NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 84- RP Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:38 am

Bolgano Sports

Frederik: Hello everyone, my name is Frederik Van Steer, your local journalist and today we will talk about the World Cup, there are several teams that can stomp on the competition, even Bolgano, but well Kevin, what do you have to say?

Kevin: Yes Frederik, this cycle is very interesting, let's start with Equestria who are the current winners.

Frederik: That's right, this team is one of the strongest in the multiverse, besides they won their title as locals, they did a good job in getting that cup.

Kevin: And they beat Starblaydia, one of the 3 teams that have 5 cups, if they had won that match they would be placed in the first place with 6, right?

Frederik: That's right, but Equestria is not the only one to talk about, we also have Vilita and her neighbor, Turori.

Kevin: The first in the entire multiverse, according to the KPB ranking, Vilita is a team that has surprised us since its inception, a team that has proven to be the strongest of all time, I think this edition can fight as in the cycles passed through the titles.

Frederik: What about Turori?

Kevin: Another strong team, number 11 in the multiverse, a team that we always see him win important games, but he never won a World Cup, but we have seen him with some BoF and CoH, but he has obviously won AOCAF but with his neighbor .

Frederik: This year I see it with many opportunities, what do you think about Trolleborg?

Kevin: From the beginning we managed to see that his path was to be champions, the Baptism of Fire is an easy competition to decipher his champion, since his nations are very low level where if someone appears with good results it is already known that they will be the champions, that was the case of Hapilopper and this same Trolleborg, changing things, in the qualifiers if they want to do something to get a quota towards the World Cup, to start working hard.

Frederik: Well that's all gentlemen, see you in an upcoming Bolgano Sports broadcast
Last edited by Bolgano on Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranking KPB: 95 (8.24)
Trigram: BGN
Titles: Wonder Cup 1, Beconailles (Andres Da Silva)

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:21 am

Soccer fans shocked at national team coach's sudden resignation
SPORTS | by Eamon Williams

National soccer team head coach Kirk McDonagh’s announcement that he will be resigning to manage a football club in Zwangzug’s top division has surprised fans and shocked the national soccer association.

McDonagh will take the reins at Ephesian FC, something he said was an exciting opportunity. However, he gave little other insight into his reasons for leaving the national team at the press conference to announce his appointment.

“Sport is a binary opposition. Under the material conditions of late capitalism, workers are caught in the false promise of labour mobility. I’m looking forward to the challenge of bringing a great football club to success and overturning the dominance of the established powers in this league.”

The move came completely out of the blue, according to insiders in the national football federation, Football Kelssek (FK). Technical director Aaron Halime said McDonagh had already begun preparing for the upcoming World Cup.

“There wasn’t any indication that he was unhappy with anything, nothing at all. Just three days ago we had a meeting about expectations and planning for the upcoming World Cup qualification cycle. He presented a full player development plan and identified prospects for the player pool and everything. The first anyone heard about it was the lawyer calling to give notice of the contract termination.”

Kelssekian fans were equally surprised. McDonagh had just led the national team to the first World Cup finals appearance in a generation and then to the quarterfinals of the Independents Cup.

Most were looking forward to another qualifying campaign under his leadership, said Paul Hanke, president of Plastic Pitch Proud, one of the national team’s largest supporter networks.

“He’s really made a lot of progress and brought the team moving forward. Sure, he’s moving to one of the world’s top leagues; but it seems a bit of a sideways move? So I don’t know what’s the deal. A complete mystery.”

Assistant coach François St-Louis has been appointed head coach on an interim basis. The former Albrecht FC player and star full-back of Kelssek’s Cup of Harmony-winning squad is likely to be taking charge of the first few matches while FK decides on a more permanent candidate.
Last edited by Kelssek on Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trolleborg
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Trolleborg » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:57 pm

Alea iacta est. Draw ended and now we have it all. We are put in a pot number 7, and after draw it was known that Trolleborg team will play in Group 12.

In total, following teams got into “our” group:
Joyea (without rating), Volinovia (343rd place, 0.1 point), TJUN-ia (295, 0.7), Appalachian Nation (180, 2.50), Trolleborg (175, 2.75), Grod Island (95, 7.33), Osarius (84, 8.78), Beepee(70, 10.42), 95x(40, 17.08), Pasarga (30, 21.33), Valanora (8, 38.85).

One of the guests pointed at our group as one of the most interesting, but very probably events won't give us much reason to have fun. Our team will play against six teams with a higher rank, Grod having three times points as we had, and Valanora sixteen times as much. In addition we meet Appalachian Nation, which we just played in BoF final, very strong TJUN-ia and two teams of unknown qualities – Volinovia and Joyea. We begin with a game against Valanora at home and after that goes to TJUN-ia, then playing home with Joyea and going to Osarius. All in all, it will be tough, uphill and almost hopeless battle.

We wish our guys good luck, they will really need it.

Bliuji
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Oh?

Postby Bliuji » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:11 pm

Erik Belov's basement, downtown Prussia

After a long day of hard work in downtown Prussia, players were vibing.

Erik: Where the hell are these guys?

Gabriel: Don't worry bro, Martin just hit my line,

Erik: And? what did he say.

Gabriel: He's bringing the girls over and the kush if you know what I'm saying. Are you ready to have a good time tonight or what?

Erik: Oh god Gabriel why am I still friends with you. This is a horrible idea don't you realize that. If coach finds out we are done for.

Gabriel: Don't worry man Martin is totally chill.

Erik: Out of all people why would you invite him to my house.

Gabriel: He's totally cool.

Erik: No that dude is a racist psychopath fuck him.

Gabriel: Oh really? in what way.

Erik: He is a convicted murderer.

Gabriel: Chillout man

Erik: Whatever I'm going to the store.

Martin was Gabriel Kolesnikovs drug dealer. He is a really shady guy who just got done serving a 20 year murder sentence. He is well known to hate women and minorities and is overall a dickhead. Got convicted of murdering 2 people with a gun; and has many close ties to the worst gangs in Bliuji.

An hour passed and Erik arrived back home from the store

Erik: Guys I'm hom....

Erik had just walked in only to see Martin stab Gabriel.

Erik: Martin, you son of a bitch I'll kick your ass.

Martin ran out the back door. But Erik being a good team mate wanted to help Gabriel instead.

Erik: Gabriel are you all right?

Gabriel: Call an ambulance

Erik: That son of a bitch when I find him I will kick his ass.

Erik rushed Gabriel to the hospital. He must of been stabbed multiple times and was in need of serious medical help.

It was clear that Erik's team mate Gabriel has ties to the wrong people and is overall a "bad influence" on Erik. Corrupt relationships had been a common theme seen throughout Bliuji's football career and is definitely preventable and something that coaches are trying to control.

Later that evening when Gabriel was being treated in the hospital, Erik decided to give a call to manager Andriy Voronin.

Andriy: What, what do you want, it's 3 in the morning I'm trying to sleep here.

Erik: Gabriels been stabbed...

Andriy: What the fuck? how did he manage to get himself into that situation.

Erik: I dunno man he hangs out with the wrong people sometime. Anyway, he is in really bad shape, I don't think he will be able to play for a few games.

Andriy: Listen here Erik, you don't make the decisions; I do. I'll come by there later today and see how he is doing. And in the meantime don't wake me up when I'm trying to sleep.

Erik: Yes sir

Andriy: You are a good man Erik, now goodnight.
National soccer team info: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1212689

I know I suck

Geektopia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Geektopia » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:19 pm

Geektivities
*Geektopia's reformed news show!

Matchdays and Information

Reports done by Pentahectillion (who only slightly takes the piss out of highly respected teams and newcomers)

MD1 & MD12
[104] Geektopia vs. Nahkistan [UR] [Friday, December 13th & Thursday, December 26th]
() An interesting match ahead as Geektopia face an (as of now) virtually unknown team. Their win or loss could define Nahkistan's post-WC ranking. ()

MD2 & MD13
[104] Geektopia vs. Savojarna [43] [Saturday, December 14th & Friday, December 27th]
() A rather tough matchup in the form of Savojarna, but can the Boys in Green sort them out? Nah, surely not. Even the writer of this article's bet more than 100 bitcoins on an offshore gambling site after the site of this group! ()

MD3 & MD14
[104] Geektopia vs. Jeruselem [54] [Sunday, December 15th & Saturday, December 28th]
() The Rocks face World Cup veterans Jeruselem as of next Sunday. Nobody/Everybody in Geektopia/Aimena wanted it, but/so here is the match they've been dreading/hoping for! ()

MD4 & MD15
[104] Geektopia vs. Schottia [158] [Monday, December 16th & Sunday, December 29th]
() We face World Cup HOFers Scotia and - wait, what? Uh, ok. Apparently we're higher in the ranks. Well, it'll certainly be an interesting game anyways! ()

MD5 & MD16
Bye Day

MD6 & MD17
[104] Geektopia vs. Galar [202] [Wednesday, December 18th & Wednesday, January 1st]
() Easy match after easy match, this might be the WC we excel in! Here's hoping that Galar don't upset the odds as the ranking stands. ()

MD7 & MD18
[104] Geektopia vs. TJUN-ia [295] [Thursday, December 19th & Thursday, January 2nd]
() How sumptuous, while Geektopia will have 3 of the most comfortable wins/draws in their history, me, the editor, will likely stress 3 days before the meeting with Balqia. ()

MD8 & MD19
[104] Geektopia vs. Balqia [95] [Friday, December 20th & Friday, January 3rd]
() The Greens face off against Balqia, who have the lowest ranking differential from Geektopia's in the group. We'll hopefully be looking to put the pressure on them as they worryingly score three goals against us in eight minutes. ()

MD9 & MD20
[104] Geektopia vs. Welzat [318] [Saturday, December 21st & Saturday, January 4th]
() Geektopia will be looking to cause pain and bring smiles as they spar away and home with 318th ranked Welzat. ()

MD10 & MD21
[104] Geektopia vs. Taeshan [26] [Sunday, December 22nd & Sunday, January 5th]
() Fun fact: If the groups aren't redrawn again, Taeshan will be the opponent that Geektopia have vs'ed the most with along with Free Republics. ()

MD11 & MD22
[104] Geektopia vs. Free Republics [17] [Monday, December 23rd & Monday, January 6th]
() Fun fact: Geektopia has conceded the most goals against Free Republics. Surely the Greens came prepared. ()

Group Stage
(Hopefully Geektopia paired against world class teams)

R16
(Hopefully Geektopia vs. someone)

QF

SF

Final
Last edited by Geektopia on Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
------------------------------
FACTBOOKS
Kings: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1198022
Language: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1288251
Rugby: Rugby Sevens Bowl (2nd), Rugby World Cup 28 (R16)
Assoc. Football: CoH 77 (2nd), Di Bradini Cup 48 (Ro16), World Cup 86 (Qualifying), CoH 78 (Group Stage), World Cup 87 (Ro16), World Cup 88 (Qualifying), Di Bradini Cup 50 (Group Stage), The National in Xanneria (1st), World Cup 89 (Qualifying), CoH 81 (Ro16), World Cup 90 (Qualifying), CoH 82 (Group Stage)
Lacrosse: World Championships 28 (Group Stage), World Championships 33 (Group Stage), World Championships 34 (Group Stage)
Kosovo is Kosovo and they play pretty good football to boot :)

Lons
Spokesperson

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lons » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:25 pm

This post is no longer relevant due to the redraw - see here: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=36511272#p36511272 for the real tea.

Welcome to Lons! With the group draw finished, the PLND has produced the scheduling for the games played in Lons. But of course, because of the World Cup qualifiers meaning the introduction of Lons to the international scene, the tourism board has drafted charismatic national treasure Wilmên Gêrds to bring a special report from Lons after each matchday, about everything there is to do in and arond the country. Let's hope football doesn't end up second to the beautiful landscapes of Lons. (If you couldn't tell from the way that sentence ended, it certainly will.)
[spoiler=First Half Schedule]First Half:
MD1: Lons - Magnaterrica
Played in the Vorâsthul Polês Stadi in Vorâstpâl

Explore the urban areas of the Êts Vorâst district, with various interesting cities and culture, as well as of course, the football game next to the Vorâst river which is so central to the district.

MD2: The Holy Empire - Lons

This day, we will dive into the Ugâîl district, with interesting forests and ranges, and a very peculiar city. And of course, the Keybearers abroad are also going to play some football.

MD3: Lons - Bongo Johnson
Played in the VidrêStadi Tesiv in Aglenê

The large city of Aglenê is a literal oasis in the otherwise barren landscape of Aglenên district. Luckily, the Bongo Johnson team doesn't have to travel far from the airport to get to the city, so most of the boring backlands of this district go invisible.

MD4: Ethane - Lons

On day 4, some information regardin the Tgitin Hulâs district shall be shared, a vibrant district centrally around a river. Well, not just any river, it's the biggest and most pivotal river of all of Lons, the Tgitin. And while the Keybearers struggle in Ethane, Gêrds will enjoy the game from a bar in Gemêlus.

MD5: Bye

During a bye day, one can only take on a silly task, right? So during day 5, Gêrds will inform all of you of the curious case of Ôlivin, a microstate that is part of the overarching Republic of Lons, which the Lonish People's Republic is part of. Confused yet?

MD6: Lons - Mitra and Soma
Played in the Kâlvâsâv Plîk Stadi in Sum

The district of Gîdridê-Sum is commonly referred to as the most boring of all districts, having lame industrial cities such as Irgâmâ, and cities which didn't exist 200 years ago like the capital of Sum. Despite this stigma, Wilmên Gêrds is going to do his utmost best to make sure that as many tourists as possible still come to visit Gîdridê-Sum, even if all the prejudices are true. I suppose the game against Mitra and Soma is the most exciting thing that's happening there in a while.

MD7: Euran Oceania Territories - Lons

While the national team struggles in the Oceanic Territories, Gêrds is taking a vacation on the southern island of Erange. They speak an entirely different language here, and are largely autonomous, being a seperate country within the Republic of Lons as well, much like Ôlivin, except this time, actually functional as a country. Well, to some degree. If there is any place in Lons that doesn't need any more tourists coming to it, it would be Erange, but nonetheless, it's probably more exciting to go there than to watch the Lonish national team lose hopelessly. Or at least, that's what Gêrds's snark would suggest.

MD8: Lons - Xanneria
Played in the Hêltâvan Stadi in Kêlik

The district of Kêlasma is quite unique, because not only is the capital of Lons in here, it is also the smallest district of Lons, with the exception of Vâlsiv, which is a special case and doesn't count, or at least, it doesn't count until we get there. Kêlasma has lots and lots and lots to offer, and it's more than likely that all that Gêrds has to say here will be enough to make you nearly forget Lons is also playing a football game in the stadium right behind him at that time.

MD9: Zseparatists - Lons

On the other side of the Lonish coastline from Kêlasma is the district of Âvorven Sasatun, which has the city of Kâmadrên, the former capital of the Asmal Empire. Lots of history surrounds this district, and realistically, any tourists here would have no problem going anywhere as it's also one of the best connected districts in Lons, but our loyal tour guide seems to prefer staying in the big city, enjoying watching the game from a pub in the Kurîakâ neighbourhood. Did I tell you this district produces lots and lots of specialty beers? That might be relevant.

MD10: Lons - Monso
Played in Gevêrs Lokvâlt Stadi, in Blutôn

Pôn êt Bnas Bâran is a strange district, and that begins with the name. Why is it called West and East Bâran? What's going on there? And also, why does the city of Blutôn, where the game is played, look like an industrial mess? And why does the capital city of the district, Horûs, also look like an industrial horrorscape? And lastly, why is there a district government building in Blutôn if Horûs is the capital? To distract you from the boring district of Bâran, Wilmên Gêrds will try to answer those questions and more, while paying minimal attention to his surroundings. And he visits the game against Monso, which is another good way to fill time without having to look at the ugly city around him much more.

MD11: Schiavonia - Lons

And because the last edition of the tourist attraction scheme wasn't the most attractive, it's lucky that one of the most beautiful districts, Pôrdatênlôn, is just a short trip away from there. Travel with Gêrds as he makes the idyllic train journey from Bimi to Kâmadêrpâîl, along the Ekwo river. And, pay attention, because if you wanted to know how the game's going, the mood in the train is a dead giveaway.

It should be noted that these description are posted the day after the matchday they're mentioned as, as the football game that is being played at that time is included in the video![/spoiler]
Last edited by Lons on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:33 pm

THE ROCKET REPORT

HOPING MOMENTUM CONTINUES

by Brianne Henry,

As an unranked nation in World Cup 83, Newmanistan took the second position in the group that was left up for grabs and was able to go into the second phase of qualifying. Formats differ from World Cup to World Cup, but that was seen as a great success. Newmanistan continued that momentum into Cup of Harmony and once there, they didn’t make a fool of themselves. Newmanistan then hosted the Campionato Esportiva, along with Xanneria to continue to draw interest in the game of soccer. Fans are captivated by this team and are hoping that one day they could qualify for the World Cup.

There was a time when Newmanistan had the reputation of near misses to qualify for the World Cup, and ending up in the Cup of Harmony. The Empire is not at the point right now where the Cup of Harmony is seen as a disappointment, and the nation with that reputation now is certainly Eastfield Lodge. With the groups of World Cup 84 announced, you can’t help but smile just a little bit knowing that Eastfield Lodge is also part of our qualifying group. Apox and Audioslavia are as well, so oddsmakers will lean towards the two A’s making it and the two with failure reputations, one past and one present, to again be a part of the Cup of Harmony.

It will be a pretty interesting World Cup, though, with 15 groups of 11. That will mean 20 games, so there will be no shortage of action. The format, though longer, is simpler, as the top two teams per group advance to the World Cup that will be played in Cassadaigua and Baker Park. Our competitive rivalry with Cassadaigua, moreso in other sports then soccer, may make us wish that we could go there, but the reality is that we will be heading to the Cup of Harmony again. That does not mean that this team cannot be competitive, and I had a chat with the manager, Miguel Hernandez, about this team.

Henry: Miguel, thank you for your time. Qualifying will be starting pretty soon. I am sure you are excited.

Hernandez: Yes, thank you for having me. This is an exciting time of year, and the first time in decades that the Empire will be in two consecutive World Cups. I am first grateful that the Emperor realizes the popularity of soccer within the country, and that our players will have the chance to play at this level.

Henry: Nothing was expected out of this team in the last World Cup. You were unranked, yet, you made it into the second group stage. Things have been positive in terms of progression, for sure.

Hernandez: That’s exactly it, Brianne. We exceeded expectations last time around, so we cannot take a step back this time.

Henry: With that, what are the expectations, the fair ones, of this team? I know a goal is to qualify as an underdog, but what is a fair expectation?

Hernandez: We will take it one game at a time. That is what happened last time, and results turned in our favor late and we kept getting results. I want to get results and make Apox and Audioslavia nervous. They are the top teams in this group on paper, but I believe we can play well and keep the pressure on them. Also, of course, Devonta and Eastfield Lodge are teams we need to beat.

Henry: Eastfield Lodge currently has the reputation as the toughest luck nation in terms of qualifying. Even worse then Newmanistan was before. What’s it like seeing them?

Hernandez: We know what it’s like to have tough luck, as a nation, though none of our current players will remember that. Eastfield Lodge is living that, and we have to make sure that they live that for at least one more cycle.

Henry: Can this team sneak past either Apox or Audioslavia?

Hernandez: One game at a time. If we are going to do that, we can’t drop points. We were an unranked team last time, so we know what the bottom teams in a group are capable of doing.

Henry: Let’s say the team finishes fourth. Is that a success?

Hernandez: Depends. I can’t answer that.

Henry: A lot of games to be played, any roster or game plan experimenting going to happen?

Hernandez: There are a lot of games, but remember those of us who had the additional group stage last time played a lot of games, too. I may experiment at times, but now the focus is on our opener in Devonta. Right off the bat, that’s a big one for us.

Henry: Then a bye.

Hernandez: Yeah, we can sneak up on teams easier I take it. We’ll have a game in hand on others most days.

Henry: Thanks, Miguel for your time, and good luck.

Hernandez: Thank you, I appreciate it.
Last edited by Newmanistan on Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Folmara
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Folmara » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:41 pm

Folmara Trumpet

World Cup Draw Reveals Hopeless Situation

The qualifier draws took place today and by all accounts, we are screwed. The FNT was drawn into group six in the following order,

Mriin (15)
Schottia (158)
Juvencus (35)
Razneta (UR)
Qasden (23)
Aimena (283)
Hapilopper (73)
Geisenfried (87)
Benjamin Mark (130)
Folmara (UR)
Northwest Kalactin (218)

The world class teams that are Mriin and Qasden are sure to be the biggest threat, with obvious questions coming from Juvencus and Halipopper. Given as how Folmara's only multiverse friendly was against HUElavia (55), and resulted in a 1-2 home defeat, we are optimistic of a 5th place finish, but no higher.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:19 pm

“It must feel weird, Jeremy, watching this and having nothing to do”
“Hmm” came the reply from the old man in the trench-coat. The noise was barely audible over the sound of the ice-cubes ratting in his whisky.
“How long has it been since you just did nothing? No big-wig position at the FFA, or the NSWC, or the Emberton Post or the Cathair Herald. No sports writing, not even a bizarrely macho automotive magazine show”
“Hmm” came the reply. The two men weren’t looking at each other. Both sets of eyes were fixated on the screen. On it were various faces from the realm of international football. Maria Polus, Dom Probst, Jillian Nier, Buse Tekin…
“Who’s that?”
“Tavish Willow” said Jeremy.
“You know them?”
“Hmm” said Jeremy.
“Isn’t that David Carlson?”
“Wish they’d hurry up with the draw already” said Jeremy, finishing his whisky and almost poking his eye out with the umbrella.
“Why do you even have an umbrella in whisky?”
“Hmm”
“I thought you weren’t even supposed to have ice in whisky. I remember once, I was in Cathair with the worst tour-guide I’ve ever met, and he went on and on about how you should never have ice in whisky. Something about dulling your tastebuds”
“Speaking of which, how’s your fanta?”
“This is a Bucks Fizz. Fanta’s for spicy food”
“Whatever you say”
“I reckon you guys’ll get a tough group” said the man who wasn’t Jeremy, nodding towards the TV screen.

“Tougher than your team’s, that’s for sure”
“Come on now”

“Come on nothing, the easiest way to play is not to play at all”

“And how’s that working out for you?”
“Hmm”

It had been five months since the court decision.

A few years ago, Jeremy Jaffacake had found himself under investigation by a copper who didn’t know when to quit. Rory Wyatt-Holmes. Detective Inspector Wyatt-Holmes. Prick. When the DI had realised he wasn’t going to be able to pin a 100-year-old murder on Jeremy, he’d gotten annoyed and gone after Jeremy in a different way. If Wyatt-Holmes couldn’t put Jeremy away because of a newfangled law, then he’d tag him for a law so old it could have played in World Cup 1.

“Moral Indecency Law 1676 my arse” said Jeremy, out loud.
“Careful” said his drinking partner. “If someone were to put that on tape…”
“Hmm” said Jeremy.

The punishment for ‘Gross Moral Indecency”, on which Jeremy was guilty on five thousand, four hundred and eighty-three counts, according to a very lazy judge who was clearly an old friend of Wyatt-Holmes, was that, if the plaintiff was caught ‘speaking indecently’ in the next 365 days, he would have to spend a fortnight in the stocks next to a barrel of ripe tomatoes. In Krytenia.
The plaintiff was allowed one swear-word per day, and one only.

“Arse was today’s word, right?” said the man.
“Yup” said Jeremy.
“Well, you’d best hope there are no nasty surprises for your team in the draw, then”
Jeremy frowned towards the TV. The man continued.
“And you didn’t answer my question. What on earth are you going to do for money?”
“Oh f…”
“Yes?”
“Flip knows. Flip knows what I’m going to do for money”
“Flip, eh? Well I’ll call him if you like?”
“Shut up”
“I’ll call him on my fuck-phone”
“Hmm” said Jeremy, keeping his lips tight as another whisky was placed down in front of him. He nodded at the barmaid, who was busy giving his drinking partner the side-eye.
“Here come Audioslavia now. You’re in group D… ooh that’s with Apox”
“What’s that?” said Jeremy, interrupting. It was his partner’s turn to say ‘hmm’.
“Over there” continued Jeremy, nodding towards the table next to him. His drinking buddy turned to see a young man with a laptop.
“It’s a laptop”
“No, what’s *on* the laptop?”
“It looks like a sticker for.. I dunno.. a rock band?”
“On the screen, you utter…”

“Careful. It’s a video. A YouTube video”
“What… what on earth is a ‘YouTube’”
“it’s part of RL States” said the man, taking a sip of his Bucks Fizz. “People use it to upload videos of various goings-on in RL States. This guy here, for example, is called Jon Bois”
“You know him?” asked Jeremy, cocking his head to one side. “So tap him on the shoulder and ask him what he’s watching”
“Jon Bois is the guy on the video” corrected the man. “Or rather, that’s his voice. He does videos about sport using Google Maps.”
“That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard”
“Maybe” said the man, “Though he earns a living from it, it appears”
“Hmm” said Jeremy. “How?”
“People watch the videos. That generates ad revenue. Also there’s a Patreon”
“Wh..”
“It’s a website where you get to give money to people to make things that you’d like to see. It’s like a subscription service for a TV channel, but the more money you give, the better the content is”
“Hmm” said Jeremy.
“You’re *properly* out of work?”

“I’m not allowed to be rude at all” replied Jeremy. “Not working for a newspaper was the best course of action”
“Well” said the man. “Have you thought about doing… well.. what this guy is doing. Or the kind of thing Urinating Tree does”
“What the… flip… is a urinating tree… oh sh… can I say ‘urinating’”
“Yes” came a voice about twenty feet behind Jeremy’s friend, who turned to search for the source.
“That’s him” said Jeremy, without looking up from his whisky, “D.I. Wyatt-Holmes. He’s on holiday here in Calorborne. He’s here in a sort of…” Jeremy paused “…’checking up to see I’m not saying mean things because saying mean things is stupid and bad’ capacity”
“He’s trolling you, but in real life”
“He’s not trolling me. To say he was trolling me would be rude”
“Ah, so he is trolling you”
“Urinating Tree” said Jeremy. “What is a Urinating Tree?”
“Okay” said the man. “So you know the World Bowl?”
“Gridiron World Cup Thing” said Jeremy, nodding, taking the umbrella out of his whisky and idly sucking on the wooden handle.
“Well there’s a version in RL States. More like a kind of UICA for Gridiron clubs. Kind of. It’s called the NFL. Urinating Tree recreates matches in Made In 2k19 and takes the piss out of all the players”
“Hmm” said Jeremy.
"Hmm what?"
“How would I contact this 'Urinating Tree'”
“He’s… he’s an RL States character, Jeremy. He doesn’t exist outside of RL States’s IC universe”
“Then how would I find his non-union multiversal equivalent” said Jeremy.
“Why” said the man.
“If they can use this… You Tube… to make videos about RL States, I can use it to make actual videos about the actual multiverse.”
“You want to use… to use an RL States medium to talk about actual sports?”
“Well why not?”
“Well why not just get on twii.tur like everyone else and/or write match reports on NS Sport like everyone else. Or go on Channel One and do a two-hour post-game sports program or something. I dunno.”
“Live TV” said Jeremy. "You'd trust me on live TV? In my current predicament? The other pundits would have me for breakfast"
“Well…record some kind of football programme to go out to millions on a Sunday morning. Edit it yourself. I dunno. Using an RL States platform for NS sport is… it’s stupid. It’d be like posting roleplays about Scotland”
“Whatland?”
“It’s an RL States nation”
“What, the one from World Cup 16? They’re still going?”
“Look. Just think about it. There are so many ways you can earn thousands for just… turning up at a TV station and saying “I’m Jeremy Fucking Jaffacake, Good Morning Bitches, only without the sw… oh wow”

“Yeah”
“Oh wow you can’t say ‘g’nite bitches’”
“Yeah”
“That’s your catchphrase
“Yeah”

“You can’t go on TV without your catchphrase
Yeah
“Hmm” said the man, finishing off his Bucks Fizz. “You know… yeah… why not?”

“I’ll need to get in touch with… what’s his name… Bom Joyce? Urinating Whatsit?”
“Urinating Tree is the character” said the man. “I’ll get you next best thing”

To be continued

Vdara
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 10, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vdara » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:51 pm

FanZoneVdara
(This will be a logo tomorrow, hopefully.)

Ever since the group draws were announced, some Vdaran fans have been less than hopeful, as seen in this interaction between the Vdaran FA and the social media boss of the famously fiery-tempered Vdara Fan TV on Twitter.

ImageImage
Vdaran Football Association

@VdaraFA

Just in time for the upcoming World Cup, we are proud to announce the BRAND NEW Vdaran Home and Away kits, fresh off the press from Zsports! #ComeOnYouBlueVuvuzelas

RETWEETSFAVORITE

3:09 am - 08/12/19

ImageImage
Vdara Fan TV
@VFTV

The new kit’s all well and good, but will it make us perform any better? :P #WhyAreWeInGroupTwo #WeAreDoomed

RETWEETSFAVORITE

3:21 am - 08/12/19

ImageImage
Vdaran Football Association

@VdaraFA

The kit doesn’t have racing stripes, so the players won’t go any faster than they already are. ;) #ComeOnYouBlueVuvuzelas

RETWEETSFAVORITE

3:26 am - 08/12/19

However, another Vdaran fan account had some supportive words for the Blue Vuvuzelas.

ImageImage
Come On You Blue Vuvuzelas!
@COYBV

@VdaraFanTV The boys in the squad have made some solid performances in the Alpha League this season, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we at least see some semblance of goodness coming from the Blue Vuvuzelas! #WeAreVdara #WeFightForSuccess

RETWEETSFAVORITE

3:32 am - 08/12/19

Prime Minister Arnaoutakis has this to say about Vdara’s upcoming performance in the World Cup: “Whatever the outcome of the next few matches are, I hope all Vdarans, no matter what ethnicity, social class or political alignment, can shout ‘Come On You Blue Vuvuzelas!’. Whether you’re at the stadium, or in your house, or in another country, but whenever Vdara score a goal, make sure to chant that phrase.”

You heard it here first, folks. No matter where or when you are, make sure to shout ‘Come On You Blue Vuvuzelas!’
Last edited by Vdara on Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Come for the weather. Stay for the fitba. Leave for somewhere prettier.

Juvencus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Juvencus » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:22 am

NOSTALGIA REPORT

Cup of Harmony 71 Final: Saltsead 0-0 Juvencus (0-0 AET, 3-4 PKS)

VITTORIA ALLA COPA DI HARMONIA 71!
Gli attaccanti's proudest achievement, the Cup of Harmony trophy being lifted up high as the team is victorious!

Juvencus XI:
GK:Taddeo Bulgari
CB:Nicolò Bassi
CB:Valerio Scarpa
CB:Amaury Félix
CDM:Nino Russo
CDM:Filipe Rodrigues
RM:Hugo Grec
LM:Angelino Alberighi
RF:Demetro Laterza
LF:Joaquim Martell
CF:Santo Silvestri

Saltstead XI:
GK:Emmet Ferdinand
CB:Bryan McBride
CB:Emmet le Duc
CB:Camille Daley
RB:Rosie Foley
LB:Otto Frederickssen
CM:Joanna Morris
CM:Otto Stephenssen
RM:Clement Kolen
LM:Anne-Marie Crabshaas
CF:Emma Gryndhout

An epic matchup with a mark that will last for ages! The Final of the Cup of Harmony 71 competition saw gli attacanti emerge victorious against all odds after a thriller matchup against Saltstead! The stallions proved to be a boulder impossible to move after 120 minutes of play, with the penalties that followed determining the result of the matchup!

Early on, the Saltsteedish side made a formation seemingly impossible to get through for the Juven side. With a lot of passing at play and maybe even moving them back, probably from the lack of space and intimidation they provided. This caused gli attacanti to become highly opportunistic in their attacks as well as possessive play, knowing that the stallions probably looked for a quick counter-attack to shake things up. On the 18th minute, a great one-two play between Alberighi and Martell ended up with the latter in a great spot for a shot just outside the box, however a tackle by Foley stopped his attempt. Soon afterwards, a long range rocket by Silvestri hit the crossbar. A drier time followed, however a quick interception in the midfield by Stephenssen and long ball towards Gryndhout found her one on one with Bulgari, however her shot went wide by just an inch. Afterwards, a very possessive game followed, with the flow of the game not changing much if at all.

The second half was more action packed as gli attaccanti founds more spaces and errors through the stallions' defense. As a result, Alberighi found space through the right side of the Saltsteedish defence and sprinted through to cross the ball in with Silvestri's header being saved by Ferdinand's cat-like reactions. A barrage of long shots followed in particular from Laterza and Martell without bearing much fruit. The second half ended in an 0-0 and the final moved on to extra time.

The extra time was a particularly incredible showcase of attacking and counter-attacking. The stallions managed to find space first, with a strong shot by Gryndhout being saved by Bulgari. A quick counter-attack followed, with a long cross from Scarpa finding Martell with the latter crossing it for Silvestri with Silvestri's volley hitting the bar once again.
The second half of the extra time was an incredible possessive half, the Juven side, knowing they gotta score, but also play safe decided not to pressure the Saltsteedish side and as a such, the only chance of the half was a long distance knuckle shot by Laterza going wide.

The penalties that followed saw gli attaccanti emerge victorious after a 3-4 win.

Penalties

Juvencus:
Silvestri: Goal
Laterza: Goal
Martell: Goal
Grec: Goal

Saltstead:
Gryndhout: Goal
McKenzie: Goal
Kolen: Goal
Crabshaas: Miss
The Holy Empire of Juvencus
Diverse yet united
Demonym: Juven Trigram: JUE Capital: Pomena
Sonnel is my home<3

The Andromeda Island Group
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Island Group » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:01 am

Selection Night
Early January

After an early exit from the Wonder Cup, The Andromeda Eagles, all college students, returned to their respective campuses knowing that there were two more tournaments they would have to play: World Cup Qualifying this spring & either the World Cup or the Cup of Harmony this summer.

The Andromeda Eagles agreed to meet at two separate venues this Friday evening. On the Big Island, the University of Todd’s Cove will host East Portsmouth in a basketball game later tonight. In Joppa, Pickett College will host the University of Joppa in a basketball game. These four colleges are also home to all but one of the 23 members of the Andromeda Eagles.

The venue for the meeting in Joppa State is at “The Midnight Hour,” a restaurant close to Pickett College. Thirteen of the Eagles are there, led by team captain Phil Thomas. Madison Nichols sits to Thomas’ left while Steffi Tucker sits to his right.

“So, you ladies excited?” Thomas asks. “The Group Draw in a few minutes.”

“You really think the group draw is that important?” Nichols asks.

“Yeah. We should see who we’re playing so we can prepare.”

“I think it’s important too, Phil.” Steffi Tucker is aware of the relationship between Thomas and Nichols. “Sometimes, the best move in difficult situations is to adjust the lineup.” Tucker raises an eyebrow toward Thomas. “A change in personnel.”

“But if we play our game, the right way, consistently, we’ll overcome whoever they put in front of us.” Nichols is aware of what Tucker is doing.

Thomas, also aware of Tucker’s suggestion, attempts to dissuade her.

“Maddie’s right. Win or lose, if we’re consistent, we will endure.”

Thomas takes another bite of fish.

“Here it is.” Dolfo Martinez yells. Martinez and some of his teammates have a clear look at the big screen TV, which is tuned to a Sports Channel.

“And here are the official matchups for World Cup Qualification this spring.”

----------

The venue for the meeting in Todd’s Cove is at “Brandys Bar and Grill,” a restaurant established before the area was known as Todd’s Cove. Ten of the Eagles are there along with Assistant Coach Kerri Zimmerman. As the Andromeda Eagles part of the draw was revealed, Coach Zimmerman starts coughing. Rick Sprinkle, the co-captain of the Eagles, passes Zimmerman a glass of water. After a sip, Zimmerman coughs up a small bone.

“Just as I thought,” Zimmerman declares. “Scotch and water. You’ve been drinking, Rick. You know the rules.”

“Coach, I’m German-Irish. I can’t help it.”

“I’m as German as you.” Coach Zimmerman stares at Sprinkle. “And I don’t drink.”

“Have you ever had to listen to Rufus Boutwell speechify about how much he hates The President during Christmas dinner?”

“Rufus Boutwell? Assemblyman Rufus Boutwell?”

“He’s my uncle.”

Three years ago, Conservative Assemblyman Rufus Boutwell of Beta City set the record for longest speech on the floor of the National Assembly. He spoke for more than six hours against the Health Care Law.

“I’ll overlook it, THIS time.”

Sprinkle, the team captain, has an understanding with Coach Zimmerman. She has never actually punished Sprinkle for having the occasional drink.

“So, Coach, what do you think of the Group Draw?”

“We got as good a chance as any. Four months is a long time.”

“You think we could actually make the World Cup?”

“You think we can’t?”

Sprinkle laughs. “I don’t know, but we’ll try.”

“Good answer.” Zimmerman pats Sprinkle’s back before excusing herself.

Rick Sprinkle smiles. Having spent the past two years under Coach Zimmerman, he knows that if there is a way to make it to the 84th World Cup, Kerri Zimmerman will find it.

“So, whaddaya think?”

Abby Salliewhite, one of Sprinkle’s teammates on both the Todd’s Cove team and the National Team, asks about the draw.”

“I think we got a good shot,” Sprinkle says. He downs the remainder of his scotch and water.

“A damned good shot.”

Schottia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schottia » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:01 am

Why I Hate Football

Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four Part Five
OOC: This is a continuation of the latest series in the Gary Corsie/Brewer saga - Proudly following the perpetual misfortunes of the former Schottia midfielder since WC68.

Part Six.

Star in the making

Clad in a hand-stitched cotton shirt, and jeans with the legs cut off above the knees, Madita didn’t exactly look like footballer. What's more, a pair of stripy leggings that she had chopped up and folded down at the top to resemble football socks, did nothing to reassure any onlookers that she had the foggiest idea what she was doing.

‘Okay, you’d better get your football boots on.’ Gary Brewer said to his six-year-old daughter, as he had a quick scan over the training pitch, trying to take in the lay of the land. The boots weren’t the newest – in fact they weren’t new at all, nor did they fit Madita exactly. However, when you were living off the grid in an almost currency free community, football equipment wasn’t the kind of stuff you found lying around. As it was, she was lucky that Joanna’s nephew had just grown out of a pair, and was happy to pass them on. Madita didn’t care though. To her they were perfect, and nothing in the world could have spoiled her first day at football training. She might have looked Pipi Longstockings, but she felt like Rowena Strongbow.

‘Excu…’ Gary scratched his beard, his hands warm and clammy with nerves. ‘Excuse me, please.’ He called out, approaching a young man in the club’s tracksuit. ‘I was curious as to where we should report..? My daughter, Madita, would like to try-out. Is there a procedure we should follow, or...?’ She now had her laces tightly secured, and had returned to his side like a ball of eagerness.

‘Hi Madita. I’m Uil.’ The young man smiled, first offering her, then Gary his hand. ‘All you need is a pair of boots, and some determination – both of which you seem to have. Why don’t you just come with me, I need someone to help set up.’ The young man, Uli, gave Gary a reassuring smile, but this close to a football pitch, several centimetres of bulletproof glass would have struggled to comfort him.

Maditia never even looked back, as she followed Uli towards the astroturf. ‘You must be… Seven? Eight? Wow! Only six!’ And as he watched his only daughter being led away, Gary realised that he had achieved the one thing he’d always resolved not to: lose a child to football.

Still mourning his loss, he turned back towards the clubhouse, where it seemed that most of the other parents were gathered. Many of them were fussing around with their own children, ensuring they had their laces tied, and their water bottles handy. The training ground was situated in a leafy suburb of Kensey, and in the early autumn sun it was actually quite pleasant.

Gary found himself a quiet spot to sit, from where he could cast a distrustful eye over the proceedings, without too much danger of being drawn in to a conversation, or worse still . . . Recognised.

He slumped against the wall of the building, sliding his canvas rucksack from his shoulders. Reaching inside, he removed a tin with some chopped up fruit and a battered old canteen of blackberry infusion, so as to be ready for Madita’s drink break. Several year groups were training at the same time, but it didn’t take Gary long to pick out his daughter in her red and green striped stockings. She could barely contain herself, bouncing from heel to toe as she stood in a row with the other children.

There was a warmth in the sun, prompting Gary to loosen a couple of shirt buttons. There was nothing for it but to sit it out and wait for the ordeal to be over. Something he had been doing for over forty years:

North Handon, June 1994
With a large, podgy hand placed firmly on his son’s shoulder, Don Corsie made his way proudly into the changing rooms at Livingstone Crescent AFC.

‘I’ve got some fresh meat for ye here!’ He proclaimed loudly. ‘Fresh fish!’ The fishmonger corrected himself, grinning broadly at his own joke. There were two passions in Don’s life, fish, and football, and any opportunity for crossover was very welcome. The players, who were all around seven or eight, looked at the new arrivals quizzically (possibly still waiting for the aforementioned fish).

‘Hello Don!’ From the back of the room, the trainer appeared, greeting him warmly with a strong handshake and a hefty pat on the arm. The trainer was big and burley, with a ring of greying hair beneath a balding dome of a head. He was clad in faded back tracksuit trousers and polo shirt, which looked like they had been washed on too hot a cycle. ‘Is this yer laddie?’

‘Aye.’ Don puffed his chest out, at the same time pushing the young boy forward. ‘This is my Gary.’

Gary Corsie, like his father, was a rather round individual, with a pudding face and plump rosy cheeks. As the trainer knelt down to his level, you could see he was already having doubts about the young boy’s footballing potential. ‘Hello son.’ He said at last, a tone of concern audible in his voice. He inspected Gary from head to toe: last season’s Port Sebastian top, two sizes too big – shorts on squint – a scaffy pair of trainers on the wrong feet. ‘My name is Derek Hanson.’ He hesitated. ‘… Son, do you… want to train with us..?’

Gary looked up at his father, eyes imploring him to say no, but… ‘Yes he does!’ Don patted his son on the back with such a force that it nearly knocked the wind out of him. ‘Ye’re looking at Porty’s next number nine right there Derek! Ah tell ye, a star in the making!’

‘Excuse me… Excuse me, hello…’ A woman’s voice brought Gary back to the present. ‘Melissa.’ She said extending a hand. ‘Melissa Cane.’ Gary obliged and shook her by the hand briefly. ‘Is this your daughter’s first time training?’ Melissa was tall, with dark blonde hair tied back in a ponytail. She was dressed casually, but at the same time, it was obvious that her clothing was expensive.

‘Yes.’ Gary answered, feeling that he should pick himself up off the ground, trying not to groan as he stood back up. ‘Gary… eh… I’m Gary.’ A glance over the woman’s shoulder told him exactly from where she had come. A group of similarly dressed mums were stood at the far end of the clubhouse, sipping coffee from their thermos cups, exchanging stories about parents’ evenings, and after school clubs. Several younger siblings ran about their feet, while babies in slings were also visible.

‘We were just saying, we love your daughter’s football socks.’ Melissa added. ‘Did you make them yourself..?’

‘She did,’ Gary corrected her. The truth was Madita made a lot of her own clothes, and at six, was already pretty handy with a needle and thread. ‘It’s important for her to look the part, you know..?’

‘Absolutely.’ Was the slightly over enthusiastic reply. ‘Finn is the same. As soon as the new Spiders kit comes out it’s like: Mum, I don’t want to wear the old one…’ Melissa laughed nervously. ‘Although there’s not even a stich wrong with it.’

‘Kids…’ Gary answered with a shrug. He didn’t know what he meant by that, but it felt like the right thing to say. It seemed to have the desired effect however, as Melissa returned the gesture, seemingly satisfied.

‘What’s your daughter’s name.’

‘Madita.’

‘Matilda?’

‘Madita.’

‘Madita?’

‘That’s the one.’

‘Okay,’ Melissa concluded, after mouthing the name silently a few more times. ‘It was really nice to meet you…’

‘Gary.’

‘...Gary. If you want to come over and join us then please feel free. You don’t need to sit over in the corner by your self. We don’t bite I promise.’

Melissa laughed loudly, obliging Gary to follow suit. How was he going to get out of this one?

‘Thank you, but… I… don’t… want to…’

‘Ah! Okay…’ Melissa looked over her shoulder towards the other mums, already plotting an exit. ‘Well, if you change your… you know…’ This was a tense moment ‘Nice to meet you though.’

‘Likewise.’ Gary lied, before returning to his spot in the sun.

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:02 am

Saberks Beach, Saberks Island, Bolgano
Red Nines: I missed being at the beach one day, now I can't come here without a fan asking me for an autograph
Francis Thom: Even if it's not me, now I have been appearing in the fame of Bolgano
Red Nines: Yes, but they discover me faster because I have Heterochromia
Francis Thom: Blue and brown, classic
Red Nines: More classic is brown with blue friend
Francis Thom: When you were a child did you get mocked for that?
Red Nines: No, I never suffered from Bullyng or something similar.
Francis Thom: When I was in Fifth Grade I barely average 1.45 and they made fun of me but now I'm someone of 1.80 just think how much I want to see them again to see what they would think
Red Nines: Sure, you are the typical one in which they made fun and locked him in a locker just because he was a dwarf, right?
Francis Thom: You exaggerated a bit in the latter
Emily: Hi Red, how are you?
Red Nines: Hi Emily, Francis she is my girlfriend
Emily: What's up?
Francis Thom: Nothing, just watching the horizon
Red Nines: Well, what are you doing here?
Emily: I only come with some friends, well I go to the bathroom, my bladder is exploding
Red Nines: Don't let the last thing happen to you
Emily: Silence please * withdraw *
Francis Thom: What happened to him?
Red Nines: She peed in her pants at my parents' house, it was like 3 years ago
Francis Thom: Changing the subject, did you suffer Bullyng for your name?
Red Nines: Yes, they told me Blue, Yellow, Green, one day a friend told me "White" and got into trouble for racism
Francis Thom: And with that you don't play
Red Nines: The only thing I hope is to see who touches us in our group
Francis Thom: After the “Friday 13” and the Cursed Cup, this is a bad thing
Red Nines: And what about Emily was a Friday the 13th, coincidence?
Francis Thom: Once I suffered an arm injury, just on Friday the 13th
Red Nines: That day is weird
Francis Thom: Not really, where do you leave on Tuesday the 13th?
Red Nines: And your shirt is the ¨13¨
Francis Thom And yours is 1 and Liavoni is 3, da ¨13¨
Red Nines: My younger sister is 13
Francis Thom: My parents are 13 years old together
Red Nines: And you're 18, what's going on here?
Francis Thom: 13 years married, they were 7 years old and then married.
Red Nines: So much time passed by boyfriends, what a surprise
Francis Thom: And the street where I live is "13th Street"
Red Nines: You already passed, well I retire, see you soon
Francis Thom: See you later, this talk of ¨13¨seguira, ok?
Red Nines: Something bad will happen on 13 if you keep it up.
Last edited by Bolgano on Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ranking KPB: 95 (8.24)
Trigram: BGN
Titles: Wonder Cup 1, Beconailles (Andres Da Silva)

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby TJUN-ia » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:56 am

TJUN-ia Update: The Cursed Cup?

TJUN-ia's first ever World Cup got of to a weird start as the Draw clearly showed.

The Draw, which was to decide who the Jaguars would play and where (in either Cassadaigua or Baker Park), was delayed due to technical issues with the drawing system nicknamed "Discord". The draw had to be completed using a completely different system, "Esper", however it was announced that the ranking system used had "significant errors". The draw will therefore be redone today.

Very strange indeed...
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Port Ember
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Port Ember » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Port Ember Times
Sports Journal

The World Cup 84 Cycle Is Upon Us!

The Football World Cup 84 Cycle is set to kick off soon, and the Port Emberian National Team has announced its state of readiness for this exciting time! This will be the second ever Cycle in which the Port Emberian team will compete, after their debut during the last cycle.

Previous Cycle

As mentioned, the previous cycle was the debut for The Republic into the world of International Football, where they ultimately failed to reach the prestigious World Cup itself, yet managed to force the world to take notice of the young up-and-comers, and managed to inspire the 'Football Revolution' which is currently sweeping the nation, with millions of Port Emberians calling themselves 'Die Hard Fans' today, where previously Football was but a dim sidenote in the everyday lives of our tropical islander citizens.

As a recap, Port Ember's National Team accomplished the following during the previous cycle:

- Baptism of Fire 70: Third Place overall.

- World Cup 83 Qualifier: Failed to Qualify for World Cup, but won an Invitation to the Cup of Harmony.

- Cup of Harmony 75: Reached Quarter Finals.

After their debut season, the team jumped from non featurering to 88th best team in the world.

Whats New and Old?

Much of the team in its entirety has remained exactly the same since the previous season - for example the entire Backroom Staff remains unchanged, with Coach Stuart Baxter still in charge of the reins as Team Manager/Head Coach. This news comes as pleasant news to the team's fans, as majority feels that the current selection is a strong backroom core. This is especially good news since there was strong rumours that Coach Baxter was planning on retiring after the previous World Cup Cycle, yet luckily for us all he has decided to remain with the team for the time being. However some critics have openly questioned why Defencive Coach Daryl House has been selected to remain on the team, after the team struggled with defencive aspects in the previous cycle. The Port Ember Football Association (PEFA), remains silent on this matter.

Furthermore, the team's roster has also remained unchanged with only one change to the team. Most fans and critics are pleased with this selection, stating that due to the chosen players' age, fitness, experience and cohesion, a better choice could not be made. However a small minority of critics have criticised this decision, stating that since the Premier League has garnered large success and attention, many fresh talent is available for selection, and it would bode well to expose them to the international level. PEFA again, refused to comment on this matter.

The only change in the roster is that the previous Midfielder (#11) Steve Rogers was excluded in entirety from the national team due to him picking up a serious knee injury during the Premier League season, placing him out of the sport for the foreseeable future. To everyone's surprise, he was not replaced with one of the veteran substitute players, but by a new fresh and untested international talent, Eric Tosaír of the Tribe of Waterford. Although a few critics felt it was a mistake of Coach Baxter to chose an untested player whereas the veteran and experienced subs are available and remaining as subs, - this new player did manage to showcase his immense potential during the Premier League, and I personally feel that the Coach made the right call in this regard.

Now for the new - The National Team has chosen a new nickname due to a public outcry, and have even changed their team logo as part of this move. The team used to be nicknamed 'The Tridents', but public pressure has changed it to 'The Dragons', named after our beloved national animal - the Komodo Dragon. Recent surveys have concluded that the fans approve mightily of both the new nickname and logo.

The new logo of the Port Emberian 'Dragons'

PEFA has also annouced the teams new kit - and again recent surveys have concluded that the fans approve mightily.

The primary kit of the Port Emberian 'Dragons'

The secondary kit of the Port Emberian 'Dragons'

Team Roster

Here follows the complete Team Roster for the Port Emberian Dragons, chosen by Coach Stuart Baxter after the conclusion of the National Selection Camp which took place earlier this month:

Goalkeeper (GK)(#1): Peter Smith.

Goalkeeper (GK)(#12): Jack Allwick.

Goalkeeper (GK)(#13): Trevor Carson.

Center Back (CB)(#2): Josh Richards.

Center Back (CB)(#3): Jason Lee.

Center Back (CB)(#14): Bruno Martins.

Center Back (CB)(#15): Victor White.

Full Back (LB)(#4): Alex Kuhn.

Full Back (RB)(#5): Russel Pierce.

Full Back (LB)(#16): Theo Hermandez.

Full Back (RB)(#17): George Lindsey.

Attacking Midfield (AM)(#10): Ray Reddington.

Attacking Midfield (AM)(#18): William Carvello.

Defensive Midfield (DM)(#6): Steven Packard.

Defensive Midfield (DM)(#19): Liam Grimshaw.

Wide Midfield (LM)(#8): Jason Chamberlain

Wide Midfield (LM)(#20): Fraser Murray.

Wide Midfield (RM)(#11): Eric Tosaír of the Tribe of Waterford

Wide Midfield (RM)(#21): John Swift.

Central Forward (CF)(#7): Leon Moult.

Central Forward (CF)(#22): Ryan Bowman.

Central Forward (CF)(#9): Danny Nicovic.

Central Forward (CF)(#23): Jason Status.

As one can see, with the exception of the new Midfielder - Eric Tosaír of the Tribe of Waterford, the lineup remains the same as the World Cup 83 Cycle squad. This team shares youth, fitness, talent and passion amongst all players, making this a pretty strong team in the authors opinion.

Coaching Staff

As previously mentioned, the Coaching Staff for the Dragons remains completely unchanged from the previous cycle. This means that they have allready proven themselves on the international level, and have established great relations and chemistry with their players, which is most definitely an advantage for the team as a whole. Here they are:

Team Manager: Stuart Baker.

Assistant Head Coach: Connor Davies.

Defensive Coach: Daryl House.

Attacking Coach:George SinClaire.

Goalkeeping Coach: Jonathan Peters.

Fitness Coach: Neil Strauss.

Team Doctor: Dr Toby Curtiss.

Massage Therapist: Sally Jones.

Physiotherapist: Dr Jolene Michels.

Team Analysis:

The following summarised points will give a basic analysis of The Dragons as they prepare to launch off this gruelling Qualifier Run:

Offense:

If one looks deep enough, you will always be able to find a score of aspects to criticise about any given team - however there is not a lot of sound minded critics whom can criticise much about the Dragon's offensive capabilities. Coach Baxter has build his entire team and gameplan on the foundation of a constant, dangerous and reckless offense. The chemistry between the two strikers and the midfield is the stuff of legend, and their combined speed, fitness and reckless attacks has always managed to shock even the strongest opposing side. Of particular note is the presence of "The Golden Child" - Danny Nicovic, whom is a true world class striker, combining his unnatural fitness levels with decent technical skills - and the main ingredient - his metaphorical heart of a lion.

Midfield:

The midfield line has always been the foundation of this team, launching attacks, baiting ambushes and organising defence from here. The midfield role is a demanding task in this team, but team captain Ray Reddington - aka "General Red" is known to be abe to rally his forces like a well oiled machine on a good day.

Defence:

The backline has never been known to be the strongest element within this team, and has regularly - and constantly let attacks slip through. We are to wait and see if the Coach managed to fix this long term and traditional problem area.

Goalkeeping:

The Dragons have been blessed with an amazing goalkeeper - Peter Smith. His large size and acrobatic nature has surprised some of the best international strikers on numurous occassions. As long as "Ninja" shows regular face during this season, "The Dragons" has a chance to win some spectacular matches.

Substitutes:

The team has a impressive line-up of substitutes, whom have received field time recently, adding possible depth to the team when needed. The extra attention they have received from the assistant coach is sure to play a important role as well.

Team Morale & Cohesion: The current team is famous for having underwent a 4-year Youth Program, and was the first international team for our nation, and is credited for launching the Football Revolution within the nation. They playes 28 matches together as a united team and is back to double that number. Due to the massive and emotional connection and history between the team players gives thim a massive boost in maintaining an excellent quality of friends and cohesion.

Typical Gameplan:

Their typical system of tiring out and frustrating their opponents in an attempt to pull their 'Bait Ambush' is a risky play which can easily go wrong and concede a goal. However when it works, it is highly effective, and so far this is still effective on this level so far.

The Draw Took Place!

Thats right! The World Cup 84 Qualifiers Draw took place in the co-host nation of Cassadaigua, placing us one step closer to the unfolding football season! There is 15 Groups selected of 11 nations each, and each group nation will face off twice against each fellow group competitor (for a total of 20 matches!). Only the Top 2 nations of each group will qualify for the actual World Cup.This means there is 165 nations battlomg it out for a place amongst only 30 spots!

The Republic of Port Ember was placed in Group 5 alongside the following competing nations:

- Equestria (2)

- Cosumar (18)

- Chromatika (45)

- Acronius (62)

- The Sherpa Empire (96)

- Saintland (161)

- Poafmersia (204)

- Nomoterra (318)

- Hampton Island (UR)

- Yttribia (UR)

Match Schedule:

Match Day 1: Bye

Match Day 2: Port Ember vs Nomoterra (Home)

Match Day 3: Port Ember vs Equestria (Away)

Match Day 4: Port Ember vs The Sherpa Empire (Home)

Match Day 5: Port Ember vs Chromatika (Away)

Match Day 6: Port Ember vs Saintland (Home)

Match Day 7: Port Ember vs Poafmersia (Away)

Match Day 8: Port Ember vs Cosumar (Home)

Match Day 9: Port Ember vs Hampton Island (Away)

Match Day 10: Port Ember vs Yttribia (Home)

Match Day 11: Port Ember vs 11 Acronius (Away)

Match Day 12: Bye

Match Day 13: Port Ember vs Nomoterra (Away)

Match Day 14: Port Ember vs Equestria (Home)

Match Day 15: Port Ember vs The Sherpa Empire (Away)

Match Day 16:: Port Ember vs Chromatika (Home)

Match Day 17: Port Ember vs Saintland (Away)

Match Day 18: Port Ember vs Poafmersia (Home)

Match Day 19: Port Ember vs Cosumar (Away)

Match Day 20: Port Ember vs Hampton Island (Home)

Match Day 21: Port Ember vs Yttribia (Away)

Match Day 22: Port Ember vs Acronius (Home)

In Conclusion...

I wish to conclude with stating the obvious: We The Republic is firmly united under the banner of the Dragons and are extremely excited to shout our lungs out during the upcoming season!

[b]Article by Erica Davies
For The Port Ember Times
[/b]
♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.
♤ A great RP resource -The Average Port Emberian
Port Emberian Embassy Program
♤ My Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/ufkwkCh
However only for members of the GFTC

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hapilopper » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:08 pm

The Stevenson House, suburban Hapilopper City
The day of the Group Draw for the 84th World Cup
The Stevenson family – Carl Stevenson and his wife Angela, and their two adult children, Ernie and Drake, had a full day planned. It wasn’t often that the family got together anymore. Ernie had relocated to Nephara when a new job opportunity had presented itself and Drake traveled a lot as part of his job, so any time they could get together was precious. The first part of the day involved the burning of yard debris in the Stevenson house’s large backyard, and there was a lot of yard debris to burn. Leaves, pine straw, branches, lemon grass and the like, it needed to be burned. After the burn got wrapped up, the Stevenson family would get cleaned up, get some dinner, and come back in time to watch the Group Draw for the 84th World Cup.

The backyard of the Stevenson house was where Ernie, and to a lesser extent, Drake, had learned how to play football. It was here that their father had put together a makeshift field where the two brothers picked up the basics of the game with the assistance of a coach that had been a family friend. Drake didn’t pick it up all that well, and found that driving a race car really fast was a lot easier for him. Ernie, however, picked it up on it beautifully, to the point that he quickly became one of the top footballers in the nation, and now, the multiverse. The goal that Carl Stevenson had gotten for his two boys still sat by the fence in the backyard, where it had been for over 20 years. Carl couldn’t bear to get rid of it – it represented the start of a great life for his youngest son.

Ernie looked back at it as he grabbed a rake and forcibly carried a large pile of yard debris to the larger burn pile, where a fire had been slowly raging for several hours. He slowly trudged past his big brother Drake, who was lazily keeping the fire under control with a garden hose. Drake’s dog, Cactus Jack, originally named Qiang after the last NSSCRA champion (and a surprisingly popular driver amongst Hapiloppian fans), was relaxing in the goal. Ernie pointed at Drake’s dog and chuckled.

Drake looked back at the goal and chuckled. Cactus Jack was making some very pleasant and comfortable noises as he rolled around in the net. He turned back to see Ernie about to scoop his pile of leaves into the burn pile, but at the same time, he didn’t notice a root that was sticking out of the ground. Before Drake could shout anything, Ernie tripped on the root and found himself falling into the fire pile.

Drake, having seen the horror of pit road fires in the HASCAR Challenge Cup, immediately responded and turned the hose on his little brother, who tried as hard as he could to get the hell out of the fire as quickly as he could. Ernie got out and started rolling around on the ground as his big brother hosed him down, his father grabbed a blanket to put out whatever was there. Pretty soon, the whole family was en route to David C. Allison Memorial Hospital a couple of miles away.

Fortunately, Ernie avoided serious injury thanks to the quick action from his big brother. Sure, his hands had been burned, but they were only first degree burns, and it wasn’t like he was supposed to use his hands in football anyway. He could still play, but his hands were going to hurt like hell.

“Drake, can you call Thom Perkins?” Ernie asked. “I need to tell him what’s going on.”

“Sure thing.”

Drake called up Thom, the head coach of the national team and informed him of what was going on. Predictably, Thom’s reaction was that of sheer panic. Drake simply told Thom that Ernie had fallen into a fire pile and was in the hospital.

“First off, calm down, Thom, I don’t think he’s hurt nearly as bad as we thought he’d be,” Drake said. “I think he’ll be playing. He just needs some comically huge gloves. You got any?”

Drake could hear some heavy, panicked breathing on the other end of the line.

“Thom, I think he’s going to be OK,” Drake said. “He just needs some time to recover.”

There would be another heavy blow to take. This one would come from Dom Probst in Concord Heights.

The Dagan Airways Arena, Concord Heights, Cassadaigua
A few hours later – The Group Draw of the 84th World Cup
“And in group six… EQUESTRIA!”

Dominic Probst’s eyes went wide. The head of the Hapilopper Football Association, Probst had paid Cassadaigua a visit for the group draw for the 84th World Cup, along with a number of delegates from different nations attempting to qualify for the biggest event in all of sports. The Haps had been put in Group 6, along with nations such as Bongo Johnson, Darmen, Quakmybush and Darkmania.

At first, he was relieved the Haps hadn’t been put in Group 10, where Wreckeria was expected to slum it up in a group headlined by the Holy Empire, Kita-Hinode, Juvencus and Freeport. To his disappointment, however, the Haps hadn’t been put in Group Two, where they would face the defending Baptism of Fire Champions Trolleborg (who Dom really wanted the Haps to face), the Sherpa Empire (who was quickly gaining a bit of a history with the Haps), Terre Septentrionale (who the Haps were building a bit of a rivalry with), Brenecia (who the Haps could beat down again) and Banija (who wasn’t all that far from the Dominion.)

But then Equestria was named to headline Group Six. The group the Haps were in. Headlined by the Equestrians, that team that beat down the Hapiloppians in the AOCAF and did quite a lot to wreck their confidence. It was too much for Dom to bear.

“Oh, HELL NO!” Dom shouted as he got up, flipping the table he was sitting at, storming out of the conference room. Dom made quite a scene as delegates turned to watch the Hapiloppian representative putting on one hell of a temper tantrum as he left, not even bothering, or caring, to see whatever was left. He found a chair that nobody was sitting in, picked it up and hurled it at the door, smashing the glass window on the door. Reporters waiting outside scattered for cover as Dom stormed out of the conference area, including Venerable Television’s Robert Skippers, who made the mistake of trying to ask Dom a question.

“We got drawn with the Equestrians, how the hell do you think I feel?” Dom asked.

The reaction back home was quite similar. There were cries of anguish all over Hapilopper, and on Hamilton Square in Hapilopper City, where a group of fans were watching the group draw, those cries of anguish were soon accompanied by loud booing and the hurling of some trash at the giant screen showing the group draw. It wasn’t anything particularly personal against the Equestrians – Hapilopper had never really gotten to know the Equestrians all that well beyond football. Most Hapiloppians assumed the Equestrians were a very friendly group. But they were very pessimistic about their chances against a team that went to town against them in the first match of the last AOCAF. They felt they didn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of advancing to the World Cup proper with Equestria in their way.

Hemling’s Home-Cooked Food, Hapilopper City
The next morning
Hemling’s Home-Cooked Food, located a block from Capital Stadium, was a very popular place for Hapiloppians to go for a great breakfast, a fantastic lunch, or a weekend brunch. It was a great informal meeting spot where people from multiple cross-sections of Hapiloppian society could get together to discuss all sorts of topics, from politics to auto racing to history to how the HNFT’s chances were for the coming World Cup. On this afternoon, Thom Perkins and Bob Langdon were discussing a somewhat different topic over breakfast.

A few days before, Thom had called Bob up and asked if they could get breakfast and discuss a potentially sensitive topic – that of Wreckeria. The reason was simple: Wreckeria, for the first time in over half a century, would be sending a team to attempt to qualify for the World Cup, and someone from the Wreckerian Association of Soccer had tried to get ahold of Bob, as he was one of, supposedly, the last living members of that World Cup 30 team. Bob was somewhat enthusiastic about the idea, saying he didn’t get the chance to talk about Wreckeria all that often.

But still, there were some reservations. That time around the 30th World Cup was a very rough time for Wreckerians. President John Adler had just been shot and it sent the nation into turmoil.

“Those were very, very violent times,” Bob said sadly. “We had a great chance to do something great in that World Cup and we had our legs thrown out from under us when the fighting started. It was like, a week before our first match and President Adler had been shot in that assassination attempt.”

“What did that lead to?”

“Well, President Adler was also a racing driver that competed in the WSC, the Wreckerian Stock Car Championship,” Bob continued. “He had won a race just days before. He went to his race shop to get something, and when he came out, somebody was waiting for him. The papers said he was an anarchist, others said he was an environmentalist. Nobody really knew because he was killed a few days later in a shoot-out. Either way, Adler was shot in the neck, and all hell broke loose.”

One of Bob’s teammates and his high school friend, Drake Stevenson, was supposed to be the leading striker on the team.

“You know the racing driver?” Bob continued. “Well, that was his grandfather. He was supposed to be our chief striker. He got picked up by one of those True Wreckerian bastards a few days before our first match and we never heard from him again. Drake had a wife and a young son. I think that’s Drake and Ernie’s father. I see Ernie out there scoring goals and I just think of his grandfather that he never had. He was a good man. He would have been proud of his grandkids.”
Thom sat there and thought about what Bob had just said. The highest-profile player on the HNFT was half-Wreckerian, and had come over to Hapilopper as a direct result of the half-century of the violence.

“It really messed us up,” Bob continued. “We couldn’t help but think about the violence going on at home, and we had some tough competition. The first match, we lost 2-1, and we never got back on our feet. By the time we went up against Starblaydia, we were out to lunch. Now there was a good football team, the Starblaydi.”

Eventually, Wreckeria got their first, and to date, only, victory in international competition, beating Nikea 1-0 in the penultimate match of the qualifying stage. But by that time, they had been eliminated from anything resembling qualifying for the World Cup. In 14 matches, Wreckeria had won one, lost 10 and tied three matches. Dead last in their stage, and it was back to obscurity, and violence. Lots of violence.

“When we came back to Halsted, we came back to hell,” Bob said. “Some of my teammates, I never saw again. The Party of Pride had enlisted me as someone to help them out. I didn’t want to see my home get turned into this hellscape. I didn’t want that. I wanted Wreckeria to go back to the way it was. It saddened me to see them fight, and eventually it was too much.”

“So, what did you do?”

“Well, I didn’t have a family. I wasn’t married. I didn’t have any kids. I was 21 years old. I got whatever I could carry on my back, snuck my way onto a train and two days later I got caught in Hapilopper City. They realized why I was there, and they realized I wasn’t there to cause any problems. I wanted to start a new life, and the Hapiloppians welcomed me with open arms. I couldn’t go back. Now, though, is a different story. Now, though, I feel as if I could give back if they’re done with the fighting.”

“So what you’re saying is you’re open to speaking to the Wreckerians.”

“Hell yeah I am,” Bob said. “If they’re serious about ending whatever conflict they had, and they want to achieve peace through sport, I’m going to help them all the way. Period, and I hope they go a long way in qualifications.”

“Yeah, me too.”

Thom had a smile on his face. If the Wreckerians wanted any sort of reconciliation with the Hapiloppians, the Haps were open to it, at least in the case of one Wreckerian exile in Hapilopper.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:45 pm

Scene: Stafford City Speedway

Track CEO: Brilliant, the plan for the next NSSCRA season is underway.

Assistant: What is the plan? It will be a while before we have any stock car racing in that series around here.

Track CEO: That’s perfectly fine. In the meantime, there is this popular soccer tournament going around, and my finances were able to convince the sporting coalition to send a team to the tournament. It didn’t cost me as much, either. They were pretty excited to hear that we would be back in the World Cup.

Assistant: I heard that about the World Cup. What does the World Cup have to do with NSSCRA?

Track CEO: For starters, we are not sending professional soccer players to the competition. That got some of the clowns upset who attempt to make a living at playing the sport in the small leagues that no one pays attention too.

Assistant: That is stupid. We will be crushed.

Track CEO: We would be crushed even if we did send our best players.

Assistant: Valid point.

Track CEO: Our fans have no interest in watching the people who might be our best soccer players get crushed by elite teams. They would not attend the games, but if we made it exciting for them, then we will sell tickets. That is the only thing that matters.

Assistant: What is the plan?

Track CEO: I still have my contacts at the modeling agency that produced Lexi Patterson.

Assistant: You didn’t. Did you?

Track CEO: Not completely, we don’t need to have a team of clueless ditzes who are simply gorgeous. Just enough of them, and there is a set of hot 18-year old twins. We even have a couple male models too, that way both genders can be motivated.

Assistant: Ok so I can see the plan for the ratings, but what does that have to do with NSSCRA?

Track CEO: It will all come together. There is a lot of soccer to be played in this.
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

Wrecker
Attaché

Founded: Feb 16, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wrecker » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:54 pm

The WAS offices, Halsted, Wreckeria
A few days after the Group Draw
Marvin Byrnes and the staff of the Wreckerian National Team were looking through who they would be facing over the course of 20 matches. They had been put in Group 10 along with heavy hitters like The Holy Empire and Kita-Hinode, not to mention other teams such as Juvencus, Freeport and Osarius. They knew that they were going to have some issues through those 20 matches, but whatever they could do to get whatever kind of advantage they could get on their opponents, they were looking to take it.

One potential advantage the Wreckerians had, however, was the fact that nobody really knew who they were. Everyone knew who the Holy Empire was, and ditto with Kita-Hinode and most of the other teams in the group. But nobody knew who Wreckeria was, how their tactics would look, who their players were, and how the matches would play out. Were these guys any good? Nobody knew the answer to any of these questions, and if anything, that could play out to Wreckeria’s advantage.

The coaches were looking at video from recent Holy Empire and Kita-Hinode matches and studying what they could do. At that time, an office assistant walked in with the newest copy of Wreckerian Sports News. Some of the headlines included where Wreckeria got put in the World Cup Group Draw. The story was portrayed to imply that Wreckeria had gotten a bad break, but in all actuality, they were never going to get off easy in the group draw. Wreckeria was at the bottom end of the totem pole. No matter who they faced, it was always going to be an uphill struggle, and as a matter of fact, they actually got off easy.

Wreckeria could have ended up facing Vilita or Equestria, like what their eastern neighbors Hapilopper were going to deal with. The Holy Empire, by comparison, was on the bottom end of the top teams selected in the group draw, and in all actualities, it could have been worse.

There were other headlines in this edition of WSN. Ernie Stevenson, Hapilopper’s top player, had been burned in an unusual backyard accident when he was working in his parents’ back yard. Dom Probst caused quite a scene at the Group Draw when it was determined that Hapilopper would be in the same group as Equestria, the same nation that bludgeoned the Haps, 8-1, in a group match of the last AOCAF. And that new Wreckerian team intending to compete in the next season of the NSSCRA was hoping to sign a contract with Hapilopper’s Preston Autos to run a Super Skychief.

“Wasn’t Dave supposed to be at the Group Draw?” Marvin asked his coaches. “I know he talked about flying out to Cassadaigua for it.”

“I don’t know,” responded assistant coach Nick Donaldson. “I haven’t seen him today.”

“Well, he said he was going to be there and I never saw anything about it from him,” Marvin replied. “He’s usually pretty active on social media and I haven’t seen word one from him.”

In truth, the individual they were talking about, Dave Simmons, the head of the WAS, fell ill the day he was supposed to fly to Cassadaigua and couldn’t make it to the Group Draw. He came back to the office on this afternoon, but it was clear that whatever he had obviously did a number on him. Dave Simmons looked like shit and he felt like shit.

Stepping out of his own office, Marvin saw Dave coming in, carrying a take-out box and really not wanting to be social at this time.

“Did you go to Cassadaigua?” Marvin asked.

“No,” Dave said, without even as much as glancing at the head coach. “I got sick a few days ago and I wasn’t able to even get out of bed, much less get on an airplane. Hell, my wife didn’t even want to be in the same room as me. I didn’t want to fly to some nation in Rushmore and feel like shit. So I just said ‘hell with it’ and skipped the flight.”

“What did you have?”

“Acute bronchitis. Felt like shit. I think I got it all out of my system.”

“Yeek, no wonder you wife wanted to stay away from you.”

“Yeah. I’m just happy I could get out of the house. I got me some wings to kinda celebrate my independence.”

Marvin chuckled. It was obvious that Dave was happy that he could get out of the house rather than spend his time at home convalescing with the help of bad daytime television, infomercials and the immense weirdness of public access television, including a balding chubby guy wearing a Wreckerian flag thong speedo, a cat/mouse mask, dancing with a bunch of food around a bunch of senior citizens. It was incredibly unsettling to watch, to say the least. It must have been one of those things popular in Hapilopper.

“Say what?” Marvin asked, almost appalled at what he had just heard.

“Yeah, the guy put big jars of peanut butter on his feet and dumped salad dressing all over himself,” Dave replied, visibly appalled at having to recollect this. “This guy’s got to be popular in Hapilopper. Those guys are weird.”

At that point, Dave’s phone rang. It was a number he didn’t recognize, so he didn’t answer it immediately. But then the number called again, so Dave answered.

“Dave Simmons, Wreckerian Soccer.”

“Mr. Simmons? This is Thom Perkins with the Hapilopper National Football Team, how are you doing?”

“Just fine, yourself?”

“Good. I talked to Bob Langdon the other day, he’s more than willing to talk to you. Can I set up a time where you guys can get together? I heard you were wanting to get together to talk about the last Wreckerian team.”

“Yeah, just let me know a time and I’ll set it up.”

“How about this Wednesday around noon Halsted time? We’ll fly Bob out and y’all can talk about your experiences.”

“Sounds good, see you then.”

“Who was that?” Marvin asked.

“Thom Perkins, the head coach in Hapilopper,” Dave replied. “One of the World Cup 30 players is flying over to talk about things. I got a good feeling about this.”
Puppet of Hapilopper
Made with pride in Atlantian Oceania.

Appalachian Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Appalachian Nation » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:23 pm

It's a long way to the top of the mountain, but we do know a thing or two about mountains here!
By Troy Butterson

Recently and despite technical issues, the Appalachia national football was given its draw for the 22 game slog through the World Cup Qualifiers. Boy this list looks fimiliar! The series will feature matchups versus several teams the Hillbillies are familiar with plus some other teams that should give the Hillbillies a great chance at testing their might. We see old freinds neighbors and people we were always destined to meet. We meet powerhouse, sleeping giants and Bears, lots and lots of bears, and a player whose literally been around for nearly an eternity.

#8: Valanora
Favorite to go through, Valanora proves a good test to see how close Appy can make it.The Elves as they are known have a deep roster and star power bigger than even the Appalachia Three, while not expecting wins here, playing them close both games could be a good barometer for the team heading to the CoH and Future endeavors.

#32 Ethane
Oh, Ok thats what were gonna do? As some may or may not know Ethane is located on the northern border of Appalachia in the Pocono Mountains. Appalachia has played Ethane five prior times but has gone a scraggly 0-1-4, with a 2-2 tie in 1983 being the only thing of note the Appalchia did. The Hillbillies have an outside shot at three points here, but could easily tie things up like in 83.

#47 Kelssek
Another team with Very little known about them. a northern nation full of snow and maple syrup, not much is known about the Kelssekian team, while the familiarity with Ethane makes me think that the hillbillies could pull out a stunner on them, the lack of familiarity between us and the Kelssekians make me think that it will be more of an uphill battle.

#56 Xanneria
These jokers again? The World Cup is supposed to bring nations from far and wide to face off against each other. But here we are with both our northerly neighbor and our most common opponent of all time. We have played Xannerian multiple times in the Big Six Tourniment beating them 11 times and drawing four times (losing 25 times), yet here, it really finally counts. We'll get to see what the Hillbilly can do while motivated against the Maroons. Maybe, Just maybe we can sneak in three points.

#86 Port Ember
The biggest dark horse for qualification, Port Ember is a sneaky team that came out of nowhere and used lessons learned from the Qualifiers to nearly win it all (In the COH). Port Ember is coming in hot and coming in fresh, the team recently went through a rebranding as the Komodo Dragons and could be a tough point to get, let alone three.

#132 Ouna
A curious nation, Ouna had a rather developed League going in the last few years. But with recent issues domestically in politics it could be interesting to see how this nation does, they may be one of the weakest opponents we face.

#152 Lisander
This team is ranked 152, but they really shouldn't. A clerical error left Lisander after the last WCQs and they are now back with avengeance. They are fully expected to pull above their weight and could be a tougher point than several other teams on here.

#269 Five Cities
We have even less info on the Five Cities than we do on Ouna, Oddly the Five Cities did make the BoF Playoff, but even then their roster wasn't made public nor did their team use player names on the jersies. Even worse is the supposed rumor that the nation is on the cusp of collapse. By far the weakest opponent we'll face.

UR Bears Armed
They are unranked but they are fierce, a race of humanoid Warrior Bears, this likely will be the first time many Appalachians have seen a non-human before. Don't let the unranked rating fool you, the Bears are a top team in years past finishing top 3 before. That being said with many issues in the Bears Armed domestic system it will be interesting to see if they can stay together and compete in the top half.

UR Razneta

The Other Unranked team in our group Razneta is located in Soccer Happy Atlantian Oceania, yet they have one of the least talked about teams. Very little is known and for all we know they could be a non-Soccer power.

Anyways now that I'm done with previews here are my predictions for the Qualifying group.

1. Valanora
2. Kelssek
3. Xanneria
4. Ethane
5. Port Ember
6. Lisander
7. Bears Armed
8. APPALACHIAN NATION
9. Razneta
10. Ouna
11. Five Cities

PREDICTION: I really like Appys chances to do well, but there's just to much talent here to overcome and while I think there will be a bright future for the Hillbillies, right now this WCQ is for building up the team for the future. There is to much talent in theis group and to many teams lower than us only by fate and not talent, I think 7th is respectable especially for a new team, but there's always a shot at more!

Terre Septentrionale
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Terre Septentrionale » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:38 pm

World Cup 84 preview

The World Cup 84 is starting in a few weeks and the draw was held yesterday. Well, I mean earlier this morning.This edition of the World Cup has already been called the "Cursed Cup" or the "Cursed world Cup". Firstable the first matchday of the current World Cup will be played on friday the 13th in june 2025 in Septentrional calendar. Secondly, there was a broadcast problem for the first draw yesterday and it has been delayed for a few hours. Thirdly, That draw was screwed up because of little errors concerning nations ranking and the hosts decided to redo the draft.

Hopefully the 2nd draw is fine and they won't redo it again. Terre Septentrionale (77) was placed in group 2 with Banija (5), Brenecia (19), Abahnfleft (42), Crystalline Caverns (66), The Sherpa Empire (96), Brigantii (158), Trolleborg (175), Casta Marina (301), Atlantic Republic (UR) and Sarzonia (UR). Well if you compare this group with the one we had from the first draw, you can see we've been screwed big time. First of all, Banija, being ranked 5th seems to be a small upgrade over Nephara. Secondly, we'd rather face Brusseldorf than Abahnfleft. The Northmen played only once against the Fleftics, which ended with a 1-0 Nordiques win in extra time. But what everyone will remember is the Fleftics acted like fools onto the field and played extremely dirty. This disgrace has no place in a soccer game. Thirdly, we'd rather play against Fujai instead of Trolleborg, the current winner of the Baptism of Fire. Lastly, we'd rather play any other unranked nation rather than Sarzonia. How come Sarzonia is unranked by the way? They've participated in the World Cup for many years! We'll here's an analysis of every nations in group 2.

Banija (5)

Banija is a pretty good gridiron football team, but they're even even better in soccer! Banija were co-hosts of the previous World Cup with Equestria States. As a co-hosts, they qualified directly to the World Cup, and finished 1st in group E with 2 wins and a draw. They faced South Covello in the round of 16 and won in penalties. They beat Vilita 3-2 in quarterfinals but lost 3-2 against Starblaydia in the semi final. Then they beat the current co-host, Cassadaigua, 3-1 for the 3rd place.

Well, we can only expect losses and losses against a team like Banija, they're probably eager to show they can win the World Cup and they're capable to do so. Banija haven't released their roster but let's take a look at their last year's roster, the one who finished in 3rd place. They use a 4-2-1-3 formation, which looks pretty much offensive rather than defensive. Chibuzo Afolayan and Gitonga Kahara are the top two goalscorers of the team and they're both still active. Kahara is only 28, and seems to be slightly better than Afolayan, who'll start to decline soon. Despite being an offensive team, they're still really good defensively and Lemuel Bereket, who plays in Apox, is one of the best goalie in the world.

Terre Septentrionale will travel to Banija on matchday 7 and will recieve the Kadongo Kamu at Stade NordAir in Ville Jacques-Cartier on matchday 18.

Brenecia (19)

Brenecia is another top team in soccer and they'll be hard to beat. Like Banija, they also made it to the World Cup last season, but they had to go through the qualifications where they finished first in group N with a 8-1-3 record. Then, in the World Cup, they finished 3rd in group C with a 1-1-1 record.

We can also expect two losses against Brenecia. Most of the time they're using a 4-3-3 formation but when they want to protect a lead, they're not affraid to use a 4-4-2 formation. They even could use this formation to start a game rather than the 4-3-3 formation. Their top goalscorer is Kara Ciogach, who has 21 goals in 33 games. They also has 4 athletic and high-calibre defenders, with Gethin Quill being the most experienced one.

Terre Septentrionale will travel to Brenecia on matchday 2 and will recieve the Patriots at Stadion Hydro-Polnocna in Trzebiegoszcz on matchday 13.

Abahnfleft(42)

Abahnfleft is a good team, but if we have to beat a good team, it must be them. Ranked 42nd, they're whitin our reach. Last World Cup qualifications, Abahnfleft finished 2nd in group T with a 5-3-4 record and had to go through some playoffs before advancing to the World Cup. They finished 2nd in their playoff group with a 1-1-1 record and didn't made it to the World Cup.

Abahnfleft used a 4-3-1-2 formation at the last World Cup and they also play with a very offensive style. Their offense was led by Kareem Dagen and Vitaly Zima last World Cup. Dagen made a name for himself at the first Sporting World Cup, scoring 10 goals and leading Abahnfleft to 2nd place. On the other hand, Zima is a one-dimensional player and our defenders can exploit this weakness when counter-attacking.

Terre Septentrionale will recieve the Fleftics at Stadion Hydro-Polnocna in Trzebiegoszcz on matchday 8 and will travel to Abahnfleft on matchday 19.

Crystalline Caverns (66)

Crystalline Caverns is a nation that we don't know well, but they're doing well at soccer. They finished 2nd in group Q at the World Cup 83 qualifications and had to go through some playoffs. They finished 4th in their group with 3 losses, which didn't grant them a spot at the World Cup. They still will be hard to beat.

Unlike other top teams in group 2, Crystalline Caverns is a very defensive team, maybe one of the most defensive one in this World Cup. Last World Cup, their goalkeeper was Clovis Terrano and he'll certainly be back this season again. they were captained by Dan Castellini, a really good midfielder.

Terre Septentrionale will recieve Crystalline Caverns on matchday 10 at Stade NordAir in Ville Jacques-Cartier and will travel to the Caverns on matchday 21.

The Sherpa Empire (96)

Despite being ranked lower than us, The Sherpa Empire are still good at soccer. They had a poor results at the last World Cup qualifications, finishing last in group K with a 1-6-5 record.

If we look at their Campionato esportiva roster, their top goalscorers should be Dawang Rai, Dorji Chong and Lakpa Mehta.

Terre Septentrionale will recieve The Sherpa Empire at Stade Chien Géant in Prévost on matchday 3 and will travel to the Empire on matchday 14.

Brigantii (158)

Brigantii also had a poor result at the latest World Cup qualifications, finishing in 6th place in group K, just ahead of The Sherpa Empire, with a 3-1-8 record.

Brigantii haven't published their roster and considering they're shattering into a myriad of possibilities and eventualities, it's hard to predict their line up. But considering this World Cup haven't started yet and it's already cursed, Brigantii will probably be using their cursed kingdom line up, though we don't believe in magic here in Terre Septentrionale.

Terre Septentrionale will travel to Brigantii on matchday 11 and will recieve them at Stadion Miejski Krzczonow in Krzczonow on matchday 22.

Trolleborg (175)

Trolleborg is the current Baptism of Fire winner. They finished first in group B with 5 win and a loss. then, they beat Nirvacana 4-1 in the round of 16, Castanya 3-2 in extra time in the quarterfinals, Poafmersia 3-2 in the semifinals and Appalachian Nation 2-1 in the final to win the Baptism of Fire.

Trolleborg, like, most top teams in this group, play an offensive style. Their offense is led by Start Kerr, who scored 13 goals in the BoF (if we understand their roster correctly). Morten Troll, 24 years old, is the brightest star of under 25 in Trolleborg and can make excellent passes and extremely good shots.

Terre Septentrionale will travel to Trolleborg on matchday 9 and will recieve the Trolls at Laszlo Kocsis Stadion in Szentgyörgyvölgy on matchday 20.

Casta Marina (301)

Casta Marina is another Baptism of Fire participant. they were in group B like Trolleborg but finished in 3rd place with 2 wins and 4 losses.

Terre Septentrionale will recieve them at Stadion Miejski Ostroszowice in Ostroszowice on matchday 6 and will travel to Casta Marina on matchday 17.

Atlantic Republic (UR)

Atlantic Repiblic will make it's debut in this World Cup by recieving Brenecia at their home.

Terre Septentrionale will travel to the Atlantic on matchday 4 and will reieve them at Stade Rona-Dépôt in Oujé-Bougoumou on matchday 15.

Sarzonia (UR)

Sarzonia participated several times in the World Cup in the early years and they're coming back for the World Cup 84. They finished 3rd in the World Cup 49, which is their best result in modern history.

Sarzonia play a balanced style. Jake Campos, 20 years old, is a straight up target player in the front line and a prime candidate for headers, while Cayden Aguirre is a creative forward. Another player who'll play an important role in Sarzonia's offense is Ernie Mabree.

Terre Septentrionale will recieve the Stars at Stadion Krapinska in Kukljica on matchday 1 and will travel to Sarzonia on matchday 12.

Predictions

Let's make some predictions for group 2:

-Banija and Brenecia will qualify in group 2.

-Terre Septentrionale will finish in 3rd place and will miss the World Cup by a hair.

-Abahnfleft will finish 5th behind Banija, Brenecia, Terre Septentrionale and Trolleborg.

And for other groups:

-Group 1: No surprise there, Sargossa and Audioslavia will qualify and Newmanistan will put up a good fight but will come short.

-Group 3: Starblaydia will qualify easily. Mercedini and Eastfield Lodge will fight for the 2nd spot with Mercedini having a slight advantage.

-Group 4: Turori and Cosumar are the clear favorites there. Sorry for 95X.

-Group 5: Nephara will advance to the World Cup. Siovanija & Teusland will pass The Macabees for the 2nd spot.

-Group 6: Equestria and Hapilopper will qualify. Sorry for Darmen and Bongo Johnson.

-Group 7: The hardest group to predict so far. Mriin and Chromatika will qualify with Busoga Islands finishing 3rd and Main Nation Ministry 4th.

-Group 8: South Covello will qualify. Qasden and Squornshelan Remnant States will fight for the 2nd place with SRS having the edge.

-Group 9: Valanora will qualify. And we'll see a good fight between Kelssek, Ethane, Xanneria, Lisander and Port Ember with no particular order, with Kelssek emerging as the 2nd place team.

Group 10: Other teams have no chance against The Holy Empire and Kita-Hinode.

Group 11: It will be a good fight between Jeruselem, Free Republics, Savojarna and Taeshan with FFR and Savojarna advancing to the World Cup.

Group 12: I see three teams who can qualify: Farfadillis, Drawkland and Pasarga. Unfortunately for Pasarga, they'll come short.

Group 13: Eura and Recuecn are the favorites.

Group 14: Vilita is a no-brainer, then Krytenia, Mattijana and Zwangzug will fight for the 2nd place with Zwangzug being the one who will advance to the next stage.

Group 15: Apox and Ko-oren will make it to the World Cup with Eshan putting up a good fight.

This concludes this analysis, please make sure to watch the World Cup 84 preview show on friday june 13th 2025 on TVSports 1 in all three languages (French, Polish and English) with player interviews, more analysis and stuff.

Wlodzimierz Pietruszewski,
Senior writer for La tribune Septentrionale
Last edited by Terre Septentrionale on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation name: République de Terre Septentrionale | Trigramme: RTS | Capital: Ville Jacques-Cartier | Maps
Ranks: Hockey: 20th | American Football: 7th | Baseball: 17th | Association Football: 23rd | Rugby Union: 21st
Champions:
Runner Up: Cup of Harmony 76, International Baseball Slam XI
3rd Place: World Volleyball Expo X, International Baseball Slam XII, World Lacrosse Championship XXXV
4th Place: Arena Bowl VI
World Cup participations: WC 85 (3rd place in group), WC 86 (3rd place in group)

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:57 pm

The Daily Grind

"Ughh..." the Leader woke up in his bed to the sounds of his alarm clock, blaring at his ears where he shut it off. "Damn it.." the Leader moaned, as he slipped on his rubber slippers and wore a white bathrobe over his pajamas. Being in his own private penthouse, he went to his kitchen to brew himself a cup of coffee to drink, as he popped in several slices of bread into a toaster, while yawning. Pressing a button on his kitchen wall, an automatic dispenser of orange juice was pouring some vitamin C into a glass, which the Leader got to take a large sip. After his toast popped up, he inserted the toasted board into another device with slits, where the bread was given strawberry jam, which the Leader put on a plate, as he walked over to his dining room table.

"What's on the news today?" the Leader thought, as he switched on his TV, getting the remote as he watched the news from his dining room table.
"Today, World Cup 84 is expected to appear-"
BZZZT
"Dorbi Truman was unable to comment on international relations with Raffia after another incident had-"
BZZZT
"We are getting reports that some Ministrian refugees are taking sanctuary at Fauntenheddo, however we are unable to get information about this nation, in particular."
BZZZT

The Leader managed to switch on the channel to a simple security camera overlooking the front of the government building, as he finished off his toast. The Leader went to the bathroom to get his teeth brushed, before he opened his wardrobe to put on his traditional dictator's outfit. He was good to go. Grabbing his coffee and adding several cream and sugars to it, before he left his penthouse to enter his office, the Leader could only imagined what nonsense was going to be filled into his office today.

Well. I guess you want to know something interesting for once. Do you? Oh no. I'm not Jessica Madden. If anything I will be speaking for her, since she's nothing but an unreliable narrator for this story. I want to start off by providing my side of her story. Why? Because I can explain to you a little bit more about that girlfriend of hers. Oh Charlie.. While I can criticize your life choices, I do want to give some sympathy for you. But sympathy isn't something I give to people.

Let's talk about the tale of memories, may I? Not memories about me. About her. I guess having someone speak for them gives catharsis. Now you trust me?

Do you?

The Leader let out a sigh, then a short giggle. People should know by now.

That's one way of knowing you trust me. Now. Let's talk about some memories. A heart of memories, I may add.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Balqia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Welcome to Balqia

Postby Balqia » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:30 am

You turn on your cellphone, the day is beginning, the sun shines outside and someone yells in the street, what a beautiful Sunday morning. After opening Ourtube you scroll a while before selecting a video about kitties playing in a box. The video loads, and after two minutes of immeasurable cuteness the video is stopped and in its place starts a propaganda.
“Balqia’s Media and Culture Ministry” is read below a logo with somethings written in a crazy language. You know the name from somewhere, after a click you remember that you saw it in the last World Cup, Balqia was one of the minor teams competing. Oh, and you saw it in the news, if you remember correctly it was about some protests being repressed. It’s enough to catch your attention.
A park appears in the screen, some trees and bushes decorate the sidewalk, many people walk around in heavy clothes. The camera rotates and finally stops after reaching a man in a suit, behind him a huge statue of a man in military clothes pointing somewhere. The man smiles, his name appears in the screen “Luk Somaniq”, he has brown hair and green eyes.
-Hello, I am Balqia’s Media and Culture minister, and today we will take a tour through Balqia! If you are a football fan and pretend to travel to out country to watch your favorite team play this video will be specially useful to you!
His excited voice make you a little more interested in the video, you can’t skip it so you will to watch it anyway if you want to see more cute kitties. Now the video is showing some painting of a war, the minister’s voice starts to speak.
-The Balqese revolution happened seventy years ago, but it’s still alive today.-
A map of the country appears on the screen, all of it’s western neighbors painted in blue while Balqia is colored in black.
-Because of that our country has different values and political system than most western countries. This video is meant to help you to adapt and understand our country, the balqese people values social order, and disrespecting it is very rude. So, here are some useful tips for you!
A draw appears, it has a minimalist design, like those of manuals. Someone using a hawaian shirt and shorts and a woman in are shown side by side. The minister’s voice starts to speak in a monotonous way.
-When you arrive in Balqia a trained guide will be assigned to you. He or She will be by your side during your trip, except in your hotel room and in places like cinemas and stadiums. We recommend you to stay with him, he will speak your mother language and guide you through the country, showing you places of interest and communicating with natives. We do not recommend you to get out without him. It is not a crime, but it is very rude and you may be considered suspicious by the local authorities.-
An image of someone tossing something in the street is shown with an red ‘X’ painted above it.
-Respect the environment and public space, throwing garbage in the street will be punished with a fine of U$89,63.-
Someone holding a gun is shown, a red ‘X’ above his head, by his side someone with a gun in the holster appears with a green check mark above him.
-You can carry knives, guns, bats and other objects meant to self defense with you, but if you draw them in a non-dangerous situation you will be considered a public threat and treated as one.-
A message appears in the screen “Being considered a public threat may cause the police to instantly shoot you”.
Before you can process this information another image appears in the screen, two people are talking, but one appears to don’t understand the other.
-Most balqese don’t speak another language, so you may find it hard to communicate with them. However, if you think you are lost talk to a police officer, he will not speak with you, but will guide you to a police station where someone that can communicate with you will be called.
Now an image of someone walking with a big coat and fedora hat is shown with a big ‘X’ above him.
-Suspicious behavior will be dealt with harshness. Please do not take photos of people without consent, most places will have a plate informing you if it’s legal to take photos. If you don’t see one ask your guide about it, he or she will be happy in informing you.
The minister appears again in the screen, e is in the same place as before.
-We hope you come to visit us, Balqia is a wonderful place and we are sure you will love it. If you have any question email your embassy, if you come to our country a leaflet with these and other information will be handed to you. We are waiting you.
With this the add finally ends and you can appreciate your kitties. Balqia is a strange place indeed, by its looks it’s just like some dystopian society that came from a fiction book, maybe you research about it in the future, you may even also visit it if your favorite team plays there.
But in any case. We will be waiting you.
Last edited by Balqia on Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
69th Baptism of Fire - 2nd Place;
82th World Cup - 5th place of group 6;
83th World Cup - 4th place of group R;
84th World Cup - 5th place of group 11;
85th World Cup - 4th place of group 6.

English isn't my native language. If you see any gramatical error in my RPs, please let me know.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:41 am

The morning of the original draw saw a few confused stares at some of the names that were coming up.

The players looked at Bryan Ostrom for a reaction and he just snarled a "no comment."

He felt something wasn't right, but couldn't place his finger on it.

Then came the re-draw.

Now there was reason for the Stars manager to react.

Banija. The world's fifth ranked team, not to mention an opponent three Stars were already familiar with after facing them during the most recent AOCAF. Some other familiar names from Sarzonia's most recent sporting adventures were also present in qualifying Group 2. Abahnfleft, ranked 42nd. World No. 96 The Sherpa Empire. Seventy-seventh ranked Terre Septentrionale.

And the most recent Baptism of Fire Champions, Trolleborg would be facing a Stars team that won one of the earliest editions of the Baptism of Fire.

The Stars will open their qualifying campaign against Terre Septentrionale, a team that already expressed a desire to face anyone other than Sarzonia.

SCHEDULE
Matchday 1: @ No. 77 Terre Septentrionale
Matchday 2: v. No. 301 Casta Marina (at Dave Wilson Stadium in Woodstock, capacity 105,900)
Matchday 3: @ No. 5 Banija
Matchday 4: v. No. 42 Abahnfleft (at the Iron Bowl, Portland, Somerset; capacity 45,170)
Matchday 5: @ No. 175 Trolleborg
Matchday 6: v. No. 66 Crystalline Caverns (at Mike Sarzo Stadium, Nicksia, Benatar; capacity 75,780)
Matchday 7: @ No. 158 Brigantii
Matchday 8: BYE
Matchday 9: v. No. 19 Brenecia (at Joe Gibbs Stadium, Woodstock, capacity 75,930)
Matchday 10: @ No. 96 The Sherpa Empire
Matchday 11: v. UNRANKED Atlantic Republic (at Nottingham Pavilion in Woodstock; capacity 18,200)
Two-day holiday break; then
Matchday 12: vs. No. 77 77 Terre Septentrionale (at Mike Sarzo Stadium, Nicksia)
Matchday 13: @ No. 301 Casta Marina
Matchday 14: v. No. 5 Banija (at Dave Wilson Stadium, Woodstock)
Matchday 15: @ No. 42 Abahnfleft
Matchday 16: v. No. 175 Trolleborg (The Iron Bowl, Portland)
Matchday 17: @ No. 66 Crystalline Caverns
Matchday 18: v. No. 158 Bringantii (at Nottingham Pavilion, Woodstock)
Matchday 19: BYE
Matchday 20: @ No. 19 Brenecia
Matchday 21: vs. No. 96 The Sherpa Empire (at Hendrix Stadium, Woodstock; capacity 58,910). This will be the final event at Hendrix Stadium before it's torn down.
Matchday 22: @ UNRANKED Atlantic Republic

When Ostrom was asked if the team would play any friendlies, whether they be pre-, mid-, or post-qualifying, he scowled.

"We're not interested in doing that," he said tersely. "Next question."
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Trolleborg
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Trolleborg » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:56 am

The news that the draw of the tournament, already nicknamed the Cursed Cup, will have to be done anew, has overtaken Federation officials and a group of our television company at the arrival at Trolleborg International Airport. It was assumed that the entire delegation would fly back in the morning to be present at the second draw, until which another 20 hours remained. Then, with whole team already boarding aircraft it turned out that the re-arrangement and the draw were already carried out, and there was no need to fly. “It's something with something,” commented Torben Mortensen. “I’m neither religious nor superstitious, but it seems that with such a start, we all in the world of football should go to pray, purify our souls from the curses that are upon us, do some good deeds, and may even make sacrifices.”

So, now we been put in pot 8, and will play (if something is not going wrong again) in a Group 2. Our opponents here are:
Banija (5th place, 40.76 points)
Brenecia (19, 30.58)
Abahnfleft (42, 16.65)
Crystalline Caverns (66, 11.00)
Terre Septentrionale (77, 9.48)
The Sherpa Empire (96, 7.06)
Brigantii (158, 3.33)
Casta Marina (301, 0.60)
Atlantic Republic (UR)
Sarzonia (UR)

For the sake of comparison we are 175th, having 2.75 ranking points. New group looked slightly more even in composition, albeit it's, probably, not change much for us.

First game we will play away against Abahnfleft, than having a day off to lick wounds after predictable loss, and after that we play at home with Crystalline Caverns, away with a Brigantii, home against Sarzonia, away against Brenecia and home again with Sherpa.

And again, we wish our lads good luck, it’s exactly what they need.
Last edited by Trolleborg on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports