before finally settling on its roof. The 96 initially appeared to have escaped the crash unscathed, but closer inspection of the car's sides revealed some scratching and damage from making contact with another vehicle. Further analysis would eventually reveal that for whatever reason, Guillermo Archer turned his car into Valentina Freya Aye's. The Valentian driver attempted to steer her car away from the 96, but in the process she ended up collecting Tyler Linde as well.

"Goddamn it," James muttered. "God-freaking-dammit! Gil, I told you this was going to freaking happen!"

"What!? What just happened?" Gil asked him.

"Don't play stupid with me, brother, we all know that crash was your fault!"

"What crash?" Gil continued. And then he saw the caution, and when he made it to the next turn he finally saw the flipped carcass of the #33 Chadwick. "Shit! Was that really me? Was that my fault?" he asked James.

"You're damn well right that's your fucking fault, Gil," James replied angrily. "Hey man, you always said you wanted to be the asshole of NSSCRA this season, right? Well, you damn well just got your wish!"

A number of other drivers were forced to retire from the Warner Hall 400 after Linde and Valentina, who had eventually decided that the damage to her car was too much for her to continue her race safely. The thing about those other DNFs was that Gil Archer no longer had anything to do with the others.

The incident between Gil, Valentina, and Linde was the one on which everyone was focusing, and for good reason. Sure, Hengxing Tian and Hana Bhe also spun themselves out of the race, but neither driver had any history of bad blood (well, Bhe didn't have any history of being hot-headed; according to many people Tian was just clumsy and shouldn't have tried to fight Bhe for the place anyway). Gil Archer had himself in the sights of those who wanted, demanded safety in NSSCRA all throughout for his "reckless" shunting around with Mercado and Stefan, the latest symptom of the UrGa driver's "war" with Jaguar Racing. The rest of UrGa knew everyone else was going to go after Archer's ass for this.

And the infuriating thing was that Gil didn't seem too remorseful about the incident. Even while Olga Gatutina was chewing him out for once again being reckless and finally having it bite him in the ass, Gil couldn't wipe the smile off of his face even if he tried. The JR boys may not have wanted to bump around with Gil this time around (probably on the orders of their boss owing to the short nature of the track) but Gil felt that he had secured victory this time around by finishing about both Mercado and Stefan. In the case of Stefan, Gil beat him to the line by the matter of a few hundredths of a second. Not a true photo finish like some of the others but something he could finally lord over JR. And the poor loser Mercado, stuck all the way down in 27th place. Womp womp womp...

"Mr. Archer! Are you even listening to me!?" Gatutina shouted, shaking Gil out of his contented reverie.

"Um, no, yes, ma'am, what is it you were saying again?" Gil replied.

Gatutina rolled her eyes as if to say, I can't believe I'm in charge of a team like this. She then focused her attention on Gil once again and asked him, "Now are you satisfied with the results of your actions? Are you happy that you've now crashed into drivers who have absolutely no part at all in your vendetta against Jaguar Racing?"

"Yes," Gil nodded. "And no."

"Yes and no? What is that even supposed to mean?" Gatutina asked, on the verge of tearing her hair out.

"No, of course I'm not happy that I'm at fault for both Linde and Valentina not being able to finish the race," Gil said. "On the other hand, I'm very much satisfied with the results. I'm higher than both Mercado and Stefan, and for me that's an instant win."

"You are unbelievable, Mr. Archer," Gatutina said in a final fit of exasperation. "Completely unbelievable!"

Gil Archer had always said that he wanted to be the asshole of NSSCRA. Looks like his wish had finally been granted.

Image GUILLERMO RODOLFO ARCHER
@ItsGilArcher69

Hope there's no hard feelings @TyLindeRacing @light_and_bright but you both know you were never my targets

#NSSCRA : #WarnerHall400 : #CaughtInTheCrossfire
Last edited by Abanhfleft on Wed May 20, 2020 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Wreckeria Is Peaceful - Off The Track, That Is!

Postby TJUN-ia » Tue May 19, 2020 6:53 am

ImageImage

This blog was written by Derrick Carlisle, Jaguar Racing's Social Media Manager

The eyes of the multiverse were on the land of the Wrecker, and not for political reasons either. Wreckeria was hosting NSSCRA tonight with the Warner Hall 400 and "PEACE THROUGH SPORT" was the name of the game for many in this Reformed Republic.

Alfonso Mercado (@AM64) started on the front row, alongside Valentina Freya Yadana Aye. It must have been strange for his, to have no one in front of you except for one. He started off not that bad either and was doing well until he spun mysteriously nearly 3/4 of the way through the running. No one knows for sure why he span but as far as he could tell he "felt a slight tap" on his rear. Replays showed that about 3 cars were behind him when he span, so who to blame is hard to figure out if there even is blame here. He did recover well to make it back to the top 10 but worn tires meant he had to coast his way to 27th at the end. Not the best but not the worse either. Let's see if he can improve soon.

As for Michael Stefan (@00Stefan) his duel with Scott Hawking never really materialised, but that was because Stefan's race was competitive. He was running near the front for most of this race, only falling to mid-pack near the end. He managed to bounce back quickly, however, to finish in 9th. He could have passed Gil Archer near the end but, to be honest, he didn't really care for this "rivalry" between JR and the UrGa man. Mercado took it a bit more seriously but both of them didn't really engage with Gil this race. They didn't want to go against the orders of Ísfrúin and I can totally understand that. Also I will admit the Elbert Linde has a better racing eye than me. Sorry, mate!

Speaking of Ísfrúin, just because JR's drivers didn't engage Gil Archer doesn't mean Harpa Gylfisdóttir (@IsruinJR) followed suit. Early in this race Gil, Valentina Freya Yadana Aye and Tyler Linde went 3-wide. Exiting Turn 2, Gil and Valentina came together causing the driver from Valentine Z to be sent into the path of Linde. Both Aye and Linde would retire from this race because of it. Some in the paddock blamed Aye for not checking who was on her inside but is Ísfrúin she was not to blame. In her eyes, Aye was only moving towards Linde because of the contact she made with Archer. As both Stefan and Mercado were near the front at the time, she thought that Archer took out (unintentionally or otherwise) the other tow so that he could get closer to the TJUN-ians. That made her mad, as shown by this interview that she gave to JBBST after the race.

"Gil has gone too far here. I can understand him trying to get closer to us, but that doesn't mean he can BARGE OTHER DIVERS OUT OF THE WAY TO FULFIL THAT! Valentina did nothing wrong. Tyler did nothing wrong. Gil, mate, CALM DOWN. This is going TOO FAR NOW. STOP, OKAY! STOP! We don't need to be BARGING PEOPLE OFF THE ROAD! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR STYLE! YOU. NEED. TO. STOP, BEFORE YOU HURT SOMEONE! JUST FUCKING STOP!

Jeremiah Brooke managed to do the rare feat of winning 2 races on the bounce: First the Penn 500 now this. The podium was completed by the Shark of River Suzgar and defending-champion Kai Qiang. Houston finish 4th, which means that Brooke now leads the championship by 4 points with 3 races to go. Scott Hawking finished 34th with his open-charter slot while the other open-charter driver, UrGa's Leonidas Baxter, finished in 17th.

Next up, we're off to Bolgano and the Marele Tropical Speedway. By the end of the week, we should know who's going to drive the #4 car for Team Cassadiagua next season. I'm looking forward to finding out who that will be and so are many others in the NSSCRA community. Watch this space.....

Standings Watch: Stefan - 22nd (611pts), Mercado - 38th (207pts)

STATEMENT FROM JAGUAR RACING

The Warner Hall 400 coincided with the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia, which intends to stimulate interest in LGBT right work worldwide. However as we were paying our respects to the fallen of the Wreckerian Civil War, we couldn't add anything to our car for this weekend as it would be seen as offensive to the victims of conflict.

But we can now announce, at the request of driver Alfonso Mercado, that we will celebrate IDAHTB at the next race in Bolgano. All JR team personnel will wear rainbow armbands during the weekend, while a rainbow heart will be painted on the pit slots we will be allocated before the race.

Here at JR, we believe that anyone should have a chance to perform at this level of motorsport no matter if you are straight or not. We hope that what we do in Bolgano can give hope to the LGBT+ community that no matter who you are and what floats your boat, Jaguar Racing and TJUN-ia will accept you.

Quote from Alfonso Mercado, driver of the #64 car
"I think that it is important that we realise that people aren't all conservative when it comes to their sexuality. I just wanted to ensure that the world knows that if you are LGBT+ then you have nothing to worry about, you know. It's important that this community doesn't turn people away because of who they are and I hope that this weekend we can show that."

Image HARPA GYLFISDÓTTIR
@IsfruinJR

@AM64 That was quite admirable. You're a good guy, mate :)

#NSSCRA : #JaguarRacing : #JungleFever

Image MICHAEL STEFAN
@00Stefan
- - @IsfruinJR

I agree. @AM64 you really are something, aren't you :clap: :clap: :clap:

Image ALFONSO MERCADO
@AM64
- - @00Stefan

Thanks, yall! You're making me red, guys! No need to pile it on! :blush:

1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Tue May 19, 2020 9:26 am

Anderscroggin Fairgrounds announces Open Test Session for interested NSSCRA parties
By Lee Iyokoka

The Tack that Hosts the Amazing Delano Knox 420
XANNERIA - In a recent press release, the owners of the Anderscroggin Fairgrounds, announced a plan to have a test session in the proceeding off week after the Wreckerian race. The track of choice for the second NSSCRA race. THe track is a high banked 0.596 mile Oval which is famous for hosting two XCAR races Domestically and one of which would be the undercard for the NSSCRA race later this year. The effort put forth was said by track promoter Dean Collins to "Insure the quality of the race is up to international standards of NSSCRA." though many believe that the publicness of the test session is due to some alterior motives of one of the tracks "Investors".

You see, Anderscroggin Fairgrounds is located in what is considered the heart of Xannerias Auto industry. And due to its proximity to Delano City and the big three manufactures in the city, it's been a testing facility for the Knox Motoring Company for years now and has been their XCAR testing hotbed. In fact, through the subsidiary "Knox Racing Developments", Knox Motoring Company has a 33% stake in the track. With the invites already sent out to NSSCRA, it seems some are dubious of this, with one of my fellow writers calling it out with the following quote.
shockingly not Lee Iyokoka wrote:I think that there's a bit of transparent corporate esopinage going on! The team is clearly trying to find a way ti get Gwinnett back in the top 16 drivers for the chase and this would be a great way to get a leg up on the competition

Knox Motoring Company retorted the writer (For those who were curious, no this wasn't me, this my first article on the news story), with the following quote
Knox PR person wrote:It seems ambitious and bit Jeffacakian for a writer to make presumptive guesses about the nature of the test session. We here at Knox Motoring also got an invite from the track like every other team in NSSCRA, this was an idea brought up by the track promoter, not by us, we hope that this test can further the involvement of International Auto Racing in Xanneria, by helping other teams become more competitive in the race and thus improving the stature of Xannerian Auto Racing in a series where the International community constantly has its eyes peeled on to it. We are sorry that there are some people out there who always expect the worse and hopefully we can all prove him wrong later this year with the Amazing Delano 420 being a great race!

So far there have been commitments from three team. UrGa from Abhanfleft, KRD Team Iona from Xanneria and Jim Lowe racing from Appalachia have already confirmed participation*

*This was discussed with Fleft already
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Tue May 19, 2020 2:22 pm

Phone Conversation between Track CEO and Starlight Suites CEO

Track: Good morning, sir, how are you?

Starlight: Doing well, getting excited for the upcoming race once were done with Bolgano. How are the preparations?

Track: Absolutely beautiful, we’ll be sold out with the walk up sales if not before then. How’s occupancy?

Starlight: That and ADR (Average Daily Rate) are even higher then expected. Glad there is a lot of excitement for the race even with our teams not performing well.

Track: Team Cassadaigua is going to make that announcement coming up. Have you talked to them about delaying it for the Shellshock Batteries 400?

Starlight: I requested that of them, yes. Not sure if it will be honored though, and I am beginning to think that they will not pick McCurty anyway, which is good for all of us.

Track: In a way, I’d like to see what James could do for them, though. I’m sure you could get advertising exposure on Spacebook?

Starlight: I don’t think they care too much about additional sponsorship. The attitude from Cassadaigua that I have is one of that they are all set with the sponsorship on this car. That’s the glory of being a good race team. We could have used it to franchise a few more locations in Cassadaigua though.

Track: How many franchises to you got there?

Starlight: We have a couple, not near the biggest cities though. Have you seen our poll? Nothing controversial about this one. All about the talent.

Track: Except for the complaints about no Cocoabo.

Starlight: Oh, please.

Track: They think you are anti-Cocoabo.

Starlight: I’ve never had a bird rent a hotel room. We included them in our last poll. Honestly, we want to get each of the markets in with drivers that we included, which is why we gave Rockii Ezis a spot plus there has to be a joke candidate which is Shreeves. Sorry but the Cocoabo didn’t crack the top 14, in our opinion, before them.

Track: Can never please everyone.

Starlight: Exactly, but we’ll be happy to let them know that we fully support the Cocoabo in the sport. After all, Starlight Suites is pet friendly.

Track: Don’t include that last part in your message.

Results from first vote:
(1) Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) (83.6%) def. (16) Jeff Shreeves (Appalachian Nation) (16.4%)
(9) Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) (55.9%) def. (8) Eva Kerman (Jebslund) (44.1%)

Next vote:

(5) Centur Tiones (Vilita and Turori) vs (12) Clarissa Alanis Star (Valentine Z)
(4) Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) vs (13) Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita and Turori)
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Tue May 19, 2020 4:27 pm

Exciting Pencurve Announcement,
by Stacie Houston, Driver #27 Five Star Mobile Blaze

Hello race fans, Stacie here, and I have a few things to talk about.
One thing that I will not be talking about yet is the declaration for who will be driving the #4 car next year. That is something that will occur following the race in Bolgano, so we are just a few days away from that. From what I can tell you, the decision has been made, and they are going through some logistics of getting a good time to get that driver ready for an announcement. Since qualifying and the race are on the same day, there is not a lot of time for all parties involved, and they want to focus on the race. Stay tuned, I know you are excited and this driver will be a welcome addition to the Team Cassadaigua family.

Next I have to say something that is really exciting to me on a personal level. My sponsor, Five Star Mobile has allowed me to advertise my own Stacie Houston Foundation for the upcoming race at Jalton Superspeedway in Saint Kanye. The Stacie Houston Foundation is a special organization that helps disabled children and adults get the proper care and activities they need. The adults part of that is critical to me. We hear often of so many charities out there that help disabled children and the Stacie Houston Foundation will do that. However, children grow up, and they do not all of the sudden stop needing that care and attention once they reach the age of majority. That is where my organization thrives, reaching out to all of them, because they need it. As you probably know, I have made a large investment of my own money into this, and so has Five Star Mobile and other associate sponsorships both on the car, and for me as an athlete. However, this is a cause that has a continual need throughout the country and throughout the world. The car will be a white car with pink numerals (outlined in dark blue and a pink heart on the hood). It will have the five stars (though they will be dark blue) surrounding the heart as is common place in the Five Star Mobile logo. We opted for the blue stars as to not look too much like the 15 and the 31 cars. In blue letters on the heart will be the letters “SHF”. Under the heart, in blue letters, it will read “Stacie Houston Foundation”. On the back of the car, it will read, “To help or to learn more, visit StacieHoustonFoundation.cdg”. On the sides, it will have SHF, in dark blue letters. It would be great if we could get as much support as we can, no matter what country one is from. Corporate sponsors are welcomed and appreciated no matter what industry, even if one that is similar or seen as a competitor.

As for racing, it was a good day for us in Wreckeria, having a good car all race long and finishing fourth. Looking up at the racing pylon after the race, you can certainly say that the biggest stars of the series showed up for more then just a pizza party. Congratulations to Jeremiah Brooke on his win, and doing that in back to back races. That is an incredible feat. Due to that, he now has the point lead, but he did not get that far ahead of us. With three races to go until the chase cutoff, we’re both ready for that, but still want to finish the regular season strong. We had some very good racing between us once again, and it should not be any different, and I would expect more of the same in these final races. Thank you all for listening, and please, if you are able, please check out the Stacie Houston Foundation website.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Wed May 20, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Tue May 19, 2020 8:49 pm

Having finally met the GFR Motorsports drivers, Abdoulaye was more than excited when Jeremiah Brooke asked him if he wanted to have a go at the simulator. "It's got Jalton loaded in it, so you can have a feel for the track before the team actually puts you in a stock car," Jeremiah said. Abdoulaye was more interested to get a feel for what being in a stock car itself would be like than he was to get a look at the track, but either way, the simulator would be a huge help.

Before he could jump right into the simulator, though, Connor came back with some news. A business called Rich Discount Stores would be sponsoring him. "Ok, cool!" Abdoulaye was surprised to realize the news was a little anticlimactic: he'd been looking forward to figuring out what name would be on the car he'd be running, and it hadn't occurred to him that it would all be the same to him of course—he wasn't familiar with any Kanyean businesses in the first place. With the end of his info session, he headed over to try out the simulator, mulling over the conversation, all the things he had learned and people he had met. The Kanyean drivers kept calling him 'champ' which at first he'd thought was weirdly condescending before he remembered that they probably meant it literally, since he was literally the WGP2 champ. How did he keep forgetting that? He didn't mind, of course—every time he remembered was a pleasant surprise. He smiled to himself. That feeling would never go away.

The practice in the simulator went well enough, or at least he thought so. He was mostly just taking it for a spin so he didn't look at the data in too much detail yet, but it felt okay, he thought. He'd have more time to get better acquainted with it later. For that matter, this session was just about much figuring out how the simulator itself worked as it was about figuring out the car, although the clutch was pretty different. Abdoulaye took it pretty easy to start off with, then, which wound up working out pretty well since just when he was finishing up Connor was back to let him know someone wanted to speak with him. Curious who it could be, Abdoulaye stepped outside, where he saw the last person in the world he was expecting to see: William Archer.

"Hey man!" Abdoulaye greeted William with a hug. They'd never interacted too much in person: there had been just that one test drive for Kaylan, plus the podium celebration in Nimbus Bay where William had won the race but Abdoulaye had won the championship. It had all been a bit of a blur—that was a memory that felt as though it was from another life. But despite having hardly spoken to him, Abdoulaye was more than glad to see a familiar face here, where everything was new and strange and he was trying to adjust. A familiar face from his own WGP2 world. Any two people who had gone through such an intense season together must already have an unspoken bond, Abdoulaye figured. It was nice of William to come over and add 'actually being acquainted with each other' on top of that.

The two had more in common then they realized. Open-wheel WGP2 drivers, they were both here to try out stock cars but both also hoping to get into the WGPC. "I'm looking forward to seeing you again in the top tier," said Abdoulaye, "and racing against you there."

William was too. "Do you have any tips for the championship?" He asked. "There's so much I want to learn from you."

"Uh, geez." Abdoulaye scratched the back of his head. "You beat me last time we raced. Maybe you should be giving the advice."

"How do you achieve your consistency though? That was my only win."

"Consistency? Are you sure you've got the right guy? I think most of my consistency was down to having a great team behind me, and to be honest, probably the best tires on the grid. The car was great and I got to spend a lot of time in it practicing and getting used to it. That's the only way to get that consistency, really, is practice."

"What about your speed? How were you so fast?"

"The SVJ-2 had this start mode and a hybrid engine I really got a lot out of, so again, I'm not sure it's fair for me to take the credit. If you can sign with a team that will back you up and give you a good car, you can win, for sure. You did fine in the WGP2, you carried your team... do you have any idea who you're looking to drive for in the WGPC?" Abdoulaye felt a bit guilty asking the question, because it was the one question he kept getting asked himself, and he had absolutely no answer. His only response was to pretend to be all mysterious.

"William," he said, "Qualifying's gonna start in a minute; I have to go, but I'd love to catch up again soon. If you're hanging out with UrGa here, I'll be around too—maybe we can get together and I can give you some cornering advice. Now there's something I'm good at." He smiled, they shook hands again, and the two men said goodbye.

Qualifying was a blast. Abdoulaye got to hang out with the GFR Motorsports team as they took turns putting down the fastest lap they could and cheering each other on. A lap of the track at Halstead was so short that Abdoulaye couldn't tell at first what a good or bad time was, so he was a bit confused when Skip seemed disappointed that was within a second of the track record. But as more drivers put down laps, he began to see how close the times were and that Skip would be toward the back of the pack come raceday.

Thea wouldn't be far from him. Of course, the drivers offered each other great moral support, as did Abdoulaye, and everyone was having a great time at the race track, but there wasn't too much excitement over their team's positions so far.

Jeremiah was one of the later drivers to qualify. Abdoulaye had wandered away and climbed up the spotting tower with Jeremiah's spotter. He stayed up there, watching the other drivers qualify. And then, there it was, the purple eighteen car, rocketing around the track. Even Abdoulaye could tell, if the spotter's excited voice hadn't clued him in, that Jeremiah had done pretty well. The lap was clean, surgical. Back at the garage, Abdoulaye congratulated Jeremiah: "That was great! You race like that, you'll win another one!"

A minute or two later, the excitement had subsided a bit and qualifying was over: Valentina had taken pole and Jeremiah would be starting in eighth. The team was closing up the shop for the day, when a man, slightly too rotund for his fire-suit, ran up to Abdoulaye. Abdoulaye was thrilled to see yet another WGP2 face: Drake Stevenson. Abdoulaye and Drake had followed each other around the multiverse, and it had resulted in an unlikely friendship.

“Dude, I didn’t know you had an interest in stock car racing!” Drake said to Abdoulaye. “What do you think about this brand of racing?”

"It seems like it's a lot more of a party, a lot more of the time!" Abdoulaye laughed. "I don't know about you—actually, probably for you too: driving in the WGP was my job. I love it, it's my passion, but I was always trying to make my boss happy. Here people are just out to have a good time, and someone's always holding a beer. I'm still getting the hang of it, but it's a lot of fun." He paused. "It's good to see you, man!" Drake's name, in 16th place on the scoreboard, caught his eye. "I didn't realize how quick you'd gotten yourself back into a NSSCRA seat. That's awesome. I'm almost jealous; I have to wait until the end of the month. It's great that you're back here doing what you love! We'll miss you in the WGP for sure though." Abdoulaye didn't say everything he was thinking: that with a better car Drake would stand a fighting chance and might not have become so discouraged and left open-wheeled racing. He wanted to ask Drake to come back again, but he respected his friend's decision. And he knew what the answer would be anyway.

"I'll be excited to see how you do the next couple weeks!" Abdoulaye said. "I think I may be contractually obligated to cheer for GFR Motorsports but I'll be rooting for you, right after them," he joked. "I'm looking forward to seeing you around!"

The next day was the big one. Raceday. Abdoulaye's first chance to see a NSSCRA race live, and the first race he'd attended since the WGP2 had finished. GFR Motorsports made sure Abdoulaye had a great spot to watch the race: right in the middle of their garage with the strategists and spotters, watching it all unfold on the monitors. He watched the pit stops from just a few feet back, and mostly stayed out of the way (although he was given a couple things to do and tried to be helpful). But mostly, he had the best seat in the house for watching Jeremiah Brooke's third race win of the season: two back-to-back wins, to boot. The garage around Abdoulaye went crazy as Jeremiah crossed the finish line. And Abdoulaye stood there in the middle of it, just enjoying the moment and smiling stupidly.

"I told you you could win again," he told Jeremiah when he got a chance. Or rather, screamed in his ear. The crowd was deafening and the partying was still going. "I guess I made the right choice accepting an offer from GFR Motorsports, you guys seem to win an awful lot."

Abdoulaye was happy to participate in the post-race celebrations, mostly just kind of hanging out with the Yeezies, which felt kind of weird since they were the ones who had actually put in the work to win the damn race while he had really just been there. But all three of the Kanyean drivers had done well—Thea's climb up to take sixth was incredibly impressive to Abdoulaye, almost more than Jeremiah's win from eighth, but then, a win was a win. Skip had improved on his position as well, if not by quite as much as Thea. But everyone was happy, and Abdoulaye was into that. If NSSCRA was always this fun, he'd have to stick around.

Image ABDOULAYE GOITA
@GTAVII

Slowly figuring out this twii.tur thing! Gotta keep the sponsors happy. ;)

#LearningNewTricks
Image ABDOULAYE GOITA
@GTAVII

Thanks again to all the folks at @GFRMotorsports and #NSSCRA, the welcome has been amazing!

#Gr8estXoverInHistory
Image ABDOULAYE GOITA
@GTAVII

Also congrats once more to @Jeremiah_B, what a race! I'm learning from the best for sure!

#2Races2Wins #2Good2BeTrue
Last edited by Recuecn on Wed May 20, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
rəswɛsən

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Post 30 - Race 23.

Postby Valentine Z » Tue May 19, 2020 11:30 pm

The Valentians – Charlene’s Escapade. Well, sort of.

“There's not much that I can tell you at the moment, Head Diplomat, other than the fact that we have had some disagreements between drivers at the moment. If you wish to know more, I suggest waiting for our official press release. Sorry, but that's all that I can tell you right now,” a woman replied back to Charlene after a deep long sigh. The sigh was pretty much out of agitation and frustration from whatever happened, that Charlene knew. She would be quick to realise and was aware that it only seemed to be Archer himself that has problems with the Valentians; the rest of the folks from Abanhfleft are much more receptive, and Charlene was more than welcoming for that. Not willing to risk her more expensive camera, she simply took out her camera phone that she used as a secondary device – it’s not as powerful as her normal set of cameras that she happened to carry, but in times like this, it’s the stuff of legends in terms of durability. She has this camera for decades and it has been together with her though and through. Knowing Archer, she considers this her insurance.

She tried to introduce herself to Gil, who himself seemed to be in the heat of the moment. It was more than expected that he would not want to talk to her for that reason, but the way he phrased it is... Less than stellar.

After interrupting her name and introduction, Gil went on to tell Charlene to shove it, and something about her plastic face. It was both intimidating, and amusing, to see someone trying to one-up a 240-cm tall woman, but perhaps they simply knew about Charlene's, and by extension, the Valentians', peaceful nature.

"Ohh hey, is this something racist about the South Koreans?!" Charlene exclaimed, unfazed though a bit irritated by the plastic surgery statement, "What the hell, bud."

Before she could say any more, Gil stormed past her and towards whenever he needed to be at that moment.

"Fucking midget," Charlene cursed under her breath, before uttering a few more colorful words in Korean. In all honesty, she figured that it went better than expected. Knowing Archer, she was expecting something much, much worse. Perhaps slamming her camera down, or hell, punching her in the heat of the moment. Charlene would have nothing to report back to the Valentians on that day, except maybe to talk about how stereotypical and Valen-phobic, for the lack of a better word.

"Don't worry," Charlene said to the rest of the team, especially to the three drivers, since they would be the one most fazed and bothered by Archer, "You make a lot of friends, it's inevitable that you make enemies."

"Maybe he's just jealous of our tech," Jenny winked while swiping up a few times on her phone, "It has to be something about last season, isn't it?"

"Well, even if a bit tasteless..." Jolyn commented, alongside Adriana and fresh out of WGP2, "It's certainly not a disrespect towards the dead, see? I thought people loved that."

"We probably would work better if we pass off as a Modern Tech nation, but..." Clarissa added, noting herself, but dismissing it playfully, "Nah, not me! I can do that we'll! But I mean, I think seeing my husband is already more than terrifying enough for them, haha!"

"Yeah, that's true!" Charlene added, "Besides, like we said... Valentina, we got this, all right?"

"Mhm, I sure hope so!" and with that, they raised a few glasses in celebration of the future races to come.

The Valentians – Halstead Raceway, Halstead, Wreckeria (Short Track), Part 1

Segment 0: Clarissa: 18 // Valentina: 01 // Gwen: 11
Segment 1: Clarissa: 25 // Valentina: 45 // Gwen: 05
Segment 2: Clarissa: 39 // Valentina: DF // Gwen: 15
Segment 3: Clarissa: 40 // Valentina: DF // Gwen: 22
Segment 4: Clarissa: 10 // Valentina: DF // Gwen: 09
Segment 5: Clarissa: 28 // Valentina: DF // Gwen: 07
Segment 6: Clarissa: 35 // Valentina: 45 // Gwen: 07

This is certainly not happening. This is bullshit. Utter, utter crap.

These were Valentina's thoughts as she sat in her wreckage, smacking the steering wheel once before crossing her arms and just waiting for the medic team to arrive.

It all started fine on the day of the qualifications. Birds chirping, sunny day, Valentina feeling fresh as ever in her new set of clothes - a perfect day for the qualifications, and that was what she got. She placed a pole position for the race, happily singing a little time to herself as she, Clarissa, and Gwen spent their day at the stadium watching the others doing their qualifications. A sunny day, a difficult course (Gwen is especially very vocal about the nature of it), but they seemed to be able to get it, perhaps.

Perhaps Fate was not too kind. Maybe even Gwen wasn't expecting that. Perhaps Gwen the Fate herself has plans?

Valentina was doing a turn as per usual, when suddenly, a familiar #96 hit her. Was that on purpose? Archer even didn't know her! Maybe if it was Charlene in that car, that would have been understandable. Whatever was the reason, panic swept over Valentina like a tidal wave throwing everything it got towards a little lifeboat. Her steering wheel locked and she couldn't pull out of it.

"Valentina, GET OUT! NOW!" Jared yelled into the radio, not out of anger but out of concern.

"I'm trying! Wheel's locked!" Valentina replied back with dread in her voice. The dread was slowly turning into anger, as she decided to face off against Archer even for a brief moment. The steering wheel refused, not budging to the amount of forces Valentina was giving it.

Eventually, like a metal chain fence that gave way to a rolling fireball, the steering wheel suddenly became loose and Valentina would swerved right, hitting #33 in turn.

"Ah crap, Tyler!" Valentina exclaimed, both into the radio and herself.

"What, what is it?!" Jared responded back before he realised what was about to happen, "Oh dear..."

-----

Valentina needed no assistance going back to the medical tent. She was a bit dazed and she suffered some burns and tears from forcing the steering wheel, but otherwise, she was fine. At least, physically pristine, but mentally misaligned, so to speak.

She did not open her helmet for the entirety of herself going to the care center, further refusing assistance from anyone else but the Valentians. Germaine hopped over and walked alongside her, tending to her wounds and giving her a stim pack.

"Don't worry, I got this one," Germaine spoke softly to the medics on-site. She hooked up Valentina to the medical equipment and started measuring her vital signs.

"Your blood pressure first, Valentina."

She simply held her right arm outwards. 160 systolic, 110 diastolic. Something's not right, Germaine thought. Maybe she hooked the device improperly.

"Valentina, let me just... Oh dear."

201 BPM. 205. 220... Was it that stim pack? She didn't know. Germaine has never came across something like this for years, until now.

"I'm...." Valentina started, trembling a little and her face red with anger after taking out her helmet, gripping it tightly and harshly, ".... So... Infuriating! That prick..." words were failing her. Her anger, for the first time in years, was as loud as a lion's roar, but it was simply in spirit. All it sounded was like a kitten's hiss.

And it just got worse. At least, by perception.

"What's the deal with that, huh?" #33's Tyler Linde started, talking to Valentina.

In her anger and pure, unadulterated rage, she could only hear a few phrases.

"Why... Wreck me? Not like I'm a threat. Played basketball together... Why, Valentina?

WHY?!"

That last “why” was louder than it originally was, and the perception alone was enough for Valentina to blow a gasket, and so she did. She ripped the cords and devices on her arm with brute force, gently pushing Germaine one side and kicking a medical cabinet a good 20 feet away.

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT!" she finally yelled out, reverberating throughout the entire medical tent.

Fortunately, no one was hurt during this outburst, though all eyes were once again on her. People started to back away from Valentina. Is this what she is now? Pure, unadulterated anger that was released from decades of being passive and soft? Perhaps I am as angry as Valentijn at times, she thought.

"Valentina?" Germaine whispered to her, fazed but unafraid.

"I... err.. I need to go," and with that, Valentina wore back her helmet, gently pushed everyone aside and sprinted back into the aircraft carrier.

"Worst day of my life," she thought in her head. The crash was bearable and she had those before. But to have someone crash into her, AND to get the blame for it? Perhaps this was all amplified because of Archer. If it was anyone else, it would have been fine. The Valentian-hating man is now a direct threat to her, and she is certainly not going to back down out of it.

She simply needed a break, and perhaps to watch her magic before she tramples everyone (accidentally or otherwise) as she grew back.

Image VALENTINA FREYA YADANA AYE
@light_and_bright
- -

Unfortunately my very first time since decades. I am sorry.

Revitality Sports Upper-undergarment registers a heart rate of 220 BPM, and 166 / 120 blood pressure! @I_Need_Healing Please help Valentina!

#NSSCRA : #RevitalitySportsWear
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed May 20, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Filindostan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Filindostan » Wed May 20, 2020 10:36 am

NATIONAL | BUSINESS | PROVINCIAL | INTERNATIONAL | SPORTS | ENTERTAINMENT | SPORTS PORTAL

MOTORSPORTS
Nagai released from #83 ride; Tsuchie to replace Ajian driver

BOLGANO - The joint NTM-Dahon effort have announced the release of Ajian driver Noriyasu Nagai from the #83 ride beginning the next race at Bolgano onwards. The team have announced in a video blog in their official website, due to the Ajian's actions at the Afterparty Jungle Fever event at TJUN-ia, as well as determining the events affected his performance, leading to the #83 team not to qualify for the next 2 NSSCRA races at Appalachia and Wreckeria. Replacing him at the #83 ride is Shigeru Tsuchie, who was formerly in Kissan Motorsport's young driver program, and was slated to drive for KISMO's fourth team in NSSCRA 6, however, the move never materialized and he had eventually made his name racing open wheels for Drymark-Katana Racing in WGP3 Filindostan's first season.

"We are appalled by Mr. Nagai's actions in the post-race party at TJUN-ia, where he allegedly harassed several NSSCRA drivers including Hana Bhe and several unspecified NSSCRA drivers. We have thought of relieving him of his ride in the immediate event after TJUN-ia, however, pressure from our sponsor Petraji have us decided to keep him. The unfolding of the events also affected Nagai-san, as he failed to qualify for the next 2 races, and the sponsor decided to give in and allow the driver to be released, in exchange of their reduced involvement in the sponsorship of the team. We thank him for his contributions to our team." The spokesperson of the team said in its official website.

They have given Tsuchie words of encouragement as well on the statement, as well as the intention to apply for the second open charter for Bolgano for him in the #83. "We hope Tsuchie-san will perform well in his debut and hope we can acquire the open charter for the race, in order for him to not think about qualifying too much." The spokesperson added in the statement.

Meanwhile, Badai Angin Tim have announced two entries for the Rumble in the Rice Fields. Both Fiona Sunarya and Mercy Binayas have been selected to drive the following car numbers:
  • #0 - Mercy Binayas - sponsored by Orion Company
  • #000/#999 - Fiona Sunarya - sponsored by Descension and MasayaBee
Binayas will use her #0 which she also use in the domestic FISCAR, while Sunarya will opt for triple-0 or triple-9, with both #99 and #00 already taken. Sunarya currently drives the #99 in FISCAR, but will drive BA Tim's #00 next season, hence her choice of numbers. Both drivers will use the BA Kecepatan K8, with engines homologated by the Sherpa racing authorities for the race. This is to further get track data for the K8 which will be used by the team in NSSCRA X with Bhe and Sunarya in the wheel.

Dahon Autosport had originally planned to enter Tsuchie in the same event with the Dahon Sivick, however, with the driver change, the have entered the #75 instead for Filindo driver Kiki Lambosa. They will enter the race without the NSSCRA partnership from NTM.

Written by FSNA Staff.

OOC: Preference in the Rumble in the Rice Fields: Sunarya>Lambosa>Binayas. If Binayas cannot be entered, put Sunarya in the #0 instead.
Last edited by Filindostan on Wed May 20, 2020 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nation active only for Motorsports.
The Artist formerly known as Sangti | Potentia et Sanctitas Populi
Baptism of Fire 66 Winners
Trigram: FID | Demonym: Filindo/Filindostani | Capital: San Marco | Leader: Dorigo Dutete | Newswire | No Nonsense Sportswear | Esportiva | IUBC Newswires | Domestic Motorsports

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Wed May 20, 2020 10:43 am

NSSCRA: BACK TO BACK
Brooke makes history with win at Wreckeria

by Claude Harlan

HALSTEAD - Wreckerian fans of the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association, rejoice. Not only could your very own Halstead Raceway officially claim to be an NSSCRA track, it could also be considered the site of a truly exciting, not to mention historical, finish.

Last season, Yraaga Gilli'i of Vilita & Turori Motorsports earned three of his four wins during the regular season. This was, and still is, an impressive feat, what with the amount of drivers in the field contending for wins on a regular basis and making a different winner per week the norm in the Chase era. However, in this season, YG's record would be equaled by not one, but two drivers: one being defending NSSCRA titleholder Kai Qiang, and the other being the winner of the recently concluded Warner Hall 400, Jeremiah Brooke.

Let's look first at the historical aspect of Brooke's win. Getting three regular season wins put him in elite company. But more importantly, with the Kanyean already visiting victory lane in the previous event, the Penn 500 in Appalachia, this marked the first time in the Chase era that a driver would win back to back races. The exciting part lay in the battle in the closing laps between Brooke's #18 Vylet Chadwick and the #14 Vilitan Tourism Dart of YG's teammate River Suzgar. The two either ran side by side or swapped the lead with each other, with the former edging the latter at the line by just 0.02 second. It also marked the second time that Brooke defeated Suzgar in a photo finish, the first coming at the Atlas 799K in Ember City, Esmerel, last season.

Third place went to the Sherpalander Qiang in the #44 Khamdo Electronics TMW; Team Cassadaigua's Stacie Houston drove her #27 Five Star Mobile Blaze to fourth and handed the lead in the driver point standings to Brooke. In an interesting twist, these four are the only four multiple-time winners of the season (Suzgar and Houston had two apiece). The final member of the top five? YG himself, in the #41 Tropicorp Dart. In another interesting twist, he has not yet won a points race this season.

Thea Alvarez, Brooke's teammate at Glorious Free Republic Motorsports, had an amazing run at the end of the race, taking her #46 GGtech Chadwick from outside the top thirty with twenty-one laps remaining, to sixth coming to the checkered flag. Seventh was Valentian Gwen Tracer Allison in the #31 T-Racer Holdings Eveline. Then it was Fleftic Guillermo Archer of UrGa Stock Car Department in the #96 Mazetainment Games Luxur, side by side with rival rookie Michael Stefan of TJUN-ia's Jaguar Racing in the #00 Apocalypse Pest Control car. Rounding out the top ten is the third VTM Dart, the #2 Tiones Lumber-sponsored machine of Centur Tiones.

A scary incident occurred early in the event when the #15 car of Valentina Aye, another Valentian, made contact with the #33 factory-sponsored Chadwick of Northwesterosi Tyler Linde while fighting for a spot in the top fifteen. The latter would roll several times, landing upside-down; while the car was a total wreck, Linde's injuries were only minor. Aye would also retire from the race due to excessive damage on her vehicle. She would be classified second from last, ahead of only Linde, and lose the lead for Rookie of the Year honors to Archer.

Also sustaining damage from the wreck was the #3 QED Car Rentals Chadwick of Skip Stiller. GFR's third member swerved and hit the outside wall while trying to avoid the disabled #15 in the middle of a cloud of smoke. The damage was fixed in the pits, though, and he managed twenty-fourth. "Well, what would you expect, it's a short track", he told the Kibitzer. "Nobody's perfect, but in this kinda track, you gotta be as close to perfect as possible. What might work in a superspeedway might not be a wise move here." Brooke added, "Believe me, seeing that wrecked 33 got me shook, so imagine my relief when Tyler got out and walked away and not collapsed like I once did. I'm just glad that he and Valentina were able to recover." Asked about his victory, he said, "Well, it was a big one, no doubt, you know, first back to back in the Chase era, photo finish too, and getting the points lead back. Thanks to all that helped me make it happen." He mentioned his team, crew, sponsors and fans, among others.

Abdoulaye Goita, the Recuecian WGP2 champion who will drive for GFR during the Pencurve Electronics 500 at the Jalton Superspeedway in St. Kanye next month, was present at the track, observing and familiarizing himself with the nature of stock car racing. "He [Goita] is a nice and fun person", said Alvarez. "He got along with us quickly and easily, which I hope will remain even after his deal with GFR and once he goes back to his own series. Also, he's not only curious about what we do, but also willing to learn and adapt. I'm hoping, no, believing that his appearance at the Pencurve would be one worth watching."

But before we get to the Pencurve, the regular season finale, there are two other races to be run; first of those is the one at the Marele Tropical Speedway in Bolgano. All NSSCRA qualifying sessions and races will be broadcast live on SKYNET (Saint KanYe NETwork) Sports Channel 12, and online at nsscra.skynet.stk.

OFFICIAL STANDINGS - Race 23 of 36 (Halstead)

1. #18 Jeremiah Brooke (STK) (Top Kanyean driver; last week's winner)
2. #14 River Suzgar (VNT)
3. #44 Kai Qiang (SHW)
4. #27 Stacie Houston (CDG)
5. #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (VNT)
6. #46 Thea Alvarez (STK)
9. #96 Guillermo Archer (AFT) (Top rookie)
17. #80 Leonidas Baxter (AFT) (Open charter user 1)
21. #23 James McCurty (HPI) (Top unchartered driver)
24. #3 Skip Stiller (STK)
34. #54 Scott Hawking (WRE) (Sole hometown driver; open charter user 2)
45. #15 Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (VEZ) (Polesitter)

DRIVER POINTS

1. #18 Jeremiah Brooke (STK) - 839 (3W)
2. #27 Stacie Houston (CDG) - 835 (2W)
3. #44 Kai Qiang (SHW) - 804 (3W)
4. #14 River Suzgar (VNT) - 797 (2W)
5. #2 Centur Tiones (VNT) - 791 (1W)
7. #3 Skip Stiller (STK) - 769 (1W)
9. #46 Thea Alvarez (STK) - 759 (1W)

BATTLE FOR ROTY

1. #96 Guillermo Archer (AFT) - 731 (1W)
2. #15 Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (VEZ) - 722 (1W)
3. #73 Taylor Henderson (HAP) - 676
4. #00 Michael Stefan (TJU) - 611
5. #98 Wilma von Cärinthen (AFT) - 479

NEXT RACE

Marele Tropical Speedway, Bolgano

PAINTJOB SCHEDULE

#3: Skip Stiller School of Racing
#18: Hyde Medical Group
#46: GGtech

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed May 20, 2020 10:55 am

The Warner Hall 400 was crowded with everyone on the short track at the same time, and all the drivers and their spotters had to stay alert not to get caught in a crash. Even Rinzi stayed focused for once. He mostly had a good race, though he got knocked out of the top 10 near the end when Li nudged him aside and she and Tiones both snuck by.

The crowded track made it all the more irresponsible for Gil Archer to go around getting in shoving matches. All the Sherpalanders had seen plenty of reckless driving back home in IRACT, but they noticed it more when Archer did it because it was less common in NSSCRA and he made a lot of obnoxious comments to go along with his aggressive driving. When people thought of overly aggressive IRACT drivers, they probably thought of Jia Huang, who had been an absolute lunatic on the track, but always had a friendly smile and a roasted varmint on a stick for anyone who met her when she wasn't racing. (You probably didn't want to ask what kind of animal it was if you ate one of her roasted snacks.)

None of the Sherpalanders had been actively rallying the others against Archer, but they were all getting fed up with him in their own way. Even Liuyong Xu, who was too socially conservative to get offended by most of the things Archer twiied about, shot him a couple of dirty looks as the drivers and crews milled about getting ready before the race. Xu might not be socially progressive, but he was a stickler for safety.

People were already irritated with Archer before the race even started, and then he went and wrecked Valentina and Linde. "Someone tell Archer smashing cars won't stop his wife jerking off to pictures of Wilma," Qiang said over the radio as everyone slowed down and fell in behind the safety car. Even while the sportscasters were still trying to piece together what had happened and Beihua's live broadcast was running a slow-mo replay, Qiang could guess who was responsible for the crash.

After going over the replay, Beihua's sportscasters came to the same conclusion.

And then the wrecks were cleared and the race resumed.

With 20-some laps to go, Liangmei Li began ranting over the radio about "Cocoabo #96" crowding her. It was never a good sign when she started comparing people to cocoabos. "You know the even numbered ones are female, right?" Li's crew chief asked, hoping that a little humor would calm her down.

"Ha! Even #44?"

"Especially #44."

Of course, Li was the last person that had any business complaining about other people's aggressive driving. She had barely finished her rant when she barged past Rinzi using her bumper to shove him out of the way.

Meanwhile, Qiang was up at the front of the field trying to chase down Brooke and Suzgar. He didn't quite catch them, but 3rd place was still a good result. At the end of the race -- after the usual victory celebrations, thank yous, and congratulations -- Qiang said, "I feel bad for Valentina and Linde being in that wreck today. Wrecks are part of the sport, but that one didn't need to happen."

Qiang usually kept his politics off the race track, but when he heard the announcement that JR was going to be plastering themselves and their pit stalls with rainbows to promote LGBT rights, he decided he would join in just to piss off Gil Archer. He and about half his pit crew got themselves rainbow armbands to wear at the Bolgano race. (The other half of the pit crew were mildly homophobic and they worried that people might think they were gay if they wore the armbands.) Qiang also got a large rainbow-striped awning that the team could set up to shelter themselves from the sun at the Marele Tropical Speedway.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Post 31 - Race 23.

Postby Valentine Z » Wed May 20, 2020 1:00 pm

The Valentians – Halstead Raceway, Halstead, Wreckeria (Short Track), Part 2

Valentina sat down, still in anguish and pure, unadulterated rage, at a local restaurant.

"Table for how many, ma'am?" the waiter asked, though a little intimidated by her size.

"2," Valentina replied short and unsweetly. She was taking deep breaths as she was lead to a couch / sofa seat option in the restaurant. For this time of the day, there are little to no people in the restaurant, perhaps owing to the people going out for work. Maybe the restaurant was reserved solely for the NSSCRA drivers. Valentina had no such concerns, and she simply needed to do one thing.

A rant to her friend.

Clarissa sat down together with her, and in comes the rant. It's not curse-word laden, but it sure is angry.

"... I swear, Clarissa, that guy totally knew about the ROTY thing and this is his freaking plot to get me! What do you think happened when I DNFed today and he went off? I dropped to 2nd, he is now 1st. Tell ME that is not preplanned!"

"Maybe he was just trying to tackle the other guy? You know, the ones from TJUN-ia?" Clarissa spoke slowly, trying her best not to say anything to anger her friend further.

"Clarrie, he hit me! I am very convinced that he did it on purpose to take me out of it. I don't flipping care what his Twii status say! He is a snake, that's all he is!"

"I would say it's not the best advice, but err... Please calm down, Freya."

"Ohh, I really wish I do! This whole thing infuriates me! If it is any other person, I would have been fine and pass it off. But the fact that he knocked me out AND got himself ahead of me in ROTY?! Tell me that isn't a coincidence!"

She and Clarissa went on for perhaps 15-20 mins, oblivious to the surrounding and to the concern of the people around them, and the restaurant. The conversation itself was relatively pleasant, with neither Clarissa nor Valentina confronting and arguing with each other. They simply need to let it out, and let it out they did.

"There's also something I did I am not proud of... I think I damaged their medical cabinet back in the tent. I don't know. The tools definitely dropped and I'm glad no one was hurt."

"What do you suppose you want to do for Tyler? I mean, it's not your fault, but the fact that he thinks so?"

"Pay him out, I suppose. It's not exactly bribery, but I heard that his car was extremely damaged. How much is one NSSCRA stock car?"

"Around NSD 300,000, I heard. Yeap, those are the latest figures I got!"

"I'll pay him like Jolyn did for her WGP2 team," Valentina exhaled out, finally calming herself down and was exhausted, "I really don't hate Tyler, and I'm sure he was just in a bad situation like me. I figured he wasn't faulting me; just couldn't see the other prick that did me in."

"I feel like this might be worse than we think," Clarissa added in, "If he kept doing this to us, it's a danger to us and for the others. Can we complain about it to the NSSCRA officials?"

"I suppose we could. Jared can do that, I suppose."

"Either way, this really needs to be heard. Coincidence or not, he's a danger to the racers."

The two women drink it out, with Clarissa using the liquor to cool her circuits down. Valentina, on the other hand, downed a few shots out of woe and to forget all the problems that she had today. She still had 3 hours in her magic, which is more than enough time to go back to the dropship in time. Though, how she go back was rather different.

-----

With Valentina sleeping soundly on her bed, Clarissa, Gwen, Jared, and the rest of the Valentian pit crew packed their belongings, rolled their vehicles, and went back to their dropship. They cleared shop early for two agendas that they have at the moment.

"Okay, first order of business..." Jared announced, gathering the data from the race and some video clips he managed to get ahold of, "So, it would appear that Archer didn't mean to hit Valentina, BUT it's obvious that he has a rivalry with other racers. I say 'would appear' because I myself cannot conclude this. Maybe he was just trying to hit the others, or he was going after Valentina."

"Either options are dangerous to think about either way," Gwen added, "He's a hazardous sod."

"Correct. Which would bring me to the decision of myself, after Clarissa's recommendation, to write a letter to the officials."

"I still don't really know who the officials are," Gwen pondered, "Are they the Newmanistans?"

"Yes. They seem to be in this race as much as us, but they also seem to be the one running most of the higher-level stuff."

"And we only thought about this now, because?" Jolyn interjected, confused about the late nature of finding this out.

"I mean, we know who these people are," Jared noted, "They're Newmanistans, they are some of the high-level officials. But..."

"But what, Jared?" Jolyn asked, though less of confrontional, and more of curiosity.

"Are they deciding our results?" Gwen asked, with more eyes set on her at the moment. Everyone wants to pretend to know the answer to that, but only Gwen would know about the entire thing, given her powers.

"I err... Forget I asked. REWIND!"

"-after Clarissa's recommendation, to write a letter to the officials."

"Mhm, got it! So you're writing the letter to them, right?" Gwen asked, avoiding the other question.

"Yeap. That, and next would be Valentina's agenda. She said that she wanted to pay Tyler for the damages, like what Jolyn did."

"Oh no, don't remind me..." Jolyn trailed off, "That was a horrible, horrible race."

"Heh, sorry, Jolyn. So... Yeah, she will need to write an email to Tyler and his reps for that, and she needs to electronically sign it, of course."

"How much money does Valentina have?" Gwen asked curiously.

"Clarissa racked her brain for a few seconds before coming up with the answer, "800 Million Valentian Credits!"

"More than enough," Gwen said, "She will only need to pay maybe 300 thousand."

THUD!

The Valentians jumped, weapons ready, at the sudden violent jolt that they felt in the dropship.

"Oh god, what the fuck was that?" Gwen exclaimed, arming her railgun, "Was that Valentina?"

"Yeah.. it came from her room," Jolyn added, arming her pistols in turn.

They slowly approached her room, weapons ready just as a precaution. Was she mad? Was she ranting it out even more? Or is she attacking and killing someone in there?

As they open the large sliding door, they saw Valentina lying on the floor, still fast asleep. She was lying on her chest, her hands reaching forward. She was not a vocal snorer, so that much was taken care of.

"Awww, the cute giantess fell off her bed!" Jenny remarked, deactivating her weapon. The others followed suit, with Clarissa sitting beside her friend, who is then 58-meters tall, sleeping soundly.

-----

The next day would be the one both Jared and Valentina sent their respective emails.

From: Jared Kev Jensen Van Den Borre (jared_jensen@valentine_z_official.vz)
To: Officials of NSSCRA and to those of concern
CC: Valentijn Samantha Constantine, Clarissa Alanis Star, Valentina Freya Yadana Aye, Gwen Tracer Allison
BCC: Adriana Kowalski Lillian, Jolyn Maxine Caulfield, Marcus Alan Ariel Reynolds, Jamie Izabella Lizbeth Eirian, Mandy Juliet Colette Bertillion, Kendrick Elliott Quinton Hemmingsen, Markus Tom Lincoln Svanmundur Gunnarsson, +20 others.
Subject: Concerning a driver.

To the officials concerned with the safety of the racers, it has come to my attention that one Guillermo Archer from Abanhfleft, has been becoming increasingly vindictive in the races recently. First the feud with the folks from TJUN-ia, and now it would appear that he has extended his rather unclean driving towards #33 Tyler Linde and of course, Valentina Aye, from Valentine Z, that is, us.

I would like to voice out concern regarding this, not simply for the safety of my team's drivers, but towards the others, especially in a short track. What if Tyler died that day? It is by some miracle that he made it out alive more or less unscathed.

This is becoming more of a hazard when you have a driver that cannot clear their judgment and made decisions that affected other drivers. For being only in NSSCRA for two seasons, we are not in any position to make demands and we are here not to make them as such. Sure, wrecks and accidents are part and parcel of racing, and the three Valentians were aware of that, but the fact that Archer wrecked Valentina, and to take the potential ROTY title, is a little too good to be a coincidence.

I sincerely hope there will be better safety precautions. And no, please don’t threaten to sue or kick him out, either. We sincerely do not want to do anything with them regarding this, and only hope that Archer can stop endangering other racers for his personal gain and vendetta.

Yours Sincerely,
Jared Kev Jensen Van Den Borre.

From: Valentina Freya Yadana Aye (valentina_yadana_aye@valentine_z_official.vz)
To: Tyler Linde; representatives of Tyler Linde
CC: Valentijn Samantha Constantine, Clarissa Alanis Star, Gwen Tracer Allison, Jared Kev Jensen Van Den Borre
BCC: Adriana Kowalski Lillian, Jolyn Maxine Caulfield, Marcus Alan Ariel Reynolds, Jamie Izabella Lizbeth Eirian, Mandy Juliet Colette Bertillion, Kendrick Elliott Quinton Hemmingsen, Markus Tom Lincoln Svanmundur Gunnarsson, +20 others.
Subject: My apologies, and a Compensation.

Dear Tyler,
I am sincerely sorry for the outburst that I had today, and for knocking you out of the race. Please be rest-assured that I still value your friendship very much, and it was not my intention regarding the incident today. What happened was that a certain #96, who is now the contender for ROTY, hit me during the turn, which resulted in my vehicle locking and sliding off to hit you, in an unfortunate chain of events. I have nothing to do with it, but regardless, I apologise and would like to pay you in compensation.

Attached to this email is an electronic form (I have already signed) that I, Valentina “De Sierlijke en Vrij High Valkyrie ov Valentine Z” Anastasia Freya Ada. Jolin Annelijn Caitlin Trijntje Crystal Clarice Constance Judy Voi. D. Nexitros Annile Teresa Thida Myat Yadana Aye, would like to pay Tyler Linde of New Northwesteros, a sum of Six Hundred Thousand Valentian Credits (600,000 VC), which converts to One Million Two Hundred and Forty-Two Thousand NSD (1,242,000). You will simply need to digitally sign it with your own signature and send it to Valentian National Bank (VNB), which I have attached the link in this email, and it will be over a secure line on how the credits are transferred.

Rest-assured that this is not out of corruption practices in Valentine Z, nor exploited from the people; corruption has been weeded out decades ago, our money is clean, and this is from my own savings and thus from my own pocket. I heard about the way your vehicle was wrecked today, along with your injuries, and I know money does not solve everything, but I can only hope that my compensation and apology will ease the pain and frustration.

Once again, I am terribly sorry for the wreck.

Yours Sincerely,
Valentina Freya Yadana Aye
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed May 20, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

New Northwesteros
Envoy

Founded: May 21, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Northwesteros » Wed May 20, 2020 10:37 pm

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT!"

Tyler Linde was already a pale-skinned man, but he seemed to turn even paler when Valentina Aye shouted at him. He couldn't blame her, though. He was just trying to know her side of the incident that took them both out of the Warner Hall 400, and his words possibly came out angrier than expected.

Linde was unfortunate to have a firsthand look at what Valentian rage looked like. After being shouted at, he saw Aye throw a supply cabinet to the other side of the infield care center like it was nothing but a pillow. At least it wasn't him being thrown, Linde thought. That would have hurt him worse than the crash. Eventually, Aye left. But Linde remained in a corner of the room, shaking, until he was found by his teammates almost an hour later.

"There you are, Tyler. You look like you've seen a ghost", said Liuyong Xu.

"Ghost? Try an angry giant", Linde spoke weakly.

"Oh.... Valentina? You ever find out why she did it?" asked Paul Nystrom.

"Ain't her fault."

"Oh, I remember, that was what I was gonna talk about", said Xu. "It was that idiot Archer. Take a look at his latest twii."

Nystrom snatched the phone. "No hard feelings.... not my targets..... caught in the crossfire...." he read out.

"What is he, nuts?" asked Xu.

"I didn't know he had the track reserved for his Jag-hunting escapades", said Nystrom. "Oh, wait. He didn't? Then he best take his antics somewhere else."

That night, Linde can't sleep. He isn't blaming Aye for the incident anymore, but her outburst still scared him. He browsed the web on his phone before deciding to go on Twii.tur to respond to Archer.

ImageTYLER LINDE
@TyLindeRacing

@ItsGilArcher69 So what are we to you, then? Collateral damage in your war against the Jags? NOT COOL, MAN. The rest of us are trying to race, so take your fight someplace else. Please.

#NSSCRA : #WarnerHall400

There was also an email from Aye, apologizing for her behavior at the infield care center, as well as a form for over a million NS dollars. Linde decided that he would divide this cash into three equal parts: one for his team; one for his father, who owns one of the companies sponsoring him; and the last for personal use. As for his reply:

Valentina,

Thank you for the email. I accept your apology and request to continue being friends. But you know what, you got me scared earlier. This email helped me reduce that fear.

Yeah, I found out that the #96 guy essentially started this whole thing with his failed attempt to go three wide. I must have thought it was you because the guy got away and finished the race, while we two took each other out. Also, I wanted to say sorry too. I jumped to that conclusion. And I was taken by my own anger. I was running well and ended up last, so how can I not be angry?

Thanks for the cash too, you really didn't need to, but I appreciate the gesture all the same and shall be using it for good causes.

See you around.

Ty

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Thu May 21, 2020 6:05 am

(OOC: This takes place between the Warner Hall 400 and the race in Bolgano.)

Guillermo Archer had always said that he wanted to be the bad boy of NSSCRA coming into Season 9. And judging by the reactions people were having regarding his most recent incident with both Valentina Aye and Tyler Linde, he had finally gotten his wish.

So why was it that he didn't really feel happy about this turn of events?

Maybe because this image of the rough and ruthless Gil Archer he was presenting was not the real Gil Archer. Not really. Of course on the track he was truly a ruthless driver who would do anything to get the win, but off it he was really more mild-mannered. He spoke his mind more loudly and more freely than others, sure, but other than that he didn't really think himself much different from any other family with a working dad. Maybe his paycheck was a bit fatter than others, and there was a slightly bigger risk of injury and/or death in his profession, but really he thought of himself nothing more than a working family man.

For another thing, this "rivalry" he had tried to build up with TJUN-ia's Jaguar Racing wasn't really panning the way he wanted it. He was already losing his motivation for continuing the rivalry. Even when Alfonso Mercado announced that he wanted to introduce a campaign to recognize the works of LGBT people in the multiverse, Gil couldn't work up the motivation to make a snide remark on twii.tur, or anywhere else for that matter. But now at least he finally knew why he felt discomfited by the TJUN-ian driver.

And then there was also that twii from Tyler Linde. Maybe Gil really should have worded his own "apology" twii a little bit better. He really didn't mean for either Linde or Valentina to crash, but as many of his peers and friends had noted Halstead was a short track where a lot of bad things could happen. And on that occasion it did, and Linde and Valentina the unintended victims.

Gil liked Tyler, he really did. He believed that the kid had genuine pace, which he would be able to show if only he had a regular charter. Linde's equipment was fine; GFR's numerous race wins this season was proof positive of that. All Linde really needed to work on, in Gil's opinion, was his qualifying. Gil really should work on his apologizing a little bit more after that.

And then there was the matter of Valentina accusing Gil of intentionally crashing into her to get into the lead for Rookie of the Year. In all honesty, Gil had completely forgotten about the Rookie of the Year Award. Valentina had built up such a substantial early season lead that Gil never really thought he would be in contention. But then the incident happened, and now Gil found himself with a nine-point lead over Valentina. Not really the result he was expecting given the circumstances, but damn well sure he'd take it.

Of course, just as Gil began thinking about ways to increase his lead for the ROTY standings, he was hit in the face by a curveball.

"Hello?" Gil responded as he picked up his smartphone.

"Mr. Archer, this is Olga Gatutina," the team principal of UrGa Motorsports Division replied. "I am calling you to inform you that as of today, you have been suspended from all racing activities by UrGa. Your actions in Halstead have become truly unacceptable for the team, and unless you put a stop to this reckless behavior, we see no choice but to deprive you of your charter for the race in Bolgano."

"Suspended? SUSPENDED!?" Gil shouted. "You can't suspend me! I'm the best driver UrGa has! I'm the best driver you have! I'm leading the goddamn Rookie of the Year standings, for Christ's sake! You really expect fucking Wilma or Leo Baxter to keep up the pace while I'm gone?"

"It's not about your abilities as a driver, Mr. Archer, it's your personality," Gatutina replied. "And public relations, if I am being completely honest. As for me not being able to suspend you, I just have. And I am putting Mr. Baxter's Chinese spotter friend in your car while you watch from your home in Abanhfleft. I hope your time away from the track gives you the clarity of mind and the opportunity to come back a better man. Goodbye."

Gil stared dumbfoundedly at his phone after Gatutina had hung up on him. He couldn't believe it. He absolutely couldn't believe it. It had finally happened. He had finally been suspended from a race. He had finally gone too far.

Image OLGA SEMYONOVNA GATUTINA
@Olga_Gatutina_UrGa

@ItsGilArcher69 has been suspended by UrGa for the Bolgano race.

Ganglie Zhe will drive the #96 for the Bolgano race.

Full statement: urga.pdn/archer-suspended

#NSSCRA : #UrGa : #BolganoRace : #GuillermoArcher

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Thu May 21, 2020 7:03 am

KRD Team Iona gives

KRD Team Iona is a team built by a man who really has always been a fan of RTacing in Xanneria. Derrike Iona is a man who has been in the Automotive Industry for years but he's been a kind compassionate man too. He recently announced that he would be donating the equivalent amount of Roundells to the equivalent to 50,000 Dagan Quarters. Iona who has been working for various race teams for over 35 years has also announced he will also join in the new "Charity Craze" as it's now being known. Derrike Iona will be starting up his own charity. The Iona Foundation will be starting up soon as possible. The Iona Foundation will be designed to give books to libraries in rural areas of Xanneria. Anyone who wants to donate will be given a chance in the next couple weeks through a new website and could donate as much as they plaease and their donation ill be turned into ROundells, the currency of Xanneria. Iona also announced that Tucker Capps in the #16 will apply for one of the Open Charters in Bolgano
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports